Page 78 of 175 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    That was the first thing I tried - it doesn't detect the router without this manual config [no matter if I change the security type from WPA2TKIP to any of the others] - yet alone the internet.

Just selecting the wifi network and entering the password doesn't work. It can see all my neighbouring networks and ours just fine, it just can't connect automatically [unlike every other device we have]...
    If possible, reset your router and try connecting to it with everything at defaults. It's likely some setting with the router that was changed, but it would be almost impossible to tell unless you remember every setting you've changed.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

The closest I have had to your problem is that my 360 wouldn't connect to my Apple Network (I wonder why?), and that when trying to connect to my Verizon router with my Wii U I forgot that the WEP password is case sensitive. Other than those two problem I have no clue.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Decided just to get that USB Ethernet adapter the Wii used instead.

Spent too much time since Thurs morning getting worked up over this [I miss the days when we just just got new consoles with everything in it and we just played games] - gonna have fun and play on my 3 games!

Arkham City is so much fun. The GamePad features are nice, though sometimes I feel like they're being included just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Still shouldn't be anywhere near enough to fill the memory.
    I don't see why it's so hard to believe. Some of my WiiWare and VC titles take up hundreds of blocks and I have Wii games that require almost a hundred blocks, with some even exceeding one hundred. Anyway, I took BCVM22's advice and I managed to fit all of my retail games onto the memory.

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    I don't see why it's so hard to believe. Some of my WiiWare and VC titles take up hundreds of blocks and I have Wii games that require almost a hundred blocks, with some even exceeding one hundred. Anyway, I took BCVM22's advice and I managed to fit all of my retail games onto the memory.
    Because your save games are not your WiiWare games. The games themselves will take up hundreds of blocks, your save files will not. You would have to have hundreds of save files to fill the memory.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Because your save games are not your WiiWare games. The games themselves will take up hundreds of blocks, your save files will not. You would have to have hundreds of save files to fill the memory.
    But they still take up space in the internal memory, do they not?

Quote Originally Posted by The Eleventh View Post
    But they still take up space in the internal memory, do they not?
    Yes and that's why BCVM was saying to delete everything but the saves, and then you still said you didn't think you'd have the room.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 1st December 2012 at 5:37 PM.

Yes and that's BCVM he was saying to delete everything but the saves, and then you still said you didn't think you'd have the room.
    I can see how it could have come across that way, looking back over my responses. I initially misunderstood what he meant by "game file" and "save file".

Hey guys - my dad managed to get that Manual config to work [somehow], so I'm now updated [and about to cancel that USB Ethernet adapter order].

Just activating my NNid now, before updating my games and checking out the eShop!

Quote Originally Posted by Jigglypuff5000 View Post
    Hey guys - my dad managed to get that Manual config to work [somehow], so I'm now updated [and about to cancel that USB Ethernet adapter order].

Just activating my NNid now, before updating my games and checking out the eShop!
    You should ask him what he did. I'm curious and it could be helpful for others in the future as well.

So what kind of games would you like to see on Wii U's eShop? I'd really like to see some GC VC games. For instance:

Luigi's Mansion
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Mario Kart: Double Dash
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    Pikmin
    Pikmin 2
    Super Mario Strikers
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    So what kind of games would you like to see on Wii U's eShop? I'd really like to see some GC VC games. For instance:

Luigi's Mansion
    Super Mario Sunshine
    Mario Kart: Double Dash
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
    Pikmin
    Pikmin 2
    Super Mario Strikers
    Pfft, I already have ALL of those you mentioned (the fifth one which I'm actually playing for Youtube videos...) so there's no point for me to buy them again.

...Alright, so Pikmin 2 is already everywhere on the Wii, so there's really not much of a reason to put it up, but since Nintendo IS releasing Wii U games digitally as well...

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    ...Alright, so Pikmin 2 is already everywhere on the Wii, so there's really not much of a reason to put it up, but since Nintendo IS releasing Wii U games digitally as well...
    I know with the whole system transfer and all. On a serious note, that's what's going to bite Nintendo in the butt; the ports of some highly rated Game Cube games they made for the Wii. Then again, they're either in a bundle or at discount price so it might not hurt too much putting them onto the eShop.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Pfft, I already have ALL of those you mentioned (the fifth one which I'm actually playing for Youtube videos...) so there's no point for me to buy them again.
    Maybe not for you, but what if someone doesn't have a Gamecube or a Wii that plays Gamecube games? They'd have no way to play them otherwise.

It is? I'm not a Pikmin fan so I wouldn't know that. I guess no to that, then. Speaking of games that are already on the Wii, add Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 to that list since the Trilogy is so hard to come by nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'll be happy as long as we get Wind Waker honestly. I have all the other good GC titles. If I had to pick a few others not on your list, I'd probably go with Colliseum, XD,and the Metroid Prime games. Mario Baseball would probably be a good choice as well.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

Never mind. I don't trust my Wind Waker GCN copy to work properly. I'd PROBABLY buy it off from the eShop if it even gets there.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    On a serious note, that's what's going to bite Nintendo in the butt; the ports of some highly rated Game Cube games they made for the Wii.
    What are you talking about

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Yeah, I don't really understand his reasoning either.

If they can easily put up digital copies of Wii U games, putting up Wii games shouldn't really be too hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Maybe not for you, but what if someone doesn't have a Gamecube or a Wii that plays Gamecube games? They'd have no way to play them otherwise.
    Your logic fails.

If someone doesn't own a Game Cube, a Wii that can plays Game Cube games or a Game Cube Controller plus Game Cube games, then chances are that they don't care if Nintendo put the Game Cube games on the e-shop.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Your logic fails.

If someone doesn't own a Game Cube, a Wii that can plays Game Cube games or a Game Cube Controller plus Game Cube games, then chances are that they don't care if Nintendo put the Game Cube games on the e-shop.
    I don't understand this logic.

If someone doesn't have an older console, or the latest console that can play older console game, why would they care if Nintendo puts those type of games on E-shop?

What?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    Your logic fails.

Just because a person doesn't own it, doesn't mean they don't care. A lot of people, like myself, have experienced certain games, or consoles for that matter, at, let's say, a friend's house. For example, my cousins had a SNES, but my parents didn't want to buy it for me. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy SNES games, and I do care about what games are available on the e-shop.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Game Cube games ported to the Wii like the Pikmin series and the first two Metroid Prime games. Those are the only two series I can think of but I know they're highly rated. Still, it's just four games, doubt it will hurt too much.

Anywho, adoring the universal remote functions, so handy. I wish functionality with Bluray players is released, mine receives signals from the remote so slowly.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Is it just me or do the WiiU launch titles seem lacking? I mean, that ZombiU game looks great, and Super Mario Bros. is a day one buy. Then, there's Arkham City (which I beat a long time ago) and Mass Effect 3 (also beat) Great games, I'd recommend both to someone who likes games. Just seems a little dated for a release.

I play my Wii to death, and I really love how they're going to let you transfer all your save files and virtual consoles from the Wii to the WiiU. Although right now, I think I'll have to hold off until they release the next Zelda game or Smash Bros. or just SOMETHING to warrant a purchase.

Also, can anyone confirm if there are Gamecube games on the shop channel?
    Trainer: Dr.Evil
    Pokemon Black Friend Code: 4814-4615-9206

Quote Originally Posted by eggyolk View Post
    Is it just me or do the WiiU launch titles seem lacking? I mean, that ZombiU game looks great, and Super Mario Bros. is a day one buy. Then, there's Arkham City (which I beat a long time ago) and Mass Effect 3 (also beat) Great games, I'd recommend both to someone who likes games. Just seems a little dated for a release.

I play my Wii to death, and I really love how they're going to let you transfer all your save files and virtual consoles from the Wii to the WiiU. Although right now, I think I'll have to hold off until they release the next Zelda game or Smash Bros. or just SOMETHING to warrant a purchase.

The VC isn't up yet, so no.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Is it just me or do the WiiU launch titles seem lacking?
    Pretty sure it's just you. There's basically a game for almost each genre.

It's common knowledge that there are no such titles for the moment.

Page 78 of 175 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128 ... LastLast