Page 80 of 178 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 4427

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

...So, how's New Super Mario Bros. U? Is it superior than the previous versions?

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    ...So, how's New Super Mario Bros. U? Is it superior than the previous versions?
    I might be remembering something different than I played, but it's still not as good as the original NSMB. It feels exactly like NSMB Wii to me, which was completely underwhelming and I could just never get into it. I forced myself to beat it, like I will do with this. But it's not really exciting, to me. If you liked NSMB Wii though, you'll definitely like U.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I think people are simply tired of the lack of real change in the 2D formula, they really shouldht have made NSMB2.. I havent played any of the NSMB games though

Pretty sure none of here us is the arbitrator or whether a certain game should or shouldn't have been made nor was there any problem with the decision.

Next.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Well its a problem if it causes people to become disenfranchised wouldnt you think?

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Well its a problem if it causes people to become disenfranchised wouldnt you think?
    Only if it stops selling millions of copies.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    People don't talk. Money talks. NSMB games make money. That simple.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I might be remembering something different than I played, but it's still not as good as the original NSMB. It feels exactly like NSMB Wii to me, which was completely underwhelming and I could just never get into it. I forced myself to beat it, like I will do with this. But it's not really exciting, to me. If you liked NSMB Wii though, you'll definitely like U.
    There's some very fun stuff in the later levels (and challenge if you are going for the Star Coins), and some of the post game levels are just evil (one in particular stands out to me so far).

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    There's some very fun stuff in the later levels (and challenge if you are going for the Star Coins), and some of the post game levels are just evil (one in particular stands out to me so far).

woot21 out dawgs
    I'm not necessarily looking for difficulty, interesting I could use though. I'm currently in the forest world, whichever one is the ripoff of World 4 of SMB 3. I did always enjoy that giant aspect, and that was really, really cool as a child. Still just doesn't feel the same to me though, I think a big part is the controls, they just don't feel right, they feel very loose. Again, could be remembering differently from what was true. Not to mention neither the Wii remote or the GamePad are very good controllers for a platformer.

The gamepad is amazing for Mario U, what are you talking about?

I'm not necessarily looking for difficulty, interesting I could use though. I'm currently in the forest world, whichever one is the ripoff of World 4 of SMB 3. I did always enjoy that giant aspect, and that was really, really cool as a child. Still just doesn't feel the same to me though, I think a big part is the controls, they just don't feel right, they feel very loose. Again, could be remembering differently from what was true. Not to mention neither the Wii remote or the GamePad are very good controllers for a platformer.
    It combines another world from an older 2-D Mario game with it too. Not telling you which game or world.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    The gamepad is amazing for Mario U, what are you talking about?
    It's huge, and not being able to turn the screen off on it not on drains battery life very quickly but can be slightly distracting as well.

It's huge, and not being able to turn the screen off on it not on drains battery life very quickly but can be slightly distracting as well.
    Leave it charged in and it's not distracting at all

Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    Leave it charged in and it's not distracting at all
    Can't you turn down the screen brightness too? If so, how? I remember reading that, and can't figure out how to do it.

woot21 out dawgs

You know you might just want to replace the batter, I mean it does have a giant *** space in the back

But it's playing the exact same image, how is it distracting? And the battery life issue has nothing to do with comfort.

Not being able to turn off the GamePad when it's not in use is indeed annoying. I don't need it for NSMBU, since I'm playing co-op with my brother. The battery life isn't too great.

It's not a portable, the battery life is irrelevant, you can keep it plugged in while in use.

Just watched Nintendo direct, and it's official, I want a Wii U ASAP. The panoramic view and Wii Fit U look amazing.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

I don't like the Panorama thing too much but I don't hate it either. I think it's a good application to plan out vacations with the family, though.

Home button > Controller Settings > Display Off
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

You can also change it there is a huge space in the back... its relatively inexpensive and nintendo got a cheap battery so not to increase the cost of production.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I don't like the Panorama thing too much but I don't hate it either. I think it's a good application to plan out vacations with the family, though.
    And spy on reggie like Iwata did

Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    An anticipated launch window getting pushed back, why does that sound familiar? I'm saying it ends up coming out Q1 2014.

woot21 out dawgs

Page 80 of 178 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast