Page 81 of 177 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 4410

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #2001
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanami View Post
    Leave it charged in and it's not distracting at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    But it's playing the exact same image, how is it distracting? And the battery life issue has nothing to do with comfort.
    By leaving it plugged in the screen gets brighter, not to mention I don't have an outlet near enough to make it comfortable. And it doesn't matter what's on the screen, something happening at the edge of your eyesight is distracting. I feel like they should have supported the Wii U Pro or Classic controllers, not sure why they didn't.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  2. #2002
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Well you can turn it off^

  3. #2003
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Well you can turn it off^
    How? That's what I want to know.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  4. #2004
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Did anyone really expect us to get this before Japan did? It's not that surprising, it's still getting released in Japan in Q1 2013, I believe.

    Also, pink Pikmin are further confirmed in the Nintendo Direct, you can see them planted on a ledge in this video.

  5. #2005
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    If anyone's curious about the "hey", I was mimicking the noise a yellow Pikmin makes when they find a bomb rock for the North American launch window. I'm not complaining.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  6. #2006
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    People who arent the audience really shouldnt be asking questions for unnecessary answers, the sadist in me will only seek to confuse you ever more so.

    If you think thats being a jerk then may this world have mercy upon your soul, you wont function well in the work place. I am simply pointing out the duplicitous things that people do that I find annoying to fortuna who is too preoccupied with stating the obvious. Besides I would prefer that people cease with asking aimless questions . If you dont care then there isnt a need to talk in the first place, unless you want your asinine behavior pointed out. Let me give you a tip blazeboy, giving people you're opinion and advice when they dont ask for it only begets the possibility of you pushing their buttons and engaging you with antagonistic intentions. Its simple you dont like what they are people are doing, ignore it, and let others make their own judgements, no one really is concerned with you're input in the end, after all you seemingly have a clear dissonance with the meaning behind the word jerk than I do. You may have a point(you still seemingly have a few misconceptions of your own you need to sort out) but Im not too concerned with what you see as pathetic behavior. If your going to communicate with someone the you best make sure you both are on the same page about what things mean.
    It's cute how you claim to not care, but you then post a big rant. Also, FYI, those who try very hard to come across as intelligent (usually by being verbose) seldom live up to the impression. Now please, continue with your derisive stares.

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    There's some very fun stuff in the later levels (and challenge if you are going for the Star Coins), and some of the post game levels are just evil (one in particular stands out to me so far).

    woot21 out dawgs
    I am halfway through Soda Jungle (having just found the secret exit), so I am not quite up to the end of the game. Please tell me none of the levels are as evil as that god-damned Piranha Plant level from Star Road in NSMB Wii. Ugh, so much fire melting my ice, I hated it.

    I have to admit though, I am fairly ambivalent. I hated that level, but would love to see something as nasty in this game.
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

  7. #2007
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    How? That's what I want to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
    Home button > Controller Settings > Display Off
        Spoiler:


    Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    It's cute how you claim to not care, but you then post a big rant. Also, FYI, those who try very hard to come across as intelligent (usually by being verbose) seldom live up to the impression. Now please, continue with your derisive stares.



    I am halfway through Soda Jungle (having just found the secret exit), so I am not quite up to the end of the game. Please tell me none of the levels are as evil as that god-damned Piranha Plant level from Star Road in NSMB Wii. Ugh, so much fire melting my ice, I hated it.

    I have to admit though, I am fairly ambivalent. I hated that level, but would love to see something as nasty in this game.
    Its laughable to consider that a rant, that is a simple explanation for people to live and let be and get out of their heads for once. It's annoying. Especially to hear people tout their own perception as its fact. But the fact that you choose to harp on the fact about whether I care or not simply means you missed the point completely and its not worth the time. Now if you please drop the subject, keep your psycho-babble and the rest of whatever spewing rabble you come up with to yourself, its not worth getting a furrow in my brow. I'd rather not getting into fruitless discussion with you about intellect,

    Also I didnt ask for your opinion so dont FYI me. Further proof that you dont pay attention.
    Last edited by arceus7; 6th December 2012 at 3:38 AM.

  8. #2008
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Clovis, California
    Posts
    1,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Can't you turn down the screen brightness too? If so, how? I remember reading that, and can't figure out how to do it.

    woot21 out dawgs
    You can control the GamePad brightness by accessing its settings by pushing the Home button.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys


  9. #2009
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    Please tell me none of the levels are as evil as that god-damned Piranha Plant level from Star Road in NSMB Wii. Ugh, so much fire melting my ice, I hated it.
    Main game none are. Post-game one of the three I've done so far falls into that level. Of BS, even more so if you try to get all the Star Coins.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  10. #2010
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Its laughable to consider that a rant, that is a simple explanation for people to live and let be and get out of their heads for once. It's annoying. Especially to hear people tout their own perception as its fact. But the fact that you choose to harp on the fact about whether I care or not simply means you missed the point completely and its not worth the time. Now if you please drop the subject, keep your psycho-babble and the rest of whatever spewing rabble you come up with to yourself, its not worth getting a furrow in my brow. I'd rather not getting into fruitless discussion with you about intellect,
    Keep proving my point, buddy. Besides, I didn't miss the point; it's just fun to read your replies.

    Also I didnt ask for your opinion so dont FYI me. Further proof that you dont pay attention.
    FYI means 'for your information'. It has no bearing on whether or not you asked for my opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Main game none are. Post-game one of the three I've done so far falls into that level. Of BS, even more so if you try to get all the Star Coins.

    woot21 out dawgs
    Oh good. I look forward to getting my arse kicked repatedly.
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

  11. #2011
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Did I ask for your advice? No I didn.t So you can take your rude farce behind back to Calico, I can smell the bullcrap from miles away, it swirls around you like a tempest. Now shut up and drop it.

  12. #2012
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Did I ask for your advice? No I didn.t So you can take your rude farce behind back to Calico, I can smell the bullcrap from miles away, it swirls around you like a tempest. Now shut up and drop it.
    It takes two to tango.

    If you really want to drop the conversation, quit replying to it, even if your reply is asking for the other to quit it.

    Though telling someone you didn't ask for their advice is pretty rude as well.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 6th December 2012 at 7:13 AM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  13. #2013
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Silence you fifthly cur!

    All joking aside, I'm of the personal opinion that the incorrigible prick who took the first misstep in our tango should end things cordially .

    and didnt your mother tell you that sticking your nose into other peoples bouts is contemptibly rude?
    Last edited by arceus7; 6th December 2012 at 7:41 AM.

  14. #2014
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    5,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Silence you fifthly cur!
    Is there any point to your insults? With each one, you dig a deeper hole. Is that fun for you?


    Anyway, how would people rate the Wii U's power compared to the 360 or PS3? Is it twice as powerful?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

  15. #2015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    and didnt your mother tell you that sticking your nose into other peoples bouts is contemptibly rude?
    You're in a public discussion forum. There is no "other peoples bouts" [sic]. If you want a conversation private, take it private, as no doubt all onlookers would appreciate you doing because this is just laughably awful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Darkness View Post
    Anyway, how would people rate the Wii U's power compared to the 360 or PS3? Is it twice as powerful?
    It's not even close, no, but that's okay because this isn't 1993 where one system would be "16-bit" and another would be "32-bit" and the latter would be "twice as powerful". Where a system's components rate relative to those of another system is only half the story these days.

    Point is, there are detailed reports as to how the system's guts compare to those of its current competition, easily found if you so desire (hint: the quick-and-dirty calculations say they're about equal, give or take), but the raw numbers only tell you so much.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  16. #2016
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Its called being facetious. Or would you prefer broader theatrics laced with thinly veiled snark? It's a stronger machine. I considered that but it has much more flare here don't you think? The conversation is done as far as I am concerned

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You're in a public discussion forum. There is no "other peoples bouts" [sic]. If you want a conversation private, take it private, as no doubt all onlookers would appreciate you doing because this is just laughably awful.
    The fact that you cant even realize that such a statement is completely devoid of any and all seriousness is ludicrous.


    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's not even close, no, but that's okay because this isn't 1993 where one system would be "16-bit" and another would be "32-bit" and the latter would be "twice as powerful". Where a system's components rate relative to those of another system is only half the story these days.

    Point is, there are detailed reports as to how the system's guts compare to those of its current competition, easily found if you so desire (hint: the quick-and-dirty calculations say they're about equal, give or take), but the raw numbers only tell you so much
    The only thing equal about any of that is the CPU clock speed, and that is faster than everything else and the RAM is slower Everything else is newer hardware.... Honestly if your going to pride yourself on being the serious one at least get your facts straight before you start misinforming people. Pay strict attention to how you present information to these witless blokes.

    And telling them to go look up the raw numbers is a bad idea, given the vast amount of misinformation. I dont think she feels like watching a tear down either. Its an EDRAM and GPUGGPU intensive machine
    Last edited by arceus7; 6th December 2012 at 6:10 PM.

  17. #2017
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,235

    Default

    Just tried going into the Nintendo eShop, and needed to download an update. Seems they put it out yesterday, and it will improve system stability. It also will take a long time to download.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  18. #2018
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    The fact that you cant even realize that such a statement is completely devoid of any and all seriousness is ludicrous.
    Watch out internet! We got a badass over here.

  19. #2019
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Honestly if your going to pride yourself on being the serious one at least get your facts straight before you start misinforming people.
    Uhh, nope, he's actually correct. It all boils down to almost identical performance. As with all competing hardware, each console will excel at certain things.

    GPUGGPU intensive machine
    That's not even a thing. Not to mention that last sentence didn't make any sense. EDRAM can't be intensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Just tried going into the Nintendo eShop, and needed to download an update. Seems they put it out yesterday, and it will improve system stability. It also will take a long time to download.

    woot21 out dawgs
    I hear it's supposed to reduce load times. I think that's worth it, the current load times are certainly not fast.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  20. #2020
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Did I ask for your advice? No I didn.t So you can take your rude farce behind back to Calico, I can smell the bullcrap from miles away, it swirls around you like a tempest. Now shut up and drop it.
    It's a good thing I didn't offer any advice. Seriously though, stop with the pretentious pseudo-intellect. It impresses nobody.

    Also, please learn the difference between your and you're.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    I hear it's supposed to reduce load times. I think that's worth it, the current load times are certainly not fast.
    Forgive me for being dim - I'm not at home and probably won't be able to do any updates until tomorrow. Is this update meant to reduce all load times, or just those within the eShop? I must say, it takes an awfully long time to load a game.
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

  21. #2021

    Default

    It's meant to reduce load times system-wide.


    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  22. #2022
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    Forgive me for being dim - I'm not at home and probably won't be able to do any updates until tomorrow. Is this update meant to reduce all load times, or just those within the eShop? I must say, it takes an awfully long time to load a game.
    Nothing I read specified, but I'm assuming it's exclusively system load times. Since eShop load times are really all your internet connection.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  23. #2023
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Camelot
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Uhh, nope, he's actually correct. It all boils down to almost identical performance. As with all competing hardware, each console will excel at certain things.



    That's not even a thing. Not to mention that last sentence didn't make any sense. EDRAM can't be intensive.



    I hear it's supposed to reduce load times. I think that's worth it, the current load times are certainly not fast.
    Identical performance? No... no no no no no that is completely wrong.

    Well they did spend the most on the EDRAM and the GPU.

  24. #2024
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    17,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Identical performance? No... no no no no no that is completely wrong.
    No, it's not.

    Well they did spend the most on the EDRAM and the GPU.
    Obviously for the latter, absolutely not true for the former. RAM is any form is dirt cheap. They CPU and GPU will be the most expensive parts in most all systems.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  25. #2025
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fred FredburgerFred Fredburger
    Posts
    5,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It's not even close, no, but that's okay because this isn't 1993 where one system would be "16-bit" and another would be "32-bit" and the latter would be "twice as powerful". Where a system's components rate relative to those of another system is only half the story these days.

    Point is, there are detailed reports as to how the system's guts compare to those of its current competition, easily found if you so desire (hint: the quick-and-dirty calculations say they're about equal, give or take), but the raw numbers only tell you so much.
    Of course. I was just wondering how it compared. Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Its called being facetious. Or would you prefer broader theatrics laced with thinly veiled snark? It's a stronger machine. I considered that but it has much more flare here don't you think? The conversation is done as far as I am concerned
    Flare? Insulting other people is fun for you, just because you can't present a good argument or give good facts?
    "For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
    Douglas Adams



        Spoiler:- Spoiler:

Page 81 of 177 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •