Page 82 of 177 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 4424

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Well then prove why its not wrong. Because from the data, a next gen console is definitely not going to have identical performance with 6 year old tech overall. Efficiency and coding are what is really important when it comes to tech.

They did talk about designing the system on Nintendo's own site in Iwata asks and some other platforms before they did the tear downs. Watch that and stick to the facts of the matter, though I wish the general build wasnt as right sided. Well at least it wont be so hot ._.
    Last edited by arceus7; 7th December 2012 at 1:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    I am halfway through Soda Jungle (having just found the secret exit), so I am not quite up to the end of the game. Please tell me none of the levels are as evil as that god-damned Piranha Plant level from Star Road in NSMB Wii. Ugh, so much fire melting my ice, I hated it.

I have to admit though, I am fairly ambivalent. I hated that level, but would love to see something as nasty in this game.
    Yeah remember what I said here earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Main game none are. Post-game one of the three I've done so far falls into that level. Of BS, even more so if you try to get all the Star Coins.

woot21 out dawgs
    There is a worse level. Like, your timing has to be 100% perfect level.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Well then prove why its not wrong. Because from the data, a next gen console is definitely not going to have identical performance with 6 year old tech overall. Efficiency and coding are what is really important when it comes to tech.
    The Wii wasn't really any better than the original Xbox.

The WiiU is composed largely of what might as well be 6 year old tech. It's just dirt cheap now, and that's why Nintendo is going for it. The WiiU isn't capable of very much more than the 360 or PS3.

They did talk about designing the system on Nintendo's own site in Iwata asks and some other platforms before they did the tear downs. Watch that and stick to the facts of the matter, though I wish the general build wasnt as right sided. Well at least it wont be so hot ._.
    I've read and looked at those sorts of things already. The difference between you and I seems to be that I actually know about computer hardware. The WiiU is nothing special, and certainly not as special as you're making it out to be. The only real breakthrough they've got is their wireless devices and compression software used to transfer between the GamePad and the console, but that itself does nothing for actual visual performance.
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 7th December 2012 at 3:36 AM.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

im not making it out to be anything actually, Im just saying that what your saying is incorrect on some levels and that the console wouldnt really perform as intended if such was the case.

Yeah remember what I said here earlier.

woot21 out dawgs
    We talking 9-8 here or something worse?

Good. Good. My masochistic side is trembling with anticipation.
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I haven't gotten there yet, is it THAT hard?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

9-8 you could at least take breaks in it, 9-2 you can't. You have one spot you can stop, that I've seen so far. Haven't gotten that far past the 2nd Star Coin.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.

im not making it out to be anything actually, Im just saying that what your saying is incorrect on some levels and that the console wouldnt really perform as intended if such was the case.
    No, it still would. The 360 and PS3 can also do what the WiiU can do, by using a tablet/phone or the Vita, respectively. It's not a smooth as the WiiU, because they lack the special wireless advancements Nintendo developed internally but the processing power is their for each console. It's not exactly the same, but it's close enough. For all intents and purposes, the three consoles are equals. It's like people arguing over whether the PS3 is better than the 360 or the other way around.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No, it still would. The 360 and PS3 can also do what the WiiU can do, by using a tablet/phone or the Vita, respectively. It's not a smooth as the WiiU, because they lack the special wireless advancements Nintendo developed internally but the processing power is their for each console. It's not exactly the same, but it's close enough. For all intents and purposes, the three consoles are equals. It's like people arguing over whether the PS3 is better than the 360 or the other way around.
    Obviously the 360 is, it actually has games.

woot21 out dawgs

woot21 out dawgs
    Quite the contrary. Not counting Multiplats for both sides, the PS3 has plenty of exclusive Japanese developed games, along with games like Uncharted, God of War, and all the people I don't really care too much about from Sony Smash Bros.

The 360 has Halo, Gears of War and Forza.

Quite the contrary. Not counting Multiplats for both sides, the PS3 has plenty of exclusive Japanese developed games, along with games like Uncharted, God of War, and all the people I don't really care too much about from Sony Smash Bros.

Yes. The 360 is cheaper than the PS3 anyway, hence why it's popular.

woot21 out dawgs

He was kidding. That was one of the biggest arguments during the first few years of the 360 and PS3, that the PS3 had no games.

At least, I'm assuming that's what he was referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Yes. The 360 is cheaper than the PS3 anyway, hence why it's popular.
    Well the gap between the two consoles' sales is about 1 million(I think). Xbox is winning, but it did have a headstart over the PS3 anyway, so PS3 and Xbox are more or less equal.
    We are straying a bit off topic though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

He was kidding. That was one of the biggest arguments during the first few years of the 360 and PS3, that the PS3 had no games.

Yes, that is what I was referencing.

To get us back on topic:
    What games are you looking forward to getting for Christmas, or that will be coming out next year?

Pikmin 3 is on my watch list. Plus I'm interested in Scribblenauts Unlimited.

woot21 out dawgs

Me and my uncle are gonna set it up tomorrow, what should I expect?
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

New Super Mario Bros. U, Pikmin 3, Game & Wario and Smash Bros. would be the top of my list.

And no I do not have New Super Mario Bros. U. I have to wait until Christmas shopping.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Yes, that is what I was referencing.

To get us back on topic:
    What games are you looking forward to getting for Christmas, or that will be coming out next year?

Pikmin 3 is on my watch list. Plus I'm interested in Scribblenauts Unlimited.

woot21 out dawgs
    Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3 and Lego City are all I'm interested in at the moment. Unfortunately none are coming out very soon.

I'm aware. I just love the irony of the situation being reversed now that people have finally given the PS3 a chance to have games developed for it.

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    Me and my uncle are gonna set it up tomorrow, what should I expect?
    Plan for long firmware updates before playing...
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Thought not as long as at launch, when the servers were being pounded.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

My Wii U has just stopped responding to the GamePad, and the GamePad itself can't do anything, aside from activate the TV controls and turn off. The Wii U doesn't turn off with it. It doesn't seem to be frozen, since the Internet Browser's curtains are billowing and my Mii is performing the sleeping action on the GamePad screen. It was downloading the latest system update in the background, so I figure it's something to do with that. Should I just leave it be?

Re-sync the two.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-certain-times

Nintendo of Europe blocks access to 18-rated content on the Wii U eShop at certain times of day, system messages suggest.

Users are unable to access trailers for 18-rated Wii U games or buy 18-related content.

The issue first came to light after a NeoGAF user experienced the issue and contacted Nintendo of Italy's customer support.

"Dear customer," a Nintendo representative replied, "we would like to let you know that Nintendo has always aimed to offer gameplay experiences suited to all age groups, observing carefully all the relevant regulations regarding content access that are present in the various European countries.

"We have thus decided to restrict the access to content which is unsuitable to minors (PEGI) to the 11pm - 3am time window."

Eurogamer has just tested this and it appears to be true. We were unable to access Assassin's Creed 3 information or buy ZombiU digitally.

"You cannot view this content," a message reads. "The times during which this content can be viewed have been restricted."

There messages appear for user accounts on which no parental controls have been set.
    Oh, Nintendo.

Page 82 of 177 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast