Page 84 of 177 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 4410

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    An even bigger "no-no" than making baseless and sweeping generalizations apropos of nothing?
    It isn't baseless. More than enough people have made it known that they dislike motion control being the main control scheme of the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It isn't baseless.
    You can add a qualifier like "sort of" or "pretty much" if you'd like. I'm flexible.

More than enough people have made it known that they dislike motion control being the main control scheme of the system.
    This isn't even remotely close to true. And even if it were, tough sh*t for them. The Wii U uses Wii Remotes for some titles. It's not the main input method or control scheme, no, but it's still pretty deeply ingrained in a few games. Get over it and move on.

One could completely ignore anything and everything new to the Wii U that uses such controls, but that would be cutting off one's nose to spite one's face in the worst way.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

The motion control "debate/argument" reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy, specifically the spider boss. You know why that particular boss was fun. It's because of the great motion control scheme behind it.

The controls can be used right such as those in Excitebots. Now where's that darn list I made earlier?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Im going to thank you for mentioning that Pyschic^

You know what I always find funny, the old time nintendo fanboys who hate all the new complicated controls but also hate motion controls. Those poor ashamed bastards XD. Cant find anything fun for them these days.

Though personally for me playing from the bathroom has been happening since SSBB came out. Playing brawl wirelessly from the bathroom XD
    Last edited by arceus7; 10th December 2012 at 2:56 AM.

You can add a qualifier like "sort of" or "pretty much" if you'd like. I'm flexible.
    No, nay, never, no way, no how.
    This isn't even remotely close to true.
    It sure a heck is. Just about any game that gives the option of using either the Classic/Pro/GCN or the Wiimote/Nun have people favor the former. Sure there are some outliers like Shovelware and the first party games like Skyward Sword(Which still had control problems for a Zelda title), but you can't honestly say the people that prefer a non-motion based controller are in the minority.

I agree motion controls(Wiimote in this case) can be used right but it really hasn't been yet, or rather consistently.

And even if it were, tough sh*t for them. The Wii U uses Wii Remotes for some titles. It's not the main input method or control scheme, no, but it's still pretty deeply ingrained in a few games. Get over it and move on.
    Few is way better than most in this case.

but you can't honestly say the people that prefer a non-motion based controller are in the minority.
    Nor can one claim them to be even remotely close to the majority, as you're doing.

I agree motion controls(Wiimote in this case) can be used right but it really hasn't been yet, or rather consistently.
    Motion control has been used just fine and consistently. The only "problem", if problem it is, is that so often in the games where it's used without being problematic, the motion gestures are used simply in place of a button control. But that doesn't make the control scheme a poor one, it simply means that the control method hasn't been used to its full potential yet.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quick question, would you rather play the Metroid Prime games with the GCN controller, or with the motion controls?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

To be specific, Excitebots was great for the Wii motion controls since it allowed room for error, and it seemed like you were feeling every inch of the race, the game was everywhere with the schemes, but in a good way.

I do think the best Wii games are ones like Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 as well as Metroid Prime Trilogy (which Prime 1 worked better with Wii controls), and Wario Land: Shake it!

Within the three categories of Wii games, I mentioned that there are control heavy games like Smooth Moves and Excitebots, control integrated games such as those I mentioned above, and the minimal approach like Brawl and Radiant Dawn.

Is it really fair to mention shovelware in this conversation. Shovelware can make anything look like crap.

Edit: @woot21, I answered your question without realizing it. I didn't even see your post before I posted this.

Hoenn has disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Quick question, would you rather play the Metroid Prime games with the GCN controller, or with the motion controls?

woot21 out dawgs
    That's really what I think of when I think of motion controls done right. There were times, while playing through the three, that I thought "Man I really wish I could use a GCN controller." But actually thinking about it, I really don't think it would have been better.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Nor can one claim them to be even remotely close to the majority, as you're doing.
    It's a pretty reasonable assumption that the majority of video game players, Wii or otherwise prefer stationary controls as opposed to motion based. If only for familiarly.

Motion control has been used just fine and consistently. The only "problem", if problem it is, is that so often in the games where it's used without being problematic, the motion gestures are used simply in place of a button control. But that doesn't make the control scheme a poor one, it simply means that the control method hasn't been used to its full potential yet.
    There's plenty more than that. Such as swipes and rotations not registering. Lack of good camera control on most games. Hell, they had to released the Plus just to make some of that bearable.

Perhaps it's not being used to its full potential, but with a system being based on that one gimmick, it should of had been pretty damn close.

Perhaps it's not being used to its full potential, but with a system being based on that one gimmick, it should of had been pretty damn close.
    As I have mentioned with my "three types of Wii games" the Wii is not a one trick pony, and the level of motion control use is highly varied in both use and application.

Hoenn has disappointed.

It's a pretty reasonable assumption that the majority of video game players, Wii or otherwise prefer stationary controls as opposed to motion based. If only for familiarly.
    No it isn't.

There's plenty more than that. Such as swipes and rotations not registering.
    Often alleviated by the increased motion sensitivity of the Plus, among other things.

Lack of good camera control on most games.
    Which has nothing to do with the motion control.

Hell, they had to released the Plus just to make some of that bearable.
    Uh, no. No, that's not what they "had to released" [sic] the Plus. They released the Plus because it greatly increased the sensitivity of the motion control to a degree, at costs and with components that weren't feasible at launch. They weren't scrambling to do it (it took three years) and it certainly didn't have anything to do with "camera control".

-----
    Words to|live by

No it isn't.
    Only if you're a robot.
    Often alleviated by the increased motion sensitivity of the Plus, among other things.
    Which still didn't totally correct the problem.
    Which has nothing to do with the motion control.
    But of the Wiimote itself which is a direct result of motion control.

Uh, no. No, that's not what they "had to released" [sic] the Plus. They released the Plus because it greatly increased the sensitivity of the motion control to a degree, at costs and with components that weren't feasible at launch.
    I'm pretty sure a capable Wiimote could have been released at launch.

Either way, if motion control was so great and mighty as you say and most of people preferred that, then I am sure Nintendo wouldn't have released multiple versions of the Classic Controller to the public. You've said multiple times that video game companies don't aim to please the minority. Nintendo clearly saw there was a significant amount of people that would purchase the CC as a alternate form of controlling the game.

Only if you're a robot.
    I love motion controls better than stationary, does that make me a robot?

Either way, if motion control was so great and mighty as you say and most of people preferred that, then I am sure Nintendo wouldn't have released multiple versions of the Classic Controller to the public. You've said multiple times that video game companies don't aim to please the minority. Nintendo clearly saw there was a significant amount of people that would purchase the CC as a alternate form of controlling the game.
    Uhhh.. The classic controller was released so people could play VC games (which do not support the Wiimote) and GC games. Simple as that.
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    I love motion controls better than stationary, does that make me a robot?
    Possibly.

Uhhh.. The classic controller was released so people could play VC games (which do not support the Wiimote) and GC games. Simple as that.
    Just about every VC game could be modified to use the Wii Remote. As for GC games, look at Metroid Prime trilogy.

It doesnt matter what you say JB BVCM22 is going to explain to you explicitly why you're argument is largely invalid till he turns purple like a swampert.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    It doesnt matter what you say JB BVCM22 is going to explain to you explicitly why you're argument is largely invalid till he turns purple like a swampert.
    Well, you know what happens when somebody brings a largely incorrect and biased testimonial.

Anyways, we have the Wii U, which has its own capabilities. It will still have Wiimote support, and as Miyamoto says, chucking Pikmin with the Wiimote is a lot of fun.

Hoenn has disappointed.

But it doesnt support Wii Remote pluses, now please tell me whats up with that...

The control scheme on this console is so convoluted its ridiculous
    Last edited by arceus7; 10th December 2012 at 6:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Well, you know what happens when somebody brings a largely incorrect and biased testimonial.
    If this is true, then saying opposite would be largely incorrect and biased as well.

If this is true, then saying opposite would be largely incorrect and biased as well.
    I thought the opposite of bias and opinion was fact.

Not in this case. A play on a phrase, if you will.

Possibly.

Just about every VC game could be modified to use the Wii Remote. As for GC games, look at Metroid Prime trilogy.
    The VC games I have downloaded do not work with the WiiMote. Gamecube game that's in the Wii at the moment: Super Mario Sunshine.

Since I'm being accused of being a robot, imagine that phrase in robot speak
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    But it doesnt support Wii Remote pluses, now please tell me whats up with that...
    It doesn't?

That's inaccurate. Of course the Wii U supports Remote Plus controllers. Some games, like Nintendoland, outright require them for some gameplay.

No idea what the poster in question is saying.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Mist View Post
    The VC games I have downloaded do not work with the WiiMote. Gamecube game that's in the Wii at the moment: Super Mario Sunshine.
    Well that wan't what I was saying. Doesn't matter anyway since the Wii U's main focus isn't motion control and they a dedicated traditional controller.

Page 84 of 177 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast