Page 85 of 175 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    That's inaccurate. Of course the Wii U supports Remote Plus controllers. Some games, like Nintendoland, outright require them for some gameplay.

No idea what the poster in question is saying.
    Thought so. After all, Nintendo are currently selling repackaged Wii Remote Plus controllers in boxes that display the Wii U logo.

There are a few games on the Wii U that require Wii motes, but they do not function with with wii mote pluses apparently. Its very weird

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Well that wan't what I was saying. Doesn't matter anyway since the Wii U's main focus isn't motion control and they a dedicated traditional controller.
    That's precisely what you said.

Just about every VC game could be modified to use the Wii Remote. As for GC games, look at Metroid Prime trilogy.
    How the hell would most of the SNES and N64 games be modified to use the Wii Remote when it doesn't have enough buttons, even if you equip the Nunchuk?

Besides, the fact they adapted a handful of GCN games to be played with motion control on the Wii doesn't do anything to change the fact it's unusable for the vast majority.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    There are a few games on the Wii U that require Wii motes, but they do not function with with wii mote pluses apparently. Its very weird
    Do you have a source for that? I have not heard of any games on the WiiU not supporting Motion Plus. It's bizarre given how, as BCVM22 has stated, some of the games in NintendoLand explicitly require Motion Plus.
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

Quote Originally Posted by O Fortuna View Post
    That's precisely what you said.
    No, it wasn't. I said VC games could have been modded to use the Wiimote. As in, if Nintendo wanted, they could incorporate a Wiimote control scheme the same way they did with Metroid Prime 1/2.

How the hell would most of the SNES and games be modified to use the Wii Remote when it doesn't have enough buttons, even if you equip the Nunchuk?
    What? Nunchuck has a analog stick, C, Z. Wiimote has D-pad, A, B, 1, 2, +, and -. That's 8 input methods assuming that + and - would be used as Start and Select and D-pad as a whole. SNES only uses 7 with the D-pad as a whole. Most N64 games don't even use both sides of the controller. So that's 9 buttons counting the Analog to the right(most common control scheme). The N64 lacks a Select button so take a + or - button and add it to the Wiimote, bringing it up 9.

Besides, the fact they adapted a handful of GCN games to be played with motion control on the Wii doesn't do anything to change the fact it's unusable for the vast majority.
    Eh, fair enough for this.

No, it wasn't. I said VC games could have been modded to use the Wiimote. As in, if Nintendo wanted, they could incorporate a Wiimote control scheme the same way they did with Metroid Prime 1/2.
    ... Except then they're not virtual console titles, and they have to be completely redesigned.

What? Nunchuck has a analog stick, C, Z. Wiimote has D-pad, A, B, 1, 2, +, and -. That's 8 input methods assuming that + and - would be used as Start and Select and D-pad as a whole. SNES only uses 7 with the D-pad as a whole. Most N64 games don't even use both sides of the controller. So that's 9 buttons counting the Analog to the right(most common control scheme). The N64 lacks a Select button so take a + or - button and add it to the Wiimote, bringing it up 9.
    You can't just throw button assignments around, it does still need to make sense. The SNES for example, try playing a SNES game with a Wiimote + Nunchuk, good luck using the DPad, face buttons and then shoulder buttons comfortably. It just doesn't work.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    ... Except then they're not virtual console titles, and they have to be completely redesigned.
    Which is why I said fair enough. Either way, GC controllers already existed for GC titles. So neither would really have to be done.

You can't just throw button assignments around, it does still need to make sense. The SNES for example, try playing a SNES game with a Wiimote + Nunchuk, good luck using the DPad, face buttons and then shoulder buttons comfortably. It just doesn't work.
    Perhaps, but most SNES games had simple controls to where a lot of games would make it work. TBH, I only remember fighting games using the full button layout. It's been a while.

Perhaps, but most SNES games had simple controls to where a lot of games would make it work. TBH, I only remember fighting games using the full button layout. It's been a while.
    Try playing SMW or any other SNES platformer with the Wiimote + Nunchuck. It wouldn't work, unless you made the spin jump shaking the Nunchuck. You need to be able to use one hand for the the pad, and one and for jumping, running, etc. Don't say use the control stick either, it doesn't feel as natural or comfortable, for a 2D platformer.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

And you're still wrong - as we've stated, there are games that explicitly require MotionPlus functionality. What are you up to here?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Im saying these games are in dissaray in what controllers they support and what they dont according to this article.

And of course the Wii mote plus works in general we cant play skyward sword in the Wii channel without out it and those nintendoland games but I find it weird that some of the games support general wii motes and not the pluses, which I find to be very weird so I came here to tell y'all.

Nothing is in disarray. You've worked yourself into a frenzy over nothing.

Moving on.

-----
    Words to|live by

Still doesnt change the fact that NSMBU doesnt support the Pro controller when there is no apparent reason for it not to

http://www.web2carz.com/tech/pleasur...d0495d9c89ae19

It doesn't because they didn't design it to. It's as simple as that and that has absolutely nothing to do with anything "being in disarray" or whatever it was you were just going on about.

-----
    Words to|live by

Im saying a lot of poor folks will be confused to die kingdom come, tha'ts what I was "going on about" mate.

Still doesnt change the fact that NSMBU doesnt support the Pro controller when there is no apparent reason for it not to

http://www.web2carz.com/tech/pleasur...d0495d9c89ae19
    Wait, we are now talking about the Pro controller? I thought you were complaining about the Wiimote Plus not working with the Wii U. Are you changing the subject now?

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Im saying a lot of poor folks will be confused to die kingdom come, tha'ts what I was "going on about" mate.
    You're not really saying much of anything, as long as we're being honest. Especially since every game box is marked with icons of which controllers it uses, as has been the case since the Wii was released, meaning any confusion - what tiny amount there is - can be alleviated simply by looking at the game box.

"Mate."

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    Wait, we are now talking about the Pro controller? I thought you were complaining about the Wiimote Plus not working with the Wii U. Are you changing the subject now?

woot21 out dawgs
    I think he's saying some games may not recognize Wiimotion Plus controllers. I know that the Homebrew channel on the Wii doesn't, for one.

But then he branched off into opinionsville and all that crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    I think he's saying some games may not recognize Wiimotion Plus controllers.
    And whether a game does or doesn't is stated as such on the back of the box, with "Wii Remote Plus" next to the Remote icon, for the record.

-----
    Words to|live by

Some games have never recognized the Wii Motion Plus, some games don't need to and some were made before its creation.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post

woot21 out dawgs
    My point has always been that this could lead to the average consumer getting in a tissy fit over this controller business.

Oh whats this classy piece of tech

Last edited by arceus7; 11th December 2012 at 3:15 AM.

My point has always been that this could lead to the average consumer getting in a tissy fit over this controller business.

Tell me that thing isn't a bad photoshop.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Special: Ace Attorney - All Breakdowns (+ PL & PW:AA)

Which we've established several times is a complete non-issue. You may in fact be the only person anywhere getting in a "tissy fit" [sic] over it.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Tell me that thing isn't a bad photoshop.
    It's not a "piece of tech" or a Photoshop, bad or otherwise. It's a third-party skin for the Wii U - not an actual Wii U with that color scheme and design. No doubt put out by one of these companies that caters to people who absolutely need their hardware covered in gold leaf or lightning bolts or fractal patterns or what have you and are willing to pay a premium for it.

-----
    Words to|live by

That's not classy. That's not classy at all.

A Wii U. Anyone have some tape and spray paint for this man so he can make his new system look retro?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Make sure not to use glossy paint. I ruined an SNES controller with that recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Make sure not to use glossy paint. I ruined an SNES controller with that recently.
    What? I'm too busy to be worried about the screen.

Also, take that back, old men CAN be classy. Though I will admit, I've never been a fan of skins. Speaking of sticking things on and screens, 2nd try; screen protector worked this time!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 85 of 175 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast