Page 87 of 177 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 4417

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

Nintendo Land is the epitome of Nintendo's ability to make the small stuff worlds more fun than it should be. Legend of Zelda Battle Quest should not have me playing for hours on end and marveling at how they recreated the Zelda aesthetics as kitschy theme park attractions, and yet here we are.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Agreed. The Multiplayer games are amazingly fun, as are a few of the single player games.

I refuse to even try Octopus dance, though. Rhythm games and I don't mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Agreed. The Multiplayer games are amazingly fun, as are a few of the single player games.

I refuse to even try Octopus dance, though. Rhythm games and I don't mix.
    I haven't had a chance to play with anyone else yet. I'll have to gather a few of my friends and try them out. I'd imagine that would be quite entertaining, if Nintendo's good at one thing it's definitely local multiplayer.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I love the way that they gave every attraction a different style that seems somehow universal. From Zelda being made from chiefly yarn and such, Metroid looking like a classic Arcade game, the awesome tinny look of Pikmin, and the silly outfits in all the competitive games, I can't get over how glorious each rendition of some of Nintendo's staple franchises look. These games can get extremely tough, too. I'm talking, like, 80's retro tier difficulty, and I love it. Like Clamps, I only recently but DKCC, but I had the happy accident of flipping off the top tier above Rosaline and landing on top of the flag to win. I still have no idea how to get on to the second to last platform. Despite being the only game I own for it, Nintendo Land has kept me effectively glued to my Wii U since I got it 2 weeks ago.

EDIT: @Hydrohs, you got that right. The games had my friends and me literally screaming at each other at the end of every match, and I loved every moment of it.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Nintendo Land really is an amazingly fun game to play. There are some I've not yet played because I don't have Motion Plus and am too poor to buy at the moment, but those I have played are brilliant.

Octopus Dance is the most addictive game in there. I lack the patience to play Takamaru's game (the name of which I don't remember currently and am too lazy to Google), but even that is great fun.

Most importantly for me, as in many games, the music is so incredible. Oh, I salivate simply thinking about the Nazo no Murasame-jo music redone as it has been.
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

I was surprised at how many hours straight I spent on Donkey Kong's Crash Course and Zelda Battle Quest. I spent a significant amount of time just trying to master Level 8 of Battle Quest. I have that place pretty much burned into my memory now...

Darn spiders...
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf Blog (@AsrialysAC) | Pokemon Center Plush Collection (as of 10/19/2010) | Nintendo Network ID: Asrialys

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Edit: Oh DEAR it appears one measly infraction banned him, and nothing of value was lost.
    So Meta Knight > Arceus. Who knew?

As for Nintendo Land, again, I barely touch it and I just find it's there to demonstrate the tech. As for the games, they're fun but get boring quickly. Yeah, I've been more on my 3DS lately (in terms of gaming).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

While I don't own NintendoLand, I've played it several times at my videogame club, and we go nuts. It's just so much fun to play. The Multiplayer games are fun everyone, even those watching. We usually trade off and there's no real arguments amongst players. I remember how long it took us to complete the Zelda Battle Quest, and then realizing we unlocked the challenge mode.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

I don't have high expectations for Nintendo Land, but I would very much like to play a demo of it before I begin bashing the hell out of it. It's a shame the only demo the Wii U has is Rayman Legends.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

So what's everyone thoughts on "The U" itself? Been away for awhile and wasn't here during launch. I've been hearing on all other blogs that the Wii U has turned out to be surprisingly inferior. Not to say it won't be a smash hit, mind you. I'm sure it'll be just a smash hit with the party and casual crowd as the Wii did. This was supposed to be a successor to the Wii, right.

Now, as for the games themselves, I feel there's a lot to be desired. Nothing really catches my interest. Mario U is nothing more but another rehash of a format that never actually caught itself. All it's depended on is being a Mario game series. I'll admit, it looks gorgeous though. Too bad I don't own an HD Tv. Nintendo Land is something I have no comment. Nintendo Land represents what I dislike about the Wii.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

The only thing I could ask for, right now, is better integration with the 3DS. Otherwise, the Wii U is a fantastic piece of hardware.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

The Amazon app is up and running. Nothing of interest in my scope but just sharing the news.

Nintendoland is loads of fun. The Mario Chase game is a blast with even just two people. Those Yoshi carts will drive you insane if you are Mario. All the games I've played in multiplayer have been a blast, and competing with my brother to see who could do better on Crash Course was great. Now if only either of us could beat the first level.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    So what's everyone thoughts on "The U" itself?
    Thriller. No one calls it this.

Nintendo Land represents what I dislike about the Wii.
    You dislike insanely, perhaps even unexpectedly fun software that integrates nearly all facets of the system's proprietary controller and its capabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    The Amazon app is up and running. Nothing of interest in my scope but just sharing the news.
    It and the other streaming media apps have been up for a few weeks now.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    It and the other streaming media apps have been up for a few weeks now.
    Really? The rest have been doing fine but Amazon hasn't been working for me until today.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Really? The rest have been doing fine but Amazon hasn't been working for me until today.
    Yes. Hulu Plus, Amazon and YouTube all went live within a week of the North American launch.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    I don't have high expectations for Nintendo Land, but I would very much like to play a demo of it before I begin bashing the hell out of it. It's a shame the only demo the Wii U has is Rayman Legends.
    You will definitely enjoy it.

I've been hearing on all other blogs that the Wii U has turned out to be surprisingly inferior. Not to say it won't be a smash hit, mind you. I'm sure it'll be just a smash hit with the party and casual crowd as the Wii did. This was supposed to be a successor to the Wii, right.
    The Wii U is on equal footing with the other two consoles right now. Who knows what will happen when the next-gen consoles come out, but for a year or two at least you're gonna have the same stuff.

Nintendo Land represents what I dislike about the Wii.
    You're so wrong, play it and you'll see.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

If I didn't have to play Nintendo Land as a stupid "Mii" character, I'd probably not mind so much. It's just like that horrid "Bah! Bah!" thing from the NSMB series. Just a personal preference.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Yes. Hulu Plus, Amazon and YouTube all went live within a week of the North American launch.
    I wasn't able to use Amazon a week ago wonder what was happening there. Speaking of which, YouTube no longer works in the browser as reported from many (not that this is too much of a bad thing). Also, foreign ads!

Not too much of a bad thing? How?

The Youtube app is horrendous, you can't even watch things on the gamepad!

Not too much of a bad thing? How?

The Youtube app is horrendous, you can't even watch things on the gamepad!
    I meant in general at least you can still watch videos but you're oh so correct. Worst of all, it doesn't show the videos of the latest channel you subscribed to. I'm missing Stan's Rants and I'm too lazy to use my laptop!

EDIT: I was able to play a YouTube video from another site. For those of you that want to test it out, here's an article from Siliconera featuring a video which is promoting the shiny Genesect that knows Extremespeed that will star in the upcoming movie. Thank goodness it got the boot to Ubers.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 13th December 2012 at 6:51 PM. Reason: was able to play a YouTube video

If I didn't have to play Nintendo Land as a stupid "Mii" character, I'd probably not mind so much.
    Thriller. Is this really an issue?

And given what Nintendo Land is meant to be - an amusement park with attractions based on Nintendo franchises, a concept which includes each attraction outfitting your Mii in the game in garb appropriate for each franchise - what sort of player character would you have had them implement?

-----
    Words to|live by

Thriller. Is this really an issue?

And given what Nintendo Land is meant to be - an amusement park with attractions based on Nintendo franchises, a concept which includes each attraction outfitting your Mii in the game in garb appropriate for each franchise - what sort of player character would you have had them implement?
    The obvious answer is a Ditto, that way there would have been Pokemon representation, or Kirby, and have him inhale a hat for the franchise.

woot21 out dawgs
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

Just throwing my opinion out there - I'm not getting the Wii U before E3 2013. I want to see if Sony unveils the PS4 or (unlikely) Microsoft unveils the Xbox 720. If not, then the Wii U is mine all mine.
    Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    the wiiu sucks
    Please, explain your opinion before never returning to this thread.

Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

Page 87 of 177 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137 ... LastLast