Page 89 of 175 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 4359

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #2201
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    Trine 2 is a port. Fifa 13 is also a port. Just saying.
    sh you're not helping
    Wait, when were the two released? Are they being launched at the same time as their release on other consoles, or are they late to the Wii U?

  2. #2202
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    Are you seriously treating me like a child?

    Do you watch X Play? Even they aren't impressed with the Wii U. None of my serious gamer friends are. They think it's crap. Everyone I talk to says Nintendo has basically been going downhill since the Wii.

    I've read about it. I've had discussions with people. Honestly, I'm definitely looking forward to the PlayStation4. Even if it isn't backwards compatible, the games on it are sure to be better. Everything on the Wii U so far is Mario or a port. Thanks, Nintendo. That's what I want; a game I've already played.
    We're only treating you like a child cause your acting like one. You're basing your opinion on a newly released console from second-hand information. Stop being such a slave to reviews. You can't just judge a console or game by any single review. Your opinion has to be based on your own experience, not someone else's. However if this is what's stopping you from purchasing or even trying out the system, let me say this. "Congrats, you're missing out."
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  3. #2203
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I've just noticed that the games that Sony releases have more replay value than those that Nintendo releases. Not to mention, that, so far, all of the games I'm looking forward to owning or playing are for PlayStation or XBox.

    My boyfriend researches these things, too. He doesn't just blindly follow a company like they're the most precious thing in the world. Your trusting that it will be as good as you clearly believe it will be is just as bad as my distrusting it until I see that it has some hope. I don't hate the system, I just haven't seen any reason for me to like it, yet. I don't blindly follow anything: not faith, not politics, not gaming companies.

    I never said that all of the games that will be released for the Wii U are ports or Mario. Notice that I said "Everything on the Wii U so far is Mario or a port." Don't read half of what I type and think that you've read it all.

    I would believe that the best way to get an informed opinion on something is to experience it yourself if it weren't for the fact that the system costs hundreds of dollars. Excuse me, but I don't have that kind of money that I can just throw away on something that I hope will be good. I've played around on the consoles that are on display in GameStop and the games are utter crap. The Wii U is nothing impressive so far.

    By the way, the hobby of gaming is just as expensive as my hobby of traditional art. I don't exactly want to go broke on a string of hope that I'll enjoy this game, or that system. I don't want to need to buy memory for me to use when they could just as easily put it in the system itself. I would rather need to save up a little extra for the system as a whole after finding out that I do, in fact, want the damn thing than needing to buy more things for it so that I can actually use it. I already need to buy enough and pay for enough as it is.

    I never needed any extra storage on my Wii, and I have yet to need extra storage on my 3DS, so why would I be so willing to be okay with needing to buy extra storage for the Wii U when Nintendo can easily make all of the copies they're releasing of the Wii U as good as the Premium package?

    I just need a little incentive to buy the system; not just knowing that it's by Nintendo.

    You have to admit, though, that Nintendo can't just keep relying on their mascots to keep them afloat.

    The place for avid writers and readers!

  4. #2204
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    I've just noticed that the games that Sony releases have more replay value than those that Nintendo releases. Not to mention, that, so far, all of the games I'm looking forward to owning or playing are for PlayStation or XBox.
    You really oughtta play more games, would be my suggestion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    I don't blindly follow anything: not faith, not politics, not gaming companies.
    Except apparently internet critics and males of close relations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    I never said that all of the games that will be released for the Wii U are ports or Mario. Notice that I said "Everything on the Wii U so far is Mario or a port." Don't read half of what I type and think that you've read it all.
    Excuse me, but Little Inferno and several others I cannot be bothered to find at the moment are neither Mario nor a port. Also Nintendo Land.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    I would believe that the best way to get an informed opinion on something is to experience it yourself if it weren't for the fact that the system costs hundreds of dollars. Excuse me, but I don't have that kind of money that I can just throw away on something that I hope will be good. I've played around on the consoles that are on display in GameStop and the games are utter crap.
    One demo available, and you're basing your entire opinion on it. Neat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    The Wii U is nothing impressive so far.
    Oh you know, sans the tablet, the scanner, the HD graphics, the online, the camera...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    I never needed any extra storage on my Wii, and I have yet to need extra storage on my 3DS, so why would I be so willing to be okay with needing to buy extra storage for the Wii U when Nintendo can easily make all of the copies they're releasing of the Wii U as good as the Premium package?
    Because (choose your answer)
    A) That would be expensicve and drive up the cost as as a whole.
    B) It's the same amount of storage as most 360s I see.
    C) External storage is pretty cheap.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    I just need a little incentive to buy the system; not just knowing that it's by Nintendo.
    I can respect that. But if you need incentive, you'll have to try harder than sitting there and basing opinions on second parties.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    You have to admit, though, that Nintendo can't just keep relying on their mascots to keep them afloat.
    I don't have to admit that, because they're doing great with these mascots and they already have quite a bit of third party support so far anyway.

  5. #2205
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I play a ton of games. I've played most of the Zelda games, all of the Pokemon games, a few Harvest Moon games, a few Final Fantasy games, Tales, Animal Crossing, Pinball, some Sonic, Warriors Orochi, Samurai Warriors, Monster Hunter, Castlevania, Mario, Kirby, Kingdom Hearts... I know their are others...

    Oh my God... Nintendo Land just looks so bad...

    What? They had like...six demo games up.

    The tablet, the scanner, the camera, the blah blah... They don't impress me. I don't get my system for stuff. I get my system for, well, playing.

    It's not cheap if your bank account stays at a hefty $400 and never seems to move anywhere but down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    We're only treating you like a child cause your acting like one. You're basing your opinion on a newly released console from second-hand information. Stop being such a slave to reviews. You can't just judge a console or game by any single review. Your opinion has to be based on your own experience, not someone else's. However if this is what's stopping you from purchasing or even trying out the system, let me say this. "Congrats, you're missing out."
    Oh, I'm sure to buy it eventually, after all the launch Wii Us are out and problems that are inevitable have been fixed, and after better games are released. Right now, as I've said, they're just ports and Mario. I've played Rayman, and I don't enjoy his games.

    I wouldn't be basing my opinion so harshly on reviews if I hadn't been so disappointed in the Wii itself. I have one game on it that I play, and that's a stupid Pinball game. It's fun as hell, but...really? I mean, I barely even play Harvest Moon on it. Harvest Moon: ToT isn't really that good. The original - which was ported - beats it so hard.

    Still, though. That's not what I wanted the Wii to be. They hardly use the Wii mote and nunchuck for what they were originally intended for. The motion control. You only really see that in Wii Sports. I didn't even play Twilight Princess on the Wii - because I had it on GameCube - or Skyward Sword - because I watched my boyfriend play it. When I tried to play I just couldn't get in to it. Could not get into it.

    It just seems like, anymore, the only games I enjoy that are Nintendo are solely for the handheld systems. I want something fun to play on my TV. I want more than just Tales and Final Fantasy - which are, again, on PlayStation.

    Come on, Nintendo. Impress me. :/

    The place for avid writers and readers!

  6. #2206
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    @Shiro to Koru, to simply add to the list of non-Mario/non-port titles, there's ZombiU and Scribblenauts Unlimited. Addressing the "bank-breaking" issue of the cost of replacing the GamePad, I'd like to point out the initial cost of the Wii U: $300 - $350. Now, if we factor in that the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 were, both $500 at launch and are still ~$300 currently, it is safe to assume that the newer tech of the Nextbox and PS4 will cost at least that much, or certainly near that much, especially if they intend to blow the Wii U out of the water. So, cost is really a non-issue.

    All that said, I can tell you it's a very compelling machine from my experience. Simply with Nintendo Land, I'm convinced that the GamePad will be very important to consoles and console gaming from now on, and that the Wii U can be every bit as much a party/casual console that the Wii was. I have yet to play ZombiU or CoD on it, so I can't speak as to whether or not it really delivers on the "core" gamer experience, but I must say that between the Nintendo Network, Miiverse, and even WaraWara plaza, I'll be able to enjoy all of those types of games with some added perks.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  7. #2207
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    sh you're not helping
    Wait, when were the two released? Are they being launched at the same time as their release on other consoles, or are they late to the Wii U?
    I know, sorry. Trine 2 has been out for over a year on a real gaming platform PC. Fifa was only out for two months.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  8. #2208
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    53

    Default

    ZombiU is actually a remake of an older game.

    The place for avid writers and readers!

  9. #2209
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Source?

    10charmeleonlimit
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  10. #2210
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    53

    Default

    So it's not a complete remake per say...

    The place for avid writers and readers!

  11. #2211
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    Are you seriously treating me like a child?

    Do you watch X Play? Even they aren't impressed with the Wii U. None of my serious gamer friends are. They think it's crap. Everyone I talk to says Nintendo has basically been going downhill since the Wii.

    I've read about it. I've had discussions with people. Honestly, I'm definitely looking forward to the PlayStation4. Even if it isn't backwards compatible, the games on it are sure to be better. Everything on the Wii U so far is Mario or a port. Thanks, Nintendo. That's what I want; a game I've already played.
    False. There are many games that are launch titles that are exclusive, such as Nintendo Land (which is actually a lot of fun, try it before you decide), ZombiU, Scribblenauts, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    By the way, the hobby of gaming is just as expensive as my hobby of traditional art. I don't exactly want to go broke on a string of hope that I'll enjoy this game, or that system. I don't want to need to buy memory for me to use when they could just as easily put it in the system itself. I would rather need to save up a little extra for the system as a whole after finding out that I do, in fact, want the damn thing than needing to buy more things for it so that I can actually use it. I already need to buy enough and pay for enough as it is.

    I never needed any extra storage on my Wii, and I have yet to need extra storage on my 3DS, so why would I be so willing to be okay with needing to buy extra storage for the Wii U when Nintendo can easily make all of the copies they're releasing of the Wii U as good as the Premium package?

    I just need a little incentive to buy the system; not just knowing that it's by Nintendo.

    You have to admit, though, that Nintendo can't just keep relying on their mascots to keep them afloat.
    So from what I understand, you want to buy the basic set and have a lot of memory, because you'd rather pay a bit more for more memory than having to buy more memory later? But by buying the Deluxe set, you're getting just that. What's the issue here?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    ZombiU is actually a remake of an older game.
    From 26 years ago. What's your point?

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  12. #2212
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    So it's not a valid argument, per se.... I think the biggest problem here is that it sounds like you're saying you'd be willing to buy a PS4 at launch for simply the reason that the Wii U's launch titles don't float your boat right now. Certainly, by the time the PS4 makes its way to market, the Wii U's library will have expanded, and the PS4 will probably be in the same scenario that the Wii U is currently in. I think, at 23 titles, the Wii U has had the second or third most launch titles at launch or launch window in console history. It's not unlikely that there will be a similar or even lower number at the PS4 launch, and it's very likely that the PS4 will have bugs and technical issues at launch as is normal with gaming consoles. I think that instead of saying that the console doesn't impress you, you should just say that you're tentative about getting consoles at launch, which seems to be the prevailing theme here.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  13. #2213
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I doubt I would buy a PS4 right at launch, either, honestly. I've never gotten a launch system.

    The place for avid writers and readers!

  14. #2214
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    IMy boyfriend researches these things, too. He doesn't just blindly follow a company like they're the most precious thing in the world.
    That might explain your boyfriend's opinion, but you still seem to base yours largely on what he tells you.

    I never said that all of the games that will be released for the Wii U are ports or Mario. Notice that I said "Everything on the Wii U so far is Mario or a port." Don't read half of what I type and think that you've read it all.
    I noticed what you said and it is still wrong. There are games on the WiiU which are neither Mario nor ports, thus your statement is a lie. Just because you repeat it and claim we misunderstood/misread your post, it doesn't suddenly make it factual.

    I would believe that the best way to get an informed opinion on something is to experience it yourself if it weren't for the fact that the system costs hundreds of dollars. Excuse me, but I don't have that kind of money that I can just throw away on something that I hope will be good. I've played around on the consoles that are on display in GameStop and the games are utter crap. The Wii U is nothing impressive so far.
    This is the first time you have mentioned actually playing the console itself. You can't complain about us responding to the information you supply us, but not responding to information you withheld. That's ridiculous. Unless you tell us you have played the console, we cannot possibly know. I never said you had to go and buy it. That would be silly.

    I never needed any extra storage on my Wii, and I have yet to need extra storage on my 3DS, so why would I be so willing to be okay with needing to buy extra storage for the Wii U when Nintendo can easily make all of the copies they're releasing of the Wii U as good as the Premium package?
    See my previous post regarding driving up the cost of the WiiU.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    Oh my God... Nintendo Land just looks so bad...
    ...and we're back to basing on dubious information. I think NintendoLand is extremely fun, but I have actually played it so what would I know?

    The tablet, the scanner, the camera, the blah blah... They don't impress me. I don't get my system for stuff. I get my system for, well, playing.
    Guess what. So do we! The funny thing is, these instruments are part of how we play!

    It's not cheap if your bank account stays at a hefty $400 and never seems to move anywhere but down.
    What...? How does your bank account stay at a certain figure, yet also decrease in value?

    Oh, I'm sure to buy it eventually, after all the launch Wii Us are out and problems that are inevitable have been fixed, and after better games are released. Right now, as I've said, they're just ports and Mario. I've played Rayman, and I don't enjoy his games.
    Once again, you spout that nonsense claim that everything is just Mario or ports, yet in the same sentence you reference a game which is neither. That doesn't help your credibility (or lack thereof).

    I wouldn't be basing my opinion so harshly on reviews if I hadn't been so disappointed in the Wii itself. I have one game on it that I play, and that's a stupid Pinball game. It's fun as hell, but...really? I mean, I barely even play Harvest Moon on it. Harvest Moon: ToT isn't really that good. The original - which was ported - beats it so hard.

    Still, though. That's not what I wanted the Wii to be. They hardly use the Wii mote and nunchuck for what they were originally intended for. The motion control. You only really see that in Wii Sports. I didn't even play Twilight Princess on the Wii - because I had it on GameCube - or Skyward Sword - because I watched my boyfriend play it. When I tried to play I just couldn't get in to it. Could not get into it.
    Come on, Nintendo. Impress me. :/
    Seems like they'd make more of an impression on you if they impressed your boyfriend or X Play.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    ZombiU is actually a remake of an older game.
    A reboot of a point-and-click adventure game from 1986, which was played on a PC. Have you actually played either of these games?
    Last edited by O Fortuna; 16th December 2012 at 3:50 AM.
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

  15. #2215
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    I've never gotten a launch system.
    That right there would've made all the difference. Saying you're not interested in the current titles, can't safely afford it, and this sentence could've made your whole post go down smoother.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

  16. #2216
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I wasn't with my boyfriend when the Wii wasn't impressing me. I know I didn't say I wasn't with him at the time, but you're assuming that I base everything I think of the console on what he thinks or what X Play thinks. The main reason for me not being impressed by the Wii U, ultimately, is the slim library of good or enjoyable games that Nintendo has. Everything is overplayed Mario or Kirby, it seems, or just bad games of television shows, movies, or girly things. As much as I enjoy Nintendogs and some cute things, I actually want games that look interesting and exciting. ZombiU, Mario, and the other games that are out aren't my thing.

    I wasn't expecting you to know that I had messed with the system at GameStop, and I wasn't intending to sound like I expected anyone to know that.

    I don't like minigames. I want games that have a serious goal. Hence why I don't believe Nintendo Land is anywhere up my alley.

    My boyfriend spends $40 a week on gas and $84 a month on car insurance, plus about another $100 on our rabbit and other things we need. Not to mention medical bills he has to pay. We just don't have the money to buy the system at launch. He's waiting for the price drop and the kinks to be worked out. That is the only thing I'm agreeing with him on with the whole Wii U discussion. The price and the kinks. Launch day Wiis had a high failure rating, and his fat PS3 is broken, too. We don't need to spend a buttload on a system that still has a high chance of failing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    That right there would've made all the difference. Saying you're not interested in the current titles, can't safely afford it, and this sentence could've made your whole post go down smoother.
    I kind of enjoyed this whole rant, actually. I've been under a lot of stress and, strangely, I think this helped. XD

    I'm not trying to sound sadistic or anything. I actually hadn't intended to get into a fight.

    The place for avid writers and readers!

  17. #2217
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    My boyfriend spends $40 a week on gas and $84 a month on car insurance, plus about another $100 on our rabbit and other things we need. Not to mention medical bills he has to pay. We just don't have the money to buy the system at launch. He's waiting for the price drop and the kinks to be worked out. That is the only thing I'm agreeing with him on with the whole Wii U discussion. The price and the kinks. Launch day Wiis had a high failure rating, and his fat PS3 is broken, too. We don't need to spend a buttload on a system that still has a high chance of failing.
    The possibility of a Wii U price drop is like the possibility of us dying on the 21st, slim to none.

    Nintendo is already selling the Wii U packages at a loss as they said in press release I believe. $300-$350 is actually a very reasonable price point for everything that's included. The only reason why 360, PS3, 3DS and Wii got price cuts was that they were being sold for too much upon launch. That and everybody cried about it. But yeah, it's very unlikely we'll see a price drop for the Wii U in the future. Besides, even if they do, we'll probably get compensated through their points system or through ambassador games again, buying now or later won't make too much of a difference if there is a price cut, which I, again, stress is unlikely.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  18. #2218
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    The main reason for me not being impressed by the Wii U, ultimately, is the slim library of good or enjoyable games that Nintendo has. Everything is overplayed Mario or Kirby, it seems, or just bad games of television shows, movies, or girly things. As much as I enjoy Nintendogs and some cute things, I actually want games that look interesting and exciting. ZombiU, Mario, and the other games that are out aren't my thing.
    The library isn't slim at all. There's basically a game for every genre, and almost all of them are a lot of fun. There's one Mario game out, plus the game in Nintendo Land. No Kirby to be seen. No Nintendogs to be seen. ZombiU is not even close to Mario. It's one of the better launch titles for the Wii U. Your arguments aren't making any sense to me.

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  19. #2219
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    53

    Default

    They just don't entice me. :c

    There are still the kinks to wait until most of them are fixed.

    The place for avid writers and readers!

  20. #2220
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    There are still the kinks to wait until most of them are fixed.
    What kinks, exactly?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  21. #2221
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Any kinks that are bound to be found with the system. The Wii had problems when it was released. I mentioned earlier the rather large failure rate of the launch Wii system. Alex and I had a number of friends whose launch Wii systems broke. Whose to say that won't happen with the launch Wii U?

    The place for avid writers and readers!

  22. #2222
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nowhere in particular
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    Any kinks that are bound to be found with the system. The Wii had problems when it was released. I mentioned earlier the rather large failure rate of the launch Wii system. Alex and I had a number of friends whose launch Wii systems broke. Whose to say that won't happen with the launch Wii U?
    Well, the system's already been out for about a month now, and there haven't been many (if any) problems. You also can't base your argument on past "failures".

    Join the Nazi Zombies Club V3 today!
    3DS Friend Code: 2707-1715-0227
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref
    Ibanez needs a less retarded naming structure.
    Ibanez RG7862FR87689.55(pi*sqrt(5x+(y^2)-(z/8)))

  23. #2223
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,871

    Default

    Currently the only failures that have happened with the Wii U was because the users unplugged their Wii U while it was updating. That led to their system becoming brick'd which was honestly due to their impatience.

    There were also some issues on certain games freezing while playing but Nintendo was able to release a patch for that soon afterwards, fixing the problem. Usually, you'd have to return the system, but in this case, it was just a quick downloadable patch.

    EDIT: In hindsight, it's better than the infamous 360's "Red Ring of Death" which still occurs to this day.
    Last edited by Recon; 16th December 2012 at 4:37 AM.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  24. #2224
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    53

    Default

    I highly doubt any launch system is completely perfect.

    The place for avid writers and readers!

  25. #2225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    I highly doubt any launch system is completely perfect.
    No, no system is completely perfect. However, we've stated any number of times that the vast majority of system failures at launch have come from people unplugging their systems while they were updating. Which any owner of technology - and not just video games; computers, cell phones, anything with internal operating software - should know is ill-advised, at best.

    There have been no widespread reports of systems bricking on their own or anything of the sort, and as said, we're a month from launch now.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Page 89 of 175 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •