Page 90 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 4333

Thread: Wii U Discussion Thread

  1. #2226
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Zeppelin Rules!
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Yeah, compared to its competitors, Nintendo has a pretty darn low failure rate, even at launch. I certainly don't recall hearing of any major problems with the Wii launch, and I (and no one I know) have never had any issue with them, ever, so you can probably categorize yourself as knowing a lot of unlucky people. Shiro to Kuro, I understand and mostly agree with everything you're saying about why you're not going to buy a Wii U anytime soon - what I don't understand is why you're saying it, as everything you've mentioned can be attributed to every console launch ever, or are based on your bizarre personal opinions (Nintendo doesn't have a diverse selection of games? What?).

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper
    The possibility of a Wii U price drop is like the possibility of us dying on the 21st, slim to none.
    I hope you mean "anytime soon", but it almost sounds as if you think the price will never go down, which is ludicrous. I actually wouldn't be surprised to see a drop next holiday season if the PS4 and/or new Xbox are out (granted, I don't think it's terribly likely even then, but you never know).

  2. #2227
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melior, Crimea
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro to Kuro View Post
    Any kinks that are bound to be found with the system. The Wii had problems when it was released. I mentioned earlier the rather large failure rate of the launch Wii system. Alex and I had a number of friends whose launch Wii systems broke. Whose to say that won't happen with the launch Wii U?
    Do you get this idea that the Wii had a high failure rate simply from the small sample size of your friends? Because, as far as I know, the Wii had a lower failure rate than both the PS3 (YLOD) and, of course, the 360 (RROD). Gamestop says the same. If you can show me a more credible source that says otherwise, besides what happened to your friends, please show me.
    Eagerly waiting for: Monolith Soft Wii U game

  3. #2228
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    PNC Park
    Posts
    5,031

    Default

    I mentioned earlier the rather large failure rate of the launch Wii system.
    This is the second or third time you have mentioned this. What is your source on this? Anecdotal evidence doesn't count. The only thing I can find about any kind of issues with Wii systems from launch is people braining each other and chucking their Wiimotes into their TVs.
    I have created a new word for the internet LOLE it means laugh out loud evily, if you think it is a good word copy and paste this into your sig. and use it. (started by woot21)
    I am the prince of all noobs. I am the dreaded super noob, fear my noobiness. I obey only my lord and master the king of all noobs, Magikarp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazios View Post
    And isn't Magikarp's Final Smash obvious? It's called:
        Spoiler:- Best move ever.:
    3DS FC: 2423-2730-4422
    Dream Address: 4500-3343-5150

  4. #2229
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    This is the second or third time you have mentioned this. What is your source on this? Anecdotal evidence doesn't count. The only thing I can find about any kind of issues with Wii systems from launch is people braining each other and chucking their Wiimotes into their TVs.
    And even that is just natural selection.
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

  5. #2230
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    people braining each other and chucking their Wiimotes into their TVs.
    Good times... I miss those images. Sort of a shame people have smartened up, more or less.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #2231

    Default

    No they haven't. Remote wrist straps have just been thickened and the GamePad is just harder to throw accidentally.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  7. #2232
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sceptile33 View Post
    Do you get this idea that the Wii had a high failure rate simply from the small sample size of your friends? Because, as far as I know, the Wii had a lower failure rate than both the PS3 (YLOD) and, of course, the 360 (RROD). Gamestop says the same. If you can show me a more credible source that says otherwise, besides what happened to your friends, please show me.
    Only 23.7% for Xbox? HA! Original models are at over 50% at this point.

  8. #2233
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Is the Wii or the WiiU able to play games from different regions?

  9. #2234
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fluster Cluck, NJ
    Posts
    8,754

    Default

    No. You should know by now that Nintendo doesn't want more money.

  10. #2235
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    どこか
    Posts
    32

    Default

    its too expensive D: if it wasn't too expensive i would buy it, get super mario for the wii u and become the platform god >
    FC: 2967 6468 9106
    If you believe in Flying Spaghetti Monster put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because he says, `If you deny me, I will deny you in front the beer volcano

    Credit to eeveelover824
    My x and y shinies: froakie (193 eggs MM), Mime Jr (RE), Volbeat (RE)
        Spoiler:- Assorted chain sig stuff:

  11. #2236
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flyinggurtboy View Post
    its too expensive D: if it wasn't too expensive i would buy it, get super mario for the wii u and become the platform god >
    ...you really think you can become a platform god by playing just Super Mario Bros U? That's arrogance at it's finest right there.

    Like Apples to Apples? Like Pokemon? The you'll love Apples to Apples: Pokestyle!

    Pokemon Drama Island - Episode 4: Extreme Makeover: Pokemon Home Edition
    My popular story from FF.net has come to the forums! Joy!
    34 Pokemon come arrive to an island to take part in a reality show that could get them rich and famous! However, can they survive the harsh gauntlet of challenges up ahead?

        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

  12. #2237
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    40

    Default

    I find the amount of nintendo fan boys in here going after Shiro hilarious. Offer one negative opinion on the Wii U and they come swarming like a pack of twilight fan girls. The bottom line is the Wii U isn't good enough. Why would anyone spend money on a slightly improved Wii when they could save their cash for PS4 or the new xbox. The fact that Nintendo still refuses to get with the program and have a DVD player is ridiculous. No college student or anyone for that matter wants to carry around both their game console and an individual dvd player. I'm not even talking about Blu-Ray here. Also, the Zelda and Mario titles are getting milked to death.

    This whole pseudo-ipad strategy from Nintendo is going to go down as one of the biggest failures in console history. Nintendo got spooked. Instead of sitting on a great system like the Wii until they could develop something revolutionary they decided to give us an overpriced Wii that comes with a different controller.
    FC: 3911-7240-4314

  13. #2238
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    No
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    I find the amount of nintendo fan boys in here going after Shiro hilarious. Offer one negative opinion on the Wii U and they come swarming like a pack of twilight fan girls. The bottom line is the Wii U isn't good enough. Why would anyone spend money on a slightly improved Wii when they could save their cash for PS4 or the new xbox. The fact that Nintendo still refuses to get with the program and have a DVD player is ridiculous. No college student or anyone for that matter wants to carry around both their game console and an individual dvd player. I'm not even talking about Blu-Ray here. Also, the Zelda and Mario titles are getting milked to death.

    This whole pseudo-ipad strategy from Nintendo is going to go down as one of the biggest failures in console history. Nintendo got spooked. Instead of sitting on a great system like the Wii until they could develop something revolutionary they decided to give us an overpriced Wii that comes with a different controller.
    I get your point with WII U being a slightly better wii. Zelda still has stuff that a new and fresh where else Mario has to follow the concept ofnjuing on goomba and defeating bowser all the time. The 3DS had the same case with slighly better graphics but in the end everyone bought it because of the remakes and cool games.
    Ipads, iphones and all those other stuff are destory the video game market for good. Smart phones can do about everything better but thats not the point. Nintendo took what was popular, which was the Ipad and then made it into a gaming console.
    The Wii U doesn't have a DVD or Blue-Ray player because it is not a Dvd/Blue-Ray company whereelse both Sony and Microsoft make DVD player and other electronics stuff.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

  14. #2239
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    N.C.
    Posts
    563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Heaper View Post
    ...you really think you can become a platform god by playing just Super Mario Bros U? That's arrogance at it's finest right there.
    I think he was talking about the mode in NSMBU where the player with the Gamepad can create platforms for the other players to use.

    Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

  15. #2240
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    a really nice chair
    Posts
    3,913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    I find the amount of nintendo fan boys in here going after Shiro hilarious. Offer one negative opinion on the Wii U and they come swarming like a pack of twilight fan girls. The bottom line is the Wii U isn't good enough.
    We don't swarm after opinions; we swarm after stupidity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    Why would anyone spend money on a slightly improved Wii when they could save their cash for PS4 or the new xbox.
    Speak of the devil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    The fact that Nintendo still refuses to get with the program and have a DVD player is ridiculous.
    If you think a little, it makes sense. They don't make DVD players, unlike Microsoft and Sony.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    No college student or anyone for that matter wants to carry around both their game console and an individual dvd player.
    Who carries aorund stuff like that anyway? There's a reason why it's a home console.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    Also, the Zelda and Mario titles are getting milked to death.
    Mario, I can understand, but Zelda? Also, this coming from a person who supports Xbox and Playstation is absolutely mind-boggling hilarious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    This whole pseudo-ipad strategy from Nintendo is going to go down as one of the biggest failures in console history.
    source plz

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    Nintendo got spooked. Instead of sitting on a great system like the Wii until they could develop something revolutionary they decided to give us an overpriced Wii that comes with a different controller.
    Completely. Come to think of it, isn't that the Ps3 as well? Launch price of $600, they couldn't even give us a new controller. OH, BUT IT HAS BLU-RAY!

  16. #2241
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fluster Cluck, NJ
    Posts
    8,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireray View Post
    I get your point with WII U being a slightly better wii. Zelda still has stuff that a new and fresh where else Mario has to follow the concept ofnjuing on goomba and defeating bowser all the time. The 3DS had the same case with slighly better graphics but in the end everyone bought it because of the remakes and cool games.
    Ipads, iphones and all those other stuff are destory the video game market for good. Smart phones can do about everything better but thats not the point. Nintendo took what was popular, which was the Ipad and then made it into a gaming console.
    The Wii U doesn't have a DVD or Blue-Ray player because it is not a Dvd/Blue-Ray company whereelse both Sony and Microsoft make DVD player and other electronics stuff.

    If you think smartphones/tablets whatever is any threat to the video game market, you are mistaken.

    Any, I'm not sure why Nintendo won't add a DVD player. It's not a big problem, but most people would expect current systems to have one. I do agree that the Wii U doesn't feel like a big upgrade from the Wii. Atleast compared to the Xbox vs the 360 or PS2 vs PS3. Hell even the Vita and 3DS felt like bigger upgrades from their previous versions.

    The Wii to Wii U transition is best described as DS to DSi with more graphic power.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas View Post
    Completely. Come to think of it, isn't that the Ps3 as well? Launch price of $600, they couldn't even give us a new controller. OH, BUT IT HAS BLU-RAY!
    The difference is, when the PS3 was released. Blu-ray players cost more than the whole system.
    Last edited by Jb; 16th December 2012 at 7:19 PM.

  17. #2242
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Zeppelin Rules!
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    The difference is, when the PS3 was released. Blu-ray players cost more than the whole system.
    Here's the thing: I'd take a dedicated video game system over one with a mandatory overpriced movie player any day. Apparently many people like paying for additional nonsense like that, but I'm not one of them. It isn't as if it's free to add DVD/Blu-Ray capabilities to a device.

    Maybe people are being too defensive about Nintendo, but others are just stretching and finding ridiculous reasons to complain about a video game product line.

  18. #2243
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Any, I'm not sure why Nintendo won't add a DVD player.
    Because it's a useless feature that would have bump the price of the Wii U up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    It's not a big problem, but most people would expect current systems to have one.
    I am sure that "most people" have already got access to 1 DVD player,if not more, so they would be fine in that department.

    Nintendo did the right thing by not adding a DVD player to it.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  19. #2244
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    I find the amount of nintendo fan boys in here going after Shiro hilarious.
    Did you ever think that it was just people with at least half a brain? The WiiU is far from perfect, but there are people, yourself included, hating on it just because you can.

    The bottom line is the Wii U isn't good enough. Why would anyone spend money on a slightly improved Wii when they could save their cash for PS4 or the new xbox.
    Besides the fact that the WiiU is not a slightly improved Wii, it's the same step up that the PS2>PS3 or Xbox>Xbox 360 was, there are games on each system that can only be obtained for that system. If you want to play Mario, Zelda, Metroid etc. then you need Nintendo's console. Halo, Gears of War, Microsoft's and Sly Cooper, God of War, Little Big Planet, Sony's. There will always be exclusives.

    The fact that Nintendo still refuses to get with the program and have a DVD player is ridiculous. No college student or anyone for that matter wants to carry around both their game console and an individual dvd player.
    No college student does that... who even watches DVDs any more?

    Also, the Zelda and Mario titles are getting milked to death.
    No. Call of Duty is getting milked to death, maybe even Mario to an extent, but certainly not Zelda.

    This whole pseudo-ipad strategy from Nintendo is going to go down as one of the biggest failures in console history. Nintendo got spooked. Instead of sitting on a great system like the Wii until they could develop something revolutionary they decided to give us an overpriced Wii that comes with a different controller.
    If that's how you feel then what are the 360 and PS3? An pverpriced Xbox and Ps2, except with the same controller.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I do agree that the Wii U doesn't feel like a big upgrade from the Wii. Atleast compared to the Xbox vs the 360 or PS2 vs PS3. Hell even the Vita and 3DS felt like bigger upgrades from their previous versions.

    The Wii to Wii U transition is best described as DS to DSi with more graphic power.
    It's not like that at all, it's got the same stuff on offer that every other transition you mentioned does.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  20. #2245
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Fluster Cluck, NJ
    Posts
    8,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    It's not like that at all, it's got the same stuff on offer that every other transition you mentioned does.
    Not really, or lacks in execution. The apps on the Wii U are terrible. The online play still isn't as good as the 360. I mean, there's still time to make things better but I'm almost positive that at lauch, or a week or so within, the 720/PS4 will feel like more of step into next gen.

  21. #2246
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Not really, or lacks in execution. The apps on the Wii U are terrible. The online play still isn't as good as the 360. I mean, there's still time to make things better but I'm almost positive that at lauch, or a week or so within, the 720/PS4 will feel like more of step into next gen.
    Of course, the Wii U isn't technically next-gen. It's next-gen for Nintendo, but it's equal to what Sony and Microsoft have got now. It's a huge improvement over the Wii, just like the PS3 is a huge improvement over the PS2 and the 360 a huge improvement over the Xbox.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  22. #2247
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    40

    Default

    who even watches DVDs any more?
    Thanks for demonstrating you don't know what you're talking about.
    FC: 3911-7240-4314

  23. #2248
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    Thanks for demonstrating you don't know what you're talking about.
    Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post to point out what was a serious question. With Netflix, Hulu, and all these other on-demand services, what's the point?


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  24. #2249
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The cliff that time forgot.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    I generally don't watch DVDs...
    I just stream stuff :T

    Granted, I don't watch TV/movies much at all anymore.


    ...and don't most laptops play DVDs?
    Last edited by lindsy95; 16th December 2012 at 11:14 PM.




  25. #2250
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    2,530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
    I find the amount of nintendo fan boys in here going after Shiro hilarious. Offer one negative opinion on the Wii U and they come swarming like a pack of twilight fan girls.
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I wasn't taking issue with her opinion; I was taking issue with how the opinion was formulated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    No college student does that... who even watches DVDs any more?
    That's silly. I get the point you're trying to make with regards to Netflix, Hulu, etc., but it's as dumb as saying, "We have Kindle, who even reads books anymore?"
    Nintendo Network ID: benjikemp

Page 90 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •