A place for discussion of Paranormal and Metaphysical phenomenon as well as Mythological and Magical beasts.
Are you a ghost hunter? Do you believe in Bigfoot? Do you think vampires are logically impossible? Have your revised the theory of human evolution to include fairies, werewolves, and/or gnomes? Are you afraid Slender Man is coming to get you?
If so, this might be the club for you.
Here members can discuss opinions, encounters, theories, and news related to the unexplained subjects of the world.
Our Society Mascot:
Early February 2012, Rotom was chosen as our society mascot. This ghostly orange pokemon with the power to posses electronics can be associated with Poltergeists and Gremlins.
Poltergeist, a word of German origin, means noisy ghost, and is usually used to refer to an unseen spirit which moves objects and makes knocking noises. Though some theories suggest that they aren’t ghosts at all, but the physical manifestations of unknowing psychic people’s frustrations.
Gremlin, a derivative of Goblin or gremian (to vex), refers to tiny and/or spirit creatures which damage electronics. Gremlins seem to have a particular interest in aircraft, and were first reported by British WW II pilots.
Some notable pop culture sources of Poltergeist and ghost Gremlin lore include;
Ghost Master (video game)
Ghostbusters (movies, books, cartoons, & video games)
The Exorcist (movie)
Paranormal Activity (movies)
The Grudge (movie)
Danny Phantom (cartoon)
*We're currently looking for Images, Articles, and even Short stories for this section.
*Please do not put anything else in the same post as submissions. If your image or story is not selected I may still provide a link to the post that it's in, so it'd be nice if the post was really neat and clean.
*Images over 800 wide or tall should be in spoilers or linked. Stories and articles longer than 5 paragraphs (3 to 6 sentences each) should also be in spoilers.
*Keep it tasteful.
2013 Feb: Member list will be cleaned at the end of every month starting this month, please post to avoid being removed.
Spoiler:- Old News::
Paranormal/Mythological World News:
2013 May 18:
About Dowsing (water-witching and pendulums)
2013 May 17:
Zimbabwe Man Wakes-Up at His Funeral
(One possible origin of zombie and vampire myths)
2013 May 13:
Speeding Man tells Officials he was Fleeing Zombies!
2013 May 7:
Supposed Sea Monster, and What Experts Really Think it is...
Psychic claimed Amanda Berry was Dead
2013 May 6:
Gallery - Strangest Places on Earth
(Area 51, Bermuda Triangle, Stonehenge, Loch Ness, etc…)
2013 May 5:
Former Senator, Mike Gravel Claims aliens have Visited the White House
2013 April 30:
Scientists Test Tiny Alien Mummy from Chile
2013 April 27:
Angels - Psychological or Paranormal?
Belief in God aids Psychiatric Treatment
2013 April 25:
New Stonehenge Theory Emerges with Discovery of Ancient Wild Animal Remains
Faith Healing, Child Abuse (Caution: Disturbing Content)
Spoiler:- Old World News:
1) All SPPF rules are to be followed
2) Only approved members may post, this is to prevent SPAM and a flood of ‘can I join’ posts. Do NOT post asking to join, please read the Membership Guidelines instead.
3) Please stay on topic, the occasional relevant joke is fine, but don’t SPAM us with a hundred jokes. This is a serious thread, so please save your RPGing for another thread.
4) Discussion of Religion or Politics in any manner that is meant to harm, harass, or discredit anyone is prohibited. Mentioning that such-and-such religion/government supports the theory/belief of -blank- is fine, so long as you don’t try to use it as ammo.
Allowed, “Many -blanks- believe in Angels.”
Not allowed, “Only idiots, like -blanks-, would believe in Angels.”
5) Rule breakers will be given 1 to 3 warnings (depending on the severity of their misbehavior) after which they will receive a temporary ban, or in more serious cases a permanent ban.
You may become a member of this club under the following circumstances:
1) You may PM me or an approved Staff member to ask if you can join. Please provide some reason as to why you want to join or think you’d be a good member. Please do not post until your membership has been approved. Staff who can approve your membership will have [PM me to join] after their names.
2) You need to have 25 or more Serebii forum posts, to prove you’ll actually stick around.
3) You must have an interest in the paranormal and/or plan on contributing to the club intellectually.
4) When PMing to join, you may select a favorite/representative mythical/crypto-logical creature to be listed after your name. Do not request a pokemon icon to be displayed by your name, it's a special reward for members who continue to contribute to the club.
5) As of February 2013, the member list is purged of all inactive members (people who have not posted in the past 2 months) at the end of each month. This does not prevent you from rejoining in the future, but it does make your creature available for anyone else to claim.
Owner: VampirateMace (Vampire )[PM me to join]
MugoUrth (Almiraj )
Grassmaster411 (Mokele Mbembe )
great guy (??? )
Neon Squirtle (Greyman )
Hudsonn98 (Bigfoot )
Srivats123 (Werewolf )
New Members & Less Active Members:
Celestial Moth (Thoth)
Gaiano (failure to remove premature post)
Suggested Icebreaker Topics:
Have you ever witnessed any paranormal activity or had unexplained event?
What Phenomenon or Mythical Creatures interest you the most?
Have you found any interesting facts about said Phenomenon/Creature that you’d like to share?
Are there any Books, Movies, Documentaries, or Series you’d like to recommend?
What pokemon do you think best represents -blank creature-?
Club Signature Banners and Official Club Art:
These images are intended for club member use only, and please give credit when possible.
By VampirateMace (credit not required):
Sig Badges (Inspired by Treeco’s Awesomeness’ Skeptic Badge):
By VampirateMace (credit not required):
Sprites used (C) Nintendo/Game Freak/The Pokemon Company
Feb Coloring/Drawing Contest
June 2012 - SPCS’s Find the Most Outrageous Hoax Contest (2012, June)
- AwesomeReshiram93 (smoking bananadine)
- Treecko's Awesomeness (Mary Toft births rabbit parts)
August 2012 - Short Story Contest (The Family Ghost)
October 2012 - Horror Movie Team Challenge
- Adalricus (Riley)
- Grassmaster411 (Cassie)
December 2012 - *Cancelled*
SPCS - eMagazine Submissions Guidelines
* Articles (Historic/Research, Documentary)
* DIY Articles (Tutorials, Field Guides, Travel/Location Guides)
* Reviews (Media Reviews - Product Reviews)
* Art (Article Images, Cover Art, Fan Art)
* Fiction (Stories, Scripts, Poems)
* Fun Stuff (Quizzes, Tests, Puzzles)
1. PM your project plan(s) to VampirateMace. This will insure that your project stays a surprise for the other members, and she can plan the magazine layout. She can also give you direction if you want to make art to go alongside another member’s article.
2. The paper is set to be released in mid-late January and mid-late July. At the start of the month when the next paper is due, VampirateMace will PM you to remind you that you have about two weeks to PM your projects to her.
3. When submitting your project, please include the name you’d like it to be attributed to, list any research sources used/cited, as well as a title if applicable. Projects with particularly poor grammar or lots of spelling mistakes may be selected to be revised then published in a later issue.