View Poll Results: Which is the most Outrageous (funny, stupid, unbelievable) Hoax? non-members can vote

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cardiff Giant, a supposedly petrified giant, actually carved from gypsum (1869)

1 12.50%
  • Living Diplocaulas (extinct lizard) discovered, clay model (2004)

1 12.50%
  • Mary Toft supposedly gave birth to rabbit and cat parts following a miscarriage (1726)

3 37.50%
  • Smoking Banana Peels to get high, aka bananadine (1960s-70s, re-emerged in 1990s)

3 37.50%
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society

Okay… it’s time for

Scenario Challenge 1

But first a couple things;
    Since there are only three of you, I will be treating you as a single team, but scoring you individually. Bonus points will be available in each round, so don’t get discouraged if it looks like you’re falling behind.

Introducing your team:
    * Adalricus - Athletic high school nerd, Riley
    * Treecko’s Awesomeness - Shut-in high school fan boy, Zach
    * Grassmaster411 - Compassionate veterinarian and ecologist, Cassie

Scenario Challenge 1 - A Plan for Survival…

This challenge ends on the 7th.

It is worth up to 5 points, and 2 bonus points.

Each team member should provide a unique answer (posted in this thread) to the challenge based on what they know about their teammates’ in-game characters. You may write, sketch, comic, sprite comic, or whatever you need to do, to get your idea across.

Please try to keep things PG-13

Setting:
    Small-town in the USA, summer - You and your teammates came into town for some summer time relaxation. The town is somewhat remote, being several hundred miles from the nearest City. Cell phone signal is spotty at best, but that just means there’s less chance for drama or work to get in the way of your vacation, only…

The Threat:
    Lately people and appliances have begun to spontaneously combust. The incidents are ruled accidental deaths or mechanical malfunctions (Madge was old and infirm, Devin was a heavy smoker and drinker, that coffee maker never did work that well…), until the local grocery store clerk erupts into flames in front of several witnesses. Who will be next?

The Challenge:
    Come up with a plan for survival involving all three members of you team.

Bonus Points:
    * Creativity
    The most creative plan will earn a bonus point.

* Plans that take into account what else may combust:
    Cars, telephone wires, ect…
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and/or Joyous Kwanzaa!
    (Or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Wow.. Credit to me for discovering this post today, the 6th. lol

I think it is a bit too late for me, seeing that it is Midnight. which means, "today" is actually "Tomorrow" since I have not gone to sleep yet, and it is over 00:00. (Why am I still up?)

Well then.. I shall start.. "Tomorrow" , which is still the 6th. lol. Besides, It is not the end of the world if I miss out on one challenge, is it?

Alright, here I go. Sorry for the wait, I had a 3 page essay for my college course. Not sure how long of a response you wanted, but this seems like a decent enough plan for the situation.

Cassie
    Small-Town USA

Cassie had witnessed the horrifying sight of the grocery store clerk catching on fire. She screamed and tried to call 911, but she had no cell phone coverage.

After joining with her team members, she had calmed down some, but her hands were still shaky. She tried to think straight, but her mind was racing.

"We need water". She said. "Lots, and lots of water. A lake, or a river, or a big pond or something! And we need to get away from anything that plus in. Things that run on.....microchips or something. My point is we need to avoid outlets and electricity".

"Maybe, maybe find a vacant barn or, or a log cabin. Maybe those places would be best. Failing that, maybe we could make some kind of shelter in the woods. And we need things that put out fires, thing like fire blankets, extinguishers, and, and just fire proof stuff."
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Trying to create something like that, then:

A good vacation-spot in a small town in USA.

Riley had heard of the phenomenon called spontainous Combustion, but had never witnessed it. Though, he was a bit scared it might happen to him. then, one day, he witnessed as the cute girl in the Coffe-Shop just burst into flames.
    It took him a few moments to precieve the situation, but then, he quickly grabbed the coat of an old lady from the table next to him, and tried to put out the flames. He did not succeed in saving the poor womans life, and her death-screams were pretty traumatic for him.

It happened again, in a store some days later when Riley was doing grocery-shopping for his parents. There, he met a girl named Cassie. She looked like she was about to break down, yet, she managed to somehow think straight, and come up with a plan involving Water. "What is going on? What the *Beep* is happening?"

Then an idea began to shape in Rileys head. "What if we soaked ourselves? Fire can't catch on if we're all soaking wet!"

(I hope I did this right, and correct me if I did anything wrong, please)
    Last edited by Schade; 6th October 2012 at 10:34 AM.

Hey, sorry for being so late. I kinda took a hiatus from Serebii.

Anyway, this looks like a fun RP. I'll enjoy watching it.

I haven't seen any paranormal news lately...Anyone else find something?

Nope, nothing new but I think the new season of "Finding Bigfoot" is starting soon! ^.^
    Signature edited due to exceeding the gif size limit. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Sorry for the delay:

Scoreboard
    * Adalricus - Riley: 5
    * Treecko’s - Zach: 0
    * Grassmaster411 - Cassie: 7

Okay so now it’s time for:

Oct 8-14: Movie Trivia - Use your movie knowledge to earn your team points.

* I’m going to post questions one at a time, first person to post the correct answer (at least mostly correct) will get the point for that question.

* Go ahead and post an answer if you think the person above you is wrong, I’ll let you know who is right when I return, as I’m not on Serebii 24/7.

First Question:

In The Fourth Kind, what type of animal do Dr. Tyler’s insomnia patients claim to have seen outside their windows at night?
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 10th October 2012 at 2:51 AM. Reason: fixing a typo

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

^ I have that movie.

And now... Riley's Science-Show!
    *Corrects glasses* They all claim to have seen a white Owl, kind of like a warning that says: "Hey, hey guy! Yeah you. You'll be taken soon..." .
    Last edited by Schade; 9th October 2012 at 7:09 PM.

Correct!

Scoreboard
    * Adalricus - Riley: 6

Question 2:

In the black and white silent film Nosferatu, (which was based on the novel Dracula), which character actually had the power to kill the vampire?

Only a woman, pure of heart could distract him. Which results in the vampire drinking her blood and forgetting about the upcmoming day,

That's the in-move theory, but I'm looking for which character...

Ooooooh... Hutters wife, Ellen?

Correct Again...

I would also have accepted Nina/Mina due to the films history. The DVD I have uses the name Nina, and some ignorant editor decided to color correct the film destroying the tinted scenes... sigh.

Scoreboard
    * Adalricus - Riley: 7

Third Question!

In the Alfred Hitchcock movie The Birds, what species of bird do we see being purchased at a pet shop in the beginning of the movie?

They want to buy lovebirds for Mitch's birthday, but they are sold out.

Yes… though lovebirds eventually do get bought… and she wasn't in there for Mitch's birthday.

Scoreboard
    * Adalricus - Riley: 8

Fourth Question:

In the 2003 film, The Core, what is the codename name of the secret government project that started the whole problem?

I'll be taking a wild guess, was it Virgil?
    Long time since I saw the movie..

Nope, reasonable sounding guess, but that's not the project...

Well, then I am clueless.

Okay, The 1st Trivia Round is over!

Scoreboard
    * Adalricus - Riley: 8

And now it’s time for:

Oct 15-21: Creative Challenge 1 - Paranormal Investigation

This challenge is worth 5 points and 3 bonus points.

After escaping a fiery death in small-town USA, you realize that the three of you make a pretty good team, and start to meet up on three day weekends for paranormal investigations.

Setting:
    Old Asylum - Nestled in the outskirts of a big city, the old asylum has a varied and troubled past. Originally it was sanatorium for people with tuberculosis, later becoming a insane asylum. Old, rusty, and full of debris, it’s you’re workplace for the next three days as your team performs their investigation.

The Legend:
    The standard myths are present, suicidal nurses, murdered doctors, tortured patients, and something evil that lurks the halls… There’s too much for it all to be true, or is there?

The Challenge:
    What does your team find?
    Please provide a journal entry/entries or investigative report detailing what you and your teammates find (your accounts of events do not need to match). Sketches and even mocked-up photos are welcome, but no video please.

Bonus Points
    * A picture is worth a thousand words, or a point at least.

* Most creative entry gets a bonus point.

* Most believable entry gets a bonus point.

Riley and the two others he met somewhere earlier decided to stick together, for some reason, as they thought they made a pretty good team. "Where shall we go?" was a question they all wondered.
    But then, Cassie came up with.. an idea. "Why not go to the old asylum? It's abandoned, and we could figure out what to do there!" Zach wasn't as enthusiastic as Cassie. "The old asylum where murdered doctors and faceless nurses walk the hallways?" Yes, they had all heard the grousome backgroundstory of the old asylum. Voices, shadows and disapperances. but for some reason, Cassie wanted them to stay there. "At least we should go find out if there is anything in here", Zach said when they were standing outside the Asylum. "At night... why did we have to come at night?!" Riley mumled for himself.

The trio entered the creepy asylum...

Hey Adalricus, good effort, but I don't think you really understood what I was looking for on this challange. It wasn't so much an RPG as it was a chance for you to make up some sort of short ghost/monster/archeology story.

Edit: Added some more news
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 22nd October 2012 at 6:39 AM.

Oooooh.. My bad

Don’t be hard on yourself, at least you got an entry in, might as well give you the five points since it’s the best we got.

Scoreboard
    * Adalricus - Riley: 13

Oct 22-28: Scenario Challenge 2 - Who to Trust?
    It is worth up to 5 points, and 2 bonus points.

Each team member should provide a unique answer (posted in this thread) to the challenge based on what they know about their teammates’ in-game characters. You may write, sketch, comic, sprite comic, or whatever you need to do, to get your idea across.

The Asylum was pretty much a bust, as it turned out there were no monsters or ghost to be found. Your team returns to their everyday lives until, by chance you meet on vacation!

Setting:
    Train Station, Downtown Tokyo - Your team is touring Japan. It’s late night after a long day of sightseeing, and you’re waiting for the train that will take you to the stop closest to your hotel.

The Senario:
    A train pulls into the station. Your group clamors onboard, but oddly, none of the dozens of other people waiting seem to want to board this train. Worse, this train is almost empty. You’re just thinking you should get off, when the doors close and the train pulls away from the station. The passenger closest to your group begins to transform into a monstrous creature. You remember vaguely a story about this… this must be The Demon Train!

The Challenge:
    Just as you’re just about to fight off passengers who are turning into demons, you’re suddenly offered two more options! A young boy opens the door connecting this car to the one behind it, “Quick! This way!” As he closes the door an inspector emerges from the car in front, and in a thick Japanese accent announces, “Hang on folks, Seems you got on the wrong train, calm down and we’ll get this sorted out.”

What to do? Fight everyone off? Follow the child? Wait for the inspector to help?

* Most creative entry gets a bonus point.

* Scariest entry gets a bonus point.

Sorry for inactivity, but I was on a 2 day, overnight field trip to a military college. Surprisingly, we visited 2 supposedly haunted places. I'll tell that story once the halloween contest is over. A thylacine tape I posted earlier kind of got ignored in all the action.

Also, due to school, I won't be as active. Iv'e been loaded with homework, tests, and college work.

Cassie
    Demon Train

"AAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIYYYYYYYYYHHHHHHH" Cassie screamed in a high pitched voice as the woman's skull next to her bursted open, revealing an insect-like creature. Nearby, something that looked like a monsterous duck-turtle thing with a bowl of water on its head emerged from a fat mans stomach.

Cassie had never been in a fight before, not even at school, but she feebly brought up her fists to defend herself. Just as the creatures seemed to gain self-awarness, a young boy opened a door to a connecting car and yelled for them to go that way. Cassie began to run towards him when the Japanese inspector emerged from the other end, speaking non-chalontly as if this were an everyday occurance. Suspecting a trap, Cassie followed the young boy.

She ran through varius cars, just barely able to see the young boy ahead of her. Monsterous beings dwelled in each car, some seemingly passive, others striking at her as she ran by. A hibagon sat in a seat watching FOX News. Nosferatu reached out and tried to grab her hair. A velociraptor stood debating politics with Herman Cain.

As the boy reached the front of the train, Cassie caught up with him. He pointed to a ladder above the conducters chair and ran for it.

That when a large, club like thing attacthed to a tentacle smashed open his skull.

In the dark corner of the front cabin was a large beast. Nine feet tall, with a face on its huge torso. The face had small, beady eyes and a large, shark-like mouth. It stood on three, tortoise-like legs. It had two arms, one which ended in the long tentacle with a club, and another with large horns and a frill.

Cassie heaved, disturbed by the death of the small boy. The creature, however, was not and it barely missed doing her in as well. She rolled past it, more dazed than concerned. But fear and danger brought her back quickly, and she made a dash for the ladder. The beast gave chase, but was not very manuverable in the small space, and his club-tentacle had become trapped in the gaping hole it made. Cassie climbed out of the train, and to her surprise, the ladder kept going up, despite the fact that the train was still moving.

She finally reached the top, climbing out through a manhole cover in Downtown Tokyo. Looking back down the hole, which was slowly shrinking, she could only pray her two friends would make it out as well.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Sorry, I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast