View Poll Results: Which is the most Outrageous (funny, stupid, unbelievable) Hoax? non-members can vote

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cardiff Giant, a supposedly petrified giant, actually carved from gypsum (1869)

1 12.50%
  • Living Diplocaulas (extinct lizard) discovered, clay model (2004)

1 12.50%
  • Mary Toft supposedly gave birth to rabbit and cat parts following a miscarriage (1726)

3 37.50%
  • Smoking Banana Peels to get high, aka bananadine (1960s-70s, re-emerged in 1990s)

3 37.50%
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society

http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Lizard_Man_of_Scape_Ore_Swamp

I believe this is the most accurate recollection of the Davis Sighting. In addition, it also has a fact-based description of the monster and some nice references. What cryptid should I look up next?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

(MileniaKitsune): That doesn’t mean you couldn’t do research as long as you have the building name and/or address, we live in the internet age after all. You might be able to find an archived news article about the fire online even (assuming of course, there really was one).

(Neon Squirtle): Yeah, the Wikipedia article was what I had looked at. Guess I was mistaken, it talks about the red eyes on there too. Wikipedia is a good starting place, but like any encyclopedia, it’s got it’s mistakes, shortcuts, and omissions. Seek out as many sources as possible if you really want to know everything about a creature, and if you want to have the most accurate knowledge possible.

There’s a whole world of Cryptozoology for you to explore. Wikipedia has this list of cryptids. Pick something that looks interesting and enjoy yourself.

Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society / And My Etsy Shop!
    I've also got Blog about all things paranormal:
    http://problematicafiles.blogspot.com/
    Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: Noshi is a folded tag used by Japanese as a decoration on presents for good luck, it represents dried fish/shellfish.

@VampirateMace Yeah, great advice thanks. After a long, tiring, challenging 5 minute search (lol) I have decided to research Gray Aliens. *le wild Wikipedia page appears* OH GOD THAT PIC IS TERRIFYING. http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_alien
    So I will edit later with my findings.

@Vampire Yeah, I guess you're right, I will find out more and contact my friend to see if she wants in as well (she also likes this whole paranormal stuff).

@NeonSquirtle Yess, lets discuss aliens. It's one of my fav paranormal subjects. Though I'll be back later since it's 5am and I wont be able to sleep if I keep thinking of this stuff now. XDD
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Top favs:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ogical-Society

Ok, so here's some fun facts I found.

*90% of abduction claims in Canada involve Grays one way or another
    *Some conclude the home of these aliens is in the Zeta Reticuli star system.
    *They are supposed to look like humans, but with no appearing noses or mouths and with a small grey body, a big head and large black eyes
    *The absence of mouths suggests they could communicate telepathically.

That's mostly what I've found so far. I'll try to update with more later on.

Yep, there's also been reports of Greys with 3 fingers and others with 4.
    Some are described to be 3-4 ft tall while others (but more rarely) are somewhat taller (usually these are the ones who "gets"/talks or observes the person) I believe there is some kind of job or intelligence "hierarchy" related to their sizes. The smaller ones are the ones most commonly seen when there are smaller ships, so maybe they are some kind of "scouts"?
        Spoiler:- My Shinies:

Top favs:

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ogical-Society

Yep, that picture is terrifying... for all the wrong reasons.

I do believe there could be some sort of hierarchy with the Greys. Multiple abduction reports describe a scenario where the abductees is experimented on by the smaller Greys who bring in a taller Grey(s) later on. I would not assume it to be intelligence so much as job (like ants) or perhaps even scenario where two very similar species exist symbiotically. The Small Greys are obviously the scientist sorts.

-Then again they may just be school children dissecting a specimen… I once heard the reason aliens don’t bother contacting us put like this, ‘when you see an ant on the side walk, you don’t stop and wonder what the ant is thinking about, you know you are smarter than the ant, and that the ant can hardly even comprehend your existence.’

I like Hawking’s reaction even better, ‘I believe it would be extremely bad -long pause- because whenever two civilizations on Earth met, it was always bad for the less advanced civilization, and that was just among humans.’

BTW, there’s now several apps that allow you to track recent UFO and alien sightings.

Today's Fact: Noshi is a folded tag used by Japanese as a decoration on presents for good luck, it represents dried fish/shellfish.

Quote Originally Posted by MileniaKitsune View Post
    Yep, there's also been reports of Greys with 3 fingers and others with 4.
    Some are described to be 3-4 ft tall while others (but more rarely) are somewhat taller (usually these are the ones who "gets"/talks or observes the person) I believe there is some kind of job or intelligence "hierarchy" related to their sizes. The smaller ones are the ones most commonly seen when there are smaller ships, so maybe they are some kind of "scouts"?
    I find this rather intuitive. As you mentioned people including myself have been making and reporting this distinction for a long time.
    Though i must say theirs a solid speculation that the smaller beings among them are actually androids. Its very possible that they are
    infact "real" beings theirselfs, though and correct me if im wrong, but they only ever appear to be assisting the larger greys.
    The larger always "puts one to sleep", the larger conducts in the shadows the "heavy lifting" in which
    one may be removed from the residence, while the smaller of the 2 remains at their side.
    A hierachy is very possible considering what they are as a collective group though given the distinct differences between the 2 forms of greys reported,
    i find it hard to believe that they are both of the same species .. Not only this but the smaller of the 2 dont ever act in a... Living... Way... I mean only ever have i noticed
    or heard of the larger acting,conversingand interacting. Never have a noticed or heard repports of the smaller of the 2 acting in a .. Living way.. Though that may be due to the
    heirachy of things..

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Squirtle View Post
    Ok, so here's some fun facts I found.

*90% of abduction claims in Canada involve Grays one way or another
    *Some conclude the home of these aliens is in the Zeta Reticuli star system.
    *They are supposed to look like humans, but with no appearing noses or mouths and with a small grey body, a big head and large black eyes
    *The absence of mouths suggests they could communicate telepathically.

That's mostly what I've found so far. I'll try to update with more later on.
    When reading this i couldn't help but thinking of those who created us.. Though i no theirs been thoughts about those whom breath the ether and exist in the atmospheres this might be them.
    [It's safe to assume that our reputation and genetic code precedes us though and it might be attracting more than we think to this planet...

After the very notorious encounter by buz aldrin and neil armstrong when they visited the moon, a few years later... NASA shot an earth bound missle and a camera following it at the moon, for what they desribed as an experiment to see if their was water "in the moon" ( like under it ya no).
    Though i hope its not just me who thinks that they shot that missle of the beings stationed their.....
    Regardles....... After that event people reported other things, and i mean other beings jumping around this planet. That is to say it was observed and reported that other huminoid beings were conducting "buissness" on this planet also..

Intresting accounts C. Moth, if you're open to it, I'd be intrested in asking a few questions about your encounters.

I'm not sure what missle you're talking about, but a recent probe's crash-landing did seem to give evidence to of there being ice on the moon.

Also! New news! (I love writing that, it feels like it should be redundent.) Dead Bird Rain and Spontaneous Human Combustion... now, he was a smoker, so that's a likely ignition source, but it's still a bizzare event, also it comes right after a little girl caught fire in the hospital (she's hurt, but should recover), that event has been blamed on hand sanitizer, but is still a rare and freaky occurance.

EDIT:
    Added a article on 'More Possible Doomsdays' to the News. I'd skipped reading it early, because I thought it was going to be one of those cheap hacked together articles, but it's acturally kind of intresting.

And if anyone sees anything I missed on their fave news source, let us know!
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 22nd February 2013 at 9:52 PM.

Possible Doomsdays? I am pretty sure they are all fake. (Sorry about not posting.)

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Fake implied intentional misleading. I suspect some of the predictors really did believe their calculations and visions were real. Incorrect perhaps? Misguided? Simply, wrong?

Don’t worry about not posting, I just want to make it so the member list is accurate, there’s members listed on there that aren’t even part of Serebii anymore. I figure 2 months should give people a big enough window to post in, even if they’re busy with work/school/etc.

It's felt like more than two months for me.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

It has been... but you’re on the safe list now

Watching the new ‘Ancient Aliens’, another theory put forth by a previous episode is that the Greys are evolved humans traveling back in time (perhaps to fix an infertility problem, some Abductees/Contactees have mentioned infertility being the reason the Greys abducted them) and they’ve simply evolved so far beyond us physically, that we no longer recognize them as human.

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Possible Doomsdays? I am pretty sure they are all fake. (Sorry about not posting.)
    Multiple descriptions and scriptures suggest that this is just the calm before the storm, but the earth is going through its natural cycles and their will be something worth waiting for thats coming and worth preparing to ride out of.
    Also for a large amount of people to get similar visions of the future.. That has to be something worth contemplating though because humans are even more powerful on a subconsciouslevel because so many of us are forced to suppress our true abilities and powers...

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    It has been... but you’re on the safe list now

Watching the new ‘Ancient Aliens’, another theory put forth by a previous episode is that the Greys are evolved humans traveling back in time (perhaps to fix an infertility problem, some Abductees/Contactees have mentioned infertility being the reason the Greys abducted them) and they’ve simply evolved so far beyond us physically, that we no longer recognize them as human.
    Im open to any question ..

wow... I never saw that episode, i actually stoped watching that series awhile ago but it is interesting.
    That sounds pretty legit, a friend of mine brought that idea to me awhile ago as-well, but for you to say that also its almost surreal.
    It also makes alot of sence to some degrees aswell cause of all the theories or rumors of them being amphibious beings from our planet might have some credibility,
    because if they are evolved from us that means their skin also is and they might indeed be absorbing the ether and other things for sustenance
    or perhaps in absorbing light in some extreamly advanced form.
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 23rd February 2013 at 2:23 AM.

I would think that if the skin was evolved to make food from sunlight, it would either be chlorophyll green like plants, or very pale to allow as much light to pass into it as possible (if it was not a plant-like process). I seriously doubt they absorb Ćther, as that light carrying substance was debunked long ago.

Unless you mean it as their planet’s native liquids. Smooth and hairless does make since for amphibious though, in which case, skin color does matter as much.

Okay
    Encounter Questions:

So, first off, can you give me some idea of a timeline? The number of encounters, paired with when the first encounter was, and when the most recent encounter was?
    (Your age at the time would be interesting to know as well, but since this is the internet, I understand perfectly if you want to keep the info secret.)

In how many of the above encounters do you actually recall seeing 'aliens'?
    How about UFOs?

Were encounters evenly spaced, or did they speed up or slow down?

I'm no expert, but I think this theory has a more plausible base than the Grey's just being aliens. The fact that there humanoid never made sense to me. Future humans, due to evolution, could very well look like greys.

I always thought aliens would be so wildly different from us that we wouldn't recognize them at first.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Yeah Grassmaster, I, to some degree, agree with that. Unless our planet (and others) was seeded by aliens or an intelligent creator, or the humanoid form really happens to be the best form for intelligent life, there’s no reason for alien life to look like us or have anything in common with us.

Like in Childhood Lost, where the book mentioned crystal beings that took thousands of years just to complete one thought. (I’m sure I mentioned this book here before, it has to do with aliens and human evolution.)

Or the theory that a dead star could support life on it’s surface, but it would have to be very flat life due to the star’s gravity.

To be honest, I just think life forms from other planets live way too far away to ever come to Earth.

Okay
    Encounter Questions:

So, first off, can you give me some idea of a timeline? The number of encounters, paired with when the first encounter was, and when the most recent encounter was?
    (Your age at the time would be interesting to know as well, but since this is the internet, I understand perfectly if you want to keep the info secret.)

In how many of the above encounters do you actually recall seeing 'aliens'?
    How about UFOs?

Were encounters evenly spaced, or did they speed up or slow down?

There's no way around this statement considering the question and i willing to say this.

Things use to be pretty intense back in the day lol,it experiences climaxed maybe 1 and a half years ago i think i bit less, eventually it was 3 that encounters that were the most mind blowing of them all. I started experiencing **** since i was maybe... 5- 7 from what i can remember..
    I think myself rather smart considering what i contemplated at the time, but i use to HATE going to sleep at night cause the first thing i could picture was eyes and hundreds of sets of them. Eventually i gradually realised that the beings i thought were imaginary in my room were real, when i night when i was maybe. 6 and i attemptd to coversate with this being all i did was look out and eventually zone in the most "energy" attracting thing in the room. I've had ALOT extremly of dark beings visiting me in the past, but this was not similer. These ecounters were like4-6 huminoids surounded my bed cause at the time it was centered in the room. I thought nothing much of it ya no, cause i had no idea of what was going on my brain couldn't comprehend what was happening cause of idiology. Then when i was maybe 16, and then when i was 16 i gained an immense evolution of energy when i tried acid. I no longer do anything truelly risky( lsd, dmt ) cause i could not longer gain alternate knowledge..

Anyways when i was 16, i was having a recurring dream that i had alot and had fant subconsciossness links to, i realized this on the spot "unconciossnsss" in a state of lucid dreaming but i was transitional state and i could feel that..Now i believe i can say with the understanding i have now, i can safely asume that i subconsciosnessly i woke up when i was being starded at by another being, and while it was projecting thoughts into me.
    I thought to myself at that time while i consciously "thought" i was in a lucid dream," oh i'v had this dream before, this is ...." and in that time i lost consciossness and stopped dreaming i woke up . Later that morning without memorie of it. ( iv done a lot of experiments with a different psychoactive drugs to expand and explore neurological pathways in my brain. I reached a point while on acid, and consciousness trying to mediate when my friend and i were telepathically talking, i new this cause while we where some distance away, i could not see his lips moving and i could see/ understand he thought the same thing and we talking about some dude whistling on the bus.
    Now i learnt to somewhat through iscolcate the upper and inner parts and stimulate them through thought and i can telepathically projected , i have somewhat clear eyes on that respect aswell, but i cant actually read peoples unless i look into their eyes.
    I said all this so you can understand, but now im 16 and theirs been only an with satans, bearded head when i believe he was freed from its prison, i no this cause to this day iv never been more felt more terror or been more afraid of someone whom i had no idea who it was, thugh when i did instantly "realised/rememberd" who it was.... Had some other alien experiences while in the rainbow body, one was a smaller being whom i caught leaving the realms and the other was when one night, i stood up and turned the lights on, as i was looking at a silhouette made by the open window at the time. I turned the light ob and kinda felt dissy, and then almost in what i can say now having though of alot that it was a transitional attracted projecting through dimensions for my body. When their i decended to a being whom literally looked remarkably similar to the aliens on Indianna jones( i no this was not linked lol cause i did not FEEL that way at all..).
    I descended towards this being and while my body seemed elevated when lined up with it's, this being then pulled apart my body into 2 different parts while i was consciossnes in both parts, This all happening while i was consciossness of the moment i was in and knowing i was now awake. It pulled me part and put me back together and when it did i felt refreshed ay.
    I woke up 3 hours after than experience on that night at about 7am-4am ( i cant remember) with full memorie of those events.
    Times passed, and my spiritual knowledge, strength and energy have all evolved with this body, im now about 17 when things got interesting though.
    By this time i was having heaps of lucid Dreams with aliens that i had now recreated in my brain that of course looked nuthing like them but "fake"aliens as my brain liked and though was cool i guess lol.
    One night i went to sleep feeling wierd (17rs of age) and awoke consciosss and freeed form a projection, in a reasonably large white sized room in the corner on a table/stretcher. I woke i was somewhat just above eye level when i moved of the "table" calmy in a hazey state and approached what looked like 4 of these grays sitting on what i swear loooked like massive couches ay ........Anyway.. they were handling a shape that looked like a spiky star almost? And almost instinctively i walked over their cause it felt right and i looked at what they were observing and said" master, whats that? with my naked human tongue and not througha though.
    At this time they had MASSIVE eyes that stretched arcoss the fronts of their faces vertically with a reasonably small mouth.
    They somewhat noticed me walking to towards them and after i said this they kinda moved around abit and one of them appeared infront me, death starting into my eyes , like locked IN and i could feel what was the beginning of a projection of the sorts, I DID NOT get an answer as to what shape they were looking at, but while watching this being project stuff into me, with my perifirall sight noticed its face morfing and changing into a different form that had a bigger mouth and SIGNIFICANTLY smaller eyes but had grown some what in hight.
    I went out, and later recalled the moment when i woke up instantly at around 6 in the morning i think.
    Ever since that last significant realization and ecounter, iv only delt with spirits in different states hehe and have not encountered those beings again...
    I have alot of seemingly irrelevant dreams and a astral projections but im not that skilled subconsciousnessly though my subconsciousness is powerfull when
    i join them together through deep mediation.
    I haven't had anything really "interesting" ( by means of this topic) happen to me since, though now i am 19 turning 20 in 6 mounts and i amm... Knowledgeable... OF other things and those events..
    When you get the moments of the past so vividly you do tend to type alot... So i'm sorry about that and spelling, i edited a lot of the grammar but i've ran out of motivation to clean up the rest of the lazy errors sorry.. ^.^"
    Last edited by Celestial Moth; 23rd February 2013 at 4:54 AM.

Yes, you did type a lot. It’s going to take me a little time to sort through for the answers, and what unasked questions have already been answered, though I think there will be a few more questions (as long as you’re still okay with it). I think I’ll make a timeline, since I’m trying to be scientific on my end here.

As for spelling, you may want to try typing in Word or a similar program, and then pasting it into the reply box. Word’s grammar check is atrocious, so it won’t help you there, but the spell check is very useful.

Also, EVERYONE, I’ve added a article about a Haunted House being moved. I suppose if there’s any follow-up articles, we’ll find out if it really was the house, or the land, that was haunted.

EDIT:

Okay, C. Moth, based on your answer, I’ve constructed a timeline. Now, you get to decide if it is correct, and if there is any other information you think is relevant, that may have been omitted because you were so focused on other details that you forgot to mention it, or simply because I didn’t recognize it.

For the purpose of this timeline, ET Beings shall represent supposed aliens such as Greys, as where Other Beings will represent any other non-humans.

* Other Beings visit prior to age 6 (pre 1999)

* At 6 (1999) hominids ET Beings first visits
    -- C. Moth is haunted by images of eyes.
    -- ET Beings came in groups of 4-6, ET Beings did not talk.

* At 16 (2009) Lucid Dreams featuring ET Beings start
    -- Substance abuse use starts (This is not good for the validity of claims, but would have come up in normal course of questioning.)
    -- ET Beings may have transferred thoughts into C. Moth’s head, and C. Moth feels they may have gained some telepathic abilities as well.
    -- C. Moth loses time (classic abduction symptom, not accounted for by Sleep Paralysis, since it occurs when one is awake).
    -- C. Moth experiences visions of santan being free (Whether this is relevant to the encounters and/or the substance abuse remains to be seen.)
    -- While ‘elevated’ into astral projection, C. Moth encounters Elongated Skull type ET Beings, and experienced some sensation similar to that of becoming doppelganger.

* At 17 (2010) the Lucid Dreams continue
    -- Awakes one night into a white room with Grey type ET Beings on a couch, holding a star, and examining him. The ET Beings are able to distort their facial features (very dream-like), and again they do not speak.

* 18 (2011) -20 (2013), only Other Being encounters remain.
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 23rd February 2013 at 6:12 AM.

Okay, C. Moth, based on your answer, I’ve constructed a timeline. Now, you get to decide if it is correct, and if there is any other information you think is relevant, that may have been omitted because you were so focused on other details that you forgot to mention it, or simply because I didn’t recognize it.

For the purpose of this timeline, ET Beings shall represent supposed aliens such as Greys, as where Other Beings will represent any other non-humans.

* Other Beings visit prior to age 6 (pre 1999)

* At 6 (1999) hominids ET Beings first visits
    -- C. Moth is haunted by images of eyes.
    -- ET Beings came in groups of 4-6, ET Beings did not talk.

* At 16 (2009) Lucid Dreams featuring ET Beings start
    -- Substance abuse use starts (This is not good for the validity of claims, but would have come up in normal course of questioning.)
    -- ET Beings may have transferred thoughts into C. Moth’s head, and C. Moth feels they may have gained some telepathic abilities as well.
    -- C. Moth loses time (classic abduction symptom, not accounted for by Sleep Paralysis, since it occurs when one is awake).
    -- C. Moth experiences visions of santan being free (Whether this is relevant to the encounters and/or the substance abuse remains to be seen.)
    -- While ‘elevated’ into astral projection, C. Moth encounters Elongated Skull type ET Beings, and experienced some sensation similar to that of becoming doppelganger.

* At 17 (2010) the Lucid Dreams continue
    -- Awakes one night into a white room with Grey type ET Beings on a couch, holding a star, and examining him. The ET Beings are able to distort their facial features (very dream-like), and again they do not speak.

* 18 (2011) -20 (2013), only Other Being encounters remain.

Seeing all this in list form kinda seems daunting ay hehee.

First and foremost, i need to say that i stopped smoking and doing any form of drug for a bit longer than a year Between 2011- 2012
    I also need to say im rather capable of distinguishing the difference of reality thatseither a dream state and this currently reality in which these computers are on, lol.

The most significant thing i can say about the whole timeline is that you KNOW when your looking into the eyes of an empty "energy" creation when your in your dreams.. And you KNOW when your looking into the eyes of something that shouldn't necessary be thier.
    As for the substance abuse, i have to make that perfectly clear that the abuse was only on things that were possible to learn from.. And if i couldnt learn from then.. It just wouldnt happen ya no... I did not get alot of negative effects over the long term, some people simply just arnt that fortunate.

My notes were not meant to definitively decide the reality of your experiences, as you can see, there’s a note supporting your claims as well as the one that didn’t.

We have vastly different opinions on substance abuse, but keeping with forum rules, this is not the place to discuss them.

EDIT:
    Minor addition to the first post news section, involving near death expriences.
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 2nd March 2013 at 6:30 PM.

Well, after going from a link on the first post to another link on that page, I've decided I am a firm believer in God. Man, that changed the way I look at things. Link: http://www.today.com/id/48242202/sit.../#.UTNkEXwgGSN
    Last edited by Argon Wartortle; 4th March 2013 at 6:40 AM.

Good catch, looks like it's from last year, but it's the first I've seen of it. Near Death Experiences are an interesting subject. BTW, your link has an extra -http://- in it.

Added a news story on possible alien contamination in our planet’s coal deposits.

Edit:
    Added an article on Sleep Paralysis.

You all have less than a week to enter the contest!!!

Edit:
    More news, UFOs and a Possible Cult Ritual.

Edit:
    And more news, ancient cremated remains have been found at Stonehenge indicating it may have orginally been a graveyard.

Edit:
    Real Amityville Horror news added
    Coloring Contest is OVER, Noboy wins!
    Going to go purge the member list like I was supposed to
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 13th March 2013 at 5:17 AM.

Wow, the thing about Stonehenge was cool. I remember a few years ago, a guy I know said he had scientific evidence that Stonehenge was a design meant to contact aliens. Everyone believed him, but I read his supposed "evidence" and it turned out he'd typed it up himself; a hoax. What's funny is the way I could tell was the spelling and grammar were AWFUL. I was the only one who noticed that, which makes you worry about the general public education system.

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast