View Poll Results: Which is the most Outrageous (funny, stupid, unbelievable) Hoax? non-members can vote

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cardiff Giant, a supposedly petrified giant, actually carved from gypsum (1869)

1 12.50%
  • Living Diplocaulas (extinct lizard) discovered, clay model (2004)

1 12.50%
  • Mary Toft supposedly gave birth to rabbit and cat parts following a miscarriage (1726)

3 37.50%
  • Smoking Banana Peels to get high, aka bananadine (1960s-70s, re-emerged in 1990s)

3 37.50%
Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii Paranormal & Crypto-zoological Society

Every time I go to the zoo and hear adults (standing next to the clearly marked signs) call chimpanzees, gorillas, and then call the orangutans, chimpanzees, I worry about our educational system. Things are not looking good for positive identification of cryptids...

I’ve heard a lot of strange theories about Stonehenge, but most involve druids and/or lay lines rather than aliens.

EDIT (March 15): Happy World Contact Day! A day for trying to make contact with aliens! A perfect Holiday for this club... On a similar note, yesterday was Pi Day. I drew a Pi Kraken in a pie tin. You can see it on DA.
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 15th March 2013 at 11:05 PM.
    Blog: Problematic Paranormal Files | Twitter: @CleverKraken

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Today's Fact: Angry shellfish harvesters used to cut up starfish they found eating their shellfish. A starfish can regenerate from any piece that contains a reasonable portion of the starfish's core (some species only need part of an arm). I'll let you figure out the result.

Saw Phantom of the Opera on Tuesday night, it was AMAZING. Got me thinking... Ghosts! Anyone have any ghost stories they'd like to share?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

I wish...maybe.

Speaking of which, I've been reading H.P. Lovecraft lately. His works usually deal with aliens/gods thst defy human comprehension, so foreign that they cause insanity to those who see them. The gods have no regard at all for humans, and the only parts which don't refer to mind-boggling monstrosities are few.

When we get bored/nobody makes up something/no supernatural phenomena occur/ we should discuss whether humans can comprehend everything in the universe.

Oh, has anyone watched the moving house video?

I think I already told my most unexplainable ghost/paranormal phenomenon experience story. It was early, I was making my lunch for later that day (specifically a sandwich, I think it was baloney). And the end chair at the table in front of rocked back and forth. I stopped what I was doing, and went to see if a cat had jumped out of the chair. The cats were asleep, totally asleep, in the chairs to either side of it. I shrugged and finished making my sandwich. Later it occurred to me that most people would have freaked out (positively or negatively).

My other stories include a ghost boy in my room when I first work up (dream?), bleeding walls (different substance like grease?), something evil in the woods (freaking ourselves out?), doors opening (air pressure?), lights flickering (brown out?), and a pair of orangey orb UFOs (balloons?).

Lovecraft’s work in fascinating, dark and mysterious, pity he was such a xenophobe/racist, though I’ve heard his attitude towards foreigners/minorities improved so much in his later years that he became embarrassed of the defamatory works he’d done when he was younger.

I don’t think we can comprehend Everything… We can’t even comprehend Nothing. Think for a moment, what is Nothing? Once you’ve done that, you’ve defined Nothing, and made it Something, therefore, it can no longer be Nothing.

Is that the haunted house moving, you’re talking about?

Does anyone have any ideas for an April Contest? The Coloring/Drawing Contest was an abysmal failure…

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - gets you 10% off $15+ in my shop ^ )

Today's Fact: Angry shellfish harvesters used to cut up starfish they found eating their shellfish. A starfish can regenerate from any piece that contains a reasonable portion of the starfish's core (some species only need part of an arm). I'll let you figure out the result.

Quote Originally Posted by VampirateMace View Post
    Good catch, looks like it's from last year, but it's the first I've seen of it. Near Death Experiences are an interesting subject. BTW, your link has an extra -http://- in it.

Added a news story on possible alien contamination in our planet’s coal deposits.

Edit:
    Added an article on Sleep Paralysis.

You all have less than a week to enter the contest!!!

Edit:
    More news, UFOs and a Possible Cult Ritual.

Edit:
    And more news, ancient cremated remains have been found at Stonehenge indicating it may have orginally been a graveyard.

Edit:
    Real Amityville Horror news added
    Coloring Contest is OVER, Noboy wins!
    Going to go purge the member list like I was supposed to
    Wow you added a lot of great stuff particularly the sleep paralysis piece(since that happens to me quite often)and the UFO one. Stonehenge was great, have you added anything on the Bermuda Triangle, you probably did and I over looked it. It has always interested me and I was hoping you would share your opinions on it VampirateMace. I recently purchased some magazines that discuss the power of the mind, telekinesis etc... I personally believe that is a bunch of bolony. They even had an article on Uri Geller(lol)and his spoon bending "powers". It was an interesting read.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 24th March 2013 at 5:12 AM. Reason: Teh gramurz

All those are recent news stories I've found... I don't recall there being any on the Bermuda Triangle, but if I come across a news story that is, I will certainly be adding it.

I've heard a lot of theories about the Bermuda Triangle, including that it might contain a mini black hole. I'm not an expert on it, and don't really know what I believe about it at this point. I'm open to the concept that under certain conditions the human mind my be able to affect it's surrounding (telekinesis).

Mm, if it contained a "mini black hole," it should have devoured the planet (and Mars) by now. In fact, the mini-er it is, the more powerful...

I'm not really sure what to think about it though. No one who disappears ever comes back and explains what happened. Personally, I believe it's the home of a/many leviathan/s that have a grudge against humans. But until someone reappears, nobody can know anything.

On H.P. Lovecraft, I've noticed that. It's weird that his hatred is only directed towards miniorities though, and not neccesarily based on ethnicity–though it seems that he holds British people as the best in the world.

Vampirate, "nothing" is the opposite of everything. No one said that a void can't be described :R

Edit: There does seem to be at least one benevolent supernatural being in Lovecraft's work–there are too many coincidences at times, and in one of the stories, the gods of Earth (not the Elder Gods; the "gods of Earth" are weaker and less creepy)were protected from a human by a strange force. Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic.
    Last edited by greatguy; 24th March 2013 at 7:36 AM.

There's apparently a quantum physics calculation or something that allows for the formation of temporary mini black holes and/or wormholes, that aren't as powerful as you're suggesting. But, yeah, it's still a stupid theory.

Of course a void can be discribed, but a void isn't nothing.

I saw a ghost today, an elderly woman. I have never seen her before, she was sitting on the couch. I was going into the kitchen when I saw her. It was one of those moments when you see something the first time and you do a double take and they aren't there anymore. I wasn't scared/freaked out like how I normally get. In fact I didn't think much of it at all.

Did you see her mostly out of the corner of you eye? Or did you see her fully, and just not register it until you'd passed?

More news in the first post.

Did you see her mostly out of the corner of you eye? Or did you see her fully, and just not register it until you'd passed?

More news in the first post.
    I saw her fully, I actually saw her again today in the same spot.

Again?
    Was the time similar, or was it a totally different time of day? Was she doing anything either time?

I ask these questions because, there's too basic groups of ghosts, those conscious/semi-conscious of the world around them, and those that appear to be nothing more than a recording from the person’s life. And I’m curious as to which she may be. Another good set of questions are about the house itself. Is it brick or wood (or other)? And has anyone (to your knowledge) lived on the property before?

It might be time to set up a video camera, aimed at the couch.

Again?
    Was the time similar, or was it a totally different time of day? Was she doing anything either time?

I ask these questions because, there's two basic groups of ghosts, those conscious/semi-conscious of the world around them, and those that appear to be nothing more than a recording from the person’s life. And I’m curious as to which she may be. Another good set of questions are about the house itself. Is it brick or wood (or other)? And has anyone (to your knowledge) lived on the property before?

It might be time to set up a video camera, aimed at the couch.
    It was a different time of day, but she was just sitting on the couch. I live in an apartment but the neighbor said that an elderly woman passed away here, it didn't occur to me that it could've been the elderly woman that passed away here because this is the first time I see her, after two years of living here.

Sounds like you’ve figured out who it may be (or who’s energy imprint it may be).

Sometimes a certain event or change in the building's layout (moved furniture or a renovation), will trigger ghostly activity, in those cases it's usually conscious. Sometimes simply the age of the person seeing an entity is a factor, many ghost are only seen by teens/pre-teens. It could even just be that she’d letting you know that she’s comfortable with you living in her apartment now.

The wood or brick question had to do with the fact that brick buildings (according to some paranormal investigators) tend to have more energy imprint ghosts, and there are even claims of people living in brick buildings seeing their own energy imprint ghosts. Yep, there are not only claims of seeing living people’s ghosts, but claims of seeing one’s own ghost. Supposedly the quartz acts as a amplifier of spirit energy. It all sounds very pseudo-science, but chemistry started out as the pseudo-science of alchemy, so maybe there's something to it...

EDIT:
    I've added 2 UFO news stories to the first post!

EDIT 2:
    Added news about a documentary on 'The Shining'

EDIT 3:
    Added news on Fairy Rings/Circles
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 29th March 2013 at 8:16 AM.

^If living people can have ghosts, I should be seeing the spirit of the last occupant of my house a lot xD

Well, assuming ghosts are spirits who had bad lives.

How do you think these "energy imprints" formed?

My position on ghosts is in perpetual change. As of today, I believe ghosts could take possesion of a person. Possession, I think, can be a forceful takeover, or a sort of agreement that could allow the possessed person to have psychic powers, such as telekineses, telepathy, or ventriloquism.* In a takeover, the spirit can't move well without losing strength, but can hurt the mind of the person, so that he/she will perform what the spirit wants them to. Discuss?

*In the Sam and Max games, Max gains the "psychic power" of ventriloquism. Sam is not impressed.

That's J. K. Rowling's theory, but it's not a proven fact. Ghost of living people are nowhere near as common as ghosts of dead and dying people.

I don't claim to know how they would be formed, but I would think it has something to do with all the energy generated by the human mind and body, and what supposed mediums exist to store that energy, then time release it.

In most cases of possesion I've heard of, the possesed doesn't stray very far from home... that could be a viable reason why. Ventriloquism used to be a pyschic trick, the ventriloquist would speak to the 'spirit' in thier belly...

Minor news update.

EDIT: More news, Chased by Bigfoot & Near Death Experiences
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 6th April 2013 at 12:01 AM.

I remember about 18 months ago my brother and I watched this "Creepy Grudge Ghost in Mirror" vid on YT. What happened was a girl (about 7-9) was doing her teeth in the mirror and suddenly the image (in the mirror) screamed and became a zombified version of the girl. It may have been fake, but nevertheless I am afraid of mirrors now.

EDIT: read about Bloody Mary on LiveScience, does the thing really work? Has anyone tried it?
    Last edited by Argon Wartortle; 19th April 2013 at 8:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropius19 View Post
    This thread proves sppf is full of geniuses :x
    My Instagram, please follow!

Hoenn Starters :3

I'm gone from SPPF to pursue academics, and I most likely won't be back. Bye!

Yeah Neon, there's a lot of scare-your-friends videos out there. It's not really that funny anymore... I don't know which 'Bloody Mary' thing you were reading on Life Science, I assume it was something about the ghost legends (I say legends because there are hundreds of versions, and many of them do not relate back to the historical Bloody Mary) rather than drinks... but um, I had a friend obbsessed with summoning her, and we never saw her, or her cat, or her baby. So, no, I don't think it'll work. However if you stare at your reflection in a dark room long enough (regardless of any summoning chats) your eyes will start to play tricks on you, and it'll start looking creepy and undead-ish.
    (EDIT: Warning, Don't stare your reflection in the dark for long periods, it's apparently been linked to identity disorders.)

Added a minor news update, the search for aliens is being taken to the next level.

Edit:
    More news... enjoy

EDIT:
    More news! Check this out, a mini-mummy, thought by some to be a deformed fetus, and by others to be a alien.

EDIT:
    More news, have aliens visited the White House?
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 6th May 2013 at 12:45 AM.

Have aliens visited the white house? I doubt it.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Yeah, the 20,000 they paid him for his statement is kind of a Red Flag, in my opinion.

Minor news section update.

I've heard of the Bermuda Triangle and Lochness Monster, but I've always assumed they were hoaxes. ...I'm not sure what the mystery behind Stonehenge is.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Well, with Stonehenge, scientist still aren’t 100% sure why it exists.

Normal Theories:
    Mass Graveyard
    Sun Calendar
    Hunting Marker

Paranormal Theories:
    Lay Lines & Magic
    Sun Calendar & Magic
    Aliens
    Fairies

Also, minor news updates

How do we know there was a reason for it being built? The ancients might have just built it cause they could.

Mmm... well, they could have, but I think the general theory against that is that they were so busy just trying to survive that they didn't generally have time to build giant sculptures unless they served some important purpose. But yeah, it could just be art.

Hi guys, sorry for being inactive for quit some time. My home laptop had a virus, and I had to use my school laptop to finish College Algebra.

I recently read a really good sci-fi book, called Human.4. Its written by Mike Lancaster. I won't give away spoilers, but it contains just about every aspect of this club, including aliens, ghosts, proto-humans, evolution, and more. I highly recommend it.
    3DS FC: 4081-5902-7378 Add Me!
        Spoiler:- My Champion Teams:

Credit to Forever and Again art shop

Credit to VampirateMace for the Banner

Page 26 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast