Page 130 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 6484

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Most of the time things you fuse yourself are way better than loot. The random high valued weapons can also have good mods that pass on easily... or if you are very lucky, you get a great weapon just like so. Got my Aurum club as a loot.
    I find it tedious to do chapters on 2.0 - not challenging nor rewarding... and I usually just buy low valued weapons from the shop and that's enough to filter out the good mods for future fusions.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    I do exactly what you said. I find it so much effort to pass on all these mods and all that so I use the weapons I get/fuse.

Also how do I change the mods I pass over? I could have made a 5.5/2.5 Viridi Palm and I want Shot Range +3 but it wouldn't pass on? I took out the game card and put it back in but the same mods would be passed over... Is it luck on what mods get passed over or can I change it?
    You'd probably have to get different fusion material. If I can't get the mod I want to pass over, I get another weapon that may accept it. This is why it's easier to use value 100 weapons to take specific mods so that you don't get any of that useless crap like poison +1.

I took out the game card and put it back in but the same mods would be passed over...
    Come back to the light side.
    I claim Larvitar!

Poison +1 can be useful...

Yeah but when you eventually fuse them to get the mods, the result will fail as you've fused it with a 100 value weapon?

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    You'd probably have to get different fusion material. If I can't get the mod I want to pass over, I get another weapon that may accept it. This is why it's easier to use value 100 weapons to take specific mods so that you don't get any of that useless crap like poison +1.
    From my experience it's easier to filter out mods from higher valued weapons than trying to find low level weapons with specific mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Come back to the light side.
    The cookie monster will not let him go back!
    But seriously, that cartridge ejecting is so good: if a fusion went wrong, then you can go back and start over without losing hours of work. If mods don't pass over then you will need a new weapon as a fusion partner, but at least no need to repeat the process of getting the other weapon.

(... and pulling the cart out after a failed 9.0 run saves your bucks)

Jay, Poison sucks :P

Yeah but it already says what the mods will be before fusing. If I eject the card and put it back in, the mods that will be transferred over are still the same?

Poison rules! Shh.

Poison +1 can be useful...

Yeah but when you eventually fuse them to get the mods, the result will fail as you've fused it with a 100 value weapon?
    Um, this is hard to explain

This is an example, don't think I used real data. Say you wanted a 6/0 weapon with +3 homing:

value 287 4/0 weapon with +3 homing and useless **** + value100weapon = value 158 2/0 weapon with homing +3 ONLY

(100v + 100v = 120v 1/0) + (100v + 100v = 120v 1/0) = 140v 3/0

140v 3/0 + 158v 2/0 with +3 homing = 179v 4/0 with +3 homing

etc etc

100v weapons can be interchanged with weapons with only stars in ranged that only carry over +3 homing and nothing else.

Sorry if it's too complicated, I'm not good at explaining. >.<
    I claim Larvitar!

And to add to Quake's explanation - prefer fusing ranged weapons together to get the first ranged half star on a weapon.

I get what Quake's saying but what I mean is that it didn't show that the Shot Range (in my case) wanted to be involved. How do I get it to fuse over or would I have had to get another weapons which would have allowed it to fuse over?

Get a new weapon with Shot range using Quake's explanation. You can't really help it if the mod doesn't want to pass.

I get what Quake's saying but what I mean is that it didn't show that the Shot Range (in my case) wanted to be involved. How do I get it to fuse over or would I have had to get another weapons which would have allowed it to fuse over?
    You have to fuse it with a different weapon. That's why it's good to keep some weapons and not fuse them away straight away. I learned this the hard way.
    I claim Larvitar!

Most of us started with fusing everything with everything disregarding modifiers(/stars). At some point I had a few weapons that I really didn't want to fuse away because of some modifiers... and that's how I also stopped fusing random with random to get random and now evaluate each fusion instead.

Thanks. After lots of explanation I know I have to keep all/most weapons I get! I do love having loads of weapons but if I see weapons which don't benefit me, I fuse/convert them away. But I'll be sure to keep them now!

You should definitely keep the ones that stars in only ranged or melee, especially when they have one or two attributes. Weapons with stars in both ranged/melee are usually useless, but I still keep them because I could fuse good claws/blades from them.

Yeah. I only usually keep ones that have high stars or maybe 2+ stars and good mods.

Current progress on Lancer:

Razor Claws 2.5/0
    Shot Range+3
    Dash Ch. Shot+4

Dynamo Cannon 1/0
    Poison+1
    Speed+3
    Shot homing+2
    Evasion+1
    In peril autodoge+2

Nothing so far to solo out the Shot Homing D:
    But, i'm getting there. I was thinking this'd be harder, but it's pretty easy, to be honest :O
    3DS FC: 2363-5674-4491

~Pokemon Y Team~
    Dual Screen Klefki
    Physical Wall Togekiss
    Special Wall Dragalge
    Crippler Gallade
    Bulky Special Sweeper Mega Gardevoir
    Physical Sweeper Garchomp

Alright people, I would like to know if I should fuse this:
    Crusader Blade
    Ranged: ★★★★☆
    Melee: ★★★★★
    Value: 304 (a bit too high, but not too much)
    Stamina +1
    Melee dash attack +4
    Melee combo +4

For this I'm fusing some random Divine bow with my beloved Phoenix arm (that I haven't used since ages). My rational side says to fuse this, but I am quite attached to my Phoenix arm.

Any thoughts on Crusader blade? I know it has high shot cancellation and stuff, but I wonder if it will perform better than my Phoenix arm.
    Last edited by Escheria; 1st June 2012 at 9:58 PM.

Well in the Idol page, it says the Crusader Blades weight makes it a good weapon for melee.

I agree with this. I had one a while back and to me it was really good. I didnt even have a melee+ mod and took down 3 people with full health who were ganging up on me while I only had like half my health. It depends if you are a melee or range type person. The only reason i fused my away is because I dont like blades.

But its up to you. I remeber you kicking major arse with that phoenix arm though.
    The Graceful Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    Well in the Idol page, it says the Crusader Blades weight makes it a good weapon for melee.

I agree with this. I had one a while back and to me it was really good. I didnt even have a melee+ mod and took down 3 people with full health who were ganging up on me while I only had like half my health. It depends if you are a melee or range type person. The only reason i fused my away is because I dont like blades.

But its up to you. I remeber you kicking major arse with that phoenix arm though.
    A good melee weapon, eh? That is totally to my liking.
    As I said, my rational self says I should go for it. I have never used blades before, so I am a bit tentative. Trying to find a random Crusader blade to see if I like it. I am most likely going to fuse this, unless I won't like how the blade works.

And me kicking *** with that Phoenix arm is in the past - everyone has upgraded weapons and I can't keep up with them with this Phoenix arm - one more reason to fuse it away into something that looks like a good upgrade. Also everyone started using a lot of ranged weapons, that made me abandon the arm in the first place... and now a lot of you are using melee weapons, which are way better than my arm...

Thanks for your input, especially experience ^^

No problem.

I just got some ★/★★ Eyetrack Orbitors with Shot Range +3 and Dash Ch. Shot +3. I love them
    The Graceful Assassin

Oh my, keep those Eyetracks away from me. It might have not much power, but it sure has a high annoying factor.

I fused a 0/6 Lancer staff with Speed +4 recently and am amazed at how much it performs like a really good blade :O Formidable attack power on both spectrums and with Speed +4 it also runs at comparable speed

Never before have I seen a staff with 0 range and 6 melee. Well, except for a Knuckle Staff.
    The Graceful Assassin

Lancer staff has pretty good melee for a staff and I fused one randomly to have a weapon with speed and 6 stars in melee. I have a 5.5/4 Lancer staff for Solo and I am pretty impressed by it. And apparently, with 6 stars in melee it's melee dash attack deals a respectable 126 damage... without any additional modifiers. The melee combo is a bit more modest with 58 damage per two hits out of three, the second hit deals 28 damage.

EDIT: also decided to fuse that Crusader blade after all. Feels like a good weapon, except that it's a tad on the slow side.

EDIT2: Just remembered that my Phoenix arm is set as my current streetpass gem. I can get it back, yay
    Last edited by Escheria; 2nd June 2012 at 12:10 AM.

finally got tired of trying to make my perfectly ideal bear claws and just settled with an ok pair, so finally started playing online again. Did extremely well i think for not playing in so long D:

*credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff, Ex for team banner*

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    finally got tired of trying to make my perfectly ideal bear claws and just settled with an ok pair, so finally started playing online again. Did extremely well i think for not playing in so long D:
    Oh? Wanna post your Bear claws stats? I like to use these too and I am curious about yours ^^ Mine aren't perfect either, just lacking a few stars o.o;

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    Oh? Wanna post your Bear claws stats? I like to use these too and I am curious about yours ^^ Mine aren't perfect either, just lacking a few stars o.o;
    yeah hold on and i'll fetch them. My old ones werent all that good but i was doing well with them, so i wanted to get some better ones. I wasn't able to get atleast 5 stars in each range and melee, the melee combo perk, or a negative modifier, but I haven't played multiplayer in ages so i was just anxious to play again xD
    Edit:

Bear Claws
    Value:272
    Ranged:★★★★
    Melee:★★★★
    -Knockback Def. +1
    -Health +1
    -Shaking +1
    -Speed +2
    -Full-health boost+1

Like i said, not exactly what i wanted, but it'll have to do til i have the motivation to try and get a really good stat weapon. I know this pales in comparison to the kind of stuff you guys are getting (especially swd) but oh well. I got a good great reaper palm(lol, good great) online so that might be a good start for some fusing again.
    Last edited by Bestgamepearl; 1st June 2012 at 11:59 PM.

*credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff, Ex for team banner*

Page 130 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180230 ... LastLast