Page 209 of 260 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,225 of 6484

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

I'm not that great at optimizing weapons, but I have 5.5 Melee Cancer Claws that have a +4 Melee Dash Attack. It neat to do 230 damage just by running up and attacking.

BTW, for those that know, how to you create the large projections of some of the orbitars that I keep seeing online?

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    BTW, for those that know, how to you create the large projections of some of the orbitars that I keep seeing online?
    Backward-dash charge shots, I think is what you're talking about.

Centurion and Paw Pad have pretty obvious ones.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

I love the Ancient Staff

I had to settle for one that wasnt quite what I wanted, but still does the job.

Ancient Staff
    Range: ★★★★★★
    Melee: Nope
    Value 260

Shot Range +2
    Dash Charge Shot +2

Pretty damn slow, but people tend to gang up on me because of this which lets me get serious kills on them because the charge shots stay in place a while. The Backward Dash Charge Shot is the highlight of this weapon and the charge time for it isnt long at all.
    Last edited by Master Leo; 10th September 2012 at 2:48 AM.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Backward-dash charge shots, I think is what you're talking about.

Centurion and Paw Pad have pretty obvious ones.
    Oh, I never really messed with the orbitars, so I didn't know.

I noticed that I could make a combination for Guardian Orbitars.

It was something like +5 Health +4 Defense and +4 Backward Dash Charge shot, but the Bomber arm I could fuse with the Ninja Palm only gave it a yield of 3 Range Stars. My goal now is to get a better Bomber Arm to go with it.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

@Escheria: My favourite weapon is Beam Claws I always use them in every chaper since I fused my self when I was at chapter 5.

@a person:I do the same

I'm not very forgetfull I read though all the pages. How can you guys make so many weapons!
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

Quote Originally Posted by Fireray View Post
    @Escheria: My favourite weapon is Beam Claws I always use them in every chaper since I fused my self when I was at chapter 5.
    I've hadmy +4 speed Brawlers since very early in the game. I use them for a LOT of (low levelled) solo runs.

How can you guys make so many weapons!
    Trial and error while fusing weapons, playing the chapters a lot (especially on maximum difficulty), playing multiplayer a lot, weapon cloning via Streetpass...

@a person:I do the same
    The same what?

How can you guys make so many weapons!
    Basically, just saving every weapon I get that doesn't have bad mods and stars in both melee and ranged. I've got enough weapons that even random fuses can get pretty insane results.

i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    The same what?
    With the siggy.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524

Haha I only keep weapons I use. Also the only Laser Staff that I own is a 100v one that I have NEVER used. Is most stocked the most used or how many times you've owned that weapon?

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Today on Myth Busters: Kid Icarus Edition we have a very special myth to test today.

Myth: Using Status Powers are better than having Status modifiers on weapons.

The Testing: Here we have weapon A,
    Violet Palm
    Ranged: 6 stars
    Value: 301
    Confusion +4
    Shot range +3
    Standing Cont Fire +4
    Dash Cont Fire +4
    In Peril Attack boost -4

And Weapon B,

Violet Palm
    Ranged: 6 stars
    Value: 301
    Shot range +3
    Standing Cont Fire +4
    Dash Cont Fire +4
    In Peril Attack boost -4

with Weapon A, Confusion last 3 seconds for Standing Cont Fire without any more attacking, Standing Charged Shots last 5 seconds. (Something I noticed, the attack determines how long the effect lasts, don't know if this is true for all statuses.)

Using Confuse Attack Lv 3 on Weapon B, we find out that the Standing Cont Fire Confusion lasts 3 seconds and the Standing Charged Shots last 5 seconds.

We tested many times to make sure our results were correct.

Conclusion: Myth Busted! Using Status Powers doesn't inflict a longer lasting status on people, it inflicts the same status that last just as long as the Modifier inflicts.

Also, just because I decided to do the math about Petrification and Palms, here is what I got. Petrification lasts 6 seconds, I couldn't get to test accurately thanks to the Bots that carry Effect Recovery on all of them, so I'm using the Monoeye dummy instead. I did the numbers on full time for Standing Cont Fire, I'll only put up the ones that matter the most.

Spoiler:- The Palm Numbers:

Now, let's say you Petrified someone on the first shot of SCF with the Violet Palm that has normal defense, that would be (lets go min) 4.2 plus 121.8 which would be 126 damage in 3.5 seconds of his 6 seconds being Petrified, another full round of SCF would near finish him before got free, add in DCF and you can easily beat him before he can get free, factoring in the slight damage debuff that's added to online, the SCF would lose about 1 or so, so the damage would be 96, so you would be close to beating him in two goes, but the problem is that Petrification is activated by a certain number of damage you've done to someone, so they would be missing a 1/3, 1/2, or even 2/3s of their health before this even activates, a fighter's health is 222, so that would be 148, 111, or 74.

Freezing lasts 3.5 to 4 seconds by the way, and Confusion depends what attack you hit someone with, but the Standing and Dash Cont Fire you can renew time for the effect before it wears off the first time.
    Last edited by XD Mewtwo; 10th September 2012 at 8:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    Stop lol'ing at me

And about the signature weapon stuff, I dont think the Virdi Palm is my signature weapon. The Violet Palm I have now is the best weapon I have ever fused. You know...
    But the Viridi Palm is one of the most memorable weapons from you, along with the Angel Bow. They just keep on pissing me off xD The tribute weapons are those that I associate with a particular person, not necessarily it must be a signature weapon. I'd give Jay Fairy Orbitars if I did signature weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    Leo, I've discovered my raptors' weakness... YOUR raptors :[
    Are your Raptors the ones fused from Palutena's gems? If yes, I'll take your warning too.

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    I actually want to get rid of most of them, so I can have room for my gem weapons, but I can't let go of many of them, and I still need to find the highest modifiers for each one and single them out. Same for the Hearts from weapon gems, I'm waiting til I max out the space for them til I get rid of any, which is close to 20 now. The total game time, is actually inaccurate, the game log says I have 707:05 play time, and the game adds time even if its in sleep mode, so that's like 145:41 hours my 3DS was in sleep mode with the game still on. I haven't beaten Chapter 18 and 23 yet, I only had problems with the part when your in the room Hades punches at Pit, but I shouldn't have trouble now since I have stronger weapons, just the Heart would be the only problem. For 18, I died at the crawler tank, so I don't know if I would have trouble past this before Pit, but I know Pit will be hard. For the hearts, I used my Heart grinding Viridi Palm, with Heart Bonus +3 and Heart Booster lv 4 on chapter 20, but this is not close to what other people have gotten, here is the page from GameFAQs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/99776...ising/63755808
    I also keep most of my weapons and they slowly accumulate. I don't have problems getting rid of weapons, but instead of grinding, I fuse them. I realised it's not a good idea to keep fusion fodders with one or two modifiers only, so I fuse them together to have 2-3 mods and higher stars. With a higher value it's easier to pass on the modifiers.

My 3DS is on sleep mode almost all the time when I don't use it. Unlike you, I actually close the game.

100'000 hearts from chapter 11?! I'm so gonna try this out now, because chapter 11 is one of my favourites to play plus I am very good at it on 9.0.The first time I finished it on 9.0 was using a no-defense weapon, so I hope I'll do well with my heart farming Violet Palm

In chapter 23 I got past that part by a fluke. It's been a while since I did that chapter and I can only advise to use the cover as much as possible in that part. Also, in your power set include Quick Charge and Slip Shot for the heart, stay away from it as far away as your range allows and shoot him through walls. Another option would be using a club. Then you have no need for Slip Shot, but need a bit more skill to use it in that part where a lot of enemies spawn.

Chapter 18 is all about learning it by heart. If you have problems with Crawler, then I do have a good tip for you: do NOT let it kill all Centurions and then attack you. When there's one left, go attack the Crawler and kill it, the remaining centurion will be an easy prey. Past Crawler there's a hot spring and the hardest part of the chapter: Juggernaut, Centurions and Strongarms. You should kill the Juggernaut first by dodging your way behind it, then take care of the first Strongarm, kill the remaining Centurion and then another Strongarm that spawns after killing the flying Centurion. When you are behind the Juggernaut, mind that you have to dodge incoming arrows and stay not too close to the Juggernaut, or else a Strongarm can grab you. When Juggernaut is dead, you will be most likely grabbed by the Strongarm (it almost always happened to me) so make sure you have enough spare health left, after that things are easy. I don't know if you know this, but when killing Strongarms, spam your melee combo as much as possible because they can't grab you while you execute one.
    Chapter 18 was the last one I finished on 9.0 and it took me many, very many tries because of Pit's Body.

I love the Ancient Staff

I had to settle for one that wasnt quite what I wanted, but still does the job.

Ancient Staff
    Range: ★★★★★★
    Melee: Nope
    Value 260

Shot Range +2
    Dash Charge Shot +2

Pretty damn slow, but people tend to gang up on me because of this which lets me get serious kills on them because the charge shots stay in place a while. The Backward Dash Charge Shot is the highlight of this weapon and the charge time for it isnt long at all.
    Now, how about you show us it's might too! I wonder if I can counter it somehow

Riiight! Your Beam Claws!

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    Haha I only keep weapons I use. Also the only Laser Staff that I own is a 100v one that I have NEVER used. Is most stocked the most used or how many times you've owned that weapon?
    You should keep more weapons, they come handy in fusion ^^

EDIT: Oh darn it, another long post appeared while I typed this! Neo, I'll edit my reply in here after I am done reading.

Neo, I actually hoped you would test how long it would take to induce a status on opponent instead of how long the status lasts. It's a nice find that charged shots give a longer lasting confusion though ^^
    Last edited by Escheria; 10th September 2012 at 8:54 AM.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

From what I looked up and know from playing, Everything except Freezing, Petrification, Eggplant, and Tempura are random when they happen, sometimes I can go though a full SCF (30) from a Palm with Confusion +4 and not confuse either the Monoeye or Fighter dummies, but often due to the shot quantity from Palms, you can normally get anything status to inflict once, if not more. I know that Weakening has a lower chance than other status effects to occur, Poison and Burning seem to have the highest chance of inflicting with each shot. Confusion normally has a good chance of happening, but its not guaranteed. I can't say much on Paralysis, Shaking or Spinning, since I don't have anything good to use that has them, and I never used Spinning Attack.

With Freezing, Petrification, Eggplant, and Tempura these are inflicted when a certain amount of damage has been done to someone. Using Petrify Attack lv 3 with my 10 Star SCF/DCF Needle Palm, I pinpointed 180.9 total damage from any/all Ranged Attacks is needed to Petrify, and checking Melee, funny enough, 46.1 damage from Melee Combo, or 47 from Melee Dash Attack, so they always Petrify, and this is zero star damage for a Needle Palm. I did notice that up close the number needed changed on me, One SCS and one hit from Melee Combo or Dash Attack Petrify for some reason at 98.1 or 128.4 with MDA, and two SCS at point blank for 162.8, nothing else uses these numbers, everything else stays at 180.9 damage to Petrify. This something that requires just playing around with, just grab Freezing, Petrification, Eggplant, or Tempura at level 3 and try to figure out what the number of damage is the get the status. And this doesn't skip any or transfer to other people, I need to do 180.9 Ranged damage to the same guy to get the status, I don't know if this resets if they die and you didn't reach the number.

Yeah my sig weapon will probably be my Fairies. I've had them the longest and fused them away a few days ago to get a Viridi Palm

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    Yeah my sig weapon will probably be my Fairies. and fused them away a few days ago to get a Viridi Palm
    Loop 'em. Thats what I always do sometimes.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524

Loop? The mods from them didn't pass on so they won't be the same :'(

Looping Beam Claws.
    Taking 2 mods I need and a don't really care about the rest.
    Fuse as much as you can but feel the end coming soon.
    Get more weapons,if you don't have enough. Like it happend with me once.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524

Actually, upon further use, I figured out my Ancient Staff in far better in FFA than LvsD. Its still good in LvsD, its just takes a while to get to where everyone is because of my speed. Windy Wastelands is my Kryptonite with this staff.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Also anyone know why whenever I try to shoot someone, it hits them but does no damage? It's been doing it for a while and I lost tons of kills yesterday due to it.

Maybe because if a high shot def mod with Aries Amour or just a cheat!
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524

Brief Invincibility, Trade Off, or lag.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

I'll take lag. It wasn't due to a powerup because people were doing damage while my weapon was charging (The shot hadn't hit due to lag...).

So...

Anyone on? I have tomorrow off, but I have a crapton of homework for Am. Studs, so I can't guarantee anything.

Hello
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Hello
    You gotta play with me, man. I just did three LvD matches with the worst teammates imaginable. They literally stood by and watched as the other team triple-teamed my Pit. I had Ks of 7-3 and 4-1, and we lost by a wide margin.

Page 209 of 260 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast