Page 247 of 260 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,175 of 6484

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

I would've beat you guys long ago if I didn't lose my cartridge xD
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Hahaha you funny. I like you. I kill you last.
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Okay, so right now, I have the materials I need to make a set of Raptor Claws wiith the +4 melee combo modifier. How good would this be if the weapon had 3.5 stars?
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

hey guys, Im hosting a tourney between some freinds, any tips to make it all go smoothly? I think that I am gonna make the rooms, and have them not atack me, so I could make sure everything is fair.
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL ~ Kid Icarus club ~ Attack on Titan club ~ Xat New Leaf dream code: 4800 2561 7674

If your friends are honest just don't be in the matchs. If you have to be in it fuse the right weapons. If they are real life friends just look over their shoulder
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

Yeah surely you can trust them to say the right score? If one says they lose and the other says they won then it's likely to be true.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Quote Originally Posted by someonewhodied View Post
    Hahaha you funny. I like you. I kill you last.
    What, at the rate I posted when I played the game, I would've gotten a lot of posts. I'm 4th now and I haven't posted in this thread properly in like 4 months
    I claim Larvitar!

Well, PokeMaster366 here with both good news and bad news. The good news is that I got the Raptor Claws. The bad news is that they didn't turn out exactly as I hoped. Here are the stats.

Raptor Claws
    Ranged: 5
    Melee: 4.5

Modifiers:
    Evasion +2
    Melee combo +4
    Melee dash attack +2
    Heart bonus -3

I might try to just fuse this into a club. It doesn't have enough power to cinch the OHKO with the combo attack, but if the opponent stays down, I can always finish them with a charge shot. So, how does the weapon look anyway?

@Quake Me and Esch have basically been keeping this thread alive since you and others quit KI:U.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Don't be so sure, it's not like only you would get better :3

Quote Originally Posted by jonman721 View Post
    hey guys, Im hosting a tourney between some freinds, any tips to make it all go smoothly? I think that I am gonna make the rooms, and have them not atack me, so I could make sure everything is fair.
    Here's a tip: http://challonge.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Well, PokeMaster366 here with both good news and bad news. The good news is that I got the Raptor Claws. The bad news is that they didn't turn out exactly as I hoped. Here are the stats.

Raptor Claws
    Ranged: 5
    Melee: 4.5

Modifiers:
    Evasion +2
    Melee combo +4
    Melee dash attack +2
    Heart bonus -3

I might try to just fuse this into a club. It doesn't have enough power to cinch the OHKO with the combo attack, but if the opponent stays down, I can always finish them with a charge shot. So, how does the weapon look anyway?
    Club? Noooo, clubs are mainly ranged players, only Magnus and Ogre should go melee, and even then, Magnus is more effective as a ranged boy. I say keep it as claws since you have no speed boosting mod here. These Raptors look pretty good on their own :3 Try using this with Freeze attack so if you dont kill them with the combo, then they'll be frozen in place and you can get your last hits too.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    @Quake Me and Esch have basically been keeping this thread alive since you and others quit KI:U.
    Don't forget Leo :3
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    Club? Noooo, clubs are mainly ranged players, only Magnus and Ogre should go melee, and even then, Magnus is more effective as a ranged boy. I say keep it as claws since you have no speed boosting mod here. These Raptors look pretty good on their own :3 Try using this with Freeze attack so if you dont kill them with the combo, then they'll be frozen in place and you can get your last hits too.
    Would a Samurai Blade with the same mods and stars do more damage, or would I be better off with the Raptor Caws anyway because of the stars in Ranged attack? What would be your ideal Samurai Blade, anyway?

Edit:

Another quick question. Does anyone here alter their controls so that they can use and switch between powers with the D-Pad's left and right buttons. Personally, I like using it because it's easier for me to move forward and use powers without having to take my thumb off of the Circle Pad.
    Last edited by PokeMaster366; 5th December 2012 at 4:11 PM.

Oh yeah, can't forget Leo! :P

@PokeMaster366 I use the stylus to switch powers. I just slide it and click on the ones I want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    Oh yeah, can't forget Leo! :P

@PokeMaster366 I use the stylus to switch powers. I just slide it and click on the ones I want to use.
    I normally set my controls up to where I can switch with the left and right on the D-Pad while being able to activate my powers by pushing up on the D-Pad.

Would a Samurai Blade with the same mods and stars do more damage, or would I be better off with the Raptor Caws anyway because of the stars in Ranged attack? What would be your ideal Samurai Blade, anyway?
    Hmm, for damage questions please use this: http://tdnshumi.blogspot.ch/2012/07/...alculator.html (needs Java)

For your stats, Melee Combo will OHKO with 257 damage and Melee Dash Attack will fall short of OHKO with 209 damage. You'll be using combos anyway, since they're easier to get, so your OHKO Samurai Blade setup is complete.

However, Raptor Claws with the same stats will OHKO with Melee Combo too, dealing 244 damage and MDA does 170 damage.

Now, since both can OC(ombo)KO, the question is, whether do you want more speed (Raptors) or faster combo (Samurai). The thing is, if you are faster then approaching your enemies is easier, while a faster melee combo leaves no room for opponents to escape. Raptor Claws have a really slow melee combo, so people who know how could escape it before you deal your last, strongest blow.

As for ranged, neither of the weapons will be good in ranged combat, so you can completely ignore that. One thing is true, Samurai has a longer range than Raptors.

A minimal value OCKO Samurai setup is this:
    R:
    M: ★★★
    165v
    Melee Combo +4

Combo deals 224 damage at 7★, just barely over 222 to OCKO and this is the cheapest way of getting that done (185 for 0/6 MC+1). Slap on Lightweight to gain a speed boost or Tirelessness if you're more conservative.
    Optional mods to add: Running Speed, In-Peril Attack Boost -4
    * Running Speed gives you an extra kick in speed and makes approaching much easier, you'll be pretty fast with this, so you will have room for Super Armor or Aries to protect yourself.
    * In-Peril Attack Boost -4 will lower your value even lower to 144, making this a pretty dangerous thing that can OHKO and doesn't really care much about getting killed, since the value is super low.

This one would so awesome in LvsD :3 I like to add some utility mods if there's room, though.

If you're interested, this is my Samurai Blade setup:
    Samurai Blade
    R:
    M:★★★★★★
    227v

Speed +3
    Stamina +1
    Melee combo +4
    Status resistance -2

Edit:

Another quick question. Does anyone here alter their controls so that they can use and switch between powers with the D-Pad's left and right buttons. Personally, I like using it because it's easier for me to move forward and use powers without having to take my thumb off of the Circle Pad.
    I did, and also set D-Pad's UP to use the selected power too. I still don't find it very comfortable, but works good enough for three powers.

Well they both have their pros and cons. With the stylus, you have to look down from the action on the top screen to choose the power as (at least for me) otherwise I'll miss the power list. With the D-Pad you can't move while activating powers and it takes longer to scroll between them but it's much harder to miss the D-pad accidentally and if you know the order of your power list you don't have to look down.
    I use the D-Pad myself. Not being able to move isn't too bad when all powers have a few invincibility frames as you activate them and I can dodge if I'm quick enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Hmm, for damage questions please use this: http://tdnshumi.blogspot.ch/2012/07/...alculator.html (needs Java)

For your stats, Melee Combo will OHKO with 257 damage and Melee Dash Attack will fall short of OHKO with 209 damage. You'll be using combos anyway, since they're easier to get, so your OHKO Samurai Blade setup is complete.

However, Raptor Claws with the same stats will OHKO with Melee Combo too, dealing 244 damage and MDA does 170 damage.

Now, since both can OC(ombo)KO, the question is, whether do you want more speed (Raptors) or faster combo (Samurai). The thing is, if you are faster then approaching your enemies is easier, while a faster melee combo leaves no room for opponents to escape. Raptor Claws have a really slow melee combo, so people who know how could escape it before you deal your last, strongest blow.

As for ranged, neither of the weapons will be good in ranged combat, so you can completely ignore that. One thing is true, Samurai has a longer range than Raptors.

A minimal value OCKO Samurai setup is this:
    R:
    M: ★★★
    165v
    Melee Combo +4

Combo deals 224 damage at 7★, just barely over 222 to OCKO and this is the cheapest way of getting that done (185 for 0/6 MC+1). Slap on Lightweight to gain a speed boost or Tirelessness if you're more conservative.
    Optional mods to add: Running Speed, In-Peril Attack Boost -4
    * Running Speed gives you an extra kick in speed and makes approaching much easier, you'll be pretty fast with this, so you will have room for Super Armor or Aries to protect yourself.
    * In-Peril Attack Boost -4 will lower your value even lower to 144, making this a pretty dangerous thing that can OHKO and doesn't really care much about getting killed, since the value is super low.

This one would so awesome in LvsD :3 I like to add some utility mods if there's room, though.

If you're interested, this is my Samurai Blade setup:
    Samurai Blade
    R:
    M:★★★★★★
    227v

Speed +3
    Stamina +1
    Melee combo +4
    Status resistance -2

I did, and also set D-Pad's UP to use the selected power too. I still don't find it very comfortable, but works good enough for three powers.
    Someone sure spends a lot of time in the wi-fi room. Anyway, I can't seem to access the calculator, so it's very nice of you to display the calculations for me. They'll be great to know the next time I make another melee-specialized weapon. How does a "Weakened +4" modifier work?

@Pokemaster Weakening lowers the foes health into half for a limited time and there for all attacks on that person are doubled.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

Quote Originally Posted by Fireray View Post
    @Pokemaster Weakening lowers the foes health into half for a limited time and there for all attacks on that person are doubled.
    Is it any good for cinching OCKOes?

I would say its good for any weapon.
    The Chilly Academic

Someone sure spends a lot of time in the wi-fi room. Anyway, I can't seem to access the calculator, so it's very nice of you to display the calculations for me. They'll be great to know the next time I make another melee-specialized weapon. How does a "Weakened +4" modifier work?
    I just like to go into technical details for games I like a lot. There are people who way more knowledgeable about the game than me, for instance someonewhodied on this board.

Don't forget that calculations are different for each weapon, so you will have to check every weapon for it's OCKO range.

As for Weakening, it's pretty good to have on continuous fire weapons or those that can already inflict it to raise your chances. Note that status powers are generally better than modifiers, and the combination of them is very deadly :3

New brawlers:

0R
    6M
    297V

SD4
    Knockback Def4
    Melee Combo 4
    Speed 4
    DCS-2
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Quote Originally Posted by someonewhodied View Post
    New brawlers:

0R
    6M
    297V

SD4
    Knockback Def4
    Melee Combo 4
    Speed 4
    DCS-2
    No, I don't wanna face these Brawlers, lol.

Anyone here up for a few rounds of Light vs. Dark or something?

Anyone here up for a few rounds of Light vs. Dark or something?
    That was at nearly 1 AM my time. I'm not awake at these times during the week until Christmas, so wait till weekend :3

That was at nearly 1 AM my time. I'm not awake at these times during the week until Christmas, so wait till weekend :3
    Okay. I already registered your FC, and mine is in my sig now.

Page 247 of 260 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257 ... LastLast