Page 250 of 260 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 6484

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Ooooh esch can gemswap now.

Make these artilleries:

6R
    0M
    295V

WS4
    SCF4
    EffDuration4
    FHB6
    Heart Bonus3
    OD-4

And farm CH 20 over and over for amazing drops.
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Could do that since the very beginning, but I didn't manage to make such FHB/OD weapons until lately. I still think I am not ready to use the glass cannons. How do you rate my mod setup?

I love your Artilleries, wish I had them too, lol. I am content with my current farming Aurum Orbs, which I use to get hearts and don't care much about the loot anyway.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

well since its 300v, you could give it FHB5 instead and get an extra half star on there. Its only a tiny boost in damage but you never do too much damage.
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Quote Originally Posted by someonewhodied View Post
    well since its 300v, you could give it FHB5 instead and get an extra half star on there. Its only a tiny boost in damage but you never do too much damage.
    A permanent extra star is definitely better, however, I don't have FHB+5 mod >_<

I know it doesn't have a lot of merit in stars, but what do you think of the following as a defensive weapon?

Guardian Orbitars
    Value: 314
    Range: 4 Star
    Melee: 0 Star

Overall Defense +5
    Knockback Defense +2
    Health +4
    Backward-dash ch. shot +4

Edit: Added value.
    Last edited by Auraninja; 23rd December 2012 at 4:38 AM.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I know it doesn't have a lot of merit in stars, but what do you think of the following as a defensive weapon?

Guardian Orbitars
    Value: 314
    Range: 4 Star
    Melee: 0 Star

Overall Defense +5
    Knockback Defense +2
    Health +4
    Backward-dash ch. shot +4

Edit: Added value.
    314 is a lot of value, but I can see this being usable. Shame it has no Shot Range, because that will give you two extra hits per shield. Now, try Energy Charge to pump up your attacks, Reflect Barrier to save your EC in a pinch when a shield is not an option (for instance when it's not charged yet) and could also throw in Pisces Heal to even more survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    314 is a lot of value, but I can see this being usable. Shame it has no Shot Range, because that will give you two extra hits per shield. Now, try Energy Charge to pump up your attacks, Reflect Barrier to save your EC in a pinch when a shield is not an option (for instance when it's not charged yet) and could also throw in Pisces Heal to even more survivability.
    Thanks for the ideas for the power ups. Are you saying that lower value weapons are better because you can slap more bonuses on if you have a nullification deduction (i.e. Overall Defense -5)?

Also, this weapon was a result of a bought Ninja Palm fused with the Beam Claws, and the resulting Bomber Arm was fused back with the Ninja Palm. Gotta love streetpass abillity. The Ninja Palm had the desirable bonuses, and the Beam Claws help amp up the Range Stars (since the Palm was only 3.5 Range) and it gave me a better Bomber Arm to fuse with.

Cipher sent us to hell - but we're going even deeper - take back every Pokemon that we've lost!
    Wakin, I'm already a demon...
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Minus Mods help the stars and value. This is usually the way to a cool and powerful weapon.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

New weapon.

End-All Arm
    5.5/2, 301
    Stamina +2
    FD Ch. +4
    Standing Cont. +4

Love the homing on this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    Thanks for the ideas for the power ups. Are you saying that lower value weapons are better because you can slap more bonuses on if you have a nullification deduction (i.e. Overall Defense -5)?

Also, this weapon was a result of a bought Ninja Palm fused with the Beam Claws, and the resulting Bomber Arm was fused back with the Ninja Palm. Gotta love streetpass abillity. The Ninja Palm had the desirable bonuses, and the Beam Claws help amp up the Range Stars (since the Palm was only 3.5 Range) and it gave me a better Bomber Arm to fuse with.
    The thing is, it is really hard to pass higher value mods to weapons because you get only 10 points value bonus at most. OD+8 for instance costs 91 points of value and without a good negative mod nigh impossible to pass. Also, in multiplayer the value affects your score. You get points and lose points about the amount of your or opponents weapon value and in LvsD particularly, the life gauge drops by the value of your weapon if you are killed and higher value weps will drain it faster than low value.

Now, a little more detail on fusion if you'd like to know. When two weapons are fused, the game calculates the value of the new weapon by some unknown mechanism, I think it averages the values and adds up to 10 points bonus to it. Now, once the value is set it tries to find a combination of stars/mods that will be as close to that value as possible, it can be a little lower but never higher. Negative modifiers reduce the cost of the expensive modifiers to help them fit into the new weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    New weapon.

End-All Arm
    5.5/2, 301
    Stamina +2
    FD Ch. +4
    Standing Cont. +4

Love the homing on this thing.
    I like using the shots of my End-All Arm as protection, but mine is a melee variant :P

The thing is, it is really hard to pass higher value mods to weapons because you get only 10 points value bonus at most. OD+8 for instance costs 91 points of value and without a good negative mod nigh impossible to pass. Also, in multiplayer the value affects your score. You get points and lose points about the amount of your or opponents weapon value and in LvsD particularly, the life gauge drops by the value of your weapon if you are killed and higher value weps will drain it faster than low value.

Now, a little more detail on fusion if you'd like to know. When two weapons are fused, the game calculates the value of the new weapon by some unknown mechanism, I think it averages the values and adds up to 10 points bonus to it. Now, once the value is set it tries to find a combination of stars/mods that will be as close to that value as possible, it can be a little lower but never higher. Negative modifiers reduce the cost of the expensive modifiers to help them fit into the new weapon.
    Makes me wonder how much storage the program takes up :/

Got a new weapon. It actually stands decently in competitive matches.

Ninja Palm
    R:4
    M:2
    Overall Defense +4
    Petrification +4
    Running Speed +2
    Dash cont. Fire +2

It's useful if you're on the defense. You just tap a Quick Charge, do backflips w/ charged shots, and you'll either get some space or get a petrify on them half the time.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

That Ninja Palm looks pretty good, I'm sure it's on the high end of the value, but it has some defense to make it up. I bet you're fast as light and hitting fast too. Try energy charge to make it even stronger.

Hm, another nice weapon. I'm glad that I'm the one using it and not the one being hit with it.

Compact Arm
    5/0, 219
    Shot range +2
    Standing Cont. +4
    IPAB -3

I'm using the slipshot/autoreticle strategy, is that a good idea?

Hm, another nice weapon. I'm glad that I'm the one using it and not the one being hit with it.

Compact Arm
    5/0, 219
    Shot range +2
    Standing Cont. +4
    IPAB -3

I'm using the slipshot/autoreticle strategy, is that a good idea?
    Oh dear >_< I can beat this strategy but hell, this thing is annoying to face. Here are some tips to improve your game:
    * Forget about Autoreticle, the homing is already very good and you don't need this power on a homing weapon, also it screws you up close.
    * If you use Energy Charge with it, you will be killing things VERY fast.
    * Maybe use Reflect Barrier to defend yourself in a pinch or to keep that EC running longer.
    * You can also use Homing Boost, but I dunno if this is even necessary.
    * As an alternative to Reflect Barrier, you can use Lightweight to walk around the stage, avoid things and kill everything, like a boss.

And to be awesome with this Arm you don't even need Slip Shot, but for closed stages it will be a great advantage.

Oh dear >_< I can beat this strategy but hell, this thing is annoying to face. Here are some tips to improve your game:
    * Forget about Autoreticle, the homing is already very good and you don't need this power on a homing weapon, also it screws you up close.
    * If you use Energy Charge with it, you will be killing things VERY fast.
    * Maybe use Reflect Barrier to defend yourself in a pinch or to keep that EC running longer.
    * You can also use Homing Boost, but I dunno if this is even necessary.
    * As an alternative to Reflect Barrier, you can use Lightweight to walk around the stage, avoid things and kill everything, like a boss.

And to be awesome with this Arm you don't even need Slip Shot, but for closed stages it will be a great advantage.
    Hm, ok. The autoreticle/slipshot combo wasn't really working out. The strategy for that was to hide somewhere and just pretend that I'm using eyetracks :/ I think I'll go for E Charge and reflect barrier, and if I can fit it, Warp. I like Warp.

Out of curiosity, what counters to that set do I need to look out for?

Perhaps things that have high cancellation while high cont. fire (Midnight Palm?). I'm not sure if the Palm's cont. fire is quick enough to block it all.

And maybe Staff's and Bow's which have long range.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Oh yeah, I fought some guy with a 6/0 midnight palm with +4 dash ch. shot yesterday who kept getting about 6 kills more than me... The problem with the Compact Arm is that it's hard to dodge attacks when I'm using cont. fire.

True. Perhaps use Lightweight or Tirelessness (I'm not sure if Esch has said it)?

I just got 11 kills and 0 deaths with my end-all arm :3

Wow nice :P

Hm, ok. The autoreticle/slipshot combo wasn't really working out. The strategy for that was to hide somewhere and just pretend that I'm using eyetracks :/ I think I'll go for E Charge and reflect barrier, and if I can fit it, Warp. I like Warp.

Out of curiosity, what counters to that set do I need to look out for?
    * Most importantly Brawler Claws. Their Cont Fire has high cancellation and paired with some mean stuff it will beat the hell out of you.
    * Guardian Orbitars will setup shields to protect themselves and kill you with their cont fire.
    * Cannons have neat shots with high cancellation that will trap you, gotta watch out for them, but most cannon users on randoms are noobs :/
    * Opponents Reflect Barrier will screw you without Slip Shot. You will have to walk around it or shoot under/over it if you have a lot of homing, are close enough and under works only w/ SS.

* Most importantly Brawler Claws. Their Cont Fire has high cancellation and paired with some mean stuff it will beat the hell out of you.
    * Guardian Orbitars will setup shields to protect themselves and kill you with their cont fire.
    * Cannons have neat shots with high cancellation that will trap you, gotta watch out for them, but most cannon users on randoms are noobs :/
    * Opponents Reflect Barrier will screw you without Slip Shot. You will have to walk around it or shoot under/over it if you have a lot of homing, are close enough and under works only w/ SS.
    What's nice, though, is that I have a greater range than almost all of those!

Actually, no. Compact arm definitely has more range than Brawlers, but that's it, actually. But Brawlers don't care about that. As for Reflect Barrier users, that depends entirely on what they use.

And it's not really about the range, if you can move close to them faster than they run, then the range doesn't matter. Compact arm is pretty speedy, take advantage of that.

Did I mention they have +2 shot range? Because they do.

And yeah, I love the speed on it.

Guardian Orbs have major range. Way more than a Compact Arm. Cannons do too, as Esch stated.

Standing Cont. Fire Brawler Claws with Shot Cancellation will eat your Compact's Cont. Fire alive. I dont really see you having much trouble with Cannons, except for Doom and Leo.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Page 250 of 260 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254 ... LastLast