Page 13 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    FALSE. My GameStop closed for the night.
    Same here but it's March 23!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Went to Walmart no shipments yet.

5 hours and 51 more minutes xD. I should get some sleep.

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

I'm absolutely delighted with the game and addicted to the online mode!

I should say I was convinced the game would be enjoyable after watching some of the staff videos released by Nintendo, but I wasn't expecting to get this hooked. I can't remember how long it has been since I've found myself this interested in a videogame. Probably since the first Advance Wars game for the GBA or, at some extent, Civilization V.

Some random things that I've noticed in my first hours with the game:
    -visually, the game is considerably better looking than what the videos make believe, specially when you turn the 3D mode on
    -playing online on free-for-all (deathmatch) mode is actually quite enjoyable. I was convinced the team mode would be the only one worth playing. The way I see it, team play is where you go for tactical battles, focusing on your skills rather than the weapons (the penalty for those who use high leveled weapons encourages the use of basic ones), where the free-for-all mode is where you can freely use the uber weapons you found/ bought/ created offline without any kind of restrictions
    -team battles could use some sort of communication method between the players of a same team. It takes a good amount of coordination for a team to be successful, from the type of weapons and perks chosen to the player's strategy on the field. I can safely say a team with 3 players that are all using powerful weapons of similar nature will, most of the times, lose against a team with lower leveled weapons that complement each other. Also, good coordination when defending the angel is key. All of this could greatly benefit from a way to communicate with the other players.

All in all, I'm tempted to say this is one of the must-buy titles for the 3DS right now.
    3DS 4382-2401-9157 | Miiverse, X-Box Live, Steam, Apple Game Center: Realinho

Just wondering... Is it released in Europe today?
        Spoiler:- My latest challenge:

Quote Originally Posted by 7 tyranitars View Post
    Just wondering... Is it released in Europe today?
    Yep, it was release today.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I haven't done the multiplayer yet. I'm doing solo mode redoing chapters at higher intensity for better weapons.

Well, it's out! Tried looking for multiplayer footage on youtube and nothing yet...oh well. Club nintendo also said my cards were shipped and it seems like a lot of ppl go them today so yea

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

I did one round of Light v Dark and it went really fast. My team(Light) destroyed the other team. I got some pretty sick claws too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I did one round of Light v Dark and it went really fast. My team(Light) destroyed the other team. I got some pretty sick claws too.
    Nice. Multiplayer seems like a real keeper for this one

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Alright. I got my game and my 3D Classics code (which is in my receipt). I'm going to go set myself up.

Picked this up today. Played a bit of the 3D classic KI. Gonna play some Uprising when I get home so I can tell BGP to buy it

Interesting, interesting. Pretty fun, but I have no idea how to do anything yet lol. First thing I did was multiplayer and my team got clobbered super quick in light vs dark. I then played chapter 1 of single player to get a feel for the controls and all. After completing it, I felt like a true hero and decided to take on free for all. I got a "defeated" sign twice during that game so I guess I killed two people? I dunno, it was crazy out there, I didn't know what was going on lol. In the end, I was pretty shocked as I came in 1st. Anyways, good stuff.

On a random note, I could have sworn the AR cards were in a booster pack type of plastic and not a clear plastic. Or am I thinking of something completely different?

Why not talk about the cards we got? I got a Pit, a Palutena, a Dark Pit, a Megaeye, a three headed dragon thing, and a basic blade. I also have the power of flight from Game Informer and I have the 3 Club Nintendo cards on the way

Yeah, the action is pretty frantic when playing online for the first time. Things can get so frenetic you'll find yourself mashing the buttons like you're playing Smash Bros. on steroids. Some people might feel overwhelmed by this so my advice is: get acquainted with the ground controls playing the story mode first and, when you're feeling ready to take it online, choose a long range weapon and avoid getting in the front line, where the action is more chaotic.

And yes, my AR cards also came in a booster pack type of wrap, like TCGs. I felt some nostalgia opening it, from when I used to buy Magic the Gathering cards when I was younger. It would actualy be nice if these cards had more utilities. I got Pit (does everyone get him? Lol), Magnus, and four weapons.
    3DS 4382-2401-9157 | Miiverse, X-Box Live, Steam, Apple Game Center: Realinho

I'm loving this game so far. It's so chaotic, even in Solo mode... wow.

Myself, I got the three headed Hewdraw, Pit, Medusa (Queen of the Underworld), Palutena, an Ore Club, and a Monoeye (didn't realize that was their name)

I haven't gotten my Club Nintendo cards yet... Hopefully it'll be here tomorrow.

Best Buy has the game for 29.99! I'll order it online later!
    Want to read an epic reinactment of a series that needs more love? Click the userbar! As of 3/16/13, Chapter 50 is up!

Credit to Trickster44 for the userbar!

Alright, after playing up to level 4, I have a hang of the controls now and can aim like a pro. I won a bunch of free for alls, it was super fun. If it had voice chat it woulda been even better. Now I need to learn about how to use/change weapons or how to use stuff I pick up etc. etc. cause I have no idea how to do any of that.

As for AR cards, with the game I got:
    -Pit
    -Paletuna
    -Magnus
    -Samurai Blade
    -Dark Lord Gaol
    -Monoeye

And with the pre-order pack I got:
    -Pit (Rally Cry)
    -Fortune Bow
    -Goddes of Calamity, Pandora

I just LOVE how chaotic this game is. The flight sections are just so wonderful, all the banter between Pit and Palutena can be very funny at times, and the bosses are something. I'm still not very used to groung combat yet, and I managed to kill just one measly person in online multiplayer. BTW, my hands tire out after a little while, but I can live with that.

As for the cards I got: Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Three-Headed Hewdraw (my favorite bosses!), the Tiger Claws, and a random Mik.

So it does seem like the card packs are indeed random

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignDude View Post
    Alright, after playing up to level 4, I have a hang of the controls now and can aim like a pro. I won a bunch of free for alls, it was super fun. If it had voice chat it woulda been even better. Now I need to learn about how to use/change weapons or how to use stuff I pick up etc. etc. cause I have no idea how to do any of that.

As for AR cards, with the game I got:
    -Pit
    -Paletuna
    -Magnus
    -Samurai Blade
    -Dark Lord Gaol
    -Monoeye
    To change weapons, go to the weapon thing in between missions, and then select a category, select a weapon, and choose Eqip
    And with the pre-order pack I got:
    -Pit (Rally Cry)
    -Fortune Bow
    -Goddes of Calamity, Pandora
    Huh, pandora? Might be some other boss. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    I just LOVE how chaotic this game is. The flight sections are just so wonderful, all the banter between Pit and Palutena can be very funny at times, and the bosses are something. I'm still not very used to groung combat yet, and I managed to kill just one measly person in online multiplayer. BTW, my hands tire out after a little while, but I can live with that.

As for the cards I got: Pit, Palutena, Medusa, Three-Headed Hewdraw (my favorite bosses!), the Tiger Claws, and a random Mik.
    Hewdraw, thus far, is the best boss ever. Their bickering was just fabulous.

I got Pit, Palutena, Dark Pit, Twinbellows the Ferocious, Stackjaw, and the Crusher Arm.

Hm, out of curiousity, do you lose pointsin Light v. Dark if you lose?

This is the freshest game I've played in a while. Still feels nothing like the original but who cares? The controls take time to get used to and the abundance of tutorials is amazing and helps a lot. The online mode is great but the inability to communicate with your team is a big let down. Even a bland radar solely pinpointing your teams location would have helped. Don't know if it's possible but maybe an update off the eShop with the radar and dual-stick shooting (would have really helped)? Speaking of dual-stick controls, I'm considering mastering the D-pad for aiming and the Circle Pad Pro for moving. The voice acting is solid. Long story short, it's great, pick it up!
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 24th March 2012 at 4:07 AM.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    This is the freshest game I've played in a while. Still feels nothing like the original but who cares? The controls take time to get used to and the abundance of tutorials is amazing and helps a lot. The online mode is great but the inability to communicate with your team is a big let down. Even a bland radar solely pinpointing your teams location would have helped. Don't know if it's possible but maybe an update off the eShop with the radar and dual-stick shooting (would have really helped)? Speaking of dual-stick controls, I'm considering mastering the D-pad for aiming and the Circle Pad Pro for moving. The voice acting is solid, Tara Strong and Johnny Yong Bosch steal the show with great performances as usual. Long story short, it's great, pick it up!

adds Pit to list of voices Johnny Yong Bosch does
    Uh, you do realize it's not them but rather Anthony Del Rio and (famous FFXIII VA) Ali Hillis? I'm thankful I don't have to tolerate JYB again.

Page 13 of 260 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast