Page 15 of 260 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I have yet to try any chapter higher than 6.0 intensity. The 2 strongest weapons I have currently I got from doing the multiplayer matches. One from the Light v. Dark and the other from first place in the free-for-all. They really make even higher intensity chapters a breeze.
    If that's so, I'll try to engage myself into online matches.

cool. a spot for kid icarus uprising! a tourney would be awesome. i pre-ordered it, so i creamed everyone online because they had gotten it later and had less practice. i got a venom sword with 287 from a online match. hope a tournament comes, official or not :]

Credit to lyrebird for the clan banner
    3DS FC: 3179-6246-5525

Part 2 of Palutena's Revolting Dinner is up on Nintendo Video. I really liked it lol

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Since I've been on Multiplayer online for the last 6 hours so I'll say what I've learned.

People can if they have a bad wifi connection warp all over the place, one person was everywhere, I couldn't hit them, or find out where they were, this person was all ways near the bottom of the rankings though. If someone gets disconnected their character will stand in place for the whole match, making it easy to get points for beating them. The match was I just in had 3 people who got disconnected and were easy targets, I would say more than one person stand around is a very rare occurrence.

Its rare but the game may lag when you die so you don't respawn automatically and it takes 10 or more seconds for you to respawn. If you die and after you vanish nothing happens, this is what I mean.

About Weapon values, the value of your weapon is the number of points someone gets if they beat you in Free for All. I can confirm this thanks to a newbie that was playing online. I attacked them first when the match started since I saw no else near me and got 109 points, then I ran the other way to check out the other side of the hill and the same person happened to respawn the way I went, I was going to ignore them, but they tried attacking me, and since I saw only one other person I decided to beat them again. (This is the same match with the 3 disconnected players standing around.) I got 109 points for beating them again, making my total score 218 at the time. After the match was over I checked the person's weapon and its value was 109.

Maybe it's just me but I did not really think about any of the players I played against were pros, I know one person that was online the time I was playing is a more experienced player, Tvor was their online name. This person was in the top 3 in every match, this person was pretty much guaranteed to be in First place if I wasn't. After several matches this person somehow find some way to block my attacks, it was like they had an invisible barrier around them, and sometimes when their barrier blocked my attack they would vanish, I don't know if they turned invisible or warped or what but this person would appear in a different spot trying to attack me. I don't think this person was using any powers to do these things, they were using the Somewhat Staff every time these things happened. This person did use different weapons and these things would only happen when they were using the Somewhat Staff. I mainly ignored this person after my attacks were being blocked, but I could still hurt them when they were busy fighting someone else, and I managed to beat them a few times even with my odds of doing any damage to this person were very low.
    Last edited by XD Mewtwo; 25th March 2012 at 3:47 AM.
    3DS FC: 2062-9321-2774

I had no clue what I was getting into when picking up this game. Until it was announced, I had never heard of Kid Icarus. This game has been great. I've never been a big fan on a game that relied heavily on the touch screen, but this game actually makes it rather enjoyable, although the Land controls are still a little off, and I'm sure that's mostly just on my part.
    The air battles are wild, fast paced, and just fun. It looks good, and has some decent humor, and for the first time, I'm really, really loving the online aspect of it.
    I'm pretty set on thinking that this game, thus far, is my favorite 3DS came. I'm sold; I'm a fan.

I also like the idea of a tournament, but I'm not sure that free-for-all matches are the best way to determine skill in a team match. Maybe it is, but I'm not sure, since I know I usually do much better in free-for-all than in Light vs. Dark. But that's just me, so I don't really know. Either way, I'd love to participate in a tournament!

Edit: Maybe one reason I don't do as well in L vs. D is that I usually play more defensively there and don't get as many kills. In free-for-all I use all-out offense for the most part.
    Last edited by samramz94; 25th March 2012 at 4:22 AM.
    Current White Team:
    Serperior - Abagoura - Zoroark - Shibirudon - Shandera - Ducklett (<- for surf and fly)
    8 Badges, beat the Elite 4, about to fight Zekrom

(It's taking me so long to beat this game; I'm so lazy...)

I finally finished!

Saw some matches on youtube. Pretty intense. I think i'll try to get it next week with my bday/xmas money, if not i'll just have to wait til around easter to get it

RIP Ice Grabbers
    Super Smash Bros. Melee - Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nana you're too smart for a 3DS.
    *credit to PurpleBlitz for drac stuff*

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    Since I've been on Multiplayer online for the last 6 hours so-
    You, sir, are not clearly a human.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    The tourney thing kind of gets thrown down the bridge once you realize the guy who brings the best weapon wins... Keywords: KIND OF.
    Not when the tournament ladder starts. I'd build teams based on the rankings in the free-for-all start. I'd balance teams by putting a strong, average, and weak on every team using their rankings to balance things out. Enough talk of the tournament, let's save that for another time.

Anyways, the game just trolled me. No, I'm talking about Kid Icarus: Uprising. Oh well, at least Sakurai did his research on mythology and put it to excellent use.

Another note worth mentioning, glad the lip movements were changed for the English release. The games where they don't change this is just weird.

Anyways, what's everyone's favourite weapon type? A specific weapon?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I only did two chapters, and already I have 36 check boxes. In case people didn't know, the 120 check box grid came from Kirby's Air Ride, or at least that was the oldest Sakurai game I saw that had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Anyways, what's everyone's favourite weapon type? A specific weapon?
    I like the concept behind the Midnight palm.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

This game looks so awesome, I would buy it if I had a 3DS and more money. I have been watching many Youtube videos and I really want to play

This game shines brightly when it comes to the multiplayer. It's like playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but as a first or third person shooter. This game is amazing, and I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about it or simply has a 3DS.
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii! View Post
    This game looks so awesome, I would buy it if I had a 3DS and more money. I have been watching many Youtube videos and I really want to play
    Whatever you do, don't spoil the ending for yourself.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I have been playing this game for a while but I guess each chapter has a 'specific' weapon reward? Is this true? It's just because I want to hunt a specific weapon that I need. Thank you!

Are you talking the zodiac weapons? Or the intensity challenges? Or something completely different?
    I have claimed Joltik. Deal with it.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 5412 9894 6875
    XL Friend Code: 0189-9263-9995
    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icay4321 View Post
    Anyway, I'm hoping to get some StreetPass's tomorrow, as I'm going to the Madison farmer's market. I usually do, I think it's generally because of hipsters, though I have no way of PROVING that.
    You're getting streetpasses at a farmer's market. That's proof enough.
    Dream Address: 5100-2145-7596

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyle View Post
    I have been playing this game for a while but I guess each chapter has a 'specific' weapon reward? Is this true? It's just because I want to hunt a specific weapon that I need. Thank you!
    You get the weapon after your done the level. Also, higher intensity= better weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyle View Post
    As far as I'm aware there's zodiac weapons on each of the bottom (even numbered) levels. I've managed to find fuor so far (the first four).

Spoiler:- Weapons and Locations:

While I have yet to play online mode, I'm really enjoying the game so far. My favorite weapon at this time being the Taurus Arm very fun to use.

Question

im getting this game on easter so i wanted to know if the online is good and how the campaign is. also the box says nintendo network on it when you get it does your system update or not?
    I claim Mewugirom and ultimate Kyurem Credit by BrutakaBlazikin

3ds fc- 2664-2274-9834
    Pokemon White FC-0347-1829-1770

Clans
    KI:U- [в˛κ] born 2 kill
    MK7- [tAF] team AlphaFreeze

Can't wait till Pokémon X and Y

Quote Originally Posted by darkkyurem View Post
    im getting this game on easter so i wanted to know if the online is good and how the campaign is. also the box says nintendo network on it when you get it does your system update or not?
    there's a rumoured system update in the next few days that's suppossed to add an app for nintendo network. While it is a rumour, it sounds pretty possible.

RIP Ice Grabbers

also what are the different controls for this game?

3ds fc- 2664-2274-9834

Clans

Quote Originally Posted by darkkyurem View Post
    also what are the different controls for this game?
    You hold the ds in your hand, aim with the stylus, move with the control pad and shoot with L

Quote Originally Posted by pkmner View Post
    You hold the ds in your hand, aim with the stylus, move with the control pad and shoot with L
    I think he means the different variations...

RIP Ice Grabbers

yes i mean the different variations for the controls.

3ds fc- 2664-2274-9834

Clans

Quote Originally Posted by Bestgamepearl View Post
    I think he means the different variations...
    Then idk that

You can also choose to aim with the A, B, Y, and X buttons, and the attack, zoom, and power buttons can be changed to pretty much anything, depending on what your using to move and aim. If your a lefty, you can move with the A, B, Y, and X button and aim with the touch screen, d-pad, or circle pad.
    Current White Team:
    Serperior - Abagoura - Zoroark - Shibirudon - Shandera - Ducklett (<- for surf and fly)
    8 Badges, beat the Elite 4, about to fight Zekrom

(It's taking me so long to beat this game; I'm so lazy...)

I finally finished!

Page 15 of 260 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast