Page 172 of 260 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 6484

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Quote Originally Posted by pitty_pat View Post
    Hi, so I'm new here and I'm looking for advice on how to get better at this awesome game. I manage to do quite well on the random wifi (except when i become the angel in LvsD because I dont have that much experience with many weapons and they give me one I have no clue about lol) against the general (casual?) population. There are times though when I'm against someone who is clearly a pro, or in a room with everyone who is japanese, and I get completely destroyed. I have managed to clear all chapters on 7 difficulty and a few on 9, and I only have like 5 weapons that I use because they're really good (well for me) and I love using them. So I'm just wondering what is the best way to further improve my skills? And how do you guys get such awesome weapons with 6 stars and +4 mods, because I can usually only fuse them with one or the other? Also is there a guide somewhere that details the different attributes of the weapons?

Sorry this is really long and probably noobish, but I really love this game haha.
    Well, to get awesome weapons, you have to start with collecting all sorts of weapons. Keep every weapon with some interesting modifiers that also have stars in either range or melee. Also note that the mods should be on a weapon with corresponding stars, eg Melee Combo on a weapon with melee stars only. It is possible to get rid of stars in a category, but I would not bother doing that, because it can be very hard - I'm still trying to isolate Melee Combo -2 and Melee Dash Attack -2 from weapons that have some melee stars on them...
    Also collect any weapons that have no modifiers and either no stars or stars in one category, they are really useful! They can be fused together to make weapons with stars only and eventually be used to isolate good modifiers from worthless ones.

Once you have a bunch of weapons, start combining them into weapons that have two modifiers you like. Don't worry much about the stars, because they can always be gained afterwards. If you fuse a weapon with all modifiers you need with a boss weapon (for example Cragalanche Cannon, not all weapons named after bosses are boss weapons, though), then by fusing the result with the same or a different boss weapon (depends on your weapon) you will get the same weapon you started out with, but with more stars.

An example would be my Fairy Orbitars: I started out with 5 stars in range, then I fused it with Phosphora Bow to get a 5.5 star Fireworks cannon with all modifiers present, then fused with a Phosphora bow again and got 5.5 star Fairy Orbitars.

When collecting weapons, keep in mind that not only big buff modifiers are good, but also negative modifiers are worth collecting. Why? They make passing on multiple modifiers easier and lower the value of your weapon so that when you use your weapon and get killed, your opponent wont get a lot of points. You also get way more points killing an opponent with a higher value weapon. In LvsD, the team gauge lowers by the amount of your weapon value when you're defeated. And coupled with a negative modifier passing Overall Defence +8 is much easier than without.

Also, if you have a second 3DS or a friend with a 3DS, then you can speed up your fusions by cloning weapons, because then you can not only keep your ingredients, but also combine your old results into new weapons with same or new modifiers.

To improve your skills you simply have to play the game more often, play against different opponents, play with different weapons and find what suits you best.

TL;DR?
    -> Collect a ton of weapons with good mods and stars in one category and play the game a lot.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

:0 I never knew that boss weapon thing! Thanks! And by boss weapon, do you mean the last weapon in the weapons list? (Like how First blade and Tiger claws are first on the list?)

YOU ONLY HAVE 5 CHAPTERS LEFT -_-

Boss weapons are the weapons you unlock after beating bosses. Twinbellows Cannon is an example.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Anybody want to play today?

I'm down for either FFA or LvsD.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    :0 I never knew that boss weapon thing! Thanks! And by boss weapon, do you mean the last weapon in the weapons list? (Like how First blade and Tiger claws are first on the list?)
    Think of a kid icarus boss, then think of the boss as a weapon. There's your answer.
    I claim Larvitar!

Are Pandora Claws boss weapons? I didn't think they were unlocked after defeating Pandora.

@Leo I am able to go on. Not right now but maybe 30mins-1hour?

I GOT ICETRACKS!!!

Eyetrack orbs
    Range: 3.5
    Melee: 0
    Value: 298

Freezing+4
    Shot Range+3
    Shot Homing+3
    Speed+3
    Dash Charge Shot+4
    Health-4
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Also my lancer is my new signature weapon.

Oh jeebus. You're worse than those japanese.

What are the stats for your lancer? Mine is 5.5/.5 with +6 full health boost and some other things.

People go online tonight! Well now or soon. I'll be on soon.

Damn, those are some nice eyetracks...

But I do see that you always have a negative health or defense mod on your weapons. Do you use bumblebee or playing dead to make up for it?

I am going to open a LvsD room. Join at your leisure.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    Anybody want to play today?

I'm down for either FFA or LvsD.
    I could probably play. I don't know why but I seem to be getting worse and worse at kid icarus each day DX

3DS FC: 0130-1892-7047
    I'm Peng \( ゚◡゚)/

He definitely doesn't use playing dead. That would be pretty stupid. I have shot defense -2 on my main weapon but I just make do.
    I claim Larvitar!

i am pretty good at dodging so I rarely die in vs anyone.

vs friends is different though

My lancer is:
    Range: 5.5
    Melee: 0
    Value: 285

Shot Range 3
    Shot Homing 3
    Dash Charge 4
    Full Health Boost 6
    Overall Defense -4

You make so many deadly weapons...

Leo can tell you all about my lancer later =P

Which of these melee clubs looks better? I'm fusing some artillery claws for them

Ore club 1/6, 247
    Petrification +4
    2 useless +1s

Atlas club 0/6, 227
    Confusion +4
    2 useless +1s

Aurum club 0/6, 227
    Petrification +4
    2 useless +1s

Magnus club 2/5, forgot value
    Melee combo +4
    shot def +1
    useless +1

Which of these melee clubs looks better? I'm fusing some artillery claws for them

Ore club 1/6, 247
    Petrification +4
    2 useless +1s

Atlas club 0/6, 227
    Confusion +4
    2 useless +1s

Aurum club 0/6, 227
    Petrification +4
    2 useless +1s

Magnus club 2/5, forgot value
    Melee combo +4
    shot def +1
    useless +1
    If you want melee, wait till you can make an ogre club. It 1 combo kills at 4 stars no traits so yeah.

Also guys like my violent palm?

Are y'all in a different room? I was with Ethen and someone called sonic and I got 12/1...

EDIT: Aw, it's full.

awww yeah 0|2 =D

@Skyler SWD is right, the Ogre Club is REALLY good in melee. But if it's out of those only, I'd say the Magnus Club.

.-. Leo's entire team is spamming aries or trade off ,-,

I was enjoying those games until I had to leave. I was getting owned anyway...

SWD's Lancer staff is pretty good. It has just enough homing to go right around a corner and hit you. The bot on my team that turned into Dark Pit had no chance.

@SWD: I had to go melee on you guys. You and Peng kept using bows and staffs and that Brendon guy was using Eyetracks.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

YOU ONLY HAVE 5 CHAPTERS LEFT -_-
    Yeah, all weapons last in the list are 'boss weapons'. The reason they are special is because of how modulo arithmetic works. In a nutshell, when you fuse a weapon with a boss weapon, then you will preserve the weapon index and change the weapon type. With the Fairies example above, I have a weapon with index 5 and when I fuse it with Phosphora bow, then I get a cannon which is of the same index as Fairies, that is a Fireworks cannon. You don't have to use the same boss weapon to convert weapon types - you can use any boss weapon for that and this is the easiest way to do a fusion loop.
    In this weapon fusion FAQ there's a list of fusion loops for each weapon type: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997768-k...ing/faqs/64051
    If you pick a boss weapon for each corresponding category, you are guaranteed to end up with the same weapon you started.

And, well, yes, only 5 left to go. And I am pretty sure I can beat three of them if I try again a few times, since I've beaten them all on 8.0 already. I have no clue how am I going to conquer chapter 18 and 24 <_>

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitarquake View Post
    Think of a kid icarus boss, then think of the boss as a weapon. There's your answer.
    Not necessarily - Twinbellows Cannon is not a boss weapon but is unlocked after defeating Ch 1.

@Jay: Pandora claws is a boss weapon and is unlocked after defeating her, you just don't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by someonewhodied View Post
    Also my lancer is my new signature weapon.
    I like Lancer Staff as well and I hoped to make a decent pair sometime ^^ My signature weapon must be my Fairy Orbitars now
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

Page 172 of 260 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222 ... LastLast