Page 245 of 260 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 6484

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    It seems that skilled players are only seen at random times. I finished several Free for All matches and placed 1st twice. Mainly getting 2nd and 3rd at the other matches. Got 5th once though, mainly due that as***** with his lagging cannon. But I think the real threats are Russians, Americans, and Japanese.
    Just like in every other (political) matter, lol. I havent seen any russians online though...
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

Hey, quick question. When you get a modifier that says something like "Health +1," does that mean that you recover more health from items than you usually do? I'm trying to find out for the sake of beating Chapter 25 (which I still think should have its 9.0 difficulty locked until the other chapters are beaten on 9.0 just so Nintendo could've put in a secret, secret message beyond the original secret message).
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Banner by: Skiyomi
    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

I always thought that Health +1 added a certain amount of health to what you currently have. IIRC, fighters have about 223ish HP.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    Hey, quick question. When you get a modifier that says something like "Health +1," does that mean that you recover more health from items than you usually do? I'm trying to find out for the sake of beating Chapter 25 (which I still think should have its 9.0 difficulty locked until the other chapters are beaten on 9.0 just so Nintendo could've put in a secret, secret message beyond the original secret message).
    Like Jay said, Health +X adds a percentage to your maximum HP. However, the more health you have, the less you will recover from items. I dunno if that also applies to recovery orbs, but things like Sushi, Meat will recover less health, since the amount they restore is fixed.

If you want to beat chapter 25 on 9, try to get a weapon with high Overall Defense instead, or even better, one that combines OD and Health, and has at least four stars in range.

I was just randomly playing through the Seafloor Palace (Chapter 7) on 9.0 intensity, and when I completed the intensity gate, I got this:

Eyetrack Orbitars
    Stars: 6 Ranged, 0 Melee
    Value: 321 (ouch!)

Modifiers:
    Shot Defense +1
    Paralysis +4
    Shot range +2
    Standing ch. shot +3 (sure wish it was Dash ch. shot)
    Bkwd-dash cont. fire +2
    In-peril autododge +2

There's a few bad modifiers there, but I really like the paralysis (it's hard to dodge an attack that chases you when you can't even build up the speed to run away from it). Where did everyone go, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    I stink at both LsvD and FFA since I dont have weapons that are efficient at killing not any good supports, plus my concentration sucks. My strength is 1vs1 battles where I can concentrate on a single goal :3
    What's everyone's percent win in FFA and LvsD? (ffa should be under 50%, most likely.)
    Obviously you divide the wins over total games, which can be found in Records.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    Exactly the same here I suck at FFA badly.
    I stink at both LsvD and FFA since I dont have weapons that are efficient at killing not any good supports, plus my concentration sucks. My strength is 1vs1 battles where I can concentrate on a single goal :3
    A bit of a very slow reply for something a few days old, but I find FFA easier than playing Light vs Dark, for one, certain weapons and power setups lose a bit of strength in FFA in effectiveness compared to being used in Light vs Dark, mainly due to there being 5 targets instead of 3. Here's a tip, Standing Cont Fire is king in FFA, preferably from a Palm.

Escheria, are you using mainly Charge Shots or Cont Fire from whatever weapons you use? If you use mainly Charge Shots, have you tried using Standing and Dash Cont Fire to see if that suits you better? The main advantages of Cont Fire are shot quantity, and no waiting for charge times for using another charge shot. Dash Cont Fire is more important in Light vs Dark for getting kills faster, but Standing Cont Fire is king for finishing off a near death fighter or angel. In Free for All Standing Cont Fire is more important for stealing kills from others, and getting any low health players, more range really helps with this, which is why I like and score the best with the Violet and Needle Palms.

For having a weapon that is efficient, you really should try an Aurum Blade, nothing screams efficient like hitting someone with a 10 Star Dash Charge Shot, then immediately following up with a 10 Star Dash Cont Fire, either killing them or nearly killing them. (Watch out for someone with In Peril Autododge and Dodge Token, you can't do anything to them with an Aurum Blade except lock them in dodging with Standing Cont Fire.)

Well my brain's fried, I don't know to get the calculator to turn my stats into Percents, and I need to get back to finishing the Main Story so I can get to work on the postgame in Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle, so here's a rough estimate, my total L vs D Matches played is 5013, I won 4157 of them, so my win percentage is roughly 83-84%, and my total FFA Matches played is 2170, I won 1520 of them, so my win percentage roughly 68%.

I had an interesting start in a Light vs Dark match in Starlight Observatory several days ago, before I even moved before Start appeared on the screen I heard someone on the other team used the jump pad in the center hallway, after I used Transparency, I turned to look down the hallway, and a claw user was waiting right at the corner, and another one was a little ways back from the other one, I would of been mauled if I didn't use Transparency, both of my team mates went into the other room instead of going for the hallway, both claws user didn't know what hit, confused, and killed them before both my Transparencies wore off.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    What's everyone's percent win in FFA and LvsD? (ffa should be under 50%, most likely.)
    Obviously you divide the wins over total games, which can be found in Records.
    I'll edit my score in here later, lol, it's probably rather small especially after playing with gamefaqs guys.

I was just randomly playing through the Seafloor Palace (Chapter 7) on 9.0 intensity, and when I completed the intensity gate, I got this:

Eyetrack Orbitars
    Stars: 6 Ranged, 0 Melee
    Value: 321 (ouch!)

Modifiers:
    Shot Defense +1
    Paralysis +4
    Shot range +2
    Standing ch. shot +3 (sure wish it was Dash ch. shot)
    Bkwd-dash cont. fire +2
    In-peril autododge +2

There's a few bad modifiers there, but I really like the paralysis (it's hard to dodge an attack that chases you when you can't even build up the speed to run away from it). Where did everyone go, anyway?
    Eyetrack Orbitars are hard to avoid already without Paralysis. If you max out the homing, you can shoot two waves or eyes that will kill an opponent if they don't know how to deal with Eyetracks, which is simply cancelling out the shots with cont fire or something. Your weapon has waaaay too high value to be fully usable, which is a shame. If I met you with that weapon in multi you would be my first target for two reasons: value and the fact that you're using Eyetracks, lol.

By the way, me Master Leo, Fireray(he's less active) and PokeTrainerJay are hanging out with people from gamefaqs, since there's muuuch less activity here than there used to be. We're all in the clan Angel Strikers and we go to their chatroom pretty often. Also sometimes playing with Midnight Knights and Sky Kings :3

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    A bit of a very slow reply for something a few days old, but I find FFA easier than playing Light vs Dark, for one, certain weapons and power setups lose a bit of strength in FFA in effectiveness compared to being used in Light vs Dark, mainly due to there being 5 targets instead of 3. Here's a tip, Standing Cont Fire is king in FFA, preferably from a Palm.

Escheria, are you using mainly Charge Shots or Cont Fire from whatever weapons you use? If you use mainly Charge Shots, have you tried using Standing and Dash Cont Fire to see if that suits you better? The main advantages of Cont Fire are shot quantity, and no waiting for charge times for using another charge shot. Dash Cont Fire is more important in Light vs Dark for getting kills faster, but Standing Cont Fire is king for finishing off a near death fighter or angel. In Free for All Standing Cont Fire is more important for stealing kills from others, and getting any low health players, more range really helps with this, which is why I like and score the best with the Violet and Needle Palms.

For having a weapon that is efficient, you really should try an Aurum Blade, nothing screams efficient like hitting someone with a 10 Star Dash Charge Shot, then immediately following up with a 10 Star Dash Cont Fire, either killing them or nearly killing them. (Watch out for someone with In Peril Autododge and Dodge Token, you can't do anything to them with an Aurum Blade except lock them in dodging with Standing Cont Fire.)
    Yeah, the message is quite a late reply and I dont rage about things as much, lol. Actually I have found the root of my problems, which is dodging. I am just not really good at it :< I am now starting getting the hang of it and some other things. At the moment while I am perfecting my dodging I am using weapons that somehow mitigate this problem, for instance defenses. I also noticed that I perform worst with purely DCS based weapons so I am trying to work on that. I have a few DCF, SCF and one SCS based weapons, so I have tried out most strategies in various environments. That Aurum Blade suggestion is actually good, I'll try to make a combined DCS DCF one instead of separate :3

Lately I've been using an Ancient staff a lot. It hits really hard and aiming is not really a concern. The only problem is the speed. I dont really mind being slow, I try to dodge as much as I can, but crossing long distances is annoying. using Super Speed and Warp for that matter :<. It's huge area of shot cancellation is also advantageous against cont fire guys :3 And since it's a staff, I can OHKO people trapped in the shots (my Ancient doesnt OHKO, but it's not max stars either :< ). First time I tried it in FFA I just won every match I played, lol.

Playing with people from gamefaqs does me pretty good, I pick up some good habits, but also annoying because I'm still owned often.
    Last edited by Escheria; 26th November 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Ugh I always get owned when playing with them >.<

So about 3 days till I get my 3ds back
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Neo, join AS. You dont have to be super active (Jay hardly ever comes on chat lol) and there are lots of cool and tough people there.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

I don't know about joining a clan, but it seems that putting AS in your online name is not a requirement, and with my mom hogging the computer all the time playing Mafia Wars on Facebook, I don't get anytime to do much of anything internet wise, and since I finally broke down and started playing Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle, to work on what I was going to do in the Wii version, before I accidentally saved over my 140 hours of gameplay with a new game I was starting over a year ago. I'm really kind of overwhelmed with all the new games I have, the games I want to play first and the most are all the ones that I can put in over 200-300 or more hours and still have plenty of things to do.

I don't have a gamefaqs account and I'm not sure about making one, what do I have to do to join? Right now I just have games I want to play more than this, though I've not put this game away to not play for a very long time yet, I need to watch that video that someone on gamefaqs put up for how to get the most hearts possible in Chapter 20, because I put off heart farming really badly, playing online is what I do for heart farming, though its just enough to cover for the next weapon I fuse, and I'm kind of out ideas on what to fuse next for something quick I can fuse with what I have.

You dont need a gamefaqs account to join as long as you get access to our Chatzy: http://www.chatzy.com/28499572118627
    For that you need an account and once you have it, tell me what username do you use so that I can notify other mods/admin to let you in when you want a tryout.
    It is easier if you do have a gamefaqs account because then you can post in the AS thread and organize a tryout without going to chat.
    We're not hurrying you to join, but it would be really nice to have you in our ranks ^_^

And till then just follow Leo or me to the LvsD matches with AS/SK/MnK guys.

By the way, farm chapter 11 instead of 20. In a single run you can get 120k hearts. While Atma beat me to making the first heart farming video, I prefer ch11 and want to record (somehow) myself farming that one :3

@Leo I'm quite active :P I just totally forget about the chat >.<

Hi, i just made a account :3
    I don't like to fight, however, if it's for my friends, i'll be there.

Prize, my man . Welcome to SPPF.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by PЯЇzЭ View Post
    Hi, i just made a account :3
    Welcome, Prize!

This thread shall not die! :3

Hi Prize
    @Esch this thread will never die.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

Hey Prize, good to see you here

Now revive this thread!

I'm going to play KI:U more now that I got bored of my other games.
    Too stupid I'm going to get a new 3DS for Christmas
    How about some games Jay?
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524

I can't right now as I'll be having dinner soon. If you come on the AS chat, I usually check it in around 4-5 hours.

My time is 8pm. So I won't play at that in 4 hours . There is a blade master tourny going on right where I'm going to battle SWD now.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524

So fireray, when are you available to battle? I am free any time sunday. (8AM through 8PM pacific time)
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

You dont need a gamefaqs account to join as long as you get access to our Chatzy: http://www.chatzy.com/28499572118627
    For that you need an account and once you have it, tell me what username do you use so that I can notify other mods/admin to let you in when you want a tryout.
    It is easier if you do have a gamefaqs account because then you can post in the AS thread and organize a tryout without going to chat.
    We're not hurrying you to join, but it would be really nice to have you in our ranks ^_^

And till then just follow Leo or me to the LvsD matches with AS/SK/MnK guys.

By the way, farm chapter 11 instead of 20. In a single run you can get 120k hearts. While Atma beat me to making the first heart farming video, I prefer ch11 and want to record (somehow) myself farming that one :3
    Are you sure you don't mean Chapter 12? With the Heart Boost power alone, I was able to get over 40K hearts on 9.0 before dying to a Mimicutie.

Are you sure you don't mean Chapter 12? With the Heart Boost power alone, I was able to get over 40K hearts on 9.0 before dying to a Mimicutie.
    Yes, I mean chapter 11 and with HB+3 and Heart Booster lvl4 you get ~120'000 hearts per run. I haven't tried chapter 12 for farming, but I really dont like that it has a TON of enemy ambushes and there's simply not enough uses of Instant Death Attack. In Ch11 I always have a spare use I should utilize. By the way, I do not kill two of the three Jitterthugs in that chapter, so if I also had Effect Duration +4 I'd probably get to 125k hearts.

I like ch11 because it's pretty easy to farm with a decent weapon.

Page 245 of 260 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast