Page 254 of 260 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258 ... LastLast
Results 6,326 to 6,350 of 6484

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler 99 View Post
    It's incredibly absurd. I can't get past the 15th one on Normal.
    *THANK YOU*! I myself have beaten BB Normal. BB Hard is just... *WHY*? Project Sora should have gone with 8 drinks (average of 3 bosses per drink). Even 6 would have been much saner (average of 4). 5 is simply too few. And if you're going to have bosses fight at full form, MAKE BLOODY SURE THEY'RE WELL DESIGNED! Let's take a look at past HAL games' takes on Boss Battles:
    -Kirby's Adventure: no healing, but only Meta Knight and Nightmare Orb should truly threaten you
    -Kirby Super Star (ORIGINAL): 5 max healing items for 19 bosses, the 19 bosses are painfully fragile and have to put up with abilities, potential for Co-Op; the remake increases the healing amount
    -Kirby's Dream Land 3: no healing, but I have a no damage run of this game's boss rush up on YouTube anyway
    -Kirby and the Amazing Mirror: 4 max healing items for 12 bosses, abilities are even stronger
    -Kirby Super Star Ultra, True Arena: 5 minor healing items (effectively 1 max healing) for 10 bosses, but abilities still tear through the bosses
    -Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 3 max healing items for 10 bosses who are all watered down from in Subspace Emissary
    -Kirby's Return to Dream Land: 3 max healing items and 3 minor healing items for 15 bosses who have reduced HP and are doable enough on a minimalist run (I PROVE THAT VERY FAST IN FACT)

I'm missing a few, sue me. But I doubt any of the ones I don't mention are as bad as KIU's take on a Boss Battles mode. Seriously, why is it sickeningly long for having bad boss design. I do minimalist runs of other HAL game BBs, yet KIU's Boss Battles NORMAL is enough to force me to avoid holding back, because there's no chance I can get through it otherwise. KIU's Boss Battles Hard should have been renamed to Boss Battles Makes-Lunatic-PLUS-Look-Tame. If you need an inherently broken mod to go from struggling to get even halfway to making it look like a joke, then it has a VERY nasty case of Character Select Forcing. And past the halfway point are where all the stupid bosses (Pit's Body, Chariot Master, Hades' Heart, Great Sacred Treasure, to name a few) are too, so practicing against THOSE requires excessive dedication.

So far the furthest I've gotten is Pit's Body, lost there because I was horribly out of practice fighting that boss, but I have beaten him on 9.0, I beat all chapters on 9.0

As for advice, you need a strong offensive weapon because then you will waste as little time killing them as possible, leaving yourself with less opportunities to get hit. Of course, any defensive add on is a bonus. I also suggest that you use the Artillery claws for this challenge. I know it's been said all the time but believe me, Artillery claws really are one of the best and easiest weapons to use in BB Hard. And lastly, learn to dodge their attacks, that will give you more survival chances than just tanking. This will take time to master (I myself know all the patterns by now but I still have troubles sometimes) but I'm sure you can do it Make sure you have evasion on the weapon to make dodging a little easier, especially Dark Pits arrows.

Here are my Arts for BB Hard:
    R: 4.5
    M: 0.5
    311v
    Shot Defense +4
    Health +4
    Evasion +3
    With the ranged stars these already have a good damage output so I have all mods dedicated to defense. I do have to admit that even more firepower wouldn't hurt but I can't really complain about this weapon since it was a very lucky fuse (from another lucky fuse).

And yes, I do agree that it's a really difficult challenge, but that's what kept me playing KI:U apart from Multiplayer. :3
    Last edited by Escheria; 9th April 2013 at 11:06 AM.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

I agree. 7 potions would prolly be enough. Or at least would make it a lot better. Plus it's not that fun anymore, when I'm always worrying about whether I'm gonna make it or not with such low HP.... but that's just me. I made it to boss 24 on Normal. =/ Boss 24!!

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar

I support Fly High Forums. Check it out.
        Spoiler:

As sad as it is, the furthest I've ever gotten in Boss Rush Hard was the Phoenix (and usually I get my butt handed to me by Hewdraw Reborn or Dark Pit). I've beaten both Easy and Normal modes numerous times with ease, using my 6R DCS+4 Aurum Orbies. I use Trade-Off against the last boss, to mow it down and have that handy invincibility + speed.

Sig by my girlfriend. <3
    3DS: 3566 1678 7442 (Mankey, Throh, Tyrogue) | Skype: IllusionistMidnite
    Breedable Vivillon Patterns: Polar, Ocean, Savanna
    Claims: Fennekin (Pokémon), Pit - Kid Icarus (Videogame character) | SSB4 Potential Mains: Pit, Mega Man, Palutena, Greninja | ♪ Air Man

Honestly, people, try getting Arty claws for Boss Rush, a good offensive setup kills bosses REALLY fast Takes a while to adjust to their playstyle, but it's worth it.

I've also gotten really far with staves, Lancer in particular. I got all the way up to Aurum Core, where I couldn't afford losing any time and needed to kill the thing asap, which is tough with a Staff (but not impossible). I've also got to Phosphora with a Flintlock Staff, which up to 3HKOs bosses with my setup. When using Staves in BBH, one really needs some extra stamina either as Tirelessness or Stamina+ for the Thanatos fight....

If anyone needs tips on how to beat a particular boss, here's an intensity 9.0 guide from GameFaqs: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997768-k...ing/faqs/66341

When did MKDH get an account on Serebii?
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

@Esch: I used to have Arty Claws with SR+3 and Speed+4, but I accidentally fused them away, losing them AND the Wolf Claws I told you about a while back. :< I was pretty sad, needless to say. My Aurum Orbs have been alright for now, though, but I do miss those Arties. However, I still need to finish more chapters on 9.0 before I try tackling Boss Rush again. xD
    ... speaking of, I had a frustrating death in Ch4 9.0 not too long ago, when I tried to get past the Shemum Pot with the two Ornes around it. I tried to shoot a Shemum so it wouldn't attack me or knock me into an Orne, but I ended up going into the melee animation and ran straight into the Orne because of it. Ragenite was quite ragey when that happened.

EDIT: Wait, MKDH as in the Skyscraper Club guy?
    Last edited by Midnite♪; 10th April 2013 at 5:12 PM.

Sig by my girlfriend. <3
    3DS: 3566 1678 7442 (Mankey, Throh, Tyrogue) | Skype: IllusionistMidnite
    Breedable Vivillon Patterns: Polar, Ocean, Savanna
    Claims: Fennekin (Pokémon), Pit - Kid Icarus (Videogame character) | SSB4 Potential Mains: Pit, Mega Man, Palutena, Greninja | ♪ Air Man

Quote Originally Posted by ゾロア View Post
    @Esch: I used to have Arty Claws with SR+3 and Speed+4, but I accidentally fused them away, losing them AND the Wolf Claws I told you about a while back. :< I was pretty sad, needless to say. My Aurum Orbs have been alright for now, though, but I do miss those Arties. However, I still need to finish more chapters on 9.0 before I try tackling Boss Rush again. xD
    ... speaking of, I had a frustrating death in Ch4 9.0 not too long ago, when I tried to get past the Shemum Pot with the two Ornes around it. I tried to shoot a Shemum so it wouldn't attack me or knock me into an Orne, but I ended up going into the melee animation and ran straight into the Orne because of it. Ragenite was quite ragey when that happened.

EDIT: Wait, MKDH as in the Skyscraper Club guy?
    Darn, those cursed accidental fusions.

And I've had an annoying 9.0 death after I spent a long time trying to beat ch9, I was trying to kill the Eggplant Wizard while dodging Orne... Took so long that I lost my attention for a moment and dodged into Orne. I did not use Skyscraper club in that chapter again, that 30 minutes of hard work were just too painful to lose :P

And yeah, MKDH is that famous Skyscraper Club guy. Keep it easy and everything will be fine :3

♪grinding up weapon gems to get me some hearts♪
    ♪gonna make some cash s I gotta start♪

♪there's a comic convention coming I'm going too♪
    ♪so I just have to make some room♪

♪doing what I just said♪
    ♪all I have left are red and orange...

CURSES!

Jingles aside, let's see what we got. Need a good weapon for the main game, solo multiplayer, and team multiplayer (listed in that order). What do I have? These ones caught my eye...
        Spoiler:- Bullet Blade:
        Spoiler:- Crystal Bow:
        Spoiler:- Cutter Palm:
    And this little guy looks interesting...
        Spoiler:- Viper Blade:
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Para, keep the Cutter Palm and fuse it into a better range only weapon for a good wep in multiplayer.

For solo, mixed stars are ok. Just have fun with whatever wep you choose for solo.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    Para, keep the Cutter Palm and fuse it into a better range only weapon for a good wep in multiplayer.

For solo, mixed stars are ok. Just have fun with whatever wep you choose for solo.
    Okay, will do!

I really hope this game gets a sequel, I doubt it but I would love to see one on the Wii U (with buttons for dodging and locking on along with dual analog support). Enough fan-boying, to the grind!

This game better get a sequal, you don't revive a franchise after 23 years of absense and just let it die again for like ever.
    I expect something around 2015-2016 possibly.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!

Its already been confirmed that there wont be a sequel. Check like 20 pages back.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

So I use a Poseidon Cannon to see why it would be considered so bad.

*sees opponent a little distant from the shot explosion's center get sent flying by the shot explosion* ....wait. This thing has good splash radius? *sees same result happen again and again* Wow. This thing screams mage weapon. Makes sense considering what water tends to represent.

Me and ParaChomp are going to have a few matches when we're both free. Anyone wanna join?
    No, not sure if it's LvD or FFA yet.

Spoiler:

5026-4532-8476 is my FC.

I recommend using something like Skype for contacting me though. (My Skype ID is "mknightdh" if you're wondering.)
    Last edited by Master Knight DH; 12th April 2013 at 7:40 PM.

Going online guys if anyone wants to join, the lobby's open.

Master Night, are you the Staff master of MnK? It's just there's a guy on there with a similar name...

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Solpoke View Post
    Master Night, are you the Staff master of MnK? It's just there's a guy on there with a similar name...
    No, you are talking of the person who goes by name of StarGrox in GF, this guy here is MasterKnight78, MK78 or MKDH in short.

By the way, I have great news: my 3DS is fixed!!! Gonna pick it up tomorrow :3
    Last edited by Escheria; 13th April 2013 at 4:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Knight DH View Post
    5026-4532-8476 is my FC.

I recommend using something like Skype for contacting me though. (My Skype ID is "mknightdh" if you're wondering.)
    i'll add you, but i haven't really played much in the last few months. i might start playing more soon

3DS FC: 0130-1892-7047
    I'm Peng \( ゚◡゚)/

Ah, got my 3DS back and just played a few rounds with Midnite

I feel so rusty, lol, can't do dash arounds well any more and get too reckless at times. Well, I guess its time I polish that rust away

I haven't even touched this game in forever. Maybe after TSON on FE:A
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    No, you are talking of the person who goes by name of StarGrox in GF, this guy here is MasterKnight78, MK78 or MKDH in short.

By the way, I have great news: my 3DS is fixed!!! Gonna pick it up tomorrow :3
    What happened to your 3DS? D:

Also same, I haven't played it since I lost it a long, long time ago :'(
    I claim Larvitar!

The L button was broken.. and I couldnt really use my 3DS for over a month :/

Quote Originally Posted by Escheria View Post
    The L button was broken.. and I couldnt really use my 3DS for over a month :/
    Too much Uprising? So far my 3DS is fine, but the circle pad doesn't look like a perfect circle anymore.
    I claim Larvitar!

Page 254 of 260 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258 ... LastLast