Page 256 of 260 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260 LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,400 of 6484

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Congratulations Midnite! It's a beautiful weapon you crafted, have fun using it now ^^

EDIT: Is anyone still tracking the AR cards, they released a few new ones.
    http://ar.essh.co/decks/kid-icarus?wctstart=401
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

can someone rehost the new ones? I can't seem to get onto that page.

also trolololololol

Actually here:
    http://dumpt.com/img/files/4vwobm8uy9ug259j2tx7.jpg
    http://dumpt.com/img/files/velya2fvp224ul3beptj.jpg
    Last edited by someonewhodied; 7th May 2013 at 12:11 AM.
    3DS FC: 0044-2817-7751

Quote Originally Posted by someonewhodied View Post
    also trolololololol

I want that, except as a Divine Bow. ;w;

Sig by my girlfriend. <3
    3DS: 3566 1678 7442 (Mankey, Throh, Tyrogue) | Skype: IllusionistMidnite
    Breedable Vivillon Patterns: Polar, Ocean, Savanna
    Claims: Fennekin (Pokémon), Pit - Kid Icarus (Videogame character) | SSB4 Potential Mains: Pit, Mega Man, Palutena, Greninja | ♪ Air Man

Quote Originally Posted by ゾロア View Post
    I want that, except as a Divine Bow. ;w;
    I'm working towards them.
    My first one of that set was a meteor bow. I've since then gotten:

Rose staff
    Bomber Arm
    Ninja Palm
    Viridi Palm
    Twinbellows Cannon
    Aurum Blade
    Taurus Arm
    Guardian Orbs
    Tiger Claws

Getting Crusader Blade today

Those Guardians also sound very tempting.

Btw, random question (and mainly aimed at SWD), but outside of the obvious SR3/SH3, what mods should I run on a ranged Crusher Arm? I heard that one of its attacks loops, but I'm not sure which of them does and if it needs HB or not.

Sig by my girlfriend. <3
    3DS: 3566 1678 7442 (Mankey, Throh, Tyrogue) | Skype: IllusionistMidnite
    Breedable Vivillon Patterns: Polar, Ocean, Savanna
    Claims: Fennekin (Pokémon), Pit - Kid Icarus (Videogame character) | SSB4 Potential Mains: Pit, Mega Man, Palutena, Greninja | ♪ Air Man

It needs homing boost so run SR3, SH3, DCS4, Speed4, Effdur4, OD-4

And EC, LW, HB

http://imageshack.us/a/img37/2455/bbhardwon.jpg
    ....a Mech Armor idol.....a freaking idol...this is what I get for dealing with a 30 minute problem with a tough as nails boss demanding so many precious resources right at the end.

Okay, why is the reward for beating Boss Battles Hard a freaking idol that you most likely have by the point you even stand a chance of getting close? No, wait, why was this challenge completely absurd? I know, 9.0's difficulty name is "Nothing Harder!", but this game is designed with KIDS in mind. Otherwise, there would be more cursing than Hades' one instance, using the name of the place he lives in to begin with. Yet something the game expects me to handle within definite reason is something I had struggled to handle AT ALL. How in the **** does the game expect kids to handle this challenge? Boss Battles should have provided 8 drinks. Even 6 would have been much more sane. 5 is simply too few. At least then problems like Chariot Master's cheap hits would have been mitigated. But no, the game developers magically think that anybody with higher than a single digit IQ could possibly enjoy Boss Battles Hard the way they set it up.

Oh right, Evasion + is expected because it's needed. Yeah, well, here's the setup I used:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img832/9127/bbhardsetup.jpg
    See Evasion + there? I totally do. Oh wait, no I don't, because I didn't need that cheap stupidity. But that brings up another annoying issue: WHAT IS UP WITH SOME OF THE BOSS DESIGN?!?!? Great R(e)aper is a complete farce to fight with a club simply because of that damned instant hit laser, but every one of its top floor attacks isn't terribly hard to dodge with other weapon types anyway. Dark Pit is NO Meta Knight. All he does is shoot at you and shower your platform with arrows. He certainly doesn't force you to care about center control, just dodge and shoot. Pit's Body has NOTHING to do with your setup and everything to do with more dodge and react shenanigans exploiting the Darkness Bow's iffy shot speed. Hades' Heart's only truly threatening aspect is the anger reaction that is a pain to dodge even with the manipulation you can pull on it. And GST is such a pain to shake off that he requires MOST OF MY POWERS to deal with, and I get SO CLOSE TO DYING ANYWAY. There's probably more, but these are off the top of my head.

My point is that 90% of weapon types as a whole end up sucking in BB Hard. That is not good balance. And it's more aggravating when the remaining 10% has to have particular mods to not suck anyway. It is sheer luck that I had Side Charged +4 on a Ball Cannon. The problem is that they expect kids to have these "dream" weapons, putting up with the ever counterintuitive fusion system in the process, just to stand a chance, and then struggle to kill the bosses anyway. Why should the Ball Cannon, an inherent anti-armor weapon, need virtually capped anti-armor just to not suck in BB Hard? Again, I *BARELY* kill GST, and that's after 25 bosses of holding off on using anything but Health Recovery or avoiding using all 5 drinks before finally handling the damned fight.

Seriously, WHO DESIGNED BOSS BATTLES HARD THE WAY THEY DID?!?!?!?

(And yes, I'm X-posting this. Sue me.)

Do you really need to be posting here of all places? Anyway, for a semi short answer to your question, Boss Battles Hard is just that, a challenge, a hard one at that. One of the features of Kid Icarus: Uprising was the Fiend's Cauldron, with the ability to make the game easier or harder, what you want it at, Boss Battles Easy, Normal, and Hard reflect this for Boss Battles. As for why Boss Battles is structured the way it is, I think its more of an homage to Kirby: Super Star (SNES, DS) with it copying the way that game's Boss Battles is set up, or Sakurai just likes to reuse the same way he sets up Boss Battles in games.

Been on a fusing spree with new things to try, and heres what I got:

Spoiler:- New Weapons:

I'm not sure the Needle Palm was worth the time to make or not, hard to tell when Paralysis is inflicted online. Not sure what to think of the Viper Blade yet, need to test it online. I got the Cutter Palm I wanted for a long time, at least see how well it works online. Fortune Bow is great support for Light vs Dark, with the 100% Paralysis. Artillery Claws I need to try online, but they work well enough in nearby.

SSB Brawl had difficulty levels. I didn't see Boss Battles *INTENSE* (which even tells you that it's Harder Than Hard) being nearly as absurd there. You had only 3 full healing items there, but there were only 10 bosses, so that's 3 bosses per healing on average. Oh, and guess what? *NONE OF THE BOSSES HAD A PARTICULAR CHEAP FACTOR TO THEM TO MAKE THEM CONSISTENTLY AGGRAVATING*! Maybe late Duon or late Porky, but the other bosses weren't the nightmare to beat efficiently enough that some of the bosses in KIU are.

I don't mind the bosses in KIU's BB mode not being watered down. What I do mind is when the bosses are not only tedious (DARK PIT), but have ways of being consistently cheap (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, CHARIOT MASTER), when the last boss already forces you to have full health *AND* 2/3 of your powers left just to stand a chance.

Got a new 3DS!
    Anyone want re-register me for a KIU match?

I'm so rusty. =/
    I wish I didn't tire out! >.<
    Or... I could just equip Tirelessness. :-?
    Last edited by Top Skuttler; 9th June 2013 at 10:35 AM.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Solpoke View Post
    Got a new 3DS! =D
    Anyone want re-register me?
    Wrong place. Check here. Look around the forums and read the rules before you start posting next time.

Still can't finish chapter 13 on the hardest difficulty without death even with my +7 overall defence, 3.5 ranged, 3 melee Drill Arm.

Finished my cosplay but I didn't wear it at the convention as it was too cold out. Once I aren't lazy and upload it to DeviantART, I'll post a link. Speaking of cosplays and drills should I make one out of cardboard?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

You made a KI:U cosplay??? I really wanna see that

Try fusing that Drill Arm with the OD7 into some Arts.

Me too.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by ゾロア View Post
    After months of farming, fusing, distractions, eggplant-toed Mewbuus, and related endeavors, I finally did it!

Spoiler:- <3333 (Image warning):
    You mean... this thing is rare or something ? I got this weapon totally randomly while doing my first playthrough...
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by Papousse View Post
    You mean... this thing is rare or something ? I got this weapon totally randomly while doing my first playthrough...
    It's more about the modifiers and stats. The weapons are not unique, but their stats can vary wildly from one to the next.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Flintlock Staff: 3r. Not sure of melee or value. 270-something I believe. WS4, SCS4 and some unnecessary +1 mods.

Scorpio Staff: 4r 0.5m. 276v. DCS/SCS4, SR3, IPAB-4 and two unnecessary +1 mods
    Cutter Palm: 273v. 3r 1.5m. Freezing4, DCS4, SR/SH3 and OD-4.

Also, what's a Cookie Cutter? Is my Cutter Palm a Cookie Cutter?

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Solpoke View Post
    Flintlock Staff: 3r. Not sure of melee or value. 270-something I believe. WS4, SCS4 and some unnecessary +1 mods.

Scorpio Staff: 4r 0.5m. 276v. DCS/SCS4, SR3, IPAB-4 and two unnecessary +1 mods
    Cutter Palm: 273v. 3r 1.5m. Freezing4, DCS4, SR/SH3 and OD-4.

Also, what's a Cookie Cutter? Is my Cutter Palm a Cookie Cutter?
    Cookie Cutter refers to having a certain set of modifiers on a weapon, that normally just go for max range, homing and damage, like
    Shot Range +3
    Shot Homing +3
    Dash Charge Shot +4
    In Peril Attack Boost -4/Overall Defense -4,
    this set can work for a lot of weapons, and creates a standard set you can expect to see for weapons online other people are using, here are some other cookie cutter sets, I can't remember exact sets, but some include Effect Duration +4 and Full Health Boost +6 with Overall Defense -4 for more damage and to make their powers last longer. Here is a cookie cutter set for Cont Fire,

Shot Range +3
    Shot Homing +3 (optional, depends on the weapon though)
    Standing Cont Fire +4
    Dash Cont Fire +4
    In Peril Attack Boost -4

Though I don't ever see people using this set except me.

Your Cutter Palm looks Cookie Cutter, but it has Freezing +4 to make it stand out a bit, but it also has low Stars for Ranged, and it also Melee stars which are not needed for a ranged only weapon, but if this is an attempt to have a good weapon, it should work fine for you, provided you don't get hit too much.
    Last edited by XD Mewtwo; 15th July 2013 at 2:26 AM.

Anyone interested in a new KI:U clan called Skyward Warriors? Either way, here's the the link: http://us12.chatzy.com/67522651432197

Spoiler:

Does anyone even play this game anymore? I still enjoy it and hope for a Wii U Port/Sequel! I know it was announced that he wouldn't make anymore anytime soon, but we did get that oppertunity to Pre-Order KI:U Wii U on the German (?) Amazon, so it isn't entirely out of the question IMO!
    Too much water guys!

Quote Originally Posted by tomatohater View Post
    Does anyone even play this game anymore? I still enjoy it and hope for a Wii U Port/Sequel! I know it was announced that he wouldn't make anymore anytime soon, but we did get that oppertunity to Pre-Order KI:U Wii U on the German (?) Amazon, so it isn't entirely out of the question IMO!
    I play, from time to time, and I know a good deal of people who do as well
    3DS FC:4253-3982-7075 ~ MAL

I still play as well, working on the treasure hunt at the moment. The Magnus chapter on 9.0 is a bitch to beat, though. I have no idea how I'm going to do it.

I'm starting to replay the levels at 8.0-9.0 difficulty since i've been going at it mostly with 7.0-7.5 difficulty and I must say I've been really slacking because I haven't realized how reckless I am since the damage increase. I'm also enjoying the fact that chuggaconroy is doing a LP of it I missed some secret passages that he's showing.

miju o:

Special content coming to this game on either October or November according to Nintendo Direct.

Do you think that we might get some cool weapons?

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

I hope so!

3DS FC: 1693 1069 1732
    Dream Suite Address: 5300 - 2139 - 7204

Quote Originally Posted by Arcamenel View Post
    I hope so!
    All three games have a streetpass that I believe can also function as a spotpass, at least KI:U had that.

I see two possibilities, but not limited to two.

1. You get a spotpass via Nintendo Zone and get a weapon gem.
    2. You get a Special Mii that will send you the weapon gem.

So I believe it is all weapon gems we are dealing with, but I could be wrong about that.

Hoenn has disappointed.

P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

Page 256 of 260 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260 LastLast