Page 52 of 260 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 6484

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

3 Stars in melee get you around 200 damage with a melee dash attack you know^

I have discovered that I dont really like bows as they have a small amount of continuous fire and are a bit slow for my liking, what I really like are palms. I had a really good cutter palm at one point which i fused (stupidly) to make a blade whch I then fused into a ninja palm, which I dislike a bit, but it is my best weapon so...

I haven't really progressed past chapter 10 as I decided to try out online and got hooked on LvD.
    Last edited by The Joker.; 19th April 2012 at 11:32 PM.
    The most Superior Snivy. Left, good time here though. I loved this place.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Care to explain how or should I just replay the chapter that you're Magnus?
    It doesn't have much common with the general clubs, like the charged shots. It hits thrice instead of twice IIRC and excells at melee while the others don't do as well.

And it looks like a sword, in my opinion. If I didn't explain well enough, go play the damn level again and tell yourself what you learned.
    I claim Larvitar!

Quote Originally Posted by Superior Snivy View Post
    I have discovered that I dont really like bows as they have a small amount of continuous fire and are a bit slow for my liking, what I really like are palms. I had a really good cutter palm at one point which i fused (stupidly) to make a blade whch I then fused into a ninja palm, which I dislike a bit, but it is my best weapon so...

I haven't really progresses past chapter 10 as I decided to try out online and got hooked on LvD.
    Arms and Palms have come to me liking. But I'm currently using the stealth claws at a value of 229.

Haven't past chapter 10 yet? Be prepared for the Aurum, or the "Mysterious Invaders". That level proved a challenge to me, even at 2.9, I have to be honest I was still a total rookie then.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Shhh, don't tell him!

Once you get past chapter 10, it gets a bit easier for a few chapters. LvD is good prep for it, you could probably manage it on 3.5 first time around.

I personally like Arms, Bows, and Claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcario97 View Post
    Arms and Palms have come to me liking. But I'm currently using the stealth claws at a value of 229.

Haven't past chapter 10 yet? Be prepared for the Aurum, or the "Mysterious Invaders". That level proved a challenge to me, even at 2.9, I have to be honest I was still a total rookie then.
    Spoiler spoiler. :l
    I claim Larvitar!

Is there some sort of "tell" that hints to a boss's current health.
    Because these "Defeat <boss> in Crisis Mode" achievements are terrible when you can't tell how close a boss is to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Is there some sort of "tell" that hints to a boss's current health.
    Because these "Defeat <boss> in Crisis Mode" achievements are terrible when you can't tell how close a boss is to death.
    Apparently, they flash black briefly when they're close to die.

Oh, and if you're doing that, Brief Invincibility is a good power.

I don't know if the Great Reaper has one, but if he does, it only takes one hit in the face to kill him. Thanatos will transform into his regular form as his last form. You could also induce Crisis mode by using Trade-off. Yeah, I know that's not helpful.

On a totally unrelated note, after using the Magnus Club on Magnus, I can honestly say that is the one of the awesomest crappy weapons in the game.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 20th April 2012 at 1:51 AM.

At least the Magnus Club is way better than Magnus' Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by wiiboychris View Post
    At least the Magnus Club is way better than Magnus' Sword.
    I've never died when using Magnus' Sword. It's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    I've never died when using Magnus' Sword. It's pretty good.
    His sucks! It doesn't have ranged charge shots.

I don't know if the Great Reaper has one, but if he does, it only takes one hit in the face to kill him. Thanatos will transform into his regular form as his last form. You could also induce Crisis mode by using Trade-off. Yeah, I know that's not helpful.

On a totally unrelated note, after using the Magnus Club on Magnus, I can honestly say that is the one of the awesomest crappy weapons in the game.
    Oh there's an ability to induce Crisis? That actually helps a fair deal, since the other issue I was having was getting to Crisis mode to kill the thing.

I don't believe the Reaper has a crisis achievement. It did have one for beating it with a club at level 5+ which is the worst thing in the universe.
    Also one with a cursed palm.

His sucks! It doesn't have ranged charge shots.
    Every player I've fought using one online has always won with a ridiculous Kill:death ratio and huge amounts of points. You just don't know how to use it.

Oh there's an ability to induce Crisis? That actually helps a fair deal, since the other issue I was having was getting to Crisis mode to kill the thing.
    Yeah, I just used it to beat Thanatos in Crisis Mode. It won't actually induce Crisis Mode and it'll make you invincible, though, so you have to take another hit or two to enter Crisis Mode. Then, Brief Invincibility and start whaling on him.

I don't believe the Reaper has a crisis achievement. It did have one for beating it with a club at level 5+ which is the worst thing in the universe.
    Also one with a cursed palm.
    Beat the game, then you'll see worst things in the universe.

Seriously, using a club against the Great Reaper is ludicrous, unless you're trying for the achievement.

EDIT: Wow, that actually wasn't so bad. I used the Babel Club, Intensity 5.0.
    Last edited by Excitable Boy; 20th April 2012 at 3:21 AM.

I agree with you on the people on wifi having a lot of kills with that sword. The lowest number of kills i have seen with it was 12 and only 1 death.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    I agree with you on the people on wifi having a lot of kills with that sword. The lowest number of kills i have seen with it was 12 and only 1 death.

Every player I've fought using one online has always won with a ridiculous Kill:death ratio and huge amounts of points. You just don't know how to use it.

Yeah, I just used it to beat Thanatos in Crisis Mode. It won't actually induce Crisis Mode and it'll make you invincible, though, so you have to take another hit or two to enter Crisis Mode. Then, Brief Invincibility and start whaling on him.

Beat the game, then you'll see worst things in the universe.

Seriously, using a club against the Great Reaper is ludicrous, unless you're trying for the achievement.

EDIT: Wow, that actually wasn't so bad. I used the Babel Club, Intensity 5.0.
    I actually just beat the game and am weeping silently at some of these challenges.

I dunno maybe it was the club I used but it was an awful experience. I just could not hit that blasted eye of his with my projectile.

I don't know if the Great Reaper has one, but if he does, it only takes one hit in the face to kill him.
    Can't...hit...when...on...floor...AUGH! Stupid Jump Pad!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I actually just beat the game and am weeping silently at some of these challenges.

I dunno maybe it was the club I used but it was an awful experience. I just could not hit that blasted eye of his with my projectile.
    Meh. I basically jump-padded to the top floor, and fought from there. By my approximately wild and rough guesstimation, I spent 3/4ths of the fight waiting for my charge shot to recharge, and 1/2 the fight watching it do its thing.

'Course, it only took like five charge shots, including the one that missed its head.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Can't...hit...when...on...floor...AUGH! Stupid Jump Pad!
    ...Jump up?

Unless you're trying to beat it without jumping, in which case just use a staff. There's no reward for it anyway.

Meh. I basically jump-padded to the top floor, and fought from there. By my approximately wild and rough guesstimation, I spent 3/4ths of the fight waiting for my charge shot to recharge, and 1/2 the fight watching it do its thing.

'Course, it only took like five charge shots, including the one that missed its head.

...Jump up?

Unless you're trying to beat it without jumping, in which case just use a staff. There's no reward for it anyway.
    Yes there is, there's an achievement for defeating the reaper without going to the second floor.
    I actually did that in the Boss Rush using the Viridi Palm but it didn't count because it wasn't the chapter proper, I suppose.

You're missing the point. On higher intensities, it's a hassle to use the FLAWED one you get to use during that special chapter...

Yes there is, there's an achievement for defeating the reaper without going to the second floor.
    That's why I said that if you're trying to beat it without jumping, use a staff, because there is a reason you would want to beat it without jumping.

Though not really, since you don't actually get anything for doing it.

You're missing the point. On higher intensities, it's a hassle to use the FLAWED one you get to use during that special chapter...
    I've only played that chapter on like 4.5, but yeah, it does suck.

You complete the picture... Besides use an Earthmaul Club to do that level.

Oh there's an ability to induce Crisis? That actually helps a fair deal, since the other issue I was having was getting to Crisis mode to kill the thing
    Trage-Off does not induce crisis mode, it lowers your health and ups all your stats. Use that time to hit the boss a few times, but be careful to not kill him. After Trade-Off wears off, it usually takes one hit to get into crisis mode and then you have a minute or so to kill the boss without taking a hit.

Again, it does not make you invincible, but ups your stats a LOT, so it's as good as invincibility.
    Primary 3DS FC: 3883-5608-5531 | Teddiursa, Minccino, Eevee
    Secondary 3DS FC: 4124-5580-5834 | Bibarel, Quagsire, Poliwhirl
    IGN: LISA for trades, Esch for battles

PM me for German Meadow pattern (HQ) Scatterbugs

THT SP count: 0 *sob*

Credits to Astral Shadow for the userbar!

People keep saying clubs are pro Online. Out of roughly 40 FFA matches and 70 LvD matches of sniping people into oblivion with a staff and generally getting about 5 more kills than any club user......yeah, no...

Unless i always get teamed up with weaklings Q.Q

Anyway, trying to get the perfect 6/6 Samurai Blade with at least Overall Def+5 and Health+4 for 9.0 runs.
    Currently at 5/4 Aurum Orbitars with Overall Def+4, Health+1 and a bunch of stuff i don't want. This'll take long.

Not sure what i'll use for online yet. Lancer staff is pretty awesome, but its shots are rather slow. Maybe i'll get a 6/0 Laser Staff with Shot Homing and Freezing. That, or 0/6 claws (not sure which ones. maybe pandora) with freezing and melee combo.
    3DS FC: 2363-5674-4491

~Pokemon Y Team~
    Dual Screen Klefki
    Physical Wall Togekiss
    Special Wall Dragalge
    Crippler Gallade
    Bulky Special Sweeper Mega Gardevoir
    Physical Sweeper Garchomp

Page 52 of 260 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast