Page 55 of 260 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 6484

Thread: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Quote Originally Posted by Tyr View Post
    Oh? You also get weapons by playing Nearby with bots?
    Yeah, otherwise I'd play online a lot more. I prefer to play nearby mode more though.
    I claim Larvitar!

Nearby gives more weapons as well so I might play with the bots o.o

Check Online Match Thread for anyone who wants to play tonight.

Credit to Neo Pikachu for the Weavile banner.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    Nearby gives more weapons as well so I might play with the bots o.o
    No, it's all down to luck I think. I get a lot more weapons online though. There might be different factors that affect if you get a weapon or not.
    I claim Larvitar!

Ah I seem to get more weapons when playing with people from here. I meant with Friends over Nearby as well.

I get weapons from Nearby against bots, but they've generally been weaker than the ones I get from playing online.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    I get weapons from Nearby against bots, but they've generally been weaker than the ones I get from playing online.
    Then you probably play crapper against bots. I wouldn't blame you, they are pretty challenging even at standard.
    I claim Larvitar!

Hurray. I unlocked all the weapons in the game... I have one of every type. Most of them are pretty sucky, though.

On chapter 9, do you have to use the 3 treasures? If so, how do you do the level without them.
    The Graceful Assassin

Credit to FairyWitch

Quote Originally Posted by Master Leo View Post
    On chapter 9, do you have to use the 3 treasures? If so, how do you do the level without them.
    Hint: Maybe that helmet icon on the chapter does something funny to it?

Hmmm.... I need help, which of these weapons should I make?

Tiger Claws

Range: 3.5
    Melee: 3

Poison +4
    Shot Homing +1
    Speed +2
    Full Health Boost +4
    Heart Bonus +2

or...

Ninja Palm

Range: 2
    Melee: 1.5

Knock back Defense +1
    Shot Range +3
    Speed +2
    Melee Combo +2
    Full Health Boost +4
    Heart Bonus +2

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Hmmm.... I need help, which of these weapons should I make?

Tiger Claws

Range: 3.5
    Melee: 3

Poison +4
    Shot Homing +1
    Speed +2
    Full Health Boost +4
    Heart Bonus +2

or...

Ninja Palm

Range: 2
    Melee: 1.5

Knock back Defense +1
    Shot Range +3
    Speed +2
    Melee Combo +2
    Full Health Boost +4
    Heart Bonus +2
    The claws. Aside from the obvious increase in base stats, the Poison effect is pretty good, along with the Full Health Boost and Heart Bonus that is on both. The extra stuff on the Ninja Palm probably isn't worth it.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Okay, thanks. I'll make the claws. I'll se what I can fuse after I make these Tiger Claws.

Ara he gave you bad advice, if it was a different type of claws(pandora or wolf) I would have said sure but if your gonna fuse them again I would go with ninja palm, plus if you were going to use them the palm would end up doing more damage and their is more versatility.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus7 View Post
    Ara he gave you bad advice
    Can't blame me for trying. I don't know everything about all the different weapons of same classes and their differences, I go by the stats I see. Eventually, it gets me the better fusions, I think.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Well, I ended up fusing the claws to make a decent Phoenix Arm, so I'm good for now.

I learned something interesting, Dash Charged Shot and Dash Continuous Fire both are weaker than having real stars in a stat. I heard that Speed is actually weaker than Walking speed, and running speed. I used the Cutter Palm to test this, I have one with 4 stars in Ranged and Dash Charged Shot +2 The forwards Dash Charged Shot did 133 damage, then I used my other one with 6 stars in Ranged and did 143 damage with the same attack. Unfortunately my Ninja Palm with 3.5 stars in Ranged and Dash Charged Shot +4 does more damage than a Ninja Palm with 6 stars in Ranged. The extra fake 1.5 stars make it stronger even though it has a lot of fake stars on it.

I was stuck playing against cheap Japanese people, all the other team cared about was beating up my team mate that was a 3DS in sleep mode, making them the angel, and getting a cheap win. I actually could solo them on my own, I pretty much was since that other person playing I had no clue what they were do.

It really is true that Playing Dead is broken, and how much it can occupy people. Two people on the other team were busy shooting at me while I stood there and was chipping their health away. One of them even used Mega Laser trying the hurt me. I was getting a lot of funny reactions to Playing Dead from Japanese people. Some used Black Hole, and some started spamming Darkness. I was almost a little too late with using Playing Dead, the other team completed Daybreak and fired instantly at me, I lost a little health then Playing Dead blocked the rest of the damage.

I'll add this here too, I read that weapons and powers are already being banned from tournaments you go to. One I heard about had banned people from using the Magnus Club for it supposedly being overpowered, but many people disagree with this.
    Last edited by XD Mewtwo; 22nd April 2012 at 8:36 AM.

I've never used the Magnus Club so I don't know if it's overpowered. There aren't really any powers that are overpowered either.

I know that the Magnus Club is either noob friendly, and or/is also experienced Player friendly. A lot of people that use it can easily get 1st place in Free for All. But I just laugh at them, if they don't have any speed boosts then they are stuck chasing me while I'm far ahead of them, knocking them down and taking big chucks of their health away. Their only dangerous if you let one get close to you. They can beat you easy with their melees or Charged Shots.

There was 3 powers that where banned, Trade Off, Pisces Heal and something else. Trade Off due to be invincible and doing a lot of damage to people, Pisces Heal due to 2 free chances to prevent dieing, and because it is a good idea to use it with Trade Off.

I also need to test this, the weapons you use with certain powers affect them. I use Invisible Shots lv 2, Transparency lv 2, Tirelessness lv 2, and Playing Dead lv 1. I get 1 free restock of each one when I die using the Ninja Palm, but when I was using the Phophora Bow yesterday when I playing with everyone I noticed that I was not regaining more uses when I died. So I was left powerless once I used them all.

This is too funny to pass up, someone got extremely unlucky and got stuck in a Light vs Dark room with all 5 of the other players with their 3DS in sleep mode. I wish I was that person.
    Last edited by XD Mewtwo; 22nd April 2012 at 10:40 AM.

I wish I was too. You'd have such a high score o.o

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Arceus493 View Post
    Well, I ended up fusing the claws to make a decent Phoenix Arm, so I'm good for now.
    I find it really hard to use the Phoenix arm, because it's continuous fire travels twice as far as the charge shot. Confuses me all the time.
    I claim Larvitar!

Last night I fused a Halo Club with 3/4.5 I think. I'm not sure about the modifiers but I love it. It isn't that bad in Melee but the charged shots are good. Whoever went on last night would have seen me use it too.

Quote Originally Posted by XD Mewtwo View Post
    I'll add this here too, I read that weapons and powers are already being banned from tournaments you go to. One I heard about had banned people from using the Magnus Club for it supposedly being overpowered, but many people disagree with this.
    The Magus club is pretty broken imo, I've seen good ones that can one shot people. Mine only has five stars in melee but the damage it rolls out is stupid 200+ in one melee combo, then add transparency and you have a great snipping weapon!

My Halo Club's charged shot does about 120 so that's pretty low compared to that Club. I may have to try get one sometime to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeTrainerJay View Post
    My Halo Club's charged shot does about 120 so that's pretty low compared to that Club. I may have to try get one sometime to try out.
    I've just checked the damage output of my Magus club, has 5 stars in Melee, 3 in ranged.

Forward dash charge shot: 176 damage
    Backward dash charge shot: 144 damage
    Melee combo; 1st hit: 99.8, 2nd: hit: 111.5, total: 211.3

Also this club has no power boosting modifiers, I can see how it is classed as 'Over-powered!'

Wow yes. It has strong charged shots and it's melee is even better.

Page 55 of 260 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast