Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 441

Thread: Cortoza's Recorded History

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,839

    Default Looking...for trouble!

    The Island
    Ignatius River
    LASL




    "Well, hello there little ones. Nice to meet you, Lass El, and nice to meet you Sparow. You have a very interesting name." the woman said as she shook your hand and tapped Sparow on the head, to which he coos to as he enjoys it. He looks a little tired from having to flap up to your shoulder, and you look a little shocked about the prospect of having to possibly somewhat go into the water. After the near drowning you had, you were not ready with a close encounter with the fear kind, and wanted nothing to do with the water. "And, it is only good manners that I give my name also. My name is Miranda. Miranda Hesson. I come from the Sinnoh Region from Eterna City. I am charmed to meet you, El, and I really hope that you find my adorable little Gulpin soon. I am concerned about him, he gets a little eclectic when he gets hungry." You were unsure what Miranda meant by the word, "eclectic", but it did not sound good at all. You call your little Sparow to the ground, and begin the hunt.

    You make sure the search the areas farthest away from the river, because you did not want to even have a chance to trip and fall into the river. You look and look around, but you find little that seems helpful. A candy wrapper, a water bottle, an Armor Fossil, a quarter...wait what? Oh wait, that was not an Armor Fossil silly, it just really looked like an Armor Fossil. XD. You slowly look closer and closer to the river, asking people whether they have seen a Gulpin or not. All of them answer in the negative, "No, we have not seen a Gulpin anywhere." It seems to become more and more clear that he is either somewhere in the water or on the other side of the river. As soon as your situation seems hopeless, you notice something rustle in the bushes behind you. You turn around, but you see nothing out of the ordinary. You remember that the Gulpin could probably disguise itself in the brush. You motion with you finger for your Sparow to go into the bush, but he seems a little too scared to. You understand, and slowly approach the bushes. you pull the grass back, and you find a Ralts in the bushes. It has tears in its eyes and immediately grabs your legs. You wonder what has this guy so flustered, and if it may have something to do with the Gulpin.

    What will you do?

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The land of Vegimite and AFL
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    The Island
    Ignatius River
    LASL




    "Well, hello there little ones. Nice to meet you, Lass El, and nice to meet you Sparow. You have a very interesting name." the woman said as she shook your hand and tapped Sparow on the head, to which he coos to as he enjoys it. He looks a little tired from having to flap up to your shoulder, and you look a little shocked about the prospect of having to possibly somewhat go into the water. After the near drowning you had, you were not ready with a close encounter with the fear kind, and wanted nothing to do with the water. "And, it is only good manners that I give my name also. My name is Miranda. Miranda Hesson. I come from the Sinnoh Region from Eterna City. I am charmed to meet you, El, and I really hope that you find my adorable little Gulpin soon. I am concerned about him, he gets a little eclectic when he gets hungry." You were unsure what Miranda meant by the word, "eclectic", but it did not sound good at all. You call your little Sparow to the ground, and begin the hunt.

    You make sure the search the areas farthest away from the river, because you did not want to even have a chance to trip and fall into the river. You look and look around, but you find little that seems helpful. A candy wrapper, a water bottle, an Armor Fossil, a quarter...wait what? Oh wait, that was not an Armor Fossil silly, it just really looked like an Armor Fossil. XD. You slowly look closer and closer to the river, asking people whether they have seen a Gulpin or not. All of them answer in the negative, "No, we have not seen a Gulpin anywhere." It seems to become more and more clear that he is either somewhere in the water or on the other side of the river. As soon as your situation seems hopeless, you notice something rustle in the bushes behind you. You turn around, but you see nothing out of the ordinary. You remember that the Gulpin could probably disguise itself in the brush. You motion with you finger for your Sparow to go into the bush, but he seems a little too scared to. You understand, and slowly approach the bushes. you pull the grass back, and you find a Ralts in the bushes. It has tears in its eyes and immediately grabs your legs. You wonder what has this guy so flustered, and if it may have something to do with the Gulpin.

    What will you do?
    Shh, Sparow's a girl!

    Lass El knelt down to the trembling Ralts, this was certainly one way to forget about the false-alarm fossil (what, fossils are cool!). Poor thing was awfully upset. She didn't know much about them as a pokemon. Psychic type and rather popular, native to Hoenn if she remembered correctly. It didn't matter really, it needed help and, well, wouldn't a psychic type be a good thing to be in the good graces of? But on the other hand, she was already helping someone else, she wasn't superwoma--

    Oh deity the Ralts was pulling the look-utterly-adorable trick now. It, he? She? Oh, that's annoying, maybe she could ask the pokemon, a psychic type should be able to-- focus, El! The Ralts was begging now, as if sobbing wasn't pitiful enough. Argh, she couldn't take it anymore. Sorry Miranda, the draw of the tiny helpless pokemon was unbelieveably strong. Turning around, she called out to her own (somewhat) tiny (somewhat) helpless pkemon. "Come on Sparow, it's safe, just a Ralts. Come and say hi." As Sparow tentatively hopped closer, El spoke to the Ralts, putting on her best soothing voice. "It's okay, Sparow and I are going to help you. Shh, shhh, there's no need to cry I promise everything will be alright." She gently stroked the Ralt's head as well as she could with those red things getting in the way. Sparow finaly approached, El making an open palmed gesture towards her. "See, this is Sparow, she's my friend. Now come on, what's bothering you? We can't help if we don't know."

    Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets


  3. #253
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Cortoza
    The Volcanic Island

    Floating serenely in the middle of the ocean, Cortoza is a secluded land mass which was once a beautiful and highly populated tropical island. Two hundred years ago a powerful oceanic earthquake resulted in a chain reaction of death and destruction as Cortoza's active volcanic mountains erupted in a series of cataclysmic explosions that churned out a spectacular display of ash, rock, and molten lava, and finally ending with Mt Fumi's stupendous paroxysmal eruption. All of Cortoza's vegetation was destroyed, while humans and Pokémon not fast enough to flee perished in the resulting destruction as the western end of the island collapsed beneath the sea, generating a series of devastating pyroclastic flows and immense tsunamis that ravaged adjacent coastlines. The events of that day marked the last 24 hours on earth for over 50,000 people and 300,000 Pokémon, as the wave of destruction flowed across hundreds of coastal villages and towns. For the next hundred years nobody dared approach the island due to the constant seismic activity and mini eruptions, but for the past several decades all has been quiet. Pokémon have returned, and with very few people drawn to the volcanic island, wildlife has been given the chance to thrive. Although wary, people are also beginning to venture to Cortoza again, some of the more opportunistic seeing this land as their chance to strike it rich due to its fast-booming tourism industry. Most are curious though, as the island has shown amazing regenerative qualities, and many are eager to explore and to witness the miraculous regrowth for themselves. The tropical jungle is flourishing once more, Pokémon have returned, and as far as everyone is aware most of Cortoza's volcanoes have been laying dormant for almost one hundred years.


    The Island
    The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

    Areas:
    Shale Beach: Shale Beach stretches around the outskirts of the island itself. Its sand is gritty and black, not at all the postcard picture you want to be sending home.
    Melissa shaded her eyes from the sun as she watched her Cydnaquil scamper happily along the beach. While she had wanted to head over to the Open Plain supposedly only a short hike up Mt. Fumi’s slope, Wildfire had immediately protested. He had loudly complained that she’d gotten to choose every single place they’d been to so far and that he wanted a chance to pick their destination. Especially after she’d made him go to a reservoir, of all things.

    The teen glanced around with a sigh. She had to admit he could have chosen worse places and at least the gritty, black sand was something interesting to see. She half-wondered whether the sand was made up of pieces of broken obsidian as she began following the little indentations her starter had left in the sand, quickly catching up to the Fire Pokemon who had stopped and waited to see whether Melissa would follow.

    “Cyn-da-quil. Quil, quil, cyn-da-quil,” he said, tapping her right leg and looking expectantly up at her. She looked down at him and then to the Pokeballs sitting at her waist.

    “You want me to bring out one of the others?” she returned, wanting to make sure she hadn’t misunderstood. He nodded. The teen shrugged and complied, pulling out another Pokeball and releasing a Misdreavus to float above the Cyndaquil. The young Ghost Pokemon let out a giggle, twirling in midair before she really took a look around their location.

    “Where are we?” she asked curiously, turning to look at the black sand underneath her.

    “Cynda-quil.”

    “Shale Beach?” she repeated. “Why?”

    “Because Wildfire chose the place.”

    “Oh.” The young ghost blinked blankly.

    Melissa continued, seeing Imp still looked blank. “Wildfire got to choose because I chose our destination the last few times and he wanted his turn.”

    “Ooooh.” Imp nodded comprehendingly. She then turned to Wildfire. “Let’s go explore, Wildfire!” The Misdreavus then floated off with the Cyndaquil following along sedately and Melissa bringing up the rear.


    EDIT: If/When Food Guy posts, I'd rather he get picked up first, if you don't mind.
    Last edited by myahoo; 29th September 2012 at 10:23 PM.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Just like to say hello everyone, my name is Blaze, although Joe is also good, and I am the new ZA at Cortoza Island. Welcome one and all to my updating fun show! So far, I am taking coolz8 and darksearchman, though, I have room for four more. Have fun!

    Mt. Senica
    Cinder Village

    Coolz8

    You try to find some Pokemon in the water by throwing rocks into the water. The rocks hit the water, dispelling the ash and showing the water's oddly clar nature. You think about how the murkiness must have only been an ash layer deep, and find bigger and bigger rocks to throw in the water. You clutch a rather large rock that makes you stagger, and go to throw it into the water, when a hand clutches your arm and squeezes it. You squeak from the mystery person's grip, and you turn your head back to see who this person is. He is a man, who easily has a foot or maybe even two over you and has a definite weight advantage. With a stubby beard and rather muscular arms, he reminds you a bit of a lumberjack. Behind him is a Golurk, a Pokemon who lurks(harharhar) over you. You are unsure which to be more afraid of.

    "Now listen here kid. You better pay attention and you better pay good too, because there is no refunds. Now, what is God's tarnation makes you think that throwing rocks into the hot spring was a good idea? People come into this hot spring all the time. Imagine if you hit one of them with one of these rocks. You could have hurt someone, hell, even killed them if you were an unlucky kid. What exactly were you planning on?" You tell him that you were just throwing the rocks to try and get some Pokemon. "Oh really? Well, truthfully kid, I dont believe you at all. I think that you need to come with me so we can sort out what you can do for punishment." You were confused and scared about the whole thing, but more scared about what this punishment could be. He draggs you along a trail that leads away from the hotspring.

    At the top of the trail is the bathrooms that were put here for people who wanted to use the bathroom and not go in the hot springs. "Now, wait here. No funny business either, or, Cassius here is going to give you a rude knock on the head." The man left, and the Golurk moved over your field of vision, grumbling ominously as it makes sure you know what's what. You nod your head yes, and it stops. The man comes out a second later with a couple of mops and a bucket. "Alright kid, here is what you have to do. You need to wash the bathrooms. You have got everything you need here, and I want to see that bathroom sparkling so much I can't see my reflection. You got that?" You nod your head yes, grimacing over what you had to do. "Alright, you can bring a Pokemon in their with you if you want. And no trying to run away either, alright?"

    What will you do?
    Frinth simply smirks at the authoritative officer, and got to work around his assigned duty. Before he started, he picked out a single red and white metallic ball from his pack and clicked it. A bright flash of red burst out, revealing its own contents.

    Trick.

    He had been trained rigorously for various environments, occasions, and situations. A simple clean-up would neither pose as an obstacle nor hinder them from continuing forth. "Trick. Please help me clean this up as fast as you can. Please wear this, just in case..." He brought out two transparent garments, an once he placed one onto Trick, it unfolded and proceeded to completely envelop his body, yet allowing needed movement.

    Frinth Placed on his own, and they initiated their assigned task.

    Trick started sweeping, and he had no significant reaction to something simple. On the contrary, he found it a nuisance that he had to complete such a task while consuming valuable time needed to fill Frinth's squad or possibly to find items of value or of interest.


    Last edited by Coolz8; 29th September 2012 at 5:43 AM.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Cortoza
    The Volcanic Island

    Floating serenely in the middle of the ocean, Cortoza is a secluded land mass which was once a beautiful and highly populated tropical island. Two hundred years ago a powerful oceanic earthquake resulted in a chain reaction of death and destruction as Cortoza's active volcanic mountains erupted in a series of cataclysmic explosions that churned out a spectacular display of ash, rock, and molten lava, and finally ending with Mt Fumi's stupendous paroxysmal eruption. All of Cortoza's vegetation was destroyed, while humans and Pokémon not fast enough to flee perished in the resulting destruction as the western end of the island collapsed beneath the sea, generating a series of devastating pyroclastic flows and immense tsunamis that ravaged adjacent coastlines. The events of that day marked the last 24 hours on earth for over 50,000 people and 300,000 Pokémon, as the wave of destruction flowed across hundreds of coastal villages and towns. For the next hundred years nobody dared approach the island due to the constant seismic activity and mini eruptions, but for the past several decades all has been quiet. Pokémon have returned, and with very few people drawn to the volcanic island, wildlife has been given the chance to thrive. Although wary, people are also beginning to venture to Cortoza again, some of the more opportunistic seeing this land as their chance to strike it rich due to its fast-booming tourism industry. Most are curious though, as the island has shown amazing regenerative qualities, and many are eager to explore and to witness the miraculous regrowth for themselves. The tropical jungle is flourishing once more, Pokémon have returned, and as far as everyone is aware most of Cortoza's volcanoes have been laying dormant for almost one hundred years.

    The Island
    The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

    Areas:

    Garland Basin: A large basin near Mt. Ceniza where many varieties of herbs grow. A large number of natural hot springs are found here, making it a popular tourist attraction. The effects of the herbs in the warm spring water can have various effects, some very soothing.

    A somewhat weary Joshua had come to the tropical island of Cortoza for some much needed rest and relaxation. His recent adventures had been trying to say the least... Seemed like just about everything was trying to murder him in some grisly fashion. Maybe he was being stalked by GLaDOS. His back was now aching from it all, so the plan was simple - take a dip in the hot springs... If this hot volcanic air didn't suffocate him first. "God!" he cried, "Why is it so damn hot!"

    Near volcano. Jo expect cold? That was the unbelievably relaxed (though still not 100% eloquent) telepathy of Steven the Munna, arguably Joshua's most adorable partner to date. The pink tapir floated alongside him, curious to find out what exactly a "hot spring" was. Joshua wasn't exactly a fan of being called "Jo", but it would do for now. Steven was still only a young Munna, and he hadn't been fed much in the way of Gummis to boost his IQ. So his telepathy was a little broken, but he could at least get his points across. So there was that.

    "Ah Steven, I know you're right... But I'm still going to complain about it." The duo had now arrived in the Garland Basin, and Joshua immediately took to scanning the area for the nearest hot spring...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,839

    Default

    (Attention all updators! There are a few quidelines I would like to put up:

    Grammar: Make sure that your posts are all grammtically correct and spelled correcty. I am not a Grammar Nazi, but if you are a blantant offender, I will try to notify you and may drop you. Don't worry, you guys are good.

    Replies: Try to make your posts somewhat large. The more you reply, the more I have to work with. This is mostly to coolz8 at the moment, you need to try harder. I don't mind if you reiterate what I post(infact, I encourage it), but no two or three line replies. Or else, you might get minimal updates from me. Or get dropped. :/

    Self-Updating: A little bit of creative license is encouraged, feel free to slightly tweak dialogue, or to add your own thoughts on events while they are happening. If, however, I feel that you have changed something so that it is not the original meaning, you will be notified. This is a definite way to get dropped.

    Reply Time: I update often, so, it should be a signal to reply often. However, if you are not replying, it is a strain on me to have to try and remember my plans for you. If you don't reply for over a month without notifiying me, you will get dropped. If you are leaving or have something that is keeping you from replying, PLEASE TELL ME!!!

    And the most important guideline of all, HAVE FUN! )

    Also, with Food Guy, I have seven updatees/



    The Island
    Ignatius River
    LASL


    The little Ralts could sense your emotions, and knew that you and your Sparow meant no harm. He puts an arm up to your head(or at least as high as he can get it) and closes his eyes. You wonder what the little Ralts is doing, before you feel a little thing come into your head. There really is no way to describe it, it is like a little thing just magically transported itself into your thoughts. You panic a little bit, causing your thought world to rattle and shake, but you here a voice that sounds like a child who has been crying for a while, "D-Don't worwy. I am not heer to hurwt you. My name is Turt, and I need your helwp. My famiwy and me were out in the forwest, picking berries, when a big grween thing came at us, trwying to eat all the berries. My mama got hurwt bad, and she needs some help. Plwease, plwease will you help my mama!?" Just then, the Ralts pulled itself out of your thoughts, though, it was still clutched to your legs.

    You look down on the Ralts and think about what it had just said. You realize that the "big green thing" it had mentioned must have been a hungry Vacuum, attacking the family for the berries. But, you realize there must be something wrong with this picture, as Gulpin are Poison type Pokemon while Ralts and Gardevior are Psychic types, so, they should hae easily been able to fight off a Gulpin if it tried to attakck them. You try to think of what other Pokemon it could be, but, you draw up a blank. It HAD to be Vacuum. The Ralts looks a you with large, endearing eyes. It obviously trusts you a large deal. You feel Turt come back into your thoughts, and he says to you telepathically, "Please, please help my mommy!"

    What will you do?


    The Island
    Shale Beach
    myahoo


    You look as both your Cyndaquil and Misdreavus go ahead to go exploring, and get a happy look on your face. Despite the not-scenic look of the beach, you are actually quie content here. The waves lap luxuriously onto he black sand, the sun is shining brightly, and the wind is little more than a light breeze, and you feel good. You walk along the beach when you step onto something hard and big. You look down onto the sand and see an oddly shaped white thing sticking out of the sand a little ways. You call both your Cyndaquil and Misdreavus over to see what it is. When you ask wha they think it could be, both Cyndaquil and Misdreavus seem to think it is just a seashell of some sort, and lose interest in it. But, however, you haven't. You take your hands and begin to dig into the sand, which is oddly heavy. You get a couple of cuts and nicks from the slightly large and sharper pieces of obsidian sand, and dig until you can see more and more of the item. It doesn't look like a shell at all, but more of a sort of bone. You again call over Wildfire and Imp, and Imp looks a little bit annoyed being called over again, but, thankfully, loses it when she sees the thing. She is clearly impressed with your find, and both Wildfire and Imp help with the dig as much as they can, until the item is clearly visible. It is some kind of staff carved from bone, with a few strands of hair still left on it and some writing on the side of it. You can't read the writing at all, it appears to be some kind of ancient writing that is lost today.

    Just when you pull the artifact from the sand, a hand comes onto your shoulder. You jump a little bit and look back, and see a African man standing behind you in a khaki shirt and shorts, sort of like an archeologist would be wearing. "Wow, you got quite the find there. That is an ancient Lufenian staff right there. The Lufenians were a sky people who had amazing technology. They were rumored to have a city above the volcanoes, but one day, it crashed into the sea, never to be seen again. Every now and again we see artifacts like this staff or some pottery. Never any of their technology, so we think that is just a legend." You see that the guy is some sort of archeologist, and look at him with a questioning glance. He laughs, and says, "It seems you still have some questions about the Lufenians. Well, we have not been able to decipher their language, it is completely foreign to any tongue known to man today. There is talk of there being a stone which may have a translation, but no one knows where it could be. This is the first time a Lufenian artifact was found on this beach, so, there could be something here. My name is Cid. Cid Maple."

    The man turns to walk away, so, if this was the time for any questions, I'd better act on that!!

    What will you do?


    Mt. Senica
    Cinder Village
    Coolz8


    (Hey, you can't just find a Pokemon and capture it, you gotta work for your Pokemon! :P)

    You and your Pokemon Trick go and start to clean the bathroom, which you find is actually a lot harder than it originally seemed. The floor was covered in soap scum and whatever else scum had come in here, and it never seemed to go away, it seemed to be permanently stuck onto the floor. The sinks were covered in scum as well, but they came clean a little bit easier than on the floor. The worst part about the cleaning, however, was the toilets. They stunk to high heavens, hell, above high heavens, and were covered in crap. It seems that people didn't like to flush here, or they got a bad case of Moctezuma's revenge. You and Trick get bust working, and afer what seems like hours go by, you finally get the bathroom cleaned up. You can see the original color in the tiles, which is a baby bird blue, instead of the white you had seen earlier. The sinks sparkled and gleamed like chrome, and even the toilets were a pearly white. You and Trick looked on your work, and were proud, even though this was a nuisance to do this, at least you had gotten it done quickly, and good to.

    The man came in right after you finished, probably to see if you were slacking off or what not. His Golurk stayed outside, it was too tall to fit inside the bathroom. He looked around the bathroom, inside the stalls, under the sinks, in the toilets, and looked at you. He gave you a smile, and said, "Well, you look like a good kid after all. Or, someone who has been cleaning bathrooms all their lives." He laughs at this, and you cannot help but give a giggle too. "It seems I took you wrong. Hell, it happens. I guess that you guys are free to go. Wow, this is probably the cleanest I have ever seen the bathroom. She is good enough to get a date now." Again he laughed, and saw that you were walking out the door. He remembered that you said you were looking for Pokemon, and remembered something he had seen. "Hey, wait a minute kid. What is your name?" You tell him that your name is Frinth. "Frinth, what the hell kind of name is that? Oh well, my name is August. August Brown. I am what you would call the local law enforcement here at Cinder Village. I try to keep hoodlums and no-gooders out of here. People come here because they want to relax...and occasionaly want to find Pokemon too. Nobody gets by me and Cassius here, you bet it." He takes a deep breath in, and looks out window. "Trust me kid, there is no Pokemon in that spring you were looking at. It was man-made for people. But, I can tell you a place where you can find special Pokemon that like the hot water. If, of course, you are interested..."

    What will you do?


    The Island
    Garland Basin
    Son_of_Shadows


    Steven, your absolutely adorable Munna, and you go looking for a hot spring nearby, so that you can relax and think about what you are going to do next. The area just seems to be full of various plants, but soon, you notice that the plant variety is beginning to change and that the plants were beginning to get bigger and bigger. You also began to notice that it was getting slighlty warmer, and it kinda smelled like water was nearby. You know how a hot spring is nereby, but you first have to try and get past the vegetation first. Steven and you push past some of the trees, but their leaves were often bigger than you were and pushing past them was a chore and a half. And you had a chore a day limit. Soon, you here the sounds of bubbling water and can see steam. You are almost there! You begin to run, your Munna bearly able to stay behind you. "Jo. Slow please." You heard Steven, and slow down a little bit, and can sense that he is very thankful for that. Soon, you see one of the largest trees you ave ever seen, and sneak around its base. That is when you see that hot-spring. It was not very large, but you could tell it was pretty hot...just the way you like it. "Jo. Hot spring. Look warm." It did indeed look warm.

    You strip down into a pair of bathing shorts, and get inside the water. You dip down, and the water was very warm, but it also was very relaxing. You immerge yourself fully in the waer, with only your head visible, and begin to relax. You can feel the ache in your back loosening up, and it felt good not to be in pain anymore. Steven tentatively touched the water, and then got it himself, cooing as the also felt the waters soothing effects. "Well, hi there." You nearly scream as you here the voice. You look in front of you with fear-striken eyes as you see a man, in his near seventies, in the hot spring with you. You are SURE you did not see him in here before, infact, you were nearly convinced you were the only one to find this hot spring. "Oh, I see I startled you. I must have been under the water when you came in. I love this hot spring, it is so soothing on my back. By the way you were relaxing, I would say the same for you. You have some back ache son." You were surprised to he was able to see so much in you, but, he was old. Old people tend to see these things. "If you got a back ache, I know an herb that will set you right real good." He picks an herb from the grass, and puts it in the water. You are somewhat concerned about it, but soon, you are completely enveloped in an euphoric sensation. You feel like you had just had, well, there really was no good way to describe it. It was like being on a pleasure trip. Your Munna also coos, as it appears to effect him too. You begin to relax even more...until you pass out.

    When you awaken, you find that you can barely open your eyes. Or, is it because it is really dark where you are. You try to move around, but find that you can't. You are not in the hot spring, that is for sure.

    What will you do?

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    I hereby welcome LASL and CyberBlastoise into my group. This leaves room for TWO more people. Hop on so you can have some fun!

    Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walk
    Dark Searchman


    You take notice on how reckless that Larvesta really is, and how it is actually scaring your Pokemon off. A Pokemon with that fiesty of a nature is a sure rarity, and coupled with the already rare nature of the Pokemon, you have to have this one. Both your Seviper and you Druddigon look ready for battle at you give them a little bit of introductory pep talk. They start off by glaring hard at the Larvesta, giving it the most intimidating and SCARY FACE they can give. Larvesta looks a little on edge, but his innate confidence and his brazen nature means he doesn't take the full effect of each one. But, his speed is lowered a little bit. Larvesta knows about the specialty of this move, and immediately cloaks himself in FLAMEs. He CHARGEs after Seviper, who looks a little frightened himself about the closing in flaming missile. He is able to dodge some of it, but his own large size gets to better of him, the Larvesta hits him on the end of the tail, doing some nice damage and increasing Larvesta's speed, overcoming the past attack. Amethyst looks at the bug again and hisses at it, maybe like some sort of warning or signal. His sort of singed tail becomes covered in a cloak of water, before the Seviper spins around and smacks Larvesta with the sharp end of the tail "LARRRRRRRVVVVESSSSSTAAAA!!!" it screams as it gets smacked around by Seviper's tail, being pushed over towards Sarkahn, your Druddigon. Druddigon takes the cue, and lowers his hand to the ground, white energy covering it, before he swings it upright, catching the Larvesta mid air for a powerful CUT. Larvest yells again as the pain hits it, and it looks to Sarkhan with revenge in its eyes. Larvesta breathes in before releasing a loud bunch of orange sound waves, with hit Sarkahn's ears and cause him to groan as the buggy energy rattles his ear drums.

    At the end of this climatic battle scene, it seems that while both Amethyst and Sarkahn took some damage, they are still felling pretty well. The Larvesta seems to be bruised and beaten, but is nowhere close to breaking or giving up. You got quite a fight on your hands here!

    What will you do?
    Neither Hyrem nor Amethyst or Sarkhan could expect how much determination the little Larvesta was willing to show them. Both Amethyst and Sarkhan figured that one look at both of their Scary Faces would send it scurrying instantly, but, though the intimidation got to its nerves a little, the Larvesta held its ground, taking a small drop to its Speed... which it quickly got back by attacking Amethyst with a Flame Charge. She did not like any sort of fire coming towards her at that point, so she wanted to dodge, but due to her size she got hit on the tail, hissing in pain. She was ticked off now, so she charged up Water energy into her Tail and smacked it into Larvesta for some great damage... Now that's an Aqua-fresh attack! It also knocked Larvesta straight into Sarkhan who charged up his claw and struck the bug with a slicing upperCut which also causes it to scream from the damage. This time, it would be Larvesta getting some payback, and when Bugs Buzz really loudly and with orange sound waves coming from it... it's usually not a good sign. Sarkhan groans and has to cover his ears in order to try to stop the attack from ringing in his head.

    Hyrem could see both sides had taken some decent damage, but all three Pokemon were still in great shape and determined to keep battling. Larvesta was totally holding its own against a Seviper and a Druddigon! They needed to keep the attacks coming in order to even wear it down. "Yeah, here we go!" Hyrem said, smirking. "Now that we have an opponent that can actually challenge you two, let's see what you can do! Let's have both of you do a Poison Tail and see if we can get some poison to wear this guy down! During the next round, Amethyst, try a Venoshock--hopefully, Larvesta's poisoned by then--and Sarkhan, use all that pent-up Dragon Rage and get him good!" Sarkhan and Amethyst were likely surprised by the tenacity of this creature, but they still welcomed the challenge to take on the celestial moth... and so it would continue!

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The land of Vegimite and AFL
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    [size=1]
    The Island
    Ignatius River
    LASL


    The little Ralts could sense your emotions, and knew that you and your Sparow meant no harm. He puts an arm up to your head(or at least as high as he can get it) and closes his eyes. You wonder what the little Ralts is doing, before you feel a little thing come into your head. There really is no way to describe it, it is like a little thing just magically transported itself into your thoughts. You panic a little bit, causing your thought world to rattle and shake, but you here a voice that sounds like a child who has been crying for a while, "D-Don't worwy. I am not heer to hurwt you. My name is Turt, and I need your helwp. My famiwy and me were out in the forwest, picking berries, when a big grween thing came at us, trwying to eat all the berries. My mama got hurwt bad, and she needs some help. Plwease, plwease will you help my mama!?" Just then, the Ralts pulled itself out of your thoughts, though, it was still clutched to your legs.

    You look down on the Ralts and think about what it had just said. You realize that the "big green thing" it had mentioned must have been a hungry Vacuum, attacking the family for the berries. But, you realize there must be something wrong with this picture, as Gulpin are Poison type Pokemon while Ralts and Gardevior are Psychic types, so, they should hae easily been able to fight off a Gulpin if it tried to attakck them. You try to think of what other Pokemon it could be, but, you draw up a blank. It HAD to be Vacuum. The Ralts looks a you with large, endearing eyes. It obviously trusts you a large deal. You feel Turt come back into your thoughts, and he says to you telepathically, "Please, please help my mommy!"

    What will you do?



    The feeling of a foreign mind is interesting to say the least. It can take a little getting used to, especially if your first experience with it is later in life. Lass El had very little experience with psychic types, and as such she fell squarely into the 'later in life' party. Doubled with the fact that she hadn't been expecting it at all, the least she could do was avoid depositing her lunch on the Ralts she'd just promised to help.

    "Oh, oh whoa. S-sorry, wasn't expecting that, whoa. Just let me, ugh, deep breaths deep breaths." She sat down and took her own advice, desperately trying to stem the queasy feeling. After a few seconds, she'd adapted to the connection, but was still a little uneasy. "Okay, don't wait for me, please. C-carry on, I'll be fine."

    Lass El listened as the Ralts explained what had happened, somewhat amazed that this was actually happening. For the longest time she had thought there was no way for human and pokemon to converse without aid or unusual circumstances, telepathy had always been a lame plot device in crime shows to her. Listening to the poor thing was heart wrenching, he sounded so completely and utterly distressed and wait a second, pokemon have names? Oh dear sorry Sparow or whatever your name was before if you had one. Maybe it was restricted to certain species? But that wasn't important now. Here before her was a little boy (who appeared to be wearing a dress, that was just uncanny why did they have that thing?) who's mummy was injured, leaving no choice but to beg a stranger for help. What kind of twisted soul would ignore such a desperate cry for help? What cold, heartless person--

    "Spear?"

    Oops, she'd forgotten about Sparow, seems the bird had missed out on the explanation. "This is Turt. His mummy has been hurt by something that fits the description of a Gulpin. DOUBLE ACT OF KINDNESS ACTION BOOYEAH."

    There was an awkward silence. It wasn't really like El to get so excited about anything that wasn't a water type, she just hadn't quite fully recovered from the benevolent mental invasion earlier. Speaking of, Turt was the one to break the 'silence' with more telepathy directed at El. "Please, please help my mummy!"

    "Of course I will! Lead the way Turt! Sparow..." El trailed off, wondering what to do with the bird. "Sorry girl, but it'll probably be faster if you take the pokeball express." A bright flash of light, and Sparow had been returned to the safety of her pokeball. Turning around, El noticed that her guide had already taken off, probably desperate to get back to his parents with help. The girl jogged a little to catch back up (Ralts don't exactly have long legs), feeling pumped for whatever was to come at her.

    Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets


  9. #259
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    The Island
    Garland Basin
    Son_of_Shadows


    Steven, your absolutely adorable Munna, and you go looking for a hot spring nearby, so that you can relax and think about what you are going to do next. The area just seems to be full of various plants, but soon, you notice that the plant variety is beginning to change and that the plants were beginning to get bigger and bigger. You also began to notice that it was getting slighlty warmer, and it kinda smelled like water was nearby. You know how a hot spring is nereby, but you first have to try and get past the vegetation first. Steven and you push past some of the trees, but their leaves were often bigger than you were and pushing past them was a chore and a half. And you had a chore a day limit. Soon, you here the sounds of bubbling water and can see steam. You are almost there! You begin to run, your Munna bearly able to stay behind you. "Jo. Slow please." You heard Steven, and slow down a little bit, and can sense that he is very thankful for that. Soon, you see one of the largest trees you ave ever seen, and sneak around its base. That is when you see that hot-spring. It was not very large, but you could tell it was pretty hot...just the way you like it. "Jo. Hot spring. Look warm." It did indeed look warm.

    You strip down into a pair of bathing shorts, and get inside the water. You dip down, and the water was very warm, but it also was very relaxing. You immerge yourself fully in the waer, with only your head visible, and begin to relax. You can feel the ache in your back loosening up, and it felt good not to be in pain anymore. Steven tentatively touched the water, and then got it himself, cooing as the also felt the waters soothing effects. "Well, hi there." You nearly scream as you here the voice. You look in front of you with fear-striken eyes as you see a man, in his near seventies, in the hot spring with you. You are SURE you did not see him in here before, infact, you were nearly convinced you were the only one to find this hot spring. "Oh, I see I startled you. I must have been under the water when you came in. I love this hot spring, it is so soothing on my back. By the way you were relaxing, I would say the same for you. You have some back ache son." You were surprised to he was able to see so much in you, but, he was old. Old people tend to see these things. "If you got a back ache, I know an herb that will set you right real good." He picks an herb from the grass, and puts it in the water. You are somewhat concerned about it, but soon, you are completely enveloped in an euphoric sensation. You feel like you had just had, well, there really was no good way to describe it. It was like being on a pleasure trip. Your Munna also coos, as it appears to effect him too. You begin to relax even more...until you pass out.

    When you awaken, you find that you can barely open your eyes. Or, is it because it is really dark where you are. You try to move around, but find that you can't. You are not in the hot spring, that is for sure.

    What will you do?

    The bushier, larger vegetation was the most obvious sign that the duo were approaching a spring, since it would obviously be receiving more nutrients. "We're onto a winner here Steven. Let's go." Some tiring struggling through foliage later (This had better be worth it, Joshua mused to himself), they came to a gigantic tree, with a tiny spring at the base of it. Perfect. He could feel the heat rising off it, and his back would be cured in no time, no doubt about it. Nobody else around to spoil the atmosphere too. Or perv on him. Same thing. He stripped, slipped in, and immediately started to feel the muscles in his back begin to relax. So much better already. Steven also seemed to enjoy it, cooing adorably as he relaxed in the spring. Yes, peace and quiet. What could be better?

    "Well, hi there." Maybe not. Out of nowhere, an old voice, and a shocked Joshua was greeted by an elderly man sharing the spring with him. Um... Where had he come from? He didn't know. Steven's Forewarn hadn't alerted him to anything, then again, he wasn't sure if his Munna's ability was that powerful. "Oh, I see I startled you." Yeah, you don't say... "I must have been under the water when you came in. I love this hot spring, it is so soothing on my back. By the way you were relaxing, I would say the same for you. You have some back ache son." This guy was perceptive. Then again. pensioners tend to know more about back pain than most. Seemed logical. Arthritis and all that. No, wait, that was joints. Whatever. "If you got a back ache, I know an herb that will set you right real good." Hmm, interesting. Well, Joshua would try pretty much anything once, so he figured, what the hell, why not? Still, something about all this seemed fishy... He was sure he'd been the only person at the spring. Could the old man really have been underwater? It wasn't too long before he simply stopped caring, and let the water take him. It was a magical relaxation, and he wondered if that was what it was like to get high or something like that. But this heat, this warmth, this feeling... It was so... relaxing, so dreamlike. He felt like he might fall asleep... Though he knew he mustn't, he might end up drowning... But he could at least rest his eyes a moment...

    ---

    When he opened his eyes again, Joshua saw nothing. Just darkness. Maybe he hadn't actually opened his eyes. Weird. He couldn't feel the water any more, so he was definitely out of the spring. Steven was beside him, telepathically asking where they were. Something was wrong here. "I would assume we're not in Kanto anymore Steven... Can you try using Teleport at all? I realise it's a long shot... Maybe if I tried calling out Bisho- Oh, right. Still in the shorts. No other Pokéballs... When we get out of here, I'm gonna get that old man, I swear."
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  10. #260
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    The Island
    Shale Beach
    myahoo


    You look as both your Cyndaquil and Misdreavus go ahead to go exploring, and get a happy look on your face. Despite the not-scenic look of the beach, you are actually quie content here. The waves lap luxuriously onto he black sand, the sun is shining brightly, and the wind is little more than a light breeze, and you feel good. You walk along the beach when you step onto something hard and big. You look down onto the sand and see an oddly shaped white thing sticking out of the sand a little ways. You call both your Cyndaquil and Misdreavus over to see what it is. When you ask wha they think it could be, both Cyndaquil and Misdreavus seem to think it is just a seashell of some sort, and lose interest in it. But, however, you haven't. You take your hands and begin to dig into the sand, which is oddly heavy. You get a couple of cuts and nicks from the slightly large and sharper pieces of obsidian sand, and dig until you can see more and more of the item. It doesn't look like a shell at all, but more of a sort of bone. You again call over Wildfire and Imp, and Imp looks a little bit annoyed being called over again, but, thankfully, loses it when she sees the thing. She is clearly impressed with your find, and both Wildfire and Imp help with the dig as much as they can, until the item is clearly visible. It is some kind of staff carved from bone, with a few strands of hair still left on it and some writing on the side of it. You can't read the writing at all, it appears to be some kind of ancient writing that is lost today.

    Just when you pull the artifact from the sand, a hand comes onto your shoulder. You jump a little bit and look back, and see a African man standing behind you in a khaki shirt and shorts, sort of like an archeologist would be wearing. "Wow, you got quite the find there. That is an ancient Lufenian staff right there. The Lufenians were a sky people who had amazing technology. They were rumored to have a city above the volcanoes, but one day, it crashed into the sea, never to be seen again. Every now and again we see artifacts like this staff or some pottery. Never any of their technology, so we think that is just a legend." You see that the guy is some sort of archeologist, and look at him with a questioning glance. He laughs, and says, "It seems you still have some questions about the Lufenians. Well, we have not been able to decipher their language, it is completely foreign to any tongue known to man today. There is talk of there being a stone which may have a translation, but no one knows where it could be. This is the first time a Lufenian artifact was found on this beach, so, there could be something here. My name is Cid. Cid Maple."

    The man turns to walk away, so, if this was the time for any questions, I'd better act on that!!

    What will you do?
    The teen watched her two Pokemon move on ahead of her, smiling slightly at the sight of the pair. The oldest Pokemon in her current team, the one with the most experience and her closest friend, walking along behind the youngest Pokemon, the newest addition and the most inexperienced. From her location a few steps behind them, she barely caught her Misdreavus say something that made Wildfire laugh.

    Melissa paused after her next step, immediately feeling the difference under her foot. She called her two Pokemon back as she lifted her foot and looked to see what she'd stepped on. Something oddly shaped and white glinted back at her, starkly contrasting with the black sand.

    "What d'you think it is?" she asked her Pokemon, glancing up at them as they arrived. Wildfire peered at the thing with his head tilted to the side, before shrugging. "Cyn-da-quil?" Imp floated closer to the ground to look at it closer and nodded. "That's what I think, too." She stared at it for a moment. "It looks really pretty, though." She smiled up at Melissa, who sighed, casting a critical eye over the object. "I highly doubt it's a seashell," she told them, waving at the rest of the beach as she continued. "Do you see any other seashells out here?"

    The two Pokemon shrugged and, as Melissa crouched down to unearth the object, Imp decided to drag Wildfire over to something that had caught her eye, having quickly lost interest in the funny white thing. The teen continued to dig, thinking that the sand was oddly heavy, but she attributed that to the obsidian pieces that made it up. She hissed and paused a few times as the sand made cuts in her hands, but she continued digging, her curiosity rising as it became clear that the thing was more bone-like than shell-like.

    "This doesn't look like any kind of shell I've ever seen," she muttered to herself, before she called her two Pokemon over again. "Hey, you two! I could use a little help." It took them a few moments to come over, Wildfire having to convince the younger Pokemon to return to Melissa's side, but they eventually came over, Imp looking a little put-out. At the sight of the bone-thing, though, both Pokemon perk up, one in excitement, the other in curiosity.

    "Ooooo, what's that?" Imp floated over to the emerging discovery, staring curiously at it. Wildfire tilted his head in curiosity as he looked at the object, before moving to help dig.

    "No idea, Imp," Melissa replied, still working on unearthing the object. "Looks like some sort of bone thing." The two worked a little longer, with Imp just floating around and staring, until the thing finally became visible. The trio stared for a moment. "Actually, it looks like some sort of staff...with some weird writing...and is that hair?"

    Melissa reached out to pull the staff from the hole she and Wildfire had dug around it when a hand lands on her shoulder. With a surprised squeak, she scrambled away from the hand, whipping around and preparing to have Wildfire blast fire at whatever it was when she registered the African man that practically appeared out of nowhere.

    "Wow, you've got quite a find there. That is an ancient Lufenian staff right there. The Lufenians were sky people who had amazing technology. They were rumored to have a city above the volcanoes, but one day, it crashed into the sea, never to be seen again. Every now and again we see artifacts like this staff or some pottery. Never any of their technology, so we think that is just a legend."

    As he spoke, Melissa was able to get her heart rate back to something closer to normal and she looked him over, Wildfire and Imp moving closer to her as she did. The khaki shirt and shorts reminded her of an archaeologist and the way he was speaking made her think he actually was one. Still, she gave him a questioning glance; not only did he seem a little out of place, the Lufenians he was talking about sounded interesting, as well.

    He laughed at Melissa's glance. "It seems you still have some questions about the Lufenians. Well, we have not been able to decipher their language, it is completely foreign to any tongue known to man today. There is talk of there being a stone which may have a translation, but no one knows where it could be. This is the first time a Lufenian artifact was found on this beach, so, there could be something here. My name is Cid. Cid Maple." He then turned and she stared after him for a moment, his speech and abrupt departure leaving her mentally scrambling for a train of thought.

    Grabbing one quickly, she got to her feet, placed Wildfire on her shoulder, and said, "Wait! Cid! Mr. Maple, wait! How do you know so much about Lufenians? What else can you tell me about them and this staff?" She glanced at said staff, feeling as though she shouldn't leave something so valuable and rare just lying on the beach where anyone could take it. "Should I be on the lookout for anything concerning the staff or the Lufenians?"

    "Why are you worried?" Imp suddenly said, peering at her curiously.

    Melissa shifted and glanced at the staff again. "It's an ancient artifact, Imp, from a people that we know almost nothing about," she replied after a moment. "Who knows what they could have done to protect the things they made? After all, if they could put a city in the air, what else could they have done?" She trailed off soberly, looking in the direction of the volcanoes, Imp glancing between her trainer, Cid, and the staff.

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,839

    Default And then there was four....and red.

    Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walk
    Dark Searchman


    The Larvesta was showing itself to be a truly feisty beasty, and the fact that it was able to hold its own against both a Seviper and a Druddigon is truly comendable. But, you are determined to get the little guy into your party as quickly and as neatly as possible. Sarkahn is the first to move, his tail glowing a bright purple color as special toxins fill he iinside of his skin. Impossible you say? Well, seeing as every Pokemon except Magikarp, Burmy, Wynaut, and Wobbuffet can use Toxic, it really isn't that weird. Sarkahn swings his tail towards Larvesta, who tries a dodge, but unforunately is unable to, taking a somewhat small hit in the process. He gives a little grunt as he gets back up from the attack, The Larvesta looks confindent after than attack, and gives out another screech into the air, a giant BUG BUZZ racing through the walkway. A few trainers who had been paying attention grunt and cover their ears, and Sarkahn roars again from he pain. Amethyst looks at his brethen in oain, and goes to help him out. Amethyst's tail becomes covered in poison energy itself, mimicking the same attack Sarkahn had used. The tail becomes filled with poison, and Ameythst swings ti. Larvesta does not see it coming, and takes it right to a weak spot, screeching as it flies into the air, and hit the ground, taking a CRITICAL HIT!

    Larvesta gets up, not poisoned from either attack, and looks at Sarkahn, who has just recovered himself from the powerful Bug Buzz. His mouth fills up with powerful draconic fires that burn a spectacular blue color, and seemed to be fillled with rage from having his ears ringing after those two attacks. He breathes out a large fireball of flames, smashing into Larvesta, sending him flying from the powerful attack. He gets up again, and this time, directs an attack at Seviper. True to his hot and bold nature, he birst into flames, charging at Seviper with vicious intent. He slams into Amethyst in powerful flames, and Amethyst yells out from the powerful FLARE BLITZ. He gets back up, and looks at Larvesta, shooting some poison from its fangs at the little fella. They hit him, but, since he has not been confused, it does some decent damage and just sits there, doing nothing, harmless with another poison. Sarkahn took another large hit, and it a little worn down, but he is not bad. He might be able to use a few more Poison tails at this point. Amethyst is a little better off than Sarkahn, but is a little bit more worn out. The Larvesta is really taking a beating, and it showing its fair share of bruises and marks. It is more worn out than both Sarkahn and Amethyst too, but his strong attitude is keeping him in there.

    What will you do?


    The Island
    Ignatius River
    LASL


    The Ralts has already gained quite a lead ahead of you in the forest, and you have to race to catch up with him. You nimbly moves through the forest, jumping over logs and dodging branches. However, the Ralts cannot get run as fast as you can, and you do slow down at times to let the Ralts get ahead of you. After a while, you wonder how much longer it will take to find the Ralt's mother, and are astonished that the Ralts had run so far. Just then, you hear a rustle in the bushes, but it more sounds like something moving really fast than if it was a Gulpin, who actually it pretty slow by comparison. You take some note of the the noise, but, you concentration broke a little too soon, and you run head first into a rather large branch. You smash your nose into it, causing you too fall over onto the ground. You feel a little dazed as you look up at your Spearow and Turt, who enters you mind again. He interestingly enough is able to dispel the dizzyness in your mind, and says, "Miss, I think yowr nose is browken." You touch your nose, and you feel an instant of pain rush into your head, though the little Ralts tries to dispel it. You get up, but with the blood running down your face, you have to keep your head up in order to keep from losing too much blood. You keep walking until you hear the cry of a Gardevoir ring out. You lower your head, and SMACK into some sort of barrier, injuring your nose even more. You groan from the pain, when you feel the pain beginning to fade away. You see the Gardevoir with a hand up in the air, releasing a wave of energy towards you, a HEALing PULSE coming your way. However, it stops abrubtly, not repairing most of your nose but stopping the bleeding.

    You feel a much stronger force enter your brain, and again, that sensation of foreign prescence is dizzying. "Do not worry, young trainer. I have tried to repair your broken nose, but, I am too weak to go on. I am barely able to keep this Reflect barrier in the air. I am hurt badly because a large green flash attacked me and my son. It took our berries, and it keeps stalking me, waiting for me to lower my guard down. Whatever it is, it wants more food, and it thinks that I have some. Please, help me trainer." You aren't sure what to do, when Turt screeches. You look up and see tha Turt is being held in the air by a large green Pokemon. One thing is true, this is not a Gulpin. This is called a red herring. This large Pokemon has two scythes which it is using to hold up the Ralts. This is a Scyther. He screeches at you, probably wanting your food, before zooming off, dropping the Ralts high in a tree. It begins to cry as it has no way of getting down, and the Scyther gets in front of you with lightning speed. "Be careful trainer. This Scyther may be a weakling compared to others, but its speed is near unmatched. You need to find a way around its speed!"

    What will you do?


    The Island
    Garland Basin
    Son_of_Shadows


    You can feel the telepathic prescence of your Munna, but, oddly enough, it feels kind of mellowed out and droggy. And, actually, you feel kinda of groggy yourself, and look around the room. You still cannot see anything, but can smell a sickly sweet smell in the air. It must be some kind of mind-affecting substance. It makes your head seem like it was wrapped in a fog, and you can't quite tell what it going on. Your Munna tries to Teleport out of its own bindings, but it finds that it can't, not having the mental concentration to do so. You sigh a bit as you think of your own predicament. You were in the hot spring, when a man dropped some herbs into the water. It is probably the same thing that it making the powerful incense, but, it seems to be a lot weaker than the herbs in the water. You are bound by your hands and your feet, and you are off the ground, though bound to what you do not know. You can't see anything outside. Your Munna tells you in broken thoughts about how hopeless this situation seems, and mumble a response, though, you don' t think he heard you.

    Just then, a door opens up behind you and fills the room in beautiful light. Just like that, the drug's effects wear off on you...it is clearly meant to subdue someone in the abscence of light. You look at your Munna, but it does not seemed to have helped him out at all, he must be under the effect of a different drug. You can see that the Munna is in a cage made of sticks, and that you are bound in iron chains attached to a stake. You have no idea what is going on, but a man in walks in front of you, topless, with some sort of tribals paints all over his body. He is a white man though, and does show a little bit of the chubby side to him. Seems this is not a true native man. He grabs the pole along with another man, who you notice has really strong arms, and carries you over to a large crowd, who appears to be chanting some chant, but whatever it is you are not sure. You see they are a diverse group, with all kinds of people. Definetely not a native group. You are planted into the ground, along with your Munna, who is planted in front of you. Things have gone from bad, to worse.

    What will you do?


    The Island
    Shale Beach
    myahoo


    Cid heard you and looked back, with a big smile on his face. It was literally grinning from ear to ear. "You my friend are a very curious one. That is what makes a person a good scientist. The endless curiousity about it. Well, I can tell you some more things about the Lufenians and the staff you have, but, I do have to tell you that our knowledge is very limited without the ability to translate the language. The Lufenians believed, or at least we think they believed in some sort of sky god, and that this sky god would bless them the closer they got to the sky. They supposedly built a city in the sky, despite no evidence of the technology needed to be able to do it. For some reason, the city vanished without a trace. No one knows why. One tablet seems to show a large dragon of some sort, but no one has any idea. It is very partial, and all we can see are two heads, and a neck. That staff you have there seems to be another staff we have back at the Musuem of Lufenian Culture. It appears to be exactly the same. It must have gone to some sort of ritual, though, why there are two makes no sense.

    "Well, there are a few things that we are planning to do. For one, the discovery of an artifact here means that we are going to have to plan a dig here. You can join in on that if you want. With some amazing amount of luck, we might even be able to find that stone with the translation that we need so dearly. Another thing that we can do is bring that staff back to the other one, and compare the two. You can come along with both of those if you want, though, you might be a little full on knowledge at this point. I won't blame you if you don't want to." The man grabs that staff out of your hand, and both your Misdreaus and Cyndaquil look at you for an answer.

    What will you do?

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The land of Vegimite and AFL
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    The Island
    Ignatius River
    LASL


    The Ralts has already gained quite a lead ahead of you in the forest, and you have to race to catch up with him. You nimbly moves through the forest, jumping over logs and dodging branches. However, the Ralts cannot get run as fast as you can, and you do slow down at times to let the Ralts get ahead of you. After a while, you wonder how much longer it will take to find the Ralt's mother, and are astonished that the Ralts had run so far. Just then, you hear a rustle in the bushes, but it more sounds like something moving really fast than if it was a Gulpin, who actually it pretty slow by comparison. You take some note of the the noise, but, you concentration broke a little too soon, and you run head first into a rather large branch. You smash your nose into it, causing you too fall over onto the ground. You feel a little dazed as you look up at your Spearow and Turt, who enters you mind again. He interestingly enough is able to dispel the dizzyness in your mind, and says, "Miss, I think yowr nose is browken." You touch your nose, and you feel an instant of pain rush into your head, though the little Ralts tries to dispel it. You get up, but with the blood running down your face, you have to keep your head up in order to keep from losing too much blood. You keep walking until you hear the cry of a Gardevoir ring out. You lower your head, and SMACK into some sort of barrier, injuring your nose even more. You groan from the pain, when you feel the pain beginning to fade away. You see the Gardevoir with a hand up in the air, releasing a wave of energy towards you, a HEALing PULSE coming your way. However, it stops abrubtly, not repairing most of your nose but stopping the bleeding.

    You feel a much stronger force enter your brain, and again, that sensation of foreign prescence is dizzying. "Do not worry, young trainer. I have tried to repair your broken nose, but, I am too weak to go on. I am barely able to keep this Reflect barrier in the air. I am hurt badly because a large green flash attacked me and my son. It took our berries, and it keeps stalking me, waiting for me to lower my guard down. Whatever it is, it wants more food, and it thinks that I have some. Please, help me trainer." You aren't sure what to do, when Turt screeches. You look up and see tha Turt is being held in the air by a large green Pokemon. One thing is true, this is not a Gulpin. This is called a red herring. This large Pokemon has two scythes which it is using to hold up the Ralts. This is a Scyther. He screeches at you, probably wanting your food, before zooming off, dropping the Ralts high in a tree. It begins to cry as it has no way of getting down, and the Scyther gets in front of you with lightning speed. "Be careful trainer. This Scyther may be a weakling compared to others, but its speed is near unmatched. You need to find a way around its speed!"

    What will you do?

    As worrisome as the situation was, El couldn't help but relish the chance for a good bit of exercise. Dashing through the trees, darting in out over and under, yeah, what better way to get the blood pumping? Sure, she had to slow every now and then to avoid overtaking Turt, but how often does one get a chance to vault over fallen trees? It was actually quite difficult to keep an eye on her little guide and avoid running into something, but she was an expert at following Sparow. And as much as she hated it, her body forced her to slow down a little after a while, sprinting is not the same thing as long distance running after all. But she forced herself to keep moving, put one foot in front of the other and WOAH.

    Whatwasthat it just overtook her and man it was fa-CRUNCH. Oh, right, running in a forest. Lots of trees. She landed butt first on the ground. Her nose stung quite a bit, but no biggie, she injured herself all the time. Turt had stopped for whatever reason, nice to know she wasn't about to be abandoned in the middle of a forest with no clue how to get out.

    "Miss, I think yowr nose is browken."

    Broken? El reached to her nos and OUCH. It was flatter than it should be and covered in blood. But she's a strong girl she can take it, after all, it's no biggie. Turt was trying to heal it for her it seemed, not that he was having much luck. As she staggered up, El spotted a Gardevoir lying on the ground, looking awfully helpless. She dashed up to it and BANG there went any chance of her smelling much ever again. Ah well. No. Biggie. The Gardevoir reached out and tried her own hand at healing her broken (shattered) nose. The pain was soothed a little, but not much else happened. El once again felt a presence worming its way into her mind, but this time she was able to avoid vomiting. Thankfully.

    "Do not worry, young trainer. I have tried to repair your broken nose, but, I am too weak to go on. I am barely able to keep this Reflect barrier in the air. I am hurt badly because a large green flash attacked me and my son. It took our berries, and it keeps stalking me, waiting for me to lower my guard down. Whatever it is, it wants more food, and it thinks that I have some. Please, help me trainer."

    Lass El couldn't help but feel that she'd just gotten involved in something far beyond her. But it was too late to turn back, and even if she could she wouldn't. Even though it was probably monumentally stupid. That had never stopped her before though and it wouldn't stop her now. She reached for Sparow's pokeball, ready to call her out if need be.

    A cry echoes through the trees from behind her, where she'd left Turt. Stupid, stupid she'd left the child alone. Spinning around, El took her first good look at the culprit. It was a massive green bug, carapace shining in the leaf-filtered light. In stead of forearms, it had two wicked-looking scythes it was using to hold up poor Turt. Scyther, oh sweet deity a scyther. One move and, well, suffice to say she could easily come out of this encounter missing something more vital than her nose. She watches helplessly as the bug leaves Turt up a tree.

    "Be careful trainer. This Scyther may be a weakling compared to others, but its speed is near unmatched. You need to find a way around its speed!"

    Okay thanks Gardevoir. Spearow are kinda fast aren't the OHHOLYDEITY. El dropped Sparow's pokeball as the scyther had decided to get RIGHT UP IN HER FACE. She had nothing against bug types, lots of people are scared by them and she felt that was stupid. But that opinion might have to change now that she had gotten up close to a wild one with scythes for arms. It was taller than her for deity's sake! She got out of the way as fast as possible, clamouring on the ground for her dropped pokeball. As soon as she had a firm grip on it, she released Sparow from its confines and got up to run. It was quite clear that this was not one of those battles they televise on TV at prime time, she was the headline news. "Girl found dead in the forests by Ignatius River."

    "Sparow! Help me please! You're a bird! Birds eat bugs right? Do something please!" She called out desperately, but it only seemed to confuse Sparow who had landed without a clue of what was going on. That didn't last for long as the scyther took a swing at her, Sparow barely getting out of the way. El screamed as she saw her precious partner attacked, but she was her only hope. Somewhere in the back of her mind the thought that flying types have an advantage over bug types had taken hold, and she wasn't about to throw it away. "Quick while you're close to it! Peck! And then, and then Growl! Twice! Make it weak stop it stop it! Please!" By this point El was clinging to a nearby tree for support, sobbing in fear. This was not what she'd signed up for when she came to visit. But she got it and there was no running away.

    Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets


  13. #263
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    The Island
    Garland Basin
    Son_of_Shadows


    You can feel the telepathic prescence of your Munna, but, oddly enough, it feels kind of mellowed out and droggy. And, actually, you feel kinda of groggy yourself, and look around the room. You still cannot see anything, but can smell a sickly sweet smell in the air. It must be some kind of mind-affecting substance. It makes your head seem like it was wrapped in a fog, and you can't quite tell what it going on. Your Munna tries to Teleport out of its own bindings, but it finds that it can't, not having the mental concentration to do so. You sigh a bit as you think of your own predicament. You were in the hot spring, when a man dropped some herbs into the water. It is probably the same thing that it making the powerful incense, but, it seems to be a lot weaker than the herbs in the water. You are bound by your hands and your feet, and you are off the ground, though bound to what you do not know. You can't see anything outside. Your Munna tells you in broken thoughts about how hopeless this situation seems, and mumble a response, though, you don' t think he heard you.

    Just then, a door opens up behind you and fills the room in beautiful light. Just like that, the drug's effects wear off on you...it is clearly meant to subdue someone in the abscence of light. You look at your Munna, but it does not seemed to have helped him out at all, he must be under the effect of a different drug. You can see that the Munna is in a cage made of sticks, and that you are bound in iron chains attached to a stake. You have no idea what is going on, but a man in walks in front of you, topless, with some sort of tribals paints all over his body. He is a white man though, and does show a little bit of the chubby side to him. Seems this is not a true native man. He grabs the pole along with another man, who you notice has really strong arms, and carries you over to a large crowd, who appears to be chanting some chant, but whatever it is you are not sure. You see they are a diverse group, with all kinds of people. Definetely not a native group. You are planted into the ground, along with your Munna, who is planted in front of you. Things have gone from bad, to worse.

    What will you do?


    Steven seemed dejected at being unable to Teleport them away. It seemed the hot water, combined with the herbs and the incense had completely messed up his mind, and with it, his psychic power. Joshua wasn't feeling too great either, but he had to try and stay positive. "Don't worry Steven, we'll just have to find another way out of here..."

    Jo, I read mind, know how feel...

    "Oops." The scent was obviously affecting his brain more than he thought if he'd forgotten that. He tried to take a step, and found himself unable to go anywhere. He was chained to something? What the hell was going on here? He still couldn't see... Until the door opened, and light filled the area. The scent disappeared too, and Joshua felt as though he'd snapped back to reality. Could whatever drug this was only be effective without light? Did that even make sense? Not the issue. C'mon Joshua. He looked over to Steven, to see him trapped in a wooden cage, while he was bound to a stake. This just didn't bode well, especially when two men covered in tribal markings carried him and the Munna into the middle of a crowd, planting them in the centre together. An ethnically diverse group was chanting something he couldn't quite understand, and it all just had the most ominous feeling he could imagine.

    Why is it that every time I go somewhere, something inevitably tries to kill me...

    He had only one hope. Steven was currently incapacitated, and it wasn't like Joshua was any sort of fighter either. He'd have to use his brain to get out of this. "I demand to speak to your leader!" he called out. Did they even understand English? If not, well, damn, that was probably death right there. Fun times for all!
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Mt. Infernus
    The second largest of Cortoza's mountains, Mt. Infernus is now extinct. Many Pokémon have made their homes within the vast network of tunnels and caverns deep within the mountain, and aren't all that accustomed to seeing people. It's become the primary breeding ground for many of the rarer Pokémon who tend to shy away from humans, and due to the protective nature of the parent Pokémon, quite a hazardous area to traverse.

    Areas:
    Waterfall: A large waterfall cascading down the side of Mt. Infernus and into the Ignatius River before flowing out to sea. Many tourists and trainers love to bask in the sun by its banks which are much more pleasant to visit than the uninviting Shale Beach surrounding the island.

    The sun was bright and sunny, the undergrowth of the rain forest and the cascading waterfall made for a wonderful back drop.

    A boy of around 20 with black/brown hair and shorts, sat along the banks of the river, his legs resting inside the the pool of water, cool and refreshing.
    His brown eyes watching his Frillish playing in the water,
    Narcissa was enjoying the deep blue water while Grace was taking a nap by a near by tree where Hallow had set up camp.

    He jumped right in to the pool and swam for a bit, the roar of the waterfall relaxing his body,

    The sun was starting to paint colorful arrays of blues, purples, and reds in the sky,
    He swam back to the edge and jumped out to cook dinner for everyone,

    He dried off, changed to jeans and a jacket.
    Quickly he got the necessities needed to cook,

    By the time the food was ready the night sky had set in and everyone had gathered to fest,

    "Alright everyone, lets eat!,'
    everyone loudly ate their food, which was music to the chef's ears. He was no longer alone, he had built himself a nice little family, and he was content.


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 9:38 AM.

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Cortoza
    The Volcanic Island


    The Island
    The constant heat seeping up through Cortoza's volcanic soil has given the island a distinct tropical feel, a vast and winding rainforest taking up a large percentage of the land's mass and surrounding each of Cortoza's mountains. The rainforest is humid and full of life, but also very dangerous. The ground is unstable in certain areas making hiking through the forest dangerous even for the most experienced of guides. Several patches of arid, rocky land dot the island, where no vegetation will grow, and it's there that some of the strongest and most fearsome Pokémon roam.

    Areas:
    Shale Beach: Shale Beach stretches around the outskirts of the island itself. Its sand is gritty and black, not at all the postcard picture you want to be sending home.
    "We're going to the beach!" declared Karmas, Sheldon slowly dragging himself by his trainer's side.

    Initially Karmas had been a little apprehensive about coming to Cortoza with Sheldon, especially since Sheldon was a turtle, and they weren't exactly well known for their prowess on land. However once he saw that there was a lot more water related places in Cortoza than he has actually thought there was, well he was pretty happy to go and give Sheldon a little adventure.

    As for the turtle himself, all he could think about was actually getting into the water. The sweet, sweet water, then Sheldon could get nice and wet and cool and wet, just like a water type should be. Though he did sort of wonder why Karmas didn't just keep him in his ball till they got to the sweet wet cool water, but Sheldon was still happy that he was allowed out.

    And so the pair ventured forth, both looking forward to their destination, Shale Beach.

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walk
    Dark Searchman


    The Larvesta was showing itself to be a truly feisty beasty, and the fact that it was able to hold its own against both a Seviper and a Druddigon is truly comendable. But, you are determined to get the little guy into your party as quickly and as neatly as possible. Sarkahn is the first to move, his tail glowing a bright purple color as special toxins fill he iinside of his skin. Impossible you say? Well, seeing as every Pokemon except Magikarp, Burmy, Wynaut, and Wobbuffet can use Toxic, it really isn't that weird. Sarkahn swings his tail towards Larvesta, who tries a dodge, but unforunately is unable to, taking a somewhat small hit in the process. He gives a little grunt as he gets back up from the attack, The Larvesta looks confindent after than attack, and gives out another screech into the air, a giant BUG BUZZ racing through the walkway. A few trainers who had been paying attention grunt and cover their ears, and Sarkahn roars again from he pain. Amethyst looks at his brethen in oain, and goes to help him out. Amethyst's tail becomes covered in poison energy itself, mimicking the same attack Sarkahn had used. The tail becomes filled with poison, and Ameythst swings ti. Larvesta does not see it coming, and takes it right to a weak spot, screeching as it flies into the air, and hit the ground, taking a CRITICAL HIT!

    Larvesta gets up, not poisoned from either attack, and looks at Sarkahn, who has just recovered himself from the powerful Bug Buzz. His mouth fills up with powerful draconic fires that burn a spectacular blue color, and seemed to be fillled with rage from having his ears ringing after those two attacks. He breathes out a large fireball of flames, smashing into Larvesta, sending him flying from the powerful attack. He gets up again, and this time, directs an attack at Seviper. True to his hot and bold nature, he birst into flames, charging at Seviper with vicious intent. He slams into Amethyst in powerful flames, and Amethyst yells out from the powerful FLARE BLITZ. He gets back up, and looks at Larvesta, shooting some poison from its fangs at the little fella. They hit him, but, since he has not been confused, it does some decent damage and just sits there, doing nothing, harmless with another poison. Sarkahn took another large hit, and it a little worn down, but he is not bad. He might be able to use a few more Poison tails at this point. Amethyst is a little better off than Sarkahn, but is a little bit more worn out. The Larvesta is really taking a beating, and it showing its fair share of bruises and marks. It is more worn out than both Sarkahn and Amethyst too, but his strong attitude is keeping him in there.

    What will you do?
    {Amethyst is actually a female, not a male. (No, stop, Amy, he'll get it right, I know it! *tries to hold her back from attacking you* >_<)}

    Sarkhan and Amethyst may not have been as enthused about the idea of having this Larvesta as a teammate, but they were at least motivated to take this spunky Pokemon down a notch. Sarkhan would start by filling Poison into his Tail then trying to smack it into the bug. Larvesta tried to dodge the attack but got clipped by the tip of Sarkhan's tail, wincing from the damage. It was ready to dole out some more payback in the form of another Bug Buzz attack, making everybody, especially Sarkhan, cover their ears. Sarkhan was roaring in pain and annoyance from this nasty sonic attack; he had enough of it! Amethyst had enough of the Torch Pokemon's defiance, and was ready to show it her own Poison Tail. This time, Larvesta's guard was dropped and got sliced by the tail blade as a result, screaming in excruciating pain!

    Then Sarkhan gathered some of his draconic power and spat out a Dragon-shaped flame which would engulf Larvesta in its Rage, knocking it into the air once again. Then Larvesta wreathed himself in more flames and shot out at Amethyst again, this time forcing her to shriek from getting hit by the powerful Flare Blitz. She retaliates with her Venoshock which hits Larvesta, but, unfortunately, since neither Poison Tail was able to poison the bug, the attack doesn't nearly do as much damage as it could do. Between the two scaly Pokemon, Amethyst had a little more health, but Sarkhan had a little more energy. However, both Pokemon were ahead of Larvesta in health and energy and were starting to gain an overall advantage over their quarry. The battle looked a little shaky at the start for Hyrem's snake and dragon, but going up against a tag team was clearly starting to take its toll on Larvesta.

    "All right, we're starting to win it here, so let's go for the KO!" encouraged Hyrem. "Sarkhan, try to slow it down with a Rock Tomb, then do another Poison Tail! Amethyst, use Aqua Tail for some more type advantage against Larvesta, then do another Poison Tail with Sarkhan!" He thought about throwing a Pokeball after that round would end, but decided against it; up to this point, Larvesta had shown phenomenal energy against them... who knows how much spirit it still had left in the tank? No, not yet... maybe a little later...

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Cortoza
    The Volcanic Island

    Floating serenely in the middle of the ocean, Cortoza is a secluded land mass which was once a beautiful and highly populated tropical island. Two hundred years ago a powerful oceanic earthquake resulted in a chain reaction of death and destruction as Cortoza's active volcanic mountains erupted in a series of cataclysmic explosions that churned out a spectacular display of ash, rock, and molten lava, and finally ending with Mt Fumi's stupendous paroxysmal eruption. All of Cortoza's vegetation was destroyed, while humans and Pokémon not fast enough to flee perished in the resulting destruction as the western end of the island collapsed beneath the sea, generating a series of devastating pyroclastic flows and immense tsunamis that ravaged adjacent coastlines. The events of that day marked the last 24 hours on earth for over 50,000 people and 300,000 Pokémon, as the wave of destruction flowed across hundreds of coastal villages and towns. For the next hundred years nobody dared approach the island due to the constant seismic activity and mini eruptions, but for the past several decades all has been quiet. Pokémon have returned, and with very few people drawn to the volcanic island, wildlife has been given the chance to thrive. Although wary, people are also beginning to venture to Cortoza again, some of the more opportunistic seeing this land as their chance to strike it rich due to its fast-booming tourism industry. Most are curious though, as the island has shown amazing regenerative qualities, and many are eager to explore and to witness the miraculous regrowth for themselves. The tropical jungle is flourishing once more, Pokémon have returned, and as far as everyone is aware most of Cortoza's volcanoes have been laying dormant for almost one hundred years.


    Mt. Ceniza
    Always grey, Mt. Ceniza is constantly coated in a thin layer of ash. An active volcano, she doesn't appear to be on the verge of eruption - not any time soon, anyway - but her constant rumbling can be felt by those who travel near. This mountain has become a tourist attraction, particularly for those interested in collecting ash, though the tremors felt do tend to keep the more nervous travellers away.

    Areas:

    The Rock Pool: Deep, deep, deep, within the bowels of Mt. Infernus there is rumoured to be a secluded water-filled chamber where extremely rare and ancient Pokémon dwell. Some even say that Pokémon have mutated over the centuries to create new breeds, never before seen in the land of Fizzy Bubbles. This has never been confirmed or denied, as those who have stumbled across this chamber have never been able to defeat the Pokémon they've encountered, let alone capture them. When told to bring proof of their existence, those who have tried to return to the chamber have never been able to find it again. Who knows? If you're lucky, you may just stumble across it...
    A young trainer groaned as he took a look at his shoes. "Guess I should have come better prepared, at least with older shoes for them not be covered in ash, huh?" A mole stood next to the trainer, who seemed to be in a world of his own as the trainer talked to him, mesmerized by the layer of ash around him. "Hey Guaca," the trainer tried to get the Drilbur's attention, "How do you like this place?" The Drilbur only stared at the remains and ash all around him, though The Rock Pool wasn't his first choice of a place to explore, it was certainly fun to look around this island, especially to try and find ancient Pokemon. "I know you'll like it here Guaca." The trainer pet the mole's head, which startled him a little at first. "Don't worry buddy, I won't let anything happen to you!" The trainer said to Guaca, who seemed a little unsure. The trainer chuckled slightly as he thought to himself, "It'll take a while to gain your trust little one, but I will.". "Alright buddy, we need to get to the The Rock Pool!" The mole nodded at his trainer, ready to continue on his way to the area, both setting off to explore whatever may lay hidden there or near the area.

  18. #268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post


    Pele's Temple: Built by the descendants of Cortoza's survivors as a place of worship for their beloved Goddess, this pure white marble temple is a work of art. Etchings, paintings, and sculptures depict the Cortozan Goddess in all of her flaming beauty, and those who enter the temple are expected to leave an offering in order to keep Pele happy.
    ”My GOD it’s hot out here,” cries Hugo, stumbling around blindly in the heat.

    It was hot, but not THAT hot. Hugo was prone to overreacting to…well, pretty much everything, and it was no different in this case. Being a big baby, he decided he needed to find a place to sit and rest and try to cool off. As he turned a corner on his trail, he was greeted by the massive stone structure. The white marble sparkled and dazzled in the light, apparently not losing any of its magnificent luster despite being thousands of years old. Slightly intimidated, Hugo made his way toward the temple, desperate for a moment of rest.

    Finally he reached the destination. He stepped under the roof of the building into the shade. The heat, though slightly more bearable, was still pretty stifling. Hugo walked over to a large column and pressed his face against the cool, smooth surface for relief. He wiped beads of sweat out of his eyes and looked around noticing various paintings, sculptures, and other effigies depicting the same person. Slightly confused, Hugo pulled an information book from his backpack and began to read.

    “Built by the descendants of Cortoza's survivors as a place of worship for their beloved Goddess, this pure white marble temple is a work of art. Etchings, paintings, and sculptures depict the Cortozan Goddess in all of her flaming beauty, and those who enter the temple are expected to leave an offering in order to keep Pele happy,” he stated.

    Hugo, among other things, was superstitious. The last thing he needed was an angry fire goddess. He decided he would make an offering. But of what? He had nothing of any real value on him. Perhaps he could make something? He pondered for a moment. Suddenly, he had an idea. He released Kingler and Throh. The Judo and Pincer Pokemon greeted him happily, eager for an adventure.

    “Alright, guys. We’re in a bit of a pickle here. We need to create some sort of artistic offering to the goddess of this temple. So we’re going to make a sculpture. Throh, I need you to go and collect a large pile of dirt,” he said. Throh gave Hugo a “uh…whatever you say” look before lumbering out of the temple, collecting a huge pile of dirt in his arms, and plopping it on the pristine white floor of the temple with a huge thud.

    “Kingler, a little water, please,” Hugo requested. Kingler, sharing Throh’s attitude, fired out a Bubblebeam onto the pile of dirt, changing it to a pile of mud. Hugo dug his hands into the squishy heap and began to form it into various shapes for a few minutes.

    “VOILA!” he shouted taking a step back from his masterpiece. It barely looked human, let alone like Pele. Kingler and Throh didn’t seem to share his enthusiasm, but Hugo stood in the temple proudly. He looked around the temple for someone or something to boast to.

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,839

    Default A massive batch of lava for the updatees...if I could find some way to hold it.

    Just so you know, I do have a really good adventure planned for myahoo, Son_of_Shadows, and Food Guy. Just if you are wondering because of the similarities between them all.

    And, I am DEFINETELY capped now. So, no more please.



    The Island
    Ignatius River
    LASL


    Sparow gives a loud squawk at the Scyther, who doesn't seem to be too scared by the squawkings of just a little bird. The Scyther just trills and hisses at the bird, before zooming off into the brush. Sparow looks around for the Scyther, but can't seem to find it anywhere. For a Pokemon whose green coloring makes it nearly invisible in the forest, finding it is going to be a hard thing to do. Sparow looks disoriented, until the Scyther pops out from the forest behind you. He is moving very QUICKly, moving so fast you have no time to react as he slams into Sparow, taking a clean leap over you, his ATTACK sending Sparow flying...it seems that the massive weight and height advantage gives him a serious edge over Sparow. Sparow flaps back, and tries to give Scyther a serious PECKing, but Scyther is able to make like a giant scythe wielding bug and cuts it. Ohhhhh yeah, I just brought it. Sparow is completely disoriented, and is completely befuddled by the insane speed this Scyther seems to have. Sparow looks around for the Scyther again, but cannot seem to find it. You here a movement in the bushes to the right of you, and yell out to Sparow. He looks to the right just at the right time to hear what sounded like a short VACUUM suck followed by a quick WAVE of energy. Sparow attempts to roll under it, but still takes quite a bit of damage from that attack.

    Sparow growls at the Scyther in the bushes, who at least seems a little impressed by the Spearow's determination in battlle. But doesn't take the full effect. He zooms off again ino the woods, and leaves both you and Sparow guessing about where the Scyther will appear next. The Ralts in the tree looks like it is concentrating hard, and you feel a slight worm inside your mind. You accept Turt's prescence, and he says, "The Scyther seems to attack in a counter-clockwise pattern. I think he is in front of me now, I believe. I am not quite sure..." Just then, the Scyther appears from the bushes...right in front of you! It seems that Turt was right! He does attack in a counter clock-wise fashion! He strikes Sparow again with another one of those powerful ATTACKs, being QUICK and stealthy as he always is. He zooms off again, but Sparow has heard the same information you have, and growls to the left of you. This actually does psyche the Scyther out, as you caught onto his strategy. He skitters for a bit, but gets back into the game. Sparow looks to be a little bit beat from the attacks, but is not doing bad at all.

    What will you do?


    The Island
    Garland Basin
    Son_of_Shadows


    You scream out that you want to talk to the group's leader about what is happening. The crowd looks around as if they are trying to look for something, when a man steps out from the crowd. He is quite obviously the leader. If he wasn't, there was some really cool guy as the leader. He was wearing a crown that looked like it was carved out of ivory, but it was really crude. This was obviously not the work of a skilled craftsman, showing more evidence of a non-native group. His robe was more finely crafted, made of beautiful antiquated blue Archeops feathers, and beautiful red thread, a truly magnificent sight of the behold for all eyes. He held a staff in his hand that was covered in a few hairs, and was obviously made of bone. The staff was probably the only thing that was authenic about this, and you figured that this staff was the key to it all here. Steven tunes into your mind to agree, but is still foggy, it seems that whatever is keeping Steven high, it takes a long time to make it go low. The leader stands in front of you, and looks at the crowd, raising his hands into the air. The crowd screams a chant, that sounds like, "HECALLA! HECALLA! HECALLASKY!" It sounds vaguely English, which assures you a little bit. The leaders turns back towards you, and stomps his staff onto the ground. Two men come by with small sticks in there hands, and put them at the base of the staff you are chained to. They want to burn you alive. Well, all's well that end's well, as I always say....

    The leader looks back towards the crowd, and lowers his hands, causing them to quite down. He looks at you, and says, "Young man, I am the leader of this here tribe. My name is Sky Chief Kenawasabe, and we serve the Sky God, for hopes that he might bless our crops and give us the power we need to cleanse ourselves of the impurities that we once had." He looks back to the crowd, who is obviously waiting for something to happen. "Welcome my bretheren! We have come here today, to make a sacrifice to the Sky God, the one in the sky who looks upon all over his children with pleasure, and who looks upon all outsiders with hatred and fear. He is the one who will cleanse us of all our past wrongs as outsiders, all the depreavities and the misfortunes that we had done in the past. But, the Sky God helps us even more! He blesses the crops, and makes the rivers in our land run clean! The Sky God gives us the power to make the outsiders flee from us, and to stay off of our land! The Sky God is our shepard!' The leader spoke with increasing intensity, with the folllowing of the crowd; they were eating this stuff up. It was obviously some sort of cult based around some Sky God. You hoped that you could get out of this alive. You look at the crowd, when you see a girl, about your age, looking at you. In fact, she has been staring at you for quite a while now. She is not what one would call stunning, seeing as she is a little malnourished and covered in the equivalent of rags, but her kind face and her red hair are appealing to you...even if these ARE your final moments. The leader picks up again, this time, with a hush, like he is betraying some sort of secret. "But, does the Sky God do all of this for his children for free?" He looks at the crowd, who are all shaking their heads in a no, even the girl. Maybe she isn't on your side anyways....The leader picks up again, this time, with all the intensity and more, "NO! He does NOT do this for free! He expects things from his children! He expects that we take the blood of our enemies, and spill it for him! He expects us to teach the outsiders how the Sky God works on his children!"

    This looks like quite the situation, but, there may be a way out, if you look closely....

    What will you do?


    Mt. Infernus
    Waterfall
    Takeo


    After your feast, you and your new Frillish partner, Narcissa decide to take a quiet nap by the waterfall. You both tuck yourselves into a nice warm sleeping bag, before you know it, you are both out, completely cold. You find youself falling into a deep sleep very quickly, and find yourself in the dream realm. You find yourself in a wintery wasteland, and it looks like this is what Cortoza is going to be like. You are unsure how you kinda know that, if that is just that inner feeling that people get when they are having dreams, or if it actually has something to do with the dream. It seemed a little too real, and in the real world, you shiver and moan from the cold. This wakes Narcissa up, who tries to wake you, to no avail. It seems like the dream world has you completely...

    "The world is cold, my little Takeo.
    What is more, the world is doomed.
    You are the only one who can find the solution,
    A gem of worlds that is divine.
    One of power to rule the skies."

    Yes, I suck at rhyming. Deal with it. You look around in the winter wonderland, wondering who it was that was speaking to you. You were sure that it was a woman, seeing as the voice was feminine and all. You look around and find a sign. You were sure that the sign did not exist where you were in time. It seemed to be pointing towards...where the waterfall went into the river? That makes no sense. There were obviously a river there, but how would you get into the river? The answer hits you then. Narcissa can Dive under the water. Obviously, this is your first clue on a long quest. You look around, when you feel wet tentacles all over your body. You feel like you are being shaken, and can hear a voice in the distance. You wake up and see Narcissa gripping you, trying to wake you up. You scream from the suddeness of prescence, and roll back, Narcissa still clinging on to you. She seems that want to know what was happening.

    What will you do?


    The Island
    Shale Beach
    Food Guy



    You and your friend Sheldon walk down the path towards Shale Beach...well, Sheldon rather drags herself along the ground, not having the limb capacity to really move along the ground as of yet. And he probably won't have the ability to for a little while. But, for now, Sheldon is just happy to be outside and moving towards water. You follow the path until you catch sight of the Shale Beach, and what you see was not unexpected. The beach had calm, shallow waves, and the sand was a dark black color, probably because of the rich deposits of obsidian nearby. Sheldon looks overjoyed at the fact that she is going to be so close to water, and picks up the pace, dragging himself across the black sand. You look happily on her as she splashes on the waves, knowing that you have chosen the right place to take an adventure to.

    Just then, you hear something in the distance, sounding like a "THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP" You look around to see if you can see anything, and you do. A helicopter flies down from the east into the forest, kicking up some of the sand on the beach. You grimace from the stinging of flying sand as you see that it is dropping nearby, and would probably be a good idea to check it out. You call Sheldon out of the water, and walk into the forest. You only have to walk a little ways before you see what all the hubbub was all about. It looked like some sort of secret military base that was hastily constructed, with odd white pipes and big, important looking buildings. You see people in lab coats, though, they are not white but more of a beige color, with symbols that have a tower and the letter LS on them. They move to and from buildings with no sign of slowing down, like something important had happened in the past two seconds. You look for the helicopter, and see the landing pad to your right. The door is opened, and someone is being lowered onto the ground. He is in a tightly pressed business suit, with a clean haircut and a pair of shades on his head. On one ear is an earpiece that he regularly talks to, probably giving orders and such. The whole thing looks weird on an island, and in the forest as well.

    You are approached by the man, who had obviously seen you when he got out of the helicopter. He takes off his shades revealing his eyes, brown and suspicisious. He looks you over, and Sheldon, before releasing a sigh. "Well well kid, what exactly are you doing here? This is a top secret operation that we are running here, and we can't have people coming to and from our site. You are not with those people from the musuem, are you?" The man talked so fast you are barely sure you heard him right, but shake your head no, you didn't know about any museum. Or a site for that matter. "Well good kid, we cannot have those history lovers coming in and messing with our operation. We are the Lufenian society, a secret society that wants to find Lufenian technology and use it for the good of humanity. That is al we want. There technology is beyond comprehension, partly because none of it was ever found. If the relics and the artifacts are anything to believe, the technology is far ahead of ours. Now, get in the large building on the left, they will have you fitten and clothed." You look at him with a look of shock. You never agreed to be part of this. "This IS a secret organization. You don't think that I would tell you all of that just to have you leave, would I?" Two men in uniform push you ahead, and you begrudgingly move ahead.

    What will you do?


    Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walkway
    Dark Searchman


    The Larvesta sure has shown a huge amount of spunk. He has faced up to two powerful Pokemon, and has held his own for quite a while. But, his time might be drawing near, as he looks pretty worn out. It might be a good idea to try and take him out now! Sarkahn looks at the Larvesta, and gives out a loud bellow, screaming into the air. This gives him a little bit of a pick me up, and grabs a couple of large rocks from around the walkway. It is a volcanic island, there are randomly strewn boulders everywhere. Yep, perfect sense right there. Sarkahn yells out again as he throws the rocks into the air, and Larvesta only looks in horror as the rocks crash down around him, causing immense damage because of those quadruple weaknesses. Larvesta groans and moans as it tries to get out from under the rubble, looking might beaten. Yeah...those quadruple weaknesses cna really beat those Pokemon. Amethyst, the man girl snake looks at the struggling bug, and gets its second wind. It seems that the tables have turned, and that the bug is the one who is going to get the pain. Larvsta sturggles under the weight of the rubble as Ametyhst immediately jumps in front of him, wiggling her tail as she gets ready for the pounce once again. Larvesta looks at Amethyst will determined eyes, as Amethyst jumps at the Larvesta. It wraps around the Larvesta, who is near helpless in the position it is in. Amethyst charges her tail full of aqautic energy, and swings it at the Larvesta in really close range. It blasts water all over the Larvesta and over Amethyst. The Larvesta gives out one last cry before it goes limp in Amethyst's grips, and she coos as she finally got her "kill."

    Sarkahn and Amethyst gained one level!

    Amethyst slithers over to you with the Larvesta in her mouth, and she drops it at your feet. It is a common thing for animals to do that. It is sort of like a present. A limp present. ^.^; The Larvesta comes to, and looks up at you. It freaks out and sprays an EMBER all over the place, but, it does not have the willpower to do much else, coughing up a couple of embers before stopping. It looks beaten, and looks at you again. It still has a look of determination in its eyes. You probably would not be able to catch it now, but it looks calmed down some. Should you try to talk to it now?

    What will you do?


    Mt. Ceniza
    The Rock Pool
    Itzatrap


    You have come here for one purpose, well, okay, not every time. You did come here to meet an ancient Pokemon, but you also had to try and gain the trust of your Drilbur, Guaca. He does not seem to be very friendly, but not every Pokemon is when you first meet them. Hell, I know this personally myself. Have I been breaking the fourth wall a little too much? Okay...you really want to find the Rock Pool, but, you may have problems. You have read something about it in the brochure to come here, but it is really hard to find, and it seems that people either don't come back out or if they do, they can never seem to come back in. You also cannot seem to navigate the deep jungle yourself, despite the fact that Quaca can cut some of the leaves with his clawlike hands. You push through the forest, getting some small cuts and scrapes as the leaves brush past you. You wander, not sure where exactly you are going, before you find an odd clearing.

    The clearing was a near perfect circle, if not a perfect ellispe. In the middle of the clearing, which was quite large, was a lake, a lake of perfectly clear water. It was so clear, you were almost sure that you could see striaght to the bottom, though, it also looked very deep. But, the weirdest thing it, that in the middle of the lake was a floating rock. It was actually some sort of platform. But, for it to be levitating in mid-air? How odd. There were also a set of steps right in front of you, so, it makes some sense that you were meant to climb up here. Guaca looks extremely worried about it, and is trying to pull you away. But, you are oddly entranced by it, it seemed to be calling out to you.........................It was.

    "If you can survive the Trial of the Wind,
    and claim the right to be of few
    Who truly have a path to greatness.
    Come into my humble abode
    and try out for yourself,
    whether or not your soul can take it."

    The voice was feminine, and very seductive. You felt like you had no choice, but Guaca was still pulling on you. This helps you snap out of the trance. You are sure he is distressed about the rock, but nothing seemed wrong about it. Except it was floating.

    What will you do?


    Mt. Pele
    Pele's Temple
    King Ghidorah


    You hae trudged your way up from the bottom of the mountain to the place called Pele's Temple. You have heard some people say the self-pain was the way to salvation, but this sure was ridiculous. The temple was near the top of the mountain, and it was all stairs. You figured ti could probably be worse, but the heat was near searing and you felt kinda faint. You enter the temple, and place you offering on the altar. You hope that it is good enough for Pele, but nothing happens. You wait and wait and wait for something to happen, but, unfortunately, nothing really does. You turn back when you hear a voice say behind you, "Well, they say that the real things happen to people who wait, not those who feel that things should come an the drop of a dime." You look back and see a midde-aged man looking back at you. He wasn't anything real spectacular, but you knew he was a preist. "It is said that the quality of the offering is not what is important. Actually, it is the quality of the heart that makes the offering. See, we have a lot of people who come in here, and offer money, or priceless goods to us, thinking that it will appeal to the gods. Sometimes it does, depending on how they give. The decider of Pele changes a gift based on the heart of the user. Sometimes, money has spontaneously combusted into thin air. Othertimes, a small copper plate has turned into a fine golden chalice. It is the heart that decides."

    Suddenly, the two statues that stood next to the altar began to glow a bright red color, and a door opened up in the altar itself. You think that the altar must have been constructed with great care, but, oddly enough, the door was not too large. You hear some footsteps followed by a squeak. You figure that it is probably a Pokemon of some sort, though what you have no idea on however. You watch the door intently when you see a little V pop up from out of the hole. Then, you see a little face poke up at you, blue eyes and a wide grin shining its face. You can hardly believe your stars! That is a Victini! The guardian of the temple is a Victini. "The time of judgement has come. The Guardian of the Temple will judge your offering." The Victini looks upon your offering with a frown, which immediately makes you scared. You wonder if you did something wrong, but when it shakes its head, you realize that it is more of a "This could be better" frown than a "This is bad" frown. This helps you out a little bit, but, unfortunately it doesn't make you anymore sure of yourself. The Victini puts its hands together and concentrates really hard, when a ball of fire suddenly engulfs your offering. You are literally in shock. You nearly fall over when the man grabs you, and points that you should keep watching. You do, and you see your offering is taking a new shape. Your Kingler and Throh, who had been here(I totally did not forget about them, no no) the entire time but had been to apathetic to care, look in awe at the legendary's power. When the Victini opens its eyes again, the SEARING SHOT dissapears into thin air, and what if left is astonising. It is a beautiful bronze statue of Pele, the Volcano goddess. It was eons better than what was there before, and you again go into shock. "That is the power of the Volcano Goddess Pele. Your gift is more pure than it is was before. You will be blessed with good luck. " The Victini gives a final wave before going back down the door, it closing behind it. You bow to the man, who merely shakes it off, and leave the temple.

    As you walk down the stairs, you see a couple of guys in black uniforms go up the stairs with a Houndoom in tow. This is obviously a suspicious looking group, so, you look back as they go into the temple. There is some shouting, and a blast of fire comes out the temple doors. You run back up the stairs, and see that the group is trying to steal the Victini! Victini does not look concerned at all, as the V on its head begins to glow a fabulous flame. It is launched at the Houndoom, but it mereby gets absorbed by the Houndoom's FLASH FIRE. The Houndoom forms a black ball of energy in its mouth, that condenses and shoots out a rough "beam" of dark spirals, hitting the Victini with a powerful DARK PULSE. It flies back, crashing into the offerings, shattering it. It pushes a stone in the wall, and an alcove opens up, and it runs in, but a Houndour that was released sometime after they got in goes after it, while the Houndoom and the two men run around the bigger doors, hoping to catch it. The man who was here before has some serious burns.

    What will you do?

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Just so you know, I do have a really good adventure planned for myahoo, Son_of_Shadows, and Food Guy. Just if you are wondering because of the similarities between them all.

    And, I am DEFINETELY capped now. So, no more please.



    Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walkway
    Dark Searchman


    The Larvesta sure has shown a huge amount of spunk. He has faced up to two powerful Pokemon, and has held his own for quite a while. But, his time might be drawing near, as he looks pretty worn out. It might be a good idea to try and take him out now! Sarkahn looks at the Larvesta, and gives out a loud bellow, screaming into the air. This gives him a little bit of a pick me up, and grabs a couple of large rocks from around the walkway. It is a volcanic island, there are randomly strewn boulders everywhere. Yep, perfect sense right there. Sarkahn yells out again as he throws the rocks into the air, and Larvesta only looks in horror as the rocks crash down around him, causing immense damage because of those quadruple weaknesses. Larvesta groans and moans as it tries to get out from under the rubble, looking might beaten. Yeah...those quadruple weaknesses cna really beat those Pokemon. Amethyst, the man girl snake looks at the struggling bug, and gets its second wind. It seems that the tables have turned, and that the bug is the one who is going to get the pain. Larvsta sturggles under the weight of the rubble as Ametyhst immediately jumps in front of him, wiggling her tail as she gets ready for the pounce once again. Larvesta looks at Amethyst will determined eyes, as Amethyst jumps at the Larvesta. It wraps around the Larvesta, who is near helpless in the position it is in. Amethyst charges her tail full of aqautic energy, and swings it at the Larvesta in really close range. It blasts water all over the Larvesta and over Amethyst. The Larvesta gives out one last cry before it goes limp in Amethyst's grips, and she coos as she finally got her "kill."

    Sarkahn and Amethyst gained one level!

    Amethyst slithers over to you with the Larvesta in her mouth, and she drops it at your feet. It is a common thing for animals to do that. It is sort of like a present. A limp present. ^.^; The Larvesta comes to, and looks up at you. It freaks out and sprays an EMBER all over the place, but, it does not have the willpower to do much else, coughing up a couple of embers before stopping. It looks beaten, and looks at you again. It still has a look of determination in its eyes. You probably would not be able to catch it now, but it looks calmed down some. Should you try to talk to it now?

    What will you do?
    {Whew, okay, Amethyst looks pleased now, so you can rest a little easier at night again. }

    Now that Hyrem's Pokemon had proven their worth over a Larvesta, they were ready to finish up the battle. "DRUUUUUDDD!" Sarkhan roars his obvious intentions then lifts up a couple of large Rocks in each hand. As soon as he throws them, he looks on in satisfaction; the bug could only sit there bug-eyed as the boulders bury it in a quadruple-damaging Tomb. Larvesta barely gets out, and looks stuck, helpless, and extremely tired in front of Amethyst. ...It should've put more effort into hiding that. Amethyst smirks hungrily at the opportunity, and she slithers closer to the defenseless prey before pouncing, tying it up in her coils, then using her Aqua-charged Tail blade to smack Larvesta with a Water-type attack pointblank. Some of the water even splashes onto Amethyst! Ahhh, so soothing after getting hit by so many Fire attacks from this pest! Moreover, the attack overwhelmed said pest and knocked it out, making it unable to struggle in the Fang Snake's grip.

    Then Amethyst lightly grabbed Larvesta with her mouth--Hyrem watched her to make sure she didn't try to swallow it--and carefully slithered back over to Hyrem before placing it at her trainer's feet, her tongue flicking out expectantly, with Sarkhan rejoining the group soon after. "Uh... thanks... I guess..." Hyrem said nervously as he reached down to pick up the bug now covered in snake saliva. Suddenly, Larvesta wakes up and lashes out with a few more Embers before it stopped, unable to do much else now. It then simply looked at Hyrem with eyes still burning with passion. Nope, still too energetic to try and catch, but at least Hyrem could now talk with it. He bends down slowly so as not to spook the bug again, then talks to it softly: "It's all right, we're not going to hurt you anymore. Right, guys?"

    Hyrem looks up to see his Pokemon looking away, as though they weren't listening. "Right? Guys?" he asked sternly. The two reptiles suddenly look back towards Hyrem and nod quickly. He wasn't fully convinced by this, but he went ahead and looked back down to Larvesta. "By the way, great battle, Larvesta; you gave these two a really good challenge, and that's saying something. Anyway, I like your spirit, and I think you'd be a great fit to the team. If you want to come with us then say so, but if you don't want to yet then at least answer me this: what exactly are you doing out here all alone anyway?" The Druddigon and the Seviper keep a close watch on Larvesta, ready to strike should the bug try to pull a fast one again. But it really did seem strange to Hyrem that one lone Larvesta was out here; there was no one else of its kind around, as far as he could see, though that wasn't as surprising considering its rarity. Maybe Larvesta live solitary lives from birth, but Dexelle said one myth about them is that they are born from the sun... maybe it was sent here to perform some specific task?


    Level Up! Sarkhan grew from Lv. 25 to Lv. 26!

    Level Up! Amethyst grew from Lv. 25 to Lv. 26!

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  21. #271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Pele
    Pele's Temple
    King Ghidorah


    You hae trudged your way up from the bottom of the mountain to the place called Pele's Temple. You have heard some people say the self-pain was the way to salvation, but this sure was ridiculous. The temple was near the top of the mountain, and it was all stairs. You figured ti could probably be worse, but the heat was near searing and you felt kinda faint. You enter the temple, and place you offering on the altar. You hope that it is good enough for Pele, but nothing happens. You wait and wait and wait for something to happen, but, unfortunately, nothing really does. You turn back when you hear a voice say behind you, "Well, they say that the real things happen to people who wait, not those who feel that things should come an the drop of a dime." You look back and see a midde-aged man looking back at you. He wasn't anything real spectacular, but you knew he was a preist. "It is said that the quality of the offering is not what is important. Actually, it is the quality of the heart that makes the offering. See, we have a lot of people who come in here, and offer money, or priceless goods to us, thinking that it will appeal to the gods. Sometimes it does, depending on how they give. The decider of Pele changes a gift based on the heart of the user. Sometimes, money has spontaneously combusted into thin air. Othertimes, a small copper plate has turned into a fine golden chalice. It is the heart that decides."

    Suddenly, the two statues that stood next to the altar began to glow a bright red color, and a door opened up in the altar itself. You think that the altar must have been constructed with great care, but, oddly enough, the door was not too large. You hear some footsteps followed by a squeak. You figure that it is probably a Pokemon of some sort, though what you have no idea on however. You watch the door intently when you see a little V pop up from out of the hole. Then, you see a little face poke up at you, blue eyes and a wide grin shining its face. You can hardly believe your stars! That is a Victini! The guardian of the temple is a Victini. "The time of judgement has come. The Guardian of the Temple will judge your offering." The Victini looks upon your offering with a frown, which immediately makes you scared. You wonder if you did something wrong, but when it shakes its head, you realize that it is more of a "This could be better" frown than a "This is bad" frown. This helps you out a little bit, but, unfortunately it doesn't make you anymore sure of yourself. The Victini puts its hands together and concentrates really hard, when a ball of fire suddenly engulfs your offering. You are literally in shock. You nearly fall over when the man grabs you, and points that you should keep watching. You do, and you see your offering is taking a new shape. Your Kingler and Throh, who had been here(I totally did not forget about them, no no) the entire time but had been to apathetic to care, look in awe at the legendary's power. When the Victini opens its eyes again, the SEARING SHOT dissapears into thin air, and what if left is astonising. It is a beautiful bronze statue of Pele, the Volcano goddess. It was eons better than what was there before, and you again go into shock. "That is the power of the Volcano Goddess Pele. Your gift is more pure than it is was before. You will be blessed with good luck. " The Victini gives a final wave before going back down the door, it closing behind it. You bow to the man, who merely shakes it off, and leave the temple.

    As you walk down the stairs, you see a couple of guys in black uniforms go up the stairs with a Houndoom in tow. This is obviously a suspicious looking group, so, you look back as they go into the temple. There is some shouting, and a blast of fire comes out the temple doors. You run back up the stairs, and see that the group is trying to steal the Victini! Victini does not look concerned at all, as the V on its head begins to glow a fabulous flame. It is launched at the Houndoom, but it mereby gets absorbed by the Houndoom's FLASH FIRE. The Houndoom forms a black ball of energy in its mouth, that condenses and shoots out a rough "beam" of dark spirals, hitting the Victini with a powerful DARK PULSE. It flies back, crashing into the offerings, shattering it. It pushes a stone in the wall, and an alcove opens up, and it runs in, but a Houndour that was released sometime after they got in goes after it, while the Houndoom and the two men run around the bigger doors, hoping to catch it. The man who was here before has some serious burns.

    What will you do?
    Hugo was completely flabbergasted by the events taking place. In a matter of moments, he went from playing with a pile of dirt to watching a legendary Pokemon transform it into a beautiful masterpiece and granting Hugo good luck to watching that same Pokemon be hunted down by a gang of thugs.

    Hugo pondered, but only for a moment, as he saw the old man writhing on the floor in pain, apparently having suffered some burns. Hugo acted quickly, grabbing the man from under the arms and dragging him behind one of the large columns and propping him up against it. He reached into his bag and pulled out an old t-shirt and several ice packs. He ripped the shirt into pieces and wrapped the ice packs in the cloth, placing them delicately against the man’s burns.

    “You’ll be alright,” Hugo told him, trying to comfort him. “I promise.”

    With that taken care of, he knew he had to go after Victini. But which way? The Houndour was hot on Victini’s scent, but the other men and the Houndoom could bust their way in too. What to do, what to do.

    Hugo noticed Kingler and Throh were angry at what they had just seen. Two of them and two separate situations. Hugo was confident in his friends, knowing that even if he wasn’t there to give total guidance, they would still be able to get the job done.

    He turned to Throh. “I need you to go in through that door and go after the Houndour. When you find it, grab it and bring it down hard with Storm Throw. Do whatever else you need to do, just make sure you take it out of the equation. If you find Victini, get it somewhere safe.”

    He then turned to Kingler. “You and I are going to go after the Houndoom and those other guys. When we find them, take them out with Surf! And target Houndoom with Bubblebeam!

    Kingler and Throh nodded, ready to go with their assignments.

    “Ready. BREAK.”

    And with that, Throh entered the door after Houndour, while Hugo and Kingler quickly scuttled off toward Houndoom and the men.

  22. #272
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    The Island
    Shale Beach
    myahoo


    Cid heard you and looked back, with a big smile on his face. It was literally grinning from ear to ear. "You my friend are a very curious one. That is what makes a person a good scientist. The endless curiousity about it. Well, I can tell you some more things about the Lufenians and the staff you have, but, I do have to tell you that our knowledge is very limited without the ability to translate the language. The Lufenians believed, or at least we think they believed in some sort of sky god, and that this sky god would bless them the closer they got to the sky. They supposedly built a city in the sky, despite no evidence of the technology needed to be able to do it. For some reason, the city vanished without a trace. No one knows why. One tablet seems to show a large dragon of some sort, but no one has any idea. It is very partial, and all we can see are two heads, and a neck. That staff you have there seems to be another staff we have back at the Musuem of Lufenian Culture. It appears to be exactly the same. It must have gone to some sort of ritual, though, why there are two makes no sense.

    "Well, there are a few things that we are planning to do. For one, the discovery of an artifact here means that we are going to have to plan a dig here. You can join in on that if you want. With some amazing amount of luck, we might even be able to find that stone with the translation that we need so dearly. Another thing that we can do is bring that staff back to the other one, and compare the two. You can come along with both of those if you want, though, you might be a little full on knowledge at this point. I won't blame you if you don't want to." The man grabs that staff out of your hand, and both your Misdreaus and Cyndaquil look at you for an answer.

    What will you do?
    Melissa shifted uncomfortably when Cid turned back to face her, a smile spanning his entire face. "You my friend are a very curious one. That is what makes a person a good scientist. The endless curiousity about it. Well, I can tell you some more things about the Lufenians and the staff you have, but, I do have to tell you that our knowledge is very limited without the ability to translate the language."

    "Yeah, you mentioned that already," the trainer muttered under her breath, making her two Pokemon glance curiously at her. Wildfire nudged her reassuringly, while Imp quickly turned back to Cid.

    "The Lufenians believed, or at least we think they believed in some sort of sky god, and that this sky god would bless them the closer they got to the sky. They supposedly built a city in the sky, despite no evidence of the technology needed to be able to do it. For some reason, the city vanished without a trace. No one knows why. One tablet seems to show a large dragon of some sort, but no one has any idea. It is very partial, and all we can see are two heads, and a neck."

    "Two heads and a neck?" she commented musingly, wondering what that could be and whether it was some sort of giant, ancient Pokemon. She shivered at the thought; she definitely didn't want to have to fight something like that. Well, at least, without back-up of some sort.

    "That staff you have there seems to be another staff we have back at the Musuem of Lufenian Culture. It appears to be exactly the same. It must have gone to some sort of ritual, though, why there are two makes no sense."

    "Huh." She glanced at the staff she reluctantly decided to pick up, just to make sure it couldn't be stolen. "Weird."

    "Well, there are a few things that we are planning to do. For one, the discovery of an artifact here means that we are going to have to plan a dig here. You can join in on that if you want. With some amazing amount of luck, we might even be able to find that stone with the translation that we need so dearly. Another thing that we can do is bring that staff back to the other one, and compare the two. You can come along with both of those if you want, though, you might be a little full on knowledge at this point. I won't blame you if you don't want to."

    He then grabbed the staff out of her hands, prompting Melissa to stare at him for a moment, wondering why he needed to have the staff so bad. Shrugging, she glanced at her two Pokemon, both of whom had turned to face her.

    "So?" Imp asked, tilting her head curiously. "Are we gonna go on any of those things? The dig sounds like it'll be fun, but the comparing the two staffs sounds boooring." She stuck her tongue out to show how much she disliked the option; at least on the dig, she could still make people jump and make them scream when she sneaked up on them. Melissa then turned her gaze to Wildfire, who shrugged. While he was the one who'd chosen to come to this location, he certainly didn't object to either option; after all, he had kinda started this adventure and both sounded somewhat interesting, too.

    Pursing her lips in thought, Melissa turned back to Cid. "Hm, well, how long would each of those take and which would you be doing first? Because it sounds kinda interesting, but I wanna know a little more about what's going to happen in each of those events before I decide." She ignored the slight fidgeting that Imp began displaying at her question and waited for Cid to speak.

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    The Island
    Garland Basin
    Son_of_Shadows


    You scream out that you want to talk to the group's leader about what is happening. The crowd looks around as if they are trying to look for something, when a man steps out from the crowd. He is quite obviously the leader. If he wasn't, there was some really cool guy as the leader. He was wearing a crown that looked like it was carved out of ivory, but it was really crude. This was obviously not the work of a skilled craftsman, showing more evidence of a non-native group. His robe was more finely crafted, made of beautiful antiquated blue Archeops feathers, and beautiful red thread, a truly magnificent sight of the behold for all eyes. He held a staff in his hand that was covered in a few hairs, and was obviously made of bone. The staff was probably the only thing that was authenic about this, and you figured that this staff was the key to it all here. Steven tunes into your mind to agree, but is still foggy, it seems that whatever is keeping Steven high, it takes a long time to make it go low. The leader stands in front of you, and looks at the crowd, raising his hands into the air. The crowd screams a chant, that sounds like, "HECALLA! HECALLA! HECALLASKY!" It sounds vaguely English, which assures you a little bit. The leaders turns back towards you, and stomps his staff onto the ground. Two men come by with small sticks in there hands, and put them at the base of the staff you are chained to. They want to burn you alive. Well, all's well that end's well, as I always say....

    The leader looks back towards the crowd, and lowers his hands, causing them to quite down. He looks at you, and says, "Young man, I am the leader of this here tribe. My name is Sky Chief Kenawasabe, and we serve the Sky God, for hopes that he might bless our crops and give us the power we need to cleanse ourselves of the impurities that we once had." He looks back to the crowd, who is obviously waiting for something to happen. "Welcome my bretheren! We have come here today, to make a sacrifice to the Sky God, the one in the sky who looks upon all over his children with pleasure, and who looks upon all outsiders with hatred and fear. He is the one who will cleanse us of all our past wrongs as outsiders, all the depreavities and the misfortunes that we had done in the past. But, the Sky God helps us even more! He blesses the crops, and makes the rivers in our land run clean! The Sky God gives us the power to make the outsiders flee from us, and to stay off of our land! The Sky God is our shepard!' The leader spoke with increasing intensity, with the folllowing of the crowd; they were eating this stuff up. It was obviously some sort of cult based around some Sky God. You hoped that you could get out of this alive. You look at the crowd, when you see a girl, about your age, looking at you. In fact, she has been staring at you for quite a while now. She is not what one would call stunning, seeing as she is a little malnourished and covered in the equivalent of rags, but her kind face and her red hair are appealing to you...even if these ARE your final moments. The leader picks up again, this time, with a hush, like he is betraying some sort of secret. "But, does the Sky God do all of this for his children for free?" He looks at the crowd, who are all shaking their heads in a no, even the girl. Maybe she isn't on your side anyways....The leader picks up again, this time, with all the intensity and more, "NO! He does NOT do this for free! He expects things from his children! He expects that we take the blood of our enemies, and spill it for him! He expects us to teach the outsiders how the Sky God works on his children!"

    This looks like quite the situation, but, there may be a way out, if you look closely....

    What will you do?

    Surprisingly, Joshua was actually granted his wish to speak to the leader of this strange tribe, who was dressed in the most decadent manner he could think of... For a tribe. Archeops feather robe? Really? For him to have got his hands on all the feathers necessary, he had to be either a tough trainer, or be very, very armed and dangerous.

    Lovely. Boded well.

    What also boded well was the addition of kindling to the stake Joshua was tied to. Burned at the stake like a common witch. If they wanted to try him as a witch, couldn't they have- actually, he couldn't think of a trial he'd prefer. None of them were particularly appealing. The leader of the tribe introduced himself as "Sky Chief Kenawasabe" (Joshua thought that was rather a mouthful), and proceeded to give a grandiose speech about the blessings of this tribe's god, the Sky God. Briefly, he wondered if Chief Kenawasabe meant Rayquaza, though this really wasn't the best time to consider it. The sheer religious fervour these tribesmen and women were all caught up in made Joshua feel uneasy - clearly he was going to be some kind of human sacrifice. Steven was still out of commission too; his telepathy was weak and he was still suffering the effects of whatever he'd been drugged by. There had to be a way to get out of here alive... What if he impersonated the voice of their god? That could backfire horribly though, if he did and they didn't believe him, they'd be absolutely furious with him... Probably best not to risk it at the moment.

    Now he noticed the red-head girl, whose eyes had been completely fixed on him throughout the speech. Clad in rags and seemingly underfed, was this a potential ally? The way she seemed to join in with the crowd as the speech continued indicated otherwise. Damn. The Sky God demanded blood sacrifices, and for his tribe to teach outsiders what he did for them.

    ... Joshua couldn't help but feel these two objectives contradicted each other. Now what to do... He had to work fast. If he could stall for time long enough for Steven to wake up, maybe they could fight their way out together, or even just Teleport. So he just had to keep them talking... It was risky though - he had no idea how long Steven would be out for. He could be gone for a just a few more minutes, or possibly hours. He spoke up.

    "Sky Chief Kenawasabe (he still thought that was a mouthful), I hear your tales of the Sky God and am truly... awestruck. What an honour it is to be chosen to be sacrificed for such a... worthy cause. But I cannot help but want to know more of the glory of the Sky God, and what he has done for this tribe. Please, give me the pleasure of hearing even more!" He also shot a surreptitious, pleading look to the red-head, just in case he could elicit some kind of sympathy and inspire some kind of help.

    If this didn't work, he was screwed, simply put.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post

    Mt. Infernus
    Waterfall
    Takeo


    After your feast, you and your new Frillish partner, Narcissa decide to take a quiet nap by the waterfall. You both tuck yourselves into a nice warm sleeping bag, before you know it, you are both out, completely cold. You find youself falling into a deep sleep very quickly, and find yourself in the dream realm. You find yourself in a wintery wasteland, and it looks like this is what Cortoza is going to be like. You are unsure how you kinda know that, if that is just that inner feeling that people get when they are having dreams, or if it actually has something to do with the dream. It seemed a little too real, and in the real world, you shiver and moan from the cold. This wakes Narcissa up, who tries to wake you, to no avail. It seems like the dream world has you completely...

    "The world is cold, my little Takeo.
    What is more, the world is doomed.
    You are the only one who can find the solution,
    A gem of worlds that is divine.
    One of power to rule the skies."

    Yes, I suck at rhyming. Deal with it. You look around in the winter wonderland, wondering who it was that was speaking to you. You were sure that it was a woman, seeing as the voice was feminine and all. You look around and find a sign. You were sure that the sign did not exist where you were in time. It seemed to be pointing towards...where the waterfall went into the river? That makes no sense. There were obviously a river there, but how would you get into the river? The answer hits you then. Narcissa can Dive under the water. Obviously, this is your first clue on a long quest. You look around, when you feel wet tentacles all over your body. You feel like you are being shaken, and can hear a voice in the distance. You wake up and see Narcissa gripping you, trying to wake you up. You scream from the suddeness of prescence, and roll back, Narcissa still clinging on to you. She seems that want to know what was happening.

    After a long feast, Hallow and Narcissa took a quiet nap by the waterfall,
    the roar of cascading waterfall lull'ed them to a state of slumber, and before they knew it, they were out like a light,

    Hallow woke up to find himself in a wintery wasteland,
    "Am I dreaming?,"
    From as far as the eye could see was nothing but powdery white snow,
    "..Where exactly am I?...,"

    "Am I still in Cortoza?," could hell really freeze over?,

    A cold wind whipped through and Hallow startled to shiver, his breath was visible in the air, it felt too real, and in the real world, he shivered and moaned from the cold, his body seemed to lose a bit of color and his body heat dropped,
    Hallow's tossing and turning woke Narcissa up,
    she angrily was going to retaliate for being rudely woken up from her dream but soon noticed Hallow in pain,

    She tried to wake him but it was pointless,
    It seemed like the dream world had complete control of him,

    A voice started to speak, a female voice,
    "The world is cold, my little Hallow,"
    "Who's there!?," he asked, his vision impaired,
    the wintery wasteland had now been distorted and snow began to fall,
    The voice continued,
    "What is more, the world is doomed,"
    "Doomed how!?," he screamed through the howling wind, looking for the source of the voice,
    "You are the only one who can find the solution,"
    "To what?!,"
    "A gem of worlds that is divine,"
    "One of power to rule the skies,"

    He frantically looked around to find the woman only to find a sign,
    This wasn't here before.., he inquired,
    It seemed to be pointing towards...where the waterfall went into the river?
    But thats impossible, theres a river there now,

    Could what she had said lay somewhere deep within the river?

    He looked around, and the once winter back drop soon disappeared from view, He felt wet tentacles around his body, being shaken, he started to wake from his trance, from a distance he could hear someone's voice,
    He woke up to see Narcissa gripping him, trying to wake him up,
    He screamed from the sudden prescence,
    "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!," and rolled backward into the water,
    *splash*
    Narcissa still clinging on to him quickly brought him back to land,

    Hallow dried himself with a towel over a fire,
    "I'm sorry for my outburst,"
    Narcissa took no offense and was only concerned,

    "To tell you the truth Idk what just happened,"
    Warmth came back to his body,
    "I mean I've had dreams before but nothing to this extent...,"

    Hallow told her the whole story, and after a cup of hot chocolate it seemed they were both confused on what to do,

    The moon was still high in the sky, so to Hallow what felt like forever in that realm was actually only 2 hours,

    He stood suddenly dropping the blanket he had covering him onto the floor,
    "Yosh!," he said with a smile,
    "Narcissa lets go investigate underneath the water,"
    His eyes were bright with the fire of adventure!
    "Who knows what we might find," he laughed,


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 9:38 AM.

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The land of Vegimite and AFL
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post

    The Island
    Ignatius River
    LASL


    Sparow gives a loud squawk at the Scyther, who doesn't seem to be too scared by the squawkings of just a little bird. The Scyther just trills and hisses at the bird, before zooming off into the brush. Sparow looks around for the Scyther, but can't seem to find it anywhere. For a Pokemon whose green coloring makes it nearly invisible in the forest, finding it is going to be a hard thing to do. Sparow looks disoriented, until the Scyther pops out from the forest behind you. He is moving very QUICKly, moving so fast you have no time to react as he slams into Sparow, taking a clean leap over you, his ATTACK sending Sparow flying...it seems that the massive weight and height advantage gives him a serious edge over Sparow. Sparow flaps back, and tries to give Scyther a serious PECKing, but Scyther is able to make like a giant scythe wielding bug and cuts it. Ohhhhh yeah, I just brought it. Sparow is completely disoriented, and is completely befuddled by the insane speed this Scyther seems to have. Sparow looks around for the Scyther again, but cannot seem to find it. You here a movement in the bushes to the right of you, and yell out to Sparow. He looks to the right just at the right time to hear what sounded like a short VACUUM suck followed by a quick WAVE of energy. Sparow attempts to roll under it, but still takes quite a bit of damage from that attack.

    Sparow growls at the Scyther in the bushes, who at least seems a little impressed by the Spearow's determination in battlle. But doesn't take the full effect. He zooms off again ino the woods, and leaves both you and Sparow guessing about where the Scyther will appear next. The Ralts in the tree looks like it is concentrating hard, and you feel a slight worm inside your mind. You accept Turt's prescence, and he says, "The Scyther seems to attack in a counter-clockwise pattern. I think he is in front of me now, I believe. I am not quite sure..." Just then, the Scyther appears from the bushes...right in front of you! It seems that Turt was right! He does attack in a counter clock-wise fashion! He strikes Sparow again with another one of those powerful ATTACKs, being QUICK and stealthy as he always is. He zooms off again, but Sparow has heard the same information you have, and growls to the left of you. This actually does psyche the Scyther out, as you caught onto his strategy. He skitters for a bit, but gets back into the game. Sparow looks to be a little bit beat from the attacks, but is not doing bad at all.

    What will you do?


    El reflexively thre her hands up to her face as she watched the events unfold, her poor nose just couldn't catch a break today. It was a grueling half minute or so to watch her companion under assault by an unseeable foe. Each attack gave rise to another wince from the trainer. El felt somewhat bad for taking it so bad, she was the one hiding between a tree! Everything was going wrong. Sparow was so tiny and helpless compared to this massive insect! It had the speed advantage by far and she couldn't tell anything and it avoided her attack with a great swipe of it's scythe! Oh no oh no she wasn't confused thank the deities, but she was loosing the mental strength required in a fight. Brave stubborn little girl, she followed her master, no, friend's commands to the end. But the scyther was gone again, vanished as quickly as it had appeared. There was nothing she could see that might give an edge and if there was--

    "The Scyther seems to attack in a counter-clockwise pattern. I think he is in front of me now, I believe. I am not quite sure..."

    El watched, a mixture of joy and relief overcoming her as the scyther appeared from just there. Oh Turt, you wonderful little boy! Guess a different perspective can make all the difference. Even better, he'd let Sparow know, or at least that was what El could determine from the fact that she growled right at where the scyther came next. Take that you overgrown mantis! Life had it's ups and downs that could come as fast as they went, time to take this one by the horns. Scythes? Bah, whatever it's just a metaphor.

    "Alright Sparow, time to sieze this chance." It was with great difficulty that El kept her voice down, she wanted to minimise the chance of the scyther overhearing. Even if it probably could anyway if Sparow could hear. "You know this thing's strategy, so make sure that gets across. I want you to leer at it while it's hiding after it's next attack. When it pops out to attack after that, um, see if you can get it to attack a potential hiding place. You don't really have many offensive options so let's work on limiting it's defense. Don't do anything stupid, play it safe, avoid as much as you can." The commands were rushed, El trying to get them out before the scyther made it's next move. She hoped Sparow was able to process it all.

    Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets


Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •