Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 126 to 149 of 149

Thread: Cortoza - The Volcanic Island

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walkway
    Dark Searchman


    Sarkahn struggles through the sand, and seems to have finally have enough of this. It is readily apparent that he can't climb out of the whirlpool, as he can't manuveur himself like that, but maybe he could get it so he could dig under it? He begins to dig through the whirlpool, but the spinning sands make it more difficult the usual, and since he has the cross the whirlpool to reach the Dugtrio, he finds himself wading through the sand, taking longer than usual to move through the soil. Amethyst also seems to have become a natural digger, and maybe this is to adapt to Revanant's battle style, but she easily digs her way through the soil, not being stuck in a mess of sand like Sarkahn.

    But this may have been a grave mistake. You admit it was a risky strategy, but you never realized that Earthquake wasn't the only move that was fatal towards diggers. "You think you can move in the earth, and match my Pokemon? Well, let me tell you this, you have made a grave mistake. Your Pokemon shall feel my rage, as I send it through the land! Dugtrio, show them the power of your MAGNITUDE!!!" Yes, that move. Dugtrio learns it at Level 15. You completely forgot about it. Dugtrio goes into the ground, and suddenly it begins to shake and crack apart. This is a strong magnitude, and before you know it, the ground cracks apart in two places, causing Amethyst and Sarkahn to shoot out of the ground. After the effects of the quake are felt, I get a text on my phone that a MAGNITUDE 8 earthquake was felt in the area, and that all trainers should be advised. It was too late for Amethyst though, as being underground meant she felt the effects even more than usual, and it was enough to knock her out cold. Revanant laughs to himself as he sees the fainted snake. "This is what happens when ameteurs get the idea to make art! People end up getting hurt!"

    Sarkahn looks to be pretty injured as well, as the Magnitude also did a lot of damage to him as well. But, he was out of the Sand Tomb, and that was a plus. He leaps forwards at the Dugtrio, ready to make him pay for the fallen teamate, and Crunches onto Dugtrio's head, making it scream in pain. The Dugtrio uses the same strategy that get Sarkahn off of its head, by Scratching it off, but it forgot about Sarkahn's ROUGH SKIN, making it take more damage as the giant beast lets go of its grip on the Pokemon. And where is the Krokorok? Well, the Magnitude was a double-edged sword, as it seems that Krokorok simply couldn't take the hit, it was too much for him, and fainted as well. So, things might acutally be even at the moment!

    "You Durddigon looks mean and nasty, but it won't be able to touch me! Don't get cocky kid, because the battle has really started now!" Revanant says as he recalls his fallen Krokorok into its Pokeball, putting it back into his pocket.

    Condition:
        Spoiler:- Numbers:


    Dugtrio is looking to be tired at the moment, having to expend his energy like this in only a few rounds worth of battle. Sarkahn is fresh though, and his attacks will come a little bit faster because of the pride of avenging a fallen ally. This is still anyone's match, so who will win this!?

    What will you do?
    Despite his trying to take out his frustration by Digging through the Sand Tomb, he has difficulty getting through the softer soil than Amethyst does. Hyrem just prayed that Revenant's Pokemon didn't have a ground-shaking move that would provide no escape for them while they were still underground. Then he hears these harsh words: "You think you can move in the earth, and match my Pokemon? Well, let me tell you this, you have made a grave mistake. Your Pokemon shall feel my rage, as I send it through the land! Dugtrio, show them the power of your MAGNITUDE!!!"

    "What!?" his heart sinks as he shouts in surprise. So they did have a move like that. While Magnitude wasn't as consistent as the dreaded Earthquake was, it had the potential to rival its sister attack, though how much power it actually put out was random. Hyrem's heart sinks further as the ground underneath him shook with a tremor that would register an 8.0 on the Richter scale. His Pokemon were obviously caught up in the attack, as he heard roaring and hissing of pain before the ground splits open, and the two reptiles are popped out of the ground. Sarkhan was able to land on his feet, but Amethyst is confirmed unconscious as she plops to the ground headfirst, the rest of her body following after her, resulting in a pile of coils. "Oh no, Amy!" Hyrem rushed over to where his Fang Snake lay crumpled as Sarkhan looked towards her. "Amy! Amy, are you OK?" he asked softly as he searched for her head. "Seeee..." he could hear a weak hiss at the same time he could feel her forked tongue tickle his hand before her head slowly emerged from the pile of coils. She's gonna kill me for this later, I know it, the thought creeped to the back of his mind, while Amethyst figured she only had herself to blame for encouraging Hyrem to let her take such a risk. At least now she knew not to use Dig to chase down a tasty Dugtrio!

    Meanwhile, the Carver of Skulls looked at the scene and laughed. "This is what happens when amateurs get the idea to make art!" he jeered. "People end up getting hurt!" Hyrem was jolted back into the situation by his words, and as he looked up he could also see Krokorok out cold! That smug jerk didn't care that his own Pokemon had fallen in battle as well; in fact, Hyrem had the sneaking suspicion that he had Dugtrio take out his own teammate in the process, as if the Desert Croc was dead weight at that point! Sarkhan's blood started to boil along with Hyrem's, though he only cared about the fact he had the chance at a KO taken away from him. As a Dragon-type, he felt he deserved the chance to take out his opponent himself; at least he could still have the pleasure of knocking a few Dugtrio heads together, plus he'd be avenging Amethyst in the process! Oh, and did I mention Hyrem's blood started boiling? "You're one to talk, Revenant," he said bitterly, clenching his fist in anger. "What you call 'art' is what's really causing the pain and suffering around here! Enough of it that this Larvesta had to call me for help! Though I doubt you'd be sensitive to that, not after everything you've done. Just now, you had Dugtrio use an attack that took out Krokorok too! And you're not even batting an eye at that? Didn't look like you asked Krokorok whether or not he was fine with that! What if he still wanted to battle for you? You know what? Forget it. I've had it. I've had it with you. There's no way you're going to listen to me other than Sarkhan kicking Dugtrio's butt anyway, so let's do this!" He then pumps his fist in Revenant's direction before saying, "We're not going to let ourselves lose to the likes of you now!"

    "Druuuuuudd!" Sarkhan adds his roar before rushing in and Crunching down on one of Dugtrio's heads with his powerful jaws. Dugtrio manages to Scratch Sarkhan off of its head like before, but that meant Scratching against Sarkhan's Rough Skin and suffering even more damage. Dugtrio also looked pretty tired, likely due to the Magnitude draining a good amount of energy from it, but Sarkhan looked like he could still take a beating and dish some of it out! Even so, Revenant still has a smirk on his face as he takes Krokorok back into its Pokeball. "Your Druddigon looks mean and nasty, but it won't be able to touch me! Don't get cocky kid, because the battle has really started now!"

    "I was going to say the same to you!" retorted Hyrem. "You think Sarkhan looks scary now, just wait until he gets going!" He then turns to his Pokemon. "Amethyst, you did a great job, and you deserve some rest now," he said before returning his Seviper to her Luxury Ball where she'd be extra comfortable. "Here, Sarkhan, take this," he said to his Druddigon as he took out and opened a bottle of Fresh Water (1/10) and held it up to Sarkhan's face. "It was meant for Amethyst before. This way, she can still fight along with you." Sarkhan takes the bottle and looks at it seriously, planning on drinking it in his partner's honor. "All right then, let's show them just how much a Dragon can Rage! Then go ahead and do whatever you can to get your Revenge! Keep Amethyst in mind, there's no way she'll forgive us if we blow this one!"

    "Drud!" grunts Sarkhan as he pumps his fist against his chest, ready to prove to the measly moles just how big of a mistake it was to cross a dragon like him.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Fumi
    Open Plain
    Charminions


    Wasting no time in trying to survive the eruption of Mt. Fumi, you dash for one of the nearest caves, hoping that you will survive the eruption. Or at least not get swallowed by the burning lava. Zaire runs along with you, both of you trying to find some place that is safe and secure. The cave in front of you is the most likely place to find shelter, and more people are running into it as well. Looking up, you can see the lava pouring down the mountain, coming straight towards the Open Plain. Not good. You look ahead and see the cavern is right in front of you, and run in, clutching the walls of the cavern to make sure that you don't fall down as you come to a stop. "What are we going to do? What if the lava comes inside of the cave? We will be cooked!" There were about fifteen to twenty people inside of the cavern with you and Zaire, and they were all in a panic. Some of them had Pokemon of there own, but none of them seemed able to withstand the lava. There must be some way for you to help out...or at least try to survive.

    "If my Donphan was in battle condition, I could have him block off the cave with a Rock Slide attack. It would keep us safe from the lava for sure." Just then, you see a lady darting from person to person. She was dressed in a pink nurse's robe, and a Blissey was next to her. You knew this was a Nurse Joy, and she might be able to help you guys out. You run to her, and grab her shoulder. "What is it, I'm very busy here. I'm trying to make sure everyone is safe and healthy before the lava gets here." Zaire is next to you, thinking the same thing. "Miss, we need your help. My Donphan knows the move Rock Slide, and if we have it, we can block off the entrance to the cave, sealing the lava from coming inside. But he is really injured, and doesn't have the strength to use it." Nurse Joy frowns for a moment, before jestering to the Blissey, who nods with a serious look on her face. Zaire takes out his Pokeball and releases the Donphan, and you release your Combusken. The Blissey nods and begins to glow with a faint pink light. Suddenly, the same pink light envelops the two of your Pokemon, and they get back up, ready and raring to go. As you sigh that this plan might just work, you look behind you and see a cascade of lava falling down in front of the cave.

    People begin to scream as the lava begins to pour into the cave. Nurse Joy pushes everyone to the back of the cave, but, it isn't very big and soon the lava has covered about a quarter of the cave. If you don't do something now, it is going to mean certain death for everyone in the cave. "Donphan, use Rock Slide!" Zaire yells, before his Donphan bellows and begins to spin in place, various rocks being taken from the cave walls and floor and placed in front of the lava, trying to make a barricade. It does no use though, as the cave is too wide for just one Pokemon to try and blockade it. He is going to need help if he wants to keep the lava out!

    What will you do?
    OOC: Thanks a ton for picking this up, Blaze!

    Huff. Huff. Charm continues to run towards the nearest cave, Zaire close by his side. He looks around to see other people heading towards the cave as well, before glancing up and seeing the lava close in on the plains. "Damn," he mutters, before dashing into the cave in front of him. Huffing for air, Charm looks around to see Zaire and about 15 people in there with them. He faintly hears Zaire say, "What are we going to do? What if the lava comes inside of the cave? We will be cooked!"

    "There has to be a way for us to survive," Charm says, trying to be calm and rationale in this dire situation. If my Donphan was in battle condition, I could have him block off the cave with a Rock Slide attack. It would keep us safe from the lava for sure," Zaire responds. As if on cue, Charm sees a nurse with a Blissey approaching people in the cavern. It's Nurse Joy! Without thinking, Charm runs to her and promptly grasps her shoulder. She looks and exclaims, "What is it, I'm very busy here. I'm trying to make sure everyone is safe and healthy before the lava gets here." By his side, Zaire responds, "Miss, we need your help. My Donphan knows the move Rock Slide, and if we have it, we can block off the entrance to the cave, sealing the lava from coming inside. But he is really injured, and doesn't have the strength to use it." Nurse Joy looks on with a frown before ordering her Blissey to help out. Zaire sends out his Donphan in response, as Charm follows suit and sends out Apollo. The Blissey begins glowing pink as the the tired Pokemon look on and see themselves glowing as well, standing back up fully healed soon after.

    "Maybe we will survive," Charm starts to think, as he looks back and sees the lava beginning to pour in the cave. "Oh shi-". Nurse Joy ushers everyone to the back of the cave as the lava quickly takes up a quarter of the cave. Before Charm can think, Zaire shouts, "Donphan, use Rock Slide!" The ground elephant begins to spin as rocks from multiple parts of the cave are taken and placed in front of the lava in an attempt to block it out, however, the cave is too wide and Donphan's efforts are not enough to barricade all of it... Charm's adrenaline quickly kicks in and he immediately shouts, "Help him out, Apollo! Rock Slide!" Crossing his fingers, Charm hopes this will be enough to protect them from the lava.

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,507

    Default Cortoza Updates: May 2013

    Mt. Infernus
    The Rock Pool
    CyberBlastoise

    The kid who was just challenging you to a battle stares in awe as you completely refuse his offer, not wanting to get involved in any of his personal issues with the Clamperl. The Clamperl just looks at you coldly, as if you had not offended her trainer, but you had offended her. As you walk into the woods, Shelly looks back at you and follows you, not wanting to leave your side even though there was injustice being played out. "YOU ARROGANT PUNK! I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS! ONCE I GET A BETTER POKEMON, YOU WON'T RUN AWAY THAT TIME! I MAKE I HAVE YOU DEFEATED! AHAHAHAHA!" the kid yells at you, obviously extremely offended that you walked away from a fight. "Come on Clamperl! My idiot sister is going to pay for giving me such a terrible Pokemon!" "Clamp! "

    That is all you here as you walk away from them, not wanting to get involved at all. Walking through the woods in a direction you were not exactly sure of, you find something on the ground under your feet. It is a Pearl! But there is a note under it.

    "Trainer, there is a time when action must be done. You cannot prove yourself in the Rock Pool if all you come for is greed and lust. This imperfect Pearl is a measure of you. It will get you into the Rock Pool, but, you will have to face more trials."

    You look at the note with a little bit of wonder, mostly on how he could think that he could measure up your person. You look around you to make sure that there is no one watching you, and walk again, noticing that you end up right where the sign post is again. You are sure that you walked father that this in order to leave here, so why did it take less time to get back? You walk up to the signpost with the pearl in your hand when you see another note on the signpost.

    "Trainer, there is a chance for you to remove yourself from the trials ahead. If you can gain the Sacred Purple Pearl then you will be granted instant access into the Rock Pool without the need to worry about any trials or tribulations that may come your way. If you choose to use the Pearl you have and press onwards, however, you will have to prove yourself. It's your decision, so have at it if you must."

    What will you do?


    Mt. Ceniza
    Granite Tunnel
    Rakurai

    Kiba yips and barks into action, while the Heatmor continues to give off more smoke and flames in an attempt to scare you. Kiba leaps forwards with an incredible burst of speed, jumping and prancing on the rock with a QUICK ATTACK. But Heatmor posseses a sizable height and weight advantage over Kiba, and Kiba just rams into him without doing as much as shaking him. The Heatmor then takes its free calws and rakes it along Kiba's body, eliciting another bark from the electric dog as he gets SLASHed across the back. It may not look like it, but those claws sure are sharp! Kiba backs away from the Heatmor, looking straight into its eyes as it shows not a lick of fear, before putting up a Light Screen in front of itself, the translucent barrier forming in front of him. This should take some of the sting off of special attacks, but the Heatmor merely looks at you with a curious expression. Like he is planning something.

    Flander however catches him by surprise, as she charges up a small ball of Rock energy inside of her mouth, releasing it and slamming into Heatmor. It roars and lets her go, but that definitely wasn't the right thing to do if you did not want this to escalate. Heatmor begins then to try a fire attack, before he notices Kiba getting ready to CHARGE up.Thinking that it would come in handy, Heatmor rather nastily decides the SNATCH it for himself instead, his body coursing with electricity as electric attacks get boosted(woop-de-do), and more importantly, he gains a boost to his special defense. Heatmor than looks at Kina, who notices that he doesn't have the boosts. But he still has the light screen, and that might be more than enough.

    The mountain is quiet for now, and Heatmor doesn't seem to want to try and speed this up either, so the danger of there being any more tremors seems low for the moment. Heatmore is looking to be okay for now, not looking beat or tired. Flandre looks a little shaken but it alright, and Kiba is doing well too.

    What will you do?

    Mt. Ceniza
    The Granite Tunnel
    Missingno Master

    The Gabite looks at the Venomoth in front of it, and indeed, it does definitely seem like Lily might be a match for the Gabite in front of it. You tell Lily what to do, and it shrills in reply, flapping its wings furiously at it picks up a wind in the cave. Gabite can see the attack coming though, and spins around in a circle for some reason. Suddenly, at the same time, Lily blows out a wintery blue wind, full of Ice energy that is sure to do a good deal of damage to the Gabite, and sand erupts from the Gabite,
    looking to counter the wind. It's Icy Wind versus Sandstorm, and because of the sand and the heaviness of the Sandstorm, it blocks the Icy wind quite nicely, as well as just being rather difficult to see through in general. Lily doesn't like the fact that the sand is getting inside of her scales. The Gabite grins evilly.

    Lily then decides that a move that she is more familiar with will probably be the better decision in the battle, though that was more through the guidance of her trainer, and she flaps her wings forwards, releasing a small wave of sludge that pushes through the sandstorm. The waves hits Gabite who looks rather unpleasant about being covered in slime,shaking the stuff off, and with the help of Lily's TINTED LENS, the attack actually takes him off-guard by how much damage it does. Gabite then simply lurks from the shadows(and the sand), waiting for the next move. Lily produces a number of green energy tentacles then, hoping to Giga Drain some life out of Gabite even though she has taken very little damage overall. The tentacles make their way towards Gabite, but with a little help from his SAND VEIL ability, he easily dodges the attack, coming around and smashing Lily with the full force of his DRAGON CLAW, using his own claw covered in Dragon energy. It slashes Lily across the abdomen as she tries to dodge. Better be careful, because a claw like that could do serious damage! Both have taken hits and used energy, but everything should be alright for the both of them. The Sandstorm is going to stick for a few rounds, so be aware of that.

    What will you do?

    Mt. Infernus
    Mountain Peak
    MarbleZone

    Despite you knowing what you should have brought out against the Magmortar, since it was an extremely powerful Pokemon, Magnus, your insane Magby, comes out with a puff of smoke and a blast of fire. It definitely wants to see whether or not it can beat its evolutionary relative in a fire on fire match, especially since creating a lot of flames it just his nature. The little Magby looks at the much larger Magmortar, facing down not only a sizable size disadvantage but also a rather nasty evolutionary advantage. He was going to need all the help he could get if he wanted to win this battle. Magnus starts off the battle but trying to use some mental trickery to confuse the Magmortar, and playing dirty is probably the only way it could win. A blast of light shoots from Magby's cranium, only to be absorbed by a thick cloud of smoke. Magnus looks up to see that the Magmortar has put up a thick SMOKESCREEN up to prevent the Confuse Ray from having any effect, a definite downer. Magby also cannot see the Magmortar from behind the thick smoke, and Magmortar uses that to his advantage. He shoots out a lot of flames, and to his advantage this attack doesn't need to benefit of accuracy coming from such a powerful foe. You look shocked as suddenly a massive wall of flames surround you, Magnus, Opal, and Hebi, and this is a powerful FIRE SPIN attack, leaving no room for escape. This was definitely the cunning of a Magmortar, now leaving you trapped for whatever fiendish attack he could throw out. He walks through the flames taking little injury and laughing underneath his breath, since he has a huge advantage.

    Magnus doesn't care though, and charges forwards, covering himself in flames as he tries to pick up a little speed. Only to be stopped by the closed fist of a Magmortar. Magnus stops for a moment as he sees that the Magmortar has stopped him cold with just his pure physical bulk! Magmortar then grabs Magnus, swings him up into the air, and brings him back down with the full force of his STRENGTH, causing Magnus to shriek in pain. He didn't dare try to to use a Flame Charge again, since it would likely lead to same event that happened before.

    Magmortar is unharmed at the moment, and is proving the be a problem. Magby has taken some damage but should do alright for now/ The Fire Spin is still strong and likely will remain for a little bit, though it is catching the trees on fire...someone may not like that.

    What will you do?

    Mt. Pele
    Pele's Cavern
    gmoyes

    Your Pokemon all know that they have to work together in order to defeat the powerful foe in front of them, otherwise, you were going to have to accept defeat here. The Arcanine roars as it looks at you, as in its mind, it already has the battle won. Theta uses its magnets and clangs them together, making a loud and rather annoying METAL SOUND echo throughout the cavern. Arcanine yips and tries to cover its ears, as its improved hearing acts as a hinderance due to this attack. This gives Phi all the time he needs, blinking out of existence along with Echo using a Teleport attack right on top of Arcanine. It was a tricky move, but it works, but Phi doesn't have the energy(nor the strength) to stay on the Arcanine, as it easily flings it off of him and onto the rocks. With a slight yell Phi gets back up, looking rather tired as three Teleports take a lot out of you. It rushes at the Arcanine with a fist full of Fighting energy, but the Arcanine scores a quick dodge, leaping out of the way causing Phi to stumble. The Arcanine lands only to be hit by a sphere of Rock energy from Echo, the sphere slamming into Arcanine's face doing a good hit of damage and causing him to roar in pain.

    Phi and Echo now try to retreat towards Theta, and being together is an obvious choice as a pack provides safety. Theta releases another Swift attack at Arcanine, who takes the stars with a grumbling, and notices that they are all together in one unit. Arcanine roars as it releases one of its most powerful attacks at the group in the form of a HEAT WAVE. Phi jumps ahead to take the attack and gets scorched but the other two take a hit because of the widespread nature of the attack. Theta falls to the ground, having taken to much damage to continue while Echo barely survives thanks to its HEATPROOF ability. Echo retaliates at the defeat of its comrade with a Psybeam attack, which strikes Arcanine true, but doesn't confuse.

    Arcanine is on its last legs on health, and is still a little tired. YOU CAN WIN THIS! Phi is really tired but still as some health left, while Echo is pretty much done on that stage.

    What will you do?

    Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walkway
    Dark Searchman

    Sarkahn rumbles and roars into the sky as it goes to take revenge for its fallen comrade! Taking the glass bottle with the supply of Fresh Water, it drinks it up, restoring some of its health as the water refreshes him and helps to heal his wounds. Dugtrio looks a little concerned, but Revanant doesn't at all. He just smirks as he see his eventual victory. He didn't even listen to what you said.

    Sarkahn pours all of his RAGE into one attack, and attack that is famous for its sheer power and for being the first ever discovered DRAGON move. A ball of blue flame forms in Sarkahn's mouth, and he shoots it out like a cannon, the mass of flames threatening to engulf the Dugtrio. But, sticking with its hiding plan, it darts under the ground, the mass of flems only scorching the ground around it for a pretty long distance! Sarkahn looks around to see if he might be able to find where the Dugtrio went, but it appears right out from under him, slamming him with a power DIG attack. But the ROUGH SKIN sure hurts a lot, and Sarkahn was prepared to get up close and personal, as he swings his arms into the air and slams them down on Dugtrio, giving it the full force of a powerful REVENGE attack. The attack does a LOT of damage to Dugtrio, who was helpless as Sarkahn gave him a beating. Dugtrio spins around and blows SAND into Sarkahn's face, causing it to grumble in discomfort as some of the sand gets into its eyes, lowering his accuracy somewhat.

    "You know kid, you think you know everything. You think that my art is the defacement of this mountain. IT THE IMPROVEMENT! Why should creative ability be stifled!? Why must it be that everyone has a problem with true art? People already do things that harm the environment! And they don't even give anything back! I give art! I give life! I give a Memento to the people on what they are doing!" Too bad for him, Dugtrio hears this and thinks it is an order, sacrificing itself by pouring all of its energies into a dark blast, hitting Sarkahn, lowering his offenses. "Ehh, Dugtrio? Please tell me........No. No. NO! I couldn't have lost! You won't get away with this!" he says as he charges forwards, crashing into Sarkahn. He lies on the ground, looking up at Sarkahn as he growls. "Please don't hurt me! Call your beast off! Please! I'm sorry! Just don't hurt me!" Sarkahn picks Revanant up by his feet, and brings him over to you, wondering what he should do with the miscreant. It seems when the chips are down, Revenant folds.

    What will you do?

    Mt. Fumi

    Open Plain
    Charminions

    Apollo shoots right into action, and as it swings its claws into the air, more rocks come from around the walls and the floor of the cave and helps to block off the cave. The lava moves in and hits the rock, stopping for a brief moment and sizzling before trying to get in through one of the gaps. But soon, another rock is there, preventing it from getting inside. The entire cave is blocked off relatively quickly, but there is a lot of lava, and it begins to back up from behind the barricade. It is obvious there is more than enough lava to fill up the cave if need be, so something else needs to be done. "Come on Donphan, we need to build the walls higher! That way the lava won't spill over!" "DON-DONPHAN!" Donphan spins even faster, taking bigger and bigger rocks and placing them above the other rocks, though it doesn't fit very well. Apollo keeps on grabbing rocks and helping out to, when another trainer steps forth. "Come on out Azumarill!" "AZU AZU!" An Azumarill comes out, and while it might be a little to hectic to try and Pokedex it now, you think you know why the trainer brought it out. "Azumarill, we are going to need your help! Use your strongest Hydro Pump to try and cool down the lava! If we can turn it to stone, we'll have nothing to worry about!" The Azumarill jumps on top of the barricade, and begins to shoot out powerful blast of water, covering the lava. But, the water does little to stop it, just steaming up the minute it hits it, and Azumarill faints as the heat gets to it, falling behind the barricade. "Oh no, Azumarill." the trainers says as he picks her up, cradling her in his arms. Behind you, you hear the sound of the Blissey, and suddenly, more rocks fly from behind you, part of Blissey's STEALTH ROCK attack. The barricade is looking to be more than half of the height of the cave by now, and rumbling from the mountain has stopped. A released Spearow flies up and looks above the barricade, nodding to its trainer. The trainer says, "It's alright everyone, the lava has stopped going into the cave." Everybody breathes a sigh of relief. Zaire and the Azumarill trainer both sit down, and you sit down with them. "Sorry I couldn't help, I didn't know Azumarill would pass out like that. My name is Corbin. Nice to meet you." Zaire looks over and shakes his hand. "My name is Zaire. nice to meet you too Corbin. And its alright about your Azumarill. I'm sure a little rest will do it good." "Thanks man. But I do realize one thing. We are trapped in here until the lava hardens up." "Yeah, that is a problem. I wonder if we can find another way out."

    What will you do?


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Ceniza
    The Granite Tunnel
    Missingno Master

    The Gabite looks at the Venomoth in front of it, and indeed, it does definitely seem like Lily might be a match for the Gabite in front of it. You tell Lily what to do, and it shrills in reply, flapping its wings furiously at it picks up a wind in the cave. Gabite can see the attack coming though, and spins around in a circle for some reason. Suddenly, at the same time, Lily blows out a wintery blue wind, full of Ice energy that is sure to do a good deal of damage to the Gabite, and sand erupts from the Gabite,
    looking to counter the wind. It's Icy Wind versus Sandstorm, and because of the sand and the heaviness of the Sandstorm, it blocks the Icy wind quite nicely, as well as just being rather difficult to see through in general. Lily doesn't like the fact that the sand is getting inside of her scales. The Gabite grins evilly.

    Lily then decides that a move that she is more familiar with will probably be the better decision in the battle, though that was more through the guidance of her trainer, and she flaps her wings forwards, releasing a small wave of sludge that pushes through the sandstorm. The waves hits Gabite who looks rather unpleasant about being covered in slime,shaking the stuff off, and with the help of Lily's TINTED LENS, the attack actually takes him off-guard by how much damage it does. Gabite then simply lurks from the shadows(and the sand), waiting for the next move. Lily produces a number of green energy tentacles then, hoping to Giga Drain some life out of Gabite even though she has taken very little damage overall. The tentacles make their way towards Gabite, but with a little help from his SAND VEIL ability, he easily dodges the attack, coming around and smashing Lily with the full force of his DRAGON CLAW, using his own claw covered in Dragon energy. It slashes Lily across the abdomen as she tries to dodge. Better be careful, because a claw like that could do serious damage! Both have taken hits and used energy, but everything should be alright for the both of them. The Sandstorm is going to stick for a few rounds, so be aware of that.

    What will you do?
    The battle had started, but Gabite had gained a quick advantage by taking shelter in a Sandstorm. Not only did it serve to nullify the Icy Wind, but it also aided Gabite's Sand Veil, allowing it to evade Giga Drain. Thanks to Tinted Lens, however, Lily's Sludge Wave had managed to make an impact on Gabite.

    However, Gabite was no slouch when it came to battling- in addition to the Sandstorm, it delivered a vicious Dragon Claw. Keith knew that too many more hits like that would prove to be a problem to Lily. Quickly, he mentally reviewed all the moves he knew Lily could use. The Sandstorm, he knew, could be a problem, for Lily's most powerful moves would mean nothing if they couldn't hit. The Sandstorm would have to be the first thing to be handled. And Lily, Keith knew, knew a move or two rather well-suited for this sort of purpose. From there, he knew that he would have to hit hard and fast, or risk the Gabite doing the same.

    "Lily, try to blow this Sandstorm away with your Gust attack!" he ordered. "Then follow up with two more Sludge Waves!"

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Ceniza
    Granite Tunnel
    Rakurai

    Kiba yips and barks into action, while the Heatmor continues to give off more smoke and flames in an attempt to scare you. Kiba leaps forwards with an incredible burst of speed, jumping and prancing on the rock with a QUICK ATTACK. But Heatmor posseses a sizable height and weight advantage over Kiba, and Kiba just rams into him without doing as much as shaking him. The Heatmor then takes its free calws and rakes it along Kiba's body, eliciting another bark from the electric dog as he gets SLASHed across the back. It may not look like it, but those claws sure are sharp! Kiba backs away from the Heatmor, looking straight into its eyes as it shows not a lick of fear, before putting up a Light Screen in front of itself, the translucent barrier forming in front of him. This should take some of the sting off of special attacks, but the Heatmor merely looks at you with a curious expression. Like he is planning something.

    Flander however catches him by surprise, as she charges up a small ball of Rock energy inside of her mouth, releasing it and slamming into Heatmor. It roars and lets her go, but that definitely wasn't the right thing to do if you did not want this to escalate. Heatmor begins then to try a fire attack, before he notices Kiba getting ready to CHARGE up.Thinking that it would come in handy, Heatmor rather nastily decides the SNATCH it for himself instead, his body coursing with electricity as electric attacks get boosted(woop-de-do), and more importantly, he gains a boost to his special defense. Heatmor than looks at Kina, who notices that he doesn't have the boosts. But he still has the light screen, and that might be more than enough.

    The mountain is quiet for now, and Heatmor doesn't seem to want to try and speed this up either, so the danger of there being any more tremors seems low for the moment. Heatmore is looking to be okay for now, not looking beat or tired. Flandre looks a little shaken but it alright, and Kiba is doing well too.

    What will you do?
    The battle had gotten off to a start, and things had gone about as well Katsura might've hoped, and while his opponent's decision to Snatch away Kiba's Charge was rather unexpected, it seemed unlikely to be of much consequence.

    He felt some slight relief in noticing that the quakes seemed to have died out for the time being, but having come as suddenly as they did, it could simply be a moment's reprieve. Even without the threat of the quakes, the heat of the cavern was going to take its toll on both him and Kiba if they didn't get out of there soon, so finishing the battle quickly was still of much concern.

    With Flandre now freed and away from the Heatmor, both she and Kiba looked ready to cut loose and give their foe everything they'd got, so Katsura gave his orders accordingly.

    "Kiba, hit it with your Thunder Wave, then give it an Electro Ball and a Thunderbolt! Flandre, Dragon Dance, then go at it with Dragon Rush and Brick Break!"

    Kiba simply nodded his head in response, while Flandre flashed a rather cocky-looking grin, seeming very confident that she'd be able to trounce their adversary...
    Last edited by Rakurai; 8th May 2013 at 12:34 AM.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Infernus
    Mountain Peak
    MarbleZone

    Despite you knowing what you should have brought out against the Magmortar, since it was an extremely powerful Pokemon, Magnus, your insane Magby, comes out with a puff of smoke and a blast of fire. It definitely wants to see whether or not it can beat its evolutionary relative in a fire on fire match, especially since creating a lot of flames it just his nature. The little Magby looks at the much larger Magmortar, facing down not only a sizable size disadvantage but also a rather nasty evolutionary advantage. He was going to need all the help he could get if he wanted to win this battle. Magnus starts off the battle but trying to use some mental trickery to confuse the Magmortar, and playing dirty is probably the only way it could win. A blast of light shoots from Magby's cranium, only to be absorbed by a thick cloud of smoke. Magnus looks up to see that the Magmortar has put up a thick SMOKESCREEN up to prevent the Confuse Ray from having any effect, a definite downer. Magby also cannot see the Magmortar from behind the thick smoke, and Magmortar uses that to his advantage. He shoots out a lot of flames, and to his advantage this attack doesn't need to benefit of accuracy coming from such a powerful foe. You look shocked as suddenly a massive wall of flames surround you, Magnus, Opal, and Hebi, and this is a powerful FIRE SPIN attack, leaving no room for escape. This was definitely the cunning of a Magmortar, now leaving you trapped for whatever fiendish attack he could throw out. He walks through the flames taking little injury and laughing underneath his breath, since he has a huge advantage.

    Magnus doesn't care though, and charges forwards, covering himself in flames as he tries to pick up a little speed. Only to be stopped by the closed fist of a Magmortar. Magnus stops for a moment as he sees that the Magmortar has stopped him cold with just his pure physical bulk! Magmortar then grabs Magnus, swings him up into the air, and brings him back down with the full force of his STRENGTH, causing Magnus to shriek in pain. He didn't dare try to to use a Flame Charge again, since it would likely lead to same event that happened before.

    Magmortar is unharmed at the moment, and is proving the be a problem. Magby has taken some damage but should do alright for now/ The Fire Spin is still strong and likely will remain for a little bit, though it is catching the trees on fire...someone may not like that.

    What will you do?[/SIZE]
    ((Murphy's Law in full effect. :P))

    Levin cursed under his breath; everything that could have gone wrong just did, and now they were trapped in a swirling inferno that threatened to start a forest fire...

    Not to mention a wildfire would give away our position... on the other hand, it could lure the dragon out and give us some insight on Min's location. Is that worth the risk of incineration?

    The flames danced around them, far enough not ti burn, but the temperature was becoming unbearable. Opal was panicking, but he needed her with him; Hebi the Dunsparce, on the other hand, looked around in wonder. Those are some really nice colours.

    Levin sighed and turned to face the battle once more. Magnus wouldn't be able to defeat the Magmortar on his own, but would he even accept any more of Levin's guidance? It was no secret that the Fire-Type had very little regard for anyone other than himself, and orders were little more than a nuisance to him. If he could benefit from a tactical approach he'd have no problem in complying, but if the instructions proved worthless he had no qualms about ignoring a second batch.

    Magnus got up slowly, still shaken by the Strength attack and unwilling to follow through with a second Flame Charge. The tiny Magby looked around at the wonderful sight that surrounded them all, fire and ash dancing together in one of the most beautiful displays of destruction he'd ever seen. His own pain was fleeting in the face of such excitement; he threw his head back and started laughing, louder and louder, overtaken by the pleasure of flame and battle, filled with a lust for more. Suddenly, his whole body was enveloped in a bright light, and his body began to grow as the maniacal laughter continued. When the glow faded, Magnus was a new being.

    Finally... you wouldn't let Crix have the upper hand for long in terms of strength, would you?

    Levin felt conflicted; Magnus's new form could provide the much-needed boost for toppling this foe; on the other hand, giving such a monster more power...

    Magnus looked down at his body, his hands, his new self... and the cackled even louder. He pointed boldly at the Magmortar and grinned, completely oblivious to the fact that he was still a notch below his opponent. Levin remembered how Crix's own evolution into Electabuzz had triggered the same overconfidence back on Phantom Isle, and clenched his fist. With the increased power flowing through his body, would he even listen at all anymore?

    - Magnus, well done! Let's fight back, catch him off guard with a Mach Punch, then follow it up with a Thunderpunch at point blank!

    The Magmar didn't even bother turning to face his Trainer this time. But just as Levin was about to accept that Magnus would ignore him, the Fire-Type adopted the familiar stance for his light-speed punch. Was he obeying after all?! But it wouldn't be enough anyway.

    - Opal, I need you to help out from a distance. Hit him with Hidden Power Ground when he's distracted!

    Would the extra hand seal the deal? He was putting her in danger, but hopefully Magnus's antics and superior power would keep Magmortar's focus on him...

    No time to find out. I've made up my mind, the Fire Spin is a liability more than a help. We can seek out the dragon ourselves later, if we add a giant monster to this battle now things will just get messier for us.

    - Okay Hebi, we got work to do! Try to put out these flames quickly with your Water Pulse!

    The Dunsparce looked at him in silence for a moment. Why would Levin get rid of these nice flames? They're warm and pretty and... oh, Water Pulse. Right. Hebi arched his body back and gathered energy; he'd need to be relentless to keep up with the fire.
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 8th May 2013 at 8:02 PM.

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada eh?
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post

    Mt. Pele
    Pele's Cavern
    gmoyes

    Your Pokemon all know that they have to work together in order to defeat the powerful foe in front of them, otherwise, you were going to have to accept defeat here. The Arcanine roars as it looks at you, as in its mind, it already has the battle won. Theta uses its magnets and clangs them together, making a loud and rather annoying METAL SOUND echo throughout the cavern. Arcanine yips and tries to cover its ears, as its improved hearing acts as a hinderance due to this attack. This gives Phi all the time he needs, blinking out of existence along with Echo using a Teleport attack right on top of Arcanine. It was a tricky move, but it works, but Phi doesn't have the energy(nor the strength) to stay on the Arcanine, as it easily flings it off of him and onto the rocks. With a slight yell Phi gets back up, looking rather tired as three Teleports take a lot out of you. It rushes at the Arcanine with a fist full of Fighting energy, but the Arcanine scores a quick dodge, leaping out of the way causing Phi to stumble. The Arcanine lands only to be hit by a sphere of Rock energy from Echo, the sphere slamming into Arcanine's face doing a good hit of damage and causing him to roar in pain.

    Phi and Echo now try to retreat towards Theta, and being together is an obvious choice as a pack provides safety. Theta releases another Swift attack at Arcanine, who takes the stars with a grumbling, and notices that they are all together in one unit. Arcanine roars as it releases one of its most powerful attacks at the group in the form of a HEAT WAVE. Phi jumps ahead to take the attack and gets scorched but the other two take a hit because of the widespread nature of the attack. Theta falls to the ground, having taken to much damage to continue while Echo barely survives thanks to its HEATPROOF ability. Echo retaliates at the defeat of its comrade with a Psybeam attack, which strikes Arcanine true, but doesn't confuse.

    Arcanine is on its last legs on health, and is still a little tired. YOU CAN WIN THIS! Phi is really tired but still as some health left, while Echo is pretty much done on that stage.

    What will you do?

    Alex nodded in satisfaction and cringed slightly at his Magnemite’s harsh Metal Sound came through the speakers, but it seemed that the Arcanine was even more affected by the move. He should have thought of using a sound based move earlier. The sound was Phi’s cue to teleport back into the cave with Echo and join in the fight. The two psychic types disappear from in front of him and he could see on them reappear right on the fire type’s back. He had hoped that the Metal Sound would disorient the Arcanine enough for Echo and Phi to get a pair of free hits. However, that hope was dashed as the dog-like Pokémon shook off the little Abra and then dodged his attempt to hit it with Drain Punch. Fortunately his Bronzor’s Ancient Power made a solid hit, but the Arcanine still stood strong.

    Then as planned, Echo and Phi retreated towards Theta as the magnet Pokémon buffeted the Arcanine with a Swift attack. Then his plan fell apart. He could see that the opposing fire type practically smirked as it unleashed a huge Heat Wave attack towards his trio of Pokémon. He could only watch as his Abra stepped in front of the other two to take the brunt of the attack, but it wasn’t enough as Theta fell to the ground and Echo was barely hanging on. The Bronze Pokémon shot its Psybeam in revenge, but the Arcanine just wouldn’t go down.

    “Son of a b*tch!” Alex swore and clenched his fist in frustration, but then gave a little smirk to himself as he realized that was exactly what the Arcanine was. Still, he was frustrated at the situation, as well as himself. “You call yourself a researcher, but here you are being outsmarted by a dog,” he muttered to himself. It seemed hopeless. Theta was down, Phi could hardly move due to fatigue and heat and any touch of damage would knock out Echo. What was the point in continuing to push on? If his two remaining Pokémon were knocked out, what would he do then? The heat was overwhelming and he doubted that he could get in, retrieve his Pokémon and get out without burning to a crisp. He should just get Phi to get them all out of there. Retreat, heal up and try again later. If the Arcanine was still there, it wouldn’t be as healed as his Pokémon fresh from the Pokémon Center.

    But then, he looked at the screen and saw his pair of psychic types looking back at him. The distance was too far for Phi’s telepathic words to reach him, but he knew what they were trying to convey. They wanted to keep fighting. They believed they could still win, even as tired and battered as they were. He was speechless for a moment. He mentally visualized the spirit of the two of them and imagined that their spirits were flaring blue and reaching out for his. He closed his eyes and took a calming breath. When he opened them, he pictured his own spirit sparked with blue determination. He knew he made plenty of mistakes in this battle, he knew what he should have done differently, but that didn’t matter. They needed to finish this. “Ok guys, let do this. I hope you’re up for it. Echo, flash it with a Confuse Ray. Phi, as soon as you’re able, take advantage of the Psychic Gem I gave you and charge in with a Zen Headbutt and immediately follow up with a Drain Punch. And Echo, when you have a clear shot, hit it with Extrasensory. We need to win this guys. Hang in there.” This was probably going to be the last round. He hoped that they would survive this. If not… he really didn’t want to think about it. He took a calming breath at told himself that they needed to be in united spirits in order to win this. No doubts. Just plow forward. Go for it. Now. Win.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    [SIZE=1]Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walkway
    Dark Searchman

    Sarkahn rumbles and roars into the sky as it goes to take revenge for its fallen comrade! Taking the glass bottle with the supply of Fresh Water, it drinks it up, restoring some of its health as the water refreshes him and helps to heal his wounds. Dugtrio looks a little concerned, but Revanant doesn't at all. He just smirks as he see his eventual victory. He didn't even listen to what you said.

    Sarkahn pours all of his RAGE into one attack, and attack that is famous for its sheer power and for being the first ever discovered DRAGON move. A ball of blue flame forms in Sarkahn's mouth, and he shoots it out like a cannon, the mass of flames threatening to engulf the Dugtrio. But, sticking with its hiding plan, it darts under the ground, the mass of flems only scorching the ground around it for a pretty long distance! Sarkahn looks around to see if he might be able to find where the Dugtrio went, but it appears right out from under him, slamming him with a power DIG attack. But the ROUGH SKIN sure hurts a lot, and Sarkahn was prepared to get up close and personal, as he swings his arms into the air and slams them down on Dugtrio, giving it the full force of a powerful REVENGE attack. The attack does a LOT of damage to Dugtrio, who was helpless as Sarkahn gave him a beating. Dugtrio spins around and blows SAND into Sarkahn's face, causing it to grumble in discomfort as some of the sand gets into its eyes, lowering his accuracy somewhat.

    "You know kid, you think you know everything. You think that my art is the defacement of this mountain. IT THE IMPROVEMENT! Why should creative ability be stifled!? Why must it be that everyone has a problem with true art? People already do things that harm the environment! And they don't even give anything back! I give art! I give life! I give a Memento to the people on what they are doing!" Too bad for him, Dugtrio hears this and thinks it is an order, sacrificing itself by pouring all of its energies into a dark blast, hitting Sarkahn, lowering his offenses. "Ehh, Dugtrio? Please tell me........No. No. NO! I couldn't have lost! You won't get away with this!" he says as he charges forwards, crashing into Sarkahn. He lies on the ground, looking up at Sarkahn as he growls. "Please don't hurt me! Call your beast off! Please! I'm sorry! Just don't hurt me!" Sarkahn picks Revanant up by his feet, and brings him over to you, wondering what he should do with the miscreant. It seems when the chips are down, Revenant folds.

    What will you do?
    {Deidara: What does Revenant know about true art?! True art ... IS AN EXPLOSION!! Sorry, couldn't resist! }

    As Sarkhan drank the Fresh Water with fervor, he got a good portion of his health back. Didn't really faze Revenant or anything, though it certainly made the Dugtrio nervous. And he should've been nervous. Sarkhan was just about to unleash a can of Dragon Rage on their three-headed butts! As he breathes out blue flames, they form a big serpentine dragon that would've engulfed Dugtrio if the moles just took it like men instead of Digging their way away from the attack...and right under Sarkhan. Yeah, needless to say, that was a low blow, Dugtrio. But Sarkhan would have his Revenge, and I'm not talking about the Rough Skin thing this time, though it did happen again, that totally hurt Dugtrio. It's just that Sarkhan using his Fighting-type attack to conk the Dugtrio--BEFORE it turned into a game of Whack-a-Diglett--did tons more damage, that's all. Dugtrio was forced to play defensively dirty now as it threw a Sand-attack in the Druddigon's face, and that would lower Sarkhan's accuracy in the future.

    "You know kid, you think you know everything. You think that my art is the defacement of this mountain. IT'S THE IMPROVEMENT! Why should creative ability be stifled!? Why must it be that everyone has a problem with true art? People already do things that harm the environment! And they don't even give anything back! I give art! I give life! I give a Memento to the people on what they are doing!" And as the Revenant says Memento... Dugtrio is preparing a very nasty ball of dark energy and expends all of its energy as it sends the dark ball towards Sarkhan. He feels a considerable amount of offensive power leave him. ...And oh yeah, Dugtrio fainted from that. Uhhhhhh... okay then. Hyrem and Sarkhan both stand there in a stupor, their jaws both dropping to enhance the comedy. Dugtrio thought he was ordering a Memento attack?! Hyrem thought as he continued his blank stare. "Ehh, Dugtrio?" Revenant says as he just realizes the blunder. "Please tell me........No. No. NO! I couldn't have lost! You won't get away with this!" He then foolishly ran towards Hyrem but bumps into Sarkhan and falls to the ground as a result of said bump into the 300 lb. dragon. Sarkhan took offense to the guy rudely charging into him and growls, making Revenant look up. "Please don't hurt me! Call your beast off! Please! I'm sorry! Just don't hurt me!" he says with terror in his voice. Sarkhan simply picks up the sniveling man by his feet and brings him over to Hyrem upside-down. Commence the chewing out, if you please, Hyrem!

    He bent his knees so that he was closer to being face-to-face with Revenant, though not quite. "First, you must have had a really dumb idea to think your 'art' was actually going to help anything when it was really hurting things even more. Second, here's a tip: next time you battle, don't throw the word 'Memento' around so casually. Either that, or train your Dugtrio better. Though, if Sark were to have his way ... yeah, there wouldn't be a 'next time' for you." Sarkhan took this as a cue to let drool run down the side of his face, though he had absolutely no intention of eating the pathetic loser he held by the feet. This cowardly scumbag wasn't worth his time in the first place; totally annoying, to be honest. Besides, his sickly, thin, pale flesh probably wouldn't be all that filling for a big dragon like Sarkhan. No, Revenant was only going to be good for this Druddigon to do experiments in projectile motion. You know, the ones that involve throwing objects off a cliff? Those kind. "But I don't think it's up to him to decide. I think that's better left to this little guy," said Hyrem, nodding his head toward Solaris. "Your call, Solaris, what should we do with him?" Sarkhan looks around Revenant's legs and at the Larvesta, wondering if Solaris had the same idea as he did, or if the bug had a better idea on how to use this clown.
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 10th May 2013 at 10:25 AM.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    The Island
    Shale Beach
    Food Guy


    As you wait, wondering what to do now that you have gotten dressed, a man comes by, different from the other one, and walks in front of you. "So, you are a new recruit. Come with me, we have a job for you new ones." The man spoke with disdain in his voice, as if you were nothing in his eyes and he was something like a god. He walks away from you quickly, and you have no choice but to follow him, making sure you don't trip or do something silly in front of him. Knowing him, he would probably belt you one.

    He gets to the entrance and standing next to him is a Lucario, absentmidely scratching at the grass underneath his feet. He didn't seem to be as haughty as his trainer, but he surely didn't look you in the eyes either. "Alright, recruit. What I need you to do is to make sure that stock room is all organized and accurate with our current reports. We are going to be moving operations soon, since this place didn't pan out."

    "Micheal, what is the meaning on this?" Micheal turned around to see the man that had led you into the building, looking at him with anger. "Look, Jeff....I" "Don't make excuses. You know very well that the recruit was put under my care. You can shovel off your work onto him." "God damn it Jeff." Micheal walks away, his Lucario following him. "Don't worry about Micheal. He is just talk. Anyways, I need to come into the Jeep over there," he says as he points to your left to a small group of Jeeps, "And come with me back to the Shale Beach. There was news of a find over there, and we need to be the first ones there in case anythin was found. So, of course, we want you with us since you are just a greenhorn. Get the lay of the job."

    You don't say anything to him, but he walks away like he expects you to follow him unconditionably. You do notice though that the camp is eeirely quiet...this might be the time to pull the slip on them and get away.

    What will you do?
    Seriously, what was going on here? Karmas hadn't signed up for anything, and no one really seemed to understand that tiny little fact. To make things worse, while he was freaking out, Sheldon was chill as hell. To be perfectly honest, Karmas wasn't even too sure if his Tirtouga even knew what was actually happening, most of the time he seemed to be off in a world of his own. At least he was with the guy from before, who was miles better in not acting like a total douchebag. That being said, Karmas did have the perfect opportunity to escape, however he said something about a discovery at Shale Beach.

    He did originally wanted to go to Shale Beach, before everything happened, and that man said that there was discovery there, which was definitely enough to pique Karmas' interest. "What do you want to do buddy?" Karmas asked Sheldon.

    The Tirtouga looked at his trainer for several seconds, he wanted to go back to the beach, the beach was fun and wet and fun and wet and very wet and it had water and water was cool and he liked swimming in it and it was especially fun before he was fossilised and there were all of the other Tirtouga to swim with him.

    Karmas looked at Sheldon, who appeared to be off in his own world again, and thus not really capable of giving an answer. So, it was best if Karmas was to make the decision for himself. Despite his better judgement, the trainer decided to follow the man to the Jeep, he blamed the idea of a discovery for his choice.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Infernus
    The Rock Pool
    Treepandaone


    The Alakazam looks at you as you pick your Anorith to go into the Rock Pool, after you give the benefit of some Leftovers, but he has a puzzled look on his face. "I am quite intriqued that you would bring a Pokemon so young and inexperienced into the trial. But, for you to pick this Anorith, you must have a good reason for this. Your Anorith must be very brave to take on this challenge." The Alakazam finishes up, and takes your Pokebelt from you, and places it inside of a small container. It looks like a metal box with carved circles in it. The Alakazam raises his spoons into the air, as a faint blue outline surrounds him. This is a sign that the Alakazam was using its psychic powers in some way. The box gains a blue outline as well, and begins to spin around rapidly, the blue going from a blue outline to a bright blue shape. Then, the box dissapears, like it was never really there in the first place.

    "Don't worry about that. Your Pokemon are safe and sound. I merely teleported them to the end of the trial. Once you complete the trial, you will be able to grab your Pokemon yet again." The Alakazam sits down again, and takes a deep breath in. It seems that such a feat took a lot out of him. "It has been a long time since I did that. I am not the spring chicken I was before." He gets back up, and stands in front of the door. Again, a blue aura of energy surrounds him, but this time, you do not see that anything is happening. "This door seems to be unopenable from the outside...however, it actually can only be opened from the inside. Inside the door. It is a verrrry...." Alakazam groans all of a sudden. "A very complicated lock, that requires that I unlock it with psychic powers." Alakazam begins to pant now. You hear the door starting to make noises. Clinks and clunks and clanks. It sounded like a network of gears. Then, you can see the door gain a light blue outline, but not nearly as bright as the aura around Alakazam. "Urgghhh....it is most difficult to open this door. It was meant to be like this though...to keep people from forcing their way in......" The door makes a resounding CLANK, and then slowly begins to open up. The Alakazam drops its spoons on the ground, both of them being bent nearly completely in half. He manages to float over to his sitting spot before falling onto the ground. He looked exhausted. "Don't worry about me. I will be fine. A couple of puffs and I will be back to normal. Enter young trainer, enter, and see if you are worthy of entering the Rock Pool.

    The trail contains a series of puzzles and riddles, along with four challenges that you will have to conquer. If you complete the trial, you will be able to enter the Rock Pool and potentially be able to capture a very rare Pokemon. If you fail, however, you will be given a consolation reward. If you back out of a challenge, you will have a better consolation prize.

    Looking into the hallway, you see that it is lit somewhat, but the lights are spaced far away...this definetely has a purpose, and some sections of the hallway are still pitchblack. You can here the sounds of water coming out of a faucet or a fountain.

    Will you walk into the hallway?
    OoC: Thanks for picking me back up dude, hopefully we can have a fun adventure together.

    The ground began to shake with a psychic might, the old Alakazam huffing and puffing to move the heavy-set stone from its place, taking short breaks in-between pushes to explain how such a tomb was to be forever concealed from outsiders. Looking down to his belt, Matthew saw the Mew vibrating with anticipation at such a powerful show of force; furthering the trainer's expectations that this was the reason he had been teleported to such a place. Feeling awkward, Matthew looked around the cavernous entrance of the rock pool's secret lair, the sturdy, jutting rock walls confining him to a singular approach as Matthew wondered how deep the trails would go.

    Eventually a loud clang snapped him back to reality as Matthew shuffled back over to the Alakazam as the psychic-type fell to his knees, its spoons bent in half at such a monuments task. The trainer bowed at the kindness the Alakazam had shown him; it was not every day that a guardian lets an ordinary trainer from out of no-where enter a super secret vault … or was it?

    Taking off his Pokébelt and handing it to the mustached Pokémon he noticed the confused look at his choice of Pokémon. Matthew mulled over his decision, perhaps with the warning and extra-complicated lock he had chosen poorly but it mattered not to him. Even the Alakzam could see how brave Pontos had become, and though Matthew had not chosen his strongest level-wise to enter the trails with him, he had feasibly chosen the strongest mentally.

    With the Alakazam concealing the Pokéballs in a runed metal container and promising they would be teleported to the end of the trails, Matthew felt a tinge of separation anxiety, it was certainly not the first time he had been without the rest of his party it was the first time he had willingly given them up, though he noted how poorly the outcome could have been the last time.

    Nodding to the psi Pokémon as he spoke of the trail's mechanisms, Matthew studdied the route ahead, the shadowing darkness certainly worried him immensely, the spacing lighting indicated that a trap or ambush could be easily set up, and the idea of natural lighting under the rock-face was very rare, especially with the effort the Alakazam had gone to in order to keep travelers from entering the cave.

    Taking his Anorith and placing him on its arms, he felt the legs wrap round his forearm, carrying the carapace Pokémon like a bird of prey as he talked it through his plan.

    “Are you ready Anorith?” he asked, as the bug type's armour flashed in recognition, “We're going to try and run through the gauntlet to the end. If we get to the darkness and we're attacked, I want you to use an Iron Defense and I'll use you to deflect the bullets. Once you see the enemy's location attack with an Ancient Power and Scary Face while I keep running. If we're not attacked but we come across a force of water, I'll jump and you Rapid Spin and Giga Impact us across like M Bison from that SNES game we play at our base.”

    Giving a thumbs up to the old shrimp Pokémon, Matthew charged head first into the open lair, hoping his pure speed and parkour would serve him well against the forces beyond the darkness.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Team Rocket HQ
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Infernus
    The Rock Pool
    CyberBlastoise

    The kid who was just challenging you to a battle stares in awe as you completely refuse his offer, not wanting to get involved in any of his personal issues with the Clamperl. The Clamperl just looks at you coldly, as if you had not offended her trainer, but you had offended her. As you walk into the woods, Shelly looks back at you and follows you, not wanting to leave your side even though there was injustice being played out. "YOU ARROGANT PUNK! I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS! ONCE I GET A BETTER POKEMON, YOU WON'T RUN AWAY THAT TIME! I MAKE I HAVE YOU DEFEATED! AHAHAHAHA!" the kid yells at you, obviously extremely offended that you walked away from a fight. "Come on Clamperl! My idiot sister is going to pay for giving me such a terrible Pokemon!" "Clamp! "

    That is all you here as you walk away from them, not wanting to get involved at all. Walking through the woods in a direction you were not exactly sure of, you find something on the ground under your feet. It is a Pearl! But there is a note under it.

    "Trainer, there is a time when action must be done. You cannot prove yourself in the Rock Pool if all you come for is greed and lust. This imperfect Pearl is a measure of you. It will get you into the Rock Pool, but, you will have to face more trials."

    You look at the note with a little bit of wonder, mostly on how he could think that he could measure up your person. You look around you to make sure that there is no one watching you, and walk again, noticing that you end up right where the sign post is again. You are sure that you walked father that this in order to leave here, so why did it take less time to get back? You walk up to the signpost with the pearl in your hand when you see another note on the signpost.

    "Trainer, there is a chance for you to remove yourself from the trials ahead. If you can gain the Sacred Purple Pearl then you will be granted instant access into the Rock Pool without the need to worry about any trials or tribulations that may come your way. If you choose to use the Pearl you have and press onwards, however, you will have to prove yourself. It's your decision, so have at it if you must."

    What will you do?

    "Bah, that kid...treating his Pokemon like some sort of tool. I mean really," Bill was still angry at that kid. Still, he hoped that the kid would at least have the common sense to release the Pokemon some place safe and not in the middle of this dense forest. Yeah, no one is that stupid. Bill continued onward through his journey to find the mysterious Rock Pool. He shouldn't let things like this distract him, although every so often Shelly would look back towards where they came from. Bill knew why too. Shelly was worried for that poor Clamperl, and truthfully so was he. The problem was that that situation thrust him into a lose-lose position. On one hand, if he challenged the Clamperl and won, the kid would've released it anyways and that would be that. Plus, it seemed like that the Clamperl was the kid's only Pokemon too. Then Bill would've had to either live with the guilt of leaving a defenseless child alone in the forest, or he would've tagged along. Neither of which were really idealistic options. On the other, if Bill lost on purpose, then he wouldn't have learned anything. There was no getting around that.

    Still, just wondering around the forest like this just caused him to think more and more about what happened. That was until Bill's foot found some uneven ground and caused the unsuspecting trainer to fall straight to the ground. Shelly ran up to her trainer to see if he was hurt or anything, but Bill motioned that he was fine. Curious as to what had tripped him, he looked to see just what the culprit was. Upon first glance, it looked like an ordinary rock, but then he noticed something interesting about its shape, it looked like it was roundish and it was a bright white color too. Reaching into his backpack, he pulled out a small gardening spade and dug out around the area. Sure enough, his suspicions were founded, the item that he tripped over was a pearl. However, he found another item underneath the pearl, a note.

    "Trainer, there is a time when action must be done. You cannot prove yourself in the Rock Pool if all you come for is greed and lust. This imperfect Pearl is a measure of you. It will get you into the Rock Pool, but, you will have to face more trials."

    What a strange note. So either someone was watching Bill or it was actually addressed to someone other than him and he just happened to get there first. Although the note pretty much told him that he should make some sort of action, perhaps in the future or past. He wasn't in it for the greed of catching rare Pokemon or lust...lust? What did sexual desires have to do with finding it? At either case, the note did point out that there will be more trials ahead, that was something he expected. After all, this place was supposedly lost through time, of course people are going to have a hard time getting in. Bill looked around to see who could have planted the pearl here but there was no one in sight. Whoever did, did a good job of covering their tracks too.

    With pearl in hand, Bill and Shelly decided to head back to where the sign was. Wait...which way was it again? Oh boy, he was lost in these woods, and it was time to start wandering around again. As he and Shelly traveled through the forest, he couldn't help but think about that kid again. As he went into deep thought, his face found itself smacking into something hard. At least it was sturdy enough to cause him to fall backwards. What was with him today? He was normally clumsy, but not that clumsy. Once again, he peered to see just what caused it this time, it was the same sign that he saw before. Odd, he remembered traveling farther through the forest than this. Did he really go in that far a circle before? He did see something fall off the sign, another piece of paper.

    "Trainer, there is a chance for you to remove yourself from the trials ahead. If you can gain the Sacred Purple Pearl then you will be granted instant access into the Rock Pool without the need to worry about any trials or tribulations that may come your way. If you choose to use the Pearl you have and press onwards, however, you will have to prove yourself. It's your decision, so have at it if you must."

    He weighed in his decisions. For once, there was an easy way provided. No more trials and he could go straight for the Rock Pool, no problem. However, he also had to consider how long it took him to find a regular pearl in this place. Finding another one, a rare one at that, could take a lot longer than a few trials too. He thought about this long and hard, but eventually he decided that he's taken a lot of trials before, how bad would a few more be? Although he did wonder just what to do with the pearl. He looked at Shelly whom was just as clueless. Maybe he was just to say something aloud.

    "I choose to use this pearl," he said aloud hoping for some sort of reaction.

    Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner


    3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,507

    Default Cortoza Updates: 2/11/2014

    Just let me say this, I’m incredibly glad that I’m back updating again. This hopefully is going to be a wild ride, and I think you will enjoy my updates now more than the ones in the past. So, allons-y!

    Mt. Infernus
    The Rock Pool
    Treep


    You immediately dash into the hallway, wondering why it was that you were just suddenly allowed into a super-secret vault and that this must obviously be some kind of ambush. Or some kind of trap. Or something super dangerous because something was definitely fishy here, and you weren’t going to go in without some safety measures in place. You dash through the darkness, the lights on either side of you not being of much help other than so you don’t accidentally run into the walls or into something. Soon, you reach the end of the corridor, and find that nothing bad has happened to you. No enemies popped out and tried to attack you, nothing came from the ceiling to try and impale you, you didn’t fall into a trap hole only to be eaten by a giant Ariados. As you look around you, you notice that the end of the corridor its quite brightly lit, numerous torches on the walls showing a weird sight.

    It’s a fountain, though nothing ornate or fancy, just a basin with a spout, the water pouring out of it at a rapid rate. In front of the basin is a plate attached to a stone beam, not much taller than a foot or two in height, and next to it are two stone jugs, one noticeably larger than the other. They don’t have anything special on them, except for one number. The one of the left, the larger one, has the number “5” embossed in it, while the one on the right, the smaller one, has the number “3” embossed in it. You stand there confused on what these jugs might mean, before your Anorith points to the fountain again. Above the spout, there is a plate with writing on it. You look closer to see what it says, careful to avoid touching the plate in front of you.

    “Welcome to your first puzzle. In this puzzle, you have been giving two jugs. One holds five units of water, the other holds three units of water. In this puzzle, you must fill the larger jug with exactly four units of water. Then, you must put it on the base. If it is exactly 4 units of water, one of the two doors will open up, but if it is not, another door will. Once one of the doors opens, the other one will not, so you must think carefully on how you want to do it. One path is easier than the other, but both will lead to the first challenge.”

    You notice that while this seems somewhat old...its seems like its not as old as everything else around it, which makes it seem like it was added in here recently. You look at the puzzle in front of you, trying to figure out how to do this and avoid the more difficult path.

    How will you solve the puzzle?

    Mt. Infernus
    The Rock Pool
    CyberBlastoise


    In a strong, confident voice, you tell whoever has been watching you and judging you that you wish to use the Pearl that you were given. An echo rings out after you say it, odd since you are supposed to be in a jungle and jungles are not well known for being able to carry sound very effectively. You notice no life around you...anywhere. What is wrong with this jungle? It’s devoid of life as far as you can tell, with not a sound around you, not a bird chirping or any shaking in the bushes, and sounds carries like you were in a cave. Wait, something IS wrong! The world around you looks hazy and distorted, like you were looking at it through a pane of translucent glass with ripples in it. Shelly hisses and prepares herself for an ambusher, but all that happens is that the signpost that was in front of you disappears, and all that is left there is a hole. You look inside and see nothing but a pitch black murkiness, and what looks to be part of a ladder. You look cautiously around you, seeing if there is any way out of this, but now you can barely see anything around you. It’s become a blank, stark, white wall around you, and now there seems to be no other way except to go down. You gulp, and cautiously begin to descend the wooden ladder.

    Your fears do not go away however, as you continue to descend into the murkiness with no light to guide you down. You tenderly make sure where each rung of the ladder is, though you notice that this ladder hasn’t seemed to age much. The rungs are always in place and sturdy, and you guess that’s also because of the unique nature of this place, which you haven’t been able to put a finger what exactly was up with this place since you got here. Shelly is able to see in the dark, thankfully, and she hasn’t shown any signs of anything being out of place or dangerous since you have been climbing down here. Not that she isn’t alert...its just been a normal tunnel that seems to go on and on. You look down and find that there is no light...how much deeper does this place go anyhow? You continue climbing down till it almost feels like your arms and legs might just fall off from the exertion, before Shelly releases a cry of relief. You aren’t exactly sure what she sees, but as you climb down a bit more you can see a faint light further down. You hope that it isn’t just another torch on the wall, but it seems that if Shelly is relieved than it should be the bottom. You climb down with more fervor than before, and finally you can see what the light was illuminating in its fullest, the bottom of the tunnel! You climb down with more haste that you have before, and you finally reach the bottom of the tunnel. The ground is hard under your feet, and Shelley looks ahead along with you. There is a wooden door blocking the path, and you grasp the handle, opening it gingerly.

    In front of you, there is a man sitting in the middle of a chamber lit by many torches. He is wearing what looks to be something almost like a cowboy hat on his head, and he is dressed in what looks to be...cowboy clothing? You aren’t exactly sure what to call it, but that’s the moniker that fits. Behind him is another door with a window, though you can’t see from this distance what that window could be showing. Around him is ten pillars that reach up halfway to the ceiling, each one with a stone jar on the top of it.

    “Hmmm, I didn’t expect that you would just go in with the pearl given to you. Maybe I’m getting a bit rusty in my examinations of people?” He stands up, and you can see eyes of gray looking at you with sharp intensity. “Anyhow, don’t expect a fancy introduction. This is your first trial. I want to test how good your luck is. In one of these jars is the golden Snorlax. If you find it, you can move on. If you can’t, you might find something else instead. 4 of these jars have dangerous Pokemon in them, and if you find all 4 of them, you fail this challenge. The odds are in your favor...no?” He goes to the door, opens it, and before going through it, says, “Oh, and don’t dilly-dally about it. The volcano may be extinct, but it still gets hot in here.”

    What jar will you break?

    Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walkway
    Gemini Spark / Dark Searchman


    Revenant grows paler and paler(a thought you probably couldn’t have imagined just five minutes ago from looking at the guy) with the sudden realization that he is going to be eaten alive. He begins to shiver and shake, not to get free but just out of fear itself; it says something about a man when he suddenly deflates under pressure. Until you leave it up to the Larvesta what to do with him, and he looks at the Larvesta with a pleading look on his face. “Please, please I don’t even know if you can understand me, but I’m really, really sorry okay. Let’s just all be civil okay!?” You scoff at the mention of civil, considering his actions in which he destroyed the homes of innocent Pokemon and defaced a mountain. But, despite all of that, it seems that the Larvesta has seen in its heart the ability to forgive, and while looking at Sarkhan, motions its head to put Revenant down. Sarkhan looks at the Larvesta curiously, wondering what he could be thinking by letting him go, but the Larvesta merely nods his head again. Sarkhan grunts but releases his grip on Revenant, causing him to fall to the ground. He cries out in pain briefly as he hits the hard ground, but quickly turns around and begins thanking the Larvesta profusely. “OH thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! Thank you for sparing my life, I promise it won’t happen again! Please, just let me go.” The Larvesta looks at him for a moment, before hissing loudly.

    Revenant barely has any time to react before Larvesta sprays out a bunch of little flames at him from his horns, this attack being somewhat reminiscent of the embers one might find flying away from a campfire or something similar to that. This is far less benign though, as the embers hit Revenant and cause him to yelp and shriek in pain before Larvesta stops the attack. Revenant freezes, and stops moving as he sees that the Embers have lit his clothes on fire and that the fires were spreading rapidly. “Ahh ahh ahhh I’m on fire! I’m on fire!” He begins to quickly pat the fires with his hand, trying in a desperate effort to put them out and keep himself from getting burned. This isn’t very successful however, and the fires continue to spread quickly. He panicks and falls to the ground, before a face of realization forms and he begins to roll across the ground, trying to put out the fires that way. This...actually seems to work, his quick smothering into the dirt causing the flames to slowly die out, leaving a slightly charred but not burned Revenant standing with his clothes in tatters. “You...you won’t...ahh screw it what’s the point, I’m getting out of here!” Revenant then runs behind you, descending the mountainside in order to get as far away from you as possible.

    You smirk as you watch him run away, glad that you were able to stop him, even if it was by a weird freak accident that you did so. The Larvesta looks at you with sharp eyes, as if it was judging you right now. But he looks away, and goes to continue forward. It seems to you that he wants to keep going up the mountain, but you hear something faintly in the distance. It’s not too far away, but its sounds muffled, and you move quickly to find the source of the noise. The Larvesta looks slightly annoyed at this, but goes along with you. As you move away some of the tainted bush, you find a Clefable looking around, weeping slightly. It seems that the cries of this mother were what you heard, or maybe the muffled sobs of it. The mother seems not to notice you are there are first, but she soon does and panics. She backs away, when suddenly three Cleffa children pop out of nowhere to protect their mother. The sight is almost too heart-meltingly cute, but you notice that the mother is looking in the distance, towards a sharp outcropping. There is something there, you know it, but can you get this Clefable to trust you? Larvesta grunts briefly, seemingly annoyed with the situation, as if it wasn’t any of his problem.

    What will you do? Will you try and help the Clefable, or go up the mountain with Larvesta?

    The Island
    Shale Beach
    PeeGee


    Despite having what could be called the golden opportunity to escape, multiple things weigh on your mind about what the kid said. The idea of a discovery being made interests you greatly, as who knows what you could possibly find? You could find buried treasure that not actually worth anything, you could find a fossil of a Pokemon that doesn’t actually exist, or you could find the super-advanced technology of a past civilization that doesn’t work anymore...okay maybe this archeology thing isn’t as good as its cracked up to be, but it still interests you none the less. Not to mention Sheldon, who while he isn’t as interested in it as you are, he still loves the beach and the sand and the water and isn’t so much a fan of the hot, steamy jungle. So, you move towards the Jeep in the hopes that this isn’t an absolutely terrible idea and that you might just not be sending yourself up Shit’s Creek without a paddle. Jeff looks at you as you climb and smiles weakly, something similar to a nostalgic smile before it quickly disappears from his face.


    “Alright, now listen kid because what I am about to tell you next is very important. It might look like we are the only ones looking for these rare artifacts and such, but we aren’t. There is another group of there also looking for them as well. Now, I have no idea what we do with the stuff when we find it. It’s probably being sold to the highest bidder since we tend to get paid pretty well for finding stuff, but that is really none of my concern. The point is that we are doing this on a commercial venture, which means that we have rights to anything found within a certain radius of a find, which supersede the rights of non-profit organizations. It’s kinda complicated and I really don’t know more than the basics, but you need to know that if you intend to actually get anything done. They will try and say that you can’t do anything while they are there, but they are dead wrong alright. The law is on our side. It’s not on theirs.” With that, Jeff falls quiet as the Jeep hits a bump in the road and the back end flies into the air. You grip onto the edge of the Jeep with your hands while Sheldon bounces into the air before landing safely on your lap again. Maybe its this little guy with you, but you don’t seem as stressed now as you were before.

    The jeep pulls up to the beach, and looking off to your right, you notice that there is another group of people digging in the sand as well, probably looking for some sort of artifact along with you. Or, well, against you anyways. You look and you don’t see the kind of organization those people have that you find in the group you have been with, though you aren’t entirely sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Sheldon really doesn’t notice all the humbug going on and instead looks out at the ocean with a longing look, much rather wanting to go there and ignore all of this just to splash and swim in the waves. Jeff comes up to you and looks at you, “Alright, what we need you to do right now is go over there and get them out of here.so we can work. Do what you need to, and don’t let them intimidate you, all right?”

    What will you do?


    Mt. Ceniza
    Granite Tunnel
    Rakurai


    Ooc: Blaze’s battle updates are confirmed to contain 50% more concentrated Blaze snark.


    After being able to get Flandre free, you feel better about having to face this Heatmor. You have the advantage in numbers, with both Kiba and Flandre on one side while the Heatmor is just by himself. The numbers are on your side...but this doesn’t mean that you will win this fight. It doesn’t mean that all of a sudden a rock is going to fall on your head either. But, you never know, things could go terribly wrong. Murphy’s Law and all, you know. Anyways, Kiba yips and barks at the wild Heatmor as her skin begins to spark and jolt with electricity, it building up quickly into a sort of crescendo that makes one think of a generator getting ready to explode. Kiba then barks loudly as the electricity quickly moves towards Heatmor, it being shaped in thin, small tendrils that quickly wrap around the Heatmor. It groans in pain and you notice that it is locking up his muscles nicely, the eyes in Heatmor’s head showing a lot of pain and hate in them as they pierce with malice. He just wants to get you back for that, back for the suffering he is feeling right now. Flandre begins to spin around in a sort of awkward dance, something that has to do with Dragons and the sacred connection between dragon and spirit. Something like that, I never really figured it out myself. Kiba looks pleased at this development, barking some words of encouragement towards Flandre as they go to strike a big blow against this Heatmor. Kiba begins to spin around and around in a circle, sending small electrical bolts into the air inside of his circle and using his fast running in order to shape, smooth, and increase the power of the ball. This is a somewhat weird attack but Heatmor looks very concerned about it, and the ball of electric energy reaches a crescendo, pulsing and sparking like made before Kiba fires it at Heatmor. The ball quickly moves along the ground, hitting the frozen Heatmor and causing him to fly backwards quite a few feet. It screams out in pain as the powerful attack slams into it, electricity pouring into his body and frying his circuits. He gets back up though, the attack beating out the remnants of his paralysis by means of more electricity. You cheer inside at the powerful attack working, and Flandre grins evilly at this. Heatmor isn’t pleased, however, and take a deep breath it, before blowing out a massive pillar of flames at Kiba, this attack being a powerful Flamethrower attack. Kiba yelps briefly before the flames wash over him, causing him to cry out and yell in pain as the attack burns his fur and threatens to sent on him fire, however he is able to get out of the flames before that happens. Flandre sees her partner fall in the flames, and then charges at Heatmor, covering her claws with Dragon energy. Or no wait, not her claws, but also her entire body with Dragon energy! She charges into Heatmor, causing it to his in pain as it is pushed backwards a bit, but Flandre isn’t able to topple it over. In fact, Heatmor just plants it feet into the ground and stops the advances of Flandre, before taking its sharp claws and raking them across Flandre’s chest, causing her to screech in pain and stumble backwards a bit. The noise rings across the cavern, and you think you hear something behind you. You turn around, and you see that something is rising up from the lava, something evil and sinister and more importantly evil. Or...its just another Heatmor. Yeah, that could work. The Heatmor climbs out of the lava and stares at you, hissing loudly as it approaches you. Flandre and Kiba see this, and look at each other briefly before setting themselves up on either side of you. Flandre takes the Heatmor you have been fighting while Kiba yips and growls at the other one.

    Kiba then begins to build up electricity in his body, several sparks shooting up and bouncing across the ground as he performs yet another electric move to shock and awe his opponents. Or, well, to just damage them. You never know. Anyways, three bolts of electricity jump from Kiba and completely frazzle the other Heatmor, causing it to hiss in pain and back up a little bit as it tries to shake off the dangerously powerful attack. Flandre at the same time charges at the other Heatmor with a fist raised, before stopping in front of him and giving a strong karate...punch? to the stomach, causing the other Heatmor to cry out in pain and stumble back a bit. Now both Heatmor are trained on you, and are looking to kill...or at least horribly maim you.

    What will you do?

    Mt. Ceniza
    Granite Tunnel
    Missingno. Master


    The Gabite hisses and screeches at you as you try to come up with a plan to stop all of this sandstorm silliness. He charges at Lily, going right for the Venomoth’s wings with one of his claws laced with draconic green energy. You panic as you realize that the Gabite is going to try and cut off her wing somehow, or at least damage it enough so that Lily would be unable to fly away and be fully in his grasp. You shout your orders quickly to Lily, who responds likewise with incredible speed. Lily begins to flap her wings extremely quickly, her wings moving a sharp blue, and all of a sudden a quick blast of wind blows through the tunnel, threatening to not just blow the Gabite away but also you and your companion. You plant yourself and anchor yourself into the rock face, trying to stand steady and firm in the face of the powerful winds. Gabite growls and tries to plant himself as well, his claw attack going into the dust, and even he can’t help but get pushed into the wall, rolling into it from the winds and being planted on it. Your companion also cries out as he is pushed to the side, but other than that you find that the winds were somewhat anti-climatic. The Sandstorm is gone however, a good thing too since it nullifies that Gabite’s ability. “Dude, watch it next time! We are at the end of a tunnel you know! Just, please don’t try that again!” You take his words into consideration, but you never know what you might need to defeat this for...he is rather crafty after all.

    The Gabite screeches out, before charging at Lily, both of its fins covered in a blueish energy, ready to strike back and retaliate. He swings at both of Lily’s wings, hitting both of them with his mighty Dual Chop attack, causing Lily to shriek in pain and fall to the ground. You nearly run after her, but the Gabite growls fiercely as it contemplates what its about to do with your Venomoth. Lily tries to get up, but one of her wings is too injured to move. The Gabite opens its mouth and lets out something that’s almost like a laugh...you skin crawls and a shiver goes down your spine when you hear it. But soon, you see Lily perk her head up. You can’t see it, but she has a defiant look in her eye. She hasn’t given up, and she is going to defeat this Gabite. She sprays out another wave of toxic sludge at her opponent, who is caught off guard by this attack and hisses, retreating somewhat to try and create some distance between the two. He hisses in disgust as he tries to scrape some of the sludgy slime off of him, and then he begins to shudder. Against all odds, against all things aReNGee, it seems that the sludge has poisoned the Gabite. It gurgles a bit as the poison moves through its veins, and you silently cheer that such luck happened. This could change things around for the better! The Gabite seems a little put off attacking right now as the poison flows through it, causing it some pain as it slowly backs away. Lily doesn’t let this advantage go to waste though, as she spits out another powerful wave of sludge towards Gabite. He is caught by surprised and ends up getting washed away by the sludge. He hits the wall and hisses loudly, looking to see where his hole is, before shaking his head and roaring again. He charges at Lily, before jumping up into the air and slamming down on top of her. You freeze as Lily screeches in pain as the Gabite pins her to the ground, the massive weight difference between the two amplifying her pain and causing her to screech out. Your Venomoth is not in a good position now, even with Gabite poisoned she can’t keep withstanding the weight!

    What will you do?

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Ceniza
    Granite Tunnel
    Missingno. Master


    The Gabite hisses and screeches at you as you try to come up with a plan to stop all of this sandstorm silliness. He charges at Lily, going right for the Venomoth’s wings with one of his claws laced with draconic green energy. You panic as you realize that the Gabite is going to try and cut off her wing somehow, or at least damage it enough so that Lily would be unable to fly away and be fully in his grasp. You shout your orders quickly to Lily, who responds likewise with incredible speed. Lily begins to flap her wings extremely quickly, her wings moving a sharp blue, and all of a sudden a quick blast of wind blows through the tunnel, threatening to not just blow the Gabite away but also you and your companion. You plant yourself and anchor yourself into the rock face, trying to stand steady and firm in the face of the powerful winds. Gabite growls and tries to plant himself as well, his claw attack going into the dust, and even he can’t help but get pushed into the wall, rolling into it from the winds and being planted on it. Your companion also cries out as he is pushed to the side, but other than that you find that the winds were somewhat anti-climatic. The Sandstorm is gone however, a good thing too since it nullifies that Gabite’s ability. “Dude, watch it next time! We are at the end of a tunnel you know! Just, please don’t try that again!” You take his words into consideration, but you never know what you might need to defeat this for...he is rather crafty after all.

    The Gabite screeches out, before charging at Lily, both of its fins covered in a blueish energy, ready to strike back and retaliate. He swings at both of Lily’s wings, hitting both of them with his mighty Dual Chop attack, causing Lily to shriek in pain and fall to the ground. You nearly run after her, but the Gabite growls fiercely as it contemplates what its about to do with your Venomoth. Lily tries to get up, but one of her wings is too injured to move. The Gabite opens its mouth and lets out something that’s almost like a laugh...you skin crawls and a shiver goes down your spine when you hear it. But soon, you see Lily perk her head up. You can’t see it, but she has a defiant look in her eye. She hasn’t given up, and she is going to defeat this Gabite. She sprays out another wave of toxic sludge at her opponent, who is caught off guard by this attack and hisses, retreating somewhat to try and create some distance between the two. He hisses in disgust as he tries to scrape some of the sludgy slime off of him, and then he begins to shudder. Against all odds, against all things aReNGee, it seems that the sludge has poisoned the Gabite. It gurgles a bit as the poison moves through its veins, and you silently cheer that such luck happened. This could change things around for the better! The Gabite seems a little put off attacking right now as the poison flows through it, causing it some pain as it slowly backs away. Lily doesn’t let this advantage go to waste though, as she spits out another powerful wave of sludge towards Gabite. He is caught by surprised and ends up getting washed away by the sludge. He hits the wall and hisses loudly, looking to see where his hole is, before shaking his head and roaring again. He charges at Lily, before jumping up into the air and slamming down on top of her. You freeze as Lily screeches in pain as the Gabite pins her to the ground, the massive weight difference between the two amplifying her pain and causing her to screech out. Your Venomoth is not in a good position now, even with Gabite poisoned she can’t keep withstanding the weight!

    What will you do?
    As Keith pondered ways to handle the Sandstorm, Gabite had other plans, using this moment as an opportunity to lunge at Lily, going right for the wings with a glowing green claw. Keith wasn't sure exactly what attack this was, though was willing to bet on Dragon Claw. Either way, though, the fact remained that Gabite looked intent on cutting off Lily's wings, and that made Keith panic. Quickly, he called out his orders, and the Venomoth sprang into action, flapping her wings and whipping up a mighty Gust of wind. This served its intended purpose of clearing out the sandstorm, but so powerful was the wind that Keith had to hold onto the rock and anchor himself to prevent it from pushing him. Clyde and Gabite, however, did no such thing, and were both pushed around by the Gust attack. Clyde snapped at Keith, telling him to watch it next time and not try that again, reminding him that they were at the end of a tunnel. At this, Lily turned to face him. "Veno Venomoth!" she exclaimed to Clyde, before turning back to face Gabite. Keith barely suppressed a grin. He knew nothing of Venomoth language, but judging by Lily's tone, if he had to guess, he'd say she was telling Clyde off for snapping at Keith like he did.

    "No, Lily, he has a valid point," Keith replied. "I knew you had it in you to take out that Sandstorm, but I still underestimated the power behind that Gust." He was grinning now, grinning with pride in his Venomoth, and Lily knew this, too.

    Then, Gabite's screeching turned their attention back to the battle, just as the Cave Pokémon delivered a devastating Dual Chop to Lily's wings. The Dragon move hit hard and knocked the Venomoth to the ground. Keith nearly ran over to her, but Gabite's fierce growling held him at bay. Keith looked on as Lily attempted to get back into the air, but one of her wings was too badly hurt for that to happen. Gabite emitted a sound that seemed somewhat like a laugh, but it sent a shiver down Keith's spine. But then, Lily's head perked up. Even though he couldn't see the look of determination and defiance in her eyes, Keith didn't need to see it to know it was there- he knew his Venomoth well, he knew she wasn't gonna go down easy. Swiftly, Lily blasted Gabite with Sludge Wave, catching it off guard. It retreated somewhat, and then shuddered, which served to widen Keith's grin- Gabite was poisoned! The poisoning was clearly having an adverse effect on Gabite's fighting spirit, as it hesitated to attack any further. Keith said nothing, but on the inside, he was cheering for Lily and this wonderful stroke of luck.

    And this momentary cease-fire on Gabite's part was an advantage that Lily did not hesitate to press! Seizing her chance, she unleashed another Sludge Wave, washing Gabite away and slamming it into the wall. But then, the Dragon/Ground-type lunged once more, jumping into the air and landing right on Lily! The weight of the situation made itself known to Keith right there and then- Gabite were heavier than Venomoth, for sure, and these two didn't look to be an exception to this. Lily screeched in pain, pinned to the ground, and Keith could feel himself starting to panic. He had to do something, and fast, or Lily wasn't gonna last much longer under Gabite's weight, this battle was getting so hard- wait a second, that was it! Hard!

    "Lily!" Keith called out. "Harden! Now! Then sap its strength with a Giga Drain, and blast it with a Venoshock, maximum power!" Yes, this would do it, he was sure. Harden would help Lily hold up under Gabite's weight, Giga Drain might restore some of her strength while weakening Gabite, and Venoshock... Heh, heh, heh. Keith hadn't planned on Gabite becoming poisoned, but it certainly helped him decide on a move to use. He couldn't help but grin- Lily's Venoshock was gonna hit Gabite like a ton of bricks.

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Where you want to Live
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    The Island
    Shale Beach
    PeeGee


    Despite having what could be called the golden opportunity to escape, multiple things weigh on your mind about what the kid said. The idea of a discovery being made interests you greatly, as who knows what you could possibly find? You could find buried treasure that not actually worth anything, you could find a fossil of a Pokemon that doesn’t actually exist, or you could find the super-advanced technology of a past civilization that doesn’t work anymore...okay maybe this archeology thing isn’t as good as its cracked up to be, but it still interests you none the less. Not to mention Sheldon, who while he isn’t as interested in it as you are, he still loves the beach and the sand and the water and isn’t so much a fan of the hot, steamy jungle. So, you move towards the Jeep in the hopes that this isn’t an absolutely terrible idea and that you might just not be sending yourself up ****’s Creek without a paddle. Jeff looks at you as you climb and smiles weakly, something similar to a nostalgic smile before it quickly disappears from his face.


    “Alright, now listen kid because what I am about to tell you next is very important. It might look like we are the only ones looking for these rare artifacts and such, but we aren’t. There is another group of there also looking for them as well. Now, I have no idea what we do with the stuff when we find it. It’s probably being sold to the highest bidder since we tend to get paid pretty well for finding stuff, but that is really none of my concern. The point is that we are doing this on a commercial venture, which means that we have rights to anything found within a certain radius of a find, which supersede the rights of non-profit organizations. It’s kinda complicated and I really don’t know more than the basics, but you need to know that if you intend to actually get anything done. They will try and say that you can’t do anything while they are there, but they are dead wrong alright. The law is on our side. It’s not on theirs.” With that, Jeff falls quiet as the Jeep hits a bump in the road and the back end flies into the air. You grip onto the edge of the Jeep with your hands while Sheldon bounces into the air before landing safely on your lap again. Maybe its this little guy with you, but you don’t seem as stressed now as you were before.

    The jeep pulls up to the beach, and looking off to your right, you notice that there is another group of people digging in the sand as well, probably looking for some sort of artifact along with you. Or, well, against you anyways. You look and you don’t see the kind of organization those people have that you find in the group you have been with, though you aren’t entirely sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Sheldon really doesn’t notice all the humbug going on and instead looks out at the ocean with a longing look, much rather wanting to go there and ignore all of this just to splash and swim in the waves. Jeff comes up to you and looks at you, “Alright, what we need you to do right now is go over there and get them out of here.so we can work. Do what you need to, and don’t let them intimidate you, all right?”

    What will you do?
    Karmas stood there and listened as Jeff explained what was going on. While he looked like he was paying attention on the outside, on the inside Karmas was starting to get a little bit worried. They were going to be looking for artifacts for profit, which didn't sit right with the trainer. There was also the little bit that Jeff said about the non-profit organisations and the law not being on their side. Would they just do nothing when told that they had no legal rights? Or would they resort to more drastic measures? The latter seemed more likely, especially going off Karmas had seen on the news. He looked down at Sheldon, the goofy turtle staring off into the distance, his eyes alight with excitement. Karmas didn't want any harm to come to Sheldon.

    He was snapped out of his inner thoughts when the jeep hit a bump, throwing Sheldon up into the air before he fell down back into his lap. Turns out that a lump of hard rocky shell is quite heavy, as his legs found out. Biting his lip to try and distract him from the pain, Karmas looked to his right as the jeep pulled in to the beach. His first impression was that the people were way less organized, which could mean that they were the harmless type. Well that's what he hoped, especially once Jeff told him his objective.

    These guys shouldn't be too hard to get rid of right? thought the trainer Though what did he mean by 'Do what you need to'

    "Come on Sheldon," said Karmas, hopping out of the jeep as he pushed Sheldon off his lap, "Let's go and do this."

    Sheldon, who had been staring out at the beach, tore his attention away, a goofy grin still on his face. With a cry of excitement he jumped out of the jeep and started to waddle his way over to the beach, and most importantly, the water. Bringing his palm upto his forehead, Karmas grabbed Sheldon's arm and directed him where to go. This was going to be interesting, especially since Karmas didn't know what to do. As he walked over, he tried to formulate a plan, eventually deciding that he would try and calmly talk to the people first, and well if they got hostile, well Karmas definitely had a way to counter act that. But he hoped that it wouldn't come to that.

    Last edited by PeeGee; 13th February 2014 at 4:41 AM.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Just let me say this, I’m incredibly glad that I’m back updating again. This hopefully is going to be a wild ride, and I think you will enjoy my updates now more than the ones in the past. So, allons-y!

    Mt. Infernus
    The Rock Pool
    Treep


    You immediately dash into the hallway, wondering why it was that you were just suddenly allowed into a super-secret vault and that this must obviously be some kind of ambush. Or some kind of trap. Or something super dangerous because something was definitely fishy here, and you weren’t going to go in without some safety measures in place. You dash through the darkness, the lights on either side of you not being of much help other than so you don’t accidentally run into the walls or into something. Soon, you reach the end of the corridor, and find that nothing bad has happened to you. No enemies popped out and tried to attack you, nothing came from the ceiling to try and impale you, you didn’t fall into a trap hole only to be eaten by a giant Ariados. As you look around you, you notice that the end of the corridor its quite brightly lit, numerous torches on the walls showing a weird sight.

    It’s a fountain, though nothing ornate or fancy, just a basin with a spout, the water pouring out of it at a rapid rate. In front of the basin is a plate attached to a stone beam, not much taller than a foot or two in height, and next to it are two stone jugs, one noticeably larger than the other. They don’t have anything special on them, except for one number. The one of the left, the larger one, has the number “5” embossed in it, while the one on the right, the smaller one, has the number “3” embossed in it. You stand there confused on what these jugs might mean, before your Anorith points to the fountain again. Above the spout, there is a plate with writing on it. You look closer to see what it says, careful to avoid touching the plate in front of you.

    “Welcome to your first puzzle. In this puzzle, you have been giving two jugs. One holds five units of water, the other holds three units of water. In this puzzle, you must fill the larger jug with exactly four units of water. Then, you must put it on the base. If it is exactly 4 units of water, one of the two doors will open up, but if it is not, another door will. Once one of the doors opens, the other one will not, so you must think carefully on how you want to do it. One path is easier than the other, but both will lead to the first challenge.”

    You notice that while this seems somewhat old...its seems like its not as old as everything else around it, which makes it seem like it was added in here recently. You look at the puzzle in front of you, trying to figure out how to do this and avoid the more difficult path.

    How will you solve the puzzle?


    Nothing. No trap, no ambush, no surprise, no dimension shifting portal where 1+1=3. Matthew couldn't pretend he wasn't a little disappointed, it was certainly what he expected, and that made his heart race but it was also a welcome change. The life of an adventurer in the Pokémon world is odd. No trip out is just that; it's filled with complications, evil corporates trying to take over the world, region-shattering consequences, enemies made at every turn and yet, that makes adventure. Even going to the shops could have a Pokémon jump out at you in the wild grass, it's one of the first things you're taught as a child by the Pokémon Professor if you ever attempt to move from town to town without a companion. As a trainer, you become to enjoy those aspects of adventure, an addiction of adrenaline like a drug you come to forecast on every excursion and it takes hold in its forever tightening grip; making you nervous and jumpy. Paranoia.

    This, by all means and descriptions, was a tomb of power. Guarded by an ancient Alakazam with mysterious strength and ability, but what would happen if it was attacked by a Dark type? Does the temple vanish into nothingness, never to be opened? Can an Onix smash through the protective stones, neigh the weak ample sides or roof? How far does one have to follow the path before crashing through to the end-zone, no puzzles or riddles necessary? Is there ancient magic which prevents that?!

    Perhaps that was just it; adventure was scary and frightening because of the human brain. It alone can think of abuses to such a predicament, the inventions we as a society create, our mistakes forming into completely separate beings; Mewtwo, Porygon, Genesect. It is our combined power, provided to us, 1 billion brain cells per person working in tandem to make our lives easier. We, the beings of “higher intelligence” go out of our way to harm others, entire criminal organizations dedicated to the rise of power and wealth like proverbial crabs in a bucket.

    Matthew looked at the puzzle before him, a mathematical puzzle he had heard as a tie-settler at the Fizzy Bubbles bar quiz night, solved then by smart people. He wasn't one of those types, his “scientist” background came from his father but he wasn't a real scientist. Not like those in the labs, or the field researchers like Alex Morgan or Codename Numbah 37. He was the guy the scientists brought in if they needed something gathering. Sure he had some level of intelligence, he could outsmart a grunt here or there or think of some pseudo-intellectual bullshit, but a true genius he was not.

    He remembered the puzzle well, however. He didn't know why, they had used it as the quiz finale once, they weren't going to do it again. He reasoned it could come up in a pub quiz in another location, but the odds of that seemed fairly unlikely. He picked up the jugs in order, tipping out water here and there as he attempted to find the solution and place it on the base.

    Fill 3 unit jug with water
    Pour 3 unit jug into 5 unit jug
    Refill 3 unit jug
    Pour 3 unit jug into 5 unit jug to the top (to get 1 unit left in 3 unit jug)
    Empty 5 unit jug
    Pour remainder of 3 unit jug into 5 unit jug
    Refill 3 unit jug
    Pour 3 unit jug into 5 unit jug


    OoC: Glad to have you back. Good luck in your quest for the Shiny Spray XD. P.S Die Hard with a Vengance for the win
    Last edited by Treepandaone; 16th February 2014 at 3:39 PM.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Outside of Hawaii (I wish...)
    Posts
    7,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Ceniza
    Granite Tunnel
    Rakurai


    Ooc: Blaze’s battle updates are confirmed to contain 50% more concentrated Blaze snark.


    After being able to get Flandre free, you feel better about having to face this Heatmor. You have the advantage in numbers, with both Kiba and Flandre on one side while the Heatmor is just by himself. The numbers are on your side...but this doesn’t mean that you will win this fight. It doesn’t mean that all of a sudden a rock is going to fall on your head either. But, you never know, things could go terribly wrong. Murphy’s Law and all, you know. Anyways, Kiba yips and barks at the wild Heatmor as her skin begins to spark and jolt with electricity, it building up quickly into a sort of crescendo that makes one think of a generator getting ready to explode. Kiba then barks loudly as the electricity quickly moves towards Heatmor, it being shaped in thin, small tendrils that quickly wrap around the Heatmor. It groans in pain and you notice that it is locking up his muscles nicely, the eyes in Heatmor’s head showing a lot of pain and hate in them as they pierce with malice. He just wants to get you back for that, back for the suffering he is feeling right now. Flandre begins to spin around in a sort of awkward dance, something that has to do with Dragons and the sacred connection between dragon and spirit. Something like that, I never really figured it out myself. Kiba looks pleased at this development, barking some words of encouragement towards Flandre as they go to strike a big blow against this Heatmor. Kiba begins to spin around and around in a circle, sending small electrical bolts into the air inside of his circle and using his fast running in order to shape, smooth, and increase the power of the ball. This is a somewhat weird attack but Heatmor looks very concerned about it, and the ball of electric energy reaches a crescendo, pulsing and sparking like made before Kiba fires it at Heatmor. The ball quickly moves along the ground, hitting the frozen Heatmor and causing him to fly backwards quite a few feet. It screams out in pain as the powerful attack slams into it, electricity pouring into his body and frying his circuits. He gets back up though, the attack beating out the remnants of his paralysis by means of more electricity. You cheer inside at the powerful attack working, and Flandre grins evilly at this. Heatmor isn’t pleased, however, and take a deep breath it, before blowing out a massive pillar of flames at Kiba, this attack being a powerful Flamethrower attack. Kiba yelps briefly before the flames wash over him, causing him to cry out and yell in pain as the attack burns his fur and threatens to sent on him fire, however he is able to get out of the flames before that happens. Flandre sees her partner fall in the flames, and then charges at Heatmor, covering her claws with Dragon energy. Or no wait, not her claws, but also her entire body with Dragon energy! She charges into Heatmor, causing it to his in pain as it is pushed backwards a bit, but Flandre isn’t able to topple it over. In fact, Heatmor just plants it feet into the ground and stops the advances of Flandre, before taking its sharp claws and raking them across Flandre’s chest, causing her to screech in pain and stumble backwards a bit. The noise rings across the cavern, and you think you hear something behind you. You turn around, and you see that something is rising up from the lava, something evil and sinister and more importantly evil. Or...its just another Heatmor. Yeah, that could work. The Heatmor climbs out of the lava and stares at you, hissing loudly as it approaches you. Flandre and Kiba see this, and look at each other briefly before setting themselves up on either side of you. Flandre takes the Heatmor you have been fighting while Kiba yips and growls at the other one.

    Kiba then begins to build up electricity in his body, several sparks shooting up and bouncing across the ground as he performs yet another electric move to shock and awe his opponents. Or, well, to just damage them. You never know. Anyways, three bolts of electricity jump from Kiba and completely frazzle the other Heatmor, causing it to hiss in pain and back up a little bit as it tries to shake off the dangerously powerful attack. Flandre at the same time charges at the other Heatmor with a fist raised, before stopping in front of him and giving a strong karate...punch? to the stomach, causing the other Heatmor to cry out in pain and stumble back a bit. Now both Heatmor are trained on you, and are looking to kill...or at least horribly maim you.

    What will you do?
    Though Kiba and Flandre were putting up a good fight, the arrival of a second Heatmor on the scene removed any relief Katsura had been able to draw from the fact. With the battle now taking place on both sides of him and thoughts of a second quake still pressing on his mind, he was feeling more stressed out then ever. Above anything else, he just wanted to get out of the cavern; something the Heatmor most definitely weren't going to give him an easy time with, at least not as long as they still stood.

    "This battle will definitely be easier to manage if I'm not surrounded like this...", he mused to himself after quickly glancing between Kiba and Flandre. The former wore a look of steely determination on his face, dead-set on keeping his trainer safe from harm. The latter, however, seemed more caught up in enjoying the battle; having the same cocky grin as before. Either way, neither of them looked ready to give up any time soon.

    After another brief moment of deliberation, he had made up his mind on what he wanted to do, and gave his orders. "Kiba. Give that Heatmor of yours a Thunder Wave. Flandre! Blow a Smokescreen onto your Heatmor. Let's regroup and get them on same side before we continue this. From there, both of you focus your attacks on the one we were fighting originally. Charge Beam and Thunderbolt Dragon Rage and Ancientpower!"

    As his Pokemon nodded in understanding, he took another quick look around the cavern, hoping to spot a way out. If he did, that would be the direction they'd head in. If not, then he'd just settle for the closest spot he could keep an eye on both Heatmor from...


    Profile

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Just let me say this, I’m incredibly glad that I’m back updating again. This hopefully is going to be a wild ride, and I think you will enjoy my updates now more than the ones in the past. So, allons-y!

    Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walkway
    Gemini Spark / Dark Searchman


    Revenant grows paler and paler(a thought you probably couldn’t have imagined just five minutes ago from looking at the guy) with the sudden realization that he is going to be eaten alive. He begins to shiver and shake, not to get free but just out of fear itself; it says something about a man when he suddenly deflates under pressure. Until you leave it up to the Larvesta what to do with him, and he looks at the Larvesta with a pleading look on his face. “Please, please I don’t even know if you can understand me, but I’m really, really sorry okay. Let’s just all be civil okay!?” You scoff at the mention of civil, considering his actions in which he destroyed the homes of innocent Pokemon and defaced a mountain. But, despite all of that, it seems that the Larvesta has seen in its heart the ability to forgive, and while looking at Sarkhan, motions its head to put Revenant down. Sarkhan looks at the Larvesta curiously, wondering what he could be thinking by letting him go, but the Larvesta merely nods his head again. Sarkhan grunts but releases his grip on Revenant, causing him to fall to the ground. He cries out in pain briefly as he hits the hard ground, but quickly turns around and begins thanking the Larvesta profusely. “OH thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! Thank you for sparing my life, I promise it won’t happen again! Please, just let me go.” The Larvesta looks at him for a moment, before hissing loudly.

    Revenant barely has any time to react before Larvesta sprays out a bunch of little flames at him from his horns, this attack being somewhat reminiscent of the embers one might find flying away from a campfire or something similar to that. This is far less benign though, as the embers hit Revenant and cause him to yelp and shriek in pain before Larvesta stops the attack. Revenant freezes, and stops moving as he sees that the Embers have lit his clothes on fire and that the fires were spreading rapidly. “Ahh ahh ahhh I’m on fire! I’m on fire!” He begins to quickly pat the fires with his hand, trying in a desperate effort to put them out and keep himself from getting burned. This isn’t very successful however, and the fires continue to spread quickly. He panicks and falls to the ground, before a face of realization forms and he begins to roll across the ground, trying to put out the fires that way. This...actually seems to work, his quick smothering into the dirt causing the flames to slowly die out, leaving a slightly charred but not burned Revenant standing with his clothes in tatters. “You...you won’t...ahh screw it what’s the point, I’m getting out of here!” Revenant then runs behind you, descending the mountainside in order to get as far away from you as possible.

    You smirk as you watch him run away, glad that you were able to stop him, even if it was by a weird freak accident that you did so. The Larvesta looks at you with sharp eyes, as if it was judging you right now. But he looks away, and goes to continue forward. It seems to you that he wants to keep going up the mountain, but you hear something faintly in the distance. It’s not too far away, but its sounds muffled, and you move quickly to find the source of the noise. The Larvesta looks slightly annoyed at this, but goes along with you. As you move away some of the tainted bush, you find a Clefable looking around, weeping slightly. It seems that the cries of this mother were what you heard, or maybe the muffled sobs of it. The mother seems not to notice you are there are first, but she soon does and panics. She backs away, when suddenly three Cleffa children pop out of nowhere to protect their mother. The sight is almost too heart-meltingly cute, but you notice that the mother is looking in the distance, towards a sharp outcropping. There is something there, you know it, but can you get this Clefable to trust you? Larvesta grunts briefly, seemingly annoyed with the situation, as if it wasn’t any of his problem.

    What will you do? Will you try and help the Clefable, or go up the mountain with Larvesta?
    {Yay, welcome back, Blaze! And also welcome back me after my year-long vacation from this place! Well, time to resume my adventure with a cool sun bug! }

    After a... pretty unexpected outcome, Hyrem had reduced Revenant into a pathetic lump of a guy that Sarkhan was now hanging by his feet, pleading for his life, though if the menacing Druddigon had his way... he'd be a pathetic lump of a projectile flying off the cliffside, thrown to whatever was hungry enough to snack on what little meat he was. Rather than leave it up to Sarkhan, however, Hyrem thought it was better to let the Larvesta make the call. “Please, please I don’t even know if you can understand me," Revenant blubbered, "but I’m really, really sorry okay. Let’s just all be civil okay!?”

    "Civil..." Hyrem's expression darkened, and he was tempted to throw the loser off the cliff himself after all the destruction to this mountain he caused, but Solaris seemed much more forgiving and nodded his head downwards. "Drudd..." Sarkhan grumbled, wondering if the Bug-type was absolutely sure about this. Well, he was sure alright, he nodded once again, and Sarkhan snorted before quickly releasing Revenant's legs and watching him fall and crumple to the ground. “OH thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! Thank you for sparing my life, I promise it won’t happen again! Please, just let me go.” The slightest motion from the vandal, and-

    "Vessssstaaaaaa!!" he hissed before his horns spurted out blazing Embers that repeatedly singe Revenant's body and clothes until they both caught on fire. “AHH AHH AHHH I'M ON FIRE! I'M ON FIRE!" Patting himself down didn't stop the flames from spreading, but as he tumbled to the ground and started rolling around he was finally able to put out the flames, though not without his clothes suffering lots of damage to them. “You...you won’t...ahh screw it what’s the point, I’m getting out of here!” he says before making a mad dash from the scene, and it didn't look like he was going to be back at all. Hyrem had been snickering at the guy's fate, though the look in Larvesta's eyes let the kid know he enjoyed it a little too much for his liking. Solaris then crawled forward, nodding his head further up the mountain and wanting Hyrem to follow him. "Yeah, I'm comin- wait, what's that?"

    At that moment, Hyrem heard something come from fairly close by, though the sound wasn't too clear. He decided to investigate with the Larvesta begrudgingly following. But when Hyrem moved away the foliage ruined by a certain "artist", his eyes lit up. It was a Clefable, a Pokemon he was well familiar with seeing as another specimen was one of his father's stronger Pokemon on his team, especially whenever he hit with Meteor Mash or Solarbeam. This one looked like a mother as she backed off when she got spooked at his presence but didn't run away. That, and three spunky little Cleffa showed up to defend their mom. "Aw, so cute!" he said as he registered the mother in his Pokedex:

    Clefable, the Fairy Pokemon, and the final evolution of Cleffa. Between their shy temperaments and their good sense of hearing, they are almost never sighted as they flee whenever anything is sensed close by. They can use their wings to skip around and even tiptoe on a lake's surface. They are found in quiet places, drawn out by the full moon to dance.

    As he looked up, he saw the Clefable look toward something far away. There had to be something there she was interested in, but what was it? And was she willing to let him escort her and her kids there? Clefable were known to be very flighty and run away from whatever tried to approach them, and this particular one looked much more so because of what happened to their home. The three reasons she hadn't bolted by now were all looking at him trying to put on brave faces, though there was a Druddigon close by... Solaris wasn't showing interest in Clefable in the slightest, he wanted to just leave them and take down the other vandals out here, but Hyrem 1) couldn't resist the cuteness and 2) had sympathy for these Pokemon whose home was now ruined. Maybe Clefable was looking towards a possible new area to nest but wasn't sure how to get her babies there without putting them in danger?

    Hyrem slowly put his hand up to signal Sarkhan to back off--which he did as instructed--then set his hand down on the ground with an open palm. "Shhh, it's okay, I won't hurt you," he whispered to the fairies. "I just want to help... did you want to go over there, is there something there you want, huh?" He pointed to the outcropping Clefable was looking at before, then waited for Clefable and the Cleffa to respond... he hoped they wouldn't run away from the scary human, but he kept in mind that it was unfortunately likely to happen.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Team Rocket HQ
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post

    Mt. Infernus
    The Rock Pool
    CyberBlastoise


    In a strong, confident voice, you tell whoever has been watching you and judging you that you wish to use the Pearl that you were given. An echo rings out after you say it, odd since you are supposed to be in a jungle and jungles are not well known for being able to carry sound very effectively. You notice no life around you...anywhere. What is wrong with this jungle? It’s devoid of life as far as you can tell, with not a sound around you, not a bird chirping or any shaking in the bushes, and sounds carries like you were in a cave. Wait, something IS wrong! The world around you looks hazy and distorted, like you were looking at it through a pane of translucent glass with ripples in it. Shelly hisses and prepares herself for an ambusher, but all that happens is that the signpost that was in front of you disappears, and all that is left there is a hole. You look inside and see nothing but a pitch black murkiness, and what looks to be part of a ladder. You look cautiously around you, seeing if there is any way out of this, but now you can barely see anything around you. It’s become a blank, stark, white wall around you, and now there seems to be no other way except to go down. You gulp, and cautiously begin to descend the wooden ladder.

    Your fears do not go away however, as you continue to descend into the murkiness with no light to guide you down. You tenderly make sure where each rung of the ladder is, though you notice that this ladder hasn’t seemed to age much. The rungs are always in place and sturdy, and you guess that’s also because of the unique nature of this place, which you haven’t been able to put a finger what exactly was up with this place since you got here. Shelly is able to see in the dark, thankfully, and she hasn’t shown any signs of anything being out of place or dangerous since you have been climbing down here. Not that she isn’t alert...its just been a normal tunnel that seems to go on and on. You look down and find that there is no light...how much deeper does this place go anyhow? You continue climbing down till it almost feels like your arms and legs might just fall off from the exertion, before Shelly releases a cry of relief. You aren’t exactly sure what she sees, but as you climb down a bit more you can see a faint light further down. You hope that it isn’t just another torch on the wall, but it seems that if Shelly is relieved than it should be the bottom. You climb down with more fervor than before, and finally you can see what the light was illuminating in its fullest, the bottom of the tunnel! You climb down with more haste that you have before, and you finally reach the bottom of the tunnel. The ground is hard under your feet, and Shelley looks ahead along with you. There is a wooden door blocking the path, and you grasp the handle, opening it gingerly.

    In front of you, there is a man sitting in the middle of a chamber lit by many torches. He is wearing what looks to be something almost like a cowboy hat on his head, and he is dressed in what looks to be...cowboy clothing? You aren’t exactly sure what to call it, but that’s the moniker that fits. Behind him is another door with a window, though you can’t see from this distance what that window could be showing. Around him is ten pillars that reach up halfway to the ceiling, each one with a stone jar on the top of it.

    “Hmmm, I didn’t expect that you would just go in with the pearl given to you. Maybe I’m getting a bit rusty in my examinations of people?” He stands up, and you can see eyes of gray looking at you with sharp intensity. “Anyhow, don’t expect a fancy introduction. This is your first trial. I want to test how good your luck is. In one of these jars is the golden Snorlax. If you find it, you can move on. If you can’t, you might find something else instead. 4 of these jars have dangerous Pokemon in them, and if you find all 4 of them, you fail this challenge. The odds are in your favor...no?” He goes to the door, opens it, and before going through it, says, “Oh, and don’t dilly-dally about it. The volcano may be extinct, but it still gets hot in here.”

    What jar will you break?

    As Bill called out his challenge to the skies around him, he was ready to listen out for someone to call to him, but all he heard was his very clear echo...in fact, it was almost too clear. The something stranger he noticed, there was no other sound at all barring his own breathing and Shelly's occasional movement. Suddenly, the jungle started to look all hazy and distorted. Both Bill and Shelly were very wary of their surroundings. Was this a test in and of itself? Some form of temptation of being warped straight to the destination? That didn't sound like a standard test, but hey there were weirder things. Soon though, the distortion stopped, revealing a hole in the ground where the sign used to be. Shelly quickly ran to the hole, readying her scythes. She looked downward and gave a confused yet angry look. Bill followed suit to see that there was nothing down the hole but a stone wall and a fragile wooden ladder.

    "Hmmm...It seems like they heard our call, I guess that means we're heading down," Bill stated. The hole itself was pretty wide, considering, which means that one slip up and he could end up in an early grave. The second problem is that this hole has no means of light it seems, so he'd be climbing down blinded. However, after some deliberating, the trainer decided to go on ahead and climb down the ladder. He pulled out Shelly's Pokeball to recall her, as a ladder made of wood would not be very helpful with her scythes, however, before he could return her back into the Pokeball, she jumped onto the wall opposite of the ladder and started to scale downward, using her arms and legs as hooks into the wall until she disappeared into the inky blackness. Carefully, Bill reached the ladder and followed her down into the opening in the ground.

    Slowly, Bill made his descent. Luckily, Shelly has the advantage of being able to see in the dark, so if there were anything amiss, she would alert him first. Either by calling out her cry, or jumping down to slice things up, normally the latter happens. As time goes on, Bill wondered just how far down this tunnel would lead. His arms and legs just felt tired from all the climbing downward. He suddenly thought that maybe trying to find that purple pearl would have been a much better idea. That was until he noticed hope in the form of light. This might mean that the bottom is drawing near. Feeling his second wind, he climbed down at a faster pace than ever before. When he reached the bottom, he and Shelly noticed the only item in the cave that could be seen, a wooden door. Bill grasped the handle was was pleading, "Please oh please, do not be locked." He twisted his wrist to find that the door indeed was not locked.

    On the other side was a medium-sized room, fairly empty with a couple of exceptions In the center of the room was a man in some form of cowboy uniform. Odd, considering the environment, but it's still a change up from the usual long flowing robes that Bill was used to seeing, and on the wall opposite of the man was a window viewing into another room decorated with pillars. Before Bill could speak, the man stands up and says, “Hmmm, I didn’t expect that you would just go in with the pearl given to you. Maybe I’m getting a bit rusty in my examinations of people?” So this was the man that was keeping an eye on Bill in the jungle, good to know. What kind of man would he be, Bill wondered. “Anyhow, don’t expect a fancy introduction. This is your first trial. I want to test how good your luck is. In one of these jars is the golden Snorlax. If you find it, you can move on. If you can’t, you might find something else instead. 4 of these jars have dangerous Pokemon in them, and if you find all 4 of them, you fail this challenge. The odds are in your favor...no?”

    Oh dear, a test of luck. Considering his recent endeavors, Bill wondered if this would be the place where he'd fail. He peered behind him to that ladder, that long climb...no. Not this time, he'd not give up after that. The stranger opens the door and says, “Oh, and don’t dilly-dally about it. The volcano may be extinct, but it still gets hot in here.”

    Bill nodded his head before heading in. And the stranger wasn't kidding. Already upon entering the room, he could feel the heat from the volcano. And knowing these types of trials the subsequent rooms will be getting hotter still. Shelly on the other hand didn't seem to be bothered by the heat. Her rock hard exoskeleton must let her be able to withstand strong temperatures. Something that Bill figured but never actually tested himself. Okay, so picking a jar. Bill looked at the ten pillars in front of him and picked the third from the left of the main entrance. "I guess this one's as good as any to start with." Before he pushed it, he looked at Shelly and said, "If a Pokemon pops out and it's hostile, which it probably will be, use Confuse Ray followed by Slash." Shelly nodded readying her scythes.

    Bill turned back to the jar, it was overhead so as to prevent cheating. But it was low enough for him to reach, but not grab it. With one motion, he pushed the jar to hit the ground.

    Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner


    3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    In an interesting turn of events, it seems I generally have to have something in the background to distract me while I’m doing updates in order to do them in a relatively quick fashion. I guess I work better when I multi-task? :/

    Mt. Ceniza
    Granite Tunnel
    Missingno Master


    With Lily pinned under the mighty weight of the Gabite, you were beginning to panic about how you were going to get out of this situation. You note to yourself how much harder this battle was than other battles you had in the past, and that’s when the realization hits you. If you were going to keep Lily safe, she was going to have to get harder in order for her to better bear the Gabite’s weight. You shout out the orders to Lily, who isn’t exactly sure why you aren’t ordering her to get him off, but she knows that in her position any sort of advantage she can get will inevitably help her out. She begins to glow a bright whitish color, becoming tenser as her exoskeleton begins to become loaded with chitin and harden significantly, even her wings become somewhat harder! Gabite growls at this as he notices that he is being raised off the ground slightly, while Clyde looks on anxiously. Gabite then finds that a hardened Venomoth is a lot firmer and so its round body comes more into play here, and he falls right off as Lily shoots out from underneath him. You cheer audibly, causing an echo in the cave, while Lily begins to fly in the air again, though with her somewhat hardened wings it slightly more difficult to do so. Gabite hisses loudly before he leaps at Lily with a claw full of dragon energy, glowing a bright light blue color before he goes after Lily’s injured wing, hoping to score another blow on it and injure it more, even though the excess chitin gave it a superficial repair. Lily is able to dodge the attack slightly however, the calw raking across her abdomen instead, leaving no lasting scars thanks to the buff she gave herself earlier. She flits away from the rampaging Gabite, trying to keep some distance between herself and the aggressor.

    As she does this, her body begins to glow a bright green color, before suddenly several tendrils of energy launch out of her and wrap around the Gabite. The Gabite roars in frustration and pain as he feels the life being sapped out of him, the energy and health being stolen from him, and given to Lily instead. Lily appears to be getting a little bit fresher and more lively from the attack, while the Gabite appears to be getting worn down and worn out by the attack, leaving him with less fight in him than before. He looks at Lily and the look on his face shows that he is debating taking this fight any further than it currently is, but he continues on anyways, full in mind and spirit. Well okay sort of full in mind and spirit anyways, but this time, he tries out a different tactic than before. He takes in a deep breath, using the oxygen in the air to stoke the fires in his belly, and then take a breath out, the fires in his belly coming out and making a large blue fireball in his mouth. He then fires this massive fireball at Lily, who while able to somewhat divert the trajectory of the previous attack can’t really do jack **** about this one, the ball of fire hitting directly home and causing a screeching noise to be heard. It seems that attack really hurt Lily, for one reason or another, probably because its made of fire. Fire is bad kids, don’t mess around with fire. Lily recovers somewhat quickly, however you notice that she is getting somewhat beaten down by the constant attacks, and you worry if she will be able to continue going much longer. However, as if to prove her worth, she spits out a green liquid at her foe, the liquid drenching over him and it causes him to shake his head a little bit, as the liquid doesn’t act immediately and all it appears to do is make him look really green. But then, the liquid begins to glow brightly, and the Gabite roars in pain as the attack begins to work on the toxins that are already in his body and the Gabite roars out as the attack saps away his life, leaving him in tatters it seems. For as bad as Lily looks, Gabite looks to be somewhat worse, and then he droops over. It seems that where the Venoshock failed, the natural toxins are kicking in, and he sloops over, falling down onto the ground. You hesitate to get closer to it, but you can see in its eyes it simply can’t continue on battling, and you cheer silently knowing that you saved yourself and Lily from a perhaps gruesome end.

    Gabite is unable to battle, fainting due to poison! That means that Lily is the victor! Lily gains one level from this battle!

    Clyde walks up to you and hands you a Potion, with a small smile on his face. “Wow, I’m pretty impressed that you were able to take out such a high-level Pokemon. From the looks of it too, it seems like he was getting close to evolving. If he had evolved into a Garchomp, I don’t think either of us would have gotten out of here without being shark bait.” He laughs weakly at his joke, but he quickly stops. “Alright, I know we have to find that Houndour, but I think that we should consider seeing where this tunnel leads off to and see if its a way out. I mean,” Clyde looks behind him to see a bunch of rubble, “It’s very unlikely we will be able to get out that way, with as much rubble as there likely is.” You agree with him, and begin to walk down the tunnel, looking behind to see if the Gabite was okay, but he was gone. He likely just crawled back into his hole in order to wait out the poison. You thank whatever there is out there that the Gabite wasn’t seriously harmed before continuing on. The tunnel still is somewhat murky, but you can see something up ahead. It seems like...a torch? You run up to it, and find yourself at one of “these” things again. Another fork in the road. And without a pie to go with it! One path seems to be luminescent, but its odd-looking at the same time. The other end is still as murky dark as the rest of the tunnel.

    Which path will you take?

    The Island
    Shale Beach
    PeeGee


    You really don’t know what to do in this situation, having been commandeered anyways to do this job and you weren’t even given a job description(and its likely you never will.) But you guess that if you were to go up politely to the other group and ask them to leave in a polite manner, they would politely agree and leave with all manner of politeness. Or, at least, that’s exactly what you hoped would happen. You figured it likely wouldn’t, and so you had a plan for if things got violent and you needed to fight your way out. Taking a deep breath, and gathering your resolve to go forward, you begin to approach the group. You don’t exactly know who to talk to, since there doesn’t seem to be exactly one person in charge, so you just decide to approach the closest person that you can find. He seems to be digging in some sort of ditch, but you can still see his face and upper body. He didn’t seem to have a much bigger build than you, though it seems like the digging has given his body some sort of benefit. You cautiously go up to him and he looks up. “Hey what can I…” He had a smile on his face, but that quickly went away. “God damn it. One of you idiots. One second, I know you want to speak to my superior.” The man walks away almost in annoyance, as if this wasn’t the first time he had met the organization you were now allied with, and you wait in place for a bit, fidgeting in place as you wait to probably be yelled at. But the guy that comes towards you doesn’t look like a violent or angry guy, but rather looks like just an ordinary guy. You notice their clothing is far more casual than your own uniform, something similar like what you would see in an archeology documentary. The guy was black, but he had a soft face and didn’t seem like a bad person.

    “You don’t even need to speak kid, I already know what you are going to say, cause I’ve heard it about five times already. No, just because you are a profit organization does not give you the right to go into already discovered digs. It allows you to have claim to anywhere else before non-profits, true, but at an already established dig you cannot take over operations. Now, we don’t want to have any trouble with you, and we don’t mind if you do find something, that’s good for you. Allow us to do what we came here to do, and we will do the same to you.” The man leave it at that, and you don’t even know how to respond to that. He took every tool you might have had to counter argue and completely disarmed them. You just stare blankly at him, before he sighs and looks at you. “Oh god damn you must be new. I know how they ‘recruit’ people into their organization. They pull random trainers off the street and force them to work for them. I understand. I think I can help too. Tonight, I have a convoy coming in to take some of the artifacts we found at the dig in order to send them to a museum farther inland. If you want, we can take you in that convoy and send you farther inland.”

    How will you respond?

    Mt. Infernus
    The Rock Pool
    Treepadaone


    You may not have been exactly what one would call an “intellectual” in the Pokemon world, as you can easily count off a couple of names of people who were in a league of their own, an almost untouchable one by the eyes of many. But as you stare down this puzzle, the answer seems so obvious for you. You remember why, you had seen this kind of puzzle at a pub quiz before and remembered it pretty well, though you seem to remember it having to do with beer instead of water, but you carefully go about solving the puzzle. Taking the jug with the number “3” engraved on it, you carefully put it under the spout of the fountain, allowing the water in the fountain to fill up the jug with water until it reaches the very top. You put the jug down carefully, trying to remember what the next step was. It slowly comes back to you how this was supposed to go, and you pick back up the jug that you had filled up previously, taking the jug with the number “5” engraved on it and putting it on the ground, pouring the water in the smaller jug into the bigger one, doing it slowly to make sure that none of it spills out onto the floor, knowing that even if it is just a little bit off you will not be able to fix that. But, you manage to fill the larger jug with the water from the smaller jug without any problems. Then, you take the smaller jug back to the fountain, putting it under the spout again and filling up the job until its full. You place it on the ground, panting and recovering after carrying these heavy jugs of water. But, you quickly get back into the puzzle, taking the smaller jug and pouring the water into the larger jug as much as you can, until the larger jug is completely full of water. Looking in the smaller jug, you notice that there is about a third of the water left, which is exactly according to plan. You smile a bit that things were going so well, before you look at the larger jug and wonder just how in the world you were going to pick that up and dump it out. You try picking it up but its simply too heavy to hold, before you decide to carefully tip it over. You lean it over on an edge, causing some of the water to spill out on the floor, making the jug somewhat lighter and easier to drain out. You tip out about half of the water before you think its light enough for you to carry comfortably, and you pour out the rest of the water normally. You pant a bit before taking the smaller jug and pouring the water that was left inside of it into the bigger jug. Your Anorith looks on, not exactly sure what the hell you are doing but just watches on, knowing that his trainer knows what is best. You then take the smaller jug and put it under the spout once again, letting the water fall into the jug and fill it up. You kinda wince at the sound of it now, the BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP still ringing in your ears, and you wonder if the true trial here is going to be your sanity, but soon the water is filled. You go to pour it into the larger jug when you realize you might not be able to pick it up well after it filled up...but its not like you can stick it on the pedestal. So, you pour the water in, and grab the jug, lifting it up with all of your might. You get it a good few feet off the ground and walk it over to the pedestal, placing it on there. You wait a bit, as it seems nothing happens, before a door opens to your left, leading into another room. It’s well-lit and doesn’t seem to have any traps in it, so you walk in.

    Infact, the room seems barren and empty, except for one wall. This wall has three gems inside of it, each gem of a different color. This first one of these gems is a bright, silver color, something like a polished piece of metal. The second one is a bright, dark brown, as weird as that seems and seems like a piece of polished rock. The third one is a brilliant sapphire color, and ripples like the water. You look around for something that might seem like instructions, and as the door closes behind you, a plaque also appears. “This trial is one where you must be able to infer and inference on information given to you. The three gems represent three types of attacks that a certain Fossil Pokemon is weak to. If you attack the corresponding gem with the attack, it will glow and the door to the first Challenge will open.”

    What will you do?

    Mt. Ceniza
    Granite Tunnel
    Rakurai


    The two Heatmor definitely seem to be closing in on you, looking for a tasty meal, or just for some general revenge, over the beatdown you have been giving them lately. You look around for an escape route, but sadly, there doesn’t seem to be on, at least not on you can see anyways. You are stuck here, between the two Heatmor and they are not going to let you go. But, an idea forms in your head. They shouldn’t be as hard to deal with if you regrouped and somehow got them on the same side, because with you pinned in this “pincer attack” you had to split up Kiba and Flandre. If they were on the same team, however, you could easily defeat one of the Heatmor without issue. You tell out your orders, and both Kiba and Flandre give the signal that they understood. Kiba is the first one to begin, and electricity crackles in his body as he gives a defiant stare-down to the Heatmor in front of him. The Heatmor simply grunts and shrugs it off, before creating a small ball of fire in his mouth, ready to fire it pretty quickly. Both attacks launch off at the same time, but the fire attack is quicker, the burst of fire exploding and Kiba yelling out in pain as he is thrown back a couple feet, his attack then dissipating from the interruption. Flandre then looks at her foe, before spewing out a noxious black smoke screen, which covers over the Heatmor and blocks its sense of sight, while also causing it to cough and groan in pain. He tries to sniff out Flandre with his odor sleuthing abilities, but the smoke keeps getting up his nose and causes him to choke a little bit, so he quits trying to do that, and instead focuses on trying to barrel through the smoke to greet his foe. He charges into the smoke, holding his breath until he goes through it, Flandre crying out as a Heatmor rips through the smoke and crashes into Flandre, doing what seems to be just a bum-rush tackle. Flandre is knocked back a bit, but Heatmor didn’t exactly like crashing into Flandre like that either. The other Heatmor grins as it creates another ball of fire in his mouth, before firing at Kiba, another explosion sending the Elecktrike crashing into your back, causing you to fall over. The two Heatmor grin sadistically as they close in, ready to pounce. Kiba gets off your back and barks loudly at them, while Flandre tries to look as threatening as possible in order to scare them off, but nothing is working. Finally, your Pokemon decide that they are still going to need to fight them off, and prepare their attacks. Kiba crackles with electricity again, and it seems like its a lot of electricity as well, before firing off a small beam of electricity at the Heatmor closest to it, causing it to groan in pain and hiss a little bit as the electricity flows through his body. Kiba begins to yip loudly as a sudden burst of energy flows through him; it seems that the boost came through for him and now his special attacks will have a little bit more kick than before. Flandre creates a ball of green fire in her mouth before spitting it out at the other Heatmor, who tries to avoid it and does to an extent, the ball of fire only grazing his side, though its enough to push him onto the ground.

    The two Heatmor looks pissed at this development, as they were kinda hoping to break your spirits, so they continue on with the beatdown. the Heatmor nearest to Kina creates another ball of fire in his mouth, before firing it at Kiba. Kina tries to get out of the way, but he can’t as he is starting to feel the wear and tear of his energy use, and he is launched back a bit by the burst of flames, though this time he holds his ground better. The other Heatmor charges at flandre and gives her a nice slash across the chest, and this time it stuck, and three cuts appear on Flandre’s chest, showing that now these attacks are getting through her skin. Kiba keeps focused on his own Heatmor, and creates a massive jolt of energy inside of his body, which manifests as crackling electricity that sparks all over the floor. Then, all of a sudden, three bolts of electricity fire from Kiba simultaneously and arc over to the Heatmor, who simply doesn’t have the reaction time to avoid such a fast attack, and he cries out in pain as his muscles are fried by the attack. The electricity doesn’t linger however, and now he looks incensed. Running forward, he jumps into the air and lands on top of Kiba. Given that he’s far taller and about 4 times has heavy, its safe to say that more than just the air was knocked out of him and he cries out in pain as the Heatmor levies his weight on top of him. Flandre turns back, but not before the Heatmor rushes at her as well, gripping her in his arms and binding her real tight, making sure to keep her head away from his body. Your two Pokemon seem to be in a difficult situation, a really, really difficult situation!

    What will you do!?

    Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walkway
    Gemini Spark


    As you try to communicate with the Clefable and her baby Cleffa, the Clefable simply looks at you in fear while the baby Cleffa simply stare at you indignantly. You seems to have no way to communicate with them, before Solaris looks at them and approaches them. The Clefable seems to regard him with a somewhat less terrified expression as she did to you, and Larvesta begins to speak to them in his native tongue. The Cleffa are the first ones to get the message and they back down, looking at you now with only polite wariness, but the Clefable needs more convincing and the Larvesta continues talking to her. You aren’t sure exactly what she is saying, but you can see her slightly nod a couple of times, before looking at you and nodding her head. The Cleffa then look at you with bright happy faces and begin to try and climb up your leg, something that Sarkhan doesn’t exactly get and maybe doesn’t approve of but he remains silent on the matter, not wanting to scare the little ones. The Clefable proceeds to walk over to the edge of the cliff, and points down. You look over and you see nothing but forest. You look back at her to make sure that’s the direction you have to look in, and she nods. You look over again, and this time pay more attention to the cliffside, where you see a small overhang in the cliff. You can’t see anything on it, but its likely that there might be a cave there for you to go look at it. You look back at the Clefable and make out the overhang with your hands, hoping that she gets the message. She nods and begins to cry profusely. You look at Sarkhan to see if he gets what is going on, but he seems as clueless as you do, but the Cleffa are more than willing to yap in your ear about it...I don’t think they quite know you can’t understand a word that they are saying. But one of them makes a motion to itself, and then swings it arms towards the cliffside, and you think you finally understand what they are saying.

    You ask the Clefable whether or not one of her kids fell down the cliff, and she looks at you puzzledly before the Larvesta pipes in and...translates? Wow that’s one smart Larvesta. The Clefable nods enthusiastically and points down there, and you peer over again, almost as a formality, but you still don’t see a Cleffa on that overhang, and there doesn’t seem to be anywhere else where a Cleffa could possibly be. You decide to yell out for her, hoping that will get your attention, and you yell out loudly in hopes that the Cleffa will hear it. At first nothing happens, but then suddenly you see a bright light shine from...behind...the overhang. You immediately conclude there is a cave there, but something else catches your eye. The light is pink...something you have never, ever seen before. Then, all of a sudden, a ball of pink energy shoots out of the cave and moves in an arc towards you, and before you can even think, the ball of energy slams into you and explodes, causing you to fly backwards quite a few feet and land on the ground roughly, causing you to wince in pain as you get up. You feel the backs of your thighs and notice that they are very tender, and starting to bleed, and you audibly curse as you walk back over to the cliff. It’s clear that the young Cleffa is frightened out of her mind, and as you think about it...what in the world WAS that attack? You had never heard of a pink orb attack before (nopenopenopenope secret power doesn't count), and this certainly didn’t FEEL like any attack you had ever taken. It felt...very different, and you couldn’t quite put a finger on what in the world it could be. But now you know where the Cleffa was, and now you had to decide how to get her back to her parent...and probably get some kind of medical attention afterwards.

    What will you do?

    Mt. Infernus
    The Rock Pool
    CyberBlastoise


    (Due to the nature of this challenge, updates may be somewhat shorter than usual)

    Gathering your determination, you reach up to the jar that is third from the left. You notice how its height is enough to keep you from cheating somehow, you aren’t exactly sure how though. But you can still reach the jar, and with a quick nod to Shelley, you resolve yourself and push the jar over. The jar slowly moves off of the pillar, but it zooms to the floor once it does and crashes onto it. A brief poof of dust clouds your vision for a second, as it seems that the jar hadn’t been touched for ages, but you brush it away as you go to examine the rubble. As you look closer, you see a bunch of pottery shards...but nothing else. You look around to make sure that you didn’t miss the Golden Snorlax anywhere, but it seems its nowhere to be found. Which means that you hit one of the empty jars instead of smashing something else. Part of you seems relieved at this, but another part seems to be irritated. Each empty jar increases the chance of hitting a more dangerous jar far higher than it did getting the golden Snorlax.

    "Heh, seems like you are Super Duper Good Luck or Bad Luck. I'm kinda disappointed, I was really rooting for you to get it on your first try. Would have surprised me, no one has been able to do that in all of my days watching over this challenge. Then again, no one has ever gotten to the Rock Pool since I took over from the last guy here, so take that with a grain of salt. Nine are left buddy body, get to it." As he says that, you notice that the room got a little hotter. So that's what he meant.

    Which jar will you break?

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,212

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    In an interesting turn of events, it seems I generally have to have something in the background to distract me while I’m doing updates in order to do them in a relatively quick fashion. I guess I work better when I multi-task? :/

    Mt. Ceniza
    Granite Tunnel
    Missingno Master


    With Lily pinned under the mighty weight of the Gabite, you were beginning to panic about how you were going to get out of this situation. You note to yourself how much harder this battle was than other battles you had in the past, and that’s when the realization hits you. If you were going to keep Lily safe, she was going to have to get harder in order for her to better bear the Gabite’s weight. You shout out the orders to Lily, who isn’t exactly sure why you aren’t ordering her to get him off, but she knows that in her position any sort of advantage she can get will inevitably help her out. She begins to glow a bright whitish color, becoming tenser as her exoskeleton begins to become loaded with chitin and harden significantly, even her wings become somewhat harder! Gabite growls at this as he notices that he is being raised off the ground slightly, while Clyde looks on anxiously. Gabite then finds that a hardened Venomoth is a lot firmer and so its round body comes more into play here, and he falls right off as Lily shoots out from underneath him. You cheer audibly, causing an echo in the cave, while Lily begins to fly in the air again, though with her somewhat hardened wings it slightly more difficult to do so. Gabite hisses loudly before he leaps at Lily with a claw full of dragon energy, glowing a bright light blue color before he goes after Lily’s injured wing, hoping to score another blow on it and injure it more, even though the excess chitin gave it a superficial repair. Lily is able to dodge the attack slightly however, the calw raking across her abdomen instead, leaving no lasting scars thanks to the buff she gave herself earlier. She flits away from the rampaging Gabite, trying to keep some distance between herself and the aggressor.

    As she does this, her body begins to glow a bright green color, before suddenly several tendrils of energy launch out of her and wrap around the Gabite. The Gabite roars in frustration and pain as he feels the life being sapped out of him, the energy and health being stolen from him, and given to Lily instead. Lily appears to be getting a little bit fresher and more lively from the attack, while the Gabite appears to be getting worn down and worn out by the attack, leaving him with less fight in him than before. He looks at Lily and the look on his face shows that he is debating taking this fight any further than it currently is, but he continues on anyways, full in mind and spirit. Well okay sort of full in mind and spirit anyways, but this time, he tries out a different tactic than before. He takes in a deep breath, using the oxygen in the air to stoke the fires in his belly, and then take a breath out, the fires in his belly coming out and making a large blue fireball in his mouth. He then fires this massive fireball at Lily, who while able to somewhat divert the trajectory of the previous attack can’t really do jack **** about this one, the ball of fire hitting directly home and causing a screeching noise to be heard. It seems that attack really hurt Lily, for one reason or another, probably because its made of fire. Fire is bad kids, don’t mess around with fire. Lily recovers somewhat quickly, however you notice that she is getting somewhat beaten down by the constant attacks, and you worry if she will be able to continue going much longer. However, as if to prove her worth, she spits out a green liquid at her foe, the liquid drenching over him and it causes him to shake his head a little bit, as the liquid doesn’t act immediately and all it appears to do is make him look really green. But then, the liquid begins to glow brightly, and the Gabite roars in pain as the attack begins to work on the toxins that are already in his body and the Gabite roars out as the attack saps away his life, leaving him in tatters it seems. For as bad as Lily looks, Gabite looks to be somewhat worse, and then he droops over. It seems that where the Venoshock failed, the natural toxins are kicking in, and he sloops over, falling down onto the ground. You hesitate to get closer to it, but you can see in its eyes it simply can’t continue on battling, and you cheer silently knowing that you saved yourself and Lily from a perhaps gruesome end.

    Gabite is unable to battle, fainting due to poison! That means that Lily is the victor! Lily gains one level from this battle!

    Clyde walks up to you and hands you a Potion, with a small smile on his face. “Wow, I’m pretty impressed that you were able to take out such a high-level Pokemon. From the looks of it too, it seems like he was getting close to evolving. If he had evolved into a Garchomp, I don’t think either of us would have gotten out of here without being shark bait.” He laughs weakly at his joke, but he quickly stops. “Alright, I know we have to find that Houndour, but I think that we should consider seeing where this tunnel leads off to and see if its a way out. I mean,” Clyde looks behind him to see a bunch of rubble, “It’s very unlikely we will be able to get out that way, with as much rubble as there likely is.” You agree with him, and begin to walk down the tunnel, looking behind to see if the Gabite was okay, but he was gone. He likely just crawled back into his hole in order to wait out the poison. You thank whatever there is out there that the Gabite wasn’t seriously harmed before continuing on. The tunnel still is somewhat murky, but you can see something up ahead. It seems like...a torch? You run up to it, and find yourself at one of “these” things again. Another fork in the road. And without a pie to go with it! One path seems to be luminescent, but its odd-looking at the same time. The other end is still as murky dark as the rest of the tunnel.

    Which path will you take?
    Keith looked on anxiously as he gave his orders. First was Lily's Harden attack- and just as Keith had hoped, already the weight issue seemed to become much less of a problem. Keith could even see Gabite's body rising slightly up off the ground as the Venomoth's body became harder. Even better, Lily's somewhat rounded body suddenly became a major factor in the battle- now that she had used Harden, Gabite couldn't stay atop her anymore, and as it fell off, the Venomoth came shooting out from underneath him. "Yes!" Keith exclaimed, the cheer echoing in the cave, but the battle wasn't over just yet! Gabite now leapt at Lily, going in for a Dragon Claw. Lily attempted to dodge this, but could not do so completely, the move swiping her abdomen. Fortunately, the Harden protected her from any major, lasting damage.

    Then, Lily's body started glowing a bright green. Then, several tendrils of energy of the same color shot out of her body and wrapped around Gabite, who roared his displeasure. Keith grinned as the Giga Drain attack took its toll on the Cave Pokémon. Once the attack was over, Gabite was starting to look as though he was having second thoughts about continuing this battle, but if he was having such second thoughts, he evidently decided against going with them, for he unleashed a huge blue fireball from his mouth at Lily, a move Keith was certain had to be Dragon Rage. Lily attempted to dodge this one, but failed miserably, screeching in pain from the powerful move. Huh, maybe it was a Fire move after all? Well, no time for that- Keith had to act fast, because the battle was really wearing Lily out! Worried as Keith was about Lily's health, he couldn't help but smile at her determined expression as she spewed out a Venoshock, coating Gabite in a vile-looking green liquid. For a moment, it seemed to do nothing, but then the liquid started glowing brightly, causing Gabite to roar in agony. Keith grinned uncontrollably now, for he knew that Venoshock was reacting to the poison, causing extra damage to Gabite as a result. And then, shortly afterwards, the Dragon/Ground-type slumped to the ground. Cautiously, Keith inched closer to the Gabite and looked at it- the look in its eyes said it all, Gabite was no longer able to battle!

    Clyde approached Keith, handing him a Potion, which Keith immediately started to spray on his Venomoth's wounds. Though he was keeping quiet so as to not rouse Gabite, the look on his face said it all to Lily, how proud he was of her. Clyde was impressed by their battling, too, and informed Keith of this. "Thanks," grinned Keith. "Lily, that was awesome," he added, turning to address his Venomoth.

    "Venomoth, Venomoth," Lily replied happily. Already the Potion was doing its work on her wounds, but Keith knew that she needed some rest at the moment.

    "OK, Lily," Keith said, holding up a red-and-white sphere. "Take a nice rest in your Poké Ball for now, let those wounds heal up, hmm?" With that, the ball sucked Lily back in, who had no objection to her Trainer's suggestion.

    Once Lily was back in her Poké Ball, Clyde spoke up again, mentioning how close the Gabite looked to evolving, and weakly joked that if it was a Garchomp, they'd both have been shark bait. He laughed feebly at this joke, but stopped quickly, and changed the subject, suggesting they see where the tunnel leads, see if it's a way out, adding that it wasn't likely they'd be able to get out the way they came, given all the rubble. "I'd have to agree with that," Keith nodded. They began walking down the tunnel, at which point Keith looked back, hoping the Gabite was alright, but it was gone! Likely it crawled back into its hole to recuperate from the battle and the poison, and Keith found himself glad that the Gabite had escaped serious injury, even if it had tried to eat him.

    Not long after that, Keith could see what looked like a torch up ahead, and started to walk faster. He broke out into a run before long, and as he got close, he could see that he was at another fork in the road, with one path seeming to be oddly luminescent. The other one was just as dark as the rest of the tunnel. And worse still, Hermione had fainted, so Keith couldn't rely on her superior sense of smell to try and sniff out which way Houndour could be. Of course, finding a way out of the tunnel was a higher priority right now...

    "Hmm..." Keith murmured, glancing between both tunnels. "Honestly, I dunno here. Something seems strange about this tunnel," he said, gesturing to the luminescent path. "Then again, strange could be good or bad, there's no telling... I certainly got no idea... Maybe Hermione would know something about this if she was still conscious... You know what? Let's go this way," he stated, starting down the oddly lit path. "Maybe the light we're seeing is sunlight reflecting off of some rocks or something. I can't tell either way, but for now, we might as well try it.


    *Lily grew from level 42 to level 43!*

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Infernus
    Scenic Walkway
    Gemini Spark


    As you try to communicate with the Clefable and her baby Cleffa, the Clefable simply looks at you in fear while the baby Cleffa simply stare at you indignantly. You seem to have no way to communicate with them, before Solaris looks at them and approaches them. The Clefable seems to regard him with a somewhat less terrified expression as she did to you, and Larvesta begins to speak to them in his native tongue. The Cleffa are the first ones to get the message and they back down, looking at you now with only polite wariness, but the Clefable needs more convincing and the Larvesta continues talking to her. You aren’t sure exactly what she is saying, but you can see her slightly nod a couple of times, before looking at you and nodding her head. The Cleffa then look at you with bright happy faces and begin to try and climb up your leg, something that Sarkhan doesn’t exactly get and maybe doesn’t approve of but he remains silent on the matter, not wanting to scare the little ones. The Clefable proceeds to walk over to the edge of the cliff, and points down. You look over and you see nothing but forest. You look back at her to make sure that’s the direction you have to look in, and she nods. You look over again, and this time pay more attention to the cliffside, where you see a small overhang in the cliff. You can’t see anything on it, but its likely that there might be a cave there for you to go look at it. You look back at the Clefable and make out the overhang with your hands, hoping that she gets the message. She nods and begins to cry profusely. You look at Sarkhan to see if he gets what is going on, but he seems as clueless as you do, but the Cleffa are more than willing to yap in your ear about it...I don’t think they quite know you can’t understand a word that they are saying. But one of them makes a motion to itself, and then swings it arms towards the cliffside, and you think you finally understand what they are saying.

    You ask the Clefable whether or not one of her kids fell down the cliff, and she looks at you puzzledly before the Larvesta pipes in and...translates? Wow that’s one smart Larvesta. The Clefable nods enthusiastically and points down there, and you peer over again, almost as a formality, but you still don’t see a Cleffa on that overhang, and there doesn’t seem to be anywhere else where a Cleffa could possibly be. You decide to yell out for her, hoping that will get your attention, and you yell out loudly in hopes that the Cleffa will hear it. At first nothing happens, but then suddenly you see a bright light shine from...behind...the overhang. You immediately conclude there is a cave there, but something else catches your eye. The light is pink...something you have never, ever seen before. Then, all of a sudden, a ball of pink energy shoots out of the cave and moves in an arc towards you, and before you can even think, the ball of energy slams into you and explodes, causing you to fly backwards quite a few feet and land on the ground roughly, causing you to wince in pain as you get up. You feel the backs of your thighs and notice that they are very tender, and starting to bleed, and you audibly curse as you walk back over to the cliff. It’s clear that the young Cleffa is frightened out of her mind, and as you think about it...what in the world WAS that attack? You had never heard of a pink orb attack before (nopenopenopenope secret power doesn't count), and this certainly didn’t FEEL like any attack you had ever taken. It felt...very different, and you couldn’t quite put a finger on what in the world it could be. But now you know where the Cleffa was, and now you had to decide how to get her back to her parent...and probably get some kind of medical attention afterwards.

    What will you do?
    Trying to talk with Cleffae is like talking with babies: they can't understand a single darn thing you say! At least when Hyrem tried to do it, they didn't run away and just stood there, the Clefable scared almost out of her wits (Sarkhan probably would've put her over the edge if he was close enough) and the Cleffa kept up their defiance. "...Solaris?" Hyrem said, surprised that the Larvesta was changing his mind and actually translating to the Clefable for him. Thanks to his help, the Cleffa backed down, and Clefable, with a little more time, was convinced that Hyrem was here to help. Suddenly, the Cleffa smiled at Hyrem and actually started climbing up his leg. "Hey, wait, that tickles!" he chuckled while Sarkhan grunted and looked on; there was his trainer, letting himself be used as a perch for some silly baby Pokemon again, and he looked pretty ridiculous every time he did so, in Sarkhan's eyes.

    Meanwhile, Clefable walked toward the edge of the cliff and pointed down it, but when Hyrem looked at where she was pointing, he couldn't see anything. "You sure that's where...?" he began to ask, but Clefable urgently nodded, she was absolutely sure there was something down there of interest. "Okay, I guess I'll look again..." As he took a closer look this time... closer... closer... wait, there is something there! A small overhang, barely in view, stuck out of the cliffside, and while he couldn't see anything on the cliffside, there had to be something significant about it, right? "So... this?" he brought his thumbs and index fingers together so they made a cave-shaped hole. "Is this what you were looking at?" "Fae fable!" came the urgent reply from the mother. Hyrem looked toward Sarkhan wondering if he knew anything, but he shot a look back, as if he was saying, "Don't look at me, man, I got nothin'!" By this time, the Cleffa had reached his shoulders and were all trying to talk at once and right in his ears. "Aaaah, calm down, I don't even get what you're saying!" he said in an annoyed tone.

    Then one of the Cleffa points to itself, brings its arms up, then over, then down to where the cliffside was. Now that was a clear message! "So... one of your kids fell down there?" Hyrem asked the Clefable. It took some translation from Solaris to communicate (which puts into perspective just how smart he was, even when Hyrem first met him), but Clefable pointed down to the overhang again. Once again, Hyrem looked at the overhang, and when he still couldn't find a Cleffa there, he called out to it, "Cleffaaaaaa! Are you theeeeere?" Another pause, but he finally saw a pink light barely visible from the overhang, so there was definitely a cave there... could the pink light be Cleffa? Wait, it looked like it was coming... closer... until it revealed itself to be a pink ball of energy! No chance to duck his head behind the cliff, the ball came too fast until he was thrown onto his back by a face full of... sorry, what was that attack again? I'm not familiar with the... oh, okay, that one, gotcha. Anyway...

    "Owwww, that hurt..." moaned Hyrem as he got back up and realized that his back was scraped enough that it started bleeding. Well, there was definitely a Cleffa down there, and she was obviously scared out of her wits, enough so that she pulled off some weirdo attack Hyrem never saw before. Whatever the attack was didn't matter at this point, all that mattered was getting the distressed Pokemon back to safety, and Hyrem smirked as he knew just the Pokemon to come to the rescue. "Hey, Sarkhan, think you could use your Rock Climb to get to the Cleffa down there and bring her up?" Sarkhan grunted in surprise: him? Hyrem wanted his big, strong dragon to go down there and grab some pipsqueak, all while risking getting attacked by said pipsqueak? He turned his head to the side, folded his arms and snorted in total refusal of the idea. "Aw, come on, it's just a little baby Pokemon! She's not going to hurt you, you're too strong for that!" the trainer said in an effort to goad his Druddigon into it, but Sarkhan gave another stubborn snort, showing he wasn't going to fall for such a trick now. "Not even for some Emboar meat~?" Hyrem could see Sarkhan's reptilian eyes quickly open, he knew he had his Dragon-type Pokemon's attention! "I can always talk to Balmund, he can hook you up with a fresh Emboar, or at least that's what his Pokemon say." The Druddigon had to admit that Durandal and his crew were pretty reliable at that kind of thing. He growled and walked toward the edge before his claws started glowing and he began his descent to the overhang where the little Cleffa was. He better be getting a real good sized Emboar from this; in fact, he decided that, the more attacks he takes, the bigger the portions he would demand of Hyrem. Sarkhan figured that, by the time he was done, he'd deserve a pile of meat at least five times his size...

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    Mt. Infernus
    The Rock Pool
    Treepadaone


    You may not have been exactly what one would call an “intellectual” in the Pokemon world, as you can easily count off a couple of names of people who were in a league of their own, an almost untouchable one by the eyes of many. But as you stare down this puzzle, the answer seems so obvious for you. You remember why, you had seen this kind of puzzle at a pub quiz before and remembered it pretty well, though you seem to remember it having to do with beer instead of water, but you carefully go about solving the puzzle. Taking the jug with the number “3” engraved on it, you carefully put it under the spout of the fountain, allowing the water in the fountain to fill up the jug with water until it reaches the very top. You put the jug down carefully, trying to remember what the next step was. It slowly comes back to you how this was supposed to go, and you pick back up the jug that you had filled up previously, taking the jug with the number “5” engraved on it and putting it on the ground, pouring the water in the smaller jug into the bigger one, doing it slowly to make sure that none of it spills out onto the floor, knowing that even if it is just a little bit off you will not be able to fix that. But, you manage to fill the larger jug with the water from the smaller jug without any problems. Then, you take the smaller jug back to the fountain, putting it under the spout again and filling up the job until its full. You place it on the ground, panting and recovering after carrying these heavy jugs of water. But, you quickly get back into the puzzle, taking the smaller jug and pouring the water into the larger jug as much as you can, until the larger jug is completely full of water. Looking in the smaller jug, you notice that there is about a third of the water left, which is exactly according to plan. You smile a bit that things were going so well, before you look at the larger jug and wonder just how in the world you were going to pick that up and dump it out. You try picking it up but its simply too heavy to hold, before you decide to carefully tip it over. You lean it over on an edge, causing some of the water to spill out on the floor, making the jug somewhat lighter and easier to drain out. You tip out about half of the water before you think its light enough for you to carry comfortably, and you pour out the rest of the water normally. You pant a bit before taking the smaller jug and pouring the water that was left inside of it into the bigger jug. Your Anorith looks on, not exactly sure what the hell you are doing but just watches on, knowing that his trainer knows what is best. You then take the smaller jug and put it under the spout once again, letting the water fall into the jug and fill it up. You kinda wince at the sound of it now, the BADUMP BADUMP BADUMP still ringing in your ears, and you wonder if the true trial here is going to be your sanity, but soon the water is filled. You go to pour it into the larger jug when you realize you might not be able to pick it up well after it filled up...but its not like you can stick it on the pedestal. So, you pour the water in, and grab the jug, lifting it up with all of your might. You get it a good few feet off the ground and walk it over to the pedestal, placing it on there. You wait a bit, as it seems nothing happens, before a door opens to your left, leading into another room. It’s well-lit and doesn’t seem to have any traps in it, so you walk in.

    Infact, the room seems barren and empty, except for one wall. This wall has three gems inside of it, each gem of a different color. This first one of these gems is a bright, silver color, something like a polished piece of metal. The second one is a bright, dark brown, as weird as that seems and seems like a piece of polished rock. The third one is a brilliant sapphire color, and ripples like the water. You look around for something that might seem like instructions, and as the door closes behind you, a plaque also appears. “This trial is one where you must be able to infer and inference on information given to you. The three gems represent three types of attacks that a certain Fossil Pokemon is weak to. If you attack the corresponding gem with the attack, it will glow and the door to the first Challenge will open.”

    What will you do?
    Years of lifting weight at the gym had done him no favours, leaving the Pokémon trainer red faced in front of the bravest of his group as Matthew struggled to carry the water-filled jugs, even going as far as tipping the water out. It was insubstantial but heart-wrenching, not only his fears of potential inadequacy and loss of respect at his weak form, but the repressions of a careless action. He was constantly paranoid in such a place, thoughts of trap-doors and ancient puzzles has danger round every corner. For all he knew spilling the water on the floor and not returning 100% of it could have ended disastrously, but he had to take that chance to even return some to the fountain. The jugs were heavy and looked sturdy but extremely ancient, probably worn and susceptible to cracks and breakage at one poorly timed drop, the ability ruining his chances of completing the puzzle.

    They were all fears which raced through his mind as he completed his actions, the thought of happy memories in the Fizzy Bubbles bar steadying his mind off the beaten track. Anorith didn't look interested at all, its stoic form lying still as he ran round like a headless chicken with jugs of water. He had always wished he knew what his Pokémon were thinking, and none more so than Anorith. Quadrupeds like Togepi were easy to ready but there was something about Anorith that made it extremely tough, like its metaphorical shell was as tough as its literal one. Matthew didn't even know the quality of brain functions the bug-type possessed. It followed orders and stood tall when other Pokémon would cower, but he never seemed to interact with Anorith like he did any other Pokémon, even his Porygon Deckard who's curiosity and artificialness left it emotionally cold showed some form of coherency. For a trainer like Matthew, the bond with his Pokémon was important beyond all others, and the evolutionary form of Armaldo excited the veteran trainer.

    His distracted mind left him in auto-pilot as he completed the puzzle almost unconsciously like a zombie until he placed the finished jug onto the scale. Heart-in-mouth moments followed as seconds ticked by as milliseconds, until a door finally opened to his left. A cautious approach from Matthew left him checking for traps, but he found none in his immediate approach. Anorith followed in behind at a slow rate, its small fan-like legs rippling on the surface as it opposed its trainers sceptical impracticalities. Not wanting to lose face, Matthew too continued into the room on blind-faith finding naught but a baron room. A closer inspection left the two looking at a wall with gems of different colours, followed by a small note.

    The trainer staggered backwards slightly upon reading the plaque, looking down at his Pokémon and back at the writing. Metal; Rock; Water. These were the 3 elements only 1 single Fossil type was weak to, and it happened to be the Pokémon he was with. Was this the tomb answering his question on how it prevents cheating? An implication of change and adaptability had a magical quality to it, but such a historically hidden trove guarded by a powerful Alakazam would require such a attribute. Matthew was amazed.

    He thought he knew the answer, but the problem lay with the move variety itself. Anorith knew moves like Ancientpower to trigger the rock-gem and Water Gun to trigger the saphire gem but only knew Iron Defense to trigger the Steel-gem. Looking down to his belt he quickly remembered that his Pokémon had been taken away by the gatekeeper, having only the Rock/Bug type at his disposal, and would be unable to call on another.

    “Okay, we need to hit each gem with an attack that matches. Give the middle gem a taste of your Ancient Power, and the third gem a Water Gun. Then go over to the first gem, squeeze right up to it and perform an Iron Defense to see if the sheen activates it!”

    He waited and hoped, but his gut feeling was that he had done something wrong.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Team Rocket HQ
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post


    Mt. Infernus
    The Rock Pool
    CyberBlastoise


    (Due to the nature of this challenge, updates may be somewhat shorter than usual)

    Gathering your determination, you reach up to the jar that is third from the left. You notice how its height is enough to keep you from cheating somehow, you aren’t exactly sure how though. But you can still reach the jar, and with a quick nod to Shelley, you resolve yourself and push the jar over. The jar slowly moves off of the pillar, but it zooms to the floor once it does and crashes onto it. A brief poof of dust clouds your vision for a second, as it seems that the jar hadn’t been touched for ages, but you brush it away as you go to examine the rubble. As you look closer, you see a bunch of pottery shards...but nothing else. You look around to make sure that you didn’t miss the Golden Snorlax anywhere, but it seems its nowhere to be found. Which means that you hit one of the empty jars instead of smashing something else. Part of you seems relieved at this, but another part seems to be irritated. Each empty jar increases the chance of hitting a more dangerous jar far higher than it did getting the golden Snorlax.

    "Heh, seems like you are Super Duper Good Luck or Bad Luck. I'm kinda disappointed, I was really rooting for you to get it on your first try. Would have surprised me, no one has been able to do that in all of my days watching over this challenge. Then again, no one has ever gotten to the Rock Pool since I took over from the last guy here, so take that with a grain of salt. Nine are left buddy body, get to it." As he says that, you notice that the room got a little hotter. So that's what he meant.

    Which jar will you break?

    After Bill tipped over the jar, he and Shelly anticipated just what it was. The jar swayed back and forth for a moment, creating tension, but when it finally did fall forward, Bill felt as though time was slowing down to a halt. He swallowed the saliva in his mouth as the jar finally hit the ground. Shelly was ready to pounce on whatever was about to come out. However, upon closer inspection there was nothing of the sort. Bill let out a breath that he didn't know he was holding in. Shelly looked kind of disappointed in the fact that there was nothing to fight at all. She got out of her defensive position for now, awaiting Bill's next decision. Bill thought about his decision for a bit, where to next? After all, he was either one jar closer to sealing victory on getting that golden Snorlax or he was one jar closer to failing this trial and thus failing on locating the Rock Pool. No, this was no time for thoughts like this.

    Before Bill could make his decision, the man interluded, "Heh, seems like you are Super Duper Good Luck or Bad Luck. I'm kinda disappointed, I was really rooting for you to get it on your first try. Would have surprised me, no one has been able to do that in all of my days watching over this challenge. Then again, no one has ever gotten to the Rock Pool since I took over from the last guy here, so take that with a grain of salt. Nine are left buddy body, get to it."

    Since this was a test of luck, the only thing that he had to do was pick a jar at random and hope for the best. Bill decided to go over three pillars to the clockwise from where he was standing and push over that jar. Maybe this time he would have better luck, before he pushed it, Bill turned to his companion and stated, "Same thing as before. Confuse Ray followed by Slash." After Shelly got back into her pouncing stance, Bill looked at the pot above him. "Welp, here goes nothing..." He started to push it.

    Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner


    3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post

    Mt. Fumi

    Open Plain
    Charminions

    Apollo shoots right into action, and as it swings its claws into the air, more rocks come from around the walls and the floor of the cave and helps to block off the cave. The lava moves in and hits the rock, stopping for a brief moment and sizzling before trying to get in through one of the gaps. But soon, another rock is there, preventing it from getting inside. The entire cave is blocked off relatively quickly, but there is a lot of lava, and it begins to back up from behind the barricade. It is obvious there is more than enough lava to fill up the cave if need be, so something else needs to be done. "Come on Donphan, we need to build the walls higher! That way the lava won't spill over!" "DON-DONPHAN!" Donphan spins even faster, taking bigger and bigger rocks and placing them above the other rocks, though it doesn't fit very well. Apollo keeps on grabbing rocks and helping out to, when another trainer steps forth. "Come on out Azumarill!" "AZU AZU!" An Azumarill comes out, and while it might be a little to hectic to try and Pokedex it now, you think you know why the trainer brought it out. "Azumarill, we are going to need your help! Use your strongest Hydro Pump to try and cool down the lava! If we can turn it to stone, we'll have nothing to worry about!" The Azumarill jumps on top of the barricade, and begins to shoot out powerful blast of water, covering the lava. But, the water does little to stop it, just steaming up the minute it hits it, and Azumarill faints as the heat gets to it, falling behind the barricade. "Oh no, Azumarill." the trainers says as he picks her up, cradling her in his arms. Behind you, you hear the sound of the Blissey, and suddenly, more rocks fly from behind you, part of Blissey's STEALTH ROCK attack. The barricade is looking to be more than half of the height of the cave by now, and rumbling from the mountain has stopped. A released Spearow flies up and looks above the barricade, nodding to its trainer. The trainer says, "It's alright everyone, the lava has stopped going into the cave." Everybody breathes a sigh of relief. Zaire and the Azumarill trainer both sit down, and you sit down with them. "Sorry I couldn't help, I didn't know Azumarill would pass out like that. My name is Corbin. Nice to meet you." Zaire looks over and shakes his hand. "My name is Zaire. nice to meet you too Corbin. And its alright about your Azumarill. I'm sure a little rest will do it good." "Thanks man. But I do realize one thing. We are trapped in here until the lava hardens up." "Yeah, that is a problem. I wonder if we can find another way out."

    What will you do?
    The lava looms ever closer as Apollo obeys the urgent orders, swinging his arms up to summon rocks from the walls of the cave, sending them off to block the lava as it sizzles on the surface of the stones.

    Charm almost lets out a sigh of relief when he notices lava still trying to get through the gaps, "We need more rocks!" Rocks do continue to fill up the gaps, eventually blocking off the entrance to the cave. However, there is a huge amount of lava that could still slip over. Zaire notices this and jumps in as well, "Come on Donphan, we need to build the walls higher! That way the lava won't spill over!" The Donphan obeys his trainer, spinning faster as more larger rocks begin to pile on top of the existing ones as Apollo continues to grab rocks to help out.

    Another trainer also jumps in, sending out an Azumarill to douse the lava. The Water-type obeys his trainer, pumping out a Hydro Pump from atop the rock wall, though it does little but turn to steam from the sheer amount of lava. The Azumarill then collapses as the heat of the lava knocks her out. The trainer runs over to pick up his Pokemon, worried as any trainer should be.

    Charm then looks behind to see a Blissey adding more rocks to the barricade with a Stealth Rock. The wall is about half the height of the cave at this point as another trainer's Spearow flies up to scout the lava. With a nod, the trainer shouts, "It's alright everyone, the lava has stopped going into the cave." Charm lets out a sigh of relief, the chaos finally over.

    He walks over to Zaire and the Azumarill trainer who are already sitting down before joining them. "Sorry I couldn't help, I didn't know Azumarill would pass out like that. My name is Corbin. Nice to meet you." Zaire looks over and shakes his hand, as Charm follows and does the same. "My name is Zaire. nice to meet you too Corbin. And its alright about your Azumarill. I'm sure a little rest will do it good." "My name is Charm, and don't worry, it was worth a shot in a moment like that, but we're all safe now," Charm adds. "Thanks man. But I do realize one thing. We are trapped in here until the lava hardens up." "Yeah, that is a problem. I wonder if we can find another way out," Zaire replies.

    Charm rises up before taking a quick scan of the cave. "Well, if there aren't any exits, I guess we'll just have to make our own. Come on out, Rune!" Reaching into his belt he pulls out a mystifying Dragon Ball before releasing it in the air. Out of the ball forms a large Flygon that bellows an elegant draconic roar. The Ground/Dragon hovers in a circle before landing next to Charm. The trainer begins to pet the Flygon along the neck, "Rune, I won't be needing flying services today. Instead, I need to you to start Digging a way out of this cave for us- away and safe from the lava outside. Think you can do that?" The Flygon nods as Charm then turns to the two trainers and Apollo. "We can also have any Pokemon among us capable of digging help out, along with any Pokemon with claws like Apollo that can try to widen the tunnel for us. How does that sound?"

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •