Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 510

Thread: Astoria's Recorded History

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    1,761

    Default

    If everyone can please get into the habit of using size one limegreen font for this zone, that'll be great. Also, if you can please refrain from using other colours in your posts I'll appreciate it. Thanks in advance ^^.
    New Sig Coming

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    Eyrie Peak
    Named after the odd shape of the mountain which from a distance resembles an eagle's head, Mt.Eyrie was feared by many ancient tribes who once dwelled in the forest. Because no humans ever set foot upon the mountain, Eyrie Peak has become a haven for bird Pokémon who have made it their nesting ground. Because of this, the recent influx of tourists in the vicinity have their sights set upon this area, specifically in the hope of finding some of the rarer Pokémon in the land. Be warned, the Pokémon nesting here are likely to be fierce and will protect their babies at all costs.

    Posy Field: An area of mountainside filled with many apricorn trees, berry plants, rare herbs and flowers. The strong scents have attracted many bug Pokémon who like to feed on the vast range of delicious nectars in the vicinity.


    After having walked in circles around a mountain for a long time, Marcelo was starting to feel frustrated and lost and wanted to take some rest in a nice quiet place. Just as he started losing all hope, he finally found a gap through the trees which he had been missing. The gap had been filled up by thick bushes and it seemed like no one had been on that path for years. After making their way through to the other side with some effort, Marcelo and Broly found themselves on a lush green pasture with blankets of beautiful fragrant flowers interspersed with Apricorn trees, berry plants and rare herbs. The aroma of the flowers filled the air and it felt like heaven.

    "Hey, have a look at that! This place is AWESOME! Don't you think so?" Broly happily nodded, hopped around a few times and then settled down on a clear green patch. Marcelo sat right next to him. "Just the kind of place I was looking for after the long walk." He then placed his backpack as if it was a pillow and then lay down for a nap.

    He was woken up by Broly's licking. After half an hour's rest, Broly was up and energetic. Stretching his muscles, Marcelo got up, took his backpack and said, "All right Broly, let's see what this place has got for us." The two started walking ahead, expecting to see something interesting in the Posy Field.
    Last edited by takkupanda; 5th February 2012 at 12:21 PM.
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

    Fizzy Bubbles


    Cable Club Trading List

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Adventure Path: Bustling with bird’s nests, this long and jagged path seems to spiral up and around the mountain leading to Eyrie Peak. Several caverns cluster the trail, all inhabited by flying types.
    "Adventure Path, huh," Charlotte muttered, looking at the wooden signpost, which read "Adventure Path" in funky-looking letters. "Wonder why it's called that in the first place."

    Charlotte and Flare were standing at the entrance to the Adventure Path, having come in search of some wild Pokémon. Sure, the cliff did interest them quite a bit, but they weren't here to have a nice walk and go sightseeing. They were here to catch Pokémon. Some specific Pokémon, in fact.*

    Taking out her Pokédex, she searched how many Dark-Flying, Dragon-Flying Type Pokémon, and Fire-Flying Types there were, punching in a few buttons. As soon as the search was processed, the Pokédex started to drone in a monotone, robotic voice. "Dark-Flying Type Pokémon: Murkrow, Honchkrow, Vullaby, Mandibuzz. Dragon-Flying Type Pokémon: Dragonite, Altaria, Salamence, Rayquaza. Fire-Flying Type Pokémon: Charizard, Ho-oh, Moltres," it said.*

    Charlotte sighed in disappointment. "Well, Fire-Flying Types are pretty much out of the question, and so are Dragon-Flying Type Pokémon," she said. "Guess we'll have to try our luck for the others... maybe a Murkrow or a Vullaby... Maybe we should camp out for the night...?"

    And*with that, Charlotte and Flare entered the Path, hoping that they'd get a decent Pokémon... Though deep down, Charlotte knew that all she'd find would be the occasional Pidgey or two.*
    Last edited by Flame Mistress; 7th February 2012 at 9:12 PM.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    6,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    The Island
    The Island of Astoria contains several areas of interest. Some are more difficult to find than others, but all are worth taking the time to explore - except, perhaps, for the Dead Forest, but even this area contains a perk or two if you're game enough to poke around. Regardless of the area in which you choose to travel, chances are you'll come across one of the many mysterious sites on the island. Whether or not you're a believer in witchcraft, wizardry, voodoo, and magical spells, the mysterious wonders found on this island will surely test your beliefs.

    Areas:
    Island Ports: Several bustling ports have sprouted up in Astoria. The more popular the island becomes, the more entry points are needed which has done wonders for the tourism industry. Currently there are seven ports, two in the north of the land, as well as one each in the south, east, north-east, south-east, and north-west. Each location offers a bar or hotel where you may lodge for the night before venturing off into the unknown wilderness


    Scott stepped off the ferry and entered the port. The place was filled with tourists, but that was expected. As per usual, Shaana the Munna sat on his shoulder. "Well here we are. The island of Astoria." Scott said to his Pokemon as he walked around and looked at the buildings he was passing by. There were rumors of this place being home to magic and witchcraft, and when he heard that, he just had to go there to find out if that was true. He loved magic, and strongly believed in it. Also, he wanted to find some new Pokemon.

    After arriving, Scott pondered what his next move would be. "I'm not ready to leave civilization just yet, so I think I'll look around for a bit. Maybe something exciting will happen to us here. What to you think Shaana?"

    The Munna nodded. "Mun." she said with a smile on her face.

    "I'm glad you agree." The twenty-one year old trainer smiled at his Pokemon. "Now, let's see what there is to do around here." He said as he continued on his journey.

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Magus Falls: A lush green area with a large waterfall that overlooks much of the Divine Woodland. You may try riding the rapids to reach the river below but most choose to take the safer option of strolling along one of the forest trails. Very scenic, your chances of running into wild Pokémon here are high as they flock to the area for access to the nearby freshwater lake. A nice spot for a picnic, or just to pass some time.
    "Diamond Lake huh? There should be a large lake in front of us here but..." Connor said while comparing his scenery to a picture in a guidebook he was reading which were completely different to each other, "...I don't think there was a mention here of waterfalls at all. Did I take a wrong turn again?" Gaspard, his Aipom, who was usually perched on Connor's shoulder, was also looking at the book with its usual grin plastered on his face, not caring at the moment that they did not arrive at their destination and ended up somewhere else.

    "Hmm, probably should have taken that left turn back there... oh well, Diamond Lake can wait. Not like it's going anywhere right?" Connor said with a smile as he placed back his guidebook. "According to the guidebook, this place is called the Magus Falls," he said to his Aipom. Gaspard just tilted his head and stared at him. Connor sighed, "I know, I got us in the wrong area again. I keep doing that to us don't I? Eheheh...," he said apologetically while scratching his messy brown hair to his companion who was indifferent to Connor's lack of sense of direction.

    Wanting to cut the awkward mood, Connor decided to change the subject, "Well Gaspard, this place is pretty good anyway, just look at those waterfalls! I think they'll look pretty good with the green scenery around here for my portfolio, don't you think?" Aipom nodded and said, "Ai-aipom!" Connor's main reason for traveling after all was that he desired to see the different places around the world. At the same time, he also aspires to be a great Pokemon Trainer and at the same time a well-known photographer. Doing all three of those was pretty easy for him.

    "Alright then, time to start taking pictures!" Connor said with a smile and now has his camera on hand, ready to take photos.
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 7th February 2012 at 6:06 AM.

  6. #181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest


    The Lost Tribes
    The Enchanted Forest is rumoured to be home to some of the most ancient tribes in the land. These tribes have shunned modern society and adapted to the forest so well they've become a part of it, blending into the woods with chameleon-like ease making themselves nigh on impossible to find. There are some who will pay good money for guides to lead them deep into unexplored land, however, as rumours spread of these tribes having access to ancient riches, miracle medicines, and extremely rare Pokémon. Most are simply curious, however, wondering what it must be like to live in seclusion, so explore the forest in the hope of stumbling upon one of these ancient tribesmen.


    Mozan's Temple: The ruins of an ancient moss-covered temple. The roots of ancient trees grow over the structure itself making it a magnificent site to behold. Built upon sacred ground this temple holds many amazing secrets just waiting to be found. Rumour has it the nearby battle arena was the site of many ancient battles held in reverence to the ancient gods which has begun to attract modern-day trainers eager for a friendly battle.



    Hugo stumbles through some jungle, stumbling over a rock. He falls to the ground with a big cloud of dust, using his hands to break his fall. He glances up and notices the magnificent temple.

    "Think this will be in the brochure?"

    Silence.

    "Nobody around here appreciates a good Jurassic Park reference?"

    More silence. He glances from side to side. Nobody around.

    "This isn't creepy or anything," he announces sarcastically. He draws a Pokeball from his belt and releases Krabby on the ground next to him. They share an awkward stare for a moment.

    "So uh...you excited to be here?" Hugo asks.

    Kraby looks around, before looking back at his trainer.

    *click, click*

    "Well, I'm glad you're here," Hugo says.

    Krabby gives a weird kind of smile-ish thing which Hugo reciprocates.

    "I hear there's some interesting stuff that's supposed to be around here," Hugo says. "Let's check it out, eh?"

    Hugo treks on as Krabby scuttles along side him.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest


    Areas:
    Diamond Lake: The largest freshwater lake in the region, Diamond Lake has become a hotspot for those who enjoy water sports. Take a ferry ride, hire a canoe or jet ski, or enjoy a picnic on the shore. A great place for everyone, including families, you're sure to find something to keep you occupied.
    To those who knew her at least, Alice was not an outdoorsy person. The image most people had of Pokemon trainers, Rangers, Athletes and the like were people with heavy backpacks, carrying tents and supplies. Her backpack was filled with the mere basics, and a measely Poke Ball. The eighteen year old, whose long blonde hair had been styled into one practical plait, had booked herself into one of the budget lodges for the night. Despite her lazy, procrastinating nature, the rookie even intended to do some chores for extra coinage. It wasn’t as if she intended to rise before midday tomorrow, after all – the girl was, like many of the Pokemon hiding in the trees, nocturnal.

    Before venturing out of the cabins, she had withdrawn more suitable clothing from the PC: a pair of skinny jeans, tucked into her brown walking boots and a long sleeved, airy tunic with a low roundneck and marine-fashion, blue-black stripes patterning it. She wasn’t out for a vacation, although after all this dreadful walking, it was tempting. Her sidekick Swinub was running amok over the grass, digging his nose into every nook and cranny that would fit, concealed black hooves pawing maddeningly into the ground. There had been several instances where she had feared the poor piggy might go headfirst into the stream, and his ground-type side would not appreciate that.

    No, the two were primarily on a trip to find supplies for their journey, and maybe get some training in on the side. Her partner was perfectly suited to such a task, what with his agile motions and keen sleuthing abilities. “Mushrooms, apples, berries, let’s go!” She had declared on their way out.

    The Posy Fields would be a perfect location, the leaflets and internet had all told her that much, but Alice couldn’t face aggressive mountain climbing, so they were stuck with moseying along and seeing if they would get there. They might, eventually. At least the way back would be far less hilly.

    “Don’t stray too far, Swiney-ub!” She called out, taking a swig from her large water bottle which she clutched in a small, milky-white hand. The trainer was petite, like her Pokemon. He replied with one call, and then zoomed to the opposite side of the clearing to inspect some bushes. She was still in her youth, but the female had to question: where did her baby get all his energy from?


    ((Profile.))
    Last edited by Meetan; 24th February 2012 at 2:57 PM.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farming infractions for noobs.
    Posts
    2,070

    Default Astoria Adventures: Batch One.

    And hello there folks. As the old ZA of the water zone here a while ago (a significant while if the dust here's anything to go by) I'm pleased to inform you I'll be picking you up on your adventures. Updates will come roughly once a week, sometimes more frequently depending on post rates, and I'll hope my mind can give you guys an adventure you won't forget. If you're new to FB, we'll see about getting you a foot up into the world, while veterans can prepare for what's to come.

    When replying, post in Lime Green and Size 1 font just to make things easier and to fit in with the zone itself. If you're new, please keep a link to your profile in your sig or post it at the start of the reply just to make things easier for me.

    With introductions over, let's roll!

    -+The Island+-

    -Island Ports-
    Mon1010: Setting foot off the ferry, you find yourself wandering into town, Shaana perched on your shoulder as the two of you opt to stick within civilisation for the time being, unsure of what lies outwith the port city. Taking in the sights, your eyes and ears are treated to a bustling entrance, peddlars selling their wares to visitors, trainers meeting and greeting each other while a few wild pokemon scamper around playfully. The sight is so engrossing you fail to notice the terrified figure running towards you until your face meets the concrete, Shaana giving a squeal as the Munna splats into the ground as well. Irked thoroughly, you leer towards the culprit only to find it to be a small brown fuzzy bear with a crescent marking on its head, the Teddiursa holding a container of sorts just before a shout causes it to scurry away as fast as it arrived.

    "Hey! Stop that thief!"

    You and Shaana turn to the source of the hue and cry to spot a rather angry pair of men, both of whom are rather exhausted from the chase and collapse. You sought adventure, and it seems adventure as expected sought you.

    What will you do?

    -------

    -+The Divine Woodland+-

    -Diamond Lake-
    Meetan: Heading into the fields beside the scenic Diamond Lake, you and Swinub had your initial goal in mind, or at least you did. While your less than stellar preparations beforehand left you a little understocked, you still had a degree of bubbly intrigue for the journey you would be undertaking, while it seemed your porcine starter was concerned about finding some dinner, preferably along the lines of a few berries or worms. Darting off into the bushes, you give her a call to be careful before drinking from your bottle, the water within quenching your thirst as you gaze out towards the lake surface, the clear mirror-like image in the sunlight creating small sparkles much like the lake was composed of diamond, giving it the name. Taking in the beauty of it, you opt to have a little seat before heading further along, Swinub returning from nosing around chewing on a small apple, slightly rotten. While to you it was perhaps inpalatable, to a forager like Swinub it would make a good snack and as she begins to ham into it, a ripple in the water catches your lazy eye.

    Focusing on the ripple, you find it to be a simple bug skating along the surface, and as the Surskit gets closer to shore it is only then that you notice the looming shadow above, followed by a mighty screech as the Swellow circles overhead, eyeing up the pond skater as you catch the exasperated look in its eye and realise the bug may be in more danger than expected...

    What will you do?

    --------

    -Magus Falls-
    InnerFlame: As you walk along the scenic route beside the falls with Charm by your side, your mind wanders as to how humans would desecrate the beauty of such a sanctuary of peace for their living needs, the sounds of the land giving you an air of peace as you enjoy the experience. Following the path, the two of you eventually come across a small natural clearing, the result of a few fallen trees which on inspection may have been struck by lightning, however rare storms were here. Taking a rest on one of the logs, you and Charm notice the wild pokemon in the vicinity, a few birds chirping in conversation in one of the trees, a pair of Pikachu playing with a Plusle and Minun, a few Nidoran feeding on berries while their Nidoking parent watches them while keeping an ear on you warily, and one lurking Metagross slap bang in the middle of some bushes keeping a focus on the parent. Hang on...

    "GROOOOOOOOOH!!!"

    The metallic cry of the out of place Iron Leg pokemon scatters the nesting birds and mice, causing the Nidoran to suddenly panic as the Nidoking tries desperately to calm them down as they scarper into the shrubbery. Taking the hint, you and Charm immediately cower behind the log you're on as you peer over, terrified as the mechanical monstrosity hammers towards the Nidoking, its iron cross aglow in cyan energy as the heavyweight builds up momentum before smashing into the off-guard poison type with a devastating zen headbutt, the roar of pain escaping the gentle giant's lungs coming at the same time as the blood that emerged from the impact of the half-ton terror, the ground type immediately crumpling in great pain and gasping desperately as the steel type lumbers back a few steps, crimson eyes aglow with energy as it begins to levitate and bolts sharply round to your position as you cower behind the log, desperately petrified for your life as you and Charm remain silent. After a few tense seconds which seem like hours, the mechanical grunt and rustling of leaves with breaking branches gives you the cue that the Metagross has left, and as you fearfully peek over the log once more, you find the clearing once more calm, only this time the silence is grave with only the wheezing of the wounded Nidoking the sound to your ears.

    What will you do?

    ++++++

    Nerubi: With your arrival at the falls, you and Wyu share the same sentiments towards the difference between the forest and the city, before agreeing to head into the area further for some sightseeing. Walking along the path, you decide to follow the road alongside the river, climbing a few rocks along the way due to the initially gentle drops, remarking at the peace of it all. After a while, the Sneasel spots a gentle lake where the land is at a dip and heads over to it to cool off as you rest on the brush, your legs protesting to your eyes and ears about the sacrifice they're making to treat them. Gazing across the pool, you are a little surprised to see a pokemon on the other side of the water, the Petilil basking in the sun on a small rock by the side of the water. Giving a small smile, you decide to watch it for a few moments, respecting the grass pokemon while the wind picks up a little due to your slightly elevated position. Unfortunately, the plant pokemon is surprised by this wind and rising too quickly loses its footing and tumbles into the drink with a yelp! While the water isn't more than two feet deep, the small pokemon starts to panic and flail within the water as you realise grimly the poor Petilil is drowning in the small pond.

    What will you do?

    ++++++

    Trainer Andy: Unlike others who had wandered into the falls, you came by yourself, your pokemon nestled in their ball for safekeeping while you battled with your navigation skills and your map. After a short time, you pinpoint your general position as being in Magus Falls, a renowned spot where pokemon flock in numbers for the freshwater lake as well as trainers who enjoy a good picnic. Taking a breather, you study the map closer to try and find whereabouts in the falls you are when a bark from behind you disrupts your concentration and balance resulting in your being in a messy pile. Disgruntled, you turn towards the culprit, which turns out to be a small puppy with brown fur and a hairy tan face, the Lillipup amused by your shenanigans as you get onto your feet and realise to your horror the map's damaged! Giving another yip, the hound beckons towards you playfully as though urging you to give chase.

    What will you do?

    ++++++

    uhhhhh: Your ineptitude at mapreading aside, Gaspard gives a chuckle before you decide to ignore the mishap, reckoning the falls would also make for a good photo opportunity. With little delay and camera in hand, you venture into the plains and woodlands surrounding the falls, seeking a suitable vantage point for some catalogue-quality photography. A couple of hours later, your camera's film remains as full as it was beforehand, the lack of rushing water not to your liking. On a second hearing, you're unsettled to hear a lack of noise whatsoever, except for a faint buzz to your right. Turning with the expectancy to see a few Beedrill, you instead find what could be accurately described as a Yangiga, the colossal Ogre Darner pokemon having a wingspan well in excess of twelve feet and possessing legs as thick as your arms, if not thicker, though the point most interesting is the seething leer the dragonfly is giving you as it approaches, a leer that can only be likened to that of a hunter staring down its prey...

    What will you do?

    --------

    -Augur's Temple-
    CyberBlastoise: Ruins always seemed to interest you in some way. Recalling the less than colourful ruins of Pele, where you found the natives to be a little bloodthirsty, you nevertheless ventured to the site of the temple of Augur, Deerling in tow. Upon reaching the outskirts of the temple, you're relieved to find a lack of natives and even more relieved to find a lack of human remains, or burning human remains at any matter. Scanning the surroundings, you find the temple entrance seems to consist of three seperate archways. To the left of you is one covered by vines, the drapes of nature having been pulled aside to give a large enough opening for you. Straight ahead lay a massive structure, seemingly the main temple itself, the entrance up several flights of steps, while to the right was a crumbled doorway, a gap at the top only large enough to crawl through somewhat comfortably, but offering no easy way out once inside. The question, of course, is which entrance to take.

    What will you do?

    --------

    -+Eyrie Peak+-

    -Adventure Path-
    Myahoo: Taking a road travelled less, you and Wildfire venture into Eyrie Peak, the crest of the mountain shrouded by the clouds but giving you a vague outline of the eagle-like peak. However, as much as you'd love to see Astoria from the top of the world, you instead decided to stick further down the mountain, along the rocky path spiralling around it with the hopes of finding a feathered friend or two. Inhaling the fresh air, you and your Cyndaquil trudge up the path, admiring the flutter of wings above you as birds of all feathers flit about their business while some of the larger avians give a majestic crow before taking flight. Such is your enamourment with the birds that you fail to notice the path before you taking a sudden turn to the left, just as your foot connects with thin air. Giving a squeak, Wildfire desperately but vainly tries to pull you back as you and the fire type tumble over the edge and roll painfully down the rough cliff before coming to a sudden stop, a sharp burning sensation in your leg causing you to cry out. Looking painfully down, you find your leg a sickly blue at the shin and a constant throbbing ache around it, just as you look towards the rock that stopped you in your tracks.

    A nuzzle by your side by your worried starter directs you towards a rather sizable branch jutting out of the rocks, but a glance before it reveals a steeper cliff and ledge leading above said cliff to the branch. With your movement all but negated by the possible fracture, and with your Cyndaquil by your side, your plan of action is forced as you spot some dark clouds brewing overhead, signifying a storm incoming...

    What will you do?

    ++++++

    Flame Mistress: Your ambitions for a mighty dragon or phoenix thoroughly smashed to pieces and buried by the dex, you and Flare decide that having a dark type handy would be rather useful, and with the thought of a Honchkrow or Mandibuzz on your mind, the two of you head into the rocky road. Taking note that both birds are mostly nocturnal, and the likely chance you'll bump into an annoyed Pidgey instead, you shrug before scaling the pathway, seeking some shelter until night came. Hours pass, and after a tiring climb you eventually find a cavern to recuperate in. Taking a breather, you sit down on some nearby boulders while looking out at the scene before you, smiling to yourself as you behold the beauty that lies to your eyes. Hundreds of birds of all shapes and sizes drifting and soaring in the sky, and not a single one of which is the birds you're looking for. As you rub your eyes, Flare gives you a poke to garner your attention as you look to the direction they're pointing in to find yourself face to beak with a rugged Skarmory, the steel type staring at you with some curiosity as you try hard not to scare it and yourself, just before it breaks eye contact to motion you to what lies behind its nest, a continuing tunnel too small for it, and then points a wing outside, as it gives a groggy squawk. The sleepy and rather powerful Armor Bird either wants you to leave via your entrance or to the cave it can't enter, and preferably with some degree of haste before it loses out on beauty sleep.

    What will you do?

    --------

    -Posy Field-
    Son_of_Shadows: After some discussion on an adventure, you and Bishop decide to head out on a picnic in the Posy Field, a locale that was as much of a bug magnet as it was a trainer magnet. Indeed, on reaching the field, you found a few trainers and their pokemon with the same idea as you, each with their own pokemon. A hoot from your owl catches your attention as you spot a free site under a couple of small bushes, plop the basket straight down and claim it with your rear, in bliss at the scent of the field as you gingerly open the basket and start laying out the cloth, Bishop fluttering beside you. As you remove some sandwiches and lay them to the side, a strange beetle like pokemon with a horn pops out of the shrubs, looking at you and Bishop curiously. Pondering what the Karrablast is up to, your train of thought parks as the bug swiftly scuttles to the basket and with a flourish of its body hooks the horn onto the basket handle and proceeds to abscond with your lunch! A couple of giggles from nearby at the mishap strikes your pride as a trainer as you and Bishop start to give pursuit to the pint-sized picnic pinching pillbug, whose small stature allows it to slip through some bushes as you fumble through them, leaving you in the middle of a small bushy clearing with no sight of your thief save for a few rustles.

    What will you do?

    ++++++

    takkupanda: The trip to the field took a while, but in the end you and Broly had reached your destination and by Arceus was it worthwhile. Dumping your backpack for a nap, you doze off before waking to Broly's licks, before deciding to head into the deeper areas of the field. After a short walk, you find yourselves in a patch of flowers, the scent rather relaxing as the pair of you amble casually, appreciating the scenery, small bugs drinking nectar from the flowers while Beedrill sparred with Scyther in friendly combat, both ferocious insects reminding you of the power behind a genus often associated with calmness. A scream from nearby jolts this serenity into a raging river, however, and curious as you are, you head to the source of the cry. From a hilly vantage point, you find a small girl no older than ten cowering as her Minccino tries to hold off a rather expansive swarm of bees, a large and rather miffed Vespiquen waving her arms around as she orders the drones to attack the unfortunate duo. Looking back at the girl, you spot the jar of honey in her hands and put two and two together: The poor lass must have been collecting honey and disturbed the queen bee. As the drones close in on the pair, you find yourself with a difficult decision: Interfere or not.

    What will you do?

    --------

    -+The Mystic Jungle+-

    -Waterfall Valley-
    Acio29619: Volts leading the way in the spirit of many Pachirisu, you find yourself reaching the valley after some rough jungle escapades a little tired but relieved. Looking out over the valley, you find the scene to be breathtaking, the waterfalls cascading down into the valley, giving it the name, while below you the mist rises as though inviting you down for a gander, to which you and Volts seem eager to follow, if not for the rumoured treasure then for the view alone. As you head forward, the two of you stop as you realise one vital problem with heading into the valley's depths: There's no easy way down that doesn't involve testing the rigidity of your skeletal structures. A little downheartened, Volts gives a squeak and points you to the falls, where you notice a choice of path at each side. To the left the makeshift path heads relatively horizontal, going into the cave system behind the falls, while the right heads further down, but is noticably much more narrow. Giving one glance over the edge, you can tell that if you fell you'd likely be in freefall for a good thirty seconds before dying horribly and painfully below on the foliage and rocks...

    What will you do?

    --------

    -+The Lost Tribes+-

    -Mozan's Temple-
    King Ghidorah: After your less than perfect entry, you find yourself with Hugo outside the vine-covered temple, dedicated to some ancient deities of which you've never heard of. With a click of his claws, the Krabby scuttles beside you as the two of you head into the temple, wondering what awaited you. A few moments of wandering around, your eyes take in the sights the ancient temple possesses, scriptures on the walls in languages you fail to understand, symbols and eyes seemingly watching, and a sense of foreboding that you can't seem to shake off. Wandering into a clearing of sorts, you and Hugo are alarmed to hear a heavy thunk behind you as a stone door suddenly slams behind you! As you look around in worry, green veins of energy snake from a central source as one rather large symbol floats before you. It takes you a few seconds to realize this symbol is actually a pokemon of some sort.

    "It has been long since this temple has had competitors. You shall compete if you wish to leave, for our gods request entertainment." The floating symbol turns and the eye on the top takes on a similar hue to the ground, just as you suddenly find you and Hugo afloat in the air as the ground beneath starts to warp and shift.

    After a few moments, you find yourselves on one side of a field, around ten metres in from your entrance, and notice a few walls before you, some of which are cracked allowing handholds while others are small enough for Hugo to squeeze through.

    "The gods desire their challenger to possess five qualities. The first of these is the agility of the Serperior. Before you lies a gate, three keys of which require your ability to act on your skill of speed and precision. Take the keys and insert them into the keystone ahead," the Sigilyph hums in telepathic nature as a block before you glows with the green light. "Take note that speed is of the essence, for behind you lies elimination..."

    Peering behind you, you and Hugo are shocked to see a wall of crimson light, which seems to be incinerating the vegetation behind you as it approaches the two of you slowly, and the danger you've set yourselves into quite clear...
    [*]The three keys are located on a five meter pillar to the left, within a tunnel only Hugo can access, and hanging from a vine out of your reach near the stone. Using your RPing ability, create a strategy to get the three keys within three updates, which will be the time the wall will take to reach the keystone.


    I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

  9. #184
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    6,247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post


    -+The Island+-

    -Island Ports-
    Mon1010: Setting foot off the ferry, you find yourself wandering into town, Shaana perched on your shoulder as the two of you opt to stick within civilisation for the time being, unsure of what lies outwith the port city. Taking in the sights, your eyes and ears are treated to a bustling entrance, peddlars selling their wares to visitors, trainers meeting and greeting each other while a few wild pokemon scamper around playfully. The sight is so engrossing you fail to notice the terrified figure running towards you until your face meets the concrete, Shaana giving a squeal as the Munna splats into the ground as well. Irked thoroughly, you leer towards the culprit only to find it to be a small brown fuzzy bear with a crescent marking on its head, the Teddiursa holding a container of sorts just before a shout causes it to scurry away as fast as it arrived.

    "Hey! Stop that thief!"

    You and Shaana turn to the source of the hue and cry to spot a rather angry pair of men, both of whom are rather exhausted from the chase and collapse. You sought adventure, and it seems adventure as expected sought you.

    What will you do?
    Scott walked around the city, admiring everything there was to see and hear. The place was buzzing with activity. Street vendors were trying to make a buck, tourists were chatting, and even a few wild Pokemon were scampering about nearby. But while Scott and Shaana were taking it all in, he failed to notice the figure running towards him from the opposite direction. That is untill, the two of them collided.

    CRASH!

    Scott's face hit the pavement, which really hurt. Shaana also let out a squeal, as she fell off his shoulder, and hit her face on the ground. "Ow!" Scott exclaimed, annoyed with the pain he felt from hitting concrete, though he also Scott knew this was partially his own fault, he should've watched where he was going. He gently rubbed his cheeks, when the pain subsided, he turned to his Pokemon. "Are you ok Shaana?"

    "Mun." The Dream Eater said. She seemed to recover quickly, and she floated back onto his shoulder.

    As Scott stood up, he looked to see who or what it was that he ran into. He saw a small brown teddy bear, with a crescent moon on its forehead, a Teddiursa, who was holding some kind of container. Before the trainer could do anything further, a voice rang out.

    "Stop the theif!"

    This caused the small bear to run away in a panic. Scott looked behind him, to find the source of the voice, and saw a pair of angry looking men. They seemed exhausted from the running. So much so that they collapsed right on the spot.

    Scott raised an eyebrow. "This could be interesting." He thought. "Looks like I just might get an adventure today after all." So he walked up to the collapsed men. "Excuse me. Did you say something about a theif?
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 17th February 2012 at 1:07 AM.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post

    --------

    -+The Mystic Jungle+-

    -Waterfall Valley-
    Acio29619: Volts leading the way in the spirit of many Pachirisu, you find yourself reaching the valley after some rough jungle escapades a little tired but relieved. Looking out over the valley, you find the scene to be breathtaking, the waterfalls cascading down into the valley, giving it the name, while below you the mist rises as though inviting you down for a gander, to which you and Volts seem eager to follow, if not for the rumoured treasure then for the view alone. As you head forward, the two of you stop as you realise one vital problem with heading into the valley's depths: There's no easy way down that doesn't involve testing the rigidity of your skeletal structures. A little downheartened, Volts gives a squeak and points you to the falls, where you notice a choice of path at each side. To the left the makeshift path heads relatively horizontal, going into the cave system behind the falls, while the right heads further down, but is noticably much more narrow. Giving one glance over the edge, you can tell that if you fell you'd likely be in freefall for a good thirty seconds before dying horribly and painfully below on the foliage and rocks...

    What will you do?

    --------

    Myrrh was filled with awe as he took in the scene in front of him. He thought of all the other scenery that he might come across, the possibility of finding some objects of use, and the prospect of catching, battling, or even simply observing various pokemon in their environment.

    But all of those thoughts were being replaced by feelings of uncertainty as he was contemplating which way to proceed. When faced with a left or right choice, Myrrh always chooses to go to the right, but this time it was not so easy to chose a direction to go. He isn't very good with heights and the cave system might be dark, which Myrrh doesn't do too well in either. Volts seemed a bit impatient as he stood there watching his trainer think.

    Myrrh finally came to a decision and said "Volts, I know you probably have no issue with heights, but I do. And even though you are more adept for narrow passageways but I am not. Looks like we are gonna have to go into the cave system, the other path looks to be more dangerous. I just hope it isn't too dark in there..."

    And with that they started to make their way into the cave system, though Myrrh's mindset changed from excited to cautious as they got nearer. Volts didn't seem to think much of caves and continued to lead the way.

  11. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post


    -+The Lost Tribes+-

    -Mozan's Temple-
    King Ghidorah: After your less than perfect entry, you find yourself with Hugo outside the vine-covered temple, dedicated to some ancient deities of which you've never heard of. With a click of his claws, the Krabby scuttles beside you as the two of you head into the temple, wondering what awaited you. A few moments of wandering around, your eyes take in the sights the ancient temple possesses, scriptures on the walls in languages you fail to understand, symbols and eyes seemingly watching, and a sense of foreboding that you can't seem to shake off. Wandering into a clearing of sorts, you and Hugo are alarmed to hear a heavy thunk behind you as a stone door suddenly slams behind you! As you look around in worry, green veins of energy snake from a central source as one rather large symbol floats before you. It takes you a few seconds to realize this symbol is actually a pokemon of some sort.

    "It has been long since this temple has had competitors. You shall compete if you wish to leave, for our gods request entertainment." The floating symbol turns and the eye on the top takes on a similar hue to the ground, just as you suddenly find you and Hugo afloat in the air as the ground beneath starts to warp and shift.

    After a few moments, you find yourselves on one side of a field, around ten metres in from your entrance, and notice a few walls before you, some of which are cracked allowing handholds while others are small enough for Hugo to squeeze through.

    "The gods desire their challenger to possess five qualities. The first of these is the agility of the Serperior. Before you lies a gate, three keys of which require your ability to act on your skill of speed and precision. Take the keys and insert them into the keystone ahead," the Sigilyph hums in telepathic nature as a block before you glows with the green light. "Take note that speed is of the essence, for behind you lies elimination..."

    Peering behind you, you and Hugo are shocked to see a wall of crimson light, which seems to be incinerating the vegetation behind you as it approaches the two of you slowly, and the danger you've set yourselves into quite clear...
    [*]The three keys are located on a five meter pillar to the left, within a tunnel only Hugo can access, and hanging from a vine out of your reach near the stone. Using your RPing ability, create a strategy to get the three keys within three updates, which will be the time the wall will take to reach the keystone.
    Sweet. But just as an fyi, Hugo is my character. Krabby just goes by Krabby.

    ------------

    "Oh god, oh god," Hugo repeats in a panic. Krabby looks to Hugo and gives him a "what the hell do we do now" look.

    "Oh, right. Okay, let me think," Hugo assures, scanning the area in a panic. He rushes at the whole but can't fit through.

    "I can't...I can't get through. You're going to need to do this, Krabby," Hugo sadly announces. "But don't worry. We can do this."

    *click, click* responds Krabby. Hugo ponders.

    "Okay, I think I have a plan. What we need to do," Hugo says, " is to be able to get the keys down from the vine hanging off the pillar. Let me see you jump."

    Krabby boosts itself off the ground about 3 inches.

    "Yeah....that's not going to work. On to Plan B. Krabby, as quickly as you can, I need you to scuttle through the tunnel. Once you reach the pillar, use AncientPower and build a high rock pile. Once the pile is built, climb up to the top and reach for it. If you still can't, use Bubble immediately followed by Icy Wind and freeze the bubbles. Direct the ice balls at the keys and try to knock them down from the vine. The momentum from the wind...should hopefully carry them far enough to knock them down. Do you think you can do that?" Hugo asks.

    *click, click, click* Krabby eagerly responds.

    "Alright, buddy. We can do this! Go!"

    Krabby scuttles toward the tunnel.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post

    -+The Divine Woodland+-

    -Magus Falls-

    uhhhhh: Your ineptitude at mapreading aside, Gaspard gives a chuckle before you decide to ignore the mishap, reckoning the falls would also make for a good photo opportunity. With little delay and camera in hand, you venture into the plains and woodlands surrounding the falls, seeking a suitable vantage point for some catalogue-quality photography. A couple of hours later, your camera's film remains as full as it was beforehand, the lack of rushing water not to your liking. On a second hearing, you're unsettled to hear a lack of noise whatsoever, except for a faint buzz to your right. Turning with the expectancy to see a few Beedrill, you instead find what could be accurately described as a Yangiga, the colossal Ogre Darner pokemon having a wingspan well in excess of twelve feet and possessing legs as thick as your arms, if not thicker, though the point most interesting is the seething leer the dragonfly is giving you as it approaches, a leer that can only be likened to that of a hunter staring down its prey...

    What will you do?

    Connor had begun to find good places around the falls to take a picture, with Gaspard playing around nearby enjoying himself. Connor thought that with a beautiful place such as the Magus Falls, he's bound to get a lot of photos for his portfolio. Once he found a good spot in the Magus Falls to take a picture, he has pointed his camera at the area and...

    "...No, this isn't good. There's something missing here," Connor said as he frowned while looking through the camera lens. He was obviously dissatisfied at the view for some reason or another. He looked for another area around the falls. "No... this isn't it either." He went around again to find a good vantage point, even to the point that it's downright ridiculous...with no such luck.

    "Too far away." "Too near." "Too leafy." "Where's the waterfall?" "What am I doing upside-dow-AH! Ow..."

    A few hours later, Connor still have not taken any pictures and his Aipom had a good laugh at his mishaps, "Glad to know you're enjoying this Gaspard," Connor sighed. "You know, for some reason, I can't seem to find a good picture here, I dunno why. Probably due to the lack of rushing water or something," Connor complained to particularly no one. With another sigh, he placed his camera back in his backpack when he noticed that the the area around him was too quiet except for a sound of buzzing on his right. "Hey Gaspard, do you hear a buzzing noise right now?" he said to his buddy who was staring something at his right, looking a bit frightful. "Gaspard? What are you looking a-" Connor stopped as he turned to his right.

    He saw a Yanmega, a very big Yanmega. Connor stood still in front of it when suddenly he had a stroke of inspiration.

    "Ah, that's it! You're just what I need for my pictures! Are you perhaps willing yourself to be taken a picture of?" Connor asked the Yanmega. His Aipom really could not believe what his trainer had just said. Connor really was unaware that he's in imminent danger.

    "Ai-ai-aipom! Aipom! Pom!" Gaspard was attempting to signal his trainer that the Yanmega did not come to him for a photo shoot. Connor turned to face Gaspard and then with some hand gestures that Gaspard had made, finally got the message. "Wait, you mean... we're in danger? And that we should run?" Gaspard nodded. Connor turned to face the Yanmega again, all being clear to him. He then quickly took his Pokédex and point it at the Pokémon.

    Quote Originally Posted by the Pokédex
    Yanmega, the Ogre Darner Pokémon. Its jaw power is incredible. It is adept at biting apart foes while flying by at high speed. Height 6'03", Weight 113.5lbs
    Connor was surprised, in particular at the Yanmega's height, "That can't be right, this one doesn't look like it's six feet long! It looks way bigger than that!" he exclaimed, "There's no way we can fight this one on our own Gaspard, Let's Run Away!" he said to his partner and he and his Aipom started to run away from the Yanmega.
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 17th February 2012 at 8:29 AM. Reason: Slight alterations at the end.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post


    -+The Divine Woodland+-

    -Magus Falls-

    Nerubi: With your arrival at the falls, you and Wyu share the same sentiments towards the difference between the forest and the city, before agreeing to head into the area further for some sightseeing. Walking along the path, you decide to follow the road alongside the river, climbing a few rocks along the way due to the initially gentle drops, remarking at the peace of it all. After a while, the Sneasel spots a gentle lake where the land is at a dip and heads over to it to cool off as you rest on the brush, your legs protesting to your eyes and ears about the sacrifice they're making to treat them. Gazing across the pool, you are a little surprised to see a pokemon on the other side of the water, the Petilil basking in the sun on a small rock by the side of the water. Giving a small smile, you decide to watch it for a few moments, respecting the grass pokemon while the wind picks up a little due to your slightly elevated position. Unfortunately, the plant pokemon is surprised by this wind and rising too quickly loses its footing and tumbles into the drink with a yelp! While the water isn't more than two feet deep, the small pokemon starts to panic and flail within the water as you realize grimly the poor Petilil is drowning in the small pond.

    What will you do?
    Walking along the path, Sami and Wyu decided to follow the road alongside the river, easily climbing a few rocks. “Wah, this is amazing!” Sami exclaimed on his thoughts about the natural peacefulness of the place.

    After a long walk, they passed on a gentle lake which Wyu pointed at and pulled Sami’s legs “Nya!” Wyu exclaimed as he was cutely begging to his trainer. And immediately, the jolly Sneasel headed straight and playfully dipped himself on the pool. Laughing a little about his starter's behavior, he suddenly felt his legs seemingly shouting and looking at it, it seems worned from the walk, Sami agreed for the rest. ”Sure. Go on.” Sami said while he rested on a bush. “A good place for a good rest.” he thought. A little rest wouldn't hurt at all.

    Sami gazed around the peaceful pool, suddenly spotting a small figure basking in the sun on a small rock. “A Petilil…?” he smiled and wondered what the pokemon is doing around the lake. Suddenly a wind blew and the Petilil drops on the water!

    The poor Petilil is in panic and drowning! “Ara, this doesn’t look good…” Sami without any other thoughts, immediately stands up and headed straight on the lake to help the pokemon. “Wyu! Rescue the Petilil over there!” Sami commanded Wyu as he's more near at the vicinity area. Wyu, noticing the poor pokemon, nodded then swam straight as the pool wasn’t higher than 2 feet, reaching the Petilil and raising it out of the water.

    After immediately rescuing the Petilil, Wyu headed back to Sami who was already at halfway on the lake. “Okay! Good job Wyu!” Sami praised and patted Wyu’s head, “Nya!” Wyu replied in happiness. Sami then raised the small Petilil on his hand “Are you okay, little fellow?”
    Last edited by nerubi; 18th February 2012 at 3:30 AM.
    PASBL Stats.

    Fizzy Bubble

    FC Black - Tsubaki : 4942 9431 4010

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    -+Eyrie Peak+-

    -Posy Field-

    takkupanda: The trip to the field took a while, but in the end you and Broly had reached your destination and by Arceus was it worthwhile. Dumping your backpack for a nap, you doze off before waking to Broly's licks, before deciding to head into the deeper areas of the field. After a short walk, you find yourselves in a patch of flowers, the scent rather relaxing as the pair of you amble casually, appreciating the scenery, small bugs drinking nectar from the flowers while Beedrill sparred with Scyther in friendly combat, both ferocious insects reminding you of the power behind a genus often associated with calmness. A scream from nearby jolts this serenity into a raging river, however, and curious as you are, you head to the source of the cry. From a hilly vantage point, you find a small girl no older than ten cowering as her Minccino tries to hold off a rather expansive swarm of bees, a large and rather miffed Vespiquen waving her arms around as she orders the drones to attack the unfortunate duo. Looking back at the girl, you spot the jar of honey in her hands and put two and two together: The poor lass must have been collecting honey and disturbed the queen bee. As the drones close in on the pair, you find yourself with a difficult decision: Interfere or not.

    What will you do?
    As Marcelo and Broly headed forward in the fragrant flower-filled fields, they savoured the aroma that emanated from the patches of flowers. They felt relaxed and happy as they strolled on the grasses. They saw small bugs enjoying the juicy nectar from flowers. Marcelo remembered someone telling him that this place was full of Bug Pokemon, which he realized indeed was true. A small distance ahead, he saw a Scyther successfully defeat a Beedrill in what appeared to be a friendly battle. Impressed by the skill of the Mantis Pokemon, Marcelo proceeded in his direction. "A Scyther would be a great Pokemon for our first catch, don't you think, Broly? You think you can take him on?" Broly nodded and stepped forward. "Okay, let's do this! Broly, use -" his orders were interrupted by what sounded like a girl's scream from across the hillock nearby. "Sounds like someone's in trouble... Let's have a look. We can catch Pokemon later."

    As the two ran to the top of the hill, they saw a swarm of what appeared like Combees led by a big angry Vespiquen. As they reached the top of the hill, they saw that the swarm was headed towards a small girl crouching on the ground hiding herself from the bees. A few feet ahead of her was a tiny Minccino trying to protect her from the bees. As they reached closer, they saw that the girl was covering a jar which looked like it was filled with honey. Now everything made sense. The girl had been collecting honey alone, and might have angered the queen bee in the process. It looked like it was an honest mistake and she didn't mean to harm the bees, but the bees attacked in the fit of rage. As they watched, the queen bee's eyes glowed red as she ordered the drones to attack the two of them. It appeared like the Chinchilla Pokemon stood no chance against the swarm. She had to be helped.

    Marcelo knew exactly what to do. "Broly, hurry up and help the poor Minccino. See if your Roar scares the bees off. If it doesn't, use Ember to hold them back!" While the Puppy Pokemon followed the orders, Marcelo hurried up towards the lass, squatted next to her and asked, "Are you okay, Miss? There's no need to worry. Broly and I will take care of this."
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

    Fizzy Bubbles


    Cable Club Trading List

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Team Rocket HQ
    Posts
    884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post

    -Augur's Temple-
    CyberBlastoise: Ruins always seemed to interest you in some way. Recalling the less than colourful ruins of Pele, where you found the natives to be a little bloodthirsty, you nevertheless ventured to the site of the temple of Augur, Deerling in tow. Upon reaching the outskirts of the temple, you're relieved to find a lack of natives and even more relieved to find a lack of human remains, or burning human remains at any matter. Scanning the surroundings, you find the temple entrance seems to consist of three seperate archways. To the left of you is one covered by vines, the drapes of nature having been pulled aside to give a large enough opening for you. Straight ahead lay a massive structure, seemingly the main temple itself, the entrance up several flights of steps, while to the right was a crumbled doorway, a gap at the top only large enough to crawl through somewhat comfortably, but offering no easy way out once inside. The question, of course, is which entrance to take.

    What will you do?
    Thankya for taking us, Fishy. =3

    Bill was a bit surprised by the lack of humans around this area, or at least ones that would halt his progress in ruin exploration. He and Deerling continued toward the ruins until they reached the temple itself, which had multiple entrances. Each of the three ways had a different archway. The one on his left was covered mostly in vines and whatnot, though Bill was uninterested in it. The one to the right however looked like the hardest to enter, just a small space for him to crawl through. The one straight ahead was perhaps the most inviting. After much debate with himself on which entrance to try first, Bill turned toward Deerling.

    "Well, what do you think?" the trainer asked his Pokemon. Deerling just smiled toward the trainer without any word, or any movement. It just stood there, uninterested in the site around them. Probably because this place might be uninteresting to someone as young as the Deer pokemon. He studied each archway with intent. He immediately decided against going through the middle entrance because of how inviting it looked compared to the other two. That way would have already been explored many a time beforehand. The other two held more promise though. One way was covered by vines, which meant less of a chance of people heading through that way, however, the one on the right had crumbled. So that could mean that it was also unexplored due to safety issues of any standard archaeologist.

    Bill looked at the remaining entrances one more time and made his decision. "Deerling, let's go through...this one," he said. The trainer approached the archway on the right. He could crawl through it, but he felt that Deerling probably was a bit too tall for this. He recalled the Pokemon before he started to crawl through the entrance.
    Last edited by Cyber Robert; 17th February 2012 at 2:58 PM.

    Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner


    3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post

    -Posy Field-
    Son_of_Shadows: After some discussion on an adventure, you and Bishop decide to head out on a picnic in the Posy Field, a locale that was as much of a bug magnet as it was a trainer magnet. Indeed, on reaching the field, you found a few trainers and their pokemon with the same idea as you, each with their own pokemon. A hoot from your owl catches your attention as you spot a free site under a couple of small bushes, plop the basket straight down and claim it with your rear, in bliss at the scent of the field as you gingerly open the basket and start laying out the cloth, Bishop fluttering beside you. As you remove some sandwiches and lay them to the side, a strange beetle like pokemon with a horn pops out of the shrubs, looking at you and Bishop curiously. Pondering what the Karrablast is up to, your train of thought parks as the bug swiftly scuttles to the basket and with a flourish of its body hooks the horn onto the basket handle and proceeds to abscond with your lunch! A couple of giggles from nearby at the mishap strikes your pride as a trainer as you and Bishop start to give pursuit to the pint-sized picnic pinching pillbug, whose small stature allows it to slip through some bushes as you fumble through them, leaving you in the middle of a small bushy clearing with no sight of your thief save for a few rustles.

    What will you do?
    "pursuit to the pint-sized picnic pinching pillbug"

    Props on that alliteration. ONWARD!

    The day was ideal for a picnic, and Joshua couldn't have been happier about the way things had turned out for the two. The flowers smelt divine, and as he sat down the basket, the trainer felt at peace. "Ah Bishop mah boi, this peace is what all true trainers strive for!" He grinned at his terrible reference. Bishop was unimpressed. He never was with Joshua's antics.

    But he was not as unimpressed as he was about to be, with a Karrablast appearing from the bushes. It seemed to smell something good, and Joshua wondered whether it wanted something to eat. He was kindly about to offer it a bite (perhaps he could convince it to join him in his travels after all), when he was proved right! The Karrablast rushed out of its cover, nabbed his picnic basket, and darted back off!

    Joshua bit his lip in anger, as the mischievous beetle rushed off with his hard-prepared picnic - he'd slaved over those sandwiches. Of course, he was being somewhat melodramatic about it, but there are some things a man just has to take seriously. "This cannot stand, Bishop! I don't even know how that was possible, but I will NOT stand for it!" The Hoothoot nodded, resolute. He wanted his own food too. The cheeky giggles of some nearby trainers only hardened him. Now he had to reassert his dominance. They chased Karrablast into the bushes, but where could it be? Joshua couldn't spot it himself. But the Hoothoot had sharper eyes than the boy, and he knew that. "Alright Bishop, here's where you shine. Use your Foresight attack to figure out where Karrablast is hiding. Once you've found him, get him with your Hypnosis. That should get us started..."
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Flame Mistress: Your ambitions for a mighty dragon or phoenix thoroughly smashed to pieces and buried by the dex, you and Flare decide that having a dark type handy would be rather useful, and with the thought of a Honchkrow or Mandibuzz on your mind, the two of you head into the rocky road. Taking note that both birds are mostly nocturnal, and the likely chance you'll bump into an annoyed Pidgey instead, you shrug before scaling the pathway, seeking some shelter until night came. Hours pass, and after a tiring climb you eventually find a cavern to recuperate in. Taking a breather, you sit down on some nearby boulders while looking out at the scene before you, smiling to yourself as you behold the beauty that lies to your eyes. Hundreds of birds of all shapes and sizes drifting and soaring in the sky, and not a single one of which is the birds you're looking for. As you rub your eyes, Flare gives you a poke to garner your attention as you look to the direction they're pointing in to find yourself face to beak with a rugged Skarmory, the steel type staring at you with some curiosity as you try hard not to scare it and yourself, just before it breaks eye contact to motion you to what lies behind its nest, a continuing tunnel too small for it, and then points a wing outside, as it gives a groggy squawk. The sleepy and rather powerful Armor Bird either wants you to leave via your entrance or to the cave it can't enter, and preferably with some degree of haste before it loses out on beauty sleep.

    What will you do?
    Just as expected, there were, naturally, no traces of the nocturnal bird Pokémon Charlotte had hoped for in the first place when she first entered the path. It was still in the daytime, after all.*

    Then a new thought came across her mind - to find shelter until the night.*

    Doing that meant that the two of them would have a better chance of the nocturnal Bird Pokémon they were looking for, and with that they started scaling the rocky road (though Flare had no idea that Charlotte had that idea in her head and stopped to stare in awe at the flocks of birds that flew past them).

    After a few hours of climbing, Charlotte and Flare reached a small yet comfortable cavern to stretch their exhausted legs in. Charlotte took a seat on a nearby boulder, and Flare clambered up her knees and settled on Charlotte's laps, and together they looked on at the scenery before them, smiling to themselves dreamily.*

    Charlotte looked up into the skies, and saw hundreds, if not maybe even thousands of bird Pokémon of all shapes and sizes soaring and gliding in the air, every one of them dancing dark spots against the darkening sky, but not one of them resembled the Dark/Flying-Type Pokémon Charlotte had been hoping for.*

    However, Charlotte was soon interrupted from her thoughts when she found herself face to beak with a rugged-looking Skarmory, who was staring at her with some degree of curiosity. It then squawked, albeit in a groggy way, and pointed her steel-clad wing at the entrance of the cave, ordering them to leave. *

    Charlotte turned to look at Flare with a shrug, only to realise that Flare wasn't sitting on her lap anymore, but instead staring at the Skarmory with the exact same curious look that it had looked at Charlotte with. Before she could do anything to stop her, Flare shot out a small ball of fire at the Skarmory with Ember.*

    "No!" Charlotte yelled, but it was too late. Charlotte quickly covered her eyes, afraid to look at the (most probably furious) face of the Skarmory. *
    Last edited by Flame Mistress; 17th February 2012 at 9:56 PM.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post

    -Magus Falls-

    Trainer Andy: Unlike others who had wandered into the falls, you came by yourself, your pokemon nestled in their ball for safekeeping while you battled with your navigation skills and your map. After a short time, you pinpoint your general position as being in Magus Falls, a renowned spot where pokemon flock in numbers for the freshwater lake as well as trainers who enjoy a good picnic. Taking a breather, you study the map closer to try and find whereabouts in the falls you are when a bark from behind you disrupts your concentration and balance resulting in your being in a messy pile. Disgruntled, you turn towards the culprit, which turns out to be a small puppy with brown fur and a hairy tan face, the Lillipup amused by your shenanigans as you get onto your feet and realise to your horror the map's damaged! Giving another yip, the hound beckons towards you playfully as though urging you to give chase.

    What will you do?


    Picking himself up, and dusting himself off, Andy looked at the Puppy Pokemon, then at his tattered map, then back at the Pokemon again. For a moment he felt a pang of annoyance, but it soon passed. Slowly he sighed, and picked up the remains of the map.

    "Oh well, i'm sure even with that thing i'd still ending getting lost anyway," He mused, to himself. He knelt to the ground, bringing himself closer to the Lillipup's eye level. He found that the mischievous look he was being given was hard not to smile back at. "Might as well have some fun doing it."

    "So, you want me to follow you or something?" He asked. It wasn't something he'd normally do, but he found this particular Pokemon quite endearing. It probably had something to do with the fact that he just wanted to reach out and smoosh that small, furry face.

    Pulling himself back to a stand, his smile grew wider. With a renewed energy and sense of excitement, he heading off after the Lillipup.

    "Ok, little one, lead the way!"
    Last edited by Trainer Andy; 19th February 2012 at 8:29 PM.

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  19. #194
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    I'm the flame in your heart.
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    -Magus Falls-
    InnerFlame: As you walk along the scenic route beside the falls with Charm by your side, your mind wanders as to how humans would desecrate the beauty of such a sanctuary of peace for their living needs, the sounds of the land giving you an air of peace as you enjoy the experience. Following the path, the two of you eventually come across a small natural clearing, the result of a few fallen trees which on inspection may have been struck by lightning, however rare storms were here. Taking a rest on one of the logs, you and Charm notice the wild pokemon in the vicinity, a few birds chirping in conversation in one of the trees, a pair of Pikachu playing with a Plusle and Minun, a few Nidoran feeding on berries while their Nidoking parent watches them while keeping an ear on you warily, and one lurking Metagross slap bang in the middle of some bushes keeping a focus on the parent. Hang on...

    "GROOOOOOOOOH!!!"

    The metallic cry of the out of place Iron Leg pokemon scatters the nesting birds and mice, causing the Nidoran to suddenly panic as the Nidoking tries desperately to calm them down as they scarper into the shrubbery. Taking the hint, you and Charm immediately cower behind the log you're on as you peer over, terrified as the mechanical monstrosity hammers towards the Nidoking, its iron cross aglow in cyan energy as the heavyweight builds up momentum before smashing into the off-guard poison type with a devastating zen headbutt, the roar of pain escaping the gentle giant's lungs coming at the same time as the blood that emerged from the impact of the half-ton terror, the ground type immediately crumpling in great pain and gasping desperately as the steel type lumbers back a few steps, crimson eyes aglow with energy as it begins to levitate and bolts sharply round to your position as you cower behind the log, desperately petrified for your life as you and Charm remain silent. After a few tense seconds which seem like hours, the mechanical grunt and rustling of leaves with breaking branches gives you the cue that the Metagross has left, and as you fearfully peek over the log once more, you find the clearing once more calm, only this time the silence is grave with only the wheezing of the wounded Nidoking the sound to your ears.

    What will you do?
    Inner was enjoying the atmosphere of the untouched forest when her path leads her to a small clearing. A few trees that seem to have been knocked down by lightning strike caught her attention for a moment. Her and Charm decided to take a break and took a seat upon one of the logs. Wild pokemon appeared around, not overly wary of the appearance of human and her pokemon that arrive. Two Pikachu along with a Plusle and Minun were happily playing; a small group of Nidoran under the watchful eyes of its parent ate berries. The Nidoking seem cautious of Inner so she decided it was best to keep her distance. A suddenly light hit her eyes just before it happened.

    GROOOOOOOOOH!!!

    An unnatural metallic cry screeched out and Inner’s eyes turned to see a Metagross. A metal-type pokemon out in the middle of the forest was an odd sight not just for her. The bird stood flight, the mice pokemon scattered about in fear and the little Nidoran when into in a panic state. The sudden urgency made the Charmander and the girl duck down behind the log; Charm was a fire-type but that pokemon was way out of her league even with the type advantage. The pokemon took sight on the Nidoking and struck it hard. The poison type painful roars screamed out and blood spurted. Inner was frozen with fear, cowering as the metal pokemon came closer. She held the fire lizard close..... The pokemon seem to have left and the quiet calmness returned and in the area all remain was the injured Nidoking.

    Inner didn’t know what to do, but she knew she couldn’t just leave him how he was. She had some potions but she doubted it would help too greatly. Even using all five of them seem unhelpful in the long run. She thought about storing him in a pokeball and rushing large creature to a pokemon center but she was quite deep in this forest and what about the pokemon’s children. She decided even if it was small, it would probably be better than doing nothing at all. She removed her potion from her bag and slowly began to approach putting her hand in a passive not wanting to fight position up by her head. Charm worriedly followed behind her trainer. He aggressively glared at her an understandable reaction having such a terrible wound.

    “I’m not here to hurt you,” Inner strongly comfirmed that hoping this would get the pokemon to trust her a bit. “I’m just going to use this potion to help with your wound, okay?” The compassion in her voice was all she had to try to get the pokemon to understand her intentions. Charm also spoke to the pokemon trying to convince the Nidoking that they met no harm. All they could really do was pray the pokemon believed their caring gesture.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.





    Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

    During tests people look:
    Up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Eyrie Peak

    Named after the odd shape of the mountain which from a distance resembles an eagle's head, Mt.Eyrie was feared by many ancient tribes who once dwelled in the forest. Because no humans ever set foot upon the mountain, Eyrie Peak has become a haven for bird Pokémon who have made it their nesting ground. Because of this, the recent influx of tourists in the vicinity have their sights set upon this area, specifically in the hope of finding some of the rarer Pokémon in the land. Be warned, the Pokémon nesting here are likely to be fierce and will protect their babies at all costs.

    Posy Field: An area of mountainside filled with many apricorn trees, berry plants, rare herbs and flowers. The strong scents have attracted many bug Pokémon who like to feed on the vast range of delicious nectars in the vicinity.

    "Isn't this a beautiful sight Cyndaquil?" Chad asked his friend. "I think I've earned myself a little rest. That field over there looks inviting." Chad looked over towards the field he spotted. Chad now looked over his shoulder at Cyndaquil, who was perched on his backback with his two front paws on his shoulder now that Chad had finished climbing for the time being. "Well, you like?" he asked.

    "Cynda!" squeaked Cyndaquil, and he pointed with his paw. Cyndaquil jumped off Chad's shoulder, and started walking over to the field.

    Chad followed his little friend. He sniffed the air, and as he moved closer to a clearing in the field, the scents of berries and flowers got stronger and more pleasant. "Wow. It smells so wonderful here." Chad took a deep breath now. The mountain air mixed with the welcoming scents made him smile. He took his backpack off and layed it on the ground, and he too sat down on the soft green grass. "This air alone makes this trip worth it."

    Chad looked around. There was a small grove of trees, growing what appeared to be apricorns. At the base of some of those trees were some berry bushes. He panned around. There were some more berry bushes and also bunches of flowers scattered about. "Cyndaquil! Where'd you run off to?" Chad looked around for his fiery friend.

    "Quil?" Cyndaquil sounded a little annoyed as he popped his head out of a bush.

    "Calm down," Chad chuckled as he answered his Pokemon. "I was just making sure you weren't off causing any trouble," Chad said yawning. "I think this is a great spot. If you want to relax over there just don't light your flame. We wouldn't want to set the field on fire." Chad layed back resting his head on his backpack. He turned his head towards the trees again. "I wonder if any of these apricorns are ready to be picked." Chad looked back up towards the sky. He watched the clouds floating by, and he began to get drowsy.


    Stats
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 21st February 2012 at 6:44 AM. Reason: Forgot a link to my FB stats.

  21. #196
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    -+Eyrie Peak+-

    -Adventure Path-
    Myahoo: Taking a road travelled less, you and Wildfire venture into Eyrie Peak, the crest of the mountain shrouded by the clouds but giving you a vague outline of the eagle-like peak. However, as much as you'd love to see Astoria from the top of the world, you instead decided to stick further down the mountain, along the rocky path spiralling around it with the hopes of finding a feathered friend or two. Inhaling the fresh air, you and your Cyndaquil trudge up the path, admiring the flutter of wings above you as birds of all feathers flit about their business while some of the larger avians give a majestic crow before taking flight. Such is your enamourment with the birds that you fail to notice the path before you taking a sudden turn to the left, just as your foot connects with thin air. Giving a squeak, Wildfire desperately but vainly tries to pull you back as you and the fire type tumble over the edge and roll painfully down the rough cliff before coming to a sudden stop, a sharp burning sensation in your leg causing you to cry out. Looking painfully down, you find your leg a sickly blue at the shin and a constant throbbing ache around it, just as you look towards the rock that stopped you in your tracks.

    A nuzzle by your side by your worried starter directs you towards a rather sizable branch jutting out of the rocks, but a glance before it reveals a steeper cliff and ledge leading above said cliff to the branch. With your movement all but negated by the possible fracture, and with your Cyndaquil by your side, your plan of action is forced as you spot some dark clouds brewing overhead, signifying a storm incoming...

    What will you do?
    The pair strolled contently, following the winding rocky path around the mountain. As they walked, Melissa tilted her head back every time she heard the flutter of wings, grinning widely to see the bird Pokemon take flight. When squawks and caws sounded, she turned to see what sort of Pokemon had made the noise. Every time her attention was caught by some other outburst or sound, she wondered whether she would be lucky enough to get a Pokemon like that; it would be amazing if she could.

    "It would be so cool if we caught one of those Pokemon, right, Wildfire?" she said happily, never taking her eyes off one of the birds about to take flight. The Cyndaquil had actually been watching the path ahead of them from where he sat on her shoulder, slightly worried that his trainer wasn't paying any attention to the road. And it was probably just an unlucky coincidence that had him glancing up to see the Pokemon Melissa was eying at the same moment she took that step into thin air.

    Melissa gave a startled yelp when her foot suddenly met nothing, while the Cydnaquil tried vainly to lean back to get her to fall backwards onto the safety of the road, but they fell forward to tumble roughly down the slope.

    Sky, dirt, sky, dirt, Wildfire!, dirt, sky, dirt, oomph!

    The girl lay winded where they'd stopped, everywhere feeling a little bruised, and just concentrated on breathing. Wildfire had landed on his belly on her chest and scrambled off pretty quickly. Both of them glanced up towards the path they'd fallen off of and Melissa grimaced. "I guess we won't be getting back that way," she murmured, glancing over herself and immediately spotting the blue spot on her leg.

    Cautiously, she reached over the feel the spot and yelped again at the jolts of pain suddenly shooting up her leg. "Owowowowow. Okay, not a good idea," she breathed, pain lacing her voice. A nuzzle in her side had her glancing at her Cyndaquil, who pointed out a branch that would probably help, if she could get to it. "I don't know if I can get there with my leg the way it is, though," she told him, as she bent her knee.

    Using the rock that had stopped her tumble as a crutch, she pulled herself to her feet, making sure to keep all weight off of her injured leg. Slowly, she tried to shift her weight onto her leg, only to immediately shift all weight back. It didn't feel like it would hold and she wasn't going to risk it getting any worse than it already was. A glance toward the sky to check how much daylight they had left showed the coming storm and that wouldn't help her situation at all.

    Melissa threw a scowl at the approaching clouds and started looking around for somewhere to hide during the storm. "Hey, Wildfire, if you see anywhere we can hide in for the storm, tell me, alright?" she informed him, while her own eyes raked the side of the cliff. Maybe she'd be able to find some cave or something to wait the storm out, if she was lucky. If not, well, they still had a bit of time.

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest
    The Mystic Jungle
    Once home to many ancient Astorian clans, its amazing structures have now been completely overrun by thick jungle foliage. Normally a very peaceful place where grass, bug and flying Pokémon thrive, the magical temples of the old kingdom have brought upon strange occurrences to those passing through. Should you find yourself in the incredibly fruitful rainforest, who knows what you may encounter.


    "C'mon, Nav!" TA called to his Treecko as he stepped into the thick jungle. The Tree Gecko Pokémon walked up beside him. The two of them were ecstatic at the thought of their first adventure. "Maybe we'll even catch you a friend!"

    "Treecko!" Nav answered excitedly. Looking around, TA didn't see any Pokémon, but remained hopeful. He had heard about this place, and couldn't wait to see if the rumors about rare Pokémon were true. Continuing to glance around the forest, he heard nothing but the far off cries of flying types, but saw nothing of interest.

    "Maybe there's something off the path a bit," TA reasoned. "I guess wild Pokémon wouldn't be hanging around where lots of people are. What do you think, Nav?"

    "Tree!" The Pokémon said, nodding.

    "Alright then," TA said, looking off into the woods. "We'll look farther in then." His Treecko in tow, he pushed his way into the undergrowth. As he did this, he smiled at his starter. "This'll be great!" he said.

    Stats
    Last edited by Treecko's Awesomeness; 27th February 2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Forgot to hide my signature.

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest
    The Lost Tribes
    The Enchanted Forest is rumoured to be home to some of the most ancient tribes in the land. These tribes have shunned modern society and adapted to the forest so well they've become a part of it, blending into the woods with chameleon-like ease making themselves nigh on impossible to find. There are some who will pay good money for guides to lead them deep into unexplored land, however, as rumours spread of these tribes having access to ancient riches, miracle medicines, and extremely rare Pokémon. Most are simply curious, however, wondering what it must be like to live in seclusion, so explore the forest in the hope of stumbling upon one of these ancient tribesmen.

    The Wicca: A nature-loving peaceful people who worship Pokémon, the Wicca would never dream of using Pokémon to battle. An encounter with this tribe could prove to be the best or worst experience of your life depending, of course, upon your views of their beliefs.
    She'd been walking a while, and suddenly, Ellen stopped and decided to rest. Her rucksack dropped off her back and landed on the ground with a dull thump, and, after pulling a sandwich and cold waterbottle out of it, she sat on top of it, not wanting to get her shorts dirty on the leafy forest floor.

    As she chewed, she pondered on how exactly she'd gotten here. She was currently studying at Hoenn University, and the research task assigned to her by her proffessor was to conduct a study on a tribe of her choice; their cultures and values. Originally, she had not intended to conduct her study here: this was just a stopover point to the northen glacial region where the famous Incagamo tribe resided. But, then, on her first evening here, she overheard a conversation of the numerous tribes that existed in the Forest and the legends surrounding them. What interested her in particular was the Wicca Tribe: she had never encountered people who did not use Pokemon for battle; not only that, but they thought of the act as a sin! She'd spent the next 2 days talking to locals, guides, professors and temporary archaeologists residing in the area about the Wicca tribe, and ultimately decided that their culture, beliefs and values were so different that they would make the ideal topic for the disseration. Not only that, but this region was virtually unstudied in the academic world, and nothing at all was written about the tribes: usually, any research was done on the qualities of the forest and enviornment, which had remained surpisingly pure in a world that was becoming increasingly polluted. To think she would be the first to study these tribes up close!

    But of course, she'd have to find them first. They were rumoured to exist in the western area of the forest - so, once she'd arrived at the entrance, she quickly strayed from the well-beaten path, despite the fact that the guide and local inhabitants of the region had seriously warned against it. Stories existed of other tribes that also resided in the forest, that took much less kindly to visitors: in particular the Cymerian Fortress, which killed anybody that came close to the area. These rumours, and the fact that some people who had ventured on a similar quest as her had never returned, worried her somewhat; but, she took comfort in the fact that she had her pokemon with her, who, she reasoned, would do their utmost to protect her should any danger present itself.

    The sun beat down on the forest. The canopy blocked the light but not the heat, which became trapped once it entered the forest. As a result, it was extremely hot and humid, and Ellen felt sticky and uncomfortable. She'd already stripped down to the bare minimum; shorts and a strappy top; although, she felt uncomfortable doing this, as she was unsure whether it would be disrespectful to meet a member of a native tribe dressed in so little. Mangrove didn't seem to mind the heat, nor the amount of time this was taking: for her, this was heaven; the leaf pokemon snuck bites of tasty jungle leaves and juicy bugs that she saw as they plodded along.

    10 minutes later, and Ellen got up to get going again. She wanted to make the most of the daylight: as soon as evening hit, she knew that it would get dark quickly. Since she didn't know how long it would take to find them, she assumed she would be camping in the forest, and as a result, she'd bought along her tent: Mangrove had agreed to carry this on her back for now because Ellen was too tired. "Mangrove," She turned to her pokemon, who had been grazing on juicy-looking bushes, "We're going to get going now. Keep looking out for any signs of life, okay?" The pokemon nodded and bounded over to her trainer, full of energy and excitement. Once again, they set off.
    Last edited by Golden Mew; 22nd February 2012 at 8:47 PM.
    Fizzy Bubbles Team:
    Mangrove - Bayleef, Lv.27
    Brook - Totodile, Lv.27Aether - Pidgeotto, Lv.25

    Zeus - Flaaffy, Lv.24 Classicle - Pachirisu, Lv.11 Misdreavus, Lv.28
    FB STATS
    [IMG]http://i10.*******.com/6b42bsx.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to Tori845.

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    The Island
    The Island of Astoria contains several areas of interest. Some are more difficult to find than others, but all are worth taking the time to explore - except, perhaps, for the Dead Forest, but even this area contains a perk or two if you're game enough to poke around. Regardless of the area in which you choose to travel, chances are you'll come across one of the many mysterious sites on the island. Whether or not you're a believer in witchcraft, wizardry, voodoo, and magical spells, the mysterious wonders found on this island will surely test your beliefs.

    The Lakes: Many freshwater lakes are scattered around the island, providing essential drinking water. Wild Pokémon encounters are higher near one of the lakes than anywhere else in Astoria.
    "I finally made it! Uh... where am I?" Niles asked himself, as he let Zoomer out of his Pokeball. His heart was pounding and his throat hurt from running. Niles looked around, he was right next to a big lake, surrounded by trees. Zoomer saw Nile's look of confusion and gained some anxiety, Zoomer knew how easy it was for him to do careless things. In fact Niles had been very careless this time.

    After much begging Niles had convinced his parents to let him go on an adventure. This was a very hard thing for them to let him do due to his lack of responsibility. They had arranged for Niles to go with a tour group where he would be constantly supervised by the tour guides. Unfortunately as soon as they had docked at the port Niles saw the forests off in the distance and he just started running. He was always so excited to go off on adventures, and his eagerness had taken over him. Before anyone in the tour group noticed that he had left, he was already halfway through the town. After that he didn't really pay much attention to what was going on and was just full of adrenaline, so he just kept running.

    After a few seconds of taking in the scenery Niles bent to his knees. He had just realized how exhausted he was. How long had he been running for? Niles slowly walked over to the lakeside. He knelt beside the water and cupped his hands into the water to take a drink.


    Stats
    Last edited by YDT; 23rd February 2012 at 2:05 AM.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post

    -Diamond Lake-
    Meetan: Heading into the fields beside the scenic Diamond Lake, you and Swinub had your initial goal in mind, or at least you did. While your less than stellar preparations beforehand left you a little understocked, you still had a degree of bubbly intrigue for the journey you would be undertaking, while it seemed your porcine starter was concerned about finding some dinner, preferably along the lines of a few berries or worms. Darting off into the bushes, you give her a call to be careful before drinking from your bottle, the water within quenching your thirst as you gaze out towards the lake surface, the clear mirror-like image in the sunlight creating small sparkles much like the lake was composed of diamond, giving it the name. Taking in the beauty of it, you opt to have a little seat before heading further along, Swinub returning from nosing around chewing on a small apple, slightly rotten. While to you it was perhaps unpalatable, to a forager like Swinub it would make a good snack and as she begins to ham into it, a ripple in the water catches your lazy eye.

    Focusing on the ripple, you find it to be a simple bug skating along the surface, and as the Surskit gets closer to shore it is only then that you notice the looming shadow above, followed by a mighty screech as the Swellow circles overhead, eyeing up the pond skater as you catch the exasperated look in its eye and realise the bug may be in more danger than expected...

    What will you do?


    Alice watched her Swinub, casually commenting on how she couldn't understand the thing's appetite for rotten food, but that it worked for her. She giggled over its cuteness as he munched away, but soon her attention was drawn to a skittish thing that glided across the water's surface, and the arachnophobe was suddenly quite rigid. Did Surskits count as spiders? They only had four legs, but they resembled them, and they were part bug at the very least. They were sort of cute, too, but they were spidery little buggers. As the Pokemon grew closer to the grass she moved back a great distance, but this only shifted her attention to the Swellow, whole body jumping at its battle cry.

    "Oh my gosh - Swinub!" The teenager called out, looking up. Her many years at a Pokemon Academy as both student and teaching assistant meant she knew what a Swellow was, but the girl withdrew her Pokedex nonetheless, listening to the brief explanation it offered her and clutching tight. The prey had her shaking, but that didn't stop her deciding that this was good practice and that it needed rescuing. "That Swellow's going to eat it - we need to take it down!" She called, and just as her partner finished starters, he looked up, responding with a strong "Swine!"

    "Okay, let's lock on with Odor Sleuth and then follow up with Icy Wind! We have a type advantage!" The new trainer called out, pointing to the evolved bird with her free hand, watching as her Swinub initiated the fight.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •