Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 510

Thread: Astoria's Recorded History

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    The Enchanted Forest is a special place of magic and mystery. It is said this island was created by witches many centuries ago and that powerful magic still emanates from deep within the island itself. Stories abound of a race of magical beings who lived in harmony for many centuries before a great war erupted between good and evil forces which eventuated in the almost complete annihilation of all life in the vicinity. Those who survived are said to have exhausted the remainder of their magic casting regenerative spells upon the land before leaving Astoria to allow the island to rejuvenate itself. Now, centuries later, life has returned to the island. All but one area has flourished, Pokémon have returned, and humans have once again set foot upon its shores. The amazing regenerative powers of this island have led many an adventurer to enter the forest in hopes of unlocking the mysteries within, but few have ever returned. What has become of them is anyone's guess, but of those who have come back all appear to have sworn some kind of secret oath to never reveal anything of what they have learned. This air of secrecy has only served to make people more curious, however, and as a result tourism has flourished in recent years. People are now arriving by the dozen on a daily basis to inject this once tranquil forest with new and vibrant life. Whether the forest is welcoming of this change is another matter, though time will surely tell...


    The Island
    The Island of Astoria contains several areas of interest. Some are more difficult to find than others, but all are worth taking the time to explore - except, perhaps, for the Dead Forest, but even this area contains a perk or two if you're game enough to poke around. Regardless of the area in which you choose to travel, chances are you'll come across one of the many mysterious sites on the island. Whether or not you're a believer in witchcraft, wizardry, voodoo, and magical spells, the mysterious wonders found on this island will surely test your beliefs.

    Island Ports: Several bustling ports have sprouted up in Astoria. The more popular the island becomes, the more entry points are needed which has done wonders for the tourism industry. Currently there are seven ports, two in the north of the land, as well as one each in the south, east, north-east, south-east, and north-west. Each location offers a bar or hotel where you may lodge for the night before venturing off into the unknown wilderness.

    {Yosh! My character's first adventure! Just FYI, some of this first post will have already been done in the shops, and my stats will reflect that; I'm simply RPing it to help introduce my character. So, with that in mind...

    Adventure #1... START!}

    Astoria. A land with a rumored wealth of magic and mystery, many come here to discover some great secret hidden in the depths of this forested island.

    For Hyrem, however, it is simply the setting for the very beginning of his adventure. He took a ferry here, not knowing what the island would be like or even what his first Pokemon was. His father, a retired Pokemon Trainer, simply handed him a Pokeball and a Backpack and told him not to open any of it until he got off the ferry.

    Now, as he disembarked from the ferry and set foot on the port located on the east coast of Astoria, he could wait no longer. He found himself the closest empty bench and sat himself down. His Pokeball was attached to his belt, but before he opened it he decided to go through his backpack and see what was inside it first.

    That's when he discovered the note his father had stashed inside. The note basically explained to him each of the items in his backpack, including the Pokemon Index, or Pokedex for short, a Coin Case to store money, etc. Also on the note, he was instructed to give his new friend a piece of candy and a spoon, twisted at the handle and at the neck, because they would help him create the essential bond with his Pokemon.

    Well, Hyrem thought, it's time! He grabbed the Pokeball from his belt, expanded it, and pressed the button to open it. A flash of white light appeared, jumped right next to him on the bench, and eventually became a small white body with a green cover and red horns on its head. Hyrem chuckled, "You're kinda cute! Now, what kind of Pokemon are you?" He opened up the Pokedex in front of the little Pokemon, and it replied:

    Ralts, the Feeling Pokemon. The horns on its head provide a strong power that enables it to sense people's emotions. If the horns capture the warm feelings of people or Pokémon, its body warms up slightly.

    "Ralts, huh? Well hi there!" Hyrem did as much as he could to convey positive emotions to the Pokemon next to him, and it responded by looking up to him and said, "Ra?" sounding inquisitive.

    Hyrem responded by saying, "It's all right, come closer!" The Feeling Pokemon inched closer and closer to him until it was finally on his lap. Then it looked straight at him, smiled, and said with a soft voice, "Ralts!"

    Hyrem chuckled again and said, "Well, I'm Hyrem; nice to meet you! I think we'll be great friends!"

    "Ralts!" came the reply as she transmitted a warm color into his mind.

    "I'm glad you think that way too! Say, I've got some things for you..." Hyrem unwrapped the Rare Candy and handed it to Ralts. "Here, eat this!"

    Ralts took the candy into her hands and took a small bite of it. She smiled as she ate the rest of the candy. Within a couple of minutes, she was done with the candy, and Hyrem took that as a cue to present her with the Twistedspoon. Ralts took the spoon and smiled again as she started twisting the spoon back the other way.

    "Wow, that was Confusion just now, wasn't it?"

    "Ralts!"

    "Haha, I'm liking you already! The fact that you're so cute helps a lot!" And with that, Hyrem was finally ready to begin. Now, no matter what could possibly come his way, he knew he had a reliable partner to count on. Hyrem took Ralts into his arms, repacked his bag, and started to explore the town.

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    The Divine Woodland
    The Divine Woodland makes up a good 90% of the Enchanted Forest. Normally a very peaceful place where grass, bug and flying Pokémon thrive, the recent boom in tourism has caused the Pokémon who live here to be more cautious of the humans who have begun to invade their natural habitat. There are rumours of strange and magical happenings in this forest and on special nights, under the light of the full moon, who knows what you may encounter...

    Areas:
    Diamond Lake: The largest freshwater lake in the region, Diamond Lake has become a hotspot for those who enjoy water sports. Take a ferry ride, hire a canoe or jet ski, or enjoy a picnic on the shore. A great place for everyone, including families, you're sure to find something to keep you occupied.

    Magus Falls: A lush green area with a large waterfall that overlooks much of the Divine Woodland. You may try riding the rapids to reach the river below but most choose to take the safer option of strolling along one of the forest trails. Very scenic, your chances of running into wild Pokémon here are high as they flock to the area for access to the nearby freshwater lake. A nice spot for a picnic, or just to pass some time.

    Celebi's Shrine: A shrine dedicated to the Legendary Pokémon, Celebi. Under the right conditions, you may be lucky enough to be granted a quest.

    Augur's Temple: An old, abandoned temple. Unidentified symbols line its walls, floors, and ceilings which has attracted the attention of scholars worldwide. Island natives whisper of ancient secrets laying dormant within, but none dare enter its hallowed halls.

    The Labyrinth: Spreading across the boundary of the Divine Woodland and the Dead Forest, the Labyrinth covers approximately 20 hectares of land and is home to some of the most powerful Pokémon in the land. It is recommended you steer clear of the dark side of the Labyrinth at all costs.


    Elliot stretched his arms towards the sun as he welcomed the new day with a yawn. Accompanied by an apathetic-looking sneasel, the boy was ready and eager to start his adventures. He had a folded-up map in the pocket of his black shorts, but was unable to decide where to venture first so resigned it to being something to use 'in case I get lost' and put one foot in front of another. Elliot wanted to avoid the tourists and have a real adventure, after all, so what good was a map and a guide?

    Without even trying, he found himself in the midst of a woodland paved by footpaths and trails. The sound of water gushing quickly downstream close by flooded his ears. Elliot stepped cautiously over a thorny-looking bush, careful not to prick his bare legs on the nettles, and peered downwards. Cool mist from the fast-flowing river dampened his face and blurred his vision through his glasses. It seemed like a good spot for an adventure, but Elliot retreated slightly. Maybe diving into some unknown rapids wouldn't be the best start, he reconsidered.

    Stepping back over the bushes, he turned around only to find that Sneasel was not waiting patiently for him. Of course - what did the boy expect?! He started to panic, his heartbeat increasing. His floppy hair stuck to his forehead from a mixture of humidity, water and sweat. "Sneasel?" he called out, a little uneasily, now scanning the immediate area for the dark-type.

    A fast flicker of red in the corner of his eye made him stop and freeze. "Sneasel?!" he repeated, a little louder and sterner, making every effort not to move a muscle.

    Fizzy Bubbles
    Elliot


    PASBL
    -


    My Anime List



  3. #203
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pokemon World
    Posts
    234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    The Enchanted Forest is a special place of magic and mystery. It is said this island was created by witches many centuries ago and that powerful magic still emanates from deep within the island itself. Stories abound of a race of magical beings who lived in harmony for many centuries before a great war erupted between good and evil forces which eventuated in the almost complete annihilation of all life in the vicinity. Those who survived are said to have exhausted the remainder of their magic casting regenerative spells upon the land before leaving Astoria to allow the island to rejuvenate itself. Now, centuries later, life has returned to the island. All but one area has flourished, Pokémon have returned, and humans have once again set foot upon its shores. The amazing regenerative powers of this island have led many an adventurer to enter the forest in hopes of unlocking the mysteries within, but few have ever returned. What has become of them is anyone's guess, but of those who have come back all appear to have sworn some kind of secret oath to never reveal anything of what they have learned. This air of secrecy has only served to make people more curious, however, and as a result tourism has flourished in recent years. People are now arriving by the dozen on a daily basis to inject this once tranquil forest with new and vibrant life. Whether the forest is welcoming of this change is another matter, though time will surely tell...

    The Divine Woodland
    The Divine Woodland makes up a good 90% of the Enchanted Forest. Normally a very peaceful place where grass, bug and flying Pokémon thrive, the recent boom in tourism has caused the Pokémon who live here to be more cautious of the humans who have begun to invade their natural habitat. There are rumours of strange and magical happenings in this forest and on special nights, under the light of the full moon, who knows what you may encounter...

    Areas:
    Magus Falls: A lush green area with a large waterfall that overlooks much of the Divine Woodland. You may try riding the rapids to reach the river below but most choose to take the safer option of strolling along one of the forest trails. Very scenic, your chances of running into wild Pokémon here are high as they flock to the area for access to the nearby freshwater lake. A nice spot for a picnic, or just to pass some time.
    From far away, the moans of a kid echoes throughout the forest.

    "Yow! Owww! Be more gentle will you? This isn't helping!"

    The Ralts stares at its trainer as it's bandaging up some of the boy's wounds. "You know it wouldn't hurt as much if you would just stop moving! Damn it!"

    Just then, a blue aura envelopes Rey as he suddenly turns stiff as a rock. "Now, if you won't hold still, I'll do it for you. You're not the only getting hurt you know. I'm linked to your emotions, remember? Besides, it's not my fault that you're so clumsy. Now sit still as I-"

    "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWCHHHHH!!!!!!!"

    "Don't be such a cry baby. It feels better now doesn't it?"

    "Yeah, I guess it does. Thanks partner... Now shall we continue our adventure?"

    Rey limps the toward a waterfall with a great site as his friend follows him. It seems they're here for a nice picnic, with some adventure of course, involving some training and hopefully some delightful encounters with this place's wildlife.

    "Wow! All that walking sure payed off, I can't wait to eat later at lunch! This place looks so awesome! It's just how I imagined it! The bird Pokemon chirping, the water flowing, the wind blowing, what a wonderful and peaceful day. This scenery makes it even more inspiring. How about some training to get our appetites going?"

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    1,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    The Enchanted Forest is a special place of magic and mystery. It is said this island was created by witches many centuries ago and that powerful magic still emanates from deep within the island itself. Stories abound of a race of magical beings who lived in harmony for many centuries before a great war erupted between good and evil forces which eventuated in the almost complete annihilation of all life in the vicinity. Those who survived are said to have exhausted the remainder of their magic casting regenerative spells upon the land before leaving Astoria to allow the island to rejuvenate itself. Now, centuries later, life has returned to the island. All but one area has flourished, Pokémon have returned, and humans have once again set foot upon its shores. The amazing regenerative powers of this island have led many an adventurer to enter the forest in hopes of unlocking the mysteries within, but few have ever returned. What has become of them is anyone's guess, but of those who have come back all appear to have sworn some kind of secret oath to never reveal anything of what they have learned. This air of secrecy has only served to make people more curious, however, and as a result tourism has flourished in recent years. People are now arriving by the dozen on a daily basis to inject this once tranquil forest with new and vibrant life. Whether the forest is welcoming of this change is another matter, though time will surely tell...

    Eyrie Peak
    Named after the odd shape of the mountain which from a distance resembles an eagle's head, Mt.Eyrie was feared by many ancient tribes who once dwelled in the forest. Because no humans ever set foot upon the mountain, Eyrie Peak has become a haven for bird Pokémon who have made it their nesting ground. Because of this, the recent influx of tourists in the vicinity have their sights set upon this area, specifically in the hope of finding some of the rarer Pokémon in the land. Be warned, the Pokémon nesting here are likely to be fierce and will protect their babies at all costs.

    Areas:
    Adventure Path: Bustling with bird’s nests, this long and jagged path seems to spiral up and around the mountain leading to Eyrie Peak. Several caverns cluster the trail, all inhabited by flying types.
    "Well, this place isn't as bad as I thought." Cele said to himself, as the mountain placed itself before him and the shadow formed by Eyrie Peak loomed before him. He decided to let some of his team feel the fresh air and beautiful scenery. He quickly grabbed a Pokeball from his belt and enlarged it with the ever so familiar clicking noise and let the Pokemon held inside free. From the flash of white light, a small, gray quadruped Pokemon emerged, shaking off the stiffness from such a confined space. Valerius jumped into Cele's arms, licking his face affectionately. "Hey, Val. Enjoying the place?" Cele asked her. "Lots of space for you to run around." She licked him again appreciatively, then jumped out Cele's arms running around like an energetic little puppy, because she was. Cele laughed a bit, as Valerius tripped over a rock, then unleashed her Swift move on it. "Okay, Val, play time's over let's get going." Cele siad, getting up. "Let's make our way up the mountain. Hopefully, we'll find some low-levelled wild Pokemon to train on, since your low-levelled to. And with that Cele and Valerius made their way up Mt. Eyrie, awaiting the adventure that was held in store for them.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

        Spoiler:- PASBL Record:



  5. #205
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    The Enchanted Forest is a special place of magic and mystery. It is said this island was created by witches many centuries ago and that powerful magic still emanates from deep within the island itself. Stories abound of a race of magical beings who lived in harmony for many centuries before a great war erupted between good and evil forces which eventuated in the almost complete annihilation of all life in the vicinity. Those who survived are said to have exhausted the remainder of their magic casting regenerative spells upon the land before leaving Astoria to allow the island to rejuvenate itself. Now, centuries later, life has returned to the island. All but one area has flourished, Pokémon have returned, and humans have once again set foot upon its shores. The amazing regenerative powers of this island have led many an adventurer to enter the forest in hopes of unlocking the mysteries within, but few have ever returned. What has become of them is anyone's guess, but of those who have come back all appear to have sworn some kind of secret oath to never reveal anything of what they have learned. This air of secrecy has only served to make people more curious, however, and as a result tourism has flourished in recent years. People are now arriving by the dozen on a daily basis to inject this once tranquil forest with new and vibrant life. Whether the forest is welcoming of this change is another matter, though time will surely tell...





    Garden of Iris
    [size=1]This large garden floats high above the rest of the Enchanted Forest. The ground is made up entirely of clouds which magically both supports any amount of weight and can grow many beautiful flowers and trees. It is hidden from view so it is mostly untouched by man. The only way to reach it is to climb up an elusive rainbow that stretches from the ground to the clouds.

    Areas:
    Rainbow Pool: An enchanted pool where no matter what the weather, a beautiful rainbow is always present. Trainers and Pokémon alike visit this pool believing that to drink its water brings good luck.
    Frinth Finally arrives at the edge of the garden, seeing clouds drifting waveringly as thoroughly described by his briefing tablet, with the Fizzy Bubbles description of his chosen location at the top of the Astoria section.

    Breathing in new, unfamiliar scents, he climbs off the towering rainbow ladder and trots off to look for a nice batch of rainbow flowers to be pikced, as he also aspired to start a collection of valuable and indispensable memories and experiences which in his mind's condition, would be easily lost among the narrow shifting corridors forming a labyrinth in his memory. And only his scrapbook would save those experience and light the way back down his old time. He also thought of observing those flowers and experimenting with them back home.

    But He would never know what would happen to him after plucking their buds and stems, yet he took the risk and tried looking around for them and picking them if he ever found any despite the warning thoughts swarming the part of his consciousness which controlled his movement, coming from his conscious reasoning.
    Last edited by Coolz8; 21st May 2012 at 3:32 AM.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pyroland.
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    Eyrie Peak
    Named after the odd shape of the mountain which from a distance resembles an eagle's head, Mt.Eyrie was feared by many ancient tribes who once dwelled in the forest. Because no humans ever set foot upon the mountain, Eyrie Peak has become a haven for bird Pokémon who have made it their nesting ground. Because of this, the recent influx of tourists in the vicinity have their sights set upon this area, specifically in the hope of finding some of the rarer Pokémon in the land. Be warned, the Pokémon nesting here are likely to be fierce and will protect their babies at all costs.

    Posy Field: An area of mountainside filled with many apricorn trees, berry plants, rare herbs and flowers. The strong scents have attracted many bug Pokémon who like to feed on the vast range of delicious nectars in the vicinity.

    "Wow, look at all this!" Megh exclaimed as she broke into a run, dashing over acres of flowers and plants of all shapes, sizes, colours and smells. Jake the Meowth scurried along behind her, prancing to and fro to smell all the smells.
    "Right, then, let's set up."
    Megh carefully selected a sunny, cozy spot to roll out the picnic blanket. Jake busied himself by stuffing various berries into his mouth before joining his trainer. "You look like a Patrat," she remarked. Jake swallowed the berries with a great gulp, and promptly began rummaging through the picnic basket. "Bottomless pit," Megh muttered as she pulled a book from her backpack and lay down on her stomach to read. It was so peaceful and serene, even Jake couldn't resist curling up next to her. "Ahh..." Megh sighed as a warm, relaxed feeling washed over her. The sun felt so nice.
    ~
    "Meowth..." Jake mumbled in his sleep, rolling over to expose his belly.
    "Ah, must be having a nice dream, hm?" Megh mused.
    Only when a group of bugs fluttered past did she remember why she'd planned this picnic in the first place. "Oh, yeah! We were gonna go bug catching!" She slung her backpack over her shoulder. "Jake?" She poked her Meowth in the tummy, who grudgingly stood up and followed his Trainer through the sweet-smelling expanse, on the hunt.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,499

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #01

    As you can see there have been some changes to Astoria. Uhhhhh, Dark Searchman, and I are all updators. Together we've split up those who have been previously updated, and those who have not. My goal is to get updates posted once a week on Thursdays or Fridays. So the sooner you reply, the more often you'll be updated. I'll use a mixture of quick, rapid-fire type updates and something with a little more meat to it depending on where you are, and hopefully you'll end up with a good story. Please remember to use size 1 font and lime green text color. Also please remember to link your stats in your replies unless it's in your sig.

    The Island
    ~Island Ports~

    Mon1010: Not only were you looking for a nice stroll through town, but instead you found yourself getting immersed in a theft. A Teddiursa, carrying a jar, knocked you and your dream-eating friend over as it escaped its pursuers. After getting up and dusting yourself off, you and Shaana approached the two tired men.

    "Excuse me. Did you say something about a thief?" you asked.

    The two men slowly stand up. "Why didn't you go after it?" one man asked a little impatiently. He was still a little out of breath. "That Teddiursa just made off with our last jar of Rawst Berry Balm. It's an effective cure for burns that both humans and Pokemon can use."

    "This is another in a series of thefts from our shop," the other man explained. "Why just last week a Meowth broke in and stole a jar," he looked from you to the other man. "I don't know what's going on, but my guess is there is a Pokemon in the woods by the Forest Lodge to the west of here burning the forest dwellers. At least, the thieves seem to be heading west when they run out."

    "It would be great if something could be done about that. We're unable to go out there ourselves; both of us can't leave the shop. It's bad enough Eric is going to have to make a trip now to Intado's Village to get more Balm to replace what was lost." He pointed to Eric. "Yes, he's Eric, my business partner and brother. I'm Frank Johnson. We run Johnson & Johnson's Pharmacy a little ways down the road."

    "Hey Frank, we should get back to the shop before anyone else rips us off," Eric said turning away. "Plus I have to get ready for my journey to the Village."

    Frank looked back at you. "If you know anyone who could help catch that thief, we'd really appreciate it. I'll be back at the shop." Frank turned and joined Eric walking away.

    While deciding what your next step will be, you're shocked to hear a woman yelling with a panicked voice, "Stop that Teddiursa! We've just been robbed!"

    You quickly spun around to see another Teddiursa run away, holding what looked like a tub of Moo Moo Ice Cream heading west. It seems this port city is getting picked apart by a pack of Pick-Uppers.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: In your haste to get out of town to have your first adventure, you find yourself lost by a lake surrounded by trees. It doesn't bother you much though. It was what you always wanted, to be on a journey by yourself. At this point, you take a red and white sphere out and click it open. With a click and flash of white light, a little white and green Pokemon appears in front of you ready for adventure. Zoomer, your Ralts, notices how nervous you become as you look around. You notice the lake in front of you, clear and blue. Surrounding the lake, mostly, are trees of varying heights and species. Straight ahead and to your right you see a small path.

    You approach the lake now as you continue to take in the scenery and get on your knees to drink some of the water. The water is cool as it fills your cupped hands. It refreshes you, making you realize that the sprint out of town took a lot of energy out of you. Zoomer walks over beside you and watches you. He decides to stick his hand in the water like you, but pulls it out quickly. It must be too cold for Zoomer. You giggle at Ralts' reaction, and then you hear some rustling in the woods off to your left. Out of the woods you see a pink and white creature walk towards the lake. It bends down to drink some water, and you see the yellow flower on its head.

    You watch the Deerling for another moment as it drinks peacefully. All of a sudden, the wind picks up, and a gust of wind blows something puffy out of the woods. The Jumpluff looks like it's out of control as it rides the wind. As if seeing it all happen in slow motion, the Jumpluff collides with the Deerling and knocks it into the lake. The Deerling splashes about, thrashing its legs and crying out loud. The water can't be too deep where it is, but it's obvious the deer is panicked. The Deerling's floundering seems to have attracted some more company, as you see a spiky white dorsal fin breach the surface of the lake and begin to swim towards the commotion. As it gets closer to the Deerling, more and more of it surfaces until you can make out that it's a Blue-Striped Basculin. The Basculin appears very interested in that Deerling, perhaps it's hungry. It seems like things are starting to get intense.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Divine Woodland
    ~Magus Falls~

    uhhhhh: After looking around the area, you decide the Falls is a great place to take some photos. You aim your camera at the base of the waterfall, but you decide that it won't be a great shot. Looking around again, you settle on a spot with a rock on the shore of the river a little ways downstream from the Falls. Again, you decide this shot isn't worth your time. Looking some more you spot a tree with beautiful foilage, but you decide against it because it's too far away. You see some mist coming off the Falls, but it's too close to you. The flower bush you see next is too leafy. You turn yourself around so much you wind up looking upside-down looking for the waterfall.

    All the while, Gaspard is frolicking about having a great time, even snickering at you. After a few hours of no great inspiration, you put your camera away and wonder if you should move on to a different location. All of a sudden you hear a deep, loud buzzing noise. You look over and see a very large bug. After Dex'ing it you realize this Yanmega is much larger than the normal Ogre Darner. Struck with inspiration, you think what a great photo this would make, but Gaspard is having none of it! Gaspard convinces you that the Yanmega is most likely hungry and running is the best course of action.

    You and Gaspard turn and hightail it out of there, and the Yanmega gives chase. It lets out a loud, "YANNNN!" as it buzzes after you. All of a sudden, the Yanmega's wings glow white, and it fires off a Sonicboom at you. The wave of energy flies over your head and off to the right. It collides with a tree, and you see that an attack from such a large Pokemon completely obliterates the tree. You are both able to dodge the large chunks of tree that fly your way with ease. Looking back at the Yanmega, you find yourself still itching with inspriation.

    What wil you do?

    -----------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Celebii151: Approaching Adventure Path, you pause for a moment to take in the sights. Before you is Eyrie Peak and all its splendor casting its shadow on you. Behind you, you can see some of the trees in the surrounding forest. It’s a beautiful day, although, it’s a touch on the warm side. There is not a cloud in the sky, so the shade is refreshing after your hike to the Path.

    You decide, on this trip, to let your newly acquired Poochyena out to stretch her legs. Happy to see her master, Valerius hops into your arms and gives you an appreciative kiss on the cheek. Looking around at all of this open space, she leaps from your arms and begins to run around playfully. For a little while you watch her being the happy puppy bursting with energy that she is. The thought of playing fetch with her crosses your mind, but it is instantly interrupted when Valerius trips on a rock. Eager for revenge on the rock, she fires off a stream of spinning yellow stars on it. Being a rock, the Swift attack did not much else other than appease Valerius.

    Just as you both decide to continue your journey, a small brown bunny pops out of a nearby bush. The fluffy-eared bunny hops over to Valerius and inspects her, all the while, giggling bashfully. Once it determines you don’t mean it any harm, the Buneary bats its eyes at Valerius and blows her a kiss. Little pink hearts emanate from Buneary’s mouth and surround Valerius. They all spin for a bit before dissipating, and from the look on Valerius’ face (heart-shaped eyes and tongue hanging out), she’s pretty attracted to the Buneary. Buneary giggles once more before hopping off.

    Valerius shakes off the attraction effects and immediately begins to chase Buneary. The bunny leads the Bite Pokémon down a nearby hill and into a wooded area. You, of course, also chase Valerius into the wooded area. Dodging trees along the way, you manage to catch up with Valerius, who is still pursuing Buneary. At some point you both cross through a large gap in a fence, as if it was an unfinished portion. When you finally convince Valerius to stop running, you look around. The clear blue skies are now only poking through the green, leafy ceiling of the woods.

    You’ve managed to leave openness of the path and enter the woods due to chasing a Buneary, who seems to have disappeared from Valerius’ view. What will you do?
    ---------------------------------------------------

    myahoo: As you seek to aim to new heights while journeying along Adventure Path, you fall flat off the side of the cliff. Looking up at the cliff where you fell, you realize that path is now inaccessible.

    You reach over to a bluish-purple spot on your leg and scream in pain once your hand makes contact. Wildfire gets your attention by nudging you. He shows you a branch that you possibly could use as a crutch, but the branch may be a bit further away than you'd like. Searching the immediate area yields a large rock, the same rock that broke your fall and possibly your leg or ankle you surmise. Using the rock, you are able to get back on your feet, putting your weight on your good leg.

    Judging by the time of day, you decide that it may be best to find somewhere to get your leg looked at; but you also see storm clouds gathering in your area. The large grey clouds above are signaling to you that a particularly heavy storm will begin in the near future. You begin to hear thunder rumbling in the distance. You start looking around for some form of shelter, also asking Wildfire to help look.

    You hobble over to that branch Wildfire found for you, and with a little finesse you are able to claim it as your own to help you walk. You turn your attention back to the mountain and begin walking along your new path, all the while, keeping an eye on the path to avoid further tumbles. The wind begins to pick up a little indicating the impending storm is getting closer. The thunder now gets a little louder. You try your best to hasten your search but make sure you don't injure yourself further.

    All of a sudden you hear Wildfire squeal out. You look to him, and he's pointing towards the mountain. You make out an opening and instantly change your course heading for the cave. Finding the cave was perfect timing as you start to feel raindrops sporadically hitting you and dotting the ground. You just enter the cave protecting you from the rain that's falling steadier now and peer inside. You don't find any unsuspecting Pokemon in the cave, so you decide to move a little further in. As you move in, the cave gets darker; the lack of light outside due to the storm doesn't help matters.

    Sufficiently inside, you find a flat rock you can rest on. After a few moments, you hear what sounds like chirping coming from further in the cave. The chirps sound a little frantic, almost panicky. It sounds like you and Wildfire are not alone. Due to the storm outside, which is now pouring rain and blustery winds with some rumbles of thunder, you are pretty much stuck inside to ride it out.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    myrrh: After enjoying the view from atop the waterfall, you decide it's now time to get down. The thought of catching a new Pokemon or finding something as equally valuable. You are faced with two different paths. To the left, you see a crudely made path that leads to a system of caves. To the right, the great chance of death, or something just as bad. Your thoughts of self-preservation dictate that you should go left.

    You and Volts begin walking to the left, to the nearby cave. Still as hyper as ever, Volts continues to lead the way and enters the cave first. You cautiously follow. As you enter the cave, the light begins to fade. Most of the sound, aside from the occasional dripping of water, is drowned out by the rushing sound of the falls on the outside of the cave. You lose your footing on the wet cave floor, but you manage to stay standing. Although you can't see Volts too easily in the darkening cave, you can hear him making noise as he explores the cave.

    Eventually the two of you come to what appears to be a fork in the cave. From what you can make out with the little light available to you, the path to the right seems to show signs of light. The path to the left seems to go further into the mountain.

    Given another choice of paths, which will you choose?

    ----------------------------------------------------------

    The Lost Tribes
    ~The Wicca~

    Golden Mew: On a whim, you decided to change your trip to research your dissertation from a colder climate to this tropical one thanks to some stories you heard at a pub in town. Now as you walk through the Enchanted Forest in search of the Wicca, you wonder if you made the right choice choosing this heat over cooler temperatures. Even in a forest that's keeps you consistently covered in shade, you were feeling quite uncomfortable from the heat and humidity. Mangrove seemed happy; she loves this climate. After a few hours of walking, you stop and rest. You take a sandwich and a cool bottle of water out of your bag before you sit on it to stay clean.

    While you nourish yourself, you think about why you chose to study the Wicca Tribe. You were amazed by their culture, how they don't use Pokemon to battle, instead they were at peace with each other. It was something you had never imagined was possible in the world. Luckily you were able to find some bits of information from the locals and even some of your professors. You were told they live in the western area of the forest, which is the exact direction you went when you entered the forest.

    Once you finished your sandwich, you decide it was time to return to your search. You signal to Mangrove to follow and ask her to keep an eye open for anything out of the ordinary. Roughly another hour more of walking, and Mangrove nibbling on nearby leaves, you come to a clearing. You see a crudely made fence, which runs from your right many yards to your left also many yards. You don't see much on the other side of the fence, mostly an open field with a small portion of the forest included and the same style of fence on the far end. Deciding someone had built this fence, you go left looking, hoping you find out who built the fence.

    No sooner than you finish that thought, you see what looks like a point starting to get larger and triangular. As you get closer to it, you realize you're looking at a pair of tee pees. With your focus on the tee pees, you forget about what's in front of you and walk into a fence post. All of a sudden you hear something grunting in front of you. You look and see a bull, a few yards in front of you, dragging a hoof on the ground, getting ready to charge. The Tauros moos loudly, as if he's giving a warning.

    That Tauros, about to charge, appears to be a threat, but he's behind a fence. Should you run away? You also found some tee pees. They could be worth checking out. What will you do?
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 28th May 2012 at 3:26 AM.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    Named after the odd shape of the mountain which from a distance resembles an eagle's head, Mt.Eyrie was feared by many ancient tribes who once dwelled in the forest. Because no humans ever set foot upon the mountain, Eyrie Peak has become a haven for bird Pokémon who have made it their nesting ground. Because of this, the recent influx of tourists in the vicinity have their sights set upon this area, specifically in the hope of finding some of the rarer Pokémon in the land. Be warned, the Pokémon nesting here are likely to be fierce and will protect their babies at all costs.

    Adventure Path: Bustling with bird’s nests, this long and jagged path seems to spiral up and around the mountain leading to Eyrie Peak. Several caverns cluster the trail, all inhabited by flying types.
    Charm continued marching through the jagged path, stopping for a moment to wipe a sweat off his brow and give his legs a rest. He looked to his side to find his trusty Sneasel, Osage, looking as calm, cool, and collected as ever. Charm merely sat down on a decently big stone, reaching into his backpack to pull out a bottle of water. After taking a few gulps he looked to his companion once again.

    "Here, you should have some too," he offered. Osage merely looked away, such a travel is apparently nothing for this Sneasel.

    "Well, suit yourself," Charm took a couple more sips. "We might run into some bird pokemon here, so stay alert. I know we haven't had a chance to get to know each other since the trade, but here's our chance." The thought of running into new opponents seemed to raise the Sneasel's attention, but he seems disinterested in learning to bond with his new trainer. Charm gave a slight frown and continued, "Anyways, we should keep moving. Those bird pokemon aren't going to catch themselves," Charm said, rising from the boulder before continuing to hike along the Adventure Path with Osage steadily following.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island


    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    myrrh: After enjoying the view from atop the waterfall, you decide it's now time to get down. The thought of catching a new Pokemon or finding something as equally valuable. You are faced with two different paths. To the left, you see a crudely made path that leads to a system of caves. To the right, the great chance of death, or something just as bad. Your thoughts of self-preservation dictate that you should go left.

    You and Volts begin walking to the left, to the nearby cave. Still as hyper as ever, Volts continues to lead the way and enters the cave first. You cautiously follow. As you enter the cave, the light begins to fade. Most of the sound, aside from the occasional dripping of water, is drowned out by the rushing sound of the falls on the outside of the cave. You lose your footing on the wet cave floor, but you manage to stay standing. Although you can't see Volts too easily in the darkening cave, you can hear him making noise as he explores the cave.

    Eventually the two of you come to what appears to be a fork in the cave. From what you can make out with the little light available to you, the path to the right seems to show signs of light. The path to the left seems to go further into the mountain.

    Given another choice of paths, which will you choose?

    ----------------------------------------------------------

    "You're lucky you are so small and close to the ground Volts. You can't get hurt very badly if you slip and fall like the way I nearly am over here. Why are you stopin-oh, another fork huh. Well, I let you lead the way into the falls, then I chose to go here back at the other fork, so I guess it's your turn again buddy. Which way should we go?"

    Again Volts went back and forth between the choices and couldn't seem to decide where to go. After a little while the pokrmon finally decided that they should go left.

    "So we aren't going towards the light then? That's okay I guess, we went left last time and that didn't seem to bad. Let's go." Volts was already starting to lead the way midway through Myrrh's sentence. Off they went further into the mountain...

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    1,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Celebii151: Approaching Adventure Path, you pause for a moment to take in the sights. Before you is Eyrie Peak and all its splendor casting its shadow on you. Behind you, you can see some of the trees in the surrounding forest. It’s a beautiful day, although, it’s a touch on the warm side. There is not a cloud in the sky, so the shade is refreshing after your hike to the Path.

    You decide, on this trip, to let your newly acquired Poochyena out to stretch her legs. Happy to see her master, Valerius hops into your arms and gives you an appreciative kiss on the cheek. Looking around at all of this open space, she leaps from your arms and begins to run around playfully. For a little while you watch her being the happy puppy bursting with energy that she is. The thought of playing fetch with her crosses your mind, but it is instantly interrupted when Valerius trips on a rock. Eager for revenge on the rock, she fires off a stream of spinning yellow stars on it. Being a rock, the Swift attack did not much else other than appease Valerius.

    Just as you both decide to continue your journey, a small brown bunny pops out of a nearby bush. The fluffy-eared bunny hops over to Valerius and inspects her, all the while, giggling bashfully. Once it determines you don’t mean it any harm, the Buneary bats its eyes at Valerius and blows her a kiss. Little pink hearts emanate from Buneary’s mouth and surround Valerius. They all spin for a bit before dissipating, and from the look on Valerius’ face (heart-shaped eyes and tongue hanging out), she’s pretty attracted to the Buneary. Buneary giggles once more before hopping off.

    Valerius shakes off the attraction effects and immediately begins to chase Buneary. The bunny leads the Bite Pokémon down a nearby hill and into a wooded area. You, of course, also chase Valerius into the wooded area. Dodging trees along the way, you manage to catch up with Valerius, who is still pursuing Buneary. At some point you both cross through a large gap in a fence, as if it was an unfinished portion. When you finally convince Valerius to stop running, you look around. The clear blue skies are now only poking through the green, leafy ceiling of the woods.

    You’ve managed to leave openness of the path and enter the woods due to chasing a Buneary, who seems to have disappeared from Valerius’ view. What will you do?
    Just beginning his adventure in Eyrie Peak, Cele witnessed Valerius attack a rock for some strange reason. Cele laughed a bit at this before heading out. It wasn't long before a bipedal rabbit-like creature hopped up in front of them, trying to Attract Valerius, the move ending in success, confirming the Buneary as a male. Cele quickly grabbed his blue and silver Pokedex and looked up Buneary. The Pokedex began to talk in a nasal tone, Buneary, the Rabbit Pokémon. Its ears are always rolled up. They can be forcefully extended to shatter even a large boulder. "Whoa, this cute, harmless little thing can smash boulders? Interesting." Buneary giggled and hopped off into the distance, Valerius in hot pursuit of the Rabbit Pokemon. Eventually, they ended up in a forest, with the Buneary nowhere in sight. Valerius looked around hopefully, thinking that she might have a chance of finding it. Realizing that the Buneary was gone, she growled angrily. "Val, according to the 'Dex, Buneary can have the ability Run Away. Plus, this is Buneary's home turf, there's no hope of finding it now. In the meantime, maybe we should explore more of this forest..."
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

        Spoiler:- PASBL Record:



  11. #211
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    The Enchanted Forest is a special place of magic and mystery. It is said this island was created by witches many centuries ago and that powerful magic still emanates from deep within the island itself. Stories abound of a race of magical beings who lived in harmony for many centuries before a great war erupted between good and evil forces which eventuated in the almost complete annihilation of all life in the vicinity. Those who survived are said to have exhausted the remainder of their magic casting regenerative spells upon the land before leaving Astoria to allow the island to rejuvenate itself. Now, centuries later, life has returned to the island. All but one area has flourished, Pokémon have returned, and humans have once again set foot upon its shores. The amazing regenerative powers of this island have led many an adventurer to enter the forest in hopes of unlocking the mysteries within, but few have ever returned. What has become of them is anyone's guess, but of those who have come back all appear to have sworn some kind of secret oath to never reveal anything of what they have learned. This air of secrecy has only served to make people more curious, however, and as a result tourism has flourished in recent years. People are now arriving by the dozen on a daily basis to inject this once tranquil forest with new and vibrant life. Whether the forest is welcoming of this change is another matter, though time will surely tell...

    The Divine Woodland
    The Divine Woodland makes up a good 90% of the Enchanted Forest. Normally a very peaceful place where grass, bug and flying Pokémon thrive, the recent boom in tourism has caused the Pokémon who live here to be more cautious of the humans who have begun to invade their natural habitat. There are rumours of strange and magical happenings in this forest and on special nights, under the light of the full moon, who knows what you may encounter...

    Areas:
    Magus Falls: A lush green area with a large waterfall that overlooks much of the Divine Woodland. You may try riding the rapids to reach the river below but most choose to take the safer option of strolling along one of the forest trails. Very scenic, your chances of running into wild Pokémon here are high as they flock to the area for access to the nearby freshwater lake. A nice spot for a picnic, or just to pass some time.
    Stunning.

    Levin had travelled a bit by now. His journeys had taken him through dense forests, freezing glaciers, lively commerce ports... but Magus Falls was the most impressive sight he had laid eyes on yet. He could only imagine how much more impressive it would be gazing up from the river below, but he wouldn't risk going through the rapids to find out sooner. Well, it had crossed his mind, but Minccino looked at him with that unmistakable stare that read "don't even think about it".

    I have to admit she's right, though. I don't have any Pokémon that can use Surf, so manoeuvring through the rapids would be suicide. And the whole team feels more comfortable fighting on firm ground... Well, I think. Gible and Elekid haven't even had their first battle yet, they're newborns.

    With that, he had opted to make his way through the trail that ran alongside the rapids, through a lush forest created by the ever clean, running water. The atmosphere was pleasant, and for a change, just walking around and exploring without destination gave him a sense of genuine freedom that he hadn't felt in a while.

    Life's good.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 1

    All right! I bid my group welcome to Astoria, whose mountains and trees provide a sense of adventure and a wealth of magical wonders! Now that Jolteonjak has posted for his group, I figure I might as well pop in and begin more adventures in addition to continuing some adventures Fishyfool started. Most likely I will update weekly, but if you reply often I may update more often. My updates will vary in length depending on how much you give me to work with and how much I feel you need to know. Some may be more of a rapid-fire length while others may have more to it. Should you find yourself excluded from Jolt's group and mine, know that your fate belongs to our third updater, Uhhhhh. He is working on your updates as I speak, so just sit tight a little longer!

    Now for the all important rules:
    -Please reply in size 1 limegreen font as is standard for this zone.
    -Please have a link to your stats either in your signature or somewhere in your post.
    -Any items you use in your replies, including potions and Pokeballs, should have a link to the post where you obtained them. Also, please state which item it is; for example, if it is the fourth Pokeball out of five, you would add a (4/5) next to the item.
    -Please bold any attacks you have your Pokemon use, so it's easier for me to see the attacks being used. You may use up to three attacks; using items takes up one round, but a held item can activate
    -Follow FB rules, as usual.
    -Most importantly, have fun!

    So with that out of the way, strap yourselves in and hang on!




    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    Nerubi – {You went a little too far in your reply when saying you saved Petilil, so I'm backtracking to make things more interesting. For future reference, it's often best to reply with your immediate reaction to something that happens. For example, in your case, I would've finished my reply by saying that Wyu swam out to save Petilil, then I would wait for my updater to tell me what happens. You never know when a situation can change, and your character is about to learn that lesson in spades... >=D }

    After coming from so far away to the beautiful Magus Falls, you simply wanted to relax and take in the scenery while you watched Wyu play around in the water. A Petilil wanted to do that very same thing too, but… well, since they only weigh about 14 lbs. on average, they can be caught up in a breeze pretty easily. Not as easily as a Cottonee or a Hoppip can, but enough so there’s the chance of them ending up in a rough situation like this one was. And even though the pool it landed in was only about two feet deep, you could tell it was in danger of drowning, so you decide to rescue the poor Grass-type. Since Wyu was closer, you tell him to swim up to the Bulb Pokemon and bring it out of the water.

    However, you and Wyu were not the only ones to notice the peril of the Petilil. All that splashing and flailing it did had attracted a predator. As you oversee the rescue, you notice a dark shadow come down the river and into the pool. Just before Wyu got to Petilil, you both see the gaping mouth of a Whiscash come up to the surface, engulf the helpless Pokemon’s face, and return to the water. As if Petilil wasn’t in enough danger already! Thankfully, the water was clear so you could see the Whiskers Pokemon at the end of the pool, but you had to act fast if you wanted to save Petilil!

    What will Samidare do?


    InnerFlame – {Normally I'd ask you to link your Potion to the post where you obtained it, but I'm circumventing it anyway, so I'll overlook it this time.}

    Forests like this can be very peaceful… except when a rampaging Metagross comes in to wreck the mood. This one dealt a heavy blow to a Nidoking before moving on, while all you and Charm could do was hide behind a log and watch, holding back a few screams so you wouldn’t be discovered by the Steel-type. When you knew Metagross was gone, you figured you had to do what you could, even if it was small, to help this poor Nidoking. As you approach the Nidoking, you see a male Nidoran come out of the bushes, worried about his father. He sees you and growls at you in addition to the Nidoking glaring and growling at you, the latter being more dangerous and more likely to do something unpredictable, especially now that one of his children was there. You try to assure them that your intentions are good as you hold your hands up with one of them holding a Potion, but as you move closer, you suddenly hear someone shout, “No!! Don’t touch it!!”

    You turn to see a man dressed in a green jacket and khakis accompanied by a Slowking. Both of them run towards you and the distressed Nidoking while the man says, “Nidoking have an ability called Poison Point; if you touch one, you risk getting poisoned!” They finally reach your position as the man continues, “Besides, that Potion of yours won’t help much on it.” He turns to his partner and says, “Slowking, use Heal Pulse.” The Royal Pokemon nods and channels green energy out of his hands and into Nidoking, healing it and calming the Poison-type down while his son watched, still worried. While the Slowking was healing the Nidoking, the man approaches you with a smile, saying, “I can appreciate what you were doing, it was very noble of you, but everything’s going to be fine now. My name’s Willis, and I’m a Pokemon Ranger around these parts. Now, can you tell me what happened around here?”

    What will Inner do?


    Thorndrop – {In the future, please state the specific area your character starts off in; otherwise, we updaters won't know where to go with your adventure. I was able to place you in Magus Falls mainly because you specified rapids, but other than that I wouldn't have had a clue where you were.

    Also, I'd like to decide whether or not you and Sneasel get separated instead of seeing you two already splitting up and being forced to work from there. I worked with it a little this time, but please be careful about that in the future. Thanks! =) }

    Unlike many folks who come to Astoria, you wished to avoid the trap of tourism in favor of starting off your career as a trainer with some excitement. The map in your pocket, you felt, was useless unless you were in a pinch. To start off, you found yourself in some woodlands with the sound of a raging ravine calling your name close by. You took care to step on any thorny bushes in your path so your shoes would be torn to pieces instead of your legs as you come up to an area of whitewater. The mist spraying from the rapids fogged up your glasses, and while jumping in would certainly bring adventure, you thought better of it. Starting things off in a hospital… not a good thing.

    You figured your Sneasel would stay behind and wait for you, but when you turned around, you saw that he had followed your example and went off to do his own thing. You call out to him, but, of course, no answer. You start to panic as you wonder where he’d gone off to and return to the trail to look for him. You thought you might’ve seen a flicker of red, but he was nowhere to be seen. After frantically searching for fifteen minutes, you hear multiple caws of “SPEAAAAAAAAAAA!” A few moments later, you see your Sneasel run back up to you looking like he really regretted doing something. And he’s followed by three ticked off birds with red beaks and wings! You look back at Sneasel, and you find bits of egg on his face. Aha! It’s not hard to put two and two together after that! Your Sharp Claw Pokemon must’ve been hungry and, being an egg-eater by instinct, decided that Spearow eggs were a very delectable item on today’s menu. As a result, you have three Tiny Birds that decided revenge is a dish best served a la cold Sneasel meat! Well, this was Sneasel’s mess, and it was up to you to help clean it up somehow.

    What will Elliot do?



    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress

    It was nighttime on Adventure Path, and you were sitting at the edge of a cavern hoping to find a Murkrow flying around or a Vullaby walk by, but all the birds you saw were everything but Murkrow and Vullaby, and you started to get discouraged. Little did you know that you were sitting in the same cavern where a Skarmory was nesting. It looked a little too sleepy to want to pick a fight with you and Flare, so it used its wing to show you the door, and it was willing to call it good from there. Flare, however, looked at Skarmory and… maybe she wanted to play with it, but for some reason she spit some Embers straight into the Steel-type’s face. You tried to stop Flare, but it was too late, and so you covered your face because you were expecting Skarmory to be furious. It didn’t get burnt, nor did it go into full-on attack mode like you thought it would, but it was waking up and losing patience. It Leered at your Vulpix, saying “Skarr Skarrrrrr…” probably telling her it was willing to give you two one last chance to leave; otherwise, it would probably show you no mercy.

    What will Charlotte do?



    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    This was supposed to be a picnic for you and Bishop, not for a cheeky little Karrablast! You took some quality time to prepare your sandwiches, and after having your delicious food stolen and hearing some stifled giggles of quite a few onlookers, you were determined to track this bug down and get your food back. Karrablast certainly wasn’t going to make it easy as you lost it in the midst of some bushes. However, you order Bishop to use Foresight, and, through his enhanced vision, he’s able to spot the Clamping Pokemon in the middle of the bushes, ready to guard its- sorry, I mean your lunch if it needed to. Bishop jumps in, but Karrablast was ready for it as it Leered straight at your Hoothoot; this was Karrablast’s lunch that it stole, and it wasn’t about to share with anyone else. Bishop thought twice for a second and lowered its defenses, but it continued your orders and returned the Leer attack Karrablast gave with a more… Hypnotic stare. Unfortunately, the bug Pokemon didn’t really find it mesmerizing and moved in to attack, its horn Pecking into Bishop’s side which caused Bishop to hoot in pain and jump back out of the bushes. Seems like this bug is not only cheeky, but feisty too! It didn’t look like it caused a lot of damage, but with Bishop’s lowered defenses you wouldn’t want this battle to get too physical.

    What will Joshua do?


    Jolteonjak

    Boy, was it worth climbing this mountain! You and your Cyndaquil agreed that Posy Field was a little piece of heaven for trainer and Pokemon alike. Flowers, berries, apricorns, all sorts of plants grew here. Of course, you felt that the refreshing mountain air alone made this place worthwhile. You weren't the only one, of course; Posy Field was a popular spot for picnics and bug catching, though today this place wasn't nearly as populated as it could be. After checking on Cyndaquil to make sure he wouldn’t wander too far off or get himself into some other kind of trouble, you decide this would be a great place to relax; maybe some of those apricorns would be ripe for the picking when you woke up.

    About an hour or two later, you wake up to your Cyndaquil poking you, and you see a Teddiursa in the direction Cyndaquil’s pointing to. “Ursa!” the cute Little Bear says to you, then it runs into the midst of the trees, stopping to wave its hand to you with an "Urr saa saa!" Maybe it wants you to follow?

    What will Chad do?


    Megh

    Posy Field is a really good place for a picnic, and that was what attracted you and Jake. The flowers around here were known for their aromas, and you could see a couple of Bellossom dancing around the meadow, and they knew how to put on a good performance. You weren’t the only one with the idea to have a picnic here; quite a few people from all around Astoria and even from other lands were enjoying the scenery on their own picnic blankets. Once you were finished setting up, your Meowth joins you having stuffed himself with Berries already and was ready for even more food as he stuffed his head into the picnic basket. But, as you start to settle in, Jake decides your company is more important than food and curls up to snuggle with you.

    Then some Butterfree fly above, and you recall that you wanted to do some bug catching. With that in mind, you wake up Jake and get yourself ready. As you walk through the meadow, you see more people relaxing in the meadow, a Cyndaquil playing in some bushes, and some people up and about, including a trainer and his Hoothoot focused on some other bushes, but you can’t tell what would be of interest there and move on. You then come across another bushy area and see three different things poking out. One of them looks round and Y-shaped. Another looks like a round ball with a large thorn poking out of it, and then you see two yellow thorns jutting out of another bush. All of them looked extremely out of the ordinary for these bushes… maybe they were Bug Pokemon? If they were, you’d probably be able to only go for one of them before the rest got away... and there was no guarantee they were Bug Pokemon at all. Of course, you could always ignore them; you may be able to find some rarer bugs later on…

    What will Megh do?



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8 – {In the future, please link to your stats either in your post or your signature so I have easy reference to them. Thanks! =) }

    Considered a “heaven” of Astoria, the Garden of Iris is said to reside in the clouds. The air up here isn’t as thin as you thought it would be, the quantity and quality about as good as it was in the forests below. The plethora of scents up here is foreign to anyone who entered here for the first time, and each scent was as pleasing as the next one, bringing you into a roller coaster of nirvana. You barely had any time to enjoy one scent until the next therapeutic scent shoved its way through the one before it, but enjoy each and every scent you did. Your mission: to feast your eyes on the rare rainbow flowers that exist nowhere else and collect a bunch of them, a few to be stored into your scrapbook in an attempt to cement any memories of this place that may slip away from you in the future and maybe more to perform experiments on, if you were fortunate to obtain that many.

    As you approach Rainbow Pool, you believe this to be a likely spot to find these colorful flowers. So far, however, you see every flower but the rainbow flower you desire. Still, the flowers here are pretty unique, so you decide to pick a few of them so you at least don’t leave empty-handed should you fail in your quest. But, when you try to pick a red rose with a blue rose next to it, you hear a cry come from it, then some Powdery substance shoot from it. Your reaction is to try to hold your breath, but it’s… *yawns* too late, as you… find yourself… *yawns again* oh dear, excuse me… very Sleepy. Maybe… it’s fine… to just… take a… nmmm… zzzzzzzzzzz…



    Hm? Oh man, I’m sorry, I must’ve dozed off! Anyway, you wake up in a warm, cozy bed inside a log cabin. You see a beautiful girl sitting at the bedside, and she notices you waking up and says softly, “Oh, um, you’re awake! I’m sorry, I saw you put to sleep by a Roselia, and I couldn’t just leave you there, so I had my Ludicolo bring you here…” The Ludicolo waves at you and says, “Colo!” You notice your rescuer looking down at the floor holding her hands together.

    What will Frinth do?

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pyroland.
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post

    Megh

    Posy Field is a really good place for a picnic, and that was what attracted you and Jake. The flowers around here were known for their aromas, and you could see a couple of Bellossom dancing around the meadow, and they knew how to put on a good performance. You weren’t the only one with the idea to have a picnic here; quite a few people from all around Astoria and even from other lands were enjoying the scenery on their own picnic blankets. Once you were finished setting up, your Meowth joins you having stuffed himself with Berries already and was ready for even more food as he stuffed his head into the picnic basket. But, as you start to settle in, Jake decides your company is more important than food and curls up to snuggle with you.

    Then some Butterfree fly above, and you recall that you wanted to do some bug catching. With that in mind, you wake up Jake and get yourself ready. As you walk through the meadow, you see more people relaxing in the meadow, a Cyndaquil playing in some bushes, and some people up and about, including a trainer and his Hoothoot focused on some other bushes, but you can’t tell what would be of interest there and move on. You then come across another bushy area and see three different things poking out. One of them looks round and Y-shaped. Another looks like a round ball with a large thorn poking out of it, and then you see two yellow thorns jutting out of another bush. All of them looked extremely out of the ordinary for these bushes… maybe they were Bug Pokemon? If they were, you’d probably be able to only go for one of them before the rest got away... and there was no guarantee they were Bug Pokemon at all. Of course, you could always ignore them; you may be able to find some rarer bugs later on…


    What will Megh do?


    "Hmm..." says Megh. It would be nice to have some rarer bugs, but with her impatient nature, Megh decides to try for one of the mysterious bush-dwellers. "Jake," she whispers, as to not scare them away, "surprise them with a Growl, then open up with a Bite on the Y-shaped one. But be sneaky, make sure you're in close enough before Growling, so you can catch it if it runs. Ready?" Jake nods, eager to battle and stretch his legs after a nice meal and nap. "Okay." She reaches into her Bag and produces a Pokeball, the first of two. Adrenaline rushes through her veins. Her first battle! Her first step on the way to becoming a Pokemon Master! She can hardly surpress a huge grin as she instructs Jake, "Now!"

    The little cat slinks over to the edge of the bushes on his belly, hissing softly, his whiskers tingling. Megh tightens her grip on the Ball. What if something goes wrong? What if Jake gets beaten? What- She shakes her head, clearing the bad thoughts. Win or lose, this would certainly be a battle to remember. Her arm muscles tighten, getting ready to throw the ball. "OK, Jake, go!"
    Jake rears up on his back legs, spitting and hissing, before emitting one hell of a Growl, that even manages to turn some Trainers' heads. Megh bites her lower lip, pondering the outcome of the fight...

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post


    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8 – {In the future, please link to your stats either in your post or your signature so I have easy reference to them. Thanks! =) }

    Considered a “heaven” of Astoria, the Garden of Iris is said to reside in the clouds. The air up here isn’t as thin as you thought it would be, the quantity and quality about as good as it was in the forests below. The plethora of scents up here is foreign to anyone who entered here for the first time, and each scent was as pleasing as the next one, bringing you into a roller coaster of nirvana. You barely had any time to enjoy one scent until the next therapeutic scent shoved its way through the one before it, but enjoy each and every scent you did. Your mission: to feast your eyes on the rare rainbow flowers that exist nowhere else and collect a bunch of them, a few to be stored into your scrapbook in an attempt to cement any memories of this place that may slip away from you in the future and maybe more to perform experiments on, if you were fortunate to obtain that many.

    As you approach Rainbow Pool, you believe this to be a likely spot to find these colorful flowers. So far, however, you see every flower but the rainbow flower you desire. Still, the flowers here are pretty unique, so you decide to pick a few of them so you at least don’t leave empty-handed should you fail in your quest. But, when you try to pick a red rose with a blue rose next to it, you hear a cry come from it, then some Powdery substance shoot from it. Your reaction is to try to hold your breath, but it’s… *yawns* too late, as you… find yourself… *yawns again* oh dear, excuse me… very Sleepy. Maybe… it’s fine… to just… take a… nmmm… zzzzzzzzzzz…



    Hm? Oh man, I’m sorry, I must’ve dozed off! Anyway, you wake up in a warm, cozy bed inside a log cabin. You see a beautiful girl sitting at the bedside, and she notices you waking up and says softly, “Oh, um, you’re awake! I’m sorry, I saw you put to sleep by a Roselia, and I couldn’t just leave you there, so I had my Ludicolo bring you here…” The Ludicolo waves at you and says, “Colo!” You notice your rescuer looking down at the floor holding her hands together.

    What will Frinth do?
    [/color]
    My Profile

    Frinth carefully checks his pack, and turns to the beautiful girl sitting beside his bed. A slight blush flowed beneath his face. "Thank you for tending to me. I'm sorry if I put you through some trouble while I was asleep. May I ask how long I was out?" A slight tremble in his voice could have been noticed by anyone keen enough to accomplish such an observation.

    He rubs the head of the ludicolo and asks a second question, "May I also... Ask Why you are a bit down?" and he sat up, placing his hand out ahead of him.
    Last edited by Coolz8; 29th May 2012 at 12:59 AM.

  15. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post

    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: In your haste to get out of town to have your first adventure, you find yourself lost by a lake surrounded by trees. It doesn't bother you much though. It was what you always wanted, to be on a journey by yourself. At this point, you take a red and white sphere out and click it open. With a click and flash of white light, a little white and green Pokemon appears in front of you ready for adventure. Zoomer, your Ralts, notices how nervous you become as you look around. You notice the lake in front of you, clear and blue. Surrounding the lake, mostly, are trees of varying heights and species. Straight ahead and to your right you see a small path.

    You approach the lake now as you continue to take in the scenery and get on your knees to drink some of the water. The water is cool as it fills your cupped hands. It refreshes you, making you realize that the sprint out of town took a lot of energy out of you. Zoomer walks over beside you and watches you. He decides to stick his hand in the water like you, but pulls it out quickly. It must be too cold for Zoomer. You giggle at Ralts' reaction, and then you hear some rustling in the woods off to your left. Out of the woods you see a pink and white creature walk towards the lake. It bends down to drink some water, and you see the yellow flower on its head.

    You watch the Deerling for another moment as it drinks peacefully. All of a sudden, the wind picks up, and a gust of wind blows something puffy out of the woods. The Jumpluff looks like it's out of control as it rides the wind. As if seeing it all happen in slow motion, the Jumpluff collides with the Deerling and knocks it into the lake. The Deerling splashes about, thrashing its legs and crying out loud. The water can't be too deep where it is, but it's obvious the deer is panicked. The Deerling's floundering seems to have attracted some more company, as you see a spiky white dorsal fin breach the surface of the lake and begin to swim towards the commotion. As it gets closer to the Deerling, more and more of it surfaces until you can make out that it's a Blue-Striped Basculin. The Basculin appears very interested in that Deerling, perhaps it's hungry. It seems like things are starting to get intense.

    What will you do?
    Niles chuckled as Zoomer tried to imitate his actions. Even if the water wasn't too cold for him he had no idea the Ralts would pick up any water without fingers. Niles looks over to his left when he hears something coming from the woods. It looked sort of like a Ponyta covered in leaves. Niles noticed the flower on the head of the creature and wondered who put it on the Pokemon Niles was a bit unnerved by the fact that the four hooved Pokemon wasn't on fire. The grassy Ponyta approached the water and went down for a drink. Niles watched this intrigued by the Pokemon's lack of fear for the big body of water.

    Suddenly a giant cotton ball appears and knocks into the Pokemon. The Leafy creature fell into the water and started to panic. 'I knew that thing wasn't safe near water' Niles thought to himself as he kicked off his shoes and jumped into the water. Zoomer sighed, he was used to his trainer ignoring the ease of which these problems could be solved using his help, but he still found it concerning. Niles swam closer to the creature, not noticing how close he was to the ground. He then noticed a blue stripe speeding up to the thrashing horse.

    "No! I'm too far!" Niles panicked notice the big gap between him and the Pokemon, and how close the predatorial Pokemon was to it. He started to swim faster, trying to make it first. Zoomer saw this, noticing the danger of Niles rushing at the vicious Pokemon. He knew there was no way this could turn out well if he left Niles to it himself, so he let out a Signal Beam blasted right at the Basculin.

    Stats

  16. #216
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    As you can see there have been some changes to Astoria. Uhhhhh, Dark Searchman, and I are all updators. Together we've split up those who have been previously updated, and those who have not. My goal is to get updates posted once a week on Thursdays or Fridays. So the sooner you reply, the more often you'll be updated. I'll use a mixture of quick, rapid-fire type updates and something with a little more meat to it depending on where you are, and hopefully you'll end up with a good story. Please remember to use size 1 font and lime green text color. Also please remember to link your stats in your replies unless it's in your sig.

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    myahoo: As you seek to aim to new heights while journeying along Adventure Path, you fall flat off the side of the cliff. Looking up at the cliff where you fell, you realize that path is now inaccessible.

    You reach over to a bluish-purple spot on your leg and scream in pain once your hand makes contact. Wildfire gets your attention by nudging you. He shows you a branch that you possibly could use as a crutch, but the branch may be a bit further away than you'd like. Searching the immediate area yields a large rock, the same rock that broke your fall and possibly your leg or ankle you surmise. Using the rock, you are able to get back on your feet, putting your weight on your good leg.

    Judging by the time of day, you decide that it may be best to find somewhere to get your leg looked at; but you also see storm clouds gathering in your area. The large grey clouds above are signaling to you that a particularly heavy storm will begin in the near future. You begin to hear thunder rumbling in the distance. You start looking around for some form of shelter, also asking Wildfire to help look.

    You hobble over to that branch Wildfire found for you, and with a little finesse you are able to claim it as your own to help you walk. You turn your attention back to the mountain and begin walking along your new path, all the while, keeping an eye on the path to avoid further tumbles. The wind begins to pick up a little indicating the impending storm is getting closer. The thunder now gets a little louder. You try your best to hasten your search but make sure you don't injure yourself further.

    All of a sudden you hear Wildfire squeal out. You look to him, and he's pointing towards the mountain. You make out an opening and instantly change your course heading for the cave. Finding the cave was perfect timing as you start to feel raindrops sporadically hitting you and dotting the ground. You just enter the cave protecting you from the rain that's falling steadier now and peer inside. You don't find any unsuspecting Pokemon in the cave, so you decide to move a little further in. As you move in, the cave gets darker; the lack of light outside due to the storm doesn't help matters.

    Sufficiently inside, you find a flat rock you can rest on. After a few moments, you hear what sounds like chirping coming from further in the cave. The chirps sound a little frantic, almost panicky. It sounds like you and Wildfire are not alone. Due to the storm outside, which is now pouring rain and blustery winds with some rumbles of thunder, you are pretty much stuck inside to ride it out.

    What will you do?
    Thanks for picking us up, Jolteonjak. And, uh, sorry for the wall of text...? ^^" Anyway, if there's anything I messed up, just say so and I'll edit it, 'kay?

    Melissa eventually hobbled over towards the branch Wildfire had indicated and, once she found it sturdy enough to use as a crutch, tucked it under her arm. After a moment to catch her breath, she began to pick her way along the path following the cliff face, eyes scanning the mountain for shelter and the path to avoid anymore tumbles. Her Cyndaquil scampered ahead of her, scanning the mountain face and glancing back every so often to check on his trainer. They continued in this manner for some time, Melissa carefully making her way forward as Wildfire ran ahead, both searching for somewhere to hunker down before the storm caught up to them.

    The teen had no idea how much time passed, but, by the time she thought to check for the approaching storm, the wind was already picking up and she could hear the thunder getting louder. She shivered and gripped her makeshift crutch tighter; the wind was sure to make balancing even harder than it had been during the past few hours and she was definitely not looking forward to trying to walk through the storm on a most-likely broken leg.

    I really hope we find a place to hide soon, she thought to herself, scanning the path ahead for her starter. There's no way Wildfire will want to stand the rain and the water'll just make this path even more of a danger to me than it already is. Melissa smiled when she spotted the navy of Wildfire's back and hobbled her way towards him. Her smile only grew when he squealed happily, pointing towards an opening in the mountain face.

    "Alright! Nice work, Wildfire," she told him, still smiling. "Now let's get in there before the storm catches up to us, yeah?" The Fire-type nodded vehemently, but remained only a few steps ahead of his trainer until the pair reached the cave, though he shifted uneasily when he felt the raindrops hitting his back. The brunette couldn't help sighing in relief herself when they reached the cave; the rain was starting to fall harder just as they entered the cave and she was glad they weren't getting soaked, at least.

    The teen paused at the entrance of the cave, a thought just entering her mind. What if there were Pokemon already living in the cave and they had just disturbed them? Glancing at her little fire mouse, she wondered whether he would be able to fight them off in such an enclosed space and then stopped her thoughts before she could imagine him using his Fire attacks in the cave. She did look around warily, before venturing further into their shelter, just to make sure there was nothing obviously living there. It got darker the further they went in though and Melissa paused when her eyes started straining to see.

    "Wildfire?" she called, scanning the floor of the cave and trying to figure out where her starter had gone.

    "Quil?" He sounded close by, but his voice reassured her, even though she had difficulty seeing him.

    "Could you help me out a bit here, buddy?" she asked. There was a whoosh of flames and Melissa squinted a little in the light of the flames blazing from Wildfire's back. The fire mouse blinked up at her from where he sat a few paces ahead of her. "Thanks, Wildfire. C'mon, let's go in a little further."

    Nodding in agreement, the Cyndaquil lead the way deeper into the cave. He paused when he passed by a flat rock and turned around, glancing inquisitively between his trainer and the rock. Melissa grinned wryly in response, before easing herself onto the rock and carefully stretching out her possibly-broken leg, gaze drawn to that blue-purple spot on the limb. She had to admit, when she had decided to visit Eyrie Peak, she certainly hadn't been expecting to break her leg during her adventure.

    "Well, this has certainly been interesting, hasn't it, Wildfire?" Her voice was tinged with exhaustion from the long walk and from trying not to put weight on her injured leg. She glanced around tiredly to see whether she could lean on anything while they waited for the storm to blow itself out, but Wildfire's lack of response had her turning her attention towards him instead. The Cyndaquil had tilted his head to the side and was peering intently further into the cave. Confused, Melissa stared in the same direction and listened, straining her ears this time to catch whatever sound had caught Wildfire's attention.

    It took her a moment, but her eyes widened when she realized what they were hearing: chirps. Panicked chirps. From further in the cave. The teen glanced at her Cyndaquil, who had briefly turned his questioning gaze towards her, and felt torn. On the one hand, it could be a baby bird Pokemon that she would be happy to have. On the other, it could just be a lost baby bird Pokemon looking for its parent. For a moment more, she just listened to its panicked chirps, before she caved.

    "Wildfire?" Her trusted friend glanced at her with a "Quil?" She winced as a loud rumble echoed through the cave. "Could you go see what's chirping?" Wildfire immediately nodded, but he waited for her to finish speaking. She sighed heavily, eyes darting towards the chirps, before meeting Wildfire's gaze. "If it's a baby or if it's hurt, see if you can bring it here. If it looks fine, just come back and tell me what it is, 'kay?" He nodded again. "Alright then. Be careful, yeah?" The fire mouse nodded a third time and left, heading towards the chirps. Melissa watched him the entire time, fingers brushing her other Pokeballs in the meantime.

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    This was supposed to be a picnic for you and Bishop, not for a cheeky little Karrablast! You took some quality time to prepare your sandwiches, and after having your delicious food stolen and hearing some stifled giggles of quite a few onlookers, you were determined to track this bug down and get your food back. Karrablast certainly wasn’t going to make it easy as you lost it in the midst of some bushes. However, you order Bishop to use Foresight, and, through his enhanced vision, he’s able to spot the Clamping Pokemon in the middle of the bushes, ready to guard its- sorry, I mean your lunch if it needed to. Bishop jumps in, but Karrablast was ready for it as it Leered straight at your Hoothoot; this was Karrablast’s lunch that it stole, and it wasn’t about to share with anyone else. Bishop thought twice for a second and lowered its defenses, but it continued your orders and returned the Leer attack Karrablast gave with a more… Hypnotic stare. Unfortunately, the bug Pokemon didn’t really find it mesmerizing and moved in to attack, its horn Pecking into Bishop’s side which caused Bishop to hoot in pain and jump back out of the bushes. Seems like this bug is not only cheeky, but feisty too! It didn’t look like it caused a lot of damage, but with Bishop’s lowered defenses you wouldn’t want this battle to get too physical.

    What will Joshua do?


    The strategy to root out Karrablast worked like a charm... But this wasn't exactly a good thing. It was ready to fight, and launched itself into Bishop's side. But he'd exposed himself from the bushes. It was time for a comeback. "Bishop, stay back from our little friend, and blast him with a Heat Wa- Oh, right..." The field... It could catch fire if they were reckless with Heat Wave. Annoying, since it was his most powerful attack, and would inflict huge damage against Karrablast... Well, maybe Aegis could take care of that. "Go for it Bishop! Heat Wave attack, and follow with an Uproar!"

    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    Dead Forest
    The Burial Ground: A mile wide graveyard stricken with sludgy soil and poisonous shrubbery. Humans and Pokémon alike have been laid to rest here. However, the odd toxins found in this soil often are alleged to bring the corpses back from the dead.
    When it came to scholarly research in the world of Fizzytopia, the Burial Ground located within Dead Forest was certainly an interesting locale; though primarily a location that provided excellent samples and Pokemon for bug and poison-type researchers, the supernatural rumors surrounding the Burial Ground certainly captured the attention of those who were interested in the nature of death and rebirth. In particular, one of Marion's former professors was convinced that these toxins were somehow related to the poisonous nature of Gastly, Haunter and Gengar. Knowing that Marion had yet to complete the field research component of her doctoral degree in Ghost Pokemon Studies, he surprised her one morning with a Drifloon messenger that floated through the window of her apartment, bearing a Shadow Mail containing a map to the Burial Ground and a message urging Marion to consider adding the Burial Ground to her list of places in Fizzytopia to explore. As soon as the Drifloon waved goodbye and floated back out the window, Marion immediately grabbed her bag and started packing. Unable to resist the strange rumors regarding humans and Pokemon rising from the dead, Marion decided to set off for this strange location and see what she might find.

    Of course, Marion was sure to prepare well for her trip to this poison-laden location; she planned to protect herself on the journey ahead with materials she salvaged from her laboratory days at university. Donning an old lab coat with a tag identifying her as "Marion Ette", her outfit was complete with safety goggles, mask, thigh-high boots (stylish AND practical), and thick rubber gloves. As far as Pokemon partners were concerned, Sangre was a natural choice for this journey. His immunity to poison, high vantage point (as a result of his ability to fly) and ability to use sonar to detect objects that may not necessarily be seen visually made him a perfect choice for this environment. After packing some notebooks and pens for observations (and some vials of blood for Sangre), Marion flew on the back of her beloved Crobat straight into the Dead Forest, where her professor had indicated the Burial Ground could be located.

    Certainly, there was a presence here that indicated to Marion that something wasn't right, though it was difficult to tell if it was merely the toxic nature of the air, or something more sinister. She gives the order for Crobat to stay alert and treads lightly on the poisonous soil; she is extra-careful when walking around the gravesite, and tries to be as quiet and respectful of her surroundings as possible. Even if this was a treacherous, poisonous land, it was still a place where the dead were buried and mourned and should be treated with the same respect as any graveyard. As she wanders, Marion lets the questions she has about this area swirl around in her mind: Who were these Witch Doctors? Are they a metaphor for some sort of tragic event, or a reality? Who was buried here, and were they buried before or after this place changed from paradise to poison? Of course, the biggest questions of all surrounded the idea that the toxins in the soil could bring people back from the dead. Marion wondered if the dead would be friendly, or hostile, or merely a shambling mess of bones... That is, if there was even such a thing as "rising from the dead" occurring here at all. Marion had her doubts, but this area certainly had a strange aura to it, and weirder things have been proven true before...

    [FB || PASBL]

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,499

    Default

    OOC: Apologies to my updatees, I'm not that quick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Jolteonjak – Boy, was it worth climbing this mountain! You and your Cyndaquil agreed that Posy Field was a little piece of heaven for trainer and Pokemon alike. Flowers, berries, apricorns, all sorts of plants grew here. Of course, you felt that the refreshing mountain air alone made this place worthwhile. You weren't the only one, of course; Posy Field was a popular spot for picnics and bug catching, though today this place wasn't nearly as populated as it could be. After checking on Cyndaquil to make sure he wouldn’t wander too far off or get himself into some other kind of trouble, you decide this would be a great place to relax; maybe some of those apricorns would be ripe for the picking when you woke up.

    About an hour or two later, you wake up to your Cyndaquil poking you, and you see a Teddiursa in the direction Cyndaquil’s pointing to. “Ursa!” the cute Little Bear says to you, then it runs into the midst of the trees, stopping to wave its hand to you with an "Urr saa saa!" Maybe it wants you to follow?

    What will Chad do?

    Chad laid down and decided to relax for a short time, after he had checked on Cyndaquil who was also relaxing. He was a little relieved to see it was an off-day today and not heavily populated by other trainers and families. For him, it meant any wild Pokemon that entered the field would all his. Chad's eyelids got heavier as he relaxed more until finally he began to snooze.

    "Not right now babe..." Chad mumbled in response to the feeling of being poked on the shoulder. When it didn't stop, he woke up to see it was Cyndaquil who was poking him. He checked his watch to see about roughly an hour had passed. "What is it? What's wrong Cyndaquil?" he asked a little concerned. He saw Cyndaquil was pointing at something. Looking in the direction of the pointing, he saw a little bear with a crescent on its head. He reached for his Pokedex to scan the bear cub:

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Teddiursa, the Little Bear Pokemon. Teddiursa lets honey soak into its paws so it can lick them all the time. Every set of paws tastes unique.
    "Ursa!" the Teddiursa said to Chad and Cydnaquil. It cutely smiled and ran off into a forested area. It stopped a little way down and waved to them saying, "Urr saa saa!" like it wanted us to follow it.

    "What do you think Cyndaquil? Do you want to follow it? I think it might be fun," Chad said to Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil looked at Chad and tilted his head thinking a bit.

    "Quil!" Cyndaquil replied enthusiastically waving his front paws.

    "All right, it's settled then. Let's go Cyndaquil." Chad got up and picked up his backpack. The pair began to follow the Teddiursa into the woods.



    Stats

  20. #220
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    6,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~Island Ports~

    Mon1010: Not only were you looking for a nice stroll through town, but instead you found yourself getting immersed in a theft. A Teddiursa, carrying a jar, knocked you and your dream-eating friend over as it escaped its pursuers. After getting up and dusting yourself off, you and Shaana approached the two tired men.

    "Excuse me. Did you say something about a thief?" you asked.

    The two men slowly stand up. "Why didn't you go after it?" one man asked a little impatiently. He was still a little out of breath. "That Teddiursa just made off with our last jar of Rawst Berry Balm. It's an effective cure for burns that both humans and Pokemon can use."

    "This is another in a series of thefts from our shop," the other man explained. "Why just last week a Meowth broke in and stole a jar," he looked from you to the other man. "I don't know what's going on, but my guess is there is a Pokemon in the woods by the Forest Lodge to the west of here burning the forest dwellers. At least, the thieves seem to be heading west when they run out."

    "It would be great if something could be done about that. We're unable to go out there ourselves; both of us can't leave the shop. It's bad enough Eric is going to have to make a trip now to Intado's Village to get more Balm to replace what was lost." He pointed to Eric. "Yes, he's Eric, my business partner and brother. I'm Frank Johnson. We run Johnson & Johnson's Pharmacy a little ways down the road."

    "Hey Frank, we should get back to the shop before anyone else rips us off," Eric said turning away. "Plus I have to get ready for my journey to the Village."

    Frank looked back at you. "If you know anyone who could help catch that thief, we'd really appreciate it. I'll be back at the shop." Frank turned and joined Eric walking away.

    While deciding what your next step will be, you're shocked to hear a woman yelling with a panicked voice, "Stop that Teddiursa! We've just been robbed!"

    You quickly spun around to see another Teddiursa run away, holding what looked like a tub of Moo Moo Ice Cream heading west. It seems this port city is getting picked apart by a pack of Pick-Uppers.

    What will you do?

    Apparently, that Teddiursa he had just crashed into had been the theif. Scott slapped his face with the palm of his hand for not having done anything when he had a chance. The two men explained that they owned a Pharmacy in town, and that there has been a string of robberies being committed by Kleptomaniac Pokemon that live by the Forest Lodge to the west of here.

    As the two brothers walked back to their shop, a thought popped up in Scott's mind. He could do something about these thefts. It would be the perfect opportunity to encounter some new Pokemon for his team, and get a little action while he was at it. Now, the only question was, what should he do next?

    It didn't take long for that question to be answered, a woman shouted at another Kleptomaniac Teddiursa who was stealing some Moo Moo Milk Ice Cream. Scott looked at his Munna, and a smirk appeared on the trainer's face. This time, he was ready to handle this. Shaana also seemed to get what Scott was thinking, and smiled herself.

    "Shaana, go use Yawn on that bear before it gets away." He commanded Shaana, while pointing at the Teddiursa. "If it tries to attack you, defend yourself with Psybeam. Oh, and try to make sure the Ice Cream isn't damaged."
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 31st May 2012 at 7:36 PM.

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    [size=1]


    [size=1]
    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress

    It was nighttime on Adventure Path, and you were sitting at the edge of a cavern hoping to find a Murkrow flying around or a Vullaby walk by, but all the birds you saw were everything but Murkrow and Vullaby, and you started to get discouraged. Little did you know that you were sitting in the same cavern where a Skarmory was nesting. It looked a little too sleepy to want to pick a fight with you and Flare, so it used its wing to show you the door, and it was willing to call it good from there. Flare, however, looked at Skarmory and… maybe she wanted to play with it, but for some reason she spit some Embers straight into the Steel-type’s face. You tried to stop Flare, but it was too late, and so you covered your face because you were expecting Skarmory to be furious. It didn’t get burnt, nor did it go into full-on attack mode like you thought it would, but it was waking up and losing patience. It Leered at your Vulpix, saying “Skarr Skarrrrrr…” probably telling her it was willing to give you two one last chance to leave; otherwise, it would probably show you no mercy.

    What will Charlotte do?
    Things didn't seem to be going too well for both Charlotte and Flare. Flare had recklessly spit some Embers into the Skarmory's face, only to be Leered back at. The Skarmory seemed to want the two of them to leave, or else. But a trainer never ran away from a good battle, and so, with adrenaline pumping through her veins at the prospect of defeating a wild Pokemon and maybe even capturing it, Charlotte got into her battle-ready position, and said to Flare, "Hey, you want to keep on fighting, right?" Flare happily nodded, and also got into a battle stance, growling at the Skarmory, who was looking pretty p*ssed off right now.

    Putting a Poke Ball at the ready, Charlotte shouted, "Okay then, Flare, use Confuse Ray, then Heat Wave!" She was too excited to care that what she was doing may bring some severe consequences, but hey, when you were about to get your first wild capture, you were bound to feel pretty excited, right?


    Putting 4/5 of my Poke Balls at the ready. Also, sorry for the ridiculously short reply, I'm just not in a writing mood right now. Stats are linked in the banner.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 2

    Just to remind everyone of my rules:
    -Please reply in size 1 limegreen font as is standard for this zone.
    -Please have a link to your stats either in your signature or somewhere in your post.
    -Any items you use in your replies, including potions and Pokeballs, should have a link to the post where you obtained them. Also, please state which item it is; for example, if it is the fourth Pokeball out of five, you would add a (4/5) next to the item.
    -Please bold any attacks you have your Pokemon use, so it's easier for me to see the attacks being used. You may use up to three attacks; using items takes up one round, but a held item can activate without using up a move.
    -Follow FB rules, as usual.
    -Most importantly, have fun!




    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    Nerubi – {Your update is here.}

    InnerFlame – {Your update is here.}

    Thorndrop – {Your update is here}



    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress – {Don't worry, you're fine. As long as it's not, like, one or two lines and you give me something to work with, it doesn't matter how much you write, even though more is better.}

    Rather than heed an irritated Skarmory’s wishes, you and Flare decide this was a challenge that a trainer and her Pokemon should not back down from and face the Armor Bird head on. Seeing it was being challenged to a battle, Skarmory stood up and squawked to Flare, “All right, I warned you. Prepare to be tomorrow’s breakfast!

    And with that, Skarmory took flight and unleashed two sharp disks of Air; one of them Cuts into Flare for some damage. The other one struck the top of the mouth of the cave and caused it to close, blocking off your chance to escape being bird feed. Seeing as how you couldn’t leave now, there was nothing to do but continue the battle. Your Vulpix began your strategy by Confusing Skarmory with a sinister Ray of light, and the Steel-type was successfully dazed. The next thing Skarmory did was flap its wings and release some Spiky shards of metallic feathers… but in its confusion, it unleashed its attack off to the right of its target; as long as you stayed away from that area, you’d be able to avoid the problem altogether. Of course, Flare only needed to stay at her current position for her next move; she inhaled and exhaled intense Heat at Skarmory, who dodged to the right but got clipped by the attack, the tip of its wing feeling the Wave of intense flames as it charges in to Attack, guided by Fury to overcome its confusion and hit the Vulpix four times with its beak, then flew back, still looking pristine despite its slightly charred face and wing. Flare had slightly more health than Skarmory, but had slightly less energy than the Armor Bird. So far, it could go either way, but a lot was at stake for both sides.

    What will Charlotte do?



    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    Having successfully flushed out the picnic thief, it was time for you to get into the battle. And you’d start going on offense by being a little reckless. Bishop inhales and breathes a Wave of flames and hot air into the bushes, the Heat in that area intensifying and burning the bushes. No way was this going to be the prelude to some heavenly vision, but instead, out comes the little Karrablast! Clearly it didn’t expect you to be that reckless, and it paid for that by taking severe damage, though no lasting burns were inflicted. Then the bug looked at the burning bushes and became filled with anger; how dare you have such disregard for the environment! It directed its Fury towards your Hoothoot, Attacking it with reckless abandon and Bishop got hit by the assault twice for some pretty good damage per hit because of the lowered defenses. Now it was your Hoothoot’s turn to get mad; that horn really poked into some sensitive spots! Instead of getting physical, however, he opts to throw a tantrum, causing an Uproar that reverberated for a few yards, and dealing some solid damage, most of it being to Karrablast’s ears. Now it was ticked! First you two cause arson, now you’re waking up the whole neighborhood with your racket? That owl was going to pay! It again Attacks Furiously, this time getting in three hits while Bishop’s lowered defenses were taking their toll on him. The still burning bushes set the mood for where the battle was currently at. Karrablast looked like it still had some fight left in him, but it was still heavily injured and wasn’t going to take a whole lot more punishment. Bishop hadn’t taken as much damage, but he was starting to get pretty exhausted from doing those last two moves, and he was completely drained of the fire needed for his Heat Wave attack. Not only that, he was hooting pretty hoarsely; those attacks, especially Uproar, must have strained his voice a little.

    What will Joshua do?


    Jolteonjak

    Your Cyndaquil had awoken you from a fantasy land full of women, maybe money and fast cars, to point out a Teddiursa just outside the forest. This little cutie pie wanted you to follow her into the woods for some reason, and you and Cyndaquil were both a little curious, so you followed her in.

    As you follow the Little Bear through the woods, you can see all kinds of sights, including a Galvantula waiting patiently for its next meal to fly or run into its “live wire” web, and a girl with a Meowth stalking some weird objects you assumed to be bugs. The Teddiursa eventually brings you into a wooded area with each tree holding a different type of Berry. There were all sorts of Berries here, common and possibly rare, and each and every Berry looked ripe for the picking. Teddiursa tries climbing up one of the trees and only ends up sliding back down, tumbling back on her bum. “Urr saa, urs urs ursa…” she says sadly, trying to reach for the Berries. Apparently, this little one couldn’t climb the Berry trees and therefore couldn’t reach the Berries she wanted to eat. That might be why she brought you here, so you could help her get some. She looked like she was on the verge of tears, too, so you didn’t have much time to satisfy her. However, if you were able to pick plenty of Berries for her, she may be willing to share some with you.

    If you are willing to help this poor Teddiursa, play Teddiursa’s Garden Patch Match, and post your score along with your reply. Now, what will Chad do?


    Megh – {Just so you're aware, RPing the way Meowth did his Growl and saying it turned heads was a little dangerous; you don't know if Jake actually does his Growl or if I have him cough up a hairball instead. It's fine this time, but just be careful in the future. Thanks! =) }

    You were looking around the meadows at the very beginning of your bug-catching crusade, and you spotted three objects poking out of some bushes that looked out of the ordinary, and you decided that, instead of opting to wait for some rarer bug Pokemon, you weren’t that picky; you might as well go for what’s in front of you. So you planned to have Jake sneak up on the bugs, then surprise them.

    Well, being a cat Pokemon, Jake’s superb stealth abilities allow it to sneak up very quietly without disturbing any of the possible bugs within the bushes. Then you gave the signal, and your Meowth reared up then gave a very loud Growl grabbing the attention of a few people. As for the objects, the Weedle and Wurmple concealed in the bushes definitely got spooked and scurried off further into the bushes, escaping your attack, but the Y-shaped object wasn’t going to get away, as Jake Bit into… something wooden. You see him pull out a red, Y-shaped stick, and the both of you feel a little embarrassed in front of the onlookers, whom you can see holding back a few giggles.

    So much for your first battle! The good news: you won! The bad news: it wasn’t against a Pokemon. Well, nothing to do but shrug it off and move on. You come to another set of bushes next to the forest, and three more things catch your eye. You again see two yellow spikes jut out of the bushes, though not as much as the last two spikes you saw, so they might not mean another Wurmple was hiding there. Next was a finely designed web made of silk; maybe it had an occupant? Finally, there was… some sort of purple fuzz with a foot sticking out of it, it was really weird. After failing to get a bug previously, you needed to be a little more careful choosing what to attack this time.

    What will Megh do?



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    Your search for rainbow flowers took you to the Rainbow Pool, but in your search, you mistakenly tried to pick an Ingrained Roselia, and your punishment was a trip to Dreamland. Now you found yourself rescued by a girl and her Ludicolo, and you found yourself blushing a little at her beauty while asking, “Thank you for tending to me. I'm sorry if I put you through some trouble while I was asleep. May I ask how long I was out?”

    The girl noticed your voice trembling and put her hand close to her mouth, saying, “Um, it’s… been ten hours since we brought you here,” You looked out the window and noticed it was morning. You could smell biscuits in the pot over the fire, one of many possible staples for breakfast. The girl continued to look down, and so, as you rubbed the Ludicolo’s head, you asked, "May I also... ask why you are a bit down?"

    “Oh, I’m sorry!” she apologized, blushing in embarrassment. “It’s just… I’m not used to other people around here. You see… Ludicolo and I… live here by ourselves. We… live off the land around here because it’s peaceful and untouched by humans. We were gathering herbs and berries for food when we saw you. My name is Leah, by the way. So, may I… ask who you are and… why you came here? You… don’t look like… you’re even from Astoria.”

    What will Frinth do?
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 8th June 2012 at 7:00 AM.

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,499

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #02

    Welcome aboard Charminions! Enjoy your stay. Apologies to Mon1010; I'll try to get your update in soon, but I'm already over my Thursday/Friday deadline. =\

    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: While taking a break at the lake, you observe a Deerling emerge from the forest across the lake to drink some water. It is then struck by a Jumpluff that’s floating out-of-control, and the Deerling falls into the lake. It’s quite panicked and thrashing and splashing about in the water, which attracts a Blue-Striped Basculin.

    Immediately you decide to go rescue it by jumping into the lake to save the time of running around it. Zoomer, on the other hand, stands by the shore and watches thinking it would have gone more smoothly if he were helping. Despite your quick swimming, the Basculin is naturally faster. It’s closing in on the Deerling, while you just barely reach the center of the lake. Zoomer decides to act and fires a multi-colored beam from his horn, which is flashing like a signal light.

    The beam hits Basculin on its dorsal fin, and it gets thrown off course. It submerges momentarily to collect itself and resurfaces to look around. The Basculin sees you swimming towards the Deerling, and it decides that you’ll be an easier target. It begins to quickly swim towards you, looking hungry and upset for being attacked.

    Just then Zoomer notices a man dressed in a dark green and tan uniform appear and summon a purple star-shaped Pokémon from a Pokeball. He hears the man say to it, “Starmie, use Telekinesis on the Deerling to get it out of the water!” Zoomer can’t see where Starmie’s face was, but he can sense the psychic energy being used. Starmie’s core glows, and Zoomer sees the panicking Deerling being lifted out of the lake. It begins to calm down once it could see it was hovering over land. Starmie places it on the shore and releases its hold on the deer. Almost instantly, the Deerling runs back into the safety of the trees.

    Zoomer turns its attention back to the Forest Ranger, who turns his attention to the raucous in the water. “Starmie, Telekinesis again, on the boy in the water! Get him out of there!” he orders. Once again, the Starmie’s core glows, radiating the same psychic energy as before. Suddenly you feel yourself being lifted out of the water, floating over to the shore by Zoomer, and landing on the ground.

    With nothing foreign and tasty in the lake, the Basculin submerges, feeling defeated and still hungry.

    The Forest Ranger returns Starmie to its Pokeball, and he starts walking over to you. “Quick thinking jumping in the water like that, but perhaps your Ralts there would have been more effective with its attacks,” the man says to you. “You must be cold. Take this towel and dry off.” He hands you a towel. “While you are free to explore this area, I must caution you that the fish Pokémon that inhabit these lakes have been pretty vicious lately. That Basculin was just a baby. The full-grown ones are much nastier. I was actually coming to this lake to post a few warning signs. Maybe you could post them here for me. I have many more signs to post at the other lakes, so I could head directly over to the other lakes.” The Forest Ranger reaches in his backpack and withdraws four signs and hands them over to you, and you exchange the towel for the signs. “If you could place them at, perhaps, corners of the lake, that would be great. You’d be helping me out a lot.”

    You look at one of the signs that says:

    CAUTION!
    DANGEROUS POKEMON
    SPOTTED IN THESE LAKES
    SWIM WITH CAUTION

    “At some point I’d like to figure out what is causing this, but for now warning the public must come first,” the Forest Ranger says. “I must get going to the other lakes before sunset. I’ll swing by this lake on my way back to the station, since the station is through that clearing over there,” pointing at the clearing on the far side of the lake. Thanks again for your help!” The Forest Ranger waves at you and walks away.

    Looks like you have four signs to post around this lake. Here might be a good place to start, seeing a path nearby. Then, perhaps across the lake opposite this spot for one. Then the clearing heading towards the station might be a good place for the third, and finally across the lake again opposite that spot should make up the four corners. What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Celebii151: A change of scenery brings you from the mountainous path to the wooded area of Adventure Path. After chasing Valerius who is chasing a Buneary here, you decide to search the forest. Your initial findings of your immediate surroundings are that a lot of Pokemon and possibly people have been walking around, possibly living here.

    As you look around the travelled forest floor, you can see bits of fur on a twig. Upon further inspection of the blue fur you feel that it's cool to the touch and even a little wet. Valerius walks up and inspects the clump of fur you are inspecting. She sniffs it and backs away. Out of the corner of your eye you can see her looking around intently and sniffing the air around her. She turns to her left and starts to run away. Wondering what she is up to you follow. A few yards away from you, you can see her barking at a tree. She's looking up the trunk, front paws resting on it. You finally catch up to her and begin to calm her down. She's still looking up, so you look up too. On a branch in that tree, you see the blue creature whose fur you inspected earlier. The creature in the tree has large ears, a club on its tail, and what looks like a geyser coming out of its head. The Panpour's eyes also look closed.

    "POUR!" The Panpour cries out upon seeing you. It begins to panic, pacing on the branch. The Panpour appears to be young, based on the sound of its voice and how much it's panicking. It unleashes water from its mouth looking like it was fired from a gun. Although the attack was weak, you and Valerius still dodge it. "POUR!" the frightened monkey calls out again. Hoping to scare you both off, Panpour stares at Valerius trying its best to intimidate her. The leer causes her to pause for a second, but Panpour follows that up with another weak Water Gun. The attack misses Valerius. What will you do?

    -------------------------------------------------------


    Charminions: As you travel along Adventure Path, you look down to your chosen partner for this adventure, Osage. He shows no signs of wearing out, but you decide to sit on a nearby rock and have some refreshing water. With Osage being a newer Pokemon of yours, you feel this is a great chance to bond with him; however, he shows signs of the contrary after turning down your offering him water. You signal to Osage that it's time to continue your journey. You share with Osage that you're looking for a bird Pokemon, and that seemed to catch Sneasel's eye. You start to wonder how you'll get through to him. At least he listens to you like when you say you're leaving.

    You look up in the sky searching for one of the bird Pokemon this mountain is famous for. You don't see anything flying about, but you do see the sky is clear. You look forward to check where you're going. Along the side of the road, you see various plants and flowers. Your eye spies a particular bush to your right. Hanging off the bush, you find a purple berry. You decide to approach it; maybe Osage would like it. As you do, a short white creature pokes its head through a nearby bush. This pig-nosed creature, looks at you and over to the Cornn Berry. Its eyes widen at the sight of the berry, and it leaves the cover of the bush. You see your chance to grab the berry first and take it. The Mankey sees you pick it, and tears fill its eyes.

    The Mankey looks on as you make an attempt to give it to Osage. Out of the corner of your eye, you see a rock sailing your way. You get out of the way, but Osage wasn't lucky enough. It smacked him down to the ground. Looking back at the Mankey, it seems pleased with itself. All of a sudden it disappears from where it was and appears between you and Osage. It looks at you, with big tear-filled eyes, and looks at and touches the Cornn Berry. It manages to get its whole hand on the berry. Coveting that berry, Mankey grabs it from your hand; boasts a little; and scampers off into the woods. What will you do?

    --------------------------------------------------------


    Myahoo: Satisfied with Wildfire’s discovery of the cave in the mountainside, the both of you make your way into its mouth; you hobbling slowly over. Now that it was raining full force at least you’d be dry. Once your initial feeling of invading the lair of an unsuspecting Pokemon subsides, you both move further in with Wildfire’s flames on his back lighting the way.

    Wildfire, a few steps ahead of you, finds a large flat rock for you to rest on. You happily oblige to this and begin to rest your legs. Taking a moment to reflect on your journey, thus far, you wonder whether or not your leg is truly broken. Your reflecting is halted after a few moments when you start to hear what sounds like chirping further in the cave. The both of you look at each other bewildered. A bird? In this cave? Your first thought is wondering if it’s a baby bird who’s hurt.

    You look to your partner and make a request that he go further in the cave to see what the source of the chirping is. After all, if the Pokemon is hurt, you could help heal it. Wildfire nods and turns and walks further in the cave. You watch the light get dimmer as he goes deeper inside.

    Wildfire walks slowly and cautiously alone in the cave. Instinctively he lessened the intensity of the flames on his back, so as not to draw unwanted attention to him. Plus he could see a little better than his trainer anyway. He looked all around, inspecting the area to see if he could find the source of the chirping. The size of the tunnel never changed much. As he pressed on, the chirping got louder and slowly it became more clear.

    After a short time Wildfire sees what looks like a large cavern in the mountain. He enters it, still being careful to not be seen. Finally he spots the source of the chirping. Wildfire sees a grey and white bird with a curl on its head flying in the cavern. He sees it's looking sternly at something, and come to think of it Wildfire wonders where this bright blue light came from. Moving around the outer wall a bit he sees what the Staravia is looking at. There facing Staravia is a purple rock with three legs and light blue gems, and Wildfire determines that the gems are giving off the glow. He watches this rock as it creates rocks and fires them at the Staravia.

    "Wings, dodge those!" orders a new voice. Wildfire looks around the room to see a girl, a little taller than you, fists clenched switching her focus between the Starvia and the Boldore. He looked back at the Staravia, who was able to weave around the four rocks that were blasted its way. "Great, now use Steel Wing!" The wings of the battling bird begin to glow a silvery metallic color at this command. The Staravia straightens its wings and soars towards the Boldore. Its wing smacks into the Ore Pokemon, and it falls back in pain. The force of the fall shakes the ground around the cavern, which spooks Wildfire enough to run to the exit and through it. As Wildfire exits, the Boldore fires a rock at Staravia, which painfully smacks it down. He doesn't see this happen, but he hears the Staravia cry out.

    While you sit and wait in the dark, you have your hand near your other Pokeballs just in case a nasty crawls out of the darkness to attack you. All of a sudden you hear a rumbling in the direction Wildfire traveled moments ago. Now you hear Wildfire squeal, and you see the fire on his back announcing his arrival as your location gets brighter and brighter. Seeing nothing accompanying Wildfire you ask him what is going on. Your Cyndaquil stands on his hind legs and begins signing. He points to you and starts to squeal a little. Next he waves his arms like he's flapping wings. Finally he puts his front paws down and lifts one of his hind legs and growls, followed by him jumping and curling into a ball, and you catching him. Given this information, what will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: As you travel through the cave you are presented with another choice of paths. You decide to leave the choice up to Volts to choose the path. Contrary to what you expected, Volts chose to go left further into the darkness than towards the brighter path on the right. The path begins to slope downward moreso than before, but it doesn't affect your walking at all.

    The sound of the waterfall begins to get muffled as you walk further away from it, but you still hear the sounds of drops every now and then. Now you begin to hear a soft screeching. As you walk towards it, it gets a little louder. Eventually you come to a cavern with a small underground lake. There isn't much light in the cave, but with what you have you are able to make out a blue four-legged bug walking on the lake. As you get closer to it, the Surskit gets scared and fires some bubbles at you. The bubbles distract you both long enough for Surskit to quickly disappear from view and attack Volts. The force knocks Volts back a few feet. What will you do?

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post


    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: As you travel through the cave you are presented with another choice of paths. You decide to leave the choice up to Volts to choose the path. Contrary to what you expected, Volts chose to go left further into the darkness than towards the brighter path on the right. The path begins to slope downward moreso than before, but it doesn't affect your walking at all.

    The sound of the waterfall begins to get muffled as you walk further away from it, but you still hear the sounds of drops every now and then. Now you begin to hear a soft screeching. As you walk towards it, it gets a little louder. Eventually you come to a cavern with a small underground lake. There isn't much light in the cave, but with what you have you are able to make out a blue four-legged bug walking on the lake. As you get closer to it, the Surskit gets scared and fires some bubbles at you. The bubbles distract you both long enough for Surskit to quickly disappear from view and attack Volts. The force knocks Volts back a few feet. What will you do?
    "Crap, we shouldn't have gotten so close to it unannounced. You all right there Volts?" Myrrh asked. His words were somewhat rushed and a bit nervous in tone. His little friend nodded back at him, he seemed to be fine after the surprise Quick Attack from the Surskit. Myrrh didn't have much time to think. He did not want Volts to start being pummeled by the Surskit.

    "All right Volts, try letting off a Growl at it to lower its attack, then give it a taste of your Quick Attack!


    *If this is too short....
    Last edited by Myrrh; 3rd June 2012 at 6:40 AM.

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    Your search for rainbow flowers took you to the Rainbow Pool, but in your search, you mistakenly tried to pick an Ingrained Roselia, and your punishment was a trip to Dreamland. Now you found yourself rescued by a girl and her Ludicolo, and you found yourself blushing a little at her beauty while asking, “Thank you for tending to me. I'm sorry if I put you through some trouble while I was asleep. May I ask how long I was out?”

    The girl noticed your voice trembling and put her hand close to her mouth, saying, “Um, it’s… been ten hours since we brought you here,” You looked out the window and noticed it was morning. You could smell biscuits in the pot over the fire, one of many possible staples for breakfast. The girl continued to look down, and so, as you rubbed the Ludicolo’s head, you asked, "May I also... ask why you are a bit down?"

    “Oh, I’m sorry!” she apologized, blushing in embarrassment. “It’s just… I’m not used to other people around here. You see… Ludicolo and I… live here by ourselves. We… live off the land around here because it’s peaceful and untouched by humans. We were gathering herbs and berries for food when we saw you. My name is Leah, by the way. So, may I… ask who you are and… why you came here? You… don’t look like… you’re even from Astoria.”

    What will Frinth do?
    Frinth replied, "Hello there Leah", he said with a bright smile. "I've come to explore this place, in general. Possibly to take home some samples as souvenirs, or catch a few Pokemon to be taken care of in my squad." He took out his pokeball, then released his partner. A green, reptilian creature appeared as the flash withdrew. A confident stance was apparent in his personality, and as he landed on the floor, he sat in his meditative phase. Letting go of his surroundings, yet further amplifying his senses in this case.

    "Here's Trick. My Treecko!" He then answered her remaining question. "Well, I'm not. I just came from a world below, under some group called the Fizzy Bubbles administration. They're not really an administration, but it could be something like a club, and they control the universe we live in. This is my first adventure, and-" he looks around, a warm serene atmosphere circulating around the dwelling, and something calm emanating from the sweet girl in front of him. "-This is a really nice home. It looks nice. You look nice."He faltered in his speech, then continued,"Was I any trouble? I can help you out with more work, or I could take you with me on my adventure, if you'd like to." A blushed wave was inevitably noticeable.


    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125
    Last edited by Coolz8; 3rd June 2012 at 8:24 AM.

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •