Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 324

Thread: Astoria - The Enchanted Forest

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    This was supposed to be a picnic for you and Bishop, not for a cheeky little Karrablast! You took some quality time to prepare your sandwiches, and after having your delicious food stolen and hearing some stifled giggles of quite a few onlookers, you were determined to track this bug down and get your food back. Karrablast certainly wasn’t going to make it easy as you lost it in the midst of some bushes. However, you order Bishop to use Foresight, and, through his enhanced vision, he’s able to spot the Clamping Pokemon in the middle of the bushes, ready to guard its- sorry, I mean your lunch if it needed to. Bishop jumps in, but Karrablast was ready for it as it Leered straight at your Hoothoot; this was Karrablast’s lunch that it stole, and it wasn’t about to share with anyone else. Bishop thought twice for a second and lowered its defenses, but it continued your orders and returned the Leer attack Karrablast gave with a more… Hypnotic stare. Unfortunately, the bug Pokemon didn’t really find it mesmerizing and moved in to attack, its horn Pecking into Bishop’s side which caused Bishop to hoot in pain and jump back out of the bushes. Seems like this bug is not only cheeky, but feisty too! It didn’t look like it caused a lot of damage, but with Bishop’s lowered defenses you wouldn’t want this battle to get too physical.

    What will Joshua do?


    The strategy to root out Karrablast worked like a charm... But this wasn't exactly a good thing. It was ready to fight, and launched itself into Bishop's side. But he'd exposed himself from the bushes. It was time for a comeback. "Bishop, stay back from our little friend, and blast him with a Heat Wa- Oh, right..." The field... It could catch fire if they were reckless with Heat Wave. Annoying, since it was his most powerful attack, and would inflict huge damage against Karrablast... Well, maybe Aegis could take care of that. "Go for it Bishop! Heat Wave attack, and follow with an Uproar!"

    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    Dead Forest
    The Burial Ground: A mile wide graveyard stricken with sludgy soil and poisonous shrubbery. Humans and Pokémon alike have been laid to rest here. However, the odd toxins found in this soil often are alleged to bring the corpses back from the dead.
    When it came to scholarly research in the world of Fizzytopia, the Burial Ground located within Dead Forest was certainly an interesting locale; though primarily a location that provided excellent samples and Pokemon for bug and poison-type researchers, the supernatural rumors surrounding the Burial Ground certainly captured the attention of those who were interested in the nature of death and rebirth. In particular, one of Marion's former professors was convinced that these toxins were somehow related to the poisonous nature of Gastly, Haunter and Gengar. Knowing that Marion had yet to complete the field research component of her doctoral degree in Ghost Pokemon Studies, he surprised her one morning with a Drifloon messenger that floated through the window of her apartment, bearing a Shadow Mail containing a map to the Burial Ground and a message urging Marion to consider adding the Burial Ground to her list of places in Fizzytopia to explore. As soon as the Drifloon waved goodbye and floated back out the window, Marion immediately grabbed her bag and started packing. Unable to resist the strange rumors regarding humans and Pokemon rising from the dead, Marion decided to set off for this strange location and see what she might find.

    Of course, Marion was sure to prepare well for her trip to this poison-laden location; she planned to protect herself on the journey ahead with materials she salvaged from her laboratory days at university. Donning an old lab coat with a tag identifying her as "Marion Ette", her outfit was complete with safety goggles, mask, thigh-high boots (stylish AND practical), and thick rubber gloves. As far as Pokemon partners were concerned, Sangre was a natural choice for this journey. His immunity to poison, high vantage point (as a result of his ability to fly) and ability to use sonar to detect objects that may not necessarily be seen visually made him a perfect choice for this environment. After packing some notebooks and pens for observations (and some vials of blood for Sangre), Marion flew on the back of her beloved Crobat straight into the Dead Forest, where her professor had indicated the Burial Ground could be located.

    Certainly, there was a presence here that indicated to Marion that something wasn't right, though it was difficult to tell if it was merely the toxic nature of the air, or something more sinister. She gives the order for Crobat to stay alert and treads lightly on the poisonous soil; she is extra-careful when walking around the gravesite, and tries to be as quiet and respectful of her surroundings as possible. Even if this was a treacherous, poisonous land, it was still a place where the dead were buried and mourned and should be treated with the same respect as any graveyard. As she wanders, Marion lets the questions she has about this area swirl around in her mind: Who were these Witch Doctors? Are they a metaphor for some sort of tragic event, or a reality? Who was buried here, and were they buried before or after this place changed from paradise to poison? Of course, the biggest questions of all surrounded the idea that the toxins in the soil could bring people back from the dead. Marion wondered if the dead would be friendly, or hostile, or merely a shambling mess of bones... That is, if there was even such a thing as "rising from the dead" occurring here at all. Marion had her doubts, but this area certainly had a strange aura to it, and weirder things have been proven true before...

    [FB || PASBL]

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    OOC: Apologies to my updatees, I'm not that quick.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Jolteonjak – Boy, was it worth climbing this mountain! You and your Cyndaquil agreed that Posy Field was a little piece of heaven for trainer and Pokemon alike. Flowers, berries, apricorns, all sorts of plants grew here. Of course, you felt that the refreshing mountain air alone made this place worthwhile. You weren't the only one, of course; Posy Field was a popular spot for picnics and bug catching, though today this place wasn't nearly as populated as it could be. After checking on Cyndaquil to make sure he wouldn’t wander too far off or get himself into some other kind of trouble, you decide this would be a great place to relax; maybe some of those apricorns would be ripe for the picking when you woke up.

    About an hour or two later, you wake up to your Cyndaquil poking you, and you see a Teddiursa in the direction Cyndaquil’s pointing to. “Ursa!” the cute Little Bear says to you, then it runs into the midst of the trees, stopping to wave its hand to you with an "Urr saa saa!" Maybe it wants you to follow?

    What will Chad do?

    Chad laid down and decided to relax for a short time, after he had checked on Cyndaquil who was also relaxing. He was a little relieved to see it was an off-day today and not heavily populated by other trainers and families. For him, it meant any wild Pokemon that entered the field would all his. Chad's eyelids got heavier as he relaxed more until finally he began to snooze.

    "Not right now babe..." Chad mumbled in response to the feeling of being poked on the shoulder. When it didn't stop, he woke up to see it was Cyndaquil who was poking him. He checked his watch to see about roughly an hour had passed. "What is it? What's wrong Cyndaquil?" he asked a little concerned. He saw Cyndaquil was pointing at something. Looking in the direction of the pointing, he saw a little bear with a crescent on its head. He reached for his Pokedex to scan the bear cub:

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Teddiursa, the Little Bear Pokemon. Teddiursa lets honey soak into its paws so it can lick them all the time. Every set of paws tastes unique.
    "Ursa!" the Teddiursa said to Chad and Cydnaquil. It cutely smiled and ran off into a forested area. It stopped a little way down and waved to them saying, "Urr saa saa!" like it wanted us to follow it.

    "What do you think Cyndaquil? Do you want to follow it? I think it might be fun," Chad said to Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil looked at Chad and tilted his head thinking a bit.

    "Quil!" Cyndaquil replied enthusiastically waving his front paws.

    "All right, it's settled then. Let's go Cyndaquil." Chad got up and picked up his backpack. The pair began to follow the Teddiursa into the woods.



    Stats

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    3,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~Island Ports~

    Mon1010: Not only were you looking for a nice stroll through town, but instead you found yourself getting immersed in a theft. A Teddiursa, carrying a jar, knocked you and your dream-eating friend over as it escaped its pursuers. After getting up and dusting yourself off, you and Shaana approached the two tired men.

    "Excuse me. Did you say something about a thief?" you asked.

    The two men slowly stand up. "Why didn't you go after it?" one man asked a little impatiently. He was still a little out of breath. "That Teddiursa just made off with our last jar of Rawst Berry Balm. It's an effective cure for burns that both humans and Pokemon can use."

    "This is another in a series of thefts from our shop," the other man explained. "Why just last week a Meowth broke in and stole a jar," he looked from you to the other man. "I don't know what's going on, but my guess is there is a Pokemon in the woods by the Forest Lodge to the west of here burning the forest dwellers. At least, the thieves seem to be heading west when they run out."

    "It would be great if something could be done about that. We're unable to go out there ourselves; both of us can't leave the shop. It's bad enough Eric is going to have to make a trip now to Intado's Village to get more Balm to replace what was lost." He pointed to Eric. "Yes, he's Eric, my business partner and brother. I'm Frank Johnson. We run Johnson & Johnson's Pharmacy a little ways down the road."

    "Hey Frank, we should get back to the shop before anyone else rips us off," Eric said turning away. "Plus I have to get ready for my journey to the Village."

    Frank looked back at you. "If you know anyone who could help catch that thief, we'd really appreciate it. I'll be back at the shop." Frank turned and joined Eric walking away.

    While deciding what your next step will be, you're shocked to hear a woman yelling with a panicked voice, "Stop that Teddiursa! We've just been robbed!"

    You quickly spun around to see another Teddiursa run away, holding what looked like a tub of Moo Moo Ice Cream heading west. It seems this port city is getting picked apart by a pack of Pick-Uppers.

    What will you do?

    Apparently, that Teddiursa he had just crashed into had been the theif. Scott slapped his face with the palm of his hand for not having done anything when he had a chance. The two men explained that they owned a Pharmacy in town, and that there has been a string of robberies being committed by Kleptomaniac Pokemon that live by the Forest Lodge to the west of here.

    As the two brothers walked back to their shop, a thought popped up in Scott's mind. He could do something about these thefts. It would be the perfect opportunity to encounter some new Pokemon for his team, and get a little action while he was at it. Now, the only question was, what should he do next?

    It didn't take long for that question to be answered, a woman shouted at another Kleptomaniac Teddiursa who was stealing some Moo Moo Milk Ice Cream. Scott looked at his Munna, and a smirk appeared on the trainer's face. This time, he was ready to handle this. Shaana also seemed to get what Scott was thinking, and smiled herself.

    "Shaana, go use Yawn on that bear before it gets away." He commanded Shaana, while pointing at the Teddiursa. "If it tries to attack you, defend yourself with Psybeam. Oh, and try to make sure the Ice Cream isn't damaged."
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 31st May 2012 at 7:36 PM.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

    RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    [size=1]


    [size=1]
    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress

    It was nighttime on Adventure Path, and you were sitting at the edge of a cavern hoping to find a Murkrow flying around or a Vullaby walk by, but all the birds you saw were everything but Murkrow and Vullaby, and you started to get discouraged. Little did you know that you were sitting in the same cavern where a Skarmory was nesting. It looked a little too sleepy to want to pick a fight with you and Flare, so it used its wing to show you the door, and it was willing to call it good from there. Flare, however, looked at Skarmory and… maybe she wanted to play with it, but for some reason she spit some Embers straight into the Steel-type’s face. You tried to stop Flare, but it was too late, and so you covered your face because you were expecting Skarmory to be furious. It didn’t get burnt, nor did it go into full-on attack mode like you thought it would, but it was waking up and losing patience. It Leered at your Vulpix, saying “Skarr Skarrrrrr…” probably telling her it was willing to give you two one last chance to leave; otherwise, it would probably show you no mercy.

    What will Charlotte do?
    Things didn't seem to be going too well for both Charlotte and Flare. Flare had recklessly spit some Embers into the Skarmory's face, only to be Leered back at. The Skarmory seemed to want the two of them to leave, or else. But a trainer never ran away from a good battle, and so, with adrenaline pumping through her veins at the prospect of defeating a wild Pokemon and maybe even capturing it, Charlotte got into her battle-ready position, and said to Flare, "Hey, you want to keep on fighting, right?" Flare happily nodded, and also got into a battle stance, growling at the Skarmory, who was looking pretty p*ssed off right now.

    Putting a Poke Ball at the ready, Charlotte shouted, "Okay then, Flare, use Confuse Ray, then Heat Wave!" She was too excited to care that what she was doing may bring some severe consequences, but hey, when you were about to get your first wild capture, you were bound to feel pretty excited, right?


    Putting 4/5 of my Poke Balls at the ready. Also, sorry for the ridiculously short reply, I'm just not in a writing mood right now. Stats are linked in the banner.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,016

    Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 2

    Just to remind everyone of my rules:
    -Please reply in size 1 limegreen font as is standard for this zone.
    -Please have a link to your stats either in your signature or somewhere in your post.
    -Any items you use in your replies, including potions and Pokeballs, should have a link to the post where you obtained them. Also, please state which item it is; for example, if it is the fourth Pokeball out of five, you would add a (4/5) next to the item.
    -Please bold any attacks you have your Pokemon use, so it's easier for me to see the attacks being used. You may use up to three attacks; using items takes up one round, but a held item can activate without using up a move.
    -Follow FB rules, as usual.
    -Most importantly, have fun!




    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    Nerubi – {Your update is here.}

    InnerFlame – {Your update is here.}

    Thorndrop – {Your update is here}



    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress – {Don't worry, you're fine. As long as it's not, like, one or two lines and you give me something to work with, it doesn't matter how much you write, even though more is better.}

    Rather than heed an irritated Skarmory’s wishes, you and Flare decide this was a challenge that a trainer and her Pokemon should not back down from and face the Armor Bird head on. Seeing it was being challenged to a battle, Skarmory stood up and squawked to Flare, “All right, I warned you. Prepare to be tomorrow’s breakfast!

    And with that, Skarmory took flight and unleashed two sharp disks of Air; one of them Cuts into Flare for some damage. The other one struck the top of the mouth of the cave and caused it to close, blocking off your chance to escape being bird feed. Seeing as how you couldn’t leave now, there was nothing to do but continue the battle. Your Vulpix began your strategy by Confusing Skarmory with a sinister Ray of light, and the Steel-type was successfully dazed. The next thing Skarmory did was flap its wings and release some Spiky shards of metallic feathers… but in its confusion, it unleashed its attack off to the right of its target; as long as you stayed away from that area, you’d be able to avoid the problem altogether. Of course, Flare only needed to stay at her current position for her next move; she inhaled and exhaled intense Heat at Skarmory, who dodged to the right but got clipped by the attack, the tip of its wing feeling the Wave of intense flames as it charges in to Attack, guided by Fury to overcome its confusion and hit the Vulpix four times with its beak, then flew back, still looking pristine despite its slightly charred face and wing. Flare had slightly more health than Skarmory, but had slightly less energy than the Armor Bird. So far, it could go either way, but a lot was at stake for both sides.

    What will Charlotte do?



    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    Having successfully flushed out the picnic thief, it was time for you to get into the battle. And you’d start going on offense by being a little reckless. Bishop inhales and breathes a Wave of flames and hot air into the bushes, the Heat in that area intensifying and burning the bushes. No way was this going to be the prelude to some heavenly vision, but instead, out comes the little Karrablast! Clearly it didn’t expect you to be that reckless, and it paid for that by taking severe damage, though no lasting burns were inflicted. Then the bug looked at the burning bushes and became filled with anger; how dare you have such disregard for the environment! It directed its Fury towards your Hoothoot, Attacking it with reckless abandon and Bishop got hit by the assault twice for some pretty good damage per hit because of the lowered defenses. Now it was your Hoothoot’s turn to get mad; that horn really poked into some sensitive spots! Instead of getting physical, however, he opts to throw a tantrum, causing an Uproar that reverberated for a few yards, and dealing some solid damage, most of it being to Karrablast’s ears. Now it was ticked! First you two cause arson, now you’re waking up the whole neighborhood with your racket? That owl was going to pay! It again Attacks Furiously, this time getting in three hits while Bishop’s lowered defenses were taking their toll on him. The still burning bushes set the mood for where the battle was currently at. Karrablast looked like it still had some fight left in him, but it was still heavily injured and wasn’t going to take a whole lot more punishment. Bishop hadn’t taken as much damage, but he was starting to get pretty exhausted from doing those last two moves, and he was completely drained of the fire needed for his Heat Wave attack. Not only that, he was hooting pretty hoarsely; those attacks, especially Uproar, must have strained his voice a little.

    What will Joshua do?


    Jolteonjak

    Your Cyndaquil had awoken you from a fantasy land full of women, maybe money and fast cars, to point out a Teddiursa just outside the forest. This little cutie pie wanted you to follow her into the woods for some reason, and you and Cyndaquil were both a little curious, so you followed her in.

    As you follow the Little Bear through the woods, you can see all kinds of sights, including a Galvantula waiting patiently for its next meal to fly or run into its “live wire” web, and a girl with a Meowth stalking some weird objects you assumed to be bugs. The Teddiursa eventually brings you into a wooded area with each tree holding a different type of Berry. There were all sorts of Berries here, common and possibly rare, and each and every Berry looked ripe for the picking. Teddiursa tries climbing up one of the trees and only ends up sliding back down, tumbling back on her bum. “Urr saa, urs urs ursa…” she says sadly, trying to reach for the Berries. Apparently, this little one couldn’t climb the Berry trees and therefore couldn’t reach the Berries she wanted to eat. That might be why she brought you here, so you could help her get some. She looked like she was on the verge of tears, too, so you didn’t have much time to satisfy her. However, if you were able to pick plenty of Berries for her, she may be willing to share some with you.

    If you are willing to help this poor Teddiursa, play Teddiursa’s Garden Patch Match, and post your score along with your reply. Now, what will Chad do?


    Megh – {Just so you're aware, RPing the way Meowth did his Growl and saying it turned heads was a little dangerous; you don't know if Jake actually does his Growl or if I have him cough up a hairball instead. It's fine this time, but just be careful in the future. Thanks! =) }

    You were looking around the meadows at the very beginning of your bug-catching crusade, and you spotted three objects poking out of some bushes that looked out of the ordinary, and you decided that, instead of opting to wait for some rarer bug Pokemon, you weren’t that picky; you might as well go for what’s in front of you. So you planned to have Jake sneak up on the bugs, then surprise them.

    Well, being a cat Pokemon, Jake’s superb stealth abilities allow it to sneak up very quietly without disturbing any of the possible bugs within the bushes. Then you gave the signal, and your Meowth reared up then gave a very loud Growl grabbing the attention of a few people. As for the objects, the Weedle and Wurmple concealed in the bushes definitely got spooked and scurried off further into the bushes, escaping your attack, but the Y-shaped object wasn’t going to get away, as Jake Bit into… something wooden. You see him pull out a red, Y-shaped stick, and the both of you feel a little embarrassed in front of the onlookers, whom you can see holding back a few giggles.

    So much for your first battle! The good news: you won! The bad news: it wasn’t against a Pokemon. Well, nothing to do but shrug it off and move on. You come to another set of bushes next to the forest, and three more things catch your eye. You again see two yellow spikes jut out of the bushes, though not as much as the last two spikes you saw, so they might not mean another Wurmple was hiding there. Next was a finely designed web made of silk; maybe it had an occupant? Finally, there was… some sort of purple fuzz with a foot sticking out of it, it was really weird. After failing to get a bug previously, you needed to be a little more careful choosing what to attack this time.

    What will Megh do?



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    Your search for rainbow flowers took you to the Rainbow Pool, but in your search, you mistakenly tried to pick an Ingrained Roselia, and your punishment was a trip to Dreamland. Now you found yourself rescued by a girl and her Ludicolo, and you found yourself blushing a little at her beauty while asking, “Thank you for tending to me. I'm sorry if I put you through some trouble while I was asleep. May I ask how long I was out?”

    The girl noticed your voice trembling and put her hand close to her mouth, saying, “Um, it’s… been ten hours since we brought you here,” You looked out the window and noticed it was morning. You could smell biscuits in the pot over the fire, one of many possible staples for breakfast. The girl continued to look down, and so, as you rubbed the Ludicolo’s head, you asked, "May I also... ask why you are a bit down?"

    “Oh, I’m sorry!” she apologized, blushing in embarrassment. “It’s just… I’m not used to other people around here. You see… Ludicolo and I… live here by ourselves. We… live off the land around here because it’s peaceful and untouched by humans. We were gathering herbs and berries for food when we saw you. My name is Leah, by the way. So, may I… ask who you are and… why you came here? You… don’t look like… you’re even from Astoria.”

    What will Frinth do?
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 8th June 2012 at 7:00 AM.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #02

    Welcome aboard Charminions! Enjoy your stay. Apologies to Mon1010; I'll try to get your update in soon, but I'm already over my Thursday/Friday deadline. =\

    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: While taking a break at the lake, you observe a Deerling emerge from the forest across the lake to drink some water. It is then struck by a Jumpluff that’s floating out-of-control, and the Deerling falls into the lake. It’s quite panicked and thrashing and splashing about in the water, which attracts a Blue-Striped Basculin.

    Immediately you decide to go rescue it by jumping into the lake to save the time of running around it. Zoomer, on the other hand, stands by the shore and watches thinking it would have gone more smoothly if he were helping. Despite your quick swimming, the Basculin is naturally faster. It’s closing in on the Deerling, while you just barely reach the center of the lake. Zoomer decides to act and fires a multi-colored beam from his horn, which is flashing like a signal light.

    The beam hits Basculin on its dorsal fin, and it gets thrown off course. It submerges momentarily to collect itself and resurfaces to look around. The Basculin sees you swimming towards the Deerling, and it decides that you’ll be an easier target. It begins to quickly swim towards you, looking hungry and upset for being attacked.

    Just then Zoomer notices a man dressed in a dark green and tan uniform appear and summon a purple star-shaped Pokémon from a Pokeball. He hears the man say to it, “Starmie, use Telekinesis on the Deerling to get it out of the water!” Zoomer can’t see where Starmie’s face was, but he can sense the psychic energy being used. Starmie’s core glows, and Zoomer sees the panicking Deerling being lifted out of the lake. It begins to calm down once it could see it was hovering over land. Starmie places it on the shore and releases its hold on the deer. Almost instantly, the Deerling runs back into the safety of the trees.

    Zoomer turns its attention back to the Forest Ranger, who turns his attention to the raucous in the water. “Starmie, Telekinesis again, on the boy in the water! Get him out of there!” he orders. Once again, the Starmie’s core glows, radiating the same psychic energy as before. Suddenly you feel yourself being lifted out of the water, floating over to the shore by Zoomer, and landing on the ground.

    With nothing foreign and tasty in the lake, the Basculin submerges, feeling defeated and still hungry.

    The Forest Ranger returns Starmie to its Pokeball, and he starts walking over to you. “Quick thinking jumping in the water like that, but perhaps your Ralts there would have been more effective with its attacks,” the man says to you. “You must be cold. Take this towel and dry off.” He hands you a towel. “While you are free to explore this area, I must caution you that the fish Pokémon that inhabit these lakes have been pretty vicious lately. That Basculin was just a baby. The full-grown ones are much nastier. I was actually coming to this lake to post a few warning signs. Maybe you could post them here for me. I have many more signs to post at the other lakes, so I could head directly over to the other lakes.” The Forest Ranger reaches in his backpack and withdraws four signs and hands them over to you, and you exchange the towel for the signs. “If you could place them at, perhaps, corners of the lake, that would be great. You’d be helping me out a lot.”

    You look at one of the signs that says:

    CAUTION!
    DANGEROUS POKEMON
    SPOTTED IN THESE LAKES
    SWIM WITH CAUTION

    “At some point I’d like to figure out what is causing this, but for now warning the public must come first,” the Forest Ranger says. “I must get going to the other lakes before sunset. I’ll swing by this lake on my way back to the station, since the station is through that clearing over there,” pointing at the clearing on the far side of the lake. Thanks again for your help!” The Forest Ranger waves at you and walks away.

    Looks like you have four signs to post around this lake. Here might be a good place to start, seeing a path nearby. Then, perhaps across the lake opposite this spot for one. Then the clearing heading towards the station might be a good place for the third, and finally across the lake again opposite that spot should make up the four corners. What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Celebii151: A change of scenery brings you from the mountainous path to the wooded area of Adventure Path. After chasing Valerius who is chasing a Buneary here, you decide to search the forest. Your initial findings of your immediate surroundings are that a lot of Pokemon and possibly people have been walking around, possibly living here.

    As you look around the travelled forest floor, you can see bits of fur on a twig. Upon further inspection of the blue fur you feel that it's cool to the touch and even a little wet. Valerius walks up and inspects the clump of fur you are inspecting. She sniffs it and backs away. Out of the corner of your eye you can see her looking around intently and sniffing the air around her. She turns to her left and starts to run away. Wondering what she is up to you follow. A few yards away from you, you can see her barking at a tree. She's looking up the trunk, front paws resting on it. You finally catch up to her and begin to calm her down. She's still looking up, so you look up too. On a branch in that tree, you see the blue creature whose fur you inspected earlier. The creature in the tree has large ears, a club on its tail, and what looks like a geyser coming out of its head. The Panpour's eyes also look closed.

    "POUR!" The Panpour cries out upon seeing you. It begins to panic, pacing on the branch. The Panpour appears to be young, based on the sound of its voice and how much it's panicking. It unleashes water from its mouth looking like it was fired from a gun. Although the attack was weak, you and Valerius still dodge it. "POUR!" the frightened monkey calls out again. Hoping to scare you both off, Panpour stares at Valerius trying its best to intimidate her. The leer causes her to pause for a second, but Panpour follows that up with another weak Water Gun. The attack misses Valerius. What will you do?

    -------------------------------------------------------


    Charminions: As you travel along Adventure Path, you look down to your chosen partner for this adventure, Osage. He shows no signs of wearing out, but you decide to sit on a nearby rock and have some refreshing water. With Osage being a newer Pokemon of yours, you feel this is a great chance to bond with him; however, he shows signs of the contrary after turning down your offering him water. You signal to Osage that it's time to continue your journey. You share with Osage that you're looking for a bird Pokemon, and that seemed to catch Sneasel's eye. You start to wonder how you'll get through to him. At least he listens to you like when you say you're leaving.

    You look up in the sky searching for one of the bird Pokemon this mountain is famous for. You don't see anything flying about, but you do see the sky is clear. You look forward to check where you're going. Along the side of the road, you see various plants and flowers. Your eye spies a particular bush to your right. Hanging off the bush, you find a purple berry. You decide to approach it; maybe Osage would like it. As you do, a short white creature pokes its head through a nearby bush. This pig-nosed creature, looks at you and over to the Cornn Berry. Its eyes widen at the sight of the berry, and it leaves the cover of the bush. You see your chance to grab the berry first and take it. The Mankey sees you pick it, and tears fill its eyes.

    The Mankey looks on as you make an attempt to give it to Osage. Out of the corner of your eye, you see a rock sailing your way. You get out of the way, but Osage wasn't lucky enough. It smacked him down to the ground. Looking back at the Mankey, it seems pleased with itself. All of a sudden it disappears from where it was and appears between you and Osage. It looks at you, with big tear-filled eyes, and looks at and touches the Cornn Berry. It manages to get its whole hand on the berry. Coveting that berry, Mankey grabs it from your hand; boasts a little; and scampers off into the woods. What will you do?

    --------------------------------------------------------


    Myahoo: Satisfied with Wildfire’s discovery of the cave in the mountainside, the both of you make your way into its mouth; you hobbling slowly over. Now that it was raining full force at least you’d be dry. Once your initial feeling of invading the lair of an unsuspecting Pokemon subsides, you both move further in with Wildfire’s flames on his back lighting the way.

    Wildfire, a few steps ahead of you, finds a large flat rock for you to rest on. You happily oblige to this and begin to rest your legs. Taking a moment to reflect on your journey, thus far, you wonder whether or not your leg is truly broken. Your reflecting is halted after a few moments when you start to hear what sounds like chirping further in the cave. The both of you look at each other bewildered. A bird? In this cave? Your first thought is wondering if it’s a baby bird who’s hurt.

    You look to your partner and make a request that he go further in the cave to see what the source of the chirping is. After all, if the Pokemon is hurt, you could help heal it. Wildfire nods and turns and walks further in the cave. You watch the light get dimmer as he goes deeper inside.

    Wildfire walks slowly and cautiously alone in the cave. Instinctively he lessened the intensity of the flames on his back, so as not to draw unwanted attention to him. Plus he could see a little better than his trainer anyway. He looked all around, inspecting the area to see if he could find the source of the chirping. The size of the tunnel never changed much. As he pressed on, the chirping got louder and slowly it became more clear.

    After a short time Wildfire sees what looks like a large cavern in the mountain. He enters it, still being careful to not be seen. Finally he spots the source of the chirping. Wildfire sees a grey and white bird with a curl on its head flying in the cavern. He sees it's looking sternly at something, and come to think of it Wildfire wonders where this bright blue light came from. Moving around the outer wall a bit he sees what the Staravia is looking at. There facing Staravia is a purple rock with three legs and light blue gems, and Wildfire determines that the gems are giving off the glow. He watches this rock as it creates rocks and fires them at the Staravia.

    "Wings, dodge those!" orders a new voice. Wildfire looks around the room to see a girl, a little taller than you, fists clenched switching her focus between the Starvia and the Boldore. He looked back at the Staravia, who was able to weave around the four rocks that were blasted its way. "Great, now use Steel Wing!" The wings of the battling bird begin to glow a silvery metallic color at this command. The Staravia straightens its wings and soars towards the Boldore. Its wing smacks into the Ore Pokemon, and it falls back in pain. The force of the fall shakes the ground around the cavern, which spooks Wildfire enough to run to the exit and through it. As Wildfire exits, the Boldore fires a rock at Staravia, which painfully smacks it down. He doesn't see this happen, but he hears the Staravia cry out.

    While you sit and wait in the dark, you have your hand near your other Pokeballs just in case a nasty crawls out of the darkness to attack you. All of a sudden you hear a rumbling in the direction Wildfire traveled moments ago. Now you hear Wildfire squeal, and you see the fire on his back announcing his arrival as your location gets brighter and brighter. Seeing nothing accompanying Wildfire you ask him what is going on. Your Cyndaquil stands on his hind legs and begins signing. He points to you and starts to squeal a little. Next he waves his arms like he's flapping wings. Finally he puts his front paws down and lifts one of his hind legs and growls, followed by him jumping and curling into a ball, and you catching him. Given this information, what will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: As you travel through the cave you are presented with another choice of paths. You decide to leave the choice up to Volts to choose the path. Contrary to what you expected, Volts chose to go left further into the darkness than towards the brighter path on the right. The path begins to slope downward moreso than before, but it doesn't affect your walking at all.

    The sound of the waterfall begins to get muffled as you walk further away from it, but you still hear the sounds of drops every now and then. Now you begin to hear a soft screeching. As you walk towards it, it gets a little louder. Eventually you come to a cavern with a small underground lake. There isn't much light in the cave, but with what you have you are able to make out a blue four-legged bug walking on the lake. As you get closer to it, the Surskit gets scared and fires some bubbles at you. The bubbles distract you both long enough for Surskit to quickly disappear from view and attack Volts. The force knocks Volts back a few feet. What will you do?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post


    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: As you travel through the cave you are presented with another choice of paths. You decide to leave the choice up to Volts to choose the path. Contrary to what you expected, Volts chose to go left further into the darkness than towards the brighter path on the right. The path begins to slope downward moreso than before, but it doesn't affect your walking at all.

    The sound of the waterfall begins to get muffled as you walk further away from it, but you still hear the sounds of drops every now and then. Now you begin to hear a soft screeching. As you walk towards it, it gets a little louder. Eventually you come to a cavern with a small underground lake. There isn't much light in the cave, but with what you have you are able to make out a blue four-legged bug walking on the lake. As you get closer to it, the Surskit gets scared and fires some bubbles at you. The bubbles distract you both long enough for Surskit to quickly disappear from view and attack Volts. The force knocks Volts back a few feet. What will you do?
    "Crap, we shouldn't have gotten so close to it unannounced. You all right there Volts?" Myrrh asked. His words were somewhat rushed and a bit nervous in tone. His little friend nodded back at him, he seemed to be fine after the surprise Quick Attack from the Surskit. Myrrh didn't have much time to think. He did not want Volts to start being pummeled by the Surskit.

    "All right Volts, try letting off a Growl at it to lower its attack, then give it a taste of your Quick Attack!


    *If this is too short....
    Last edited by Myrrh; 3rd June 2012 at 6:40 AM.



  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    Your search for rainbow flowers took you to the Rainbow Pool, but in your search, you mistakenly tried to pick an Ingrained Roselia, and your punishment was a trip to Dreamland. Now you found yourself rescued by a girl and her Ludicolo, and you found yourself blushing a little at her beauty while asking, “Thank you for tending to me. I'm sorry if I put you through some trouble while I was asleep. May I ask how long I was out?”

    The girl noticed your voice trembling and put her hand close to her mouth, saying, “Um, it’s… been ten hours since we brought you here,” You looked out the window and noticed it was morning. You could smell biscuits in the pot over the fire, one of many possible staples for breakfast. The girl continued to look down, and so, as you rubbed the Ludicolo’s head, you asked, "May I also... ask why you are a bit down?"

    “Oh, I’m sorry!” she apologized, blushing in embarrassment. “It’s just… I’m not used to other people around here. You see… Ludicolo and I… live here by ourselves. We… live off the land around here because it’s peaceful and untouched by humans. We were gathering herbs and berries for food when we saw you. My name is Leah, by the way. So, may I… ask who you are and… why you came here? You… don’t look like… you’re even from Astoria.”

    What will Frinth do?
    Frinth replied, "Hello there Leah", he said with a bright smile. "I've come to explore this place, in general. Possibly to take home some samples as souvenirs, or catch a few Pokemon to be taken care of in my squad." He took out his pokeball, then released his partner. A green, reptilian creature appeared as the flash withdrew. A confident stance was apparent in his personality, and as he landed on the floor, he sat in his meditative phase. Letting go of his surroundings, yet further amplifying his senses in this case.

    "Here's Trick. My Treecko!" He then answered her remaining question. "Well, I'm not. I just came from a world below, under some group called the Fizzy Bubbles administration. They're not really an administration, but it could be something like a club, and they control the universe we live in. This is my first adventure, and-" he looks around, a warm serene atmosphere circulating around the dwelling, and something calm emanating from the sweet girl in front of him. "-This is a really nice home. It looks nice. You look nice."He faltered in his speech, then continued,"Was I any trouble? I can help you out with more work, or I could take you with me on my adventure, if you'd like to." A blushed wave was inevitably noticeable.


    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125
    Last edited by Coolz8; 3rd June 2012 at 8:24 AM.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pyroland.
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post

    Megh – {Just so you're aware, RPing the way Meowth did his Growl and saying it turned heads was a little dangerous; you don't know if Jake actually does his Growl or if I have him cough up a hairball instead. It's fine this time, but just be careful in the future. Thanks! =) }

    You were looking around the meadows at the very beginning of your bug-catching crusade, and you spotted three objects poking out of some bushes that looked out of the ordinary, and you decided that, instead of opting to wait for some rarer bug Pokemon, you weren’t that picky; you might as well go for what’s in front of you. So you planned to have Jake sneak up on the bugs, then surprise them.

    Well, being a cat Pokemon, Jake’s superb stealth abilities allow it to sneak up very quietly without disturbing any of the possible bugs within the bushes. Then you gave the signal, and your Meowth reared up then gave a very loud Growl grabbing the attention of a few people. As for the objects, the Weedle and Wurmple concealed in the bushes definitely got spooked and scurried off further into the bushes, escaping your attack, but the Y-shaped object wasn’t going to get away, as Jake Bit into… something wooden. You see him pull out a red, Y-shaped stick, and the both of you feel a little embarrassed in front of the onlookers, whom you can see holding back a few giggles.

    So much for your first battle! The good news: you won! The bad news: it wasn’t against a Pokemon. Well, nothing to do but shrug it off and move on. You come to another set of bushes next to the forest, and three more things catch your eye. You again see two yellow spikes jut out of the bushes, though not as much as the last two spikes you saw, so they might not mean another Wurmple was hiding there. Next was a finely designed web made of silk; maybe it had an occupant? Finally, there was… some sort of purple fuzz with a foot sticking out of it, it was really weird. After failing to get a bug previously, you needed to be a little more careful choosing what to attack this time.

    What will Megh do?




    Megh shakes her head in bitter defeat. A stick?! She thought for sure that'd be one of those Caterpie things she sees all the time. Oh God, the way the entire field was laughing at her... she nearly cried! Well, not again, Megh thinks to herself. No, I won't let it happen again! I'll prove I can catch a Pokemon just the same as them! Still feeling somewhat defeated, she creeps over to the new bush.

    "A web, huh? That's interesting. Let's go for that one," she muses.
    "Mya," says Jake, nodding in agreement. Megh can't help but feel sorry for the little cat. He got the brunt of the embarrassment. Although he is lazy, he still has a good spirit, and quivers with as much enthusiasm as he did with the first attempt. He fixes the bush with a stare only a cat could pull off.

    Looking around to make sure there aren't any onlookers this time, Megh whispers to Jake, "The surprise tactic didn't work, so go up to it all stealthy like before, then pounce on the web and pin it down so that whatever made it won't escape. Then, give 'em a scratch and we'll go from there." Jake nods, and once again drops to his belly, gliding through the grass like an Ekans. Megh fumbles with one of the two Poke Balls she had, feeling unsure of herself. What if the web is empty or something? She makes no effort to chase out the bad thoughts this time, as she very well knows they could be true...

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    eyrie peak
    ~Adventure path~

    Celebii151: A change of scenery brings you from the mountainous path to the wooded area of Adventure Path. After chasing Valerius who is chasing a Buneary here, you decide to search the forest. Your initial findings of your immediate surroundings are that a lot of Pokemon and possibly people have been walking around, possibly living here.

    As you look around the travelled forest floor, you can see bits of fur on a twig. Upon further inspection of the blue fur you feel that it's cool to the touch and even a little wet. Valerius walks up and inspects the clump of fur you are inspecting. She sniffs it and backs away. Out of the corner of your eye you can see her looking around intently and sniffing the air around her. She turns to her left and starts to run away. Wondering what she is up to you follow. A few yards away from you, you can see her barking at a tree. She's looking up the trunk, front paws resting on it. You finally catch up to her and begin to calm her down. She's still looking up, so you look up too. On a branch in that tree, you see the blue creature whose fur you inspected earlier. The creature in the tree has large ears, a club on its tail, and what looks like a geyser coming out of its head. The Panpour's eyes also look closed.

    "POUR!" the Panpour cries out upon seeing you. It begins to panic, pacing on the branch. The Panpour appears to be young, based on the sound of its voice and how much it's panicking. It unleashes Water from its mouth looking like it was fired from a gun. Although the attack was weak, you and Valerius still dodge it. "pour!" the frightened monkey calls out again. Hoping to scare you both off, Panpour stares at Valerius trying its best to intimidate her. The Leer causes her to pause for a second, but Panpour follows that up with another weak Water Gun. The attack misses Valerius. What will you do?
    After the initial encounter with the male Buneary earlier, Cele and Valerius decided to continue exploring this new part of Adventure Path. Cele began to walk a bit further inside, looking up to see if he could spot any bird Pokemon. The skies and the canopy trees seemed empty for now, and Cele didn't even hear a single chirp. "Val, maybe we should move on to a different area. It looks as if there are no wild Pokemon here, for now."

    Cele turned around to leave, when he spotted something blue in the corner of his eye. Walking towards it, he identified it as fur, that felt damp and cool. Cele put the fur to Valerius' nose so she could sniff out the source. Valerius sniffed it, and began running in some direction. Cele struggled to keep up with her, before she stopped in front of a tree and barked at it wildly. Cele stopped behind her, panting heavily.

    Looking up, Cele noticed a primate-like creature, with a blue tuft on its head and tail and beige body and arms. His Pokedex was already in his hand from a previous encounter, so he quickly scanned the Pokemon. The Pokedex came to life and began to speak. Panpour, the Spray Pokémon. The water stored inside the tuft on its head is full of nutrients. Plants that receive its water grow large. "Wow, so that's a Panpour. A Water-Type Pokemon, I assume." Cele's suspiscions were confirmed as the Panpour fired a Water Gun at Cele and Valerius, though they both managed to dodge it. The Spray Pokemon tried its hand an ineffective Leer move, which barely intimidated Valerius or Cele at all. Panpour tries another Water Gun at Cele and Valerius, which they easily dodge.

    "This Panpour sure is feisty, though it seems a bit young." Cele observes. "If it wants a battle, we'll give it one!" Cele said, grabbing a Pokeball from his belt and enlarging it. He tossed it towards the tree the Panpour was in, and the Pokemon held inside emerged. A blue turtle like Pokemon rotated on its shell while squirting out a Water Gun. It let out a joyful 'Squirtle!' upon seeing its trainer and then noticed a Panpour on the tree in front of it. "Yes, Neptune, you're going to battle it." Cele said. "Don't worry, this'll be easy for you. A Water-Type for a Water-Type." Neptune just rolled his eyes at awaited orders. "Okay, Neptune, first order of business would be to get it on the ground. A Water Pulse should be sufficient for that. After, hit it with a Skull Bash and follow up with a Dynamicpunch." Cele commanded.
    Last edited by FlashFusion; 4th June 2012 at 5:33 PM.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

        Spoiler:- PASBL Record:



  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: While taking a break at the lake, you observe a Deerling emerge from the forest across the lake to drink some water. It is then struck by a Jumpluff that’s floating out-of-control, and the Deerling falls into the lake. It’s quite panicked and thrashing and splashing about in the water, which attracts a Blue-Striped Basculin.

    Immediately you decide to go rescue it by jumping into the lake to save the time of running around it. Zoomer, on the other hand, stands by the shore and watches thinking it would have gone more smoothly if he were helping. Despite your quick swimming, the Basculin is naturally faster. It’s closing in on the Deerling, while you just barely reach the center of the lake. Zoomer decides to act and fires a multi-colored beam from his horn, which is flashing like a signal light.

    The beam hits Basculin on its dorsal fin, and it gets thrown off course. It submerges momentarily to collect itself and resurfaces to look around. The Basculin sees you swimming towards the Deerling, and it decides that you’ll be an easier target. It begins to quickly swim towards you, looking hungry and upset for being attacked.

    Just then Zoomer notices a man dressed in a dark green and tan uniform appear and summon a purple star-shaped Pokémon from a Pokeball. He hears the man say to it, “Starmie, use Telekinesis on the Deerling to get it out of the water!” Zoomer can’t see where Starmie’s face was, but he can sense the psychic energy being used. Starmie’s core glows, and Zoomer sees the panicking Deerling being lifted out of the lake. It begins to calm down once it could see it was hovering over land. Starmie places it on the shore and releases its hold on the deer. Almost instantly, the Deerling runs back into the safety of the trees.

    Zoomer turns its attention back to the Forest Ranger, who turns his attention to the raucous in the water. “Starmie, Telekinesis again, on the boy in the water! Get him out of there!” he orders. Once again, the Starmie’s core glows, radiating the same psychic energy as before. Suddenly you feel yourself being lifted out of the water, floating over to the shore by Zoomer, and landing on the ground.

    With nothing foreign and tasty in the lake, the Basculin submerges, feeling defeated and still hungry.

    The Forest Ranger returns Starmie to its Pokeball, and he starts walking over to you. “Quick thinking jumping in the water like that, but perhaps your Ralts there would have been more effective with its attacks,” the man says to you. “You must be cold. Take this towel and dry off.” He hands you a towel. “While you are free to explore this area, I must caution you that the fish Pokémon that inhabit these lakes have been pretty vicious lately. That Basculin was just a baby. The full-grown ones are much nastier. I was actually coming to this lake to post a few warning signs. Maybe you could post them here for me. I have many more signs to post at the other lakes, so I could head directly over to the other lakes.” The Forest Ranger reaches in his backpack and withdraws four signs and hands them over to you, and you exchange the towel for the signs. “If you could place them at, perhaps, corners of the lake, that would be great. You’d be helping me out a lot.”

    You look at one of the signs that says:

    CAUTION!
    DANGEROUS POKEMON
    SPOTTED IN THESE LAKES
    SWIM WITH CAUTION

    “At some point I’d like to figure out what is causing this, but for now warning the public must come first,” the Forest Ranger says. “I must get going to the other lakes before sunset. I’ll swing by this lake on my way back to the station, since the station is through that clearing over there,” pointing at the clearing on the far side of the lake. Thanks again for your help!” The Forest Ranger waves at you and walks away.

    Looks like you have four signs to post around this lake. Here might be a good place to start, seeing a path nearby. Then, perhaps across the lake opposite this spot for one. Then the clearing heading towards the station might be a good place for the third, and finally across the lake again opposite that spot should make up the four corners. What will you do?
    Niles started growling and splashing at the Basculin heading towards him. It had stopped going for the grassy Pokemon and was headed for him now. Niles didn't notice that the Pokemon wasn't even there anymore. As he continued to snarl at the Pokemon he felt himself being lifted out of the water. He looked back to see Zoomer gawking at a man in a foresty uniform with a Starmie, it looked like a Pokemon Ranger. Niles knew that if you ever needed help in the wild, those were the people to look out for. Niles landed on the ground, wondering what got him up there. He turned back to see if the Basculin was still there, so he could finish it off. Sadly it was not.

    “Quick thinking jumping in the water like that, but perhaps your Ralts there would have been more effective with its attacks,” The Ranger suggested. Niles just smiled, he felt proud from the compliment, but didn't really notice the important advice that went along with it. Niles takes a towel from the Ranger, with a nod of thanks. He listens to the Ranger's warning about the fish in the area and the request to help put up signs to warn others. Jamie smiles widely holding the 4 signs as the Ranger walks off.

    "I get to be a junior Ranger!" Niles screamed excitedly to Zoomer. The Ralts just tilts his head slightly, in confusion. Niles handed three of the signs to Ralts and planted the fourth one into the ground, with the message facing away from the lake. Niles used all his weight to try to push it into the ground.

    "Zoomer use a grass knot on this sign to keep it in place." Jamie ordered. Zoomer flustered with signs heard this and his eyes started to glow green.

    Stats
    Last edited by YDT; 7th August 2012 at 4:44 PM.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress – {Don't worry, you're fine. As long as it's not, like, one or two lines and you give me something to work with, it doesn't matter how much you write, even though more is better.}

    Rather than heed an irritated Skarmory’s wishes, you and Flare decide this was a challenge that a trainer and her Pokemon should not back down from and face the Armor Bird head on. Seeing it was being challenged to a battle, Skarmory stood up and squawked to Flare, “All right, I warned you. Prepare to be tomorrow’s breakfast!

    And with that, Skarmory took flight and unleashed two sharp disks of Air; one of them Cuts into Flare for some damage. The other one struck the top of the mouth of the cave and caused it to close, blocking off your chance to escape being bird feed. Seeing as how you couldn’t leave now, there was nothing to do but continue the battle. Your Vulpix began your strategy by Confusing Skarmory with a sinister Ray of light, and the Steel-type was successfully dazed. The next thing Skarmory did was flap its wings and release some Spiky shards of metallic feathers… but in its confusion, it unleashed its attack off to the right of its target; as long as you stayed away from that area, you’d be able to avoid the problem altogether. Of course, Flare only needed to stay at her current position for her next move; she inhaled and exhaled intense Heat at Skarmory, who dodged to the right but got clipped by the attack, the tip of its wing feeling the Wave of intense flames as it charges in to Attack, guided by Fury to overcome its confusion and hit the Vulpix four times with its beak, then flew back, still looking pristine despite its slightly charred face and wing. Flare had slightly more health than Skarmory, but had slightly less energy than the Armor Bird. So far, it could go either way, but a lot was at stake for both sides.

    What will Charlotte do?
    [/color]
    Charlotte gritted her teeth as she watched the Skarmory take flight and attack Flare using discs of air, followed up by shooting some spikes, though those went off-course, thanks to Flare's well-timed Confuse Ray. However, the Skarmory quickly recovered using Fury Attack, foiling Charlotte's plan. As Flare stood facing the Skarmory, which had flown back, she began to brainstorm a new strategy.

    Just then, a light bulb lit up inside Charlotte's head. "That's it!" Charlotte exclaimed. "Flare, change of plans. First use Hynosis, and then use Fire Spin to trap the Skarmory. If he wakes up, just use Hypnosis again, and if the Fire Spin wears out, just use Fire Spin again - with it trapped, it's bound to faint sometime! If it escapes, then just use Heat Wave again, okay?"

    Charlotte crossed her fingers as Flare prepared to launch her first attacks, and hoped that her strategy wasn't as stupid as she thought it was.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Welcome aboard Charminions! Enjoy your stay.

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Charminions: As you travel along Adventure Path, you look down to your chosen partner for this adventure, Osage. He shows no signs of wearing out, but you decide to sit on a nearby rock and have some refreshing water. With Osage being a newer Pokemon of yours, you feel this is a great chance to bond with him; however, he shows signs of the contrary after turning down your offering him water. You signal to Osage that it's time to continue your journey. You share with Osage that you're looking for a bird Pokemon, and that seemed to catch Sneasel's eye. You start to wonder how you'll get through to him. At least he listens to you like when you say you're leaving.

    You look up in the sky searching for one of the bird Pokemon this mountain is famous for. You don't see anything flying about, but you do see the sky is clear. You look forward to check where you're going. Along the side of the road, you see various plants and flowers. Your eye spies a particular bush to your right. Hanging off the bush, you find a purple berry. You decide to approach it; maybe Osage would like it. As you do, a short white creature pokes its head through a nearby bush. This pig-nosed creature, looks at you and over to the Cornn Berry. Its eyes widen at the sight of the berry, and it leaves the cover of the bush. You see your chance to grab the berry first and take it. The Mankey sees you pick it, and tears fill its eyes.

    The Mankey looks on as you make an attempt to give it to Osage. Out of the corner of your eye, you see a rock sailing your way. You get out of the way, but Osage wasn't lucky enough. It smacked him down to the ground. Looking back at the Mankey, it seems pleased with itself. All of a sudden it disappears from where it was and appears between you and Osage. It looks at you, with big tear-filled eyes, and looks at and touches the Cornn Berry. It manages to get its whole hand on the berry. Coveting that berry, Mankey grabs it from your hand; boasts a little; and scampers off into the woods. What will you do?
    Sweet, thanks!

    Charm and Osage continued traveling through the Adventure Path, hoping to find flying pokemon to catch. Charm gives a frown as he looks towards the sky and finds it to be clear of any pokemon. Looking back down on the road, Charm sees a bush to his right with a strange purple berry.

    "Oh cool, a berry!" Charm says and he moves towards it to get a closer look. He spots a monkey pokemon with a pig nose as he approaches the bush. A Mankey, eh? Whatever. he thinks to himself, obviously disinterested as he grabs the berry.

    "Oh, so this is a Cornn Berry," he says, "here Osage, I got this for you." Before Osage could respond, a rock was soaring our way, "Oh ****!" Charm ducks away. Unfortunately the rocks smacks Osage down. Charm curses under his breath as the Mankey cheers before appearing in front of Charm and Osage. The Mankey's eyes fill with tears as he looks at the Cornn Berry and touches it. Before Charm can react, the wild Mankey covets the berry out of his hand and runs off into the woods. Charm finds himself dumbfounded at how this all happened so quickly and then shrugs it off, "let's keep moving, Osage, we got plans to follow." The Sneasel gets up, rubbing his forehead before filling with anger. "Ohh no, don't think about it Osage. That little monkey means nothing." But it was too late, Osage was already running off into the woods to chase after the pesky Mankey for his revenge.

    "... God damnit," Charm sighs as he trails after Osage and the two scurry into the woods in pursuit of the Mankey.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    Named after the odd shape of the mountain which from a distance resembles an eagle's head, Mt.Eyrie was feared by many ancient tribes who once dwelled in the forest. Because no humans ever set foot upon the mountain, Eyrie Peak has become a haven for bird Pokémon who have made it their nesting ground. Because of this, the recent influx of tourists in the vicinity have their sights set upon this area, specifically in the hope of finding some of the rarer Pokémon in the land. Be warned, the Pokémon nesting here are likely to be fierce and will protect their babies at all costs.

    Adventure Path: Bustling with bird’s nests, this long and jagged path seems to spiral up and around the mountain leading to Eyrie Peak. Several caverns cluster the trail, all inhabited by flying types.
    So here I am, wearing one of my favorite video game t-shirts (today I took my black "Hyrule symbol" one), long jeans and white running shoes, have packed my brand new backpack and have my trusty Poochyena, Max, walking along side of me, ready to go off on my very first trip as a Pokémon Trainer. I have waited for 10 years after I have reached to legal age to become one. What took me so long, you ask? It's simple, really: I didn't really saw the point back then, I was simply happy to have my Poochenya, Max, with me, and go on with my simple life. But I got bored, and tired of this routine-filled life. Tired of being with all those people who I trusted, just to turn their backs on me for no reason, no explanation... Thankfully, Max was and still is always with me, and I have found a way to finally get away of all the hassle: travel far away from civilization, and make actual friends that would last and worth of my trust: Pokémon.

    Since this would be my first outing as a trainer, what a better place to go other than an area with "adventure" right into its name? The air is crisp, and all you could hear is the random chirping of the birds lurking around Mountain Eyrie. I really have the feeling my choice was the right one to start.

    "It's nice, isn't it?" I ask Max after I took a big gulf of fresh air, "it's sure a big change compared to the suburbs at home."

    He joyfully barks in response.

    "I'm sure we'll found some good wild Pokémon to practice battling, maybe one to catch too!"

    He simply wags his tail, smiling right back at me.

    "Well," I stare at the long road, "here goes nothing!"

    So we walked on the Adventure Path, hoping it will live up to its name.
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 7th June 2012 at 12:03 PM.

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post

    Eyrie Peak


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    Having successfully flushed out the picnic thief, it was time for you to get into the battle. And you’d start going on offense by being a little reckless. Bishop inhales and breathes a Wave of flames and hot air into the bushes, the Heat in that area intensifying and burning the bushes. No way was this going to be the prelude to some heavenly vision, but instead, out comes the little Karrablast! Clearly it didn’t expect you to be that reckless, and it paid for that by taking severe damage, though no lasting burns were inflicted. Then the bug looked at the burning bushes and became filled with anger; how dare you have such disregard for the environment! It directed its Fury towards your Hoothoot, Attacking it with reckless abandon and Bishop got hit by the assault twice for some pretty good damage per hit because of the lowered defenses. Now it was your Hoothoot’s turn to get mad; that horn really poked into some sensitive spots! Instead of getting physical, however, he opts to throw a tantrum, causing an Uproar that reverberated for a few yards, and dealing some solid damage, most of it being to Karrablast’s ears. Now it was ticked! First you two cause arson, now you’re waking up the whole neighborhood with your racket? That owl was going to pay! It again Attacks Furiously, this time getting in three hits while Bishop’s lowered defenses were taking their toll on him. The still burning bushes set the mood for where the battle was currently at. Karrablast looked like it still had some fight left in him, but it was still heavily injured and wasn’t going to take a whole lot more punishment. Bishop hadn’t taken as much damage, but he was starting to get pretty exhausted from doing those last two moves, and he was completely drained of the fire needed for his Heat Wave attack. Not only that, he was hooting pretty hoarsely; those attacks, especially Uproar, must have strained his voice a little.

    What will Joshua do?

    Well, this one was going to be nasty. And now that he'd accidentally set fire to this place... Oh dear, he was going to get himself in trouble. How rash he'd been. Joshua grabbed his second Pokéball off his belt, enlarged it, and tossed it in the air. The sphere opened, revealing a small blue tortoise, his trusted partner Aegis the Squirtle.

    "Go Aegis! Put out the flames with your Water Gun attack, or Muddy Water if you think it would be any better! As for you Bishop, engulf yourself in an Aqua Ring, then attack Karrablast with a Peck - we need to finish this one quickly!"

    What have I done... I came here for a simple picnic and it's ended up with me burning down a field... I... He was dumbfounded at how quickly all this had happened. Who was really responsible here though; the man or the bug?
    Last edited by Son_of_Shadows; 7th June 2012 at 2:09 PM.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,016

    Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 3

    Sorry to all those who didn't get to reply before I updated. I just wanted to get this posted before I started packing up for a trip to Indiana. I won't get back home until next Thursday, so that'll give most of you plenty of time to reply to your current update. I may be able to write updates while I'm in Indiana, but just sit tight guys!

    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    Nerubi – {Your update is here.}

    InnerFlame – {Your update is here.}

    Thorndrop – {Your update is here}



    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress

    Locked in a life-and-death battle against a Skarmory you decide to change up your strategy so you could overwhelm the Armor Bird. Flare tries to give Skarmory a Hypnotic stare, but since it was flying around too much, she couldn’t make eye contact for a long enough period of time. However, it was starting to get drowsy again and fly lower. It still had the speed to fly in and slam into Flare with its Steel Wings for a good hit. Flare responds with a Fiery breath that Spins around the Skarmory and traps it for a while. Skarmory dared not try to escape and risk heavy damage from the flames, but it still shot out stars that were Swift enough to avoid making contact with the flames and hit your Vulpix for some good damage. With Skarmory trapped and taking slight damage from the flaming vortex, Flare tries Hypnosis again, but Skarmory was too preoccupied with how to deal with the flames to make eye contact. The Armor Bird was able to cook up a plan, however, using two more disks of Air to Cut through the flames and aim at Flare. She dodges but gets clipped by one of them on her right hind leg, making it slightly painful to walk on that leg but not too bad. The flames surrounding Skarmory were disturbed by the Air Cutter attack, so Skarmory doesn’t suffer extra damage for now but still remains trapped in the Fire Spin. Now Skarmory is slightly ahead in health, but what was worse was that Flare was starting to look exhausted from the Fire attacks she was using, though she still had plenty of fire left inside her for more.

    What will Charlotte do?



    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    You really regretted using that Heat Wave because now you were responsible for causing a forest fire here. You attempt to make things right by calling out your Squirtle, Aegis, and have him put out the fires. Aegis tries shooting out Water at the speed of a Gun on the fire, but only part of the fire was put out. He had to act faster than that! So, he used Water energy to create a wave of Mud that splashed over the burning bushes, putting out almost all of the fires. All it took was another Water Gun, and the fire was successfully put out.

    Meanwhile, Bishop was busy forming 10 Aqua spheres that created a Ring of water to gradually heal him back up, but the opposing Karrablast took the opportunity to close in on the Hoothoot and Attack with its Horn to deal some more good damage and pop two of the spheres. Bishop returns the favor, Pecking the bug and coming close to making a KO. Still, Karrablast wasn’t going to give up! It still had plenty of Fury left to Attack Bishop, but this time Bishop got lucky and dodged all the hits, though another two watery spheres were popped. With another sphere entering Bishop for some needed healing, there were 5 spheres left, giving your Hoothoot a clear health advantage, but he was getting exhausted. Then again, Karrablast didn’t look like it was going to take any more damage before falling, so all you had to do was pray Bishop could finish it off soon.

    What will Joshua do?


    Jolteonjak – {Your update is here.}


    Megh – {If you could link to the post where the purchase of your Pokeballs was confirmed, that would be great. Thanks! =) }

    Your failed attempt at a Caterpie behind you, you encountered more possible bugs and decided to attack the silk web… perhaps its occupant was still there… and not hoping to catch cats like Jake to fill their two or three foot bodies. Your Meowth’s stealth was excellent once again, as nothing looked like it was moving. Then, in a flash… Jake pounced! The pattern of silk and the Pokemon on it weren’t going to go anywhere… after all, this Web was a Spider’s home… and it was time for lunch!

    You see, when Jake had pounced on the sticky silk net, he didn’t count on it being stronger than him, and so the Spider Web simply bounced back with Jake being stuck, his movement being limited to how far the silk strands would let him move. He hissed and spat as he struggled in vain to break free which ended up scaring the Venonat and Wurmple nearby. And then… it was time… the guest of honor had arrived. Dropping slowly from another silk thread to Jake’s level, a green spider with yellow and black legs changed the pattern on its abdomen as to induce fear into Jake, and it worked. Jake’s Face became filled with terror; the idea of being prey instead of predator was a Scary idea, after all! He was trying his best to escape his fate, trying to Scratch the Spinarak, trying to turn this situation around, but he could barely move his paw in front of him much less reach out to get his claws even close enough to the String Spit Pokemon. The String-Spitting Spinarak’s strong sticky silk held Jake in place, and the spider was ready to start sealing the deal.

    What will Megh do?



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    You found yourself conversing with a beautiful girl named Leah and her Ludicolo, and you told her you came here to explore, get some samples of things found on the island, and maybe obtain a new friend. You then bring out Trick, your Treecko, and Leah’s eyes light up in response. “Ah, so you have a Treecko! Grass-type Pokemon are my favorite, so I like that you have a Treecko! Say hi, Ludicolo!” she asks her partner.

    Ludicolo!” he greets Trick happily.

    You then suggest that you were willing to help Leah with chores around the house, and you also offered to take her with you on your adventure. She looked away to ignore your blushing, but you could see her smile as she said, “Oh, um, thank you for offering to help, but Ludicolo and I have been living just fine here and have no need for help. However… I would like to help you on your adventure here. I know the area quite well, and I can guide you around to whatever you want. Now, is there anything in particular that you are looking for?”

    What will Frinth do?

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Divine Woodland

    Areas:

    Magus Falls: A lush green area with a large waterfall that overlooks much of the Divine Woodland. You may try riding the rapids to reach the river below but most choose to take the safer option of strolling along one of the forest trails. Very scenic, your chances of running into wild Pokémon here are high as they flock to the area for access to the nearby freshwater lake. A nice spot for a picnic, or just to pass some time.


    Noriko took a deep breath of the fresh air around her. Her Skitty was too excited to stay still, jumping in and out of bushes and rolling on the grass. Noriko laughed at her partner's excitement: Skitty was always at home in the woods, especially around Grass Pokémon. Naturally Noriko had decided that they'd start their journey from the woods and have a look at the lake they had heard so much about. The duo was also hoping to meet some Pokémon on the way, perhaps make a new friend or two.

    Unless Skitty exploded from all her excitement before that...

    Skitty ran to Noriko, covered in leaves and leftovers of grass. She eagerly rubbed against Noriko in an attempt to get her to play in the bushes as well.

    Noriko wasn't exactly planning on literally diving into the wild nature. Instead, she picked Skitty up, brushing some leaves off her precious Pokémon. "You sure are getting into this journey with all your might", she said while Skitty tried to struggle out of Noriko's hold. The woods were simply too inviting to ignore, the smells and textures overwhelming.

    Finally Noriko let Skitty go, the latter already having set sights on a leaf floating in the wind. With a small shake of her head she walked forward with Skitty racing ahead, investigating every new bit of ground and scenery they passed.

    The Trainer made a mental note to herself to give Skitty a proper bath at the next possible opportunity no matter how big a sign of life stains on children and Pokémon were said to be. For now though, the Kitten Pokémon could run around and get herself as dirty as she pleased.

    Last edited by kaisap112; 12th June 2012 at 8:19 AM. Reason: Coding mistake

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post

    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    You found yourself conversing with a beautiful girl named Leah and her Ludicolo, and you told her you came here to explore, get some samples of things found on the island, and maybe obtain a new friend. You then bring out Trick, your Treecko, and Leah’s eyes light up in response. “Ah, so you have a Treecko! Grass-type Pokemon are my favorite, so I like that you have a Treecko! Say hi, Ludicolo!” she asks her partner.

    Ludicolo!” he greets Trick happily.

    You then suggest that you were willing to help Leah with chores around the house, and you also offered to take her with you on your adventure. She looked away to ignore your blushing, but you could see her smile as she said, “Oh, um, thank you for offering to help, but Ludicolo and I have been living just fine here and have no need for help. However… I would like to help you on your adventure here. I know the area quite well, and I can guide you around to whatever you want. Now, is there anything in particular that you are looking for?”

    What will Frinth do?
    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125



    "I was hoping you could help me catch some pokemon." He took out a pack of chocolate chip cookies, steam still rising from the box's mouth. He hands them over to Leah. "And I can drag my home over here so I can see you each day..." He then looks blankly out the glass portal, staring at a speck in the distance, A floating, upside down citadel drifting around the area, yet far away as to keep anonymity from wildlife while exploring. "First of all, Would you like to come with me on my future adventures?" He manages to say, a small blush pops out, his hand trembling as it heads toward her, carrying the carefully created container. And the other reaches for her palm.

    More thoughts blow through his mind. He feels tired, suddenly... A melody echoes...

    He collapses into a direction gravity constantly leads... Back down within the depths of dreamt worlds.




    Last edited by Coolz8; 9th June 2012 at 3:43 PM.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pyroland.
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post

    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    Megh – {If you could link to the post where the purchase of your Pokeballs was confirmed, that would be great. Thanks! =) }

    Your failed attempt at a Caterpie behind you, you encountered more possible bugs and decided to attack the silk web… perhaps its occupant was still there… and not hoping to catch cats like Jake to fill their two or three foot bodies. Your Meowth’s stealth was excellent once again, as nothing looked like it was moving. Then, in a flash… Jake pounced! The pattern of silk and the Pokemon on it weren’t going to go anywhere… after all, this Web was a Spider’s home… and it was time for lunch!

    You see, when Jake had pounced on the sticky silk net, he didn’t count on it being stronger than him, and so the Spider Web simply bounced back with Jake being stuck, his movement being limited to how far the silk strands would let him move. He hissed and spat as he struggled in vain to break free which ended up scaring the Venonat and Wurmple nearby. And then… it was time… the guest of honor had arrived. Dropping slowly from another silk thread to Jake’s level, a green spider with yellow and black legs changed the pattern on its abdomen as to induce fear into Jake, and it worked. Jake’s Face became filled with terror; the idea of being prey instead of predator was a Scary idea, after all! He was trying his best to escape his fate, trying to Scratch the Spinarak, trying to turn this situation around, but he could barely move his paw in front of him much less reach out to get his claws even close enough to the String Spit Pokemon. The String-Spitting Spinarak’s strong sticky silk held Jake in place, and the spider was ready to start sealing the deal.

    What will Megh do?





    "Eep!" Megh squeals as she paces back and forth, panicking. "What should I do, what should I do?!" Her friend was about to be eaten by a spider. Oh, what would she do if the other Trainers found out? No, she thinks, that's a selfish thought. I need to help Jake because he's my friend. Her fingers tense around the smooth shape of the Poke Ball (1/2) as fear knots her stomach. Well, he can't move his arms to Scratch, and I still want to catch Spinarak, as selfish as that may be, so Growling to scare it away is out...
    "Meoooowr!" Jake wails.
    "Okay, uh... Jake! Wait till it gets close enough, then Bite it as hard as you can!"
    Jake quickly nods his agreement, then faces the advancing Spinarak, fangs bared.
    Why does it always screw up, Megh can't help thinking to herself as Jake grits his teeth against the arachnid.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Eyrie Peak


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    You really regretted using that Heat Wave because now you were responsible for causing a forest fire here. You attempt to make things right by calling out your Squirtle, Aegis, and have him put out the fires. Aegis tries shooting out Water at the speed of a Gun on the fire, but only part of the fire was put out. He had to act faster than that! So, he used Water energy to create a wave of Mud that splashed over the burning bushes, putting out almost all of the fires. All it took was another Water Gun, and the fire was successfully put out.

    Meanwhile, Bishop was busy forming 10 Aqua spheres that created a Ring of water to gradually heal him back up, but the opposing Karrablast took the opportunity to close in on the Hoothoot and Attack with its Horn to deal some more good damage and pop two of the spheres. Bishop returns the favor, Pecking the bug and coming close to making a KO. Still, Karrablast wasn’t going to give up! It still had plenty of Fury left to Attack Bishop, but this time Bishop got lucky and dodged all the hits, though another two watery spheres were popped. With another sphere entering Bishop for some needed healing, there were 5 spheres left, giving your Hoothoot a clear health advantage, but he was getting exhausted. Then again, Karrablast didn’t look like it was going to take any more damage before falling, so all you had to do was pray Bishop could finish it off soon.

    What will Joshua do?

    Fortunately Aegis got to work immediately on extinguishing the fire, but Joshua still felt very humbled by the experience. He'd been incredibly reckless, and nearly paid a big price. He needed to be so much more careful in future... In fact, he was barely paying attention to the battle, but at least he knew Bishop could hold his own against the little bug, especially with his Aqua Ring up. With the flames extinguished, Joshua cast his eyes back to Bishop, and it seemed the battle was entering its final stages. "Good job Aegis, you can come back for now. Bishop, once we win, you can take a nice rest. End this now with a couple of Pecks. That'll teach this little thief."
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Mystic Jungle
    Once home to many ancient Astorian clans, its amazing structures have now been completely overrun by thick jungle foliage. Normally a very peaceful place where grass, bug and flying Pokémon thrive, the magical temples of the old kingdom have brought upon strange occurrences to those passing through. Should you find yourself in the incredibly fruitful rainforest, who knows what you may encounter.

    Forgotten Ruins: Now completely overrun by deep foliage, they’ve made a suitable home for countless grass types. However, stories have spread of the intricate sanctuaries filled with great riches that lie beyond the vegetation. Riddles were a popularity of the ancients, be sure you’re intelligent enough.
    Alli stumbled through the deep leafage of the Mystic Jungle. Hugged in her arms was her Sableye, Pluto. His head bobbed forward as he drooled slightly. Being held in Alli's arms frequently had this hypnotic effect on him.

    Surrounding them was the lush foliage which spread over the rotting stone ruins. Alli took notice of the immense megaliths that stood elevated around her. She set Pluto down and his senses suddenly returned to him. Rustling through her backpack, Alli pulled out a map and began to gaze over it. Pluto used his renewed awareness in order to grasp his surroundings. The ruins gave off a weird aura that made him feel uncomfortable. He glanced back at his trainer and saw that she was still trying to figure out the map. Pluto sighed, approached, flipped the map upright, and indicated where they were.

    "Ohh! It looks like we've arrive at the Forgotten Ruins," Alli chirped excitedly. A nearby rustling bush startled her, as she dived towards Pluto and squeeze him tightly. Alli froze, her eyes widely fixated on the bush as Pluto fidgeted desperately as he was rather uncomfortably being choked to death. "Sorry Pluto," apologized Alli, who set him down. When nothing emerged from the vegetation, Alli felt comfortable enough to move on. "We should take a look around, but lets make sure to get out of here before dark. I bet you this place is pretty creepy at night." Pluto couldn't shake the feeling that the ruins were eerie enough now. Alli packed up her supplies and began to head onwards. "I bet you there is a ton of hidden treasure in a place like this! And I read in one of my picture books that its guarded by aliens!"

    Pluto doubted this.

    He was about to voice protest concerning their current plans to proceed into the ruins when Alli scooped him gentle back into her arms. He immediately fell back into a comatose state and any conflicting agendas he had were thus silenced.

    Alli and Pluto traversed forward deeper into the Forgotten Ruins.


    Profile
    Last edited by allishinca; 11th July 2012 at 8:00 PM.

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #03

    Attention everyone - small request here. If you edit your post, please let me know. When I see replies, I usually get them copied/pasted into a word-processing program (until I get Word...), so I can type updates up at work and/or at home. Also, some of you are starting battles. Please remember to bold your attacks. Limit of 3 moves per Pokemon per update. Thank you! ^_^

    The Island
    ~Island Ports~

    Mon1010: As you and the Johnson brothers parted ways, you hear a woman screaming about being robbed. Another Teddiursa ran through the streets, this one holding a tub of MooMoo Milk Ice Cream. You decided that this was your moment to shine.

    You looked at Shaana with a grin, and she grinned back as if in sync with you. You were able to spot the culprit, heading in the same direction as the last Teddiursa, so you ordered Shaana to yawn a pink bubble of sleep-inducing gas on the Teddiursa. The plan was successful, for in its haste, the Little Bear ran right into the pink bubble, which burst in its face. The Teddiursa began yawning, and its running slowed. Eventually the cub couldn’t take it anymore, and it fell over on the ground asleep.

    Shaana floated over to the sleeping bear, and begins to eat its dream as only a Dream Eater would do. She sees black-and-white images of a pair of Teddiursa playing in the forest. Overhead, a small dark figure glides by. Next, a large, dark figure approaches them, and begins firing Flame Bursts at the sibling cubs. They dodge the attacks, which angers this mysterious creature. It begins spitting more attacks at the Teddiursa, when suddenly a very irate Ursaring runs out from some nearby bushes, right by the Teddiursa, and into the path of the attacks. The force of the flames exploding on Ursaring knock it back past the Teddiursa. The figure stands over the pained Ursaring and summons four darker orbs of fire and unleashes all of them on Ursaring, hitting conveniently inside the ring on its torso. Next Shaana sees darkness.

    The next thing Shaana sees is one Teddiursa looking at a bush adorned with many little berries. It collects as many of the Oran Berries that it can hold and runs away. Next Shaana sees the Teddiursa with the berries trying to give some of them to the Ursaring who was burnt earlier. The wound where the flames hit Ursaring still smoldered and singed and every so often would engulf the Ursaring in flames. Once more, Shaana sees darkness. Shaana shook herself back into reality after the visions she saw.

    In the meantime, you were able to pry the ice cream out of the sleeping Teddiursa's hands. The woman who was first chasing the Teddiursa finally caught up in time to take the ice cream from you. "Thank you so much for getting this back!" she exclaimed happily. "Please stop by my store some time, and I will give you a free cone." The woman walked away with her tub of ice cream cradled in her arms.

    "That was a nice job with that Teddiursa," Frank said all of a sudden. "If you plan on going into the woods at all, I will let you borrow this." He handed you a remote-control-sized gadget. "This is a Pokemon Ranger Beacon. If anything should happen to you, all you do is press this blue button, and a Pokemon Ranger nearby will respond. Like we said earlier, I will be at the shop while Eric is away. He has his PRB with him. If you can find our jar of balm we'd really appreciate it!" Frank turned around again and walked off.

    Just then the Teddiursa woke up. It looked around panicked because the ice cream it stole was missing. It stood up and ran straight to a shop selling Combee Honey. It grabbed a jar and ran quickly ran off before the owner could notice. Shaana floated over to you and attempted to share with you everything it saw in Teddiursa's dream. The Teddiursa was able to make it out of town in the same direction it was originally heading with the jar of honey. What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: Eager to help the Forest Ranger out, you accept his mission for you with great pride. You decide to get to work posting the signs he left with you. The first sign goes into the ground with ease and also with the help of braces made out of knotted grass thanks for Zoomer.

    You decide next to go to a spot opposite this one across the lake. You pack up your supplies and take the signs from Zoomer. You begin your walk along the shore to the other side of the lake, careful not to go near the water. You pass by the spot where the Deerling emerged from the woods, but you don't see any trace of the Season Pokemon. As you continue walking you look over to the lake wondering if anything else is in there with the Basculin, as it seemed to be quite ferocious.

    More time passes, and you finally get to the other side of the lake. You find a good spot to place the second sign, so you get to work. Like the first sign you shove this sign into the ground using your weight for more force. You notice a big flat rock nearby, so you grab it. Holding it above head, you begin to slowly hammer it down. With the second sign in place you decide to take the rock with you.

    You decide to return to the site of the Deerling emergency, since you noticed a worn path around there when you first passed by. The heat from the afternoon gets to you a little bit, so you take a little break in the shade of the trees. Zoomer sets the signs down and joins you relaxing in the shade. It was a welcomed break. After a few minutes of cooling off, you get back to work. You sink the next sign into the ground. Zoomer helps out by holding onto the post, as you take the rock again and start hammering the sign in.

    You look across to the other side of the lake, where it all started, as you wipe sweat from your brow. All of a sudden, you see a child run down the path towards the lake. From what you can make out, he seems excited to see the lake. You smile watching the child who is now jumping up and down excitedly and yelling. You turn away for a moment to collect your things, and when you do, you also begin to hear spalshing in addition to the yelling. Glancing over you see the boy is in the lake swimming, a perfect remedy to the day's heat. You start your walk to the same spot where the boy is swimming. As you pass the first sign you placed, the boy's fun gets interrupted, and you hear him screaming, "Owwwwwiiiiieeee!" It seems something has injured the boy. What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Celebii151: After the discovery of a frightened Panpour in a tree, you decide that it’s time to battle. A couple loud shouts and some inaccurate Water Gun attacks reveal to you that this Panpour is quite young. After seeing those attacks miss, the Panpour continues to pace on its branch.

    You return your Poochyena to its Pokeball and let your Squirtle, Neptune, out figuring a Water against Water battle would be most appropriate. With the Panpour high up in the tree, Neptune’s water attacks would be slightly weakened. You decide that it should come out of the tree. You give orders to Neptune to use Water Pulse to knock it off the limb. Neptune nods and creates an orb of water by waving its hands in a spherical motion, then sends it flying up towards the Panpour. The orb hits Panpour on the chest, and the force of the attack knocks Panpour off the tree. It falls to the ground screaming, "POUR!" once more. Without any confusion it gets up and gets closer facing Neptune.

    On his next order, Neptune tucks his head and begins to charge towards the Panpour, head first. "Stop this battling immediately!" you hear a voice yelling. You turn to see a woman in a white coat running towards you, and you see the Panpour run and leap into her arms. A loud thump disturbs your concentrating on the woman and Panpour as you turn to see that Neptune's head has already connected with the same tree you first spotted the Panpour in. "So, Team Plasma sends you in here to distract us?" she scolds you. She glares are you, seeing Neptune slowly walking back to your side rubbing his head. "Who are you? What are you doing here? This is a scientific research center!"

    Just then you see other primate Pokemon gathering in the area. Lots of Mankey and Primeape, a Pansear, some Pansage, another Panpour, and a Monferno all form a circle around you and the woman. You see the young Panpour holding onto the woman frightened. The surrounding simians all seem upset. What will you do?

    -------------------------------------------------------


    Charminions: While you brush off the theft of the Cornn Berry by the presumably wild Mankey, Osage just cannot shake being attacked. As you make an attempt to keep moving, Osage runs off in pursuit of the berry thief. You follow Osage, in an effort to keep him out of harm's way, should the Mankey decide to turn and fight. The Pig Monkey proves to be a master of the forest swinging from limb to limb speedily while holding onto the berry with its tail. After a few moments of dodging trees, tree trunks, and other flora, the Mankey lands on the ground and continues running as it has run out of trees to swing through. Ahead of you, you see a shallow cave, and the Mankey is running in that direction.

    When you emerge from the trees, you see what the Mankey was looking for. There's a woman in the cave kneeling on the ground tending to what looks like a smooth rock with a ridge along it. "Oh Pigkey, you've returned" she says relieved. The Mankey, now in the cave, walks over to its owner and shows her the Cornn Berry it took. "Hmm, a Cornn Berry? This may help," she examines the berry. "Thank you so much for finding this! Let's see if this will help Trunphan out." She takes the berry from Pigkey and walks over to the smooth rock that now appears to be breathing.

    The woman, dressed in overalls and a pink T-Shirt, stops walking when she senses your presence just inside the cave. "Hello, are you here to help my Donphan out?" she turns and asks hopefully. "He's not been feelng well since I saw him eat a strange leaf. I have the medicine to cure him, but he won't take it," she looks at Trunphan with sorrow in her eyes. "I'm trying to find some berries that he could take with the medicine, but so far he's rejected everything we've given him. I think only his favorite berries will work." She walks over to you, and with her finger pushes her glasses further up on the bridge of her nose, "By the way, my name is Viola. What's yours?" What will you do?

    --------------------------------------------------------

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: The newly discovered Surskit, quick to shoot first and ask questions later, prepares to launch more of an onslaught. It skates across the pond to pick up speed, likely for another Quick Attack.

    Meanwhile, you check on Volts to make sure he wasn’t hurt, and he wasn’t; just a little stunned. You give orders for Volts to make his attacks, starting off by growling to show how fierce the EleSquirrel Pokemon truly was. Volts gets on all fours, lifts his tail up in the air, similar to a cat, and grumbles at the Surskit. The Surskit, who at this time, is skating fast on the pond gets distracted by Volts’ growl, and it trips and tumbles at the shore ineffectively using its Quick Attack.

    Quickly Volts begins to charge towards Surskit preparing to attack. Surskit sees the white streak heading for it, and just in the nick of time, it is able to protect itself.

    Surskit returns to the shoreline and begins to scrape its feet in the mud. The mud flies towards Volts, and it slaps it in the face hard. Some of the mud manages to get in Volts' eyes as well. His eyes well up with tears, as his vision is a little blurry from the mud and tears. With Volts sufficiently distracted once more, the Surskit skates out on the cavernous lake in preparation for its next attack. Volts is still rubbing his eyes. What will you do?

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: The newly discovered Surskit, quick to shoot first and ask questions later, prepares to launch more of an onslaught. It skates across the pond to pick up speed, likely for another Quick Attack.

    Meanwhile, you check on Volts to make sure he wasn’t hurt, and he wasn’t; just a little stunned. You give orders for Volts to make his attacks, starting off by growling to show how fierce the EleSquirrel Pokemon truly was. Volts gets on all fours, lifts his tail up in the air, similar to a cat, and grumbles at the Surskit. The Surskit, who at this time, is skating fast on the pond gets distracted by Volts’ growl, and it trips and tumbles at the shore ineffectively using its Quick Attack.

    Quickly Volts begins to charge towards Surskit preparing to attack. Surskit sees the white streak heading for it, and just in the nick of time, it is able to protect itself.

    Surskit returns to the shoreline and begins to scrape its feet in the mud. The mud flies towards Volts, and it slaps it in the face hard. Some of the mud manages to get in Volts' eyes as well. His eyes well up with tears, as his vision is a little blurry from the mud and tears. With Volts sufficiently distracted once more, the Surskit skates out on the cavernous lake in preparation for its next attack. Volts is still rubbing his eyes. What will you do?

    "Damn, this thing ain't pulling any punches!" said Myrrh in astonishment. He did not expect the Surskit to counter Volts' attack the way that it did. "Grr, let's see, that Mud Slap it used was a weak attack, but still very effective against Volts. To top it all off his accuracy took a hit as well...."

    "Pachu!" Exclaimed Volts, half because of the pain in his eyes and half to get his trainer's attention, for Myrrh seemed to become slightly lost in thought.

    "All right, I think I've got something. Rush towards the pond as fast as you can so you can try to dive into the water and attempt to clear your eyes up. Then, whether your eyes are clear or not, we need to hit Surskit hard. Try firing off a Seed Bomb and if you can follow it up with a Gunk Shot. Have at it!"
    Last edited by Myrrh; 12th June 2012 at 3:15 AM. Reason: Spelling and such



  25. #75
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: Eager to help the Forest Ranger out, you accept his mission for you with great pride. You decide to get to work posting the signs he left with you. The first sign goes into the ground with ease and also with the help of braces made out of knotted grass thanks for Zoomer.

    You decide next to go to a spot opposite this one across the lake. You pack up your supplies and take the signs from Zoomer. You begin your walk along the shore to the other side of the lake, careful not to go near the water. You pass by the spot where the Deerling emerged from the woods, but you don't see any trace of the Season Pokemon. As you continue walking you look over to the lake wondering if anything else is in there with the Basculin, as it seemed to be quite ferocious.

    More time passes, and you finally get to the other side of the lake. You find a good spot to place the second sign, so you get to work. Like the first sign you shove this sign into the ground using your weight for more force. You notice a big flat rock nearby, so you grab it. Holding it above head, you begin to slowly hammer it down. With the second sign in place you decide to take the rock with you.

    You decide to return to the site of the Deerling emergency, since you noticed a worn path around there when you first passed by. The heat from the afternoon gets to you a little bit, so you take a little break in the shade of the trees. Zoomer sets the signs down and joins you relaxing in the shade. It was a welcomed break. After a few minutes of cooling off, you get back to work. You sink the next sign into the ground. Zoomer helps out by holding onto the post, as you take the rock again and start hammering the sign in.

    You look across to the other side of the lake, where it all started, as you wipe sweat from your brow. All of a sudden, you see a child run down the path towards the lake. From what you can make out, he seems excited to see the lake. You smile watching the child who is now jumping up and down excitedly and yelling. You turn away for a moment to collect your things, and when you do, you also begin to hear splashing in addition to the yelling. Glancing over you see the boy is in the lake swimming, a perfect remedy to the day's heat. You start your walk to the same spot where the boy is swimming. As you pass the first sign you placed, the boy's fun gets interrupted, and you hear him screaming, "Owwwwwiiiiieeee!" It seems something has injured the boy. What will you do?
    Niles takes a deep breath after finally getting the third sign into the ground. He sees a kid coming towards the lake, smiling at the chance to cool off. Niles wonders why a kid would go to swim in a lake by himself. Maybe he was also an adventurer, seemed unlikely considering he didn't have his Pokemon out. Then again Niles couldn't really tell from that far. This train of thought made him forget the dangers of the water, and not have any concern for the boy who was swimming in the waters.

    Niles started walking to where the boy was, it was the perfect spot for the last sign and it would be nice to meet that boy. Niles wasn't too experienced as a trainer, in fact this was his first adventure. He thought it might be good to get some advice from someone his own age. Zoomer was still holding the last sign, but was anxiously watching the swimming boy. He already saw what happened to the last thing that was in that water. This time there might not be an experienced trainer if something happens.

    "Owwwwwiiiiieeee!" The boy screamed. Niles started to run then remembered, he should probably think this through. Zoomer quickly reacted and sent out a Signal Beam next to the boy to try to startle off the predator.

    "I got it!" Niles exclaimed as he grabbed Zoomer and started running to the boy. Niles took the sign from the Ralts and threw him straight at the boy.

    "Zoomer Teleport the boy out of the water!" Niles commanded.

    Stats


Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •