Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Astoria - The Enchanted Forest

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

Charminions: While you brush off the theft of the Cornn Berry by the presumably wild Mankey, Osage just cannot shake being attacked. As you make an attempt to keep moving, Osage runs off in pursuit of the berry thief. You follow Osage, in an effort to keep him out of harm's way, should the Mankey decide to turn and fight. The Pig Monkey proves to be a master of the forest swinging from limb to limb speedily while holding onto the berry with its tail. After a few moments of dodging trees, tree trunks, and other flora, the Mankey lands on the ground and continues running as it has run out of trees to swing through. Ahead of you, you see a shallow cave, and the Mankey is running in that direction.

When you emerge from the trees, you see what the Mankey was looking for. There's a woman in the cave kneeling on the ground tending to what looks like a smooth rock with a ridge along it. "Oh Pigkey, you've returned" she says relieved. The Mankey, now in the cave, walks over to its owner and shows her the Cornn Berry it took. "Hmm, a Cornn Berry? This may help," she examines the berry. "Thank you so much for finding this! Let's see if this will help Trunphan out." She takes the berry from Pigkey and walks over to the smooth rock that now appears to be breathing.

The woman, dressed in overalls and a pink T-Shirt, stops walking when she senses your presence just inside the cave. "Hello, are you here to help my Donphan out?" she turns and asks hopefully. "He's not been feelng well since I saw him eat a strange leaf. I have the medicine to cure him, but he won't take it," she looks at Trunphan with sorrow in her eyes. "I'm trying to find some berries that he could take with the medicine, but so far he's rejected everything we've given him. I think only his favorite berries will work." She walks over to you, and with her finger pushes her glasses further up on the bridge of her nose, "By the way, my name is Viola. What's yours?" What will you do?
    Charm and Osage continue chasing after the Mankey, who skillfully swings from branch to branch whilst holding the Cornn Berry with his tail. "See?" Charm pants, "How are we supposed to catch up to a monkey in a forest?". Osage ignores the question and continues running tirelessly, dodging trees and ducking below branches persistantly. Many minutes have passed before the Mankey looks to have landed back on ground, where he starts to run towards some cave.

The Sneasel makes it out of the forest soon after, followed by a tired Charm. They see a woman in a cave tending to some large rock. Somewhat confused by what she could be doing, they continue watching and see the Mankey handing the Cornn berry to the woman. "Oh Pigkey, you've returned. Hmm, a Cornn Berry? This may help," the woman says, taking the berry. "Thank you so much for finding this! Let's see if this will help Trunphan out." She walks towards the rock who looks to be alive, a Pokemon. They're able to get a closer look at the woman, who appears to be wearing a pink t-shirt and overalls. She's also rather pretty, which causes Charm to turn red. Women, his one of many weaknesses. The woman notices the duo and turns to them with hopeful eyes, "Hello, are you here to help my Donphan out?" Oh, so it's a Donphan. "He's not been feelng well since I saw him eat a strange leaf. I have the medicine to cure him, but he won't take it," she continues. "I'm trying to find some berries that he could take with the medicine, but so far he's rejected everything we've given him. I think only his favorite berries will work." The sadness in her eyes over her sick Pokemon, along with the fact that she's pretty made Charm already want to help her out. She walks over to Charm, pushing her glasses up and offering a greeting, "By the way, my name is Viola. What's yours?"

Charm turns red once more, "Oh... um hi. I'm Charm... and this is my Sneasel... Osage." Osage gives a smirk and looks rather calm now, realizing the Mankey only did what he did to help his trainer and fellow Pokemon. He's not a heartless avenger after all. Charm takes a quick breath and tries to talk normally, "We were chasing after your Mankey which stole the berry we found and attacked my Sneasel..." Charm awkwardly hand brushes his black hair as he speaks, "but we can let that go since it was for a sick Pokemon... I'm no doctor, but we can help you find the berry your Donphan wants..."

Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

Celebii151: After the discovery of a frightened Panpour in a tree, you decide that it’s time to battle. A couple loud shouts and some inaccurate Water Gun attacks reveal to you that this Panpour is quite young. After seeing those attacks miss, the Panpour continues to pace on its branch.

You return your Poochyena to its Pokeball and let your Squirtle, Neptune, out figuring a Water against Water battle would be most appropriate. With the Panpour high up in the tree, Neptune’s water attacks would be slightly weakened. You decide that it should come out of the tree. You give orders to Neptune to use Water Pulse to knock it off the limb. Neptune nods and creates an orb of water by waving its hands in a spherical motion, then sends it flying up towards the Panpour. The orb hits Panpour on the chest, and the force of the attack knocks Panpour off the tree. It falls to the ground screaming, "POUR!" once more. Without any confusion it gets up and gets closer facing Neptune.

On his next order, Neptune tucks his head and begins to charge towards the Panpour, head first. "Stop this battling immediately!" you hear a voice yelling. You turn to see a woman in a white coat running towards you, and you see the Panpour run and leap into her arms. A loud thump disturbs your concentrating on the woman and Panpour as you turn to see that Neptune's head has already connected with the same tree you first spotted the Panpour in. "So, Team Plasma sends you in here to distract us?" she scolds you. She glares are you, seeing Neptune slowly walking back to your side rubbing his head. "Who are you? What are you doing here? This is a scientific research center!"

Just then you see other primate Pokemon gathering in the area. Lots of Mankey and Primeape, a Pansear, some Pansage, another Panpour, and a Monferno all form a circle around you and the woman. You see the young Panpour holding onto the woman frightened. The surrounding simians all seem upset. What will you do?
    Neptune begins the match with the young and the restless Panpour, a Water Pulse scoring a direct but ineffective hit on the Spray Pokemon. Panpour is knocked off its high branch, crashing into the ground, but thankfully not too hurt. The Panpour gets up, a bit dazed from the fall, and begins to move closer to Neptune. Cele scratches his head and looks puzzled as to why Panpour is coming closer if he ordered Skull Bash. Neptune realizes this as well, but still carries out his orders, tucking his head into his shell.

The Panpour watches with terror in its eyes as Neptune charges towards it. A few seconds before impact, their battle is rudely interrupted by a woman's voice in behind them. "Stop this battling immediately!" the voice calls. Neptune's technique and concentration are cut short as he misses Panpour completely, crashing into the Panpour's tree quite painfully. The young Panpour runs towards the woman and jumps into her arms, shaking with fear. Neptune, slowly walks back to Cele's side, his head still throbbing with pain.

The woman glares at Cele fiercely. If looks could kill, Cele would be writing his last will and testament right about now. She begins to speak, more scolding and false accusations of Cele's presence. "So, Team Plasma sends you here to distract us? Who are you? What are you doing here? This is a scientific research center!" she yells. "Doesn't look much like a research center, just a young Panpour?" Cele thinks to himself. As if on cue, Cele, Neptune and the mysterious woman are surrouded by a pack of peculiar primate Pokemon. A group of Mankey and Primeape leap from the trees, followed by a Pansear, Pansage, Monferno and another Panpour.

Suddenly, Cele felt like he was in The Monkey-Forts of The Mystic Jungle he head read so much about. He took out his Pokedex to scan this multitude of Pokemon. Pansear. The High Temp Pokémon. When it is angered, the temperature of its head tuft reaches 600° F. It uses its tuft to roast berries. Pansage. The Grass Monkey Pokémon. This Pokémon dwells deep in the forest. Eating a leaf from its head whisks weariness away as if by magic. Monferno. The Playful Pokémon. It skillfully controls the intensity of the fire on its tail to keep its foes at an ideal distance. Mankey. The Pig Monkey Pokémon. It lives in treetop colonies. If one becomes enraged, the whole colony rampages for no reason. Primeape. The Pig Monkey Pokémon. It grows angry if you see its eyes and gets angrier if you run. If you beat it, it gets even madder.

"Damn, that's alot of monkeys." Cele says, pointing the obvious. He then turns to the woman. "Look, woman, I had no idea this was a research center, and I was definitely not sent by Team Plasma. I've heard of them, back in my home region, Unova. They were trying to 'liberate' Pokemon from people. I'm more than willing to help with Panpour's injuries." Cele offers, holding out a Potion to spray on Panpour. "I'm Cele, a Pokemon Trainer. I came in search of some bird Pokemon, but a run-in with a wild Buneary made me end up here. I'd be more than glad to help with your Team Plasma issue, if you require assistance."
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

Spoiler:- PASBL Record:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Posy Field
    Jolteonjak

Your Cyndaquil had awoken you from a fantasy land full of women, maybe money and fast cars, to point out a Teddiursa just outside the forest. This little cutie pie wanted you to follow her into the woods for some reason, and you and Cyndaquil were both a little curious, so you followed her in.

As you follow the Little Bear through the woods, you can see all kinds of sights, including a Galvantula waiting patiently for its next meal to fly or run into its “live wire” web, and a girl with a Meowth stalking some weird objects you assumed to be bugs. The Teddiursa eventually brings you into a wooded area with each tree holding a different type of Berry. There were all sorts of Berries here, common and possibly rare, and each and every Berry looked ripe for the picking. Teddiursa tries climbing up one of the trees and only ends up sliding back down, tumbling back on her bum. “Urr saa, urs urs ursa…” she says sadly, trying to reach for the Berries. Apparently, this little one couldn’t climb the Berry trees and therefore couldn’t reach the Berries she wanted to eat. That might be why she brought you here, so you could help her get some. She looked like she was on the verge of tears, too, so you didn’t have much time to satisfy her. However, if you were able to pick plenty of Berries for her, she may be willing to share some with you.

If you are willing to help this poor Teddiursa, play Teddiursa’s Garden Patch Match, and post your score along with your reply. Now, what will Chad do?

OOC: Please keep in mind I don't have a mouse on my laptop.

After waking from a quick nap to discover a Teddiursa beckoning him to join her in the woods, Chad and Cyndaquil entered after her. As the pair walk, they saw many different Pokemon going about their business. One such sight was a Galvantula waiting in its web, which looked electrified, for a snack to get tangled. Chad looked up the spider:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Galvantula, the EleSpider Pokemon. Galvantula employ an electrically charged web to trap their prey. While it is immobilized by shock, they leisurely consume it.
    "Stay away from that web Cyndaquil," Chad immediately replied upon hearing the entry. They continued walking, Chad looking over his shoulder every now and then. 'One of those would be nice on my team,' he thought to himself.

A little later Chad spotted a girl with her cat Pokemon. The urge to know about it overcame Chad, so he aimed his Pokedex at it as well:
    Meowth, the Scratch Cat Pokemon. Meowth is fascinated by round objects. It can't stop playing with them until it tires and falls asleep.
    "Aww. That's cute," Chad commented. "It must have found some bugs to play with." He and Cyndaquil kept following.

At last, the Teddiursa led them to a wooded area. Chad looked around in amazement. All the trees in this area were all full of berries, many different kinds of berries in fact. Chad's eyes sparkled at the thought of all the Pokeblocks and Poffins he could make with these. His attention returned to Teddiursa, who attempted to climb one of the trees; but she didn't get very far. "Urr saa, urs urs ursa," she said to Chad pointing to the berries. She began to get sad, tears welling in her eyes.

Chad made the connection instantly. "Aww, are you hungry dear?" he asked sweetly. "We'll help you get some berries."

Chad got the feeling she wasn't in the mood to wait, so he acted fast. He took a Pokeball out and clicked the open button and with a flash of white light, his Heracross appeared. After gathering himself, looked thrilled to be among such fertile trees. He started flying over to a tree to feast. "Hang on Heracross," Chad interrupted the Singlehorn. "I need your help to gather some berries for the Teddiursa please. She's pretty hungry, so let's feed her first. Maybe she won't mind if, while or after she eats, you have some sap afterwards." He points at the tree closest to hungry Little Bear. "She seems to like those berries. Please start there." Heracross, hesitant at first eyeing another tree that looked particularly delicious, nodded and began its mission. He flew up to the tree and speedily started collecting berries. Chad and Cyndaquil ran over to start collecting them as Heracross dropped them from above. In a short amount of time, Heracross was able to collect 36 Berries for Teddiursa.

Chad and Cyndaquil made a modest pile on the ground for Teddiursa to feast from. He hoped there was enough for her.

Stats

Adventure Path

Flame Mistress

Locked in a life-and-death battle against a Skarmory you decide to change up your strategy so you could overwhelm the Armor Bird. Flare tries to give Skarmory a Hypnotic stare, but since it was flying around too much, she couldn’t make eye contact for a long enough period of time. However, it was starting to get drowsy again and fly lower. It still had the speed to fly in and slam into Flare with its Steel Wings for a good hit. Flare responds with a Fiery breath that Spins around the Skarmory and traps it for a while. Skarmory dared not try to escape and risk heavy damage from the flames, but it still shot out stars that were Swift enough to avoid making contact with the flames and hit your Vulpix for some good damage. With Skarmory trapped and taking slight damage from the flaming vortex, Flare tries Hypnosis again, but Skarmory was too preoccupied with how to deal with the flames to make eye contact. The Armor Bird was able to cook up a plan, however, using two more disks of Air to Cut through the flames and aim at Flare. She dodges but gets clipped by one of them on her right hind leg, making it slightly painful to walk on that leg but not too bad. The flames surrounding Skarmory were disturbed by the Air Cutter attack, so Skarmory doesn’t suffer extra damage for now but still remains trapped in the Fire Spin. Now Skarmory is slightly ahead in health, but what was worse was that Flare was starting to look exhausted from the Fire attacks she was using, though she still had plenty of fire left inside her for more.

What will Charlotte do?
    [/color]
    Charlotte gritted her teeth as she watched her plan crumble. This hadn't worked out the way she'd hoped at all. It was time for a change of plans.

"You okay there, Flare?" she asked, who, though having an exhausted look on her face, nodded, her eyes full of determination. "Okay, let's up the level, then!" Charlotte exclaimed. "Flare, use Confuse Ray, so that the Skarmory can't see where it's going, then it has more of a chance of accidentally moving towards the flames. Then, whether the Skarmory breaks free from the Fire Spin or not, charge in and use Crossfire twice, and try to aim for its face. If you're feeling too weak or tired after that, come back, and I'll switch in Serafina instead, okay? Otherwise, try for another Flamethrower, but you must come back to me after that."

Vulpix gave a growl of confirmation, and lept back into battle.

(OoC: Sorry for short reply, but there isn't much for me to say other than that. Also, stats are in image.)

Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 4

All right, I'm back in this! Nerubi and Thorndrop, your adventures are now officially placed on hold until I hear from you guys. Should you post a reply to your current update, I'd be happy to update you again, but for now, your slots go to some other players. And with that, I hereby welcome Kaisap112 and Marion Ette to my group! Since I have heard from InnerFlame, I will continue to repost her update, and hopefully she will reply soon!

The Divine Woodland

Magus Falls

InnerFlame – {Your update is here.}

Kaisap112

You were definitely excited to start your first adventure, but not as much as your Skitty. She had fun darting in and out of the bushes, rolling on the grass, trying to climb up trees, falling into holes that thankfully weren’t occupied at the time… you get the idea. Then a leaf floating in the wind grabs her attention. She follows the leaf, you follow her, and you are both led to the beautiful scenery surrounding a freshwater lake, the one you had heard so much about and wanted to see for yourself. Trees and flowers of all kinds dotted the landscape, including one tree that looked like it had some delicious fruit you could investigate later on. The Pokemon around here were plentiful too; some Deerling accompanied by a Sawsbuck came to the large pool for a drink while their mother kept a watchful eye for signs of danger. Meanwhile, a good assortment of Grass Pokemon and Bug Pokemon were in the nearby meadow enjoying the flowers… until a certain Skitty runs in and chases the other Pokemon off. This also disturbed a few flower petals which are blown by the wind back to the lake. Skitty, as usual, picks one and follows it… this time up a tree and out to a branch that hung low over the lake now. The flower petal floats into the water, and Skitty finds herself unable to reach it… and unwilling to climb back. Classic. Then out of the water surfaces a blue fish about Skitty’s size and it proceeds to shoot its Water Gun on the branch where Skitty was standing. All of a sudden, she loses her footing and is about to head into the drink when her cat reflexes kick in and allow her cling onto the branch with her claws. The Remoraid continues to use Water Gun on the branch around where Skitty was, looking like it’s having fun playing with the cat, but Skitty doesn’t want any part in this game; she’s getting swung up and down on the branch, and it looks like she’s losing her grip.

What will Noriko do?

Eyrie Peak

Adventure Path

Flame Mistress

Your last strategy to take down a Skarmory didn’t exactly work the way you wanted, but it did keep the Armor Bird trapped within a Spinning vortex of Fire, giving you a window of opportunity to use your stronger moves to defeat it. First, though, Flare flashed another Confuse Ray into Skarmory’s face, causing it to be disoriented once again. So disoriented, in fact, that it accidentally flew into the vortex and took more damage, just as your Vulpix jumped up to the Skarmory, Crossed her arms, and lit them on Fire. However, due to the erratic way her target was flying, the bird somehow flew out of the way of Flare’s attack, so she unfortunately wasted the energy that time. Worse still, she landed in the area where Skarmory had used Spikes, taking damage and further aggravating her injured leg. Meanwhile, Skarmory was still trying to regain its senses and flew close enough to the vortex to take some more damage. Flare gained courage from this, and, despite her injury, she was able to leap to where Skarmory was and try Crossfire again. This time, she connected, dealing some heavy damage to Skarmory’s torso, but Skarmory reacts quickly and releases its Air Cutting disks at pointblank range, slicing into Flare for some good damage. The Fire Spin dissipates, and you could tell Skarmory was in serious pain and was now charred all over its body. Flare wasn’t looking too hot either, as she winced in pain from her injured leg. You could tell she had run out of fire energy too. If you wanted to switch to Serafina, now was a good opportunity to do it. Even though your Houndour wasn’t as experienced as Flare or Skarmory, she would have a decent chance to finish the Armor Bird off.

What will Charlotte do?

Posy Field

Son_of_Shadows

You were lucky Aegis was able to put out the fire so quickly, but you still had a battle to finish up. Bishop was looking exhausted, but if he could just push a little more, he’d be able to win against this Karrablast. He hopped back over to the bug and stabbed it with his beak. Karrablast looked like it was going to fall over after being Pecked like that… but no, he was still standing! That spunky little bug had Endured the attack! One more Peck! No, he Endured it again! And another Peck! Karrablast was showing extreme determination. Who would fall first? Would it be Karrablast, unable to Endure any more? Or would it be Bishop, who simply pushed it too far? Just then, Karrablast gasped. It was too much to Endure, and he collapsed from the pain, falling unconscious. Bishop gains one level! Bishop stood there for a second, still trying to take it all in, and he ends up falling on his tail feathers, extremely tired but able to relax now that he had won. He was certainly a Hoothoot to be proud of for fighting the way he did. However, it felt like you had forgotten something completely important… You couldn’t really figure it out but-

Oh no. THE PICNIC BASKET!

You were so focused on the battle that you had completely forgotten why you were battling the Karrablast. Or that the basket was in the middle of those bushes you burnt. You look back over to the bushes which looked almost burnt to a crisp, and right in the middle was your basket. Aegis was just too late to save it. All the food inside was completely destroyed, and you had only yourself to blame for ruining your perfect picnic. At least you had an unconscious Karrablast to show for it.

What will Joshua do?

Jolteonjak

You had a hungry little Teddiursa on your hands, and you needed to act fast to rescue her from her complaining stomach. Your Heracross seemed like a good Pokemon to gather some, so you call him out. It took a little convincing to shift his priorities from drinking delicious tree sap to gathering Berries for the Little Bear in peril, but Heracross did his job and gathered a nice amount of Berries for Teddiursa to munch on. Teddiursa happily eats half of the berries, then she pauses for a moment. She picks out two Berries from the pile, then holds the Chople Berry and Coba Berry out to you with a smile. Aw, she wants to give them to you, how sweet!

Moments later, you hear some buzzing sounds that chill you to the core. They can only belong to one Pokemon. You turn to the direction of the sound to see four wasp-looking Pokemon with barbs on their arms, and one of these Beedrill is speedy enough to fly in and scoop up the remaining Berries before you can react! The other three Beedrill are not far behind, spraying their Poison Sting at the ground around you before flying to where the first one is. Apparently, these three want to make sure their friend escapes with the stolen goods, and Teddiursa is not about to let them get away with this without a fight.

What will Chad do?

Megh

In your rush to catch a bug Pokemon, you unwittingly send Jake into a Spinarak’s web and possibly doom for him. Now, you struggle to come up with an idea on how to get him out of this sticky situation. Your Meowth wasn’t waiting for your orders, though; he wanted to get out of this situation now, and your hesitation would just get him eaten. He lets out a low Growl, threatening his host about what he could do if the spider didn’t let him go. Spinarak thought twice for a moment, losing a small amount of morale and Attack power, but it didn’t faze the Bug-type enough. It moves on to its next phase, firing a bunch of Stinging needles in an attempt to inject Poison in Jake… and it works. Jake only took minimal damage from the actual needles, but the more worrying part was that he was now poisoned and losing his will to fight. Seeing the attack was a success, the Spinarak moves in for the kill… but it moves in too close and Jake seizes the opportunity, Biting down on Spinarak’s leg. “SPINAAAAAAAA!” it shrieks in pain, taking some decent damage there as the Technician mind of Jake allowed him to focus his attack on the leg joint, which made it hurt even more. The poison takes effect, though, and causes Jake to let go. Having realized its mistake, the Bite simply serves as a minor setback as it moves around to the other side of the web and utilizes its Bug Biting prowess, nibbling on Jake’s back. Jake yowls and squirms, trying to move away from the spider’s jaws and find some relief from this torture, but the web holds him down, and his moving around will only accelerate the spread of the poison in the future.

What will Megh do?

Garden of Iris

Rainbow Pool

Coolz8

You ask Leah for help in trying to catch a Pokemon and she responds, “Well, I can take you to some places where wild Pokemon are commonly found, but if you want to catch one, you’ll be on your own, I’m afraid!”

You could tell she seemed somewhat confused when you mentioned how you can “drag your home here”, but she didn’t say anything about that and moved on to your last question. “Oh, um, I’m sorry, but I’m afraid I’d like to stay here. However…” she pauses for a moment as her mood darkens, “I would like to ask you a favor. I have been trying to gather some rainbow-colored flowers that are an important ingredient to a special medicine. But a Vespiquen and her hive of Combee have recently established their territory at the only place where the flowers grow, and they defend it extremely fiercely. So much so, that Ludicolo and I can’t even get close to the flowers. The other Pokemon that normally lived there have all been chased out as well. Vespiquen must be defeated and, if possible, persuaded to live somewhere else, but I need your help!”

What will Frinth do?

Dead Forest

The Burial Ground

Marion Ette

Dead Forest was definitely a name meant to attract the wrong crowd of Pokemon, and at its Burial Ground, rumors had surfaced of corpses buried in this very graveyard coming back to life. So far, no concrete evidence has surfaced to prove these stories true, but there are too many eyewitness accounts to claim such a bizarre event impossible. As a result, your professor had contacted you to conduct an investigation into the Burial Ground as part of your field research, and you were not one to refuse such an opportunity.

You came into Dead Forest with your Crobat, Sangre, and he felt right at home here. On your way to the Burial Grounds, he took immense pleasure in taking down a couple of Rattata, a Nidorina, and a Dustox, draining the Rattata and Nidorina of every drop of their blood and completely devouring the Dustox; you could still see scales of Dustox wing around his face and decided to wipe them off and stash them in a small container so they could be used as samples for your fellow associates’ research.

As you arrive, you take necessary precautions for two different aspects: the harsh environment and the sacred grounds of those buried here. You take your time to study the surroundings and the gravesites when you are interrupted by a raspy voice, “Ah, so you have come here to seek answers.”

You turn to find an elderly woman in a mysterious purple cloak with a stubby cane standing before you. Sangre is wary of her and takes a battle stance, but the old lady ignores your Crobat and continues, “You wish to discover the truth about this land.”

“Oh yes, it is a wondrous place.” A second elderly woman appears with another purple cloak, this one wearing a red necklace. “The land here is very special and contains a truly mystical property indeed… One need only dig to witness the magic. But be warned!” The first one joins in on this chilling phrase: “Dig too deep, and you may find yourself becoming part of the mystery!!” Their cackles reverberate throughout the graveyard, and before you can ask the old women any questions, they vanish in an instant, their creepy cackles taking their sweet time to fade away.

Well, that was disturbing. In any case, Sangre relaxes, and you are assured you are once again alone, free to explore the area and do whatever research you wanted to do here.

What will Marion do?

Last edited by Dark Searchman; 18th June 2012 at 8:28 PM.

All right, I'm back in this! Nerubi and Thorndrop, your adventures are now officially placed on hold until I hear from you guys. Should you post a reply to your current update, I'd be happy to update you again, but for now, your slots go to some other players. And with that, I hereby welcome Kaisap112 and Marion Ette to my group! Since I have heard from InnerFlame, I will continue to repost her update, and hopefully she will reply soon!

Dead Forest

The Burial Ground

Marion Ette

Dead Forest was definitely a name meant to attract the wrong crowd of Pokemon, and at its Burial Ground, rumors had surfaced of corpses buried in this very graveyard coming back to life. So far, no concrete evidence has surfaced to prove these stories true, but there are too many eyewitness accounts to claim such a bizarre event impossible. As a result, your professor had contacted you to conduct an investigation into the Burial Ground as part of your field research, and you were not one to refuse such an opportunity.

You came into Dead Forest with your Crobat, Sangre, and he felt right at home here. On your way to the Burial Grounds, he took immense pleasure in taking down a couple of Rattata, a Nidorina, and a Dustox, draining the Rattata and Nidorina of every drop of their blood and completely devouring the Dustox; you could still see scales of Dustox wing around his face and decided to wipe them off and stash them in a small container so they could be used as samples for your fellow associates’ research.

As you arrive, you take necessary precautions for two different aspects: the harsh environment and the sacred grounds of those buried here. You take your time to study the surroundings and the gravesites when you are interrupted by a raspy voice, “Ah, so you have come here to seek answers.”

You turn to find an elderly woman in a mysterious purple cloak with a stubby cane standing before you. Sangre is wary of her and takes a battle stance, but the old lady ignores your Crobat and continues, “You wish to discover the truth about this land.”

“Oh yes, it is a wondrous place.” A second elderly woman appears with another purple cloak, this one wearing a red necklace. “The land here is very special and contains a truly mystical property indeed… One need only dig to witness the magic. But be warned!” The first one joins in on this chilling phrase: “Dig too deep, and you may find yourself becoming part of the mystery!!” Their cackles reverberate throughout the graveyard, and before you can ask the old women any questions, they vanish in an instant, their creepy cackles taking their sweet time to fade away.

Well, that was disturbing. In any case, Sangre relaxes, and you are assured you are once again alone, free to explore the area and do whatever research you wanted to do here.

What will Marion do?

((Thanks for taking me on, DS! I look forward to my awesome new adventure~))

Sangre appears to be a perfect fit for the Dead Forest environment, and finds hunting particularly lucrative. In a span of mere minutes, he drains blood from some Rattata and Nidoran, but seems to especially relish a delightful Dustox meal, which he consumes whole with surprising speed and efficiency. The gusto with which Sangre devours this poor, ill-fated creature makes Marion happy that she returned Severus to his original owner the day before they left for their journey. She had wondered why Sangre seemed to get along so well with the Dustox she was babysitting... Originally, she thought it had to do with them sharing the same dual-type. Now, Marion realizes that there may have been a more sinister explanation for Sangre's overly friendly attitude towards the moth-like Pokemon. Then again, Marion knew that Sangre was not the type to be manipulative or attempt to gather a meal through befriending a potential victim; hunting, to him, was an impersonal act meant simply to obtain sustenance, and his direct, aggressive approach marked him as the type who avoided mind games in general. Perhaps he made a particular effort to befriend the Dustox in order to diminish the urge to eat him. Fortunately for Marion, this devoured Dustox was no friend of hers or Sangre's. After muttering a quick prayer to Giratina for the souls of those who have been consumed for her Pokemon's sustenance, she is able to take samples of Dustox wing scales from his face to return to the professors in the chemical department for analysis. "San... let's, uh, let's not tell Keith and Severus that you enjoy eating Dustox, okay?" Sangre nods in agreement, and the pair continue on.

Marion is about to bend down and collect a small sample of dirt from the perimeter of the gravesite when she hears the voice of an old woman with a purple cloak and stubby cane. Turning around to face her, Marion notes that she doesn't look particularly undead, but Marion knows better than to make assumptions based on looks alone. The old woman seems to know her intentions already; perhaps this was a direct result of Marion's getup. After all, she did look the part of the scientist, complete with vial full of bloody scale samples, so it would make sense that the woman would assume she was here for answers. Sangre immediately enters an aggressive stance, ready to defend his trainer at the slightest provocation. After all, she DID take him to a magical place full of delicious blood-carriers, crunch-crunch bugs and an amazingly poisonous atmosphere. He had to repay her somehow.

A second woman appears, with a red necklace accentuating her purple- wait. That description sounds terribly familiar... In fact, there were two Pokemon in Marion's mind with very similar "outfits" of sorts, and she couldn't help but wonder if these "women" were actually Pokemon. Granted, one can never assume based on appearances, and there was no real data to support such an assumption, but deep within Marion's gut, the feeling that the two were somehow related simply refused to relent. She listens to the two women describe the place as "magical," with the instructions to dig in order to see the magic... However, they issue a word of warning that if she digs too deep, she may become "part of the mystery." Before Marion has the opportunity to ask for any clarification, however, the pair disappear in an instant, though the cackles echo through the graveyard for some time. A normal person would be terribly frightened by such visions; Marion, however, has received warnings and death-threats from apparitions so frequently over the course of her life that she regards it with a strangely upbeat politeness. "Okay, thanks! I like your cloaks, by the way! Purple's my favorite color!" She says, waving and smiling in the direction of the cackles. Sangre simply shakes his head at his trainer's reaction.

Marion turns to Sangre, motioning for him to lean in close as she whispers to him. "Obviously, being alert is important here, but I want you to be especially on-guard for sound-based attacks and illusions. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Misdreavus/Mismagius line is somehow involved with what we just saw, so I want you to be prepared in the event that they decide to start moaning and screeching and whatnot. Of course, I could be wrong... I guess it's just best to be prepared for anything." Sangre nods in response, as he flaps around Marion's head, listening and looking for anything odd.

"We'll start slow. I didn't exactly bring tools to excavate, but taking some samples of the soil might be a good place to start in terms of unearthing this mystery..." Marion bends down, and begins taking progressively larger samples of soil from various areas of the gravesite, placing the dirt in well-sealed vials for later inspection. As she does this, both trainer and Pokemon remain alert for any potential "magic" that decides to spring up around them.
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 18th June 2012 at 8:00 PM.

[FB || PASBL]

Eyrie Peak

Posy Field

Megh

In your rush to catch a bug Pokemon, you unwittingly send Jake into a Spinarak’s web and possibly doom for him. Now, you struggle to come up with an idea on how to get him out of this sticky situation. Your Meowth wasn’t waiting for your orders, though; he wanted to get out of this situation now, and your hesitation would just get him eaten. He lets out a low Growl, threatening his host about what he could do if the spider didn’t let him go. Spinarak thought twice for a moment, losing a small amount of morale and Attack power, but it didn’t faze the Bug-type enough. It moves on to its next phase, firing a bunch of Stinging needles in an attempt to inject Poison in Jake… and it works. Jake only took minimal damage from the actual needles, but the more worrying part was that he was now poisoned and losing his will to fight. Seeing the attack was a success, the Spinarak moves in for the kill… but it moves in too close and Jake seizes the opportunity, Biting down on Spinarak’s leg. “SPINAAAAAAAA!” it shrieks in pain, taking some decent damage there as the Technician mind of Jake allowed him to focus his attack on the leg joint, which made it hurt even more. The poison takes effect, though, and causes Jake to let go. Having realized its mistake, the Bite simply serves as a minor setback as it moves around to the other side of the web and utilizes its Bug Biting prowess, nibbling on Jake’s back. Jake yowls and squirms, trying to move away from the spider’s jaws and find some relief from this torture, but the web holds him down, and his moving around will only accelerate the spread of the poison in the future.

What will Megh do?

"Oh, man, oh man, oh man..." Megh stammers as she shakes her head back and forth, her hands over her face. I've gotta do something! "Wait a sec!" She's only a baby, but it's the only chance I've got... gee, what a stroke of luck I was late at the Day-Care and couldn't drop her off... She fumbles for the other occupied Poke Ball at her waist, her fingers clammy with sweat. "G-go! Lyla!" It can't be that strong, can it? I mean, it's only a little spider...

"Sewa, wa!" chirps Lyla the Sewaddle as she faces the imposing scene, her temper rising. How dare some insolent bug try and make munchies out of her Master's best friend! "Waaa... Sewaddle!!" Megh almost giggles despite the situation, at the racket the little critter puts up. Gee, I know she's a little quick-tempered, but... wow. She's usually calm, but now she's like a Mankey!

"Myaaaaaa!" a desperate wail from Jake snaps her back to the situation. A fire burns inside her. Her first real battle wasn't about to be lost to a frickin' spider! Although it would be nice to catch it. She shakes her head. No! Jake is more important than selfish desires. Oh, God! She'd gotten lost in her thoughts again.

"Better hurry, Lyla!" Megh calls. "Quickly, use String Shot on Spinarak to slow it down! Then, knock it away from Jake with Tackle. Be careful not to get caught in the web or you'll end up as Spinarak's dessert!" The little leafy critter gives a curt nod, and jumps forward to aid her friend. Meanwhile, Megh's fingers grip the same empty Poke Ball, first of two vacant ones she brought, ready to throw. Just in case I get a chance... After all, I am a Pokemon trainer!
    Last edited by Megh; 22nd June 2012 at 12:11 PM.

The Divine Woodland

Magus Falls

Kaisap112

You were definitely excited to start your first adventure, but not as much as your Skitty. She had fun darting in and out of the bushes, rolling on the grass, trying to climb up trees, falling into holes that thankfully weren’t occupied at the time… you get the idea. Then a leaf floating in the wind grabs her attention. She follows the leaf, you follow her, and you are both led to the beautiful scenery surrounding a freshwater lake, the one you had heard so much about and wanted to see for yourself. Trees and flowers of all kinds dotted the landscape, including one tree that looked like it had some delicious fruit you could investigate later on. The Pokemon around here were plentiful too; some Deerling accompanied by a Sawsbuck came to the large pool for a drink while their mother kept a watchful eye for signs of danger. Meanwhile, a good assortment of Grass Pokemon and Bug Pokemon were in the nearby meadow enjoying the flowers… until a certain Skitty runs in and chases the other Pokemon off. This also disturbed a few flower petals which are blown by the wind back to the lake. Skitty, as usual, picks one and follows it… this time up a tree and out to a branch that hung low over the lake now. The flower petal floats into the water, and Skitty finds herself unable to reach it… and unwilling to climb back. Classic. Then out of the water surfaces a blue fish about Skitty’s size and it proceeds to shoot its Water Gun on the branch where Skitty was standing. All of a sudden, she loses her footing and is about to head into the drink when her cat reflexes kick in and allow her cling onto the branch with her claws. The Remoraid continues to use Water Gun on the branch around where Skitty was, looking like it’s having fun playing with the cat, but Skitty doesn’t want any part in this game; she’s getting swung up and down on the branch, and it looks like she’s losing her grip.

What will Noriko do?
    Skitty jumped out of yet another bush, taking notice of a leaf floating about in the wind. Noriko could almost hear Skitty’s mind going “PREY!” before the kitten ran after the leaf. The Trainer sighed, dragging herself after her partner. If there was a berry in existence that calmed Pokémon down, she’d hunt for a bagful immediately.

The flying leaf lead the two to a lovely scene: a lake, surrounded by Pokémon and trees full of delicious-looking fruit! Noriko gasped with joy as she noticed a herd of Deerling with a motherly Sawsbuck watching over them. Skitty was not aware of her surroundings. With loud, laughter-like noise, Skitty ran after the leaf – right in the middle of all the Pokémon. Noriko could only cover her face with her hands as her cheery partner proceeded to chase away every single Pokémon in sight with her chase of her prey. “Good thing no one else is around, otherwise I’d have to say I don’t know her,” Noriko thought to herself, letting out a long sigh. This was not the first time and would surely not be the last when Skitty’s antics had driven away every wild Pokémon within a mile radius – and a couple of tamed ones as well.

A gentle gust of wind shook picked up some flower petals, most likely shaken lose by Skitty, and directed them toward the lake. Skitty didn’t miss a beat, locking on to a single petal and running right after it. The petal flew toward a tree and climbed up the trunck with the overly excited feline right after it. As soon as Skitty made it to a branch the petal dropped down on the surface of the lake. Noriko watched from her spot as Skitty stared at the fallen petal for a few second – before starting to make loud, distressed noise. “You’re kidding me, right? Skitty, if you got up there you can get down just fine!” Noriko yelled at her Pokémon, but Skitty refused to budge.
    As Noriko was walking over to the tree Skitty was stuck in, a Remoraid jumped up from the lake. It seemed eager to play with the loud Skitty, shooting a Water Gun at the branch she was standing on. Skitty suddenly lost her footing. Noriko broke into a run as Skitty fell – only to hang off the tree branch by her claws. The Remoraid was either unaware of the trouble it was causing or a total sadist, continuing the assault of Water Gun. Skitty was about to lose her grip!

Without wasting time on worrying about her clothes but throwing her bag to the side Noriko ran into the lake. Surprised at the depth of the lake she swam beneath the branch Skitty was hanging on to. “Skitty, it’s okay now! Let go!” Skitty complied immediately, letting go of the branch and falling into the water. Noriko swam over to the less-than-happy feline. “Get on my head and I’ll get you to the shore, alright?”
    With a bit of help, Skitty was at last lying on her owner’s head, grabbing on the hair for her life. Noriko bit her lip from the slight pain but swam as fast as she could to dry land. Skitty wasn’t about to wait for her to get up, instead jumping off on the ground at the first opportunity. She tried her best to shake off the water, fluffing up in a comedic manner. Noriko was getting on land behind Skitty, wringing her shirt, dripping water all over. “Look Skitty, I know you’re excited and all but you really need to get a grip. All the Pokémon keep running away from you, you get in trouble and now we’re both wet because you couldn’t let that petal go!” She turned to the lake. “Hey Remoraid, you weren’t of any help either!” With a sigh, she turned back to Skitty. “Here’s how we’re going to do this: I’ll set up a fire so I can dry my clothes and cook some lunch and you’ll stay in your Pokéball so nothing worse happens in the meanwhile. Understood?”

Skitty nodded, not wanting to aggravate her Trainer. Noriko grabbed Skitty’s ball, the Pokémon going in without a hitch. Once Noriko was done setting up the fire and hanging her clothes to dry, changing into a sundress for the time being, she set out for the fruit trees for lunch ingredients.

Default Jak's Astoria Update #04

As always please let me know if anyone has any questions. To those who are waiting to be updated, I think I can grab one more. Please continue to be patient. I know it's not easy (I've been there).

The Island
    ~The Lakes~

TutorX: As you make your trip to the opposite side of the pond, to post the fourth sign, you see a young boy emerge from the same path you previously walked on. You keep half an eye on the child, who has now begun to swim in the pond, mostly because there seems to be a lack of supervision.

Eventually on your trek, you hear the boy scream out in pain. Without thinking, Zoomer reacts and fires a Signal Beam to close proximity to the boy hoping to distract any creature that may have attacked him. You remember the words of the Forest Ranger, and you decide to think of a strategy this time. Looking at Zoomer, you snap your fingers realizing you now have a plan. You take the sign from him, pick him up, and throw him into the pond in the direction where the boy was. You order Zoomer to use Teleport to get the boy out of the water. With his orders, Zoomer disappears immediately and reappears next to the boy. Zoomer and the boy disappear quickly from the pond and reappear on shore near the edge of the path.

Almost instantly after Zoomer and the disappeared, you see something surfacing on the pond. First you see a set of blue spikes. As more of it appears, you determine it has a round shape. Finally you see its eyes and a big set of red lips. The Qwilfish looks both angry and drowsy. The Balloon Pokémon yawns and scans the area around it. It spots your Ralts, and it becomes upset.

Meanwhile you run over to the little boy, who is holding his foot in pain, tears falling from his eyes. You inspect him, and you see what appears to be a thorn in his foot. “I s-s-tepped on something,” he says in between sobs. “Mommy!!!” he screams, still crying.

Qwilfish, fully awake now, expands its body preparing to attack. First it tenses itself, hardening its defenses. From the pressure of expanding its body, it fires quills in your direction, attempting to sting you and Zoomer with its poison. What will you do?

------------------------------------------------------

Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

Celebii151: The sudden appearance of a woman in a lab coat cancels your battle with the young Panpour. It seems you have unknowingly entered a research facility, and now its inhabitants surround you. The monkeys begin to close in on you as you begin to explain how you got there and that you were not sent by Team Plasma.

“There seems to be a glimmer of truth in what you say,” the researcher says. "Why just a very short time ago, a patch of the fence that was damaged was fixed and put back in place by some of our workers.” You offer her the Potion for Panpour. “Thank you. Is this a certified Pokemon potion?” She inspects the potion and sees the certification seal. “Splendid. Thanks again.” She begins to treat the young monkey and looks at you puzzled by all the monkey Pokemon. “My name is Astrid. As I said earlier, I am a researcher here. I can assure you that you haven’t entered the Mystic Jungle. We have captured some monkeys from the Monkey-Forts, however, to begin our studies. I cannot explain what it is we are studying for your own protection and ours and the Pokemon’s.”

Just then some of the Primeape tense their bodies. They begin to make short hops waving their arms over their heads and start to grunt softly. “I think we should continue this conversation somewhere indoors. These Primeape are getting a tad unruly at your presence in their play area,” Astrid warns. “Being cooped up while the fence was being repaired didn’t help matters either.” She slowly places the Panpour on the ground, and it immediately runs past you and up into its tree. "If you'll allow us to pass, we will all leave you alone," she says to all the monkeys, and a Pansage and Pansear both step aside creating an opening for you, Astrid, and Neptune. "Stay calm, Cele, and don't make eye contact with any of the Primape, you too Wartortle." She urges you start walking by the Grass Monkey and the High Temp Pokemon and she follows you. Once you're all sufficiently away from the monkeys, Astrid begins speaking, which causes you to exhale at last, "We should be far enough away. I apologize for that. We do not study any of the Primeape, mostly because they're quite fierce. Most of them are also parents to some of the Mankey, and they don't want to be separated from their young. And we wouldn't force them to be apart anyway. They actually serve as effective guards for the other monkeys. One of my associates witnessed one of them defending the monkeys from some of those Team Plasma agents last night, which caused extensive damage to that section of the fence you entered through. He says that was all from one Focus Punch."

As you both continue walking towards the research center, suddenly you hear a small explosion from ahead of you. "Dr. Astrid, come in!" you hear a voice which sounds understandably panicked. Astrid takes a walkie-talkie from her pocket and listens. "Team Plasma is back! They're attacking the East Wing! We need assistance immediately!"

"I'm on my way Joshua!" she responds. "If you truly aren't from Team Plasma, then please help us fight them off!" She reaches in one of the pockets of her lab coat and removes a Pokeball. She clicks the button to open it up, and a white flash of energy emerges. When the flash goes away you see three pairs of magnets attached to three shiny orbs of silver metal floating in the air. "Magneton, let's go!" The Magnet Pokemon nods and floats alongside Astrid. "We're not too far from the East Wing luckily. Please, will you help us?"

Well, will you?

-------------------------------------------------------

Charminions: You chase the Cornn Berry stealing Mankey through a wooded area to a small cave where it presents Viola, a young woman in overalls and glasses, and her sick Donphan. She explains her situation to you and her theory that only Trunphan's favorite berry will help it to take its medicine. Being the nice guys you and Osage are, you offer to help Viola out.

"You will? That's great!" Viola exclaims. "You're so wonderful to do this Charm!" She hurries over to her bag and pulls out a small book. "Let's see here," she mumbles thumbing furiously through its pages. "Here it is! This is the berry I am looking for, Trunphan's favorite." She shows you a picture of a big tan berry, almost pear shaped, with darker brown spots. "It's rather rare outside of the Hoenn Region, but I heard in town that there were a few trees up here with some. I'm from Fallarbor Town in the Hoenn Region. The nutrient-rich soil from the nearby volcano is perfect for growing them. My family has a small but profitable plantation selling them. I came here to research these berries to see how the climate and lack of volcanic soil affects their growth. Both my Trunphan and Pigkey are able to track their scent after being around them constantly in Fallarbor Town.” She pauses for a moment and looks at you and Osage. “You wouldn’t happen to have a Mankey or Primeape, or a Spoink or Grumpig, or even a member of the Swinub family, would you Charm? Their noses are pretty much the only noses that’ll be able to track them.”

She sees you and Osage looking at each other and shrugging your shoulders. “Hmm, could be a problem,” she laments. “Maybe Pigkey and I could go with you,” suddenly Trunphan stirs and moans a little. “Oh my! He is burning up with a fever! I won’t be able to accompany you Charm. I can’t leave him alone feeling like this.” Viola looks at Pigkey. “Pigkey, I want you to go with Charm to find the berries. If anything should happen along the way, please listen to Charm.” She looks back at you. “My Pigkey can track the berries for you. Could you please go with her to make sure nothing happens to her?” She begins writing something down on paper. “These are the attacks she knows plus what I believe to be her unique ability.” She hands you the list of attacks Pigkey knows. “And now for the awkward part. I’m lending you one of my Pokémon, Charm, to get an errand done for me. Would you mind, terribly, leaving one of yours with me? You know where I’ll be this whole time, but I need to be able to trust that you’ll return with not only the berries but my Mankey as well. It doesn’t matter to me which, but you may want to keep your Ice-type with you since there are a lot of birds in the area. Do we have a deal?”

What will you do?

Special Instructions: If you decide to leave one of your Pokémon with Viola, you will not be able to use it in Astoria for the time being. Either way, Pigkey the female Mankey will accompany you outside of her Pokeball. Choose wisely; your decision will have an effect or two on what happens going forward. The following list contains the only attacks Pigkey knows: Covet, Scratch, Low Kick, Leer, Focus Energy, Fury Swipes, Smack Down, Thunderpunch, Dynamicpunch, Mega Punch. Her ability is (actually) Anger Point.

--------------------------------------------------------

The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

Myrrh: After Volts gets pelted in the face with a pretty effective Mud Slap, you begin to do some calculations in your head. Volts, meanwhile, begins to get nervous because he can’t hear you speaking and his vision has been reduced. A quick squeal from the EleSquirrel, not only snaps you out of your thinking, but reminds you that he’s injured.

You begin to give Volts his orders, first having him run to the pond to try to clean the mud out of his eyes. Not being too sure where the pond is, Volts hazily sees what he thinks is the pond and heads in that direction. The Surskit watches your Pachirisu get closer to the pond. It tenses its body up a bit and blows some bubbles at him. The bubbles pelt Volts’ head. While they don’t cause much damage, they are able to slow the EleSquirrel down slightly without a lasting effect.

Volts is able to reach the pond, and immediately immerses his head in its cool waters. He rubs his eyes gently to try to coax the mud out. When he takes his head out of the pond, his eyes still sting a little; but his vision has definitely improved. The problem now is that his eyes are constantly being flooded with tears, which are working to rid Volts of what little mud remains.

Volts focuses on Surskit darting on the pond onto land now. He readies a bomb in the shape of a seed and throws it at the Pond Skater as it runs by. The Seed Bomb explodes on Surskit's back sending it flying across the room, it landing near what appears to be the opening of a tunnel. Surskit gets up, and its antenna sways from front to back, as if it was beckoning you. A pink mist wafts through the air. Volts smells this sweet scent, and he just forgets about using his last ordered attack. He enters a trance-like state, and slowly approaches Surskit.

Surskit turns and scuttles out of the cavern with Volts unknowingly following.

What will you do?

The Island
    ~The Lakes~

TutorX: As you make your trip to the opposite side of the pond, to post the fourth sign, you see a young boy emerge from the same path you previously walked on. You keep half an eye on the child, who has now begun to swim in the pond, mostly because there seems to be a lack of supervision.

Eventually on your trek, you hear the boy scream out in pain. Without thinking, Zoomer reacts and fires a Signal Beam to close proximity to the boy hoping to distract any creature that may have attacked him. You remember the words of the Forest Ranger, and you decide to think of a strategy this time. Looking at Zoomer, you snap your fingers realizing you now have a plan. You take the sign from him, pick him up, and throw him into the pond in the direction where the boy was. You order Zoomer to use Teleport to get the boy out of the water. With his orders, Zoomer disappears immediately and reappears next to the boy. Zoomer and the boy disappear quickly from the pond and reappear on shore near the edge of the path.

Almost instantly after Zoomer and the disappeared, you see something surfacing on the pond. First you see a set of blue spikes. As more of it appears, you determine it has a round shape. Finally you see its eyes and a big set of red lips. The Qwilfish looks both angry and drowsy. The Balloon Pokémon yawns and scans the area around it. It spots your Ralts, and it becomes upset.

Meanwhile you run over to the little boy, who is holding his foot in pain, tears falling from his eyes. You inspect him, and you see what appears to be a thorn in his foot. “I s-s-tepped on something,” he says in between sobs. “Mommy!!!” he screams, still crying.

Qwilfish, fully awake now, expands its body preparing to attack. First it tenses itself, hardening its defenses. From the pressure of expanding its body, it fires quills in your direction, attempting to sting you and Zoomer with its poison. What will you do?

Niles sighed as Zoomer landed with the kid a few paces away. Niles saw the Pokemon that was causing all the trouble. It looked like a small spiky Wailmer. Niles started walking over to the boy, while trying to figure out the Pokemon's name.

"Pineco, no not that. Quilly? Spiney? Spineyfish, no that's not it, but close. Spikeyfish? Oh wait it's Spikefish!" Niles announced to himself. Zoomer put his hand to his head and shakes his head in annoyance. Niles then remembers the situation and runs over to check on the boy. He seemed to be crying, there was a thorn stuck in his foot. Niles bent down to check it out when he saw a flash out the corner of his eye. The 'Spikefish' was getting ready to battle and it suddenly shot out quills. Zoomer quickly reacted and Teleported the three of them out of the way.

"Zoomer shoot a confuse ray at the Spikefish, then use Metronome!" Niles commanded. He was sick of fish trying to push him around and wasn't letting this one get away.

Stats

Garden of Iris

Rainbow Pool

Coolz8

You ask Leah for help in trying to catch a Pokemon and she responds, “Well, I can take you to some places where wild Pokemon are commonly found, but if you want to catch one, you’ll be on your own, I’m afraid!”

You could tell she seemed somewhat confused when you mentioned how you can “drag your home here”, but she didn’t say anything about that and moved on to your last question. “Oh, um, I’m sorry, but I’m afraid I’d like to stay here. However…” she pauses for a moment as her mood darkens, “I would like to ask you a favor. I have been trying to gather some rainbow-colored flowers that are an important ingredient to a special medicine. But a Vespiquen and her hive of Combee have recently established their territory at the only place where the flowers grow, and they defend it extremely fiercely. So much so, that Ludicolo and I can’t even get close to the flowers. The other Pokemon that normally lived there have all been chased out as well. Vespiquen must be defeated and, if possible, persuaded to live somewhere else, but I need your help!”

What will Frinth do?

[/color]
    "I will help you out, Leah." A usual smirk which may be considered unusually wide reformed on his expression.

Though it wasn't entirely expected, the task laid as a deviant path ahead of him formed, grass claring the soil, bricks glazing and arranging a typical pattern, one which has been created and described in novels of another universe, one of a primitive timeline. Another random memory decided to slip through his mind, one which wasn't entirely his own. one which surpassed interdimentional travel, slipping through reality's bonds and restoring itself in this dimension's counterpart.

He looked around, spotting a motherly instructor, relaying stories about bloody casualties infracted by a tool, a cutter. He easily imagined vivid images, a red pool, fountaining from a halved thumb. A named barely formed in his mind. His head lay on another shoulder, Kell- which was followed by two soft pats on his back, shaking and hysterical outbusts calmed, and his smile became sincere.

Though Out of the other world, and he responds further.

"Well, could you guide me through the area too? I kind of get lost easily. Hehe... ^^" " Though he expressed some kind of hesitation, he forced it all out and decided to move on.

Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

Charminions: You chase the Cornn Berry stealing Mankey through a wooded area to a small cave where it presents Viola, a young woman in overalls and glasses, and her sick Donphan. She explains her situation to you and her theory that only Trunphan's favorite berry will help it to take its medicine. Being the nice guys you and Osage are, you offer to help Viola out.

"You will? That's great!" Viola exclaims. "You're so wonderful to do this Charm!" She hurries over to her bag and pulls out a small book. "Let's see here," she mumbles thumbing furiously through its pages. "Here it is! This is the berry I am looking for, Trunphan's favorite." She shows you a picture of a big tan berry, almost pear shaped, with darker brown spots. "It's rather rare outside of the Hoenn Region, but I heard in town that there were a few trees up here with some. I'm from Fallarbor Town in the Hoenn Region. The nutrient-rich soil from the nearby volcano is perfect for growing them. My family has a small but profitable plantation selling them. I came here to research these berries to see how the climate and lack of volcanic soil affects their growth. Both my Trunphan and Pigkey are able to track their scent after being around them constantly in Fallarbor Town.” She pauses for a moment and looks at you and Osage. “You wouldn’t happen to have a Mankey or Primeape, or a Spoink or Grumpig, or even a member of the Swinub family, would you Charm? Their noses are pretty much the only noses that’ll be able to track them.”

She sees you and Osage looking at each other and shrugging your shoulders. “Hmm, could be a problem,” she laments. “Maybe Pigkey and I could go with you,” suddenly Trunphan stirs and moans a little. “Oh my! He is burning up with a fever! I won’t be able to accompany you Charm. I can’t leave him alone feeling like this.” Viola looks at Pigkey. “Pigkey, I want you to go with Charm to find the berries. If anything should happen along the way, please listen to Charm.” She looks back at you. “My Pigkey can track the berries for you. Could you please go with her to make sure nothing happens to her?” She begins writing something down on paper. “These are the attacks she knows plus what I believe to be her unique ability.” She hands you the list of attacks Pigkey knows. “And now for the awkward part. I’m lending you one of my Pokémon, Charm, to get an errand done for me. Would you mind, terribly, leaving one of yours with me? You know where I’ll be this whole time, but I need to be able to trust that you’ll return with not only the berries but my Mankey as well. It doesn’t matter to me which, but you may want to keep your Ice-type with you since there are a lot of birds in the area. Do we have a deal?”

What will you do?

Special Instructions: If you decide to leave one of your Pokémon with Viola, you will not be able to use it in Astoria for the time being. Either way, Pigkey the female Mankey will accompany you outside of her Pokeball. Choose wisely; your decision will have an effect or two on what happens going forward. The following list contains the only attacks Pigkey knows: Covet, Scratch, Low Kick, Leer, Focus Energy, Fury Swipes, Smack Down, Thunderpunch, Dynamicpunch, Mega Punch. Her ability is (actually) Anger Point.
    "You will? That's great!" Viola happily cheers, "You're so wonderful to do this Charm!" She quickly hurries to her bag, unable to see Charm's obvious blush, to grab a small book. "Let's see here," she begins flipping through the book. "Here it is! This is the berry I am looking for, Trunphan's favorite," she says, showing us a picture of a tan-ish berry with dark brown spots on it. "It's rather rare outside of the Hoenn Region, but I heard in town that there were a few trees up here with some. I'm from Fallarbor Town in the Hoenn Region." Hoenn Region? That's pretty cool, I have something in common with her, Charm thinks to himself, thinking back at the rural farm lands he came from in a distant part of the Hoenn Region. "The nutrient-rich soil from the nearby volcano is perfect for growing them. My family has a small but profitable plantation selling them. I came here to research these berries to see how the climate and lack of volcanic soil affects their growth. Both my Trunphan and Pigkey are able to track their scent after being around them constantly in Fallarbor Town.” She then waits to look at us. “You wouldn’t happen to have a Mankey or Primeape, or a Spoink or Grumpig, or even a member of the Swinub family, would you Charm? Their noses are pretty much the only noses that’ll be able to track them.”

Charm and Osage merely shrug, signalling a lack of good smellers on their team. “Hmm, could be a problem,” she says. “Maybe Pigkey and I could go with you,” but the sound of her Donphan moaning shuts down part of that idea. “Oh my! He is burning up with a fever! I won’t be able to accompany you Charm. I can’t leave him alone feeling like this.” She glances at her Mankey. “Pigkey, I want you to go with Charm to find the berries. If anything should happen along the way, please listen to Charm.” Oh boy. Charm starts thinking to himself, what am I getting myself into. But it was too late to turn back as Viola looks back at him. “My Pigkey can track the berries for you. Could you please go with her to make sure nothing happens to her?”

"I guess so," Charm shyly responds. She then writes down something before saying, “These are the attacks she knows plus what I believe to be her unique ability.” Handing Charm the paper, he stores it in the front pocket of his black jeans for easy access. “And now for the awkward part. I’m lending you one of my Pokémon, Charm, to get an errand done for me. Would you mind, terribly, leaving one of yours with me? You know where I’ll be this whole time, but I need to be able to trust that you’ll return with not only the berries but my Mankey as well. It doesn’t matter to me which, but you may want to keep your Ice-type with you since there are a lot of birds in the area. Do we have a deal?”

Charm thinks it over. Who should he loan? Drifty and Ace are both in the Daycare, leaving Charm with only one option. "Come on out, Apollo," Charm says, tossing the Pokeball in the air. The red beam shoots into the ground and takes the shape of a Combusken. "Here is my most trusted Pokemon. Hatched him right at home in the farmlands of the Hoenn Region." He turns to Apollo now. "Apollo, I'll need you to stay with them for a little bit while Osage, this Mankey, and I look for a berry that can help Viola's Donphan feel better. Treat them well, friend." Apollo gives a military salute with a loud "Combusken!" happy to grant his trainer's wish.

Charm then turns to Osage and Pigkey. "Alright guys, let's go," he says, "lead the way, Pigkey."
    Last edited by Charminions; 22nd June 2012 at 2:28 AM.

Eyrie Peak

Posy Field

Son_of_Shadows

You were lucky Aegis was able to put out the fire so quickly, but you still had a battle to finish up. Bishop was looking exhausted, but if he could just push a little more, he’d be able to win against this Karrablast. He hopped back over to the bug and stabbed it with his beak. Karrablast looked like it was going to fall over after being Pecked like that… but no, he was still standing! That spunky little bug had Endured the attack! One more Peck! No, he Endured it again! And another Peck! Karrablast was showing extreme determination. Who would fall first? Would it be Karrablast, unable to Endure any more? Or would it be Bishop, who simply pushed it too far? Just then, Karrablast gasped. It was too much to Endure, and he collapsed from the pain, falling unconscious. Bishop gains one level! Bishop stood there for a second, still trying to take it all in, and he ends up falling on his tail feathers, extremely tired but able to relax now that he had won. He was certainly a Hoothoot to be proud of for fighting the way he did. However, it felt like you had forgotten something completely important… You couldn’t really figure it out but-

Oh no. THE PICNIC BASKET!

You were so focused on the battle that you had completely forgotten why you were battling the Karrablast. Or that the basket was in the middle of those bushes you burnt. You look back over to the bushes which looked almost burnt to a crisp, and right in the middle was your basket. Aegis was just too late to save it. All the food inside was completely destroyed, and you had only yourself to blame for ruining your perfect picnic. At least you had an unconscious Karrablast to show for it.

What will Joshua do?
    With Aegis safely returned to his Pokéball is was down to Bishop to finish the ghastly little bug... And it proved to annoy him even further, by bracing himself against Bishop's last few Peck attacks. Fortunately, he could hold out no longer. Karrablast fell to the ground unconscious. Victory for the Hoothoot, who also collapsed, exhausted. Joshua scooped him up in his arms. "Yahoo! Attaboy Bishop!" He struck a heroic pose. "Let this be a warning to picnic thieves both near and far, retribution is always at hand! JUSTICE FOR THE BASKET... Which we... burned to ashes... Great." Joshua sighed. Way to go genius, you incinerated your lunch. The bushes were totally black too, as were a couple of trees. Ashes were scattered across the ground. Fortunately this would fertilise the soil, so the area would recover... But still, this whole adventure so far had been a lesson in recklessness. "Bishop... You can take a breather," he said, sending the bird back into his Pokéball, "I'm sure I can gather some fruit or something like that... Must be a couple of trees about." With that, Joshua straightened up, and headed into the the undergrowth, hunting for at least some kind of fruit tree or berry-bearing bush.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

As always please let me know if anyone has any questions. To those who are waiting to be updated, I think I can grab one more. Please continue to be patient. I know it's not easy (I've been there).

The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

Myrrh: After Volts gets pelted in the face with a pretty effective Mud Slap, you begin to do some calculations in your head. Volts, meanwhile, begins to get nervous because he can’t hear you speaking and his vision has been reduced. A quick squeal from the EleSquirrel, not only snaps you out of your thinking, but reminds you that he’s injured.

You begin to give Volts his orders, first having him run to the pond to try to clean the mud out of his eyes. Not being too sure where the pond is, Volts hazily sees what he thinks is the pond and heads in that direction. The Surskit watches your Pachirisu get closer to the pond. It tenses its body up a bit and blows some bubbles at him. The bubbles pelt Volts’ head. While they don’t cause much damage, they are able to slow the EleSquirrel down slightly without a lasting effect.

Volts is able to reach the pond, and immediately immerses his head in its cool waters. He rubs his eyes gently to try to coax the mud out. When he takes his head out of the pond, his eyes still sting a little; but his vision has definitely improved. The problem now is that his eyes are constantly being flooded with tears, which are working to rid Volts of what little mud remains.

Volts focuses on Surskit darting on the pond onto land now. He readies a bomb in the shape of a seed and throws it at the Pond Skater as it runs by. The Seed Bomb explodes on Surskit's back sending it flying across the room, it landing near what appears to be the opening of a tunnel. Surskit gets up, and its antenna sways from front to back, as if it was beckoning you. A pink mist wafts through the air. Volts smells this sweet scent, and he just forgets about using his last ordered attack. He enters a trance-like state, and slowly approaches Surskit.

Surskit turns and scuttles out of the cavern with Volts unknowingly following.

What will you do?
    "Yeah, nice Seed Bomb! If that Surskit didn't have back problems, it will now." Now how about that Gunk Shot? Hey, why did you stop Volts? Hey, can you hear me!?" Myrrh turned to the Surskit to see what it was up to. He didn't quite understand what was going on at first, until it started making it's way out and saw that Volts was started to slowly follow it.

"Oh, must be it's Sweet Scent. Gonna follow it like they do in the cartoons eh?" As Volts started to slowly leave towards Surskit's direction, Myrrh momentarily thought of trying to snap his little friend out of his trance so they could take a breather, but he was not about to let some punk-*** little bug get away after it got the jump on them (yeah, he mad). He decided to follow closely behind Volts so that they would cross paths with the Surskit again, or so he hoped.

"All right you little bugger, just where are you trying to lead us?" Thought Myrrh as he caught up to his entranced pokemon. "Funny how even now you still lead the way...."

Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

Myahoo: Satisfied with Wildfire’s discovery of the cave in the mountainside, the both of you make your way into its mouth; you hobbling slowly over. Now that it was raining full force at least you’d be dry. Once your initial feeling of invading the lair of an unsuspecting Pokemon subsides, you both move further in with Wildfire’s flames on his back lighting the way.

Wildfire, a few steps ahead of you, finds a large flat rock for you to rest on. You happily oblige to this and begin to rest your legs. Taking a moment to reflect on your journey, thus far, you wonder whether or not your leg is truly broken. Your reflecting is halted after a few moments when you start to hear what sounds like chirping further in the cave. The both of you look at each other bewildered. A bird? In this cave? Your first thought is wondering if it’s a baby bird who’s hurt.

You look to your partner and make a request that he go further in the cave to see what the source of the chirping is. After all, if the Pokemon is hurt, you could help heal it. Wildfire nods and turns and walks further in the cave. You watch the light get dimmer as he goes deeper inside.

Wildfire walks slowly and cautiously alone in the cave. Instinctively he lessened the intensity of the flames on his back, so as not to draw unwanted attention to him. Plus he could see a little better than his trainer anyway. He looked all around, inspecting the area to see if he could find the source of the chirping. The size of the tunnel never changed much. As he pressed on, the chirping got louder and slowly it became more clear.

After a short time Wildfire sees what looks like a large cavern in the mountain. He enters it, still being careful to not be seen. Finally he spots the source of the chirping. Wildfire sees a grey and white bird with a curl on its head flying in the cavern. He sees it's looking sternly at something, and come to think of it Wildfire wonders where this bright blue light came from. Moving around the outer wall a bit he sees what the Staravia is looking at. There facing Staravia is a purple rock with three legs and light blue gems, and Wildfire determines that the gems are giving off the glow. He watches this rock as it creates rocks and fires them at the Staravia.

"Wings, dodge those!" orders a new voice. Wildfire looks around the room to see a girl, a little taller than you, fists clenched switching her focus between the Starvia and the Boldore. He looked back at the Staravia, who was able to weave around the four rocks that were blasted its way. "Great, now use Steel Wing!" The wings of the battling bird begin to glow a silvery metallic color at this command. The Staravia straightens its wings and soars towards the Boldore. Its wing smacks into the Ore Pokemon, and it falls back in pain. The force of the fall shakes the ground around the cavern, which spooks Wildfire enough to run to the exit and through it. As Wildfire exits, the Boldore fires a rock at Staravia, which painfully smacks it down. He doesn't see this happen, but he hears the Staravia cry out.

While you sit and wait in the dark, you have your hand near your other Pokeballs just in case a nasty crawls out of the darkness to attack you. All of a sudden you hear a rumbling in the direction Wildfire traveled moments ago. Now you hear Wildfire squeal, and you see the fire on his back announcing his arrival as your location gets brighter and brighter. Seeing nothing accompanying Wildfire you ask him what is going on. Your Cyndaquil stands on his hind legs and begins signing. He points to you and starts to squeal a little. Next he waves his arms like he's flapping wings. Finally he puts his front paws down and lifts one of his hind legs and growls, followed by him jumping and curling into a ball, and you catching him. Given this information, what will you do?
    Melissa watched as Wildfire's flames disappeared into the depths of the cave and, with the light and warmth gone, the darkness of the cave seemed to press in on her. She shivered and brushed her hand along the Pokeballs attached to her belt, reassuring herself that she still had all her Pokemon with her, as she stared down the path Wildfire took. The time seemed to stretch on and she wished she was one of those people who always wore a watch, so she could tell how much time had passed, though she was sure the actual time was much shorter than what it felt like.

She started fidgeting after a while and glanced around, debating whether to call out one of her other Pokemon for company. The wait had really worn on her nerves because she jumped when she heard a rumbling come from deeper in the cave. After taking in a pained breath, her leg loudly protesting the startled movement, she called out, “Wildfire? Wildfire, are you okay?” The teen breathed a sigh of relief at hearing him squeal back and spotted his flames approaching.

Once he got close enough for her to see, she quickly looked him over to make sure he hadn’t gotten hurt by anything while he was gone. Glad that he appeared unhurt, she asked him, “So, what’d you see? What was that chirping?” In response, Wildfire stood up on his hind legs and pointed at the teen. “Um, me?” He shook his head and pointed at her again, squealing a little. “Alright, then…um, a person? A…a trainer?” He nodded happily, before spreading his forelegs wide and flapping them. “Um…I’m guessing there’s some sort of bird further in then?” Her Cyndaquil nodded again. He then dropped back down to all four legs, before lifting one hind leg and growling. Melissa tilted her head in confusion. “Er, I’m gonna say there’s another Pokemon there, too. Something three-legged…?” After another nod, he leaped towards her, mindful of her injured leg, and curled up into a ball. She caught him, laughing a bit at the charades her Pokemon showed her. “Should I assume there’s a bit of a battle going on between the bird and the three-legged Pokemon then?” When he nodded again, she sighed. “Well, there’s not much I can do right now, considering I’d be hobbling everywhere. And I definitely wouldn’t want to get into a Pokemon battle, while I’m injured.” She sighed, glancing back towards where she assumed the Pokemon battle was taking place. “Especially if the cave happens to collapse. That rumbling definitely didn’t sound good and I’m pretty sure I can’t run with my leg like this either.” She cast a doubtful look at said leg.

After a moment, Wildfire said a tentative, “Quilquil?”

“I guess we’re just gonna wait for the storm to pass and hope those battling Pokemon don’t bring the cave down around us,” she told him with a shrug and a wry smile. Wildfire nodded with a “Qu-il” and settled himself more comfortably in her lap.

Adventure Path

Flame Mistress

Your last strategy to take down a Skarmory didn’t exactly work the way you wanted, but it did keep the Armor Bird trapped within a Spinning vortex of Fire, giving you a window of opportunity to use your stronger moves to defeat it. First, though, Flare flashed another Confuse Ray into Skarmory’s face, causing it to be disoriented once again. So disoriented, in fact, that it accidentally flew into the vortex and took more damage, just as your Vulpix jumped up to the Skarmory, Crossed her arms, and lit them on Fire. However, due to the erratic way her target was flying, the bird somehow flew out of the way of Flare’s attack, so she unfortunately wasted the energy that time. Worse still, she landed in the area where Skarmory had used Spikes, taking damage and further aggravating her injured leg. Meanwhile, Skarmory was still trying to regain its senses and flew close enough to the vortex to take some more damage. Flare gained courage from this, and, despite her injury, she was able to leap to where Skarmory was and try Crossfire again. This time, she connected, dealing some heavy damage to Skarmory’s torso, but Skarmory reacts quickly and releases its Air Cutting disks at pointblank range, slicing into Flare for some good damage. The Fire Spin dissipates, and you could tell Skarmory was in serious pain and was now charred all over its body. Flare wasn’t looking too hot either, as she winced in pain from her injured leg. You could tell she had run out of fire energy too. If you wanted to switch to Serafina, now was a good opportunity to do it. Even though your Houndour wasn’t as experienced as Flare or Skarmory, she would have a decent chance to finish the Armor Bird off.

What will Charlotte do?
    [/color]
    A pang of guilt struck Charlotte's heart as she watched Flare getting injured. Perhaps she'd pushed her a little too far. But one look from Flare told Charlotte that, although her energy was running out, she still had enough for one last move. "This is it, Flare! Use Hypnosis for one last time!"

"Alright, Flare, you can have a good rest now," Charlotte said afterwards, withdrawing her now exhausted Flare. She felt a little bit guilty for pushing her that far, but that wasn't something to dwell on for now. Picking another red-and-white Pokeball from her pocket, she took it out and threw it into the air. "Your turn, Serafina!" she exclaimed as the white flash of light that emerged from the sphere materialised into a Houndour, Serafina, who gave a delighted roar.

"Okay, Serafina," Charlotte began, and Serafina turned her attention to her master. "So, Flare did a lot of damage to the Skarmory before, so it shouldn't be a long while before we can attempt catching it. :et's start off with an Ember, use it twice. If it ever wakes up and gets near you, use Thunder Fang. We're nearly there, so let's give it our best!"

My stats are linked in the image, in case you've forgotten.

Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 5

The Divine Woodland

Magus Falls

Kaisap112 – {I'm afraid you went a little too far in your reply, so I'm going to backtrack it to make things more interesting. Perhaps you didn't get yourself and Skitty out of the water safely... >=D }

This Remoraid thought it’d be fun to play “How Long Can Skitty Hold On to the Tree While It Was Water Gunning Her”, but Skitty had enough of being a target and was just about to let go, even though doing so would send her into a watery mess. You dove in to rescue your friend, and once Remoraid noticed you, it got spooked and swam back down. You resurface and call out to Skitty, and she lets go knowing you were there to help her get out of the water quickly. Once she climbs on top of your head, you swim back to shore. On the way there, however, a Water Gun shoots at you from behind, propelling you off to the shore just before a Croconaw surfaced in a lunge towards you. You almost got Bitten and ripped to shreds, but that blast of water saved you! You turn back to find the Remoraid resurfacing in a smile. It was the Remoraid! It must’ve seen the reptile coming for you and blasted you out. It quickly wipes its smile, however, as it now finds an angry Croconaw swimming straight for it!

What will Noriko do?

Eyrie Peak

Adventure Path

Flame Mistress

You have pushed a Skarmory to the brink, but in the process you pushed Flare to the brink too. However, you could still count on your Houndour, Serafina, to deal with the Armor Bird, but not before asking your Vulpix for one last attack. Flare’s Hypnosis doesn’t quite get eye contact with Skarmory, but with the Skarmory already tiring… eh, it wouldn’t hurt Skarmory to take a little nap, right? After all, that’s what she was trying to do before these dames showed up. Maybe they’ll just… leave her alone now… and go down… the tunnel… she… showed… the..m… earlier…

With Skarmory now dozing off, you were free to switch Pokemon and finish it off, possibly even catch it. So you recall Flare and summon Serafina, and Skarmory wasn’t going to do anything about it. Still asleep, it was a sitting Psyduck against both of the Dark puppy’s Ember showers, squawking in pain both times, but still too tired to do anything other than sleep. Serafina then goes in to keep the battle from going on any further, charging her mouth with Thunderous electricity and trying to sink her Fangs into Skarmory’s throat. Her jaws don’t pierce the metallic hide, but they do send electricity through the Steel-type bird of prey, and Skarmory was just too tired of this to resist and let herself fall unconscious. Serafina gains one level! Having sent Skarmory back to sleep, you could now catch it, but… well, getting out was going to be another issue. The cave-in had blocked your main route of escaping, and it wasn’t going to be unblocked anytime soon. You do remember the tunnel that Skarmory showed you earlier though, and it looked like it was big enough for you and Serafina to crawl through, but who knows where that would lead?

What will Charlotte do?

Posy Field

Son_of_Shadows

Your picnic ruined by a Karrablast (and your own recklessness), you didn’t want the entire day to be left without enjoying it. So you leave the Karrablast where it is and head into the forested area of Posy Field to search for some fruits or Berries. Perhaps you can use them to rejuvenate Bishop, maybe even Karrablast, and have plenty left over to make it a picnic once again. Not long after passing a Galvantula sitting in its shocking web, however, you hear some unmistakable buzzing. Further up the trail flies a single Beedrill, buzzing straight at you. You also conveniently notice it holding a good handful of Berries.

Until it accidentally runs into you and sends all the Berries flying all over the place. The Beedrill quickly comes back to its senses and gets ticked. It didn’t matter if it was your fault or not, this Poison Bee was blaming you for its blunder, though it also looked like it didn’t have the time to waste dealing with you. And dealing with a wild Pokemon in a conflicted situation can be very dangerous.

What will Joshua do?

Jolteonjak – {Your update is here.}

Megh

Seeing that your Meowth was rendered unable to do anything to stop a Spinarak from snacking on him, you call on your Sewaddle, Lyla, to assist him. Seeing Jake under such torture caused the blood inside this bug to boil; she wasn’t going to watch her friend get eaten like that!

Of course, that means Lyla goes straight to work. She works her way around to the other side of the web where Spinarak was, Shoots her silk String onto the spider’s abdomen, and starts pulling. Not only is the Spinarak slower, but now it’s got an annoying little pest interrupting its meal. It now spits its own String Shot onto Lyla, working on making her a second course. After all, the succulent kitty wasn’t going anywhere, right? Then Spinarak starts pulling on a possible Sewaddle dinner, but instead of resisting, Lyla uses that pull to propel herself into the String Spit Pokemon’s body, Tackling it and knocking it off its web, dealing some slight damage in the process. Spinarak didn’t expect Lyla to do that at all, and it was now fixated on your Sewaddle instead of your Meowth, using Poison Sting on Lyla. The poisonous needles stab into Lyla for a little damage, but they also inject venom into her, and the poison will continue to wear down her health some more. Meanwhile, Jake struggles to escape his silky prison, but the poison is making it too difficult to muster up the energy to break free from the web. However, now that Spinarak was focused on Lyla, you had an opportunity to help your partner with his troubles.

What will Megh do?

Garden of Iris

Rainbow Pool

Coolz8

You were willing to help Leah with her Vespiquen problem, but after a strange memory pops into your head, you admit that you would get lost out here and have no idea what you were doing. Leah just smiled and said, “Not a problem! I can take you to where they live, and we can go from there!”

After having breakfast and discussing the situation further, Leah guides you over to the field where the rainbow-colored flowers grow. Once you got close, she uses a more serious tone and tells you her plan: “Ludicolo and I will go and try to get to the flowers. Vespiquen will show up with quite a few Combee to guard her. One Combee will have a distinct marking; that’s the one you must concentrate your attacks on. Once that one’s defeated, the rest of the Combee won’t be as coordinated effectively by Vespiquen, and then Ludicolo and I will be able to deal with Vespiquen. From there, once we beat Vespiquen, the rest of the Combee will stop fighting, and hopefully we can convince Vespiquen to move to another place I have found that will be perfect for them.” You could tell that beneath Leah’s shy exterior lay a strong trainer that was about to put her experience to good use.

Now that she was confident you understood her plan, she set out to enact it. Sure enough, once she and Ludicolo even set one foot onto the small field of flowers with the Rainbow Flowers in the middle, the bug Pokemon she was talking about showed up to defend their territory and you could finally see the Beehive Pokemon for yourself. Though only three feet in height, she was definitely a Pokemon that deserved to be the center of attention, at least for newer trainers like yourself. Her disciples, seven Combee, followed closely behind her, one of them with a distinct red mark on its bottom face, presumably the one for you to focus on. The battle would get underway very quickly…

What will Frinth do?

Dead Forest

The Burial Ground

Marion Ette – {LOL, I forgot you were babysitting Severus; I just needed a moth for a Crobat to eat, so I picked Dustox! Glad you were on the ball, Marion! =D

Also, in the Black/White movesets, Crobat gets Cross Poison and Screech automatically, and I didn't see those moves in Sangre's stats, so go ahead and add those moves in if you haven't. You may need them... >=D }

Your plans to keep Sangre’s insectivorous habits a secret aside, you were ready to begin research on this swampy gravesite when you were warned by two mysterious hags against prying too much into this place. This wasn’t about to faze you, though; you simply bid farewell to them and complement them on their fashions.

You then move on to gather some samples of the toxic soil around here in various places, each sample slightly bigger than the last. You are also careful not to let any of it make contact with your skin; who knows what deadly poisons could be soaking the earth here? You look at the last sample you collect; it looks particularly nasty, and it probably has the biggest cocktail of toxins out here. It fascinates you so much you fail to notice your legs slowly sinking into the swampy land. Sangre alerts you to your peril, and you try to get your feet unstuck, but your moving around only causes you to sink further in. Suddenly, you feel yourself grabbed by something, and the grabbing buckles your knees causing you to fall on your backside. Now more of your body gets caught into the mire. It seems the old ladies’ warnings were not something to be taken lightly, and if you didn’t act fast, you would be slowly dragged to your own grave.

What will Marion do?

Adventure Path

Flame Mistress

You have pushed a Skarmory to the brink, but in the process you pushed Flare to the brink too. However, you could still count on your Houndour, Serafina, to deal with the Armor Bird, but not before asking your Vulpix for one last attack. Flare’s Hypnosis doesn’t quite get eye contact with Skarmory, but with the Skarmory already tiring… eh, it wouldn’t hurt Skarmory to take a little nap, right? After all, that’s what she was trying to do before these dames showed up. Maybe they’ll just… leave her alone now… and go down… the tunnel… she… showed… the..m… earlier…

With Skarmory now dozing off, you were free to switch Pokemon and finish it off, possibly even catch it. So you recall Flare and summon Serafina, and Skarmory wasn’t going to do anything about it. Still asleep, it was a sitting Psyduck against both of the Dark puppy’s Ember showers, squawking in pain both times, but still too tired to do anything other than sleep. Serafina then goes in to keep the battle from going on any further, charging her mouth with Thunderous electricity and trying to sink her Fangs into Skarmory’s throat. Her jaws don’t pierce the metallic hide, but they do send electricity through the Steel-type bird of prey, and Skarmory was just too tired of this to resist and let herself fall unconscious. Serafina gains one level! Having sent Skarmory back to sleep, you could now catch it, but… well, getting out was going to be another issue. The cave-in had blocked your main route of escaping, and it wasn’t going to be unblocked anytime soon. You do remember the tunnel that Skarmory showed you earlier though, and it looked like it was big enough for you and Serafina to crawl through, but who knows where that would lead?

What will Charlotte do?
    Charlotte breathed a sigh of relief as the Skarmory finally gave into her relentless attacks and fell unconscious. "Well done, Serafina," she softly said, cuddling Serafina, who had jumped into Charlotte's arms with a satisfied bark. Only then did she realise two important things: one, she didn't have any potions to heal Flare with, and two, the way she had entered from, her main route of escape, had collapsed thanks to the battle that had just taken place, and it probably wasn't going to just magically un-block itself. Sure, there was the spare cave the Skarmory had shown her, and it looked big enough for her to clamber through, but... who knew where it would take her?

But, of course, there were other things in her mind right now. She enlarged the empty Pokeball she'd been holding in her hand, and, checking that the Skarmory was indeed truly unconscious, walked up to it, and touched it with the Pokeball. "Sorry for the harsh fight I gave you," she whispered, feeling guilty and hypocritical at the same time, "but, you see, I really wanted you on my team." And with that, the unconscious Skarmory was sucked into the Pokeball without struggle, and Charlotte watched it shake, with her fingers crossed. It had to work... right?

It shook once...

Twice...

Three times...

((using 4/5 Pokeballs on Skarmory. god theyre ancient))
    Last edited by Azran Flame; 23rd June 2012 at 10:58 PM.

Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 5a

OK, I don't normally do this, but Flame Mistress asked very nicely and has been waiting six months for a zone capture (that's longer than I've been waiting, so I can understand her impatience), so I figure I should go ahead and let her have it. Because I'm that nice. And has all this time to update because I don't have a life at the moment.

Eyrie Peak

Adventure Path

Flame Mistress

All this time, you were fighting a Skarmory that was just trying to get some sleep. Flare had been scorching the bird for tons of damage, but since she was low on energy, you decided to let Serafina take over. She capitalized on Skarmory’s sleeping habits and finally put her into the deeper sleep of unconsciousness. Your desire to capture such a stellar Pokemon was overwhelming, but you also could only sympathize with the bird for putting it through such an ordeal. You open your Pokeball and it becomes filled with the red light that Skarmory became to fit inside it. It shakes once… twice… three times… then the button stops flashing, the ball stops shaking, and a sound was made confirming the capture. At least your new Lv. 6 Female Skarmory would have a comfortable new home in which to finally get a good night’s sleep.

Well, with nowhere else to go, you decide to crawl down the dark tunnel, Serafina following closely behind you. With no light for you to see, it’s simply a matter of treading very carefully. After about an hour of crawling through this tunnel, you put your hand out to keep crawling, and you tumble out into a much bigger tunnel. The cavern looks roughly hewn, and made recently. A more peculiar quality about the tunnel was the big, straight crack in the ceiling of the tunnel, almost as if… the same thing made the tunnel and the crack. Yikes. The cave goes in both directions, though whether either direction led aboveground was unknown.

Now that you have your first zone capture, you have unlocked the Egg House! *activates noisemakers, confetti cannons, and applause track* Make sure that when you collect your first egg, you post a link to your reply to this update claiming your brand new Skarmory. (You may now proceed to be jealous, readers. I know I am. ) In the meantime, what will Charlotte do?

Adventure Path

Flame Mistress

All this time, you were fighting a Skarmory that was just trying to get some sleep. Flare had been scorching the bird for tons of damage, but since she was low on energy, you decided to let Serafina take over. She capitalized on Skarmory’s sleeping habits and finally put her into the deeper sleep of unconsciousness. Your desire to capture such a stellar Pokemon was overwhelming, but you also could only sympathize with the bird for putting it through such an ordeal. You open your Pokeball and it becomes filled with the red light that Skarmory became to fit inside it. It shakes once… twice… three times… then the button stops flashing, the ball stops shaking, and a sound was made confirming the capture. At least your new Lv. 6 Female Skarmory would have a comfortable new home in which to finally get a good night’s sleep.

Well, with nowhere else to go, you decide to crawl down the dark tunnel, Serafina following closely behind you. With no light for you to see, it’s simply a matter of treading very carefully. After about an hour of crawling through this tunnel, you put your hand out to keep crawling, and you tumble out into a much bigger tunnel. The cavern looks roughly hewn, and made recently. A more peculiar quality about the tunnel was the big, straight crack in the ceiling of the tunnel, almost as if… the same thing made the tunnel and the crack. Yikes. The cave goes in both directions, though whether either direction led aboveground was unknown.

Now that you have your first zone capture, you have unlocked the Egg House! *activates noisemakers, confetti cannons, and applause track* Make sure that when you collect your first egg, you post a link to your reply to this update claiming your brand new Skarmory. (You may now proceed to be jealous, readers. I know I am. ) In the meantime, what will Charlotte do?
    [/color]
    ((*glomps DS* Thank you soooooooo much! =D))

Charlotte jumped up and punched the air with her fists with a whoop of delight when the Pokeball finally stopped shaking and made a sound, indicating that the capture was successful. "We did it!" she exclaimed gleefully, hugging Serafina tighter than ever before. Thankfully, Charlotte did release her eventually (just in time as well - Serafina had been considering using an Ember on her), and she picked up the Pokeball. She was about to greet her new-found companion when she realised - these Pokeballs probably didn't have automatic healing systems inside them, so it would be best for her to leave the new Skarmory alone until she recovered.

"Hey, speaking of which... Serafina, do you think Narcissa would be a good nickname for Skarmory?" Charlotte asked Serafina, who gave a questioning look in return. "Yeah, I know it's the name of a semi-villain, and that we already have a Malfoy on the team," Charlotte replied with a sigh, "but... hey, it's fitting right?" Serafina thought about this for a moment, and half-reluctantly agreed.

"Well, that's settled, then!" Charlotte said, talking to the Pokeball in her hands. "Welcome to the team, Narcissa!" And with that, she put it back in her bag. She then looked at the tunnel, and then at Serafina, and back at the tunnel, and said, "Well, we should be able to crawl through that, right?"

After about an hour or so, Charlotte and the quite disgruntled Serafina tumbled out of the small tunnel into an even bigger tunnel, which looked as if it had only been recently made. What was even stranger was that there was a big, straight crack running along the ceiling of the cave, and that, too, looked as if it had been made recently, if not by the same thing or creature that had shaped the larger tunnel. Charlotte felt a chill go up her spine at the realisation that there could well be a... a monster lurking here or something. Yes, it was very unlikely, but then again, this was Fizzy Bubbles - anything could happen.

Further down the cavern, it split into two directions, neither ensuring that it led overground. "Serafina, which way d'you reckon we should go?" Charlotte asked her rather frightened Houndour, who was hiding between Charlotte's legs by now. "Houn..." she whimpered, too scared to even give a reply. Charlotte sighed. "Well, I guess I'll have to use the alternative way, then..." she muttered, closing her eyes.

"One... two... three... go!"

Charlotte started spinning around rapidly, causing Serafina to yelp in bewilderment and curl up into a ball. After ten seconds, Charlotte came to a stop, and with the world still spinning around her, she dazedly stumbled into the cave on the left. "Come on, Serafina!" she yelled, and Serafina straightened up, though still with a look of uncertainty on her face. "I'm fine, really! Follow me!"

Wondering how she had found a trainer like Charlotte, Serafina followed her master, resisting the urge to sigh.

The Divine Woodland

Magus Falls

Kaisap112 – {I'm afraid you went a little too far in your reply, so I'm going to backtrack it to make things more interesting. Perhaps you didn't get yourself and Skitty out of the water safely... >=D }

This Remoraid thought it’d be fun to play “How Long Can Skitty Hold On to the Tree While It Was Water Gunning Her”, but Skitty had enough of being a target and was just about to let go, even though doing so would send her into a watery mess. You dove in to rescue your friend, and once Remoraid noticed you, it got spooked and swam back down. You resurface and call out to Skitty, and she lets go knowing you were there to help her get out of the water quickly. Once she climbs on top of your head, you swim back to shore. On the way there, however, a Water Gun shoots at you from behind, propelling you off to the shore just before a Croconaw surfaced in a lunge towards you. You almost got Bitten and ripped to shreds, but that blast of water saved you! You turn back to find the Remoraid resurfacing in a smile. It was the Remoraid! It must’ve seen the reptile coming for you and blasted you out. It quickly wipes its smile, however, as it now finds an angry Croconaw swimming straight for it!

What will Noriko do?
    With Skitty tightly on her head, Noriko swam back toward the dry land. Getting out of the water was her top priority. Suddenly, in mid-swim, Noriko felt a strong Water Gun hit her backside, throwing her all the way to the shore. Noriko turned to the lake, ready to start a mad rage before going after that cursed Remoraid – only to notice a Croconaw, right where they had been, finishing up a sharp-looking Bite attack that would’ve seriously torn her and Skitty to pieces! Behind Croconaw, the Remoraid popped its head out of the water with a smile. It had actually saved their lives.

The smile was short-lived though: Croconaw was less happy about the interruption of his hunt and decided a payback was in order. He started swimming straight for Remoraid with frightful anger in his eyes.

Somewhere in her head Noriko realized what she was doing was incredibly stupid. Not giving a Milktank’s butt about logic and sensible behavior, she started scooping moist soil off the ground, standing knee-deep in water, throwing the soil at Croconaw and screaming at it. “Hey! Try picking on someone your own size!” Skitty was beside her Trainer, Growling loudly. Noriko didn’t stop there, soil flying at the bully of a Croconaw. “Going after small fish like that? Attacking those who’ve done nothing to you? I thought Croconaw were better than that!”

Garden of Iris

Rainbow Pool

Coolz8

You were willing to help Leah with her Vespiquen problem, but after a strange memory pops into your head, you admit that you would get lost out here and have no idea what you were doing. Leah just smiled and said, “Not a problem! I can take you to where they live, and we can go from there!”

After having breakfast and discussing the situation further, Leah guides you over to the field where the rainbow-colored flowers grow. Once you got close, she uses a more serious tone and tells you her plan: “Ludicolo and I will go and try to get to the flowers. Vespiquen will show up with quite a few Combee to guard her. One Combee will have a distinct marking; that’s the one you must concentrate your attacks on. Once that one’s defeated, the rest of the Combee won’t be as coordinated effectively by Vespiquen, and then Ludicolo and I will be able to deal with Vespiquen. From there, once we beat Vespiquen, the rest of the Combee will stop fighting, and hopefully we can convince Vespiquen to move to another place I have found that will be perfect for them.” You could tell that beneath Leah’s shy exterior lay a strong trainer that was about to put her experience to good use.

Now that she was confident you understood her plan, she set out to enact it. Sure enough, once she and Ludicolo even set one foot onto the small field of flowers with the Rainbow Flowers in the middle, the bug Pokemon she was talking about showed up to defend their territory and you could finally see the Beehive Pokemon for yourself. Though only three feet in height, she was definitely a Pokemon that deserved to be the center of attention, at least for newer trainers like yourself. Her disciples, seven Combee, followed closely behind her, one of them with a distinct red mark on its bottom face, presumably the one for you to focus on. The battle would get underway very quickly…

What will Frinth do?

[/size]
    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125

Frinth looks at her in confusion. He was no longer enchanted by her presence, yet a fragment of admiration still existed within his will. "Um... Won't you further aggravate the Vespiquen by taking her out or by at least attempting to harm her or her hive? I would suggest we try to negotiate peacefully initially before using any other alternative yet violent method. Though I would appreciate the experience for Trick, and seeing you in action may be considered intriguingly interesting."

He reaches for her fingers and rushes certainly towards the group of Combee. A smile appeared once again on his expression. "That one over there?" He points to the one with a strange yet noticeable mark under its mouth.

But he then remembers his first inquiry, and manages to settle down on the ground, waiting for her reply. He then reminisces about the time a Roselia put him to sleep, only to wake up to a new friend at his side.

Posy Field
    Jolteonjak

You had a hungry little Teddiursa on your hands, and you needed to act fast to rescue her from her complaining stomach. Your Heracross seemed like a good Pokemon to gather some, so you call him out. It took a little convincing to shift his priorities from drinking delicious tree sap to gathering Berries for the Little Bear in peril, but Heracross did his job and gathered a nice amount of Berries for Teddiursa to munch on. Teddiursa happily eats half of the berries, then she pauses for a moment. She picks out two Berries from the pile, then holds the Chople Berry and Coba Berry out to you with a smile. Aw, she wants to give them to you, how sweet!

Moments later, you hear some buzzing sounds that chill you to the core. They can only belong to one Pokemon. You turn to the direction of the sound to see four wasp-looking Pokemon with barbs on their arms, and one of these Beedrill is speedy enough to fly in and scoop up the remaining Berries before you can react! The other three Beedrill are not far behind, spraying their Poison Sting at the ground around you before flying to where the first one is. Apparently, these three want to make sure their friend escapes with the stolen goods, and Teddiursa is not about to let them get away with this without a fight.

What will Chad do?

After a frenzied berry collecting mission for a hungry little Teddiursa, Heracross immediately darted off to the nearest tree for some sap to feast on. The Teddiursa began to eat the berries satisfying her rumbling tummy.

After about half of them had been consumed, she stopped. Chad was watching and thought she had had her fill of them. She picked two berries from the pile and turned to offer them to him smiling the whole time. Chad graciously took the berries from the Little Bear; he had thought it was rare for a Teddiursa to part with food willingly. “Thank you very much,” he said also smiling. “You’re so adorable.” Having never seen these berries before, he looked them up in his Pokedex. The Pokedex identified the one on the left as a Chople Berry and the one on the right as a Coba Berry. “These should make some tasty Poffins,” he said after reading a little bit about them. He placed them in his berry pouch with his other berries.

Chad turned to look at Heracross, who was having the time of his life drinking that sap. He could just hear him buzzing happily. ‘Wait, Heracross doesn’t buzz that loudly,’ he thought to himself. He turned towards the sound, and he spotted four large bees with equally large stingers on their arms. While he still had his Pokedex handy, he decided to scan them:

Beedrill, the Poison Bee Pokemon. Beedrill’s best attack involves flying around at high speed, striking with poison needles, then flying off.
    Before Teddiursa can continue chowing, one of the Beedrill swooped down to collect the rest of the berries Chad had picked for Teddiursa. The other three covered their comrade by firing off some Poison Sting attacks as a warning, since they only hit the ground in front of Chad. Chad could see this did not go over well with Teddiursa, as she was preparing herself to fight the Poison Bees.

"Care to team up on these thieving Beedrill?" Chad asked looking at the Teddiursa. Chad looked around for Heracross, who was still attached to his tree drinking. "Ugh," he sighed, "Heracross do you not hear the Beedrill around us?" Heracross turned his head only halfway around, and Chad could tell he was angry. In his rage, Heracross created a wave of Stone Edge and fired it wide at all of the Beedrill, and then he resumed his sap sipping. Chad had to dive to get out of the way. "Whoa! That's it! Off the tree now, and get here by my side!" he yelled. "You're on the sidelines." Heracross removed himself from the tree and flew over to Chad pouting.

Chad took a red and black ball from his backpack and enlarged it. For some reason, this ball had the letter "R" on it; he was never told when he received it. He tossed it under-handed, and it clicked open. The familiar white flash revealed the Pokemon within. This particular revelation also came with orbiting sparkling lights around the young blue camel that appeared. "Ok Numel. How about a few unruly bugs for your first battle?"

"Num?" Numel looked at Chad inquisitively.

"Look at the Beedrill," Chad pointed at the Poison Bees. Numel turned his gaze towards them. "Ok, use Ancientpower. Cyndaquil, use Extrasensory on a Beedrill." Chad looked at Teddiursa again. "Let's work together and get your berries back!"

- Picking up 1 Coba Berry and 1 Chople Berry. –
    Stats

Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 6

OK, just want to remind everybody that in battles you can use up to three attacks/items, not counting held items which get used automatically, except in double/triple battles where you can use two moves per Pokemon. Also, feel free to use two or three moves per reply; it'll make your battles go that much faster, and it'll give me more material to work with. With that, moar updates! =D

The Divine Woodland

Magus Falls

Kaisap112

Kitty getting stuck up a tree was the quintessential story for cat Pokemon, but there was a twist to yours; you and Kitty were saved by a Remoraid, a fish Pokemon, from the jaws of a Croconaw. But now that the Croconaw had set its sights on your savior, you felt you had to return the favor. You threw clumps of dirt at the Pokemon with the Big set of Jaws while Kitty Growled at it, both of you trying to get its attention. Well, it worked, at least the dirt-throwing part did. A Growl from a little Skitty didn’t really work wonders against a bigger Pokemon, much less in the intimidation department. Still, Croconaw got annoyed enough by your dirt throwing that it focused back on you, allowing the scared Remoraid time to get back into the water and ensure its safety. Of course, that meant Croconaw got annoyed enough by your dirt throwing that it focused back on you! So much so, that it shot it’s Water Gun straight at you and Kitty, knocking you back onto the ground. And now Croconaw’s charging in on you really fast. You're getting the impression that these attacks aren't predatory; something’s riled it up, and now it was your job to calm it back down… or at least avoid being croc food.

What will Noriko do?

Eyrie Peak

Adventure Path

Flame Mistress

Your adventures here have taken you into the middle of a nice, big tunnel with a large crack in the ceiling. You realize that this entire thing had to have been made by… something. Something huge. You realization causes Serafina to hide between your legs, terrified of the behemoth that was lurking this tunnel. With no real way to discern which path is better, you spin around, and the Astorian Gods of Randomness determined that you should go left, which Serafina reluctantly followed; somebody had to look after you, after all.

After another half an hour of going down a straight path, it curves to the left, but… well, that’s peculiar, there were boulders of increasing size lining the right of the path neatly. There were also some pretty big boulders on the left of the path. Suddenly, you heard a loud noise. It sounded like… snoring. Whoever, or whatever, was sleeping here had an interesting idea of home décor. You figure it was probably a good idea to go the other way, but… you were kind of curious. Okay, maybe one quick look… one very quick look at what was sleeping here, then you’d hightail it outta there before the monster woke up. You continue down the path, and the snoring of course gets even louder as you progress. It also felt like the path was in some sort of spiral. Oh, and one more thing; you could’ve sworn you saw and heard a few of these boulders moving.

You finally approach what looks to be probably a dead end, and with the snoring reaching its peak volume, that monster should be just up ahead, right? You make sure to be really quiet as you approach the last turn, and then… well, wait a minute, there’s nothing there! That doesn’t make sense, I was so sure you would find it sleeping right there. I’m sorry, I can’t quite figure out what’s going o-

Oh crud.

Oh… CRUD.

Um, Charlotte, do you notice a nasty smell blowing at you from your left? And maybe that very, VERY loud snoring? No? Well, turn to your left and… note what’s in front of you. Eyes. Nostrils. Huge horn. Huger mouth. Yeah, I’d call that a head made entirely out of rock. All of those boulders you’ve been passing up? Probably this Onix’s snakelike body. You cover your mouth hard as you scream to avoid waking up the 28 feet long Pokemon, and Serafina does the same as she yelps. And now the rocky “coils” tighten, closing what was a “tunnel” and pushing your and Serafina’s bodies closer towards Onix’s head, while all you could do was stand there, frozen in fear, and let it happen. However, it’s a pretty high ceiling for what was probably one room for Onix’s lair, and Onix was fortunately asleep. Perhaps you could climb on and over the mammoth body of the Rock Snake without waking it up…

What will Charlotte do?

Posy Field

Son_of_Shadows – {Your update is here.}

Jolteonjak

Being witness to a theft is bad enough, but when it involves stealing food from such an adorable little Teddiursa, the crime is especially heinous! Teddiursa was ready for battle, and she welcomed all the help she could get as she nodded at your offer to help. You call out to Heracross to join the battle, but all you get from him is a dirty look and three rings of Stone Edge, each ring directed at each Beedrill. You duck to avoid the attack as it flies past you. One of the Beedrill follows suit and dodges the ring sent at it while the other two took some decent damage, though only a third as much as a fully-powered Stone Edge since the attack was split between three targets.

You had enough of his insolence and order him to stay by your side and out of the battle, then call on your tan and blue Numel who appears out of his Rocket Ball with a shimmer. You direct his attention to the Beedrill, two of which are ticked off from Heracross’ attack and decide to take out their anger on their opponents, one of them firing Poison Sting at Teddiursa for some slight damage, the other using its Fury to Attack Cyndaquil with its stingers, hitting twice with its jabs, one of those hits being for some considerable damage. The last Beedrill hadn’t gotten as riled up as the other two yet, but rather fine-tunes its Energy so it can Focus more on the battle ahead.

Cyndaquil responds to his attacker by directing odd Extrasensory waves at it causing the Beedrill to cry out in pain from the headache it got. Meanwhile, Teddiursa was welling up with tears in her eyes after that barbaric attack by her assailant. Then she just cried, and as the Beedrill who attacked her looked on… it didn’t want to hurt her that badly. That Beedrill started feeling remorse for its actions and flew down to Teddiursa to try and comfort it, but when it got too close, Teddiursa suddenly stopped crying and grinned as Numel saw the opening and used some of his Rock energy to create boulders that looked of an Ancient age and flung them at Beedrill with such Power that they crashed into the Poison Bee causing significant damage. Teddiursa then turns to you and winks at you with a thumbs-up pose; that sneaky Little Bear’s Tears were Fake! As a result, Beedrill’s compassion caused a harsh lowering in its special defense. It wasn’t going to fall for that trick again for sure!

What will Chad do?

Megh – {Your update is here.}

Garden of Iris

Rainbow Pool

Coolz8

Leah’s expression darkens once again from your inquiry as she speaks softer, as if she was trying to stop the words from leaving her mouth: “I… I wish there were a peaceful option to this. But just the mere presence of anything in her territory is met with aggression.” You recall that you did not see a single Pokemon on the way over here. “She has been trying to expand her territory with each passing day and driving out all the Pokemon that used to live here. If she is not stopped, all of Rainbow Pool will be owned by her, and… force… is the only thing she will respond to.”

Once the Vespiquen and her Combee entourage come to drive away their new intruders, you quickly identify the Combee with the red mark. “Yes, that’s the one! You must try to defeat her first! Ludicolo, use Bubblebeam on Vespiquen!” she orders her Pokemon. No sooner does the foam shoot out of Ludicolo’s mouth at a high speed, however, than do the seven Combee form a defensive barrier in front of Vespiquen, the Combee with the red mark in the center of the barrier and the rest surrounding it, fitting their honeycomb shapes perfectly and looking almost invulnerable as the bubbles bounce off the honeycomb shield, distributing damage between the fortified Combee. They then separate, and you could see the Vespiquen behind them pointing towards all of you. Four of the Combee respond and beat their small wings fast to whip up Gusts of wind on Ludicolo. Despite the type advantage, Ludicolo didn’t look like he took too much damage, which revealed the difference in levels between the Combee and Ludicolo, but you could see why Leah had so much trouble in trying to deal with them before. Fortunately, Vespiquen hasn’t registered you and Trick as any sort of threat yet as she seems to be focusing her swarm on Leah and Ludicolo. Perhaps now is the time to make yourself known in your display against the Combee with the red mark…

What will Frinth do?

Dead Forest

The Burial Ground

Marion Ette – {Your update is here.}

OK, just want to remind everybody that in battles you can use up to three attacks/items, not counting held items which get used automatically, except in double/triple battles where you can use two moves per Pokemon. Also, feel free to use two or three moves per reply; it'll make your battles go that much faster, and it'll give me more material to work with. With that, moar updates! =D

The Divine Woodland

Magus Falls

Kaisap112

Kitty getting stuck up a tree was the quintessential story for cat Pokemon, but there was a twist to yours; you and Kitty were saved by a Remoraid, a fish Pokemon, from the jaws of a Croconaw. But now that the Croconaw had set its sights on your savior, you felt you had to return the favor. You threw clumps of dirt at the Pokemon with the Big set of Jaws while Kitty Growled at it, both of you trying to get its attention. Well, it worked, at least the dirt-throwing part did. A Growl from a little Skitty didn’t really work wonders against a bigger Pokemon, much less in the intimidation department. Still, Croconaw got annoyed enough by your dirt throwing that it focused back on you, allowing the scared Remoraid time to get back into the water and ensure its safety. Of course, that meant Croconaw got annoyed enough by your dirt throwing that it focused back on you! So much so, that it shot it’s Water Gun straight at you and Kitty, knocking you back onto the ground. And now Croconaw’s charging in on you really fast. You're getting the impression that these attacks aren't predatory; something’s riled it up, and now it was your job to calm it back down… or at least avoid being croc food.

What will Noriko do?
    [/size]
    Croconaw showed the desired reaction to the mud, leaving Remoraid behind it while it dashed at Noriko and Kitty. Remoraid dived to safety. The Growls of a Skitty seemed ineffective since the Croconaw was so much larger in size, but this didn’t stop Kitty from trying her hardest. In its annoyance, Croconaw shot a powerful Water Gun that knocked Noriko and Kitty right to the ground. “I’m starting to wonder if this was such a good idea…” Noriko said out loud, watching Croconaw charge at them with huge speed.

At that moment a thought occurred to Noriko. What if this Croconaw wasn’t being violent, but acting out some sort of pain? There wasn’t time to think about that though: they’d be croc food if something wasn’t done about it, fast! “Kitty, use Bullet Seed to push him back to the lake!” While Kitty opened her mouth for the attack, Noriko got up and started waving her hands. “Croconaw, if you stop attacking we can help you! We don’t want to hurt you but if you keep attacking we’ll have no choice!” She was praying in her head the Croconaw would calm down and let them help.

Noriko then pulled out a Pokéball. She really could use some Water-type assistance; translation assistance, to be specific. “Come out Minori, try to explain to Croconaw we mean no harm!” The Seel came out of his ball, splashing into the water. With his size, surely Croconaw wouldn't attempt to eat him, right?

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast