Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 510

Thread: Astoria's Recorded History

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: As you make your trip to the opposite side of the pond, to post the fourth sign, you see a young boy emerge from the same path you previously walked on. You keep half an eye on the child, who has now begun to swim in the pond, mostly because there seems to be a lack of supervision.

    Eventually on your trek, you hear the boy scream out in pain. Without thinking, Zoomer reacts and fires a Signal Beam to close proximity to the boy hoping to distract any creature that may have attacked him. You remember the words of the Forest Ranger, and you decide to think of a strategy this time. Looking at Zoomer, you snap your fingers realizing you now have a plan. You take the sign from him, pick him up, and throw him into the pond in the direction where the boy was. You order Zoomer to use Teleport to get the boy out of the water. With his orders, Zoomer disappears immediately and reappears next to the boy. Zoomer and the boy disappear quickly from the pond and reappear on shore near the edge of the path.

    Almost instantly after Zoomer and the disappeared, you see something surfacing on the pond. First you see a set of blue spikes. As more of it appears, you determine it has a round shape. Finally you see its eyes and a big set of red lips. The Qwilfish looks both angry and drowsy. The Balloon Pokémon yawns and scans the area around it. It spots your Ralts, and it becomes upset.

    Meanwhile you run over to the little boy, who is holding his foot in pain, tears falling from his eyes. You inspect him, and you see what appears to be a thorn in his foot. “I s-s-tepped on something,” he says in between sobs. “Mommy!!!” he screams, still crying.

    Qwilfish, fully awake now, expands its body preparing to attack. First it tenses itself, hardening its defenses. From the pressure of expanding its body, it fires quills in your direction, attempting to sting you and Zoomer with its poison. What will you do?


    Niles sighed as Zoomer landed with the kid a few paces away. Niles saw the Pokemon that was causing all the trouble. It looked like a small spiky Wailmer. Niles started walking over to the boy, while trying to figure out the Pokemon's name.

    "Pineco, no not that. Quilly? Spiney? Spineyfish, no that's not it, but close. Spikeyfish? Oh wait it's Spikefish!" Niles announced to himself. Zoomer put his hand to his head and shakes his head in annoyance. Niles then remembers the situation and runs over to check on the boy. He seemed to be crying, there was a thorn stuck in his foot. Niles bent down to check it out when he saw a flash out the corner of his eye. The 'Spikefish' was getting ready to battle and it suddenly shot out quills. Zoomer quickly reacted and Teleported the three of them out of the way.

    "Zoomer shoot a confuse ray at the Spikefish, then use Metronome!" Niles commanded. He was sick of fish trying to push him around and wasn't letting this one get away.


    Stats

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    All right, I'm back in this! Nerubi and Thorndrop, your adventures are now officially placed on hold until I hear from you guys. Should you post a reply to your current update, I'd be happy to update you again, but for now, your slots go to some other players. And with that, I hereby welcome Kaisap112 and Marion Ette to my group! Since I have heard from InnerFlame, I will continue to repost her update, and hopefully she will reply soon!
    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    You ask Leah for help in trying to catch a Pokemon and she responds, “Well, I can take you to some places where wild Pokemon are commonly found, but if you want to catch one, you’ll be on your own, I’m afraid!”

    You could tell she seemed somewhat confused when you mentioned how you can “drag your home here”, but she didn’t say anything about that and moved on to your last question. “Oh, um, I’m sorry, but I’m afraid I’d like to stay here. However…” she pauses for a moment as her mood darkens, “I would like to ask you a favor. I have been trying to gather some rainbow-colored flowers that are an important ingredient to a special medicine. But a Vespiquen and her hive of Combee have recently established their territory at the only place where the flowers grow, and they defend it extremely fiercely. So much so, that Ludicolo and I can’t even get close to the flowers. The other Pokemon that normally lived there have all been chased out as well. Vespiquen must be defeated and, if possible, persuaded to live somewhere else, but I need your help!”

    What will Frinth do?


    [/color]
    "I will help you out, Leah." A usual smirk which may be considered unusually wide reformed on his expression.

    Though it wasn't entirely expected, the task laid as a deviant path ahead of him formed, grass claring the soil, bricks glazing and arranging a typical pattern, one which has been created and described in novels of another universe, one of a primitive timeline. Another random memory decided to slip through his mind, one which wasn't entirely his own. one which surpassed interdimentional travel, slipping through reality's bonds and restoring itself in this dimension's counterpart.

    He looked around, spotting a motherly instructor, relaying stories about bloody casualties infracted by a tool, a cutter. He easily imagined vivid images, a red pool, fountaining from a halved thumb. A named barely formed in his mind. His head lay on another shoulder, Kell- which was followed by two soft pats on his back, shaking and hysterical outbusts calmed, and his smile became sincere.

    Though Out of the other world, and he responds further.

    "Well, could you guide me through the area too? I kind of get lost easily. Hehe... ^^" " Though he expressed some kind of hesitation, he forced it all out and decided to move on.

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Charminions: You chase the Cornn Berry stealing Mankey through a wooded area to a small cave where it presents Viola, a young woman in overalls and glasses, and her sick Donphan. She explains her situation to you and her theory that only Trunphan's favorite berry will help it to take its medicine. Being the nice guys you and Osage are, you offer to help Viola out.

    "You will? That's great!" Viola exclaims. "You're so wonderful to do this Charm!" She hurries over to her bag and pulls out a small book. "Let's see here," she mumbles thumbing furiously through its pages. "Here it is! This is the berry I am looking for, Trunphan's favorite." She shows you a picture of a big tan berry, almost pear shaped, with darker brown spots. "It's rather rare outside of the Hoenn Region, but I heard in town that there were a few trees up here with some. I'm from Fallarbor Town in the Hoenn Region. The nutrient-rich soil from the nearby volcano is perfect for growing them. My family has a small but profitable plantation selling them. I came here to research these berries to see how the climate and lack of volcanic soil affects their growth. Both my Trunphan and Pigkey are able to track their scent after being around them constantly in Fallarbor Town.” She pauses for a moment and looks at you and Osage. “You wouldn’t happen to have a Mankey or Primeape, or a Spoink or Grumpig, or even a member of the Swinub family, would you Charm? Their noses are pretty much the only noses that’ll be able to track them.”

    She sees you and Osage looking at each other and shrugging your shoulders. “Hmm, could be a problem,” she laments. “Maybe Pigkey and I could go with you,” suddenly Trunphan stirs and moans a little. “Oh my! He is burning up with a fever! I won’t be able to accompany you Charm. I can’t leave him alone feeling like this.” Viola looks at Pigkey. “Pigkey, I want you to go with Charm to find the berries. If anything should happen along the way, please listen to Charm.” She looks back at you. “My Pigkey can track the berries for you. Could you please go with her to make sure nothing happens to her?” She begins writing something down on paper. “These are the attacks she knows plus what I believe to be her unique ability.” She hands you the list of attacks Pigkey knows. “And now for the awkward part. I’m lending you one of my Pokémon, Charm, to get an errand done for me. Would you mind, terribly, leaving one of yours with me? You know where I’ll be this whole time, but I need to be able to trust that you’ll return with not only the berries but my Mankey as well. It doesn’t matter to me which, but you may want to keep your Ice-type with you since there are a lot of birds in the area. Do we have a deal?”

    What will you do?


    Special Instructions: If you decide to leave one of your Pokémon with Viola, you will not be able to use it in Astoria for the time being. Either way, Pigkey the female Mankey will accompany you outside of her Pokeball. Choose wisely; your decision will have an effect or two on what happens going forward. The following list contains the only attacks Pigkey knows: Covet, Scratch, Low Kick, Leer, Focus Energy, Fury Swipes, Smack Down, Thunderpunch, Dynamicpunch, Mega Punch. Her ability is (actually) Anger Point.
    "You will? That's great!" Viola happily cheers, "You're so wonderful to do this Charm!" She quickly hurries to her bag, unable to see Charm's obvious blush, to grab a small book. "Let's see here," she begins flipping through the book. "Here it is! This is the berry I am looking for, Trunphan's favorite," she says, showing us a picture of a tan-ish berry with dark brown spots on it. "It's rather rare outside of the Hoenn Region, but I heard in town that there were a few trees up here with some. I'm from Fallarbor Town in the Hoenn Region." Hoenn Region? That's pretty cool, I have something in common with her, Charm thinks to himself, thinking back at the rural farm lands he came from in a distant part of the Hoenn Region. "The nutrient-rich soil from the nearby volcano is perfect for growing them. My family has a small but profitable plantation selling them. I came here to research these berries to see how the climate and lack of volcanic soil affects their growth. Both my Trunphan and Pigkey are able to track their scent after being around them constantly in Fallarbor Town.” She then waits to look at us. “You wouldn’t happen to have a Mankey or Primeape, or a Spoink or Grumpig, or even a member of the Swinub family, would you Charm? Their noses are pretty much the only noses that’ll be able to track them.”

    Charm and Osage merely shrug, signalling a lack of good smellers on their team. “Hmm, could be a problem,” she says. “Maybe Pigkey and I could go with you,” but the sound of her Donphan moaning shuts down part of that idea. “Oh my! He is burning up with a fever! I won’t be able to accompany you Charm. I can’t leave him alone feeling like this.” She glances at her Mankey. “Pigkey, I want you to go with Charm to find the berries. If anything should happen along the way, please listen to Charm.” Oh boy. Charm starts thinking to himself, what am I getting myself into. But it was too late to turn back as Viola looks back at him. “My Pigkey can track the berries for you. Could you please go with her to make sure nothing happens to her?”

    "I guess so," Charm shyly responds. She then writes down something before saying, “These are the attacks she knows plus what I believe to be her unique ability.” Handing Charm the paper, he stores it in the front pocket of his black jeans for easy access. “And now for the awkward part. I’m lending you one of my Pokémon, Charm, to get an errand done for me. Would you mind, terribly, leaving one of yours with me? You know where I’ll be this whole time, but I need to be able to trust that you’ll return with not only the berries but my Mankey as well. It doesn’t matter to me which, but you may want to keep your Ice-type with you since there are a lot of birds in the area. Do we have a deal?”

    Charm thinks it over. Who should he loan? Drifty and Ace are both in the Daycare, leaving Charm with only one option. "Come on out, Apollo," Charm says, tossing the Pokeball in the air. The red beam shoots into the ground and takes the shape of a Combusken. "Here is my most trusted Pokemon. Hatched him right at home in the farmlands of the Hoenn Region." He turns to Apollo now. "Apollo, I'll need you to stay with them for a little bit while Osage, this Mankey, and I look for a berry that can help Viola's Donphan feel better. Treat them well, friend." Apollo gives a military salute with a loud "Combusken!" happy to grant his trainer's wish.

    Charm then turns to Osage and Pigkey. "Alright guys, let's go," he says, "lead the way, Pigkey."
    Last edited by Charminions; 22nd June 2012 at 1:28 AM.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Eyrie Peak


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    You were lucky Aegis was able to put out the fire so quickly, but you still had a battle to finish up. Bishop was looking exhausted, but if he could just push a little more, he’d be able to win against this Karrablast. He hopped back over to the bug and stabbed it with his beak. Karrablast looked like it was going to fall over after being Pecked like that… but no, he was still standing! That spunky little bug had Endured the attack! One more Peck! No, he Endured it again! And another Peck! Karrablast was showing extreme determination. Who would fall first? Would it be Karrablast, unable to Endure any more? Or would it be Bishop, who simply pushed it too far? Just then, Karrablast gasped. It was too much to Endure, and he collapsed from the pain, falling unconscious. Bishop gains one level! Bishop stood there for a second, still trying to take it all in, and he ends up falling on his tail feathers, extremely tired but able to relax now that he had won. He was certainly a Hoothoot to be proud of for fighting the way he did. However, it felt like you had forgotten something completely important… You couldn’t really figure it out but-

    Oh no. THE PICNIC BASKET!

    You were so focused on the battle that you had completely forgotten why you were battling the Karrablast. Or that the basket was in the middle of those bushes you burnt. You look back over to the bushes which looked almost burnt to a crisp, and right in the middle was your basket. Aegis was just too late to save it. All the food inside was completely destroyed, and you had only yourself to blame for ruining your perfect picnic. At least you had an unconscious Karrablast to show for it.

    What will Joshua do?
    With Aegis safely returned to his Pokéball is was down to Bishop to finish the ghastly little bug... And it proved to annoy him even further, by bracing himself against Bishop's last few Peck attacks. Fortunately, he could hold out no longer. Karrablast fell to the ground unconscious. Victory for the Hoothoot, who also collapsed, exhausted. Joshua scooped him up in his arms. "Yahoo! Attaboy Bishop!" He struck a heroic pose. "Let this be a warning to picnic thieves both near and far, retribution is always at hand! JUSTICE FOR THE BASKET... Which we... burned to ashes... Great." Joshua sighed. Way to go genius, you incinerated your lunch. The bushes were totally black too, as were a couple of trees. Ashes were scattered across the ground. Fortunately this would fertilise the soil, so the area would recover... But still, this whole adventure so far had been a lesson in recklessness. "Bishop... You can take a breather," he said, sending the bird back into his Pokéball, "I'm sure I can gather some fruit or something like that... Must be a couple of trees about." With that, Joshua straightened up, and headed into the the undergrowth, hunting for at least some kind of fruit tree or berry-bearing bush.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    As always please let me know if anyone has any questions. To those who are waiting to be updated, I think I can grab one more. Please continue to be patient. I know it's not easy (I've been there).


    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: After Volts gets pelted in the face with a pretty effective Mud Slap, you begin to do some calculations in your head. Volts, meanwhile, begins to get nervous because he can’t hear you speaking and his vision has been reduced. A quick squeal from the EleSquirrel, not only snaps you out of your thinking, but reminds you that he’s injured.

    You begin to give Volts his orders, first having him run to the pond to try to clean the mud out of his eyes. Not being too sure where the pond is, Volts hazily sees what he thinks is the pond and heads in that direction. The Surskit watches your Pachirisu get closer to the pond. It tenses its body up a bit and blows some bubbles at him. The bubbles pelt Volts’ head. While they don’t cause much damage, they are able to slow the EleSquirrel down slightly without a lasting effect.

    Volts is able to reach the pond, and immediately immerses his head in its cool waters. He rubs his eyes gently to try to coax the mud out. When he takes his head out of the pond, his eyes still sting a little; but his vision has definitely improved. The problem now is that his eyes are constantly being flooded with tears, which are working to rid Volts of what little mud remains.

    Volts focuses on Surskit darting on the pond onto land now. He readies a bomb in the shape of a seed and throws it at the Pond Skater as it runs by. The Seed Bomb explodes on Surskit's back sending it flying across the room, it landing near what appears to be the opening of a tunnel. Surskit gets up, and its antenna sways from front to back, as if it was beckoning you. A pink mist wafts through the air. Volts smells this sweet scent, and he just forgets about using his last ordered attack. He enters a trance-like state, and slowly approaches Surskit.

    Surskit turns and scuttles out of the cavern with Volts unknowingly following.

    What will you do?
    "Yeah, nice Seed Bomb! If that Surskit didn't have back problems, it will now." Now how about that Gunk Shot? Hey, why did you stop Volts? Hey, can you hear me!?" Myrrh turned to the Surskit to see what it was up to. He didn't quite understand what was going on at first, until it started making it's way out and saw that Volts was started to slowly follow it.

    "Oh, must be it's Sweet Scent. Gonna follow it like they do in the cartoons eh?" As Volts started to slowly leave towards Surskit's direction, Myrrh momentarily thought of trying to snap his little friend out of his trance so they could take a breather, but he was not about to let some punk-*** little bug get away after it got the jump on them (yeah, he mad). He decided to follow closely behind Volts so that they would cross paths with the Surskit again, or so he hoped.

    "All right you little bugger, just where are you trying to lead us?" Thought Myrrh as he caught up to his entranced pokemon. "Funny how even now you still lead the way...."

  6. #256
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Myahoo: Satisfied with Wildfire’s discovery of the cave in the mountainside, the both of you make your way into its mouth; you hobbling slowly over. Now that it was raining full force at least you’d be dry. Once your initial feeling of invading the lair of an unsuspecting Pokemon subsides, you both move further in with Wildfire’s flames on his back lighting the way.

    Wildfire, a few steps ahead of you, finds a large flat rock for you to rest on. You happily oblige to this and begin to rest your legs. Taking a moment to reflect on your journey, thus far, you wonder whether or not your leg is truly broken. Your reflecting is halted after a few moments when you start to hear what sounds like chirping further in the cave. The both of you look at each other bewildered. A bird? In this cave? Your first thought is wondering if it’s a baby bird who’s hurt.

    You look to your partner and make a request that he go further in the cave to see what the source of the chirping is. After all, if the Pokemon is hurt, you could help heal it. Wildfire nods and turns and walks further in the cave. You watch the light get dimmer as he goes deeper inside.

    Wildfire walks slowly and cautiously alone in the cave. Instinctively he lessened the intensity of the flames on his back, so as not to draw unwanted attention to him. Plus he could see a little better than his trainer anyway. He looked all around, inspecting the area to see if he could find the source of the chirping. The size of the tunnel never changed much. As he pressed on, the chirping got louder and slowly it became more clear.

    After a short time Wildfire sees what looks like a large cavern in the mountain. He enters it, still being careful to not be seen. Finally he spots the source of the chirping. Wildfire sees a grey and white bird with a curl on its head flying in the cavern. He sees it's looking sternly at something, and come to think of it Wildfire wonders where this bright blue light came from. Moving around the outer wall a bit he sees what the Staravia is looking at. There facing Staravia is a purple rock with three legs and light blue gems, and Wildfire determines that the gems are giving off the glow. He watches this rock as it creates rocks and fires them at the Staravia.

    "Wings, dodge those!" orders a new voice. Wildfire looks around the room to see a girl, a little taller than you, fists clenched switching her focus between the Starvia and the Boldore. He looked back at the Staravia, who was able to weave around the four rocks that were blasted its way. "Great, now use Steel Wing!" The wings of the battling bird begin to glow a silvery metallic color at this command. The Staravia straightens its wings and soars towards the Boldore. Its wing smacks into the Ore Pokemon, and it falls back in pain. The force of the fall shakes the ground around the cavern, which spooks Wildfire enough to run to the exit and through it. As Wildfire exits, the Boldore fires a rock at Staravia, which painfully smacks it down. He doesn't see this happen, but he hears the Staravia cry out.

    While you sit and wait in the dark, you have your hand near your other Pokeballs just in case a nasty crawls out of the darkness to attack you. All of a sudden you hear a rumbling in the direction Wildfire traveled moments ago. Now you hear Wildfire squeal, and you see the fire on his back announcing his arrival as your location gets brighter and brighter. Seeing nothing accompanying Wildfire you ask him what is going on. Your Cyndaquil stands on his hind legs and begins signing. He points to you and starts to squeal a little. Next he waves his arms like he's flapping wings. Finally he puts his front paws down and lifts one of his hind legs and growls, followed by him jumping and curling into a ball, and you catching him. Given this information, what will you do?
    Melissa watched as Wildfire's flames disappeared into the depths of the cave and, with the light and warmth gone, the darkness of the cave seemed to press in on her. She shivered and brushed her hand along the Pokeballs attached to her belt, reassuring herself that she still had all her Pokemon with her, as she stared down the path Wildfire took. The time seemed to stretch on and she wished she was one of those people who always wore a watch, so she could tell how much time had passed, though she was sure the actual time was much shorter than what it felt like.

    She started fidgeting after a while and glanced around, debating whether to call out one of her other Pokemon for company. The wait had really worn on her nerves because she jumped when she heard a rumbling come from deeper in the cave. After taking in a pained breath, her leg loudly protesting the startled movement, she called out, “Wildfire? Wildfire, are you okay?” The teen breathed a sigh of relief at hearing him squeal back and spotted his flames approaching.

    Once he got close enough for her to see, she quickly looked him over to make sure he hadn’t gotten hurt by anything while he was gone. Glad that he appeared unhurt, she asked him, “So, what’d you see? What was that chirping?” In response, Wildfire stood up on his hind legs and pointed at the teen. “Um, me?” He shook his head and pointed at her again, squealing a little. “Alright, then…um, a person? A…a trainer?” He nodded happily, before spreading his forelegs wide and flapping them. “Um…I’m guessing there’s some sort of bird further in then?” Her Cyndaquil nodded again. He then dropped back down to all four legs, before lifting one hind leg and growling. Melissa tilted her head in confusion. “Er, I’m gonna say there’s another Pokemon there, too. Something three-legged…?” After another nod, he leaped towards her, mindful of her injured leg, and curled up into a ball. She caught him, laughing a bit at the charades her Pokemon showed her. “Should I assume there’s a bit of a battle going on between the bird and the three-legged Pokemon then?” When he nodded again, she sighed. “Well, there’s not much I can do right now, considering I’d be hobbling everywhere. And I definitely wouldn’t want to get into a Pokemon battle, while I’m injured.” She sighed, glancing back towards where she assumed the Pokemon battle was taking place. “Especially if the cave happens to collapse. That rumbling definitely didn’t sound good and I’m pretty sure I can’t run with my leg like this either.” She cast a doubtful look at said leg.

    After a moment, Wildfire said a tentative, “Quilquil?”

    “I guess we’re just gonna wait for the storm to pass and hope those battling Pokemon don’t bring the cave down around us,” she told him with a shrug and a wry smile. Wildfire nodded with a “Qu-il” and settled himself more comfortably in her lap.

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post

    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress

    Your last strategy to take down a Skarmory didn’t exactly work the way you wanted, but it did keep the Armor Bird trapped within a Spinning vortex of Fire, giving you a window of opportunity to use your stronger moves to defeat it. First, though, Flare flashed another Confuse Ray into Skarmory’s face, causing it to be disoriented once again. So disoriented, in fact, that it accidentally flew into the vortex and took more damage, just as your Vulpix jumped up to the Skarmory, Crossed her arms, and lit them on Fire. However, due to the erratic way her target was flying, the bird somehow flew out of the way of Flare’s attack, so she unfortunately wasted the energy that time. Worse still, she landed in the area where Skarmory had used Spikes, taking damage and further aggravating her injured leg. Meanwhile, Skarmory was still trying to regain its senses and flew close enough to the vortex to take some more damage. Flare gained courage from this, and, despite her injury, she was able to leap to where Skarmory was and try Crossfire again. This time, she connected, dealing some heavy damage to Skarmory’s torso, but Skarmory reacts quickly and releases its Air Cutting disks at pointblank range, slicing into Flare for some good damage. The Fire Spin dissipates, and you could tell Skarmory was in serious pain and was now charred all over its body. Flare wasn’t looking too hot either, as she winced in pain from her injured leg. You could tell she had run out of fire energy too. If you wanted to switch to Serafina, now was a good opportunity to do it. Even though your Houndour wasn’t as experienced as Flare or Skarmory, she would have a decent chance to finish the Armor Bird off.

    What will Charlotte do?
    [/color]
    A pang of guilt struck Charlotte's heart as she watched Flare getting injured. Perhaps she'd pushed her a little too far. But one look from Flare told Charlotte that, although her energy was running out, she still had enough for one last move. "This is it, Flare! Use Hypnosis for one last time!"

    "Alright, Flare, you can have a good rest now," Charlotte said afterwards, withdrawing her now exhausted Flare. She felt a little bit guilty for pushing her that far, but that wasn't something to dwell on for now. Picking another red-and-white Pokeball from her pocket, she took it out and threw it into the air. "Your turn, Serafina!" she exclaimed as the white flash of light that emerged from the sphere materialised into a Houndour, Serafina, who gave a delighted roar.

    "Okay, Serafina," Charlotte began, and Serafina turned her attention to her master. "So, Flare did a lot of damage to the Skarmory before, so it shouldn't be a long while before we can attempt catching it. :et's start off with an Ember, use it twice. If it ever wakes up and gets near you, use Thunder Fang. We're nearly there, so let's give it our best!"


    My stats are linked in the image, in case you've forgotten.

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 5

    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    InnerFlame – {Your update is here.}

    Kaisap112 – {I'm afraid you went a little too far in your reply, so I'm going to backtrack it to make things more interesting. Perhaps you didn't get yourself and Skitty out of the water safely... >=D }

    This Remoraid thought it’d be fun to play “How Long Can Skitty Hold On to the Tree While It Was Water Gunning Her”, but Skitty had enough of being a target and was just about to let go, even though doing so would send her into a watery mess. You dove in to rescue your friend, and once Remoraid noticed you, it got spooked and swam back down. You resurface and call out to Skitty, and she lets go knowing you were there to help her get out of the water quickly. Once she climbs on top of your head, you swim back to shore. On the way there, however, a Water Gun shoots at you from behind, propelling you off to the shore just before a Croconaw surfaced in a lunge towards you. You almost got Bitten and ripped to shreds, but that blast of water saved you! You turn back to find the Remoraid resurfacing in a smile. It was the Remoraid! It must’ve seen the reptile coming for you and blasted you out. It quickly wipes its smile, however, as it now finds an angry Croconaw swimming straight for it!

    What will Noriko do?




    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress

    You have pushed a Skarmory to the brink, but in the process you pushed Flare to the brink too. However, you could still count on your Houndour, Serafina, to deal with the Armor Bird, but not before asking your Vulpix for one last attack. Flare’s Hypnosis doesn’t quite get eye contact with Skarmory, but with the Skarmory already tiring… eh, it wouldn’t hurt Skarmory to take a little nap, right? After all, that’s what she was trying to do before these dames showed up. Maybe they’ll just… leave her alone now… and go down… the tunnel… she… showed… the..m… earlier…

    With Skarmory now dozing off, you were free to switch Pokemon and finish it off, possibly even catch it. So you recall Flare and summon Serafina, and Skarmory wasn’t going to do anything about it. Still asleep, it was a sitting Psyduck against both of the Dark puppy’s Ember showers, squawking in pain both times, but still too tired to do anything other than sleep. Serafina then goes in to keep the battle from going on any further, charging her mouth with Thunderous electricity and trying to sink her Fangs into Skarmory’s throat. Her jaws don’t pierce the metallic hide, but they do send electricity through the Steel-type bird of prey, and Skarmory was just too tired of this to resist and let herself fall unconscious. Serafina gains one level! Having sent Skarmory back to sleep, you could now catch it, but… well, getting out was going to be another issue. The cave-in had blocked your main route of escaping, and it wasn’t going to be unblocked anytime soon. You do remember the tunnel that Skarmory showed you earlier though, and it looked like it was big enough for you and Serafina to crawl through, but who knows where that would lead?

    What will Charlotte do?



    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    Your picnic ruined by a Karrablast (and your own recklessness), you didn’t want the entire day to be left without enjoying it. So you leave the Karrablast where it is and head into the forested area of Posy Field to search for some fruits or Berries. Perhaps you can use them to rejuvenate Bishop, maybe even Karrablast, and have plenty left over to make it a picnic once again. Not long after passing a Galvantula sitting in its shocking web, however, you hear some unmistakable buzzing. Further up the trail flies a single Beedrill, buzzing straight at you. You also conveniently notice it holding a good handful of Berries.

    Until it accidentally runs into you and sends all the Berries flying all over the place. The Beedrill quickly comes back to its senses and gets ticked. It didn’t matter if it was your fault or not, this Poison Bee was blaming you for its blunder, though it also looked like it didn’t have the time to waste dealing with you. And dealing with a wild Pokemon in a conflicted situation can be very dangerous.

    What will Joshua do?


    Jolteonjak – {Your update is here.}


    Megh

    Seeing that your Meowth was rendered unable to do anything to stop a Spinarak from snacking on him, you call on your Sewaddle, Lyla, to assist him. Seeing Jake under such torture caused the blood inside this bug to boil; she wasn’t going to watch her friend get eaten like that!

    Of course, that means Lyla goes straight to work. She works her way around to the other side of the web where Spinarak was, Shoots her silk String onto the spider’s abdomen, and starts pulling. Not only is the Spinarak slower, but now it’s got an annoying little pest interrupting its meal. It now spits its own String Shot onto Lyla, working on making her a second course. After all, the succulent kitty wasn’t going anywhere, right? Then Spinarak starts pulling on a possible Sewaddle dinner, but instead of resisting, Lyla uses that pull to propel herself into the String Spit Pokemon’s body, Tackling it and knocking it off its web, dealing some slight damage in the process. Spinarak didn’t expect Lyla to do that at all, and it was now fixated on your Sewaddle instead of your Meowth, using Poison Sting on Lyla. The poisonous needles stab into Lyla for a little damage, but they also inject venom into her, and the poison will continue to wear down her health some more. Meanwhile, Jake struggles to escape his silky prison, but the poison is making it too difficult to muster up the energy to break free from the web. However, now that Spinarak was focused on Lyla, you had an opportunity to help your partner with his troubles.

    What will Megh do?



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    You were willing to help Leah with her Vespiquen problem, but after a strange memory pops into your head, you admit that you would get lost out here and have no idea what you were doing. Leah just smiled and said, “Not a problem! I can take you to where they live, and we can go from there!”

    **********

    After having breakfast and discussing the situation further, Leah guides you over to the field where the rainbow-colored flowers grow. Once you got close, she uses a more serious tone and tells you her plan: “Ludicolo and I will go and try to get to the flowers. Vespiquen will show up with quite a few Combee to guard her. One Combee will have a distinct marking; that’s the one you must concentrate your attacks on. Once that one’s defeated, the rest of the Combee won’t be as coordinated effectively by Vespiquen, and then Ludicolo and I will be able to deal with Vespiquen. From there, once we beat Vespiquen, the rest of the Combee will stop fighting, and hopefully we can convince Vespiquen to move to another place I have found that will be perfect for them.” You could tell that beneath Leah’s shy exterior lay a strong trainer that was about to put her experience to good use.

    Now that she was confident you understood her plan, she set out to enact it. Sure enough, once she and Ludicolo even set one foot onto the small field of flowers with the Rainbow Flowers in the middle, the bug Pokemon she was talking about showed up to defend their territory and you could finally see the Beehive Pokemon for yourself. Though only three feet in height, she was definitely a Pokemon that deserved to be the center of attention, at least for newer trainers like yourself. Her disciples, seven Combee, followed closely behind her, one of them with a distinct red mark on its bottom face, presumably the one for you to focus on. The battle would get underway very quickly…

    What will Frinth do?


    Dead Forest


    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette – {LOL, I forgot you were babysitting Severus; I just needed a moth for a Crobat to eat, so I picked Dustox! Glad you were on the ball, Marion! =D

    Also, in the Black/White movesets, Crobat gets Cross Poison and Screech automatically, and I didn't see those moves in Sangre's stats, so go ahead and add those moves in if you haven't. You may need them... >=D }

    Your plans to keep Sangre’s insectivorous habits a secret aside, you were ready to begin research on this swampy gravesite when you were warned by two mysterious hags against prying too much into this place. This wasn’t about to faze you, though; you simply bid farewell to them and complement them on their fashions.

    You then move on to gather some samples of the toxic soil around here in various places, each sample slightly bigger than the last. You are also careful not to let any of it make contact with your skin; who knows what deadly poisons could be soaking the earth here? You look at the last sample you collect; it looks particularly nasty, and it probably has the biggest cocktail of toxins out here. It fascinates you so much you fail to notice your legs slowly sinking into the swampy land. Sangre alerts you to your peril, and you try to get your feet unstuck, but your moving around only causes you to sink further in. Suddenly, you feel yourself grabbed by something, and the grabbing buckles your knees causing you to fall on your backside. Now more of your body gets caught into the mire. It seems the old ladies’ warnings were not something to be taken lightly, and if you didn’t act fast, you would be slowly dragged to your own grave.

    What will Marion do?


  9. #259
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post

    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress

    You have pushed a Skarmory to the brink, but in the process you pushed Flare to the brink too. However, you could still count on your Houndour, Serafina, to deal with the Armor Bird, but not before asking your Vulpix for one last attack. Flare’s Hypnosis doesn’t quite get eye contact with Skarmory, but with the Skarmory already tiring… eh, it wouldn’t hurt Skarmory to take a little nap, right? After all, that’s what she was trying to do before these dames showed up. Maybe they’ll just… leave her alone now… and go down… the tunnel… she… showed… the..m… earlier…

    With Skarmory now dozing off, you were free to switch Pokemon and finish it off, possibly even catch it. So you recall Flare and summon Serafina, and Skarmory wasn’t going to do anything about it. Still asleep, it was a sitting Psyduck against both of the Dark puppy’s Ember showers, squawking in pain both times, but still too tired to do anything other than sleep. Serafina then goes in to keep the battle from going on any further, charging her mouth with Thunderous electricity and trying to sink her Fangs into Skarmory’s throat. Her jaws don’t pierce the metallic hide, but they do send electricity through the Steel-type bird of prey, and Skarmory was just too tired of this to resist and let herself fall unconscious. Serafina gains one level! Having sent Skarmory back to sleep, you could now catch it, but… well, getting out was going to be another issue. The cave-in had blocked your main route of escaping, and it wasn’t going to be unblocked anytime soon. You do remember the tunnel that Skarmory showed you earlier though, and it looked like it was big enough for you and Serafina to crawl through, but who knows where that would lead?

    What will Charlotte do?
    Charlotte breathed a sigh of relief as the Skarmory finally gave into her relentless attacks and fell unconscious. "Well done, Serafina," she softly said, cuddling Serafina, who had jumped into Charlotte's arms with a satisfied bark. Only then did she realise two important things: one, she didn't have any potions to heal Flare with, and two, the way she had entered from, her main route of escape, had collapsed thanks to the battle that had just taken place, and it probably wasn't going to just magically un-block itself. Sure, there was the spare cave the Skarmory had shown her, and it looked big enough for her to clamber through, but... who knew where it would take her?

    But, of course, there were other things in her mind right now. She enlarged the empty Pokeball she'd been holding in her hand, and, checking that the Skarmory was indeed truly unconscious, walked up to it, and touched it with the Pokeball. "Sorry for the harsh fight I gave you," she whispered, feeling guilty and hypocritical at the same time, "but, you see, I really wanted you on my team." And with that, the unconscious Skarmory was sucked into the Pokeball without struggle, and Charlotte watched it shake, with her fingers crossed. It had to work... right?

    It shook once...

    Twice...

    Three times...


    ((using 4/5 Pokeballs on Skarmory. god theyre ancient))
    Last edited by Flame Mistress; 23rd June 2012 at 9:58 PM.

  10. #260
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 5a

    OK, I don't normally do this, but Flame Mistress asked very nicely and has been waiting six months for a zone capture (that's longer than I've been waiting, so I can understand her impatience), so I figure I should go ahead and let her have it. Because I'm that nice. And has all this time to update because I don't have a life at the moment.



    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress

    All this time, you were fighting a Skarmory that was just trying to get some sleep. Flare had been scorching the bird for tons of damage, but since she was low on energy, you decided to let Serafina take over. She capitalized on Skarmory’s sleeping habits and finally put her into the deeper sleep of unconsciousness. Your desire to capture such a stellar Pokemon was overwhelming, but you also could only sympathize with the bird for putting it through such an ordeal. You open your Pokeball and it becomes filled with the red light that Skarmory became to fit inside it. It shakes once… twice… three times… then the button stops flashing, the ball stops shaking, and a sound was made confirming the capture. At least your new Lv. 6 Female Skarmory would have a comfortable new home in which to finally get a good night’s sleep.

    **********

    Well, with nowhere else to go, you decide to crawl down the dark tunnel, Serafina following closely behind you. With no light for you to see, it’s simply a matter of treading very carefully. After about an hour of crawling through this tunnel, you put your hand out to keep crawling, and you tumble out into a much bigger tunnel. The cavern looks roughly hewn, and made recently. A more peculiar quality about the tunnel was the big, straight crack in the ceiling of the tunnel, almost as if… the same thing made the tunnel and the crack. Yikes. The cave goes in both directions, though whether either direction led aboveground was unknown.

    Now that you have your first zone capture, you have unlocked the Egg House! *activates noisemakers, confetti cannons, and applause track* Make sure that when you collect your first egg, you post a link to your reply to this update claiming your brand new Skarmory. (You may now proceed to be jealous, readers. I know I am. ) In the meantime, what will Charlotte do?

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress

    All this time, you were fighting a Skarmory that was just trying to get some sleep. Flare had been scorching the bird for tons of damage, but since she was low on energy, you decided to let Serafina take over. She capitalized on Skarmory’s sleeping habits and finally put her into the deeper sleep of unconsciousness. Your desire to capture such a stellar Pokemon was overwhelming, but you also could only sympathize with the bird for putting it through such an ordeal. You open your Pokeball and it becomes filled with the red light that Skarmory became to fit inside it. It shakes once… twice… three times… then the button stops flashing, the ball stops shaking, and a sound was made confirming the capture. At least your new Lv. 6 Female Skarmory would have a comfortable new home in which to finally get a good night’s sleep.

    **********

    Well, with nowhere else to go, you decide to crawl down the dark tunnel, Serafina following closely behind you. With no light for you to see, it’s simply a matter of treading very carefully. After about an hour of crawling through this tunnel, you put your hand out to keep crawling, and you tumble out into a much bigger tunnel. The cavern looks roughly hewn, and made recently. A more peculiar quality about the tunnel was the big, straight crack in the ceiling of the tunnel, almost as if… the same thing made the tunnel and the crack. Yikes. The cave goes in both directions, though whether either direction led aboveground was unknown.

    Now that you have your first zone capture, you have unlocked the Egg House! *activates noisemakers, confetti cannons, and applause track* Make sure that when you collect your first egg, you post a link to your reply to this update claiming your brand new Skarmory. (You may now proceed to be jealous, readers. I know I am. ) In the meantime, what will Charlotte do?
    [/color]
    ((*glomps DS* Thank you soooooooo much! =D))

    Charlotte jumped up and punched the air with her fists with a whoop of delight when the Pokeball finally stopped shaking and made a sound, indicating that the capture was successful. "We did it!" she exclaimed gleefully, hugging Serafina tighter than ever before. Thankfully, Charlotte did release her eventually (just in time as well - Serafina had been considering using an Ember on her), and she picked up the Pokeball. She was about to greet her new-found companion when she realised - these Pokeballs probably didn't have automatic healing systems inside them, so it would be best for her to leave the new Skarmory alone until she recovered.

    "Hey, speaking of which... Serafina, do you think Narcissa would be a good nickname for Skarmory?" Charlotte asked Serafina, who gave a questioning look in return. "Yeah, I know it's the name of a semi-villain, and that we already have a Malfoy on the team," Charlotte replied with a sigh, "but... hey, it's fitting right?" Serafina thought about this for a moment, and half-reluctantly agreed.

    "Well, that's settled, then!" Charlotte said, talking to the Pokeball in her hands. "Welcome to the team, Narcissa!" And with that, she put it back in her bag. She then looked at the tunnel, and then at Serafina, and back at the tunnel, and said, "Well, we should be able to crawl through that, right?"

    After about an hour or so, Charlotte and the quite disgruntled Serafina tumbled out of the small tunnel into an even bigger tunnel, which looked as if it had only been recently made. What was even stranger was that there was a big, straight crack running along the ceiling of the cave, and that, too, looked as if it had been made recently, if not by the same thing or creature that had shaped the larger tunnel. Charlotte felt a chill go up her spine at the realisation that there could well be a... a monster lurking here or something. Yes, it was very unlikely, but then again, this was Fizzy Bubbles - anything could happen.

    Further down the cavern, it split into two directions, neither ensuring that it led overground. "Serafina, which way d'you reckon we should go?" Charlotte asked her rather frightened Houndour, who was hiding between Charlotte's legs by now. "Houn..." she whimpered, too scared to even give a reply. Charlotte sighed. "Well, I guess I'll have to use the alternative way, then..." she muttered, closing her eyes.

    "One... two... three... go!"

    Charlotte started spinning around rapidly, causing Serafina to yelp in bewilderment and curl up into a ball. After ten seconds, Charlotte came to a stop, and with the world still spinning around her, she dazedly stumbled into the cave on the left. "Come on, Serafina!" she yelled, and Serafina straightened up, though still with a look of uncertainty on her face. "I'm fine, really! Follow me!"

    Wondering how she had found a trainer like Charlotte, Serafina followed her master, resisting the urge to sigh.

  12. #262
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    Kaisap112 – {I'm afraid you went a little too far in your reply, so I'm going to backtrack it to make things more interesting. Perhaps you didn't get yourself and Skitty out of the water safely... >=D }

    This Remoraid thought it’d be fun to play “How Long Can Skitty Hold On to the Tree While It Was Water Gunning Her”, but Skitty had enough of being a target and was just about to let go, even though doing so would send her into a watery mess. You dove in to rescue your friend, and once Remoraid noticed you, it got spooked and swam back down. You resurface and call out to Skitty, and she lets go knowing you were there to help her get out of the water quickly. Once she climbs on top of your head, you swim back to shore. On the way there, however, a Water Gun shoots at you from behind, propelling you off to the shore just before a Croconaw surfaced in a lunge towards you. You almost got Bitten and ripped to shreds, but that blast of water saved you! You turn back to find the Remoraid resurfacing in a smile. It was the Remoraid! It must’ve seen the reptile coming for you and blasted you out. It quickly wipes its smile, however, as it now finds an angry Croconaw swimming straight for it!

    What will Noriko do?
    With Skitty tightly on her head, Noriko swam back toward the dry land. Getting out of the water was her top priority. Suddenly, in mid-swim, Noriko felt a strong Water Gun hit her backside, throwing her all the way to the shore. Noriko turned to the lake, ready to start a mad rage before going after that cursed Remoraid – only to notice a Croconaw, right where they had been, finishing up a sharp-looking Bite attack that would’ve seriously torn her and Skitty to pieces! Behind Croconaw, the Remoraid popped its head out of the water with a smile. It had actually saved their lives.

    The smile was short-lived though: Croconaw was less happy about the interruption of his hunt and decided a payback was in order. He started swimming straight for Remoraid with frightful anger in his eyes.

    Somewhere in her head Noriko realized what she was doing was incredibly stupid. Not giving a Milktank’s butt about logic and sensible behavior, she started scooping moist soil off the ground, standing knee-deep in water, throwing the soil at Croconaw and screaming at it. “Hey! Try picking on someone your own size!” Skitty was beside her Trainer, Growling loudly. Noriko didn’t stop there, soil flying at the bully of a Croconaw. “Going after small fish like that? Attacking those who’ve done nothing to you? I thought Croconaw were better than that!”

  13. #263
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post


    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    You were willing to help Leah with her Vespiquen problem, but after a strange memory pops into your head, you admit that you would get lost out here and have no idea what you were doing. Leah just smiled and said, “Not a problem! I can take you to where they live, and we can go from there!”

    **********

    After having breakfast and discussing the situation further, Leah guides you over to the field where the rainbow-colored flowers grow. Once you got close, she uses a more serious tone and tells you her plan: “Ludicolo and I will go and try to get to the flowers. Vespiquen will show up with quite a few Combee to guard her. One Combee will have a distinct marking; that’s the one you must concentrate your attacks on. Once that one’s defeated, the rest of the Combee won’t be as coordinated effectively by Vespiquen, and then Ludicolo and I will be able to deal with Vespiquen. From there, once we beat Vespiquen, the rest of the Combee will stop fighting, and hopefully we can convince Vespiquen to move to another place I have found that will be perfect for them.” You could tell that beneath Leah’s shy exterior lay a strong trainer that was about to put her experience to good use.

    Now that she was confident you understood her plan, she set out to enact it. Sure enough, once she and Ludicolo even set one foot onto the small field of flowers with the Rainbow Flowers in the middle, the bug Pokemon she was talking about showed up to defend their territory and you could finally see the Beehive Pokemon for yourself. Though only three feet in height, she was definitely a Pokemon that deserved to be the center of attention, at least for newer trainers like yourself. Her disciples, seven Combee, followed closely behind her, one of them with a distinct red mark on its bottom face, presumably the one for you to focus on. The battle would get underway very quickly…

    What will Frinth do?

    [/size]
    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125

    Frinth looks at her in confusion. He was no longer enchanted by her presence, yet a fragment of admiration still existed within his will. "Um... Won't you further aggravate the Vespiquen by taking her out or by at least attempting to harm her or her hive? I would suggest we try to negotiate peacefully initially before using any other alternative yet violent method. Though I would appreciate the experience for Trick, and seeing you in action may be considered intriguingly interesting."

    He reaches for her fingers and rushes certainly towards the group of Combee. A smile appeared once again on his expression. "That one over there?" He points to the one with a strange yet noticeable mark under its mouth.

    But he then remembers his first inquiry, and manages to settle down on the ground, waiting for her reply. He then reminisces about the time a Roselia put him to sleep, only to wake up to a new friend at his side.


  14. #264
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Posy Field
    Jolteonjak

    You had a hungry little Teddiursa on your hands, and you needed to act fast to rescue her from her complaining stomach. Your Heracross seemed like a good Pokemon to gather some, so you call him out. It took a little convincing to shift his priorities from drinking delicious tree sap to gathering Berries for the Little Bear in peril, but Heracross did his job and gathered a nice amount of Berries for Teddiursa to munch on. Teddiursa happily eats half of the berries, then she pauses for a moment. She picks out two Berries from the pile, then holds the Chople Berry and Coba Berry out to you with a smile. Aw, she wants to give them to you, how sweet!

    Moments later, you hear some buzzing sounds that chill you to the core. They can only belong to one Pokemon. You turn to the direction of the sound to see four wasp-looking Pokemon with barbs on their arms, and one of these Beedrill is speedy enough to fly in and scoop up the remaining Berries before you can react! The other three Beedrill are not far behind, spraying their Poison Sting at the ground around you before flying to where the first one is. Apparently, these three want to make sure their friend escapes with the stolen goods, and Teddiursa is not about to let them get away with this without a fight.

    What will Chad do?

    After a frenzied berry collecting mission for a hungry little Teddiursa, Heracross immediately darted off to the nearest tree for some sap to feast on. The Teddiursa began to eat the berries satisfying her rumbling tummy.

    After about half of them had been consumed, she stopped. Chad was watching and thought she had had her fill of them. She picked two berries from the pile and turned to offer them to him smiling the whole time. Chad graciously took the berries from the Little Bear; he had thought it was rare for a Teddiursa to part with food willingly. “Thank you very much,” he said also smiling. “You’re so adorable.” Having never seen these berries before, he looked them up in his Pokedex. The Pokedex identified the one on the left as a Chople Berry and the one on the right as a Coba Berry. “These should make some tasty Poffins,” he said after reading a little bit about them. He placed them in his berry pouch with his other berries.

    Chad turned to look at Heracross, who was having the time of his life drinking that sap. He could just hear him buzzing happily. ‘Wait, Heracross doesn’t buzz that loudly,’ he thought to himself. He turned towards the sound, and he spotted four large bees with equally large stingers on their arms. While he still had his Pokedex handy, he decided to scan them:


    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Beedrill, the Poison Bee Pokemon. Beedrill’s best attack involves flying around at high speed, striking with poison needles, then flying off.
    Before Teddiursa can continue chowing, one of the Beedrill swooped down to collect the rest of the berries Chad had picked for Teddiursa. The other three covered their comrade by firing off some Poison Sting attacks as a warning, since they only hit the ground in front of Chad. Chad could see this did not go over well with Teddiursa, as she was preparing herself to fight the Poison Bees.

    "Care to team up on these thieving Beedrill?" Chad asked looking at the Teddiursa. Chad looked around for Heracross, who was still attached to his tree drinking. "Ugh," he sighed, "Heracross do you not hear the Beedrill around us?" Heracross turned his head only halfway around, and Chad could tell he was angry. In his rage, Heracross created a wave of Stone Edge and fired it wide at all of the Beedrill, and then he resumed his sap sipping. Chad had to dive to get out of the way. "Whoa! That's it! Off the tree now, and get here by my side!" he yelled. "You're on the sidelines." Heracross removed himself from the tree and flew over to Chad pouting.

    Chad took a red and black ball from his backpack and enlarged it. For some reason, this ball had the letter "R" on it; he was never told when he received it. He tossed it under-handed, and it clicked open. The familiar white flash revealed the Pokemon within. This particular revelation also came with orbiting sparkling lights around the young blue camel that appeared. "Ok Numel. How about a few unruly bugs for your first battle?"

    "Num?" Numel looked at Chad inquisitively.

    "Look at the Beedrill," Chad pointed at the Poison Bees. Numel turned his gaze towards them. "Ok, use Ancientpower. Cyndaquil, use Extrasensory on a Beedrill." Chad looked at Teddiursa again. "Let's work together and get your berries back!"



    - Picking up 1 Coba Berry and 1 Chople Berry. –
    Stats

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 6

    OK, just want to remind everybody that in battles you can use up to three attacks/items, not counting held items which get used automatically, except in double/triple battles where you can use two moves per Pokemon. Also, feel free to use two or three moves per reply; it'll make your battles go that much faster, and it'll give me more material to work with. With that, moar updates! =D


    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    InnerFlame – {Your update is here.}

    Kaisap112

    Kitty getting stuck up a tree was the quintessential story for cat Pokemon, but there was a twist to yours; you and Kitty were saved by a Remoraid, a fish Pokemon, from the jaws of a Croconaw. But now that the Croconaw had set its sights on your savior, you felt you had to return the favor. You threw clumps of dirt at the Pokemon with the Big set of Jaws while Kitty Growled at it, both of you trying to get its attention. Well, it worked, at least the dirt-throwing part did. A Growl from a little Skitty didn’t really work wonders against a bigger Pokemon, much less in the intimidation department. Still, Croconaw got annoyed enough by your dirt throwing that it focused back on you, allowing the scared Remoraid time to get back into the water and ensure its safety. Of course, that meant Croconaw got annoyed enough by your dirt throwing that it focused back on you! So much so, that it shot it’s Water Gun straight at you and Kitty, knocking you back onto the ground. And now Croconaw’s charging in on you really fast. You're getting the impression that these attacks aren't predatory; something’s riled it up, and now it was your job to calm it back down… or at least avoid being croc food.

    What will Noriko do?




    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress

    Your adventures here have taken you into the middle of a nice, big tunnel with a large crack in the ceiling. You realize that this entire thing had to have been made by… something. Something huge. You realization causes Serafina to hide between your legs, terrified of the behemoth that was lurking this tunnel. With no real way to discern which path is better, you spin around, and the Astorian Gods of Randomness determined that you should go left, which Serafina reluctantly followed; somebody had to look after you, after all.

    After another half an hour of going down a straight path, it curves to the left, but… well, that’s peculiar, there were boulders of increasing size lining the right of the path neatly. There were also some pretty big boulders on the left of the path. Suddenly, you heard a loud noise. It sounded like… snoring. Whoever, or whatever, was sleeping here had an interesting idea of home décor. You figure it was probably a good idea to go the other way, but… you were kind of curious. Okay, maybe one quick look… one very quick look at what was sleeping here, then you’d hightail it outta there before the monster woke up. You continue down the path, and the snoring of course gets even louder as you progress. It also felt like the path was in some sort of spiral. Oh, and one more thing; you could’ve sworn you saw and heard a few of these boulders moving.

    You finally approach what looks to be probably a dead end, and with the snoring reaching its peak volume, that monster should be just up ahead, right? You make sure to be really quiet as you approach the last turn, and then… well, wait a minute, there’s nothing there! That doesn’t make sense, I was so sure you would find it sleeping right there. I’m sorry, I can’t quite figure out what’s going o-

    Oh crud.

    Oh… CRUD.

    Um, Charlotte, do you notice a nasty smell blowing at you from your left? And maybe that very, VERY loud snoring? No? Well, turn to your left and… note what’s in front of you. Eyes. Nostrils. Huge horn. Huger mouth. Yeah, I’d call that a head made entirely out of rock. All of those boulders you’ve been passing up? Probably this Onix’s snakelike body. You cover your mouth hard as you scream to avoid waking up the 28 feet long Pokemon, and Serafina does the same as she yelps. And now the rocky “coils” tighten, closing what was a “tunnel” and pushing your and Serafina’s bodies closer towards Onix’s head, while all you could do was stand there, frozen in fear, and let it happen. However, it’s a pretty high ceiling for what was probably one room for Onix’s lair, and Onix was fortunately asleep. Perhaps you could climb on and over the mammoth body of the Rock Snake without waking it up…

    What will Charlotte do?



    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows – {Your update is here.}


    Jolteonjak

    Being witness to a theft is bad enough, but when it involves stealing food from such an adorable little Teddiursa, the crime is especially heinous! Teddiursa was ready for battle, and she welcomed all the help she could get as she nodded at your offer to help. You call out to Heracross to join the battle, but all you get from him is a dirty look and three rings of Stone Edge, each ring directed at each Beedrill. You duck to avoid the attack as it flies past you. One of the Beedrill follows suit and dodges the ring sent at it while the other two took some decent damage, though only a third as much as a fully-powered Stone Edge since the attack was split between three targets.

    You had enough of his insolence and order him to stay by your side and out of the battle, then call on your tan and blue Numel who appears out of his Rocket Ball with a shimmer. You direct his attention to the Beedrill, two of which are ticked off from Heracross’ attack and decide to take out their anger on their opponents, one of them firing Poison Sting at Teddiursa for some slight damage, the other using its Fury to Attack Cyndaquil with its stingers, hitting twice with its jabs, one of those hits being for some considerable damage. The last Beedrill hadn’t gotten as riled up as the other two yet, but rather fine-tunes its Energy so it can Focus more on the battle ahead.

    Cyndaquil responds to his attacker by directing odd Extrasensory waves at it causing the Beedrill to cry out in pain from the headache it got. Meanwhile, Teddiursa was welling up with tears in her eyes after that barbaric attack by her assailant. Then she just cried, and as the Beedrill who attacked her looked on… it didn’t want to hurt her that badly. That Beedrill started feeling remorse for its actions and flew down to Teddiursa to try and comfort it, but when it got too close, Teddiursa suddenly stopped crying and grinned as Numel saw the opening and used some of his Rock energy to create boulders that looked of an Ancient age and flung them at Beedrill with such Power that they crashed into the Poison Bee causing significant damage. Teddiursa then turns to you and winks at you with a thumbs-up pose; that sneaky Little Bear’s Tears were Fake! As a result, Beedrill’s compassion caused a harsh lowering in its special defense. It wasn’t going to fall for that trick again for sure!

    What will Chad do?


    Megh – {Your update is here.}



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    Leah’s expression darkens once again from your inquiry as she speaks softer, as if she was trying to stop the words from leaving her mouth: “I… I wish there were a peaceful option to this. But just the mere presence of anything in her territory is met with aggression.” You recall that you did not see a single Pokemon on the way over here. “She has been trying to expand her territory with each passing day and driving out all the Pokemon that used to live here. If she is not stopped, all of Rainbow Pool will be owned by her, and… force… is the only thing she will respond to.”

    Once the Vespiquen and her Combee entourage come to drive away their new intruders, you quickly identify the Combee with the red mark. “Yes, that’s the one! You must try to defeat her first! Ludicolo, use Bubblebeam on Vespiquen!” she orders her Pokemon. No sooner does the foam shoot out of Ludicolo’s mouth at a high speed, however, than do the seven Combee form a defensive barrier in front of Vespiquen, the Combee with the red mark in the center of the barrier and the rest surrounding it, fitting their honeycomb shapes perfectly and looking almost invulnerable as the bubbles bounce off the honeycomb shield, distributing damage between the fortified Combee. They then separate, and you could see the Vespiquen behind them pointing towards all of you. Four of the Combee respond and beat their small wings fast to whip up Gusts of wind on Ludicolo. Despite the type advantage, Ludicolo didn’t look like he took too much damage, which revealed the difference in levels between the Combee and Ludicolo, but you could see why Leah had so much trouble in trying to deal with them before. Fortunately, Vespiquen hasn’t registered you and Trick as any sort of threat yet as she seems to be focusing her swarm on Leah and Ludicolo. Perhaps now is the time to make yourself known in your display against the Combee with the red mark…

    What will Frinth do?


    Dead Forest


    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette – {Your update is here.}


  16. #266
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    OK, just want to remind everybody that in battles you can use up to three attacks/items, not counting held items which get used automatically, except in double/triple battles where you can use two moves per Pokemon. Also, feel free to use two or three moves per reply; it'll make your battles go that much faster, and it'll give me more material to work with. With that, moar updates! =D


    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    Kaisap112

    Kitty getting stuck up a tree was the quintessential story for cat Pokemon, but there was a twist to yours; you and Kitty were saved by a Remoraid, a fish Pokemon, from the jaws of a Croconaw. But now that the Croconaw had set its sights on your savior, you felt you had to return the favor. You threw clumps of dirt at the Pokemon with the Big set of Jaws while Kitty Growled at it, both of you trying to get its attention. Well, it worked, at least the dirt-throwing part did. A Growl from a little Skitty didn’t really work wonders against a bigger Pokemon, much less in the intimidation department. Still, Croconaw got annoyed enough by your dirt throwing that it focused back on you, allowing the scared Remoraid time to get back into the water and ensure its safety. Of course, that meant Croconaw got annoyed enough by your dirt throwing that it focused back on you! So much so, that it shot it’s Water Gun straight at you and Kitty, knocking you back onto the ground. And now Croconaw’s charging in on you really fast. You're getting the impression that these attacks aren't predatory; something’s riled it up, and now it was your job to calm it back down… or at least avoid being croc food.

    What will Noriko do?
    [/size]
    Croconaw showed the desired reaction to the mud, leaving Remoraid behind it while it dashed at Noriko and Kitty. Remoraid dived to safety. The Growls of a Skitty seemed ineffective since the Croconaw was so much larger in size, but this didn’t stop Kitty from trying her hardest. In its annoyance, Croconaw shot a powerful Water Gun that knocked Noriko and Kitty right to the ground. “I’m starting to wonder if this was such a good idea…” Noriko said out loud, watching Croconaw charge at them with huge speed.

    At that moment a thought occurred to Noriko. What if this Croconaw wasn’t being violent, but acting out some sort of pain? There wasn’t time to think about that though: they’d be croc food if something wasn’t done about it, fast! “Kitty, use Bullet Seed to push him back to the lake!” While Kitty opened her mouth for the attack, Noriko got up and started waving her hands. “Croconaw, if you stop attacking we can help you! We don’t want to hurt you but if you keep attacking we’ll have no choice!” She was praying in her head the Croconaw would calm down and let them help.

    Noriko then pulled out a Pokéball. She really could use some Water-type assistance; translation assistance, to be specific. “Come out Minori, try to explain to Croconaw we mean no harm!” The Seel came out of his ball, splashing into the water. With his size, surely Croconaw wouldn't attempt to eat him, right?

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    Leah’s expression darkens once again from your inquiry as she speaks softer, as if she was trying to stop the words from leaving her mouth: “I… I wish there were a peaceful option to this. But just the mere presence of anything in her territory is met with aggression.” You recall that you did not see a single Pokemon on the way over here. “She has been trying to expand her territory with each passing day and driving out all the Pokemon that used to live here. If she is not stopped, all of Rainbow Pool will be owned by her, and… force… is the only thing she will respond to.”

    Once the Vespiquen and her Combee entourage come to drive away their new intruders, you quickly identify the Combee with the red mark. “Yes, that’s the one! You must try to defeat her first! Ludicolo, use Bubblebeam on Vespiquen!” she orders her Pokemon. No sooner does the foam shoot out of Ludicolo’s mouth at a high speed, however, than do the seven Combee form a defensive barrier in front of Vespiquen, the Combee with the red mark in the center of the barrier and the rest surrounding it, fitting their honeycomb shapes perfectly and looking almost invulnerable as the bubbles bounce off the honeycomb shield, distributing damage between the fortified Combee. They then separate, and you could see the Vespiquen behind them pointing towards all of you. Four of the Combee respond and beat their small wings fast to whip up Gusts of wind on Ludicolo. Despite the type advantage, Ludicolo didn’t look like he took too much damage, which revealed the difference in levels between the Combee and Ludicolo, but you could see why Leah had so much trouble in trying to deal with them before. Fortunately, Vespiquen hasn’t registered you and Trick as any sort of threat yet as she seems to be focusing her swarm on Leah and Ludicolo. Perhaps now is the time to make yourself known in your display against the Combee with the red mark…

    What will Frinth do?



    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125
    Lost in thought... Frinth was momentarily elsewhere, though it all happened in four-fifths of a second, and each thought occurred in a location which was not easily contained.

    white... B-blue... Gold... Are you there?

    Frinth looked around, though the voice came from all directions, uncertain as its premeditated destination, if it has ever been.

    They appeared in a strange corridor. Frinth was simply Hovering over, simply witnessing the scene. a person dressed in dark blue was holding up a strange, glowing sphere, it blue aura laying off its own glare on the ceiling, and another strange sound came out of it. "I am not a sphere." "I am Blue." "I am not glowing." To Frinth and to the other, it did appear as what he has described. but to Frinth, it was not perfectly round. there was a flat end behind what could be seen by the other. Each phrase seemed to drive him insane, as if he wanted to scrape the walls with his fingertips, as if the sole act would soothe the sanity he had left. "You're not being clear..."He sobbed... And finally, The sphere released an odd flare, and left a roll down the hallway saying, "If you say so, I'll roll away, then..."

    The exhausted figure collapsed on the frozen metallic landing, and holes within him began to appear, his flesh disintegrating until a certain point. When a new form appeared from his ashes, his stride went further on towards a glowing point at the end of the corridor, As its odd flare seemed to show something different, as opposed to the dark end behind him.

    Frinth then ended his trip, out of the bizarre universe which had little semblance to what he had already seen.

    "I'll try catching one of them. The one I have to get is mine." He places his finger high in the air, out to the center combee, one with the red mark.

    "Trick! Absorb then Thunderpunch!"

    Leah's Ludicolo was evidently experienced, each bubble that comes out gracefully encasing the sunlight and releasing them as luminescent sparkles as they hit the Combee.



    Last edited by Coolz8; 29th June 2012 at 2:18 PM.

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    [b]
    Eyrie Peak


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    Your picnic ruined by a Karrablast (and your own recklessness), you didn’t want the entire day to be left without enjoying it. So you leave the Karrablast where it is and head into the forested area of Posy Field to search for some fruits or Berries. Perhaps you can use them to rejuvenate Bishop, maybe even Karrablast, and have plenty left over to make it a picnic once again. Not long after passing a Galvantula sitting in its shocking web, however, you hear some unmistakable buzzing. Further up the trail flies a single Beedrill, buzzing straight at you. You also conveniently notice it holding a good handful of Berries.

    Until it accidentally runs into you and sends all the Berries flying all over the place. The Beedrill quickly comes back to its senses and gets ticked. It didn’t matter if it was your fault or not, this Poison Bee was blaming you for its blunder, though it also looked like it didn’t have the time to waste dealing with you. And dealing with a wild Pokemon in a conflicted situation can be very dangerous.

    What will Joshua do?

    The berry gathering was time-consuming... And largely fruitless (pun intended) at the start. The trail was practically dry. A few bugs here and there, including a surprisingly small Galvantula in its web - Joshua wondered if there were any Joltik about, and watched the ground. Joltik, the smallest Pokémon in the world, was stupidly easy to step on. But Galvantula's electric buzzing wasn't the only buzzing around. A Beedrill, heading his way on the path, was... somehow... carrying a load of berries, for whatever reason. Perhaps because of its haste, it collided with him, and Joshua was just thankful he didn't get a sting from it. Its Berries fell all over the forest floor, and naturally, Beedrill looked annoyed.

    Why does this stuff always happen to me? Everywhere I go, SOMETHING is very angry at me! So, he did what any rational person would do in this situation. He screamed "SORRY!" at the top of his lungs like a little girl and tore off back along the trail towards the field.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    358

    Default Uhhhhhpdate Number 1!

    YAY, I FINALLY POSTED~ 8D

    Ahem. Anywhoo folks, sorry to keep you guys waiting. As you all know I’m the third and the slowest updator in Astoria and I welcome seven of you folks. If you’re not on my list, then I’m afraid I’m not taking you right now as I’m capping myself. I may take one or two more later on though If I can handle it, we’ll see. I also apologize for any grammar errors and if my wording may seem awkward at times. Enough with the chitchat, let’s get down to business!

    The Island

    Island Ports

    Dark Searchman - Having arrived at Astoria on your very first adventure, you were very eager to open your backpack that your father gave you. After looking through the items he gave you and got yourself acquainted with Sera, your Ralts, you head out to start on your first adventure. With so many places you could go in Astoria and so many things to do, you wonder where exactly you should start adventuring. Should you go look for wild Pokemon? Should you try to find some trainers to battle? Or should you just enjoy the scenery around you? The possibilities are endless as you think of what to do, so much so that you accidentally bumped into a woman.

    “Oh, sorry,” the red-haired woman clad in blue had said to you as she had continued her walk though she stopped again for a few seconds. A closer look at her tells you that the woman looks to be about on her late twenties. “Hmm, this little boy just might do...” she said to herself before turning back to you, “Excuse me, can I ask you a favor?” she says to you. Asking a stranger to do a favor may seem strange but hey, maybe accepting her request isn’t so bad.

    What will you do?

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    The Lost Tribes

    Mozan’s Temple

    King Ghidorah - (Please provide a link to your team stats next time. Thanks! :D)

    Fully aware of the danger you and your Krabby have faced should you fail the trial, you immediately order your Krabby to go to the pillar with the keys and start attempting to retrieve it. Your Krabby immediately follows and is now scuttling through the tunnel to reach the pillar. Your Krabby then gathers up his Rock energy to use Ancientpower to gather as many rocks around him as he could. He then created a pile of rocks for him to climb up to but unfortunately was still too short to reach the key. Regardless, Krabby still climbed up to the tower and then blew out bubbles in an attempt for it to hit the key and at the same time blew out an Icy Wind to freeze the bubbles, making them more solid. Unfortunately, while the wind did freeze the bubbles, they were way past from the key to prove to be useful as the wind only blew them away and the bubbles that did reach the key only just popped, with no effect whatsoever. Your Krabby did try to direct the frozen bubbles back at the key, but they just popped before they could even hit the key. What was even worse was that the makeshift tower of rocks that the Krabby was standing on proved to be very unstable and looked like it was about to fall over. Looks like you’re going to have to think of a better strategy as the Sigilyph still stares at you and the Krabby, not doing anything to help your situation, and the crimson wall moving closer to you...

    What will you do now?

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    Eyrie Peak

    Posy Field

    takkupanda - (Er, fishy said that the Scyther and the Beedrill were fighting each other, but didn’t say who was beating who. I know it doesn’t really affect much, but do be careful about self-updating next time. :))

    Seeing that a girl and her Minccino was in trouble from being stung multiple times by a Vespiquen and her Combee minions after presumably taking some honey from, you and Broly decide to help the girl get out from danger as you quickly approach them. Broly arrives at the scene first and quickly interjects between the two, before letting out a loud Roar at the queen bee and her goons. While it did scare off a few of the Combees, it proved to be quite useless as more Combees seem to have gathered around you and the girl as you soon caught up with Broly. The Vespiquen seemed angry at you for interrupting her assault against the girl and now was aiming at Broly as the Gem on her head shone and a Powerful ray of light hit the Growlithe, seemingly dealing heavy damage against him. Two Combees followed up her attack with a Bug Bite on your Growlithe as the two bees repeatedly bit your Growlithe at the areas where the Power Gem connected. Talk about adding insult to injury!

    Meanwhile, the girl calls out to you, “Are you here to help us out mister? Thank you so much!” the girl said in appreciation, “Rosa, can you still move? We have to help the Growlithe out! Let’s give him a Helping Hand!” the girl commanded her Minccino, who was apparently named Rosa, as a blue bolt of electricity came out of the Minccino and into Broly, the Growlithe powered up from help he got. He then started to gather some of his Fire energies and let out an Ember to hold off some of the Combee and even burning some of them, its power a bit stronger than usual thanks to the Helping Hand. Three combees however sneaked behind Rosa and proceeded to Bug Bite the poor Minccino all at once biting her repeatedly. Rosa then fainted from taking too much damage while fending the swarm off all by herself. “Oh no, Rosa!” the girl called out as she quickly cradled her Minccino. Your Growlithe could still fight, but do be wary that he took some heavy damage from the Power Gem earlier. These guys sure don’t play fair and they mean business. Disproportionate retribution much?

    What will you do now?

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    The Divine Woodland

    Diamond Lake

    Meetan - (Please provide a link to your team stats next time. Thanks! :D)

    Noticing that a Surskit may be in danger of being lunch for someone else, you and your Swinub help out the poor little bug as the Swinub used Odor Sleuth to lock on the Swellow. The Swinub points his nose upwards to attempt to smell the Swellow... unfortunately the bird seems to be too high up for him to smell. The Swellow continues to circle around the Surskit as it waits for the perfect opportunity to catch the Pond Skater, ignoring you and your Swinub in the process.Your Swinub then continues his attack by blowing an Icy Wind towards the Swellow which direct hits the bird and you see its motion interrupted as it felt the chilly wind from your Swinub. It then targets your Swinub as it swiftly goes down on the ground and direct striking your Swinub with an Aerial Ace before rising up in the sky. The Swinub didn’t even have a chande to recover from the attack however, as a round of Bubblebeam suddenly hits him as well as you turn around to see the attacker which turned out to be... the Surskit itself! It seems to be terrified of you as well! The Swellow seemed to have a glint on its eye as it noticed this and was thoroughly amused at the situation. You could try to talk to the Surskit that it’s on your side, but there’s no guarantee that it will listen to you...

    What will you do?

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Magus Falls

    Trainer Andy - Despite the fact that the Lillipup basically destroyed your map, you shrugged it off and decided to follow the puppy, leading you to... wherever it wants to lead you. You give chase to the Lillipup who was going at a ridiculously fast speed for a puppy as it made a lot of turns left and right, going through hollow logs, and sometimes even jumping over them. It looks like it’s leading you to somewhere, but it also looks like it’s just going around in circles. Just where is it taking you anyway?

    At some point, you lost sight of the Lillipup for a few moments while wandering around but you quickly found the little puppy who actually stopped to wait for you, as well as... an angry Simisear? This one looks like it just got up and you quickly gathered that it didn’t like to have its beauty sleep disturbed. Unfortunately for you, it mistook you as the one who woke him up and was now angry at you for doing that as it was now charging at you to hit you. The Lillipup, meanwhile, was waiting for you at the other end with a smile on its face, seeming not caring of the mess that it caused.

    What will you do?

    pengyzu - (Please provide a link to your team stats next time. Thanks! :D)

    While venturing to Magus Falls with Kara, your Ralts, you somehow got yourself hurt. Luckily for you, Kara was around to help you bandage up your wounds though you could have wished that he was a bit more gentle about it. With that little episode out of the way, you and your Ralts have decided to continue on your adventure as you proceed closer to the Magus Falls. As you arrive at the falls, you couldn’t help but feel in awe at the sight of the place. It was just as how you imagined the place to be. Feeling inspired by the sight, you and Kara decided to do some training. You look around to find someone to spar with and luckily for you, there seems to be a trainer with a Spinda near her. The red-haired trainer seems to be training her Spinda some kind of move as the Spot Panda Pokemon’s fist starts to glow multicolored, but then the glow quickly fades away before the Spinda could even punch. “Not again... don’t worry Patchy, I’m sure you’ll be able to master it eventually! ...oh?” she said as she noticed you and approached you with her Spinda in tow, “I didn’t notice you there! You’re a Trainer right? This is a bit sudden, but can you help me and my Spinda out? I’ve been trying to help him master Dizzy Punch, but for some reason, he can’t seem to do it right...” the girl said disappointedly, “What I’m trying to say is, can we battle with you? I think an actual battle’s just what he needs. I’d do it myself, but I don’t have any other Pokemon with me... I’m Cleo by the way.” the girl said to you. You were looking for someone to train, and with Cleo looking for someone else to help with her own training, it seems like this is a perfect opportunity to you.

    What will you do?

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    The Mystic Jungle

    Treecko’s Awesomeness - (You didn’t specify which area in the Mystic Jungle you went to, so I’ve picked an area for you :D)

    Eager to look for new Pokemon on your adventure to the forest, you and your Treecko head into the Mystic Jungle. Heading to where less people are, you and Treecko continued on as you gaze on the beauty of the jungle and keeping an eye on any Grass-types you may see. Your trip to the forest is interrupted however, you and your Treecko come face-to-face with a Hypno who suddenly appears in front of you immediately pulls out a Hypnosis on you. The two of you try to avoid it but you see that a Musharna suddenly appears behind using the same move on you two. You and Nav fail to avoid the double Hypnosis attack and you two dropped on the ground like dead flies and fell asleep. As you slept, you couldn’t help but feel that someone or something drag you somewhere as whoever was carrying you right now was leading you to...

    ???????????????

    You wake up from your unexpected slumber as you look at your surroundings. It’s now night time and you can’t help but feel that you’re in a different part of the jungle now, though you feel sure that you’re still in Astoria. You then notice that your Treecko is missing! You frantically search for your Treecko but unfortunately, you find no trace of your Wood Gecko Pokemon. The same person who carried you must have taken the Treecko with him, the thief! Thankfully you’re not totally defenseless as your assailant somehow missed the lone Pokeball on your waist where your Cacnea is. You look around for a way out of the jungle as you see two paths: one to your left, and one to your right. You think as to which path to take as you search for your Treecko.

    What will you do?

    (At this point, you cannot use any of your Pokemon other than your Cacnea for now. Don’t think you can get outside help either, as whatever Pokemon you may get outside of my updates will not be allowed to be used here at all until I say so. Good luck!)
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 30th June 2012 at 4:45 PM.

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,499

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #05

    Welcome aboard OkikuMew and allishinca! I'm sorry you both had to wait to begin, so I hope you have a great time. You both did this, but I just want to remind you to keep a link to your profiles in either your replies or in your signature. I'll be capping myself for now as well.

    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: Coming to the aid of an injured boy, you find that the cause for the injury is a Qwilfish. This Balloon Pokemon, angry for being awakened, attacks you with its Poison Sting. Luckily, Zoomer, being quick to react, is able to reach you and Teleport you all to safety. When you reappear you look around to see the quills embed themselves into a post that was near the path. You also see that you and the little boy are sufficiently far enough away from the reach of any of Qwilfish's attacks. With some quick thinking you lay your backpack on the ground and put the boy's injured leg on it not only to keep it out of the sand but to keep it elevated.

    The Qwilfish doesn't appear to be swimming off any time soon, so you have Zoomer retaliate. "Zoomer, shoot a confuse ray at the Spikefish," you begin your orders.

    "Ralts," Zoomer shakes his head and sighs. The pink horn on Zoomer's head glows and fires an eerie ray at the Balloon Pokemon. It bathes the Qwilfish in its sinister light, causing it to appear off somehow.

    "Mister?" you hear the little boy call to you. You turn around to him. "I think that's called 'Qwilfish,'" he continues.

    You turn your attention back to the battle just in time to see Qwilfish surrounding itself in water and lunging forward. The aquatic bullet, that is Qwilfish, veers off course and jets itself to somewhere that isn't Zoomer where it collides with the same post studded with the Poison Sting from earlier. The force of this collision shatters the post, and the Qwilfish lands in some shrubbery behind the former post. The confused Qwilfish drunkingly hobbles and rolls out of the shrubbery onto the beach.

    You take this opportunity to continue your attacking. "Use metronome!" Zoomer concentrates and waves its hands in unison. As they both wave, they begin to give off a faint grey glow. A rock appears floating in front of Zoomer. He takes the rock and throws it at Qwilfish. The rock smashes into Qwilfish knocking it back roughly a foot not causing much damage at all.

    "Wow!" the boy exclaims. "Your Ralts can use Metronome? That's so neat!" You turn to look at the boy, and it seems the battle is allowing him to forget, somewhat, about his injury.

    The Qwilfish gets back up, still tottering about. It begins to attack again, this time giving a few short hops before propelling forward hoping to tackle you, or something else.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    Charminions: With your new mission taking shape, you and Viola prepare to depart from the cave to find some rare Hoennese berries for her sick Donphan. A last moment groan of pain reminds her that she probably should tend to Trunphan. Instead she proposes a deal with you to have Pigkey travel with you temporarily, and for the time being, you leave one of your Pokémon with her.

    You mull this decision over, although with only two Pokémon with you at the present time, you know the answer right away. You let your Combusken out of his Pokeball and explain the situation to him. Happy to help you out, he stands tall and salutes you.

    “Thank you so much Charm,” Viola says half smiling. “I can see Apollo means a great deal to you, so this mustn’t be easy. Please be assured that I shall treat him with the utmost respect. Pigkey has my wishes to obey you. She is ready to go.”

    As you finish your preparations, you look to Pigkey and Osage, and the three of you depart. Pigkey sniffs the air for a moment turning her body slowly in increments as she tests the air for the berries. When she settles on the direction, she looks at you signaling to follow, “Man, mankey man,” she says as she begins walking. With Osage following her, you deduce that you should too.

    Pigkey takes you back into the wooded area you chased her through before. As she walks, she continually sniffs the air to make sure the scent doesn’t fade away. Along the way you spot various goings-on. You see a Pidgeotto and a Tranquill playing chase in a tree. Later you spot some Deerling with a Sawsbuck either drinking from a brook or grazing on some grass.

    Your attention is turned back to Pigkey, as she appears to have trouble keeping the scent. Her nose furiously pokes at the air for a scent. In her frustration she jumps into a tree, where she’s finally able to get a scent. She continues to walk, in the same direction, hopping from branch to branch with you and Osage following on the ground.

    Along the way you spot some bushes to your left. As you pass by them, you hear some rustling, quickly followed by something jumping from them and crashing into Osage. A better look at the creature shows it’s small and blue with spots, big ears, and whiskers. The Nidoran (F) gets back on her feet. She looks at you, angry for getting in her way, begins to growl at you revealing her two front teeth. The Poison Pin Pokémon lowers her head now and fires a dart at Osage hoping to sting him with her poison.

    You look up to a nearby tree for Pigkey to ask her to stop for a moment, but you notice she is missing.

    First things first; you have and angry Nidoran (F) to deal with. Perhaps Pigkey got a little ahead of you and didn’t hear the commotion. What will you do?

    --------------------------------------------------------


    Myahoo: As you sit on the rock waiting out the storm, you get a little impatient with the loneliness that came with sending Wildfire further into the cave to investigate some chirping. You briefly notice that the wind has picked up out there, but you are interrupted by a noise made from in the cave. Hoping for the best, you call out to the source to find out that Wildfire was indeed returning to you.

    After the brief reunion, you ask Wildfire what he saw. Like a game of Charades, he acts out what he saw; telling you that further in the cave there’s a trainer, a bird, and another Pokémon. With that information, you decide that the trainer is battling one of the Pokémon with one of the others. You think it best not to involve yourself.

    You turn to the entrance of the cave again to continue watching the storm. You see some leaves riding the wind, swirling about sometimes. With Wildfire sitting on your lap, everything seems quite serene. All of a sudden the wind picks up. The few leaves you see now just glide on the air current without any of the peaceful swirling from before. You hear a lot of cooing from outside of the cave, as the wind seems to have picked up some tiny grey birds and thrown them around.

    The wind carries the Pidove by the mouth of the cave, and in a panic, they fly into the cave. As they fly by you, you can see that seem young and that they are scared, confused, or maybe both; and they continue to fly deeper in the cave. You begin to hear echoes coming from the cave. Even though you know the Pidove flew further in the cave, the echoes appear to be getting louder. You recognize these echoed voices as all three of the Pidove; each of their cries bouncing off the walls and each other.

    Wildfire buries his head in his arms trying to drown out the sound, and you cover your ears as well. After what seemed like hours of the crying, the Pidove suddenly go quiet. You look around the cave, and fortunately the attacks from the Tiny Pigeon Pokémon didn’t cause any damage to the cave or Wildfire. You see the branch that you once used as a crutch propped up against the wall. Wildfire looks at you, and he seems concerned about why the noise stopped so abruptly. You look outside, and the wind is still howling fiercely.

    What will you?

    ------------------------------------------------------


    OkikuMew: You and your Poochyena take your first adventure in the appropriately named Adventure Path. It was the best place to escape the suburbs of where you came from. You take in the fresh air, chirping of birds here and there, the majesty of Eyrie Peak. While you admire the mountain, you see a flock of light brown birds fly by. Some are larger, and they have large red crowns on their heads. The Pidgey and Pidgeotto fly towards the Peak, no doubt heading to their nests. You nod at Max, coming to the conclusion that you chose the right place to have your first adventure. Naturally as a beginning trainer, you aim to catch a new Pokemon.

    As you walk along your chosen path, you enter a more wooded area. The trees block your view of the clear blue sky, but at least the shade they provide cool you off. Along the way you find various cocoon Pokemon sporadically laying about in the trees, just waiting for when the time to evolve comes. As you admire the whiteness of a Silcoon, you almost walk into a rather large Kakuna attached to an even larger tree. Max warns you just in time, as bumping into a Kakuna would be a bad idea since if Kakuna is there, a Beedrill is sure to be nearby. You turn away, and you see some Metapod and Cascoon high up on some branches.

    In the distance you find what looks like a crudely made cabin. You begin to walk towards it hoping to get some directions to where you can find a particular Pokemon. The cover of the trees begins to get more dense, which causes more of the area to be covered in shade. The shade doesn't get too dark; your visibility. All of a sudden you hear a man's voice sternly yelling, "Scyther, use cut now!" A Scyther jumps out from behind a tree with its claw raised focused and ready to strike.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Forgotten Ruins~

    allishinca: You wade through the dense foilage of the jungle in search of the fabled Forgotten Ruins. In your arms is your Sableye Pluto, asleep or at the very least, in a trance. As your trek continues, you notice the large megaliths that would normally signify some ancient ruins. Just in case, you decide to check your map. You stop walking for a moment, and put Pluto on the ground to take your map out to study. Pluto snaps out of his trance and immediately gets his bearings. After fixing the map for you and showing exactly where you both were, he began to feel an eerie aura from the immediate area.

    With the realization that you've arrived at the ruins you prepare to enter them in search of some wonderful treasures, but some noise in a nearby bush startles you enough that you rush to Pluto and squeeze him hard. Seeing that the shrubbery produces nothing you let go of the Darkness Pokemon, and he gasps a little for some air. You beckon to Pluto to start the exploration of the Ruins. You grab Pluto into your arms once more, and before he can voice his apprehension, he falls back into his trance.

    The part of the ruins you visit show signs of being a once great civilization. The wall that surrounds the place definitely looks aged, from the broken portions in the wall to the all of the vines that have snaked their way around. The ground, once lined out with a stone walkway, is now overgrown with weeds growing through the spaces between the paver stones. Following the walkway, it leads you to an opening in the wall, the entrance to the ruins. You can see that at one time an arch in the opening welcomed newcomers to the city. You explore cautiously hoping not to run into any of the aliens who allegedly guard these ruins.

    As you walk through the archway you see many buildings in varying sizes, all in different stages of decay, surrounding what seems to be a central road. The city itself seemed eerily quiet. You look around, peeking in a few of the buildings. One of them appears to be a house according to the remnants of a table made of stone in one room, and in another room, you see a big slab of stone with a basin carved out. You come to the conclusion that it must have once been a bed, and its owner slept on leaves and furs. Another of the buildings you visit is missing one of its walls. Against the opposite wall, also falling apart, you see a fireplace complete with a chimney.

    You look around once more, and there are still no signs of life. Looking around, you spot what appears to be a temple that goes into a mountain to your right, and on your left you see a small stadium also in a state of ruin. What's left of the walls surrounding the stadium is completely overgrown with vines and other vegetation, although you can see there's an entrance to it. So your adventure in the Forgotten Ruins begins, and without much going on in town, you have two choices of where to go next.

    Which will you choose?

    ----------------------------------------------------------

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: As you watch your EleSquirrel mindlessly following the sly Surskit, you decide you should keep up with the pair. As you enter the tunnel hot on Volts' trail, you wonder if this is part of a larger plan. It doesn't get much darker in the tunnel, because up ahead you could swear that you see some light. You keep following, and the light gets brighter.

    You can start to make out some scenery ahead. You see what appears to be another cave entrance on the other side of a naturally formed bridge of rock. Behind the cave entrance in the distance you can see trees, and the fact that they are not tree tops tells you that you've been descending the mountain as you had planned. The Surskit exits the first cave and scurries quickly into the second cave. You watch Volts exit the cave next, and the light must have blinded him a little because his gait becomes tottery. At one point he wanders very close to the edge of the bridge. You rush over to try to save him, but at the last minute he teeters off in the other direction. You, too, come quite close to falling off of the bridge because of this. Once you regain your footing you make a quick scan of your surroundings, which shows that to your right is the mountain curving inwards. Looking down, you see a river coming out of the mountain, going under the bridge, and through to the other side. You also see, to your left, more trees. You are definitely almost to ground level now, but jumping from the bridge would still prove painful.

    You look back at Volts, who has now entered the second cave. You continue to follow Volts, who is still entranced. The tunnel, as in the previous ones, slopes downward still. The ground isn't too wet, so you are able to catch up with Volts with little difficulty. Up ahead you see another dimly lit cavern, similar to the one you met the Surskit in. You can make out that this cavern isn't as open as the other one, seeing some rocks peeking out from the floor.

    Volts enters the cavern first, and before you can even do anything, he is met by a flurry of bubbles compressed together like a beam. The force and surprise from the Bubblebeam attack knocks Volts to his side, but the silver lining to the attack is that it also snapped Volts out of his trance. Seeing the bubbles come out of nowhere, you quickly enter the cavern. You see Volts getting back on his feet, wondering where the rocks coming out of the ground came from. You see the Surskit skating on a smaller underground lake looking quite pleased with itself for its ambush of bubbles. Seeing you in the cavern, Surskit jumps off the pond spinning its body. This summons water from the lake to surround the Pond Skater as it speeds towards Volts an aquatic jet. This Surskit looks determined this time.

    What will you do?

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: As you watch your EleSquirrel mindlessly following the sly Surskit, you decide you should keep up with the pair. As you enter the tunnel hot on Volts' trail, you wonder if this is part of a larger plan. It doesn't get much darker in the tunnel, because up ahead you could swear that you see some light. You keep following, and the light gets brighter.

    You can start to make out some scenery ahead. You see what appears to be another cave entrance on the other side of a naturally formed bridge of rock. Behind the cave entrance in the distance you can see trees, and the fact that they are not tree tops tells you that you've been descending the mountain as you had planned. The Surskit exits the first cave and scurries quickly into the second cave. You watch Volts exit the cave next, and the light must have blinded him a little because his gait becomes tottery. At one point he wanders very close to the edge of the bridge. You rush over to try to save him, but at the last minute he teeters off in the other direction. You, too, come quite close to falling off of the bridge because of this. Once you regain your footing you make a quick scan of your surroundings, which shows that to your right is the mountain curving inwards. Looking down, you see a river coming out of the mountain, going under the bridge, and through to the other side. You also see, to your left, more trees. You are definitely almost to ground level now, but jumping from the bridge would still prove painful.

    You look back at Volts, who has now entered the second cave. You continue to follow Volts, who is still entranced. The tunnel, as in the previous ones, slopes downward still. The ground isn't too wet, so you are able to catch up with Volts with little difficulty. Up ahead you see another dimly lit cavern, similar to the one you met the Surskit in. You can make out that this cavern isn't as open as the other one, seeing some rocks peeking out from the floor.

    Volts enters the cavern first, and before you can even do anything, he is met by a flurry of bubbles compressed together like a beam. The force and surprise from the Bubblebeam attack knocks Volts to his side, but the silver lining to the attack is that it also snapped Volts out of his trance. Seeing the bubbles come out of nowhere, you quickly enter the cavern. You see Volts getting back on his feet, wondering where the rocks coming out of the ground came from. You see the Surskit skating on a smaller underground lake looking quite pleased with itself for its ambush of bubbles. Seeing you in the cavern, Surskit jumps off the pond spinning its body. This summons water from the lake to surround the Pond Skater as it speeds towards Volts an aquatic jet. This Surskit looks determined this time.

    What will you do?

    "Geez, first I nearly plummet to my possible death and now this. I knew you were up to something!" Myrrh shouted at the Surskit as it seemingly taunted them by skating along the pond. But as it caught sight of Myrrh it seemed to get serious as it prepared to attack with it's Aqua Jet Myrrh didn't have much time to act.

    "Hey Volts, you all right there? We aren't in the same cave anymore, but that doesn't matter, we still need to take care of this thing. Surskit is gonna come at you fast, so I want you to try and Charm it with your naturally cute looks to lower its attack. You are probably going to take the hit, so try to knock it back with an Iron Tail before you two separate from the collision. Finally, if you can find an opening try to hit it with that Gunk Shot that you never got to use. Go for it!"

    (Those rocks I noticed, are they stones or like little stalagmites? Can't really tell from here.....No way they could be Stealth Rocks....) Wondered Myrrh as he saw the two little pokemon begin to go at it again. (Volts noticed them too when he snapped out of it. Did he just think we were still back there and were surprised by them, or did he notice something I didn't? I'm probably just looking too much into this...)

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    YAY, I FINALLY POSTED~ 8D

    Ahem. Anywhoo folks, sorry to keep you guys waiting. As you all know I’m the third and the slowest updator in Astoria and I welcome seven of you folks. If you’re not on my list, then I’m afraid I’m not taking you right now as I’m capping myself. I may take one or two more later on though If I can handle it, we’ll see. I also apologize for any grammar errors and if my wording may seem awkward at times. Enough with the chitchat, let’s get down to business!

    The Island

    Island Ports

    Dark Searchman - Having arrived at Astoria on your very first adventure, you were very eager to open your backpack that your father gave you. After looking through the items he gave you and got yourself acquainted with Sera, your Ralts, you head out to start on your first adventure. With so many places you could go in Astoria and so many things to do, you wonder where exactly you should start adventuring. Should you go look for wild Pokemon? Should you try to find some trainers to battle? Or should you just enjoy the scenery around you? The possibilities are endless as you think of what to do, so much so that you accidentally bumped into a woman.

    “Oh, sorry,” the red-haired woman clad in blue had said to you as she had continued her walk though she stopped again for a few seconds. A closer look at her tells you that the woman looks to be about on her late twenties. “Hmm, this little boy just might do...” she said to herself before turning back to you, “Excuse me, can I ask you a favor?” she says to you. Asking a stranger to do a favor may seem strange but hey, maybe accepting her request isn’t so bad.

    What will you do?
    {Yosh! Thank you so much for starting this adventure! Hopefully you can make it a good one, since I plan on adventuring here for a LONG time. }

    Hyrem had no idea where to start with his adventure. All he got from Sera was a shrug and an indifferent green color. Well that didn't help him. Maybe there would be some wild Pokemon here in town that he could battle and possibly capture. Yeah, one of those streetwise Pokemon out there, that'd be cool. Then again, why limit your battling possibilities to just wild Pokemon? Battling another trainer would be a lot of fun too, plus it'd provide valuable experience for Sera, whether she won or lost. Or they could just take a relaxing tour through the town and enjoy the sights and sounds of the port. All of these were great ideas, but what to do fir-

    "Oof! Sorry!" said Hyrem quickly as he bumped into a woman that looked like she'd be in her late twenties who said "Oh, sorry," at about the same time he did. He then noticed her stop and look at him for a second. "Hmm, this little boy just might do..." he overheard her say to herself. "Excuse me, can I ask you a favor?" she asked.

    "Oh, um, sure, what can I help you with?" he replied. He wasn't sure why a total stranger would ask for a favor from him, but this favor may prove to be the option to take in a sea of indifference.

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Magus Falls

    Trainer Andy - Despite the fact that the Lillipup basically destroyed your map, you shrugged it off and decided to follow the puppy, leading you to... wherever it wants to lead you. You give chase to the Lillipup who was going at a ridiculously fast speed for a puppy as it made a lot of turns left and right, going through hollow logs, and sometimes even jumping over them. It looks like it’s leading you to somewhere, but it also looks like it’s just going around in circles. Just where is it taking you anyway?

    At some point, you lost sight of the Lillipup for a few moments while wandering around but you quickly found the little puppy who actually stopped to wait for you, as well as... an angry Simisear? This one looks like it just got up and you quickly gathered that it didn’t like to have its beauty sleep disturbed. Unfortunately for you, it mistook you as the one who woke him up and was now angry at you for doing that as it was now charging at you to hit you. The Lillipup, meanwhile, was waiting for you at the other end with a smile on its face, seeming not caring of the mess that it caused.

    What will you do?


    As Andy followed the Lillipup, he couldn't help but wonder if he'd made then right decision. Sure, the puppy Pokemon was cute and all, but he was leading him somewhere he'd never been before, with no map to be able to find his way back. Either way, every time the Lillipup looked back and gave a cute little yap that clearly said "Follow me" Andy forgot his suspicions for a while and picked up his pace to keep up.

    It wasn't till they rounded a bend in the trees and the Lillipup was nowhere to be found did Andy's doubts resurfaced, he frantically searched the area, trying to find something to lead him in the right direction. Luckily he spotted the Lillipup not too far away, waiting between some trees. Andy breathed a sigh of relief, although the sigh quickly caught in his throat as he spotted something else. A large, flame red monkey was advancing on him, with a look of irritation and displeasure etched on it primate features.
    He cast a glance back to Lillipup, who seemed to be unaware as to the situation unfolding, and Andy couldn't help but wonder if it had some part to play in all this.

    "Look, i'm sorry if me and my little friend over there disturbed you," Andy called over to the angry monkey, who was getting closer by the second, "I promise we had no intention to trespass if this is your territory. If you'd please just let us pass, I promise we won't be of any more trouble to you."

    Andy felt his hand lower to his belt, where his Pokeballs were attached. He gripped one, ready to fight his way out if the situation called for it, although he secretly hoped this was a monkey who would listen to reason.

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Charminions: With your new mission taking shape, you and Viola prepare to depart from the cave to find some rare Hoennese berries for her sick Donphan. A last moment groan of pain reminds her that she probably should tend to Trunphan. Instead she proposes a deal with you to have Pigkey travel with you temporarily, and for the time being, you leave one of your Pokémon with her.

    You mull this decision over, although with only two Pokémon with you at the present time, you know the answer right away. You let your Combusken out of his Pokeball and explain the situation to him. Happy to help you out, he stands tall and salutes you.

    “Thank you so much Charm,” Viola says half smiling. “I can see Apollo means a great deal to you, so this mustn’t be easy. Please be assured that I shall treat him with the utmost respect. Pigkey has my wishes to obey you. She is ready to go.”

    As you finish your preparations, you look to Pigkey and Osage, and the three of you depart. Pigkey sniffs the air for a moment turning her body slowly in increments as she tests the air for the berries. When she settles on the direction, she looks at you signaling to follow, “Man, mankey man,” she says as she begins walking. With Osage following her, you deduce that you should too.

    Pigkey takes you back into the wooded area you chased her through before. As she walks, she continually sniffs the air to make sure the scent doesn’t fade away. Along the way you spot various goings-on. You see a Pidgeotto and a Tranquill playing chase in a tree. Later you spot some Deerling with a Sawsbuck either drinking from a brook or grazing on some grass.

    Your attention is turned back to Pigkey, as she appears to have trouble keeping the scent. Her nose furiously pokes at the air for a scent. In her frustration she jumps into a tree, where she’s finally able to get a scent. She continues to walk, in the same direction, hopping from branch to branch with you and Osage following on the ground.

    Along the way you spot some bushes to your left. As you pass by them, you hear some rustling, quickly followed by something jumping from them and crashing into Osage. A better look at the creature shows it’s small and blue with spots, big ears, and whiskers. The Nidoran (F) gets back on her feet. She looks at you, angry for getting in her way, begins to growl at you revealing her two front teeth. The Poison Pin Pokémon lowers her head now and fires a dart at Osage hoping to sting him with her poison.

    You look up to a nearby tree for Pigkey to ask her to stop for a moment, but you notice she is missing.

    First things first; you have and angry Nidoran (F) to deal with. Perhaps Pigkey got a little ahead of you and didn’t hear the commotion. What will you do?
    “Thank you so much Charm,” Viola smiles. “I can see Apollo means a great deal to you, so this mustn’t be easy. Please be assured that I shall treat him with the utmost respect. Pigkey has my wishes to obey you. She is ready to go.”

    "No problem," Charm replies. "Apollo, remember to be alert and protect those two." "Com-busken," Apollo nods. Charm, Osage, and Pigkey then prepare to set off and do just that with Pigkey sniffing the area to figure out where the berry is. “Man, mankey man,” she settles on a direction and signals to Charm then begins walking. Osage and Charm follow the Mankey to the forest-y area where they were previously chasing Pigkey. The pig monkey continuously sniffs the area to make sure they're on track while Charm looks around. He notices a Tranquill and Pidgeotto playing tag and some Deerling and Sawsbuck grazing some grass.

    Charm then notices Pigkey's sniffing intensifying as she tries to sniff out the berry and jumps onto a tree in frustration to sense the scent. "Woah, that happened out of no where," Charm said, suprised at the sudden jump. But Pigkey merely continued moving from branch to branch while Charm and Osage try to continue following her. They are soon stopped, however. A wild Nidoran (F) pops out of a bush and slams into Osage. The Nidoran looks angry at them for standing in the way and gives a Growl to show her anger. The little poison Pokemon isn't done yet, though. She fires a purple dot out of her horn to sting Osage. Looking up at the trees, Charm notices that Pigkey has probably gone ahead because she's no where in sight.

    "Damnit. Osage, I really need you to listen to me at this moment. We can't let Pigkey get too ahead or we would never be able to find her. Give that Nidoran (F) a Fake Out to flinch her. Then we'll run with all our might and try to catch up with Pigkey. If the Nidoran is trying to follow us, screw her up with a Screech then continue running." Osage realizes the urgency of the situation and gives a serious face. He decides to follow Charm's commands, atleast for now, and charges at the Nidoran while preparing his Fake Out attack.

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,499

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #5.5

    Had some free time today to type up both of your updates for being so quick with your replies!

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    Charminions: What an inopportune time for your focus to be split! Between the attacking Poison Pin Pokemon and Pigkey's disappearance, you have your work cut out for you. To buy yourself some time, you have Osage charge in speedily to attack, but at the last second, he fakes the Nidoran out by just clapping his claws. This effectively startles the Nidoran from her executing her next attack.

    Seeing your chance to escape you both begin to run in the same direction you were just heading hoping to find Pigkey. Nidoran, not having any of this, begins to follow. Checking back, Osage catches her chasing you, and he begins screaming incredibly loudly. The force of the yelling, not stops Nidoran in her tracks, but it startles you as you had never heard a screech so loud before. You stop running to collect your bearings. Now that you've collected your thoughts and complimented Osage on his attack, you start running again.

    Still not wanting to let go of her mark, Nidoran fires some spikes from her toxic mouth which land all around you two. Unfortunately for you both, you each step on one. The spike stabs Osage's foot, and immediately its poison spreads throughout his body, slowly draining his health. You, on the other hand, aren't hurt or poisoned since you are wearing footwear. The feeling of stepping on the spike, though, trips you up a little. With a running leap, Nidoran slams onto Osage with her entire body, and the force of the attack knocks Osage back.

    Nidoran turns around, and just as she prepares to use another attack, a rock smacks down on her from a tree. You look around frantically for your savior. Finally you see Pigkey returning holding a curious pink heart-shaped berry in her hands. Perhaps she saw the Nidoran attack you and ran off to find a Pecha Berry, just in case. What will you do?


    --------------------------------------------------------

    I don't know if your last paragraph was your way of asking me those questions or what not, but it's not Stealth Rock. It was one way of differentiating the two caverns. Also it'll allow for a difference in battle strategies.


    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: After falling into Surskit's trap, you and Volts realize that it means business. Snapped out of the effects of Sweet Scent, Volts takes in his new surroundings and resumes the battle by your orders.

    The rock formations on the cavern floor your vision and Volts' vision, but with the home field advantage, Surskit knows the layout well. These rocks do not stop the Pond Skater from attacking with its Aqua Jet. Thinking quickly you have Volts use his charm to lower its attack power. Volts stares at the lunging Surskit hopefully; blinking his big and wide black eyes tilting his head to the side looking downright adorable. Surskit sees Volts' charm, and naturally slows itself down somewhat. While it still collides with Volts, Surskit was extra careful not to damage the adorable EleSquirrel too much; the extra water, though, douses Volts. Any remaining mud in his eyes is washed away.

    Seeing this as a prime opportunity to strike, Volts stiffens his tail to become as hard as iron. As the Surskit lands its attack on Volts, Volts is able to swing its tail around slamming into Surskit's body. Surskit, acting equally quickly, bites Volts' tail, nibbling furiously as any bug would do. Riding on the Pachirisu's tail, Surskit leaps off and flies through the air. It lands on the ground and takes cover behind a rock, not too far from the pond.

    Surskit scurries away from its rock cover, and with your opening, Volts begins to form a toxic bag of gunk in his hands. When satisfied with its size, Volts shoots the bag at Surskit. Unfortunately for Volts, the window of opportunity to hit Surskit wasn't very big as Surskit takes cover behind another rock and immediately runs to the pond unseen by either of you. The Gunk Shot, however, crashes onto the surface of the water, which causes some big waves. The waves throw the Surskit across the room, and it slams on a rock.

    Surskit takes a moment to stand up, but it does. It looks around scanning the room for Volts, and it spots Volts' tail protruding from behind a rock. It jumps in the air and begins spinning its legs. This causes some star-shaped rays to swiftly fly towards Volts, dive bombing him. Surskit jumps off the rock and quickly scurries behind another rock, but which one?

    What will you do?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •