Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 510

Thread: Astoria's Recorded History

  1. #276
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    358

    Default Uhhhhhpdate Number 2!

    Whew! Had enough time to make two quick updates. Enjoy you two!

    The Island

    Island Ports

    Dark Searchman - Despite her being a total stranger to you, you decided to help out in whatever favor she wanted you to do. The woman nodded at you and smiled, “Right, can you hold on to this just for a little while? Thanks,” she said as she handed out a small package that’s at size of her hand and wrapped in blue cloth. You take it from her and was shocked to find out how heavy the package actually is as you almost dropped the thing from the ground, “That box is heavy and fragile, do be careful with it,” as the woman said this you can’t help but wonder what’s in the package that be so small and yet so heavy at the same time, “Don’t open it either,” she added as if she read your mind.

    She then looked behind you and smirked. What was she staring at? You turn around to see two police officers who seemed to be going to your direction, ”Hey you two, stop!” “Dammit, she has accomplices?!” you overhear them say. Not good. “I suggest you run, we’ll meet up later,” You turn back to the woman demanding an explanation but the woman suddenly disappeared! You were left on your own to deal with the police officers, one of them was already clutching a pokeball in his hand should you resist arrest.

    What will you do?

    ==================================================

    The Divine Woodland

    Magus Falls

    Trainer Andy - Trying to ease the angry fire monkey, you quickly apologize for the Lillipup’s behavior and tells it that you didn’t mean any harm and asked for permission to just let them pass. The Simisear stopped approaching you for a moment staring at you for a long, long while. You gulped as you feel nervous, not sure of what the Simisear will do next even though it stopped. Surely this must be a good sign right? This monkey could listen to reason right?

    Wrong. You are very, very wrong.

    The monkey let out a loud and deafening screech before charging at you once more, this time faster than before. The Simisear was also clenching its fists as fire beings to emerge from its fists, intending to use a Fire Punch against you! Meanwhile, the Lillipup sat down, as it watched you about to be beaten up badly by the monkey, letting out a cute little yip in the process with a smile on its face. You’re gonna have to think fast you risk being punched and burned!

    What will you do?

  2. #277
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post

    I don't know if your last paragraph was your way of asking me those questions or what not, but it's not Stealth Rock. It was one way of differentiating the two caverns. Also it'll allow for a difference in battle strategies.


    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: After falling into Surskit's trap, you and Volts realize that it means business. Snapped out of the effects of Sweet Scent, Volts takes in his new surroundings and resumes the battle by your orders.

    The rock formations on the cavern floor your vision and Volts' vision, but with the home field advantage, Surskit knows the layout well. These rocks do not stop the Pond Skater from attacking with its Aqua Jet. Thinking quickly you have Volts use his charm to lower its attack power. Volts stares at the lunging Surskit hopefully; blinking his big and wide black eyes tilting his head to the side looking downright adorable. Surskit sees Volts' charm, and naturally slows itself down somewhat. While it still collides with Volts, Surskit was extra careful not to damage the adorable EleSquirrel too much; the extra water, though, douses Volts. Any remaining mud in his eyes is washed away.

    Seeing this as a prime opportunity to strike, Volts stiffens his tail to become as hard as iron. As the Surskit lands its attack on Volts, Volts is able to swing its tail around slamming into Surskit's body. Surskit, acting equally quickly, bites Volts' tail, nibbling furiously as any bug would do. Riding on the Pachirisu's tail, Surskit leaps off and flies through the air. It lands on the ground and takes cover behind a rock, not too far from the pond.

    Surskit scurries away from its rock cover, and with your opening, Volts begins to form a toxic bag of gunk in his hands. When satisfied with its size, Volts shoots the bag at Surskit. Unfortunately for Volts, the window of opportunity to hit Surskit wasn't very big as Surskit takes cover behind another rock and immediately runs to the pond unseen by either of you. The Gunk Shot, however, crashes onto the surface of the water, which causes some big waves. The waves throw the Surskit across the room, and it slams on a rock.

    Surskit takes a moment to stand up, but it does. It looks around scanning the room for Volts, and it spots Volts' tail protruding from behind a rock. It jumps in the air and begins spinning its legs. This causes some star-shaped rays to swiftly fly towards Volts, dive bombing him. Surskit jumps off the rock and quickly scurries behind another rock, but which one?

    What will you do?
    There was some confusion on my part. I was wondering why you mentioned the rocks twice like that. I imagined them as being small stalagmites going no further up than my knees or something like that, so I was like "are the rocks something else/significant or....?". I didn't realize they were as large as you made them out to be in this update, or maybe they are just big enough for small-ish pokemon like Pachirisu and Surskit to use. The stuff in Parenthesis was basically Myrrh thinking, and since he is pretty much me he can be a bit of an idiot sometimes. Next time I'll ask you to clarify things for me. Oh look, I'm rambling >.>

    Myrrh was somewhat at a distance from where the action was taking place. He was able to see Volts Charm his opponent and then the blows that they exchanged afterwards. His eyes were still adjusting from glare that also hit Volts earlier, so he nearly ran into some rocks as he was trying to get closer to the action. He felt like an idiot. "Oh, these aren't so tiny......Hey Volts! You can...

    Volts already had the right idea, as did the Surskit. They were using the rocks as cover. After both pokemon sent attacks at the other Myrrh saw that they were in a bind again. He didn't get a chance to see which rock the Surskit hid behind after launching it's Swift attack at Volts.

    "Ugh, now the little bugger's hiding. If only you knew an electric type attack, things might have been different....Anyway, Volts, try to break some of those rocks from a distance with your Gunk Shot so that you can avoid a surprise attack from it easier. If that doesn't work then you'll have to try and get in close with your Iron Tail to get the job done. Try to break as many of those stones as you can, and of course try to get a hit in on it as well. You must be getting tired, but so is he. Got all that? Now go!

  3. #278
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Whew! Had enough time to make two quick updates. Enjoy you two!

    The Island

    Island Ports

    Dark Searchman - Despite her being a total stranger to you, you decided to help out in whatever favor she wanted you to do. The woman nodded at you and smiled, “Right, can you hold on to this just for a little while? Thanks,” she said as she handed out a small package that’s at size of her hand and wrapped in blue cloth. You take it from her and was shocked to find out how heavy the package actually is as you almost dropped the thing from the ground, “That box is heavy and fragile, do be careful with it,” as the woman said this you can’t help but wonder what’s in the package that be so small and yet so heavy at the same time, “Don’t open it either,” she added as if she read your mind.

    She then looked behind you and smirked. What was she staring at? You turn around to see two police officers who seemed to be going to your direction, ”Hey you two, stop!” “Dammit, she has accomplices?!” you overhear them say. Not good. “I suggest you run, we’ll meet up later,” You turn back to the woman demanding an explanation but the woman suddenly disappeared! You were left on your own to deal with the police officers, one of them was already clutching a pokeball in his hand should you resist arrest.

    What will you do?
    {Darrrrrnit, I hate RPs where I get in trouble with the police! >_<}

    Hyrem figured this "favor" he was asked of by a red-haired woman in blue would be harmless enough to help her out with, but as she said, “Right, can you hold on to this just for a little while? Thanks,” alarm bells started ringing in Sera's mind as her trainer was handed a small package wrapped in blue cloth and was astonished at the weight to the package.

    "Whoa!" he said as he almost dropped it, to which the woman responded, “That box is heavy and fragile, do be careful with it.”

    What could be in this little, tiny box that'd make it so heavy? he thought to himself as he also took in the bright red color that Sera was sending to him as a warning. "Don't open it either," she added, as though she could sense his curiosity. Now he knew something was up.

    Suddenly, she looked over him and smiled. "Wait, wha-?" he asked as he turned around. Two police officers were running straight for them yelling, "Hey you two, stop!" He also overheard, "Dammit, she has accomplices?!"

    "Wait, accompli-!?" Hyrem said in surprise.

    "I suggest you run, we'll meet up later," he heard the woman say.

    "Hey, wait, what's going on!?" he yelled as he turned around to face the woman, but she was already gone! Now he was all alone with two police officers heading towards him, one of them ready with a Pokeball, preparing for him to run somewhere. But he was taught better by his parents, and he wasn't about to do what the suspicious lady told him because that'd be what she wanted. Instead, he just stood there facing the police with his hands up, one of them still holding the mysterious package, and said, "Whoa, wait, I'm not with her, officers! Honest! I just got here, bumped into her, and got handed this package by her! If this is what you're looking for, you can have it!" He doubted the police would believe him, but it was the truth nonetheless, and he was going to stick to his story. Meanwhile, Sera was standing on his shoulder, feeding his mind a darker red color which he figured to be her "I told you so!" color. It didn't look good at all for our pair, and they were just starting on their adventure too!

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    OkikuMew: You and your Poochyena take your first adventure in the appropriately named Adventure Path. It was the best place to escape the suburbs of where you came from. You take in the fresh air, chirping of birds here and there, the majesty of Eyrie Peak. While you admire the mountain, you see a flock of light brown birds fly by. Some are larger, and they have large red crowns on their heads. The Pidgey and Pidgeotto fly towards the Peak, no doubt heading to their nests. You nod at Max, coming to the conclusion that you chose the right place to have your first adventure. Naturally as a beginning trainer, you aim to catch a new Pokemon.

    As you walk along your chosen path, you enter a more wooded area. The trees block your view of the clear blue sky, but at least the shade they provide cool you off. Along the way you find various cocoon Pokemon sporadically laying about in the trees, just waiting for when the time to evolve comes. As you admire the whiteness of a Silcoon, you almost walk into a rather large Kakuna attached to an even larger tree. Max warns you just in time, as bumping into a Kakuna would be a bad idea since if Kakuna is there, a Beedrill is sure to be nearby. You turn away, and you see some Metapod and Cascoon high up on some branches.

    In the distance you find what looks like a crudely made cabin. You begin to walk towards it hoping to get some directions to where you can find a particular Pokemon. The cover of the trees begins to get more dense, which causes more of the area to be covered in shade. The shade doesn't get too dark; your visibility. All of a sudden you hear a man's voice sternly yelling, "Scyther, use cut now!" A Scyther jumps out from behind a tree with its claw raised focused and ready to strike.

    What will you do?
    I don't know what's supposed to be the Scyther's target (Max, a tree, myself?), but let's say Okiku doesn't know either XP

    As I walk on the Adventure Path, I see some Pidgey and Pidgeotto going back to their nests. I overheard before there was lots of flying-type Pokémon here, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

    "Yup", I nod to Max, "we're definitely in the right place!"

    As we continue walking, we end up being in a small forest. The good amount of trees hide us from the blaring sun, and serves as a resting place of a bunch of bug-type cocoon Pokémon. Although I'm not much of a fan of bug Pokémon, I really like the silky smooth white shell the Silcoon makes before turning into the appropriately-named Beautifly. As I'm still walking while staring at the Silcoon, Max abrutly bark very loudly, abrutly bursting my bubble I was in. I turn my head around to ask him what was going on, but my vision meets up-close-and personal with a Kakuna. Startled, I yelp a bit and jump back.

    "...You were warning about this guy, didn't you?" I ask my dog, which proudly barked as a response. "Thanks buddy! We really don't want to mess with Beedrills at this point..."

    As we go deeper in the forest, I spot a wooden cabin between the tree. Hmmm, could someone be living there or something? Whoever stays there must know most of the kinds of Pokémon living here, and where they hang around... Maybe with his help, I could find a psychic-type Pokémon to catch, (as I have a thing with that type, they're so mysterious and facinating!) ...Perhaps a Natu, being also a flying type? I wouldn't mind catching something else though.

    Anyways, as I approach the cabin, the forest gets more dense by the second. Suddenly, I hear a man screaming from behind:

    "Scyther, use Cut now!"

    The named Pokémon suddenly appeared, ready to follow his trainer's orders. But to whom or what the attack directed to?

    "Max watch out! Dodge away!" I shout, just in case the bug's blades were directed towards him.


    Last edited by OkikuMew; 1st July 2012 at 4:02 PM.

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Magus Falls

    Trainer Andy - Trying to ease the angry fire monkey, you quickly apologize for the Lillipup’s behavior and tells it that you didn’t mean any harm and asked for permission to just let them pass. The Simisear stopped approaching you for a moment staring at you for a long, long while. You gulped as you feel nervous, not sure of what the Simisear will do next even though it stopped. Surely this must be a good sign right? This monkey could listen to reason right?

    Wrong. You are very, very wrong.

    The monkey let out a loud and deafening screech before charging at you once more, this time faster than before. The Simisear was also clenching its fists as fire beings to emerge from its fists, intending to use a Fire Punch against you! Meanwhile, the Lillipup sat down, as it watched you about to be beaten up badly by the monkey, letting out a cute little yip in the process with a smile on its face. You’re gonna have to think fast you risk being punched and burned!

    What will you do?


    As Andy recited his plea to the Simisear, he noticed that hte monkey had stopped advancing and seemed to be listening to him.
    With a deep sigh, Andy's body relaxed, his hand moving away from his Pokeballs and a hopeful smile spreading across his face.

    "If you don't mind then, i'll just be on my wa-"

    Andy's sentence was cut short as the firey primate let out an ear shattering screech. Panic filled Andy as his opponent charged towards him, fists clenched and enveloped with flame.

    Ohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrap Was all that came into Andy's mind as he fell back, fumbling at his belt for a Pokeball, grabbing wildly at them and tossing one forward without even checking whom it belonged to. The ball flew through the air and landed on the ground a few feet in front of him, popping open with a flash of light.
    Andy's attention was fully focused on the charging Simisear, he barely noticed the form of Bertha the Pinsir until she had pulled herself up to her full height and let out her battle cry.

    This could go either way now. Bertha was at a type disadvantage, but she had a clear advantage in size and the natural strength of her species on her side. Besides, there would be no time now to recall his Pokemon and send out another before the Simisear reached him. All Andy could do was hope for the best. With this in mind, Andy tried his best to shake off some of the panic and formulate a plan.

    "Ok girl, this is going to be risky but Focus your Energy and wait for it to get closer," Even as the words left his lips, he felt more and more anxious, "then when it's close enough, grab its hand in a Vicegrip with your pincers so it can't use it's attack."

    Andy cast a look past the approaching Simisear to Lillipup, who still seemed to be oblivious to the danger, head cocked to the side and yipping cutely as if he just couldn't figure out why the human had stopped following him.

    If I make it out of here in one piece Andy thought, as if trying to send a telepathic message to the Pokemon, You'd better to leading me somewhere good...
    Last edited by Trainer Andy; 1st July 2012 at 10:47 PM.

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  6. #281
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    allishinca: You wade through the dense foilage of the jungle in search of the fabled Forgotten Ruins. In your arms is your Sableye Pluto, asleep or at the very least, in a trance. As your trek continues, you notice the large megaliths that would normally signify some ancient ruins. Just in case, you decide to check your map. You stop walking for a moment, and put Pluto on the ground to take your map out to study. Pluto snaps out of his trance and immediately gets his bearings. After fixing the map for you and showing exactly where you both were, he began to feel an eerie aura from the immediate area.

    With the realization that you've arrived at the ruins you prepare to enter them in search of some wonderful treasures, but some noise in a nearby bush startles you enough that you rush to Pluto and squeeze him hard. Seeing that the shrubbery produces nothing you let go of the Darkness Pokemon, and he gasps a little for some air. You beckon to Pluto to start the exploration of the Ruins. You grab Pluto into your arms once more, and before he can voice his apprehension, he falls back into his trance.

    The part of the ruins you visit show signs of being a once great civilization. The wall that surrounds the place definitely looks aged, from the broken portions in the wall to the all of the vines that have snaked their way around. The ground, once lined out with a stone walkway, is now overgrown with weeds growing through the spaces between the paver stones. Following the walkway, it leads you to an opening in the wall, the entrance to the ruins. You can see that at one time an arch in the opening welcomed newcomers to the city. You explore cautiously hoping not to run into any of the aliens who allegedly guard these ruins.

    As you walk through the archway you see many buildings in varying sizes, all in different stages of decay, surrounding what seems to be a central road. The city itself seemed eerily quiet. You look around, peeking in a few of the buildings. One of them appears to be a house according to the remnants of a table made of stone in one room, and in another room, you see a big slab of stone with a basin carved out. You come to the conclusion that it must have once been a bed, and its owner slept on leaves and furs. Another of the buildings you visit is missing one of its walls. Against the opposite wall, also falling apart, you see a fireplace complete with a chimney.

    You look around once more, and there are still no signs of life. Looking around, you spot what appears to be a temple that goes into a mountain to your right, and on your left you see a small stadium also in a state of ruin. What's left of the walls surrounding the stadium is completely overgrown with vines and other vegetation, although you can see there's an entrance to it. So your adventure in the Forgotten Ruins begins, and without much going on in town, you have two choices of where to go next.

    Which will you choose?
    Alli walked down a path made up of old pavement stones and weeds. It lead through an opening in a large stone wall that at one time was an arched doorway. Alli peeked in nervously, and proceeded into the ancient city. The buildings were in various stats of decay, and Alli could see that some use to be homes and sheds by the equipment left inside. She wondered nervously what happened to the previous inhabitants as she trekked onwards.

    Alli stopped at the fork in the road with Pluto still tucked tightly in her arms. On her left, she saw a large temple that merged with a nearby mountain. On her right was the impressive walls of an overgrown Colosseum. Alli gazed at the stadium in wonder, and imagined an impressive battle between warriors and Pokemon taking place within the inner walls. Her daydream continued, and as the Pokemon cried out in agony, a giant Phoenix with large rainbow colored wings few down from the sky in order to liberate them. Alli was so lost in her imagination that she didn't notice when Pluto slipped from her arms and fell face first onto the ground.

    Pluto got up and shook himself off. He then gazed around and shuttered at the ominous aura. This place emanated the eery feeling that you were being watched, along with suffocation, as though the air among these ruins was poisonous. But the two of them had traversed here for treasure, and that was at least a worthy quest that Pluto could get behind. Treasure after all, potentially meant shiny jewels, which he could snack on. Looking around, Pluto tried to detect where any said treasure might be and his attention was instantly focused on the mountain temple. He was usually pretty lucky at detecting jewels. Pluto turned towards Alli in hopes of informing her of his epiphany, and found her in the exact same position she had been in when Pluto had been dropped to the ground: Looking up at the sky, drooling, with her arms wrapped around her chest as though Pluto were still in them. She was undoubtedly still lost in her adventure, watching as the Phoenix burned the helpless warriors to ash.

    Pluto sighed.
    He worried about that kid sometimes.

    Pluto went over and grabbed Alli by the hand, and jerked her out of her imagination. Once he had her attention, he pointed towards the temple. "Oh, you think the treasure is in there?" Pluto nodded, and attempted to waltz towards the temple only to be unable to progress as he was still holding hands with Alli. "Well you're usually right about these things, but I was thinking about this stadium..." Pluto furiously pulled at Alli's hand, who didn't notice. "And I realized that if warriors fought and died in there, it is probably haunted. Normally I would avoid ghost, as they're pretty scary, but as it is still daylight out we could take a quick look around and see if there are any old warriors spirits left behind." Pluto hopped up and down in an attempt to caught Alli's attention, but either he was simply too small, or Alli was too lost within her own conversation to notice him. "We'll just take a quick look around, then we'll head for the temple." Pluto growled in disagreement, but was ignored as he was quickly dragged away into the darkness of the Colosseum entrance by Alli.


    Profile
    Last edited by allishinca; 11th July 2012 at 7:48 PM.

  7. #282
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    Myahoo: As you sit on the rock waiting out the storm, you get a little impatient with the loneliness that came with sending Wildfire further into the cave to investigate some chirping. You briefly notice that the wind has picked up out there, but you are interrupted by a noise made from in the cave. Hoping for the best, you call out to the source to find out that Wildfire was indeed returning to you.

    After the brief reunion, you ask Wildfire what he saw. Like a game of Charades, he acts out what he saw; telling you that further in the cave there’s a trainer, a bird, and another Pokémon. With that information, you decide that the trainer is battling one of the Pokémon with one of the others. You think it best not to involve yourself.

    You turn to the entrance of the cave again to continue watching the storm. You see some leaves riding the wind, swirling about sometimes. With Wildfire sitting on your lap, everything seems quite serene. All of a sudden the wind picks up. The few leaves you see now just glide on the air current without any of the peaceful swirling from before. You hear a lot of cooing from outside of the cave, as the wind seems to have picked up some tiny grey birds and thrown them around.

    The wind carries the Pidove by the mouth of the cave, and in a panic, they fly into the cave. As they fly by you, you can see that seem young and that they are scared, confused, or maybe both; and they continue to fly deeper in the cave. You begin to hear echoes coming from the cave. Even though you know the Pidove flew further in the cave, the echoes appear to be getting louder. You recognize these echoed voices as all three of the Pidove; each of their cries bouncing off the walls and each other.

    Wildfire buries his head in his arms trying to drown out the sound, and you cover your ears as well. After what seemed like hours of the crying, the Pidove suddenly go quiet. You look around the cave, and fortunately the attacks from the Tiny Pigeon Pokémon didn’t cause any damage to the cave or Wildfire. You see the branch that you once used as a crutch propped up against the wall. Wildfire looks at you, and he seems concerned about why the noise stopped so abruptly. You look outside, and the wind is still howling fiercely.

    What will you?
    The duo silently watched the rain fall outside their shelter, comfortable in each other’s presence. Wildfire had curled up in Melissa’s lap, as she idly stroked his head, mindful of the flames providing them light.

    It took a moment for the teen to realize something was different. Pausing in her petting, she listened to the sound of the wind. “Is it just me or has the wind picked up?” she asked aloud. Wildfire raised his head to listen too, before nodding twice. “Oh, alright. Just wondering.” She turned back to watching the storm outside, tracking the leaves as they twirled by. She blinked when some gray birds were blown by, just barely catching the birds’ cooing.

    “Did you just see--?” She broke off to duck as the Pidove burst into the cave in a flurry of feathers. Peeking up at them, she noticed they were young and scared. Or confused. Or both. They flew over their heads and further into the cave, leaving the pair to look after them somewhat worriedly. The teen exchanged looks with her Cyndaquil. “D’you think we should have warned them?” He shrugged helplessly, indicating they had already passed by. She nodded. “Yeah, I know, but we could have as they flew by.” He shrugged noncommittally this time, preparing to settle back down.

    They both paused when they heard noises coming from further in the cave. Turning to look, they spotted nothing, but they recognized the sounds as those of the Pidove. As the sounds got louder, Melissa suddenly realized that it was an Echoed Voice and then had to cover her ears to prevent them from hurting any more. In her lap, Wildfire had already covered his ears and was currently trying to bury his head into her stomach.

    After some time, the cave suddenly went silent and, a moment later, the pair registered the silence. Cautiously, they both uncovered their ears, ready to cover them back up if there was any indication that the attack would continue. When it became clear that the attack was completely finished, Melissa checked Wildfire over to make sure he was fine, before checking to make sure the cave had remained structurally sound. Once she’d determined that both were fine, she glanced back into the cave. Wildfire nudged her and glanced in the same direction, looking back to be sure she saw that he was concerned.

    “D’you wanna go check on them?” she asked. He nodded.

    The teen glanced back outside and, seeing the storm was still going strong, reached for her crutch. “Alright, alright. Might as well go investigate, while the storm blows itself out,” she sighed, maneuvering herself to her feet and making sure to watch her injured leg. She looked down at her Cyndaquil who was waiting patiently for her. “But you’re gonna have to help me see where to put my feet. Otherwise, those Pidove won’t be the only one in need of help,” she told him. He nodded again and flared his fire brighter, illuminating more of the cave to make sure she wouldn’t trip. Keeping her attention mostly on her feet, Melissa slowly made her way further into the cave, Wildfire contently keeping pace as the pair continued on.

  8. #283
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    6,242

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~Island Ports~

    Mon1010: As you and the Johnson brothers parted ways, you hear a woman screaming about being robbed. Another Teddiursa ran through the streets, this one holding a tub of MooMoo Milk Ice Cream. You decided that this was your moment to shine.

    You looked at Shaana with a grin, and she grinned back as if in sync with you. You were able to spot the culprit, heading in the same direction as the last Teddiursa, so you ordered Shaana to yawn a pink bubble of sleep-inducing gas on the Teddiursa. The plan was successful, for in its haste, the Little Bear ran right into the pink bubble, which burst in its face. The Teddiursa began yawning, and its running slowed. Eventually the cub couldn’t take it anymore, and it fell over on the ground asleep.

    Shaana floated over to the sleeping bear, and begins to eat its dream as only a Dream Eater would do. She sees black-and-white images of a pair of Teddiursa playing in the forest. Overhead, a small dark figure glides by. Next, a large, dark figure approaches them, and begins firing Flame Bursts at the sibling cubs. They dodge the attacks, which angers this mysterious creature. It begins spitting more attacks at the Teddiursa, when suddenly a very irate Ursaring runs out from some nearby bushes, right by the Teddiursa, and into the path of the attacks. The force of the flames exploding on Ursaring knock it back past the Teddiursa. The figure stands over the pained Ursaring and summons four darker orbs of fire and unleashes all of them on Ursaring, hitting conveniently inside the ring on its torso. Next Shaana sees darkness.

    The next thing Shaana sees is one Teddiursa looking at a bush adorned with many little berries. It collects as many of the Oran Berries that it can hold and runs away. Next Shaana sees the Teddiursa with the berries trying to give some of them to the Ursaring who was burnt earlier. The wound where the flames hit Ursaring still smoldered and singed and every so often would engulf the Ursaring in flames. Once more, Shaana sees darkness. Shaana shook herself back into reality after the visions she saw.

    In the meantime, you were able to pry the ice cream out of the sleeping Teddiursa's hands. The woman who was first chasing the Teddiursa finally caught up in time to take the ice cream from you. "Thank you so much for getting this back!" she exclaimed happily. "Please stop by my store some time, and I will give you a free cone." The woman walked away with her tub of ice cream cradled in her arms.

    "That was a nice job with that Teddiursa," Frank said all of a sudden. "If you plan on going into the woods at all, I will let you borrow this." He handed you a remote-control-sized gadget. "This is a Pokemon Ranger Beacon. If anything should happen to you, all you do is press this blue button, and a Pokemon Ranger nearby will respond. Like we said earlier, I will be at the shop while Eric is away. He has his PRB with him. If you can find our jar of balm we'd really appreciate it!" Frank turned around again and walked off.

    Just then the Teddiursa woke up. It looked around panicked because the ice cream it stole was missing. It stood up and ran straight to a shop selling Combee Honey. It grabbed a jar and ran quickly ran off before the owner could notice. Shaana floated over to you and attempted to share with you everything it saw in Teddiursa's dream. The Teddiursa was able to make it out of town in the same direction it was originally heading with the jar of honey. What will you do?
    The plan worked! The bear ran in Shaana's pink Yawn bubble. It slowly became drowsy, and fell asleep. As the bear slept, Scott walked over to it, and snatched the ice cream from it's paws. Shaana ate it's dreams, like she usually does when someone is sleeping nearby. The Ice Cream's proper owner, who had been chasing the theiving bear, arrived just in time to get back. She thanked him, and offered him a free cone at her store. "Oh, thank you. It was nothing." Scott made a mental note to find that Ice Cream shop and claim that free cone in the future. Then those two brothers Scott had met earlier appeared. Apparently, they had seen Scott get the Ice Cream back, and gave him a device that would allow him to contact a Pokemon Ranger if he were to get into trouble. Even though he had Pokemon on him, and was perfectly capable of getting himself out of trouble, he appreciated the gesture, and put the device in his bag.

    "Munna Mun!" Shaana shouted as she floated over to him. Her tone of voice sounded scared.

    "What's up Shaana?"

    "Mun!" A plume of pink dream mist seeped from the hole ih her forehead, and formed a pink cloud. Said cloud showed the contents of the dream she had eaten.

    When it was over, and the mist went away, Scott's eyes widened. "That was the Teddiursa's dream?!" he pointed to the bear Pokemon who was now no longer there.

    Shaana nodded "Mun." she said it rather sarcastically, as though that should've been obvious to the trainer.

    Then Scott saw the Teddiursa leaving another store with a jar in it's paws. "Hm...I think we should follow it. Don't you think?" And with that Scott and Shaana took off, following the Teddiursa into the woods.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 3rd July 2012 at 12:43 AM.

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Dead Forest


    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette – {LOL, I forgot you were babysitting Severus; I just needed a moth for a Crobat to eat, so I picked Dustox! Glad you were on the ball, Marion! =D

    Also, in the Black/White movesets, Crobat gets Cross Poison and Screech automatically, and I didn't see those moves in Sangre's stats, so go ahead and add those moves in if you haven't. You may need them... >=D }

    Your plans to keep Sangre’s insectivorous habits a secret aside, you were ready to begin research on this swampy gravesite when you were warned by two mysterious hags against prying too much into this place. This wasn’t about to faze you, though; you simply bid farewell to them and complement them on their fashions.

    You then move on to gather some samples of the toxic soil around here in various places, each sample slightly bigger than the last. You are also careful not to let any of it make contact with your skin; who knows what deadly poisons could be soaking the earth here? You look at the last sample you collect; it looks particularly nasty, and it probably has the biggest cocktail of toxins out here. It fascinates you so much you fail to notice your legs slowly sinking into the swampy land. Sangre alerts you to your peril, and you try to get your feet unstuck, but your moving around only causes you to sink further in. Suddenly, you feel yourself grabbed by something, and the grabbing buckles your knees causing you to fall on your backside. Now more of your body gets caught into the mire. It seems the old ladies’ warnings were not something to be taken lightly, and if you didn’t act fast, you would be slowly dragged to your own grave.

    What will Marion do?

    ((HAHA, I totally thought that was intentional on your part... I wouldn't have thought of it myself if it weren't for the fact that I had literally returned Severus to MM the day before. XD Also, thanks for the heads up! I've updated Crobat's movelist.))

    Ever the absent-minded professorial candidate, Marion is so absorbed in thoughts regarding the strange samples she is collecting that she is completely unaware that she is sinking into the toxic mire which surrounds her. Fortunately, Sangre was never one for deep thoughts, preferring keen outward observation to deep introspection. He quickly notices that Marion is sinking, as if in quicksand, and cries out to her, looking directly at her feet. "Oh, dear..." Marion attempts to lift herself out of the muck, but struggling only seems to get her more deeply entrenched in the mud. "What was it that they said on that nature show about quicksand? Wasn't it that you could float on it? Or was it-" before Marion can complete her sentence, she finds herself grabbed by something underneath the soil, and is so viciously pulled that her knees completely give beneath her as she falls on her backside; the pale lavender hair that she had so intricately and pain-stakingly arranged into a bun to avoid dirt and grime was now soaking in the filth; of course, all that won't matter much if Marion suffocates to death in the mud. Certainly it was first priority to attempt to get herself upright and out of this perilous situation! She reaches up, and before she can even say, "Sangre, darling," her Crobat grabs her tightly around the waist using his lower pair of wings, while he desperately attempts to Fly with the upper half in attempt to pull her out of the muck.

    Thinking quickly, Marion grabs another of her Pokeballs before they sink completely; this one, foremost on her belt, is the easiest to access from her position. This placement was intentional; after all, this Pokemon was the one that Marion knew she could depend on in situations like this. Without hesitation, Marion calls out her most beloved companion; "Minerva, please help me!"

    "Rol-ling a-round in the mud, are weeee?" Minerva's red silhouette comments as Minerva materializes from the pokeball, eventually transforming from brilliant red light to a dull purple cloth and a shiny zipper-smile. "Let me pull you out, sil-ly girl." Minerva floats towards her trainer and phases her cloth paws beneath Marion's head, solidifying them between her head and the muck; she then attempts to pull Marion's head out of the muck without damaging her trainer's head or neck. As Minerva pulls, Marion tries to talk to her ghostly companion; "Min, there's a more urgent matter I need you to address- something is pulling my leg. Could you please tell it to stop, or at least figure out what it is?"

    "Try-ing to rea-son with some-thing that clear-ly wants to kill you?" Minerva grimaces.

    "Please... I don't want to establish myself as an enemy before I figure out what it wants. Maybe it doesn't realize what-"

    "FINE." Minerva sighs, which sounds more like a hiss as it passes tightly through her zipper-teeth. Minerva becomes insubstantial and floats through the mud, beneath Marion's legs, to attempt to see what is pulling her down. In her transient form, she attempts to speak to the attacker:

    "Will you please stop try-ing to pull my trai-ner in-to the muck? It will be most ap-pre-ci-a-ted." If Minerva can discern what is pulling on Marion's leg, she would also use this opportunity to tell her the nature of the attacker, if that is possible.

    [FB || PASBL]

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pyroland.
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    The Divine Woodland


    Megh

    Seeing that your Meowth was rendered unable to do anything to stop a Spinarak from snacking on him, you call on your Sewaddle, Lyla, to assist him. Seeing Jake under such torture caused the blood inside this bug to boil; she wasn’t going to watch her friend get eaten like that!

    Of course, that means Lyla goes straight to work. She works her way around to the other side of the web where Spinarak was, Shoots her silk String onto the spider’s abdomen, and starts pulling. Not only is the Spinarak slower, but now it’s got an annoying little pest interrupting its meal. It now spits its own String Shot onto Lyla, working on making her a second course. After all, the succulent kitty wasn’t going anywhere, right? Then Spinarak starts pulling on a possible Sewaddle dinner, but instead of resisting, Lyla uses that pull to propel herself into the String Spit Pokemon’s body, Tackling it and knocking it off its web, dealing some slight damage in the process. Spinarak didn’t expect Lyla to do that at all, and it was now fixated on your Sewaddle instead of your Meowth, using Poison Sting on Lyla. The poisonous needles stab into Lyla for a little damage, but they also inject venom into her, and the poison will continue to wear down her health some more. Meanwhile, Jake struggles to escape his silky prison, but the poison is making it too difficult to muster up the energy to break free from the web. However, now that Spinarak was focused on Lyla, you had an opportunity to help your partner with his troubles.

    What will Megh do?
    Well, this is a slight improvement from the previous scenario, at least, thinks Megh as she rushes over to try and untangle Jake. The sticky bits of silk stick to her hands, shirt, and eachother in her haste to free her beloved Meowth. Wait a sec... Lyla! She'd almost forgotten about the bug vs. bug battle royale going on just a few feet away. She looks up from the sticky mess to see her own insect cringing with the effects of poison. This speeds her up considerably in digging through the silk. Once the silk is thin enough for Jake to squirm free himself, Megh leans over and administers an Antidote (1/1) on the fuzzy body. She then stands up and races as fast as her legs can carry her over to poor Lyla, kneels down with a Pecha Berry in her open palm, and keeps looking over her shoulder frantically as the Sewaddle bites into the soft flesh of the Berry. As Lyla finishes her meal, Megh stands up and bellows,

    “Okay, guys, let’s finish this! Jake, use Scratch! Lyla, Tackle! Then I’ll throw a Poke ball and hopefully we’ll be done with this rascal!” Hopefully a tag-team effort would be sufficient…

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Had some free time today to type up both of your updates for being so quick with your replies!

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    Charminions: What an inopportune time for your focus to be split! Between the attacking Poison Pin Pokemon and Pigkey's disappearance, you have your work cut out for you. To buy yourself some time, you have Osage charge in speedily to attack, but at the last second, he fakes the Nidoran out by just clapping his claws. This effectively startles the Nidoran from her executing her next attack.

    Seeing your chance to escape you both begin to run in the same direction you were just heading hoping to find Pigkey. Nidoran, not having any of this, begins to follow. Checking back, Osage catches her chasing you, and he begins screaming incredibly loudly. The force of the yelling, not stops Nidoran in her tracks, but it startles you as you had never heard a screech so loud before. You stop running to collect your bearings. Now that you've collected your thoughts and complimented Osage on his attack, you start running again.

    Still not wanting to let go of her mark, Nidoran fires some spikes from her toxic mouth which land all around you two. Unfortunately for you both, you each step on one. The spike stabs Osage's foot, and immediately its poison spreads throughout his body, slowly draining his health. You, on the other hand, aren't hurt or poisoned since you are wearing footwear. The feeling of stepping on the spike, though, trips you up a little. With a running leap, Nidoran slams onto Osage with her entire body, and the force of the attack knocks Osage back.

    Nidoran turns around, and just as she prepares to use another attack, a rock smacks down on her from a tree. You look around frantically for your savior. Finally you see Pigkey returning holding a curious pink heart-shaped berry in her hands. Perhaps she saw the Nidoran attack you and ran off to find a Pecha Berry, just in case. What will you do?

    It's a good thing I replied then. ^_^

    Charm decides that it would be best to slow down the Nidoran and catch up with Pigkey, ordering Osage to give the female Nidoran a Fake Out. He does as he's told, charging straight towards the Nidoran before swiftly slapping his hands at the wild Pokemon to cause her to flinch. The Poison Pin Pokemon looks definitely startled which was the duo's cue to run like hell.

    While running, Osage takes a look back to see if the angry Nidoran is still following them; she is, unfortunately. "Damn. We have no time for this. Give that Screech now, Osage!" Charm calls out. Osage answers back by releasing a very high pitch scream, however the shouting didn't stop the Nidoran. Instead, it caused Charm to stop running out of surprise. Completely ignoring the situation, he goes on to compliment Osage's Screech. "That was cool, Osage. Didn't think you'd use it that well." Then they proceed to panic and run once again, ending this bit of sitcom comedy.

    The Nidoran certainly doesn't want them to escape, and so she spits out some Toxic Spikes which surround the escapees. Both Charm and Osage end up stepping on a spike, effectively poisoning the Sneasel but failing to work on Charm who's protected by his sneakers. "Crap, what does it take to get this Nidoran off our backs," he says, tripping from the spike. The Nidoran still seems to look angry, running towards Osage before Body Slamming him. "Hang in there, Osage!" Charm calls out, starting to panic because of his poisoned partner.

    Still hoping to punish the duo, the Poison Pin Pokemon starts to charge up another attack when she's suddenly knocked back by a rock coming from a tree. "Wait a second. Isn't that Pigkey's Smack Down attack?" And to their delight it was, Pigkey returns back to Charm and holds out a Pecha Berry. "You're our hero, Pigkey!" Charm exclaims, taking the Pecha Berry. "Here Osage, take this. It will stop the poison from hurting your body," he says, giving the berry to the sickly Sneasel.

    "Alright, let's get rid of this runt quickly and continue looking for the berry Trunphan needs. Osage, Frost Breath then Ice Beam. Pigkey, Thunder Punch followed by Fury Swipes."

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    OK, just want to remind everybody that in battles you can use up to three attacks/items, not counting held items which get used automatically, except in double/triple battles where you can use two moves per Pokemon. Also, feel free to use two or three moves per reply; it'll make your battles go that much faster, and it'll give me more material to work with. With that, moar updates! =D


    Eyrie Peak

    Posy Field
    Jolteonjak

    Being witness to a theft is bad enough, but when it involves stealing food from such an adorable little Teddiursa, the crime is especially heinous! Teddiursa was ready for battle, and she welcomed all the help she could get as she nodded at your offer to help. You call out to Heracross to join the battle, but all you get from him is a dirty look and three rings of Stone Edge, each ring directed at each Beedrill. You duck to avoid the attack as it flies past you. One of the Beedrill follows suit and dodges the ring sent at it while the other two took some decent damage, though only a third as much as a fully-powered Stone Edge since the attack was split between three targets.

    You had enough of his insolence and order him to stay by your side and out of the battle, then call on your tan and blue Numel who appears out of his Rocket Ball with a shimmer. You direct his attention to the Beedrill, two of which are ticked off from Heracross’ attack and decide to take out their anger on their opponents, one of them firing Poison Sting at Teddiursa for some slight damage, the other using its Fury to Attack Cyndaquil with its stingers, hitting twice with its jabs, one of those hits being for some considerable damage. The last Beedrill hadn’t gotten as riled up as the other two yet, but rather fine-tunes its Energy so it can Focus more on the battle ahead.

    Cyndaquil responds to his attacker by directing odd Extrasensory waves at it causing the Beedrill to cry out in pain from the headache it got. Meanwhile, Teddiursa was welling up with tears in her eyes after that barbaric attack by her assailant. Then she just cried, and as the Beedrill who attacked her looked on… it didn’t want to hurt her that badly. That Beedrill started feeling remorse for its actions and flew down to Teddiursa to try and comfort it, but when it got too close, Teddiursa suddenly stopped crying and grinned as Numel saw the opening and used some of his Rock energy to create boulders that looked of an Ancient age and flung them at Beedrill with such Power that they crashed into the Poison Bee causing significant damage. Teddiursa then turns to you and winks at you with a thumbs-up pose; that sneaky Little Bear’s Tears were Fake! As a result, Beedrill’s compassion caused a harsh lowering in its special defense. It wasn’t going to fall for that trick again for sure!

    What will Chad do?

    Chad watched the battle with those thieving Beedrill begin against his Cyndaquil and newcomer Numel, both joining the victim Teddiursa. After starting things off with a decent blast from Stone Edge, Heracross found himself sidelined for the time being. At least Cyndaquil and Numel seemed to be suited for this though. Even Teddiursa seemed to be holding her own, cleverly distracting a Beedril giving Numel a chance to attack.

    "Cyndaquil, Numel great job both of you," Chad praised his fiery pair. "You're not so bad yourself Teddiursa," Chad continued. "Let's see," he began thinking out loud, "we have to keep our Fire attacks to a minimum. Numel, Defense Curl. Then when a Beedrill gets in range, use Rollout. Cyndaquil, see if you can stun the Beedrill that Numel and Teddiursa attacked with your Extrasensory. If you can stun it, try to burn it with Will-o-Wisp. If you do not stun it, use Hidden Power (Ice)." Chad looked at Teddiursa and holds out his hand to the battlefield, "And now your move."

    Chad watched the three battlers getting back to action. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Heracross watching the battle intently. He seemed to be upset. Keeping half an eye on the battle, he walked over to his moping Singlehorn. "Look, I'm sorry I yelled, but your attack almost hit me. I didn't have a problem with you feeding on the tree, but if I need you to battle, please listen."

    "Crossss," Heracross responded with a sigh. He looked at Chad, as if he wanted to get into the fray.

    "Tell you what. When this battle is over, you can go get your fill of sap. For now, I need you to keep an eye out for that last Beedrill in case it returns," he held his hand out to Heracross. "Deal?" Heracross met Chad's hand with his claw, and the two shook on it. "I have a plan that I may need your help with depending how the battle continues."



    Stats

  13. #288
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: Coming to the aid of an injured boy, you find that the cause for the injury is a Qwilfish. This Balloon Pokemon, angry for being awakened, attacks you with its Poison Sting. Luckily, Zoomer, being quick to react, is able to reach you and Teleport you all to safety. When you reappear you look around to see the quills embed themselves into a post that was near the path. You also see that you and the little boy are sufficiently far enough away from the reach of any of Qwilfish's attacks. With some quick thinking you lay your backpack on the ground and put the boy's injured leg on it not only to keep it out of the sand but to keep it elevated.

    The Qwilfish doesn't appear to be swimming off any time soon, so you have Zoomer retaliate. "Zoomer, shoot a confuse ray at the Spikefish," you begin your orders.

    "Ralts," Zoomer shakes his head and sighs. The pink horn on Zoomer's head glows and fires an eerie ray at the Balloon Pokemon. It bathes the Qwilfish in its sinister light, causing it to appear off somehow.

    "Mister?" you hear the little boy call to you. You turn around to him. "I think that's called 'Qwilfish,'" he continues.

    You turn your attention back to the battle just in time to see Qwilfish surrounding itself in water and lunging forward. The aquatic bullet, that is Qwilfish, veers off course and jets itself to somewhere that isn't Zoomer where it collides with the same post studded with the Poison Sting from earlier. The force of this collision shatters the post, and the Qwilfish lands in some shrubbery behind the former post. The confused Qwilfish drunkingly hobbles and rolls out of the shrubbery onto the beach.

    You take this opportunity to continue your attacking. "Use metronome!" Zoomer concentrates and waves its hands in unison. As they both wave, they begin to give off a faint grey glow. A rock appears floating in front of Zoomer. He takes the rock and throws it at Qwilfish. The rock smashes into Qwilfish knocking it back roughly a foot not causing much damage at all.

    "Wow!" the boy exclaims. "Your Ralts can use Metronome? That's so neat!" You turn to look at the boy, and it seems the battle is allowing him to forget, somewhat, about his injury.

    The Qwilfish gets back up, still tottering about. It begins to attack again, this time giving a few short hops before propelling forward hoping to tackle you, or something else.

    What will you do?



    "Wow! Your Ralts can use Metronome? That's so neat!" The boy exclaimed. Niles rubbed the back of his head, glowing from the compliment the boy gave him. On Valentine's day his school had given out a bunch of prizes, and one that Niles got was a idol that taught that move to Zoomer. It was sort of odd how many rare and unusual the teacher had, was kind of suspicious. This didn't concern Niles as it never occurred to him how odd it was. Zoomer started crying out again and Niles noticed the Spikefish... no, Qwilfish (he really needs to learn how to identify species better) was getting ready to retaliate.

    "Zoomer shoot a Signal Beam at it to knock it back. Then hold it in place with two Grassknots" Niles was getting more use to battling, and was getting a lot more aggressive, to match his nature. Zoomer nodded as it prepared for the attack.


    Stats
    Last edited by YDT; 7th July 2012 at 12:44 AM.

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post


    The Divine Woodland

    Diamond Lake

    Meetan - (Please provide a link to your team stats next time. Thanks! )

    Noticing that a Surskit may be in danger of being lunch for someone else, you and your Swinub help out the poor little bug as the Swinub used Odor Sleuth to lock on the Swellow. The Swinub points his nose upwards to attempt to smell the Swellow... unfortunately the bird seems to be too high up for him to smell. The Swellow continues to circle around the Surskit as it waits for the perfect opportunity to catch the Pond Skater, ignoring you and your Swinub in the process.Your Swinub then continues his attack by blowing an Icy Wind towards the Swellow which direct hits the bird and you see its motion interrupted as it felt the chilly wind from your Swinub. It then targets your Swinub as it swiftly goes down on the ground and direct striking your Swinub with an Aerial Ace before rising up in the sky. The Swinub didn’t even have a chande to recover from the attack however, as a round of Bubblebeam suddenly hits him as well as you turn around to see the attacker which turned out to be... the Surskit itself! It seems to be terrified of you as well! The Swellow seemed to have a glint on its eye as it noticed this and was thoroughly amused at the situation. You could try to talk to the Surskit that it’s on your side, but there’s no guarantee that it will listen to you...

    What will you do?[


    "Oh, you... Little menace!" Alice suddenly bellowed, astounded at the strike of the Bubblebeam, watching her poor baby tumble backwards under the barrage of attacks. She could see that Swellow was taking pleasure from the sight. Oh, she didn't think so. "Yeah, well. We won't be taking that. Swinub, use your Charm to lower the enemy's attack, and this time go for a Powder Snow! We'll try to freeze it, and if it goes low enough, try to blind it with a Mud Slap! Make it as strong as you can and keep your eyes peeled! I'll try to sort out Surskit!"

    She glanced over at the blue, spidery being anxiously. It was a cute, four legged spidery thing. It was less intimidating, if not a bit annoying, and the nineteen year old was pleased it wasn't a Spinarak. Crouching down as she gradually made her approach, eyes darting between potential munch and the battle, the young trainer took out her berry pouch and extended it to the wild creature. "Listen, you can take one or two of these, as a truce! Or even a pokeblock or poffin if you want! Please don't attack Swinub anymore, we're trying to save your bum here, alright? I promise, we're the good guys! We'll leave you alone after this if you want, promise!" Alice insisted, biting her lip as she glanced at her wintery pig. They were at a big disadvantage, but surely they'd be alright?

    ((Stats~))

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 7

    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    InnerFlame – {Your update is here.}

    Kaisap112

    You and Kitty were staring in the face of danger, and indeed, the jaws of anger as a Croconaw was bearing down on you, its Leer adding on to your fear of it and lowering Kitty’s defenses as it leapt out of the water and onto dry land, continuing to run towards you. It was hard, but Kitty plucked up the courage needed to spit out Seeds… slower than a speeding Bullet, but still fast enough to knock Croconaw back twice, the latter hit damaging the croc twice as much as the first one. You try to explain to Croconaw that you wanted to help, even bringing out your Seel, Minori, to help translate, but that last attack sent Croconaw into too much of a seething Rage that there was no way it would heed your pleas to calm down. It was now close enough to attack Kitty, and it did so, clawing in Kitty’s general direction and hitting her only a few times but dealing some decent damage to her. It didn’t look like it would calm down any time soon, but it was using up lots of energy attacking so randomly.

    What will Noriko do?




    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress – {Your update is here.}


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    Looking for Berries, you bumped into some… and by that, I mean you bumped into a Beedrill holding some. You run off screaming like a little girl and find yourself… not pursued by the Beedrill as you run out into the meadow. That’s strange, you expected that Beedrill to come chasing after you like ticked off Beedrill usually would. After a minute, you hear the buzzing again; ah, now it decides to come chasing after you. No wait, you see it fly over you, holding a much smaller handful of Berries than it did before, and disappear into the trees on the other side of the meadow. After a while, you see the Beedrill again, heading back over to where you met it before and then back to the other side again, holding another smaller pile of Berries. Curiouser and curiouser. You head back to check and see if maybe the Poison Bee left any Berries behind, but if it did, you couldn’t find any, so you’re left with thinking back to what happened. That was one strange Beedrill. It obviously had a reason for not attacking you and focusing instead on carrying those Berries somewhere, and maybe it was worth looking into.

    What will Joshua do?


    Jolteonjak

    When dealing with Berry-thieving Beedrill, you needed to have a good sense of teamwork, and so far you, your Pokemon, and a Teddiursa had it. Your Heracross, not so much, but you told him you had something special in mind for him depending on how this next volley of attacks turned out. And you were just about to find out how the battle would continue.

    The Beedrill had suffered considerably on their side already, but they were ready to launch their counterattack, starting with the first Beedrill, the one who had fallen for the Teddiursa’s tricks. It wanted to get back at Teddiursa hard, so it turns to using two good thrusts with its stingers for its signature Twineedle attack. Both jabs hit her for some decent damage, but luckily no poison was injected. The second one attacks Cyndaquil again, this time preferring a Poison Sting attack from a distance; the father away it was from those flames on his back, the better. The last one had been observing the battle, but it was now time to get into the fray, attacking your Numel, who had not been attacked yet, with its own Twineedle. Thanks to Numel’s resistance, it didn’t deal a lot of damage, and he avoided getting poisoned too. Cyndaquil then focused his Extrasensory powers toward the weakened Beedrill’s mind, but in his attempt he strained a little too much and the attack misfired, though he avoided dealing damage to himself. That’s when Teddiursa smelled something… ooh, the Beedrill that attacked her has honey dripping down its torso. That’s probably a good excuse to latch on to the Poison Bee and Lick it, right? The unfortunate Beedrill screams out with a shiver down its spine as Teddiursa steals the honey from its body (it was saving that honey for later!), causes extreme discomfort, and deals a little damage to it, all in one. Meanwhile, Numel started to realize he was taking damage and Curled himself into a ball to Defend himself from future attacks.

    Having been deceived and assaulted, it was about time to take some revenge, and now that Beedrill was able to inspect its cute attacker, the Bug knew just how to get it. It gave Teddiursa a hug with its stinger arms and started nibbling into the Little Bear until its mouth found the Pecha Berry Teddiursa had stashed in her fur and Bit into it in earnest. It was so nice of Teddiursa to save that poison-curing Berry just so a Poison-type like Beedrill could eat it. The berry tasted pretty sweet too! At the same time, Teddiursa definitely didn’t want any more honey from this bug. She screamed and squirmed to try to get away from it, but your Pokemon were a little preoccupied with the other two Beedrill to rescue her. While Cyndaquil was hit by Twineedle, though avoided the poison, Numel became the victim of his Beedrill’s Fury Attack, getting hit three times, two of those hits getting Numel in some more sensitive places. Cyndaquil then notices Teddiursa under attack and summons multiple orbs of Ice energy, sending them straight at the Beedrill for solid damage. The Beedrill shrieks in pain as it lets go of the Teddiursa, who now has fire in her eyes instead of water. In her Fury, she jumps at the Beedrill’s face and gets five good Swipes, each hit dealing minor damage, but they add up. Meanwhile, Numel finds that the Beedrill that attacked him is close enough to bowl over with his Rollout attack, clipping it by the side.

    The three Beedrill each have about the same amount of energy, but out of all three of them, the one that has been locking horns with Teddiursa has taken the most damage; one or two good special attacks would finish it off. The other two have about twice as much health as the first one. Numel has the most health and should be the most protected against the Beedrill’s attacks, whereas Teddiursa and Cyndaquil each have about 20% less health than Numel. Numel has the least amount of energy but is still above 60% energy, with Teddiursa having about as much energy and Cyndaquil with the most energy out of all the combatants.

    What will Chad do?


    Megh – {You needed to link to here for your Antidote and here for your Pecha Berry, but since I knew about them, I'll let it slide. Please link to any items you use in the future; the only reason I'm not complaining about the Pokeball was because you gave me the link to it earlier. Thanks for your cooperation! =)}

    Trying to keep Jake from turning into kitty soup for a Spinarak, you used Lyla as bug bait, and it worked, and Lyla got in a good hit too. Now you had a chance to free your partner, and you took it in earnest. It would take a little time to get Jake—and yourself—unstuck from the silky deathtrap; meanwhile, Spinarak wrapped a couple of loops of silk around Lyla and started the Constriction process on her. It only dealt minute damage, but Lyla started to feel a little uncomfortable. Still, she’d have to hang in there while you free Jake and administer your Antidote to take care of the poison. Spinarak continues Constricting Lyla, but now it’s her turn to get assistance in the form of your Pecha Berry and Jake’s snapping the line Spinarak was using to pull on the strings.

    Now that your Pokemon were free of silk and poison, you were ready to get into the battle and hope you could end it quickly. Jake and Lyla run in to attack the spider, Jake being first, with his Scratch digging deep into Spinarak’s flesh and uses his Technician smarts to cause further damage to its abdomen. Jake then jumps out of the way of Lyla’s path as she bravely Tackles straight into her enemy for some more damage. With Spinarak below half health, you figure now is the time to throw your Pokeball, and hopefully you can successfully catch this silk mistress and end the battle. There’s the toss… it makes direct contact off of where Lyla sent it with her Tackle and sucks it up inside. The Pokeball closes and lands on the ground, shaking once… twice… thrice… PING! You pick up the newly occupied Pokeball and look at the web. It still looks mostly pristine, but now that you’ve evicted the Lv. 5 Female Spinarak from her home, it stands there waiting for another spider to find it and move in.

    You took a risk and threw your Pokeball earlier than I thought you would, but hey, you surprised me and got lucky. So, I hereby reward you with your first zone capture and, in effect, your entry into the Egg House. Make sure that when you collect your first egg, you provide a link to your reply to this update in which you claim your new Pokemon. In the meantime, take good care of this beautiful spider! So, what will Megh do?



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    Another memory of yours resurfaced while your new friend, Leah, was locked in a battle against a hive of Combee and their imperialistic queen. “Frinth, are you all right?” you hear her say as you snap out of your memory and back into reality, “I need your help, please!” With that, you call out your orders to Trick and make the claim that you will capture your opponent, the female Combee. Leah then gives her orders: “Ludicolo, please use Rain Dance, then Fake Out so Trick can focus on the target!”

    The Combee got their orders from Vespiquen as well, and they were quicker on the draw, using their wings to blow a Sweet, pleasant smell your way. The Scent was proving to be irresistible to both Trick and Ludicolo… until Ludicolo did a traditional Dance passed down by generations of Ludicolo. Rain clouds were summoned, and the resulting drizzle washed away the Sweet Scent before your Pokemon’s evasion skills suffered. It also started to get everything wet, including the Combee, which brought precious nutrients for Trick to Absorb to the surface. Sure, Combee was doubly resistant to the Treecko’s attack, but getting energy back in the form of honey-flavored goodness… Mmm, mm, makes a Wood Gecko wish he could have more!

    Seeing as how the Sweet Scent didn’t incapacitate Ludicolo, the Combee turn back to offense. All seven of the Combee are whipping up their Gust attacks this time, but Ludicolo has other plans. He rushes up to the hive, who are ready to attack once he gets close enough, but he stops suddenly and claps his hands, causing all of them to reel back. Only slightly, but it would be enough of a distraction as it’s Trick’s turn to rush at the Combee, without any fear of them attacking. He raises his fist, gathers electrical energy generated from the storm, and releases it on the female Combee in a mighty, Thunderous Punch that sends her reeling. Trick scored a clean hit that, while it caused no paralysis, instantly took out almost a third of the Combee’s health. You could see Vespiquen was impressed by the attack, but with the rain starting to come down a little harder, you sensed she still perceived Ludicolo as the bigger threat while Ludicolo’s Dish collected Rain, bringing him back to full health and almost full energy. Trick was still completely healthy, having not been attacked yet, but that may change as the female Combee started to take that attack personally. Luckily, the rain also served to restore a little of Trick’s energy, though not nearly as much as what Ludicolo was getting.

    What will Frinth do?


    Dead Forest


    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette

    In your excitement to study the venomous earth around here, you found yourself stuck in the eerie mire, your boots continuing to make a squishy sound as they sunk further into the earth. Fortunately, Sangre was there to help you out, grabbing you by the waist and trying to use his Flight to pull you out. However, it doesn’t quite seem like Sangre’s able to pull you out at all. That’s when you notice the muddy hands that are also around your waist, trying to pull you down. You call on your trusted partner, Minerva, so you can have her “rea-son with some-thing that clear-ly wants to kill you”. She goes down and tries to talk with what she first thinks is just dirt and mud, but then has that thought disproved when she hears a groggy voice talk back to her: “PLEAAAAAAGH… HELMM MHEEEE!!” She could feel the sludge trying to swallow her, but of course, she was ethereal at the time, so resurfacing to escape it was nothing.

    Minerva regales you about the “lov-e-ly cry for help” she heard down in the soil, but sees that Sangre’s wings aren’t enough to beat the monster’s strength and pull you out, so she helps out too. After about five minutes of tugging, with you as human bait, your Pokemon are finally able to pull you out, but the slime hands still grasp your legs firmly. As they pull further, the sludge body rises up until you can see the Sludge’s eyes and toxic mouth surface. “MUUUUUUUUUUUK!” you hear it roar, and you turn your head only to see it spit out a huge ball of Sludge right at Sangre. It explodes like a Bomb all over the three of you, but the one to take damage was your Crobat, although you and Minerva do get some more mud on you. Looks like it’s time for a down and dirty battle with a Muk!

    What will Minerva do?

    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 25th July 2012 at 6:27 AM. Reason: Forgot the title

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Dead Forest


    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette

    In your excitement to study the venomous earth around here, you found yourself stuck in the eerie mire, your boots continuing to make a squishy sound as they sunk further into the earth. Fortunately, Sangre was there to help you out, grabbing you by the waist and trying to use his Flight to pull you out. However, it doesn’t quite seem like Sangre’s able to pull you out at all. That’s when you notice the muddy hands that are also around your waist, trying to pull you down. You call on your trusted partner, Minerva, so you can have her “rea-son with some-thing that clear-ly wants to kill you”. She goes down and tries to talk with what she first thinks is just dirt and mud, but then has that thought disproved when she hears a groggy voice talk back to her: “PLEAAAAAAGH… HELMM MHEEEE!!” She could feel the sludge trying to swallow her, but of course, she was ethereal at the time, so resurfacing to escape it was nothing.

    Minerva regales you about the “lov-e-ly cry for help” she heard down in the soil, but sees that Sangre’s wings aren’t enough to beat the monster’s strength and pull you out, so she helps out too. After about five minutes of tugging, with you as human bait, your Pokemon are finally able to pull you out, but the slime hands still grasp your legs firmly. As they pull further, the sludge body rises up until you can see the Sludge’s eyes and toxic mouth surface. “MUUUUUUUUUUUK!” you hear it roar, and you turn your head only to see it spit out a huge ball of Sludge right at Sangre. It explodes like a Bomb all over the three of you, but the one to take damage was your Crobat, although you and Minerva do get some more mud on you. Looks like it’s time for a down and dirty battle with a Muk!

    What will Minerva do?

    Finally free of her muddy prison, Marion thanks Sangre and Minerva for their help before realizing that the slime still has a firm grip on her legs. "What the..." Marion starts, before realizing that she is being held captive by a rather large Muk! The creature unleashes a sludge bomb at the trio, and while the three end up covered in mud, Sangre takes the brunt of the damage. Angry and ready to defend his honor, Sangre immediately prepares himself for battle, with Marion quick to give orders to her battle-ready Crobat. "Sangre, assail your foe's senses! Impair its hearing with your ear-piercing Screech, and put a damper on its vision with your Confuse Ray. Once his senses have been dulled, go at him full-force with a Zen Headbutt! I know you can do it, love!" Marion cheers her Pokemon on as he loyally follows her orders; after all, it took a very deep bond between the two for Sangre to have evolved in the first place, and for all of Sangre's brutish thoughts and actions, he would not betray his trainer and her wishes. Besides, this Muk threw mud at him! How incredibly disrespectful! This means war.

    As Sangre goes to work attacking the Muk, Marion whispers to Minerva in Banette language; Min, do you think that someone might be inside the Muk? Would you be able to check?

    Are you completely mad, my girl? The Muk is battling Sangre. Even if a creature was trapped inside, it is about to get mauled. Better I keep you safe than some flailing corpse.

    Marion gives Minerva a bit of a puppy-dog look, complete with pout. Pleeee-

    I'll take a quick look, but I am not taking my eyes off of you. Minerva tries to covertly float around the Muk, checking for signs of any life that may be trapped in the Muk's body. As promised, however, she always has one eye on Marion, ensuring that the Muk doesn't try anything funny with her trainer.
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 6th July 2012 at 3:21 AM.

    [FB || PASBL]

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post


    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    Another memory of yours resurfaced while your new friend, Leah, was locked in a battle against a hive of Combee and their imperialistic queen. “Frinth, are you all right?” you hear her say as you snap out of your memory and back into reality, “I need your help, please!” With that, you call out your orders to Trick and make the claim that you will capture your opponent, the female Combee. Leah then gives her orders: “Ludicolo, please use Rain Dance, then Fake Out so Trick can focus on the target!”

    The Combee got their orders from Vespiquen as well, and they were quicker on the draw, using their wings to blow a Sweet, pleasant smell your way. The Scent was proving to be irresistible to both Trick and Ludicolo… until Ludicolo did a traditional Dance passed down by generations of Ludicolo. Rain clouds were summoned, and the resulting drizzle washed away the Sweet Scent before your Pokemon’s evasion skills suffered. It also started to get everything wet, including the Combee, which brought precious nutrients for Trick to Absorb to the surface. Sure, Combee was doubly resistant to the Treecko’s attack, but getting energy back in the form of honey-flavored goodness… Mmm, mm, makes a Wood Gecko wish he could have more!

    Seeing as how the Sweet Scent didn’t incapacitate Ludicolo, the Combee turn back to offense. All seven of the Combee are whipping up their Gust attacks this time, but Ludicolo has other plans. He rushes up to the hive, who are ready to attack once he gets close enough, but he stops suddenly and claps his hands, causing all of them to reel back. Only slightly, but it would be enough of a distraction as it’s Trick’s turn to rush at the Combee, without any fear of them attacking. He raises his fist, gathers electrical energy generated from the storm, and releases it on the female Combee in a mighty, Thunderous Punch that sends her reeling. Trick scored a clean hit that, while it caused no paralysis, instantly took out almost a third of the Combee’s health. You could see Vespiquen was impressed by the attack, but with the rain starting to come down a little harder, you sensed she still perceived Ludicolo as the bigger threat while Ludicolo’s Dish collected Rain, bringing him back to full health and almost full energy. Trick was still completely healthy, having not been attacked yet, but that may change as the female Combee started to take that attack personally. Luckily, the rain also served to restore a little of Trick’s energy, though not nearly as much as what Ludicolo was getting.

    What will Frinth do?


    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125

    "Leah, Please let me catch at least one of them, If I don't get this one. Treecko! One more Thunderpunch, Pound then Here's a pokeball when possible!"[1/10]

    Excitement drastically welled up inside his spirit, as it would have been the first official Pokemon Battle he might have been in. Yet He had only noticed now, but Leah's stance seemed to remind him of another memory...

    It was a seemingly cloudy day, and a certain animated series which featured people with the ability to control one of four elements was showed in a small, flat screen right in the curved palms of an oddly focused person. Yet Some daffodils seemed to grow along the sidewalk, sprouting in a uniform manner before training themselves toward the pair. "Lit, Get your flame ready." said the initial one, referring to the other. "Alright."

    All the daffodils clumped together, forming what seemed to be a narrow beam building up gradually around the formation. Just as Lit formed his hand into a drill-shaped cone of ice, a burst of a single flash revealing, a hole pierced into the ground, revealing an unstable power source... An elderly Bipedal figure appeared from the side, one entirely blue with some red flakes lining what might have been his spine, down his Tail.

    "Atsithku. Great timing. Could you please bring us to the Galaxian capital world? We have to complete something there, and we're probably going to die if we don't go now!!!"Lit Exclaimed. Atsithku only smiled, and the memory faded into severe light.

    "I'm fine. Let us continue then." Frinth returned to his position watching closely, yet observing from a safe distance.
    Last edited by Coolz8; 11th July 2012 at 10:59 AM.

  18. #293
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    Kaisap112

    You and Kitty were staring in the face of danger, and indeed, the jaws of anger as a Croconaw was bearing down on you, its Leer adding on to your fear of it and lowering Kitty’s defenses as it leapt out of the water and onto dry land, continuing to run towards you. It was hard, but Kitty plucked up the courage needed to spit out Seeds… slower than a speeding Bullet, but still fast enough to knock Croconaw back twice, the latter hit damaging the croc twice as much as the first one. You try to explain to Croconaw that you wanted to help, even bringing out your Seel, Minori, to help translate, but that last attack sent Croconaw into too much of a seething Rage that there was no way it would heed your pleas to calm down. It was now close enough to attack Kitty, and it did so, clawing in Kitty’s general direction and hitting her only a few times but dealing some decent damage to her. It didn’t look like it would calm down any time soon, but it was using up lots of energy attacking so randomly.

    What will Noriko do?
    Kitty was shaking with fear as the Croconaw leaped out of the water, sproting a very scary Leer on its face. Even with Noriko’s command very clear in her head, Kitty only barely managed to shoot Bullet Seed at the Croconaw rushing her way. The first seeds lacked the necessary bullet to cause a lot of damage, but the second splash knocked the croc of a Pokémon twice as hard.

    Noriko started falling into despair, her words falling on deaf ears as Croconaw started acting on his Rage – clawing at Kitty, even though it seemed to miss more than hit. Kitty's lowered defenses were still a reason for concern. There really wouldn’t be any other choice than to battle. Noriko was painfully aware that her Pokémon were mere babes compared to the big Croconaw, their levels and move pools low. But if they were really going to fight…

    “Minori, return!” With a red light, Minori disappeared back into his ball. Noriko picked out another Pokéball. “Elmira, your turn! Help Kitty out!”

    Out of the ball came a Shinx who immediately started hissing at the Croconaw threatening her best friend. Around the same level with Kitty, the two could actually stand a chance against Croconaw together – or so Noriko hoped. Two little ones against one big guy was the best idea she could come up with though. She’d have Elmira attack up close while Kitty could keep her distance and act as back-up. “Alright you two, I need you to work together. Kitty, get out of Croconaw’s reach and use Bullet Seed again! Elmira, you use Leer and then Tackle!"

  19. #294
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pyroland.
    Posts
    94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post

    Megh – {You needed to link to here for your Antidote and here for your Pecha Berry, but since I knew about them, I'll let it slide. Please link to any items you use in the future; the only reason I'm not complaining about the Pokeball was because you gave me the link to it earlier. Thanks for your cooperation! =)}

    Trying to keep Jake from turning into kitty soup for a Spinarak, you used Lyla as bug bait, and it worked, and Lyla got in a good hit too. Now you had a chance to free your partner, and you took it in earnest. It would take a little time to get Jake—and yourself—unstuck from the silky deathtrap; meanwhile, Spinarak wrapped a couple of loops of silk around Lyla and started the Constriction process on her. It only dealt minute damage, but Lyla started to feel a little uncomfortable. Still, she’d have to hang in there while you free Jake and administer your Antidote to take care of the poison. Spinarak continues Constricting Lyla, but now it’s her turn to get assistance in the form of your Pecha Berry and Jake’s snapping the line Spinarak was using to pull on the strings.

    Now that your Pokemon were free of silk and poison, you were ready to get into the battle and hope you could end it quickly. Jake and Lyla run in to attack the spider, Jake being first, with his Scratch digging deep into Spinarak’s flesh and uses his Technician smarts to cause further damage to its abdomen. Jake then jumps out of the way of Lyla’s path as she bravely Tackles straight into her enemy for some more damage. With Spinarak below half health, you figure now is the time to throw your Pokeball, and hopefully you can successfully catch this silk mistress and end the battle. There’s the toss… it makes direct contact off of where Lyla sent it with her Tackle and sucks it up inside. The Pokeball closes and lands on the ground, shaking once… twice… thrice… PING! You pick up the newly occupied Pokeball and look at the web. It still looks mostly pristine, but now that you’ve evicted the Lv. 5 Female Spinarak from her home, it stands there waiting for another spider to find it and move in.

    You took a risk and threw your Pokeball earlier than I thought you would, but hey, you surprised me and got lucky. So, I hereby reward you with your first zone capture and, in effect, your entry into the Egg House. Make sure that when you collect your first egg, you provide a link to your reply to this update in which you claim your new Pokemon. In the meantime, take good care of this beautiful spider! So, what will Megh do?

    "Alright!!" Megh cries as she triumphantly holds the Poke Ball above her head like a warrior wielding a powerful sword. "I'm gonna name you... Kiki!"
    Megh presses the button on the ball and the tired little troublemaker appears, hissing and clicking her pincers.

    "Hey, it's okay, girl..." Megh holds out her hand and the little Pokemon scurries over and perches there, before falling asleep, exhausted by its efforts. Megh giggles. "Alright then, I guess you'l have to ride up on my shoulder," she says, plopping the spider up on her right shoulder.
    "After all, It's far too nice out to be cooped up in a ball." She turns and walks back out into the field, and can't help feeling mighty proud, walking through a field of trainers with her first catch.

    "I think that's enough adventure for a while, isn't it?" Her other two Pokemon nod, clearly exhausted as well. Megh rolls up the picnic blanket as Lyla drags various items such as Megh's books, empty cups, and plates over to the picnic basket, and Jake eats any remaining morsels in sight.
    "Well, time to go home now."

    Kiki would certainly take some time to get acquainted with everyone, but Megh had a feeling it'd all work out, as she patted the spider that was contently chewing on her shirt.

    (End of updates/adventure/session/whatever it's called)

  20. #295
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yamaku Academy
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    Dead Forest
    Avoided like the plague, the Dead Forest stands out as being the most dangerous segment of the Island. Cursed by the malevolent Witchdoctors of the past, it was said they turned this once thriving paradise into a barren swamp. Deadly bugs and poisonous predators are known to inhabit this marshy area and poison seeps through the trees harming anyone or anything that touches them. Cast under the great shadow of Mt. Eyrie, only the brave dare enter this jagged terrain and not so many return.

    Areas:
    Toxic Marsh: Inhabited by countless bugs, the filth spewing from this marshy area is almost as disgusting as the rancid stench festering it. Covered by a thick blanket of fog, the marsh is almost impossible to navigate through. However, should you find yourself to the witchdoctor's old temple, the mysterious rewards are certain to make your venture less regrettable.

    "This is it, Cherry! We have arrived at The Divine Woodlands!" Shiro said exitedly while looking at an old map he had bought earlier. He had a wide grin on his face, but his grin faded as he took his eyes off the map, and looked at the surroundings instead.
    "H-huh? Didn't the guide say that The Divine Woodlands would have diamond blue lakes, lush green forests and such? This looks like the complete opposite!" Shiro muttered, but decided to step further into this mysterious area.

    After walking for a while, Shiro arrived near a small pool of toxic, with Cherry safely sitting in a latte brown child carrier that was placed in front of Shiro.
    "This doesn't look drinkable to me..." Shiro thought to himself as he crouched to take a better look at the small pool of toxic.
    "We should head back fast before it gets dark, right, Cherry?" Shiro asked as calmly as he could.
    Cherry looked enthusiastically around for a while, and eventually nodded.
    "Alright then, it's settled." Shiro shouted as he rose up, and turned to the direction from which he came from, or so he thought.
    "Wh-Where did this fog come from? I can't see a thing!" Shiro thought.
    He turned around to go back to the small pool of toxic, and sat near it.
    "W-w-We have to stay here for a while now, so let's survive this fog. And what's with this horrible smell?" He said nervously, and crept into a ball, trying his best to keep Cherry warm.

  21. #296
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Eyrie Peak


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    Looking for Berries, you bumped into some… and by that, I mean you bumped into a Beedrill holding some. You run off screaming like a little girl and find yourself… not pursued by the Beedrill as you run out into the meadow. That’s strange, you expected that Beedrill to come chasing after you like ticked off Beedrill usually would. After a minute, you hear the buzzing again; ah, now it decides to come chasing after you. No wait, you see it fly over you, holding a much smaller handful of Berries than it did before, and disappear into the trees on the other side of the meadow. After a while, you see the Beedrill again, heading back over to where you met it before and then back to the other side again, holding another smaller pile of Berries. Curiouser and curiouser. You head back to check and see if maybe the Poison Bee left any Berries behind, but if it did, you couldn’t find any, so you’re left with thinking back to what happened. That was one strange Beedrill. It obviously had a reason for not attacking you and focusing instead on carrying those Berries somewhere, and maybe it was worth looking into.

    What will Joshua do?
    Back in the meadow, little had changed, and Joshua dived for the ground as soon as he was out of the foliage. Nothing happened. The Beedrill had gone? Huh. That almost never happened. In his experience, Beedrills relentlessly pursued those who wronged them, including anyone who so much as looked at them funny. Something was clearly wrong here. Eventually however, it flew out of the trees, and he braced himself for yet another battle... But it ignored him again. The Beedrill, now carrying another pile of berries, flew overhead, across the meadow and into another group of trees. Huh. Well, clearly it had some kind of purpose in mind... After a quick forage in case it had dropped any (unfortunately not), Joshua set off after the bee, purely out of curiosity.

    He really hoped this wouldn't lead to him burning down this part of the forest too...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  22. #297
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,499

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #6

    Charminions and TutorX, I am working on your updates, and they should be up tomorrow. I wanted to get something posted since I said I would (albeit a few hours late). Everyone else, enjoy.

    The Island
    ~Island Ports~ -> ~Shaman River~

    Mon1010: The thwarted theft of the Moo Moo Ice Cream was cause for celebration, but it was only short-lived. The thief in question awakened from its nap and ran off swiping a jar of honey. Frank watched the third theft occur, and as you prepared to follow the Little Bear into the woods, he lent you his Pokemon Ranger Alert device in the event of something sinister.

    "By the way," Frank stopped and called out to you, "many of the Pokemon around here live around Shaman River. Maybe you should start there." He continued walking away.

    Taking Frank's advice, you left town and walked along a path to the river. Being a major source for commerce, the path to the river was paved with stone; so it was easy to follow. Walking along the path you noticed that most of the area around you was shrouded with trees. You veered from the path in order to follow the river into the forest. After many yards of walking along the river's edge, you decided that the bear Pokemon won't be found along the river. You reflected on the Teddiursa's dream you saw. The Little Bear Pokemon were further in the forest not near the river in a clearing. You thought it might be best to try to find that spot to see if they were still there. You stopped for a moment to make a plan. You would still follow the river, but you'd first travel deeper in the forest then make sure you would continue such that the river would always be on your left.

    Along your walk in the forest, you're startled by the sound of some rustling in the woods. Thinking it could be the Teddiursa, you planned to follow the rustling and catch the little thief. The rustling continued, and you followed it from bush to bush until finally it stopped at a thick patch of bushes. Looking at the bushes, it seemed to you that they were arranged as some sort of cover.

    Treading cautiously, you slowly approached the bush cover. Spotting a hole you peeked in and began crawling in, with Shaana sitting on your back. Looking inside you spotted a long white creature with long brown stripes. Luckily the Linoone hasn't seen you. You saw it carrying something in its mouth. It appeared to be a twig of some bluish berries; you counted four of them. In the Linoone's den, you also saw three smaller brown and white creatures lying on the floor. They weren't moving at the sight of the Linoone; the Zigzagoon actually seemed to be in pain. You couldn't tell with their wavy brown and white fur, but the Zigzagoon children were all suffering from burns. The Linoone laid the twig of Rawst Berries on the floor picking one off to give to each of its Tiny Racoon children.

    You are immediately reminded of the Teddiursa's dream, and the Ursaring that was badly burnt. Things were starting to come together as you watched the Zigzagoon eat their berries.

    As you shifted your leg, a twig snapped, and that alerted the Linoone to your presence. The Rush Pokemon gathered up its children and put them on its back. The Linoone then ran out of the den through another portal leaving the area empty. You didn't mean to startle them; but with how quickly it reacted, you couldn't have stopped them if you wanted. On the floor of the den lie a single Rawst Berry, still on the twig. Perhaps it would behoove you to hold onto this berry in the event you might need it for -

    All of a sudden, "Pommmmm!" a loud scream interrupted your thoughts. Could it be whatever is responsible for injuring the Zigzagoon and the Ursaring? You could tell that the direction of the scream came from further in the forest in the same direction you were originally travelling.

    What will you do?



    Special Instructions: Please be aware you are now adventuring in Shaman River. Also if you decide to take the berry please make sure to post after your reply indicating you took the berry (like claiming a prize from the Casino or something).

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    myahoo: The storm is getting louder, and it sweeps in some Pidove flying wildly and disoriented. The loud chorus of their Echoing Voices shakes up the cave and all those in it. You sit on a rock, injured, with Wildfire in your lap taking cover from the commotion all around you. With the storm not letting up any time soon, you decide to go check on those Tiny Pidgeons to see if you can help. You take the branch you used earlier, and you stand with it. Most of the pain has subsided; however, putting weight on your ankle still hurts a lot.

    You begin your journey further into the cave with Wildfire by your side. You stress the importance of staying nearby to keep the area well lit, and Wildfire fervently obeys. As you walk inward, there is a brief moment of silence; being about as far away from the storm as you are from the battle you expected to hear traces of. You press on, and all of a sudden you hear a boom, perhaps a crash. The rumbling ceases, and you begin to hear a soft cooing noise. Moving cautiously now, you continue to hear the cooing getting slightly louder. You sense the presence of another individual nearby.

    The flames radiating off Wildfire's back shine in the tunnel, and you peer further in to see a little lump lying on the ground. You slowly approach the small shadow, and your Cyndaquil's light fills in the color to reveal one of the Pidove on the ground. Wildfire is the first on the scene as he checks out the bird. With your limited range of motion, you don't see any visible damage. The Pidove arouses, as if it were awakened by your presence. It looks around, and immediately notices it's in a cave. It begins to speak. Wildfire listens to it and tries to relay the message to you. He pats the ground three times, and then he flaps his arms. Next he spins around haphazardly changing directions. He walks over to the wall of the tunnel, still flapping his arms, and he taps his head, gently, on it. He points to the Pidove, and then he just shrugs.

    "Starrrrrr!" you hear from further down the tunnel. You also hear some rather loud cooing. The Pidove looks a little worried.

    Seeing this, you bend over to it, as comfortably as you can, and you explain to it in which direction the exit is. The Pidove nods and gets on its feet and begins to walk away. You watch the Tiny Pidgeon walk away fading, once again, into the darkness. Turning around you and Wildfire press on.

    You continue walking in the tunnel, hearing various noises from time to time. It seems the battle, Wildfire told you about is still going on. You think again about not moving on; but then the thought of the other two Pidove enters your mind, and you keep walking. The noises get louder all get louder, the different sets of bird calls and the grunting and crashing. Further up you start to see some faint light, bluish in color. You look to Wildfire, who returns a nod to you, and you warn him to be more cautious. Slow and steady, you make your way towards the light with the crashing sounds startling you every so often.

    As you approach the mouth to the cavern you begin to see streaks of grey fly by. Before entering you rest briefly, as hobbling on a crutch took a lot out of you. You hear a woman's voice, "Wings, use Hidden Power!"

    You and Wildfire peek into the room, and you see a larger grey and white bird with a curl on its head on one side and a woman behind that Staravia. On the other side you see a small lake in the corner and also what appears to be a dark-colored rock with three legs and glowing blue crystals on it. You see the Staravia glowing a faint orange glow, and it flies directly at the Boldore. Little orange orbs expel from the Starling Pokemon, and they land all around Boldore, most of them colliding with it. The force of the attack knocks Boldore off its feet briefly, but it gets back up. The Staravia, flies over by the lake and hovers there.

    Boldore turns to face the Staravia now. The blue gems all over its body begin to flash in varying intensities. Rays fire from the gems, converge at one central location for more power and fire at Staravia. "Dodge that Wings!" the woman yells. Wings, a little slow to react, flaps its wings to fly up over the attack, but unfortunately its feet get catch some of the ray. Staravia calls out in pain, and falters a bit; but recovers well enough from not taking the full brunt of the attack. "Wings, stay right there, and use Hidden Power!" You wonder why she orders it not to move, but when you see Staravia start to glow blue you see why. Staravia's glowing also seems to have stirred up the waters of the lake. Orbs of the Hidden Power, along with some orbs of the lake water, shoot through the air pelting Boldore all over, once again knocking the Ore Pokemon off its feet.

    Staravia flies over to its trainer's side, and you notice the pair seem to be guarding something. The Boldore notices this too. Boldore powers up another attack, and it seems to be aiming for the back corner of the cavern. "It's going to attack," the woman says to you. "Please help us protect these Pidove." It seems you found the other two Pidove cowering in the corner shivering.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------


    OkikuMew: While adventuring through the wooded area of Adventure Path, you imagine what different types of Pokemon could be around and available for you to capture. You approach a cabin in the distance you spotted earlier hoping to get some tips. Getting closer to the cabin, you suddenly hear a man ordering his Scyther to use Cut. The Mantis Pokemon readies its attack and executes.

    Relying on instincts you immediately react and order Max to dodge. The Scyther's cut attack slashes right through a tree, and it begins to fall, towards you. The man who ordered the Scyther's attack jumps out from behind another tree as it slowly tips over and pushes you out of the way just before it could fall on you. He, on the other hand, was not so fortunate. The tree tips over landing on the man's leg. "My leg!" the man yells loudly. Immediately his Scyther rushes to his side. "Scyther," he speaks in between howls of pain, "I want you to use cut on the tree on one side of my leg, then the other."

    The Scyther nods and prepares its attack. The first slice cuts clean through liberating the root end from the rest of the tree. Scyther takes another moment to focus, and the second slice also cuts through the on the other side of the man's leg. Only a small log remained on his leg, which he was able to nudge off. He tries to stand, but any weight he puts on his injured leg results in screaming pain. "Please," he says to you, sounding a little weak. "Please help me to my cabin."

    A little hesitant at first, you grab one of the man's arms; afterall, he did save you. Scyther pokes its head through his armpit. With the two of you propping the man up, you all slowly walk up to the cabin. You enter the cabin, and Scyther directs you to the man's bed. You get him on his bed sitting up. "Thank you," he says. "And are you alright?" The man leans over to look at his injury. Touching anywhere below his knee sends pain throughout his body. "I hope it's not broken," he sighs. "It's a long way to a hospital."

    By now you've spotted the man's work space, and you see what appear to be large white berries cut in half and hollowed out. You also see some other various tools on the bench. You look back at the man, who has now stopped fussing over his injury and is now watching you. "You may recognize what those are. They're White Apricorns," he explains. "My name is Andersen, and my Scyther and I are from Ecruteak City in the Johto region. I worked under Kurt's teachings for many years, learning the art of Apricorn Pokeball crafting. We came to Eyrie Peak for a vacation, when we discovered numerous Apricorn trees over at Posy Field. I decided to take up residence in the area to produce Pokeballs of my own to sell at the resorts here. I was getting ready to make some Fast Balls when I began running low on firewood. So Scyther and me went to the woods to gather some," he says wincing, "and you know the rest."

    You look at Andersen and at his leg. You can tell his ankle is swollen. "After this batch, I was heading back out to Posy Field to collect some more Apricorns. The trees should have one ripe Apricorn on each of them." He tries to stand, but his ankle won't support his weight. "Looks like I won't be able to make the trip. Son of a Pichu! I promised the Island Port city three dozen Pokeballs by the end of the month. At this rate, I'll only have two dozen ready." Anderson looks at you, "I don't suppose you would be able to go in my place, would you?"

    Andersen hops over to his bookcase and grabs a map. "See here, Posy Field is not far from here at all," he explains pointing to a spot on the map showing flat green space a little ways up the mountain. "It should only take a couple of hours to get there. What do you think?"

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Forgotten Ruins~

    Allishinca: Faced with the decision of which attraction to visit first, you ponder where you are more likely to find some treasure. To your left is a temple leading into a mountain; and to your right you see a colosseum thick with grown ivy and other vines, either location in varying degrees of decay. In Pluto's opinion, he prefered to enter the temple. Your decision overrules; however, and you decide to head over to the colosseum to check it out.

    You walk down a short staircase and along a stone path. While walking you and Pluto get a slight feeling that you're being watched. You look up at the stadium as you approach. It's pretty large even though some of its once grand walls have crumbled through the ages. Without seeing the stone from the walls on the ground, you would bet money that the stadium is green from all the vegetation clinging to the walls. A quick walk around the outer walls shows that there isn't much going on. Looking through some of the few entrances you see an empty field as expected.

    On a whim, you decide to enter the colosseum, just to look around. As you walk down the dark deserted entrance, that slight feeling from before of being watched gets stronger. At the same time, you also start to hear what sounds like cheering. "Turnnnn baaaack," you distinctly hear someone whisper to you amongst the cheering. "Before it'ssss too late, turnnn baaaack...," the voice trails off.

    You continue walking through the dark hallway towards a bright light, cautious about the voice you just heard. At the end of the hallway, squinting your eyes you see the stadium is packed with spectators. You see, in the center, a large green spiky creature. This gargantuan Pokemon appears to be almost reptilian or even a dinosaur. The Tyranitar appears to be waiting for something. You deduce the person behind the Armor Pokemon is its trainer. Moving further in, you see something glistening in the brightness of the stadium. It seems to be a line of shiny sparkly silver rocks, some with spikes. At one end is a point, and the other what appears to be a head. Putting it all together, the trainer behind his motionless Steelix lying on the ground must have lost a battle to the Tyranitar.

    "Will no one else face the great Katsuyori and his Tyranitar in battle?" you hear an announcer speaking. Looking around, you see all of the people, confused, also looking around. What also strikes you as odd, is that inside, the colosseum does not appear to be in any state of disarray or decay.

    "Turnnnn baaaack..." you hear the voice again. "Before it'ssss too late. He hasn't seeeeen youuu, turnnnn baaaack..." You stop what you're doing. Perhaps this might be biting off more than you can chew.

    What will you do?

    ----------------------------------------------------------

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: Your battle seems to have come to a standstill with Volts and Surskit taking cover behind some of the waist-high rocks dotted throughout the cavern. Looking around the cavern you just can’t spot the Surskit. You briefly think to yourself.

    You come up with a plan to begin breaking up some of the rocks to see if you can reveal the Pond Skater. On your command, Volts creates a bag of toxic gunk like before, but this one is slightly smaller due to the speed at which it was created. Volts peeks over the rock to see if Surskit could be seen, and when it couldn’t, he hops on the rock and shoots the toxic bag at a rock in front of both of you. The bag collides with the rock, which causes a small explosion. You see a large portion of the rock is missing, now just dust and gravel on the ground. Volts looks frustrated that Surskit wasn’t revealed, but he realizes that the Gunk Shot was able to destroy the rock. Immediately he begins creating a second Gunk Shot to blow up another rock, but this one takes longer to create for the same smaller size. It seems Volts has used up the last of his Poison energy. This time Volts takes aim, and he throws the toxic gunk as far as he can. The Gunk Shot sails over a couple rocks and is about to hit a rock in the back of the room near the other wall when suddenly a stream of large bubbles flowing like a beam fly out from behind that rock. The bubbles hit the poisonous bag, and they are able to deflect the Gunk Shot enough for it to be redirected to a nearby rock, which in turn explodes from the collision.

    You and Volts can barely make it out, but the force from the explosion throws Surskit back a bit. Surskit immediately scurries behind another rock. Finally knowing its location, you send Volts over to fully reveal it. Volts runs out and while he runs his tail glows and becomes as hard as iron. He swings his tail like sledgehammer on the rock concealing the Surskit, which explodes fiercely, both the EleSquirrel and Pond Skater getting pelted with some shrapnel.

    With limited hiding places, Surskit gets on its feet, showing signs of wear. It jumps straight up in the air, spinning its body swiftly shooting star-shaped rays and quickly following that up with a stream of bubbles. The stars hit your Pachirisu, knocking him back a few feet. The bubbles also hit Volts and the ground around him, stirring up some dust clouding his vision and yours since you couldn’t see Surskit very well to begin with.

    You run over to the dust cloud and try to bat it away. Once it’s gone, you look around the cavern again. In the commotion it caused, Surskit seems to have ducked out of the exit that was near it. Something strikes you as odd. Why does the Surskit keep running out when it seems to have the upper hand?

    What will you do?

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Allishinca: Faced with the decision of which attraction to visit first, you ponder where you are more likely to find some treasure. To your left is a temple leading into a mountain; and to your right you see a Colosseum thick with grown ivy and other vines, either location in varying degrees of decay. In Pluto's opinion, he preferred to enter the temple. Your decision overrules; however, and you decide to head over to the Colosseum to check it out.

    You walk down a short staircase and along a stone path. While walking you and Pluto get a slight feeling that you're being watched. You look up at the stadium as you approach. It's pretty large even though some of its once grand walls have crumbled through the ages. Without seeing the stone from the walls on the ground, you would bet money that the stadium is green from all the vegetation clinging to the walls. A quick walk around the outer walls shows that there isn't much going on. Looking through some of the few entrances you see an empty field as expected.

    On a whim, you decide to enter the Colosseum, just to look around. As you walk down the dark deserted entrance, that slight feeling from before of being watched gets stronger. At the same time, you also start to hear what sounds like cheering. "Turnnnn baaaack," you distinctly hear someone whisper to you amongst the cheering. "Before it'ssss too late, turnnn baaaack...," the voice trails off.

    You continue walking through the dark hallway towards a bright light, cautious about the voice you just heard. At the end of the hallway, squinting your eyes you see the stadium is packed with spectators. You see, in the center, a large green spiky creature. This gargantuan Pokemon appears to be almost reptilian or even a dinosaur. The Tyranitar appears to be waiting for something. You deduce the person behind the Armor Pokemon is its trainer. Moving further in, you see something glistening in the brightness of the stadium. It seems to be a line of shiny sparkly silver rocks, some with spikes. At one end is a point, and the other what appears to be a head. Putting it all together, the trainer behind his motionless Steelix lying on the ground must have lost a battle to the Tyranitar.

    "Will no one else face the great Katsuyori and his Tyranitar in battle?" you hear an announcer speaking. Looking around, you see all of the people, confused, also looking around. What also strikes you as odd, is that inside, the Colosseum does not appear to be in any state of disarray or decay.

    "Turnnnn baaaack..." you hear the voice again. "Before it'ssss too late. He hasn't seeeeen youuu, turnnnn baaaack..." You stop what you're doing. Perhaps this might be biting off more than you can chew.

    What will you do?
    Alli sprang into the Colosseum, while dragging Pluto along behind her. The darkness inside the entrance hall quickly enveloped them, causing Alli's place to slow. The blackness made Alli nervous, and made it harder to navigate. Their pace was slowed further by the small relenting form of Pluto, who was being forcefully lugged along. That horrible feeling of being watched was growing stronger. Pluto found it suffocating, while Alli appeared not to notice, as she was only troubled by the darkness. From deep within the Colosseum, a distance cheer rang.

    "Do you hear something, Pluto?"
    Alli stopped. Pluto growled at an unseen presence.

    One voice spoke out from the crowd:
    "Turnnnn baaaack."

    Alli whirled around. She had heard that all too clearly. Where did that voice come from?
    "Before it'ssss too late, turnnn baaaack..."

    Alli quickly bent down to scoop up Pluto into her arms, as she always did as she was frightened. Pluto craftily dodged her and instead hopped up onto her shoulder. Him going ragdoll now wouldn't help either of them. Alli settled for this and put her hand up behind Pluto's back before proceeding. Noticing a small light ahead, she whispered to Pluto: "We'll just check that out, then get out of here, okay?" Her voice was shaking about as badly as her knees were, making Pluto wonder how long she would last before spontaneously darting like a frightened animal. The two continued forth precariously.

    At the end of the hallway, Alli peeked behind the doorway into the hypethral stadium and her eyes opened wide with wonder. It was packed with spectators, thousands and thousands of them, more than Alli could ever count. Pluto's jaw dropped. Just what was going on here? Alli had expected ghost to be translucent, and thought that they would maybe see only one or two of them, but here was a whole flock of beings that didn't look dead, but instead appeared to be just normal people. "I'll have to write down in my notes that ghost are much less ghost-like in appearance then I originally thought." She said to Pluto.

    Pluto was equally concerned. They had traveled though the Forgotten Ruins without noting sight nor sound of another person, and yet here was a whole bunch of them! Pluto's mind tried to deduce how that could be. Maybe there was only one person behind this farce, and these people were all projections? Pluto searched the stadium for any signs of a projector, but could not find one. He assured himself that this was probably only because he was too far away, but then, could a projector really display all these people in all those different locations at once? Wouldn't there need to be several projectors? And what if they weren't projections, what if they were instead holograms? Did holograms really exist, Pluto wonders, or was that just the stuff of fiction? Pluto wasn't sure, for although he tried to be as logical as possible, he was still rather young, and there was much about human technology that he did not know. Perhaps this was instead a movie set, Pluto though, and they had come here to film it for authenticity reasons. But Pluto couldn't find cameras, either, and although this could also be because they were too far away, Pluto still wondered why he and Alli hadn't noticed the actors around earlier. Pluto grumbled. Nothing about this made sense, and Pluto for one did not like it when things did not make sense.

    Alli, by contrast, never made sense, and simply stood in amazement at the scene out in front of them.

    In the center was a large monstrous creature shielded with spikes. Alli whipped out her Pokedex and tried to scan the creature, but nothing came up. Pluto assumed this was because it was too far away. Alli was sure that it was because this creature a specter. She tried to use her Pokedex again by searched through the "green" category:

    Tyranitar. The Armor Pokemon. Rock/Dark Type.

    "That's it. That's the one." She whispered to Pluto. Pluto watched intently. The Tyranitar stood in the center, awaiting order from its Trainer, who appeared to be behind him. On the ground appeared to be a shiny pile of rocks, until further inspection revealed that this, too, was a Pokemon. Alli searched her Pokedex through the "gray" section and came up with this:

    Steelix. The Iron Snake Pokemon. Steel/Ground Type.

    "That thing is huge Pluto! It's one of the largest Pokemon in the world!" Alli said as she read the information off of her Pokedex. She then noticed another trainer that approached the Steelix. "It must of lost to that Tyrana-thingie."

    "Will no one else face the great Katsuyori and his Tyranitar in battle?" Hollered a booming voice. Alli scanned the crowd, which looked concerned as they, too, gazed about for a new challenger. It was then that the two onlookers noticed the inside of the Colosseum was in perfect condition. It was as though time had stood still for this magical place.

    "Why doesn't the stadium look destroyed?" Alli asked Pluto. Pluto barked some type of noise that indicated his annoyance at the whole situation. "I thought we would only be able to see the ghost in our time, but instead I think we might be seeing them... As they were, back then. It's like we're looking into the past." Pluto didn't agree to any of this.

    "Turnnnn baaaack..." The eerie voice echoes again. "Before it'ssss too late. He hasn't seeeeen youuu, turnnnn baaaack..."
    Alli shuttered at the voice, which she could hear clearly over the crowd.

    "I-I think we should go." She mumbled, as she stepped back slightly. Pluto wouldn't stand for it. He had to know what was going on here. Pluto pounced off of Alli's shoulder and stepped through the doorway. Alli panicked and grabbed Pluto's arm, pulling him back in. Ducking behind the door frame, Alli hoped desperately that they had not been seen. "What are you doing?! What if they see us?!" Pluto snorted a response. "You can't fight a ghost. And even if you could, did you see that Tryana-majig? It was at least six times your size!" Pluto crossed his arms defiantly. "But what about the temple? You thought there might be treasure! Don't you want to go find the treasure?!" Pluto was at least impressed at this response. He always seemed to be manipulating Alli, and she never did seem to catch on, and yet here was a fairly good try and her trying to used said skills against him. Despite the attempt to sway Pluto, he had decided that the jewels would have to wait. Here was a mystery that he wanted to solve. If he didn't figure this mess out right now, he would never know what was really happening in these bizarre ruins, and besides that, Alli would go on for forever about there encounter with the ghosts. Pluto smirked proudly at his trainer, and nodded as though he agreed. Alli sighed in relief, but the second she went to step towards the exit, Pluto darted through her legs and ran out into the field. "...Gah! Pluto!" Alli dashed after him.

    And so Pluto stood confidently in the stadium field. He waited for a shout of "Cut," "Stop the cameras," or "Will someone get that Sableye off the set?" Perhaps the projections would fade, or the hologram would flicker. Anything could happen now, as long as it made some sense. Alli waddled in behind him, and looked up at that large Tryranitar that loomed over them.


    Profile
    Last edited by allishinca; 11th July 2012 at 7:58 PM.

  24. #299
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Mystic Jungle

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: Your battle seems to have come to a standstill with Volts and Surskit taking cover behind some of the waist-high rocks dotted throughout the cavern. Looking around the cavern you just can’t spot the Surskit. You briefly think to yourself.

    You come up with a plan to begin breaking up some of the rocks to see if you can reveal the Pond Skater. On your command, Volts creates a bag of toxic gunk like before, but this one is slightly smaller due to the speed at which it was created. Volts peeks over the rock to see if Surskit could be seen, and when it couldn’t, he hops on the rock and shoots the toxic bag at a rock in front of both of you. The bag collides with the rock, which causes a small explosion. You see a large portion of the rock is missing, now just dust and gravel on the ground. Volts looks frustrated that Surskit wasn’t revealed, but he realizes that the Gunk Shot was able to destroy the rock. Immediately he begins creating a second Gunk Shot to blow up another rock, but this one takes longer to create for the same smaller size. It seems Volts has used up the last of his Poison energy. This time Volts takes aim, and he throws the toxic gunk as far as he can. The Gunk Shot sails over a couple rocks and is about to hit a rock in the back of the room near the other wall when suddenly a stream of large bubbles flowing like a beam fly out from behind that rock. The bubbles hit the poisonous bag, and they are able to deflect the Gunk Shot enough for it to be redirected to a nearby rock, which in turn explodes from the collision.

    You and Volts can barely make it out, but the force from the explosion throws Surskit back a bit. Surskit immediately scurries behind another rock. Finally knowing its location, you send Volts over to fully reveal it. Volts runs out and while he runs his tail glows and becomes as hard as iron. He swings his tail like sledgehammer on the rock concealing the Surskit, which explodes fiercely, both the EleSquirrel and Pond Skater getting pelted with some shrapnel.

    With limited hiding places, Surskit gets on its feet, showing signs of wear. It jumps straight up in the air, spinning its body swiftly shooting star-shaped rays and quickly following that up with a stream of bubbles. The stars hit your Pachirisu, knocking him back a few feet. The bubbles also hit Volts and the ground around him, stirring up some dust clouding his vision and yours since you couldn’t see Surskit very well to begin with.

    You run over to the dust cloud and try to bat it away. Once it’s gone, you look around the cavern again. In the commotion it caused, Surskit seems to have ducked out of the exit that was near it. Something strikes you as odd. Why does the Surskit keep running out when it seems to have the upper hand?

    What will you do?
    As the battle went on Myrrh was glad that the rocks didn't seem to be much of an obstacle, though the Surskit still had an element of surprise. And while his partner was taking damage, at least the Surskit was taking some hits too. But once again the Surskit gets the advantage and is able to flee from battle.

    "Damn, ran off again. I was hoping it would end here, and to top it all off you can't use Gunk Shot anymore Volts. Though I wonder why it keeps running off?" Both sat there for a few short minutes to rest and decide what to do next and figure out Surskit's intentions.

    "It might be trying to lead us to something, but I doubt it since it keeps attacking us. It could just be toying around with us, but it might also be it's way of keeping us interested in it......Whatever the case, we aren't gonna just let it get away. Though I am a bit worried about you, you've taken some hits already and though Surskit also looks worn, it likely still put up a fight. Well, you seem to still be up for more, if you do happen to take enough of a beating I've got an Oran and Sitrus Berry in my pack just in case."

    Volts looked somewhat exhausted, but then Myrrh patted it's head and then picked it up and held Volts in his arms. A bit of the exhaustion expressed on Volts' face was replaced with a bit cheeriness.

    "Let's go after it, I'll carry you so you can rest, even if it's just for a little bit. Feel free to jump out of my arms if you notice something or need to attack."

    Volts let out a small cry to let Myrrh know it understood. And off they went again in search of the Surskit that was causing them so much annoyance. Myrrh headed toward the exit it took, but would try to be a bit more careful this time, for he was determined to not get caught in a surprise attack yet again......


  25. #300
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,499

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #7 (sorta)

    Charminions and TutorX, just for you. Enjoy.

    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: The lakeside battle continues on. The confused Qwilfish, not confused about its anger though, launches itself hoping to tackle Zoomer. Luckily for it, it fought through its confusion and like a wrecking ball, it crashes into Zoomer knocking him off his feet. Zoomer flies back a few feet and lands on the ground. Qwilfish shakes off the rest of its confusion, and proceeds to continue the battle.

    Zoomer gets back on his feet and prepares a counter attack. The horn on his head begins to flash, and a beam fires from it also flashing like his horn, like a traffic signal. The beam blasts Qwilfish for some damage, and it shakes its body again. The Balloon Pokemon inflates itself in order to launch a steady stream of bubbles like a beam at Zoomer. The bubbles knock Zoomer back for some good damage, but that's all they do. Zoomer immediately responds to Qwilfish's bubbles with creating a trap. But before anything can happen, Qwilfish shouts incredibly loudly, breaking Zoomer's concentration, astonishing him from performing his next attack. Zoomer shakes off the fright and begins to concentrate again. His horn glows a vibrant green, which summons some strands of grass to form a knot around Qwilfish locking it in place. Qwilfish struggles to move but the binding keeps it where it is snugly.

    "Now is your chance to attack it!" the boy yells from behind you.

    With some quick thinking, Qwilfish exhales the air it stored in its body, minimizing its body size, allowing it to escape from its grass binding. Once cleared, Qwilfish resumes its normal size. The Balloon Pokemon looks like it's even angrier now, and it seems to be planning something.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    Charminions: Pigkey’s brief absence turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because when she returned she brought you a Pecha Berry. You realize she did this, knowing that species is known for the possibility of having the ability, Poison Point. Osage returns to the fray after ingesting the berry, and it starts to take effect.

    On your command Osage inhales a lot of air to fill his lungs. He exhales immediately after blowing frosty air at Nidoran. Within his breath is small shards of ice which pelt the Poison Pin Pokémon for strong damage. She steps back and shakes herself off recovering relatively quickly. At the same time Pigkey charges in with her fist charged with electricity. With a thunderous boom, the Mankey punches Nidoran, and she falls back a few yards.

    Not willing to give up the Poison Pin Pokemon plots revenge. As Osage charges his Ice energy, and before Pigkey can spring into action, she retaliates. Without needing any charge time, Pigkey jumps at Nidoran paws ready to attack; but before that can happen, Nidoran speaks with a smile, “Nidoran, nido nido ran nido.” Whatever she said seems to have had some effect on Pigkey. She blushes at the flattery paid to her, and instead of attacking her, she attacks a nearby tree, swiping at it with fury. Turning her attention to Osage, she bats her eyes seductively and giggles. While Osage successfully launches a beam of ice energy, the attack isn’t as strong as it should be due to being captivated. The beam hits her and knocks her down again. A little patch of ice forms on her back, but it isn’t enough to completely immobilize her.

    Pigkey picks up another stone, and she attempts to smack Nidoran down. However, when she throws the stone it bounces off the larger rock it hit and hits her in the face, knocking her on her back. With Pigkey sufficiently distracted and confused, Nidoran concentrates her attacks on Osage once more. Charging in closer, Nidoran turns around lifts her hind legs, attempting to kick Osage with both legs for double the power.

    What will you do?

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •