Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Astoria - The Enchanted Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Dead Forest

Toxic Marsh

Missingno. Master

Was this trash-talking girl and her trash-spewing Garbodor really giving you a run for their money? Dang, it sure looked like it, what with Gemini taking tons of damage and paralysis locking him up so he couldn’t respond to it, but at least all these attacks were starting to take a toll on Teddie’s energy. You decide to start playing a little more defensively so you could stand up to Teddie’s attacks and tire him out. Teddie begins the round, confident Gemini won’t be able to do anything other than sit there, so he takes the moment to Stockpile some more muck into his body. And indeed, Gemini sits there unable to do anything; despite his best efforts to get a Smokescreen going, the paralysis seems unwilling to let him prove his worth. It just didn’t trust him at the time. Now that Teddie had some more bulk to him, he jumps up again, though not as high as before, and his Body came crashing into Gemini again, Slamming the chances of you winning further into the ground while your Weezing found himself again paralyzed, unable to dodge the attack at all. But he does get off a Screech attack which hits Teddie close up and seriously lower his Defense. Now he was getting somewhere. But Teddie would quash that with a Psychic attack which, to your horror, lifted Gemini up then tossed him into a nearby tree, forcing him to grimace in pain from all the damage he was taking. Still, he would try to end the round on a somewhat positive note by attempting another Rock Tomb. But oh, not again, that paralysis was about to cost you the battle!

“SALLY!!” You suddenly hear a voice explode from behind your opponent, and you look past her to see an overweight man storming onto the scene, with the typical redneck style clothing of a large T-shirt and jeans, with a cap to match. “Dagnabit, daughter, what’d I tell you ‘bout usin’ Teddie to battle everybody ‘t crosses by our place wrong!?”

Sally was quickly losing the fire she had throughout the battle. “Only in dire need of emergency…” she says quietly.

“That’s darn right!! And now look, you’ve plumb worn out Teddie tryin’ to shake yer britches like one a them Aipom does! Y’all know we need you and him to be at yer top in case somethin’ bad happens; you’re the best battler of us, even me and ma, so we gots ta count on ya to come through if’n we need it!”

“Sorry, pa…”

“Now get yer butt on down into the house, supper’s gonna be ready in ten. An’ please… fer me… behave while yer cousin’s here,” he finished before turning to you. “Boy, I’m sorry fer my daughter’s bein’ brash an’ all, she tends to think she’s the best around these parts—which she might be—so she likes to flaunt that in front of total strangers, ‘specially if’n they got Poison-types like your Weezin’ thar. I’d like to make it up to ya, so yer welcome ta come stay with us for supper, if ya want. We can even help get your Weezin’ back ta full gas ‘n everything!”

What will Keith do?
    [/size]
    Keith was starting to sweat now- his strategy may have been sound, but rare was the case of paralysis that was accommodating to one's strategy. This was no exception. Screech was the only move Gemini had been able to fire off, the paralysis fouled up his efforts to get a SmokeScreen going, as well as his Rock Tomb. Things were indeed looking dire- until an overweight man who quickly reveals himself to be Sally's father arrived on the scene, that is, yelling at his daughter for her over-eagerness to use her Garbodor in battle. It seemed as though Sally was the best trainer in her family, so her Pokemon needed to be in top shape all the time in case of an emergency. At that point, the man turned to face Keith, apologized for his daughter's actions, and invited him to supper.

"It's OK," Keith replied to the apology. "I didn't mind at all. And I'd be happy to stay for supper. Gemini, how about you?"

"Weezing," Gemini's heads groaned simultaneously, though they nodded all the same. The Weezing seemed to be having a little trouble rising back into the air, presumably due to the Garbodor's Smack Down, though Keith suspected the paralysis and general battle injuries were at least partly to blame.

"All right, Gemini, how about you take a rest in your Poke Ball for now?" Keith suggested. "You battled great, you deserve a rest."

"Weezing weez," replied Gemini, nodding again as Keith withdrew his Weezing to its Poke Ball.

"As I was saying, I'd be glad to join you for supper," Keith said to the man.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Prologue up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Yay monthly updates! =D

Dead Forest

The Burial Ground

Marion Ette

Now that you had some historical background on Dead Forest, courtesy of three Ghost Pokemon who lived here as humans, it was now time to discover the science behind the “magic”. How exactly did the two sisters’ spells affect the forest so badly? And what was with all of the poison? You needed answers, and you would likely get them from the samples you collected.

Sure, I can take you to where your tools are myself!” Priscilla says as her face lit up. She seemed pretty interested in how you would use such gadgets to look at your samples. And so, she leads you further into the cave, where you were assured your equipment was safe and sound; Katia was stopped by Rowena, indicating both the Gastly and the Haunter would keep watch and tend to Sangre. On the way, you asked if there was anything interesting she should look for. Priscilla had to think for a moment, but she eventually answered: “Well, it was really interesting, k? Since I’m a Misdreavus now, I can pass through walls and the ground, right? Okay, so I looked into the earth once, and I saw this weird stuff, like what you’ve got in your jars, right? Thing is, it moved right in front of my eyes… none of my other sisters were there, so there wasn’t any necromancy magic acting on it. It’s like it… moved on its own, k? Hard to believe, right?” You shaking your head with a grimace conveys your skepticism easily.

She then answers your next question with less of a pause: “Yes, well, we looked up the spell Maura and Anastasia were using, right, and from what we could figure out it takes a certain element from the soil—I think you mortals would call it ‘carbon’, right?—and uses that to create the vessel for the spirit you want to put into it. The problem is that it takes a huge amount of the substance in order for the spell to work, kay; we think the only reason this land isn’t completely devoid of life now is because it was so rich before it became corrupted like this.” OK, so that made sense to you; what didn’t make sense was how the sludge was able to move on its own, though, again, you’d need the samples to get anywhere in your research. Fortunately, Priscilla says, “Well, we’re here,” and you look with your flashlight to see that all your equipment was there, safe and sound and in good working order. It was time to begin your research! Or, I’m sorry… maybe you had more questions that needed answering?

What will Marion do?

Marion bows and thanks Rowena and Katia for looking over her friend, and follows the Misdreavus as she is led to her research materials. The trainer nods as Priscilla explains the role of carbon in stripping the soil of its life. She wasn't as sure about the soil "moving" on its own... After all, could it simply be that there was an organism moving within the soil as opposed to the soil itself? A bit of microscopy should hopefully resolve the matter...

Marion immediately gets to work testing the soil samples. She carefully uncaps one of the samples and gently places a meter inside, which is used to measure the pH level and water content of the soil, as well as the concentrations of nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus. With pliers, she teases out a tiny bit of the soil to be placed on a slide and examined under a microscope before recapping the sample tightly and placing it back on the table. As she goes about these procedures, she talks to Priscilla, not wanting her to feel ignored; "Pardon my inquiries, but how does one learn necromancy spells in the first place? Is it through books, or through hearing them? How is the learning conveyed?" Marion peers into the ocular lens of the microscope as she asks this question, hoping that the magnification might answer some questions about these strange samples.

[FB || PASBL]

Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 14

OK, last batch of updates for the month! After this I won't be working on any updates until Thanksgiving so I can devote more time to schoolwork, which gives the rest of you ample time to reply to your current update. Also, since Coolz is effectively done with his adventure (though he still has a zone capture he needs to snap up), I hereby welcome Meetan to my group! Hopefully, I can make your adventure enjoyable! =D

The Divine Woodland

Diamond Lake

Meetan – You were appalled that this Surskit you were trying to save would have the nerve to attack your poor Swinub like that, and you were further incited when you saw the villainous Swellow take immense pleasure in watching these developments unfold. You had to convince the little water strider that you and Swinub were trying to help, so you try offering it some berries, maybe Pokeblocks or Poffins, but Surskit suddenly lashes out in further fear with another Bubblebeam against you, forcing you onto your seat as it glided across the lake soon after. Meanwhile, Swinub tries to get Swellow’s attention solely based on his alluring Charms, but Swellow stays focused on its prey; this was the moment it was waiting for. It swoops in fast despite the drop in speed it took from the Icy Wind earlier and gives the Surskit no chance to escape as it Plucks the Bug-type from the water with its talons, dealing heavy damage to Surskit based on the sheer speed at which it was grabbed alone, not to mention the advantage in type and level.

Surskit then tries another Bubblebeam to defend itself, but it couldn’t get itself into position to attack Swellow at all and was therefore helpless. Well, not entirely helpless; Swellow had to fly your way before it ascended again, so Swinub had one good chance to stop the bird. Swinub would take that chance by blowing out a white Powder which hits both Pokemon and freezes them! Thanks to that flurry of Snow, Swellow and Surskit get encased within a solid block of ice and crash into the ground nearby. Neither Pokemon thaws out, so Swinub takes this opportunity and Slaps some Mud on Swellow’s side of the ice, packing it so the mud would get all over the bird once it thawed out and make it difficult to fly high enough to get away from you. Fortunately, Swellow doesn’t break free from the ice yet, though it still had Surskit in its grasp while frozen, and Surskit was looking pretty injured.

What will Alice do?

Magus Falls

Kaisap112 – {Your update is here.}

Eyrie Peak

Adventure Path

Flame Mistress – {REPOST}

Now that Narcissa has had some time to recharge, you switch her in for Serafina and hope she can fly you out of this Onix’s sleeping area. It was definitely high enough for an Onix to stand in, so you mount Narcissa and have her take you up to the ceiling so you could get the best vantage point, and- Oh great, the big lug’s blocked the entrance too! Worse still, you couldn’t see any other tunnels in here; if this guy made any other tunnels, you would’ve seen them.

Now what? Sigh, sorry, I guess you’ve got no choice but to wait it out. So, Narcissa quietly brings you back down to the ground, outside of the Rock Snake’s coils, and the two of you just… wait. You wile away the time by watching your brand new Skarmory preen her metallic wings, give your other Pokemon’s Pokeballs a good cleaning, etc. Occasionally, you hear rocks scraping against each other, and you look up to see that Onix’s boulder body has shifted around, but it still doesn’t look like it’ll be waking up any time soon. Despite Narcissa’s getting bored and wanting to pick a fight with Onix, you manage to hold her back and let it have its beauty sleep; you learned your lesson from Narcissa herself. So… you keep waiting… and waiting… and waiting.

Something rough brushes against your sleepy body, and you try to push it aside but find it unwilling to budge. This makes you slowly open your eyes from the good nap you had, and you wake up to find Onix’s face staring at you.

Wait, YOU WAKE UP TO FIND ONIX’S FACE STARING AT YOU!?!?!?

Not surprisingly, you scream in surprise and sit up with a jolt, and that’s what Narcissa wakes up to just now. She immediately jumps to your defense, squawking a warning to the resident of this cave, and this causes Onix to jump back in surprise itself. It seems pretty placid for an Onix; if you ask nicely, it might be willing to help you get out of the underground.

What will Charlotte do?

Posy Field

Jolteonjak & Son_of_Shadows – {Jolteonjak still needs to reply to the current update, which is here.}

Garden of Iris

Rainbow Pool

Coolz8 – {Your update is here.}

Dead Forest

Toxic Marsh

Ampharos_Dude – {Your update is here.}

Missingno. Master

Thanks to Sally’s dad, your inevitable loss to Sally Bullwinkle was fortunately averted, so now you could rest Gemini in his Pokeball, and you were also happy to accept the invitation to dinner. “Well, we’re happy ta have ya!” the man says. “Name’s Bocefus,” he introduces himself as he offers you a hand to shake, “though folks ‘round here call me Bo. I’m a Pokemon Breeder that specializes in Poison-types. Sally’s been learnin’ as well; she raised Teddie ever since he was a baby Trubbish born from one of our very own Garbodor here,” he says as he leads you into the yard… which doesn’t have much to see other than more swampy area and the dirt road leading to the one story brick house the Bullwinkles called home. You do take note of the shed that looks much larger than the house, presumably where this family’s Pokemon live. “Oh, ‘n we have our cousin visitin’ us, ‘n you might recognize her… try not to git starstruck, son,” Bo warns you with a grin.

He then leads you through the door, where a hat rack is the first thing to greet you; Bo puts his cap on the leftmost hook and asks you to do the same. “By the way, ya know yer wearin’ yer hat backwards, don’t ya?” he adds. Oops, you forgot about that! Anyway, after you set your hat on a hook, Bo takes you into the dining room where you see Sally and a couple of younger kids that look similar to her, and then you cast your gaze on the white-haired girl with freckles and a grunge outfit… Hm, I guess you just might recognize her, especially if you know your pop stars.

…I’ll give Keith a moment to react after seeing Roxie. What does he do, though?

The Burial Ground

Marion Ette

Now that you had your equipment it was time to get to work, and you start by preparing a small soil sample to undergo a microscopic scan. You also try multitasking a little by asking Priscilla about how necromancy is learned. “Well, the books say necromancy magic used to be taught by word-of-mouth and that only a select few people were privileged to learn it, see? Then, during the medieval era, the necromancers started to write down everything about the spells, including the materials required, the incantations, and the movements you needed to make, k? The writings were kept very secret since the general public felt it was evil magic, see, which it can be if used improperly or with the wrong motives. Since then, the writings have been passed down from generation to generation, k? So only a few families have access to the books, but anyone, if they study the books hard enough and practice them, can theoretically learn the spells, though it usually takes a few years for someone to learn even the simplest spells, right? We think it also takes an affinity towards necromancy, which I can see in you from the way you obviously love Ghost Pokemon.” she says to you before taking a wistful tone.

As for me, my sisters and I have been thirty years into the study, k, and I’ve only been able to do simple spells like reviving dead seeds or purifying water, right? Between my studies and my training to become a stronger Misdreavus, I’ve been very busy, and I haven’t gotten far in either, k? Even Katia has been able to get ahead of me by learning some more advanced spells, right? But I’m not going to give up, see!? Not if I want to surpass my mom and my sisters, right!?” she finishes with confidence in her dreams.

Meanwhile, you start to look closer at your first sample, and it doesn’t seem like anything is moving, even when you switch to the higher magnifications, so you try a slightly bigger sample each time, until… there it was! This sample definitely moved, even if only a tiny bit! You look closer, expecting some sort of new organism, but what you saw intrigued you even more than a possible new organism. This was obviously a cellular organism, but it looked… dead. The nuclei in the organisms in the soil were completely missing! How could they possibly function without nuclei? You look even closer and find the answer even more unusual. There was something in the center of these organisms after all, but it didn’t look organic in the least. It looked like… toxins. Poisons bound together in combinations you’ve never seen, and the strangest part about it? The layout of these toxins looked disturbingly like a nucleus normally would. You looked at bigger samples and samples taken from different locations around the Burial Grounds, and it was clear this toxin was in the entire cemetery. Maybe this was how Maura and Anastasia were able to control their Poison-type minions so effectively?

What will Marion do, armed with this knowledge?

Dead Forest

Toxic Marsh

Missingno. Master

Thanks to Sally’s dad, your inevitable loss to Sally Bullwinkle was fortunately averted, so now you could rest Gemini in his Pokeball, and you were also happy to accept the invitation to dinner. “Well, we’re happy ta have ya!” the man says. “Name’s Bocefus,” he introduces himself as he offers you a hand to shake, “though folks ‘round here call me Bo. I’m a Pokemon Breeder that specializes in Poison-types. Sally’s been learnin’ as well; she raised Teddie ever since he was a baby Trubbish born from one of our very own Garbodor here,” he says as he leads you into the yard… which doesn’t have much to see other than more swampy area and the dirt road leading to the one story brick house the Bullwinkles called home. You do take note of the shed that looks much larger than the house, presumably where this family’s Pokemon live. “Oh, ‘n we have our cousin visitin’ us, ‘n you might recognize her… try not to git starstruck, son,” Bo warns you with a grin.

He then leads you through the door, where a hat rack is the first thing to greet you; Bo puts his cap on the leftmost hook and asks you to do the same. “By the way, ya know yer wearin’ yer hat backwards, don’t ya?” he adds. Oops, you forgot about that! Anyway, after you set your hat on a hook, Bo takes you into the dining room where you see Sally and a couple of younger kids that look similar to her, and then you cast your gaze on the white-haired girl with freckles and a grunge outfit… Hm, I guess you just might recognize her, especially if you know your pop stars.

…I’ll give Keith a moment to react after seeing Roxie. What does he do, though?
    Keith shook the offered hand as the man introduced himself as Bocefus, a breeder who specialized in Poison-types. He was warming up to this family already. As they made their way into the Bullwinkles' yard, Bo added that they had their cousin visiting them and warned Keith to not get starstruck. Keith vaguely wondered who thier cousin could be, and barely registered Bo's remark on how his hat was still on backwards. He forgot about that... Keith hung his hat up, and then was led into the dining room, where he saw Sally, some younger kids who looked like her, and then... and then...

OH. MY. ARCEUS.

Keith made an effort to not stare, but it was difficult; it was Roxie. THE Roxie, the ultra-talented, insanely awesome, and really, really cute pop star, the Poison-type specialist, the leader of the Virbank City Pokemon Gym in Unova, and she was here, in the flesh, and Keith was in the same room as her and he had dreamed of meeting her someday after first seeing her and watching her battle and listening to her play and this was actually happening, this was ACTUALLY HAPPENING. Bo's warnings about getting starstruck resounded in Keith's head. and now they made perfect sense. But could Keith heed the warning? Even with the advance warning suggesting that their cousin was a celebrity, the sudden presence of none other than the talented and awesome Roxie threw Keith for a loop. Nevertheless, with a valiant effort, he regained his composure. "Hi," he said to everyone in the room, now dearly hoping he didn't sound awkward somehow or something like that. "I'm Keith. Nice to meet you all," he continued. He sounded casual, right? Right?? The last thing, the very last thing he wanted was to look like a fool in front of Roxie. His mind vaguely registered the notion that he should sit down, but he waited to be offered a seat, not wanting to be rude.

OOC: This update is officially awesome!!!

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

OK, last batch of updates for the month! After this I won't be working on any updates until Thanksgiving so I can devote more time to schoolwork, which gives the rest of you ample time to reply to your current update. Also, since Coolz is effectively done with his adventure (though he still has a zone capture he needs to snap up), I hereby welcome Meetan to my group! Hopefully, I can make your adventure enjoyable! =D

The Divine Woodland

Diamond Lake

Meetan – You were appalled that this Surskit you were trying to save would have the nerve to attack your poor Swinub like that, and you were further incited when you saw the villainous Swellow take immense pleasure in watching these developments unfold. You had to convince the little water strider that you and Swinub were trying to help, so you try offering it some berries, maybe Pokeblocks or Poffins, but Surskit suddenly lashes out in further fear with another Bubblebeam against you, forcing you onto your seat as it glided across the lake soon after. Meanwhile, Swinub tries to get Swellow’s attention solely based on his alluring Charms, but Swellow stays focused on its prey; this was the moment it was waiting for. It swoops in fast despite the drop in speed it took from the Icy Wind earlier and gives the Surskit no chance to escape as it Plucks the Bug-type from the water with its talons, dealing heavy damage to Surskit based on the sheer speed at which it was grabbed alone, not to mention the advantage in type and level.

Surskit then tries another Bubblebeam to defend itself, but it couldn’t get itself into position to attack Swellow at all and was therefore helpless. Well, not entirely helpless; Swellow had to fly your way before it ascended again, so Swinub had one good chance to stop the bird. Swinub would take that chance by blowing out a white Powder which hits both Pokemon and freezes them! Thanks to that flurry of Snow, Swellow and Surskit get encased within a solid block of ice and crash into the ground nearby. Neither Pokemon thaws out, so Swinub takes this opportunity and Slaps some Mud on Swellow’s side of the ice, packing it so the mud would get all over the bird once it thawed out and make it difficult to fly high enough to get away from you. Fortunately, Swellow doesn’t break free from the ice yet, though it still had Surskit in its grasp while frozen, and Surskit was looking pretty injured.

What will Alice do?

((Omg, Astorian adventure, finally! Marry me.))

Alice rubs her eyes, swearing under her breath as she falls back onto her bum, annoyed that the Surskit had once again rejected her. She felt even worse seeing that this rejection meant Swellow had effectively caught its meal, swiping the skater up its claws. Even when Swinub was perhaps too good at his job - freezing the pair of them - the bird didn't let it go.

"We'll make it so that once Swellow thaws out, there's no way it's getting away from us!" The girl decided after a short silence, taking the ruthless approach. She wasn't sure how to melt the ice without still losing the hurt Surskit, so maybe this was the best way. "Use Bite and two Mud Bombs on the Swellow, Swinub! That might shatter the ice and cause some injury! Try to be careful of Surskit, though, will you?"

((Stats.))

Oooh, an extra helping of update! Hard to believe I'm that generous, huh? Just a reminder for combat rules: you can use up to two attacks per Pokemon per round, or if it's one on one you can use three attacks per round. Using an item counts as a move, but Pokemon will automatically use any items they hold without spending a move.

Garden of Iris

Rainbow Pool

Coolz8 – {By the way, you need to claim Trick’s level-up in the reply he gained it and link to that post, not my update.}

As Trick takes a much needed rest after such a harrowing ordeal, you wonder what Palace Maven Spenser is doing out here; Leah said she lived alone, so what was going on?

“I do, but my grandfather visits from time to time,” Leah explains. “You see, some of the medicines I make are valuable and are very difficult to make anywhere else, particularly because they need the Rainbow Flower. Grandfather takes special care when delivering my medicines that I refuse to entrust them to anyone else. Oh, I almost forgot!” she suddenly says. “Please Vespiquen, I need those Rainbow Flowers in order to make an important medicine! You must understand, it helps save lives! Please…” she says as she drops to her hands and knees, either out of pain or out of pleading, or both maybe. Vespiquen looks at the young woman for a few moments, as if she was trying to see her intentions were truthful and honest. “Kin!” she motions towards the Combee servants behind her, and four of the Combee fly back, presumably to retrieve the flowers.
    Meanwhile, Vespiquen’s offer of the female Combee you detained inside a Pokeball was too good to pass up for you. Leah then remarks, “Now that I think about it, that female Combee Frinth battled acted peculiarly, like it was disobeying Vespiquen…”

“Ah, now it all makes sense!” Spenser concludes. “I should explain: Vespiquen tend to keep any male Combee they birth within the hive, and they remain loyal to Vespiquen throughout their lives. However, female Combee may sometimes resist the collective lifestyle and are forced out of the hive in order for the Vespiquen to avoid rebellion and quash any would-be usurpers. Those female Combee usually move somewhere else and start new hives. Vespiquen probably realized Combee was starting to act independent of the hive’s will and that it was no longer worth trying to take her back. Besides that, she must also sense the love you have for your Treecko as much as I do and trusts you will raise her well.”

With this in mind, you are even more eager to accept the offer and take the Pokeball from Vespiquen’s hand. Perhaps with your help this Lv. 5 Female Combee will someday become an embodiment of royalty herself.

Suddenly, the four Combee return… not with flowers, but a multicolored syrupy substance inside a honeycomb. “What is this?” Leah asked, confused.

“I’m not sure,” Spenser replies, “but I think it might be some sort of honey made from the nectar of the Rainbow Flower!”

Leah walks over to the honey and takes a small sample. “Oh my, it tastes just like the Rainbow Flower! It must be Rainbow Honey! Come, Frinth, have a taste!”

You then dip a finger in it and taste it for yourself… Words could not describe the taste in your mouth at that moment. You instantly felt invigorated, and any pain you may have felt from the battle had already melted away. Then, it was Trick’s turn to taste it as you dip your finger again and let Trick suck on it. He instantly wakes up and coos happily before hugging you, knowing he had helped you win the battle.

“Grandfather, do you know what this means?” Leah asks Spenser. “I can improve my medicine and complete it much faster now that I have a purer form of the Rainbow Nectar!” Vespiquen then thrums something, which Spenser translates:

That honey will be sufficient for your needs for a long while; should you need more in the future, come to us, and we will again provide you for what we deem is sufficient. We will guard the flowers and nurture them; after all, they are the means of supplying our hive with this honey.

“Thank you so much!” Leah bows to Vespiquen before turning to you, “And thank you as well! Without you, I never would have been able to defeat the hive by myself. Grandfather, of course, would have been willing to help, but I didn’t know if he would come soon enough, so I thank you from the bottom of my heart!”

“Mm, you have indeed done admirably,” adds Spenser. “Should you challenge the Battle Frontier when your Pokemon are much stronger, I look forward to meeting you in battle.” You aren’t sure why, but you suddenly start to feel hazy, Spenser’s words becoming fainter, “I shall stay with Leah for a little while to make sure everything is taken care of for her, so you have no need to worry about her... Be safe in your journey…”

You suddenly wake up in the exact spot you were when you were put to sleep by that Roselia. A dream? Possibly, one you could remember so vividly… but as you try to pick yourself up from off of the garden you realize your hand grasped a Pokeball, and it didn’t feel like it was Trick’s. It felt like it was… buzzing inside. Yes… it had that Combee you captured… So it wasn’t a dream after all… Then what was in your other hand? You bring that hand towards your face, and you saw a single flower… one that looked like it had 20-30 colors on it at once…

{Well, here marks the end of your adventure! At this point, I leave you to do whatever you want; you can just end it here, you can explore Rainbow Pool more, if you want, or you can post an intro to another area—make sure you wrap this adventure up in your reply, though. Also, please realize that if you want to continue, you may have to wait since Jolteonjak and I have other people waiting for their turn in Astoria. If you do leave, I just want to say thank you for being a consistent player and replying to every update I’ve posted so far! It was also a lot of fun seeing your character experience random memories, and I’m interested in what you’ll do with that in other adventures you have in the future.

Hm? What’s that, did I forget something? Oh yeah, your zone capture! Congratulations on your first one, dude, and a Combee at that! This now unlocks the Egg House for you; make sure that when you post to collect your first egg, you have a link to your reply to this update in which you claim your new Pokemon. On a similar note, make sure you claim your new Combee in your reply before adding it to your party. Thanks! =) }
    Frinth took another quick glance at his palm, which reflected the day past unsure. He shortly reminisced on the other trainer, and he wondered why she placed him there, if what happened was not simply something subconsciously conjured.

He now had a Level 5 Female Combee.

"Come on out, Alternia." A bright flash of light split his vision, revealing a graceful hivebent pokemon hovering in the air.

He shortly searched for a wooden house in all directions, a vast panorama in his vision. He shortly gave up and stopped searching. He then called for his Citadel.

An elliptical blue portal appeared above him, and a giant frosted civilization materialised out of it. A holographic button lighted up on his left pointer. "Press to Transmaterialize. Radius of five meters modifiable."

"Well, Alternia, Welcome home." He smiled softly, and a painful memory shot through his "feels". after a click, all that was left was a teardrop sliding on a flower petal.

Eyrie Peak

Posy Field

Jolteonjak & Son_of_Shadows

The Battle of the Hives continues, and Joshua found his Munna trying to stay in the battle, but even if Queen Shiny didn’t attack, Steven would likely fall due to getting poisoned. Hoping to at least stop the poison, Joshua gives Steven a Pecha Berry and crosses his fingers, hoping the other Pokémon can protect him from the green Beedrill’s attacks. She notices what is happening, however, and realizes what an early knockout could do to your morale. She tries to Pursue the chance, but Heracross is there to interfere and block the attack with his Iron Defense. Then Aegis is unexpectedly the first Pokémon to bring the heat and bathe his arms in flames. Queen Shiny could barely get away from Heracross only to get caught in the Crossfire taking some nice damage from that attack, but avoiding the burn. Aegis almost put too much into the attack, however, and barely avoided a burn of his own as he took some damage from the flames. He’s also fortunate enough to land back in his previous spot and avoid getting poisoned from the Toxic Spikes on the ground! Shame he couldn’t expect the stray Poison Sting from another Beedrill because that attack would poison him and begin to eat away at his health.

Then Queen Shiny completely succumbs to the effects of Yawn and slowly falls to the ground asleep. It looked like she’d be asleep for some time; this was a big break for you! Plenty of time for Wooper to recall how Steven did his Psybeam attack so he’d be able to Mimic the move later on, and plenty of time for Steven to eat the Pecha Berry and be cured of the poisoning. Wooper was a little jealous of Steven, however, since he still had to suffer through his poisoning. Suddenly, another stray Poison Sting attack nicks Steven in the side… and it unfortunately shoots more poison into his system than he is able to fight off and takes his consciousness away from him. Joshua tries to rush to his side, but a spare Beedrill guard was quicker and snatches him up, carrying him back to where Karrablast and Teddiursa were.

Now the stakes were even higher as Joshua’s Munna would also be a spoil of war if you and the Beedrill swarm lost here. Fortunately, the queen was still too busy with her afternoon nap to attack, so you had a chance to get a lot of solid hits in before she woke up. Heracross would start the onslaught by flying in for an Aerial Ace, dealing some nice damage to the Shiny Beedrill, but more importantly staying in the air where the Toxic Spikes can’t get to him. Then it’s Aegis to throw some Muddy Water at the queen, but wait… ohhhh oh man, Aegis doesn’t feel so good… You turn away in disgust as he tosses his cookies instead of a Muddy Water attack, feeling the poison get to him in that moment for some strange reason. The little Squirtle apologizes in embarrassment and is about to try and kick it away, but you stop him for your sake and everyone else’s. You also couldn’t help but feel for him as another stray Poison Sting attack hits him for some minor damage.

Thankfully, Queen Shiny isn’t awoken by this disturbing turn of events, so Wooper can try for an Ice Punch attack on her, but trying to punch something with a tail can be pretty difficult, so he only gets a small hit on her… it’s times like this when he wishes he were a Quagsire. It’s also times like this when he wishes he wasn’t poisoned because… yeah, he’s losing some more health to it.

Dang, that last round was pretty lackluster, you couldn’t capitalize on Beedrill’s nap as much as you wanted to, but, aside from Steven’s early exit from this battle and the Water Pokémon dealing with poison, your other Pokémon are still looking pretty well off, with energy reserves ranging from about 60-75% and health from 75-95%. Also, despite your mishaps, you’ve taken out a third of Queen Shiny’s total health, she was still sleeping—though you didn’t know for how much longer—and Joshua could still call on another Pokémon to help out the cause.

What will Chad and Joshua do?
    =====

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
    Things quickly went from bad to worse, as per usual in Joshua's adventures. Even the Pecha Berry couldn't save Steven from a knockout, and before Joshua could get to him, another Beedrill had snatched him up. Great, first one of them took a potshot at Steven and Aegis (what a cheap shot) and now he was the spoils of war. Aegis also seemed badly affected by his poison. He'd thrown up rather than attacking, and now that he had been unable to help Steven... He felt like he was letting Joshua down. He tried to reassure him, but really, it had done no good.

Aegis. Named for the shield of Zeus - a weapon used to protect oneself and others. And yet he had been unable to protect the Munna. His friend, his companion, his teammate. It burned inside the Squirtle, despite his usually relaxed nature. He would protect Steven, and he would protect his trainer too. And that meant defeating this Queen Beedrill. Was he strong enough? Perhaps not in his current form...

And so he began to glow bright white.

Joshua was taken aback. "Could it be...?" Aegis grew in size, his skin was turning a darker blue, and his ears became long and pointed. The most noticeable difference though, was the long, flowing tail that grew from his back end, which looked like the crashing foam of a wave. Aegis had evolved from a Squirtle into a Wartortle. Joshua laughed maniacally. He knew Aegis had been close to evolution, but he'd had no idea how close! "Aegis! You beauty! Oh man, we'll hug it out later, but for now, we have a job to do - catch!" called Joshua, throwing the Wartortle a second Pecha Berry from his bag.

He knew Aegis couldn't do it alone though, and reluctantly moved for a second Pokéball - Bishop was still tired, Cloudy was in the PC, and Voltron and Poliwag were still in Daycare. His only other Pokémon was Livewire the Stunfisk, who was vulnerable to the Toxic Spikes... But it was still his best shot. "Livewire, I choose you!" The dab appeared in a flash of light, next to Aegis, and was visibly shocked at his new appearance.

"Fisk-stu?!"

"War. Tort."

"... Get it together boys! Livewire, blast the queen Beedrill with your best Scald attack, and follow up with an Earth Power! Aegis, if you can go for another Crossfire, hit her with all you've got - if not, just try your Bite and Muddy Water attacks!"[/size]

Things seemed to be getting worse for the pair of trainers. Half of their team was poisoned, and they lost a powerful psychic. Were things turning around though? Aegis suddenly evolved into Wartortle. Chad sighed a little in relief; hopefully Aegis’ newfound power would help them out.

He could tell the Pokémon felt a little trapped with the Toxic Spikes scattered all around them. “Joshua, your Wartortle didn’t happen to learn Rapid Spin, did he?” Chad asked innocently. ‘There has to be a way to get rid of these spikes,’ Chad thought to himself. He looked at his Pokémon. ‘Wooper can’t move far, and Heracross must be getting tired flying around. What can I do?’ He thought for a moment.

“Wooper, you use Scald on Queen Shiny with Livewire. Maybe both of you can burn her. Next follow up with your mimicked Psybeam.”

“Pa!” Wooper nodded and went back into the fray.

“Heracross, watch the Queen. If you can get a shot in while she’s still asleep, use Stone Edge. Otherwise get in close and use Rock Smash. Then while you’re in there use Chip Away.” Heracross saluted and hovered by preparing for the next round.

“Wooper keep it up a little longer! If we can get rid of those spikes I’ll cure your poison.”

Stats
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Dead Forest

Toxic Marsh

Ampharos_Dude

Your first… uh, real battle (you pretended that battle with the Toxicroak never happened) was starting out unconventionally since you had to first get your opponent off of its high ledge… or, well, pipes, in this case. So you needed an unconventional tactic to start off, and you got one! You bring out your Cherubi and Venipede, discuss the strategy, and now all you had to do was hope it paid off. Venipede starts by Curling up into a ball to Defend himself against Cherubi’s incoming Tackle attack. Cherubi then rams into the “ball” and sends Venipede flying, bouncing him off the wall and up to where the Zigzagoon was. However, the attack missed its mark, whizzing past the raccoon close enough to spook it, though it didn’t fall down just yet. Instead, he stood his ground and started Growling as a warning. Everyone’s Attack power suffered as they grew nervous, but Venipede was still bouncing around! This time, a lucky bounce sent him straight into Zigzagoon’s side, knocking it off the pipes and onto the floor! It didn’t do a whole lot of damage, but now your quarry was on your level where you and your Pokemon could battle it!

Meanwhile, you could hear some commotion coming from upstairs. Hm, sounds like Squirtleman and Louie have found the other Zigzagoon! You then pay particular attention to Louie’s next comment: “Ronnie, look out! The mom’s here!” Mom!? Crud. You were now pressured to finish up this battle before you came face to face with a Pokemon who would most likely rip you and your Pokemon apart for damaging her babies!

Fortunately, the mother was busy keeping the other two babies safe from the Squirtleman while you were down here, ALONE, with her third kid, but how long would that last?

What will Shiro do?

Shiro followed the flying Venipede enthusiastically, but sighed when he missed. The quick growling of the Zigzagoon surprised him, and even though it shouldn't be physically possible, Shiro thought that his own attack fell down too.
    Suddenly, however, Venipede bounced again, and sent the Zigzagoon down to the floor. Shiro jumped a little, and quickly pointed the Zigzagoon with his right pointer finger.

"Cherubi, go! Tackle the Zigzagoon, and try your best to evade his attacks! If you can, strike a combo with another Tackle!" Shiro shouted, smiling for his luck turning into a good direction.
    He also returned Venipede, still bouncing, back to his pokeball, as he didn't want to get hit by one of the bounces.

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Augur's Temple: An old, abandoned temple. Unidentified symbols line its walls, floors, and ceilings which has attracted the attention of scholars worldwide. Island natives whisper of ancient secrets laying dormant within, but none dare enter its hallowed halls.
    A Jolteon was bounding from side to side in front of his trainer. Leaping from shrub to tree and back again. Occasionally the Jolteon would run forward and look back at his trainer with his head tilted as if to urge him to move faster, only to be distracted by a branch moving in the wind or a leaf falling from a tree top. Of course that was pretty standard behaviour for Zeph. When he stopped moving is when Auric knew something was up.

The divine woodlands were quite beautiful early in the morning. Birds chirping in the canopy, and gentle winds softly brushing the tree tops. The sun light danced on the ground between the shadows of the trees. When they’d first set off that morning there were quite a few trainers out on the trails but the further they ventured the fewer they came across. In fact they hadn’t seen another trainer for nearly an hour now.

Grabbing a stick off the ground, Auric tossed it with all his strength into the distance. Without missing a beat Zeph bolted after it at full speed. Auric laughed to himself and shook his head. 'One track mind when there‘s something to be chased' he thought to himself. It took less than a minute for the Jolteon to come prancing back to his trainer with the stick proudly in his mouth. As soon as he was back he dropped the stick and began to bound back and forth in front of Auric.

“Man you never run out of energy do you? Fine one more but this is the last one Zeph. I swear to god you‘re going to wear out my shoulder again.” Auric said grabbing the stick off the ground. Taking a bit of a running start, Auric threw the stick even further than the first throw, losing it behind some trees in front of them. Not that it would matter to Zeph. He’d find that damn stick if he had to run through hell and back. While Zephyrus was older than he used to be, his personality hasn’t changed much over the years. He always seemed to have endless energy and rarely thought more than a few moments into the future. It used to wear Auric out, but now he found it slightly reassuring. Crazy and dependable, a force of nature.

Continuing forward Auric looked at the denseness of the forest around him and realised that they had ventured fairly deep into the woods. The canopy was thicker, the brush was wild, and the trees were starting to tower over him. Suddenly he heard a bark in the distance, Zephyrus‘s bark. Now it was Auric’s turn to run. Holding his hood over his face to shield it he ran into the woods towards the bark. It was a steady bark, repeating over and over. ‘Joollt! Jolt! Joooolt…’. The branches were whipping him as he sped through the brush.

Then the shadows began to break around him and Auric burst into a clearing sliding on the dew laden grass. Slightly frantic he looked around and saw his Jolteon sitting in some grass, stick at his feet, barking at a strange structure in the middle of the clearing. Running over to him Auric patted his head to calm him down and then turned to look at the source of all this commotion.

“What did you find now Zeph? I send you after a stick and you find this.” Auric asked looking down. Zeph just panted and tilted his head letting his tongue hang out of his mouth. Auric wasn't sure what he was looking at except that it was very old. The weather had worn the walls and moss was clinging to it. Taking a few steps forward he looked back to his friend. “Well come on, lets take a look around. But stay close please. Otherwise you’re going back in your Pokeball. I don‘t want a repeat of the coffee house incident.” Auric muttered as he walked closer to the temple. Zeph whimpered a little, picked up his stick and followed behind his trainer.

OOC: If anyone has room to update me in their group I would be incredibly grateful. If the zone is too full just let me know and I can re-post later when there’s a zone opening.

Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 15

All right, hope you guys had a happy Thanksgiving! Here's another thing those of you who have replied can be grateful for... updates! Flame Mistress... is sadly back into inactivity again, apparently, so her adventure is put on hold again. I'll wait until you reply, FM, before I bring you back into my list. Also, I'll try to do an end-of-the-month update, so if you get your reply done within the next 48 hours I'll try to update you again!

@Trepie: Sorry, but we're full at the moment, so you're better off reposting your intro later on. Thanks for understanding!

The Divine Woodland

Diamond Lake

Meetan – {Sorry, but I've already got a girlfriend! }

You and Swinub couldn’t help but think you overdid it as you were left with a Swellow holding a Surskit snack, both encased within a block of ice. Hopefully your next round of attacks would only hurt the Swellow and thaw out Surskit at the same time. So Swinub starts by using his short tusks to Bite through the ice and into Swellow’s torso area, though it took extra time and energy for Swinub to eat his way through the ice to get to Swellow. This also started to form cracks in the ice, so it would be a little easier for Surskit and easier for Swellow to break through, but Surskit still couldn’t move enough to break free. Swellow could, however, after receiving such a painful Bite to its torso, and its head was finally freed from the ice, though its wings and legs were still too frozen to move. The Mud-Slap attack from earlier gets into Swellow’s face, and even though it did negligent damage it still got into the bird’s eyes, so its vision would be impaired slightly. Swellow could see that Swinub was close enough to its head, however, and starts Pecking at his back, though it couldn’t put as much power into the attack as it would normally do due to the rest of its body being Frozen. Swinub squeals with pain, however, and backs off to start slinging Mud Bombs at Swellow’s face. His first one, however, was slightly off and only caught Swellow’s beak… not much damage there. Surskit still can’t break free, either from the ice, or from the predator’s talons, but Swellow is doing a great job at thawing itself loose as it Pecks the ice formed on its wings and broke them loose. Its legs were still frozen, however, and there was still too much ice weighing it down to fly, so Swinub took the chance and threw another Mud Bomb at it to keep things under control. This time, it hits a wing and makes it more difficult for Swellow to fly away even if it breaks loose from the ice. Surskit’s body just now starts to see signs of thawing, though only one pair of its legs are remotely close to being free. Swellow, however, has broken free of the ice save its feet, still holding Surskit tightly in its grip.

What will Alice do?

Magus Falls

Kaisap112 – {Your update is here. A word of warning to you: if you don't reply by the time I start updating next month, I will put your adventure on hold too.}

Eyrie Peak

Posy Field

Last round was a total disaster for Joshua as he had lost Steven, his Munna, to the Beedrill onslaught, and all Aegis could do was throw up from the poison. He felt so powerless, only able to watch as one of his best friends was carried over to the other prisoners. So weak! He didn’t want to be that weak anymore… not when his friend’s life was on the line! Suddenly, his entire body glowed with a white light as he was changed from a small Squirtle to the more regal form of a Wartortle! Oh, how evolution can change things! Half of the health and energy he had lost had been regained as a result, and Joshua’s next Pokemon, a Stunfisk named Livewire, was determined to help Aegis get their friend back… although, Livewire would come out right onto the Toxic Spikes and get himself Poisoned first.

Queen Shiny was still Asleep at this time, so this gave Chad’s Heracross a prime opportunity. Using the rest of his Rock energy, he tried another Stone Edge attack in an effort to deal a huge amount of damage on the queen. The attack was slightly off, however, and the sleeping queen was only hit by half of the rocks thrown at her, though they did still deal some good damage. Meanwhile, Joshua had plenty of time to throw Aegis a Pecha Berry, and the Wartortle was able to enjoy the berry immensely as it wiped out the poisons he had in his system.
    The Shiny Beedrill was still asleep, but she looked like she would wake up soon, so… why not give her a rude awakening? That’s what the Ground-types were thinking, at least, as they went for a double Scald attack to see if either attack would put the burn on her… unfortunately, neither attack did a lot of damage, nor was she burned, but her health was brought down below half at this point, which was something the two fish could celebrate as the poison ate away at some of their health.

That got her attention, so she woke up, realizing that the Psychic-type was now among those captured; he would make a fine delicacy indeed. Next on the list was that upstart Wartortle… how dare he evolve in rebellion against Her Majesty! She would Endeavor to break his spirit soon enough as she flew in and slashed at Aegis’ shell leaving a nice crack in it as his health was brought down to the same percentage she currently had of her health. Yikes, that was a lot of damage! But Heracross would bring things back under your control as he started to get in with melee combat and Chip Away at Queen Shiny’s health further. While that was happening, Aegis was gathering up the last of his Fire energy into his arms and attacked her with the move, leaving a nice Cross mark on her torso and causing her to shriek in pain, though neither Pokemon received any burns.

However, this alerted the whole Swarm to the queen’s danger, so they were doing their best to finish off the resident swarm’s warriors in order to help defend their queen. Two of the soldier Beedrill nearby were able to see what was happening and started to fire off Poison Sting attacks toward Heracross and Aegis. Aegis was the only one of the two to get hit, and he thankfully avoided another poisoning, though the attack was dangerously close to hitting the crack in his shell. Suddenly, two blurs zoom behind you and attack the two enemy Beedrill… They were the two Beedrill you had met earlier! They needed to defend their own fragile queen while entrusting you to deal with the enemy queen, so they decided to join the fight and make sure you fought the queen uninterrupted.

But Queen Shiny was furious… she had less than a third of her health left, how could some random Pokemon bring her down to this level? Maybe she needed to focus on her Bug attacks more, and that’s what she does as she uses her Twineedle against Heracross. The added power was able to deal some significant damage to Heracross, though neither attack poisoned the stag beetle. Heracross’ fortified defenses couldn’t hide signs of him getting tired, though, so Livewire needed to pick up the slack and used the Power of the surrounding Earth in order to force it to erupt on the Beedrill and deal some more good damage. Just before Wooper attacked, you could see another Poison Sting attack come from behind you… and it didn’t hit your Pokemon… it hit Queen Shiny. You look from behind you and see the sick queen’s stinger pointed at the other queen; even she wanted to get in on the action! While it didn’t do much damage, it turns out it would do just enough as Wooper channeled the power he borrowed from Steven and let loose a Psybeam exactly how Steven did it and hit her square in the chest. Game… set… match… Queen Shiny couldn’t take any more damage, and, to the horror of her hive, fell down to the ground, knocked out from the last attack. Aegis, Livewire, Wooper, and Heracross each gain one level!

This sent the invading hive into an erratic frenzy! Without their queen to guide them, they had lost all coordination, and the elite of the invaders knew this. They order some of the Beedrill to pick up their queen and carry her out as they were forced to retreat… but three of the Beedrill were also each taking Steven, Teddiursa, and Karrablast with them! If you didn’t hurry, they would end up as Weedle chow!

Dead Forest

Toxic Marsh

Ampharos_Dude

The mama Linoone was here, ready to rip apart anyone that would dare to hurt her babies… but you were too focused on one of the baby Zigzagoon to worry about the mom, and besides the Squirtleman was on the job, you didn’t have a thing in the world to worry about… right?

“Whoo, she just took a swipe at Jell-O!” the Squirtleman says.

“Yeah, she took a swipe of Jell-O, you mean, now she’s got a big gash in her!” you could hear Louie reply

“Yeah, guess this means she’ll fight to the death ta protect: her babies!” says the Squirtleman, likely with a pose, but you weren't sure.

Anyway, with Venipede’s job done—getting the Zigzagoon down from the pipes—you recall him back to his Pokeball so he wouldn’t be bouncing around the basement anymore, and you let Cherubi handle this battle. Cherry stays in your arms, rooting for her fellow Grass-type as Cherubi and Zigzagoon Tackle into each other, both Pokemon taking slight damage, with Zigzagoon taking a little less. Zigzagoon takes the collision in stride as it Whips its Tail against Cherubi… clearly Cherubi didn’t expect that after the head-on collision they shared, so his defense was significantly lowered as he took only slight damage. Cherubi keeps on the pressure by Tackling into the Zigzagoon again, but Zigzagoon saw it and would try to Tackle it back. It’s Cherubi that gets the critical hit, though, and this collision results in the Zigzagoon yelping in pain as it jumped back and rubbed its sensitive temple. That may give you the advantage in this battle-

“Whoa, Mama Line’s runnin’ off somewhere!” you hear the Squirtleman say. Guess he nicknamed the mother “Mama Line”.

“The basement! Shiro, watch out, she’s comin’, we’ll try ta draw her away!” you hear Louie shout, “but I don’ know how much good it’ll do, she’s heard her baby in pain, an’ she’ll tear right through you ta git to it!” Indeed, you can hear the nerve-grating sounds of the basement door already being clawed at, so you needed to pick up the pace!

What will Shiro do?

Missingno. Master

You had a million thoughts rushing through your head… OMZZZZZZ IT’S REALLY HERIT’S REALLYHER IT’S TOTALLYTOTALLYHERRRRRRR!!! And she was related to these folks? Well, plenty of superstars come from the backwoods, so it’s possible. BUT IT’S ROXIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! This was a Poison specialist’s dream! Despite how casual you sounded and how much composure you kept, ehehehe… yeah, they could tell you were in heaven. “Well, dagummit, son, let it out!” Bo says with a hearty laugh.

One thoroughly let-out fangasm later, you were first taken to a healing machine where all you needed to do was place Gemini’s Pokeball in the slot, and it would take about six hours to heal your Weezing to full health. You were sure he’d get a good rest there, so you headed back to sit at the dinner table where OMZ IT’S ROXIEEEE- ahem, Roxie, Sally, her two sisters named Millie and Rebecca, and the mom, Shelley, were sitting. As the gumbo was being served, the kids start talking to their parents about the chores they’ve done so far—you know, cleaning out stalls that have been Sludged all over, milking venom from baby Ekans, typical stuff a Poison-type breeder would do. Meanwhile, you couldn’t stop glancing over at what Roxie was doing when Sally interrupted your thoughts: “Hey, cowboy, yer lookin’ at the wrong girl here; y’all should be worried about the lady that was gonna beat ya earlier!”

“And this coming from my cousin that has lost to me fifty times in a row?” Roxie asked smugly. Sally just grumbled something that you thankfully couldn’t understand.

“You’re probably gonna be here a while waitin’ for your Weezin’ to recover,” Shelley says to you. “How would you like to take a tour of our breedin’ place and see our Pokemon for yourself? That seem like a good idea, Pa?”

“Sounds like a mighty fine idea ta me,” Bo responds. Suddenly, you hear a knock at the door and Bo gets up to answer it. Not even a few seconds later, you hear, “Git off my property!”

“Dang, it’s them again,” Shelley comments ominously. Huh, I wonder who “they” could be, and you’re probably wondering the same thing too…
    What will Keith do?

The Burial Ground

Marion Ette – {Your update is here.}
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 30th November 2012 at 6:22 PM. Reason: Edited in title

Missingno. Master

You had a million thoughts rushing through your head… OMZZZZZZ IT’S REALLY HERIT’S REALLYHER IT’S TOTALLYTOTALLYHERRRRRRR!!! And she was related to these folks? Well, plenty of superstars come from the backwoods, so it’s possible. BUT IT’S ROXIEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! This was a Poison specialist’s dream! Despite how casual you sounded and how much composure you kept, ehehehe… yeah, they could tell you were in heaven. “Well, dagummit, son, let it out!” Bo says with a hearty laugh.

One thoroughly let-out fangasm later, you were first taken to a healing machine where all you needed to do was place Gemini’s Pokeball in the slot, and it would take about six hours to heal your Weezing to full health. You were sure he’d get a good rest there, so you headed back to sit at the dinner table where OMZ IT’S ROXIEEEE- ahem, Roxie, Sally, her two sisters named Millie and Rebecca, and the mom, Shelley, were sitting. As the gumbo was being served, the kids start talking to their parents about the chores they’ve done so far—you know, cleaning out stalls that have been Sludged all over, milking venom from baby Ekans, typical stuff a Poison-type breeder would do. Meanwhile, you couldn’t stop glancing over at what Roxie was doing when Sally interrupted your thoughts: “Hey, cowboy, yer lookin’ at the wrong girl here; y’all should be worried about the lady that was gonna beat ya earlier!”

“And this coming from my cousin that has lost to me fifty times in a row?” Roxie asked smugly. Sally just grumbled something that you thankfully couldn’t understand.

“You’re probably gonna be here a while waitin’ for your Weezin’ to recover,” Shelley says to you. “How would you like to take a tour of our breedin’ place and see our Pokemon for yourself? That seem like a good idea, Pa?”

“Sounds like a mighty fine idea ta me,” Bo responds. Suddenly, you hear a knock at the door and Bo gets up to answer it. Not even a few seconds later, you hear, “Git off my property!”

“Dang, it’s them again,” Shelley comments ominously. Huh, I wonder who “they” could be, and you’re probably wondering the same thing too…
    What will Keith do?
    In spite of Keith's best efforts to remain calm, cool, collected, and casual around Roxie, Keith was thrilled beyond belief to meet Roxie, and this must have been all too obvious to those around him. Bo laughed and told Keith to let it out, and that was all Keith needed to hear before he started exclaiming what an honor it was to meet her, that he couldn't believe this was actually happening to him, that he was a big fan, and all sorts of things. Once he had calmed down somewhat, he cleared his throat and looked slightly embarrassed. "Heh... so yeah, nice to meet you, Roxie," he said sheepishly. "Had to get that out of my system."

After this, Keith was taken to a healing machine where he placed Gemini's Poke Ball, and was told to leave it there for six hours. He returned to the table and as supper was being served and eaten, Keith could not help but glance at Roxie every so often. Sally was quick to notice this, however, and informed Keith that he should be worried about her, given that she nearly beat him earlier. Roxie replied to this with a smug remark that Sally had lost to her fifty times straight, leaving Keith looking visibly impressed- he knew that Teddie had to have been a well-trained Garbodor, and that Sally was obviously a skilled trainer... and if she lost to Roxie, not once, not twice, but fifty times in a row? Keith's already sizable respect for the well-known Poison-type specialist was growing still.

Shelley then suggested to Keith that he take a tour of their breeding place and see all their Pokemon. Keith smiled at this suggestion. "I'd love to, ma'am," he replied. "Poison-types are my specialty, so that would be great."

After this, Bo answered the door, and was immediately telling whoever it was to get off his property. Judging by Shelley's remark, this was not this mystery visitor's first time here, either. "Who's 'them'? Keith asked.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Dead Forest

Toxic Marsh

Ampharos_Dude

The mama Linoone was here, ready to rip apart anyone that would dare to hurt her babies… but you were too focused on one of the baby Zigzagoon to worry about the mom, and besides the Squirtleman was on the job, you didn’t have a thing in the world to worry about… right?

“Whoo, she just took a swipe at Jell-O!” the Squirtleman says.

“Yeah, she took a swipe of Jell-O, you mean, now she’s got a big gash in her!” you could hear Louie reply

“Yeah, guess this means she’ll fight to the death ta protect: her babies!” says the Squirtleman, likely with a pose, but you weren't sure.

Anyway, with Venipede’s job done—getting the Zigzagoon down from the pipes—you recall him back to his Pokeball so he wouldn’t be bouncing around the basement anymore, and you let Cherubi handle this battle. Cherry stays in your arms, rooting for her fellow Grass-type as Cherubi and Zigzagoon Tackle into each other, both Pokemon taking slight damage, with Zigzagoon taking a little less. Zigzagoon takes the collision in stride as it Whips its Tail against Cherubi… clearly Cherubi didn’t expect that after the head-on collision they shared, so his defense was significantly lowered as he took only slight damage. Cherubi keeps on the pressure by Tackling into the Zigzagoon again, but Zigzagoon saw it and would try to Tackle it back. It’s Cherubi that gets the critical hit, though, and this collision results in the Zigzagoon yelping in pain as it jumped back and rubbed its sensitive temple. That may give you the advantage in this battle-

“Whoa, Mama Line’s runnin’ off somewhere!” you hear the Squirtleman say. Guess he nicknamed the mother “Mama Line”.

“The basement! Shiro, watch out, she’s comin’, we’ll try ta draw her away!” you hear Louie shout, “but I don’ know how much good it’ll do, she’s heard her baby in pain, an’ she’ll tear right through you ta git to it!” Indeed, you can hear the nerve-grating sounds of the basement door already being clawed at, so you needed to pick up the pace!

What will Shiro do?

After hearing the noises from upstairs, Shiro didn't even want to imagine what would happen if "Mama Line" had gotten her bloodlusty claws in him.

He turned his attention back to the battle between Cherubi and Zigzagoon, and saw it lead to nothing, as they were both tackling each other from side to side. Luckily, Cherubi shot a crit tackle on the foe, and managed to pounce it back a little.
    Shiro was about to start dancing a little, but the door startled him. The rapid clawings of "Mama Line" were closing in by the minute, and if Shiro was asked, he didn't want to turn himself into a scratchtree for an angry Zigzagoon mother.
    "Cherry! Venipede! We need support from the back!" Shiro shouted as he threw out Venipede's pokeball, and pointed at the door.
    "Could you try to keep that door shut if the worst case scenario becomes reality? I trust in you!" He timidly continued.

"Cherubi, try to Tackle that Zigzagoon into submission! I'll think about something more after that!" Shiro said, slightly panicking about the door.

What will happen...?
    Last edited by Ampharos_Dude; 26th November 2012 at 2:37 PM.

The Divine Woodland

Diamond Lake

Meetan – {Sorry, but I've already got a girlfriend! }

You and Swinub couldn’t help but think you overdid it as you were left with a Swellow holding a Surskit snack, both encased within a block of ice. Hopefully your next round of attacks would only hurt the Swellow and thaw out Surskit at the same time. So Swinub starts by using his short tusks to Bite through the ice and into Swellow’s torso area, though it took extra time and energy for Swinub to eat his way through the ice to get to Swellow. This also started to form cracks in the ice, so it would be a little easier for Surskit and easier for Swellow to break through, but Surskit still couldn’t move enough to break free. Swellow could, however, after receiving such a painful Bite to its torso, and its head was finally freed from the ice, though its wings and legs were still too frozen to move. The Mud-Slap attack from earlier gets into Swellow’s face, and even though it did negligent damage it still got into the bird’s eyes, so its vision would be impaired slightly. Swellow could see that Swinub was close enough to its head, however, and starts Pecking at his back, though it couldn’t put as much power into the attack as it would normally do due to the rest of its body being Frozen. Swinub squeals with pain, however, and backs off to start slinging Mud Bombs at Swellow’s face. His first one, however, was slightly off and only caught Swellow’s beak… not much damage there. Surskit still can’t break free, either from the ice, or from the predator’s talons, but Swellow is doing a great job at thawing itself loose as it Pecks the ice formed on its wings and broke them loose. Its legs were still frozen, however, and there was still too much ice weighing it down to fly, so Swinub took the chance and threw another Mud Bomb at it to keep things under control. This time, it hits a wing and makes it more difficult for Swellow to fly away even if it breaks loose from the ice. Surskit’s body just now starts to see signs of thawing, though only one pair of its legs are remotely close to being free. Swellow, however, has broken free of the ice save its feet, still holding Surskit tightly in its grip.

What will Alice do?

Alice bit her lip. Things were getting desperate here, and Surskit was going to be too weak to fight for itself if Swellow broke loose. She winced as her poor partner squealed with pain from the assault and pulled back a little bit. It was time to do some major damage control. "Swinub, give that thing an Ice Beam to the face! We need to start exploiting its weakness and just knock it straight out!" She explained to her little piggy. Its legs weren't free yet, but she wasn't going to help that, despite the emergency motion forming in her mind. "Then do the same again with Ice Shard! If even one of its legs get free, go straight for it with Bite and don't hold back! Just try to keep away from its beak!"

((Stats.))

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

Celebii151: repost
    The sudden appearance of a woman in a lab coat cancels your battle with the young Panpour. It seems you have unknowingly entered a research facility, and now its inhabitants surround you. The monkeys begin to close in on you as you begin to explain how you got there and that you were not sent by Team Plasma.

“There seems to be a glimmer of truth in what you say,” the researcher says. "Why just a very short time ago, a patch of the fence that was damaged was fixed and put back in place by some of our workers.” You offer her the Potion for Panpour. “Thank you. Is this a certified Pokemon potion?” She inspects the potion and sees the certification seal. “Splendid. Thanks again.” She begins to treat the young monkey and looks at you puzzled by all the monkey Pokemon. “My name is Astrid. As I said earlier, I am a researcher here. I can assure you that you haven’t entered the Mystic Jungle. We have captured some monkeys from the Monkey-Forts, however, to begin our studies. I cannot explain what it is we are studying for your own protection and ours and the Pokemon’s.”

Just then some of the Primeape tense their bodies. They begin to make short hops waving their arms over their heads and start to grunt softly. “I think we should continue this conversation somewhere indoors. These Primeape are getting a tad unruly at your presence in their play area,” Astrid warns. “Being cooped up while the fence was being repaired didn’t help matters either.” She slowly places the Panpour on the ground, and it immediately runs past you and up into its tree. "If you'll allow us to pass, we will all leave you alone," she says to all the monkeys, and a Pansage and Pansear both step aside creating an opening for you, Astrid, and Neptune. "Stay calm, Cele, and don't make eye contact with any of the Primape, you too Wartortle." She urges you start walking by the Grass Monkey and the High Temp Pokemon and she follows you. Once you're all sufficiently away from the monkeys, Astrid begins speaking, which causes you to exhale at last, "We should be far enough away. I apologize for that. We do not study any of the Primeape, mostly because they're quite fierce. Most of them are also parents to some of the Mankey, and they don't want to be separated from their young. And we wouldn't force them to be apart anyway. They actually serve as effective guards for the other monkeys. One of my associates witnessed one of them defending the monkeys from some of those Team Plasma agents last night, which caused extensive damage to that section of the fence you entered through. He says that was all from one Focus Punch."

As you both continue walking towards the research center, suddenly you hear a small explosion from ahead of you. "Dr. Astrid, come in!" you hear a voice which sounds understandably panicked. Astrid takes a walkie-talkie from her pocket and listens. "Team Plasma is back! They're attacking the East Wing! We need assistance immediately!"

"I'm on my way Joshua!" she responds. "If you truly aren't from Team Plasma, then please help us fight them off!" She reaches in one of the pockets of her lab coat and removes a Pokeball. She clicks the button to open it up, and a white flash of energy emerges. When the flash goes away you see three pairs of magnets attached to three shiny orbs of silver metal floating in the air. "Magneton, let's go!" The Magnet Pokemon nods and floats alongside Astrid. "We're not too far from the East Wing luckily. Please, will you help us?"

Well, will you?
    Cele sighed in relief as the researcher began to believe him, he was beginning to think that he would end up as a Primeape's punching bag! The researcher introduces herself as Astrid and takes the Potion out of Cele's hand, using it to treat the Panpour. Cele still felt a bit sorry for the young Panpour, though, having attacked it viciously. Cele was still a bit puzzled at the sheer number of monkeys, and apparently, Astid could tell by the look on his face. She explained that they had captured some monkey Pokemon from the Monkey Forts of the Mystic Jungle to be research. Unfortunately for Cele, the exact nature of their research was classified information. "Well, I'd be happy to assist you in anyway I can. It's the least I can do for agitating your monkeys, as well as attacking one of them." Cele offered.

The Primeape begin jumping up and down, frantically waving their arms in the air. "Uh, Astrid? Your Primeape don't look too happy." Cele noted. Astrid explained that the Primeape were getting unruly due to Cele's presence in their play area. "Unruly? Sorry about that. Neptune, maybe you should return to your Pokeball, don't want you accidentally looking them in the eyes." Cele said as a red beam absorbed Neptune, returning him to his makeshift capsule. She then suggested that they continue their conversation indoors. "Okay, sounds good to me!" Cele said as the Pansage and Pansear step aside, creating a path for Cele and Astrid. Astrid places the timid Panpour on the floor, and it runs into the same tree that Cele encountered it in before.

After Cele and Astrid are a fair distance away, Astrid speaks again, apologizing for the Primeapes' behavior. "No need to apologize, that's just how Primeape are." Cele replied. Astrid told Cele how they don't actually study the Primeape, due to their behavior, but they don't want to be seperated from their Mankey children, and that they are effective guards. She said that another researcher had witnessed on of the Primeape defend the other monkeys from a Team Plasma member last night, damaging the fence and defeating them with a single Focus Punch. "Just one Focus Punch? Now that's power." Cele thought.

They keep walking, and then they both hear a small explosion as they near the Research Center. "What was that?" Cele asked, surprised. "Dr. Astrid, come in!" Cele hears a panicked voice say. Astrid's hand dips into her pocket, emerging with a walkie-talkie grasped in it."Team Plasma is back! They're attacking the East Wing! We need assistance immediately!" the voice says again. Astrid responds, "I'm on my way Joshua!". She turns to Cele. "If you truly aren't from Team Plasma, then please help us fight them off!" she says, grabbing a Pokeball from her belt, enlarging it. She tosses it into the air, a Magneton emerging from it. Cele whips out his Pokedex once more, scanning the new Pokemon. "Magneton, the Magnet Pokémon. The stronger electromagnetic waves from the three linked Magnemite are enough to dry out surrounding moisture." Of course I'll help you fight them off!" Cele replies, grabbing his own Pokeball and enlarging it. He tosses it into the air, a Druddigon emerging in a flash of white light, letting out a mighty roar. "Nahkriin, I need your help. Team Plasma is attacking!" Cele pleads. Nahkriin simply nods, waiting to get to the action. "Now Astrid, let's go kick some Team Plasma butt!"
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

Spoiler:- PASBL Record:

Default Jak's Astoria Update #10

OOC: Celebii151, I'll work on your update tomorrow at work. Everyone, I'm going to try and work faster. Please bear with me.

The Island
    ~Shaman River~

Mon1010: You answered the frantic Ambipom’s worries, and you asked Shaana to help it extinguish the flames. Shaana approached the burning tree, and her eyes began to glow. A translucent barrier began to appear around the tree noticeable only by the water-like distortion it caused.

Soon the tree was shrouded in darkness. The smoke was unable to escape, so it just gathered around and grew thicker and darker. For a long period of time, the barrier remained in place. Even though you may not have intended this, Shaana seemed to have another idea; and she remained focused. Ambipom continued to look distraught at the sight of its tree so affected by the fire, the smoke, and the barrier. At long last, Shaana’s eyes ceased their glowing. You quickly look back at the tree. The smoke that was trapped within the barrier wisped away now freed from the barrier. Ambipom immediately ran back to its tree to assess its home for damage. Once the smoke was finally cleared away, you were shocked to find that the fire was put out.

Ambipom was already swinging from the branches of its tree gleefully back in its home. When it noticed you once again, it returned to the ground and walked over to you and Shaana. Ambipom extended one of its tail-hands as if to shake hands. It extended its other tail-hand clutching something. When it opened its hand, a berry was revealed to be held. It was a small, magenta berry looking very similar to a flower with five petal-like lobes. Ambipom offered its Kasib Berry to you as thanks for your help.

As you wonder where to head next, that familiar shadow soared through the sky once more, only now that the area wasn’t filled with smoke, it appeared to you that this creature was also magenta like the berry Ambipom offered to you. All of a sudden you heard some barking coming from within the forest. This barking seemed to snap you back to into focus, as you see Ambipom pointing with one of its tail-hands eagerly towards a canine that emerged from behind a nearby tree. The Herdier stood still for a moment to catch your gaze. Ambipom pointed at it even more as if to suggest that you should follow it.

Herdier turned and began to dash back into the forest, in the same direction as the magenta creature you just saw.

What will you do?

------------------------------------------------------

~The Lakes~

TutorX: The anger inside you swells up as you watch your partner in pain from Qwilfish's poison. You give your orders to Zoomer. As Zoomer's horn glows blue, Qwilfish surrounds itself with aquatic energy speeding through the air, like a jet towards the Feeling Pokemon. Zoomer senses the attack in time and, as if experiencing déjŕ vu, is able to redirect Qwilfish. Unfortunately for Qwilfish, it slams into a nearby tree in its confusion. Qwilfish falls into a bush at the base of the tree.

Not giving up on the attack, Zoomer begins to wave his fingers from left to right in a motion similar to a metronome. Zoomer's horn glows pink, and his fingers faintly glow pink too. All of a sudden, Zoomer's body begins to shimmer, like he was now made of liquid or acid. Being in this state, provides Zoomer with some extra armor. Quickly from out of the bush Qwilfish rolls towards Zoomer. The Balloon Pokemon collides with Zoomer, causing minimal damage due to the recent large defense boost.

Acting on his orders once again, Zoomer waves his fingers to and fro readying another metronome attack. This time the randomness of the attack causes Zoomer's hands and horn to glow a faint white color. A white beam of light blasts out of Zoomer's horn and takes the form of a nondescript canine. The canine runs furiously about chasing the rolling Qwilfish. As the canine runs after Qwilfish, it becomes more hyper. It catches up to Qwilfish, at last, and bites down on its hide with its already exposed fangs. The bite from Zoomer causes Qwilfish to stop rolling. It howls out in pain.

"Interesting," the boy says. "I think that was Hyper Fang."

Qwilfish looks at you, scowling. It seems that last attack hurt a great deal. It began to concentrate, focusing its strength, contracting its body, even trembling a little. All of a sudden, Qwilfish spews forth some acid. The acid spray soars through the air at Zoomer, who winces again from the poison in his body.

What will you do?

OOC: So we're clear, Qwilfish is not confused from your Confusion attack.

Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

Charminions: Judging by the sounds of the song sung by Nidoran and her compatriot, help was on its way. You act quickly, hoping to finish her off before the help arrives. Osage begins things by approaching Nidoran to attack her. Instead of a frontal assault with his claws like a usual slash, he speedily waves his claws around until they become faint and finally strikes her knocking her off her feet. You hear a howl suddenly coming from Nidoran’s partner in song, and the sound is awfully close. With only one opponent, thus far, Pigkey takes this opportunity to show Nidoran exactly what she thought of being confused for most of this battle. She gathers mega force in her fist and closes in to strike. Pigkey punches Nidoran knocking her back even further.

At this point, Nidoran is starting to struggle to get back to her feet. Osage and Pigkey both watch her and begin to prepare their next attacks, all the while forgetting about their guest. Out of some bushes behind you all, a canine Pokémon approaches. The dark furred Bite Pokémon surveys the scene, while Pigkey charges her fist with electricity. The Mightyena now pounces at Pigkey when it realizes its friend is in danger. At the last moment, Pigkey realizes this, and she’s able to get out of the way placing it and Nidoran between Pigkey and her. With her fist still charging, she charges Mightyena, having a second opponent to deal with, attempting to deliver a thundrous punch. Osage fires a beam filled with ice energy, which Nidoran barely dodges. The beam hits Mightyena on its side, at the same time Pigkey’s Thunderpunch hits. This causes an explosion of ice and electric energy which knocks both Mightyena and Pigkey back a few yards. Pigkey’s fist is left glowing a light blue, presumably with residual energy from the attack collision.

Nidoran, meanwhile, dives at Osage weakly scratching and biting him; a good sign that she doesn’t have much left in her to continue the fight. Mightyena gets back on its feet and quickly charges and fires a couple balls of shadowy energy at Pigkey and Osage. Pigkey immediately dodges the attack.

What will you do?

--------------------------------------------------------

Myahoo: You watched as Wildfire entered the fray. Being a fraction of Boldore's size, he wasn't doing too bad. He was able to land a couple hits and disorient the Ore Pokemon. The introductions between you and Chloe were brief, and she immediately began attending to your leg. Chloe momentarily left the battle in your hands as she began to wrap your leg with a make-shift splint. She ordered Wings to protect the frightened Pidove.

Boldore took the opportunity to knock out three birds with two stones, and blasted two rocks towards the trio of birds. Wings was prepared, though, and broke through the first rock with its Steel Wing attack. At the same it cried out, which seemed to cause the Pidove to wake up, and they were able to fly out of the way just in time. They flew up next to Wings. Wings spoke once more, and the Pidove both nodded.

Meanwhile, you had given your own orders to Wildfire to distract the strange colored Rock type. You secretly gave him instructions to lure Boldore into the lake. "That's a good idea, Melissa," Chloe remarked while she wrapped your leg. "That should weaken Boldore immensely." Wildfire understood your orders and ran off into battle. He ran up to Boldore and got between it and the birds. Immediately he began to blow smoke at it, setting up a screen to further reduce its accuracy. Looking proud of himself, Wildfire admired the cloud of smoke surrounding Boldore not moving. All of a sudden, from that very cloud of smoke a bright flash of light fired out from Boldore. The light cannon hit Wildfire knocking him off his feet, causing some damage, albeit not as much as others due to his typing.

With the first part of your plan in place, Wildfire began to work on the second part. He started focusing on the smoke screen trying to pick Boldore out in the haze. When he spotted enough of the Ore Pokemon to make a clear shot, his eyes glowed using extra senses to blast Boldore. The force of the psychic energy pushed Boldore back only a few feet due to its mass. This enraged Boldore, and it summoned numerous stones that orbitted along the edge of it. Boldore sprayed the stones in an arch at all of you. Wildfire was able to dodge the rocks that soared at him. Wings, seeing that you and Chloe weren't going to be moving very quickly, flew in front of you both and created a protective barrier between you and the rocks causing no damage to anyone behind the Staravia. The two Pidove, who didn't follow Wings, were in the path of a couple of the stones. All of a sudden a flash of white light entered the cavern speeding towards the Pidove. The third Pidove had returned to the cave. By summoning the power of the sky it attacked the stones destroying each one before they could strike either of the remaining Tiny Pigeons.

In a last effort to push Boldore towards the lake, Wildfire jumped in the air flipping his body while in the air arms stretched out. At the same time, his body glowed a pale green color summoning the power of nature to attack Boldore. This power summoned some nearby loose rocks to slide through the air sideways each pelting Boldore's armored body for damage, also pushing it further back to the lake edge.

At long last, Chloe finished attending to your leg. "I did the best I could," she started to explain. "Try standing on it; hopefully it won't hurt too much. I suggest you seek medical attention immediately." Chloe stood up and quickly surveyed the battlefield. "Look it's almost in the lake. If we combine our efforts, we may get it in there together." Wings and the three Pidove flew by and landed near the two ladies. "Ok Wings give it another Hidden Power (Water)."

What will you do?

OkikuMew: You arrive at a small grove of Black Apricorn trees. With a laundry list of Apricorns to collect for Andersen, you decide to get right to work on the black ones first. You remember the information about harvesting an Apricorn, but in his haste Andersen forgot to explain how to tell what a mature Apricorn looks like.

Luckily, you have your Pokedex with you, so you begin to scan through its electronic pages. Right there between Apicot Berries and Baltoy is an entry on Apricorns. You skim through the information looking for what you need:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    You can tell an Apricorn is mature when tapping on the side of one with the side of a blade or fingernail yields a hollow, almost metallic sound. An over-mature Apricorn will simply explode, and an under-mature Apricorn will sound dense and not hollow or metallic at all.
    With this knowledge you approach a low-hanging Apricorn on the first tree. On the first try, tapping it with your fingernail produces a hollow metallic sound. Using the information you received from the Pokéball Maker, you cut the Apricorn off the tree and place it in the Apricorn Box.

You walk to the next tree with Black Apricorns and look around for low enough Apricorn to check. When you find one, you approach it to test its maturity. Tapping the Apricorn makes a dense thump, as if you were tapping on the tree itself. You look around some more for an appropriate Apricorn, when you start hearing some chirping.

“Hoot hoooot,” the noise comes from above. You spot a round brown Pokémon with large eyes appearing to stand on one foot. The Hoot Hoot is standing next to an Apricorn and taps it with its beak. It’s faint, but you can make out the familiar metallic sound your first Apricorn made.

After a short climb and a snip, you place your second Apricorn in the box and move on to your next tree. You discover the Hoot Hoot had already arrived at the tree, and it seems to be pointing at another Apricorn. Hoping to go three-for-three, you rush over to the Apricorn, which also happens to be at eye level. You reach out to grab the Apricorn, but as soon as you touch it, it pops and pieces of Apricorn scatter all over the area even on you.

“Hoot hoot hoot hoot!” you hear the Hoot Hoot, and it seems like it’s laughing. Then it flies away still laughing.

You search the tree once more, and you finally find your third Black Apricorn. With your quota for them filled, you wonder what is next. Max’s nose seems to have picked up scents in different directions; to your left and in front of you.

Without knowing the area, you have a choice of where to go. Which way will you go?

OOC: If you prefer your character to be using a blade or scissors of some kind, feel free to use that in place of my mentioning of fingernails. I didn’t want to assume anything.

The Mystic Jungle
    ~Forgotten Ruins~

Allishinca: The riddle required some careful thought from you and Pluto. You sat down to think, pondering various answers ranging from Rapidash to Buneary. Pluto, who had figured it out already, mimed the answer to you. With some careful charades, Pluto convinced you of what he thought the answer was. As you rose to your feet, you spoke the answer clearly, "I believe the answer to your riddle is a male Nidoran, Mr. Guardian, sir."

"Prepare to suffer the most horrible," you suddenly hear a voice announcing, "wait, male Nidoran?" You hear a snap, and Beeheyem appears in front of you. "Wonderful job!" the Guardian speaks telepathically. "You passed the first test!" With the announcement you hear the wall in front of you begin to rumble. A door opens, going further into the temple. "Go on," Beheeyem speaks, "I'll be waiting for you." The Cerebral Pokemon bows and disappears. "Unless," Beheeyem reappears, and you hear the door behind you rumbling open as well, "you don't want to continue? This will be your last chance to turn away. Well it technically it won't be, but I don't want to create new riddles for you to pass through rooms you have already passed through. The choice is yours."

You look down the corridor, and you see torches light the way automatically. The corridor itself doesn't look threatening at all. Like the entrance, you can see its condition has been kept up. As Beheeyem said, the choice is yours. Which way will you go?

----------------------------------------------------------

~Waterfall Valley~

Myrrh: Volts wastes no time, as he immediately launches an attack at Surskit, quickly knocking the Pond Skater off its feet. Despite its increased speed, Surskit wasn't able to prepare for the attack. Surskit gets back on its feet and spits out a few bubbles at Volts. The bubbles wobble over slowly, and Volts is able to dodge all but one. The lone bubble merely pops on one of Volts' tail spikes.

The lack of damage done to Volts slightly upsets Surskit. It jumps in the air and fires a beam of bubbles at Volts. The force of the Bubblebeam propels Surkit backwards a few feet. Volts takes a chance, covering himself in a dark aura pursuing Surskit. Volts' tail, being up in the air, gets continuously pelted by the bubbles, but he tackles Surskit before it lands on the ground. Both Pokemon stare each other down breathing heavily.

It soon appears as though Surskit is no longer staring at Volts, or you for that matter. Volts' ears, pick up a noise from behind you, a twig snapping, and turns to see. You turn too, and see a young man, maybe around your age slowly approaching. "Oops! Sorry about that," the man said nervously. "I was at my campsite, and I heard some noise nearby. Thought I'd investigate." Meanwhile, Surskit takes advantage of Volts' distraction to launch another beam of bubbles at the EleSquirrel. "Oh dear. Your Pachirisu is under attack," the man points towards the scuffle.

The bubbles, though still in the shape of a beam, fly slowly; a sure sign that the battle is drawing to an end. What will you do?

Eyrie Peak

Posy Field

Last round was a total disaster for Joshua as he had lost Steven, his Munna, to the Beedrill onslaught, and all Aegis could do was throw up from the poison. He felt so powerless, only able to watch as one of his best friends was carried over to the other prisoners. So weak! He didn’t want to be that weak anymore… not when his friend’s life was on the line! Suddenly, his entire body glowed with a white light as he was changed from a small Squirtle to the more regal form of a Wartortle! Oh, how evolution can change things! Half of the health and energy he had lost had been regained as a result, and Joshua’s next Pokemon, a Stunfisk named Livewire, was determined to help Aegis get their friend back… although, Livewire would come out right onto the Toxic Spikes and get himself Poisoned first.

Queen Shiny was still Asleep at this time, so this gave Chad’s Heracross a prime opportunity. Using the rest of his Rock energy, he tried another Stone Edge attack in an effort to deal a huge amount of damage on the queen. The attack was slightly off, however, and the sleeping queen was only hit by half of the rocks thrown at her, though they did still deal some good damage. Meanwhile, Joshua had plenty of time to throw Aegis a Pecha Berry, and the Wartortle was able to enjoy the berry immensely as it wiped out the poisons he had in his system.
    The Shiny Beedrill was still asleep, but she looked like she would wake up soon, so… why not give her a rude awakening? That’s what the Ground-types were thinking, at least, as they went for a double Scald attack to see if either attack would put the burn on her… unfortunately, neither attack did a lot of damage, nor was she burned, but her health was brought down below half at this point, which was something the two fish could celebrate as the poison ate away at some of their health.

That got her attention, so she woke up, realizing that the Psychic-type was now among those captured; he would make a fine delicacy indeed. Next on the list was that upstart Wartortle… how dare he evolve in rebellion against Her Majesty! She would Endeavor to break his spirit soon enough as she flew in and slashed at Aegis’ shell leaving a nice crack in it as his health was brought down to the same percentage she currently had of her health. Yikes, that was a lot of damage! But Heracross would bring things back under your control as he started to get in with melee combat and Chip Away at Queen Shiny’s health further. While that was happening, Aegis was gathering up the last of his Fire energy into his arms and attacked her with the move, leaving a nice Cross mark on her torso and causing her to shriek in pain, though neither Pokemon received any burns.

However, this alerted the whole Swarm to the queen’s danger, so they were doing their best to finish off the resident swarm’s warriors in order to help defend their queen. Two of the soldier Beedrill nearby were able to see what was happening and started to fire off Poison Sting attacks toward Heracross and Aegis. Aegis was the only one of the two to get hit, and he thankfully avoided another poisoning, though the attack was dangerously close to hitting the crack in his shell. Suddenly, two blurs zoom behind you and attack the two enemy Beedrill… They were the two Beedrill you had met earlier! They needed to defend their own fragile queen while entrusting you to deal with the enemy queen, so they decided to join the fight and make sure you fought the queen uninterrupted.

But Queen Shiny was furious… she had less than a third of her health left, how could some random Pokemon bring her down to this level? Maybe she needed to focus on her Bug attacks more, and that’s what she does as she uses her Twineedle against Heracross. The added power was able to deal some significant damage to Heracross, though neither attack poisoned the stag beetle. Heracross’ fortified defenses couldn’t hide signs of him getting tired, though, so Livewire needed to pick up the slack and used the Power of the surrounding Earth in order to force it to erupt on the Beedrill and deal some more good damage. Just before Wooper attacked, you could see another Poison Sting attack come from behind you… and it didn’t hit your Pokemon… it hit Queen Shiny. You look from behind you and see the sick queen’s stinger pointed at the other queen; even she wanted to get in on the action! While it didn’t do much damage, it turns out it would do just enough as Wooper channeled the power he borrowed from Steven and let loose a Psybeam exactly how Steven did it and hit her square in the chest. Game… set… match… Queen Shiny couldn’t take any more damage, and, to the horror of her hive, fell down to the ground, knocked out from the last attack. Aegis, Livewire, Wooper, and Heracross each gain one level!

This sent the invading hive into an erratic frenzy! Without their queen to guide them, they had lost all coordination, and the elite of the invaders knew this. They order some of the Beedrill to pick up their queen and carry her out as they were forced to retreat… but three of the Beedrill were also each taking Steven, Teddiursa, and Karrablast with them! If you didn’t hurry, they would end up as Weedle chow!

Battle raged in the forest, as Livewire joined the fray, Aegis evolved, and the quad hammered the sleeping Queen with all their might. It seemed that the tide had turned since Steven's unfortunate defeat, and perhaps the battle between the hives would come to an end with it.

Or the other hive would focus all their efforts on Joshua and Chad, inevitably resulting in their painful deaths. Whichever.

As the Queen awoke however, it became clear that she wasn't going to go down easily, badly cracking Aegis' shell, which was swiftly followed up by more Beedrills taking potshots with Poison Stings. Aegis was seriously going to need the Pokémon Centre after this one, but his performance thus far had been admirable.

Joshua was beginning to become frustrated by the interference of the soldier Beedrill, protecting their Queen. Fortunately, he had little to worry about, as the Beedrill that he had assisted before raced in along with another, to act as perimeter guards. It was as though it was saying "Finish the fight!" And finish it they did. Livewire and Wooper blasted the Shiny Queen with all they had, and even the sick Queen Beedrill managed to take a potshot. The enemy queen had fallen, and her soldiers reacted... badly. The majority of them were panicking, but a few who actually seemed to know what they were doing had the Queen picked up, and began to retreat - along with Steven, Karrablast and the Teddiursa.

"You are NOT getting away! Bishop, I'm sorry, but I need you again!" called Joshua, throwing Bishop's Pokéball in the air. The brown owl Pokémon appeared again in a flash of light. "Bishop, chase after them, and hit them with an Air Slash attack to make them drop their hostages! Chad, anything you can do here?"

OOC: Determined to help get Steven back? You don't know Livewire very well...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    The Final Battle

Arc Angel: You draw toward the Gracious Orb’s glow like a moth to a flame and all of a sudden – you were reborn. Its touch was like turning the ignition on a rusty old pickup truck, the decaying network of veins and arteries beneath your ribcage combusting with life, bumping blood through your body for the first time in an eternity. And as the crystal slips away from your fingers the euphoric feeling dies with it, leaving you naked and frail. Your body starts to convulse as your nervous system deteriorates, your mind in such a state of shock you find it hard to think straight. Before the craving can drive you to madness the stifled choking of a hag inches from death coerces you out of oblivion for the time being. Your lapse in judgement had sealed her fate, and now it was down to you to save her. Fuelled with determination you brandish a chestnut sphere: your greatest weapon against the rising shadow. It slips out of your clutch and hurtles toward the earth, cracking open with a burst of light so bright it would draw all eyes back to the plinth. Light runs off his body like water, bringing shape to a gallant warrior, bent on one knee with its twin blades crossed. You blinking away the spots from your dilated pupils in efforts to get a better look into the soul of the grownup Valentine. His stance emanated incredible skill and power, his eyes serious and hardened as they swept tentatively across the mesa. You couldn’t help but feel overcome by nerves as his gaze locks onto yours like he was considering you. Who was this stranger? He didn’t inherit Lucius’s maniacal bearing. Perhaps the world he grew up in forced him to grow up too fast, and you can’t help but feel a pang of guilt for not being there for him. But with the ruckus erupting from the vale and the enemies afoot frozen in confusion the time to strike was now.

You channel your scattered thoughts into a game plan, concentrating on nothing else but the string of orders which felt more like a desperate plea for help. Valentine’s eyes flicker intensely and the sensation your thoughts were being penetrated takes over. You feel him delve a bit deeper than your immediate thoughts, no doubt probing your memory bank. Eyes smouldering with realisation he leaves an imprint of his own thoughts on his way out, his handsome voice filling you with hope and reassurance, ’Yes, my master.’ The words echo through your skull for a few seconds until he breaks the stare and homes in on the gallows ahead. Then time turned back to normal and several things happened at the same time... Gallade leaps from his crouch with tenacious speed, skirting lightfootedly down the edge of the plinth and kicking into air meters before the gallows. He hangs in the Night’s sky for a few moments, his twin blades combusting in darkness as he corkscrews toward the seer. Slashing the noose with one arm and seizing the gypsy’s cloak with the other he rolls onto the floor cradling the hag and gently resting her on the ground. Meanwhile all hell was breaking loose below. Hundreds of shadow monsters were roaring and stampeding under the plateau, a fifty foot cliff the only thing keeping them at bay. The aerial fleet weren’t as fazed by this problem as they rounded on Valentine like homing missiles. The dozen or so red eyes dance like a swarm of Vobeat against the black canvas of dusk, whisking away your false sense of security. Straining your eyes you’re able to make out Hydreigon, Salamence and Charizard with dozens more species veiled by the darkness. Their faces suddenly light up as Shadowy Fireballs spindle out of their mouths swelling in size. You feel powerless to help as the inferno rains down like a carpet bomb, the knight stood above the comatose gypsy and showing no signs of yielding.

Syrian’s twisted laughter is drowned out by the blazing firestorm which quickly consumes Valentine. The blue flames melt away at the rocks prolonging the internal torture, the fire dancing in the reflection of your glazed pupils. The ebbing cinders unveil nothing but charred terrain, belching with smoke and glowing red with heat. There was nothing. Not even a body to salvage. Before this has time to sink in a high pitch battle cry resonates across the valley, Syrian looking to the skies in confusion. The discord underneath your footing settles as a small streak of light emerges from the cliff tops above. The Shaymin was nothing but a blur as it cartwheeled through the air, prompting a bombardment of Shadowy Fireballs from the army which he dodged with ease. The flying beasts had broken off from the plateau now to annihilate the new threat, cutting off the critter’s flight path veering down like fighter jets as they all combust into a Shadow Blitz. The legendary Pokémon headed toward them, twisting through the tightest of openings and coming to a stop above. The Shadow Pokémon break out of their attacks, straining skyward until a bright Flare of green light blinds them. Suddenly a flurry of Seeds shower down like a meteor storm, peppering the convoy and putting an abrupt end to the dog fight as they career lifelessly into the vale. The grass type had only taken out a small division of the army, and whilst it’d cleared the skies it had a lot left to contend with. Another volley of attacks pierce through the sky proving nigh impossible to dodge, the terrier yelping as it’s clipped by half a Shadow Chill. A few cries of bewilderment draw your focus away from Shaymin however as Shadow Pokémon start dropping like flies below. Straining for a closer look you spot a thick of vines break out from the soil, snaring a Shadow Rhydon and pulling it away into the underbrush. One by one the soldiers were being taken out until they started firing aimlessly at the ground.

So much was happening at once you almost forget what you were here for until a low croak drags you back to your senses. Your eyes sweep back over the mesa. Syrian was watching his army fall with smouldering eyes, messaging the Griseous Orb which was pulsing wilder than ever. With such a strong hold you’d have to prize it from his dead body, an idea which seemed to win you over. You find the gypsy’s Dusknoir, who’d been locked in a body binding Shadow Hold. The toad was croaking frantically, resisting the urge for a swift kill when he’d promised himself he’d make this one hurt. With Valentine out of the fight so early there was nothing you could do to save the last remaining prisoner. Reaper was unresponsive, still out of action from your last living skirmish. Hope gives rise to panic and all you could do now was hope Iris could turn the tides of the battle before Giratina arrived...

’Over here’, a gentle whisper from inside your head rescues you from despair. It was Valentine! As though he’d embedded the coordinates in your brain you quickly turn your eastward and find the warrior latched onto the cliff face, his scarlet cloak billowing in the blustery winds. You could only guess he’d Teleported out of the blitzkrieg in the nick of time. He sends a subtle wink your way before vanishing into thin air. Your eyes dart around the skies, the warrior reappearing a stretch above the Shadow Toxicroak toad and breaking into a nosedive. The Gallade extends its swords, pivoting its waist forward and grappling the toad by surprise. With his feet wrapped around the enemy he kicks the Dusknoir free from the headlock, the reaper quickly recessing to the mountains to find his injured mistress. The tables had turned with the frog in your mercy. Valentine presses his swords against the Psycho’s slimy skin, Cutting off his head in one swift cross motion. As he breaks away from the decapitated amphibian you spot a glint of remorse in his eyes, only adding fuel to your burning desire to know more about his past. ’I didn’t think he’d croak that easily’, a small trace of his father’s humour softens the mood, the Gallade smirking toward you as you share a long exchange. Suddenly your smile falters as Syrian lets out a triumphant laugh.

“Everything is going according to plan”, he smiles to himself, “Waste your powers holding them off Iris. In a few more moments I won’t even need an army...” The shaman’s eyes stare jealously at the Griseous Orb, now flickering at blinding speed. With no one left to save you feel yourself relapsing into obsession, its allure growing stronger as its master drew nearer. He holds it over the valley again, allowing its yellow luminescence to break through the shadowy vale like a homing beacon. The renegade Pokémon would be here any second...
    Sorry about the lateness of my reply.

Stacey gave an impassioned plea mentally to her Gallade, she only hoped he heard her and would follow her orders. She could already see the differences between him and her Ralts, he was hardened, she could feel it, growing up in a world of War had made him such. He was knelt at her feet his arms crossed, his head bowed as he listened to her projected thoughts. He was beautiful, so impressive, she was glad that even without her guidance he had grown into such a stoic warrior. She could see more of his mother in him in his mannerisms, she searched his eyes for Lucius but right now he was so stern and serious, so unlike his father it made her heart bleed. She berated herself for feeling this way, he could read her emotions to after all and they all needed to be focused. She tried to push away the longing for the Griseous Orb but she felt its call in her flesh, they had to get it away from that monster. She could hear the roar of the army below them, they had to act quickly, he had to follow his orders.

Stacey felt his mind push into her own, entering her memory and searching for something. She didn't feel violated like she thought she would, she just felt like she was sharing with him. The feeling was disconcerting however and she shook a little before his amazing voice filled her mind, so mature and self-assured. Time appeared to have slowed to a snails pace whilst this was happening. He had heard her plan and was prepared to follow, the word Master felt foreign, most of her Pokemon called her Mistress. She felt time shoot back into normality and Valentine moved into action, so agile and lithe he moved with the night almost silently as he leapt into the air and slashed at the noose around the old hag's neck freeing her from her death grip.

His presences and actions hadn't gone unnoticed however and the army of ground-bases shadow Pokemon roared in anger and frustration, unable to get to them. The ones in the air however were not so burdened. Their eyes glowed like blood red beacons in the sky, she could make out powerful fliers like Charizard, Hyrdreigon and Salamence. Before them Shadowy Fireballs formed illuminating the ground below. Stacey's eyes grew wide as she looked to her warrior, he last hope as he made no sign of movement. A single tear fell from the dark blue orbs as the fire washed over the ground, incinerating anything that was there. She had ordered his death in blue flame, he had saved the gypsy only for them to be destroyed moments later. She could no longer hear the crazed laughter of Syrian, all she could here was her own mental scream, so loud it drowned out the explosion and the fire consuming everything it touched.

Suddenly a battle cry fills the air and Stacey is drawn away from the charred earth to the armies in the skies and below the plateau. A small streak of light appeared in the sky ... it was Shaymin, he had flew into action. Shadow Fireballs were fired in his direction and he glide through them with ease, he was amazing! The beasts above her had broken away to chase after the grass legend engaging in a Shadow Blitz assault. He flew through the convoy making it through the tightest of gaps coming to stop above them. He glowed a radiant green before releasing his Seed Flare peppering them with the extreme attack. He struck them all and they fell through the sky landing on the ground dead, no longer a threat. He had made a dent in the army ... no, more like a chip but his power was astounding, perhaps there was hope after all.

The attacks were unrelenting though and a wave of Shadow Chill that he couldn't possible dodge strike him, his cry of pain resonating through the valley. Even so the Shadow Pokemon were still under attack, straining to see where the mysterious attacker was she could see thick vines ripping through the ground ensnaring a Rhyhorn and dragging it into the undergrowth. The Pokemon in a frenzied panic were now firing their attacks at the ground hoping to hit their unseen foe.

A low croak drew her attention back to the mesa, the Shadow Toxicroak was trying to get the attention of his Master but he was looking at his army falling one sycophant at a time, a look of rage in his eyes. The Grescious Orb was pulse with such ferocity now, Giratina must be close. He had such a tight grip on it she feared that she's have to prise it from his cold dead hands. Killing him wasn't an issue, but it would waste more precious time they didn't have. Toxicroak had the gypsy's Dusknoir in a Shadow Hold, his eyes nervous and darting around.

Suddenly a voice sounds in her head, a voice that had her heart beating faster, the handsome voice of her warrior. Feeling his mental lead she turned to see his gripping on to the cliff face, completely unharmed, his red cape billowing in the wind shrouding him and making him look even more impressive. He must have Teleported away from the impact at just the right moment to fool the Shadow Pokemon. She felt ashamed to have thought him dead. She radiated pride and happiness at seeing him alive and hoped he could feel it too. He gave her a quick wink and for a brief moment she saw Lucius reflected in his eyes before he was gone. She searched the skies for him before she spotted his red form in the air breaking into a nose dive headed right for the Toxicroak. He spins in the air landing on the toad with his feet taking him by surprise. He kicks Dusknoir out of the headlock the toad had on him and the ghost wastes no time in floating over to the hills searching for his Master. Toxicroak looked truly afraid now that he was at the mercy of the Gallade. Valentine's swords glowed a bright pink and in one fluid motion he decapitated the toad leaving his body to collapse lifelessly to the ground. Stacey could see the flash of remorse in his eyes and for a second she felt shock, she didn't think he would so powerful as to kill the beast but she felt no remorse for his loss, he got what was coming to him. She was only sorry she had made her Valentine kill another.

As if sensing this he makes a quick quip and Stacey felt a smile form on her lips, he reminded her so much of her Banette then and seeing both of his parents rolled into one warmed her heart. She felt the humour break the tension of the situation before Sirian's voice cut through their moment. He taunted Iris for her futile efforts as he holds the Griseous Orb higher, its luminescent glow filling the valley. Its pulses were growing ever quicker and more powerful. Stacey felt her body and soul drawn to the orb so badly now that she was actually reaching out for it without knowing she had moved. Her eyes were locked on the fiercely glowing yellow stone, she had to have it, she needed to touch it again, to feel alive one more time. The fact that Giratina was coming or not was almost unimportant now, she just needed that orb.

She tried to compose her thoughts, to push her raw longing away but it was always screaming at the back of her mind, her body reacted regardless. She managed to compose her mind enough to call out to Valentine but she knew he would feel what she was feeling and call her bluff.

'Val, we need to get that Griseous Orb away from him. Giratina is coming and if it arrives there's nothing we can do to stop it. He can't be allowed to control Giratina, the world will end. I neeed you you to get the orb away from him ... please. I ... We need it' The last parts were so pathetically begging, almost a whisper as her need overtook her again. SHe shook her head and groaned gaining some composure again.

'If you use your Psychic perhaps you call pull it out of his grasp. If that doesn't work then [b]Slash[/]b his wrists, that should make him drop it, confuse his mid with Confusion. Whatever you can, I just need that orb!' She sounded desperate now. She just hoped that he would see through the power the orb had over her and understand that deep down she wanted to save the world and her intentions were good.

~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 16

Whew, just barely at the end of the month! I'm going to be focusing on finals for the next two weeks, so I won't be updating during that time, though I'd be happy to do a good amount of updating over the holiday break!

The Divine Woodland

Diamond Lake

Meetan

Swellow was really close to breaking free and getting out with a frozen lunch, so you and Swinub needed to make sure Surskit saw another day. So Swinub needed to start exploiting the type advantage he had as an Ice-type, and shot a chilling Beam straight into Swellow’s face, dealing a ton of damage. Meanwhile, Surskit was able to get its legs and half of its body free, but Swellow was feeling the pressure. Why deal with ice on its feet when it was close to losing consciousness? Swellow tries to Fly, but Swinub had other plans for Swellow and let loose a Shard of sharp Ice which shatters against the bird’s torso and causes it to drop to the ground unconscious! Swinub gains one level!

Now that Surskit was guaranteed safety from this predator, you could take the time to thaw it out, and with the Bug-type still able to help itself along, it isn’t long before you can shake all the ice off Surskit, though it finds itself very cold and exhausted. Suddenly, you see a man in his 30s dressed in a ranger’s outfit walk up to you. “Hello there!” he calls out to you. “I noticed the Swellow flying around, so I came to check things out. Great job saving that little one, by the way.” As he comes closer, he sees the little water strider shivering. “Hm, it looks pretty cold, and injured too. The outpost is a little far, though Surskit probably stands a better chance there than out here.” Then Surskit’s forehead starts to feel warmer. “Ah, it’s coming down with a fever! And I happen to be out of medicine; do you have something that could help with a fever?”

What will Alice do?

Magus Falls

Kaisap112 – {Your update is here. A word of warning to you: if you don't reply by the time I start updating next month, I will put your adventure on hold.}

Eyrie Peak

Posy Field

Jolteonjak & Son_of_Shadows – {Jolteonjak still needs to reply to this update.}

Dead Forest

Toxic Marsh

Ampharos_Dude – {If you could start posting in lime, that would be great. Thanks! =) }

Two inches of a wooden door was all that stood between you and a mother’s primal instincts, and you could hear her clawing getting through that all too quickly. Perhaps your Pokemon would be able to hold the door down; if not, you’d all be shredded to bits, so you bring Venipede back out again and ask Cherry to help. Both Pokemon were afraid the Linoone would Slash through the door and get them while they were holding it, but they did as asked and went to the door, trying to use their bodies to keep the door in place.

Meanwhile, you and Cherubi had a Zigzagoon to deal with, so the battle continued, as you only had Cherubi Tackle the Zigzagoon a few more times, hoping they would continue to ram each other with results that went your way. The first time, both collided into each other for normal damage, though Cherubi was starting to feel the effects of its stat drops. During the next Tackles into each other, Zigzagoon was fighting pretty hard, but Cherubi scored another critical hit against Zigzagoon, causing it to yelp in pain again. One more round of Tackles to go! Again, Cherubi strikes with normal damage, while Zigzagoon didn’t quite have a good handle on this battle and almost missed your Grass-type. Both Pokemon were equal in energy, but, thanks to a couple of crits from Cherubi, your side had a clear health advantage, with Zigzagoon at about 1/3 of its health.

The clawing gets worse, however: Mama Line knows her baby is in danger, and that meant you were in danger too! Suddenly, you could hear the Linoone growling at something… “Hey, Shiro, y’all okay in thar? I’m gonna try ‘n wrestle with the mama; if you can catch that baby ya got with ya, do it quick!” The fact that Ronnie was going to deal with Linoone helped comfort you a little.

“Be careful, Ronnie!” Louie warns. “She’s got sharp claws and teeth!”

“I know that, just make sure the other two babies don’t go runnin’ off somewhere!” says the Squirtleman.

What will Shiro do?

Missingno. Master

How Roxie was related to this very family, you simply conclude a stroke of luck behind it. You were certain other trainers would be jealous once you told them you met her. Better yet, the family was going to let you see their Poison-type Pokemon while you let Gemini recover! Oh, but first… you probably wanted to know who the people at the door were… Ah yes, I see you’ve asked Shelly about them! “Well, he’s a horrible-lookin’ man with a red and white ball ‘a hair, and his thugs ‘r just as grungy lookin’,” Shelley tells you while glaring towards the door. “They want our property and our Pokemon, claimin’ our license to breed has expired. They’re technically right since the licensing paper was misplaced, and one of our Grimer got to it and got sludge all over it. They’ve given us two, three weeks to renew it, but it takes at least a month to renew it an’ get the paper sent out to us, an’ they probably know it!"

After a few more choice words from Bo, you decide to see for yourself just who these jerks might be, so you decide to stand close to the table but at a place where you could easily look out the doorway. Sure enough, all you could really focus on was the red and white afro since that was the defining characteristic about this guy. The other two were shorter, had goggles, and wore street-style mechanic’s workclothes. Another “GIT OUTTA HERE!” from Bo, and the three finally flee, but you knew as much as the family probably did… they’d be back. “Sorry ya had ta see that, kid,” Bo says as he comes back to the dining room table. “Those men, Shelley… they’re givin’ us a week ‘fore they come back and take our Pokemon away from us… ain’t much we can do to stop ‘em, neither… at least, nothin’ that wouldn’t git us in trouble with the law; they haven’t done anythin’ wrong, but my gut says those guys want our Pokemon fer somethin’ bad.”

What will Keith do?

The Burial Ground

Marion Ette – {Your update is here.}
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 30th November 2012 at 6:22 PM. Reason: Edited in title

Dead Forest

Toxic Marsh

Ampharos_Dude – {If you could start posting in lime, that would be great. Thanks! =) }

Two inches of a wooden door was all that stood between you and a mother’s primal instincts, and you could hear her clawing getting through that all too quickly. Perhaps your Pokemon would be able to hold the door down; if not, you’d all be shredded to bits, so you bring Venipede back out again and ask Cherry to help. Both Pokemon were afraid the Linoone would Slash through the door and get them while they were holding it, but they did as asked and went to the door, trying to use their bodies to keep the door in place.

Meanwhile, you and Cherubi had a Zigzagoon to deal with, so the battle continued, as you only had Cherubi Tackle the Zigzagoon a few more times, hoping they would continue to ram each other with results that went your way. The first time, both collided into each other for normal damage, though Cherubi was starting to feel the effects of its stat drops. During the next Tackles into each other, Zigzagoon was fighting pretty hard, but Cherubi scored another critical hit against Zigzagoon, causing it to yelp in pain again. One more round of Tackles to go! Again, Cherubi strikes with normal damage, while Zigzagoon didn’t quite have a good handle on this battle and almost missed your Grass-type. Both Pokemon were equal in energy, but, thanks to a couple of crits from Cherubi, your side had a clear health advantage, with Zigzagoon at about 1/3 of its health.

The clawing gets worse, however: Mama Line knows her baby is in danger, and that meant you were in danger too! Suddenly, you could hear the Linoone growling at something… “Hey, Shiro, y’all okay in thar? I’m gonna try ‘n wrestle with the mama; if you can catch that baby ya got with ya, do it quick!” The fact that Ronnie was going to deal with Linoone helped comfort you a little.

“Be careful, Ronnie!” Louie warns. “She’s got sharp claws and teeth!”

“I know that, just make sure the other two babies don’t go runnin’ off somewhere!” says the Squirtleman.

What will Shiro do?
    {Will do }

After looking at Cherubi's battle for a while, Shiro thought that he could depend on Cherubi enough to believe in his win, so Shiro turned his attention towards the door that Cherry and Venipede were guarding.
    "I hope that Zigzagoon mother doesn't know any door breaking moves..." Shiro thought, but still decided to increase his defenses, as he saw that the two pokemon started sliding a little back.
    "Venipede, use Defense Curl, and stay against that door!" He shouted, relaxing a little.

Soon Ronnie announced that he would start to wrestle with "Mama Line", and Shiro started to get crazy thoughts as he started to imagine Ronny actually wrestling with a large Zigzagoon. Although it made him a little relieved, but he also worried a little for Ronnie's safety. He also thought about catching the little baby, but he thought to use other means.
    "Sorry little Zigzagoon, but your bedtime is near! Cherubi! Cherry! Let's try our new combo attack, Double Bullet Seed!" Shiro shouted with all his courage, and pointed his left pointer finger at the Zigzagoon. Although he felt a little sorry for the baby, but he rather had the Zigzagoon suffer in his stead, rather than get the "Mama Line"'s claws in his back. And besides, the faster he got rid of this rodent case, the faster he would see the "turtles" that the Squirtleman promised to show.

Dead Forest

Toxic Marsh

Missingno. Master

How Roxie was related to this very family, you simply conclude a stroke of luck behind it. You were certain other trainers would be jealous once you told them you met her. Better yet, the family was going to let you see their Poison-type Pokemon while you let Gemini recover! Oh, but first… you probably wanted to know who the people at the door were… Ah yes, I see you’ve asked Shelly about them! “Well, he’s a horrible-lookin’ man with a red and white ball ‘a hair, and his thugs ‘r just as grungy lookin’,” Shelley tells you while glaring towards the door. “They want our property and our Pokemon, claimin’ our license to breed has expired. They’re technically right since the licensing paper was misplaced, and one of our Grimer got to it and got sludge all over it. They’ve given us two, three weeks to renew it, but it takes at least a month to renew it an’ get the paper sent out to us, an’ they probably know it!"

After a few more choice words from Bo, you decide to see for yourself just who these jerks might be, so you decide to stand close to the table but at a place where you could easily look out the doorway. Sure enough, all you could really focus on was the red and white afro since that was the defining characteristic about this guy. The other two were shorter, had goggles, and wore street-style mechanic’s workclothes. Another “GIT OUTTA HERE!” from Bo, and the three finally flee, but you knew as much as the family probably did… they’d be back. “Sorry ya had ta see that, kid,” Bo says as he comes back to the dining room table. “Those men, Shelley… they’re givin’ us a week ‘fore they come back and take our Pokemon away from us… ain’t much we can do to stop ‘em, neither… at least, nothin’ that wouldn’t git us in trouble with the law; they haven’t done anythin’ wrong, but my gut says those guys want our Pokemon fer somethin’ bad.”

What will Keith do?
    Keith shook his head in disgust as Shelley explained that the men at the front door were looking to take their property and their Pokemon. "That's horrible," Keith stated before he decided to look and see who they were for himself. His jaw dropped as he noticed the one man's gigantic red and white afro. Only one person in the history of existence had that kind of look- Miror B. Keith had heard of Miror B., for sure- a high-ranking member of a criminal organization that operated in the distant Orre region. He was known for his evilness, his dancing skills, and his extravagant afro in equal measures. As Bo shouted at them again, the trio fled, but Keith had a grave feeling that they'd be back. Bo re-entered the house and apologized to Keith that he had to see that, and then informed Shelley that they were only giving them one more week, and they couldn't legally do anything to stop them. Keith said nothing at first, but he was not happy at all. He knew all too well that Bo's gut feeling about what Miror B. and his thugs wanted their Pokemon for was most likely dead-on. Criminals had a history of making use of Poison-types, which largely accounted for the type's iffy reputation around the world, something Keith was never happy about. He loved Poison-types very much, and wanted others to see them in a more positive light. Besides, he was really liking this family, and he didn't want them to lose their home or their Pokemon.

"If there's anything I can do to help with this," he said, "just let me know. I'd hate for you to lose your home and your Pokemon, especially to someone like that. With hair like that, that has to be Miror B.- he's supposed to be this criminal from the Orre region, definitely bad news." Keith sighed, then changed the subject back to the original one. "So, as I was saying, I'd love to see your Poison-type Pokemon," he said.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

Charminions: Judging by the sounds of the song sung by Nidoran and her compatriot, help was on its way. You act quickly, hoping to finish her off before the help arrives. Osage begins things by approaching Nidoran to attack her. Instead of a frontal assault with his claws like a usual slash, he speedily waves his claws around until they become faint and finally strikes her knocking her off her feet. You hear a howl suddenly coming from Nidoran’s partner in song, and the sound is awfully close. With only one opponent, thus far, Pigkey takes this opportunity to show Nidoran exactly what she thought of being confused for most of this battle. She gathers mega force in her fist and closes in to strike. Pigkey punches Nidoran knocking her back even further.

At this point, Nidoran is starting to struggle to get back to her feet. Osage and Pigkey both watch her and begin to prepare their next attacks, all the while forgetting about their guest. Out of some bushes behind you all, a canine Pokémon approaches. The dark furred Bite Pokémon surveys the scene, while Pigkey charges her fist with electricity. The Mightyena now pounces at Pigkey when it realizes its friend is in danger. At the last moment, Pigkey realizes this, and she’s able to get out of the way placing it and Nidoran between Pigkey and her. With her fist still charging, she charges Mightyena, having a second opponent to deal with, attempting to deliver a thundrous punch. Osage fires a beam filled with ice energy, which Nidoran barely dodges. The beam hits Mightyena on its side, at the same time Pigkey’s Thunderpunch hits. This causes an explosion of ice and electric energy which knocks both Mightyena and Pigkey back a few yards. Pigkey’s fist is left glowing a light blue, presumably with residual energy from the attack collision.

Nidoran, meanwhile, dives at Osage weakly scratching and biting him; a good sign that she doesn’t have much left in her to continue the fight. Mightyena gets back on its feet and quickly charges and fires a couple balls of shadowy energy at Pigkey and Osage. Pigkey immediately dodges the attack.

What will you do?
    Charm does his best to finish off the Nidoran before another foe arrives. Enacting his orders, Osage leaps in before swerving to the side and slamming into the Nidoran (F) with a Faint Attack. The blow leaves its mark, but at that moment a Howl is heard from a not-so-far distance.

"Oh ****," Charm cursed. "We gotta hurry!" Pigkey follows up on this, charging energy into her fist before delivering a Mega Punch at the weakened Poison Pin Pokemon who falls back from the strike.

The Nidoran staggerishly rises up once again as the duo Pokemon ready themselves for their next orders. Upon the crackling of Pigkey's lightning fist, a rather large Hyena of a dark nature pops into the scene, blocking Pigkey's way. "Well this is unpleasant," Charm remarks. "Now we have this guy to worry about."

Osage and Pigkey move on with their orders anyway, the Sneasel releasing his bolting beam of ice energy, which the beaten Nidoran somehow dodges, but still moving on and dealing a nice blow on the Mightyena right as Pigkey delivers a mighty Thunder Punch to the same dark canine. An explosion of electricity and ice occurs from the blasts as Mightyena and Pigkey both take some damage from it. The Mankey's hand is also glowing a dull blue for some reason, perhaps from the ice energy.

Nidoran uses this chance to feebly Scratch and Bite Osage while the healthier Mightyena gets back up and fires off several Shadow Balls at Pigkey and Osage, but fortunately missing Pigkey.

Charm takes a short moment to examine the situation. "... there's no flipping way we're going to take on a second opponent, Viola's Trunphan is getting sicker by the minute. Pigkey, Fury Swipes at Mightyena's eyes to blind him as much as you can. Osage, I want you to deliver a double Ice Punch at Nidoran before dealing a Crush Claw at the same target. Then Pigkey, a double Thunder Punch at Nidoran to compliment Osage's Ice Punches. We're gonna make a run for it as soon as I try to catch that Nidoran.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
    Battle raged in the forest, as Livewire joined the fray, Aegis evolved, and the quad hammered the sleeping Queen with all their might. It seemed that the tide had turned since Steven's unfortunate defeat, and perhaps the battle between the hives would come to an end with it.

Or the other hive would focus all their efforts on Joshua and Chad, inevitably resulting in their painful deaths. Whichever.

As the Queen awoke however, it became clear that she wasn't going to go down easily, badly cracking Aegis' shell, which was swiftly followed up by more Beedrills taking potshots with Poison Stings. Aegis was seriously going to need the Pokémon Centre after this one, but his performance thus far had been admirable.

Joshua was beginning to become frustrated by the interference of the soldier Beedrill, protecting their Queen. Fortunately, he had little to worry about, as the Beedrill that he had assisted before raced in along with another, to act as perimeter guards. It was as though it was saying "Finish the fight!" And finish it they did. Livewire and Wooper blasted the Shiny Queen with all they had, and even the sick Queen Beedrill managed to take a potshot. The enemy queen had fallen, and her soldiers reacted... badly. The majority of them were panicking, but a few who actually seemed to know what they were doing had the Queen picked up, and began to retreat - along with Steven, Karrablast and the Teddiursa.

"You are NOT getting away! Bishop, I'm sorry, but I need you again!" called Joshua, throwing Bishop's Pokéball in the air. The brown owl Pokémon appeared again in a flash of light. "Bishop, chase after them, and hit them with an Air Slash attack to make them drop their hostages! Chad, anything you can do here?"[/size]

OOC: Determined to help get Steven back? You don't know Livewire very well...

Utter chaos began to break out in the hive as the attack on Queen Shiny brought her health dangerously low. Her falling health alerted some of the other Beedrill to rush by her side and aid in attacking Chad’s and Joshua’s Pokemon. The enemy Beedrill, however, had decided to help Chad and Joshua out by attacking the Queen’s Beedrill leaving them to fight Queen Shiny once again. Attack after attack assaulted the Queen bringing her health lower and lower. She tried to exact revenge, mostly on Aegis though as she even managed to crack his shell. She attacked Heracross, but her attacks couldn’t damage him too much with his beefed up defenses. Even the opposing queen Beedrill, whom Chad thought they would have to fight next, joined in with an attack to Queen Shiny. Ultimately it took everyone involved to finally defeat Queen Shiny.

“She’s down!” Chad exclaimed. “Nice job everyone! Wooper, come here. Have some berries.” He fed Wooper a Pecha Berry (1 of 2) and an Oran Berry (1 of 2). He takes a can of Lemonade (1 of 10) from his backpack and tosses it to Heracross. “Great job buddy! Have a quick drink!”

Wooper finished eating the berries; the Pecha Berry cleansed his body of the poison. All of a sudden, he began to glow a faint blue light. He began to grow in size. Small arms sprouted from his sides. His tail grew bigger and fuller. And finally his antennae disappeared. When the glowing ceased, Wooper had changed. Wooper had evolved!

“Whoa, Wooper, what happened to you?” Chad looked confused.

“Quaaaag, quagsiiiiiiirrrre,” the creature replied.

Chad withdrew his Pokedex to scan it:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Quagsire, the Water Fish Pokemon and the evolved form of Wooper. Quagsire has an easygoing nature. It doesn’t care if it bumps its head on boats and boulders while swimming. It hunts for food by leaving its mouth wide open in water and waiting for its prey to blunder in unaware.
    ”Congratulations Wooper, I mean Quagsire!” Chad bent over to hug his new Quagsire. Chad looked at the prisoner Teddiursa whom he was about to head over to see, but she along with Steven and Karrablast were taken away along with Queen Shiny by her remaining Beedrill. “Come back!”

Chad looked to Quagsire for help. “Quick Quagsire, try another Psybeam at the Beedrill! Then if you can reach them without harming the captives use Scald!” Chad thought to begin giving chase to those Beedrill, but his mind turned to his missing Numel. “Oh man. Numel is still missing. Heracross, I need you to scout around outside the hive to see if you can find Numel and bring him back.”

Stats
    Claiming 1 level for Heracross and 1 level for Wooper/Quagsire
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 2nd December 2012 at 5:44 PM. Reason: Forgot links to items! Doh!

OkikuMew: You arrive at a small grove of Black Apricorn trees. With a laundry list of Apricorns to collect for Andersen, you decide to get right to work on the black ones first. You remember the information about harvesting an Apricorn, but in his haste Andersen forgot to explain how to tell what a mature Apricorn looks like.

Luckily, you have your Pokedex with you, so you begin to scan through its electronic pages. Right there between Apicot Berries and Baltoy is an entry on Apricorns. You skim through the information looking for what you need:

With this knowledge you approach a low-hanging Apricorn on the first tree. On the first try, tapping it with your fingernail produces a hollow metallic sound. Using the information you received from the Pokéball Maker, you cut the Apricorn off the tree and place it in the Apricorn Box.

You walk to the next tree with Black Apricorns and look around for low enough Apricorn to check. When you find one, you approach it to test its maturity. Tapping the Apricorn makes a dense thump, as if you were tapping on the tree itself. You look around some more for an appropriate Apricorn, when you start hearing some chirping.

“Hoot hoooot,” the noise comes from above. You spot a round brown Pokémon with large eyes appearing to stand on one foot. The Hoot Hoot is standing next to an Apricorn and taps it with its beak. It’s faint, but you can make out the familiar metallic sound your first Apricorn made.

After a short climb and a snip, you place your second Apricorn in the box and move on to your next tree. You discover the Hoot Hoot had already arrived at the tree, and it seems to be pointing at another Apricorn. Hoping to go three-for-three, you rush over to the Apricorn, which also happens to be at eye level. You reach out to grab the Apricorn, but as soon as you touch it, it pops and pieces of Apricorn scatter all over the area even on you.

“Hoot hoot hoot hoot!” you hear the Hoot Hoot, and it seems like it’s laughing. Then it flies away still laughing.

You search the tree once more, and you finally find your third Black Apricorn. With your quota for them filled, you wonder what is next. Max’s nose seems to have picked up scents in different directions; to your left and in front of you.

Without knowing the area, you have a choice of where to go. Which way will you go?

OOC: If you prefer your character to be using a blade or scissors of some kind, feel free to use that in place of my mentioning of fingernails. I didn’t want to assume anything.
    It's my habit of writing in first person but I got reprimanded for it once... I better not take a chance and switch to "good old" third person.

Thankfully the Pokédex did have information related to when Apricorns are ripped. Okiku took a small step back though when the electronic encyclopedia mentioned the exploding over-matured Apricorns.

"...I'll go grab my pocket knife for this, thank you very much," she nervously said to herself and indirectly to her companion.

After she took her pocket knife out of her backpack, she started checking on the black apricorns that were around her. Lucky for her, the one on her first try was perfectly ripped. She took it just like the man she's helping taught her to and dropped it in the box just for the special berries. Second one she tested was totally not matured enough. She went finding another apricorn to test its ripeness, when she heard something hooting above her head. She looked up and spotted a Hoothoot, playfully pecking an Apricorn and making a faint but distinct metallic noise.

"Oh, hey there!" Okiku spoke to the flying Pokémon. "Thanks for finding one! If you don't mind that I take it, that is..."

She started climbing up the tree a bit, picked up the Apricorn, and put it in the Apricorn box. She climbed down, and quickly saw that the Hoothoot flew towards another tree, landing on a branch near another Apricorn. Assuming it was safe to take it as the helpful little owl guided her to the previous one, she took it in one hand... only for it to burst and splatter all over the place, including all over Okiku's clothes, face and hair. The Hoothoot burst into some kind of laughter at her mistake, while Max couldn't help but snicker at her new fashion statement. The trainer put her hands on her hips, but smiled.

"...Well aren't you a hoot," she teasingly shook her head at the bird before it flew away, still laughing its feathers off.

After rubbing and flicking off the exploded Apricorn leftovers (which randomly made her wondering if it's possible to eat it, being some kind of fruit or berry and all), she looked at the tree again, spotted another Apricorn and tested it with her knife. Luckily it was perfect to pick up, so she plucked it and dropped it in the box.

"And that one makes three! Sweet, we got all the black ones he needed!" she exclaimed joyfully to her Poochyena. "So time to look for the other colours. Let's see..." She takes out the now-squashed list from her pocket. "Blue, red and yellows, that's the other ones left needed. ...Got any ideas Max?"

The dog sniffed the air, then barked twice while facing in a different direction for each to indicate the spots he may have smelled Apricorns: one time on Okiku's left, and another right towards her.

"Hmm..." she pondered aloud, "which side does it smell the strongest?"

The Poochyena simply gave his trainer an undecided look.

"I'll take that as an 'I dunno'. Meh, let's go to the left," she pointed out the direction, "besides, left is my favourite side!"

Max immediately dashed to the direction of Okiku's strongest hand, which she promptly followed right behind him.

Allishinca: The riddle required some careful thought from you and Pluto. You sat down to think, pondering various answers ranging from Rapidash to Buneary. Pluto, who had figured it out already, mimed the answer to you. With some careful charades, Pluto convinced you of what he thought the answer was. As you rose to your feet, you spoke the answer clearly, "I believe the answer to your riddle is a male Nidoran, Mr. Guardian, sir."

"Prepare to suffer the most horrible," you suddenly hear a voice announcing, "wait, male Nidoran?" You hear a snap, and Beeheyem appears in front of you. "Wonderful job!" the Guardian speaks telepathically. "You passed the first test!" With the announcement you hear the wall in front of you begin to rumble. A door opens, going further into the temple. "Go on," Beheeyem speaks, "I'll be waiting for you." The Cerebral Pokemon bows and disappears. "Unless," Beheeyem reappears, and you hear the door behind you rumbling open as well, "you don't want to continue? This will be your last chance to turn away. Well it technically it won't be, but I don't want to create new riddles for you to pass through rooms you have already passed through. The choice is yours."

You look down the corridor, and you see torches light the way automatically. The corridor itself doesn't look threatening at all. Like the entrance, you can see its condition has been kept up. As Beheeyem said, the choice is yours. Which way will you go?
    Alli and Pluto leaned forward while awaiting a response.

"Prepare to suffer the most horrible," a sudden voice announces. Alli's face turned pale as her eyes grew large. She fell down forward onto her knees while holding herself tightly. Her greedy Sableye companion, for a brief moment, felt a twinge of guilt at having involved his trainer in such a dangerous endeavor. He turned with the intent of running to his trainer for one last embrace when-

"Wait, male Nidoran?" With an abrupt snap, Beheeyem appeared in front of the duo. "Wonderful job!" Alli was on the verge of spitting tears when she comprehended the guardian's words. Pluto's jaw dropped, as he stood dumbfounded for a moment before regaining himself. "You passed the first test!" continued the guardian. The room shook lightly as a stone door lifted, displaying a dark hallway. "Go on," Beheeyem speaks, "I'll be waiting for you." The guardian then bowed politely before disappearing with a snap.

Pluto disregarded any sudden bought of emotion that he may have experienced in the last few seconds, and replaced it with an overly cocky response at his riddle answer being correct. Alli got back to her feet, and glanced down the dark corridor. "Unless," Beheeyem reappeared, followed by a second light rumbling. Alli turned to find the entrance way opening up as well. "You don't want to continue? This will be your last chance to turn away. Well it technically it won't be, but I don't want to create new riddles for you to pass through rooms you have already passed through. The choice is yours."

Alli looked down the hallway and found torches springing up in a beautiful parallel unison. Like the room they found themselves in, the new hallway was in good shape, untouched by time. Pluto was eager to continue their little adventure, and dashed towards the new entrance.
    "Wait a minute, Pluto." Pluto turned and looked back, as Alli swung her backpack off her. She was having a hard time setting aside the recent fright as Pluto had done. Rummaging through her bag, Alli pulled out her Cryptids notebook, and began to write a small update. For while they had yet to encounter any real aliens, such rumors could have originated from the guardian Beheeyem. She furthermore questioned what could lie at the end of the temple challenge. What exactly was this paradise?

Pluto eagerly hoped that treasure would be found, but in truth found himself doubting the guardian's word. Was his spaciness simple the result of years of social isolation? Or what is something else? Questioning whether or not he and Alli were being lead on by a mad man, Pluto glanced at his trainer for reassurance. Alli closed her notebook, and placed it back into her backpack before arising.

"Well, he said there was only five challenges. With one riddle down, that means only four to go." Pluto nodded in agreement, and took a small step towards the hallway. "And I think he did say we could back out later if we wanted to." Pluto took a few more steps towards to hall, and turned back while waiting for his trainer expectantly. Alli turned a longing glance towards the exit, before stepping forward and joining her Sableye for a strut down the new hallway.

Last edited by allishinca; 2nd December 2012 at 4:43 PM.

~Waterfall Valley~

Myrrh: Volts wastes no time, as he immediately launches an attack at Surskit, quickly knocking the Pond Skater off its feet. Despite its increased speed, Surskit wasn't able to prepare for the attack. Surskit gets back on its feet and spits out a few bubbles at Volts. The bubbles wobble over slowly, and Volts is able to dodge all but one. The lone bubble merely pops on one of Volts' tail spikes.

The lack of damage done to Volts slightly upsets Surskit. It jumps in the air and fires a beam of bubbles at Volts. The force of the Bubblebeam propels Surkit backwards a few feet. Volts takes a chance, covering himself in a dark aura pursuing Surskit. Volts' tail, being up in the air, gets continuously pelted by the bubbles, but he tackles Surskit before it lands on the ground. Both Pokemon stare each other down breathing heavily.

It soon appears as though Surskit is no longer staring at Volts, or you for that matter. Volts' ears, pick up a noise from behind you, a twig snapping, and turns to see. You turn too, and see a young man, maybe around your age slowly approaching. "Oops! Sorry about that," the man said nervously. "I was at my campsite, and I heard some noise nearby. Thought I'd investigate." Meanwhile, Surskit takes advantage of Volts' distraction to launch another beam of bubbles at the EleSquirrel. "Oh dear. Your Pachirisu is under attack," the man points towards the scuffle.

The bubbles, though still in the shape of a beam, fly slowly; a sure sign that the battle is drawing to an end. What will you do?
    Myrrh had a feeling that the battle was not going to end with that last set of attacks, but he was still somewhat disappointed regardless. Volts didn't seem to take too much more damage, but it was obviously tired from all the skirmishes against the Surskit.

The Surskit stopped for a moment, and so did Volts, and Myrrh then realized why. A young man made his way to the three of them. "Oops! Sorry about that," the man said nervously. "I was at my campsite, and I heard some noise nearby. Thought I'd investigate."

"Oh, hello there. As you can see I'm in a battle against this Surskit here and-"

"Oh dear. Your Pachirisu is under attack." interrupts the young man.

"Ah crap, you're right. Volts, try dodging the Bubble Beam and then attack afterwards with Dig. Then try to follow it up with Iron Tail. We don't have much left, but I don't think Surskit does either. Try to end it here!"

Out of Character: If possible, could you write this adventure as if I still only have one pokemon, Volts does not have an Electric attack, and is still normal colored? If you already have something planned, then by all means go with that.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast