Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 324

Thread: Astoria - The Enchanted Forest

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Dead Forest


    Missingno. Master

    You and the Bullwinkles weren’t quite sure how the Gastly got out of their pen, all you knew was that you needed to find them and bring them back before they wandered off too far and got lost. You weren’t quite sure where to start, but a casual glance back towards the snake pit and you suddenly smell something out of place in there. It didn’t smell serpentine at all. You couldn’t explain it, but you were somehow able to smell something different in there. While the others were busy looking in their respective areas, you carefully open the cage door and close it behind you, then follow the mysterious scent, making sure you didn’t step on or trip over any snakes slithering under you. Occasionally an Ekans or a cranky Seviper bluff-strikes at you for getting too close, but you still walk slowly towards the source of the scent, making sure not to move too suddenly so you didn’t become a pincushion for snake fangs. You then find yourself in a corner of the pit where the snakes nearby aren’t staring at you but a small puff of smoke, likely curious and/or nervous of this strange presence. You slowly reach out and grab the puff of smoke and give it a tug- “Ga!” the little Gastly cries out in surprise. That’s one! You hastily pull it into your arms just before a Seviper’s jaws closed on where the baby used to be, then slowly walk back out of the snake pit and take the little trickster to Haunter. “Nice, you found one!” Shelley points out.

    Next, you find yourself at the Stunky and Skuntank’s pen, and it was a lot harder to smell anything other than Skunk Pokemon. It wasn’t until you looked past the overpowering odor that you could see another Gastly playing with a couple of baby Stunky. Phew, this would be a nightmare! You quickly rush in, grab the Gastly, and run as far away from there as you possibly could before taking the second baby to her mother; even though you had a Skuntank and could handle her scent, a whole family of skunks was still unbearable! Another stinkfest awaited as you then found yourself in front of the pen for Trubbish and Garbodor. Sigh, you could spend hours just sitting here seeing the Trubbish play with the trash toys, each other, the little puff ball right in the mid- Wait a minute, you’d seen that before … #3! You try and gently tug the puffball away from the baby Trubbish that was playing with it, but it didn’t want to give it up … at least until the puffball turned into its Gastly form and scared the poor thing, making it cry and run to its mommy. Aw…

    Anyway, you return the Gastly to its mommy and see if you can help OMZ ROXIE!!! –ahem, look for the other two. Ah, Roxie… she looks so cute with her outfit and her pink puffballs on her head. Pink puffballs!? You reach out to grab the puffballs … and they’re regular puffballs. “Ga!” “Ga!” the two puffballs cry out. The last two! “Uh … wow, I’m impressed!” Roxie says to you. “You found all the Gastly when we’d normally take hours to find them! I can’t figure out how you did it!” Roxie’s impressed??? Oh wowwwww… So you take the last two Gastly to the worried Haunter, and … well, she’s not so worried anymore! You suddenly feel her floating hands push you towards her from behind until your body is pressed against her happy, ghostly face. “Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you soooooooooooo much!” you find yourself able to perfectly understand what the mother Haunter says as she gives your entire body a big, wet Lick out of gratitude, to which Roxie and the others laugh. She then lets go of your body and uses her hands to herd her children back into their home, but you could swear that she winked at you just before the door closed on the Ghost Pokemon.

    “Haha, that momma Haunter has her hands full with those kids of hers, and for you to find them all by yer lonesome is some feat! No wonder she likes ya!” Shelley says, her face beaming as well. “Well, I think you should be rewarded too! And no, it ain’t a kiss, I wouldn’t want Haunter ta get jealous!” she quips before going over to a basket and removing something from it. Once she returns to you she reveals what it is: “Here, take this! It’s a Yellow Apricorn, you can use that to make a Moon Ball so you can catch Pokemon that evolve when exposed to Moon Stones. Like the Nidoran over there!” She points over to the stables noted earlier. “You wanna go see ‘em?” Rebecca chimes in. “They’ve also got a special place for their Bug-types that’s separate from the barn here,” Roxie added. “I’d actually like to go there, it’s almost feeding time for the Scolipede and Ariados families!” It’d be a little while before Bo and Sally come back, so you could choose: hang out with ROXIEEEE!!! –uh, some more, or go see the Nidoran, they were certainly Pokemon you weren’t familiar with.

    What will Keith do?[/size]
    Keith proceeded to search the Venom Barn, and was able to actually locate every single Gastly by himself! Unfortunately, he was forced at one point to take one of the Gastly away from a baby Trubbish that was playing with it, and then the Gastly resumed its usual form, sending the Trubbish run crying to its mother. Keith wanted to help calm the Trubbish down, but he had to find the other Gastly. And find him he did. He smiled and blushed as Roxie stated that she was impressed with how he found all the Gastly. "Heh, well... I kinda have a way with Gastly," he stated. Then, the mother Haunter was... extremely grateful, to put it mildly. She thanked Keith enthusiastically- apparently in Haunter language, though Keith found he could understand it perfectly! Come to think of it, he never had ever heard a Gastly, Haunter, or Gengar speak in its native language before- he had met Cheshire, Marion's Gastly, and he had spoken in English from day one, and the same with Chuck, his own Gastly. But as Keith was dwelling on this, the Haunter then gave him a huge Lick, much to the amusement of everyone else. As the Ghost-types went back into their pen, Keith could've sworn that the Haunter had winked at him. Certainly, what she more than likely had in mind was more feasible than anyone else in the barn knew, but Keith had no inclination whatsoever to act on this, for the same reason he wasn't flirting with Roxie like he would have been had this happened prior to November of last year- he already had a girlfriend, after all, and wouldn't trade her for the world.

    Shelley then stated that Keith ought to be rewarded for his help, and she gave him a Yellow Apricorn, explaining that it could be made into a Moon Ball, which excelled in the capture of Pokemon that evolved through the use of Moon Stones, "Thanks," Keith grinned as he accepted the Yellow Apricorn and placed it in his pocket. Keith was then given an offer to go and see the Nidoran, and Keith found it a tempting offer. Roxie, however, was more in favor of going to see the Bug-types, as it was nearly feeding time for the Scolipede and Ariados families. As much as Keith enjoyed hanging out with ONLY THE BEST POISON-TYPE SPECIALIST IN THE WORLD, it wasn't often he got to see Nidoran.

    "Sure, I'd love to go and see the Nidoran," Keith stated. "As many Poison-types as I own, I have to admit, I'm not too familiar with Nidoran."


    *Obtained the Yellow Apricorn!*

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Wow, this one's at the tail end of the month. Sorry guys, this set took WAY longer for me to write than it should have. (But LoL is so fun!) So yeah, hopefully I can get to a point where I can update you soon after you reply (in the midst of all my HW and other FB stuffz), and I'll be able to churn out more stuff and get your adventures done as quickly as possible!


    The Divine Woodland


    Diamond Lake

    Meetan

    Surskit was really feeling out of sorts by this point, so you needed to do something to stop the fever. So you offer a Casteliacone to maybe cool it back down, then have your Torchic warm it back up if it got too cold. “Hm,” the ranger ponders over your idea. “The Casteliacone will help, but a Fire attack might damage Surskit more, and we wouldn’t want that. Wait, I think I know a better way! Wartortle, I need your help!” he says before throwing out a Pokeball that unleashes a blue turtle with frilled ears and a beautiful tail. He then grabs a bucket nearby and sets it down in front of the turtle. “Okay, Wartortle, I need you to fill this bucket with your Scald attack, but try not to make the water too hot!” With that, the Wartortle spits out steaming hot water into the bucket, but when he finished the ranger put his finger into the water for a few seconds, then says, “Hm, that should be good! Try feeding Surskit your Casteliacone, then place it on this water.” You do as told, first feeding Surskit the delicious ice cream, and you can see the fever subside, but the water strider starts to shiver again. Yup, it was too cold, so you put the tips of Surskit’s legs into the warm water, and the change was almost miraculous: Surskit stopped shivering, and it didn’t look like it had a fever anymore! “Sur!” the cute water bug said, but then gave a sigh before it looked like it went to sleep. “Heh, well, looks like Surskit’s exhausted, and I don’t blame it!” the ranger chuckled before looking back to the lake. “All right, I want to see if Swellow is okay too,” he says, but when the both of you and Swinub look over to where the bird was, it was gone! “Wait, where could it be?” the ranger asks. “You knocked it out too recently for it to get up and fly away on its own!” On instinct, you take a closer look and find that instead of the limp Swellow, what took its place was this footprint:


    What will Alice do to solve “The Case of the Missing Swellow”?


    Alice laughed along, but it didn't last. When the pair of them looked round, Swellow was gone. "We'd have heard it before it could even start flying, or even get up to run away!" She agreed. After all, it was one big bird. She frowned, moving closer to inspect a footprint that had been left behind. "That's one big footprint, and it's definitely not Swellow's... It looks like a Persian's or something. Another Pokemon must've taken it!"

    They had to find Swellow, that was for sure. If something had taken the helpless flying-type, it probably wasn't for good reasons. What if it was a predator wanting food of its own? "Swinub, use your Odour Sleuth here to try and pick up a scent. If you can remember Swellow's, that'd be perfect, too!" The trainer added decisively, "We should keep an eye out for footprints, maybe take a picture if you have a camera. Then we can try and track it by prints and scent!"

    ((Stats.))

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    OkikuMew: Standing amongst four yellow Apricorn trees, you gaze at the first one and wonder which of the three Apricorns it yields is the ripe one. You think about climbing the tree to test all of the Apricorns. The thought of the climb, however, worries you about a fall; so you decide to enlist the help of some of your other team members. Tossing a couple Pokeballs in the air, a small bird and ghost appear. They receive clear instructions to watch you in case you fall.

    You begin to climb the tree for your first yellow Apricorn. Spi has already flown up to the branch, and he watches you inquisitively. Omen, on the other hand, is floating up behind you. You safely make it up onto the branch, and you slowly scooch along it to the Apricorn for inspection. After tapping that one, you discover the dense sound of an unripe Apricorn. Slightly dismayed, you scoot back over to the tree trunk.

    You look up at the highest Apricorn then over to the other one, wondering which to go for next. Spi flies up to an upper branch near the Apricorn and looks down staring at you, but you don't notice. Carefully you meander over to the other side of the tree. Again you scoot over towards the Apricorn with Omen by your side. You take the opportunity, now, to look down to see what Max is up to, in the event you had to climb to the top. Sure enough, Max is underneath you looking straight up faithfully watching you. A test of this Apricorn, once again, yields an unripe result.

    The thought of climbing up to the top of the tree worries you greatly. As luck would have it though, the branches leading up the tree were not spaced too far apart. The climb up was relatively easy, and you meet Spi who was watching you the whole time. He hops over to the edge of the branch next to the Apricorn. You slowly walk out on a lower branch while holding on to the branch above you. The branch begins to bend as you test the Apricorn, so you decide to work fast. The Apricorn returns that familiar metallic hollow sound. You quickly snip the Apricorn the way Andersen explained it and stuff it in your pocket. You're careful again as you make your way down the tree with Omen still by your side and Spi hopping from branch to branch.

    With one last leap you land on solid ground. You grab your things and approach the next tree. Circling the tree, you count five Apricorns that seem ready for testing. Some of the Apricorns are roughly in the same position as the first tree, some are higher; but none of them are as high as the one you collected. Your feeling of accomplishment from the first tree convinces you to immediately start climbing this tree; however, you soon discover that Max isn't with you. You seem to have a choice on your hands - collect your next Apricorn or look for Max.

    What will you do?
    Ooooooh noes, one pressed berserk button, coming right up!

    (And wasn't it in Posy Fields we are right now? ^^; At first it was on the Adventure Path, but we moved to Posy Fields.)


    With a bit of difficulty, Okiku climbed up the Yellow Apricorn tree, reaching each fruit as she climbed higher. Just her luck, the ripped one out of the three was the one right at the top of it. Thankfully she was able to grab it and come back down to earth without hurting herself. After grabbing her things, she looked at the next tree.

    "Well, this one doesn't look as bad as the one we just did!" Okiku exclaimed. "Right guys?"

    Omenya and Spi answered with more or less enthusiasm, but one voice was missing.

    "...Max?"

    The trainer looked behind then around her, and came to one conclusion she didn't want to even think:

    Max was gone.

    She looked her surroundings multiple times, completely panicked. She screamed her companion's name over and over again, more garbled with tears every time. Omenya took the opportunity to savour on her emotions, whatever it was for the Shuppet's own gluttony or in a desperate attempt to calm her down was unclear. Spi however, having enough, flew towards Okiku's and pecked her head, trying to knock some sense into her. It didn't do much though, other than making her finally say something instead of screaming.

    "We... got to find him."

    With an extremely shaky hand, pulled out a Pokéball and released from it another Pokémon, this time her Espeon, Himiko. As soon as she set her feet on the ground, the psychic Pokémon felt how emotionally unstable her trainer was. Worried, she tried to give her a Helping Hand. Okiku sighed, marginally calmed down.

    "Himiko, Spi, try and see if you can find Max with your combined psychic powers, please!" she tearfully asked. "Where... where is he...?"

    She sat down on a nearby log and buried her face in her arms, uncontrollably sobbing.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #14

    Welcome aboard to Takkupanda and Trainer Andy; also welcome back to Uhhhhh.

    The Island
    ~Shaman River~

    Mon1010: Repost of last update


    ------------------------------------------------------

    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: Repost of last update


    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Divine Woodland
    ~Magus Falls~

    Trainer Andy: This newly encountered Simisear seemed to not want to make friends with you, nor was it very concerned with Lillipup. After already dodging a Fire Punch from the smoldering simian, you decided it was time to take care of business. Not concerned about which Pokemon you chose, you grabbed the nearest Pokeball you could and threw it. Before you appeared Bertha, your Pinsir. While she wasn't your ideal choice, you knew at least she could fight.

    The Simisear charged at you both, but you had already given Bertha your orders. She faced the running Ember Pokemon and began to focus on the matters at hand. Simisear got closer and closer. It stretched its arms out, and they began to glow a dark violet color. It was collecting shadowy energy, which was converted to claws. As Simisear was about to slash Bertha, she put the energy she was focusing into a strong vicegrip. She grabbed Simisear at its midsection, also clamping down on its arms. She was able to cancel out Simisear's Shadow Claw!

    With Simisear temporarily immobilized and struggling, you were able to take a breath of relief. What you never noticed, however, is that Simisear was gathering energy of its own. It seemed to have taken a cue from Bertha and gathered a large amount of its Fire energy, so much it turned different shades of red and orange. It gathered so much energy that it overheated and blasted powerful flames onto Bertha's back. She released Simisear and fell to the ground unconscious. Oops!

    Simisear seemed to want another battle out of you. Lillipup remained in its spot still watching.

    What will you do?


    OOC: Sorry to seem so brutal, but you had already traded your Pinsir away.




    Uhhhhh: After witnessing an innocent tree get destroyed by the Yanmega's attack, you decide this chase is quickly becoming futile. Plus the urge to photograph it overcomes you. As you give your orders, you decide to hurriedly snap some photos before it takes any extensive damage; maybe some action shots containing Gaspard would be nice too. Gaspard acknowledges your orders and skids to a halt. He immediately turns and runs at Yanmega, the hand on his tail becoming a fist. He uses some energy to set the fist on fire, and he leaps into the air swinging his tail around to punch the Ogre Darner. He manages to land a fiery uppercut to Yanmega's chin, but the giant insect is not burned and frankly not too damaged. Without missing a beat, Yanmega headbutts Gaspard, knocking him back a few yards.

    Gaspard quickly gets back to his feet and runs back to the insect. Along the way, he's plotting some nasty revenge for Yanmega. Meanwhile, you are aiming your lens at Yanmega and start taking some photos. With his plans finalized, Gaspard begins to glow a grey, stony color tapping into something hidden deep within. The rocky color leaves his body in the form of little orbs of power rotating around the Aipom. Following the details of his plans, Gaspard launches the orbs at a time when Yanmega seems to be distracted by your photography. Yanmega catches on, though, and counters the attack with one strong flap of its wings, releasing numerous speedy stars. They swiftly fly through the air and collide with the Hidden Power resulting in no damage taken by either side.

    "YAAANNN YYYYYAAAANNNN!" Yanmega becomes outraged that you're putting up a fight and even taking pictures. It rapidly flaps its giant wings creating a blade of air to blast at you and Gaspard. The wind from its wing flapping is already enough to knock you off your feet and the camera out of your hands, but your real problem is the blade of air that's quickly cutting through the wind heading your way. Maybe snapping some photos of an ancient Pokemon was going too far.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Celebii151: Repost of last update


    -------------------------------------------------------


    Charminions: After a few failed attempts of harvesting the berries, you use your environment as inspiration. Taking a cue from the blue feather you found, you decide to have Osage freeze the berries. Pigkey watches all of this unfold, and she considers intervening. She steps forward just as Osage is taking a deep breath. He exhales towards the berries, and his breath was converted to frost. Knowing how powerful the attack can be, he remembers to tone down the power a bit. Once he's done, Pigkey grabs a berry and much to her surprise it doesn't burst. Pigkey smells the berry, and she immediately throws on the ground and sticks her tongue out. It seems that while your method was successful, those particular berries may have been rotten.

    She sniffs the air for some fresher berries, and it leads her to a different bush nearby. You walk over to see them, but you stumble on a root. While you don't fall to the ground, your Pokedex does; and it opens up. When you retrieve it, it scans the berries:


    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    The Nutpea Berry is a rare berry native to the Hoenn region. It is rigid and cracks open when the center is squeezed. The taste of the berry is complex. While you taste many different tastes, they were all balanced out perfectly.
    Pigkey grabs a Nutpea Berry, and eats it. You see her face change to a look of utter delight. At last you all found some fresh berries! She grabs another berry and holds it up to you. Before you could even approach her to take the berry, it disappears with a blue streak.

    You look around to find the culprit, and you discover a familiar Pokemon. It seems a Swellow plucked the berry from Pigkey's hands, and it lands on a branch to snack on it. All of a sudden, an entire flock of Taillow and Swellow appear. They divebomb the Nutpea Berry bushes and grab every single one of them, even the frozen ones. All of the Taillow are able to escape quickly, leaving three Swellow behind. The first Swellow that appeared squawks something at the other three, then at you and flies away. The other three begin squawking too. They seem angry and stare you down. Perhaps these Nutpea Berries are their favorite treats. Regardless, it's evident they're quite angry, and they are prepared to defend their snack source. They all begin by flapping their wings releasing a flurry of stars that swiftly speed towards you.

    What will you do?



    OOC: If you'd like you can use another Pokemon. Either way, any participant will be limited to two attacks per Pokemon each round.

    --------------------------------------------------------


    Myahoo: Repost of Last Update


    ------------------------------------------------------

    ~Posy Field~
    OkikuMew: The moment of accomplishment you felt after successfully retrieving the first Apricorn suddenly disappeared when you arrive at the second tree to discover Max is missing. You become frantic as you search around furiously for your beloved Bite Pokemon. Omen and Spi each also deal with the situation in their own ways. For reasons only he knows, Omen decides to feast on your emotions. After watching Omen feasting and you sobbing long enough, Spi hops over to you and pecks you on your head to try and snap you out of it. It works somewhat though because you begin to take action.

    Without even a thought of the next Apricorn, you summon your Espeon Himiko to assist you. Right away, she can tell how distraught you are, so she attempts to help you by nuzzling her head on your hand. You calm yourself a little, and you request of your Psychic types try and determine where Max went off to. The gem on Himiko's head glows, as she tries to sense the air currents around her to find Max. Spi stares straight ahead from where he stands. Is he staring at you or into the future?

    In the meantime, Omen takes this opportunity to float around the area. He floats up to the tree and inspects the ripe apricorns. It's while he's high up that he sees it. Around the same time, Himiko's gem ceases to glow. Omen floats down from the tree and over to you, and Himiko walks over to you as well. They get your attention while you sit on a log worried sick and crying for Max. Omen tries to point his horn in a specific direction, and Himiko also tries to urge you to follow in that same direction. "Follow please," you hear in your thoughts. Did Himiko say that?

    You decide at long last to follow them; afterall, Himiko is a psychic. Himiko and Omen lead the way followed by you then finally Spi. They lead you past a few trees. You make a mental note to yourself that you passed through the two Yellow Apricorn trees and a Nanab Berry tree. Now you are standing between a couple Colbur Berry trees. In one of the trees you see three large leaves that seem to be wrapped around something. On the ground you see something in a mass of what appears to be bandages. Himiko and Omen both point towards the pile of bandages.

    As you approach the bandages, you begin to hear some panting and wimpering. Were they right? All of a sudden some leaves slice into the ground. Judging by the angle they fell, it seems they came from the tree with those large leaves. Looking up you see one of them has turned around and is looking at you. It seems you disturbed this little group of Swadloon. Perhaps Max did too? The other two turn around, and now you seem to be up against three Swadloon. They all launch some razor-sharp leaves at you.

    What will you do?



    OOC: You're right. I may have used an old set of updates to make a template (yes I copy and paste). Ficksed.

    ------------------------------------------------------



    takkupanda: The Vespiquen quickly reinforced that she was not to be trifled with. No sooner than the battle started did she knock out Rosa, the Minccino. As you and Broly watched the Chinchilla Pokemon fall, Broly became more serious about the battle. You also called out a partner for Broly, Strychnine, the Grimer. At your command, Broly ran towards Vespiquen. He ran so quickly he became surrounded by white streaks of light. As he got closer to her, he jumped in the air and attempted to strike the Beehive Pokemon. She was quick enough, however, to order some nearby Combee to defend her. Broly's Aerial Ace knocked two of the Combee out. Meanwhile, Strychnine generated a bolt of electricity with nearly the force of thunder, which zapped some Combee as they closed in on attacking the little girl. Luckily they didn't come close.

    As if they were synchronized, Broly and Strychnine both jumped in the air. Broly's front paws and Strychnine's forearms became surrounded by fire. Vespiquen, once again, ordered some of her Combee around, this time to attack. Broly was able to dodge the Combee assault, and with his fire-coated legs, he was able to slash Vespiquen across the abdomen. The force of the attack caused him to spin a few times in the air, but he still landed on his feet. Strychnine, on the other hand, was not as fortunate. He sustained some minor damage from a few of the Combee; but with his natural bulk and Bug-type resistance, he wasn't in too much pain. The attack did not deter him though. He crossed his fiery arms and hit a Combee. It wasn't knocked out, but it flew off with a nagging burn. Strychnine, himself, began to shake his arms after the attack. It seemed to you he took some damage as well.

    The gem on Vespiquen's head suddenly began to glow, and in a short time, she fired a powerful ray, which hit Strychnine knocking him back about a yard. At the sight of this Broly opened his mouth to show a ball of fire burning within it. After recovering from the attack, Strychnine began to wave his hands side to side, much like the arm of a metronome. Broly blew the ball of fire, creating a powerful wave of heated air, which blasted four of the Combee as well as Vespiquen. The Beehive Pokemon was spared some of the damage having the Combee in front of her for protection, and alas she was not burned. Neither were any of the Combee, but they were out of commission. Within a short amount of time, Strychnine's arm waving generated enough energy to turn him into a mass of Electric energy. The energy dispersed knocking out a couple Combee with an unknown amount of voltage. Afterwards, the energy returned him to his Pokeball, and a small amount of residual energy caused a switch in battlers, for in Strychnine's place, you see Nova, the Starmie.

    Although you cannot reliably tell, Nova is a little confused that it's now in battle when it was all comfortable in its Pokeball. Seeing an opportunity to do some major damage to Nova while it's a little unsure, Vespiquen and a few Combee hastily made a beeline towards the Mysterious Pokemon.

    What will you do?



    OOC: Obviously since you traded Strychnine, he won't be available to you anymore. Also, since your last update, you evolved Broly. It's up to you whether you want this Broly to be a Growlithe or an Arcanine at this time, or you can RP an evolution if you haven't already done so. Please let me know what you decide. Just so you know, I wrote the update with Broly as a Growlithe. Oh, and your Starmie does not have the Confused status. I used the anime's portrayal of Cilan's Pansage being called out after Iris's Emolga used Volt Switch as inspiration. I realize that was a different situation entirely, but it seemed to work here.

    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Forgotten Ruins~

    Allishinca: Repost of Last Update


    ----------------------------------------------------------

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: Aubrey runs off after the Dwebble leaving his Surskit behind. While you wanted to follow, you decide it best to remain behind to keep an eye on his Surskit. You sit back down next to Volts by the fire and relax, periodically looking over at Surskit peacefully sleeping on the log. You look around the campsite and begin to feel quite relaxed, very comfortable.

    ***

    "Myrrh, wake up!" you hear Aubrey saying loudly. "Myrrh! Snap out of it!" he taps you on the shoulder. You awaken with a jolt, because for all you knew, you were resting your eyes for a moment. You can tell by the urgency in Aubrey's voice that something was the matter. "What happened? Where is he?" Everything finally comes into focus for you. Aubrey is frantically searching the site for something. You look around a little too, and you also discover that Aubrey's Surskit is missing!

    After about an hour of searching the campsite high and low, you both conclude that Aubrey's Surskit is indeed missing. Your attention is drawn back to the campfire, as you see Volts once again passed out on the log. You pick him up to wake him, and you see a powdery substance on his nose. Aubrey looks at it too, and becomes more worried, "It looks like something used Spore to put you all to sleep." He looks at the log where his Surskit was sleeping. "So someone or something stole Surskit from camp while I was away catching that Dwebble. Oh I caught it by the way. It should make a great battle partner for Ursaring."

    "Look at this!" Aubrey signals for you. "There are footprints leading away from this log. I'm gonna follow them. I hope I'm not asking too much of you, but would you be able to help me? Please?"

    There would be some time to talk along the way. Regardless, the choice is up to you.

    What will you do?

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Eyrie Peak


    Posy Field

    Jolteonjak & Son_of_Shadows

    Still in hot pursuit of a Beedrill swarm, you start to wonder if the Beedrill will get away with your friends. Fortunately, there was a shiny Numel in front of them, ready for action: Chad’s Numel. Chad calls out to Heracross so he could rejoin the group, though it wasn’t likely he’d be seen for a little while, so until then you had to make do with what you had. Fortunately, Joshua’s birds were ready to chase the swarm down and rescue their buddy Steven. Cloudy, the Swablu Joshua just sent out, was in tip-top form, and he’d be in even better shape now that he had increased his Agility and was bearing down on the kidnappers with a huge boost to his Speed. While Bishop made an effort to keep up with the younger avian, Aegis started frothing at the mouth before spitting at the Beedrill holding Teddiursa, and the Bubbles popped against its carapace causing a little damage but not nearly enough needed to force the bee to drop the bear cub. Just then the Beedrill were starting to fly past Chad’s Numel ignoring him, but as he gave a huge Yawn pink bubbles started to float towards the three Beedrill in the back of the swarm. Two of the Beedrill manage to fly out of the way, but the one holding Teddiursa flew straight into the sleep-inducing attack, forcing it and Teddiursa to get drowsy. This set the Beedrill up for Quagsire’s Mud Bomb as he spit out the attack and made it arc right over to the bee causing it to explode above it, weighing down its wings even further.

    Now it was the birds’ turn to try to rescue some Pokemon. Showing off some Acrobatic skill, Cloudy rises up before swooping in with lightning speed to ram the Beedrill hard, and no item means the attack does massive damage and more importantly causes the Beedrill to drop Steven, who Cloudy deftly snatches away from the swarm before bringing the unconscious Munna back to Steven’s safe arms, then flies back to help out with Karrablast. Bishop tries to get close and unleashes an Air Slash, but the Beedrill holding Karrablast flies out of the way at the very last second. What a waste, and now Bishop was seriously getting exhausted, so there was the risk he might not be able to do much else to rescue Karrablast. At least Cloudy was on his tail! Anyway, Aegis then shoots a Water Gun which hits the Beedrill holding Teddiursa for some damage, but it does wash off some of the mud on the Beedrill, so it wasn’t weighed down as much. Quagsire also shoots a Water attack, but this one is just as Scalding hot as his last Water attack. And this one causes some lasting burns on its back, so it certainly wasn't drowsy anymore, but its grip on Teddiursa seriously slackens, though it was still barely holding on to the bear cub despite its struggling. Suddenly, you start to hear another sound of buzzing, and as you run, you look back to see Heracross flying straight towards the swarm, and catching up to you, so you had him too. You had successfully rescued Steven, but Teddiursa and Karrablast were still in trouble, and if you didn’t get them soon, the swarm would get away with their prizes!

    What will Chad and Joshua do?

    Chad watched the events unfold, and he felt some pride. His Numel found his way back to him, and he was able to slow Teddiursa's keeper down and finally burn it. He also watched as Joshua was able to rescue Steven. 'Finally, we're making progress,' Chad thought to himself. 'Now to get Teddiursa and Karrablast back.'

    Chad saw how Joshua's birds handled the Beedrill. "If Heracross was back, he could catch up quicker than we can," Chad said as he and Joshua continued to chase the Beedrill. "Aegis, maybe you should take a rest, unless Joshua has a different idea in mind for you. Thank you for your help." Chad thought about how the Mud Bomb attack seemed to be effective. "Quagsire, use Mud Bomb again on the Beedrill holding Teddiursa! If you can get close enough, try a Mud Shot! Numel, try Yawn again on the Beedrill holding Karrablast!" Chad figured if the attacks wouldn't cause the Beedrill to release their prisoners, maybe they could slow them down enough to catch up and take care of things themselves. "Teddiursa, see if you can struggle yourself free!"

    Chad watched Quagsire and Numel and Cloudy and Bishop all carry out their trainers' commands. The incessant buzzing, which was previously dying down as the other Beedrill escaped, began getting louder once again. Instinctively, Chad turned around to see where the buzzing was coming from. To his surprise he saw his Heracross returning to the fray. "Heracross! You're just in time." Once he noticed Numel was done with his attacks, he took out Numel's Rocket Ball and aimed it at the Numb Pokemon. "Numel return to your Pokeball." The red capture beam enveloped Numel, and he disappeared into the ball. "Thank you for your hard work! Heracross, Aerial Ace on the Beedrill with Teddiursa!" Heracross flew off to attack. "Catch Teddiursa if it drops her!"



    Stats
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 11th February 2013 at 3:40 AM.

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: Aubrey runs off after the Dwebble leaving his Surskit behind. While you wanted to follow, you decide it best to remain behind to keep an eye on his Surskit. You sit back down next to Volts by the fire and relax, periodically looking over at Surskit peacefully sleeping on the log. You look around the campsite and begin to feel quite relaxed, very comfortable.

    ***

    "Myrrh, wake up!" you hear Aubrey saying loudly. "Myrrh! Snap out of it!" he taps you on the shoulder. You awaken with a jolt, because for all you knew, you were resting your eyes for a moment. You can tell by the urgency in Aubrey's voice that something was the matter. "What happened? Where is he?" Everything finally comes into focus for you. Aubrey is frantically searching the site for something. You look around a little too, and you also discover that Aubrey's Surskit is missing!

    After about an hour of searching the campsite high and low, you both conclude that Aubrey's Surskit is indeed missing. Your attention is drawn back to the campfire, as you see Volts once again passed out on the log. You pick him up to wake him, and you see a powdery substance on his nose. Aubrey looks at it too, and becomes more worried, "It looks like something used Spore to put you all to sleep." He looks at the log where his Surskit was sleeping. "So someone or something stole Surskit from camp while I was away catching that Dwebble. Oh I caught it by the way. It should make a great battle partner for Ursaring."

    "Look at this!" Aubrey signals for you. "There are footprints leading away from this log. I'm gonna follow them. I hope I'm not asking too much of you, but would you be able to help me? Please?"

    There would be some time to talk along the way. Regardless, the choice is up to you.

    What will you do?
    Myrrh was surprised to be woken up, for he didn't remember even being tired. Being slightly groggy from waking up he finally realizes that Aubrey is concerned about something. "What happened? Where is he?" Aubrey asks, almost frantically. Myrrh looks over to Volts, who is still asleep, and then around the campsite. Myrrh then discovers why Aubrey seems so upset, his Surskit is nowhere to be seen. "Oh crap, your Surskit is missing! Let's search the place!"

    After an hour or so of searching there is no sign of Surskit, both of them make their way back to the campfire. "Maybe I should wake Volts up now, maybe he can help search. Hey, what's this stuff on his nose?" Aubrey takes a look and starts to sound even more worried. "It looks like something used Spore to put you all to sleep. So someone or something stole Surskit from camp while I was away catching that Dwebble. Oh I caught it by the way. It should make a great battle partner for Ursaring."
    "Ah, so you did get it..." He was now looking at Volts in his arms, who has become fully awakened, but slightly confused at what is happening. "Look at this!" Myrrh puts Volts down as they made their way to where Aubrey wanted them to look. "There are footprints leading away from this log. I'm gonna follow them. I hope I'm not asking too much of you, but would you be able to help me? Please?"

    Volts started nudging Myrrh's leg a little. "Oh, Aubrey's Surskit is missing, Volts. You want to help right? Well of course we will, how could we not?" Volts still nudged his leg a bit more. "What's the matter? I said we'd help....oh." Myrrh had an idea of why his Pokemon was nudging him. He assumed Volts wanted him to ask Aubrey about the black Ursaring. Now wasn't the time for that though, maybe they could talk about it a bit later while they searched. "All right then Aubrey, should we be going now?"



  7. #257
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Dead Forest


    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette

    Some abilities were much easier to abuse than others. Necromancy? Well, it just screams, “Hey, here I am, use me in whatever way you want!” When Priscilla brought up how you might be able to learn necromancy, you had a few wild imaginations, but it then seemed all too obvious to you how that kind of thinking was exactly how to misuse such a power. At the same time, you could see Priscilla’s drive to learn this magic, and you couldn’t help but give her your encouragement. “Really? You mean that? Thank you so much! Now that I know I don’t just have my sisters supporting me, I’ll be sure to give it my all!” she responds with gratitude.

    Oh, and by the way, your research discovered something really unusual. Instead of regular nuclei controlling these cells, there were … toxins. Poisons, somehow framing the structure of these cells. Necromancy with a handicap … how ingenious. But maybe you could stop it! True, it would mean you would lose your discovery, but it was probably better this science didn’t fall into the wrong hands. Anyway, you start to focus. If Giratina be willing, you would be able to manipulate these biohazards enough that you would be able to break them down. When you figured you had focused enough, you looked back into the microscope and let your eye focus on breaking down the internal structure. You stare at it for five minutes … ten … 20 … a half hour … nothing. It just wasn’t going to move, you figured, not by your power at least. No, wait! The toxin started to move! Perhaps it was starting to get affected by your power?

    Another half hour passes, and your back starts to ache, but still you maintain focus. The “nucleus” you were focusing on soon starts to move some more, and then the toxin’s structure started to change. Its structure became completely different, and you wondered if this was the toxin’s way of adapting to your strategy, or if this was how it started to break down. Suddenly, the other cells notice the change. Some start changing with the first one, but the others react violently to the ones that do. A cellular battle takes place, and the cells start dying, one after the other, until none remained. The toxic cells were completely neutralized within minutes. You share your discovery with Priscilla, and she says, “Wow, I can’t believe it, you figured out how to beat my sisters, right? But it looked like that took lots of time to do, right? Maybe you should take the time to practice, k? We can help provide food for you while you work on your spell, k? I can’t believe you’re already learning necromancy!

    **********

    A few days pass, and you refused to leave the depths of the dank cave as you tried this with your other samples, lessening the time little by little; by then Sangre had fully recovered and was content to watch you from the ceiling of the cave, leaving occasionally to hunt (was that… an Ekans rattle hanging out of his mouth?), but always returning to your side. It’s been a few weeks now, and the time it takes for the cells to break down becomes less and less until you were ultimately able to render a large set of toxins useless within a few minutes. It was surprising how you were kept so well hidden during this time, but ultimately you were given the time to perfect this technique! Well, as perfect as a novice could get it, anyway. You still needed a strategy to face Maura and Anastasia; even with this ability of yours it would take some time before the spell started to take effect, meaning you would need time to cast it in order for it to work on all of the minions the ghosts summon.

    It was time to discuss things with Priscilla and the others, so what sort of plan would Marion come up with?

    ((OOC: I'm going to write this as if it was before the events on Halloween, since I used Minerva in the story earlier and she was still a Banette.))

    Priscilla responds to Marion's encouragement by emphatically stating that she would give it her all, and Marion can't help but grin. "I know you will," Marion replies as she turns her focus to the microscope lens; it was true that Marion could potentially destroy her incredible discovery by attempting to tamper with the sample, but the young researcher had a sneaking suspicion that there would be someone at the University who would abuse the discovery if it were made known to fellow academics. Sure, her professors and fellow students were all generally kind people, but what darkness lurked beneath the surface of their cordiality? She could never be sure.

    Taking a deep breath, she attempts to clear her mind of all thought; no small feat for a lady constantly lost in daydreams and reveries. She had been told once that the best way to clear one's head was not to fight every thought that comes into one's head, but to simply let the thoughts pass through without obstruction until silence reigns. At first, Marion's mind is an utter whirlwind: thoughts of Priscilla and her sisters and the story of their lives, theories of the nature of necromancy, her continuing worry about Sangre, despite the fact that he seemed to be recovering... All the thoughts of necromancy and poison briefly turn her focus toward Keith, and shakes her head a bit at the thought of how differently he would have reacted if chased by the mob of poison Pokemon that she had faced earlier. Would he have tried to capture a Trubbish, even if it meant being trampled or poisoned to death? Who knew that such fervent love of a species of Pokemon could potentially be so dangerous? She hoped that he would know better than to risk his own life for a Trubbish, but... Well, she had best clear her mind. Besides, Minerva always got very upset when Marion worried about the "stu-pid boy"... Almost unnaturally upset. In fact, the last time Marion had showed even a vague hint of interest in how Keith was doing while relaxing at the hotel room, Minerva nearly exploded with rage, hissing that she hoped Marion wasn't taking a fancy to Keith, because he was the stupidest person she had ever met in her life and she refused to see her trainer date a man who probably inhaled one too many whiffs of toxic fumes from his Pokemon. Granted, Marion saw him as a friend and nothing more, but it still confused her as to how Minerva's opinion of him became so incredibly low... He had never really done anything to Marion's knowledge to suggest that he lacked intelligence, yet Minerva ranted and raved about his "stupidity" every time he came up in conversation. In some ways... in some ways, it almost seemed defensive on her part, but why...?

    Much as Marion wanted to entertain that odd little train of thought, she knew that if she did, her mind would never clear. Let the thought pass, she tells herself, and eventually, much as Minerva's odd behavior nags at Marion to be processed and analyzed, those thoughts gradually float out of Marion's consciousness, leaving a blank slate from which Marion could perform her work. Moving gently toward the microscope, mind empty, she eventually allows her mind to begin processing again, but only thoughts of purifying the poison from the sample. Admittedly, some small part of her hoped that she would be an amazing protege and that the process would occur immediately, but no such luck. A minute passes, and nothing. Five minutes, and still nothing. Ten minutes... The doubt begins to seep in, but Marion remains resolute, knowing in the back of her mind that if this idea didn't work, she was nowhere near equipped enough to perform the research necessary to break down this poison with more scientific methods, and she certainly did not want to have to contact a poison expert from her university and get more people involved. Besides, there was something... Some little flicker in her heart that urged her to keep going, as if there really was something happening, even if Marion could not perceive it yet. Twenty minutes go by... Thirty... It was harder and harder to hold on to that tiny flicker of hope, and quite frankly, Marion was physically exhausted; her back hurt from stooping over, her legs were beginning to fall asleep, and her eyes stung from the lack of blinking and intense focus demanded of them. At first, when the sample moves, Marion believes it to be the result of her tired eyes, but no, it was indeed moving! Even if it was unreasonable to believe that the movement was caused by her power, that little flicker gained strength from the sight, and Marion found the inner strength and resolution to focus for another half hour, until something amazing happens; the toxin's structure begins to change! Others begin changing as well, and those that don't begin violently attacking the ones that do, as if recognizing that the changed cells were somehow a threat to the originals. Between the battle and the mutations of the cells, eventually, none are left in the sample. Marion had done it!! She had purified the sample... She was certain she would be jumping for joy if her legs didn't feel like they were going to collapse from under her. Performing the purifying magic had taken a lot out of her. After sitting down on the floor in a heap and taking a few deep breaths, she is re-energized by the thought that she has to tell Priscilla about her discovery! Getting back up on her feet, she rushes over to the Misdreavus, shouting with excitement, "I did it!! I used my latent powers to neutralize the sample!!" Priscilla immediately realizes that this is exactly the power they need to defeat her sisters, but it wasn't exactly feasible for Marion to stand there and focus for an hour... Maura and Anastasia's minions would thoroughly destroy her before she even managed to clear her mind! Marion nods emphatically in response to Priscilla's suggestion that Marion stick around and practice her newfound power.

    "Thank you so much for offering to feed and house me while I practice! I really appreciate it, and I could definitely use the help. I never realized that I had such a talent before... I definitely want to improve it. Who knows? Maybe with enough time and practice, I could purify the entire swamp!" Marion giggles a bit. "Okay, maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself... But I definitely want to use this power to stop your sisters and their minions. What they're doing is destroying an entire ecosystem and harming others!" Marion shudders as she thinks back to the body trapped in the Muk that Minerva and Sangre fought earlier... She could not even imagine the suffering that being had gone through. She would never wish that kind of Hell on anyone, and for the people and Pokemon like him whose bodies and souls were held captive by the two eldest sisters, she had to do something. No matter how long it took, or how tired she got, she would do everything in her power to hone her skills in necromancy.

    ***

    For the next few weeks, Marion developed a routine; after three or four hours of restless sleep on a mound of soft dirt she had created from the cave floor, she would rise, and immediately begin her training on the samples she had collected. Sangre, who recovered quickly after Marion discovered her powers, would fly out of the cave during the night, always returning during the day with a bit of blood on his mouth or a little trophy from a carcass, indicating a successful hunt. He would always nod once to Marion after flying back into the cave, indicating that there was no sign of Maura or Anastasia near the cave in which they had settled. The silent creature made an excellent companion while Marion meditated and exercised her powers, as he barely made a sound and often slept during the daylight hours, but stayed loyal and steadfast to Marion even throughout her intense bouts of focusing, supporting her with his calm, stoic prescence. Marion's labcoat, which was gradually transforming from a pristine white to a coffee-stain brown from the dirt of the cave, bore visible pit stains from Marion's lack of bathing. Covered in dirt and sporting wild, matted hair, she certainly looked a fright; giggling to herself, she once joked to Sangre and Priscilla that perhaps her current lack of hygiene would be enough to scare the sisters into submission. From sunrise to sunset, and long into the night, Marion would ignore her own filth, fatigue and need for socialization, delving deep into attempts at transforming her samples in the daytime, and engaging in deep meditation during the night.

    The first two weeks of this were difficult, indeed. Marion found herself missing the warm hotel room she had left to go on this expedition, and would often try to converse with Sangre to pass the time when the fatigue became too much; when she did this, he would glare at her until she went back to practicing. After all, he had been there when the ground had threatened to swallow Marion up, and when the Muk attacked, and when the stampede of poison types threatened to murder him and his team. He was fully aware of how important it was for Marion to stand up to the murderous sisters, after having barely escaped their wrath himself (at the cost of his own health, no less). Much as he cared for his trainer, he was not about to let her slack. Marion would pout at Sangre, but his resolution was firm, and she eventually would get back to work.

    After the first week, the meditation and necromancy practice started gradually becoming easier; being able to more effectively focus herself and clear her thoughts dulled the pangs of hunger and lifted the weight of her tiredness. Even the nagging fear of being discovered by the evil Mismagius and Gengar sisters dissipated with continued practice. The meditation eased the pain in her eyes when she focused, and the soreness in her legs when she stood at the microscope. In addition, with each passing day, the purification process was becoming faster and faster. By the third week, it seemed as if Marion had devoted so much effort and energy that she had mastered the technique... Well, as best as a novice necromancer could, at any rate. She could visualize her soul within the dirt, moving among the dirt, bringing harmony of structure to the discordant, unnatural molecules of poison. Now, she could truly destroy the minions of Maura and Anastasia, but for her ability to work effectively, she would need a plan. Deciding to discuss the plan at dawn, right when Sangre flew back in the cave with a nod and a well-fed expression (and with what appeared to be an Ekans rattle in his mouth), Marion asked Priscilla to gather her sisters and meet with her in the cave.

    "First of all, I apologize for my appearance," Marion begins, looking down at herself. "I have been hard at work honing my ability to purify the toxic makeup of the soil, which we have also determined comprises the structure of the necrominions of Maura and Anastasia. While this ability will effectively neutralize their minions, I need time to stall them so that the spell can be put in motion. I need you guys to distract your sisters somehow so that I can get my spell working. I can fly in on Sangre; his flight is so silent that he is almost impossible to sense. He will hover close to the ground while I focus on my spell from a short distance away. I suggest engaging them in battle; don't worry! I would never let you guys go in alone. They will recognize Sangre and Minerva... but I have a Pokemon with psychic attacks who will be perfect to help you stall them in battle until the spell begins working."

    Marion unhooks a Pokeball from her belt, calling out for a dear friend; "Go, Aislyn!" A beautiful fox Pokemon materializes, her ruby eyes gleaming. She gives a sweet smile to the ghost types around her, having been well-socialized to the world of spirits and immediately sensing the auras of the sisters around her to be quite agreeable with her canine intuition. Of course, her sweet smile transforms into a disgusted look as she sniffs her trainer, unable to hide her reaction to the smell Marion was likely giving off. The trainer giggles a bit.

    "Don't worry, hun, when we get home I am taking a nice, looooong bath... Anyway, Aislyn, I need you to help my friends out with distracting some awful ghost-type Pokemon who are poisoning the land and summoning terrible poison minions with their necromancy. Now, the Gengar and Misdreavus you're fighting can't know that you have a trainer that's helping out, so you need to pretend like your trainer died in the swamp and Priscilla, Rowena and Katia found you in a terrible state and took care of you. Okay? Can you do your sad face for me?"

    The Ninetales immediately makes her red eyes grow wide and pathetic, sniffling on cue. Apparently, this regal fox had a lot of practice with feigning deep, irreconcilable emotion.

    "Good job! Now the angry, vengeful face... Like someone pulled one of your tales."

    The Ninetales obeys immediately, her ruby eyes flickering with such rage that even Marion can't help but feel a little intimidated by the look.

    "Perfect! Now, Aislyn, be sure to think up a really Nasty Plot right before the battle begins so that you can fight your enemies properly and strategically. Now, these are poison types, so don't be afraid to use Extrasensory. Flamethrower should also work well against these minions. Remember, I'm not around! You're avenging your trainer! You can do this, right hun?"

    Aislyn barks out happily, eager to help out her smelly trainer in any way that she can. Sangre, who had been listening to the plot, also nods once in agreement.

    Marion turns to the sisters, attempting to gauge their reactions. "Does that sound good to everyone? Let me know if there are any problems with the plan, and I will do my best to address them."
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 7th February 2013 at 8:17 AM.

    [FB || PASBL]

  8. #258
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yamaku Academy
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post


    Dead Forest


    Toxic Marsh

    Ampharos_Dude – {I'd also like it if you posted in size 1. Thanks! =) }

    You could hear grunting and growling coming from the other side of the door as the Squirtleman tried to wrestle a mother Linoone and catch her with his bare hands, but you thought he was pretty crazy for doing that (which was highly likely). You weren’t going to take any chances, so you had Venipede guard the door and Curl up to hopefully fortify his Defense enough so the Linoone wouldn’t be able to break the door down too easily. Meanwhile, you still had a Zigzagoon to deal with, so a Grass-type team-up was necessary! Both Pokemon were ready to attack, but Zigzagoon rushed in and Tackled Cherubi again before anyone could do anything. Not to be deterred Cherubi started spitting out Seeds at the speed of a Bullet, along with Cherry. The two attacks are able to damage Zigzagoon, but only two seeds from each attack were able to hit, though one of them did hit a weak spot causing the baby raccoon to yelp in pain from that attack. You could hear the Linoone again and the Squirtleman reacting to her: “Whoa, she almost bit me!” Then you could hear the door get clawed at again as the Linoone’s Slash attack was louder; she was almost through the door! Zigzagoon gained morale off of his mother’s attempt to reach him and targeted Cherubi again with a Tackle attack since he had been damaged more. This time the raccoon bounds right past you, knocking Cherubi off his feet and dealing some decent damage. Cherry waits for Cherubi to get back up before doing another Bullet Seed attack with him, but only one of Cherubi’s seeds and two of Cherry’s seeds hit, one of them hitting the same weak spot from before … and the Zigzagoon gives out one more yelp before slumping onto the stairs. Cherry and Cherubi each gain one level! “Oh man, she’s throwin’ a fit now!” the Squirtleman struggles to say. “I don’t think I can hold the mama fer long, she’s gonna git through that door in a sec! If you’re gonna catch it, catch it now!” Should be easy enough since the Zigzagoon’s knocked out, right?

    What will Shiro do?
    (Sure )
    As the sounds of the wrestle got louder and louder, and as it almost got through the door, Shiro ordered Venipede to do a new Defence Curl, just in case a slash attack actually got through the door. Shiro started imagining very scary scenarios in his head, ranging from everyone in the house getting killed by the mama, to a one in which the mama just critted his head off with a slash to the neck.
    "How long can you hold up there?" Shiro asked with a worried tone in his voice.

    As Shiro shifted his attention back to Cherry and Cherubi, just in time to see Cherubi fly backwards because of the tackle.
    "Cherubi! Are you all right? Cherry, wait for Cherubi to get back up, and then fire up an another round at that Zigzagoon!" Shiro shouted quickly, forgetting his fear (or at least a little bit of it), and getting a little angry instead, as he didn't like to see his friends getting hurt.

    As the seeds hit and seemingly knocked the little bugger out, Shiro decided that this was his time to act. He dug a pokeball out of his pocket, and quickly threw it in the direction the Zigzagoon was in. He only hoped that the Mama Zigzagoon wouldn't see this and get more angry...


    (Preparing 1/10 pokeballs for capturing the Zigzagoon) (I hope I marked it right )

  9. #259
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Allishinca: Things really heated up while you began your second challenge. The room continues to heat up, yet your surroundings aren't catching fire or suffering any damage. The heat around you builds, as does the pressure within you while you work the answer to Beheeyem's riddle out. After narrowing the possibilities down to two, you and Pluto discuss them at length. Pluto, however, is sure he knows the answer; and he convinces you to go with it.

    "Mr. Guardian, we think the answer for your riddle this time is... Snorunt!" you boldly offer an answer.

    Beheeyem reappears with his familiar snapping sound. "Two for two. Good for you!" Beheyeem replies. With a wave of his arm the door in front of you opens. The heat of the room begins to waft outward, and the temperature drops slightly. "It seems I can't escape this infernal rhyming. Now, I can assure you the next challenge won't be so easy. After you." Beheeyem bows as you and Pluto leave the blazing room.

    You immediately feel relief as you exit. Beheeyem disappears at the same time. Like before, the torches on the wall all light up. After a few moments, you begin your journey down the hall. As time goes by, you realize this hall is longer than the first. You wonder how much longer it'll be when you come to the end. Instead of another room, however, you see the hall has split into two different paths. One of the paths, though, is mostly blocked by a large boulder. Down the available path, you see the familiar torch light showing you the way.

    Easily you decide to take the second path. The path snakes through the mountain, and at some point, you feel as if you're walking back to the beginning. Around one final corner you see faint light amidst the torch light. As you approach that light you also start to feel a breeze. It feels like the outside. A little closer now, and you can confirm it's a way out. While you wonder if this is where you should be, Beheeyem confirms it. "And where are you going?" Beheeyem appears behind you. "You're not done yet." After you explain the boulder, the Cerebral Guardian shrinks back a little embarassed. "Really? I thought I... I can't believe..." Beheeyem disappears very quickly; the snap much louder this time. It seems Beheeyem gave you another option, even if it did not intend to.

    What will you do?
    "Mr Guardian, we think the answer for your riddle this time is... Snorunt!"

    With a sudden snap, the cerebral Pokemon reappears. "Two for two. Good for you!" Slowly, Alli reacted as she began to comprehend the Guardian's words. Her expecting eyes to turn to joy, as she turned towards Pluto who returned her enthusiasm. Beheeyem raised an arm, making the exit door open. The intense heat spills out of the room like water, seemingly taking Alli and Pluto with it. "It seems I can't escape this infernal rhyming. Now, I can assure you the next challenge won't be so easy. After you." The guardian bowed politely, despite there being no need. Alli and Pluto were already near the exit, and after Beheeyem spoke his final words, they dashed out of the blazing room.

    The air was considerably more breathable directly outside, as Alli and Pluto caught their breath. Turning, Alli noticed that Beheeyem had already disappeared. Torches hanging on the wall side came to life as they proceeded down the hall. At first gleeful to be out of the heat, Alli skipped along with Pluto up on her shoulder. After some time had passed, they both noticed just how long this new hallway was. Alli's pace slowed, and Pluto descended to walk aside her. Finally, they two travelers came to a fork in the path. One side was blocked by a large boulder, while the other appeared to continue on. Alli and Pluto looked at each other, and with a simple shrug they proceeded down the open corridor.

    The path snaked around the mountain, leading the two adventures down a seemingly endless passageway. Alli had long grown tired of the walk, and consoled herself by playing her panpipes. A strange, faint light became visible after turning another corner. Alli stopped playing when she saw this, scooped Pluto up, and dash towards it. Pluto barely had time to object, as he went dumb upon being lifted. Alli sprinted towards the doorway, and thought she felt a breeze on her cheek, but was not sure if it was only the wind passing her by. Prancing up to the exit, Alli stopped and let Pluto slip from her arms.

    "Pluto, this isn't the next room... it's the way out!"
    Pluto recovered himself and took note of his surroundings.

    "And where are you going? You're not done yet."
    Beheeyem had reappeared behind them, giving Alli a start.
    "But... we couldn't go anywhere else. There was a large boulder in the way!"

    The Guardian shrunk back in embarrassment.
    "Really? I thought I... I can't believe..."
    Pluto rolled his glowing eyes as though he had come to expect this kind of behavior from their odd friend. With another loud snap, Beheeyem was gone. Pluto shrugged and proceeded back into the tunnel, as Alli fell down to her knees.

    "But I dun wanna walk all the way back!" Pluto returned behind her and headbutt her affectionately. Alli whined as she got back to her feet, and played a sad lullaby on her panpipes during the long trek back to the fork.


  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Charminions: After a few failed attempts of harvesting the berries, you use your environment as inspiration. Taking a cue from the blue feather you found, you decide to have Osage freeze the berries. Pigkey watches all of this unfold, and she considers intervening. She steps forward just as Osage is taking a deep breath. He exhales towards the berries, and his breath was converted to frost. Knowing how powerful the attack can be, he remembers to tone down the power a bit. Once he's done, Pigkey grabs a berry and much to her surprise it doesn't burst. Pigkey smells the berry, and she immediately throws on the ground and sticks her tongue out. It seems that while your method was successful, those particular berries may have been rotten.

    She sniffs the air for some fresher berries, and it leads her to a different bush nearby. You walk over to see them, but you stumble on a root. While you don't fall to the ground, your Pokedex does; and it opens up. When you retrieve it, it scans the berries:




    Pigkey grabs a Nutpea Berry, and eats it. You see her face change to a look of utter delight. At last you all found some fresh berries! She grabs another berry and holds it up to you. Before you could even approach her to take the berry, it disappears with a blue streak.

    You look around to find the culprit, and you discover a familiar Pokemon. It seems a Swellow plucked the berry from Pigkey's hands, and it lands on a branch to snack on it. All of a sudden, an entire flock of Taillow and Swellow appear. They divebomb the Nutpea Berry bushes and grab every single one of them, even the frozen ones. All of the Taillow are able to escape quickly, leaving three Swellow behind. The first Swellow that appeared squawks something at the other three, then at you and flies away. The other three begin squawking too. They seem angry and stare you down. Perhaps these Nutpea Berries are their favorite treats. Regardless, it's evident they're quite angry, and they are prepared to defend their snack source. They all begin by flapping their wings releasing a flurry of stars that swiftly speed towards you.

    What will you do?



    OOC: If you'd like you can use another Pokemon. Either way, any participant will be limited to two attacks per Pokemon each round.
    Fortunately following his orders, Osage breathes out a frosty breath toward the berries. Using common sense, he weakens the attack enough to do the job without damaging anything. Once the attack secedes, Pigkey steps forward and grabs another berry, this time successfully gripping it with no icky mess coming from it. She begins sniffing the berries before throwing them down in disgust. "What's wrong? Are they rotten?" Charm asks.

    Pigkey sniffs the air once more and heads to a bush containing fresher berries. Charm starts heading over there. "Woahh," his leg catches onto a root and he stumbles over. His black and red Hoenn Pokedex falls out of his pocket and lands on the ground. "Jeez, I just got that and it's already dirtying up," he heads over to pick it up when the dex simultaneously scans the berries.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    The Nutpea Berry is a rare berry native to the Hoenn region. It is rigid and cracks open when the center is squeezed. The taste of the berry is complex. While you taste many different tastes, they were all balanced out perfectly.
    Pigkey grabs a Nutpea Berry from this new bush and nibbles on it, her face showing signs of extreme enjoyment from the berry. She picks up another one and holds it out to Charm when, suddenly, a blue flash zooms through and nabs the berry from her hand.

    "What in the -" Charm looks around to see who the thief is, before noticing a Swellow perched on a tree branch snacking on the stolen berry. Before Charm has a chance to say anything, a whole flock of Taillow and Swellow storm in and grab every last berry from the bushes before flying off, with only 3 Swellow staying behind. "Damnit, we need to get those berries!" Charm whines. The leader who was watching from the branch crows some orders to the 3 birds before flying off like the others. The Swellow suddenly looks very angry at the group, looking ready to defend their food from any strangers. "Ugh, looks like we have no choice but to fight them."

    The 3 Swellow begin flapping their wings simultaneously, emitting a dozens of fast moving stars towards them. Charm's adrenaline kicks in and he pulls out a Pokeball from his belt as fast as possible before releasing it to send out his own special Swellow, Rukia. "Block the stars off with a Twister! Then swoop in and knocks the middle Swellow with Steel Wing." The elegant black and red Swellow caws softly, understanding the direness of this situation. Rukia has always been a shy little bird, but when it came to battle, she does everything she can to help her trainer. Charm then turns to his left, watching the passive Osage watch non-chalantly at what is taking place. "Osage, I need your help again. I want you to Ice Beam the left Swellow, then Brain Freeze it." The trainer then turns to Pigkey, "You may at a disadvantage, little one, but try your best! Smack Down then Thunder Punch at the right Swellow." Charm bites his lip, facing down the next obstacle in their quest for the Nutpea Berry.

  11. #261
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Welcome aboard to Takkupanda and Trainer Andy; also welcome back to Uhhhhh.


    Uhhhhh: After witnessing an innocent tree get destroyed by the Yanmega's attack, you decide this chase is quickly becoming futile. Plus the urge to photograph it overcomes you. As you give your orders, you decide to hurriedly snap some photos before it takes any extensive damage; maybe some action shots containing Gaspard would be nice too. Gaspard acknowledges your orders and skids to a halt. He immediately turns and runs at Yanmega, the hand on his tail becoming a fist. He uses some energy to set the fist on fire, and he leaps into the air swinging his tail around to punch the Ogre Darner. He manages to land a fiery uppercut to Yanmega's chin, but the giant insect is not burned and frankly not too damaged. Without missing a beat, Yanmega headbutts Gaspard, knocking him back a few yards.

    Gaspard quickly gets back to his feet and runs back to the insect. Along the way, he's plotting some nasty revenge for Yanmega. Meanwhile, you are aiming your lens at Yanmega and start taking some photos. With his plans finalized, Gaspard begins to glow a grey, stony color tapping into something hidden deep within. The rocky color leaves his body in the form of little orbs of power rotating around the Aipom. Following the details of his plans, Gaspard launches the orbs at a time when Yanmega seems to be distracted by your photography. Yanmega catches on, though, and counters the attack with one strong flap of its wings, releasing numerous speedy stars. They swiftly fly through the air and collide with the Hidden Power resulting in no damage taken by either side.

    "YAAANNN YYYYYAAAANNNN!" Yanmega becomes outraged that you're putting up a fight and even taking pictures. It rapidly flaps its giant wings creating a blade of air to blast at you and Gaspard. The wind from its wing flapping is already enough to knock you off your feet and the camera out of your hands, but your real problem is the blade of air that's quickly cutting through the wind heading your way. Maybe snapping some photos of an ancient Pokemon was going too far.

    What will you do?
    "YAAANNN YYYYYAAAANNNN!" the Yanmega got mad even more as Connor continued to take pictures and Gaspard actually being capable of taking it on in a fight. It then unleashed an Air Cutter towards the two and it quickly swept Connor off his feet. "Waaaah!" he cried out as he fell with a thud, his camera knocked off from his hands. "Aipopom!" Gaspard called out to him. The photographer didn't have time to react though as another blade of air was heading towards his direction, threatening to badly injure him. "Humphrey!" as soon as the young photographer called out his name, a shiny Boldore popped out from one of his Pokeballs and stood between Connor and the blade of air, with the intention of taking the hit for him. Connor then intended on getting his camera back afterwards to take more photos of the Yanmega. No way was the Ogre Darner Pokemon getting away from this.

    Meanwhile, Gaspard, upon seeing one of his teammates protecting Connor from the hit, then focused on the giant Yanmega. Without waiting for orders he Worked himself Up as he prepared for yet another Fire Punch against the giant bug, intent on getting back against it for attempting to attack his partner.

  12. #262
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    ~Posy Field~
    OkikuMew: The moment of accomplishment you felt after successfully retrieving the first Apricorn suddenly disappeared when you arrive at the second tree to discover Max is missing. You become frantic as you search around furiously for your beloved Bite Pokemon. Omen and Spi each also deal with the situation in their own ways. For reasons only he knows, Omen decides to feast on your emotions. After watching Omen feasting and you sobbing long enough, Spi hops over to you and pecks you on your head to try and snap you out of it. It works somewhat though because you begin to take action.

    Without even a thought of the next Apricorn, you summon your Espeon Himiko to assist you. Right away, she can tell how distraught you are, so she attempts to help you by nuzzling her head on your hand. You calm yourself a little, and you request of your Psychic types try and determine where Max went off to. The gem on Himiko's head glows, as she tries to sense the air currents around her to find Max. Spi stares straight ahead from where he stands. Is he staring at you or into the future?

    In the meantime, Omen takes this opportunity to float around the area. He floats up to the tree and inspects the ripe apricorns. It's while he's high up that he sees it. Around the same time, Himiko's gem ceases to glow. Omen floats down from the tree and over to you, and Himiko walks over to you as well. They get your attention while you sit on a log worried sick and crying for Max. Omen tries to point his horn in a specific direction, and Himiko also tries to urge you to follow in that same direction. "Follow please," you hear in your thoughts. Did Himiko say that?

    You decide at long last to follow them; afterall, Himiko is a psychic. Himiko and Omen lead the way followed by you then finally Spi. They lead you past a few trees. You make a mental note to yourself that you passed through the two Yellow Apricorn trees and a Nanab Berry tree. Now you are standing between a couple Colbur Berry trees. In one of the trees you see three large leaves that seem to be wrapped around something. On the ground you see something in a mass of what appears to be bandages. Himiko and Omen both point towards the pile of bandages.

    As you approach the bandages, you begin to hear some panting and wimpering. Were they right? All of a sudden some leaves slice into the ground. Judging by the angle they fell, it seems they came from the tree with those large leaves. Looking up you see one of them has turned around and is looking at you. It seems you disturbed this little group of Swadloon. Perhaps Max did too? The other two turn around, and now you seem to be up against three Swadloon. They all launch some razor-sharp leaves at you.

    What will you do?



    OOC: You're right. I may have used an old set of updates to make a template (yes I copy and paste). Ficksed.
    No probs


    As Okiku sobbed while sitting on a log, her Pokémon seemed to have hatched some kind of plan to help her and her lost best friend: Spi stared at his trainer (perhaps looking into the past or future, or just being lost in thought), Himiko tried her best to use her psychic powers to get a general feel of the environment, while Omenya finally stopped feeding off Okiku's feelings and decided to float up over the trees to look around. After a few moments, Omen came right back down and Himiko's gem stopped glowing simultaneously. Both then approached their sad-ridden trainer and exclaimed at her. Okiku simply responded by lifting her face off of her hands, soaked with her tears, and looked at her Ghost and Psychic-typed Pokémon. After a playful twirl into the air, the Shuppet moved and repetitively nodded his pointy head towards a direction. Himiko, on the other hand, was more successful of making herself understood:

    "Follow, please."

    Okiku's watery eyes opened widely. Not only she was surprised to be spoken to telepathically for the second time in her life – the first being with her first hatched Pokémon, her Girafarig Therese – but she was even more surprised to hear in her mind what she believed to be Himiko speaking to her for the very first time.

    "W-what did you say!?" Okiku garbled between her sobs in astonishment.

    "Follow, please!" the Espeon repeated, this time with a bit more enthusiasm, wagging her forked tail to confirm it was truly her who spoke.

    Even with her immense worry for her long-time best friend, Okiku managed to crack up a light smile, proud of her other Pokémon companions doing their very best for her, despite her being a total emotional wreck.

    "Alright," she nodded and slowly pulled herself up on her feet, "I'll follow. Lead the way!"

    Omen and Himi nodded back in unison, glad to see their trainer in slightly better spirits. They started walking towards the direction the ghost pointed to earlier, while Okiku followed close behind. Spi, which during this whole time simply relaxing on a branch, decided to perch on his trainer's shoulder so he would also join the group while continuing to being lazy. As they walked through the field, Okiku tried to remember in her head the path they were taking by noting the trees they walk by: so far, two Yellow Apricorn trees and a Nanab Berry tree, then two Colbur Berry trees. One of the trees of the spiky berries had three big leaves wrapped around something, but it was towards the ground where the Shuppet and the Espeon had their attention on.

    "...Bandages?" Okiku exclaimed as she lifted an eyebrow, looking down at her feet.

    Before the young woman reached out for her head to scratch it in confusion, some strange panting and whimpering was heard from afar. She frowned as she had mixed feelings about if she should hope it was Max or not, but then she noticed some big leaves falling around the bandages, which she guessed they were the same than those that were attached to those trees. She looked up where the leafy wrappings were, and sure enough, a Swadloon was angrily looking right at her.

    "Err... hi?" Okiku nervously said to it. "S-sorry to disturb you, in any way..."

    The two other leaf wrappings revealed a couple of equally upset Swadloon.

    "Uhhh, I-I'm really sorry guys... We've... come in peace?"

    The Swadloon trio ignored her plea though and immediately threw razor-sharp leaves at her and her Pokémon.

    "Omen! Omnious Wind! Quick!" Okiku hastily ordered, seeing no way to negotiate with the wild Pokémon, and hoping the Omenya's wind would counter the Razor Leaf attack. "Himi, Confusion at the one on the left; Spi, Peck the crap out of the one on the right!"

  13. #263
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Myahoo: You began to wonder if the storm had passed by. Chloe was still tending to Wildfire. Wings was relaxing as best it could amidst all of the squabbling the two Pidove were doing. You could hear Chloe sighing while she was treating Wildfire. The third Pidove continued to worry, at times stepping between the two arguers. The echoing of their cries was starting to get on your nerves. Chloe sighed again. Then finally, "Wings, can you please see if you can calm them down?"

    Wings approached the Pidove and began talking to the arguing birds. The third Pidove responded to Wings. Naturally you couldn't understand what was said. All you could see is that the Pidove would say something then point to one Pidove, then say somthing else and point to the other Pidove. "Thank you Wings!" she said relieved. Your concentration was broken when she spoke to you, "Ok Melissa. Wildfire should be just fine. Luckily he didn't take too much damage. A good night's sleep should get him back to 100%. Now I wonder what they're on about."

    Wildfire jumped down and joined the birds conversing. He was listening as best he could while Chloe was treating him, but now he could get the story in more detail. After a few minutes of chat, Wings and the Pidove stopped. Wings returned to Chloe's side, and Wildfire returned to yours. He thought for a moment and then with your attention he attmepted to explain. Wings was already speaking with Chloe.

    Wildfire first pointed at the Pidove who were recently arguing, then to himself. Then he pointed to the third Pidove and then crossed his arms together like he was embracing himself all the while batting his eyes. Next he pointed at the arguing Pidove on the left. He jumped through the air with his arms spread as far apart as he could manage. When he landed he immediately pointed to the third Pidove, crossed his arms again like just before, and rushed over to Wings and grabbed its wing.

    "Interesting," Chloe remarked after listening to what Wings told her and seeing Wildfire grab Wings. "Know what this means Melissa?" At that point the female Pidove and the male she chose flew out of the cave together. The remaining Pidove looked upset. He looked at you and Wildfire and forced a smile. He cooed something and immediately approached Wings, his eyes glowing. Wings watched, and you could see Wings slowly fall to sleep. The Pidove's hypnosis put Wings to sleep. "Wings, wake up!" Chloe cried. "What am I going to do? I only brought Wings with me on this trip and Boldore is too injured to be of any use." It seems this Pidove still had some fight left in him.

    What will you do?
    She sighed silently in relief when Wings went over to talk to the Pidove, the arguing pair pausing as the third explained the situation to the larger Staravia. Soon afterward, Chloe finished treating Wildfire as best she could and Melissa smiled at the diagnosis. "Thanks for that. I still haven't gotten into the habit of bringing Potions or anything with me yet," she said, slightly sheepish as she watched Wildfire listen to the birds' conversation.

    Once they finished, the Cyndaquil turned back to his trainer as Wings returned to Chloe, both intent on relaying the conversation. Her Cyndaquil started off pointing to the two previously-arguing Pidove, then pointing at himself. Melissa's brow furrowed in confusion as her starter repeated this a few times, the fire mouse noticing that she didn't understand. He then sighed exasperatedly, before pointing to the third Pidove and batting his eyes. Melissa's expression cleared as she nodded her understanding, Wildfire moving on in his charades.

    At the end, Melissa took a moment to make sure she understood what he was saying. "So, you're telling me that those two that were arguing are males, the third is a female, the males were arguing over the female, and she ended up choosing the guy on the left?" she asked, glancing at the trio of little birds, before looking back at Wildfire. Her starter nodded. "Alright then. What's that got to do with us, though?" she wondered under her breath, before answering Chloe's question with a "Not really. Well, I got what's happening, but what's this mean for us?"

    She watched the pair fly away, turning her gaze to the remaining bird, as he forced a smile and cooed something. When the little bird moved to Wings and the two locked gazes, Melissa only started getting uneasy when Wings began to fall asleep, Wildfire shifting to put himself between his trainer and the Pidove. Melissa briefly listened to Chloe complain, before she turned her thoughts towards trying to figure out why the Pokemon was turning on them now.

    "Wildfire, don't look him in the eye, but see if you can find out why he put Wings to sleep. If he attacks you though, throw up a Smokescreen and then Quickly Attack him," she quietly told her starter, making sure not to meet the little Pokemon's gaze either. It'd be bad if she got put to sleep while she was standing in this cavern, not the least because it'd probably hurt a lot to hit the ground here. And, well, her leg.

  14. #264
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,062

    Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 19

    ...Nobody say anything. I've got a hungry Seviper, and I'm not afraid to use her! =P I may or may not be taking an updating hiatus for the next couple of months, it just depends on how intensive my schoolwork gets.


    The Divine Woodland


    Diamond Lake

    Meetan

    While you were trying to rescue a Surskit from its fever, another Pokemon was in dire straits as the Swellow you battled just got snatched up by something, and whatever it was left a pawprint behind. Perhaps it was a predator that found an opportunity for a free meal? Anyway, you had your little porker try to get the scent of the perp, and thankfully the good little Odor Sleuth was soon hot on the trail as he scurries off toward the forest close by. You didn’t want him to lose the scent, but suddenly the ranger’s phone started ringing. “Ranger Kellogg. … What!? Are you sure!? I’ll be there right away!” He hangs up and then speaks to you trying to make you feel at ease, but you could sense the urgency in his voice: “I’m sorry, I’d like to help you track down whatever it was that took Swellow, but something came up, and I’m needed back at the station. Good luck, though!” And with that, he ran back down the trail he came from while you run after Swinub in an effort to catch up to him.

    Soon after you catch up, however, he seems confused. Seems like the enemy was pretty crafty and hid their trail in the tall grass you found yourself in. Since he could no longer find the enemy’s scent, you ask him to try finding Swellow’s scent. It may have been a familiar scent, but he didn’t find it immediately. You try moving out of the tall grass, and it seems he can pick up a faint scent, but he doesn’t seem too sure of it. As you move closer, he’s still not sure yet, but closer … closer … Swinub suddenly points toward the trees again, and you move with haste until you are able to pick out something in one of the taller trees and stop yourself. Swinub confirms that the scent is leading toward the tree and you creep slower and slower towards that tree. On one of the branches, you eventually identify the scene as a Persian sitting there with its paws over Swellow’s limp wing. Looking closer, you could see the puma licking the bird’s body, pulling feathers out, and is about to take a bite into Swellow’s chest when it suddenly looks in your direction and gives you a low, deadly Growl. Oh dear, intruder alert indeed

    What will Alice do?


    Magus Falls

    Kaisap112

    As you dismount Minori, you feel the pressure behind the battle against the Lunar Mage’s Lunatone. What if you lost? You would be stuck here forever! No, you couldn’t think like that … Thanks to your using Minori, you had a type advantage, though there was no telling what a Psychic Pokemon like Lunatone would do. All you could do was trust in your Seel and hope things worked out.

    Well, Minori was certainly going to give it his best shot as he starts off by making a big tidal wave with his tail that almost filled the entire room. As it Surfed towards Lunatone, the wave crashed into it, though it only clipped it from the side, still dealing some nice damage, and you could see the crescent-shaped Rock looking a little more Polished than it was before. Then it uses its powers to levitate a Rock in order to Throw it at Minori. He does see this coming and tries to Dive out of the way, but the boulder is faster and gets to him before he completely submerges. The Seel is able to shrug off the pain, however, and prepares to strike with an Aqua Tail by swimming underneath where the Rock-type was, but the Lunatone’s Confusion attack is able to barely divert the attack towards a wall, causing full damage to Minori in the process, though the Lunatone does take some more damage from the water splashing off the wall. Currently, Lunatone has 10% more energy than Minori, but Minori’s super-effective attacks have provided him about a 10% health advantage.

    What will Noriko do?


    Eyrie Peak


    Posy Field

    Jolteonjak & Son_of_Shadows – {SoS still needs to reply to this update.}

    Dead Forest


    Toxic Marsh

    Ampharos_Dude

    As a mother Linoone with a sufficiently pressed Berserk Button was just about to break through the wooden door that separated you from your worst imaginations at that point coming true, you quickly try to throw a Pokeball at the Zigzagoon you just defeated. Fortunately, the Pokeball hits its mark, engulfs the raccoon, and, after only one shake, pinged to signify the capture was complete. But you couldn’t celebrate just yet! You tell the Squirtleman you achieved success as you pick up the now occupied Monster Ball, to which he hollered with a whoop afterward: “Ya got ‘im!? Whoo, rookie knows his stuff!”

    “All right, Shiro!” Louie chimes in. “You just stand back now, we’ll try ‘n git the mama to come away from there!”

    “Wait, Louie! She’s coming back yer way, I’m on her!” Ah, maybe she couldn’t smell her baby anymore and was heading back towards the living room to protect the other two? If so, now was your chance! You hurriedly call back all of your Pokemon, open the wooden door, and bolt for the front door. Quickly closing it behind you, you suddenly feel safe as you could now let the professionals handle the rest. “What’s goin’ on ‘n there?” the old lady outside asks you. You take another look at the Pokeball holding your newly obtained Lv. 5 Male Zigzagoon … and just sigh in relief.

    After about ten minutes of snarling and shouting, Squirtleman’s trademark whoop could be heard. “Mama Line in the Squirtle Ball!” Not long after, you could hear the babies get captured. Team Squirtle emerges victorious, and Carla looks almost as relieved as you were. “My gosh, what happened?”

    “Well, had a whole family a’ Zigzagoon in your place! But we got ‘em, we’ll make sure ‘n release ‘em ‘n everything in a safer place for ‘em!”

    “Wow, I am so grateful to you, now Riley won’t have to use his shotgun!”

    “Hmph!” he grunted, not really looking like he cared one way or the other. As Carla pays the Squirtle Team the reward, including some of her famous Cheri Pie, Squirtleman leaves with a whoop and a “Squirtleman out!” He then looks to you and says, “Ya did great there! You deserve a share of our reward!” before handing you a small bag with 500 coins and a Cheri Berry. “So, you ready fer our next job?”

    {All right, so you now have yourself a cute Zigzagoon! Expect to see something from Lilblue soon! First, make sure you claim the little guy in your reply before adding him to your party (and make sure you do the same thing for the items too). Second, provide a link to said reply when posting in the Egg House to collect your first egg, and you’ll have permanent access to the Egg House!}

    What will Shiro do?


    Missingno. Master

    Well, looked like you had some time to explore the Venom Barn, and as much as you wanted to see stuff with THE AWSUMIZT GYM LEEDR EVAR, you had to admit that you wanted the very special opportunity of seeing the Nidoran. “Yeah, I understand,” Roxie says to you. “I’ll be with the Scolipede if you change your mind!” And with that, Roxie heads over to the nearby greenhouse while the kids escort you to the Nidoran stables.

    There, you’re able to see quite a large family of Nidoran: three Nidoking, four Nidoqueen, six Nidorina, three Nidorino, and fifteen Nidoran, nine male, six female. Hey, I warned you, large family. Okay, not really, but anyway… the Nidoqueen occasionally stare at you to make sure you don’t try anything then return to tending to their babies. One Nidoqueen is giving her son a bath, and naturally the Nidoran hated every moment of it. Then a Nidorina, likely his older sister, had a mischievous smirk before she joined in with the intent to tickle him. The little guy had enough, and so did his mom as she roared to scare her daughter off before resuming his bath. When she was finished, the Nidoqueen set him down before moving on to another Nidoran. The little male then sees you and starts barking at you, trying to show how tough he is, before charging in your direction, and you sidestep to avoid his Tackle. “Huh,” Shelley nods, “looks like that Nidoran wants a battle, but I wouldn’ recommend it, what with his momma nearby. She sees him get hurt, and she ‘n the daddy’ll put ya through the wringer ‘fore she washes ya and hangs ya up to dry!” You get the feeling Shelley is speaking quite literally, but the male Nidoran was getting persistent, so you would have to think of another way to give him some attention.

    What will Keith do?


    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette

    As your meeting with the three ghost sisters begins, you explain to Rowena and Katia what you had been doing for the past few weeks. You now had an ability which would be destructive to the minions of their older sisters, but you would need time to concentrate and get the spell ready. “So, you need a distraction, right?” said Rowena. “We know better than anyone else how to annoy Maura and Anastasia, right girls?

    Right!” Priscilla and Katia say with a slightly mischievous tone.

    Then you bring out Aislyn, your Ninetales, who is … eh, less than enthused about your appearance, to put it lightly. Her role was to be that of a Pokemon whose trainer had died and was then raised by the ghosts. Then you had her do a sad face, and she starts whining and her eyes start getting very soulful, and AWWW, I WANNA GO HUG HERRRR!!! Then you have her give her angry face, and wow, can she get mad! SHE WILL HAVE HER VENGEANCE, I ASSURE YOU! THIS! IS! …Not a good time for me to ramble, is it? Your Pokemon both agree with the plan, and the ghosts are assured that it’s the best plan they could come up with. As long as the focus was completely off of you, things would be fine. Well, let’s get started, then, shall we? Onward … TO VICTORY! … I have no idea where I am going. Actually, wait, yes I do, I’m the narrator!

    **********

    Aislyn and the three sisters head off confidently toward the graveyard while you stayed behind for a minute to gather your thoughts. When you were ready, you asked Sangre to Fly you over, and, when he was done chewing up a Yanma’s head (wait, when did he…?), he grabs your hand and carries you over to the trees, just outside of where the cemetery began. Aislyn and the others just got there, in fact, and you make sure to lay low until Maura and Anastasia appear and summon their minions. About the time when the four make it to the center of the graveyard, you could see the two hags from before. “So, sisters,” Anastasia speaks with a haughty tone, “is this going to be your last act of defiance before we send you to the Netherworld for eternity?

    And you have even brought a pretty pet for us!” said Maura, to which your Ninetales gives a fierce glare, all the while coming up with a truly Nasty Plot in order to make these ghosts live through Hell. “No!” Rowena said angrily. “You and your minions are responsible for killing her trainer!

    She barely escaped them alive, it was horrible!” Priscilla added. “We helped nourish her so that she would be strong enough to get her revenge on you, got it!?” Aislyn pours it on by starting to shed tears before giving Maura and Anastasia an even fiercer glare, almost as if she wanted nothing more than to tear their ghostly bodies apart. “You’ve gone too far now!” Katia chimes in. “We’ll make sure you two don’t hurt anyone else!

    All this time, you see the two older sisters ignore everyone else. Maura looks at the tips of her fingers (Are there nails? I’ve never figured that out about Haunter and Gengar…) before saying, “…Are you through? Ana, I believe it’s time to silence our sisters once and for all!” She then turns into her true form, a Gengar sporting a devious grin. “I absolutely agree, they always were inferior!” the other ghost says before she assumes her Mismagius form. Then their eyes start glowing, you could feel the ground shaking even from here, and you knew what was happening. You start to concentrate on your spell as about a hundred Poison-type Pokemon seep from their graves. They were mostly lower-leveled Koffing, Grimer, and Trubbish, but there were also some Weezing, Muk, and Garbodor among them that could prove more difficult to vanquish. Not much more is said as the four Pokemon surrounded by Poison-types assume battle stances. The Poison Pokemon inch closer, only for Aislyn to completely blast a Grimer with her Extrasensory power, KOing it instantly. Rowena tries a Sucker Punch, only for it to bounce off another Grimer’s Acid Armor completely; too bad that attack only works when the opponent is using an offensive move too. Fortunately, Priscilla picks up the slack as she lets loose her Psybeam on the same Grimer, and its Acid Armor wasn’t going to save it this time. Another KO’d Grimer! Katia tries her hand at one of the Koffing and attempts to Hypnotize it into going to sleep, but the Koffing looks away in time.

    One of the Trubbish spits some Sludge at Aislyn, doing only a little bit of damage, but it is enough to slightly poison her, and she grimaces as she now has to be subject to filthy, icky stuff on her beautiful fur. Another one spits Sludge at Katia, but it only does minimal damage, while a Koffing spews a Smokescreen in Priscilla’s area, reducing her Accuracy, and a Grimer tries a Mud Slap on Rowena, though she easily Levitates out of the way. Now the gorgeous Ninetales would not be denied the roasting of one Trubbish who dared to dirty her beautiful coat. Her Flamethrower instantly burns up not only the Trubbish in front of her but the one behind it as well. Not bad! She got her revenge, and then some! A Confuse Ray from Rowena then serves to confuse a couple of Koffing in the which they attack each other to the point where they Selfdestruct against each other. Rowena and the other Ghosts may have been in the blast zone, but they felt none of the damage. Three Grimer, a Garbodor, and two more Trubbish were all KO’d by the blast, however, as Priscilla thoroughly Astonished another Koffing, causing it to flinch. Katia then spits out a Shadow Ball to finish off that same Koffing before the Poison-types launched another assault. Another Grimer was close enough so that it could spew more Sludge at Aislyn, though the Ninetales is able to see it coming this time and jumps away, only getting her foot barely caught in the attack. Some other Poison-types mindlessly try Pound and Doubleslap attacks against the ghosts … yeah, did I mention they were mindlessly doing that? The two sisters were still focused on controlling their stronger minions, so the weaker ones were going to be fodder, apparently. One minute has passed by, and as you continue to concentrate on your spell you feel it will only be four more minutes until the spell is ready. During that time you would be unable to give orders to your Pokemon though, and even if you did you would give away your position.

    # of Minions Remaining:
    17 Grimer
    20 Koffing
    18 Trubbish
    11 Muk
    11 Weezing
    10 Garbodor

    What will Marion do?

    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 28th February 2013 at 7:08 PM.

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Dead Forest


    Toxic Marsh

    Missingno. Master

    Well, looked like you had some time to explore the Venom Barn, and as much as you wanted to see stuff with THE AWSUMIZT GYM LEEDR EVAR, you had to admit that you wanted the very special opportunity of seeing the Nidoran. “Yeah, I understand,” Roxie says to you. “I’ll be with the Scolipede if you change your mind!” And with that, Roxie heads over to the nearby greenhouse while the kids escort you to the Nidoran stables.

    There, you’re able to see quite a large family of Nidoran: three Nidoking, four Nidoqueen, six Nidorina, three Nidorino, and fifteen Nidoran, nine male, six female. Hey, I warned you, large family. Okay, not really, but anyway… the Nidoqueen occasionally stare at you to make sure you don’t try anything then return to tending to their babies. One Nidoqueen is giving her son a bath, and naturally the Nidoran hated every moment of it. Then a Nidorina, likely his older sister, had a mischievous smirk before she joined in with the intent to tickle him. The little guy had enough, and so did his mom as she roared to scare her daughter off before resuming his bath. When she was finished, the Nidoqueen set him down before moving on to another Nidoran. The little male then sees you and starts barking at you, trying to show how tough he is, before charging in your direction, and you sidestep to avoid his Tackle. “Huh,” Shelley nods, “looks like that Nidoran wants a battle, but I wouldn’ recommend it, what with his momma nearby. She sees him get hurt, and she ‘n the daddy’ll put ya through the wringer ‘fore she washes ya and hangs ya up to dry!” You get the feeling Shelley is speaking quite literally, but the male Nidoran was getting persistent, so you would have to think of another way to give him some attention.

    What will Keith do?
    Keith was escorted to the stables, where a rather large family of Nidoran awaited. Having never had much experience with these Pokemon before, Keith was naturally quite eager to see them. The Nidoqueen would occasionally give him stares, making sure he wasn't there to try any funny business. Then, one male Nidoran, fresh from his bath, noticed Keith and barked at him, in an effort to show his strength before charging forward. Keith had to step off to the side to evade the Tackle before he took out his Pokedex.

    "Nidoran, the Poison Pin Pokemon," it droned. "The males have large horns which secrete powerful toxins, and large ears enabling them to hear the slightest sound."

    Shelley remarked that the Nidoran seemed to want a battle, but advised Keith against it, stating that his parents were likely to react in a very negative, very violent fashion. Keith nodded gravely in acknowledgement of this advice, though it was obvious the Nidoran wasn't gonna make this as easy as simply not battling- he was getting pretty persistent. Much as Keith would have liked to accept the little guy's challenge, he was also rather fond of not being mangled by an overprotective Nidoqueen and Nidoking. Instead, he crouched down and smiled at the Nidoran. "Hey, there, Nidoran," he said in a friendly voice. "You're pretty tough, aren't you? Yeah, I can tell. Hey, you know what? Instead of a battle, how about we play? You got any games you like to play?" he asked the Poison-type.

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  16. #266
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #15



    The Island
    ~Shaman River~

    Mon1010: Repost of last update


    ------------------------------------------------------

    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: Repost of last update


    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Divine Woodland
    ~Magus Falls~

    Trainer Andy: Repost of Last Update


    ------------------------------------------------------


    Uhhhhh: With some quick thinking, you manage to defend yourself against the speeding Air Cutter by calling out your alternate-colored Boldore, Humphrey, to take the hit. Given the Yanmega's size, the attack does more damage than it should to a large rock, but being fresh, Humphrey takes it. All of a sudden, you all hear a loud sound screeching through the forest. The metallic sound rips through the four of you, but Yanmega seems to be most affected by it. The Ogre Darner pauses briefly before its glowing wings prepare to slice the air to create a blade of air to slash Gaspard.

    Gaspard, meanwhile, works himself up to attack more effectively. He charges at Yanmega with his tail fist charged with fire. As he was just about to punch Yanmega, you're all assaulted, once more, by another loud, screeching, metallic sound. You and Gaspard both grasp your ears seeking any form of comfort from the sound. Humphrey and Yanmega, not having hands, both tense up closing their eyes taking the sound hoping it would go away soon.

    When the sound finally ceases, you look around for the source. From behind some trees, an elderly woman appears. "Are you alright child?" she asks. From behind her, a large metallic Pokemon appears. The Pokemon with large plates of metal all over its body with two large horns stands beside her. "I heard Yanmega was around, so I had my Aggron scare it off. That Yanmega has been causing problems for the longest time, but it doesn't appear to enjoy the sound of Aggron's Metal Sound." It seems to have worked, because when you look back, you see the giant Yanmega turn around and fly off very quickly after seeing the lady's Aggron. She walks over to Humphrey, and pats his head. "My, what a beautifully unique Boldore," she comments. "While I don't agree with your choice of using your Pokemon to absorb attacks, I commend you for choosing a strong Rock-type. My name is Cecilia." She notices your camera. "I have a cabin near here. You're welcome to come back and rest a bit."

    Cecilia seems to have saved you from a tough battle, and Humphrey gained a fan. Whether or not that's a good thing in your opinion, you do have an offer for some rest. What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Celebii151: Repost of last update


    -------------------------------------------------------


    Charminions: The battle against the three Swellow starts off with you at a disadvantage, but you even the score by relying on your very own Swellow. The unique black and red-feathered Swellow appears on the ground in front of you. As the speedy Swift stars fly through the air towards you, you take advantage of Rukia's own speed, and order a defense. Rukia's wings spins sideways with wings glowing and begins to flap powerfully. The gusts produced all swirl the air until a funnel cloud is created. The twister, between you and the Swift, catch a majority of the stars. They swirl in the the twister rapidly, while the others just collide with nearby trees and other foliage. Once the twister dissipates, the stars scatter once more, but now they're spread all over the area. They strike all of the Pokemon; Osage, Rukia, Pigkey, the three battling Swellow, and the first Swellow in the tree; for almost no damage. Once again, the surrounding environment is pelted with stars.

    Osage takes his orders and gets right to work, and it's a good thing too. Seeing their Swift attack pretty much failed to deter you, the leftmost Swellow quickly decides to fly in for an attack. Unfortunatley for it, the Swellow flies right through a beam of icy energy courtesy of Osage. While there was no freezing due to the Ice Beam, the Swellow's speed from the Quick Attack is slowed down. The not-so-Quick Attack slaps Osage, but he's not going down that easily. Swellow begins flying away.

    Pigkey, meanwhile, takes a nearby rock and throws it at its pre-chosen Swellow. The rock smacks the Swellow on its wing, and it begins to fall down to the ground. It stands up and tries to get back in the air, but it's temporarily incapacitated. Swellow begins to glow pink, and it releases a wave of power through the air heading towards Pigkey. Its effect, whether or not it's a secret, is unknown for now; as even though it hits Pigkey, she seems to be unaffected by any side effects.

    The remaining Swellow seems to have been angered greatly by Rukia nullifying their star shower. It gains a little altitude and flaps a brightly glowing wing, slashing at the air a couple times causing two air blades to slice their way towards Rukia. Rukia, though, begins her next attack and speeds through the air. Once she attains enough momentum, she spreads her wings and stiffens them, causing them to become as hard as steel. She glides right through the Air Slashes easily destroying them and finally she slams her steely wing into the Swellow knocking it down a few feet.

    Osage takes advantage of the slowed Swellow and blows some frozen air at it. Due to the blast of Ice Beam it previously took, this wave of frosty air doesn't seem to phase it much. Swellow's feathers protect it from feeling the crystals forming on it, slowing it down a little more. Its feet, however, feel the freeze. Will there be a lasting effect? Next it flies high up to the sky charging energy for a strong attack. It's certainly planning something.

    With an incapacitated Swellow to contend with, Pigkey leaps into the air and actually lands on Swellow's back! Her fist charges with thundrous energy, and she punches Swellow on the back. The close range of the electric attack seems to jolt Swellow into action. Showing no signs of paralysis, Swellow leaps into the air in pain and flies off, with Pigkey on its back. Feeling the weight of the Pig Monkey on its back, Swellow begins flying with sporadic movements hoping to shake her off.

    You've started out pretty well against the trio of Swellow. Rukia is sitting pretty as she has taken the least amount of damage; plus she used the least amount of energy. Osage took some damage, but he is by no means hurting. He has used the most energy though, but again, he's still doing well. Pigkey also took a little damage and used a some energy as well. She's pretty much right in the middle, even if she's flying high. As for the Swellow, Osage's Swellow easily took the most damage from those ice attacks, and due to the Sky Attack it's planning, it's using the most energy. Rukia's Swellow took the least amount of damage, if only because one attack connected. Its energy usage, though low, was not as low as Pigkey's. Speaking of which, Pigkey's Swello took quite a bit of damage.

    What will you do?

    --------------------------------------------------------


    myahoo: Once the pair of love-Pidove flew off, the remaining Pidove seemed to have shifted gears immediately. He went right for Wings, and put it to sleep. Without another fresh Pokemon to use Chloe was out of options. You asked Wildfire to talk to the Pidove about why he did this. He walked over, not ready for a battle, and he began to speak.

    The Pidove squeaked and cooed back, and at one point, it looked like he was crying a little. The tone of the Pidove changed once again, as it began to get angry. Squawking quite angrily, the Pidove taunted Wildfire, and he fell for it. Wildfire ignored your first instruction of a Smokescreen, and quickly, he leapt at the Tiny Pigeon. The attack knocked Pidove off his feet, but he immediately took flight. Pidove began to flap his wings causing some strong gusts to blow at Wildfire. He braced himself for the winds, and luckily he wasn't hurt too much.

    "It would have been nice to know why that Pidove attacked Wings," Chloe remarked. "I have my ideas but still." She watched the battle beginning while holding her Staravia in her arms, who was still sleeping soundly. "The effects of that Taunt should wear off soon, but in the middle of battle I don't think we should pester Wildfire."

    Pidove, meanwhile, flapped its wings fiercely generating some strong wind. What was he up to? It seems you have no choice now.

    What will you do?


    ------------------------------------------------------

    ~Posy Field~
    OkikuMew: You feel a sense of relief as you observe the pile of bandages when you hear the muffled panting and whimpering. Before you could act on that, though, some large piles of leaves attack. When they launch another round of Razor Leaf, you react quickly enough. Omen floats between you and the racing leaves, and he faces the leaves and begins to spin quickly. The wind generated blows through the leaves causing them to stop spinning so rapidly, and they slowly, ominously fall to the ground.

    The Swadloon on the left, looking to make quick work of you all, shoots some string at you. Himiko intervenes and with her blue-glowing eyes, she sends out a small telekinetic wave towards the Swadloon. The wave envelops the String Shot, and much to Swadloon's confusion the string strikes it in the face. In retaliation, you see that Swadloon's eyes glowing a light green, but you don't notice an attack. Swadloon actually causes a few blades of grass to tie together in a knot and sweep Himiko off her feet.

    After seeing its and its friends' Razor Leaf attack get disrupted by Omen, the Swadloon in the middle angrily launches another attack. Its antennae glow and an orb of grass energy forms by its open mouth. Swadloon launches the ball of energy at Omen causing some damage to the Puppet Pokemon.

    Not to be outdone by its allies, the Swadloon, once again, launches some razor-sharp leaves at Spi. Your little Natu dodges them all, though, as he is on a mission to climb the tree. When he gets close enough to the Swadloon, he begins to peck the Leaf-Wrapped Pokemon repeatedly until finally it erects a barrier to protect it from further damage.

    Meanwhile, the middle Swadloon raises part of its leaf cloak up to its mouth, and it begins to blow on the glowing leaf like a whistle made of grass causing waves of musical notes to float in a swaying motion towards all of you. Being the closest, Spi feels the effects immediately, and he is put to sleep.

    Omen took the most damage on your team, followed by Himiko. Spi didn't take any. Omen used a touch more energy than Himiko deflecting three sets of leaves, but neither of them are in any danger of a blackout just yet. As for the Swadloon, Spi's Swadloon easily took the most damage from that super super-effective attack, and it used the most energy. Himiko's Swadloon took some damage, and Omen's didn't take any. Himiko's Swadloon is, again, in the middle in terms of energy usage, followed by Omen's Swadloon.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------



    takkupanda: Repost of Last Update


    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Forgotten Ruins~

    Allishinca: At the end of a tunnel unexpectedly at an exit, you wondered whether or not to leave. Before you could continue your train of thought, Beheeyem appeared asking what you're doing. When you explained that the other path was blocked, the Guardian immediately disappeared to rectify things. Satisfied Pluto made to walk back down the hall, but you waffled a little. After some prodding from the Darkness Pokemon, you got on your feet and started walking back.

    To pass the time, you take out your panpipes and begin to play some melancholy music. After a few moments, Beheeyem snaps into view. "I thought it was you playing that lovely tune," it says. Beheeyem feet tap the floor alternately to the beat of your song. "Just as I was about to move that boulder, I heard some music; and I thought at first angels were about to visit me. But then I realized, or at least I hoped, I wasn't dying, so my next guess was you. So glad I was to find you are the source of this delightful music, because dying is just not convenient for me at the moment." Beheeyem looks at Pluto. "Doesn't it just make you want to dance?" At this point, you stop playing your panpipes, and the Guardian also stops tapping the floor. "You're almost there," it says. "Then you'll get another riddle."

    It would be around this time, you have come to expect Beheeyem to disappear again, but it hasn't yet. It trots along by your side, bouncing on either of its little feet. The way Beheeyem moves oddly reminds you of a bell. With some more time passing, you and Pluto, along with Guardian Beheeyem finally reach the fork in the tunnel. The boulder has yet to be moved.

    "Didn't I just come back here to move this?" Beheyeem thinks out loud. "That's right, the music." Beheeyem steps forward. Both of its round green eyes and the pattern on its head begin to glow. Then the boulder begins to glow a light blue. The boulder slowly lifts off the ground. "Please stay behind me. It's awfully heavy, and I would appreciate not having any distractions." The boulder is slowly floating through the air now as it moves towards the tunnel leading to the fiery room. The boulder drops suddenly, but at least the path going forward is now open. "I don't remember that being so heavy," Beheeyem says between breaths. It sits on the floor. "Go on ahead. I promise you will not find another boulder in the way; I don't think I could take it if there were."

    With the Guardian recovering, you move on down the hallway. You find the torches on the wall are already lit. It seems the torches knew which way you should have gone all along. From behind you, you can hear some clicking sounds. It has to have been Beheeyem teleporting away, because suddenly it stops. You notice, like before, the air is starting to change. It feels like it's getting colder. A cool wind blows by, not extinguishing the torches, but still a bit colder than expected for such a location. Up ahead you can see a bright white light. As you approach it, you feel another wave of cold air, chilling you both a little more now. Moments from the room now, you notice the torches and the torch holders had what appears to be icicles on them, at least where there weren't flames.

    You enter the room now, and much to your amazement, you see it's filled with snow. As you move around inside the room, you find that instead of the floor being wet and slippery, it isn't. The room is colder and more windy than the other rooms, much colder than the fiery room and rightfully so.

    Ahead of you between the two central torches is Beheeyem. "Ahh there you are," Beheeyem says. "You must be wondering how all this snow got in there, right? Well," it pauses, "it did." Beheeyem clears its throat. "Don't panic. It won't get any colder in here, nor will there be another snowstorm. I believe the next one is due on the night of the next blue moon. Can you believe that? A blue moon! Who ever heard of such a thing? Right, now for a riddle. Let's see...

    What's in a name
    when I consume the same?
    Find me in a mine
    having a good time
    while I produce my internal flames.

    Good luck." Beheeyem snaps away. It suddenly snaps back in front of you. "If the wind is too much," Beheeyem shivers a little, "please stand between the torches. They generate an awful lot of heat. Oh, and, you know the drill." Beheeyem quickly vanishes again.

    What will you do?

    ----------------------------------------------------------

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: You and Aubrey begin to follow the footprints leading out of his camp. Volts is by your side, and Aubrey's Masquerain flutters by. You couldn't help but notice that Masquerain looks worried. "You see, Masquerain was my first capture, well as a Surskit," Aubrey says while you're walking. "She adapted very well to being a contest performer. Eventually, I woke up one morning, and I found that she had laid an egg. The egg hatched into my Surskit."

    The two of you push through the surrounding brush some more. Aubrey keeps his eye on the ground to make sure you're both following the footprints. It seems you're passing along the river, the same one that ends at the pond where you caught Surskit. The sense of urgency seems to show through as you hasten through the woods. You aren't even able to enjoy along the way. "He may know some strong contest moves, but he's still young," Aubrey says, breaking the silence. Now you were starting to get worried despite only meeting him just hours ago. Aubrey trips on an exposed rock; clearly his mind is elsewhere. You run up to help him back on his feet, and he says, "Who would steal someone's Pokemon? Especially right under someone else's nose?"

    You're both side by side walking now, both keeping an eye on the footprints and what's ahead of you. Aubrey keeps turning to say something to you, taking a breath to start speaking, but he doesn't. After a couple times, he finally says, "My Ursaring. I told you I would tell you about him. When I was traveling through the Hoenn region, for contests, I came across a rather unique store in Slateport City. It was a Pokemon Boutique of sorts. I went inside, intrigued, and I was amazed at what they could do. The owner had developed these pills that when taken will dye a Pokemon's skin, fur, and so on a different color. Now I'm sure you've heard stories about alternate-colored Pokemon. The idea is similar; however, with these pills it makes the recoloring look aritifical and slightly monotone. After hearing about this, I thought it would be cool to have my Ursaring, who was a Teddiursa at the time, become more like a black bear. Amazingly it only took one pill to achieve this look; and I don't know if you noticed, but his snout and the ring on him changed to a grey color. I have a few others on me, as a matter of fact, in case I want to recolor anything else I catch." For a moment, while Aubrey was speaking, you can see he's relaxed a little. He even smiles once or twice. The explanation seems to have preoccupied him into not worrying about his Surskit. The same cannot be said for Masquerain, though. The Eyeball Pokemon flutters all over looking from side to side for her captured child.

    All of a sudden, you hear some cackling coming from up ahead of you both, in the direction of the footprints. You hasten your steps towards the feminine sound of the laughing. Up through the treetops, you can barely see it, but there is some smoke also billowing through the branches and leaves. As you get closer, Aubrey steps off the path to approach the camp in secrecy. "We've got to keep our voices down," he says almost whispering. "I don't know who we're up against, or even if they took my Surskit." Masquerain lands on his head and glares forward. You reach the outlying border of the new camp. Luckily there are some thick bushes to hide behind. You stick your hands through the bush in order to clear open some space. You now peek through the bushes, and soon enough you see it. On the far end of the camp, in a small cage is a Surskit looking sad and scared. Masquerain must have also seen it, because she begins to stir. "Calm down Masquerain," Aubrey sternly whispers now spotting the caged Pond Skater. "We will get Surskit back." After another quick survey of the area, Aubrey quietly stands up. He has a look of determination on his face, but you still do not know whom you are up against.

    You wonder if you should stop him, for a moment, in order to collect some information.

    What will you do?

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    ~Posy Field~
    OkikuMew: You feel a sense of relief as you observe the pile of bandages when you hear the muffled panting and whimpering. Before you could act on that, though, some large piles of leaves attack. When they launch another round of Razor Leaf, you react quickly enough. Omen floats between you and the racing leaves, and he faces the leaves and begins to spin quickly. The wind generated blows through the leaves causing them to stop spinning so rapidly, and they slowly, ominously fall to the ground.

    The Swadloon on the left, looking to make quick work of you all, shoots some string at you. Himiko intervenes and with her blue-glowing eyes, she sends out a small telekinetic wave towards the Swadloon. The wave envelops the String Shot, and much to Swadloon's confusion the string strikes it in the face. In retaliation, you see that Swadloon's eyes glowing a light green, but you don't notice an attack. Swadloon actually causes a few blades of grass to tie together in a knot and sweep Himiko off her feet.

    After seeing its and its friends' Razor Leaf attack get disrupted by Omen, the Swadloon in the middle angrily launches another attack. Its antennae glow and an orb of grass energy forms by its open mouth. Swadloon launches the ball of energy at Omen causing some damage to the Puppet Pokemon.

    Not to be outdone by its allies, the Swadloon, once again, launches some razor-sharp leaves at Spi. Your little Natu dodges them all, though, as he is on a mission to climb the tree. When he gets close enough to the Swadloon, he begins to peck the Leaf-Wrapped Pokemon repeatedly until finally it erects a barrier to protect it from further damage.

    Meanwhile, the middle Swadloon raises part of its leaf cloak up to its mouth, and it begins to blow on the glowing leaf like a whistle made of grass causing waves of musical notes to float in a swaying motion towards all of you. Being the closest, Spi feels the effects immediately, and he is put to sleep.

    Omen took the most damage on your team, followed by Himiko. Spi didn't take any. Omen used a touch more energy than Himiko deflecting three sets of leaves, but neither of them are in any danger of a blackout just yet. As for the Swadloon, Spi's Swadloon easily took the most damage from that super super-effective attack, and it used the most energy. Himiko's Swadloon took some damage, and Omen's didn't take any. Himiko's Swadloon is, again, in the middle in terms of energy usage, followed by Omen's Swadloon.

    What will you do?
    Okiku's brain went on overload as she tried to evaluate the situation of the battle. It was her first 3-on-3 battle, after all, and there's quite a lot of action.

    Poor Omenya get hit quite a bit by that Energy Ball and so did Himiko by being tripped over by those blades of grass, but the two were far from being knocked out. Spi on the other hand actually showed a lot of skills to Okiku's surprise, have skillfully dodged an attack, but unfortunately he fell asleep.

    After some quick thinking, she yelled out her next orders:

    "Omen, use Ominous Wind again but concentrate it on the one Spi attacked! Himi, if that Swadloon is not out after Omen's attack, Tackle him down! If he does faint, target the one you've hit earlier instead! And in either way, try to make the Swadloon you attack hit another; Hit two, uh, bugs with one stone, you know?"

    As for her sleeping Natu, well she knew he was quite an Early Bird and would wake up quickly, but she estimated it wouldn't be fast enough to react against an upcoming attack. However, she also knew how to wake him up even faster: Playing her Blue Flute she got at a party, which she was very happy to have kept it for her travels. She didn't know how to exactly play it though, being the first time she put her lips on it, so she simply did her best as she could to blow into it and try to replicate a cheerful tune she heard before by ear.

    While she played, she thought that she won't have enough time to call out Spi's moves after he wakes up, so she hoped that her little bird would wake up just in time to dodge attacks like a boss again.
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 6th March 2013 at 3:24 AM.

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: You and Aubrey begin to follow the footprints leading out of his camp. Volts is by your side, and Aubrey's Masquerain flutters by. You couldn't help but notice that Masquerain looks worried. "You see, Masquerain was my first capture, well as a Surskit," Aubrey says while you're walking. "She adapted very well to being a contest performer. Eventually, I woke up one morning, and I found that she had laid an egg. The egg hatched into my Surskit."

    The two of you push through the surrounding brush some more. Aubrey keeps his eye on the ground to make sure you're both following the footprints. It seems you're passing along the river, the same one that ends at the pond where you caught Surskit. The sense of urgency seems to show through as you hasten through the woods. You aren't even able to enjoy along the way. "He may know some strong contest moves, but he's still young," Aubrey says, breaking the silence. Now you were starting to get worried despite only meeting him just hours ago. Aubrey trips on an exposed rock; clearly his mind is elsewhere. You run up to help him back on his feet, and he says, "Who would steal someone's Pokemon? Especially right under someone else's nose?"

    You're both side by side walking now, both keeping an eye on the footprints and what's ahead of you. Aubrey keeps turning to say something to you, taking a breath to start speaking, but he doesn't. After a couple times, he finally says, "My Ursaring. I told you I would tell you about him. When I was traveling through the Hoenn region, for contests, I came across a rather unique store in Slateport City. It was a Pokemon Boutique of sorts. I went inside, intrigued, and I was amazed at what they could do. The owner had developed these pills that when taken will dye a Pokemon's skin, fur, and so on a different color. Now I'm sure you've heard stories about alternate-colored Pokemon. The idea is similar; however, with these pills it makes the recoloring look aritifical and slightly monotone. After hearing about this, I thought it would be cool to have my Ursaring, who was a Teddiursa at the time, become more like a black bear. Amazingly it only took one pill to achieve this look; and I don't know if you noticed, but his snout and the ring on him changed to a grey color. I have a few others on me, as a matter of fact, in case I want to recolor anything else I catch." For a moment, while Aubrey was speaking, you can see he's relaxed a little. He even smiles once or twice. The explanation seems to have preoccupied him into not worrying about his Surskit. The same cannot be said for Masquerain, though. The Eyeball Pokemon flutters all over looking from side to side for her captured child.

    All of a sudden, you hear some cackling coming from up ahead of you both, in the direction of the footprints. You hasten your steps towards the feminine sound of the laughing. Up through the treetops, you can barely see it, but there is some smoke also billowing through the branches and leaves. As you get closer, Aubrey steps off the path to approach the camp in secrecy. "We've got to keep our voices down," he says almost whispering. "I don't know who we're up against, or even if they took my Surskit." Masquerain lands on his head and glares forward. You reach the outlying border of the new camp. Luckily there are some thick bushes to hide behind. You stick your hands through the bush in order to clear open some space. You now peek through the bushes, and soon enough you see it. On the far end of the camp, in a small cage is a Surskit looking sad and scared. Masquerain must have also seen it, because she begins to stir. "Calm down Masquerain," Aubrey sternly whispers now spotting the caged Pond Skater. "We will get Surskit back." After another quick survey of the area, Aubrey quietly stands up. He has a look of determination on his face, but you still do not know whom you are up against.

    You wonder if you should stop him, for a moment, in order to collect some information.

    What will you do?
    Myrrh and Aubrey were on the trail searching for the missing Surskit. As they walked, Aubrey told Myrrh a little bit about his two Pokemon. As interesting as their backstory was for Myrrh, reminiscing about his two Pokemon only seemed to make Aubrey more concerned. Myrrh noticed how concerned Aubrey was becoming, and when Aubrey tripped on a rock and seemed to reach an all time low in moral, Myrrh found that he could not do much to comfort him. Myrrh didn't say much during the search, but he too was concerned and worried, and hoped that Aubrey could see that.

    Things got a little better when Aubrey told Myrrh about his Black Ursaring. Myrrh was intrigued by all of it, he never imagined that such a place and service would exist and thought it was rather cool that trainers and their Pokemon could agree on a more unique look. Despite the interest he showed earlier, Volts didn't seem all that fazed by Aubrey's reveal about the pills. He wasn't disappointed or anything, but he was hoping that Ursaring's coloration was something more rare or something. He too thought it was rather neat though. Myrrh didn't want to press the matter as he felt it wasn't the right time to do so. There would hopefully be time for that later when they find his Surskit.

    Finally they take notice of some cackling and decide to find its source. Volts didn't seem to like the laughter much at all and covered his ears as he heard it. It was a woman's voice, it seemed, they followed it to find a sort of camp. But there was no sign of the source of the laughter. Myrrh and Aubrey get closer so they can get a closer look, taking cover using thick shrubs and bushes. "We've got to keep our voices down," Aubrey says almost whispering. "I don't know who we're up against, or even if they took my Surskit." "Yeah sure." Myrrh replies. They creep closer, moving bushes in their way carefully so they can advance and get a better look. That's when they see it, Aubrey's Surskit, all alone in a cage. Aubrey and his Masquerain begin to stir and look as if they are going to take action. "Hold on!" said Myrrh in a sharp whisper. "I know we're really close but we shouldn't act just yet. We heard a woman laughing right? We haven't even seen her yet, plus she might not be alone. I say we wait here for a little while longer so that we can find out what we might be up against. If it seems like Surskit might be in danger all of a sudden we can come right out to try and stop it. What do you say?"



  19. #269
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    883

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Celebii151: With the impending threat of attacks from Team Plasma Dr. Astrid recruits you to help defend the Research Center. "That's wonderful of you to help," she responds to you. Suddenly she stops running. She turns around to face the trees once again. "Primeape! I beg of you to protect the Pokémon here if you see any Team Plasma member in here!" She continues running until the both of you are at the door leading into the Center. "We're at the entrance to the Research Center. Once we enter I'll seal this door shut, so no one from Team Plasma can get in to the Pokémon play area." She watches you, Nahkriin, and her Magneton enter, and she follows. The door closes, and she enters a code on the number pad near it to seal it shut. "There. By the way, your Druddigon is very impressive. She'll be a big help. The East Wing is this way. Please follow me," she motions with her arm showing you the way.

    "Just so you know what you're fighting for," Astrid begins to speak as you both hasten down the hall towards the East Wing, "this lab does test on Pokémon. Without going into too much detail, we test remedies on Pokémon that are made more naturally. The normal remedies; Antidotes, Burn Heals, and others; are manmade. While they work perfectly fine, we are looking for something more natural, especially in areas like the Unova region where berries normally are not found. We're testing new remedies made from berries that cure the same ailments. Regrettably the only real way to test these remedies is to cause the ailments Poison, Paralyze, Burn, Freeze, and Sleep. Other than that the lab is completely safe. There are dozens of Pokémon doctors on hand on any given day, so that if anything does go wrong help is not far away at all.”

    The pair and their Pokémon reach a closed door. “As you’ve probably guessed,” Astrid continues, “Team Plasma doesn’t like that the Pokémon are inflicted with the different conditions. Normally they protest and question the employees of the Research Center. I don’t know why they are attacking. They should know this is causing unnecessary stress on the monkey Pokémon.” She begins to enter her security code to open the door. “This is the entrance to the East Wing. There’s another short hallway, and then there’s the cafeteria. There are a few offices along the way. I just want to investigate them to make sure they’re secure.” The door opens. Astrid and Magneton enter the hallway and begin checking out rooms. You happen to peek through an office window to see an impeccably clean office.

    All of a sudden you both hear an explosion coming from not too far from you. “They must be in the cafeteria!” You both race to the door to the cafeteria. “Please be careful, both of you,” she warns you as she opens the door.

    You look inside to see utter chaos. Along the back wall you see people in black and grey uniforms with shield emblems on their chest along with their Pokémon. They’re all short bladed red Pokémon with a large blade on their head, which also resembles a helmet. All of their Pawniard are attacking the doctors’ and researchers’ own Pokémon in front of you. As you and Nahkriin and Astrid and Magneton enter the cafeteria the doctors and researchers notice you all, and most of them gasp at Nahkriin. Astrid and Magneton run in and lend a hand, or magnet, “Magneton hold them in place with Thunder Wave!” Tendrils of electricity emit from the magnets of the Magnet Pokémon and grab onto three of the Pawniard holding them in place.

    “Machop, Karate Chop that Pawniard!” you hear a researcher say.

    “Go Hitmonlee, use Rolling Kick!” another researcher orders.

    “Elekid, use Cross Chop on the other one!” a doctor orders.

    You watch the three Pokémon attack the paralyzed Pawniard, and one by one easily they fall.

    “You with Dr. Astrid?” you hear a man ask you. “I’m Joshua her assistant. Thanks for helping us! And sorry for dragging you into this mess at the same time.” Joshua jumps out of the way of an advancing Pawniard. “Electrode, use Rollout!” A large red and white spherical Pokémon rolls by knocking it over.

    Suddenly, four Pawniard rush Joshua and Electrode, overwhelming the Ball Pokémon. One of the Pawniard, however, pays for its assault by becoming paralyzed by Electrode’s Static ability. “If you don’t mind, Electrode and I could use a hand here,” Joshua calls out. Now might be good time to lend a hand, or claw.

    What will you do?
    Team Plasma made quite an unexpected and unpleasant entrance to this research facility, attacking the East Wing. However, they did not account for a Pokemon Trainer being on the premises while they invaded. Astrid pleads with the Primeape, telling them to attack any Team Plasma members they see, before taking Cele and Nahkriin and running in pursuit of Team Plasma. On the way, she compliments Nahkriin, calling her impressive, earning Astrid a prideful roar. "Thanks." Cele answers. Astrid then explains what exactly it is that they research at the facility and why Team Plasma is against it. "I'm kinda 50-50 on this one, Astrid, but Team Plasma cares nothing about Pokemon, so I'm willing to help defeat them." Cele responds.

    The quartet of Astrid, Magneton, Cele and Nahkriin enter the cafeteria, coming across a group of people who Cele recognizes as Team Plasma. They are armed with Pawniard, a fitting Pokemon for ones such as them. The scientists are fighting back with their own Pokemon, including Machop, Elekid and Hitmonlee. Cele whips out his Pokedex and scans the Pawniard. The device comes to life. "Pawniard, the Sharp Blade Pokémon. Ignoring their injuries, groups attack by sinking the blades that cover their bodies into their prey." "Yikes, that a fierce species." Cele comments. Just then, Astrid's Magneton paralyzes a lot of them with Thunder Wave, allowing them to be knocked out by a barrage of Fighting Moves. Joshua, Astrid's assistant introduces himself to Cele. "I'm Cele." Cele says as Joshua's Electrode bowls over a Pawniard, then overwhelmed by a group of Pawniard, leaving one paralyzed thanks to Static. The Pokedex is pointed at Electrode and activated. "Electrode, the Ball Pokémon. It is known to drift on winds if it is bloated to bursting with stored electricity."

    "Okay, Nahkriin, let's get this show on the road!" Cele yells. "Focus Blast that paralyzed Pawniard, then hit another one with FlameThrower! Make sure not to set anything on fire!" He pulls a Pokeball from his belt, releasing the Pokemon from its capsule. An Aron appears. "Larry, hit those Pawniard with a couple of Flame Charges!" Cele orders.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

        Spoiler:- PASBL Record:



  20. #270
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    ...Nobody say anything. I've got a hungry Seviper, and I'm not afraid to use her! =P I may or may not be taking an updating hiatus for the next couple of months, it just depends on how intensive my schoolwork gets.


    The Divine Woodland


    Diamond Lake

    Meetan

    While you were trying to rescue a Surskit from its fever, another Pokemon was in dire straits as the Swellow you battled just got snatched up by something, and whatever it was left a pawprint behind. Perhaps it was a predator that found an opportunity for a free meal? Anyway, you had your little porker try to get the scent of the perp, and thankfully the good little Odor Sleuth was soon hot on the trail as he scurries off toward the forest close by. You didn’t want him to lose the scent, but suddenly the ranger’s phone started ringing. “Ranger Kellogg. … What!? Are you sure!? I’ll be there right away!” He hangs up and then speaks to you trying to make you feel at ease, but you could sense the urgency in his voice: “I’m sorry, I’d like to help you track down whatever it was that took Swellow, but something came up, and I’m needed back at the station. Good luck, though!” And with that, he ran back down the trail he came from while you run after Swinub in an effort to catch up to him.

    Soon after you catch up, however, he seems confused. Seems like the enemy was pretty crafty and hid their trail in the tall grass you found yourself in. Since he could no longer find the enemy’s scent, you ask him to try finding Swellow’s scent. It may have been a familiar scent, but he didn’t find it immediately. You try moving out of the tall grass, and it seems he can pick up a faint scent, but he doesn’t seem too sure of it. As you move closer, he’s still not sure yet, but closer … closer … Swinub suddenly points toward the trees again, and you move with haste until you are able to pick out something in one of the taller trees and stop yourself. Swinub confirms that the scent is leading toward the tree and you creep slower and slower towards that tree. On one of the branches, you eventually identify the scene as a Persian sitting there with its paws over Swellow’s limp wing. Looking closer, you could see the puma licking the bird’s body, pulling feathers out, and is about to take a bite into Swellow’s chest when it suddenly looks in your direction and gives you a low, deadly Growl. Oh dear, intruder alert indeed

    What will Alice do?
    Alice followed her Swinub, who seemed to have caught some sort of scent. He was confident that it was the predator in question, and they were doing well until the long grass threw the ice piggy off. However, not even that could deter her starter, who pursued a different track instead.

    "What kind of Ranger is that, abandoning the mission like this? What an ***." She remarked nastily under her breath, unaware that there were probably other forces behind the cereal-named patrol leaving the pair of them to handle the Swellow-napper. Swinub called out to get her attention back, and the girl's blue eyes turned beyond the brush.

    A Persian had Swellow in its clutches, ready to take a chunk from its flesh and end the bird's life. The growl was intimidating, but she wasn't deterred. "Swinub, you took a beating from that Swellow. No offence, buddy, but I want you to step back. This is a life and death situation here." She told her partner, who was reluctant, but nodded his little round body all the same.

    The young girl pulled one of the many pink and white spheres from her bag, expanding the size before tossing it forth. From the red light a Bagon appeared, but unlike most of its species, its body consisted of different shades of black rather than grey or blue. He glanced back at his trainer with wary irritation before locking angry eyes on the enemy.

    "Bagon, I know you hate me right now, but if you need to lash out at anything, go for the Persian!" Alice pleaded, "Use your Hydro Pump to blast it away, then Dragon Rush and a close up Thunderbolt!"

    ((Stats, yo.))

  21. #271
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yamaku Academy
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post

    Toxic Marsh

    Ampharos_Dude

    As a mother Linoone with a sufficiently pressed Berserk Button was just about to break through the wooden door that separated you from your worst imaginations at that point coming true, you quickly try to throw a Pokeball at the Zigzagoon you just defeated. Fortunately, the Pokeball hits its mark, engulfs the raccoon, and, after only one shake, pinged to signify the capture was complete. But you couldn’t celebrate just yet! You tell the Squirtleman you achieved success as you pick up the now occupied Monster Ball, to which he hollered with a whoop afterward: “Ya got ‘im!? Whoo, rookie knows his stuff!”

    “All right, Shiro!” Louie chimes in. “You just stand back now, we’ll try ‘n git the mama to come away from there!”

    “Wait, Louie! She’s coming back yer way, I’m on her!” Ah, maybe she couldn’t smell her baby anymore and was heading back towards the living room to protect the other two? If so, now was your chance! You hurriedly call back all of your Pokemon, open the wooden door, and bolt for the front door. Quickly closing it behind you, you suddenly feel safe as you could now let the professionals handle the rest. “What’s goin’ on ‘n there?” the old lady outside asks you. You take another look at the Pokeball holding your newly obtained Lv. 5 Male Zigzagoon … and just sigh in relief.

    After about ten minutes of snarling and shouting, Squirtleman’s trademark whoop could be heard. “Mama Line in the Squirtle Ball!” Not long after, you could hear the babies get captured. Team Squirtle emerges victorious, and Carla looks almost as relieved as you were. “My gosh, what happened?”

    “Well, had a whole family a’ Zigzagoon in your place! But we got ‘em, we’ll make sure ‘n release ‘em ‘n everything in a safer place for ‘em!”

    “Wow, I am so grateful to you, now Riley won’t have to use his shotgun!”

    “Hmph!” he grunted, not really looking like he cared one way or the other. As Carla pays the Squirtle Team the reward, including some of her famous Cheri Pie, Squirtleman leaves with a whoop and a “Squirtleman out!” He then looks to you and says, “Ya did great there! You deserve a share of our reward!” before handing you a small bag with 500 coins and a Cheri Berry. “So, you ready fer our next job?”

    {All right, so you now have yourself a cute Zigzagoon! Expect to see something from Lilblue soon! First, make sure you claim the little guy in your reply before adding him to your party (and make sure you do the same thing for the items too). Second, provide a link to said reply when posting in the Egg House to collect your first egg, and you’ll have permanent access to the Egg House!}

    What will Shiro do?


    As he threw the ball, Shiro was spectical, would this really work? Just then the pokeball shook once, and the Zigzagoon was permanently caught inside it.
    "I-it succeeded? Yes!" Shiro shouted, and danced a little, humoring his pokemon.
    "The baby is secured inside a pokeball!" Shiro continued, hoping for the Squirtleman to pick this up.
    "Ya got 'im!? Whoo, rookie knows his stuff!" Squirtleman hollered back.
    "All right, Shiro! You just stand back now, we'll try'n git the mama to come away from there!" Louie chimed.

    Shiro was just about to take another glance at his new mate, but suddenly the mama 'goon ran away somewhere, creating an opportunity to get away from the basement. Shiro quickly called his pokemon and ran for the exit. He wanted to get outside the house as soon as possible, still fearing the mama 'goon.

    As soon as Shiro got outside the house, the old lady asked him something. Shiro, however, had all his attention caught in looking at his new team mate, so he didn't hear the question at all. He hoped little 'goon wouldn't be a rebel, and that it would get along with his new team.

    After the rewards were shared, Shiro glanced at his money bag gleefully, though the fact that he only got a berry out of the whole Cheri Pie made him a little confused, almost missing the Squirtleman's question.
    "So, you ready fer our next job?"
    "Sure, I have all the time of the world on my hands. I just hope we won't encounter any more angry mothers...!" Shiro said, expressing the end of the sentence with a little fright in his voice.

    ---------------------------------
    Claiming the Lv.5 Male Zigzagoon. Also claiming 500 coins, and a Cheri Berry. And Egg Pass.
    ---------------------------------
    (^ I hope I did that right )
    Last edited by Ampharos_Dude; 15th March 2013 at 11:50 PM.

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Eyrie Peak


    Posy Field

    Jolteonjak & Son_of_Shadows

    Still in hot pursuit of a Beedrill swarm, you start to wonder if the Beedrill will get away with your friends. Fortunately, there was a shiny Numel in front of them, ready for action: Chad’s Numel. Chad calls out to Heracross so he could rejoin the group, though it wasn’t likely he’d be seen for a little while, so until then you had to make do with what you had. Fortunately, Joshua’s birds were ready to chase the swarm down and rescue their buddy Steven. Cloudy, the Swablu Joshua just sent out, was in tip-top form, and he’d be in even better shape now that he had increased his Agility and was bearing down on the kidnappers with a huge boost to his Speed. While Bishop made an effort to keep up with the younger avian, Aegis started frothing at the mouth before spitting at the Beedrill holding Teddiursa, and the Bubbles popped against its carapace causing a little damage but not nearly enough needed to force the bee to drop the bear cub. Just then the Beedrill were starting to fly past Chad’s Numel ignoring him, but as he gave a huge Yawn pink bubbles started to float towards the three Beedrill in the back of the swarm. Two of the Beedrill manage to fly out of the way, but the one holding Teddiursa flew straight into the sleep-inducing attack, forcing it and Teddiursa to get drowsy. This set the Beedrill up for Quagsire’s Mud Bomb as he spit out the attack and made it arc right over to the bee causing it to explode above it, weighing down its wings even further.

    Now it was the birds’ turn to try to rescue some Pokemon. Showing off some Acrobatic skill, Cloudy rises up before swooping in with lightning speed to ram the Beedrill hard, and no item means the attack does massive damage and more importantly causes the Beedrill to drop Steven, who Cloudy deftly snatches away from the swarm before bringing the unconscious Munna back to Steven’s safe arms, then flies back to help out with Karrablast. Bishop tries to get close and unleashes an Air Slash, but the Beedrill holding Karrablast flies out of the way at the very last second. What a waste, and now Bishop was seriously getting exhausted, so there was the risk he might not be able to do much else to rescue Karrablast. At least Cloudy was on his tail! Anyway, Aegis then shoots a Water Gun which hits the Beedrill holding Teddiursa for some damage, but it does wash off some of the mud on the Beedrill, so it wasn’t weighed down as much. Quagsire also shoots a Water attack, but this one is just as Scalding hot as his last Water attack. And this one causes some lasting burns on its back, so it certainly wasn't drowsy anymore, but its grip on Teddiursa seriously slackens, though it was still barely holding on to the bear cub despite its struggling. Suddenly, you start to hear another sound of buzzing, and as you run, you look back to see Heracross flying straight towards the swarm, and catching up to you, so you had him too. You had successfully rescued Steven, but Teddiursa and Karrablast were still in trouble, and if you didn’t get them soon, the swarm would get away with their prizes!

    What will Chad and Joshua do?
    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Chad watched the events unfold, and he felt some pride. His Numel found his way back to him, and he was able to slow Teddiursa's keeper down and finally burn it. He also watched as Joshua was able to rescue Steven. 'Finally, we're making progress,' Chad thought to himself. 'Now to get Teddiursa and Karrablast back.'

    Chad saw how Joshua's birds handled the Beedrill. "If Heracross was back, he could catch up quicker than we can," Chad said as he and Joshua continued to chase the Beedrill. "Aegis, maybe you should take a rest, unless Joshua has a different idea in mind for you. Thank you for your help." Chad thought about how the Mud Bomb attack seemed to be effective. "Quagsire, use Mud Bomb again on the Beedrill holding Teddiursa! If you can get close enough, try a Mud Shot! Numel, try Yawn again on the Beedrill holding Karrablast!" Chad figured if the attacks wouldn't cause the Beedrill to release their prisoners, maybe they could slow them down enough to catch up and take care of things themselves. "Teddiursa, see if you can struggle yourself free!"

    Chad watched Quagsire and Numel and Cloudy and Bishop all carry out their trainers' commands. The incessant buzzing, which was previously dying down as the other Beedrill escaped, began getting louder once again. Instinctively, Chad turned around to see where the buzzing was coming from. To his surprise he saw his Heracross returning to the fray. "Heracross! You're just in time." Once he noticed Numel was done with his attacks, he took out Numel's Rocket Ball and aimed it at the Numb Pokemon. "Numel return to your Pokeball." The red capture beam enveloped Numel, and he disappeared into the ball. "Thank you for your hard work! Heracross, Aerial Ace on the Beedrill with Teddiursa!" Heracross flew off to attack. "Catch Teddiursa if it drops her!"


    Cloudy once again managed to prove his skills as the better flier on Joshua's team, zipping towards the first Beedrill and knocking it around with his brilliant Acrobatics. With a few quick moves, Steven was free, and the Swablu carried him back to his trainer. Joshua quickly recalled him to his Pokéball, in order to protect him from further shenanigans. Unfortunately, Bishop once again failed to connect with his Air Slash, meaning the Karrablast was still in danger, but this could be dealt with. He hoped.

    Meanwhile, Chad had managed to rescue his Numel, and was turning his fire on the Beedrill clutching the Teddiursa. So it seemed he couldn't expect much help there, but at least the other Beedrill was being dealt with. Abduction was hardly something they could permit. Still, it raised the question - why exactly were the enemy Beedrill taking hostages? It didn't make much sense. The captured Pokémon were too small to be used as shields after all... He was almost half tempted to let it continue, just to find out what it was all for. But morally speaking, that was slightly disgraceful. Time for a different approach.

    "Bishop, let's use your psychic abilities - use Extrasensory and then Confusion to try to slow the Beedrill carrying Karrablast. Cloudy, you use Agility to get up close and then hit him hard with a Take Down - that should make him drop Karrablast!
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Uhhhhh: With some quick thinking, you manage to defend yourself against the speeding Air Cutter by calling out your alternate-colored Boldore, Humphrey, to take the hit. Given the Yanmega's size, the attack does more damage than it should to a large rock, but being fresh, Humphrey takes it. All of a sudden, you all hear a loud sound screeching through the forest. The metallic sound rips through the four of you, but Yanmega seems to be most affected by it. The Ogre Darner pauses briefly before its glowing wings prepare to slice the air to create a blade of air to slash Gaspard.

    Gaspard, meanwhile, works himself up to attack more effectively. He charges at Yanmega with his tail fist charged with fire. As he was just about to punch Yanmega, you're all assaulted, once more, by another loud, screeching, metallic sound. You and Gaspard both grasp your ears seeking any form of comfort from the sound. Humphrey and Yanmega, not having hands, both tense up closing their eyes taking the sound hoping it would go away soon.

    When the sound finally ceases, you look around for the source. From behind some trees, an elderly woman appears. "Are you alright child?" she asks. From behind her, a large metallic Pokemon appears. The Pokemon with large plates of metal all over its body with two large horns stands beside her. "I heard Yanmega was around, so I had my Aggron scare it off. That Yanmega has been causing problems for the longest time, but it doesn't appear to enjoy the sound of Aggron's Metal Sound." It seems to have worked, because when you look back, you see the giant Yanmega turn around and fly off very quickly after seeing the lady's Aggron. She walks over to Humphrey, and pats his head. "My, what a beautifully unique Boldore," she comments. "While I don't agree with your choice of using your Pokemon to absorb attacks, I commend you for choosing a strong Rock-type. My name is Cecilia." She notices your camera. "I have a cabin near here. You're welcome to come back and rest a bit."

    Cecilia seems to have saved you from a tough battle, and Humphrey gained a fan. Whether or not that's a good thing in your opinion, you do have an offer for some rest. What will you do?
    As the battle against the Yanmega continues, a loud metallic noise interrupts Gaspard's attack on the Yanmega and quickly covered his ears. Connor did so as well however Humphrey and the Yanmega had to endure the noise, having no means to cover their ears. "Agh, what's that noise?!" Connor cried out as the Yanmega suddenly turned back and fled, as if it saw something that terrified it.

    "It stopped..." the sound had finally been gone after some time and Connor and Gaspard had uncovered their ears. "Are you alright child?" a voice then called out to him and the photographer turned around to see an elderly woman and her Aggron approaching him. "An Aggron? Wow..." he then brought out his Pokedex to scan the Aggron.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Aggron, the Iron Armor Pokemon. It claims an entire mountain as its own. The more wounds it has, the more it has battled, so don't take it lightly.
    "That noise... it must have come from this Aggron," he quietly said. "I heard Yanmega was around, so I had my Aggron scare it off. That Yanmega has been causing problems for the longest time, but it doesn't appear to enjoy the sound of Aggron's Metal Sound." she said to him as if confirming his thought. Connor, Gaspard, and Humphrey only then had realized that the Yanmega was gone. "Huh? Where did it go?" he wondered as he looked around to see no signs of the Ogre Darner Pokemon. "It's gone..." the woman then approached Humphrey, "My, what a beautifully unique Boldore," she comments. "While I don't agree with your choice of using your Pokemon to absorb attacks, I commend you for choosing a strong Rock-type. My name is Cecilia." Connor sighs, "I know. It's not something I usually use as a tactic either and as much as possible, I want to avoid doing that... thanks for the latter though madam! I'm sure Humphrey over appreciates the comment though he doesn't it," Connor and Gaspard, who was sitting on top of Humphrey, smiled at her. "My name's Connor. Connor Connelly! It's very nice to meet you," he then notices her staring at his camera, "Oh this? I'm a photographer you see. I came here to practice my photography skills and take some photos of the place," he explained to her. "Oh and thank you for saving us from earlier! I appreciate it so much," he bowed down in respect.

    Connor then remembered something regarding the Yanmega, "Actually, now that I think about it there's something that bothers me. About that Yanmega," he explained to her, "If that Yanmega is so strong and is known to be causing trouble here for a long time, you'd think that some hotshot trainer would want to catch it. And even if no one did, I think you could have easily captured him yourself miss Cecilia. So why is he still around when you know he's terrorizing the forest? Is he that strong that no one has managed to capture him? And not to mention its size... it's so... disturbingly big. I dunno, but I don't think that a Yanmega should ever be that big," Cecilia then invited Connor over a cabin to stay and rest for a while. "Oh, thank you for the offer miss! That battle took quite a lot from us... what do you say Gaspard, Humphrey? Shall we take a rest?" Both Pokemon nodded to him agreement, with Gaspard already lying down on top of Humphrey. "Hehe, it's settled then. Let's rest up for a while then!"

  24. #274
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    myahoo: Once the pair of love-Pidove flew off, the remaining Pidove seemed to have shifted gears immediately. He went right for Wings, and put it to sleep. Without another fresh Pokemon to use Chloe was out of options. You asked Wildfire to talk to the Pidove about why he did this. He walked over, not ready for a battle, and he began to speak.

    The Pidove squeaked and cooed back, and at one point, it looked like he was crying a little. The tone of the Pidove changed once again, as it began to get angry. Squawking quite angrily, the Pidove taunted Wildfire, and he fell for it. Wildfire ignored your first instruction of a Smokescreen, and quickly, he leapt at the Tiny Pigeon. The attack knocked Pidove off his feet, but he immediately took flight. Pidove began to flap his wings causing some strong gusts to blow at Wildfire. He braced himself for the winds, and luckily he wasn't hurt too much.

    "It would have been nice to know why that Pidove attacked Wings," Chloe remarked. "I have my ideas but still." She watched the battle beginning while holding her Staravia in her arms, who was still sleeping soundly. "The effects of that Taunt should wear off soon, but in the middle of battle I don't think we should pester Wildfire."

    Pidove, meanwhile, flapped its wings fiercely generating some strong wind. What was he up to? It seems you have no choice now.

    What will you do?
    As the Pidove and Wildfire began to battle, Melissa couldn't help sighing before slowly setting herself back down. Oh, this is going to be fun, she grimaced silently, thinking about the dust and debris that was sure to be thrown into the air thanks to the Pidove's attacks. It'd probably be best to take the Pidove out quickly, if possible, particularly if he was only fighting because he was heartbroken.

    Melissa nodded absently at Chloe's statements. "It would have, but there's not much we can do now." She considered her starter for a moment. "Besides, it can't hurt to tell him to attack, right?" She raised her voice a little, as the Pidove began fiercely flapping his wings. "Try to cut it off with an Extrasensory. Follow up with a Naturepower and another Quick Attack." While it would have been nice to get a Wild Charge in there, she wasn't entirely sure Wildfire would be able to reach the Pidove at the moment, what with the Taunt still being in effect. Although, hopefully, they wouldn't bring the cave down with the second Naturepower, now that she thought about it...

  25. #275
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    ...Nobody say anything. I've got a hungry Seviper, and I'm not afraid to use her! =P I may or may not be taking an updating hiatus for the next couple of months, it just depends on how intensive my schoolwork gets.


    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    Kaisap112

    As you dismount Minori, you feel the pressure behind the battle against the Lunar Mage’s Lunatone. What if you lost? You would be stuck here forever! No, you couldn’t think like that … Thanks to your using Minori, you had a type advantage, though there was no telling what a Psychic Pokemon like Lunatone would do. All you could do was trust in your Seel and hope things worked out.

    Well, Minori was certainly going to give it his best shot as he starts off by making a big tidal wave with his tail that almost filled the entire room. As it Surfed towards Lunatone, the wave crashed into it, though it only clipped it from the side, still dealing some nice damage, and you could see the crescent-shaped Rock looking a little more Polished than it was before. Then it uses its powers to levitate a Rock in order to Throw it at Minori. He does see this coming and tries to Dive out of the way, but the boulder is faster and gets to him before he completely submerges. The Seel is able to shrug off the pain, however, and prepares to strike with an Aqua Tail by swimming underneath where the Rock-type was, but the Lunatone’s Confusion attack is able to barely divert the attack towards a wall, causing full damage to Minori in the process, though the Lunatone does take some more damage from the water splashing off the wall. Currently, Lunatone has 10% more energy than Minori, but Minori’s super-effective attacks have provided him about a 10% health advantage.

    What will Noriko do?


    With a swing of his tail, Minori brought out a wave that would make any surfer eager to give it a go before proceeding to Surf on it himself. Noriko had to grab the wall for support, the water crashing back down violently – unfortunately, Lunatone was swift in its movements, making sure to get out of the way, yet still sustaining a good deal of damage. When the wave finally disappeared, Noriko blinked a few times, trying to figure out if Minori had just managed to magically wash Lunatone in the process. The shiny surface of the Lunatone wasn’t the result of water and soap though, but a well-executed Rock Polish. Sticking to its rocky strategy, Lunatone floated a rock from beneath the water before using its Psychic capabilities to swing it at Minori with a Rock Throw. As the Seel disappeared beneath the surface to escape the rock, Noriko was suddenly very glad she’d ordered Minori to Dive – though she definitely hadn’t foreseen this event, as much as she would have loved to have been able to say she had. The rock had moved faster though, hitting Minori before the Seel had completely gone underwater, but he seemed able to recover from the pain of the impact: without wasting a second, Minori swam right beneath the floating crescent and prepared to hit it with Aqua Tail.

    Lunatone wasn’t going to stick around for the attack to hit; a purple glow surrounded Minori shortly before throwing the Seel against the wall, with Noriko admiring the timing of the Confusion-attack. The admiration was shortly overcome by a pang of fear when Minori smacked into the wall – the only good thing was the splashing water, which seemed to hurt Lunatone somewhat. Noriko ran a few steps forward, staring intently at where Minori had fallen into the water. “Minori! You okay there?”

    The Seel poked his head above the surface, evidently still in a condition to battle. He seemed pissed though, not ready to forgive the flying piece of rock for ruining such a graceful performance. Noriko took a relieved breath before digging her Pokédex out of her pocket and flipping it open: Lunatone seemed to have taken quite a bit of damage, but Minori wasn’t in the lead by much. Noriko stuck the Dex back into her pocket, to avoid dropping it in the water, before shuffling through said pocket for a mint green ribbon. Tying her hair back, not completely sure why she hadn’t done that before, Noriko tried to think of a new plan of attack. Those Psychic-attacks could be a real pain…

    “Minori, try to submerge Lunatone with another Surf, then strike with Whirlpool! Then try to freeze it underwater with Ice Beam, get that Lunatone into your turf!”

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •