Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 326

Thread: Astoria - The Enchanted Forest

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    Leah’s expression darkens once again from your inquiry as she speaks softer, as if she was trying to stop the words from leaving her mouth: “I… I wish there were a peaceful option to this. But just the mere presence of anything in her territory is met with aggression.” You recall that you did not see a single Pokemon on the way over here. “She has been trying to expand her territory with each passing day and driving out all the Pokemon that used to live here. If she is not stopped, all of Rainbow Pool will be owned by her, and… force… is the only thing she will respond to.”

    Once the Vespiquen and her Combee entourage come to drive away their new intruders, you quickly identify the Combee with the red mark. “Yes, that’s the one! You must try to defeat her first! Ludicolo, use Bubblebeam on Vespiquen!” she orders her Pokemon. No sooner does the foam shoot out of Ludicolo’s mouth at a high speed, however, than do the seven Combee form a defensive barrier in front of Vespiquen, the Combee with the red mark in the center of the barrier and the rest surrounding it, fitting their honeycomb shapes perfectly and looking almost invulnerable as the bubbles bounce off the honeycomb shield, distributing damage between the fortified Combee. They then separate, and you could see the Vespiquen behind them pointing towards all of you. Four of the Combee respond and beat their small wings fast to whip up Gusts of wind on Ludicolo. Despite the type advantage, Ludicolo didn’t look like he took too much damage, which revealed the difference in levels between the Combee and Ludicolo, but you could see why Leah had so much trouble in trying to deal with them before. Fortunately, Vespiquen hasn’t registered you and Trick as any sort of threat yet as she seems to be focusing her swarm on Leah and Ludicolo. Perhaps now is the time to make yourself known in your display against the Combee with the red mark…

    What will Frinth do?



    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125
    Lost in thought... Frinth was momentarily elsewhere, though it all happened in four-fifths of a second, and each thought occurred in a location which was not easily contained.

    white... B-blue... Gold... Are you there?

    Frinth looked around, though the voice came from all directions, uncertain as its premeditated destination, if it has ever been.

    They appeared in a strange corridor. Frinth was simply Hovering over, simply witnessing the scene. a person dressed in dark blue was holding up a strange, glowing sphere, it blue aura laying off its own glare on the ceiling, and another strange sound came out of it. "I am not a sphere." "I am Blue." "I am not glowing." To Frinth and to the other, it did appear as what he has described. but to Frinth, it was not perfectly round. there was a flat end behind what could be seen by the other. Each phrase seemed to drive him insane, as if he wanted to scrape the walls with his fingertips, as if the sole act would soothe the sanity he had left. "You're not being clear..."He sobbed... And finally, The sphere released an odd flare, and left a roll down the hallway saying, "If you say so, I'll roll away, then..."

    The exhausted figure collapsed on the frozen metallic landing, and holes within him began to appear, his flesh disintegrating until a certain point. When a new form appeared from his ashes, his stride went further on towards a glowing point at the end of the corridor, As its odd flare seemed to show something different, as opposed to the dark end behind him.

    Frinth then ended his trip, out of the bizarre universe which had little semblance to what he had already seen.

    "I'll try catching one of them. The one I have to get is mine." He places his finger high in the air, out to the center combee, one with the red mark.

    "Trick! Absorb then Thunderpunch!"

    Leah's Ludicolo was evidently experienced, each bubble that comes out gracefully encasing the sunlight and releasing them as luminescent sparkles as they hit the Combee.



    Last edited by Coolz8; 29th June 2012 at 3:18 PM.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    [b]
    Eyrie Peak


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    Your picnic ruined by a Karrablast (and your own recklessness), you didn’t want the entire day to be left without enjoying it. So you leave the Karrablast where it is and head into the forested area of Posy Field to search for some fruits or Berries. Perhaps you can use them to rejuvenate Bishop, maybe even Karrablast, and have plenty left over to make it a picnic once again. Not long after passing a Galvantula sitting in its shocking web, however, you hear some unmistakable buzzing. Further up the trail flies a single Beedrill, buzzing straight at you. You also conveniently notice it holding a good handful of Berries.

    Until it accidentally runs into you and sends all the Berries flying all over the place. The Beedrill quickly comes back to its senses and gets ticked. It didn’t matter if it was your fault or not, this Poison Bee was blaming you for its blunder, though it also looked like it didn’t have the time to waste dealing with you. And dealing with a wild Pokemon in a conflicted situation can be very dangerous.

    What will Joshua do?

    The berry gathering was time-consuming... And largely fruitless (pun intended) at the start. The trail was practically dry. A few bugs here and there, including a surprisingly small Galvantula in its web - Joshua wondered if there were any Joltik about, and watched the ground. Joltik, the smallest Pokémon in the world, was stupidly easy to step on. But Galvantula's electric buzzing wasn't the only buzzing around. A Beedrill, heading his way on the path, was... somehow... carrying a load of berries, for whatever reason. Perhaps because of its haste, it collided with him, and Joshua was just thankful he didn't get a sting from it. Its Berries fell all over the forest floor, and naturally, Beedrill looked annoyed.

    Why does this stuff always happen to me? Everywhere I go, SOMETHING is very angry at me! So, he did what any rational person would do in this situation. He screamed "SORRY!" at the top of his lungs like a little girl and tore off back along the trail towards the field.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    821

    Default Uhhhhhpdate Number 1!

    YAY, I FINALLY POSTED~ 8D

    Ahem. Anywhoo folks, sorry to keep you guys waiting. As you all know I’m the third and the slowest updator in Astoria and I welcome seven of you folks. If you’re not on my list, then I’m afraid I’m not taking you right now as I’m capping myself. I may take one or two more later on though If I can handle it, we’ll see. I also apologize for any grammar errors and if my wording may seem awkward at times. Enough with the chitchat, let’s get down to business!

    The Island

    Island Ports

    Dark Searchman - Having arrived at Astoria on your very first adventure, you were very eager to open your backpack that your father gave you. After looking through the items he gave you and got yourself acquainted with Sera, your Ralts, you head out to start on your first adventure. With so many places you could go in Astoria and so many things to do, you wonder where exactly you should start adventuring. Should you go look for wild Pokemon? Should you try to find some trainers to battle? Or should you just enjoy the scenery around you? The possibilities are endless as you think of what to do, so much so that you accidentally bumped into a woman.

    “Oh, sorry,” the red-haired woman clad in blue had said to you as she had continued her walk though she stopped again for a few seconds. A closer look at her tells you that the woman looks to be about on her late twenties. “Hmm, this little boy just might do...” she said to herself before turning back to you, “Excuse me, can I ask you a favor?” she says to you. Asking a stranger to do a favor may seem strange but hey, maybe accepting her request isn’t so bad.

    What will you do?

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    The Lost Tribes

    Mozan’s Temple

    King Ghidorah - (Please provide a link to your team stats next time. Thanks! :D)

    Fully aware of the danger you and your Krabby have faced should you fail the trial, you immediately order your Krabby to go to the pillar with the keys and start attempting to retrieve it. Your Krabby immediately follows and is now scuttling through the tunnel to reach the pillar. Your Krabby then gathers up his Rock energy to use Ancientpower to gather as many rocks around him as he could. He then created a pile of rocks for him to climb up to but unfortunately was still too short to reach the key. Regardless, Krabby still climbed up to the tower and then blew out bubbles in an attempt for it to hit the key and at the same time blew out an Icy Wind to freeze the bubbles, making them more solid. Unfortunately, while the wind did freeze the bubbles, they were way past from the key to prove to be useful as the wind only blew them away and the bubbles that did reach the key only just popped, with no effect whatsoever. Your Krabby did try to direct the frozen bubbles back at the key, but they just popped before they could even hit the key. What was even worse was that the makeshift tower of rocks that the Krabby was standing on proved to be very unstable and looked like it was about to fall over. Looks like you’re going to have to think of a better strategy as the Sigilyph still stares at you and the Krabby, not doing anything to help your situation, and the crimson wall moving closer to you...

    What will you do now?

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    Eyrie Peak

    Posy Field

    takkupanda - (Er, fishy said that the Scyther and the Beedrill were fighting each other, but didn’t say who was beating who. I know it doesn’t really affect much, but do be careful about self-updating next time. :))

    Seeing that a girl and her Minccino was in trouble from being stung multiple times by a Vespiquen and her Combee minions after presumably taking some honey from, you and Broly decide to help the girl get out from danger as you quickly approach them. Broly arrives at the scene first and quickly interjects between the two, before letting out a loud Roar at the queen bee and her goons. While it did scare off a few of the Combees, it proved to be quite useless as more Combees seem to have gathered around you and the girl as you soon caught up with Broly. The Vespiquen seemed angry at you for interrupting her assault against the girl and now was aiming at Broly as the Gem on her head shone and a Powerful ray of light hit the Growlithe, seemingly dealing heavy damage against him. Two Combees followed up her attack with a Bug Bite on your Growlithe as the two bees repeatedly bit your Growlithe at the areas where the Power Gem connected. Talk about adding insult to injury!

    Meanwhile, the girl calls out to you, “Are you here to help us out mister? Thank you so much!” the girl said in appreciation, “Rosa, can you still move? We have to help the Growlithe out! Let’s give him a Helping Hand!” the girl commanded her Minccino, who was apparently named Rosa, as a blue bolt of electricity came out of the Minccino and into Broly, the Growlithe powered up from help he got. He then started to gather some of his Fire energies and let out an Ember to hold off some of the Combee and even burning some of them, its power a bit stronger than usual thanks to the Helping Hand. Three combees however sneaked behind Rosa and proceeded to Bug Bite the poor Minccino all at once biting her repeatedly. Rosa then fainted from taking too much damage while fending the swarm off all by herself. “Oh no, Rosa!” the girl called out as she quickly cradled her Minccino. Your Growlithe could still fight, but do be wary that he took some heavy damage from the Power Gem earlier. These guys sure don’t play fair and they mean business. Disproportionate retribution much?

    What will you do now?

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    The Divine Woodland

    Diamond Lake

    Meetan - (Please provide a link to your team stats next time. Thanks! :D)

    Noticing that a Surskit may be in danger of being lunch for someone else, you and your Swinub help out the poor little bug as the Swinub used Odor Sleuth to lock on the Swellow. The Swinub points his nose upwards to attempt to smell the Swellow... unfortunately the bird seems to be too high up for him to smell. The Swellow continues to circle around the Surskit as it waits for the perfect opportunity to catch the Pond Skater, ignoring you and your Swinub in the process.Your Swinub then continues his attack by blowing an Icy Wind towards the Swellow which direct hits the bird and you see its motion interrupted as it felt the chilly wind from your Swinub. It then targets your Swinub as it swiftly goes down on the ground and direct striking your Swinub with an Aerial Ace before rising up in the sky. The Swinub didn’t even have a chande to recover from the attack however, as a round of Bubblebeam suddenly hits him as well as you turn around to see the attacker which turned out to be... the Surskit itself! It seems to be terrified of you as well! The Swellow seemed to have a glint on its eye as it noticed this and was thoroughly amused at the situation. You could try to talk to the Surskit that it’s on your side, but there’s no guarantee that it will listen to you...

    What will you do?

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Magus Falls

    Trainer Andy - Despite the fact that the Lillipup basically destroyed your map, you shrugged it off and decided to follow the puppy, leading you to... wherever it wants to lead you. You give chase to the Lillipup who was going at a ridiculously fast speed for a puppy as it made a lot of turns left and right, going through hollow logs, and sometimes even jumping over them. It looks like it’s leading you to somewhere, but it also looks like it’s just going around in circles. Just where is it taking you anyway?

    At some point, you lost sight of the Lillipup for a few moments while wandering around but you quickly found the little puppy who actually stopped to wait for you, as well as... an angry Simisear? This one looks like it just got up and you quickly gathered that it didn’t like to have its beauty sleep disturbed. Unfortunately for you, it mistook you as the one who woke him up and was now angry at you for doing that as it was now charging at you to hit you. The Lillipup, meanwhile, was waiting for you at the other end with a smile on its face, seeming not caring of the mess that it caused.

    What will you do?

    pengyzu - (Please provide a link to your team stats next time. Thanks! :D)

    While venturing to Magus Falls with Kara, your Ralts, you somehow got yourself hurt. Luckily for you, Kara was around to help you bandage up your wounds though you could have wished that he was a bit more gentle about it. With that little episode out of the way, you and your Ralts have decided to continue on your adventure as you proceed closer to the Magus Falls. As you arrive at the falls, you couldn’t help but feel in awe at the sight of the place. It was just as how you imagined the place to be. Feeling inspired by the sight, you and Kara decided to do some training. You look around to find someone to spar with and luckily for you, there seems to be a trainer with a Spinda near her. The red-haired trainer seems to be training her Spinda some kind of move as the Spot Panda Pokemon’s fist starts to glow multicolored, but then the glow quickly fades away before the Spinda could even punch. “Not again... don’t worry Patchy, I’m sure you’ll be able to master it eventually! ...oh?” she said as she noticed you and approached you with her Spinda in tow, “I didn’t notice you there! You’re a Trainer right? This is a bit sudden, but can you help me and my Spinda out? I’ve been trying to help him master Dizzy Punch, but for some reason, he can’t seem to do it right...” the girl said disappointedly, “What I’m trying to say is, can we battle with you? I think an actual battle’s just what he needs. I’d do it myself, but I don’t have any other Pokemon with me... I’m Cleo by the way.” the girl said to you. You were looking for someone to train, and with Cleo looking for someone else to help with her own training, it seems like this is a perfect opportunity to you.

    What will you do?

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    The Mystic Jungle

    Treecko’s Awesomeness - (You didn’t specify which area in the Mystic Jungle you went to, so I’ve picked an area for you :D)

    Eager to look for new Pokemon on your adventure to the forest, you and your Treecko head into the Mystic Jungle. Heading to where less people are, you and Treecko continued on as you gaze on the beauty of the jungle and keeping an eye on any Grass-types you may see. Your trip to the forest is interrupted however, you and your Treecko come face-to-face with a Hypno who suddenly appears in front of you immediately pulls out a Hypnosis on you. The two of you try to avoid it but you see that a Musharna suddenly appears behind using the same move on you two. You and Nav fail to avoid the double Hypnosis attack and you two dropped on the ground like dead flies and fell asleep. As you slept, you couldn’t help but feel that someone or something drag you somewhere as whoever was carrying you right now was leading you to...

    ???????????????

    You wake up from your unexpected slumber as you look at your surroundings. It’s now night time and you can’t help but feel that you’re in a different part of the jungle now, though you feel sure that you’re still in Astoria. You then notice that your Treecko is missing! You frantically search for your Treecko but unfortunately, you find no trace of your Wood Gecko Pokemon. The same person who carried you must have taken the Treecko with him, the thief! Thankfully you’re not totally defenseless as your assailant somehow missed the lone Pokeball on your waist where your Cacnea is. You look around for a way out of the jungle as you see two paths: one to your left, and one to your right. You think as to which path to take as you search for your Treecko.

    What will you do?

    (At this point, you cannot use any of your Pokemon other than your Cacnea for now. Don’t think you can get outside help either, as whatever Pokemon you may get outside of my updates will not be allowed to be used here at all until I say so. Good luck!)
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 30th June 2012 at 5:45 PM.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #05

    Welcome aboard OkikuMew and allishinca! I'm sorry you both had to wait to begin, so I hope you have a great time. You both did this, but I just want to remind you to keep a link to your profiles in either your replies or in your signature. I'll be capping myself for now as well.

    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: Coming to the aid of an injured boy, you find that the cause for the injury is a Qwilfish. This Balloon Pokemon, angry for being awakened, attacks you with its Poison Sting. Luckily, Zoomer, being quick to react, is able to reach you and Teleport you all to safety. When you reappear you look around to see the quills embed themselves into a post that was near the path. You also see that you and the little boy are sufficiently far enough away from the reach of any of Qwilfish's attacks. With some quick thinking you lay your backpack on the ground and put the boy's injured leg on it not only to keep it out of the sand but to keep it elevated.

    The Qwilfish doesn't appear to be swimming off any time soon, so you have Zoomer retaliate. "Zoomer, shoot a confuse ray at the Spikefish," you begin your orders.

    "Ralts," Zoomer shakes his head and sighs. The pink horn on Zoomer's head glows and fires an eerie ray at the Balloon Pokemon. It bathes the Qwilfish in its sinister light, causing it to appear off somehow.

    "Mister?" you hear the little boy call to you. You turn around to him. "I think that's called 'Qwilfish,'" he continues.

    You turn your attention back to the battle just in time to see Qwilfish surrounding itself in water and lunging forward. The aquatic bullet, that is Qwilfish, veers off course and jets itself to somewhere that isn't Zoomer where it collides with the same post studded with the Poison Sting from earlier. The force of this collision shatters the post, and the Qwilfish lands in some shrubbery behind the former post. The confused Qwilfish drunkingly hobbles and rolls out of the shrubbery onto the beach.

    You take this opportunity to continue your attacking. "Use metronome!" Zoomer concentrates and waves its hands in unison. As they both wave, they begin to give off a faint grey glow. A rock appears floating in front of Zoomer. He takes the rock and throws it at Qwilfish. The rock smashes into Qwilfish knocking it back roughly a foot not causing much damage at all.

    "Wow!" the boy exclaims. "Your Ralts can use Metronome? That's so neat!" You turn to look at the boy, and it seems the battle is allowing him to forget, somewhat, about his injury.

    The Qwilfish gets back up, still tottering about. It begins to attack again, this time giving a few short hops before propelling forward hoping to tackle you, or something else.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    Charminions: With your new mission taking shape, you and Viola prepare to depart from the cave to find some rare Hoennese berries for her sick Donphan. A last moment groan of pain reminds her that she probably should tend to Trunphan. Instead she proposes a deal with you to have Pigkey travel with you temporarily, and for the time being, you leave one of your Pokémon with her.

    You mull this decision over, although with only two Pokémon with you at the present time, you know the answer right away. You let your Combusken out of his Pokeball and explain the situation to him. Happy to help you out, he stands tall and salutes you.

    “Thank you so much Charm,” Viola says half smiling. “I can see Apollo means a great deal to you, so this mustn’t be easy. Please be assured that I shall treat him with the utmost respect. Pigkey has my wishes to obey you. She is ready to go.”

    As you finish your preparations, you look to Pigkey and Osage, and the three of you depart. Pigkey sniffs the air for a moment turning her body slowly in increments as she tests the air for the berries. When she settles on the direction, she looks at you signaling to follow, “Man, mankey man,” she says as she begins walking. With Osage following her, you deduce that you should too.

    Pigkey takes you back into the wooded area you chased her through before. As she walks, she continually sniffs the air to make sure the scent doesn’t fade away. Along the way you spot various goings-on. You see a Pidgeotto and a Tranquill playing chase in a tree. Later you spot some Deerling with a Sawsbuck either drinking from a brook or grazing on some grass.

    Your attention is turned back to Pigkey, as she appears to have trouble keeping the scent. Her nose furiously pokes at the air for a scent. In her frustration she jumps into a tree, where she’s finally able to get a scent. She continues to walk, in the same direction, hopping from branch to branch with you and Osage following on the ground.

    Along the way you spot some bushes to your left. As you pass by them, you hear some rustling, quickly followed by something jumping from them and crashing into Osage. A better look at the creature shows it’s small and blue with spots, big ears, and whiskers. The Nidoran (F) gets back on her feet. She looks at you, angry for getting in her way, begins to growl at you revealing her two front teeth. The Poison Pin Pokémon lowers her head now and fires a dart at Osage hoping to sting him with her poison.

    You look up to a nearby tree for Pigkey to ask her to stop for a moment, but you notice she is missing.

    First things first; you have and angry Nidoran (F) to deal with. Perhaps Pigkey got a little ahead of you and didn’t hear the commotion. What will you do?

    --------------------------------------------------------


    Myahoo: As you sit on the rock waiting out the storm, you get a little impatient with the loneliness that came with sending Wildfire further into the cave to investigate some chirping. You briefly notice that the wind has picked up out there, but you are interrupted by a noise made from in the cave. Hoping for the best, you call out to the source to find out that Wildfire was indeed returning to you.

    After the brief reunion, you ask Wildfire what he saw. Like a game of Charades, he acts out what he saw; telling you that further in the cave there’s a trainer, a bird, and another Pokémon. With that information, you decide that the trainer is battling one of the Pokémon with one of the others. You think it best not to involve yourself.

    You turn to the entrance of the cave again to continue watching the storm. You see some leaves riding the wind, swirling about sometimes. With Wildfire sitting on your lap, everything seems quite serene. All of a sudden the wind picks up. The few leaves you see now just glide on the air current without any of the peaceful swirling from before. You hear a lot of cooing from outside of the cave, as the wind seems to have picked up some tiny grey birds and thrown them around.

    The wind carries the Pidove by the mouth of the cave, and in a panic, they fly into the cave. As they fly by you, you can see that seem young and that they are scared, confused, or maybe both; and they continue to fly deeper in the cave. You begin to hear echoes coming from the cave. Even though you know the Pidove flew further in the cave, the echoes appear to be getting louder. You recognize these echoed voices as all three of the Pidove; each of their cries bouncing off the walls and each other.

    Wildfire buries his head in his arms trying to drown out the sound, and you cover your ears as well. After what seemed like hours of the crying, the Pidove suddenly go quiet. You look around the cave, and fortunately the attacks from the Tiny Pigeon Pokémon didn’t cause any damage to the cave or Wildfire. You see the branch that you once used as a crutch propped up against the wall. Wildfire looks at you, and he seems concerned about why the noise stopped so abruptly. You look outside, and the wind is still howling fiercely.

    What will you?

    ------------------------------------------------------


    OkikuMew: You and your Poochyena take your first adventure in the appropriately named Adventure Path. It was the best place to escape the suburbs of where you came from. You take in the fresh air, chirping of birds here and there, the majesty of Eyrie Peak. While you admire the mountain, you see a flock of light brown birds fly by. Some are larger, and they have large red crowns on their heads. The Pidgey and Pidgeotto fly towards the Peak, no doubt heading to their nests. You nod at Max, coming to the conclusion that you chose the right place to have your first adventure. Naturally as a beginning trainer, you aim to catch a new Pokemon.

    As you walk along your chosen path, you enter a more wooded area. The trees block your view of the clear blue sky, but at least the shade they provide cool you off. Along the way you find various cocoon Pokemon sporadically laying about in the trees, just waiting for when the time to evolve comes. As you admire the whiteness of a Silcoon, you almost walk into a rather large Kakuna attached to an even larger tree. Max warns you just in time, as bumping into a Kakuna would be a bad idea since if Kakuna is there, a Beedrill is sure to be nearby. You turn away, and you see some Metapod and Cascoon high up on some branches.

    In the distance you find what looks like a crudely made cabin. You begin to walk towards it hoping to get some directions to where you can find a particular Pokemon. The cover of the trees begins to get more dense, which causes more of the area to be covered in shade. The shade doesn't get too dark; your visibility. All of a sudden you hear a man's voice sternly yelling, "Scyther, use cut now!" A Scyther jumps out from behind a tree with its claw raised focused and ready to strike.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Forgotten Ruins~

    allishinca: You wade through the dense foilage of the jungle in search of the fabled Forgotten Ruins. In your arms is your Sableye Pluto, asleep or at the very least, in a trance. As your trek continues, you notice the large megaliths that would normally signify some ancient ruins. Just in case, you decide to check your map. You stop walking for a moment, and put Pluto on the ground to take your map out to study. Pluto snaps out of his trance and immediately gets his bearings. After fixing the map for you and showing exactly where you both were, he began to feel an eerie aura from the immediate area.

    With the realization that you've arrived at the ruins you prepare to enter them in search of some wonderful treasures, but some noise in a nearby bush startles you enough that you rush to Pluto and squeeze him hard. Seeing that the shrubbery produces nothing you let go of the Darkness Pokemon, and he gasps a little for some air. You beckon to Pluto to start the exploration of the Ruins. You grab Pluto into your arms once more, and before he can voice his apprehension, he falls back into his trance.

    The part of the ruins you visit show signs of being a once great civilization. The wall that surrounds the place definitely looks aged, from the broken portions in the wall to the all of the vines that have snaked their way around. The ground, once lined out with a stone walkway, is now overgrown with weeds growing through the spaces between the paver stones. Following the walkway, it leads you to an opening in the wall, the entrance to the ruins. You can see that at one time an arch in the opening welcomed newcomers to the city. You explore cautiously hoping not to run into any of the aliens who allegedly guard these ruins.

    As you walk through the archway you see many buildings in varying sizes, all in different stages of decay, surrounding what seems to be a central road. The city itself seemed eerily quiet. You look around, peeking in a few of the buildings. One of them appears to be a house according to the remnants of a table made of stone in one room, and in another room, you see a big slab of stone with a basin carved out. You come to the conclusion that it must have once been a bed, and its owner slept on leaves and furs. Another of the buildings you visit is missing one of its walls. Against the opposite wall, also falling apart, you see a fireplace complete with a chimney.

    You look around once more, and there are still no signs of life. Looking around, you spot what appears to be a temple that goes into a mountain to your right, and on your left you see a small stadium also in a state of ruin. What's left of the walls surrounding the stadium is completely overgrown with vines and other vegetation, although you can see there's an entrance to it. So your adventure in the Forgotten Ruins begins, and without much going on in town, you have two choices of where to go next.

    Which will you choose?

    ----------------------------------------------------------

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: As you watch your EleSquirrel mindlessly following the sly Surskit, you decide you should keep up with the pair. As you enter the tunnel hot on Volts' trail, you wonder if this is part of a larger plan. It doesn't get much darker in the tunnel, because up ahead you could swear that you see some light. You keep following, and the light gets brighter.

    You can start to make out some scenery ahead. You see what appears to be another cave entrance on the other side of a naturally formed bridge of rock. Behind the cave entrance in the distance you can see trees, and the fact that they are not tree tops tells you that you've been descending the mountain as you had planned. The Surskit exits the first cave and scurries quickly into the second cave. You watch Volts exit the cave next, and the light must have blinded him a little because his gait becomes tottery. At one point he wanders very close to the edge of the bridge. You rush over to try to save him, but at the last minute he teeters off in the other direction. You, too, come quite close to falling off of the bridge because of this. Once you regain your footing you make a quick scan of your surroundings, which shows that to your right is the mountain curving inwards. Looking down, you see a river coming out of the mountain, going under the bridge, and through to the other side. You also see, to your left, more trees. You are definitely almost to ground level now, but jumping from the bridge would still prove painful.

    You look back at Volts, who has now entered the second cave. You continue to follow Volts, who is still entranced. The tunnel, as in the previous ones, slopes downward still. The ground isn't too wet, so you are able to catch up with Volts with little difficulty. Up ahead you see another dimly lit cavern, similar to the one you met the Surskit in. You can make out that this cavern isn't as open as the other one, seeing some rocks peeking out from the floor.

    Volts enters the cavern first, and before you can even do anything, he is met by a flurry of bubbles compressed together like a beam. The force and surprise from the Bubblebeam attack knocks Volts to his side, but the silver lining to the attack is that it also snapped Volts out of his trance. Seeing the bubbles come out of nowhere, you quickly enter the cavern. You see Volts getting back on his feet, wondering where the rocks coming out of the ground came from. You see the Surskit skating on a smaller underground lake looking quite pleased with itself for its ambush of bubbles. Seeing you in the cavern, Surskit jumps off the pond spinning its body. This summons water from the lake to surround the Pond Skater as it speeds towards Volts an aquatic jet. This Surskit looks determined this time.

    What will you do?

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: As you watch your EleSquirrel mindlessly following the sly Surskit, you decide you should keep up with the pair. As you enter the tunnel hot on Volts' trail, you wonder if this is part of a larger plan. It doesn't get much darker in the tunnel, because up ahead you could swear that you see some light. You keep following, and the light gets brighter.

    You can start to make out some scenery ahead. You see what appears to be another cave entrance on the other side of a naturally formed bridge of rock. Behind the cave entrance in the distance you can see trees, and the fact that they are not tree tops tells you that you've been descending the mountain as you had planned. The Surskit exits the first cave and scurries quickly into the second cave. You watch Volts exit the cave next, and the light must have blinded him a little because his gait becomes tottery. At one point he wanders very close to the edge of the bridge. You rush over to try to save him, but at the last minute he teeters off in the other direction. You, too, come quite close to falling off of the bridge because of this. Once you regain your footing you make a quick scan of your surroundings, which shows that to your right is the mountain curving inwards. Looking down, you see a river coming out of the mountain, going under the bridge, and through to the other side. You also see, to your left, more trees. You are definitely almost to ground level now, but jumping from the bridge would still prove painful.

    You look back at Volts, who has now entered the second cave. You continue to follow Volts, who is still entranced. The tunnel, as in the previous ones, slopes downward still. The ground isn't too wet, so you are able to catch up with Volts with little difficulty. Up ahead you see another dimly lit cavern, similar to the one you met the Surskit in. You can make out that this cavern isn't as open as the other one, seeing some rocks peeking out from the floor.

    Volts enters the cavern first, and before you can even do anything, he is met by a flurry of bubbles compressed together like a beam. The force and surprise from the Bubblebeam attack knocks Volts to his side, but the silver lining to the attack is that it also snapped Volts out of his trance. Seeing the bubbles come out of nowhere, you quickly enter the cavern. You see Volts getting back on his feet, wondering where the rocks coming out of the ground came from. You see the Surskit skating on a smaller underground lake looking quite pleased with itself for its ambush of bubbles. Seeing you in the cavern, Surskit jumps off the pond spinning its body. This summons water from the lake to surround the Pond Skater as it speeds towards Volts an aquatic jet. This Surskit looks determined this time.

    What will you do?

    "Geez, first I nearly plummet to my possible death and now this. I knew you were up to something!" Myrrh shouted at the Surskit as it seemingly taunted them by skating along the pond. But as it caught sight of Myrrh it seemed to get serious as it prepared to attack with it's Aqua Jet Myrrh didn't have much time to act.

    "Hey Volts, you all right there? We aren't in the same cave anymore, but that doesn't matter, we still need to take care of this thing. Surskit is gonna come at you fast, so I want you to try and Charm it with your naturally cute looks to lower its attack. You are probably going to take the hit, so try to knock it back with an Iron Tail before you two separate from the collision. Finally, if you can find an opening try to hit it with that Gunk Shot that you never got to use. Go for it!"

    (Those rocks I noticed, are they stones or like little stalagmites? Can't really tell from here.....No way they could be Stealth Rocks....) Wondered Myrrh as he saw the two little pokemon begin to go at it again. (Volts noticed them too when he snapped out of it. Did he just think we were still back there and were surprised by them, or did he notice something I didn't? I'm probably just looking too much into this...)



  6. #106
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    YAY, I FINALLY POSTED~ 8D

    Ahem. Anywhoo folks, sorry to keep you guys waiting. As you all know I’m the third and the slowest updator in Astoria and I welcome seven of you folks. If you’re not on my list, then I’m afraid I’m not taking you right now as I’m capping myself. I may take one or two more later on though If I can handle it, we’ll see. I also apologize for any grammar errors and if my wording may seem awkward at times. Enough with the chitchat, let’s get down to business!

    The Island

    Island Ports

    Dark Searchman - Having arrived at Astoria on your very first adventure, you were very eager to open your backpack that your father gave you. After looking through the items he gave you and got yourself acquainted with Sera, your Ralts, you head out to start on your first adventure. With so many places you could go in Astoria and so many things to do, you wonder where exactly you should start adventuring. Should you go look for wild Pokemon? Should you try to find some trainers to battle? Or should you just enjoy the scenery around you? The possibilities are endless as you think of what to do, so much so that you accidentally bumped into a woman.

    “Oh, sorry,” the red-haired woman clad in blue had said to you as she had continued her walk though she stopped again for a few seconds. A closer look at her tells you that the woman looks to be about on her late twenties. “Hmm, this little boy just might do...” she said to herself before turning back to you, “Excuse me, can I ask you a favor?” she says to you. Asking a stranger to do a favor may seem strange but hey, maybe accepting her request isn’t so bad.

    What will you do?
    {Yosh! Thank you so much for starting this adventure! Hopefully you can make it a good one, since I plan on adventuring here for a LONG time. }

    Hyrem had no idea where to start with his adventure. All he got from Sera was a shrug and an indifferent green color. Well that didn't help him. Maybe there would be some wild Pokemon here in town that he could battle and possibly capture. Yeah, one of those streetwise Pokemon out there, that'd be cool. Then again, why limit your battling possibilities to just wild Pokemon? Battling another trainer would be a lot of fun too, plus it'd provide valuable experience for Sera, whether she won or lost. Or they could just take a relaxing tour through the town and enjoy the sights and sounds of the port. All of these were great ideas, but what to do fir-

    "Oof! Sorry!" said Hyrem quickly as he bumped into a woman that looked like she'd be in her late twenties who said "Oh, sorry," at about the same time he did. He then noticed her stop and look at him for a second. "Hmm, this little boy just might do..." he overheard her say to herself. "Excuse me, can I ask you a favor?" she asked.

    "Oh, um, sure, what can I help you with?" he replied. He wasn't sure why a total stranger would ask for a favor from him, but this favor may prove to be the option to take in a sea of indifference.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Magus Falls

    Trainer Andy - Despite the fact that the Lillipup basically destroyed your map, you shrugged it off and decided to follow the puppy, leading you to... wherever it wants to lead you. You give chase to the Lillipup who was going at a ridiculously fast speed for a puppy as it made a lot of turns left and right, going through hollow logs, and sometimes even jumping over them. It looks like it’s leading you to somewhere, but it also looks like it’s just going around in circles. Just where is it taking you anyway?

    At some point, you lost sight of the Lillipup for a few moments while wandering around but you quickly found the little puppy who actually stopped to wait for you, as well as... an angry Simisear? This one looks like it just got up and you quickly gathered that it didn’t like to have its beauty sleep disturbed. Unfortunately for you, it mistook you as the one who woke him up and was now angry at you for doing that as it was now charging at you to hit you. The Lillipup, meanwhile, was waiting for you at the other end with a smile on its face, seeming not caring of the mess that it caused.

    What will you do?


    As Andy followed the Lillipup, he couldn't help but wonder if he'd made then right decision. Sure, the puppy Pokemon was cute and all, but he was leading him somewhere he'd never been before, with no map to be able to find his way back. Either way, every time the Lillipup looked back and gave a cute little yap that clearly said "Follow me" Andy forgot his suspicions for a while and picked up his pace to keep up.

    It wasn't till they rounded a bend in the trees and the Lillipup was nowhere to be found did Andy's doubts resurfaced, he frantically searched the area, trying to find something to lead him in the right direction. Luckily he spotted the Lillipup not too far away, waiting between some trees. Andy breathed a sigh of relief, although the sigh quickly caught in his throat as he spotted something else. A large, flame red monkey was advancing on him, with a look of irritation and displeasure etched on it primate features.
    He cast a glance back to Lillipup, who seemed to be unaware as to the situation unfolding, and Andy couldn't help but wonder if it had some part to play in all this.

    "Look, i'm sorry if me and my little friend over there disturbed you," Andy called over to the angry monkey, who was getting closer by the second, "I promise we had no intention to trespass if this is your territory. If you'd please just let us pass, I promise we won't be of any more trouble to you."

    Andy felt his hand lower to his belt, where his Pokeballs were attached. He gripped one, ready to fight his way out if the situation called for it, although he secretly hoped this was a monkey who would listen to reason.

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Charminions: With your new mission taking shape, you and Viola prepare to depart from the cave to find some rare Hoennese berries for her sick Donphan. A last moment groan of pain reminds her that she probably should tend to Trunphan. Instead she proposes a deal with you to have Pigkey travel with you temporarily, and for the time being, you leave one of your Pokémon with her.

    You mull this decision over, although with only two Pokémon with you at the present time, you know the answer right away. You let your Combusken out of his Pokeball and explain the situation to him. Happy to help you out, he stands tall and salutes you.

    “Thank you so much Charm,” Viola says half smiling. “I can see Apollo means a great deal to you, so this mustn’t be easy. Please be assured that I shall treat him with the utmost respect. Pigkey has my wishes to obey you. She is ready to go.”

    As you finish your preparations, you look to Pigkey and Osage, and the three of you depart. Pigkey sniffs the air for a moment turning her body slowly in increments as she tests the air for the berries. When she settles on the direction, she looks at you signaling to follow, “Man, mankey man,” she says as she begins walking. With Osage following her, you deduce that you should too.

    Pigkey takes you back into the wooded area you chased her through before. As she walks, she continually sniffs the air to make sure the scent doesn’t fade away. Along the way you spot various goings-on. You see a Pidgeotto and a Tranquill playing chase in a tree. Later you spot some Deerling with a Sawsbuck either drinking from a brook or grazing on some grass.

    Your attention is turned back to Pigkey, as she appears to have trouble keeping the scent. Her nose furiously pokes at the air for a scent. In her frustration she jumps into a tree, where she’s finally able to get a scent. She continues to walk, in the same direction, hopping from branch to branch with you and Osage following on the ground.

    Along the way you spot some bushes to your left. As you pass by them, you hear some rustling, quickly followed by something jumping from them and crashing into Osage. A better look at the creature shows it’s small and blue with spots, big ears, and whiskers. The Nidoran (F) gets back on her feet. She looks at you, angry for getting in her way, begins to growl at you revealing her two front teeth. The Poison Pin Pokémon lowers her head now and fires a dart at Osage hoping to sting him with her poison.

    You look up to a nearby tree for Pigkey to ask her to stop for a moment, but you notice she is missing.

    First things first; you have and angry Nidoran (F) to deal with. Perhaps Pigkey got a little ahead of you and didn’t hear the commotion. What will you do?
    “Thank you so much Charm,” Viola smiles. “I can see Apollo means a great deal to you, so this mustn’t be easy. Please be assured that I shall treat him with the utmost respect. Pigkey has my wishes to obey you. She is ready to go.”

    "No problem," Charm replies. "Apollo, remember to be alert and protect those two." "Com-busken," Apollo nods. Charm, Osage, and Pigkey then prepare to set off and do just that with Pigkey sniffing the area to figure out where the berry is. “Man, mankey man,” she settles on a direction and signals to Charm then begins walking. Osage and Charm follow the Mankey to the forest-y area where they were previously chasing Pigkey. The pig monkey continuously sniffs the area to make sure they're on track while Charm looks around. He notices a Tranquill and Pidgeotto playing tag and some Deerling and Sawsbuck grazing some grass.

    Charm then notices Pigkey's sniffing intensifying as she tries to sniff out the berry and jumps onto a tree in frustration to sense the scent. "Woah, that happened out of no where," Charm said, suprised at the sudden jump. But Pigkey merely continued moving from branch to branch while Charm and Osage try to continue following her. They are soon stopped, however. A wild Nidoran (F) pops out of a bush and slams into Osage. The Nidoran looks angry at them for standing in the way and gives a Growl to show her anger. The little poison Pokemon isn't done yet, though. She fires a purple dot out of her horn to sting Osage. Looking up at the trees, Charm notices that Pigkey has probably gone ahead because she's no where in sight.

    "Damnit. Osage, I really need you to listen to me at this moment. We can't let Pigkey get too ahead or we would never be able to find her. Give that Nidoran (F) a Fake Out to flinch her. Then we'll run with all our might and try to catch up with Pigkey. If the Nidoran is trying to follow us, screw her up with a Screech then continue running." Osage realizes the urgency of the situation and gives a serious face. He decides to follow Charm's commands, atleast for now, and charges at the Nidoran while preparing his Fake Out attack.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #5.5

    Had some free time today to type up both of your updates for being so quick with your replies!

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    Charminions: What an inopportune time for your focus to be split! Between the attacking Poison Pin Pokemon and Pigkey's disappearance, you have your work cut out for you. To buy yourself some time, you have Osage charge in speedily to attack, but at the last second, he fakes the Nidoran out by just clapping his claws. This effectively startles the Nidoran from her executing her next attack.

    Seeing your chance to escape you both begin to run in the same direction you were just heading hoping to find Pigkey. Nidoran, not having any of this, begins to follow. Checking back, Osage catches her chasing you, and he begins screaming incredibly loudly. The force of the yelling, not stops Nidoran in her tracks, but it startles you as you had never heard a screech so loud before. You stop running to collect your bearings. Now that you've collected your thoughts and complimented Osage on his attack, you start running again.

    Still not wanting to let go of her mark, Nidoran fires some spikes from her toxic mouth which land all around you two. Unfortunately for you both, you each step on one. The spike stabs Osage's foot, and immediately its poison spreads throughout his body, slowly draining his health. You, on the other hand, aren't hurt or poisoned since you are wearing footwear. The feeling of stepping on the spike, though, trips you up a little. With a running leap, Nidoran slams onto Osage with her entire body, and the force of the attack knocks Osage back.

    Nidoran turns around, and just as she prepares to use another attack, a rock smacks down on her from a tree. You look around frantically for your savior. Finally you see Pigkey returning holding a curious pink heart-shaped berry in her hands. Perhaps she saw the Nidoran attack you and ran off to find a Pecha Berry, just in case. What will you do?


    --------------------------------------------------------

    I don't know if your last paragraph was your way of asking me those questions or what not, but it's not Stealth Rock. It was one way of differentiating the two caverns. Also it'll allow for a difference in battle strategies.


    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: After falling into Surskit's trap, you and Volts realize that it means business. Snapped out of the effects of Sweet Scent, Volts takes in his new surroundings and resumes the battle by your orders.

    The rock formations on the cavern floor your vision and Volts' vision, but with the home field advantage, Surskit knows the layout well. These rocks do not stop the Pond Skater from attacking with its Aqua Jet. Thinking quickly you have Volts use his charm to lower its attack power. Volts stares at the lunging Surskit hopefully; blinking his big and wide black eyes tilting his head to the side looking downright adorable. Surskit sees Volts' charm, and naturally slows itself down somewhat. While it still collides with Volts, Surskit was extra careful not to damage the adorable EleSquirrel too much; the extra water, though, douses Volts. Any remaining mud in his eyes is washed away.

    Seeing this as a prime opportunity to strike, Volts stiffens his tail to become as hard as iron. As the Surskit lands its attack on Volts, Volts is able to swing its tail around slamming into Surskit's body. Surskit, acting equally quickly, bites Volts' tail, nibbling furiously as any bug would do. Riding on the Pachirisu's tail, Surskit leaps off and flies through the air. It lands on the ground and takes cover behind a rock, not too far from the pond.

    Surskit scurries away from its rock cover, and with your opening, Volts begins to form a toxic bag of gunk in his hands. When satisfied with its size, Volts shoots the bag at Surskit. Unfortunately for Volts, the window of opportunity to hit Surskit wasn't very big as Surskit takes cover behind another rock and immediately runs to the pond unseen by either of you. The Gunk Shot, however, crashes onto the surface of the water, which causes some big waves. The waves throw the Surskit across the room, and it slams on a rock.

    Surskit takes a moment to stand up, but it does. It looks around scanning the room for Volts, and it spots Volts' tail protruding from behind a rock. It jumps in the air and begins spinning its legs. This causes some star-shaped rays to swiftly fly towards Volts, dive bombing him. Surskit jumps off the rock and quickly scurries behind another rock, but which one?

    What will you do?

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    821

    Default Uhhhhhpdate Number 2!

    Whew! Had enough time to make two quick updates. Enjoy you two!

    The Island

    Island Ports

    Dark Searchman - Despite her being a total stranger to you, you decided to help out in whatever favor she wanted you to do. The woman nodded at you and smiled, “Right, can you hold on to this just for a little while? Thanks,” she said as she handed out a small package that’s at size of her hand and wrapped in blue cloth. You take it from her and was shocked to find out how heavy the package actually is as you almost dropped the thing from the ground, “That box is heavy and fragile, do be careful with it,” as the woman said this you can’t help but wonder what’s in the package that be so small and yet so heavy at the same time, “Don’t open it either,” she added as if she read your mind.

    She then looked behind you and smirked. What was she staring at? You turn around to see two police officers who seemed to be going to your direction, ”Hey you two, stop!” “Dammit, she has accomplices?!” you overhear them say. Not good. “I suggest you run, we’ll meet up later,” You turn back to the woman demanding an explanation but the woman suddenly disappeared! You were left on your own to deal with the police officers, one of them was already clutching a pokeball in his hand should you resist arrest.

    What will you do?

    ==================================================

    The Divine Woodland

    Magus Falls

    Trainer Andy - Trying to ease the angry fire monkey, you quickly apologize for the Lillipup’s behavior and tells it that you didn’t mean any harm and asked for permission to just let them pass. The Simisear stopped approaching you for a moment staring at you for a long, long while. You gulped as you feel nervous, not sure of what the Simisear will do next even though it stopped. Surely this must be a good sign right? This monkey could listen to reason right?

    Wrong. You are very, very wrong.

    The monkey let out a loud and deafening screech before charging at you once more, this time faster than before. The Simisear was also clenching its fists as fire beings to emerge from its fists, intending to use a Fire Punch against you! Meanwhile, the Lillipup sat down, as it watched you about to be beaten up badly by the monkey, letting out a cute little yip in the process with a smile on its face. You’re gonna have to think fast you risk being punched and burned!

    What will you do?

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post

    I don't know if your last paragraph was your way of asking me those questions or what not, but it's not Stealth Rock. It was one way of differentiating the two caverns. Also it'll allow for a difference in battle strategies.


    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: After falling into Surskit's trap, you and Volts realize that it means business. Snapped out of the effects of Sweet Scent, Volts takes in his new surroundings and resumes the battle by your orders.

    The rock formations on the cavern floor your vision and Volts' vision, but with the home field advantage, Surskit knows the layout well. These rocks do not stop the Pond Skater from attacking with its Aqua Jet. Thinking quickly you have Volts use his charm to lower its attack power. Volts stares at the lunging Surskit hopefully; blinking his big and wide black eyes tilting his head to the side looking downright adorable. Surskit sees Volts' charm, and naturally slows itself down somewhat. While it still collides with Volts, Surskit was extra careful not to damage the adorable EleSquirrel too much; the extra water, though, douses Volts. Any remaining mud in his eyes is washed away.

    Seeing this as a prime opportunity to strike, Volts stiffens his tail to become as hard as iron. As the Surskit lands its attack on Volts, Volts is able to swing its tail around slamming into Surskit's body. Surskit, acting equally quickly, bites Volts' tail, nibbling furiously as any bug would do. Riding on the Pachirisu's tail, Surskit leaps off and flies through the air. It lands on the ground and takes cover behind a rock, not too far from the pond.

    Surskit scurries away from its rock cover, and with your opening, Volts begins to form a toxic bag of gunk in his hands. When satisfied with its size, Volts shoots the bag at Surskit. Unfortunately for Volts, the window of opportunity to hit Surskit wasn't very big as Surskit takes cover behind another rock and immediately runs to the pond unseen by either of you. The Gunk Shot, however, crashes onto the surface of the water, which causes some big waves. The waves throw the Surskit across the room, and it slams on a rock.

    Surskit takes a moment to stand up, but it does. It looks around scanning the room for Volts, and it spots Volts' tail protruding from behind a rock. It jumps in the air and begins spinning its legs. This causes some star-shaped rays to swiftly fly towards Volts, dive bombing him. Surskit jumps off the rock and quickly scurries behind another rock, but which one?

    What will you do?
    There was some confusion on my part. I was wondering why you mentioned the rocks twice like that. I imagined them as being small stalagmites going no further up than my knees or something like that, so I was like "are the rocks something else/significant or....?". I didn't realize they were as large as you made them out to be in this update, or maybe they are just big enough for small-ish pokemon like Pachirisu and Surskit to use. The stuff in Parenthesis was basically Myrrh thinking, and since he is pretty much me he can be a bit of an idiot sometimes. Next time I'll ask you to clarify things for me. Oh look, I'm rambling >.>

    Myrrh was somewhat at a distance from where the action was taking place. He was able to see Volts Charm his opponent and then the blows that they exchanged afterwards. His eyes were still adjusting from glare that also hit Volts earlier, so he nearly ran into some rocks as he was trying to get closer to the action. He felt like an idiot. "Oh, these aren't so tiny......Hey Volts! You can...

    Volts already had the right idea, as did the Surskit. They were using the rocks as cover. After both pokemon sent attacks at the other Myrrh saw that they were in a bind again. He didn't get a chance to see which rock the Surskit hid behind after launching it's Swift attack at Volts.

    "Ugh, now the little bugger's hiding. If only you knew an electric type attack, things might have been different....Anyway, Volts, try to break some of those rocks from a distance with your Gunk Shot so that you can avoid a surprise attack from it easier. If that doesn't work then you'll have to try and get in close with your Iron Tail to get the job done. Try to break as many of those stones as you can, and of course try to get a hit in on it as well. You must be getting tired, but so is he. Got all that? Now go!



  12. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,070

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Whew! Had enough time to make two quick updates. Enjoy you two!

    The Island

    Island Ports

    Dark Searchman - Despite her being a total stranger to you, you decided to help out in whatever favor she wanted you to do. The woman nodded at you and smiled, “Right, can you hold on to this just for a little while? Thanks,” she said as she handed out a small package that’s at size of her hand and wrapped in blue cloth. You take it from her and was shocked to find out how heavy the package actually is as you almost dropped the thing from the ground, “That box is heavy and fragile, do be careful with it,” as the woman said this you can’t help but wonder what’s in the package that be so small and yet so heavy at the same time, “Don’t open it either,” she added as if she read your mind.

    She then looked behind you and smirked. What was she staring at? You turn around to see two police officers who seemed to be going to your direction, ”Hey you two, stop!” “Dammit, she has accomplices?!” you overhear them say. Not good. “I suggest you run, we’ll meet up later,” You turn back to the woman demanding an explanation but the woman suddenly disappeared! You were left on your own to deal with the police officers, one of them was already clutching a pokeball in his hand should you resist arrest.

    What will you do?
    {Darrrrrnit, I hate RPs where I get in trouble with the police! >_<}

    Hyrem figured this "favor" he was asked of by a red-haired woman in blue would be harmless enough to help her out with, but as she said, “Right, can you hold on to this just for a little while? Thanks,” alarm bells started ringing in Sera's mind as her trainer was handed a small package wrapped in blue cloth and was astonished at the weight to the package.

    "Whoa!" he said as he almost dropped it, to which the woman responded, “That box is heavy and fragile, do be careful with it.”

    What could be in this little, tiny box that'd make it so heavy? he thought to himself as he also took in the bright red color that Sera was sending to him as a warning. "Don't open it either," she added, as though she could sense his curiosity. Now he knew something was up.

    Suddenly, she looked over him and smiled. "Wait, wha-?" he asked as he turned around. Two police officers were running straight for them yelling, "Hey you two, stop!" He also overheard, "Dammit, she has accomplices?!"

    "Wait, accompli-!?" Hyrem said in surprise.

    "I suggest you run, we'll meet up later," he heard the woman say.

    "Hey, wait, what's going on!?" he yelled as he turned around to face the woman, but she was already gone! Now he was all alone with two police officers heading towards him, one of them ready with a Pokeball, preparing for him to run somewhere. But he was taught better by his parents, and he wasn't about to do what the suspicious lady told him because that'd be what she wanted. Instead, he just stood there facing the police with his hands up, one of them still holding the mysterious package, and said, "Whoa, wait, I'm not with her, officers! Honest! I just got here, bumped into her, and got handed this package by her! If this is what you're looking for, you can have it!" He doubted the police would believe him, but it was the truth nonetheless, and he was going to stick to his story. Meanwhile, Sera was standing on his shoulder, feeding his mind a darker red color which he figured to be her "I told you so!" color. It didn't look good at all for our pair, and they were just starting on their adventure too!

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    OkikuMew: You and your Poochyena take your first adventure in the appropriately named Adventure Path. It was the best place to escape the suburbs of where you came from. You take in the fresh air, chirping of birds here and there, the majesty of Eyrie Peak. While you admire the mountain, you see a flock of light brown birds fly by. Some are larger, and they have large red crowns on their heads. The Pidgey and Pidgeotto fly towards the Peak, no doubt heading to their nests. You nod at Max, coming to the conclusion that you chose the right place to have your first adventure. Naturally as a beginning trainer, you aim to catch a new Pokemon.

    As you walk along your chosen path, you enter a more wooded area. The trees block your view of the clear blue sky, but at least the shade they provide cool you off. Along the way you find various cocoon Pokemon sporadically laying about in the trees, just waiting for when the time to evolve comes. As you admire the whiteness of a Silcoon, you almost walk into a rather large Kakuna attached to an even larger tree. Max warns you just in time, as bumping into a Kakuna would be a bad idea since if Kakuna is there, a Beedrill is sure to be nearby. You turn away, and you see some Metapod and Cascoon high up on some branches.

    In the distance you find what looks like a crudely made cabin. You begin to walk towards it hoping to get some directions to where you can find a particular Pokemon. The cover of the trees begins to get more dense, which causes more of the area to be covered in shade. The shade doesn't get too dark; your visibility. All of a sudden you hear a man's voice sternly yelling, "Scyther, use cut now!" A Scyther jumps out from behind a tree with its claw raised focused and ready to strike.

    What will you do?
    I don't know what's supposed to be the Scyther's target (Max, a tree, myself?), but let's say Okiku doesn't know either XP

    As I walk on the Adventure Path, I see some Pidgey and Pidgeotto going back to their nests. I overheard before there was lots of flying-type Pokémon here, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

    "Yup", I nod to Max, "we're definitely in the right place!"

    As we continue walking, we end up being in a small forest. The good amount of trees hide us from the blaring sun, and serves as a resting place of a bunch of bug-type cocoon Pokémon. Although I'm not much of a fan of bug Pokémon, I really like the silky smooth white shell the Silcoon makes before turning into the appropriately-named Beautifly. As I'm still walking while staring at the Silcoon, Max abrutly bark very loudly, abrutly bursting my bubble I was in. I turn my head around to ask him what was going on, but my vision meets up-close-and personal with a Kakuna. Startled, I yelp a bit and jump back.

    "...You were warning about this guy, didn't you?" I ask my dog, which proudly barked as a response. "Thanks buddy! We really don't want to mess with Beedrills at this point..."

    As we go deeper in the forest, I spot a wooden cabin between the tree. Hmmm, could someone be living there or something? Whoever stays there must know most of the kinds of Pokémon living here, and where they hang around... Maybe with his help, I could find a psychic-type Pokémon to catch, (as I have a thing with that type, they're so mysterious and facinating!) ...Perhaps a Natu, being also a flying type? I wouldn't mind catching something else though.

    Anyways, as I approach the cabin, the forest gets more dense by the second. Suddenly, I hear a man screaming from behind:

    "Scyther, use Cut now!"

    The named Pokémon suddenly appeared, ready to follow his trainer's orders. But to whom or what the attack directed to?

    "Max watch out! Dodge away!" I shout, just in case the bug's blades were directed towards him.


    Last edited by OkikuMew; 1st July 2012 at 5:02 PM.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Magus Falls

    Trainer Andy - Trying to ease the angry fire monkey, you quickly apologize for the Lillipup’s behavior and tells it that you didn’t mean any harm and asked for permission to just let them pass. The Simisear stopped approaching you for a moment staring at you for a long, long while. You gulped as you feel nervous, not sure of what the Simisear will do next even though it stopped. Surely this must be a good sign right? This monkey could listen to reason right?

    Wrong. You are very, very wrong.

    The monkey let out a loud and deafening screech before charging at you once more, this time faster than before. The Simisear was also clenching its fists as fire beings to emerge from its fists, intending to use a Fire Punch against you! Meanwhile, the Lillipup sat down, as it watched you about to be beaten up badly by the monkey, letting out a cute little yip in the process with a smile on its face. You’re gonna have to think fast you risk being punched and burned!

    What will you do?


    As Andy recited his plea to the Simisear, he noticed that hte monkey had stopped advancing and seemed to be listening to him.
    With a deep sigh, Andy's body relaxed, his hand moving away from his Pokeballs and a hopeful smile spreading across his face.

    "If you don't mind then, i'll just be on my wa-"

    Andy's sentence was cut short as the firey primate let out an ear shattering screech. Panic filled Andy as his opponent charged towards him, fists clenched and enveloped with flame.

    Ohcrapohcrapohcrapohcrap Was all that came into Andy's mind as he fell back, fumbling at his belt for a Pokeball, grabbing wildly at them and tossing one forward without even checking whom it belonged to. The ball flew through the air and landed on the ground a few feet in front of him, popping open with a flash of light.
    Andy's attention was fully focused on the charging Simisear, he barely noticed the form of Bertha the Pinsir until she had pulled herself up to her full height and let out her battle cry.

    This could go either way now. Bertha was at a type disadvantage, but she had a clear advantage in size and the natural strength of her species on her side. Besides, there would be no time now to recall his Pokemon and send out another before the Simisear reached him. All Andy could do was hope for the best. With this in mind, Andy tried his best to shake off some of the panic and formulate a plan.

    "Ok girl, this is going to be risky but Focus your Energy and wait for it to get closer," Even as the words left his lips, he felt more and more anxious, "then when it's close enough, grab its hand in a Vicegrip with your pincers so it can't use it's attack."

    Andy cast a look past the approaching Simisear to Lillipup, who still seemed to be oblivious to the danger, head cocked to the side and yipping cutely as if he just couldn't figure out why the human had stopped following him.

    If I make it out of here in one piece Andy thought, as if trying to send a telepathic message to the Pokemon, You'd better to leading me somewhere good...
    Last edited by Trainer Andy; 1st July 2012 at 11:47 PM.

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    allishinca: You wade through the dense foilage of the jungle in search of the fabled Forgotten Ruins. In your arms is your Sableye Pluto, asleep or at the very least, in a trance. As your trek continues, you notice the large megaliths that would normally signify some ancient ruins. Just in case, you decide to check your map. You stop walking for a moment, and put Pluto on the ground to take your map out to study. Pluto snaps out of his trance and immediately gets his bearings. After fixing the map for you and showing exactly where you both were, he began to feel an eerie aura from the immediate area.

    With the realization that you've arrived at the ruins you prepare to enter them in search of some wonderful treasures, but some noise in a nearby bush startles you enough that you rush to Pluto and squeeze him hard. Seeing that the shrubbery produces nothing you let go of the Darkness Pokemon, and he gasps a little for some air. You beckon to Pluto to start the exploration of the Ruins. You grab Pluto into your arms once more, and before he can voice his apprehension, he falls back into his trance.

    The part of the ruins you visit show signs of being a once great civilization. The wall that surrounds the place definitely looks aged, from the broken portions in the wall to the all of the vines that have snaked their way around. The ground, once lined out with a stone walkway, is now overgrown with weeds growing through the spaces between the paver stones. Following the walkway, it leads you to an opening in the wall, the entrance to the ruins. You can see that at one time an arch in the opening welcomed newcomers to the city. You explore cautiously hoping not to run into any of the aliens who allegedly guard these ruins.

    As you walk through the archway you see many buildings in varying sizes, all in different stages of decay, surrounding what seems to be a central road. The city itself seemed eerily quiet. You look around, peeking in a few of the buildings. One of them appears to be a house according to the remnants of a table made of stone in one room, and in another room, you see a big slab of stone with a basin carved out. You come to the conclusion that it must have once been a bed, and its owner slept on leaves and furs. Another of the buildings you visit is missing one of its walls. Against the opposite wall, also falling apart, you see a fireplace complete with a chimney.

    You look around once more, and there are still no signs of life. Looking around, you spot what appears to be a temple that goes into a mountain to your right, and on your left you see a small stadium also in a state of ruin. What's left of the walls surrounding the stadium is completely overgrown with vines and other vegetation, although you can see there's an entrance to it. So your adventure in the Forgotten Ruins begins, and without much going on in town, you have two choices of where to go next.

    Which will you choose?
    Alli walked down a path made up of old pavement stones and weeds. It lead through an opening in a large stone wall that at one time was an arched doorway. Alli peeked in nervously, and proceeded into the ancient city. The buildings were in various stats of decay, and Alli could see that some use to be homes and sheds by the equipment left inside. She wondered nervously what happened to the previous inhabitants as she trekked onwards.

    Alli stopped at the fork in the road with Pluto still tucked tightly in her arms. On her left, she saw a large temple that merged with a nearby mountain. On her right was the impressive walls of an overgrown Colosseum. Alli gazed at the stadium in wonder, and imagined an impressive battle between warriors and Pokemon taking place within the inner walls. Her daydream continued, and as the Pokemon cried out in agony, a giant Phoenix with large rainbow colored wings few down from the sky in order to liberate them. Alli was so lost in her imagination that she didn't notice when Pluto slipped from her arms and fell face first onto the ground.

    Pluto got up and shook himself off. He then gazed around and shuttered at the ominous aura. This place emanated the eery feeling that you were being watched, along with suffocation, as though the air among these ruins was poisonous. But the two of them had traversed here for treasure, and that was at least a worthy quest that Pluto could get behind. Treasure after all, potentially meant shiny jewels, which he could snack on. Looking around, Pluto tried to detect where any said treasure might be and his attention was instantly focused on the mountain temple. He was usually pretty lucky at detecting jewels. Pluto turned towards Alli in hopes of informing her of his epiphany, and found her in the exact same position she had been in when Pluto had been dropped to the ground: Looking up at the sky, drooling, with her arms wrapped around her chest as though Pluto were still in them. She was undoubtedly still lost in her adventure, watching as the Phoenix burned the helpless warriors to ash.

    Pluto sighed.
    He worried about that kid sometimes.

    Pluto went over and grabbed Alli by the hand, and jerked her out of her imagination. Once he had her attention, he pointed towards the temple. "Oh, you think the treasure is in there?" Pluto nodded, and attempted to waltz towards the temple only to be unable to progress as he was still holding hands with Alli. "Well you're usually right about these things, but I was thinking about this stadium..." Pluto furiously pulled at Alli's hand, who didn't notice. "And I realized that if warriors fought and died in there, it is probably haunted. Normally I would avoid ghost, as they're pretty scary, but as it is still daylight out we could take a quick look around and see if there are any old warriors spirits left behind." Pluto hopped up and down in an attempt to caught Alli's attention, but either he was simply too small, or Alli was too lost within her own conversation to notice him. "We'll just take a quick look around, then we'll head for the temple." Pluto growled in disagreement, but was ignored as he was quickly dragged away into the darkness of the Colosseum entrance by Alli.


    Profile
    Last edited by allishinca; 11th July 2012 at 8:48 PM.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    Myahoo: As you sit on the rock waiting out the storm, you get a little impatient with the loneliness that came with sending Wildfire further into the cave to investigate some chirping. You briefly notice that the wind has picked up out there, but you are interrupted by a noise made from in the cave. Hoping for the best, you call out to the source to find out that Wildfire was indeed returning to you.

    After the brief reunion, you ask Wildfire what he saw. Like a game of Charades, he acts out what he saw; telling you that further in the cave there’s a trainer, a bird, and another Pokémon. With that information, you decide that the trainer is battling one of the Pokémon with one of the others. You think it best not to involve yourself.

    You turn to the entrance of the cave again to continue watching the storm. You see some leaves riding the wind, swirling about sometimes. With Wildfire sitting on your lap, everything seems quite serene. All of a sudden the wind picks up. The few leaves you see now just glide on the air current without any of the peaceful swirling from before. You hear a lot of cooing from outside of the cave, as the wind seems to have picked up some tiny grey birds and thrown them around.

    The wind carries the Pidove by the mouth of the cave, and in a panic, they fly into the cave. As they fly by you, you can see that seem young and that they are scared, confused, or maybe both; and they continue to fly deeper in the cave. You begin to hear echoes coming from the cave. Even though you know the Pidove flew further in the cave, the echoes appear to be getting louder. You recognize these echoed voices as all three of the Pidove; each of their cries bouncing off the walls and each other.

    Wildfire buries his head in his arms trying to drown out the sound, and you cover your ears as well. After what seemed like hours of the crying, the Pidove suddenly go quiet. You look around the cave, and fortunately the attacks from the Tiny Pigeon Pokémon didn’t cause any damage to the cave or Wildfire. You see the branch that you once used as a crutch propped up against the wall. Wildfire looks at you, and he seems concerned about why the noise stopped so abruptly. You look outside, and the wind is still howling fiercely.

    What will you?
    The duo silently watched the rain fall outside their shelter, comfortable in each other’s presence. Wildfire had curled up in Melissa’s lap, as she idly stroked his head, mindful of the flames providing them light.

    It took a moment for the teen to realize something was different. Pausing in her petting, she listened to the sound of the wind. “Is it just me or has the wind picked up?” she asked aloud. Wildfire raised his head to listen too, before nodding twice. “Oh, alright. Just wondering.” She turned back to watching the storm outside, tracking the leaves as they twirled by. She blinked when some gray birds were blown by, just barely catching the birds’ cooing.

    “Did you just see--?” She broke off to duck as the Pidove burst into the cave in a flurry of feathers. Peeking up at them, she noticed they were young and scared. Or confused. Or both. They flew over their heads and further into the cave, leaving the pair to look after them somewhat worriedly. The teen exchanged looks with her Cyndaquil. “D’you think we should have warned them?” He shrugged helplessly, indicating they had already passed by. She nodded. “Yeah, I know, but we could have as they flew by.” He shrugged noncommittally this time, preparing to settle back down.

    They both paused when they heard noises coming from further in the cave. Turning to look, they spotted nothing, but they recognized the sounds as those of the Pidove. As the sounds got louder, Melissa suddenly realized that it was an Echoed Voice and then had to cover her ears to prevent them from hurting any more. In her lap, Wildfire had already covered his ears and was currently trying to bury his head into her stomach.

    After some time, the cave suddenly went silent and, a moment later, the pair registered the silence. Cautiously, they both uncovered their ears, ready to cover them back up if there was any indication that the attack would continue. When it became clear that the attack was completely finished, Melissa checked Wildfire over to make sure he was fine, before checking to make sure the cave had remained structurally sound. Once she’d determined that both were fine, she glanced back into the cave. Wildfire nudged her and glanced in the same direction, looking back to be sure she saw that he was concerned.

    “D’you wanna go check on them?” she asked. He nodded.

    The teen glanced back outside and, seeing the storm was still going strong, reached for her crutch. “Alright, alright. Might as well go investigate, while the storm blows itself out,” she sighed, maneuvering herself to her feet and making sure to watch her injured leg. She looked down at her Cyndaquil who was waiting patiently for her. “But you’re gonna have to help me see where to put my feet. Otherwise, those Pidove won’t be the only one in need of help,” she told him. He nodded again and flared his fire brighter, illuminating more of the cave to make sure she wouldn’t trip. Keeping her attention mostly on her feet, Melissa slowly made her way further into the cave, Wildfire contently keeping pace as the pair continued on.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~Island Ports~

    Mon1010: As you and the Johnson brothers parted ways, you hear a woman screaming about being robbed. Another Teddiursa ran through the streets, this one holding a tub of MooMoo Milk Ice Cream. You decided that this was your moment to shine.

    You looked at Shaana with a grin, and she grinned back as if in sync with you. You were able to spot the culprit, heading in the same direction as the last Teddiursa, so you ordered Shaana to yawn a pink bubble of sleep-inducing gas on the Teddiursa. The plan was successful, for in its haste, the Little Bear ran right into the pink bubble, which burst in its face. The Teddiursa began yawning, and its running slowed. Eventually the cub couldn’t take it anymore, and it fell over on the ground asleep.

    Shaana floated over to the sleeping bear, and begins to eat its dream as only a Dream Eater would do. She sees black-and-white images of a pair of Teddiursa playing in the forest. Overhead, a small dark figure glides by. Next, a large, dark figure approaches them, and begins firing Flame Bursts at the sibling cubs. They dodge the attacks, which angers this mysterious creature. It begins spitting more attacks at the Teddiursa, when suddenly a very irate Ursaring runs out from some nearby bushes, right by the Teddiursa, and into the path of the attacks. The force of the flames exploding on Ursaring knock it back past the Teddiursa. The figure stands over the pained Ursaring and summons four darker orbs of fire and unleashes all of them on Ursaring, hitting conveniently inside the ring on its torso. Next Shaana sees darkness.

    The next thing Shaana sees is one Teddiursa looking at a bush adorned with many little berries. It collects as many of the Oran Berries that it can hold and runs away. Next Shaana sees the Teddiursa with the berries trying to give some of them to the Ursaring who was burnt earlier. The wound where the flames hit Ursaring still smoldered and singed and every so often would engulf the Ursaring in flames. Once more, Shaana sees darkness. Shaana shook herself back into reality after the visions she saw.

    In the meantime, you were able to pry the ice cream out of the sleeping Teddiursa's hands. The woman who was first chasing the Teddiursa finally caught up in time to take the ice cream from you. "Thank you so much for getting this back!" she exclaimed happily. "Please stop by my store some time, and I will give you a free cone." The woman walked away with her tub of ice cream cradled in her arms.

    "That was a nice job with that Teddiursa," Frank said all of a sudden. "If you plan on going into the woods at all, I will let you borrow this." He handed you a remote-control-sized gadget. "This is a Pokemon Ranger Beacon. If anything should happen to you, all you do is press this blue button, and a Pokemon Ranger nearby will respond. Like we said earlier, I will be at the shop while Eric is away. He has his PRB with him. If you can find our jar of balm we'd really appreciate it!" Frank turned around again and walked off.

    Just then the Teddiursa woke up. It looked around panicked because the ice cream it stole was missing. It stood up and ran straight to a shop selling Combee Honey. It grabbed a jar and ran quickly ran off before the owner could notice. Shaana floated over to you and attempted to share with you everything it saw in Teddiursa's dream. The Teddiursa was able to make it out of town in the same direction it was originally heading with the jar of honey. What will you do?
    The plan worked! The bear ran in Shaana's pink Yawn bubble. It slowly became drowsy, and fell asleep. As the bear slept, Scott walked over to it, and snatched the ice cream from it's paws. Shaana ate it's dreams, like she usually does when someone is sleeping nearby. The Ice Cream's proper owner, who had been chasing the theiving bear, arrived just in time to get back. She thanked him, and offered him a free cone at her store. "Oh, thank you. It was nothing." Scott made a mental note to find that Ice Cream shop and claim that free cone in the future. Then those two brothers Scott had met earlier appeared. Apparently, they had seen Scott get the Ice Cream back, and gave him a device that would allow him to contact a Pokemon Ranger if he were to get into trouble. Even though he had Pokemon on him, and was perfectly capable of getting himself out of trouble, he appreciated the gesture, and put the device in his bag.

    "Munna Mun!" Shaana shouted as she floated over to him. Her tone of voice sounded scared.

    "What's up Shaana?"

    "Mun!" A plume of pink dream mist seeped from the hole ih her forehead, and formed a pink cloud. Said cloud showed the contents of the dream she had eaten.

    When it was over, and the mist went away, Scott's eyes widened. "That was the Teddiursa's dream?!" he pointed to the bear Pokemon who was now no longer there.

    Shaana nodded "Mun." she said it rather sarcastically, as though that should've been obvious to the trainer.

    Then Scott saw the Teddiursa leaving another store with a jar in it's paws. "Hm...I think we should follow it. Don't you think?" And with that Scott and Shaana took off, following the Teddiursa into the woods.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 3rd July 2012 at 1:43 AM.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

    RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Dead Forest


    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette – {LOL, I forgot you were babysitting Severus; I just needed a moth for a Crobat to eat, so I picked Dustox! Glad you were on the ball, Marion! =D

    Also, in the Black/White movesets, Crobat gets Cross Poison and Screech automatically, and I didn't see those moves in Sangre's stats, so go ahead and add those moves in if you haven't. You may need them... >=D }

    Your plans to keep Sangre’s insectivorous habits a secret aside, you were ready to begin research on this swampy gravesite when you were warned by two mysterious hags against prying too much into this place. This wasn’t about to faze you, though; you simply bid farewell to them and complement them on their fashions.

    You then move on to gather some samples of the toxic soil around here in various places, each sample slightly bigger than the last. You are also careful not to let any of it make contact with your skin; who knows what deadly poisons could be soaking the earth here? You look at the last sample you collect; it looks particularly nasty, and it probably has the biggest cocktail of toxins out here. It fascinates you so much you fail to notice your legs slowly sinking into the swampy land. Sangre alerts you to your peril, and you try to get your feet unstuck, but your moving around only causes you to sink further in. Suddenly, you feel yourself grabbed by something, and the grabbing buckles your knees causing you to fall on your backside. Now more of your body gets caught into the mire. It seems the old ladies’ warnings were not something to be taken lightly, and if you didn’t act fast, you would be slowly dragged to your own grave.

    What will Marion do?

    ((HAHA, I totally thought that was intentional on your part... I wouldn't have thought of it myself if it weren't for the fact that I had literally returned Severus to MM the day before. XD Also, thanks for the heads up! I've updated Crobat's movelist.))

    Ever the absent-minded professorial candidate, Marion is so absorbed in thoughts regarding the strange samples she is collecting that she is completely unaware that she is sinking into the toxic mire which surrounds her. Fortunately, Sangre was never one for deep thoughts, preferring keen outward observation to deep introspection. He quickly notices that Marion is sinking, as if in quicksand, and cries out to her, looking directly at her feet. "Oh, dear..." Marion attempts to lift herself out of the muck, but struggling only seems to get her more deeply entrenched in the mud. "What was it that they said on that nature show about quicksand? Wasn't it that you could float on it? Or was it-" before Marion can complete her sentence, she finds herself grabbed by something underneath the soil, and is so viciously pulled that her knees completely give beneath her as she falls on her backside; the pale lavender hair that she had so intricately and pain-stakingly arranged into a bun to avoid dirt and grime was now soaking in the filth; of course, all that won't matter much if Marion suffocates to death in the mud. Certainly it was first priority to attempt to get herself upright and out of this perilous situation! She reaches up, and before she can even say, "Sangre, darling," her Crobat grabs her tightly around the waist using his lower pair of wings, while he desperately attempts to Fly with the upper half in attempt to pull her out of the muck.

    Thinking quickly, Marion grabs another of her Pokeballs before they sink completely; this one, foremost on her belt, is the easiest to access from her position. This placement was intentional; after all, this Pokemon was the one that Marion knew she could depend on in situations like this. Without hesitation, Marion calls out her most beloved companion; "Minerva, please help me!"

    "Rol-ling a-round in the mud, are weeee?" Minerva's red silhouette comments as Minerva materializes from the pokeball, eventually transforming from brilliant red light to a dull purple cloth and a shiny zipper-smile. "Let me pull you out, sil-ly girl." Minerva floats towards her trainer and phases her cloth paws beneath Marion's head, solidifying them between her head and the muck; she then attempts to pull Marion's head out of the muck without damaging her trainer's head or neck. As Minerva pulls, Marion tries to talk to her ghostly companion; "Min, there's a more urgent matter I need you to address- something is pulling my leg. Could you please tell it to stop, or at least figure out what it is?"

    "Try-ing to rea-son with some-thing that clear-ly wants to kill you?" Minerva grimaces.

    "Please... I don't want to establish myself as an enemy before I figure out what it wants. Maybe it doesn't realize what-"

    "FINE." Minerva sighs, which sounds more like a hiss as it passes tightly through her zipper-teeth. Minerva becomes insubstantial and floats through the mud, beneath Marion's legs, to attempt to see what is pulling her down. In her transient form, she attempts to speak to the attacker:

    "Will you please stop try-ing to pull my trai-ner in-to the muck? It will be most ap-pre-ci-a-ted." If Minerva can discern what is pulling on Marion's leg, she would also use this opportunity to tell her the nature of the attacker, if that is possible.

    [FB || PASBL]

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pyroland.
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    The Divine Woodland


    Megh

    Seeing that your Meowth was rendered unable to do anything to stop a Spinarak from snacking on him, you call on your Sewaddle, Lyla, to assist him. Seeing Jake under such torture caused the blood inside this bug to boil; she wasn’t going to watch her friend get eaten like that!

    Of course, that means Lyla goes straight to work. She works her way around to the other side of the web where Spinarak was, Shoots her silk String onto the spider’s abdomen, and starts pulling. Not only is the Spinarak slower, but now it’s got an annoying little pest interrupting its meal. It now spits its own String Shot onto Lyla, working on making her a second course. After all, the succulent kitty wasn’t going anywhere, right? Then Spinarak starts pulling on a possible Sewaddle dinner, but instead of resisting, Lyla uses that pull to propel herself into the String Spit Pokemon’s body, Tackling it and knocking it off its web, dealing some slight damage in the process. Spinarak didn’t expect Lyla to do that at all, and it was now fixated on your Sewaddle instead of your Meowth, using Poison Sting on Lyla. The poisonous needles stab into Lyla for a little damage, but they also inject venom into her, and the poison will continue to wear down her health some more. Meanwhile, Jake struggles to escape his silky prison, but the poison is making it too difficult to muster up the energy to break free from the web. However, now that Spinarak was focused on Lyla, you had an opportunity to help your partner with his troubles.

    What will Megh do?
    Well, this is a slight improvement from the previous scenario, at least, thinks Megh as she rushes over to try and untangle Jake. The sticky bits of silk stick to her hands, shirt, and eachother in her haste to free her beloved Meowth. Wait a sec... Lyla! She'd almost forgotten about the bug vs. bug battle royale going on just a few feet away. She looks up from the sticky mess to see her own insect cringing with the effects of poison. This speeds her up considerably in digging through the silk. Once the silk is thin enough for Jake to squirm free himself, Megh leans over and administers an Antidote (1/1) on the fuzzy body. She then stands up and races as fast as her legs can carry her over to poor Lyla, kneels down with a Pecha Berry in her open palm, and keeps looking over her shoulder frantically as the Sewaddle bites into the soft flesh of the Berry. As Lyla finishes her meal, Megh stands up and bellows,

    “Okay, guys, let’s finish this! Jake, use Scratch! Lyla, Tackle! Then I’ll throw a Poke ball and hopefully we’ll be done with this rascal!” Hopefully a tag-team effort would be sufficient…

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Had some free time today to type up both of your updates for being so quick with your replies!

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    Charminions: What an inopportune time for your focus to be split! Between the attacking Poison Pin Pokemon and Pigkey's disappearance, you have your work cut out for you. To buy yourself some time, you have Osage charge in speedily to attack, but at the last second, he fakes the Nidoran out by just clapping his claws. This effectively startles the Nidoran from her executing her next attack.

    Seeing your chance to escape you both begin to run in the same direction you were just heading hoping to find Pigkey. Nidoran, not having any of this, begins to follow. Checking back, Osage catches her chasing you, and he begins screaming incredibly loudly. The force of the yelling, not stops Nidoran in her tracks, but it startles you as you had never heard a screech so loud before. You stop running to collect your bearings. Now that you've collected your thoughts and complimented Osage on his attack, you start running again.

    Still not wanting to let go of her mark, Nidoran fires some spikes from her toxic mouth which land all around you two. Unfortunately for you both, you each step on one. The spike stabs Osage's foot, and immediately its poison spreads throughout his body, slowly draining his health. You, on the other hand, aren't hurt or poisoned since you are wearing footwear. The feeling of stepping on the spike, though, trips you up a little. With a running leap, Nidoran slams onto Osage with her entire body, and the force of the attack knocks Osage back.

    Nidoran turns around, and just as she prepares to use another attack, a rock smacks down on her from a tree. You look around frantically for your savior. Finally you see Pigkey returning holding a curious pink heart-shaped berry in her hands. Perhaps she saw the Nidoran attack you and ran off to find a Pecha Berry, just in case. What will you do?

    It's a good thing I replied then. ^_^

    Charm decides that it would be best to slow down the Nidoran and catch up with Pigkey, ordering Osage to give the female Nidoran a Fake Out. He does as he's told, charging straight towards the Nidoran before swiftly slapping his hands at the wild Pokemon to cause her to flinch. The Poison Pin Pokemon looks definitely startled which was the duo's cue to run like hell.

    While running, Osage takes a look back to see if the angry Nidoran is still following them; she is, unfortunately. "Damn. We have no time for this. Give that Screech now, Osage!" Charm calls out. Osage answers back by releasing a very high pitch scream, however the shouting didn't stop the Nidoran. Instead, it caused Charm to stop running out of surprise. Completely ignoring the situation, he goes on to compliment Osage's Screech. "That was cool, Osage. Didn't think you'd use it that well." Then they proceed to panic and run once again, ending this bit of sitcom comedy.

    The Nidoran certainly doesn't want them to escape, and so she spits out some Toxic Spikes which surround the escapees. Both Charm and Osage end up stepping on a spike, effectively poisoning the Sneasel but failing to work on Charm who's protected by his sneakers. "Crap, what does it take to get this Nidoran off our backs," he says, tripping from the spike. The Nidoran still seems to look angry, running towards Osage before Body Slamming him. "Hang in there, Osage!" Charm calls out, starting to panic because of his poisoned partner.

    Still hoping to punish the duo, the Poison Pin Pokemon starts to charge up another attack when she's suddenly knocked back by a rock coming from a tree. "Wait a second. Isn't that Pigkey's Smack Down attack?" And to their delight it was, Pigkey returns back to Charm and holds out a Pecha Berry. "You're our hero, Pigkey!" Charm exclaims, taking the Pecha Berry. "Here Osage, take this. It will stop the poison from hurting your body," he says, giving the berry to the sickly Sneasel.

    "Alright, let's get rid of this runt quickly and continue looking for the berry Trunphan needs. Osage, Frost Breath then Ice Beam. Pigkey, Thunder Punch followed by Fury Swipes."

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    OK, just want to remind everybody that in battles you can use up to three attacks/items, not counting held items which get used automatically, except in double/triple battles where you can use two moves per Pokemon. Also, feel free to use two or three moves per reply; it'll make your battles go that much faster, and it'll give me more material to work with. With that, moar updates! =D


    Eyrie Peak

    Posy Field
    Jolteonjak

    Being witness to a theft is bad enough, but when it involves stealing food from such an adorable little Teddiursa, the crime is especially heinous! Teddiursa was ready for battle, and she welcomed all the help she could get as she nodded at your offer to help. You call out to Heracross to join the battle, but all you get from him is a dirty look and three rings of Stone Edge, each ring directed at each Beedrill. You duck to avoid the attack as it flies past you. One of the Beedrill follows suit and dodges the ring sent at it while the other two took some decent damage, though only a third as much as a fully-powered Stone Edge since the attack was split between three targets.

    You had enough of his insolence and order him to stay by your side and out of the battle, then call on your tan and blue Numel who appears out of his Rocket Ball with a shimmer. You direct his attention to the Beedrill, two of which are ticked off from Heracross’ attack and decide to take out their anger on their opponents, one of them firing Poison Sting at Teddiursa for some slight damage, the other using its Fury to Attack Cyndaquil with its stingers, hitting twice with its jabs, one of those hits being for some considerable damage. The last Beedrill hadn’t gotten as riled up as the other two yet, but rather fine-tunes its Energy so it can Focus more on the battle ahead.

    Cyndaquil responds to his attacker by directing odd Extrasensory waves at it causing the Beedrill to cry out in pain from the headache it got. Meanwhile, Teddiursa was welling up with tears in her eyes after that barbaric attack by her assailant. Then she just cried, and as the Beedrill who attacked her looked on… it didn’t want to hurt her that badly. That Beedrill started feeling remorse for its actions and flew down to Teddiursa to try and comfort it, but when it got too close, Teddiursa suddenly stopped crying and grinned as Numel saw the opening and used some of his Rock energy to create boulders that looked of an Ancient age and flung them at Beedrill with such Power that they crashed into the Poison Bee causing significant damage. Teddiursa then turns to you and winks at you with a thumbs-up pose; that sneaky Little Bear’s Tears were Fake! As a result, Beedrill’s compassion caused a harsh lowering in its special defense. It wasn’t going to fall for that trick again for sure!

    What will Chad do?

    Chad watched the battle with those thieving Beedrill begin against his Cyndaquil and newcomer Numel, both joining the victim Teddiursa. After starting things off with a decent blast from Stone Edge, Heracross found himself sidelined for the time being. At least Cyndaquil and Numel seemed to be suited for this though. Even Teddiursa seemed to be holding her own, cleverly distracting a Beedril giving Numel a chance to attack.

    "Cyndaquil, Numel great job both of you," Chad praised his fiery pair. "You're not so bad yourself Teddiursa," Chad continued. "Let's see," he began thinking out loud, "we have to keep our Fire attacks to a minimum. Numel, Defense Curl. Then when a Beedrill gets in range, use Rollout. Cyndaquil, see if you can stun the Beedrill that Numel and Teddiursa attacked with your Extrasensory. If you can stun it, try to burn it with Will-o-Wisp. If you do not stun it, use Hidden Power (Ice)." Chad looked at Teddiursa and holds out his hand to the battlefield, "And now your move."

    Chad watched the three battlers getting back to action. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Heracross watching the battle intently. He seemed to be upset. Keeping half an eye on the battle, he walked over to his moping Singlehorn. "Look, I'm sorry I yelled, but your attack almost hit me. I didn't have a problem with you feeding on the tree, but if I need you to battle, please listen."

    "Crossss," Heracross responded with a sigh. He looked at Chad, as if he wanted to get into the fray.

    "Tell you what. When this battle is over, you can go get your fill of sap. For now, I need you to keep an eye out for that last Beedrill in case it returns," he held his hand out to Heracross. "Deal?" Heracross met Chad's hand with his claw, and the two shook on it. "I have a plan that I may need your help with depending how the battle continues."



    Stats

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: Coming to the aid of an injured boy, you find that the cause for the injury is a Qwilfish. This Balloon Pokemon, angry for being awakened, attacks you with its Poison Sting. Luckily, Zoomer, being quick to react, is able to reach you and Teleport you all to safety. When you reappear you look around to see the quills embed themselves into a post that was near the path. You also see that you and the little boy are sufficiently far enough away from the reach of any of Qwilfish's attacks. With some quick thinking you lay your backpack on the ground and put the boy's injured leg on it not only to keep it out of the sand but to keep it elevated.

    The Qwilfish doesn't appear to be swimming off any time soon, so you have Zoomer retaliate. "Zoomer, shoot a confuse ray at the Spikefish," you begin your orders.

    "Ralts," Zoomer shakes his head and sighs. The pink horn on Zoomer's head glows and fires an eerie ray at the Balloon Pokemon. It bathes the Qwilfish in its sinister light, causing it to appear off somehow.

    "Mister?" you hear the little boy call to you. You turn around to him. "I think that's called 'Qwilfish,'" he continues.

    You turn your attention back to the battle just in time to see Qwilfish surrounding itself in water and lunging forward. The aquatic bullet, that is Qwilfish, veers off course and jets itself to somewhere that isn't Zoomer where it collides with the same post studded with the Poison Sting from earlier. The force of this collision shatters the post, and the Qwilfish lands in some shrubbery behind the former post. The confused Qwilfish drunkingly hobbles and rolls out of the shrubbery onto the beach.

    You take this opportunity to continue your attacking. "Use metronome!" Zoomer concentrates and waves its hands in unison. As they both wave, they begin to give off a faint grey glow. A rock appears floating in front of Zoomer. He takes the rock and throws it at Qwilfish. The rock smashes into Qwilfish knocking it back roughly a foot not causing much damage at all.

    "Wow!" the boy exclaims. "Your Ralts can use Metronome? That's so neat!" You turn to look at the boy, and it seems the battle is allowing him to forget, somewhat, about his injury.

    The Qwilfish gets back up, still tottering about. It begins to attack again, this time giving a few short hops before propelling forward hoping to tackle you, or something else.

    What will you do?



    "Wow! Your Ralts can use Metronome? That's so neat!" The boy exclaimed. Niles rubbed the back of his head, glowing from the compliment the boy gave him. On Valentine's day his school had given out a bunch of prizes, and one that Niles got was a idol that taught that move to Zoomer. It was sort of odd how many rare and unusual the teacher had, was kind of suspicious. This didn't concern Niles as it never occurred to him how odd it was. Zoomer started crying out again and Niles noticed the Spikefish... no, Qwilfish (he really needs to learn how to identify species better) was getting ready to retaliate.

    "Zoomer shoot a Signal Beam at it to knock it back. Then hold it in place with two Grassknots" Niles was getting more use to battling, and was getting a lot more aggressive, to match his nature. Zoomer nodded as it prepared for the attack.


    Stats
    Last edited by YDT; 7th July 2012 at 1:44 AM.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post


    The Divine Woodland

    Diamond Lake

    Meetan - (Please provide a link to your team stats next time. Thanks! )

    Noticing that a Surskit may be in danger of being lunch for someone else, you and your Swinub help out the poor little bug as the Swinub used Odor Sleuth to lock on the Swellow. The Swinub points his nose upwards to attempt to smell the Swellow... unfortunately the bird seems to be too high up for him to smell. The Swellow continues to circle around the Surskit as it waits for the perfect opportunity to catch the Pond Skater, ignoring you and your Swinub in the process.Your Swinub then continues his attack by blowing an Icy Wind towards the Swellow which direct hits the bird and you see its motion interrupted as it felt the chilly wind from your Swinub. It then targets your Swinub as it swiftly goes down on the ground and direct striking your Swinub with an Aerial Ace before rising up in the sky. The Swinub didn’t even have a chande to recover from the attack however, as a round of Bubblebeam suddenly hits him as well as you turn around to see the attacker which turned out to be... the Surskit itself! It seems to be terrified of you as well! The Swellow seemed to have a glint on its eye as it noticed this and was thoroughly amused at the situation. You could try to talk to the Surskit that it’s on your side, but there’s no guarantee that it will listen to you...

    What will you do?[


    "Oh, you... Little menace!" Alice suddenly bellowed, astounded at the strike of the Bubblebeam, watching her poor baby tumble backwards under the barrage of attacks. She could see that Swellow was taking pleasure from the sight. Oh, she didn't think so. "Yeah, well. We won't be taking that. Swinub, use your Charm to lower the enemy's attack, and this time go for a Powder Snow! We'll try to freeze it, and if it goes low enough, try to blind it with a Mud Slap! Make it as strong as you can and keep your eyes peeled! I'll try to sort out Surskit!"

    She glanced over at the blue, spidery being anxiously. It was a cute, four legged spidery thing. It was less intimidating, if not a bit annoying, and the nineteen year old was pleased it wasn't a Spinarak. Crouching down as she gradually made her approach, eyes darting between potential munch and the battle, the young trainer took out her berry pouch and extended it to the wild creature. "Listen, you can take one or two of these, as a truce! Or even a pokeblock or poffin if you want! Please don't attack Swinub anymore, we're trying to save your bum here, alright? I promise, we're the good guys! We'll leave you alone after this if you want, promise!" Alice insisted, biting her lip as she glanced at her wintery pig. They were at a big disadvantage, but surely they'd be alright?

    ((Stats~))

  24. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,070

    Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 7

    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    InnerFlame – {Your update is here.}

    Kaisap112

    You and Kitty were staring in the face of danger, and indeed, the jaws of anger as a Croconaw was bearing down on you, its Leer adding on to your fear of it and lowering Kitty’s defenses as it leapt out of the water and onto dry land, continuing to run towards you. It was hard, but Kitty plucked up the courage needed to spit out Seeds… slower than a speeding Bullet, but still fast enough to knock Croconaw back twice, the latter hit damaging the croc twice as much as the first one. You try to explain to Croconaw that you wanted to help, even bringing out your Seel, Minori, to help translate, but that last attack sent Croconaw into too much of a seething Rage that there was no way it would heed your pleas to calm down. It was now close enough to attack Kitty, and it did so, clawing in Kitty’s general direction and hitting her only a few times but dealing some decent damage to her. It didn’t look like it would calm down any time soon, but it was using up lots of energy attacking so randomly.

    What will Noriko do?




    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress – {Your update is here.}


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    Looking for Berries, you bumped into some… and by that, I mean you bumped into a Beedrill holding some. You run off screaming like a little girl and find yourself… not pursued by the Beedrill as you run out into the meadow. That’s strange, you expected that Beedrill to come chasing after you like ticked off Beedrill usually would. After a minute, you hear the buzzing again; ah, now it decides to come chasing after you. No wait, you see it fly over you, holding a much smaller handful of Berries than it did before, and disappear into the trees on the other side of the meadow. After a while, you see the Beedrill again, heading back over to where you met it before and then back to the other side again, holding another smaller pile of Berries. Curiouser and curiouser. You head back to check and see if maybe the Poison Bee left any Berries behind, but if it did, you couldn’t find any, so you’re left with thinking back to what happened. That was one strange Beedrill. It obviously had a reason for not attacking you and focusing instead on carrying those Berries somewhere, and maybe it was worth looking into.

    What will Joshua do?


    Jolteonjak

    When dealing with Berry-thieving Beedrill, you needed to have a good sense of teamwork, and so far you, your Pokemon, and a Teddiursa had it. Your Heracross, not so much, but you told him you had something special in mind for him depending on how this next volley of attacks turned out. And you were just about to find out how the battle would continue.

    The Beedrill had suffered considerably on their side already, but they were ready to launch their counterattack, starting with the first Beedrill, the one who had fallen for the Teddiursa’s tricks. It wanted to get back at Teddiursa hard, so it turns to using two good thrusts with its stingers for its signature Twineedle attack. Both jabs hit her for some decent damage, but luckily no poison was injected. The second one attacks Cyndaquil again, this time preferring a Poison Sting attack from a distance; the father away it was from those flames on his back, the better. The last one had been observing the battle, but it was now time to get into the fray, attacking your Numel, who had not been attacked yet, with its own Twineedle. Thanks to Numel’s resistance, it didn’t deal a lot of damage, and he avoided getting poisoned too. Cyndaquil then focused his Extrasensory powers toward the weakened Beedrill’s mind, but in his attempt he strained a little too much and the attack misfired, though he avoided dealing damage to himself. That’s when Teddiursa smelled something… ooh, the Beedrill that attacked her has honey dripping down its torso. That’s probably a good excuse to latch on to the Poison Bee and Lick it, right? The unfortunate Beedrill screams out with a shiver down its spine as Teddiursa steals the honey from its body (it was saving that honey for later!), causes extreme discomfort, and deals a little damage to it, all in one. Meanwhile, Numel started to realize he was taking damage and Curled himself into a ball to Defend himself from future attacks.

    Having been deceived and assaulted, it was about time to take some revenge, and now that Beedrill was able to inspect its cute attacker, the Bug knew just how to get it. It gave Teddiursa a hug with its stinger arms and started nibbling into the Little Bear until its mouth found the Pecha Berry Teddiursa had stashed in her fur and Bit into it in earnest. It was so nice of Teddiursa to save that poison-curing Berry just so a Poison-type like Beedrill could eat it. The berry tasted pretty sweet too! At the same time, Teddiursa definitely didn’t want any more honey from this bug. She screamed and squirmed to try to get away from it, but your Pokemon were a little preoccupied with the other two Beedrill to rescue her. While Cyndaquil was hit by Twineedle, though avoided the poison, Numel became the victim of his Beedrill’s Fury Attack, getting hit three times, two of those hits getting Numel in some more sensitive places. Cyndaquil then notices Teddiursa under attack and summons multiple orbs of Ice energy, sending them straight at the Beedrill for solid damage. The Beedrill shrieks in pain as it lets go of the Teddiursa, who now has fire in her eyes instead of water. In her Fury, she jumps at the Beedrill’s face and gets five good Swipes, each hit dealing minor damage, but they add up. Meanwhile, Numel finds that the Beedrill that attacked him is close enough to bowl over with his Rollout attack, clipping it by the side.

    The three Beedrill each have about the same amount of energy, but out of all three of them, the one that has been locking horns with Teddiursa has taken the most damage; one or two good special attacks would finish it off. The other two have about twice as much health as the first one. Numel has the most health and should be the most protected against the Beedrill’s attacks, whereas Teddiursa and Cyndaquil each have about 20% less health than Numel. Numel has the least amount of energy but is still above 60% energy, with Teddiursa having about as much energy and Cyndaquil with the most energy out of all the combatants.

    What will Chad do?


    Megh – {You needed to link to here for your Antidote and here for your Pecha Berry, but since I knew about them, I'll let it slide. Please link to any items you use in the future; the only reason I'm not complaining about the Pokeball was because you gave me the link to it earlier. Thanks for your cooperation! =)}

    Trying to keep Jake from turning into kitty soup for a Spinarak, you used Lyla as bug bait, and it worked, and Lyla got in a good hit too. Now you had a chance to free your partner, and you took it in earnest. It would take a little time to get Jake—and yourself—unstuck from the silky deathtrap; meanwhile, Spinarak wrapped a couple of loops of silk around Lyla and started the Constriction process on her. It only dealt minute damage, but Lyla started to feel a little uncomfortable. Still, she’d have to hang in there while you free Jake and administer your Antidote to take care of the poison. Spinarak continues Constricting Lyla, but now it’s her turn to get assistance in the form of your Pecha Berry and Jake’s snapping the line Spinarak was using to pull on the strings.

    Now that your Pokemon were free of silk and poison, you were ready to get into the battle and hope you could end it quickly. Jake and Lyla run in to attack the spider, Jake being first, with his Scratch digging deep into Spinarak’s flesh and uses his Technician smarts to cause further damage to its abdomen. Jake then jumps out of the way of Lyla’s path as she bravely Tackles straight into her enemy for some more damage. With Spinarak below half health, you figure now is the time to throw your Pokeball, and hopefully you can successfully catch this silk mistress and end the battle. There’s the toss… it makes direct contact off of where Lyla sent it with her Tackle and sucks it up inside. The Pokeball closes and lands on the ground, shaking once… twice… thrice… PING! You pick up the newly occupied Pokeball and look at the web. It still looks mostly pristine, but now that you’ve evicted the Lv. 5 Female Spinarak from her home, it stands there waiting for another spider to find it and move in.

    You took a risk and threw your Pokeball earlier than I thought you would, but hey, you surprised me and got lucky. So, I hereby reward you with your first zone capture and, in effect, your entry into the Egg House. Make sure that when you collect your first egg, you provide a link to your reply to this update in which you claim your new Pokemon. In the meantime, take good care of this beautiful spider! So, what will Megh do?



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    Another memory of yours resurfaced while your new friend, Leah, was locked in a battle against a hive of Combee and their imperialistic queen. “Frinth, are you all right?” you hear her say as you snap out of your memory and back into reality, “I need your help, please!” With that, you call out your orders to Trick and make the claim that you will capture your opponent, the female Combee. Leah then gives her orders: “Ludicolo, please use Rain Dance, then Fake Out so Trick can focus on the target!”

    The Combee got their orders from Vespiquen as well, and they were quicker on the draw, using their wings to blow a Sweet, pleasant smell your way. The Scent was proving to be irresistible to both Trick and Ludicolo… until Ludicolo did a traditional Dance passed down by generations of Ludicolo. Rain clouds were summoned, and the resulting drizzle washed away the Sweet Scent before your Pokemon’s evasion skills suffered. It also started to get everything wet, including the Combee, which brought precious nutrients for Trick to Absorb to the surface. Sure, Combee was doubly resistant to the Treecko’s attack, but getting energy back in the form of honey-flavored goodness… Mmm, mm, makes a Wood Gecko wish he could have more!

    Seeing as how the Sweet Scent didn’t incapacitate Ludicolo, the Combee turn back to offense. All seven of the Combee are whipping up their Gust attacks this time, but Ludicolo has other plans. He rushes up to the hive, who are ready to attack once he gets close enough, but he stops suddenly and claps his hands, causing all of them to reel back. Only slightly, but it would be enough of a distraction as it’s Trick’s turn to rush at the Combee, without any fear of them attacking. He raises his fist, gathers electrical energy generated from the storm, and releases it on the female Combee in a mighty, Thunderous Punch that sends her reeling. Trick scored a clean hit that, while it caused no paralysis, instantly took out almost a third of the Combee’s health. You could see Vespiquen was impressed by the attack, but with the rain starting to come down a little harder, you sensed she still perceived Ludicolo as the bigger threat while Ludicolo’s Dish collected Rain, bringing him back to full health and almost full energy. Trick was still completely healthy, having not been attacked yet, but that may change as the female Combee started to take that attack personally. Luckily, the rain also served to restore a little of Trick’s energy, though not nearly as much as what Ludicolo was getting.

    What will Frinth do?


    Dead Forest


    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette

    In your excitement to study the venomous earth around here, you found yourself stuck in the eerie mire, your boots continuing to make a squishy sound as they sunk further into the earth. Fortunately, Sangre was there to help you out, grabbing you by the waist and trying to use his Flight to pull you out. However, it doesn’t quite seem like Sangre’s able to pull you out at all. That’s when you notice the muddy hands that are also around your waist, trying to pull you down. You call on your trusted partner, Minerva, so you can have her “rea-son with some-thing that clear-ly wants to kill you”. She goes down and tries to talk with what she first thinks is just dirt and mud, but then has that thought disproved when she hears a groggy voice talk back to her: “PLEAAAAAAGH… HELMM MHEEEE!!” She could feel the sludge trying to swallow her, but of course, she was ethereal at the time, so resurfacing to escape it was nothing.

    Minerva regales you about the “lov-e-ly cry for help” she heard down in the soil, but sees that Sangre’s wings aren’t enough to beat the monster’s strength and pull you out, so she helps out too. After about five minutes of tugging, with you as human bait, your Pokemon are finally able to pull you out, but the slime hands still grasp your legs firmly. As they pull further, the sludge body rises up until you can see the Sludge’s eyes and toxic mouth surface. “MUUUUUUUUUUUK!” you hear it roar, and you turn your head only to see it spit out a huge ball of Sludge right at Sangre. It explodes like a Bomb all over the three of you, but the one to take damage was your Crobat, although you and Minerva do get some more mud on you. Looks like it’s time for a down and dirty battle with a Muk!

    What will Minerva do?

    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 25th July 2012 at 7:27 AM. Reason: Forgot the title

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Dead Forest


    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette

    In your excitement to study the venomous earth around here, you found yourself stuck in the eerie mire, your boots continuing to make a squishy sound as they sunk further into the earth. Fortunately, Sangre was there to help you out, grabbing you by the waist and trying to use his Flight to pull you out. However, it doesn’t quite seem like Sangre’s able to pull you out at all. That’s when you notice the muddy hands that are also around your waist, trying to pull you down. You call on your trusted partner, Minerva, so you can have her “rea-son with some-thing that clear-ly wants to kill you”. She goes down and tries to talk with what she first thinks is just dirt and mud, but then has that thought disproved when she hears a groggy voice talk back to her: “PLEAAAAAAGH… HELMM MHEEEE!!” She could feel the sludge trying to swallow her, but of course, she was ethereal at the time, so resurfacing to escape it was nothing.

    Minerva regales you about the “lov-e-ly cry for help” she heard down in the soil, but sees that Sangre’s wings aren’t enough to beat the monster’s strength and pull you out, so she helps out too. After about five minutes of tugging, with you as human bait, your Pokemon are finally able to pull you out, but the slime hands still grasp your legs firmly. As they pull further, the sludge body rises up until you can see the Sludge’s eyes and toxic mouth surface. “MUUUUUUUUUUUK!” you hear it roar, and you turn your head only to see it spit out a huge ball of Sludge right at Sangre. It explodes like a Bomb all over the three of you, but the one to take damage was your Crobat, although you and Minerva do get some more mud on you. Looks like it’s time for a down and dirty battle with a Muk!

    What will Minerva do?

    Finally free of her muddy prison, Marion thanks Sangre and Minerva for their help before realizing that the slime still has a firm grip on her legs. "What the..." Marion starts, before realizing that she is being held captive by a rather large Muk! The creature unleashes a sludge bomb at the trio, and while the three end up covered in mud, Sangre takes the brunt of the damage. Angry and ready to defend his honor, Sangre immediately prepares himself for battle, with Marion quick to give orders to her battle-ready Crobat. "Sangre, assail your foe's senses! Impair its hearing with your ear-piercing Screech, and put a damper on its vision with your Confuse Ray. Once his senses have been dulled, go at him full-force with a Zen Headbutt! I know you can do it, love!" Marion cheers her Pokemon on as he loyally follows her orders; after all, it took a very deep bond between the two for Sangre to have evolved in the first place, and for all of Sangre's brutish thoughts and actions, he would not betray his trainer and her wishes. Besides, this Muk threw mud at him! How incredibly disrespectful! This means war.

    As Sangre goes to work attacking the Muk, Marion whispers to Minerva in Banette language; Min, do you think that someone might be inside the Muk? Would you be able to check?

    Are you completely mad, my girl? The Muk is battling Sangre. Even if a creature was trapped inside, it is about to get mauled. Better I keep you safe than some flailing corpse.

    Marion gives Minerva a bit of a puppy-dog look, complete with pout. Pleeee-

    I'll take a quick look, but I am not taking my eyes off of you. Minerva tries to covertly float around the Muk, checking for signs of any life that may be trapped in the Muk's body. As promised, however, she always has one eye on Marion, ensuring that the Muk doesn't try anything funny with her trainer.
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 6th July 2012 at 4:21 AM.

    [FB || PASBL]

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •