Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 326

Thread: Astoria - The Enchanted Forest

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post


    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    Another memory of yours resurfaced while your new friend, Leah, was locked in a battle against a hive of Combee and their imperialistic queen. “Frinth, are you all right?” you hear her say as you snap out of your memory and back into reality, “I need your help, please!” With that, you call out your orders to Trick and make the claim that you will capture your opponent, the female Combee. Leah then gives her orders: “Ludicolo, please use Rain Dance, then Fake Out so Trick can focus on the target!”

    The Combee got their orders from Vespiquen as well, and they were quicker on the draw, using their wings to blow a Sweet, pleasant smell your way. The Scent was proving to be irresistible to both Trick and Ludicolo… until Ludicolo did a traditional Dance passed down by generations of Ludicolo. Rain clouds were summoned, and the resulting drizzle washed away the Sweet Scent before your Pokemon’s evasion skills suffered. It also started to get everything wet, including the Combee, which brought precious nutrients for Trick to Absorb to the surface. Sure, Combee was doubly resistant to the Treecko’s attack, but getting energy back in the form of honey-flavored goodness… Mmm, mm, makes a Wood Gecko wish he could have more!

    Seeing as how the Sweet Scent didn’t incapacitate Ludicolo, the Combee turn back to offense. All seven of the Combee are whipping up their Gust attacks this time, but Ludicolo has other plans. He rushes up to the hive, who are ready to attack once he gets close enough, but he stops suddenly and claps his hands, causing all of them to reel back. Only slightly, but it would be enough of a distraction as it’s Trick’s turn to rush at the Combee, without any fear of them attacking. He raises his fist, gathers electrical energy generated from the storm, and releases it on the female Combee in a mighty, Thunderous Punch that sends her reeling. Trick scored a clean hit that, while it caused no paralysis, instantly took out almost a third of the Combee’s health. You could see Vespiquen was impressed by the attack, but with the rain starting to come down a little harder, you sensed she still perceived Ludicolo as the bigger threat while Ludicolo’s Dish collected Rain, bringing him back to full health and almost full energy. Trick was still completely healthy, having not been attacked yet, but that may change as the female Combee started to take that attack personally. Luckily, the rain also served to restore a little of Trick’s energy, though not nearly as much as what Ludicolo was getting.

    What will Frinth do?


    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125

    "Leah, Please let me catch at least one of them, If I don't get this one. Treecko! One more Thunderpunch, Pound then Here's a pokeball when possible!"[1/10]

    Excitement drastically welled up inside his spirit, as it would have been the first official Pokemon Battle he might have been in. Yet He had only noticed now, but Leah's stance seemed to remind him of another memory...

    It was a seemingly cloudy day, and a certain animated series which featured people with the ability to control one of four elements was showed in a small, flat screen right in the curved palms of an oddly focused person. Yet Some daffodils seemed to grow along the sidewalk, sprouting in a uniform manner before training themselves toward the pair. "Lit, Get your flame ready." said the initial one, referring to the other. "Alright."

    All the daffodils clumped together, forming what seemed to be a narrow beam building up gradually around the formation. Just as Lit formed his hand into a drill-shaped cone of ice, a burst of a single flash revealing, a hole pierced into the ground, revealing an unstable power source... An elderly Bipedal figure appeared from the side, one entirely blue with some red flakes lining what might have been his spine, down his Tail.

    "Atsithku. Great timing. Could you please bring us to the Galaxian capital world? We have to complete something there, and we're probably going to die if we don't go now!!!"Lit Exclaimed. Atsithku only smiled, and the memory faded into severe light.

    "I'm fine. Let us continue then." Frinth returned to his position watching closely, yet observing from a safe distance.
    Last edited by Coolz8; 11th July 2012 at 11:59 AM.

  2. #127
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    Kaisap112

    You and Kitty were staring in the face of danger, and indeed, the jaws of anger as a Croconaw was bearing down on you, its Leer adding on to your fear of it and lowering Kitty’s defenses as it leapt out of the water and onto dry land, continuing to run towards you. It was hard, but Kitty plucked up the courage needed to spit out Seeds… slower than a speeding Bullet, but still fast enough to knock Croconaw back twice, the latter hit damaging the croc twice as much as the first one. You try to explain to Croconaw that you wanted to help, even bringing out your Seel, Minori, to help translate, but that last attack sent Croconaw into too much of a seething Rage that there was no way it would heed your pleas to calm down. It was now close enough to attack Kitty, and it did so, clawing in Kitty’s general direction and hitting her only a few times but dealing some decent damage to her. It didn’t look like it would calm down any time soon, but it was using up lots of energy attacking so randomly.

    What will Noriko do?
    Kitty was shaking with fear as the Croconaw leaped out of the water, sproting a very scary Leer on its face. Even with Noriko’s command very clear in her head, Kitty only barely managed to shoot Bullet Seed at the Croconaw rushing her way. The first seeds lacked the necessary bullet to cause a lot of damage, but the second splash knocked the croc of a Pokémon twice as hard.

    Noriko started falling into despair, her words falling on deaf ears as Croconaw started acting on his Rage – clawing at Kitty, even though it seemed to miss more than hit. Kitty's lowered defenses were still a reason for concern. There really wouldn’t be any other choice than to battle. Noriko was painfully aware that her Pokémon were mere babes compared to the big Croconaw, their levels and move pools low. But if they were really going to fight…

    “Minori, return!” With a red light, Minori disappeared back into his ball. Noriko picked out another Pokéball. “Elmira, your turn! Help Kitty out!”

    Out of the ball came a Shinx who immediately started hissing at the Croconaw threatening her best friend. Around the same level with Kitty, the two could actually stand a chance against Croconaw together – or so Noriko hoped. Two little ones against one big guy was the best idea she could come up with though. She’d have Elmira attack up close while Kitty could keep her distance and act as back-up. “Alright you two, I need you to work together. Kitty, get out of Croconaw’s reach and use Bullet Seed again! Elmira, you use Leer and then Tackle!"

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pyroland.
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post

    Megh – {You needed to link to here for your Antidote and here for your Pecha Berry, but since I knew about them, I'll let it slide. Please link to any items you use in the future; the only reason I'm not complaining about the Pokeball was because you gave me the link to it earlier. Thanks for your cooperation! =)}

    Trying to keep Jake from turning into kitty soup for a Spinarak, you used Lyla as bug bait, and it worked, and Lyla got in a good hit too. Now you had a chance to free your partner, and you took it in earnest. It would take a little time to get Jake—and yourself—unstuck from the silky deathtrap; meanwhile, Spinarak wrapped a couple of loops of silk around Lyla and started the Constriction process on her. It only dealt minute damage, but Lyla started to feel a little uncomfortable. Still, she’d have to hang in there while you free Jake and administer your Antidote to take care of the poison. Spinarak continues Constricting Lyla, but now it’s her turn to get assistance in the form of your Pecha Berry and Jake’s snapping the line Spinarak was using to pull on the strings.

    Now that your Pokemon were free of silk and poison, you were ready to get into the battle and hope you could end it quickly. Jake and Lyla run in to attack the spider, Jake being first, with his Scratch digging deep into Spinarak’s flesh and uses his Technician smarts to cause further damage to its abdomen. Jake then jumps out of the way of Lyla’s path as she bravely Tackles straight into her enemy for some more damage. With Spinarak below half health, you figure now is the time to throw your Pokeball, and hopefully you can successfully catch this silk mistress and end the battle. There’s the toss… it makes direct contact off of where Lyla sent it with her Tackle and sucks it up inside. The Pokeball closes and lands on the ground, shaking once… twice… thrice… PING! You pick up the newly occupied Pokeball and look at the web. It still looks mostly pristine, but now that you’ve evicted the Lv. 5 Female Spinarak from her home, it stands there waiting for another spider to find it and move in.

    You took a risk and threw your Pokeball earlier than I thought you would, but hey, you surprised me and got lucky. So, I hereby reward you with your first zone capture and, in effect, your entry into the Egg House. Make sure that when you collect your first egg, you provide a link to your reply to this update in which you claim your new Pokemon. In the meantime, take good care of this beautiful spider! So, what will Megh do?

    "Alright!!" Megh cries as she triumphantly holds the Poke Ball above her head like a warrior wielding a powerful sword. "I'm gonna name you... Kiki!"
    Megh presses the button on the ball and the tired little troublemaker appears, hissing and clicking her pincers.

    "Hey, it's okay, girl..." Megh holds out her hand and the little Pokemon scurries over and perches there, before falling asleep, exhausted by its efforts. Megh giggles. "Alright then, I guess you'l have to ride up on my shoulder," she says, plopping the spider up on her right shoulder.
    "After all, It's far too nice out to be cooped up in a ball." She turns and walks back out into the field, and can't help feeling mighty proud, walking through a field of trainers with her first catch.

    "I think that's enough adventure for a while, isn't it?" Her other two Pokemon nod, clearly exhausted as well. Megh rolls up the picnic blanket as Lyla drags various items such as Megh's books, empty cups, and plates over to the picnic basket, and Jake eats any remaining morsels in sight.
    "Well, time to go home now."

    Kiki would certainly take some time to get acquainted with everyone, but Megh had a feeling it'd all work out, as she patted the spider that was contently chewing on her shirt.

    (End of updates/adventure/session/whatever it's called)

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yamaku Academy
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Astoria
    The Enchanted Forest

    Dead Forest
    Avoided like the plague, the Dead Forest stands out as being the most dangerous segment of the Island. Cursed by the malevolent Witchdoctors of the past, it was said they turned this once thriving paradise into a barren swamp. Deadly bugs and poisonous predators are known to inhabit this marshy area and poison seeps through the trees harming anyone or anything that touches them. Cast under the great shadow of Mt. Eyrie, only the brave dare enter this jagged terrain and not so many return.

    Areas:
    Toxic Marsh: Inhabited by countless bugs, the filth spewing from this marshy area is almost as disgusting as the rancid stench festering it. Covered by a thick blanket of fog, the marsh is almost impossible to navigate through. However, should you find yourself to the witchdoctor's old temple, the mysterious rewards are certain to make your venture less regrettable.

    "This is it, Cherry! We have arrived at The Divine Woodlands!" Shiro said exitedly while looking at an old map he had bought earlier. He had a wide grin on his face, but his grin faded as he took his eyes off the map, and looked at the surroundings instead.
    "H-huh? Didn't the guide say that The Divine Woodlands would have diamond blue lakes, lush green forests and such? This looks like the complete opposite!" Shiro muttered, but decided to step further into this mysterious area.

    After walking for a while, Shiro arrived near a small pool of toxic, with Cherry safely sitting in a latte brown child carrier that was placed in front of Shiro.
    "This doesn't look drinkable to me..." Shiro thought to himself as he crouched to take a better look at the small pool of toxic.
    "We should head back fast before it gets dark, right, Cherry?" Shiro asked as calmly as he could.
    Cherry looked enthusiastically around for a while, and eventually nodded.
    "Alright then, it's settled." Shiro shouted as he rose up, and turned to the direction from which he came from, or so he thought.
    "Wh-Where did this fog come from? I can't see a thing!" Shiro thought.
    He turned around to go back to the small pool of toxic, and sat near it.
    "W-w-We have to stay here for a while now, so let's survive this fog. And what's with this horrible smell?" He said nervously, and crept into a ball, trying his best to keep Cherry warm.

  5. #130
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Eyrie Peak


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    Looking for Berries, you bumped into some… and by that, I mean you bumped into a Beedrill holding some. You run off screaming like a little girl and find yourself… not pursued by the Beedrill as you run out into the meadow. That’s strange, you expected that Beedrill to come chasing after you like ticked off Beedrill usually would. After a minute, you hear the buzzing again; ah, now it decides to come chasing after you. No wait, you see it fly over you, holding a much smaller handful of Berries than it did before, and disappear into the trees on the other side of the meadow. After a while, you see the Beedrill again, heading back over to where you met it before and then back to the other side again, holding another smaller pile of Berries. Curiouser and curiouser. You head back to check and see if maybe the Poison Bee left any Berries behind, but if it did, you couldn’t find any, so you’re left with thinking back to what happened. That was one strange Beedrill. It obviously had a reason for not attacking you and focusing instead on carrying those Berries somewhere, and maybe it was worth looking into.

    What will Joshua do?
    Back in the meadow, little had changed, and Joshua dived for the ground as soon as he was out of the foliage. Nothing happened. The Beedrill had gone? Huh. That almost never happened. In his experience, Beedrills relentlessly pursued those who wronged them, including anyone who so much as looked at them funny. Something was clearly wrong here. Eventually however, it flew out of the trees, and he braced himself for yet another battle... But it ignored him again. The Beedrill, now carrying another pile of berries, flew overhead, across the meadow and into another group of trees. Huh. Well, clearly it had some kind of purpose in mind... After a quick forage in case it had dropped any (unfortunately not), Joshua set off after the bee, purely out of curiosity.

    He really hoped this wouldn't lead to him burning down this part of the forest too...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #6

    Charminions and TutorX, I am working on your updates, and they should be up tomorrow. I wanted to get something posted since I said I would (albeit a few hours late). Everyone else, enjoy.

    The Island
    ~Island Ports~ -> ~Shaman River~

    Mon1010: The thwarted theft of the Moo Moo Ice Cream was cause for celebration, but it was only short-lived. The thief in question awakened from its nap and ran off swiping a jar of honey. Frank watched the third theft occur, and as you prepared to follow the Little Bear into the woods, he lent you his Pokemon Ranger Alert device in the event of something sinister.

    "By the way," Frank stopped and called out to you, "many of the Pokemon around here live around Shaman River. Maybe you should start there." He continued walking away.

    Taking Frank's advice, you left town and walked along a path to the river. Being a major source for commerce, the path to the river was paved with stone; so it was easy to follow. Walking along the path you noticed that most of the area around you was shrouded with trees. You veered from the path in order to follow the river into the forest. After many yards of walking along the river's edge, you decided that the bear Pokemon won't be found along the river. You reflected on the Teddiursa's dream you saw. The Little Bear Pokemon were further in the forest not near the river in a clearing. You thought it might be best to try to find that spot to see if they were still there. You stopped for a moment to make a plan. You would still follow the river, but you'd first travel deeper in the forest then make sure you would continue such that the river would always be on your left.

    Along your walk in the forest, you're startled by the sound of some rustling in the woods. Thinking it could be the Teddiursa, you planned to follow the rustling and catch the little thief. The rustling continued, and you followed it from bush to bush until finally it stopped at a thick patch of bushes. Looking at the bushes, it seemed to you that they were arranged as some sort of cover.

    Treading cautiously, you slowly approached the bush cover. Spotting a hole you peeked in and began crawling in, with Shaana sitting on your back. Looking inside you spotted a long white creature with long brown stripes. Luckily the Linoone hasn't seen you. You saw it carrying something in its mouth. It appeared to be a twig of some bluish berries; you counted four of them. In the Linoone's den, you also saw three smaller brown and white creatures lying on the floor. They weren't moving at the sight of the Linoone; the Zigzagoon actually seemed to be in pain. You couldn't tell with their wavy brown and white fur, but the Zigzagoon children were all suffering from burns. The Linoone laid the twig of Rawst Berries on the floor picking one off to give to each of its Tiny Racoon children.

    You are immediately reminded of the Teddiursa's dream, and the Ursaring that was badly burnt. Things were starting to come together as you watched the Zigzagoon eat their berries.

    As you shifted your leg, a twig snapped, and that alerted the Linoone to your presence. The Rush Pokemon gathered up its children and put them on its back. The Linoone then ran out of the den through another portal leaving the area empty. You didn't mean to startle them; but with how quickly it reacted, you couldn't have stopped them if you wanted. On the floor of the den lie a single Rawst Berry, still on the twig. Perhaps it would behoove you to hold onto this berry in the event you might need it for -

    All of a sudden, "Pommmmm!" a loud scream interrupted your thoughts. Could it be whatever is responsible for injuring the Zigzagoon and the Ursaring? You could tell that the direction of the scream came from further in the forest in the same direction you were originally travelling.

    What will you do?



    Special Instructions: Please be aware you are now adventuring in Shaman River. Also if you decide to take the berry please make sure to post after your reply indicating you took the berry (like claiming a prize from the Casino or something).

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    myahoo: The storm is getting louder, and it sweeps in some Pidove flying wildly and disoriented. The loud chorus of their Echoing Voices shakes up the cave and all those in it. You sit on a rock, injured, with Wildfire in your lap taking cover from the commotion all around you. With the storm not letting up any time soon, you decide to go check on those Tiny Pidgeons to see if you can help. You take the branch you used earlier, and you stand with it. Most of the pain has subsided; however, putting weight on your ankle still hurts a lot.

    You begin your journey further into the cave with Wildfire by your side. You stress the importance of staying nearby to keep the area well lit, and Wildfire fervently obeys. As you walk inward, there is a brief moment of silence; being about as far away from the storm as you are from the battle you expected to hear traces of. You press on, and all of a sudden you hear a boom, perhaps a crash. The rumbling ceases, and you begin to hear a soft cooing noise. Moving cautiously now, you continue to hear the cooing getting slightly louder. You sense the presence of another individual nearby.

    The flames radiating off Wildfire's back shine in the tunnel, and you peer further in to see a little lump lying on the ground. You slowly approach the small shadow, and your Cyndaquil's light fills in the color to reveal one of the Pidove on the ground. Wildfire is the first on the scene as he checks out the bird. With your limited range of motion, you don't see any visible damage. The Pidove arouses, as if it were awakened by your presence. It looks around, and immediately notices it's in a cave. It begins to speak. Wildfire listens to it and tries to relay the message to you. He pats the ground three times, and then he flaps his arms. Next he spins around haphazardly changing directions. He walks over to the wall of the tunnel, still flapping his arms, and he taps his head, gently, on it. He points to the Pidove, and then he just shrugs.

    "Starrrrrr!" you hear from further down the tunnel. You also hear some rather loud cooing. The Pidove looks a little worried.

    Seeing this, you bend over to it, as comfortably as you can, and you explain to it in which direction the exit is. The Pidove nods and gets on its feet and begins to walk away. You watch the Tiny Pidgeon walk away fading, once again, into the darkness. Turning around you and Wildfire press on.

    You continue walking in the tunnel, hearing various noises from time to time. It seems the battle, Wildfire told you about is still going on. You think again about not moving on; but then the thought of the other two Pidove enters your mind, and you keep walking. The noises get louder all get louder, the different sets of bird calls and the grunting and crashing. Further up you start to see some faint light, bluish in color. You look to Wildfire, who returns a nod to you, and you warn him to be more cautious. Slow and steady, you make your way towards the light with the crashing sounds startling you every so often.

    As you approach the mouth to the cavern you begin to see streaks of grey fly by. Before entering you rest briefly, as hobbling on a crutch took a lot out of you. You hear a woman's voice, "Wings, use Hidden Power!"

    You and Wildfire peek into the room, and you see a larger grey and white bird with a curl on its head on one side and a woman behind that Staravia. On the other side you see a small lake in the corner and also what appears to be a dark-colored rock with three legs and glowing blue crystals on it. You see the Staravia glowing a faint orange glow, and it flies directly at the Boldore. Little orange orbs expel from the Starling Pokemon, and they land all around Boldore, most of them colliding with it. The force of the attack knocks Boldore off its feet briefly, but it gets back up. The Staravia, flies over by the lake and hovers there.

    Boldore turns to face the Staravia now. The blue gems all over its body begin to flash in varying intensities. Rays fire from the gems, converge at one central location for more power and fire at Staravia. "Dodge that Wings!" the woman yells. Wings, a little slow to react, flaps its wings to fly up over the attack, but unfortunately its feet get catch some of the ray. Staravia calls out in pain, and falters a bit; but recovers well enough from not taking the full brunt of the attack. "Wings, stay right there, and use Hidden Power!" You wonder why she orders it not to move, but when you see Staravia start to glow blue you see why. Staravia's glowing also seems to have stirred up the waters of the lake. Orbs of the Hidden Power, along with some orbs of the lake water, shoot through the air pelting Boldore all over, once again knocking the Ore Pokemon off its feet.

    Staravia flies over to its trainer's side, and you notice the pair seem to be guarding something. The Boldore notices this too. Boldore powers up another attack, and it seems to be aiming for the back corner of the cavern. "It's going to attack," the woman says to you. "Please help us protect these Pidove." It seems you found the other two Pidove cowering in the corner shivering.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------


    OkikuMew: While adventuring through the wooded area of Adventure Path, you imagine what different types of Pokemon could be around and available for you to capture. You approach a cabin in the distance you spotted earlier hoping to get some tips. Getting closer to the cabin, you suddenly hear a man ordering his Scyther to use Cut. The Mantis Pokemon readies its attack and executes.

    Relying on instincts you immediately react and order Max to dodge. The Scyther's cut attack slashes right through a tree, and it begins to fall, towards you. The man who ordered the Scyther's attack jumps out from behind another tree as it slowly tips over and pushes you out of the way just before it could fall on you. He, on the other hand, was not so fortunate. The tree tips over landing on the man's leg. "My leg!" the man yells loudly. Immediately his Scyther rushes to his side. "Scyther," he speaks in between howls of pain, "I want you to use cut on the tree on one side of my leg, then the other."

    The Scyther nods and prepares its attack. The first slice cuts clean through liberating the root end from the rest of the tree. Scyther takes another moment to focus, and the second slice also cuts through the on the other side of the man's leg. Only a small log remained on his leg, which he was able to nudge off. He tries to stand, but any weight he puts on his injured leg results in screaming pain. "Please," he says to you, sounding a little weak. "Please help me to my cabin."

    A little hesitant at first, you grab one of the man's arms; afterall, he did save you. Scyther pokes its head through his armpit. With the two of you propping the man up, you all slowly walk up to the cabin. You enter the cabin, and Scyther directs you to the man's bed. You get him on his bed sitting up. "Thank you," he says. "And are you alright?" The man leans over to look at his injury. Touching anywhere below his knee sends pain throughout his body. "I hope it's not broken," he sighs. "It's a long way to a hospital."

    By now you've spotted the man's work space, and you see what appear to be large white berries cut in half and hollowed out. You also see some other various tools on the bench. You look back at the man, who has now stopped fussing over his injury and is now watching you. "You may recognize what those are. They're White Apricorns," he explains. "My name is Andersen, and my Scyther and I are from Ecruteak City in the Johto region. I worked under Kurt's teachings for many years, learning the art of Apricorn Pokeball crafting. We came to Eyrie Peak for a vacation, when we discovered numerous Apricorn trees over at Posy Field. I decided to take up residence in the area to produce Pokeballs of my own to sell at the resorts here. I was getting ready to make some Fast Balls when I began running low on firewood. So Scyther and me went to the woods to gather some," he says wincing, "and you know the rest."

    You look at Andersen and at his leg. You can tell his ankle is swollen. "After this batch, I was heading back out to Posy Field to collect some more Apricorns. The trees should have one ripe Apricorn on each of them." He tries to stand, but his ankle won't support his weight. "Looks like I won't be able to make the trip. Son of a Pichu! I promised the Island Port city three dozen Pokeballs by the end of the month. At this rate, I'll only have two dozen ready." Anderson looks at you, "I don't suppose you would be able to go in my place, would you?"

    Andersen hops over to his bookcase and grabs a map. "See here, Posy Field is not far from here at all," he explains pointing to a spot on the map showing flat green space a little ways up the mountain. "It should only take a couple of hours to get there. What do you think?"

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Forgotten Ruins~

    Allishinca: Faced with the decision of which attraction to visit first, you ponder where you are more likely to find some treasure. To your left is a temple leading into a mountain; and to your right you see a colosseum thick with grown ivy and other vines, either location in varying degrees of decay. In Pluto's opinion, he prefered to enter the temple. Your decision overrules; however, and you decide to head over to the colosseum to check it out.

    You walk down a short staircase and along a stone path. While walking you and Pluto get a slight feeling that you're being watched. You look up at the stadium as you approach. It's pretty large even though some of its once grand walls have crumbled through the ages. Without seeing the stone from the walls on the ground, you would bet money that the stadium is green from all the vegetation clinging to the walls. A quick walk around the outer walls shows that there isn't much going on. Looking through some of the few entrances you see an empty field as expected.

    On a whim, you decide to enter the colosseum, just to look around. As you walk down the dark deserted entrance, that slight feeling from before of being watched gets stronger. At the same time, you also start to hear what sounds like cheering. "Turnnnn baaaack," you distinctly hear someone whisper to you amongst the cheering. "Before it'ssss too late, turnnn baaaack...," the voice trails off.

    You continue walking through the dark hallway towards a bright light, cautious about the voice you just heard. At the end of the hallway, squinting your eyes you see the stadium is packed with spectators. You see, in the center, a large green spiky creature. This gargantuan Pokemon appears to be almost reptilian or even a dinosaur. The Tyranitar appears to be waiting for something. You deduce the person behind the Armor Pokemon is its trainer. Moving further in, you see something glistening in the brightness of the stadium. It seems to be a line of shiny sparkly silver rocks, some with spikes. At one end is a point, and the other what appears to be a head. Putting it all together, the trainer behind his motionless Steelix lying on the ground must have lost a battle to the Tyranitar.

    "Will no one else face the great Katsuyori and his Tyranitar in battle?" you hear an announcer speaking. Looking around, you see all of the people, confused, also looking around. What also strikes you as odd, is that inside, the colosseum does not appear to be in any state of disarray or decay.

    "Turnnnn baaaack..." you hear the voice again. "Before it'ssss too late. He hasn't seeeeen youuu, turnnnn baaaack..." You stop what you're doing. Perhaps this might be biting off more than you can chew.

    What will you do?

    ----------------------------------------------------------

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: Your battle seems to have come to a standstill with Volts and Surskit taking cover behind some of the waist-high rocks dotted throughout the cavern. Looking around the cavern you just can’t spot the Surskit. You briefly think to yourself.

    You come up with a plan to begin breaking up some of the rocks to see if you can reveal the Pond Skater. On your command, Volts creates a bag of toxic gunk like before, but this one is slightly smaller due to the speed at which it was created. Volts peeks over the rock to see if Surskit could be seen, and when it couldn’t, he hops on the rock and shoots the toxic bag at a rock in front of both of you. The bag collides with the rock, which causes a small explosion. You see a large portion of the rock is missing, now just dust and gravel on the ground. Volts looks frustrated that Surskit wasn’t revealed, but he realizes that the Gunk Shot was able to destroy the rock. Immediately he begins creating a second Gunk Shot to blow up another rock, but this one takes longer to create for the same smaller size. It seems Volts has used up the last of his Poison energy. This time Volts takes aim, and he throws the toxic gunk as far as he can. The Gunk Shot sails over a couple rocks and is about to hit a rock in the back of the room near the other wall when suddenly a stream of large bubbles flowing like a beam fly out from behind that rock. The bubbles hit the poisonous bag, and they are able to deflect the Gunk Shot enough for it to be redirected to a nearby rock, which in turn explodes from the collision.

    You and Volts can barely make it out, but the force from the explosion throws Surskit back a bit. Surskit immediately scurries behind another rock. Finally knowing its location, you send Volts over to fully reveal it. Volts runs out and while he runs his tail glows and becomes as hard as iron. He swings his tail like sledgehammer on the rock concealing the Surskit, which explodes fiercely, both the EleSquirrel and Pond Skater getting pelted with some shrapnel.

    With limited hiding places, Surskit gets on its feet, showing signs of wear. It jumps straight up in the air, spinning its body swiftly shooting star-shaped rays and quickly following that up with a stream of bubbles. The stars hit your Pachirisu, knocking him back a few feet. The bubbles also hit Volts and the ground around him, stirring up some dust clouding his vision and yours since you couldn’t see Surskit very well to begin with.

    You run over to the dust cloud and try to bat it away. Once it’s gone, you look around the cavern again. In the commotion it caused, Surskit seems to have ducked out of the exit that was near it. Something strikes you as odd. Why does the Surskit keep running out when it seems to have the upper hand?

    What will you do?

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Allishinca: Faced with the decision of which attraction to visit first, you ponder where you are more likely to find some treasure. To your left is a temple leading into a mountain; and to your right you see a Colosseum thick with grown ivy and other vines, either location in varying degrees of decay. In Pluto's opinion, he preferred to enter the temple. Your decision overrules; however, and you decide to head over to the Colosseum to check it out.

    You walk down a short staircase and along a stone path. While walking you and Pluto get a slight feeling that you're being watched. You look up at the stadium as you approach. It's pretty large even though some of its once grand walls have crumbled through the ages. Without seeing the stone from the walls on the ground, you would bet money that the stadium is green from all the vegetation clinging to the walls. A quick walk around the outer walls shows that there isn't much going on. Looking through some of the few entrances you see an empty field as expected.

    On a whim, you decide to enter the Colosseum, just to look around. As you walk down the dark deserted entrance, that slight feeling from before of being watched gets stronger. At the same time, you also start to hear what sounds like cheering. "Turnnnn baaaack," you distinctly hear someone whisper to you amongst the cheering. "Before it'ssss too late, turnnn baaaack...," the voice trails off.

    You continue walking through the dark hallway towards a bright light, cautious about the voice you just heard. At the end of the hallway, squinting your eyes you see the stadium is packed with spectators. You see, in the center, a large green spiky creature. This gargantuan Pokemon appears to be almost reptilian or even a dinosaur. The Tyranitar appears to be waiting for something. You deduce the person behind the Armor Pokemon is its trainer. Moving further in, you see something glistening in the brightness of the stadium. It seems to be a line of shiny sparkly silver rocks, some with spikes. At one end is a point, and the other what appears to be a head. Putting it all together, the trainer behind his motionless Steelix lying on the ground must have lost a battle to the Tyranitar.

    "Will no one else face the great Katsuyori and his Tyranitar in battle?" you hear an announcer speaking. Looking around, you see all of the people, confused, also looking around. What also strikes you as odd, is that inside, the Colosseum does not appear to be in any state of disarray or decay.

    "Turnnnn baaaack..." you hear the voice again. "Before it'ssss too late. He hasn't seeeeen youuu, turnnnn baaaack..." You stop what you're doing. Perhaps this might be biting off more than you can chew.

    What will you do?
    Alli sprang into the Colosseum, while dragging Pluto along behind her. The darkness inside the entrance hall quickly enveloped them, causing Alli's place to slow. The blackness made Alli nervous, and made it harder to navigate. Their pace was slowed further by the small relenting form of Pluto, who was being forcefully lugged along. That horrible feeling of being watched was growing stronger. Pluto found it suffocating, while Alli appeared not to notice, as she was only troubled by the darkness. From deep within the Colosseum, a distance cheer rang.

    "Do you hear something, Pluto?"
    Alli stopped. Pluto growled at an unseen presence.

    One voice spoke out from the crowd:
    "Turnnnn baaaack."

    Alli whirled around. She had heard that all too clearly. Where did that voice come from?
    "Before it'ssss too late, turnnn baaaack..."

    Alli quickly bent down to scoop up Pluto into her arms, as she always did as she was frightened. Pluto craftily dodged her and instead hopped up onto her shoulder. Him going ragdoll now wouldn't help either of them. Alli settled for this and put her hand up behind Pluto's back before proceeding. Noticing a small light ahead, she whispered to Pluto: "We'll just check that out, then get out of here, okay?" Her voice was shaking about as badly as her knees were, making Pluto wonder how long she would last before spontaneously darting like a frightened animal. The two continued forth precariously.

    At the end of the hallway, Alli peeked behind the doorway into the hypethral stadium and her eyes opened wide with wonder. It was packed with spectators, thousands and thousands of them, more than Alli could ever count. Pluto's jaw dropped. Just what was going on here? Alli had expected ghost to be translucent, and thought that they would maybe see only one or two of them, but here was a whole flock of beings that didn't look dead, but instead appeared to be just normal people. "I'll have to write down in my notes that ghost are much less ghost-like in appearance then I originally thought." She said to Pluto.

    Pluto was equally concerned. They had traveled though the Forgotten Ruins without noting sight nor sound of another person, and yet here was a whole bunch of them! Pluto's mind tried to deduce how that could be. Maybe there was only one person behind this farce, and these people were all projections? Pluto searched the stadium for any signs of a projector, but could not find one. He assured himself that this was probably only because he was too far away, but then, could a projector really display all these people in all those different locations at once? Wouldn't there need to be several projectors? And what if they weren't projections, what if they were instead holograms? Did holograms really exist, Pluto wonders, or was that just the stuff of fiction? Pluto wasn't sure, for although he tried to be as logical as possible, he was still rather young, and there was much about human technology that he did not know. Perhaps this was instead a movie set, Pluto though, and they had come here to film it for authenticity reasons. But Pluto couldn't find cameras, either, and although this could also be because they were too far away, Pluto still wondered why he and Alli hadn't noticed the actors around earlier. Pluto grumbled. Nothing about this made sense, and Pluto for one did not like it when things did not make sense.

    Alli, by contrast, never made sense, and simply stood in amazement at the scene out in front of them.

    In the center was a large monstrous creature shielded with spikes. Alli whipped out her Pokedex and tried to scan the creature, but nothing came up. Pluto assumed this was because it was too far away. Alli was sure that it was because this creature a specter. She tried to use her Pokedex again by searched through the "green" category:

    Tyranitar. The Armor Pokemon. Rock/Dark Type.

    "That's it. That's the one." She whispered to Pluto. Pluto watched intently. The Tyranitar stood in the center, awaiting order from its Trainer, who appeared to be behind him. On the ground appeared to be a shiny pile of rocks, until further inspection revealed that this, too, was a Pokemon. Alli searched her Pokedex through the "gray" section and came up with this:

    Steelix. The Iron Snake Pokemon. Steel/Ground Type.

    "That thing is huge Pluto! It's one of the largest Pokemon in the world!" Alli said as she read the information off of her Pokedex. She then noticed another trainer that approached the Steelix. "It must of lost to that Tyrana-thingie."

    "Will no one else face the great Katsuyori and his Tyranitar in battle?" Hollered a booming voice. Alli scanned the crowd, which looked concerned as they, too, gazed about for a new challenger. It was then that the two onlookers noticed the inside of the Colosseum was in perfect condition. It was as though time had stood still for this magical place.

    "Why doesn't the stadium look destroyed?" Alli asked Pluto. Pluto barked some type of noise that indicated his annoyance at the whole situation. "I thought we would only be able to see the ghost in our time, but instead I think we might be seeing them... As they were, back then. It's like we're looking into the past." Pluto didn't agree to any of this.

    "Turnnnn baaaack..." The eerie voice echoes again. "Before it'ssss too late. He hasn't seeeeen youuu, turnnnn baaaack..."
    Alli shuttered at the voice, which she could hear clearly over the crowd.

    "I-I think we should go." She mumbled, as she stepped back slightly. Pluto wouldn't stand for it. He had to know what was going on here. Pluto pounced off of Alli's shoulder and stepped through the doorway. Alli panicked and grabbed Pluto's arm, pulling him back in. Ducking behind the door frame, Alli hoped desperately that they had not been seen. "What are you doing?! What if they see us?!" Pluto snorted a response. "You can't fight a ghost. And even if you could, did you see that Tryana-majig? It was at least six times your size!" Pluto crossed his arms defiantly. "But what about the temple? You thought there might be treasure! Don't you want to go find the treasure?!" Pluto was at least impressed at this response. He always seemed to be manipulating Alli, and she never did seem to catch on, and yet here was a fairly good try and her trying to used said skills against him. Despite the attempt to sway Pluto, he had decided that the jewels would have to wait. Here was a mystery that he wanted to solve. If he didn't figure this mess out right now, he would never know what was really happening in these bizarre ruins, and besides that, Alli would go on for forever about there encounter with the ghosts. Pluto smirked proudly at his trainer, and nodded as though he agreed. Alli sighed in relief, but the second she went to step towards the exit, Pluto darted through her legs and ran out into the field. "...Gah! Pluto!" Alli dashed after him.

    And so Pluto stood confidently in the stadium field. He waited for a shout of "Cut," "Stop the cameras," or "Will someone get that Sableye off the set?" Perhaps the projections would fade, or the hologram would flicker. Anything could happen now, as long as it made some sense. Alli waddled in behind him, and looked up at that large Tryranitar that loomed over them.


    Profile
    Last edited by allishinca; 11th July 2012 at 8:58 PM.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Mystic Jungle

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: Your battle seems to have come to a standstill with Volts and Surskit taking cover behind some of the waist-high rocks dotted throughout the cavern. Looking around the cavern you just can’t spot the Surskit. You briefly think to yourself.

    You come up with a plan to begin breaking up some of the rocks to see if you can reveal the Pond Skater. On your command, Volts creates a bag of toxic gunk like before, but this one is slightly smaller due to the speed at which it was created. Volts peeks over the rock to see if Surskit could be seen, and when it couldn’t, he hops on the rock and shoots the toxic bag at a rock in front of both of you. The bag collides with the rock, which causes a small explosion. You see a large portion of the rock is missing, now just dust and gravel on the ground. Volts looks frustrated that Surskit wasn’t revealed, but he realizes that the Gunk Shot was able to destroy the rock. Immediately he begins creating a second Gunk Shot to blow up another rock, but this one takes longer to create for the same smaller size. It seems Volts has used up the last of his Poison energy. This time Volts takes aim, and he throws the toxic gunk as far as he can. The Gunk Shot sails over a couple rocks and is about to hit a rock in the back of the room near the other wall when suddenly a stream of large bubbles flowing like a beam fly out from behind that rock. The bubbles hit the poisonous bag, and they are able to deflect the Gunk Shot enough for it to be redirected to a nearby rock, which in turn explodes from the collision.

    You and Volts can barely make it out, but the force from the explosion throws Surskit back a bit. Surskit immediately scurries behind another rock. Finally knowing its location, you send Volts over to fully reveal it. Volts runs out and while he runs his tail glows and becomes as hard as iron. He swings his tail like sledgehammer on the rock concealing the Surskit, which explodes fiercely, both the EleSquirrel and Pond Skater getting pelted with some shrapnel.

    With limited hiding places, Surskit gets on its feet, showing signs of wear. It jumps straight up in the air, spinning its body swiftly shooting star-shaped rays and quickly following that up with a stream of bubbles. The stars hit your Pachirisu, knocking him back a few feet. The bubbles also hit Volts and the ground around him, stirring up some dust clouding his vision and yours since you couldn’t see Surskit very well to begin with.

    You run over to the dust cloud and try to bat it away. Once it’s gone, you look around the cavern again. In the commotion it caused, Surskit seems to have ducked out of the exit that was near it. Something strikes you as odd. Why does the Surskit keep running out when it seems to have the upper hand?

    What will you do?
    As the battle went on Myrrh was glad that the rocks didn't seem to be much of an obstacle, though the Surskit still had an element of surprise. And while his partner was taking damage, at least the Surskit was taking some hits too. But once again the Surskit gets the advantage and is able to flee from battle.

    "Damn, ran off again. I was hoping it would end here, and to top it all off you can't use Gunk Shot anymore Volts. Though I wonder why it keeps running off?" Both sat there for a few short minutes to rest and decide what to do next and figure out Surskit's intentions.

    "It might be trying to lead us to something, but I doubt it since it keeps attacking us. It could just be toying around with us, but it might also be it's way of keeping us interested in it......Whatever the case, we aren't gonna just let it get away. Though I am a bit worried about you, you've taken some hits already and though Surskit also looks worn, it likely still put up a fight. Well, you seem to still be up for more, if you do happen to take enough of a beating I've got an Oran and Sitrus Berry in my pack just in case."

    Volts looked somewhat exhausted, but then Myrrh patted it's head and then picked it up and held Volts in his arms. A bit of the exhaustion expressed on Volts' face was replaced with a bit cheeriness.

    "Let's go after it, I'll carry you so you can rest, even if it's just for a little bit. Feel free to jump out of my arms if you notice something or need to attack."

    Volts let out a small cry to let Myrrh know it understood. And off they went again in search of the Surskit that was causing them so much annoyance. Myrrh headed toward the exit it took, but would try to be a bit more careful this time, for he was determined to not get caught in a surprise attack yet again......




  9. #134
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #7 (sorta)

    Charminions and TutorX, just for you. Enjoy.

    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: The lakeside battle continues on. The confused Qwilfish, not confused about its anger though, launches itself hoping to tackle Zoomer. Luckily for it, it fought through its confusion and like a wrecking ball, it crashes into Zoomer knocking him off his feet. Zoomer flies back a few feet and lands on the ground. Qwilfish shakes off the rest of its confusion, and proceeds to continue the battle.

    Zoomer gets back on his feet and prepares a counter attack. The horn on his head begins to flash, and a beam fires from it also flashing like his horn, like a traffic signal. The beam blasts Qwilfish for some damage, and it shakes its body again. The Balloon Pokemon inflates itself in order to launch a steady stream of bubbles like a beam at Zoomer. The bubbles knock Zoomer back for some good damage, but that's all they do. Zoomer immediately responds to Qwilfish's bubbles with creating a trap. But before anything can happen, Qwilfish shouts incredibly loudly, breaking Zoomer's concentration, astonishing him from performing his next attack. Zoomer shakes off the fright and begins to concentrate again. His horn glows a vibrant green, which summons some strands of grass to form a knot around Qwilfish locking it in place. Qwilfish struggles to move but the binding keeps it where it is snugly.

    "Now is your chance to attack it!" the boy yells from behind you.

    With some quick thinking, Qwilfish exhales the air it stored in its body, minimizing its body size, allowing it to escape from its grass binding. Once cleared, Qwilfish resumes its normal size. The Balloon Pokemon looks like it's even angrier now, and it seems to be planning something.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    Charminions: Pigkey’s brief absence turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because when she returned she brought you a Pecha Berry. You realize she did this, knowing that species is known for the possibility of having the ability, Poison Point. Osage returns to the fray after ingesting the berry, and it starts to take effect.

    On your command Osage inhales a lot of air to fill his lungs. He exhales immediately after blowing frosty air at Nidoran. Within his breath is small shards of ice which pelt the Poison Pin Pokémon for strong damage. She steps back and shakes herself off recovering relatively quickly. At the same time Pigkey charges in with her fist charged with electricity. With a thunderous boom, the Mankey punches Nidoran, and she falls back a few yards.

    Not willing to give up the Poison Pin Pokemon plots revenge. As Osage charges his Ice energy, and before Pigkey can spring into action, she retaliates. Without needing any charge time, Pigkey jumps at Nidoran paws ready to attack; but before that can happen, Nidoran speaks with a smile, “Nidoran, nido nido ran nido.” Whatever she said seems to have had some effect on Pigkey. She blushes at the flattery paid to her, and instead of attacking her, she attacks a nearby tree, swiping at it with fury. Turning her attention to Osage, she bats her eyes seductively and giggles. While Osage successfully launches a beam of ice energy, the attack isn’t as strong as it should be due to being captivated. The beam hits her and knocks her down again. A little patch of ice forms on her back, but it isn’t enough to completely immobilize her.

    Pigkey picks up another stone, and she attempts to smack Nidoran down. However, when she throws the stone it bounces off the larger rock it hit and hits her in the face, knocking her on her back. With Pigkey sufficiently distracted and confused, Nidoran concentrates her attacks on Osage once more. Charging in closer, Nidoran turns around lifts her hind legs, attempting to kick Osage with both legs for double the power.

    What will you do?

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    Charminions: Pigkey’s brief absence turned out to be a blessing in disguise, because when she returned she brought you a Pecha Berry. You realize she did this, knowing that species is known for the possibility of having the ability, Poison Point. Osage returns to the fray after ingesting the berry, and it starts to take effect.

    On your command Osage inhales a lot of air to fill his lungs. He exhales immediately after blowing frosty air at Nidoran. Within his breath is small shards of ice which pelt the Poison Pin Pokémon for strong damage. She steps back and shakes herself off recovering relatively quickly. At the same time Pigkey charges in with her fist charged with electricity. With a thunderous boom, the Mankey punches Nidoran, and she falls back a few yards.

    Not willing to give up the Poison Pin Pokemon plots revenge. As Osage charges his Ice energy, and before Pigkey can spring into action, she retaliates. Without needing any charge time, Pigkey jumps at Nidoran paws ready to attack; but before that can happen, Nidoran speaks with a smile, “Nidoran, nido nido ran nido.” Whatever she said seems to have had some effect on Pigkey. She blushes at the flattery paid to her, and instead of attacking her, she attacks a nearby tree, swiping at it with fury. Turning her attention to Osage, she bats her eyes seductively and giggles. While Osage successfully launches a beam of ice energy, the attack isn’t as strong as it should be due to being captivated. The beam hits her and knocks her down again. A little patch of ice forms on her back, but it isn’t enough to completely immobilize her.

    Pigkey picks up another stone, and she attempts to smack Nidoran down. However, when she throws the stone it bounces off the larger rock it hit and hits her in the face, knocking her on her back. With Pigkey sufficiently distracted and confused, Nidoran concentrates her attacks on Osage once more. Charging in closer, Nidoran turns around lifts her hind legs, attempting to kick Osage with both legs for double the power.

    What will you do?
    Ready to take down the foe standing in their way, Pigkey and Osage prepare themselves as they hear Charm's orders. Osage starts first, breathing out a chilly blast of wind and ice that deals some nice damage to the Nidoran (F). The Nidoran recovers from the blow, however, but is soon met with a Thunder Punch delivered by Viola's Mankey. The blow sends the Nidoran back a couple yards and definitely leaves Charm impressed by Viola's Pokemon.

    "Alright, we got her on the ropes now," Charm noted. But the Poison Pin Pokemon wasn't done yet. As Pigkey charges at the Nidoran, the wild Pokemon says with a smile, “Nidoran, nido nido ran nido.” It apparently severly confused the Mankey, who blushes and then runs off to a tree and gives it a Fury Swipes. The Nidoran then turns her attention back to Osage, trying to Captivate him as he releases a beam of ice. The Ice Beam knocks her down and forms a patch of ice on her back, but it wasn't as strong as it could be due to the captivation.

    Still trying to follow her orders, Pigkey picks up a stone, ready to Smack Down the Nidoran again. But when she throws it, it merely bounces off another rock and smacks into her head. Pigkey obviously won't be paying attention for the time being, so the Nidoran charges at Osage once again, preparing a Double Kick.

    "This is not good," Charm notes. He thinks it over for a second then orders, "Osage, as she comes in, meet her Double Kick with an Ice Punch. Then boost up with Swords Dance and strike with Shadow Claw. Pigkey, I'll let you chill for this round so you can snap out of your funk."

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: The lakeside battle continues on. The confused Qwilfish, not confused about its anger though, launches itself hoping to tackle Zoomer. Luckily for it, it fought through its confusion and like a wrecking ball, it crashes into Zoomer knocking him off his feet. Zoomer flies back a few feet and lands on the ground. Qwilfish shakes off the rest of its confusion, and proceeds to continue the battle.

    Zoomer gets back on his feet and prepares a counter attack. The horn on his head begins to flash, and a beam fires from it also flashing like his horn, like a traffic signal. The beam blasts Qwilfish for some damage, and it shakes its body again. The Balloon Pokemon inflates itself in order to launch a steady stream of bubbles like a beam at Zoomer. The bubbles knock Zoomer back for some good damage, but that's all they do. Zoomer immediately responds to Qwilfish's bubbles with creating a trap. But before anything can happen, Qwilfish shouts incredibly loudly, breaking Zoomer's concentration, astonishing him from performing his next attack. Zoomer shakes off the fright and begins to concentrate again. His horn glows a vibrant green, which summons some strands of grass to form a knot around Qwilfish locking it in place. Qwilfish struggles to move but the binding keeps it where it is snugly.

    "Now is your chance to attack it!" the boy yells from behind you.

    With some quick thinking, Qwilfish exhales the air it stored in its body, minimizing its body size, allowing it to escape from its grass binding. Once cleared, Qwilfish resumes its normal size. The Balloon Pokemon looks like it's even angrier now, and it seems to be planning something.

    What will you do?


    Niles flinches as Zoomer gets hit by the stream of bubbles, he hates seeing Zoomer getting hurt. Niles was ready to charge at the qwilfish again, he wasn't gonna let his Ralts take all these hits, when he was stopped by the Pokemon making a loud screeching noise. This also caused Zoomer to hesitate. As Niles steadies himself Zoomer traps the Qwilfish in a knot of grass. The injured boy screams in gleeful excitement as it is caught, but it quickly makes itself smaller and escapes the trap. It then returns to it's normal size and glares at Zoomer. Niles focuses for a second and tries to figure out a what to do next.

    "Niles distract the Qwilfish with a Growl!" Niles commanded. Zoomer nods and starts to scream "Now use confusion to slam it into a tree and hold it onto there with a Grass Knot." Niles was running out of ideas, he really wasn't use to thinking things through this much. He just hoped Zoomer could win this, this fish looks really angry.


    Stats

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak

    ~Adventure Path~

    OkikuMew: While adventuring through the wooded area of Adventure Path, you imagine what different types of Pokemon could be around and available for you to capture. You approach a cabin in the distance you spotted earlier hoping to get some tips. Getting closer to the cabin, you suddenly hear a man ordering his Scyther to use Cut. The Mantis Pokemon readies its attack and executes.

    Relying on instincts you immediately react and order Max to dodge. The Scyther's cut attack slashes right through a tree, and it begins to fall, towards you. The man who ordered the Scyther's attack jumps out from behind another tree as it slowly tips over and pushes you out of the way just before it could fall on you. He, on the other hand, was not so fortunate. The tree tips over landing on the man's leg. "My leg!" the man yells loudly. Immediately his Scyther rushes to his side. "Scyther," he speaks in between howls of pain, "I want you to use cut on the tree on one side of my leg, then the other."

    The Scyther nods and prepares its attack. The first slice cuts clean through liberating the root end from the rest of the tree. Scyther takes another moment to focus, and the second slice also cuts through the on the other side of the man's leg. Only a small log remained on his leg, which he was able to nudge off. He tries to stand, but any weight he puts on his injured leg results in screaming pain. "Please," he says to you, sounding a little weak. "Please help me to my cabin."

    A little hesitant at first, you grab one of the man's arms; afterall, he did save you. Scyther pokes its head through his armpit. With the two of you propping the man up, you all slowly walk up to the cabin. You enter the cabin, and Scyther directs you to the man's bed. You get him on his bed sitting up. "Thank you," he says. "And are you alright?" The man leans over to look at his injury. Touching anywhere below his knee sends pain throughout his body. "I hope it's not broken," he sighs. "It's a long way to a hospital."

    By now you've spotted the man's work space, and you see what appear to be large white berries cut in half and hollowed out. You also see some other various tools on the bench. You look back at the man, who has now stopped fussing over his injury and is now watching you. "You may recognize what those are. They're White Apricorns," he explains. "My name is Andersen, and my Scyther and I are from Ecruteak City in the Johto region. I worked under Kurt's teachings for many years, learning the art of Apricorn Pokeball crafting. We came to Eyrie Peak for a vacation, when we discovered numerous Apricorn trees over at Posy Field. I decided to take up residence in the area to produce Pokeballs of my own to sell at the resorts here. I was getting ready to make some Fast Balls when I began running low on firewood. So Scyther and me went to the woods to gather some," he says wincing, "and you know the rest."

    You look at Andersen and at his leg. You can tell his ankle is swollen. "After this batch, I was heading back out to Posy Field to collect some more Apricorns. The trees should have one ripe Apricorn on each of them." He tries to stand, but his ankle won't support his weight. "Looks like I won't be able to make the trip. Son of a Pichu! I promised the Island Port city three dozen Pokeballs by the end of the month. At this rate, I'll only have two dozen ready." Anderson looks at you, "I don't suppose you would be able to go in my place, would you?"

    Andersen hops over to his bookcase and grabs a map. "See here, Posy Field is not far from here at all," he explains pointing to a spot on the map showing flat green space a little ways up the mountain. "It should only take a couple of hours to get there. What do you think?"

    What will you do?
    As I gladly predicted correctly, the Scyther's target wasn't my Poochyena: it was simply a tree. But not any tree: the one right in front of me... and falling towards me! As much as Max barks at me to warn me of the danger and wanted to move out of the way, my body just stays frozen. But all of a sudden, a man (the bug's trainer, I presume) pushes me out of the away and... Oh my goodness! I thought for a second the tree was going to fall completely on him, but it thankfully lands only on his leg. He then orders his mantis Pokémon to cut off the tree on him, then after the Scyther's deed was done, the man asks me to help him bring him to his cabin, which I accept to do and put him on his bed when we got in there.

    Thank you," he says, "and are you alright?"

    "I'm the one who should thank you, and ask you if you're alright! But yes, I'm fine."

    "I hope it's not broken," he sighs as he looks and presses on his injured leg. "It's a long way to a hospital."

    I hold my teeth together tightly, finding the situation very unfortunate. Not knowing what to say, I look around his cabin and I see a whole bunch of tools hanging around a big barrel-full of apricorns, which Max sniffs it out of curiosity.

    "You may recognize what those are. They're White Apricorns," he explains.

    "Yeah, I do," I nod, "I had a red one not long ago."

    "My name is Andersen, and my Scyther and I are from Ecruteak City in the Johto region. I worked under Kurt's teachings for many years, learning the art of Apricorn Pokeball crafting."

    "Kurt... hmmm, his name does ring a bell," I think aloud.

    "We came to Eyrie Peak for a vacation, when we discovered numerous Apricorn trees over at Posy Field. I decided to take up residence in the area to produce Pokeballs of my own to sell at the resorts here. I was getting ready to make some Fast Balls when I began running low on firewood. So Scyther and me went to the woods to gather some," he winces a bit, "and you know the rest."

    "Heh, yeah..." I look over his leg, worried about it but too shy to say anything more.

    "After this batch, I was heading back out to Posy Field to collect some more Apricorns. The trees should have one ripe Apricorn on each of them." He tries to stand, but he's too weak to do so. "Looks like I won't be able to make the trip. Son of a Pichu! I promised the Island Port city three dozen Pokeballs by the end of the month. At this rate, I'll only have two dozen ready." Anderson looks at me, "I don't suppose you would be able to go in my place, would you?"

    Anderson wobbles to a bookcase and pulls out of it a map. "See here, Posy Field is not far from here at all," he points a flat green space a little ways up the mountain on the map. "It should only take a couple of hours to get there. What do you think?"

    I look over Max, which is staring at me, and both of us nod at the same time.

    "Of course I'll do it! It's the least I could do, especially since it's kind of my fault you're in this situation..."

    Max barks in agreement.

    "Plus, we might find something interesting for ourselves there, being a new trainer and all."
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 15th July 2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Huh, the size of the quote didn't work for some reason... Oh well, fixed.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    OOC: Hope you weren't waiting on me. =\


    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Eyrie Peak


    Posy Field
    Jolteonjak

    When dealing with Berry-thieving Beedrill, you needed to have a good sense of teamwork, and so far you, your Pokemon, and a Teddiursa had it. Your Heracross, not so much, but you told him you had something special in mind for him depending on how this next volley of attacks turned out. And you were just about to find out how the battle would continue.

    The Beedrill had suffered considerably on their side already, but they were ready to launch their counterattack, starting with the first Beedrill, the one who had fallen for the Teddiursa’s tricks. It wanted to get back at Teddiursa hard, so it turns to using two good thrusts with its stingers for its signature Twineedle attack. Both jabs hit her for some decent damage, but luckily no poison was injected. The second one attacks Cyndaquil again, this time preferring a Poison Sting attack from a distance; the father away it was from those flames on his back, the better. The last one had been observing the battle, but it was now time to get into the fray, attacking your Numel, who had not been attacked yet, with its own Twineedle. Thanks to Numel’s resistance, it didn’t deal a lot of damage, and he avoided getting poisoned too. Cyndaquil then focused his Extrasensory powers toward the weakened Beedrill’s mind, but in his attempt he strained a little too much and the attack misfired, though he avoided dealing damage to himself. That’s when Teddiursa smelled something… ooh, the Beedrill that attacked her has honey dripping down its torso. That’s probably a good excuse to latch on to the Poison Bee and Lick it, right? The unfortunate Beedrill screams out with a shiver down its spine as Teddiursa steals the honey from its body (it was saving that honey for later!), causes extreme discomfort, and deals a little damage to it, all in one. Meanwhile, Numel started to realize he was taking damage and Curled himself into a ball to Defend himself from future attacks.

    Having been deceived and assaulted, it was about time to take some revenge, and now that Beedrill was able to inspect its cute attacker, the Bug knew just how to get it. It gave Teddiursa a hug with its stinger arms and started nibbling into the Little Bear until its mouth found the Pecha Berry Teddiursa had stashed in her fur and Bit into it in earnest. It was so nice of Teddiursa to save that poison-curing Berry just so a Poison-type like Beedrill could eat it. The berry tasted pretty sweet too! At the same time, Teddiursa definitely didn’t want any more honey from this bug. She screamed and squirmed to try to get away from it, but your Pokemon were a little preoccupied with the other two Beedrill to rescue her. While Cyndaquil was hit by Twineedle, though avoided the poison, Numel became the victim of his Beedrill’s Fury Attack, getting hit three times, two of those hits getting Numel in some more sensitive places. Cyndaquil then notices Teddiursa under attack and summons multiple orbs of Ice energy, sending them straight at the Beedrill for solid damage. The Beedrill shrieks in pain as it lets go of the Teddiursa, who now has fire in her eyes instead of water. In her Fury, she jumps at the Beedrill’s face and gets five good Swipes, each hit dealing minor damage, but they add up. Meanwhile, Numel finds that the Beedrill that attacked him is close enough to bowl over with his Rollout attack, clipping it by the side.

    The three Beedrill each have about the same amount of energy, but out of all three of them, the one that has been locking horns with Teddiursa has taken the most damage; one or two good special attacks would finish it off. The other two have about twice as much health as the first one. Numel has the most health and should be the most protected against the Beedrill’s attacks, whereas Teddiursa and Cyndaquil each have about 20% less health than Numel. Numel has the least amount of energy but is still above 60% energy, with Teddiursa having about as much energy and Cyndaquil with the most energy out of all the combatants.

    What will Chad do?

    As the battle continued, Heracross scanned the area wary of the fourth Beedrill, and at the same time he really wanted some battle action. He watched as one of the Beedrill attacked the little Teddiursa with both of its needles, and then she proceeded to begin using some Ghostly energy to lick the same Beedrill, which it did not at all like. He saw one from a distance firing a poisonous quill at Cyndaquil. He got worried watching Cyndaquil taking damage, but that concern happily went away when he saw Cyndaquil fire back using his psychic powers. Finally he spotted Numel, curled up in a ball, which he found strange for some reason. He wondered why he wasn't attacking, and then he noticed Numel starting to roll towards one of the nearby Beedrill. Now it made sense to him. Overall, Heracross was pleased with his teammates' progress, and he thought the Teddiursa was doing a good job too. Still, he really wanted to get involved. He looked at Chad, who was gritting his teeth.

    Chad felt a little powerless. His two Fire-types were in the middle of battle against Bug-types; however, he knew he couldn't use any of their Fire-type attacks. It was too much of a risk to set the entire forest on fire, and he did not want to deal with those consequences again. 'Still, maybe if they can get the Beedrill in close to them they could use Fire without the whole place catching fire,' he thought to himself. "Ok, Numel, use Ancientpower on the Beedrill you've been attacking," the first of the attack orders came. As Chad ordered Numel, he came up with an idea. "Cyndaquil, watch Numel; Mimic the Ancientpower, and then you use Ancientpower on your Beedrill!" He looked around smiling, and he noticed Heracross itching to get involved. "Numel, once you use Ancientpower, wait for a Beedrill to come after you, and then come over here!"

    Chad turned to Heracross, who was now pretty interested in what was happening. "Heracross, listen up, we don't have much time," he said to the Singlehorn. When Numel and the Beedrill get here, I want you to throw Numel at the Beedrill. I'll then have Numel use Rollout while he flies at the Beedrill." Heracross nodded and swung his arms around as if to stretch out. Chad waited, hoping things would work out. He knew that when Numel returned to him he would only have seconds to tell Numel when to use Rollout.



    Stats
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 15th July 2012 at 6:12 AM. Reason: what is wrong with me? LOL

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,077

    Default Adventures in Astoria by Dark Searchman, Part 8

    Whew, sorry for being so slow with these updates guys! I'm finally back from another vacay in Idaho, and I'm ready to head back into it, so... let's head back into it!

    Megh, you were a lot of fun to torment, and I wish you continued the adventure, but I'm fine with you ending it where you did. Good luck on future adventures. Should you find a desire to come back to the magical world of Astoria, simply post another introduction post, and, depending on who has open slots at the time, one of us will gladly guide you through our forests again!

    InnerFlame, your adventure is now officially placed on hold, and your slot is now open, but should you post a reply to your current update, I'd be happy to continue with you once again.

    Flame Mistress, since I'm aware of the little snafu you had to go through, I'll give you some more time to reply before I open your slot too.

    Finally, I hereby welcome Ampharos_Dude to my Astoria group! Also, welcome... to the swamp. Mwahahahaha! >=D


    The Divine Woodland


    Magus Falls

    Kaisap112

    You started to realize that words would not sway your crocodilian opponent, so you called back your Seel in favor of a stronger Pokemon: Elmira, your Shinx. Now you could use Kitty for some distance attacks and Elmira for close-range combat… if you could get Kitty away from Croconaw. That would prove difficult as the Croconaw continues its Rage-induced tirade on Kitty, bringing her health below 60% as its unpredictable movement keeps your Skitty guessing, making it harder to dodge. Kitty tries her best to back away, and is barely three feet away when she unleashes her Bullet Seed, this time hitting Croconaw three times for some decent damage, but this was likely to work against you as Croconaw’s Rage and attack power increases drastically with each hit. Elmira finds an opening to step in front of Kitty and protect her princess with a Leer attack, her warning to Croconaw to stay away or face her wrath. Add on her Intimidation, and you’d think that’d stop a Pokemon in its tracks, but a bigger, raging Croconaw? …Eh, not so much, though it did cut into its attack strength a little.

    However, this meant Elmira was in its path, and more importantly in the path of its jaws. Before your Shinx could react, Croconaw suddenly Bites into her torso, then throws her, resulting in her losing a fourth of her health after landing off to the side. Croconaw then starts to go after Kitty again, who was startled at what had happened that she couldn’t move, but Elmira wasn’t going to let Kitty get hurt again. She Tackles Croconaw from behind it, knocking it down hard, inches from Kitty. She then gains her senses and runs back toward you, hoping her older sister would follow suit. But the Croconaw suddenly gets back up and knocks Elmira off, separating her from you. All you could do was watch as your foe turns around and prepares to attack your helpless Pokemon...

    “Exeggutor, Psychic attack!” you hear a nasal voice suddenly call out.

    A palm tree with three coconut heads stomps out and you see her eyes glow, but more importantly the Croconaw’s body is fixed in place. Elmira also rushes back to your side as the Croconaw struggles to move, which uses more and more energy, but it is simply held in place until it gets tired and stops resisting, at which point Exeggutor gently sets it back down. Next to the Grass-type is a teenager with spiky hair, a black shirt, and khaki pants, looking like he was starting to sport a goatee. “Your Pokemon all right? That was pretty close!” Something feels familiar about him.

    He then approaches the tired Croconaw as he says, “So, what’s gotten into this guy anyway?” He makes a few attempts to look closer, but Croconaw still has the energy to snap at him. But one glance at the back of its jaw allows him to see what the problem is. He takes out a pair of tweezers from his pack and calmly says, “All right, I’m just tryin’ to help you, kay?” Croconaw groans in distrust as the teenager takes his other arm and tries to touch its nose to calm it down, but Croconaw suddenly clamps down on his arm, and he winces in pain. You watch in concern and try to run in to help, but he tells you to stay back, then he grits his teeth to fight off the pain, takes the tweezers in his other hand, and uses them to reach at something in the very back of its jaw. Croconaw Bites down harder, appearing to fight off its own pain, but after a few minutes, the teenager successfully pulls what looks like a tooth. After that, Croconaw calms back down and lets go of his arm. He sighs and says, “There you go, now you just need some rest. Exeggutor, use Hypnosis.”

    The Walking Jungle’s eyes glow again as she makes eye contact with Croconaw, and the reptile doesn’t try to resist the calming stare as it slowly drifts off to sleep, the raging waterfall nearby nowhere near loud enough to wake it anytime soon. He leaves a Sitrus Berry nearby so it can regain its energy when it wakes up, then he approaches you, holding up the tooth in his tweezers. “See? This tooth must’ve just grown weird and caused Croconaw a lot of pain. That’s probably why it went berserk. It should be fine now, though; it just needs some rest.” As he got some bandages and Exeggutor used her Psychic powers to help bandage his arm he suddenly says, “Oh yeah, I forgot to introduce myself! I’m Gary, the Viridian City Gym Leader!”

    What will Noriko do?



    Eyrie Peak


    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress – {Your update is here.}


    Posy Field

    Son_of_Shadows

    You just knew there was something odd about a certain Beedrill’s behavior, so your curiosity gets the better of you, and you decide to head off in the direction it flew to. Along the way, you find an Ariados checking out an empty web; it almost looked like it was mourning over something. Fortunately, it was too distracted to attack you, so you quickly move on. Next to catch your eye was a Volbeat handing a flower to an Illumise, the female bug’s cheeks becoming rosy as she accepts the flower and they begin dancing in what was likely a courtship ritual. Beautiful, but another good sidetracker, so once again you continue down the path. You then hear some buzzing, so you assumed it was the Beedrill, but nope, a Yanma flies past you, looking for somewhere to land. More buzzing now, this time a lot of it. Ah, this must be the hive your peculiar bee friend belongs to. You hide behind the bushes to avoid being seen, and, sure enough, you could see the one you were after. Looked like it was feeding the berries to some hungry Weedle, but then you notice it flying over to a larger Beedrill sitting at the stump of the tree where the hive was. Oh wow, this Beedrill must be the queen of this hive! But she looks sick, and you could see the smaller Beedrill feeding her some Berries too, but it didn’t look like her sickness was alleviating any. The berries she was being fed either weren’t what she needed or weren’t powerful enough.

    What will Joshua do?


    Jolteonjak

    As the battle raged on, your Heracross wanted so badly to get himself into the battle, but you were ready to give him the chance. Meanwhile, all the combatants were in the thick of it. Numel had stopped the Rollout attack he was in only to be the target of another Twineedle attack. Fortunately, despite the Beedrill’s use of Focus Energy earlier, it wasn’t as accurate with the jabs, and, if the attacks did any damage, it wasn’t very noticeable. Teddiursa had her own problems, however, as the Beedrill in front of her started Stinging her with more Poisonous needles. They may not have poisoned her, but they hurt more than usual. The last Beedrill decides to change its opponent and fly away from Cyndaquil towards the other two Pokemon, Focusing its Energy while doing so. Now Cyndaquil could afford to wait for Numel to make his move, but Teddiursa wasn’t waiting for anything. Another closer inspection of this Beedrill revealed it had something about as valuable as honey. So she turned on the charm once again and complemented the Beedrill on how much more powerful it was, how there was no way she could ever compare to him. She then pleads her “surrender” to the Beedrill and asked to see why it was so powerful. You could see him brandishing his Poison Barb, stuck on his stinger, in front of her, and he then points that stinger at her, apparently having enough of her tricks and was planning on finishing her then and there. Big mistake. Teddiursa suddenly grabs the stinger and rips the Poison Barb straight off, causing the Beedrill to howl in pain once again. The Little Bear then runs off toward Numel with her new item; she got what she Coveted, after all! At the same time, Numel fended off his opponent with another Ancientpower, but now he had a spectator. Cyndaquil was watching Numel perform the attack, Mimicked the movements, and became confident he would be able to do the attack too. Once done with his attack, he begins running back towards you and Heracross.

    Now this Beedrill really had enough of the accursed Little Bear. As if dignity, honey, and pride weren’t enough, she now steals his Poison Barb? He curses himself for falling for it a third time and now sprays more Poison Sting at Teddiursa, but this time he is joined by his partner firing its own Poison Sting. The combined attacks on Teddiursa deal damage and finally poison her (“Take that, stupid bear!” you could imagine the Beedrill saying.), but as the venom courses through her, she only runs faster; who knew her Feet could be that Quick? The third Beedrill tries to cut off her path with a Furious barrage of Attacks, but she shakes off the two hits she received and Scratches her way past the Beedrill in front of her and continues to head towards Numel while Numel reaches Heracross. Now all three Beedrill were in hot pursuit of Teddiursa, but that gives the distraction Cyndaquil needed. Out of nowhere, Cyndaquil’s Ancientpower attack comes and piles onto the weakened Beedrill. The attack soon fades, but Beedrill isn’t able to get up from it, having been knocked out by the impact. Cyndaquil gains one level! As for the other two Beedrill… well, they couldn’t have seen this coming. Teddiursa’s extra speed allow her to run past Heracross, giving the Singlehorn enough room to toss Numel into the air. Your order comes in loud and clear, and Numel begins another Rollout attack in midair. One of the Beedrill eventually sees what’s happening and veers away at an angle, but the other is so unfortunate enough to run straight into the Numb Pokemon in a ball, that it gets completely flattened by the attack as Numel runs it straight into the ground. HARD. Being above 60% health just wasn’t going to save it, as the one attack knocks all the air out of the Poison Bee and forces it to fall unconscious instantly. Numel gains one level!

    Numel continues rolling, now below 50% energy, but still barely below 80% health. Cyndaquil now stands below 60% energy and above 60% health, while Teddiursa is the worst off, below 50% energy and 40% health, and the poison would simply serve to wear her down. Meanwhile, one Beedrill remains, still above 60% energy and 70% health, but as it looks at its fallen comrades, you can only assume that it’s thinking about turning abdomen and buzzing back to the hive where it came from, though there’s a chance it could try to stall you for just a few seconds more.

    What will Chad do?



    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    More memories resurface as you find yourself in the heat of a battle against a Vespiquen and her entourage, with the only female Combee of the group starting to take Trick’s attacks personally. Galaxia… A world that must have been under attack by something… A people in a life-and-death situation… Unfamiliar though it may be, you do remember it… Leah’s words again allow you to force the memory into the back of your mind and refocus on the battle: “It’s strange, that Combee is starting to show signs of independence, even disobeying Vespiquen’s orders. It may be for the best if you capture it, so go ahead. Besides, we can use her disobedience to our advantage! Ludicolo, please use Mist, followed by Nature Power, and then use Hydro Pump!”

    The Combee Trick is trying to beat now follows her own tune out of anger for being attacked so brutally before. She heads in for close range and each face Bites into the Treecko, using Bug energy for extra effect. Trick yelps in extreme pain and discomfort as that one attack takes out almost three quarters of his health. This may be more of a challenge than you thought, but you put your faith in Trick as he responds with another Thunderpunch. Again, no paralysis, but the Combee does take another heavy hit. Meanwhile, the Vespiquen is trying to rein in the female Combee while directing the males. She at least gets the males to release more Sweet Scent in an attempt to incapacitate your Pokemon, but Ludicolo releases a thick Mist just in time. Now their Sweet Scent won’t work anymore!

    You were still in quite a pickle as the female Combee continues her rampage and traps Trick in a heavy Gust that brings him to his knees once the wind stopped blowing. As the rain continues to fall, Trick refocuses on his target and successfully Pounds her with his tail, dealing a little more damage. The other Combee are directed by Vespiquen to focus on Ludicolo with more Gusts, each one dealing slight damage individually but all of them adding up to take out almost a fourth of Ludicolo’s health. Ludicolo then focuses the energy of the surrounding field into his palms, the mysterious Power taking on the Nature of Seed Bomb. The Seeds are thrown in an effort to arc over the Combee and hit Vespiquen, but the Combee were ready for it and form the shield again at the exact angle where the Bombs would come down. They explode all over the seven Combee, including the female, damaging each one only a little, but the female Combee was in rough shape.

    Seeing how low her health was, you throw your Pokeball to try and catch the Combee, for if you didn’t, you knew she would attack Trick again and likely K.O. him. The other Combee rush to block the Pokeball from reaching its target, but the red and white sphere successfully engulfs the female in a red flash of light and drops to the ground, shaking once… twice… thrice… four times… five times, even… but eventually, the audible ping you hear signals that you have now caught your quarry. You pump your fist in the air and rush over to claim your new Pokemon, but three of the other Combee block your path, and Vespiquen and the other three male Combee soon join them but from behind you. Trick tries to protect your back, but at such a low health, it didn’t look like he’d be doing much to help. You and Trick close your eyes as you expected to be turned into blood honey, but you suddenly hear a shrieking noise coming from Vespiquen. You open your eyes and see her blasted off to the side by a huge jet of water. Ludicolo and his Hydro Pump to the rescue! Leah stands beside him and says to you, “Good job, you’ve done your part in this battle. Now let us do ours!” Vespiquen stands up, still reeling from the heavy damage she took. The three Combee that were with her fly over to her, concerned about their queen’s safety. She then Orders one of the Combee to give up all of his energy to Heal her, and he does so, giving her about a third of her health back but only putting her just above 80% health as the Combee that healed her falls from exhaustion.

    It looked like even though you dealt with the female Combee, you still had a battle on your hands as the queen was now about to get her hands dirty. Trick was looking seriously injured from all the hits he took from the Combee; even with the rain slightly healing him, he was still below 15% health. He also only had above 60% energy and only one more Thunderpunch left in him before he would run out of Electric energy. Five Combee remain, three of them guarding the female in your Pokeball, two of them with Vespiquen, all of them at about the same health and energy. Finally, thanks to Ludicolo’s Rain Dish activating again, he is back to three fourths of his maximum health and energy again, but when you make a queen mad, some heads may roll for it.

    What will Frinth do?



    Dead Forest


    Toxic Marsh

    Ampharos_Dude

    Yet another trainer cursed by the maps of Astoria, you thought you were in the Divine Woodlands, but the surroundings and the horrid smell proved you were somewhere completely different. You look again at the map and find yourself smack dab in the middle of Toxic Marsh, one of the worst possible places to begin a journey in Astoria. None of the water around here looked safe to drink at all, plus with a fog rolling in—it likely had some sort of poisons in it as well—you were lost and weren’t about to figure out any means of escaping the swamps any time soon. That suited the eerie hiss behind you and the hooded snake it belonged to just fine; the safest place to be for the unlucky travelling through the Toxic Marsh was a stomach, in the Arbok’s opinion. Preferably its own. Of course, the Drapion off to your side also thought this. And the Swalot surfacing from the pool of poisonous water. And the pair of Beedrill patrolling the pond. And the Seviper whose hole you were sitting close to. Then again, none of these Poison-type predators were willing to share you for lunch; in fact, now that they’ve looked at each other, they each thought of the other Pokemon as better items on the menu than just plain, old, boring human flesh. As they all attack each other, you definitely weren’t planning on sticking around; the winner(s) might still be hungry after the epic clash, after all.

    Satisfied with the distance you put between yourself and the Poison Battle Royale, you and Cherry now find yourself at a bigger pond, even deeper into the swamps and possibly with even more hungry Pokemon eyeing you. Like those two shapes across the water, for instance. Wait, those don’t look like-

    “Hey! Y’all gotta get yourself away from that pond real quick!” you hear one of the figures call out. The other one was diving into the water just before a nasty looking frog with wicked claws dripping with poison pops up out of the water right in front of you. “Oh, man, don’ move, ya don’ wanna spook it!” you hear the guy call out again. Don’t move!? This Toxicroak was ready to defend its territory from the closest intruder! Although… maybe the guy knows what he’s talking about enough for you to trust in him. Or maybe not…

    What will Shiro do?



    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette

    With a Muk holding you down, you either had to get dirty or die trying. Naturally, you valued your life, so it was Sangre’s job to slice the living poison into clumps and globs of the gooey toxins. First off, the Crobat took his echolocation to the extreme and Screeched his heart out. The Muk tried to match Screech for Screech, but Sangre obviously had the faster draw and stunned his gloopy opponent so that its Screech would have little to no effect. With Muk’s defenses lowered, it was now more vulnerable to Sangre’s attacks. Of course, that was before Muk opened its eyes to see the light of the bat’s Confuse Ray. Now it was just crippled! He tried to use Minimize to make himself smaller, but it only served to give him a huge headache, an unfortunate waste of precious health and energy. What an opportunity for Sangre! His success in his last two attacks allowed him to find his Zen, and he used his morale to infuse psychic energy into his Head and Butt into the Muk quickly and efficiently, dealing a huge amount of damage and already pushing the living sludge to 40% health, dropping you in the process, but the impact also forces Muk to let go of you too, and you are able to scamper out of the way, safe from the monster’s clutches. Then a hand quickly splorshes out from the Shadow of a nearby tombstone, and Muk sends his arm to Punch the low-flying Crobat to the ground, pinning him close to where Muk was. While Sangre has about twice as much health as Muk does, things could move toward the sludge body’s favor very quickly if Sangre doesn’t shake it off soon.

    Meanwhile, you asked Minerva to search the Muk and see if someone was trapped inside. She made sure to keep an eye on you while she did so just in case she needed to protect you from any sudden attacks or the battle was turning sour. She is able, though, to confirm your suspicions; a broken, jumbled-up skeleton in the midst of the sludge and Minerva’s ghostly senses picking up the spirit of a man, probably about in his 30s when he died, was likely some good, concrete evidence of someone trapped within the sludge. She could also tell that the man was in agony, and likely from all the attacks his Muk body was taking, especially the Zen Headbutt Sangre delivered to him. She hears him cry out to her once again, this time in a slightly clearer voice: “HELP MEEE!! DESHTROYY THISH PHRISHON I’M IN!! PHREE MEEEEE!!!” Well, she heard him, apparently this spirit wants out of the Muk!

    What will Marion do?

    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 25th July 2012 at 7:27 AM. Reason: Filled in the title

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post

    Garden of Iris


    Rainbow Pool

    Coolz8

    More memories resurface as you find yourself in the heat of a battle against a Vespiquen and her entourage, with the only female Combee of the group starting to take Trick’s attacks personally. Galaxia… A world that must have been under attack by something… A people in a life-and-death situation… Unfamiliar though it may be, you do remember it… Leah’s words again allow you to force the memory into the back of your mind and refocus on the battle: “It’s strange, that Combee is starting to show signs of independence, even disobeying Vespiquen’s orders. It may be for the best if you capture it, so go ahead. Besides, we can use her disobedience to our advantage! Ludicolo, please use Mist, followed by Nature Power, and then use Hydro Pump!”

    The Combee Trick is trying to beat now follows her own tune out of anger for being attacked so brutally before. She heads in for close range and each face Bites into the Treecko, using Bug energy for extra effect. Trick yelps in extreme pain and discomfort as that one attack takes out almost three quarters of his health. This may be more of a challenge than you thought, but you put your faith in Trick as he responds with another Thunderpunch. Again, no paralysis, but the Combee does take another heavy hit. Meanwhile, the Vespiquen is trying to rein in the female Combee while directing the males. She at least gets the males to release more Sweet Scent in an attempt to incapacitate your Pokemon, but Ludicolo releases a thick Mist just in time. Now their Sweet Scent won’t work anymore!

    You were still in quite a pickle as the female Combee continues her rampage and traps Trick in a heavy Gust that brings him to his knees once the wind stopped blowing. As the rain continues to fall, Trick refocuses on his target and successfully Pounds her with his tail, dealing a little more damage. The other Combee are directed by Vespiquen to focus on Ludicolo with more Gusts, each one dealing slight damage individually but all of them adding up to take out almost a fourth of Ludicolo’s health. Ludicolo then focuses the energy of the surrounding field into his palms, the mysterious Power taking on the Nature of Seed Bomb. The Seeds are thrown in an effort to arc over the Combee and hit Vespiquen, but the Combee were ready for it and form the shield again at the exact angle where the Bombs would come down. They explode all over the seven Combee, including the female, damaging each one only a little, but the female Combee was in rough shape.

    Seeing how low her health was, you throw your Pokeball to try and catch the Combee, for if you didn’t, you knew she would attack Trick again and likely K.O. him. The other Combee rush to block the Pokeball from reaching its target, but the red and white sphere successfully engulfs the female in a red flash of light and drops to the ground, shaking once… twice… thrice… four times… five times, even… but eventually, the audible ping you hear signals that you have now caught your quarry. You pump your fist in the air and rush over to claim your new Pokemon, but three of the other Combee block your path, and Vespiquen and the other three male Combee soon join them but from behind you. Trick tries to protect your back, but at such a low health, it didn’t look like he’d be doing much to help. You and Trick close your eyes as you expected to be turned into blood honey, but you suddenly hear a shrieking noise coming from Vespiquen. You open your eyes and see her blasted off to the side by a huge jet of water. Ludicolo and his Hydro Pump to the rescue! Leah stands beside him and says to you, “Good job, you’ve done your part in this battle. Now let us do ours!” Vespiquen stands up, still reeling from the heavy damage she took. The three Combee that were with her fly over to her, concerned about their queen’s safety. She then Orders one of the Combee to give up all of his energy to Heal her, and he does so, giving her about a third of her health back but only putting her just above 80% health as the Combee that healed her falls from exhaustion.

    It looked like even though you dealt with the female Combee, you still had a battle on your hands as the queen was now about to get her hands dirty. Trick was looking seriously injured from all the hits he took from the Combee; even with the rain slightly healing him, he was still below 15% health. He also only had above 60% energy and only one more Thunderpunch left in him before he would run out of Electric energy. Five Combee remain, three of them guarding the female in your Pokeball, two of them with Vespiquen, all of them at about the same health and energy. Finally, thanks to Ludicolo’s Rain Dish activating again, he is back to three fourths of his maximum health and energy again, but when you make a queen mad, some heads may roll for it.

    What will Frinth do?


    Trick was no longer unscathed. His stance trembled as he continued to rise, a seemingly unbearable effort compared to what he had experienced before.

    Around the citadel tracks, where frozen pavement extended in various directions, and a flash of lime hurried through. Trick simply skipped over any obstacle designed to hinder his velocity, appearing on random occasions, though somehow unpredictable to ordinary human inhabitants. Trick had a slight breathe, before skidding over to take a nice cold drink of iced tea. Vapour trickled down the glass, and all its contents flowed out in a dashed manner. He placed it back down on the dispenser, only to complete a few more circuits tirelessly.

    In this case, however, He was on the end of his run, a ray of collapse vivid, which in turn appeared promising. Frinth rushed in to carry him, placing him carefully on his shoulders. He then tried to pick up a few rocks, ran towards the Combee guarding his catch, his own stride appeared as lengthened leaping. He then rushed to unleash all he tried to pick up at them, before engaging them by hand to hand combat, hopefully momentarily distracting them before swiftly trying to retrieve his own.

    A moment he had been aspiring for...
    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125
    Last edited by Coolz8; 23rd July 2012 at 8:59 AM.

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Dead Forest


    The Burial Ground

    Marion Ette

    With a Muk holding you down, you either had to get dirty or die trying. Naturally, you valued your life, so it was Sangre’s job to slice the living poison into clumps and globs of the gooey toxins. First off, the Crobat took his echolocation to the extreme and Screeched his heart out. The Muk tried to match Screech for Screech, but Sangre obviously had the faster draw and stunned his gloopy opponent so that its Screech would have little to no effect. With Muk’s defenses lowered, it was now more vulnerable to Sangre’s attacks. Of course, that was before Muk opened its eyes to see the light of the bat’s Confuse Ray. Now it was just crippled! He tried to use Minimize to make himself smaller, but it only served to give him a huge headache, an unfortunate waste of precious health and energy. What an opportunity for Sangre! His success in his last two attacks allowed him to find his Zen, and he used his morale to infuse psychic energy into his Head and Butt into the Muk quickly and efficiently, dealing a huge amount of damage and already pushing the living sludge to 40% health, dropping you in the process, but the impact also forces Muk to let go of you too, and you are able to scamper out of the way, safe from the monster’s clutches. Then a hand quickly splorshes out from the Shadow of a nearby tombstone, and Muk sends his arm to Punch the low-flying Crobat to the ground, pinning him close to where Muk was. While Sangre has about twice as much health as Muk does, things could move toward the sludge body’s favor very quickly if Sangre doesn’t shake it off soon.

    Meanwhile, you asked Minerva to search the Muk and see if someone was trapped inside. She made sure to keep an eye on you while she did so just in case she needed to protect you from any sudden attacks or the battle was turning sour. She is able, though, to confirm your suspicions; a broken, jumbled-up skeleton in the midst of the sludge and Minerva’s ghostly senses picking up the spirit of a man, probably about in his 30s when he died, was likely some good, concrete evidence of someone trapped within the sludge. She could also tell that the man was in agony, and likely from all the attacks his Muk body was taking, especially the Zen Headbutt Sangre delivered to him. She hears him cry out to her once again, this time in a slightly clearer voice: “HELP MEEE!! DESHTROYY THISH PHRISHON I’M IN!! PHREE MEEEEE!!!” Well, she heard him, apparently this spirit wants out of the Muk!

    What will Marion do?

    Scampering away from the grab-happy Muk and giving herself a respectable distance from the battle, Marion is keenly aware of how quickly battles could turn; despite appearing to have the advantage damage-wise, Crobat was pinned and could easily take a strong hit if he does not break free in a hurry. Marion knew that the bulk of Sangre's strength was in his powerful wings, so a wing-based attack would probably be the best option if Sangre were to break free. "Sangre, use your Air Cutter to break free, then finish this Muk once and for all!! Giga Impact!!" It was a risky move, to be sure, but Marion had faith in Sangre's speed and ability to attack quickly and accurately when compared to the large, bulky Muk. Soon after Marion barks her orders, Minerva floats over to Marion with a small smirk. Speaking in Banette in order to more quickly convey her message, she relates what she has seen to Marion.

    Mary, there is a spirit trapped in the Muk whose remains seek freedom from their poisonous prison. Those are the screams we've been hearing...

    Responding in human tongue, Marion is quick to issue orders; "If that's true, Min, then Sangre's Giga Impact should hopefully knock him out... If not, the moment after Sangre issues his attack, I want you to grab hold of the skeleton and pull it free. Can you do that for me?"

    With pleasure, Minerva says with a decidedly wider grin as she watches the battle, looking for her opportunity to strike. Minerva was admittedly curious about the skeleton trapped within the Muk, and though he could potentially turn out to be even more dangerous than the Muk he was trapped inside, Minerva definitely liked the idea of an ancient soul who's been trapped for thousands of years owing her a giant favor. Readying herself for Sangre's Giga Impact, she alternates her focus between the battle and Marion, just in case something else decides to rear its ugly head and attack her trainer.

    [FB || PASBL]

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    [size=1
    Adventure Path

    Flame Mistress

    Your adventures here have taken you into the middle of a nice, big tunnel with a large crack in the ceiling. You realize that this entire thing had to have been made by… something. Something huge. You realization causes Serafina to hide between your legs, terrified of the behemoth that was lurking this tunnel. With no real way to discern which path is better, you spin around, and the Astorian Gods of Randomness determined that you should go left, which Serafina reluctantly followed; somebody had to look after you, after all.

    After another half an hour of going down a straight path, it curves to the left, but… well, that’s peculiar, there were boulders of increasing size lining the right of the path neatly. There were also some pretty big boulders on the left of the path. Suddenly, you heard a loud noise. It sounded like… snoring. Whoever, or whatever, was sleeping here had an interesting idea of home décor. You figure it was probably a good idea to go the other way, but… you were kind of curious. Okay, maybe one quick look… one very quick look at what was sleeping here, then you’d hightail it outta there before the monster woke up. You continue down the path, and the snoring of course gets even louder as you progress. It also felt like the path was in some sort of spiral. Oh, and one more thing; you could’ve sworn you saw and heard a few of these boulders moving.

    You finally approach what looks to be probably a dead end, and with the snoring reaching its peak volume, that monster should be just up ahead, right? You make sure to be really quiet as you approach the last turn, and then… well, wait a minute, there’s nothing there! That doesn’t make sense, I was so sure you would find it sleeping right there. I’m sorry, I can’t quite figure out what’s going o-

    Oh crud.

    Oh… CRUD.

    Um, Charlotte, do you notice a nasty smell blowing at you from your left? And maybe that very, VERY loud snoring? No? Well, turn to your left and… note what’s in front of you. Eyes. Nostrils. Huge horn. Huger mouth. Yeah, I’d call that a head made entirely out of rock. All of those boulders you’ve been passing up? Probably this Onix’s snakelike body. You cover your mouth hard as you scream to avoid waking up the 28 feet long Pokemon, and Serafina does the same as she yelps. And now the rocky “coils” tighten, closing what was a “tunnel” and pushing your and Serafina’s bodies closer towards Onix’s head, while all you could do was stand there, frozen in fear, and let it happen. However, it’s a pretty high ceiling for what was probably one room for Onix’s lair, and Onix was fortunately asleep. Perhaps you could climb on and over the mammoth body of the Rock Snake without waking it up…

    What will Charlotte do?
    [/color]
    I'm baaaaaaack! =D

    Oh, dear.

    Oh, oh dear.

    She didn't know how she could've overlooked the glaring fact that the boulders probably weren't natural. Thinking back, it was pretty obvious that the boulders were quite artificial-lookiong, loking at the way their size enlarged steadily as she went by. But it was too late to do anything about it now; as the Onix moved and its coils blocked the way from which she had come from, her only option was to... well, try to climb over the rocky monster without waking it up and possibly being strangled to death.

    "Okay, Serafina, return," Charlotte said, holding out her Pokeball - she didn't want Serafina to get hurt, especially since the monster was probably a Rock-Type (she was afraid of taking out her Pokedex in case it made a sound, as it often did, and thus wake the monster up). She put it back in her pocket, and took out another one; she pressed the buton, and Narcissa's metallic body emerged. Before she coould make a sound, she clamped one hand over the Skarmory's mouth, preventing her from squawking noisily or making any other sound, and mounted her. "Okay, Narcissa," Charlotte said as she steadied herself upon Narcissa's back, "I'd like to ask you a favour. Can you fly me over that... monster... so that we can get out of this place?"

    Narcissa hesitated, and after a few moments, nodded; she wasn't in any rush to be crushed to death, either.

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Eyrie Peak

    Posy Field

    takkupanda - (Er, fishy said that the Scyther and the Beedrill were fighting each other, but didn’t say who was beating who. I know it doesn’t really affect much, but do be careful about self-updating next time. :))

    Seeing that a girl and her Minccino was in trouble from being stung multiple times by a Vespiquen and her Combee minions after presumably taking some honey from, you and Broly decide to help the girl get out from danger as you quickly approach them. Broly arrives at the scene first and quickly interjects between the two, before letting out a loud Roar at the queen bee and her goons. While it did scare off a few of the Combees, it proved to be quite useless as more Combees seem to have gathered around you and the girl as you soon caught up with Broly. The Vespiquen seemed angry at you for interrupting her assault against the girl and now was aiming at Broly as the Gem on her head shone and a Powerful ray of light hit the Growlithe, seemingly dealing heavy damage against him. Two Combees followed up her attack with a Bug Bite on your Growlithe as the two bees repeatedly bit your Growlithe at the areas where the Power Gem connected. Talk about adding insult to injury!

    Meanwhile, the girl calls out to you, “Are you here to help us out mister? Thank you so much!” the girl said in appreciation, “Rosa, can you still move? We have to help the Growlithe out! Let’s give him a Helping Hand!” the girl commanded her Minccino, who was apparently named Rosa, as a blue bolt of electricity came out of the Minccino and into Broly, the Growlithe powered up from help he got. He then started to gather some of his Fire energies and let out an Ember to hold off some of the Combee and even burning some of them, its power a bit stronger than usual thanks to the Helping Hand. Three combees however sneaked behind Rosa and proceeded to Bug Bite the poor Minccino all at once biting her repeatedly. Rosa then fainted from taking too much damage while fending the swarm off all by herself. “Oh no, Rosa!” the girl called out as she quickly cradled her Minccino. Your Growlithe could still fight, but do be wary that he took some heavy damage from the Power Gem earlier. These guys sure don’t play fair and they mean business. Disproportionate retribution much?

    What will you do now?
    As Marcelo and Broly stepped forward to help, it seemed to have done nothing but enraged the Vespiquen further. Seeing their attempts to scare them off and avoid battle fail, Marcelo and Broly realized that it's a battle that Vespiquen wanted and so it would have. The poor Minccino tried its best to fend off the swarm but was too weak and outnumbered, leading it to faint into the girl's arms.

    Seeing that this wasn't quite fair, and that Broly's partner had fainted, Marcelo pulled out a Pokeball and sent out a stinking blob of sludge, a Grimer. Determined to show them the force, Marcelo started right on the offence, "Alright, Broly and Strychnine, let's exploit their weaknesses! Broly, Get them with a surprise Aerial Ace! Then, try a Crossfire! Then, finally Heat Wave to hit as many of the swarm members as you can!"

    "Strychnine, start off with a Thunderbolt! Then you try a Crossfire too! Metronome to finish 'em!"


    OoC: Sorry about the short reply.. cannot think of much to add at the moment.
    Last edited by takkupanda; 26th July 2012 at 12:45 PM.
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

    Fizzy Bubbles


    Cable Club Trading List

  19. #144
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~


    myahoo: The storm is getting louder, and it sweeps in some Pidove flying wildly and disoriented. The loud chorus of their Echoing Voices shakes up the cave and all those in it. You sit on a rock, injured, with Wildfire in your lap taking cover from the commotion all around you. With the storm not letting up any time soon, you decide to go check on those Tiny Pidgeons to see if you can help. You take the branch you used earlier, and you stand with it. Most of the pain has subsided; however, putting weight on your ankle still hurts a lot.

    You begin your journey further into the cave with Wildfire by your side. You stress the importance of staying nearby to keep the area well lit, and Wildfire fervently obeys. As you walk inward, there is a brief moment of silence; being about as far away from the storm as you are from the battle you expected to hear traces of. You press on, and all of a sudden you hear a boom, perhaps a crash. The rumbling ceases, and you begin to hear a soft cooing noise. Moving cautiously now, you continue to hear the cooing getting slightly louder. You sense the presence of another individual nearby.

    The flames radiating off Wildfire's back shine in the tunnel, and you peer further in to see a little lump lying on the ground. You slowly approach the small shadow, and your Cyndaquil's light fills in the color to reveal one of the Pidove on the ground. Wildfire is the first on the scene as he checks out the bird. With your limited range of motion, you don't see any visible damage. The Pidove arouses, as if it were awakened by your presence. It looks around, and immediately notices it's in a cave. It begins to speak. Wildfire listens to it and tries to relay the message to you. He pats the ground three times, and then he flaps his arms. Next he spins around haphazardly changing directions. He walks over to the wall of the tunnel, still flapping his arms, and he taps his head, gently, on it. He points to the Pidove, and then he just shrugs.

    "Starrrrrr!" you hear from further down the tunnel. You also hear some rather loud cooing. The Pidove looks a little worried.

    Seeing this, you bend over to it, as comfortably as you can, and you explain to it in which direction the exit is. The Pidove nods and gets on its feet and begins to walk away. You watch the Tiny Pidgeon walk away fading, once again, into the darkness. Turning around you and Wildfire press on.

    You continue walking in the tunnel, hearing various noises from time to time. It seems the battle, Wildfire told you about is still going on. You think again about not moving on; but then the thought of the other two Pidove enters your mind, and you keep walking. The noises get louder all get louder, the different sets of bird calls and the grunting and crashing. Further up you start to see some faint light, bluish in color. You look to Wildfire, who returns a nod to you, and you warn him to be more cautious. Slow and steady, you make your way towards the light with the crashing sounds startling you every so often.

    As you approach the mouth to the cavern you begin to see streaks of grey fly by. Before entering you rest briefly, as hobbling on a crutch took a lot out of you. You hear a woman's voice, "Wings, use Hidden Power!"

    You and Wildfire peek into the room, and you see a larger grey and white bird with a curl on its head on one side and a woman behind that Staravia. On the other side you see a small lake in the corner and also what appears to be a dark-colored rock with three legs and glowing blue crystals on it. You see the Staravia glowing a faint orange glow, and it flies directly at the Boldore. Little orange orbs expel from the Starling Pokemon, and they land all around Boldore, most of them colliding with it. The force of the attack knocks Boldore off its feet briefly, but it gets back up. The Staravia, flies over by the lake and hovers there.

    Boldore turns to face the Staravia now. The blue gems all over its body begin to flash in varying intensities. Rays fire from the gems, converge at one central location for more power and fire at Staravia. "Dodge that Wings!" the woman yells. Wings, a little slow to react, flaps its wings to fly up over the attack, but unfortunately its feet get catch some of the ray. Staravia calls out in pain, and falters a bit; but recovers well enough from not taking the full brunt of the attack. "Wings, stay right there, and use Hidden Power!" You wonder why she orders it not to move, but when you see Staravia start to glow blue you see why. Staravia's glowing also seems to have stirred up the waters of the lake. Orbs of the Hidden Power, along with some orbs of the lake water, shoot through the air pelting Boldore all over, once again knocking the Ore Pokemon off its feet.

    Staravia flies over to its trainer's side, and you notice the pair seem to be guarding something. The Boldore notices this too. Boldore powers up another attack, and it seems to be aiming for the back corner of the cavern. "It's going to attack," the woman says to you. "Please help us protect these Pidove." It seems you found the other two Pidove cowering in the corner shivering.

    What will you do?
    The pair continued walking in silence with Wildfire lighting the path and Melissa carefully watching her step. As they walk, the teen noticed her ankle hurt a lot less than it had earlier and she was relieved; in that case, it was more likely a badly-twisted or sprained ankle, as opposed to a broken one, and the former would, hopefully, recover before they had to do anything involving running. She frequently glanced ahead as they got deeper into the cave, expecting to hear the sounds of a Pokemon battle, but there was only silence. Wildfire scampered a few feet in front and paused, waiting for her to catch up, before moving ahead a few more feet; he seemed unusually worried about the little birds, though Melissa had no idea why.

    A sudden boom followed by a crash startled the both of them, Wildfire’s flames flaring brighter before returning to their previous brightness and Melissa jumping, sending a jolt of pain up her leg as she accidentally put weight on her injured ankle. She hissed, but the noise was lost in the rumbling of the cave, though Wildfire glanced at her for a moment. Once the rumbling settled down, the pair was preparing to continue on their way when they both paused; was that…cooing?

    Wildfire led the way towards the noise, making sure his trainer’s path was well-lit. Once they can see the bird lying on the ground, though, the Cyndaquil hurries over to make sure it’s fine. From where she stood, Melissa couldn’t see any visible damage, so she guessed it might have just hit its head on the walls or ceiling. Once Wildfire spoke with the Pidove, he signed the message out again and Melissa was reasonably sure of her answer when she asked, “So the little dude lost control while he was flying and knocked himself out on the wall, huh?” it was more of a statement than a question.

    The pair jumped again when they heard the noise from further in the cave and the Pidove looked a little worried. Melissa hissed again, as she put weight on her injured ankle for the second time in the last five minutes or so, and Wildfire looked concernedly at her. “It’s fine,” she told him, as the pain retreated. “As long as I don’t walk on it, I should be fine.” She then turned to the Pidove and addressed it. “I’m sure you can’t wait to get out of this cave, so the exit’s that way.” She pointed back the way the pair had come from. “It should be a straight shot, so just keep moving forward and you should be fine.”

    The little Pokemon nodded in response and walked away, leaving the pair to watch it disappear into the darkness. Melissa was a bit surprised to realize that she couldn’t see the entrance to the cave anymore; she hadn’t realized they’d walked so far. She exchanged glances and a nod with Wildfire, before they continued forward.

    As they got closer to the battle, Melissa began hearing noises. That’s a pretty long battle, she thought, feeling as though it had been a while since she’d sent Wildfire off to check out the cave. The injured teen considered stopping or turning around, as the battle noises got louder, but the worried Pidove they’d sent on its way came to mind; she somehow felt that it had entrusted her with the task of finding and aiding its friends, so, with an almost-inaudible sigh, she pushed on.

    They were now close enough that she could see a bluish light coming from the cavern ahead of them and she glanced at her Cyndaquil. “Be careful, alright?” she said. He nodded in response. Slowly, the pair approached the opening to the cavern and peeked in to catch a glimpse of the battle, Melissa taking a seat near their window.

    They watched the back-and-forth match between—what she recognized as—the girl’s Staravia and some (unknown to her) rock/jewel-like Pokemon. She watched it get hit by the Staravia’s Hidden Power and retaliate with ray of light from its gems. Pulling out her Pokedex while keeping an eye on the battle, she pointed it towards the unknown Pokemon.

    ”Number 525: Boldore, the Ore Pokemon. A Rock-type Pokemon. Evolutionary form of Roggenrola. Evolves into Gigalith by trading. The orange crystals on its body were formed by an overflow of power. It looks for underground water in caves.”

    “Hm…” Melissa put the Pokedex away, wincing slightly as the Staravia is brushed by the ray. She briefly wondered why the trainer didn’t have her Pokemon move away from the lake, but, as the Hidden Power began to manifest, Melissa saw why; it was a Water-type Hidden Power this time. The…Boldore, was it?...toppled over from the attack and the Staravia returned to the trainer’s side. Melissa thought it was odd until Wildfire pointed out the two huddling Pidove behind the other pair. Unfortunately, the Boldore had either seen Wildfire’s gesture or had noticed it himself as it aimed straight for the little birds this time.

    The other trainer seemed to have finally noticed the watching pair. “It’s going to attack,” she called out. “Please help us protect these Pidove.”

    Melissa gave the slightest nod to indicate that she’d heard and was going to lend a hand. Turning to Wildfire, she quietly said, “See if you can Dig your way towards the Boldore and position yourself right underneath it. Once you get there, open a small hole and send a Smokescreen into its face to throw off its aim, then burst out of the ground with a Reversal. Hopefully, we can distract it that way and remember, you’re smaller than it; you can move faster, but you need to be careful, alright?” Wildfire nodded solemnly, before diving into the ground. Orders given, the only thing Melissa could do now was watch and wait.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~Island Ports~ -> ~Shaman River~

    Mon1010: The thwarted theft of the Moo Moo Ice Cream was cause for celebration, but it was only short-lived. The thief in question awakened from its nap and ran off swiping a jar of honey. Frank watched the third theft occur, and as you prepared to follow the Little Bear into the woods, he lent you his Pokemon Ranger Alert device in the event of something sinister.

    "By the way," Frank stopped and called out to you, "many of the Pokemon around here live around Shaman River. Maybe you should start there." He continued walking away.

    Taking Frank's advice, you left town and walked along a path to the river. Being a major source for commerce, the path to the river was paved with stone; so it was easy to follow. Walking along the path you noticed that most of the area around you was shrouded with trees. You veered from the path in order to follow the river into the forest. After many yards of walking along the river's edge, you decided that the bear Pokemon won't be found along the river. You reflected on the Teddiursa's dream you saw. The Little Bear Pokemon were further in the forest not near the river in a clearing. You thought it might be best to try to find that spot to see if they were still there. You stopped for a moment to make a plan. You would still follow the river, but you'd first travel deeper in the forest then make sure you would continue such that the river would always be on your left.

    Along your walk in the forest, you're startled by the sound of some rustling in the woods. Thinking it could be the Teddiursa, you planned to follow the rustling and catch the little thief. The rustling continued, and you followed it from bush to bush until finally it stopped at a thick patch of bushes. Looking at the bushes, it seemed to you that they were arranged as some sort of cover.

    Treading cautiously, you slowly approached the bush cover. Spotting a hole you peeked in and began crawling in, with Shaana sitting on your back. Looking inside you spotted a long white creature with long brown stripes. Luckily the Linoone hasn't seen you. You saw it carrying something in its mouth. It appeared to be a twig of some bluish berries; you counted four of them. In the Linoone's den, you also saw three smaller brown and white creatures lying on the floor. They weren't moving at the sight of the Linoone; the Zigzagoon actually seemed to be in pain. You couldn't tell with their wavy brown and white fur, but the Zigzagoon children were all suffering from burns. The Linoone laid the twig of Rawst Berries on the floor picking one off to give to each of its Tiny Racoon children.

    You are immediately reminded of the Teddiursa's dream, and the Ursaring that was badly burnt. Things were starting to come together as you watched the Zigzagoon eat their berries.

    As you shifted your leg, a twig snapped, and that alerted the Linoone to your presence. The Rush Pokemon gathered up its children and put them on its back. The Linoone then ran out of the den through another portal leaving the area empty. You didn't mean to startle them; but with how quickly it reacted, you couldn't have stopped them if you wanted. On the floor of the den lie a single Rawst Berry, still on the twig. Perhaps it would behoove you to hold onto this berry in the event you might need it for -

    All of a sudden, "Pommmmm!" a loud scream interrupted your thoughts. Could it be whatever is responsible for injuring the Zigzagoon and the Ursaring? You could tell that the direction of the scream came from further in the forest in the same direction you were originally travelling.

    What will you do?



    Special Instructions: Please be aware you are now adventuring in Shaman River. Also if you decide to take the berry please make sure to post after your reply indicating you took the berry (like claiming a prize from the Casino or something).
    Scott decided to take Frank's advice, and follow the river. After a lot of walking, the Teddiursa was nowhere to be seen. After remembering the dream Shaana ate, the small bear wasn't in near a river, but further in a forest. He stopped for a moment to think, then he continued walking, making sure the river was on his left so he wouldn't get lost.

    After finally making it to the forest, Scott heard some rustling that came from a nearby bush. Thinking that the bear he was looking for might be the source of that rustling, he looked through all the bushes nearby, untill he eventually came across what was making that noise.

    There was a hole inside containing a Linoone, and her Zigzagoon cubs inside. The cubs looked like they were suffering from burns, and their mother was feeding the Rawst Berries. It was a cute, yet also heartbreaking scene. The Teddiursa also had dream that involved the forest being on fire, and an Ursaring that was badly burnt, things were starting to make sense now. But what could've caused that fire?

    Trying to back away slowly, and not disturb the Pokemon, Scott accidentally stepped on a twig. The noise of the twig breaking scared the Pokemon, and the Linoone and her children took off in a flash. Leaving behind a single Rawst berry. Scott though it might be a good idea to take this berry, Fire and burns seemed to be the theme of the day. So he picked it up, and put it in the berry compartment of his bag. "This could be useful later."

    As he thought about what to do next, a loud scream interupted his thoughts, coming from further into the forest. Without another thought, the trainer took off in the direction of the sound.


    Claiming one Rawst Berry
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

    RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

  21. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    7,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Toxic Marsh: Inhabited by countless bugs, the filth spewing from this marshy area is almost as disgusting as the rancid stench festering it. Covered by a thick blanket of fog, the marsh is almost impossible to navigate through. However, should you find yourself to the witchdoctor's old temple, the mysterious rewards are certain to make your venture less regrettable.
    "Weezing, weez?"

    "No, Gemini, we're not there yet," sighed Keith. This was about the hundredth time the exchange had taken place between Keith and his Weezing. It was getting quite irksome. Still, Keith couldn't completely blame his Pokemon. They were, after all, headed for the Toxic Marsh. Gemini, as a Weezing, were practically drooling when Keith read the area's description off his map to them. The rancid stench it was supposed to house seemed nothing short of paradise as far as the Weezing was concerned. Keith also couldn't wait to get there- putrid, rancid swamps were, in his experience, home to Poison-types of all kinds- his absolute favorite type. With this in mind, Keith failed to hold back an eager grin, as he and Gemini the Weezing continued to make their way towards Toxic Marsh.

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default Jak's Astoria Update #8

    I'm sorry for my slacking (complete with Truant) lately. Not to make excuses or anything, but it was all a combination of Doctor Who, the oppressive heat New England has been experiencing lately, and some personal issues. Anyway without further adieu...

    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: Your battle with the upset Qwilfish slowly starts to turn in your favor, when it started off in the hands or tail of the Balloon Pokemon. As you strategize more with Zoomer, Qwilfish is also forced to plan ahead. Qwilfish starts to tremble in place. For a moment you wonder whether it's scared or just planning something.

    To capitalize on Qwilfish's inaction, you start off by having Zoomer lower Qwilfish's attacking power by growling at it. The growling is soft at first but eventually it gets louder and fierce. Qwilfish shakes even more, and you realize it's not scared. It's seething with anger! Qwilfish fires a jet of water from its mouth. You notice the water is super heated because of the steam rising from the spray. The scalding water hits Zoomer and knocks him over. You see the attack did not cause any burns to the Feeling Pokemon. As he gets up ready for his next attack, Qwilfish jumps back into the lake.

    Almost as soon as Qwilfish disappears underwater, it reappears surrounded by water. It speeds towards Zoomer using it's aquatic power like a jet. Zoomer reacts quickly enough, and with his psychic powers, he is able to make Qwilfish think it is not about to strike Zoomer. Qwilfish, in its confusion, changes direction and collides with what it thinks is actually Zoomer but instead hits a tree.

    While Qwilfish redirected itself, Zoomer went hard at work preparing his next attack. His normally pink horn begins to glow green, and once the collision occurs, Zoomer commands the tall grass around the tree to tie Qwilfish up with a knot. As the Balloon is fastened to the tree, the knot is tied a bit tighter than last time. This time Qwilfish cannot get out right away. Struggling against the tree, Qwilfish fires waves of missiles all around. The pins fly in a few directions. The majority of the pin missiles fly at Zoomer. They're flying pretty quickly, so time is of the essence.

    What will you do?

    ------------------------------------------------------

    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Charminions: The Nidoran was doing well for herself against two tough Pokemon. For the time being, she was able to incapacitate Pigkey. Now she was about to deliver a particularly strong attack to Osage, Double Kick.

    You mull things over for a brief time, while she readies her attack. As her legs extend for a couple of kicks, Osage’s claw glows covered in icy energy. Osage takes one of the kicks to the abdomen, but at the same time, he is successful in punching Nidoran flank side. The punch throws her a few feet away, and the second kick is all but forgotten.

    Nidoran gets back on her feet once more, and she doesn’t look pleased. Quickly thinking, she begins to fire some quills at Osage hoping they poison him with their sting. At the same time, however, Osage begins to power up, and he begins to dance the dance of the sword-wielder. While dancing, the quills, that Nidoran fired, remarkably miss Osage as they bounce off his claws causing neither damage nor poison.

    With a newfound fighting spirit, Osage initiates his next attack. Charging towards the Poison Pin, Osage’s claw begins to glow with a darkened black hue. Osage begins to strike at Nidoran with his shadowy claw, slicing not her hide but her soul. She falls to the ground, but soon she is back on her feet. With a small burst of energy, she leaps at Osage, who was still nearby, tackling him to the ground.

    Nidoran hops off Osage immediately and shakes off the roughness of last round. Meanwhile Pigkey is having the time of her life lying on the ground drawing outlines of the clouds in the skies with her finger. She is still obviously under the effects of confusion, but at least she wasn’t attacking innocent trees. Nidoran quickly runs towards Osage, head down. Osage, who was just getting back on his feet, is head butted by the Poison Pin and once again is knocked off his feet.

    Both Nidoran and Osage are breathing heavily.

    What will you do?

    --------------------------------------------------------


    OkikuMew: "Ahh, that's comfortable," Andersen says as you help him to a chair to rest his leg. "So you'll go to Posy Field for me? This is great! Ok, have a seat. I need to give you some information," Andersen points at a chair by the table.

    "As you may be aware, there are seven types of Apricorns native to the Johto region. Those White Apricorns there create Fast Balls which really grab a hold of speedy Pokemon. My Scyther was caught with the very first one I made while learning from Kurt. For the record, I have plenty of those for the time being." He takes a book out and flips through some pages. He stops and shows you the next two. "There are also Green and Pink Apricorns which make Friend Balls and Love Balls, respectively. Don't worry too much about finding any of them. They tend to be more for breeders and coordinators. Eventually I'll be looking for them, but for now there are others more suited for the area." He turns a page to the next two. "The Black and Blue Apricorns, which produce the Heavy Ball and Lure Ball respectively. Blue Apricorns, especially, will fetch quite a bit seeing as how we're on an island. I would really appreciate if you can find a dozen of them." He turns the page one more time. "Finally we have the Red and Yellow Apricorns. The Red ones produce the Level Ball, and the Yellow ones produce the Moon Ball. Now those Heavy Balls will help all those trainers who like to explore the caves dotted around these islands since they are sturdy enough to hold the heaviest of Pokemon. Level Balls are great for experienced trainers who are looking for weak or younger Pokemon. Finally Moon Balls are attuned to the energy of the Moon Stone, so they'll catch Pokemon like Nidorino and Skitty much easier since they evolve using a Moon Stone. If you ask me, the crescent moon design on it looks great too."

    Andersen closes the book. "There you have it," he says. "Most Pokedexes will also have this information. Go ahead and look them up if you get out there, and you need more help. One last thing. Take that Apricorn Box on the work bench over there," he points to golden box with a white handle. "It should hold twenty-one Apricorns. If you can manage it, please get a dozen Blue Apricorns, three Black Apricorns, three Red Apricorns, and three Yellow Apricorns. While you're out, I'll be preparing those White Apricorns." He takes a Friend Ball, a green Pokeball with red spots on it, out and clicks it open to reveal a tall, thin, green and white Pokemon with blades on its arms. "Scyther and Gallade can go finish collecting the fire wood." Scyther and Gallade both walk outside to begin cutting up some trees.

    Andersen gets up slowly and hops over to his work bench. He places a stool by the leg he is standing on, and carefully he places his injured leg on the stool. "There, with all my tools and Apricorns nearby, I should be able to get them prepared earily. You don't need to worry about me. Take a few moments to prepare and head out. You can take the map with you, so you don't get lost. Oh, and please leave the door open when you go," you look outside and spot Scyther and Gallade. "No hands and all," he chuckles.

    What will you do?



    Special Instructions: At some point in your reply you'll need to write an intro to Posy Field.

    ------------------------------------------------------

    The Mystic Jungle
    ~Forgotten Ruins~

    Allishinca: A surprising discovery in the stadium leads to many, many questions. The venue itself looks nothing inside like it does on the outside. The place is filled to the brim with spectators, yet before entering you heard not a sound. What’s that voice warning you about? Can I fight Tyranitar next? No, that’s not your question but Pluto’s, as you watch him race to the battlefield.

    Pluto stands bravely in the center of the field ready to face the large Armor Pokémon on the other side of the field. Not surprisingly, with a Pokémon as large as Tyranitar on the field, you seem to lose sight of its trainer. Slowly, it begins to walk forward, getting bigger with each step. More menacing. More foreboding. More ominous. The battlefield rumbles with each step. You whip yourself around, quickly searching the field for the exit, and you notice the Steelix and its trainer is already off the field. The realization that the Tyranitar is walking up to you and Pluto sets in, and you decide to try and be brave like Pluto even though inside you are indeed panicking. The Tyranitar stops just a few feet away from Pluto. It’s much taller than you, and the shadow it casts completely envelopes you.

    “What’s this?” the announcer begins. “Has this trainer and her Sableye stepped forward to challenge Katsuyori?” The crowd, still searching for that new challenger, ends their search to face forward. “Yes folks, we have a new challenger!” the announcer proclaims. The crowd begins to cheer for you and Pluto.

    Tyranitar raises its arm. You see its claw glowing with darkness, and all of a sudden three claws imbued with shadow form. The Armor Pokémon pauses, shadowed claw still raised ready to strike. As if in slow motion, Tyranitar begins to slash at Pluto.

    You hide your head in your hands in fear for what’s about to happen to your partner. Suddenly, the stadium becomes completely silent. Peeking through your fingers, the once bright and bustling stadium is now dark and dismal as you would have expected it to be when you first entered. You look around furiously. The crowd is gone. Portions of the walls of the stadium are broken and damaged from time. Various plant life clings to the stadium once again.

    “You are not mad child,” you hear that voice again speaking more clearly. “That was merely an illusion I created.” You continue looking around for the source of the voice. “Right here,” the voice speaks again, and you turn your gaze to just in front of Pluto. You see a creature materialize, roughly twice as tall as Pluto. This brown Pokémon, with strange markings and green eyes, looks inquisitively at Pluto then to you. “I am Beheeyem, guardian of the Grass Paradise,” the Pokémon continues. “I was testing your bravery to determine if you are worthy of taking the Temple Challenge.” Pluto nods, like he knew what was going on. “I have five tests for you. Pass them all, and you will be allowed passage into the Paradise. The first of the five tests takes place in the Temple. If you wish to take the challenge, please meet me in the Temple at the base of the mountain.” The Beheeyem bows and in a blink, it teleports out of sight.

    Pluto doesn’t get the battle he appeared to be ready for, but perhaps more adventure for you both.

    What will you do?

    ----------------------------------------------------------

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: Once again, when the Surskit has the upper hand, or leg, it just runs off. Your curiosity gets the better of you, though, so you follow it out of the cavern. You pick Volts up into your arms, so he can conserve energy in the event you find the runaway Pond Skater. Almost immediately in the tunnel you feel the ground slope pretty steeply. You keep your footing despite the wet ground, but you decide to slow your pace. This is because not only is the ground wet and steep, but you are weary of surprises from Surskit like last time.

    As typically obsverved in the tunnels you've been in thus far, this one, too, is dark; and that coupled with the fact that you've been walking for quite a span of time leads you to believe you've lost it. You keep walking down the slope hoping to find another cavern or a fork or even, what is beginning to appear, a distant light. You grin a little as the distant light becomes brighter during your descent. You feel the ground beneath you level off.

    Ahead of you is bright light, and as you get closer you see trees and bushes and grass. You look through the mouth of the cave, and from what you can make out, you've fully descended the mountain. As you exit the cave you look around some more. There are bushes and trees all over the area. There appears to be a roughly made trail leading away from the cave into the woods. You look to your right, and you see another trail leading to some water. From that direction you hear some light splashing. Still cognizant of that slippery Surskit, you approach the body of water cautiously.

    You take cover behind a rock, and Volts jumps out of your arms looking a little better than when you exited the cavern. When you peek over the rock you see the Surskit playing on the water. It skates around on the large surface of the pond shooting bursts of water in the air for sport, like it's playing. Volts peers around the base of the rock to see as well. The Surskit notices you both and starts to approach you. Oddly enough it seems to be happy to see you. The Surskit begins spinning its body, which, as you remember, signifies it's about to swiftly shoot a number of star-shaped rays at you. Instead of taking cover right away, you continue to watch. As the stars fly at you, you see the Pond Skater surround itself in water. It speeds up, skating as fast as a jet through a makeshift tunnel of stars.

    You both stare at the spectacle too long, and Surskit crashes into the rock you were hiding behind along with the Swift attack. The combination of the Swift and Aqua Jet attacks destroy the rock knocking you and Volts back. Although Volts took some damage, you remember that Surskit's attack was lowered from before and that a Pachirisu can typically survive the special power of a Swift attack. Volts gets on his feet awaiting your orders.

    What will you do?

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    The Island
    ~The Lakes~

    TutorX: Your battle with the upset Qwilfish slowly starts to turn in your favor, when it started off in the hands or tail of the Balloon Pokemon. As you strategize more with Zoomer, Qwilfish is also forced to plan ahead. Qwilfish starts to tremble in place. For a moment you wonder whether it's scared or just planning something.

    To capitalize on Qwilfish's inaction, you start off by having Zoomer lower Qwilfish's attacking power by growling at it. The growling is soft at first but eventually it gets louder and fierce. Qwilfish shakes even more, and you realize it's not scared. It's seething with anger! Qwilfish fires a jet of water from its mouth. You notice the water is super heated because of the steam rising from the spray. The scalding water hits Zoomer and knocks him over. You see the attack did not cause any burns to the Feeling Pokemon. As he gets up ready for his next attack, Qwilfish jumps back into the lake.

    Almost as soon as Qwilfish disappears underwater, it reappears surrounded by water. It speeds towards Zoomer using it's aquatic power like a jet. Zoomer reacts quickly enough, and with his psychic powers, he is able to make Qwilfish think it is not about to strike Zoomer. Qwilfish, in its confusion, changes direction and collides with what it thinks is actually Zoomer but instead hits a tree.

    While Qwilfish redirected itself, Zoomer went hard at work preparing his next attack. His normally pink horn begins to glow green, and once the collision occurs, Zoomer commands the tall grass around the tree to tie Qwilfish up with a knot. As the Balloon is fastened to the tree, the knot is tied a bit tighter than last time. This time Qwilfish cannot get out right away. Struggling against the tree, Qwilfish fires waves of missiles all around. The pins fly in a few directions. The majority of the pin missiles fly at Zoomer. They're flying pretty quickly, so time is of the essence.

    What will you do?

    Niles lets out a loud angry growl as Zoomer gets hit with the hot water. He would not stand for his pokemon getting hurt! Zoomer gets back up and cries out softly to try to calm Niles down. Niles realized they weird way he was acting and gave an awkward smile to the injured boy, hoping he didn't scare him. Suddenly the Qwilfish dived out of the water, apparently in went back in, heading straight for Zoomer. Zoomer reacting quickly redirected the Qwilfish smashing it into the tree; following it up by quickly tying it up with a grass knot. Niles sighed, this time it wouldn't be getting out to easily, and even if it did it would smash into the ground. Suddenly the annoying spikeball let out a barrage of spikes.

    "Zoomer quickly teleport on top of the Qwilfish to dodge the spikes. Then send out a signal beam straight in it's face and then another signal beam." Niles commanded. He had luckily gotten more inspiration for plans. As this was happening Niles runs towards the injured bag holding up his bag, hoping it will protect the two of them.


    Stats
    Last edited by YDT; 31st July 2012 at 3:48 PM.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Eyrie Peak
    ~Adventure Path~

    Charminions: The Nidoran was doing well for herself against two tough Pokemon. For the time being, she was able to incapacitate Pigkey. Now she was about to deliver a particularly strong attack to Osage, Double Kick.

    You mull things over for a brief time, while she readies her attack. As her legs extend for a couple of kicks, Osage’s claw glows covered in icy energy. Osage takes one of the kicks to the abdomen, but at the same time, he is successful in punching Nidoran flank side. The punch throws her a few feet away, and the second kick is all but forgotten.

    Nidoran gets back on her feet once more, and she doesn’t look pleased. Quickly thinking, she begins to fire some quills at Osage hoping they poison him with their sting. At the same time, however, Osage begins to power up, and he begins to dance the dance of the sword-wielder. While dancing, the quills, that Nidoran fired, remarkably miss Osage as they bounce off his claws causing neither damage nor poison.

    With a newfound fighting spirit, Osage initiates his next attack. Charging towards the Poison Pin, Osage’s claw begins to glow with a darkened black hue. Osage begins to strike at Nidoran with his shadowy claw, slicing not her hide but her soul. She falls to the ground, but soon she is back on her feet. With a small burst of energy, she leaps at Osage, who was still nearby, tackling him to the ground.

    Nidoran hops off Osage immediately and shakes off the roughness of last round. Meanwhile Pigkey is having the time of her life lying on the ground drawing outlines of the clouds in the skies with her finger. She is still obviously under the effects of confusion, but at least she wasn’t attacking innocent trees. Nidoran quickly runs towards Osage, head down. Osage, who was just getting back on his feet, is head butted by the Poison Pin and once again is knocked off his feet.

    Both Nidoran and Osage are breathing heavily.

    What will you do?
    Nidoran begins charging forward, her legs prepared to deliver a pair of kicks. Charm quickly shouts his orders, seeing the danger the fighting attack could do to his Sneasel. With an affirmative nod, Osage leaps forward taking the first kick before knocking the Nidoran away with an Ice Punch. "... well atleast that stopped the second kick," Charm said.

    The Nidoran soon gets up once again, looking even more pissed at Osage and his trainer. Osage starts up a Swords Dance, weaving his claws around as if they're swords while Nidoran starts firing multiple Poison Stings. Osage effectively blocks off the stingers with his claws as he performs his dance to boost his attack power. "Awesome," Charm said in awe as his Pokemon effectively used a status boosting move in a defensive way.

    Now boosted up and ready to wreck things up, Osage charges ghost energy into his claw before slashing the Nidoran with the power of the Shadows. The blow definitely delivered, leaving Charm's grin to remain where it is, but Nidoran soon gets up once more before Tackling the closeby Sneasel. "This is one tough, Nidoran. Maybe we'll need Pigkey's help," he said, looking to his side to find Pigkey still confused, but at least she's not attacking trees anymore. Osage begins standing back up from the previous Tackle before getting Headbutted by the Nidoran, knocking him back down.

    "Well shoot." Without many options, he simply walks over to Pigkey and gives her a reasonable smack over the head. Without even checking to see if Pigkey's confusion was knocked out of her, he calls out his next orders. "Sorry about that Pigkey, but we really need your help. Give the Nidoran a Smack Down before delivering a Mega Punch! Osage, burst out a Frost Breath before using Crush Claw!"


    Leaving Pokeball (4/5) on standby.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post

    ~Waterfall Valley~

    Myrrh: Once again, when the Surskit has the upper hand, or leg, it just runs off. Your curiosity gets the better of you, though, so you follow it out of the cavern. You pick Volts up into your arms, so he can conserve energy in the event you find the runaway Pond Skater. Almost immediately in the tunnel you feel the ground slope pretty steeply. You keep your footing despite the wet ground, but you decide to slow your pace. This is because not only is the ground wet and steep, but you are weary of surprises from Surskit like last time.

    As typically obsverved in the tunnels you've been in thus far, this one, too, is dark; and that coupled with the fact that you've been walking for quite a span of time leads you to believe you've lost it. You keep walking down the slope hoping to find another cavern or a fork or even, what is beginning to appear, a distant light. You grin a little as the distant light becomes brighter during your descent. You feel the ground beneath you level off.

    Ahead of you is bright light, and as you get closer you see trees and bushes and grass. You look through the mouth of the cave, and from what you can make out, you've fully descended the mountain. As you exit the cave you look around some more. There are bushes and trees all over the area. There appears to be a roughly made trail leading away from the cave into the woods. You look to your right, and you see another trail leading to some water. From that direction you hear some light splashing. Still cognizant of that slippery Surskit, you approach the body of water cautiously.

    You take cover behind a rock, and Volts jumps out of your arms looking a little better than when you exited the cavern. When you peek over the rock you see the Surskit playing on the water. It skates around on the large surface of the pond shooting bursts of water in the air for sport, like it's playing. Volts peers around the base of the rock to see as well. The Surskit notices you both and starts to approach you. Oddly enough it seems to be happy to see you. The Surskit begins spinning its body, which, as you remember, signifies it's about to swiftly shoot a number of star-shaped rays at you. Instead of taking cover right away, you continue to watch. As the stars fly at you, you see the Pond Skater surround itself in water. It speeds up, skating as fast as a jet through a makeshift tunnel of stars.

    You both stare at the spectacle too long, and Surskit crashes into the rock you were hiding behind along with the Swift attack. The combination of the Swift and Aqua Jet attacks destroy the rock knocking you and Volts back. Although Volts took some damage, you remember that Surskit's attack was lowered from before and that a Pachirisu can typically survive the special power of a Swift attack. Volts gets on his feet awaiting your orders.

    What will you do?
    "Gaahh, again!? And we just sat and watched this time!
    .....that kinda hurt." Myrrh got back to his feet. He was beginning to come up with a plan of action, but was also wondering why the Surskit seemed so weird to him. He didn't think much of it though, he figured that Surskit wasn't exactly happy to see them, but happy to be able to get another chance to beat up on him and Volts instead.

    "All right, this time we'll get it for sure, Volts. I think we're gonna have to go for broke here by simply hitting it with the strongest attacks you have. First try to hit it from a distance with your Seed Bomb, then get in close for an Iron Tail. Then finally, give your Crossfire a try. Go!"

    Myrrh stood back to watch. He was slightly worried, as this would be the first time Volts would attempt to use Crossfire. He hoped it wouldn't backfire on him instead.....he chuckled at the slight pun he made in his thoughts



Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •