Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy: Looking to ease the stress that comes with being a Pokémon trainer you set course for Ampere Beach – and with temperatures reaching record highs you couldn’t have picked a better day to visit. Sheldon scuttles narrowly in tow, content in soaking up the suns nutrients with his twinleaves. Topless models litter the sunbeds whilst kids queue a mile long for a scoop of imported castellia ice cream. You sample the warm tide as you continue down the coast, the shallow water gently pressing against the sand and beaching the odd Staryu. You finally make camp at a flat stretch of sand in the centre of the beach. The static tingles up your body as you roll onto your back. Suddenly the aches and pains from your active lifestyle melt away, the blisters on your feet soothed by the soft sand between your toes. With Turtwig resting by your side you feel completely relaxed... YOW! You suddenly leap to your feet, a sharp pain striking your rear. As far as your neck allows you to bend you spot a small Corphish pinching your swim shorts in a Vice Grip and doesn’t want to let go! What will you do?

This was really everything Andy could have asked for. The warm sun, a relaxing sound of the waves, the soothing sand, the intense pain of his left buttcheek being cleaved in two...

"WHAT THE F-!"

Andy sprang to life, attracting the attention of the majority beach-goers, who only stared in shock to begin with before being replaced with a thinly concealed veil of laughter, as he ran up and down the beach, shaking his behind like he was attempting some kind of ancient, ceremonial dance.

Finally bringing himself to looking down at the source of the pain he was greeted by the gaze of small, red Pokemon that seemed to have attached itself to his derriere, dangling loosely from a pincer that dug painfully into his flesh. For a moment they only stared at each other blankly, before Andy redoubled his efforts to shake the unwelcome bottom-pinching crustacean off.

"Help me Sheldon!" The Trainer shouted to his Pokemon, who had amazingly managed to stay asleep up to this point. Hearing his Trainer's voice, the Turtwig shook himself awake and studied the scene that was unfolding in front of him.

"Turt?" It said, probably wondering whether it was still asleep or not and this was just a very weird dream.

"Don't just stand there, Sheldon!" Andy called to his Pokemon, a hint of desperation now in his voice. He pointed frantically at the Corphish, "Get this thing off me! Tackle it until it lets go!"
    Last edited by Trainer Andy; 1st April 2012 at 11:37 AM.

- - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post

::Raikou's Effigy::

Nightfall715: You smile at the sight of the cute Shinx that stood before you, looking at you with reserved curiosity. Black on the other hand teased and taunted the Electric-type, who, though frowning a little bit, remained generally unphazed by her insults; a thing which caused quite an impression on you while annoying the Purrloin greatly. Black was ready to tear a new hole across the Shinx's neck but when you show interest in catching it she looks back at you in shock, the mere suggestion nearly offending the mischieveous cat Pokémon. At least she would get a chance to beat it up as much as she could, and she got ready for action with that thought in mind.

As you issue your orders Black lunges forward at an amazing speed, slashing across the Shinx's face with a fierce Scratch, the young cub wincing in pain from the attack. It wasn't going to just sit there and quietly take that punishment however, as it quickly retaliated with a determined Leer, the impression stunning Black in place and leaving her vulnerable as it rammed against her with a powerful Tackle, sending her flying a few feet back from the impact.

Black angrily gets back to her feet, feeling all the more annoyed, but the Shinx didn't seem to hold such rancour, instead merely focusing in holding its ground. From what you can gather it seemed to be made of tougher wood than most, if at least only in attitude. One thing is for sure, it'll take more than just a scratch to tame this fellah!

What will you do?

Nightfall, I'm allowing up to three commands per Pokémon for each response. Good Luck!

Black swiftly scratched the Shinx, but the Shinx uses a determined Leer, which stuns Black in place. Fiona chose this moment to face palm. Then the Shinx tackles, sending Black flying a couple of feet back. Black denies this, however as she hops right back to face the Shinx.

"Alright, Black, get behind the Shinx and then hop on top of it and ride it like a pony!" Fiona ordered, and Black was reculdent to obey, but then realized why - Her ability, Limber, prevented Paralyzation. If the Shinx's ability was static, it couldn't hurt Black. She nodded and prepared to follow this unusual order.
    EPIC SIG HERE

The Ghostly Galleon

Unowenisawesome: With Gene the Metang robustly hovering by your side you make your way toward the last known sighting place of the most fearsome pirate ship of the seven seas. Fuelled by the folk law surrounding this particular stretch of beach, you skim the dark horizon in hopes of spotting anything out of the ordinary. Minutes seem to fly by as you slump into the cool sand with a sense of boredom. Gene shuts his eyes as though powering down, anchoring close by. Just as you’re ready to make tracks back to mainland, you notice something glowing brightly far into the ocean. Your eyes squint as you focus on the bobbing light, its neon hue illuminating the surrounding water from navy to turquoise. You start to pick out its features as it bobs slightly closer to the shore: two club-like arms splashing either side of its podgy body, large antennae draping from its translucent head. More noticeable was the ruby gem flashing faintly on its chest, the yellow circles around its eyes matching the hypnotising glow. The sea angel waves its arms excitedly as it invites you to play in the ocean. Whilst investigating an old legend it looks like you found something more legendary than you bargained for. What will you do?

Emp...You, are awesome. And as long as you keep the updates like this I'm good with the shortness.

Jayce and Metang began their search along the beach. There were no Pokemon as far as they could see and the legend of the fearsome haunting pirate ship was not looking too good. Jayce looked across the water seeing nothing within the horizon. It may be dark out, but if anything were there they would've been able to see it. It seemed the legend was not turning up...Maybe they came on the wrong day? Either way Jayce and Gene continued looking to the horizon and around this part of the beach. After a good deal of time Jayce, slumped over in the sand. It was nice and cool. Gene even rested nearby. It closed it's eyes slowly, as if shutting down. Jayce wondered if Gene was able to dream. After all he is basically magnetism inside. *But then again Gene does consciously think. It doesn't seem impossible. Maybe I should get some sleep...* Jayce was about to drift off, but then remembered where they were. He didn't want anything stolen from him. He looked over at Gene and even though he was hovering, he looked peaceful. Jayce decided he would let Gene rest and he would watch for anything. Jayce didn't have to wait very long, as Gene opened it's eyes after a very short time. When Jayce noticed he asked, "Do you really only have to sleep for that long?" Gene nodded, well, actually rocked it's whole body, since it didn't really have a neck. Jayce looked back to the path they had come from. It looked like they were going to go back unscathed. He took one last long look back at the water. As he was about to turn back he noticed something. An odd bright glow. Jayce attempted to squint his eyes to see what it could be. *Could it really be that legend? I can't believe it... But I can't tell.* He looked over to Gene and asked hopefully, "Gene can you see what that is?" Gene did not respond so Jayce took that as a no. Whatever it was it seemed to be getting closer. As it approached Jayce realized it was definitely not a ship. It was probably a Pokemon. He could make out two arms because of the glow. Then he saw the antennae and the red Gem. The markings around the eyes. Jayce was almost in shock. He didn't need the Pokedex for this one. When he was still dreaming of adventuring he had read about many Legendary Pokemon. It was Manaphy... *It can't be... There's no way...* Gene simply saw it as another Pokemon and wondered if Jayce intended to capture it. Gene would have laughed at Jayce's incredulous face. However Jayce gave no order so Gene stood by. As the Manaphy approached it waved it's arms as if it wanted to play. Jayce broke out of his shock and thought that if something so cute and small wanted to play, he was going to play. It didn't matter that it was a Legendary Pokemon. Manaphy just seemed to innocent and playful to try and fight and catch. Jayce took off most of his clothes, for underneath he had a bathing suit. He knew that he would probably be going in the water at some point. "Gene can you watch all of our things?" Gene nodded and moved back so that both Jayce's items and Jayce would be in it's line of sight. Jayce walked in till the water reached his waist and bobbed under. Being a little past midnight, the water was very cold. However once he finally got used to it, he swam towards Manaphy, Gene watching them diligently.

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.

Northern Beaches
    Unless you're travelling along the Hydra River, the northern beaches tend to attract the wealthier crowd due to the fact the small beaches lining its shore have been purchased privately by those who have subsequently built properties by the water. Some of the rarer water and electric type Pokémon can be found along here, but if a wealthy beach owner finds you trespassing on their land there may be some unpleasant consequences.

Areas:
    Raine's Wildlife Park: A nice spot for a family day out, Raine's Wildlife Park is open to visitors who are interested in seeing some of Whale Island's native Pokémon without having to venture too far themselves.
    Rey stops walking and looks around. "Wow... such a nice day for a swim. I haven't swam for months because of schoolwork swamping me and.. of course... you." Rey smiles then bursts into laughter.

"Yeah. You wouldn't be in the Dean's List if it wasn't for me. You owe me one!" telepathically projected by Kara as he smirks.

"Yeah, thanks buddy. I don't know where I'd be without you. Seriously, where are we?"

The duo continues walking down the path they took, reaching a sign board.

"Raine's Wildlife Park"

The young boy's face brightens up as he reads the sign. "Oh yay! Finally we can get a move on. It says here visitors are welcome... so I'm assuming we're allowed to catch Pokemon. I've been itching to catch some Pokemon! I guess we can cool down once we get there."

"Ay! It took us some time to get here. But we're here and boy... is the line long or what? Look at those kids... happy with their parents. I wish my parents were as fun as them. But I guess they are pretty cool for letting me go off on this journey. They probably know how dependable you are, Kara.

Come on, let's line up. I'll bring out our snacks with our water canteens as we wait. I really hope we see some awesome Pokemon, and we can catch some too!"

"Me too... it's getting lonely to be your only one." The Ralts smiles at his trainer.
    Last edited by Pengyzu; 2nd April 2012 at 2:49 AM.

Default Whale Island - o2

Raine’s Wildlife Park

Pengyzu: Welcome aboard Pengy. Be sure to follow the rules and post in Deepskyblue and most importantly... have fun!

Looking to wind down and meet new friends along the way, you and Kara set your sights on Raine’s Recreational Park – a playground full of attractions and wildlife exhibits that would surely make for a fun adventure. With a queue a mile long putting your excitement to a halt, you grab some snacks whilst reading one of the park’s brochures. Crumbs fall onto an illustration of the famous adventurer Raine rising out of the water on the nose of Shamu the Wailord – the water park’s star attraction. It looked like you couldn’t have picked a better day to visit either, you overhear a group of adults talking about Keiko the baby Wailmer’s debut performance in Raine’s Wet ‘n’ Wild show. After a long wait you finally reach the front of the queue, buying tickets for yourself and the juvenile Ralts who’s literally bursting with excitement. As you roll through the park turnstiles you look in awe at the attractions. You were spoilt for choice with stadiums, pools, waterslides and aquariums galore. There was a signpost just ahead, but before you have time to examine it you spot a young man in the corner of your eye.

“Hey! You look like a lively young go-getter!” a blond adolescent sporting a jet-black wetsuit tugs you away from the busy mainstreet. You recognised him as Raine – the guy on the front of the brochure! Before you can introduce yourself he’s quick to pose a proposition to you: “You see, today is Keiko’s first show. And I need a trainer like you to tour him around the park, get him used to being around humans and maybe use him in a battle. I’d do it myself but the big show starts in just a few hours! What do you say?” Raine smiles holding out a Dive Ball in hopes you’ll take him up on his offer. He wouldn’t mind if you passed him up on it though, after all you had your own Pokémon to spend time with too. What will you do?

The Ghostly Galleon

UNowenwasme?: With the salty sea air sharpening your senses you lunge bravely ahead, the cold water slapping against your skin like an icy tundra. As the surf reaches your waist You do a light breaststroke out into the sea. The first few lunges are unbearable, but your body quickly gets used to the cold as you make it further out. The waves were bumpy but it was nothing you couldn’t handle. Like a lighthouse drawing you in the playful Manaphy waves its arms jovially “Mana! Mana!” You up your pace ready to burst with excitement, few people had ever sighted such an elusive Pokémon and yet this one was inviting you to play. Almost a mile out from shore you look back at Gene who analyses patiently, his blue coat glistening under the moonlight. You turn back to the sea angel, who wasn’t far at all. The water around it was warm and comforting, its glowing body illuminating all the way down to the sandy seabed. You find yourself lost for words, but fortunately this Pokémon wasn’t much of a talker. The Manaphy calls its name again, this time you notice movement on the sea floor! Bubbles rise to the surface as a couple of Wooper swim out from a sea cavern, the coral beds rustling as a school of Goldeen and Magikarp emerge. A group of Corphish scuttle out from under their rocks and a finally a bunch of Barboach a tunnel up from beneath the sand. The group of Water Pokémon swim half way up to the surface, circling each other in a trance. Manaphy then starts pelting weak Energy Balls under the surface for target practice. The sea angel wants you to join in!

Play Magikarp’s Ripple Reaction and post up your score! If you have problems with this then let me know and I’ll think of something else

Ampere Beach

Dark Searchman: Having only just started your vacation you find yourself on the bad side of an Exeggutor due to an unfortunate mix-up. It was one on one, or technically two on three. Regardless of the odds against you, you volley out a quick set of orders in hopes of lumbering the hefty palm tree. Ralts sends a confident colour your way as he puffs up his chest and lets off a Growl. The weak howl echoes rather anticlimactically through the air, one of the Exeggutor heads raising an eyebrow whilst the other chuckles at your intimidation tact. The Coconut Pokémon quickly retaliates by waving its palmy hair and shaking lose another Barrage. The bombs explode down the sand, a great deal hitting Ralts. The psychic type stubbornly hops back to his feet, this time shooting off a faint blue beam of energy which strikes the Pokémon’s trunk for a weak blow. The Exeggutor stumbles forward, raising a foot to Stomp on Ralts – but what’s this? The Feeling Pokémon’s attack landed Confusion! This causes a complete misfire as the Exeggutor’s foot stamps into the sand inches from your Pokémon. It dizzily raises another foot, looking a bit off-balance. Noticing the signs of a Pokémon battle, several kids start to crowd around in a circle, some rooting for the underdog whilst a few others chant “SQUASH THAT RALTS!”. What will you do?

Trainer Andy: Just as you were drifting away on the sandy stretch you find there’s more to beach life than relaxation as a nearby Corphish doesn’t like the colour of your swim shorts. You curse in pain as you try to wriggle the thing off to no avail – he was stuck on tight and wasn’t looking to let go any time soon. A crowd start to gather in hysterics at your misfortune. You roll your eyes - times like this called for action, and it was up to Sheldon to save the day. Ordering him to Tackle the Corphish loose you nervously turn your back to the snapping turtle. Sheldon nods, pawing at the sand as he charges forward. Turtwig then leaps into the air, lowering his head with the crawdad in his sights. However the Corphish has other plans, Vice Gripping your other cheek and quickly swinging out of the way. Turtwig can’t slow down, hitting dead-on where the Corphish had just let go adding insult to an already throbbing injury! The crab taunts the little grass type, which doesn’t go down well at all. You wince as you sense the Turtwig rebound forward with another Tackle. This time the Corphish doesn’t have time to dodge, growling in pain as it’s hit by the strike. The hit is enough for it to let go, dropping down into the sand and clawing its way to its feet. Whilst your caboose had never felt so sore, and probably needed medical attention, there was a battle underway just ahead - Corphish opens a pincer to release a flurry of Bubbles, slapping Sheldon in the face and spurring him into combat.

Crater Lake

Itzatrap: Having just reached your destination you’re quick to find that goings-on around Crater Lake are far from dormant as the teenage redhead quickly points out. You quickly spring into action, volleying a Pokéball against the ashy banks. The ball cracks open with a flash of light, a shell spinning upward with Shell’s arms and head quickly popping out. The snapping turtle clocks onto the emergency as you quickly knot a rope around his round belly – he’d need a hand to lug the camel out of the water. Squirtle nods reassuringly as he nosedives into the pool, your fingers gripping tightly to the string of rope. You and the redhead eagerly watch on, the turtle submerging a good hundred yards down the lake before spotting something. The comatose Numel was trapped under a rock, air bubbles leaving its nostrils signalling he’d be a goner in another minute or two. If that wasn’t pressure enough a Carvanha seems to have caught the turtle’s eye and fancies itself a tasty meal. What will you do?
    Last edited by Emp; 1st April 2012 at 9:06 PM.

::Pieli Harbour::

Flame Mistress: Your trip just had a turn for the awkward as a young boy, Phillip, approached you out of nowhere, Topaz hiding within her Pokéball at the prescence of the stranger. Not sure about his intentions, you start fearing the worst as you instinctively held Flare even closer to you on the off chance that he would dare attempt kidnapping your precious partner. Dealing with strangers was something you weren't used to, nor did you enjoy doing.

He seems to pick up on this as his expression begins to change to one of shame for being so straightforward with someone he didn't even know. However, you notice the look on his eyes and, seeing how genuine they were, you decide that maybe you were just letting your fears get the better of you, relaxing and giving him the benefit of doubt with a smile.

You admit this being your first time around and explain how you only really came here for delicious ice cream; Phillip smiling at how approachable you got.

"Ya! They really are very good aren't they? It's unfair they're so expensive though," he laughed in agreement, all suspicion vanishing from you by now. Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea.

You introduce both yourself and your partner, who's been with you ever since she was baby, and Phillip looked very interested to know how she was born from your mother's Ninetales. Keeping the flow of conversation, you ask whether he was a local or another tourist.

"Me? Oh I've been here all my life in fact," Phillip replied with a smile. " A lot of foreigners do come over all the time though, and sometimes it's hard to distiguish who is and who isn't one anymore! Sometimes they bring some really exotic Pokémon, and I'm always amazed by them; some I've never even heard of before! Makes me jealous, you two look so close," he paused for a second. "I've always wanted a Pokémon of my own." You could feel a hint of sadness in that last sentece.

"You know, you're a really nice person. At first I thought you would yell at me, or set me on fire or something, but I'm glad I came over to talk. Many people just brush me off as if I had some contagious disease. Are you going somewhere from here? I know some pretty good spots you'll never find on a tourist's guide. Wanna come over?

Sounds like a harmless enough invitation, doesn't it? And he seems like a nice kid after all.

What will you do?
    "Me? Oh I've been here all my life in fact," Phillip replied with a smile. " A lot of foreigners do come over all the time though, and sometimes it's hard to distiguish who is and who isn't one anymore! Sometimes they bring some really exotic Pokémon, and I'm always amazed by them; some I've never even heard of before! Makes me jealous, you two look so close," Phillip replied with a bright smile when asked if he was a tourist or a local. He then paused for a second and added, "I've always wanted a Pokémon of my own."

Charlotte's suspicions began to rise again. What did he mean? Was he trying to gain sympathy from her? Trying to make her let her guard down? She began wondering if Phillip really was innocent again when she was interrupted from her thoughts by Phillip speaking again. "You know, you're a really nice person," he said, apparently not having noticed Charlotte's face darkening. "At first I thought you would yell at me, or set me on fire or something, but I'm glad I came over to talk. Many people just brush me off as if I had some contagious disease. Are you going somewhere from here? I know some pretty good spots you'll never find on a tourist's guide. Wanna come over?"

By now, alarm bells were ringing inside her head. So where exactly was he going to take her? He might have said that he'd take her to good sightseeing spots, but Charlotte wasn't entirely sure if he was speaking the truth or not. He did say that those locations weren't on tourist guides, after all, so chances were that it was a fake and that she'd probably have no idea where she was, anyway. For all she knew, he could be taking her to an abandoned warehouse inhabited by thieves in the middle of nowhere - not that it was likely, considering the cheery atmosphere of Whale Island, but you never knew. Her brain was yelling at her to accept the offer, but her instinct was screaming at her to turn away immediately - the boy had taken a particular interest in her rare Vulpix, had offered to take her to an unknown place, and above all, was a stranger. The voice of her mother telling Charlotte's younger self to never trust strangers returned to her, and she became more doubtful than ever.

But she didn't exactly know if he was going to do anything harmful to her, after all. He looked very friendly and innocent, and he didn't seem to have any evil in him. What was he going to do to her, anyway? Probably nothing dangerous. Even if the location wasn't in the guide, it could well be an exotic location hidden away from human life, full of wild Pokemon. Charlotte wondered whether if he could give him the benefit of doubt, weighing the pros and cons, when her mother's voice returned to her once again. Surely it was no coincidence that she was hearing the voice here of all places.

"Uh... no thanks," Charlotte replied sheepishly, trying to think of a good reason as well as not to rush her words. "I don't really feel like going anywhere else on the island right now, and anyway, I think I'll manage with my guide. Thanks for the offer, though. I really appreciate it." With that, she quickly picked up Flare in her arms and hurried away. She had a feeling that she'd made a big mistake, but shrugged off the feeling; it was better than taking a risk, anyway. When she was a safe distance away from Phillip and out of his sight, she slowed her pace down - she hadn't even realised that she was practically running - and began to ponder where to go next.

Can we change locations once in a while, by the way?

Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy: Just as you were drifting away on the sandy stretch you find there’s more to beach life than relaxation as a nearby Corphish doesn’t like the colour of your swim shorts. You curse in pain as you try to wriggle the thing off to no avail – he was stuck on tight and wasn’t looking to let go any time soon. A crowd start to gather in hysterics at your misfortune. You roll your eyes - times like this called for action, and it was up to Sheldon to save the day. Ordering him to Tackle the Corphish loose you nervously turn your back to the snapping turtle. Sheldon nods, pawing at the sand as he charges forward. Turtwig then leaps into the air, lowering his head with the crawdad in his sights. However the Corphish has other plans, Vice Gripping your other cheek and quickly swinging out of the way. Turtwig can’t slow down, hitting dead-on where the Corphish had just let go adding insult to an already throbbing injury! The crab taunts the little grass type, which doesn’t go down well at all. You wince as you sense the Turtwig rebound forward with another Tackle. This time the Corphish doesn’t have time to dodge, growling in pain as it’s hit by the strike. The hit is enough for it to let go, dropping down into the sand and clawing its way to its feet. Whilst your caboose had never felt so sore, and probably needed medical attention, there was a battle underway just ahead - Corphish opens a pincer to release a flurry of Bubbles, slapping Sheldon in the face and spurring him into combat.

"Now you're going to get it." Andy thought to himself as he watched Sheldon charge towards the Corphish. However, this little Pokemon was proving to be a tricky customer, and Andy's momentary smugness was replaced with horror as his opponent swung to the side, making him cry out with pain as Sheldon connected with the already painful area. He tried his hardest to hide the tears starting to sting at his eyes and his watched Sheldon pick himself up and launch himself forward again, this time connecting with its target and successfully dislodging him.

The second he felt the Corphish release his bruised posterior, Andy threw himself back down onto the sand, hoping the soothing static would at least take some of the edge off the throbbing.

He glared at the Ruffian Pokemon as it proceeded to launch its Bubble attack on Sheldon. He was certainly looking for trouble and Andy wasn't about to take this insult lying down (or even sitting down, probably not for a while anyway).

"Let's make this Pokemon pay" Andy growled, becoming angrier as the indignity of the whole situation started to sink in. " Use Withdraw and shake off those Bubbles, then hit it with another Tackle!"

- - - -
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

::Wet'n'Wild Recreation Park::

Mon1010: A volleyball net was set up in place just above the level of the swimming pool, and people were already coming over to be part of the friendly game of which you were just now being invited to. Not being much of a sports person, an invitation to a game of volleyball was something you weren't sure you wanted to take part of. You were on vacation though, and, this not being the moment to be taking yourself too seriously, you decide to give it a shot instead. As long as the ball didn't come in your general direction you would be fine. You swim towards the friendly stranger, and introduce both yourself, and your partner, the Munna giving her an angry look, perhaps out of jealousy, or another feeling that didn't feel quite right for the Psychic-type. The woman only seems to smile in response though.

"Alice," she responded. "Your Munna is adorable! She's a bit grumpy though, isn't she? I swear she looks puffier than a Jigglypuff!" she said half laughing.

"You came here by yourself, by the way? I'm here with some of my friends. We're all from Unova actually, and we're staying for a few weeks. Where are you from?"

They say part of the beauty in travelling alone is meeting new people, isn't it? Though the game is about to start, there's time for a bit of friendly chit chat... unless Shaana has something to say about that, that is.

What will you do?
    "Why thank you. You have good taste in Pokemon." Scott said, laughing, when the girl, who introduced herself as Alice, said his Munna was adorable. He was glad someone else besides himself thought so. A lot of the boys he went to school with didn't share his sentiments. Then again boys didn't usually like pink things with floral patterns.

Scott then took Shaana off his head when Alice mentioned the Munna looked grumpy. "Anything wrong?" He asked his Pokemon with concern.

"Munna!" the dream eater Pokemon shouted. Turning her head over at Alice, still glaring at her.

"I'm sorry, she's not normally like this." He then put her down by the side of the pool. For a minute, the Munna's eyes lit up glee. "I don't know what your problem with Alice is. She doesn't seem bad at all. So can you please behave while we talk?"

Shaana then pouted as Scott went over to continue talking to the girl. "Mun." she sighed sadly.

Alice then said that she was from Unova, and that she came to the island with some friends, and would be staying for a few weeks. Then, she asked where he was from.

"Actually, I'm from Unova too. Stration City, in fact. I live close to the Dreamyard, so I practically grew up around Munnas and Musharnas. They're one of my favorite species of Pokemon. I sometimes even help out Professor Fennel with her studies on uses for Dream Mist." He was a bit nervous mentioning that. The boys he used to go to school with thought he was weird due to his fascination with the Musharna evolution line, and would tease him about it constantly. He hoped this wouldn't be the case here. "Besides my Pokemon, I'm here by myself, I'm pretty much a traveller, and I haven't exactly figured out how long i'm going to stay on the island yet..."
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 2nd April 2012 at 12:46 AM.

Kakatua Lagoon: Protected by a shallow sandy atoll, Kakatua Lagoon is surrounded by forest making it the perfect romantic retreat for those looking for a little privacy. It's not uncommon to find couples camping here, though the stories of hidden treasure often attract a more nefarious element to the area.
    "A perfect romantic retreat, my @$&," sighed Balmund as he stood there watching both Chris and Sothe had at it yet again. He couldn't understand how they could keep such a relationship going for so long, but it seemed a part of themselves actually enjoyed the constant bickering. A romantic and private picnic near near the shallow waters of Kakatua Lagoon was supposed to offer a magical opportunity to further strengthen the relationship between the egotistical Seviper and the narcissistic Sceptile, but alas that was not the case just yet. The moment they actually started fighting one another, Balmund knew it was futile to even attempt to stop them, all he could do was watch and wait for the storm to cease. Hopefully a few of the surrounding trees would survive, but what he really hoped for was for the food to not get too cold by the time it was all over...
    Last edited by Balmund; 2nd April 2012 at 1:09 AM.

East Coast
    By far the most popular tourist destination spot, the East Coast of Whale Island seems to be constantly abuzz with activity both day and night. Unfortunately the downside to this is the crime rate has risen so be sure to keep an eye out for the con artists and thieves who are looking to swindle unsuspecting travellers out of their holiday spending money. Despite this downside the east coast is a great place to holiday, especially if you're looking to make the most of daytime and night time entertainment.

Areas:
    Seaside City: Built up over time, Seaside City has attracted quite a number of tourists as well as long-term residents. It is now a sprawling city with all the trimmings, including shopping malls, schools, parks, and industrial sector. With plenty to do and places to visit, you'd be hard-pressed for a lazy time.
    "Weav?!" [Why does it have to be so damn hot?!]

Salazar glanced over at the Weavile from his coil, who was crumpled to the ground in a dramatic fashion. "Ekans. Ek." [What part of "tropical city" didn't you understand? Now get up Stealth, before our trainer gets back from checking into the hotel.]

"Weav. Weavile..." [But it's hot and I'm an Ice-type. And I have no video games with me...]

The Ekans rolled his eyes and uncoiled from the drainpipe adjoining the hotel they were waiting by. Slithering over to the Weavile he hissed, "Ek? Ek ekans. Ekans, ek ekans." [So? I've seen Ice-types who can deal with a little heat. And you know, for a name like Stealth I'd have imagined that you'd be less of a dramatic lazy*ss with a video game addiction.]

"Weav..." [If I wasn't so damn hot I'd claw you right now...] Stealth groaned.

As the snake face-tailed, the noise of sliding doors opening alerted the two that their trainer had reappeared, causing the Weavile to quickly get up off the ground. "Hey, guys, thanks for waiting out here. Dunno why they have the no-Pokémon-outside-Pokéballs-in-the-lobby policy, but for letting me have a free stay it'll be a minor inconvenience." He bent his arm down to let Salazar slither up to his shoulder. "We should probably go get to the photo shoot so it'll be over-with," he said as they started down toward the street toward the beach. "Then we can have time to relax, and yes, that means you can lounge around the hotel room," he added to Stealth, who threw up a fist in celebration, forgetting all prior fatigue.

meh I don't know

I couldn't really think of anything but I wanted to try to join before Emp's spots got filled (I'm guessing he's still fine with taking a few more since he took Pengyzu). If he is full, sorry 'bout this unnecessary post.

The Ghostly Galleon

UNowenwasme?: With the salty sea air sharpening your senses you lunge bravely ahead, the cold water slapping against your skin like an icy tundra. As the surf reaches your waist You do a light breaststroke out into the sea. The first few lunges are unbearable, but your body quickly gets used to the cold as you make it further out. The waves were bumpy but it was nothing you couldn’t handle. Like a lighthouse drawing you in the playful Manaphy waves its arms jovially “Mana! Mana!” You up your pace ready to burst with excitement, few people had ever sighted such an elusive Pokémon and yet this one was inviting you to play. Almost a mile out from shore you look back at Gene who analyses patiently, his blue coat glistening under the moonlight. You turn back to the sea angel, who wasn’t far at all. The water around it was warm and comforting, its glowing body illuminating all the way down to the sandy seabed. You find yourself lost for words, but fortunately this Pokémon wasn’t much of a talker. The Manaphy calls its name again, this time you notice movement on the sea floor! Bubbles rise to the surface as a couple of Wooper swim out from a sea cavern, the coral beds rustling as a school of Goldeen and Magikarp emerge. A group of Corphish scuttle out from under their rocks and a finally a bunch of Barboach a tunnel up from beneath the sand. The group of Water Pokémon swim half way up to the surface, circling each other in a trance. Manaphy then starts pelting weak Energy Balls under the surface for target practice. The sea angel wants you to join in!

Play Magikarp’s Ripple Reaction and post up your score! If you have problems with this then let me know and I’ll think of something else
    As the air from the sea opened up his nose Jayce swam on. He was getting a good distance away from the land and the waves were pushing him back, however they weren't too powerful and he was able to overcome them. Manaphy was waving it's arms happily. "Mana mana!" It cried out. Jayce picked up the pace a bit. Here was a Pokemon known as the prince of the sea and that so few have seen and he was going to be playing around with it. The glow of Manaphy was very illuminating and made it much easier to keep a straight direction. He took a moment to look back at Gene. He hoped that Gene didn't mind staying back.

Gene greatly minded having to stay back. From over here it would not be able to save Jayce if need be. Gene liked to keep it's trainer safe, but it was given an order to stay... Gene hoped that this playful Pokemon would help out if needed. Even though Gene could fly at 60 MPH it wished it could be right next to Jayce...

Jayce shrugged. Nothing to do about it now. He wasn't going back at this point. He turned back to Manaphy who, to Jayce's surprise had swam closer when his back was turned. He swam over and noticed that the area around Manaphy was nice and warm. He felt and odd comfort being near the Pokemon. The light from Manaphy even illuminated the water deep down at the bottom. He wasn't sure what to say at this point but then Manaphy called out it's name again. Jayce looked around and then noticed that below them tons of water Pokemon appeared. He saw, Wooper, Corphish, Goldeen, Magikarp, and Barboach appear in groups. Manaphy really could call the water Pokemon to it. Then the Pokemon began swimming close to the surface but not extremely close. Manaphy began firing off weak Energy Balls at the Pokemon for target practice. It didn't look like it hurt them and Manaphy gestured for Jayce to give it a try. "Me? Well alright... But remember I've never done this before."

Score...I know it's not great...

Ampere Beach

Dark Searchman: Having only just started your vacation you find yourself on the bad side of an Exeggutor due to an unfortunate mix-up. It was one on one, or technically two on three. Regardless of the odds against you, you volley out a quick set of orders in hopes of lumbering the hefty palm tree. Ralts sends a confident colour your way as she puffs up her chest and lets off a Growl. The weak howl echoes rather anticlimactically through the air, one of the Exeggutor heads raising an eyebrow whilst the other chuckles at your intimidation tact. The Coconut Pokémon quickly retaliates by waving its palmy hair and shaking lose another Barrage. The bombs explode down the sand, a great deal hitting Ralts. The psychic type stubbornly hops back to her feet, this time shooting off a faint blue beam of energy which strikes the Pokémon’s trunk for a weak blow. The Exeggutor stumbles forward, raising a foot to Stomp on Ralts – but what’s this? The Feeling Pokémon’s attack landed Confusion! This causes a complete misfire as the Exeggutor’s foot stamps into the sand inches from your Pokémon. It dizzily raises another foot, looking a bit off-balance. Noticing the signs of a Pokémon battle, several kids start to crowd around in a circle, some rooting for the underdog whilst a few others chant “SQUASH THAT RALTS!”. What will you do?
    [Fixed. Ralts is actually female, not male. ]

As Ralts relayed to Hyrem a bright green, expressing her confidence, she inhaled, then Growled at Exeggutor. Problem was, the Exeggutor hardly seemed fazed by it, as evidenced by one head simply raising an eyebrow while one head started to chuckle at them. The Coconut Pokemon responded by attacking with Barrage again; most of the bombs had hit Ralts and exploded on contact with her. Fortunately, Ralts was able to get herself back up and let loose a beam of blue energy, the Confusion attack hitting Exeggutor's trunk.

Exeggutor didn't seem to be affected by this attack either, and it must have gotten tired of playing around with Ralts. As it stumbled over to Ralts, it raised its foot. Now Hyrem began to panic. If Exeggutor successfully Stomped on Ralts, it would deal a good amount of damage, despite Ralts having used Growl on it earlier. As Hyrem feared for Ralts, the Exeggutor lowered its foot down hard... and hit the sand inches from his Pokemon.

Exeggutor really was affected by Confusion, and it fortunately became Confused! It raised its other foot, as if it was off balance. Indeed, for a Pokemon like Exeggutor, confusion is likely a very bad thing for it. Not only is the telepathic link between the three heads disrupted, but the coordination of each individual head becomes disoriented, and when considering Exeggutor has three heads, it essentially suffers three times the effects most other Pokemon feel.

Of course, Hyrem just knows that thanks to Ralts' attack, they have a good chance at winning this battle. Then he noticed all the onlookers who were keenly interested in the battle unfolding before them. Some of them were cheering for Ralts and her trainer, but others were chanting, "SQUASH THAT RALTS!" Not helping... he thought. He decided to tune them out and focus only on the battle in front of him. It became clear to him that Exeggutor had underestimated Ralts' powers, so he took action based off that and continued the onslaught.

"Great job, Ralts! OK, now it's time to hit it with Incinerate! Growl at Exeggutor once more just to be safe, then use Incinerate again!" Hyrem hoped Ralts could handle using the recently learned move and that it would be enough to finish the job and win the battle.
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 2nd April 2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Need to burninate instead of confusinate!

::The Lighthouse::

Marion Ette: Shrouded in the familiar darkness of the night you fly through the clear skies of Whale Island while you tightly hold on to your beloved Dragonite, August. For a great deal of your life the darkness had been your close friend and confidant, and you felt safe within its embrace. Where many would fear it, you instead delighted yourself within the coolness and peace that it provided. It held no secrets for you, but, like a good friend, it protected and treasured your own. Daylight on the other hand was blinding, disorienting and exposing.

The night sky glittered with an infinite mantle of stars, big and small, shining white and all shades of blue above you. Underneath you had the ocean, an abyssmal body of water almost invisible to the naked eye if not for the reflection of the moonlight above; its faint smell filling the air and mixing with August's, concocting a relaxing perfume. You see a bright beacon of light in the horizon and, though you were still several miles away, it shone brighter than any of the stars around you. You knew you were close to your objective as you point out towards it, whispering excitedly to the mythical dragon who made haste and gracefully cut her way through the air like a flying arrow. The closer you got the better you could make out the lighthouse's silouette, standing high and tall atop of a rocky cliff.

You carefully land at the foot of the lighthouse and safely dismount under the vigilant eye of your partner. As you dust yourself off she points to a map on your pocket and you wonder what was so special about it. Gently taking the map off your hands she looks over it for a while before pointing out to a note regarding the legend of the Ghostly Galleon. She could've sworn you would research this with utmost priority instead and she wasn't quite sure what you were both doing here. Though you admit the idea had crossed your mind already you explain your fascination towards the mystery of the lighthouse. It was said to have been long unmanned and yet it faithfully lit each and every single night for reasons unknown. Whether this was a lie or truly an act of supernatural intervention was something you just had to find out. August nods in understanding and gestures to the top of the lighthouse, suggesting a quicker way to find out as she flaps her wings. However, you decide for the more thorough and methodical approach and instead choose to go inside and inspect it from the bottom up.

Hand in hand you both approach the tower's entrance, August making sure each of your steps were steady as to avoid you suddenly tripping over; a gesture which you greatly appreciated to which she smiled in return. Placing your hands against the cold, steel door you push against it and it initially seems hopelessly locked. Aided by August's strength however, it eventually cedes, whining and protesting loudly as it was pushed out of your way. It was dark inside and as you take your first step inside you immediately get a very familiar feeling. The temperature had suddenly dropped drastically and the pressure was intensifying more and more; you could tell the place was saturated with spiritual energy and that you both definitely weren't alone. You get the feeling that you're being watched, and you could feel a hint of aggresion behind the invisible glares. The message was all too clear: you're not welcome here.

Certainly, you would find something of your interest here. The question now would be were to start? You could try going up the spiraling stairway all the way up the five-story building. Opposite to it was another door however, which seemed to lead towards a basement where presumably the electric engines that fueled the lighthouse would be running. Whatever path you choose it sure wouldn't take long before the hostile entities made themselves known a bit more in earnest.

What will you do?
    Marion breathes in deeply, recognizing the all-too-familiar feeling of restless spirits inhabiting the lighthouse. Despite being comfortable with haunted environments, the hint of anger with which these spirits seem to be regarding her is somewhat unsettling, as it would be to walk into any environment where its inhabitants seem inexplicably hostile. Her strong affinity for ghost types may allow her to speak to them and understand their behavior to a degree, but Marion is also keenly aware of the fact that no level of affinity is enough to quell the rage of aggressive apparitions on its own. If they see her as a threat or as a trespasser, it will take more than speaking their language to convince them otherwise; a battle seems pretty much inevitable.

Marion turns to August, who is as stoic as she was before she entered the lighthouse. The two nod silently, looking into the other‘s eyes; while seemingly a small gesture, the communication is important. The nod indicates to each other that they indeed sense the strong presence, and that they are both watching out for the other’s safety. August has been with Marion since she was a tiny Dratini, and she has known for a long time how to deal with haunted environments, despite being of an entirely different type; she has been trained not to speak when signs of a haunting are present, especially if the haunting seems hostile, since speech can often anger or rile the spirits. It is enough to move among them; annoying them with the speech of the living is an even worse affront, most of the time. It is rare to find an angry spirit who enjoys hearing their name obnoxiously being called out and being pestered to "show a sign of their presence." generally, such requests are either responded to with a poltergeist-esque pan to the face, or with no response at all. Usually, it's whichever they think will get the living to leave them alone faster.

The two know that they will provoke anger no matter what they do at this point. They are trespassers, and clearly not welcome; however, there may be some murder or other injustice that was committed in this lighthouse that will remain fodder for afterlife hostility and ire if it is not addressed by the living. Marion points toward the direction of the basement. In Marion’s mind, going straight to the source is the best idea in order to start investigating the lighthouse‘s mysteries. Despite these strong feelings, it may be that the lighthouse is manpowered and simply runs on generators. The haunting could be a mere result of the abandoned nature of an unmanned lighthouse, though Marion thinks that this is probably not likely, given the hostile nature of these spirits. That said, whatever generates power for the lighthouse is likely in that basement; thus, she and August would do well to explore there first.

Marion and August head towards the basement door, though both are incredibly cautious, looking all around them before Marion so much as touches the handle.

:EDIT: I'll keep linking to my team stats, just in case.
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 2nd April 2012 at 4:42 AM.

Raine’s Wildlife Park

Pengyzu: Looking to wind down and meet new friends along the way, you and Kara set your sights on Raine’s Recreational Park – a playground full of attractions and wildlife exhibits that would surely make for a fun adventure. With a queue a mile long putting your excitement to a halt, you grab some snacks whilst reading one of the park’s brochures. Crumbs fall onto an illustration of the famous adventurer Raine rising out of the water on the nose of Shamu the Wailord – the water park’s star attraction. It looked like you couldn’t have picked a better day to visit either, you overhear a group of adults talking about Keiko the baby Wailmer’s debut performance in Raine’s Wet ‘n’ Wild show. After a long wait you finally reach the front of the queue, buying tickets for yourself and the juvenile Ralts who’s literally bursting with excitement. As you roll through the park turnstiles you look in awe at the attractions. You were spoilt for choice with stadiums, pools, waterslides and aquariums galore. There was a signpost just ahead, but before you have time to examine it you spot a young man in the corner of your eye.

“Hey! You look like a lively young go-getter!” a blond adolescent sporting a jet-black wetsuit tugs you away from the busy mainstreet. You recognised him as Raine – the guy on the front of the brochure! Before you can introduce yourself he’s quick to pose a proposition to you: “You see, today is Keiko’s first show. And I need a trainer like you to tour him around the park, get him used to being around humans and maybe use him in a battle. I’d do it myself but the big show starts in just a few hours! What do you say?” Raine smiles holding out a Dive Ball in hopes you’ll take him up on his offer. He wouldn’t mind if you passed him up on it though, after all you had your own Pokémon to spend time with too. What will you do?
    After waiting in line for who knows how long. The two finally reach the front of the line.

"Good morning sir! Hope you have a fun and exciting day here at Raine's Wildlife Park."

"I sure will! Come along now Ralts, you managed to have practiced the Shadow Sneak of yours more than enough. I heard Keiko the baby Wailmer would have her debut in the Wet'n'wild Show later, I'm sure I speak for both of us when I say I can't wait to watch it!" said Rey. As they roll the turnstiles and enter the park, they see a board up ahead showing the attractions.

"Oh boy! Where do we go first, the water slide, the aquarium, the pool, th-"

"Excuse me, you look like a zestful young man who wants some adventure. How about-"

"Oh my gosh! OH MY GOSH! Kara! Kara! It's Raine! The famous adventurer and the star of this park!"

"Yes. I am the famous, Raine! The owner of this wildlife park, and the star of the Wet'n'Wild show! As I was saying, you seem like a guy who'd love to this task."

"Whatever it is! I'm your man!"

"Excellent! As you've heard, Keiko's first show will be held later. Since she's just a baby, how about you tour her around the park, possibly make her fight in a battle, just to warm her up and give her the feel of the park. Here's her Pokeball" The blonde man hands over a Dive Ball to the kid.

"Now, I'm expecting to see her at the show later, okay? Hope you have a fun day in my park!"

"I won't let you down sir! I'm sure Kara would love Keiko's company! Now Kara, say thank you to the kind man."

"Thank you mr. Raine!" said telepathically by Kara.

"Wha-what? Who said that?" shouted in surprise by the adult.

"Oh! That's my partner sir! You see, my Ralts can telepathically speak! I'm not crazy like what people think of me, I really am having conversations with my awesome partner here. Now, off to the pool we go! See you later mr. Raine! I can't wait for the show!"

The man and the boy go on separate ways, the man going left, the boy going right. He seems to be heading to the wonderful wave pool of the park. He moves along swiftly with his face filled with excitement, his eyes glistening with passion.

"The long line and the long walk was definitely worth it for this! Wow! I can't believe I'm about to take part in the show indirectly!"

As the two arrive at the pool, Rey decides to change into his swim wear first. A nice and cute, wetsuit of his size. He emerges out of the changing room and meets his Ralts guarding all of his stuff. They pack everything that's out except for two Pokeballs. One of Keiko's and one of Kara's, just for emergency.

Without looking back, the boy cannonballs into the pool, with Ralts following after. Creating more waves in the moving pool.

"The water is refreshing and warm! Perfect! Now... let's introduce ourselves to our new friend."

The boy takes out the tiny little Dive Ball out of his waterproof bag; the ball as dry as ever. He clicks the button, enlarging the Pokeball, and throws it up in the air. A bolt of red lightning comes out of it, and hits the pool. The boy catches the ball as a Wailmer materializes in front of him.

"Wailmer... Wailmer..." said the Wailmer with a hint of terror.

"Aww... don't be afraid. My name is Rey, and this is my partner, Kara! Mr. Raine wanted us to tour you around the park. We will never do anything to hurt you, we just want you to have a good time with us!"

[x]
    Last edited by Pengyzu; 2nd April 2012 at 3:29 PM.

::Pieli Harbour::

uhhhh: You found yourself stunned silly by the sudden approach of the two beautiful women who overwhelmed you with a barrage of questions and compliments in admiration of your Aipom; the monkey blushing from all the attention. Foster however was feeling bitter resentment at being ignored but you quickly take the initiative and warn him against doing anything to them to which he reluctantly obliged... at least until you stopped paying attention.

Coming back to your senses you proceed to answer their questions, conditionally granting their requests as long as Gaspard was ok with them, who, much to their joy, actually was. You introduce yourself and ask for their names as you prepare yourself to add another shot to your collection.

"I'm Angie!" said the first one, a long-haired blonde with captivating emerald eyes and a colorful beach outfit. "It's nice to meet you!" she smiled cutely as Gaspard hopped into her arms.

"And my name's Kim!" smiled the other one, contrasting her partner with her short black hair, tanned skin and green outfit. "Aw, he's already comfortable with you, Angie!" she turned to her friend.

"Ya, I know, right?" she giggled in response.

They posed for the camera with brilliant smiles and it seemed to you that Gaspard's toothy smile was wider than what you had ever seen from him all day long. The picture came out just perfect; a sense of weight and balance seldomly achieved by rookie photographers. It was certainly one to be proud of, and Angie and Kim seemed very delighted by what you showed to them.

"Wow, that's really good!" Angie exclaimed as she returned Gaspard to you, not before gently stroking the Aipom's head.

"Ya, you really have some talent there!" Kim agreed. "You know, we're actually on our way to a very cool contest at the beach nearby, and they always have like these amazing prizes!"

"We got to win last year actually, and now we get to be guest judges! Isn't that great?" Angie added. "Your Pokémon get to play dress up, and act, and dance, and there's even Pokémon battles involved! You probably could never have guessed it, but we really do rock at Pokémon battles, ha hah! I'd bet Gaspard would do great! He looks so confident."

"And then there's this friend of mine, Luigi, who works as a pro photographer and always gets to shoot photos for the event. You could learn a lot from him!" Kim wrapped up. "Wouldn't you want to come with us? You totally have to go!"

Well, what a surprise. It seems you've found a nice opportunity here. It's almost like fate had it that you would get lost on Pieli Harbour today.

What will you do?
    As Connor was preparing his camera, the two girls had introduced themselves.

"I'm Angie!" said the first one, a long-haired blonde with captivating emerald eyes and a colorful beach outfit. "It's nice to meet you!" she smiled cutely as Gaspard hopped into her arms.

"And my name's Kim!" smiled the other one, contrasting her partner with her short black hair, tanned skin and green outfit. "Aw, he's already comfortable with you, Angie!" she turned to her friend.

"Ya, I know, right?" she giggled in response.

"Heheh Gaspard, looks like you're pretty popular with the ladies!" Connor chuckled while Foster just said "Shup!" as a sign of resentment as he still didn't like the fact that the girls were ignoring him. "All right, I'm ready to go! Now get ready guys..." he said to the three who had now posed and smiled at the camera, with Gaspard having a bigger toothy smile than usual. "1...2...3!"

Snap. Connor just took another photo.

He had looked at his latest picture when he gave an amusing stare at it. The picture came out perfect and there really was nothing wrong with it. "Hey Gaspard, what's with the really big smile?" he said to Gaspard who faced him, confused as to what he was saying "Seems to me like you want them to be your trainers instead huh? You wound me Gaspard. You're making me cry now," he jokingly said to his Aipom while he faked crying. Gaspard just laughed at his antics while Foster shook his head being amused as well. After that little show, he showed the photo to Angie and Kim. "Well here's the finished product, what do you think?"

"Wow, that's really good!" Angie exclaimed as she returned Gaspard to Connor, not before gently stroking the Aipom's head.

"Ya, you really have some talent there!" Kim agreed. "You know, we're actually on our way to a very cool contest at the beach nearby, and they always have like these amazing prizes!"

Connor smiled warmly at the compliments of the two ladies. "Heheh, thanks! Glad you like them! Also, a contest?" he asked as he stroked Gaspard's head.

"We got to win last year actually, and now we get to be guest judges! Isn't that great?" Angie added as Connor started to take some interest at the contest. "Your Pokémon get to play dress up, and act, and dance, and there's even Pokémon battles involved! You probably could never have guessed it, but we really do rock at Pokémon battles, ha hah! I'd bet Gaspard would do great! He looks so confident."

Connor widened his eyes when he heard what Angie said. "Whoa really? That's awesome!" he said to the two ladies. "To be honest though, I'm not much of a trainer yet. I've just started recently actually and we're still kinda fresh from a loss in a battle so... heh." he said while scratching his brown hair that was covered by an orange beanie.

"And then there's this friend of mine, Luigi, who works as a pro photographer and always gets to shoot photos for the event. You could learn a lot from him!" Kim wrapped up. "Wouldn't you want to come with us? You totally have to go!"

"Luigi huh? Hmmm..." Connor thought for a moment. "Well the thought is tempting and there's not much I can do here right now though so, sure. Why not?" Connor nodded while Gaspard let out an "Ai-aipom!"

"All right, where did you say you were going? To a beach? Let's see..." Connor took out a map of Whale Island and looked at the East Coast, "So, unless if I'm wrong, would that be at the Ampere Beach? Seems like it... All right Gaspard, Foster, let's go!" Connor said with eagerness written all over his face.

"...Um..." he turned to face Angie and Kim, "The beach you're referring to IS Ampere Beach right? I'll just tag along with you guys if you don't mind. If I tried to go there, I'd probably get lost and end up somewhere like Cortoza or something," Connor sighed while Foster shook his head at his trainer's poor sense of direction, "Yes, I'm hopeless when it comes to directions. Even Foster here agrees with me. I was supposed to go to Delphin Harbor actually, not here..." Connor hung his head in shame in admitting that. Unfortunately, even with a guide, there's still quite a likely chance that Connor would still get lost.

Judging by your reply, I'm probably going to have a change in location aren't I?
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 2nd April 2012 at 6:32 AM.

The Caverns

Celebii: Fresh off the boat and raring for adventure, you find yourself in a dangerous neck of the woods known as Laguna Peninsula. Coveted for its nautical history, you hazardously scale the steep cliff edges carved to the bone by the crashing waves in hopes of finding a Pirate’s hideaway full of treasure. Your handy first mate clings to your pant leg, ready to tuck into his shell if you fall off the edge – though it’s likely it’d make no difference against the pointy rocks below. Larry on the other hand was scuttling ahead, in his element on the rocky terrain. A short while passes until you spot a fissure in the cliff face, dark and dingy with no telling of what lies ahead. With the salty-sea air sharpening your senses you run bravely ahead, Larry narrowly in tow with Neptune waiting to see what happens. Whilst Larry can see perfectly, a few feet into the cave and it becomes impossible for you to see much further ahead. Before you can come up with a plan to illuminate the dark tunnel a series of high-pitched screeches sends you scuttling back in pain. Suddenly a flock of bat Pokémon fly overhead, no doubt startled by your presence. A gutsy Golbat breaks free from the pack, letting off another Screech – this time aimed at Larry! What will you do?
    "Okay gang, stay close, there's no telling what dangers might lurk in this murky crevasse." Cele sternly warned his team. Cele was feeling a bit scared, admittedly, like his little Squirtle that clung to his trousers as if for dear life. Cele was frequently tripping over small stalagmites protruding from the rocky surface, his vision fading. "Wow, it sure it getting dark in here..." Cele said to his Pokemon. "Ron?" Larry said confusingly, obviously the darkness of the cave wasn't affecting him much. "Maybe we should turn back... if I knew which way it was." Cele says with a sigh, beginning to regret his journey to the Laguna Peninsula. After a few more minutes of walking it was pitch black, and Cele was definitely scared. Beginning to hyperventilate, a Tackle from Larry knocked him out of his nonsensical state. "Thanks, I needed that." Cele tells Larry. "Now, let's find a way to light this place up, shall we? Maybe it we-" Cele was cut off by an head-splitting noise from deeper in the cavern. "Agh!" Cele exclaims, falling backwards on his butt, hard. Getting up, while rubbing his sore rear and trying to get his hearing back, he hears a very loud flapping noise, getting louder. A few seconds later, he is swarmed by a flock of bat-like Pokemon, pushing him to the ground, once more. Taking a few steps back, so he could see better, he can make out the shape of a large winged Pokemon, with two feet and no hands. It releases another Screech, though Cele doesn't feel its full effects. "Aron!" Larry yells, obviously the move was directed towards him. Desperately rummaging his backpack, he whips out his Pokedex, and scans the Pokemon in front of him. "Golbat, the Bat Pokemon. Its sharp fangs puncture the toughest of hides and have small holes for greedily sucking blood." "A Golbat, huh? Iff I'm not mistaken, it is a dual Poison/Flying-Type, meaning Larry would have a major advantage over it. So, Larry, wanna get revenge on this Golbat for that Screech?" Cele says. "Aron!" Larry says while nodding his head. "Okay, then Larry." Let's light this place up with a Flame Charge on that Golbat. Then Head Smash to show it we're not joking around. "Your Rock Head Ability should prevent recoil from the Head Smash, don't worry." Cele orders. Larry nods while turning back to the Golbat.
    Last edited by FlashFusion; 2nd April 2012 at 6:17 PM.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

Spoiler:- PASBL Record:

Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.

East Coast
    By far the most popular tourist destination spot, the East Coast of Whale Island seems to be constantly abuzz with activity both day and night. Unfortunately the downside to this is the crime rate has risen so be sure to keep an eye out for the con artists and thieves who are looking to swindle unsuspecting travellers out of their holiday spending money. Despite this downside the east coast is a great place to holiday, especially if you're looking to make the most of daytime and night time entertainment.

Areas:
    Pieli Harbour: Both a large harbour and resort, Pieli Harbour is famous for the best ice cream in the land, as well as its massive shipping stations, with boats as small as canoes to colossal ferries. The resort itself is archetypical of a seaside funfair, with several small rides as well as a roller coaster and ferris wheel, though the promenade at night is a sight for sore eyes to drown their sorrows on.

"Look at that view Jordan!" Said Tyler. "I don't think I ever seen anything that beautiful!"

The small bird poked his head wearily out of the backpack he was nestled up in and turned his attention to the ocean where he looked out upon the glimmering ocean and "Chirpped!" his approval to Tyler.

"Gosh, I'm hungry after that long boat ride. I wonder what we can eat?"

The two stared out on the sea as Tyler's eyes opened wide as Jordan hopped back at looked at his trainer with a puzzled look.

With one sniff of the nostril, Tyler joyously screamed out "Iceeeee Creeammm!!!" and ran off in the opposite direction.

Jordan quickly flew after his very odd trainer. The two stopped at the stand as Tyler said "Give me two of your finest scoops of chocolate!". Jordan knew, this was going to be a long day.
    Fizzy Bubbles

Credit to PopPrincess_Lyra for the amazing banner!

Raine’s Wildlife Park

Son of Shadows: With Aegis by your side and a heightened sense for adventure, you decide a trip to Fizzy Bubble’s most popular Wildlife Park would be the perfect place to capture your first Pokémon. With a queue a mile long putting your excitement to a halt, you pocket one of the theme park’s brochures, illustrated with a photo of the famous adventurer Raine rising out of the water on the nose of Shamu the Wailord – the park’s star attraction. After a long wait you finally reach the front of the queue, buying tickets for yourself and the little snapping turtle that’s literally bursting with excitement. “If you’re looking for new Pokémon you’re best visiting one of our many wildlife exhib-!”

FREE THE WAILORDS FROM SLAVERY! YOU THINK SHAMU ENJOYS DOING TRICKS ALL DAY? HE REALLY DOESN'T!

A loud megaphone grabs your attention - just by the gates you spot a group of protesters, shaking their signs frantically. The posse were all sporting matching sailor attire finishing the look with blue bandanas. The ticket attendant rolls her eyes “Team Aqua don’t seem to understand, we’d never hurt a Pokémon. Raine has raised Shamu from a Wailmer… I almost forgot, here are your passes, have a wet 'n' wild day!” As quickly as the exchange was finished you’re shuffled through the turnstile by the crowd of eager tourists, somewhat alarmed by the group of shady environmentalists parked outside. Just ahead was a sign pole: Following the guide’s advice there was Raine’s Wet ’n’ Wild Sea Show which started in another hour. In the meantime the Manta pool - which offered swims with real-life Mantyke and Mantine - was to your left with the Sharpedo Tanks – an aquarium teaming with marine predators - to your right. Straight ahead there was the Kyogre-Koaster, the worlds fastest log flume with its tracks towering above the rest of the park. You had enough time to visit two attractions if you didn’t want to miss the big show, but where will you head first?

According to the attendant, Joshua would be able to capture a Pokémon in the park. He grinned at Aegis. "About time I actually caught a Pokémon the legit way, rather than just adopting babies and bonding with Hoothoots. But hey, this day's about you and me, Aegis."

"Squirtle squirt!" It was the Squirtle's first time in the field, and at only level 7, he didn't have much in the way of power. But he had to learn some time, right? Besides, this was a standard seafront theme park - what could possibly go wrong?

FREE THE WAILORDS FROM SLAVERY! YOU THINK SHAMU ENJOYS DOING TRICKS ALL DAY? HE REALLY DOESN'T!

Team Aqua? Those guys were still around? Joshua thought they'd been disbanded some time ago, after the events in Hoenn revolving around Kyogre and Groudon. Hadn't they been stopped by some kid named Brendan? Joshua gave a sigh. There was a certain point about the Wailords being kept in captivity, but they were treated fairly, and were really just trained as your average Pokémon. How were Team Aqua any better with the Pokémon they used? Such hypocrisy. Still, no reason to let them spoil his day with his Squirtle.

"Well, the big show with Shamu isn't for another hour, so we've got time for a couple of rides. I really want to try and see if we can find a new buddy, but the Kyogre-Koaster sounds awesome..." He sighed. What do you think little buddy?" Joshua unfurled his guidemap in front of Aegis, who pointed at the Manta Pool. Understandable, since it would give him a chance to swim. Joshua shrugged. "Sounds like a plan, then we can check out that rollercoaster before seeing Shamu! I have the distinct feeling that Team Aqua's little protest won't stop at the gates, but, eh. Let's be carefree, I'm sure other people can handle it. To the Manta Pool!" Joshua put away his map, swung Aegis onto his shoulder, and traipsed off to the left, towards the Manta Pool.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Crater Lake

Itzatrap: Having just reached your destination you’re quick to find that goings-on around Crater Lake are far from dormant as the teenage redhead quickly points out. You quickly spring into action, volleying a Pokéball against the ashy banks. The ball cracks open with a flash of light, a shell spinning upward with Shell’s arms and head quickly popping out. The snapping turtle clocks onto the emergency as you quickly knot a rope around his round belly – he’d need a hand to lug the camel out of the water. Squirtle nods reassuringly as he nosedives into the pool, your fingers gripping tightly to the string of rope. You and the redhead eagerly watch on, the turtle submerging a good hundred yards down the lake before spotting something. The comatose Numel was trapped under a rock, air bubbles leaving its nostrils signalling he’d be a goner in another minute or two. If that wasn’t pressure enough a Carvanha seems to have caught the turtle’s eye and fancies itself a tasty meal. What will you do?
    Looking at the Numel lose its last breath of air, as the Carvanha possibly made the decision to have turtle for lunch, Rob thought it was time to take matters into his own hands to help the Numel. "Oh no, I'm going to regret this..." he thought to himself.

He handed the rope to Olli and quickly started to take off his shoes, jeans and shirt, "Olli I need you to be prepared to help me out if everything goes as planned. I'm going to try and lure the Carvahna near here, use Taunt to gain its attention when it is close enough, then use Leer and try to keep it occupied only while I help Shell," he then turned to the girl, "I need your help as well if you can pull the rope to help the Squirtle if he needs it." "I'm going to need to tell Shell to use Rock Smash on the rock pinning down the Numel once I get close enough. Hopefully I won't become Carvanha food..." he thought as he raced as quickly as possible to get the Carvanha's attention.

It's like you read my mind Balmund. I was thinking of having one of my future Pokemon speak only Japanese (like an Oshawott saying "Miju" instead of "Osha" or something). I still might do that though.

::Crater Lake::

jolteonjak: You stood in front of what was probably the largest Quagsire you had ever seen; its inexpressive face only adding to the awkwardness of the whole situation. You trust your instincts and politely explain your intentions to the oversized salamander, hoping it to be of the gentle and friendly breed of giants. Your nervousness only increases even more however as it does absolutely nothing; taking its sweet time to digest each and every single one of your words.

"Pedro? Who's there?" you hear the voice of an old man coming from within, the Quagsire slowly turning to face its source and moving aside as the elder, probably on his mid-80's, apprached at his own slow but steady pace.

"My, my... aren't you a young one?" he said as he got a good look at you both. "Come on in, lad, you must be tired. You'll have to excuse this big, useless oaf here. I assure you he's mostly harmless, and dim-witted as a Slowpoke, he is. My wife says he only understands Spanish, so we started calling 'im Pedro. I say his problem is just that he's barely smarter than a rock," he chuckled.

"Now please take a seat," he continued, "your room will be ready in a few minutes and dinner should be done in a couple of hours. I don't think you would have a problem introducing yourself? What brings you all the way over here, son?"

It's about time you found a place to rest, isn't it? And now you find yourself in company of the lodge's owner, who probably knows a great deal of stories and lore that you may be interested in. If not over a nice dinner perhaps this is the best time to let loose any questions that you may have.

What will you do?

Chad and Cyndaquil stood frozen in their position looking up at the massive Pokemon that filled in the doorway to the lodge. He hoped to hear a simple "Quag" or something similar to show he was being acknowledged. After what seemed like a lifetime of staring, Chad began to get more nervous.

Then from behind the Quagsire, "Pedro? Who's there?" an old man spoke. Chad felt relief instantly. Pedro turned and began to move aside slowly as one would expect such a giant Pokemon to move. Chad could see an elderly gentleman step forward, also pretty slowly.

"My, my...aren't you a young one?" the old man said as he sized up Chad and Cyndaquil. "Come on in, lad, you must be tired. You'll have to excuse this big, useless oaf here," Chad looked at Pedro. "I assure you he's mostly harmless, and dim-witted as a Slowpoke, he is. My wife says he only understands Spanish, so we started calling 'im Pedro." Chad turned back to the elderly man. "I say his problem is just that he's barely smarter than a rock," he said chuckling.

"Spanish, huh?" Chad asked surprised. "He's got one up on me. I know very little Spanish."

"Now please take a seat," he continued, "your room will be ready in a few minutes and dinner should be done in a couple hours. I don't think you would have a problem introducing yourself? What brings you all the way over here, son?"

"Thank you very much sir," Chad replied graciously. He sat in the chair and immediately felt comfort. "It feels great to be off my feet." Cyndaquil hopped up on his lap. "You see, my parents told me a lot about Crater Lake when they visited many years ago. I just had to see it for myself, so here I am." Chad started to pet Cyndaquil's head. "I have to say, from what I could see, it's beautiful up here." Cyndaquil squeaked happily. "I'm grateful for the room, and tomorrow I'd like to explore the lake and see the different Pokemon that live here. My name is Chad, and this is my Cyndaquil." Chad extended his hand to the elderly man. "Oh yes, and if I can help you and your wife out with dinner, I would be happy to. It's the least I could do. I'd also be interested to hear any stories you have about the area over dinner."

Stats

Default Whale Island - o3

That's my cap filled at 10. Sorry to anyone who missed out, and welcome aboard Rotom and Balmund!

Raine’s Wildlife Park

Pengyzu: Slightly worried you might have updated yourself with the whole ‘Wave Pool’, be careful about describing things which I haven’t already mentioned. The dialogue with Raine doesn’t really bother me at all, but you’ll find the best RPers fluff up their posts by describing their surroundings, feeling and interactions with their own Pokémon.

Happy to take part in the show, even if you were just behind the scenes, you gladly take Raine up on his offer snagging the Dive Ball. You decide to spend some time by the pool, stripping down to your swimwear and leaping right in. Kara nervously hovers over the water’s edge, timidly testing the water with her paw. Before she can make her mind up she slips and falls straight in! Luckily the water is fairly shallow throughout, down the deepest end which hosted three small waterslides. You look in awe at the pool littered with young swimmers, what a perfect spot to get Keiko used to human interaction! A flick of your wrist and the Dive Ball hurtles into the deeper end of the pool, Keiko bobbing on the surface like a beach ball. The baby whale looks around for its mother, nervously rowing toward you as you call it by name. It takes some coaxing to get him to trust you, but he’s still not sure about the other kids.

“Hey, neat Pokémon! I’ve got two Pokémon too, fancy duking it out?” with that a youngster sporting a Psyduck inner-tube throws two Pokéballs in the air, cracking open in unison on the shallow surface. To the left, a Meinfoo rolls out of its Pokéball with a rolling kick, splashing into the water in a kung-fu stance. To the right, Wingull emerges from the water taking flight above of the shallow pool and squawking ardently. Looks like this was the type of easy battle you were looking for to break in the performing Wailmer. What will you do?

Son of Shadows: Just a note: whilst I’ve set up some potential captures, try and play along rather than going in guns a’ blazing attacking the park’s Pokémon :P

Whilst Team Aqua’s presence at the family park sends alarm bells ringing in your head, you decide to ignore their ‘peaceful’ protest and make your way to one of the wildlife exhibits. The big show starts in an hour so you had no time to waste! You wander off the mainstreet and toward the west wing of the park, and after a quick stroll you find yourself outside of a large enclosure coloured with painted with bubbles and Mantine. The queue for this attraction goes fairly quickly as you pass through the gates. Just ahead is a makeshift ocean edged by beachy sand and a few sharp rocks. A Mantine speeds past the bay, waves of white foam soaking yourself and Aegis – the turtle snapping in content. You spot several youngsters riding on the back of Mantyke supervised by the park trainers, with teens such as yourself sailing with the larger and faster schools of Mantine who seemed to enjoy the attention. It looked as though there was a wait if Aegis wanted to ride a Mantyke, whilst there were one or two Mantine circling the pool free to ride. Before you can make a choice you spot something shudder loose from the sandy seabed – it was a Stunfisk! The muddy electric ray slides towards one of the trainers for its lunch; it was the perfect size for you or Aegis to ride. What will you do?

Ampere Beach

Dark Searchman: With the battle underway you find yourself struggling to leave any lasting damage with the Exeggutor a difficult matchup for a juvenile psychic type. Ralts had managed to wreak confusion on the towering palm tree, but it would take more than luck to win this battle. You block out the circle of spectators – focusing on the skirmish ahead as you shoot off a more offensive chain of orders. Having barely evaded being squashed, the Ralt’s mindset quickly switches to an offensive red. With Exeggutor still stumbling on one foot in its stupor, the small Psychic decides to up the temperature a few degrees, spitting out a burst of flames around the foe’s feet. The palm tree shrieks in pain as the attack Incinerates up its body. The flames quickly subside leaving it looking slightly charged, each coconut sporting a nasty grimace. Exeggutor is quick on the rebuttal as it spits out a flurry of Seed Bombs, one of the stronger attacks in its arsenal that sends Ralts flying. The emotion Pokémon hops back to its feet, Growling in hopes of scaring its foe. This works about as well as it did last time, as the palm tree Stomps the Pokémon into the sand managing to pin her down. Whilst still in the green, Ralts is unable to budge under the weight of Exeggutor’s foot... What will you do?

Trainer Andy: Whilst you’d effectively managed to unlatch the playful Corphish, it hadn’t come without a toll as the lobster sets his sights on Sheldon. With bubble splashes all over the snapping turtle’s face, he shake his head angrily and starts pawing the sand again. Luckily he had help on his side - Rage was written all over your face, and evidently your backside. Shooting off a set of orders you watch with a sense of satisfaction as Turtwig swings into action. The grass type starts out on the defensive with a Withdraw - tucking his limbs into the sturdy carapace. Corphish hardily scuttles forward, raising one claw as he attempts to lock the turtle in another ViceGrip, however Sheldons earthy hide protects him from damage. With the crab in point-blank range Sheldon switches to the offensive, leaping out of his shell and butting Corphish with another Tackle. The attack sends the crustacean tumbling back, but it’s as stubborn as he is mischievous as it darts in for another ViceGrip. This time he manages to pinch the turtle on the snout, Sheldon’s eyes welling up trapped in the crustacean’s clamp. What will you do?

Seaside City

Rotom310: New to Whale Island’s capital city and raring for adventure, you find yourself in the lobby of a highroller hotel – nestled in the centre of the big city’s financial district. Salazar wraps around your neck like a boa scarf, hissing contently in the tropical atmosphere. Ready as you’ll ever be you push through a set of revolving doors, the tranquil lobby music quickly substituted by the racket of a bustling city! Yellow cabs speed past, carelessly spraying puddles at your feet – everyone had somewhere to be with the local commuters chaotically shoving past. Wingull swoop overhead, perching on skyscraper ledges whilst a pack of Poochyena scamper down the street with the catch of the day. It was rush hour and there was no end to the goings-on of the big city. You trip back, edging towards the hotel steps with no clear sense of direction. The bellhop dashes to your attention, you must’ve stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the business folk hurrying down the busy main street.

“Y’know, there are two ways to get around here. The Open-top Bus is a carefree way to see the sights from above, whilst the Subway will get you from A to B in no time. Just be wary of the underground battling circuit and any electric types that live under there...” Caught between two modes of transport, what will you do?

The Caverns

Celebii: Perhaps you were too noisy on your entry or maybe you’d just come at a bad time, but regardless a flock of Zubat and Golbat were haphazardly swooping past your head leaving you a little ruffled. One decides to hang on though, leaving you with some trouble if you wanted to venture further into the dark tunnel. Despite holding a large evolutionary advantage, you decide to pit Aron against the bat – his typing trumping Golbat’s in every possible way. You volley a set of orders toward the metal creature who springs into action, albeit disorientated slightly by the screeching. Making use of its impressive speed, Golbat is first up as it swoops down and tries Biting down hard on Aron. You can only watch in triumph as the rodent flutters rearward in pain – no doubt chipping a fang on the Pokémon’s diamond-hard carapace. Aron grins as he paws against the ground with one foot, his body flickering up as he runs into a Flame Charge. Whilst doing so the pitch-black cave lights up, giving you enough time to spot several unburnt torches loosely fastened to the walls. You’d have to remember to pick one up after the battle. Leaping through the air in a gulf of flames, Aron makes his mark, smacking Golbat back for another nice hit. The bat is anxious to retaliate, instead sending a Supersonic echo down the cave. Aron tries tackling the source of the noise Head on, only managing to waywardly butt into some nearby Rocks in his stupor. What will you do?

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: With two lovebirds among your motley crew you find yourself attracted to the paradise known as Kakatua – a hotspot for lovers around these parts. Nestled in the cliffs of a large forest opening, the warm lagoon offers the perfect amount of privacy. That would be, if you weren’t tagging along in plain sight. This doesn’t matter too much though as Sothe and Orcharist quickly regress to fighting, the Sceptile thumping his chest to instill dominance whilst Seviper retaliates with a glare that could stun a full-grown Tauros. Some things never change, and before you can split the pair up a loud caw breaks through the air. Suddenly you spot a pair of Flygon swoop overhead, twirling over the treetops as they dip over the cliffs and out of sight. You can’t help but wonder if love was contagious around these parts but as quickly as the Flygon were gone your ears prick up to the sound of a banjo. You spot a kayak creeping out from the trees. There was a bearded man with shaggy hair, his eyes concealed by circular shades as he strums nonchalantly on his instrument. Just behind was a pretty woman blowing the flute with pink flowers in her hair. At the rear of the boat was a large man who looked somewhat like a personified Snorlax, cheerily drumming a pair of bongos. All three were dressed in tie-die tunics.

♫ Don’t fall in love with the travelling girl,
    She’ll leave you broken- broken hearted ♫

“Hey river people!” the hippie exclaims, “We’re travelling nomads. For the right amount of coins we’ll play you the song about the legend of Kakatua Lagoon~” Odd, but maybe there was more to the carefree bunch than met the eye. What will you do?

The Ghostly Galleon

UNowenwasme?: “Mana!” The Pokémon chirps, showering half a dozen apple-sized Energy Balls into the clear water. You watch as some of the bubbles splash against the oblivious school of Magikarp, flaring in a pretty show of green fireworks on impact. Eager to participate, you hold out your hand as Manaphy starts pitching some of the balls your way – allowing you scarce time to volley them downwards. It’s not long before you get the hang of this game, managing to hit a few Barboach who sneer grumpily in return. Whilst you’re not quite a natural as the seafaring Pokémon, you find yourself having fun all the same. Time starts to fly by, and you’re too busy playing the unusual sport to notice dark clouds peaking up the night’s sky. Gene’s surveillance heightens as he picks up on the change in weather – odd drips of rain drumming against his metal hide. It takes a loud clap of thunder to get your attention, the noise throwing off Manaphy’s aim and causing the fish to scuttle away in panic. It looked like a good time to swim back to shore, but the waves start to pick up in size, casting you out further out. With a flash of lightning Manaphy clings to your side in fear.

This is more than enough to spur Gene into action, the robotic Pokémon hovering toward you at maximum speed. The waves quickly become treacherous, crashing violently and pulling you under. You can’t help wondering if this was triggered by nearby seismic activity, but survival quickly becomes the only thing on your mind as you find yourself caught in a massive tidal wave! Manaphy is much lighter, jetting up to the arc of the wave. You reach out to grab it but the wave quickly collapses on itself, bubbles streaming from your mouth as you start to lose consciousness. The last thing you see amongst the pitch black water is sea angel – fading away into the distance as you rapidly sink downward. Barely conscious, you feel Metang’s cold arms rub against your back as he catches you in his arms – lugging you onto his body as he rises back to the surface...

... Your eyes narrowly peak open, the sun causing you to squint and cover your face. There was no telling how long you’d been out for, but your lips were cracked and your throat incredibly parched. Gene acknowledges you, sensing a change in your neuropatterns, but you were more concerned about Manaphy. It was nowhere to be seen, surely it would’ve helped protect you... thoughts are quickly drawn back to survival; there was no coastline in any direction, just gentle waves and a small black dot on the horizon. You must’ve been cast far further offshore than you expected. The black dot draws closer and you’re quickly able to make out that it’s an old wood vessel. Any speculation as to what kind of vessel is quickly cleared as you spot a Duskull Cross & Bones on its mast and a striking Jynx carved into its bow. It was the Ghostly Galleon! The ship unfurrows its black sails as it parks a good eyes distance from you. Before you can get a good look at anyone on board, you here a hardy bellow emanating from the main deck.

“An enemy boat be sailing on our port bow! Fire da cannonballs!” As quickly as the voice cuts off you spot a platoon of cannons roll down the deck, the band of pirates loading them up with Voltorb! What will you do?

Crater Lake

Itzatrap: With time running out you take charge and hatch a plan of action. You hastily dress down to your shorts ready to go in there and rescue the camel Pokémon yourself – leaving Chimchar in charge of the diversion and the redhead in charge of the rescuing.“I can do you one better than that, Torkoal go!” the adolescent chucks a Pokéball into the air, midway revealing a fiery tortoise Pokémon that plods onto the rocky water bank with a thick of smoke. The teen then fastens the rope around the tortoise’s neck, signalling you to go with a reassuring thumbs up. Nodding in return, you nervously hold your last breath and nosedive into the pool. With a splash you’re quickly submerged in the surprisingly warm water, bubbles running from your nose as you get a lock on the three Pokémon. Carvahna quickly clocks onto your presence too, you’d make a tastier meal than the sea turtle would, that’s for sure. As it shoots up new face catches its eye, a simian Pokémon pulling funny faces and Taunting the piranha to come and get him.

It becomes clear the fish’s ego is far bigger than its appetite as it quickly switches direction, leaving yourself, Shell and the Numel free from interruption. With time running short you quickly hand signal you want Shell to Smash the Rock. The snapping turtle nods as he tucks his arms in, lowing his head and swimming toward the boulder at breakneck pace. The rock breaks away in a thick of dust, the comatose Numel now drifting free. Squirtle anchors himself around the baby camel, allowing you to speed to the surface gasping for air. The redheaded girl quickly orders her Torkoal to pull - the fire-type puffing smoke as he marches away from the pond. Sighing with relief, you turn your head only to discover this dilemma was far from finished – Chimchar spinning around frantically with Carvahna latched onto his skull. The girl rushes to Numel as soon as it reaches the surface, “You help out your Chimchar, and I’ll take care of resuscitating Numel!”
    Last edited by Emp; 5th April 2012 at 5:23 PM.

Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy: Whilst you’d effectively managed to unlatch the playful Corphish, it hadn’t come without a toll as the lobster sets his sights on Sheldon. With bubble splashes all over the snapping turtle’s face, he shake his head angrily and starts pawing the sand again. Luckily he had help on his side - Rage was written all over your face, and evidently your backside. Shooting off a set of orders you watch with a sense of satisfaction as Turtwig swings into action. The grass type starts out on the defensive with a Withdraw - tucking his limbs into the sturdy carapace. Corphish hardily scuttles forward, raising one claw as he attempts to lock the turtle in another ViceGrip, however Sheldons earthy hide protects him from damage. With the crab in point-blank range Sheldon switches to the offensive, leaping out of his shell and butting Corphish with another Tackle. The attack sends the crustacean tumbling back, but it’s as stubborn as he is mischievous as it darts in for another ViceGrip. This time he manages to pinch the turtle on the snout, Sheldon’s eyes welling up trapped in the crustacean’s clamp. What will you do?

Andy winced as he saw the crustacean clamp it's pincers into Sheldon's snout, listening to his Pokemon's cry of pain. This Corphish was really pushing his luck now.

"Right, that does it!" Andy shouted, springing to his feet, ignoring the pain still throbbing in his behind.
    He balled his hands into fists and locked onto the Corphish with a steely glare, fighting the urge to rush in and start attacking the opponent Pokemon himself.

"I don't know what your problem is, attacking people who just came here to rest and relax." Andy found that he surprised himself with the rage bubbling in his voice, "I could have forgiven you for pinching me, but hurting Sheldon is just crossing the line!"

Andy dug his fingernails into his palms and kicked at the sand in frustration.

"That's it..." Andy thought to himself suddenly, "the sand!"

With the natural electrical current running through it, Andy desperately hoped it would have some kind of effect on the Water-type Pokemon.

"Sheldon, Withdraw and pull Corphish's pincer into your shell so it can't escape, then use Earth Power!"

- - - -
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

Raine’s Wildlife Park

Son of Shadows: Just a note: whilst I’ve set up some potential captures, try and play along rather than going in guns a’ blazing attacking the park’s Pokémon :P

Whilst Team Aqua’s presence at the family park sends alarm bells ringing in your head, you decide to ignore their ‘peaceful’ protest and make your way to one of the wildlife exhibits. The big show starts in an hour so you had no time to waste! You wander off the mainstreet and toward the west wing of the park, and after a quick stroll you find yourself outside of a large enclosure coloured with painted with bubbles and Mantine. The queue for this attraction goes fairly quickly as you pass through the gates. Just ahead is a makeshift ocean edged by beachy sand and a few sharp rocks. A Mantine speeds past the bay, waves of white foam soaking yourself and Aegis – the turtle snapping in content. You spot several youngsters riding on the back of Mantyke supervised by the park trainers, with teens such as yourself sailing with the larger and faster schools of Mantine who seemed to enjoy the attention. It looked as though there was a wait if Aegis wanted to ride a Mantyke, whilst there were one or two Mantine circling the pool free to ride. Before you can make a choice you spot something shudder loose from the sandy seabed – it was a Stunfisk! The muddy electric ray slides towards one of the trainers for its lunch; it was the perfect size for you or Aegis to ride. What will you do?

(Gotcha, I'll avoid the Leeroy Jenkins approach... For now...)

"Well, here we are, amigo. Ready to swim with the big boys?"

"Squirtle squirt!" chirped Aegis, as the first wave of white foam cascaded over them, drenching the pair. Joshua spat a jet of water, and took off his hoodie to wring it out.

"Brilliant," he said, as the Squirtle began to chuckle at him from the ground beside him. He was almost tempted to kick the turtle Pokémon over. Almost. Joshua surveyed the bay, trying to see what the two could do. They could swim with the Mantyke, who seemed popular with the kids, or the Mantine who seemed more suited to people Joshua's age. Aegis was looking at the Mantyke, but with the queue... "No, I think we'd better give the Mantyke a miss. Sorry buddy, but we're on a schedule. Ooh, hello, now what's THAT?" asked Joshua, as perhaps the derpiest Pokémon he'd ever seen began to move about on the seabed. He recognised it as a Stunfisk, a Pokémon with a unique Ground and Electric typing... And small enough that it could compare with a Mantyke. Joshua grinned, getting an idea.

"Let's ride the Stunfisk Aegis, but be careful! It's an Electric type, so it could easily give you a shock... Still, it seems pretty docile, so I don't see why it would."
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: With two lovebirds among your motley crew you find yourself attracted to the paradise known as Kakatua – a hotspot for lovers around these parts. Nestled in the cliffs of a large forest opening, the warm lagoon offers the perfect amount of privacy. That would be, if you weren’t tagging along in plain sight. This doesn’t matter too much though as Sothe and Orcharist quickly regress to fighting, the Sceptile thumping his chest to instill dominance whilst Seviper retaliates with a glare that could stun a full-grown Tauros. Some things never change, and before you can split the pair up a loud caw breaks through the air. Suddenly you spot a pair of Flygon swoop overhead, twirling over the treetops as they dip over the cliffs and out of sight. You can’t help but wonder if love was contagious around these parts but as quickly as the Flygon were gone your ears prick up to the sound of a banjo. You spot a kayak creeping out from the trees. There was a bearded man with shaggy hair, his eyes concealed by circular shades as he strums nonchalantly on his instrument. Just behind was a pretty woman blowing the flute with pink flowers in her hair. At the rear of the boat was a large man who looked somewhat like a personified Snorlax, cheerily drumming a pair of bongos. All three were dressed in tie-die tunics.

♫ Don’t fall in love with the travelling girl,
    She’ll leave you broken- broken hearted ♫

“Hey river people!” the hippie exclaims, “We’re travelling nomads. For the right amount of coins we’ll play you the song about the legend of Kakatua Lagoon~” Odd, but maybe there was more to the carefree bunch than met the eye. What will you do?
    The sight of the lovey-dovey couple of Flygon gracefully flying and twirling from treetop to treetop overhead was quite a contrast to the scene he had before him. It was a thing of beauty for Balmund seeing the ritualistic love-dance of dragons, and he only hoped that Sothe and Christ would get along that well, or at least more often than they already did. At least the sight of them managed to distract the couple from one another, if only for a while. Sooner than they could get back at each other though they all start hearing the folkloric sound a banjo, Balmund spotting its source as he sees a kayak creeping out from the trees, a trio of life-loving hippies casually playing their instruments on top of it. There was a bearded man with long hair that lead with his banjo; a pretty woman with pink flowers on her hair who blew the flute; and a large, lax man who cheerfully drummed the bongos. Certainly an odd crowd, but they looked like a fun and chillax group. Just what Balmund needed, and when they offered to sing about the legend of Kakatua Lagoon he just could not refuse the offer. His Pokémon enjoyed music too for the most part, and this would be a good time to set the appropriate mood.

"Why I think I would give you more than just coins if you'd all sing for us, brother!" Balmund replied with a smile. "Please do, and while were at it I might as well share some snacks, eh?" he wrapped up. Chris had already slithered by his side, anxiously awaiting the private event, while Sothe only stayed a few steps back, raising an sceptical eyebrow in anticipation. Balmund was sure whatever they did, it surely was gonna be full of gas, baby!
    Last edited by Balmund; 6th April 2012 at 1:16 AM.

The Ghostly Galleon

UNowenwasme?: “Mana!” The Pokémon chirps, showering half a dozen apple-sized Energy Balls into the clear water. You watch as some of the bubbles splash against the oblivious school of Magikarp, flaring in a pretty show of green fireworks on impact. Eager to participate, you hold out your hand as Manaphy starts pitching some of the balls your way – allowing you scarce time to volley them downwards. It’s not long before you get the hang of this game, managing to hit a few Barboach who sneer grumpily in return. Whilst you’re not quite a natural as the seafaring Pokémon, you find yourself having fun all the same. Time starts to fly by, and you’re too busy playing the unusual sport to notice dark clouds peaking up the night’s sky. Gene’s surveillance heightens as he picks up on the change in weather – odd drips of rain drumming against his metal hide. It takes a loud clap of thunder to get your attention, the noise throwing off Manaphy’s aim and causing the fish to scuttle away in panic. It looked like a good time to swim back to shore, but the waves start to pick up in size, casting you out further out. With a flash of lightning Manaphy clings to your side in fear.

This is more than enough to spur Gene into action, the robotic Pokémon hovering toward you at maximum speed. The waves quickly become treacherous, crashing violently and pulling you under. You can’t help wondering if this was triggered by nearby seismic activity, but survival quickly becomes the only thing on your mind as you find yourself caught in a massive tidal wave! Manaphy is much lighter, jetting up to the arc of the wave. You reach out to grab it but the wave quickly collapses on itself, bubbles streaming from your mouth as you start to lose consciousness. The last thing you see amongst the pitch black water is sea angel – fading away into the distance as you rapidly sink downward. Barely conscious, you feel Metang’s cold arms rub against your back as he catches you in his arms – lugging you onto his body as he rises back to the surface...

... Your eyes narrowly peak open, the sun causing you to squint and cover your face. There was no telling how long you’d been out for, but your lips were cracked and your throat incredibly parched. Gene acknowledges you, sensing a change in your neuropatterns, but you were more concerned about Manaphy. It was nowhere to be seen, surely it would’ve helped protect you... thoughts are quickly drawn back to survival; there was no coastline in any direction, just gentle waves and a small black dot on the horizon. You must’ve been cast far further offshore than you expected. The black dot draws closer and you’re quickly able to make out that it’s an old wood vessel. Any speculation as to what kind of vessel is quickly cleared as you spot a Duskull Cross & Bones on its mast and a striking Jynx carved into its bow. It was the Ghostly Galleon! The ship unfurrows its black sails as it parks a good eyes distance from you. Before you can get a good look at anyone on board, you here a hardy bellow emanating from the main deck.

“An enemy boat be sailing on our port bow! Fire da cannonballs!” As quickly as the voice cuts off you spot a platoon of cannons roll down the deck, the band of pirates loading them up with Voltorb! What will you do?
    Manaphy sent Jayce some of the energy balls. It felt weird to volley them downward. There's a reason human beings don't have "attacks". He continued volleying them downwards continuing to get better. He hit a few Barboach who, understandably, looked up annoyed at him. He couldn't blame them. He looked over at Manaphy who was doing great with made up sport and literally blew Jayce's skills out of the water. Jayce continued along with Manaphy and time flew by. It was really enjoyable. Then a loud clap of thunder got Jayce's attention. He noticed that it was raining as well. A storm must have started without him noticing. *Man I was really into that game.* He thought to himself. Manaphy noticed the same thing and the waves began to grow in size and strength. A bolt of lightning made Manaphy cling to Jayce's side. Jayce was attempting to swim back to shore but the waves were fierce and too much for him to handle. As they crashed over him they began to pull him under. Jayce was wondering what could have caused this so suddenly, but he disregarded the thought. He needed to get up. He needed to survive. He swam up able to reach the surface, only to be caught in a massive tidal wave! Manaphy was much lighter and quickly headed to the arc of the wave. Jayce reached for Manaphy and called out but there was too much noise for Manaphy to hear. He missed and Manaphy went to the arc of the wave as it crashed down. Bubbles flew out of Jayce's mouth and he began losing consciousness. *Manaphy... Help... No use... The water... It's so dark... Manaphy... fading away... can't see... No...* Jayce awoke having to squint from the sun...
    Gene was absentmindedly drawing on the sand. It was drawing using one point of it's claw. *Never thought I'd have the time to do something like this.* It was drawing Jayce's face with as much detail possible. Gene had a photographic memory so it was easy enough to see the details of his face, another thing to draw it. The lines of his face were starting to look more like Jayce and Gene was content. Of course at the same time it was watching Jayce play. It went on for a long time. Gene noticed the weather change and heightened his surveillance paying attention to only Jayce. Jayce didn't seem to notice the dark clouds until a loud clap of thunder snapped him out of it. Gene noticed the waves were also getting treacherous and it decided that this was enough to warrant going out and retrieving Jayce. Jayce was trying but Gene knew that it was impossible for him to make it back alone. Then gene saw the tidal wave. It hurried as fast as it could but not fast enough to save Jayce from being pushed underneath it and sinking. Gene didn't care if it would rust, it went under the water and grabbed Jayce then hurried back up to the surface. It couldn't see land anywhere and it noticed that the sun was beginning to rise.
    Jayce had no idea how long he'd been out for. His throat was parched and his lips were cracked. It was extremely hard to open his eyes. Gene acknowledged that Jayce was awake and made a metallic sound, but Jayce understood it. (You're awake.) Jayce had just realized that he was sitting upon Gene. "Yes I am... Wait a minute you said something to me...I feel like I should be more shocked but...wait where's Manaphy?" He looked around and Manaphy was not in the water. *Why couldn't Manaphy help me out of the water? I almost drowned...I'm glad Gene was watching us...* Then he realized he was in the middle of a body of water. He looked around and saw no shorelines anywhere. The waves had calmed down but he did notice a black dot in the distance. He realized how far out he must be if he couldn't see any shorelines. He began to wonder what the black dot was when he saw that it was bigger than before. As it approached he realized it was a wooden ship and then realized it was much more than just a wooden ship. The Duskull Cross & Bones, and the Jynx on it's bow. He knew what it was. The Ghostly Galleon...In the middle of the day? He thought it was a legend that appeared at night. Either way the sails came down and before Jayce could see anyone on the ship. He heard someone yell out, "An enemy boat be sailing on our port bow! Fire da cannonballs!” Jayce knew it must be him and Gene and saw the cannons roll along. He came up with a plan on the spot fast. "Alright Gene, create a Light Screen because if anything explodes we don't want to be hit by the explosion. Then fly towards the ship and fire off a shadow ball to the left of the ship to distract them. If there's a way in to the ship take it. If not fire off a shadow ball on the right side and look for a way in on the left. If again you don't see anything let's try and make our way in with a Take Down. Remember there's something special about this ship so be careful." Gene was surprised. In the face of a crisis Jayce did not falter. Jayce grabbed on to Gene's front horn. *This might be a wild ride...*

Stats.
    Last edited by UNowenwasme?; 6th April 2012 at 3:09 AM.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast