Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 519

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post

    Ampere Beach

    Dark Searchman: With the battle underway you find yourself struggling to leave any lasting damage with the Exeggutor a difficult matchup for a juvenile psychic type. Ralts had managed to wreak confusion on the towering palm tree, but it would take more than luck to win this battle. You block out the circle of spectators – focusing on the skirmish ahead as you shoot off a more offensive chain of orders. Having barely evaded being squashed, the Ralt’s mindset quickly switches to an offensive red. With Exeggutor still stumbling on one foot in its stupor, the small Psychic decides to up the temperature a few degrees, spitting out a burst of flames around the foe’s feet. The palm tree shrieks in pain as the attack Incinerates up its body. The flames quickly subside leaving it looking slightly charged, each coconut sporting a nasty grimace. Exeggutor is quick on the rebuttal as it spits out a flurry of Seed Bombs, one of the stronger attacks in its arsenal that sends Ralts flying. The emotion Pokémon hops back to its feet, Growling in hopes of scaring its foe. This works about as well as it did last time, as the palm tree Stomps the Pokémon into the sand managing to pin her down. Whilst still in the green, Ralts is unable to budge under the weight of Exeggutor’s foot... What will you do?
    Hyrem could feel the red color given off by Ralts as she spit flames aimed at Incinerating Exeggutor's feet. Now they were getting somewhere! Exeggutor hated being caught by that fiery attack, and it wanted to let this pair of wannabes know who was the stronger Pokemon around this beach. So it started spitting Seed Bombs at Ralts, and Hyrem could see Ralts starting to take some damage. He and Ralts hoped they could lessen future damage even further by Ralts using Growl against Exeggutor, but it just didn't seem to work at all. This time, Exeggutor successfully Stomped Ralts into the sand.

    This is bad, Hyrem thought. Growl's not doing anything, and if we use Confusion... maybe we can get lucky and confuse the eggheads again, but I can't expect that to work twice. Then he realized... they can make Exeggutor really regret using Stomp! It was somewhat of a risk, and there was no telling how much energy Ralts had left for it, but they really had no other option.

    "Ralts, use Incinerate right on Exeggutor's foot! Then get back up and use Confusion to try to mess with their heads again! Once that's done, jump up and use Incinerate right in their faces! Just hang in there, Ralts, and we can beat it!"

  2. #52
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pokemon World
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Pengyzu:

    Happy to take part in the show, even if you were just behind the scenes, you gladly take Raine up on his offer snagging the Dive Ball. You decide to spend some time by the pool, stripping down to your swimwear and leaping right in. Kara nervously hovers over the water’s edge, timidly testing the water with her paw. Before she can make her mind up she slips and falls straight in! Luckily the water is fairly shallow throughout, down the deepest end which hosted three small waterslides. You look in awe at the pool littered with young swimmers, what a perfect spot to get Keiko used to human interaction! A flick of your wrist and the Dive Ball hurtles into the deeper end of the pool, Keiko bobbing on the surface like a beach ball. The baby whale looks around for its mother, nervously rowing toward you as you call it by name. It takes some coaxing to get him to trust you, but he’s still not sure about the other kids.

    “Hey, neat Pokémon! I’ve got two Pokémon too, fancy duking it out?” with that a youngster sporting a Psyduck inner-tube throws two Pokéballs in the air, cracking open in unison on the shallow surface. To the left, a Meinfoo rolls out of its Pokéball with a rolling kick, splashing into the water in a kung-fu stance. To the right, Wingull emerges from the water taking flight above of the shallow pool and squawking ardently. Looks like this was the type of easy battle you were looking for to break in the performing Wailmer. What will you do?
    The young man pockets the Dive Ball and decides to go for a swim. He goes inside the dressing room and changes into his swimwear. A nice black and blue shorty wetsuit that fits him nicely, considering his smaller than usual stature. He packs his clothes into his nice backpack. He exits the changing room with an unsure look on his face. He seems to be insecure about what he looks like, but nonetheless, he hurries over to the pool.

    "Cannonball!!!"

    He cannonballs into the pool teeming with little youngsters. The dive causes some water to splash out of the pool as the force forms waves around the impact site.

    "Come on in buddy! The water is fine!"

    The shivering Ralts leans down to test the water with his paw. As he leans however, he clumsily slips and falls right in.

    "That's so cute! Haha! Hmm... it would seem unfair for my other Pokemon to be left out."

    He takes out two of the Pokeballs inside his waterproof pouch, one of which is a Dive Ball. He tosses these upwards as a bright red lightning bolt pops out of them. Rey catches the two balls and smiles at the newcomers. Wailmer bobs out of the water near the deep end, while Bagon appears playing around in the water. The Wailmer looks really worried and seems to be in distress. He looks for his mother frantically, leaving Rey and Kara concerned.

    "Keiko! Over here!"

    The Wailmer rushes over to the boy with a look of hope.

    "Hey there. Please stay calm. I was assigned by Mr. Raine to take care of you and shape you up for tonight's show. Your mom is okay, and so are you. I'll take care of you okay? I just want you to have a good time!"

    The Wailmer nods, still having doubts, but eventually warms up to the idea and cuddles Rey. The four play around in the water for some time. Keiko warming up really fast but still afraid of the other children.

    “Hey, neat Pokémon! I’ve got two Pokémon too, fancy duking it out?” The boy throws two Pokeballs the open in unison, making two Pokemon appear and dive in the fun.

    "Uh... sure I guess. I'm a new trainer though and I don't think any of my Pokemon are good for matches but I guess this would be part of the experience. Besides... Mr. Raine would probably want Keiko to partake in it."

    "You mean... THE Raine? The Raine that owns this park? The one that's the star of the Wet'n'wild Show?!"

    "Well... yeah! And this is Keiko, the new baby Wailmer!"

    "Neat! So, let's get this fight going?"

    "Sure I guess. How about you Kara, you up for it?"

    Kara relays a message of approval telepathically to Rey. "Game on!"

    "Okay then! Let's start things off with the moves you guys know, probably not much. Kara, Growl at your enemies and assault Mienfoo with a Shadow Sneak. As for you Keiko... I'm not really sure, what you can do... So ummm... you should know Body Slam from such big whales, so do that on Mienfoo, if not, Splash water on Mienfoo as Shadow Sneak ends... follow up with a Water Gun at Wingull."

    [x]
    Last edited by Pengyzu; 6th April 2012 at 3:12 PM.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    The Caverns

    Celebii: Perhaps you were too noisy on your entry or maybe you’d just come at a bad time, but regardless a flock of Zubat and Golbat were haphazardly swooping past your head leaving you a little ruffled. One decides to hang on though, leaving you with some trouble if you wanted to venture further into the dark tunnel. Despite holding a large evolutionary advantage, you decide to pit Aron against the bat – his typing trumping Golbat’s in every possible way. You volley a set of orders toward the metal creature who springs into action, albeit disorientated slightly by the screeching. Making use of its impressive speed, Golbat is first up as it swoops down and tries Biting down hard on Aron. You can only watch in triumph as the rodent flutters rearward in pain – no doubt chipping a fang on the Pokémon’s diamond-hard carapace. Aron grins as he paws against the ground with one foot, his body flickering up as he runs into a Flame Charge. Whilst doing so the pitch-black cave lights up, giving you enough time to spot several unburnt torches loosely fastened to the walls. You’d have to remember to pick one up after the battle. Leaping through the air in a gulf of flames, Aron makes his mark, smacking Golbat back for another nice hit. The bat is anxious to retaliate, instead sending a Supersonic echo down the cave. Aron tries tackling the source of the noise Head on, only managing to waywardly butt into some nearby Rocks in his stupor. What will you do?
    This battle was intense already, neither side was letting up. The Golbat had managed to land a Supersonic attack on Larry, leaving him confused. Cele called out to Larry, while searching his Berry Pouch. Pulling out a dark green Lum Berry from it, he tosses it where he thinks Larry is, telling him to eat the berry, a command he is sure Larry will follow, confused or not. "Larry!" he yells desperately. "Eat the Lum Berry, then boost your attack power with Swords Dance. Pin the Golbat to the ground with Aerial Ace, then try another Head Smash!" Cele ordered, hoping that Larry had heard all of that.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

        Spoiler:- PASBL Record:



  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default Whale Island - o4

    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Pengyzu: Just a fair warning that since you made up half of that youngster's dialogue you were self-updating :d

    “Okay Meinfoo, Fake Out on Ralts then follow up with a Double Slap! Wingull, use Growl then strike that Wailmer with a Quick Attack!” As quickly as the two orders are volleyed the battle gets underway. Kids make their way down the waterslides as a small crowd forms around the pool, the Wailmer calf not used to so much attention. With that, Ralts goes for the round’s opener by inhaling. Before he can exhale however he’s quickly cut off by the Meinfoo who dashes forward at lightning speed – Faking left as he knocks the air Out of the emotion Pokémon’s windpipes with a weak strike. Right on queue the Wingull steals Kara’s thunder with a Growl of its own, the ear-splitting squawk echoing down the arena. Keiko is moreso intimidated than his partner though, too shy to follow his orders right now. This leaves things up to Kara who dashes in with a Shadow Sneak, disappearing from view before striking the mustelid up close for a light hit. With the distance closed it’s an opportune chance for Meinfoo to counter as he Slaps Ralts in the face, then once more on the other cheek for Double the effect. Wingull on the other hand swoops forward at breakneck speed with poor Keiko on its sights. The Wailmer shuts its eyes tight as it nervously fires off a Water Gun, the pressurised blast smacking the gull and pushing it back to the other side of the pool before it can hit! Keiko opens its eyes, somewhat more confident in his abilities. The kid points ahead, “Don’t count us out yet! Both strike with a Quick Attack, then attack Meinfoo take Ralts with a Pound whilst Wingull uses Wing Attack on Wailmer!”

    Son of Shadows: Rather than waiting in the queue for a Mantyke or taking a turn on one of the Mantine, you go for the wildcard and let Aegis ride the mysterious Stunfisk. Based on typing alone this could end very badly. You approach the flatfish, currently nibbling on some fishy flakes, with Aegis in tow. It doesn’t take much else but a glance from the starry-eyed Squirtle for Stunfisk to realise it’s sea faring time. The ray’s eyes well up with excitement, kids were usually too scared to ride on his back. The second Aegis mounts the dab he quickly flounders into action. You watch ahead with a somewhat nervous smile as the Pokémon flaps its fins to push forward at snails pace – Aegis enjoying himself all the same. It felt good to help out the poor Stunfisk too, the fish sporting a wide-eyed grin as though he’d never been ridden before. The two break through to the surface in a spray of water, Aegis chirping much to your content. However things quickly take a turn for the worst as a teenager on a Mantine narrowly skims past the Stunfisk, cockily ordering it to spray water in its face with its fin. The teen lets lose a nasty taunt toward the derpy Pokémon – tears trickling down the dab’s face with Squirtle wondering why the ride stopped. Things go from bad to disaster in a split second though as Stunfisk lynches off a Thunderbolt the Mantine’s way, not only frying the manta but the trainer too! The Mantine is knocked out clean by the super effective attack, the trainer flying on as he crashes into the beach head-first. Stunfisk squawks angrily, bucking and sparking with Aegis holding on for his life. What will you do?

    Ampere Beach

    Dark Searchman: Whilst you were putting up a good fight, the Exeggutor’s evolutionary advantage was showing. Ralts was pinned on her back by two-hundred pounds of lumber which looked about ready to finish her off. Some of the smaller kids panic and run to their parents whilst the older ones cheer on much to your chagrin. Quickly hatching a plan of action, the next round gets underway. Exeggutor snorts as he puts more weight on the tiny foe, Ralts clenching through it as she fires off another Incenerate. The burns quickly rush from the underside of the Pokémon’s club foot up its trunk causing it to hop and scream in pain – Ralts quickly hopping to her feet. Ralts follows up hastily with another Confusion, throwing off a weak telekinetic force the palm tree’s way. Before it can land however Exeggutor matches with its own Confusion, the two rays meeting half way in a desperate mind struggle. The larger plant is able to win the playoff though as Ralts goes flailing back like a rag doll. The three coconuts chuckle as he bounds forward, hocking up another volley of Seed Bombs. The grass explosives detonate up the sand, several smacking into the emotion Pokémon. Stumbling to her feet, Ralts finishes the round with a flurry of flames – Incinerating the Exeggutor for another solid hit. Batting away the flames with its palms, the Exeggutor looks a little worse for wear with his waist charred black. It wouldn’t be too hard to take down, but you’d need to watch your guard with the size difference really taking its toll on the tiny Ralts.

    Trainer Andy: It takes an attack on your starter to really set you off - and although wild Corphish were known for their hardy and territorial behaviour and Turtwig was the one who provoked it - you look about ready to fish the lobster off to the nearest five star seafood restaurant. The crawdad wouldn’t go down easily though, Sheldon wincing as it pinched tight onto his snout with no sign of letting go. Your toes tingle in the sand as you brainstorm a plan of action - that was just it! The sand was pulsing with small currents of electricity, bearing that in mind you hatch a plan to turn the battle around. With orders shot Sheldon is quick into action, Withdrawing into his shell and taking Corphish’s claw with it. The crab tries retracting his pincer but it’s stuck in Sheldon’s carapace! The Crab’s free hand starts to glow as he Hammers the shell franticly, causing a nice bit of damage to the Turtwig who stays hunkered down. Sheldon tails off the combination by pumping energy into the Earth, causing a Powerful upshot of sand to strike the lobster sending it loose and stumbling rearward. Whilst looking slightly worse for wear, the crawdad stubbornly fires a stream of Bubbles into the shell. Turtwig quickly pops out, his eyes stinging from the foam with his vision impaired. What will you do?

    The Caverns

    Celebii: Whilst Larry’s hide was as sturdy as ever, the opponent was fast and persistent and sure as heck didn’t want to make this an easy fight. With the Aron’s brain scrambled the ball was in your court. Not relying on chance you hastily rustle through your berry bag, brushing past clusters of bruised berries until you find a shiny Lum Berry. You toss the fruit forward, Aron pawing at it whilst the bat loudly flaps ahead. Swallowing the berry he finds his confusion lifted, eyes focusing back on the vampire bat that needed taking care of. Growing impatient the Golbat swoops forward whilst Larry spins into a Swords Dance. The Golbat’s Wings flap open and flash white as it dives in for Attack, sending the much smaller Pokémon bowling over with only a half-baked attack boost. This doesn’t phase the little monster who starts charging forward, streams of white arrowing from his body as he leaps into an Aerial Ace. Grabbing ahold of the Golbat his weight is enough to pin the bat down – although not for long it looks as the rodent starts Screeching in defence. Rather than cower away, Larry decides to tackle this problem head on, butting the Golbat with his Rock Head. The super effective damage does a massive number on the bat, who weakly stumbles back unable to quite get airborne just yet. It looks like Golbat is approaching danger zone, but with a big level gap it’ll take more than that to take it down. That and Larry is starting to look sluggish...

    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: Eager to hear a groovy ballad about the lake you were currently waist deep in, you offer up some snacks to the odd hippie folk. “Is that a Roasted Ham?” chubby nomad utters, his head peaking curiously over the others – eyes welling up with excitement. The girl rolls her eyes. “Moku, we only eat Soy and Beans, remember?” Moku’s head droops back down in a mixture of disappointment and humiliation. The leader of the funky bunch grins, signalling the others as he starts to strum a melody on his banjo. The gentle oaf’s drumming comes into play, with the pretty girl’s flute rounding off the musical trifecta. It was very relaxing; you’d have to remember to pay them when you got a chance.

    ♫ She hid away, just out of touch.
    The men from up above, she didn’t like so much,
    With their gnarly nets, traps and hooks,
    And yellow submarines wherever she looks

    Floundering from the coast and into the sand,
    She found a lagoon, far in... Land?
    Free from nasty folk, apart from loving pairs
    She’ll steal away the men, into her watery laiiiiiir ♫


    The hippie starts strumming a wicked banjo solo as the other players stop. You find yourself obliged to clap whilst Orcharist and Sothe aren’t so polite. In spite of this, the trio bow sporting wide-eyed grins, “So that my friend, is the legend of Laguna Lake”

    “Uh, Chong, this is Kakatua Lagoon”, Moku remarks.

    “Oh right, yeah...” An awkward silence fills the air, part of you wondering what the heck the three of them were on, but the silence is quickly broken by a motion in the waters. Suddenly you spot a stream of thick bubbles rise up from the depths of the lagoon, bursting violently on the surface. This is enough to strike your Pokémon’s attention, whilst the travelling nomad’s eyes widen as they spin their heads in unison. “Oh man, it’s the mermaid from the song! We didn’t mean what we said!” The three duck into their kayak, cowering as the bubbles got louder. Maybe this was something you should check out...

    The Ghostly Galleon

    UNowenwasme?: Your encounter at twilight had been quickly cut short by a sudden lapse of stormy seas. The seafaring Pokémon had drifted away in your coma, and when you awoke there was no telling what’d happened whilst you were out of it. The dark ship cuts through the water like a sharp blade, decelerating on sight of a passerby. Without any warning you were under attack! Staring danger in the eye you keep your cool, quickly hatching a plan to overcome the pirates as they load their cannons full of gunpowder and Voltorb. With a loud blast the first battalion is off, a platoon of red-white cannonballs arching across the pale blue sky and all dipping down in your direction. Gene is quick into action, propping up a Light Screen to block any explosions. This doesn’t quite work to plan however, one of the Voltorb smashing into the pane of glass causing it to shatter away, fortunately ricocheting into the water with a mighty plop. The robot’s eyes widen as he naturally switches to evasive manoeuvres, hovering out of the way of as many bombs possible. This doesn’t keep up though, one of the Voltorb catching him on the side and Selfdestructing. You find yourself thrown off Gene just a few meters away, the smoke fading to reveal a ruffled but hardly damaged Metang mostly thanks to his diamond-hard skin. With the cannons unfilled, Gene takes the opportunity to fire off a Shadow Ball to draw attention away from you both. The attack splashes against the water, bursting in a ominous explosion, but this band of pirates weren’t born yesterday. “Fire another round of cannonballs!” Maybe it was time you fought back?
    Last edited by Emp; 7th April 2012 at 4:26 AM.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Crater Lake

    Itzatrap: With time running out you take charge and hatch a plan of action. You hastily dress down to your shorts ready to go in there and rescue the camel Pokémon yourself – leaving Chimchar in charge of the diversion and the redhead in charge of the rescuing.“I can do you one better than that, Torkoal go!” the adolescent chucks a Pokéball into the air, midway revealing a fiery tortoise Pokémon that plods onto the rocky water bank with a thick of smoke. The teen then fastens the rope around the tortoise’s neck, signalling you to go with a reassuring thumbs up. Nodding in return, you nervously hold your last breath and nosedive into the pool. With a splash you’re quickly submerged in the surprisingly warm water, bubbles running from your nose as you get a lock on the three Pokémon. Carvahna quickly clocks onto your presence too, you’d make a tastier meal than the sea turtle would, that’s for sure. As it shoots up new face catches its eye, a simian Pokémon pulling funny faces and Taunting the piranha to come and get him.*

    It becomes clear the fish’s ego is far bigger than its appetite as it quickly switches direction, leaving yourself, Shell and the Numel free from interruption. With time running short you quickly hand signal you want Shell to Smash the Rock. The snapping turtle nods as he tucks his arms in, lowing his head and swimming toward the boulder at breakneck pace. The rock breaks away in a thick of dust, the comatose Numel now drifting free. Squirtle anchors himself around the baby camel, allowing you to speed to the surface gasping for air. The redheaded girl quickly orders her Torkoal to pull - the fire-type puffing smoke as he marches away from the pond. Sighing with relief, you turn your head only to discover this dilemma was far from finished – Chimchar spinning around frantically with Carvahna latched onto his skull. The girl rushes to Numel as soon as it reaches the surface, “You help out your Chimchar, and I’ll take care of resuscitating Numel!”

    The Carvahna quickly realized who was the tastiest, and probably easiest as well, meal to devour. But not a moment too soon, the Carvahna became distracted and offended by Olli's Taunt. Without the carnivorous creature threatening to attack Shell, Numel or himself, Rob quickly signaled Shell to Rock Smash the rock trapping the Numel. With the rock obliterated, Shell grabbed onto the Numel as Rob resurfaced from what seemed like an eternity in the water.

    The young trainer took refreshing breaths of air as the redheaded girl ordered her fiery tortoise to pull. "Yes, we're doing it." Rob thought to himself only to turn and see the Carvahna attacking his fiery friend. Fear filled the young trainer as he saw his own friend in danger. “You help out your Chimchar, and I’ll take care of resuscitating Numel!” the girl said as she helped the Numel. "Shell," Rob started screaming, "you need to help Olli! Use Rock Smash on Carvahna right on it's head for it to let go of Olli! Follow it up with with hardest Tackle you can give it and then hit it with another Rock Smash!" Rob then quickly grabbed Olli's Pokeball To recall his companion at the first chance possible.
    Last edited by Itzatrap; 7th April 2012 at 9:52 PM.

  6. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post


    The Ghostly Galleon

    UNowenwasme?: Your encounter at twilight had been quickly cut short by a sudden lapse of stormy seas. The seafaring Pokémon had drifted away in your coma, and when you awoke there was no telling what’d happened whilst you were out of it. The dark ship cuts through the water like a sharp blade, decelerating on sight of a passerby. Without any warning you were under attack! Staring danger in the eye you keep your cool, quickly hatching a plan to overcome the pirates as they load their cannons full of gunpowder and Voltorb. With a loud blast the first battalion is off, a platoon of red-white cannonballs arching across the pale blue sky and all dipping down in your direction. Gene is quick into action, propping up a Light Screen to block any explosions. This doesn’t quite work to plan however, one of the Voltorb smashing into the pane of glass causing it to shatter away, fortunately ricocheting into the water with a mighty plop. The robot’s eyes widen as he naturally switches to evasive manoeuvres, hovering out of the way of as many bombs possible. This doesn’t keep up though, one of the Voltorb catching him on the side and Selfdestructing. You find yourself thrown off Gene just a few meters away, the smoke fading to reveal a ruffled but hardly damaged Metang mostly thanks to his diamond-hard skin. With the cannons unfilled, Gene takes the opportunity to fire off a Shadow Ball to draw attention away from you both. The attack splashes against the water, bursting in a ominous explosion, but this band of pirates weren’t born yesterday. “Fire another round of cannonballs!” Maybe it was time you fought back?
    Jayce was feeling confident as Gene set up his Light Screen. That confidence began to fade away as a Voltorb smashed it. Gene began swerving around trying to evade the bomb onslaught. It wasn't easy to hold on. One of the Voltorbs exploded at Gene's side. Gene took most of the blow but the explosion still sent Jayce flying off of Gene. Apparently explosions were painful. Who knew? Jayce floated at the top of the water and saw the smoke clear and sighed with relief that Gene wasn't really injured. Gene fired a Shadow Ball for a moment's reprieve. Jayce swam over to Gene and climbed up again. *There has to be something else we can do... Oh why didn't I think of this before? Now I feel stupid...* The Pirates were going to fire another round of cannonballs when Jayce told Gene, "Alright Fire as many Shadow Balls as you can at their cannons! If we get rid of those they won't be able to harm us unless they send Pokemon off of their ship." Gene acknowledged the order but first used Calm Mind to power up his Shadow Balls and any other Special attacks he may need to use.

    Stats.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: Rather than waiting in the queue for a Mantyke or taking a turn on one of the Mantine, you go for the wildcard and let Aegis ride the mysterious Stunfisk. Based on typing alone this could end very badly. You approach the flatfish, currently nibbling on some fishy flakes, with Aegis in tow. It doesn’t take much else but a glance from the starry-eyed Squirtle for Stunfisk to realise it’s sea faring time. The ray’s eyes well up with excitement, kids were usually too scared to ride on his back. The second Aegis mounts the dab he quickly flounders into action. You watch ahead with a somewhat nervous smile as the Pokémon flaps its fins to push forward at snails pace – Aegis enjoying himself all the same. It felt good to help out the poor Stunfisk too, the fish sporting a wide-eyed grin as though he’d never been ridden before. The two break through to the surface in a spray of water, Aegis chirping much to your content. However things quickly take a turn for the worst as a teenager on a Mantine narrowly skims past the Stunfisk, cockily ordering it to spray water in its face with its fin. The teen lets lose a nasty taunt toward the derpy Pokémon – tears trickling down the dab’s face with Squirtle wondering why the ride stopped. Things go from bad to disaster in a split second though as Stunfisk lynches off a Thunderbolt the Mantine’s way, not only frying the manta but the trainer too! The Mantine is knocked out clean by the super effective attack, the trainer flying on as he crashes into the beach head-first. Stunfisk squawks angrily, bucking and sparking with Aegis holding on for his life. What will you do?


    Joshua could only watch, as the trainwreck in front of him unfolded. As some cocky teenager on a Mantine rode past, Aegis and Stunfisk were hit with the spray from the passing manta ray. Now. This should not have been such an offence. In Joshua's opinion, what happened next was a slight overreaction.

    BZZAP!

    Joshua's eyes widened, as Stunfisk unleashed a Thunderbolt on the boy and his Mantine (though Joshua's immediate concern was for Aegis, Stunfisk seemed to have used the attack without damaging him), knocking out the manta, which came to a complete stop. And the laws of physics kicked in, catapulting the fried teenager head-first onto the beach. Stunfisk itself began thrashing about, and it seemed Aegis would soon lose his grip on the dab. This... was probably only going to get worse. How could he calm Stunfisk and fix things here without getting himself ejected from the park? Perhaps Aegis could use Bubble? No, that would only make Stunfisk turn on him even more, and he was liable to shock him at any time... Capture the Stunfisk? Its stamina was probably too high, and if it was owned by the park, that would end up causing problems... Seemed like all he could do was...

    "HEY! Whoever's in charge here! My Pokémon's in trouble!" Granted, they were probably going to attend to the unconscious teen first... In that eventuality, Joshua prepared two Pokéballs - the first was Aegis' Premier Ball, the second was an empty Pokéball, just in case. He was a reasonable swimmer, so he could probably go out there and help Aegis...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Ampere Beach

    Trainer Andy: It takes an attack on your starter to really set you off - and although wild Corphish were known for their hardy and territorial behaviour and Turtwig was the one who provoked it - you look about ready to fish the lobster off to the nearest five star seafood restaurant. The crawdad wouldn’t go down easily though, Sheldon wincing as it pinched tight onto his snout with no sign of letting go. Your toes tingle in the sand as you brainstorm a plan of action - that was just it! The sand was pulsing with small currents of electricity, bearing that in mind you hatch a plan to turn the battle around. With orders shot Sheldon is quick into action, Withdrawing into his shell and taking Corphish’s claw with it. The crab tries retracting his pincer but it’s stuck in Sheldon’s carapace! The Crab’s free hand starts to glow as he Hammers the shell franticly, causing a nice bit of damage to the Turtwig who stays hunkered down. Sheldon tails off the combination by pumping energy into the Earth, causing a Powerful upshot of sand to strike the lobster sending it loose and stumbling rearward. Whilst looking slightly worse for wear, the crawdad stubbornly fires a stream of Bubbles into the shell. Turtwig quickly pops out, his eyes stinging from the foam with his vision impaired. What will you do?


    Andy watched as the Corphish fired off another volley of Bubbles at his Turtwig, making it give a little yelp and pop out of its shell. Sheldon stumbled around slightly, trying to rub at its eyes with its stubby forelegs, that last attack obviously affecting his vision.

    The Corphish certainly looked like it took some damage from that last attack, but Sheldon really wasn't looking in too good a shape either. He cursed quietly, admitting to himself that he had been a little lax on Sheldon's training up to this point. He vowed that if they made it through this battle in one piece, he'd take it more seriously from now on.

    Andy gritted his teeth, trying to think of his next move. So far the Corphish had managed to hold it's own against its opponent, even with a type disadvantage, and at the moment even seemed to have to upper hand.

    "Ok Sheldon, we can't keep taking damage so start by using Wide Guard." Said Andy after some consideration. He hoped that using a defensive move first would give Sheldon's vision more time to clear. Although slightly steadier now, his Pokemon was still give the occasional uneasy stumble and Andy hoped he would be able to pull this off, "Then throw out a Razor Leaf or two. Whilst it's busy trying to dodge those, try get in close and use Body Slam!"

    All Andy could do now was watch, have faith in his Pokemon, and hope this worked.
    Last edited by Trainer Andy; 8th April 2012 at 11:34 PM.

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    The Caverns

    Celebii: Whilst Larry’s hide was as sturdy as ever, the opponent was fast and persistent and sure as heck didn’t want to make this an easy fight. With the Aron’s brain scrambled the ball was in your court. Not relying on chance you hastily rustle through your berry bag, brushing past clusters of bruised berries until you find a shiny Lum Berry. You toss the fruit forward, Aron pawing at it whilst the bat loudly flaps ahead. Swallowing the berry he finds his confusion lifted, eyes focusing back on the vampire bat that needed taking care of. Growing impatient the Golbat swoops forward whilst Larry spins into a Swords Dance. The Golbat’s Wings flap open and flash white as it dives in for Attack, sending the much smaller Pokémon bowling over with only a half-baked attack boost. This doesn’t phase the little monster who starts charging forward, streams of white arrowing from his body as he leaps into an Aerial Ace. Grabbing ahold of the Golbat his weight is enough to pin the bat down – although not for long it looks as the rodent starts Screeching in defence. Rather than cower away, Larry decides to tackle this problem head on, butting the Golbat with his Rock Head. The super effective damage does a massive number on the bat, who weakly stumbles back unable to quite get airborne just yet. It looks like Golbat is approaching danger zone, but with a big level gap it’ll take more than that to take it down. That and Larry is starting to look sluggish...
    Larry was doing very well for his first battle, though Cele wished it didn't have to be against such a high levelled opponent. The Golbat had been stripped of its ability to fly temporarily, though Larry was looking worse for wear, his slow speed getting even slower. "I've got to think of a way to get a better advantage for some more time." Cele thought. "Larry is determined, and battling well, but this is sure a powerful Golbat we're facing. I only have one option..." Cele thought. "Larry, we've got the upper hand now! The Golbat can't fly anymore! When it begins its next move, Dig underground to dodge it. Come back underneath it with a Head Smash, then Flame Charge to boost your speed!" Cele ordered once again, hoping that the Golbat would soon be defeated.
    Last edited by FlashFusion; 7th April 2012 at 5:50 PM.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

        Spoiler:- PASBL Record:



  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post

    Ampere Beach

    Dark Searchman: Whilst you were putting up a good fight, the Exeggutor’s evolutionary advantage was showing. Ralts was pinned on her back by two-hundred pounds of lumber which looked about ready to finish her off. Some of the smaller kids panic and run to their parents whilst the older ones cheer on much to your chagrin. Quickly hatching a plan of action, the next round gets underway. Exeggutor snorts as he puts more weight on the tiny foe, Ralts clenching through it as she fires off another Incenerate. The burns quickly rush from the underside of the Pokémon’s club foot up its trunk causing it to hop and scream in pain – Ralts quickly hopping to her feet. Ralts follows up hastily with another Confusion, throwing off a weak telekinetic force the palm tree’s way. Before it can land however Exeggutor matches with its own Confusion, the two rays meeting half way in a desperate mind struggle. The larger plant is able to win the playoff though as Ralts goes flailing back like a rag doll. The three coconuts chuckle as he bounds forward, hocking up another volley of Seed Bombs. The grass explosives detonate up the sand, several smacking into the emotion Pokémon. Stumbling to her feet, Ralts finishes the round with a flurry of flames – Incinerating the Exeggutor for another solid hit. Batting away the flames with its palms, the Exeggutor looks a little worse for wear with his waist charred black. It wouldn’t be too hard to take down, but you’d need to watch your guard with the size difference really taking its toll on the tiny Ralts.
    This battle would be turning out great for Hyrem's Ralts... if only her opponent weren't six or seven times bigger than she was... and if she were dealing with a Pokemon in its basic form... and if the Pokemon wasn't better at using Psychic-type attacks than she was... Anyway, you get the idea.

    Exeggutor was relentless, putting more and more weight to its foot as Ralts sank into the sand. Fortunately, she was able to Incinerate the Coconut Pokemon's foot causing it to jump in pain. Now was her chance! She stood back up and used Confusion, hoping to catch Exeggutor with it while it was hopping in pain. Exeggutor saw it coming this time and used its own Confusion attack. The mind-bending attacks collided, but it was Exeggutor who was able to push it back and knock Ralts off her feet.

    "Darnit," Hyrem said to himself, "guess that means Confusion's totally useless too!" He was interrupted as Exeggutor used even more Seed Bombs on Ralts, and as they exploded, Hyrem called out, "Oh no, Ralts! Please be okay!" now starting to worry for his partner. When the smoke cleared, he could see Ralts get back up and even jump and Incinerate Exeggutor's waist.

    Hyrem was glad Ralts could still keep going, but he knew they were running out of options and fast. Sure Exeggutor was starting to look like it was actually taking damage, but he didn't need the grey color put into his mind to see that Ralts was exhausted. He knew he had to step in and help out his Pokemon; despite whatever displeasure the spectators may express, it was his responsibility as a Trainer and as a friend to ensure Ralts' well-being and to make sure they won this battle.

    So Hyrem ran over to Ralts' side and asked, "Are you alright?" She nodded between breaths. "Here, I'll heal you." As he applied the Potion, hoping Exeggutor didn't attack them in the process, he said, "Ralts, we've got no choice but to use your new powers, and it's going to take a lot of your energy, but we should be able to win this. A well placed Signal Beam on Exeggutor should be enough to knock it out, but first use Icy Wind to slow it down, then use Signal Beam; this way Exeggutor is less likely to do something to stop it. Let's do this!" He ran back out of the way and prayed the battle wouldn't take any longer than two rounds to finish.


    Potion Used: 1/5
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 9th April 2012 at 8:24 AM.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: Eager to hear a groovy ballad about the lake you were currently waist deep in, you offer up some snacks to the odd hippie folk. “Is that a Roasted Ham?” chubby nomad utters, his head peaking curiously over the others – eyes welling up with excitement. The girl rolls her eyes. “Moku, we only eat Soy and Beans, remember?” Moku’s head droops back down in a mixture of disappointment and humiliation. The leader of the funky bunch grins, signalling the others as he starts to strum a melody on his banjo. The gentle oaf’s drumming comes into play, with the pretty girl’s flute rounding off the musical trifecta. It was very relaxing; you’d have to remember to pay them when you got a chance.

    ♫ She hid away, just out of touch.
    The men from up above, she didn’t like so much,
    With their gnarly nets, traps and hooks,
    And yellow submarines wherever she looks

    Floundering from the coast and into the sand,
    She found a lagoon, far in... Land?
    Free from nasty folk, apart from loving pairs
    She’ll steal away the men, into her watery laiiiiiir ♫


    The hippie starts strumming a wicked banjo solo as the other players stop. You find yourself obliged to clap whilst Orcharist and Sothe aren’t so polite. In spite of this, the trio bow sporting wide-eyed grins, “So that my friend, is the legend of Laguna Lake”

    “Uh, Chong, this is Kakatua Lagoon”, Moku remarks.

    “Oh right, yeah...” An awkward silence fills the air, part of you wondering what the heck the three of them were on, but the silence is quickly broken by a motion in the waters. Suddenly you spot a stream of thick bubbles rise up from the depths of the lagoon, bursting violently on the surface. This is enough to strike your Pokémon’s attention, whilst the travelling nomad’s eyes widen as they spin their heads in unison. “Oh man, it’s the mermaid from the song! We didn’t mean what we said!” The three duck into their kayak, cowering as the bubbles got louder. Maybe this was something you should check out...
    'What a great tune,' Balmund thought as the trio started playing. It was a shame they weren't into roasted, honey-glazed ham, but Balmund would try to remember to pay them pack properly afterwards. Meanwhile he listened to the tale of the shy and elusive mermaid, who found a safe haven from greedy hunters on Kakatua Lagoon and was said to steal men into her watery lair. As many stories, they all had a part of supersticion and a part of truth to them, and Balmund wondered just what bits were which. That didn't matter much to him though, as his mind was blown into daydreaming land as the leader of the group, Chong, started his wicked banjo solo. A standing ovation was the least he could do in the end as the trio bowed with wide-eyed grins, though Balmund's Pokémon didn't seem to share the same feeling; Sothe looking rather indifferent whereas Chris just wasn't into praising a good performance, she always expected the best for her by default.

    Things suddenly had a turn for the unexpected though as a thick stream of bubbles rises and bursts violently from the depths of the lagoon and into the surface. Fear seems to strike the nomads as they comically apologize while shaking their heads in unison, cowering into their kayaks as the bubbles got louder. Balmund wasn't sure if it could be the legendary mermaid, but whatever it was, if it meant harm he would have to do something about it, and the first thing would be to try and calm down both the threat as well the panicked hippies.

    "Sothe, let out your Sweet Scent as you sing a Grasswhistle," he quickly turned to his Sceptile.

    "Chris, Coil up and be prepared to use your Poison Fang on my mark," he then instructed. He didn't want to harm a creature until he was sure it meant a threat to him and his Pokémon, but it was best to be ready for such an occasion as he stood by and cautiously observed.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pokemon World
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Pengyzu:

    “Okay Meinfoo, Fake Out on Ralts then follow up with a Double Slap! Wingull, use Growl then strike that Wailmer with a Quick Attack!” As quickly as the two orders are volleyed the battle gets underway. Kids make their way down the waterslides as a small crowd forms around the pool, the Wailmer calf not used to so much attention. With that, Ralts goes for the round’s opener by inhaling. Before he can exhale however he’s quickly cut off by the Meinfoo who dashes forward at lightning speed – Faking left as he knocks the air Out of the emotion Pokémon’s windpipes with a weak strike. Right on queue the Wingull steals Kara’s thunder with a Growl of its own, the ear-splitting squawk echoing down the arena. Keiko is moreso intimidated than his partner though, too shy to follow his orders right now. This leaves things up to Kara who dashes in with a Shadow Sneak, disappearing from view before striking the mustelid up close for a light hit. With the distance closed it’s an opportune chance for Meinfoo to counter as he Slaps Ralts in the face, then once more on the other cheek for Double the effect. Wingull on the other hand swoops forward at breakneck speed with poor Keiko on its sights. The Wailmer shuts its eyes tight as it nervously fires off a Water Gun, the pressurised blast smacking the gull and pushing it back to the other side of the pool before it can hit! Keiko opens its eyes, somewhat more confident in his abilities. The kid points ahead, “Don’t count us out yet! Both strike with a Quick Attack, then attack Meinfoo take Ralts with a Pound whilst Wingull uses Wing Attack on Wailmer!”
    “Okay Meinfoo, Fake Out on Ralts then follow up with a Double Slap! Wingull, use Growl then strike that Wailmer with a Quick Attack!”

    The kiddos crowd around the battle, making Keiko even more nervous. Rey looks around, observing the little kids. He notices how unnerved Keiko is as he comes closer to the whale.

    "Keiko! Don't be scared! I'm here for you!" he said with a hug. He winks at the baby and makes his way to outside of the battling area as the battle starts.

    Kara starts up his attack only to be interrupted by the cursed Mienfoo. This stops the Ralt's attempt of attacking. This prompts the angered Ralts to start growling, this time being interrupted by the enemy's Wingull using the same move. The sound assault scares Keiko even more, preventing him from using his move.

    "Damn it. Why do they have to scare poor Keiko." Rey thinks to himself. He wipes off the sweat forming on his forehead as the battle isn't going the way it should for them.

    "Sorry for that, Kara and Keiko! We can still do this!" he shouts, hoping to release some tension from his Pokemon.

    Kara nods as he suddenly disappears from view, appearing behind the Mienfoo for a light hit. Mienfoo counters by slapping the boy's partner. Meanwhile, Wingull rushes at the Wailmer, but he successfully pushes him back before the hit with a Water Gun.

    "Nice shot Keiko! You're doing quite well! Now it's time to take revenge! Kara! Strike that Wingull with a Thunderpunch as it comes in for Quick Attack. Blast Mienfoo away as it closes in for the Pound with a Psychic. Your telekinetic powers should be strong enough with that spoon of yours. As for you Keiko, Water Gun Mienfoo as its using Quick Attack. Water Gun again at Wingull before it gets to use Wing Attack on you."

    [x]
    Last edited by Pengyzu; 9th April 2012 at 12:47 PM.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default

    Sorry for trolling anyone expecting updates :P


    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

    A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.

    East Coast
    By far the most popular tourist destination spot, the East Coast of Whale Island seems to be constantly abuzz with activity both day and night. Unfortunately the downside to this is the crime rate has risen so be sure to keep an eye out for the con artists and thieves who are looking to swindle unsuspecting travellers out of their holiday spending money. Despite this downside the east coast is a great place to holiday, especially if you're looking to make the most of daytime and night time entertainment.

    Areas:
    Ampere Beach: The largest stretch of coastal sand in all of Fizzy Bubbles, Ampere Beach is famed for its sand which contains a mild electrical current that soothes the body. This charge is the result of the high salinity content, combined with the naturally high electricity from the central regions, providing an earthing ground for the static. As a result, the beach is often used in therapeutics, evident by the resort known as Pieli Harbour.
    Wes ran his fingers through his shaggy hair as he strolled down the creaky sand-strewn boardwalk, briskly passing by the beach huts and ice cream stalls with a smug grin on his face. They’d made it to the largest stretch of coastal beach in whole of Fizzy Bubbles – Ampere Beach! The sun started to break out past the odd streaks of fluffy cloud, the seasoned trainer squinting as the blazing hot rays washed over his pale skin. He flicked on a pair of aviators to adjust, his cohort mimicking with a pair of Blackglasses. Wes wanted to share the vacation with a juvenile comrade and eagerly flip-flopping in tow was The Situation – tugging his leathery pants up every couple of strides as they repeatedly slipped down to his ankles.

    The boy was hoping to set up camp soon, his right arm somewhat strained from lugging such heavy bucket. The swish swashing springing from the plastic pail would invite some odd looks, but Wes didn’t bother. Guppy was awfully weak and needed some experience too. Wes looked down at the Magikarp as Sitch pulled his pants up to his torso musing on whether to steal an expensive belt off some naive tourist. The fish helplessly flopped his tailfin, splashing salty water up the kid’s arm every few seconds – his golden scales shimmering in the intense sunlight. Just as Wes tilted his head he spotted a nice patch of sand just a few yards further down the beach.

    “C’mon Sitch, this looks as good a place as any to get our tan on!” Wes grinned. The Scraggy beamed, hopping off the boardwalk with his leathery soles protecting him from the baking sand. The teen wasn’t so lucky, frantically skirting down the beach like a bed of hot coals. The sand sent a tingle up the boy’s spine as it jammed between his toes, the amped coast coveted for its soothing electrical properties. Rolling out a towel Wes stripped down to his swimwear, crashing down next to Situation who’d already unfolded a metal sun deflector. Guppy’s bucket spattered with salt water as it settled on a hill of sand, the carp floundering feebly. Wes wrapped his hands around his head, the sound of the waves breaking against the coast coaxing him into midday siesta.

    FB

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Default Whale Island Adventures: Batch 3

    Apologies to uhhhh, jolteonjak and emp. This has been a *really* busy week so I've only done this far. Will give you three priority for next week, so look forward to that.

    ::Pieli Harbour::

    Flame Mistress:

    Something must've gone horribly wrong with Phillip as his words suddenly set off all alarms in your head. You weren't sure about his intentions anymore, and when he mentioned showing you some of the city's sceret locations your thoughts turned to the absolute worst scenario. A part of you wanted to believe him as the innocent and friendly person he portrayed himself as; to accept his offer and explore what was beyond all the fluff and tourist bait. You stuck to your instincts however as your mother's words echoed within your head, warning you about trusting strangers even if they were kids as well. You come up with an excuse as you decline his offer, picking up Flare and walking away with haste to safety while leaving a sad and confused boy behind. A part of you felt regret but you decided it wasn't worth the risk of putting your own and your Pokémon's safety in jeopardy.

    Having ran a considerable distance away from Phillip you start to slow down and wonder what to do next as you try to forget the incident. Something started to feel terribly wrong however, and while you hadn't noticed in the heat of the moment you now realize you're carrying far less weight than you should! You already suspect what might've happened, but as you check the contents of your bag your fears are confirmed as you see it almost completely empty; only the Snorunt plushie was left behind. What really made your heart sink though was the realization that you no longer were carrying a single one of your Pokéballs with you. Topaz, Seraphina... all of them gone except for Flare. You had worried so much about the Vulpix's safety and indeed she was safe by your side, but at what cost? When did this even happen? What kind of thief was so stealthy and nimble to strip you of almost all your possesions without you or Flare even noticing? It couldn't possibly be Phillip, you were watching him the whole time, but he probably had planned this all along. Regardless of the hows, whys or whoms, the fact of the matter was that you were thoroughly robbed, and to add insult to injury you yourself were even nice enough to give the thief a vast headstart ahead of you by running away. If you don't do something now you may never see your precious Pokémon again!

    What will you do?


    From here onwards I'm afraid you can only use Flare until you get your stuff back; recalling her into her Pokéball won't be happening either until then. Good luck~

    ::Raikou's Effigy::

    Nightfall: Pondering on a way to gain an edge on this battle, you choose to command some very unusual orders. Even Black seemed reluctant to comply, but nods regardless and proceeds to follow instructions, running around her opponent while looking for the perfect opportunity to strike. Shinx wasn't going to make it easy however, as it turned round and around, carefully following the Purrloin's movements. Finally seeing a small opening, Black comforms and leaps to the Shinx's side, wrestling against the Electric-type so as to keep an advantageous position on top of it; a very hard task as it thrashed about more like an enraged Tauros than a tame Ponyta.

    She manages to hold on, fearing not the possibility of paralysis, accidental or otherwise, thanks to her Limber ability; not that Shinxes are particularly known for their overly static fur. Her ability wouldn't protect her from an electric shock however as she would soon find out, the Shinx cackling with electricity as it shrouded itself in lightning with his Spark, shocking Black and forcing her to jump out in pain and astonishment from the attack. Lacking the physical portion of the attack that didn't do as much damage as it would've, but it still smarted her a lot. It didn't seem to you that that Shinx was experienced enough to know that attack, but it did, and whether it knew it through experience or some other shenanigans the fact was that Black payed the price for it.

    Shinx begins to take on the offensive now as it begins to Charge electricity until suddenly, sensing something in the air, it abruptly stops and starts to quickly run away to the forest, much to your surprise.

    "Aw dangit, not again!" you hear the voice of a man, scrawny in appearance as you turned to look at him. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I thought it would be different this time!" he started apologizing to you.

    It seems you have him to blame for ruining your catch, but what the hell did he want with that Shinx anyways?

    What will you do?

    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: Despite being comfortable with haunted environments you take a deep breath as you encounter the familiar yet aggresive prescence of spirits. You had a strong affinity for ghosts, and while that eased communication, you knew that wouldn't be to calm down an enraged apparition. Just what horrible and violent fate had they gone through to become so restless and angry? Whatever it was you were prepared for the worst as you saw the chances of getting caught in battle getting higher and higher.

    You turn to August, stoic as she was bafore, and you both nod to each in acknowledgement of the strong presence and to reassure that you were each watching for the other's back. It was important to remain silent while wandering around a such a haunted place. Many had taunted the dead before, calling them out obnoxiously with their words and you were well aware of how adverse an effect that usually had. You also knew however that no matter how many precautions you took your mere trespassing was already enough to provoke their wrath. The most sensible thing to do would be to turn around and leave, but that wouldn't really do anything to ease their pain; you had to address their source of torment yourself.

    You decide to start your investigation at the basement as you point towards its direction. In your mind it was the best possible starting point to unravel the mystery of the lighthouse. You walk towards the basement's door with incredible caution, looking around for any signs of imminent danger. The pressure was starting to get a bit overwhelming and you almost felt like you were making way through a heavily saturated subway train. You could hear the subtle and unintelligible murmurs of those around you, and while you couldn't really make out what they said anymore than one listening to a rambunctious crowd, you were pretty sure they were talking about you. You start feeling them channel a wide array of emotions through your body, ranging from fear, confusion and sorrow, to pure anger and malice. Where you could feel some spirits almost stretch out and plea for help like a beggar off the streets, you could also feel some others look all over you both with killer instinct, like a hungry pack of wolves with their prey. This was no normal haunting, that's for sure.

    You reach out for basement door's handle; your hand making contact with a thick layer of dust in the process. If this place was manned, whoever was in charge of cleaning duties should probably be fired, though nobody could really blame the poor, hypothetical employee; there just isn't a salary juicy enough to compensate for working conditions like these. You turn the handle and much to your surprise it didn't offer nearly as much resistance as the previous one. Before you laid a long stairway that led down into an impenetrable darkness, challenging even trained eyes like yours. As you walk down the steps you suddenly feel the pressure ease up, as if they were staying behind, leaving both you and August alone for reasons unknown. While you could still feel their presence behind you, the door seemed to be a frontier they weren't willing to cross, or maybe they just couldn't. You can now hear the faint but rapid beat of electric engines running, and while that seems to answer one question, it only generates many more in the process. Maybe someone is keeping some sort of maintenance here, but who, why and how? Further research would be necessary, and, while it wasn't an absolute necessity for you, especially considering August's hieghtened senses to guide your way, a light source would be imperative if you wanted to explore the basement in detail. Maybe it wouldn't disturb the ghosts now that they seemed to leave you up to your own fate, but there's probably something else down there that you wouldn't want to wake up either.

    What will you do?

    ::Wet'n'Wild Recreation Park::

    Mon1010: "Well you might as well stay with us, in that case," Alice said upon hearing that you were a lone traveller. "People from Unova should stay close to one another, don't you think? Straiton is awesome by the way. We're all from Castelia, but I've been to Straiton a few times. Their Pokémon Gym just happens to be the best restaurant in the area too; how original! Munnas are just the cutest, and I think it's great that you have one; they say real men wear pink, you know?" she finished giggling with a wink.

    It seemed like whatever fears you had about being teased for your choice of a Pokémon partner would no longer be a concern now, and you two would probably have many more stories to share until you suddenly hear a whistle, signaling the start of the casual pool game.

    "Oh, it's starting already! Come on now!" Alice exclaimed cheerfully, and you too get in position in the rear line next to her. Starting from the opposing side the ball is vigorously tossed over the net, and woe to you it came into your general direction. You mange however to bounce it off to a teammate who finally gets it over back to the other side, scoring a point in the process. It always feels especially good to help score one for the team, especially when sports isn't really one's thing. Nobody seemed to be taking themselves too seriously, as it was all silly and relaxing laughter in the pool. The ball bounced back and forth, and you find yourself passing a few, scoring some and them fumbling others. It was all in good fun and nobody really seemed to be keeping track the score save for the designated refree; not that anybody really cared, it was just a thing to take off stress with some light pool exercise. After a few sets the game was over and though everyone looked happy, your team celebrated the most having found themselves the winners.

    You find yourself giving a victorious high five to your newly met friend as the rest of the players scattered about on to their own business. Two of such players then approached your group. You remember them being from your team and having called Alice by her name, which meant they probably knew each other already, though you still hadn't had the chance for a proper introduction.

    "Oh hey guys!" she turned to them. "Meet Scott and Shaana. Guess what, they're from Straiton."

    "Hi!" immidiately replied the tall and skinny man with curly, ginger hair. "Pete," he then said as he streched out his hand to you.

    "Lucy," said the petite girl with asian features who waived shyly. "Oooooh, you have a Munna? So cute."

    "We're supposed to meet up with Tony a the Park's restaurant before hitting some of the more extreme games," Alice said as she turned to you. "Probably not a good idea to eat before trying them out, but hey, we're hungry! Haha! Wanna come over?"

    How nice, isn't it? Though having some burgers and fries right now is probably not for the best, it seems you've found a nice group of people to hang out with. It takes more than one to have a party after all.

    What will you do?

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: Despite being comfortable with haunted environments you take a deep breath as you encounter the familiar yet aggresive prescence of spirits. You had a strong affinity for ghosts, and while that eased communication, you knew that wouldn't be to calm down an enraged apparition. Just what horrible and violent fate had they gone through to become so restless and angry? Whatever it was you were prepared for the worst as you saw the chances of getting caught in battle getting higher and higher.

    You turn to August, stoic as she was bafore, and you both nod to each in acknowledgement of the strong presence and to reassure that you were each watching for the other's back. It was important to remain silent while wandering around a such a haunted place. Many had taunted the dead before, calling them out obnoxiously with their words and you were well aware of how adverse an effect that usually had. You also knew however that no matter how many precautions you took your mere trespassing was already enough to provoke their wrath. The most sensible thing to do would be to turn around and leave, but that wouldn't really do anything to ease their pain; you had to address their source of torment yourself.

    You decide to start your investigation at the basement as you point towards its direction. In your mind it was the best possible starting point to unravel the mystery of the lighthouse. You walk towards the basement's door with incredible caution, looking around for any signs of imminent danger. The pressure was starting to get a bit overwhelming and you almost felt like you were making way through a heavily saturated subway train. You could hear the subtle and unintelligible murmurs of those around you, and while you couldn't really make out what they said anymore than one listening to a rambunctious crowd, you were pretty sure they were talking about you. You start feeling them channel a wide array of emotions through your body, ranging from fear, confusion and sorrow, to pure anger and malice. Where you could feel some spirits almost stretch out and plea for help like a beggar off the streets, you could also feel some others look all over you both with killer instinct, like a hungry pack of wolves with their prey. This was no normal haunting, that's for sure.

    You reach out for basement door's handle; your hand making contact with a thick layer of dust in the process. If this place was manned, whoever was in charge of cleaning duties should probably be fired, though nobody could really blame the poor, hypothetical employee; there just isn't a salary juicy enough to compensate for working conditions like these. You turn the handle and much to your surprise it didn't offer nearly as much resistance as the previous one. Before you laid a long stairway that led down into an impenetrable darkness, challenging even trained eyes like yours. As you walk down the steps you suddenly feel the pressure ease up, as if they were staying behind, leaving both you and August alone for reasons unknown. While you could still feel their presence behind you, the door seemed to be a frontier they weren't willing to cross, or maybe they just couldn't. You can now hear the faint but rapid beat of electric engines running, and while that seems to answer one question, it only generates many more in the process. Maybe someone is keeping some sort of maintenance here, but who, why and how? Further research would be necessary, and, while it wasn't an absolute necessity for you, especially considering August's hieghtened senses to guide your way, a light source would be imperative if you wanted to explore the basement in detail. Maybe it wouldn't disturb the ghosts now that they seemed to leave you up to your own fate, but there's probably something else down there that you wouldn't want to wake up either.

    What will you do?
    Marion descends the stairs with August, who holds her hand to ensure that she is able to go through the dark without tripping or banging into a wall. On top of the disorientation that comes with total darkness, Marion is still shaken by the transference of such strong emotion by the ghosts of the lighthouse. Despite being well-versed in ghost-type channeling, their strong sadness and anger was overwhelming to experience. Compounded with the utter darkness in which she finds herself, Marion is not completely sure in her footing, though August is careful to move slowly and keep her trainer safe. Low-light environments were fine for Marion, but even she was not accustomed to this level of darkness.

    Marion considers what she has experienced so far. Based on the hum of electrical machines that she hears as she descends, the lighthouse seems, at least in part, powered by normal means. Even so, that does not explain the immense supernatural presence that weighed down on Marion the moment she entered. Why aren’t those ghosts following her and August into the basement? Marion can still feel traces of ethereal ire running through her veins from her encounter with the spirits, and she involuntarily shudders. As she descends the stairs, Marion hums a little melody to calm herself down; the melody then takes on some lyrics, from a poem by Philip Higson:

    ”Our beacons still shine on but they are dead
    Like stars now posthumous or Nietzsche’s God;
    Life struggles on unseen, a lonely plod,
    In the cold phosphor-glare that corpses shed.”


    August listens silently to Marion’s song, but stops her gently once they reach the bottom of the stairs, to prevent Marion from overstepping and falling forward. The motion, meant to stop Marion from falling, also stops her singing. She is pensive for a few moments, considering what to do next.

    Marion realizes that a light source would be helpful in navigating the area; however, Marion has a different strategy in mind for figuring out the nature of her surroundings. Groping the darkness for her belt, she reaches for the Friend Ball which contains… well, a friend. Activating the Pokeball, she silently calls out her Crobat, Sangre. A small flash of light accompanies this action, though it should only illuminate the area briefly, and not entirely well. The light quickly forms the shape of the bat-like Pokemon, which emerges from the Pokeball in flight. Once the light of Sangre’s emergence from the Pokeball diminishes, the creature vanishes into the pitch black of the basement. Marion motions to Sangre to come closer to her; despite the darkness being so complete that it obscures even the hand with which Marion uses to summon her Pokemon to her, Sangre is able to see the command perfectly and fly over to his trainer. Despite not being able to see him or hear his silent flight, she can feel a slight flutter in the air from Sangre’s wings as they beat very close to her face. She whispers to her Pokemon: “Sangre, hun, I need you to let me know what’s going on down in this basement. I can’t see a thing. If you find anything interesting, lead August and I to it so that August might illuminate it by using fire punch into the air. Be sure to let me know immediately if you sense danger!” Though the action is unseen by Marion, Sangre nods and uses its well-developed sonar abilities to scan the area.

    ((My stats are now linked in my sig~))
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 15th April 2012 at 7:33 PM. Reason: August can participate now~

    [FB || PASBL]

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    435

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post

    ::Raikou's Effigy::

    Nightfall: Pondering on a way to gain an edge on this battle, you choose to command some very unusual orders. Even Black seemed reluctant to comply, but nods regardless and proceeds to follow instructions, running around her opponent while looking for the perfect opportunity to strike. Shinx wasn't going to make it easy however, as it turned round and around, carefully following the Purrloin's movements. Finally seeing a small opening, Black comforms and leaps to the Shinx's side, wrestling against the Electric-type so as to keep an advantageous position on top of it; a very hard task as it thrashed about more like an enraged Tauros than a tame Ponyta.

    She manages to hold on, fearing not the possibility of paralysis, accidental or otherwise, thanks to her Limber ability; not that Shinxes are particularly known for their overly static fur. Her ability wouldn't protect her from an electric shock however as she would soon find out, the Shinx cackling with electricity as it shrouded itself in lightning with his Spark, shocking Black and forcing her to jump out in pain and astonishment from the attack. Lacking the physical portion of the attack that didn't do as much damage as it would've, but it still smarted her a lot. It didn't seem to you that that Shinx was experienced enough to know that attack, but it did, and whether it knew it through experience or some other shenanigans the fact was that Black payed the price for it.

    Shinx begins to take on the offensive now as it begins to Charge electricity until suddenly, sensing something in the air, it abruptly stops and starts to quickly run away to the forest, much to your surprise.

    "Aw dangit, not again!" you hear the voice of a man, scrawny in appearance as you turned to look at him. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I thought it would be different this time!" he started apologizing to you.

    It seems you have him to blame for ruining your catch, but what the hell did he want with that Shinx anyways?

    What will you do?


    Black hopped behind the Shinx, and waited for the perfect moment. She found a small gap and hopped on top of it and began riding it like a pony. The shinx was stubborn though - it zapped it with a spark and then began to charge, throwing Black off. Black was furious and as Fiona was about to command a attack, this rather scrawny old man appeared and chased away the shinx. Black was streaming.

    "Aw dangit, not again!" you hear the voice of a man. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I thought it would be different this time!" he started apologizing to you.

    At this Black went in a full Pursuit and chased after the shinx.

    "BLACK!" Fiona called, but Black payed no attention. She groaned and turned on the man. "Now, answer this nice and clear - what the heck did you want with that shinx?" She asked in a tone that clearly showed that she was annoyed, but in a polite way.

    EPIC SIG HERE

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    Apologies to uhhhh, jolteonjak and emp. This has been a *really* busy week so I've only done this far. Will give you three priority for next week, so look forward to that.

    ::Pieli Harbour::

    Flame Mistress:

    Something must've gone horribly wrong with Phillip as his words suddenly set off all alarms in your head. You weren't sure about his intentions anymore, and when he mentioned showing you some of the city's sceret locations your thoughts turned to the absolute worst scenario. A part of you wanted to believe him as the innocent and friendly person he portrayed himself as; to accept his offer and explore what was beyond all the fluff and tourist bait. You stuck to your instincts however as your mother's words echoed within your head, warning you about trusting strangers even if they were kids as well. You come up with an excuse as you decline his offer, picking up Flare and walking away with haste to safety while leaving a sad and confused boy behind. A part of you felt regret but you decided it wasn't worth the risk of putting your own and your Pokémon's safety in jeopardy.

    Having ran a considerable distance away from Phillip you start to slow down and wonder what to do next as you try to forget the incident. Something started to feel terribly wrong however, and while you hadn't noticed in the heat of the moment you now realize you're carrying far less weight than you should! You already suspect what might've happened, but as you check the contents of your bag your fears are confirmed as you see it almost completely empty; only the Snorunt plushie was left behind. What really made your heart sink though was the realization that you no longer were carrying a single one of your Pokéballs with you. Topaz, Seraphina... all of them gone except for Flare. You had worried so much about the Vulpix's safety and indeed she was safe by your side, but at what cost? When did this even happen? What kind of thief was so stealthy and nimble to strip you of almost all your possesions without you or Flare even noticing? It couldn't possibly be Phillip, you were watching him the whole time, but he probably had planned this all along. Regardless of the hows, whys or whoms, the fact of the matter was that you were thoroughly robbed, and to add insult to injury you yourself were even nice enough to give the thief a vast headstart ahead of you by running away. If you don't do something now you may never see your precious Pokémon again!

    What will you do?


    From here onwards I'm afraid you can only use Flare until you get your stuff back; recalling her into her Pokéball won't be happening either until then. Good luck~[/color]
    Oh, by the way, it's Serafina, not Seraphina. =3 And it's a bit on the short side, as I current don't really know what to do...

    "@$^*&%#^$@#%!!!"

    That there was Charlotte spewing out all the insults and profanities she could think of - in her head, of course. Then again, who wouldn't after all their possessions were stolen, with the exception of a Snorunt plushie and their Vulpix?

    "I am going to kill that *******!" Charlotte swore under her breath, steam practically spewing out from her ears in anger. She was certain that he had stolen all her possessions, even if she'd been watching him the whole time - it couldn't be anyone else. He must have sneaked up from behind silently, unzipped her bag and taken all her possessions and Pokemon. That was the only way that a thief could've taken everything from her bag so skilfully she could think of. Still cursing Phillip in her head, she walked on aimlessly through the streets, with Flare quite worried about her trainer's mental state right now.

    Eventually, Charlotte returned to the same bench she had sat on when talking to Phillip, and sank down into the hard wood of the surface, and buried her head in her hands. Flare tried to comfort her by snuggling up to her, but Charlotte didn't do anything in return. She was practically penniless now - what was she going to do?

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Wet'n'Wild Recreation Park::
    Mon1010: "Well you might as well stay with us, in that case." Alice said upon hearing that you were a lone traveller. "People from Unova should stay close to one another don't you think? Straiton is awesome by the way. We're all from Castleia, but i've been to Straiton a few times. Their Pokemon Gym just happens to be one of the best restaurants in the area too; how original! Munnas are just the cutest, and I think it's great that you have one; they say real men wear pink, you know?" she finished giggling with a wink.

    It seemed whatever fears you had about being teased for your choice in Pokemon partner would no longer be a concern, and you two would probably have many more stories to share untill you suddenly hear a whistle, signaling the start of the casual pool game.

    "Oh it's starting already! Come on now!" Alice exclaimed cheerfully and you too get in position in the rear line next to her. Starting from the opposing side the ball is vigorously tossed over the net, and woe to you it came in your general direction. You manage to bounce it off to a teammate who finally gets it over back to the other side, scoring a point in the process. It always feels especially good to help score one for the team, especially when sports isn't really one's thing. Nobody seemed to be taking themselves too seriously, as it was all silly and relaxing laughter in the pool. The ball bounced back and forth, and you find yourself passing a few, scoring some and them fumbling others. It was all in good fun and nobody really seemed to be keeping track of the score save for the designated referee; not that anybody really cared, it was just a thing to take off stress with some light pool exercise. After a few sets the game was over and though everyone looked happy, your team celebrated the most having found themselves the winners.

    You find yourself giving a victorious high five to your newly met friend as the rest of the players scattered about on to their own business.

    Two of such players then approached your group. You remember them being on your team and having called Alice by name, which meant they probably knew each other already, though you still hadn't had a chance for a proper introduction

    "Oh hey guys!" she turned to them. "Meet Scott and Shaana. Guess what, they're from Straiton"

    "Hi!" immediately replied the tall and skinny man with curly ginger hair. "Pete," he then said as he stretched out his hand to you.

    "Lucy," said the petite girl with asian features who waived shyly. "Oooooh you have a Munna? So cute."

    "We're supposed to meet up with Tony a the park's restaurant before hitting some of the more extreme games," Alice said as she turned to you. "Probably not a good idea to eat before trying them out, but hey, we're hungry! Haha! Wanna come over?"

    How nice, isn't it? Though having some burgers and fries right now probably not for the best, it seems you've found a nice group of people to hang out with. It takes more than one to have a party after all.

    What will you do?
    Scott was relieved that someone else didn't start teasing him about his taste in Pokemon. When he was younger most guys were into Charizards, Nidokings, and other typically "manly" Pokemon, and he got a load of crap from them for openly liking a Pokemon seen as being "sissy." Though those days had long since passed, it was still upsetting for him to think about it. Still, it's not like he agreed with any of them, after he caught a Munna of his own to spite them. It's like Alice had said, real men wear pink. Before they could talk more, a whistle blew signaling the start of the game.

    After getting into the position, the ball was tossed from the opposite side, and went flying in his direction. Fortunately, he managed to pass the ball to a teammate, and score a point for his side. He was proud to have done something right. He was never good at sports, and during his younger days, more often than not, he would wind up accidentally giving the other team a point, and making a fool of himself. Fortunately for him, this game wasn't as serious as most tend to take these kinds of things, so it was much more relaxing and enjoyable. No one seemed to really care about the score at all. After a few sets, the game was over. His team had won, and Scott was glad he had contributed to the victory. Meanwhile, Shaana sat on the side and watched. Mostly because using a Pokemon would probably be cheating.

    After giving Alice a victorious high five, two other players that were on his team approached the group. Scott hadn't met them, but Alice knew them. She called out to them, and she introduced Scott and Shaana to them.

    The first guy was a skinny ginger haired guy named Pete. He stuck out his hand, and Scott grasped it firmly, and shook it. "Nice to meet you." he said politely.

    The other was a small asain girl named Lucy, who seemed rather shy. She commented on his on how cute his Pokemon. Clearly, Munnas were popular with females.

    Then Alice invited him to meet up with another one of their friends at the park's restaurant before doing some of the more extreme activities. She acknowledged jokingly that eating before doing that probably wasn't the best idea, then invited him along.

    "Well Shaana, what do you say?"

    "Mun," the Munna said in agreement. She then took her place on top of Scott's shoulder, though not before taking a moment to glare at Alice, then she turned to the others and smiled cutely.

    "It's settled then, we're in."
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 13th April 2012 at 2:01 AM.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default Whale Island - o5

    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Pengyzu: With counter orders accounted for the skirmish quickly resumes, Meinfoo dashing down the outskirts of the pool at breakneck speed whilst Wingull nosedives from above. The mustelid is first on the attack, quickly ramming into Keiko with sending him splashing rearward like a beach ball. Rolling back onto his front, Keiko tries squirting off a Water Gun, the attack skimming past the monk’s shoulder for a weak chip against his health. Meanwhile, Kara was faring just as poorly against his avian opponent, the seagull swooping in for a Quick Attack of its own, the birds beak poking him in the chest. Kara tries swinging a Thunder Punch in return, but the agile foe easily nips out of the way with a corkscrew manoeuvre. Turning in midair, the bird sets its sights on the Wailmer calf, unfolding its Wings for another Attack. Scared of getting hurt, Keiko ignores his second round of orders and Bounces into the sky, evading damage and landing in the deep end splashing all the nearby youngsters. Whilst slightly dismayed, it was good knowing the Wailmer had a few more attacks up its sleeve. Back to Kara – he watches with a keen eye as Meinfoo heads towards him, wasting no time in getting his own back as he channels his Psychic energy through a twistedspoon. The telekinetic beat down sends the kung-fu rodent flying to the deep end of the pool, the water cushioning a huge blow. Whilst an early lead by the looks of it, your opponents were more skilled than your run-of-the-mill Pokémon and Keiko was having self-esteem issues. What will you do?

    Son of Shadows: At a loss on how to put a stop to the electric menace you think it better to get help from one of the trained manta conductors. You approach a dark-haired girl in a black wetsuit on the sideline, the trainer nervously biting her lip in wake of the Stunfisk attack. “Don’t ask me, my supervisor is off today and I only know how to handle the manta! Please just do what ever you can to put a stop to that thing!” You watch as she rummages around for a first aid kit, scurrying toward the fake coastline to tend to the wounded teenager and close at hand Mantine, kind of embarrassed for her. But if Stunfisk was left with a free reign of the manta pool she’d have a lot more on her hands than two casualties. Not quite settled down yet, the ray smirks manically as it shoots off another Thunderbolt, the bolt of lightning hitting the wing of another sailing Mantine, knocking it out of flight and nose-diving into the water. By this point the youngsters were screaming and scrambling out of the shallow pool, but Stunfisk wasn’t really interested in hurting them. The dab submerges, taking snapping turtle with it like some reluctant hostage as it wriggles toward a school of Mantyke at snails pace. One of its eyes twitches as sparks fly up and down its body. The chances of saving the guppy rays were against you, but you had the element of surprise and a point-blank shot. What will you do?

    Ampere Beach

    Trainer Andy: With Sheldon struggling despite a solid type advantage, you can’t help wondering if you’d been slacking on his training. Then again, there was no way of telling that a beach vacation would set way for your first Pokémon battle. Scrunching your face in determination, you decide it’s about time to pull out the big guns. Sheldon snaps in agreement as he focuses on the blurry Corphish ahead, waiting for it to make a move. The crustacean springs onto the offense, pinching its claws to spray off another jet of Bubbles. With suds in his eyes Sheldon struggles to spot the attack, taking a few weak hits before propping up a Wide Guard in defence. The tail end of the foamy blast pops away against the translucent barrier, leaving Turtwig in good shape. The turtle squint ahead, still struggling to make out his foe as he fires off a flurry of Razors from his twinleaf.The shurikens hurtle in all directions, some of the spectators diving out of the way to avoid a nasty abrasion. The crab is too pig-headed to dodge however, the majority of the leaves beating away at his hard shell for a tonne of damage. Corphish scuttles waywardly back hanging on by the skin of his teeth and Hardening his body in defence. It’s too little to late though as Sheldon leaps in the air, spreading out his stubby legs and Slamming his Body into the crab. A few seconds pass as you wait for the crayfish to scuttle out from underneath the tortoise... Corphish was down for the count! Level Up for Sheldon A few of the youngsters cheer before scampering back to their sandcastles.

    Read Below

    Dark Searchman: You gaze decisively at the battle ahead - With his trunk charred and his palmy hairdo frazzled, you might just be able to take down this Exeggutor. But with Ralts bruised and trampled it’d be a tough one. Playing to your defence would get you nowhere fast, so you decide to tilt the odds in your favour with a Potion. The emotion Pokémon winces as you pull the trigger on the spray bottle, leaving a stinging sensation on his grazes. The medication quickly does its work on the small psychic who’s fresh in a matter of seconds, however time spent on the mend gives the giant tree a wide opening for its next barrage. The three coconuts gulp as they spit off another salvo of Seed Bombs, pelting the emotion Pokémon and chipping his health away in no time. The Ralts tumbles down the beach coughing up sand as he flops on his back. Having been caught off guard he hops to his feet and blows off a gust of Icy Wind. The tundra washes away against the Exeggutor, sending him closer to the brink but somewhat soothing his burns. The three heads scrunch up their faces in rage as they go for a last ditch attempt at clenching victory. Charging ahead, the Exeggutor manages to squash Ralts in another Stomp, this time completely submerged beneath the clubfoot. A few of the kids gasp in shock as it looks like it’s all over. Suddenly! The heads holler in pain as a Signal Beam pushes against the sole of its foot. The twofold effective attack makes quick work of the tree, sending it toppling against the sand with a low thud. Level Up for Ralts A few of the youngsters cheer before scampering off to their sandcastles.

    Read Below

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: Whilst two fresh trainers had just finished their first Pokémon battle about a mile apart on the same stretch of amped coast, they were about to find their paths intertwine as a adolescent sailor donning a pair of shades approaches them separately. “Hey, I managed to catch most of that. You started off a little shaky but really pulled it in towards the end!” the chap jousts, “I’m one of the East Coast Ferry battle scouts. We’re looking for rookie trainers like you to take part in our sea expedition over Rainbow Reef. The ferry sets sail at Peili Harbour at 1o’clock sharp, so don’t be late!” The scout hands you a before waving farewell and heading up the boardwalk towards the set of docks. You check the time, the ferry was set to leave in just five minutes! You could head to Peili Harbour for what looked to be a once in a lifetime opportunity or continue exploring Ampere Beach, what will you do?

    The Caverns

    Celebii: The battle presses on and your type advantage was really taking its toll on the bat Pokémon who was slipping toward its final reaches of health already. Although Larry was looking quite fatigued from all the energy-intensive techniques, you decide to stay on the offense whilst your foe was winded and struggling to catch air. You shoot off another chain of orders, beads of sweat trickling down the monster’s metal hide as he scurries into action. Making use of his natural Digging abilities he starts pawing away at the rocky surface until he’s submerged. The Golbat gapes around the caverns in confusion, hoping it’d got off scot-free from his iron foe. The vampire bat’s sensitive ears prick up as he hears a rumble from below, Aron speeding upwards with a Head Smash. The tackle scrapes the bat on its underside, shrieking in pain as it flutters off the ground. The poison type decides to show what a tricky bugger he can be as he coughs up a Haze, the cave filling with white smoke and reducing your visibility to nil. Larry looks just as lost as he Charges down the cave in a burst of Flames, mistaking the bat for a stalagmite which he dim-wittedly rams into. The Golbat taunts its foe by smacking him with a Air Cutter, barely chipping away any health but enough to rile up the Aron. By the looks of your last hit the bat was teetering on the brink, but you had a few obstacles ahead if you wanted to take it out quickly. What will you do?

    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: You’re quick into action as a thick of bubbles curdle violently on the greenish water’s surface, sceptical of what danger loomed ahead. Sothe and Orcharist are given belayed orders, the two shifting into stealth battle stances as you focus in on the commotion. Meanwhile the three hippies shiver with their heads buried in the small vessel – wishing they’d never gotten themselves worked up over the nautical folk law. The tension was building as the lake stood dead silent. Suddenly! The water rises into a large lump, breaking away quickly to reveal a huge green cranium, water dripping from the ends of its purple vines. The plant monster shrieks fiercely, sending the nearby wild Pokémon scampering for their lives. The crinoid was larger than your run-of-the-mill Cradily, its head about as big as a Wailmer and its tentacles stretching even further. The Pokémon quickly scans the lagoon with its bulb-like eyes, spotting the kayak packed with three tasty entrées. The creature’s head looms over the boat, shadowing the three travellers who were frozen in fear. In an incredible feat of strength, the sea monster extends its tentacles, binding the boat and hoisting it out of the water. He then douses his lunch with a Gastro Acid, the three travellers cringing as they’re basted from head to toe in digestive fluids. As the kayak is lifted slowly overhead the three hippies sheepishly clamber out, Lily and Chong discretely splashing into the pond with Moku plunging conspicuously in tow. The carnivorous plant isn’t quick to notice their escape, tightening its grip on the kayak until it splinters and cracks, churning it into its shadowy mouth and down its digestive tract.

    “It’s a giant flower!” Lily awes with a hint of terror.
    “I told you we shouldn’t have eaten those Foongus we found in the woods!” regrets Moku, rubbing his tight tummy.
    “Please don’t hurt us flower!” Chong pleas, bowing down submissively at the Pokémon slinky neck.

    Before the Cradily can even mull over an organic snack, your reptilian mercenaries spring into action. Orcharist twists and Coils her body as she stealthily submerges in the water whilst Sothe ruffles his bushy tail to let loose a wind of Sweet Scent. The pinkish aroma stinks its way across the lagoon, the three hippies easing out of their panic as they slip neck deep into the water. Cradily takes a whiff as the whole lagoon pauses still in silence... ATCHOO! The enormous sea monster grimaces, eyeing up the lizard who’d doused him with such an overwhelming perfume. In the blink of an eye one of the crinoid’s tentacles shoots off, lashing into Sothe at Astonishing speed. Sceptile yelps in pain as the trunk-wide whip lashes against his torso, struggling to keep his footing after being caught off guard. Sothe holds his ground, pressing his leaf-blade against his beak and using it as a Grasswhistle - the sharp tune piercing through the tense air. Cradily’s petals slump slightly, but this proves only to be a momentary lapse as it roars again sending the bird Pokémon flocking for miles - you imagine the attack had had as much effect as injecting a full-grown Gyarados with Ponyta tranquiliser. The same can’t be said for Orcharist however, who sinks out of consciousness courtesy of her ally’s melody. Not really seeing Sothe as much of a threat, the Cradily focuses back on its lunch, wrapping up Chong’s banjo in his feeler and reeling it into its mouth...

    “My banjo!”

    The Ghostly Galleon

    UNowenwasme?: Evasive manoeuvres weren’t quite working out and if you kept it up it wouldn’t be long before they Gene was sunk. The pirates reload the barrel with gunpowder, bowling Voltorb into the nozzles and igniting the fuses. You decide the best way to protect yourself would be to take out the cannons one by one, and quickly hatch a scheme to achieve this. Gene Calms his Mind in an effort to boost his special capabilities, whilst the first barrage of cannons are set off! With a bang about half a dozen Voltorb fall from the sky with much greater precision than before – Gene having to swiftly improvise in light of the incoming carpet bombing. The machine quickly charges a Shadowy Ball between his claws, shooting it into the minefield. The inky blob hits one of the cannonballs head-on, causing it to explode on impact. With the Voltorb in such close proximity this triggers a chain reaction, a huge midair explosion pushing the two of you back whilst causing little damage to your vessel. Gene is quick to resume, launching another volley of Shadow Balls – some ripping through the black sails and the dark hull whilst most hit their mark causing the cannons to explode on themselves. Your hopes of making it out alive seem to rise after such a devastating return-fire, but this quickly slides away as a menacing figure limps to the side of the deck.

    “Fire da motar! Blast ‘em down to Davey Jones' Locker!” The man had a long beard dyed a striking scarlet, his red locks tipped by a black captain’s hat sporting the same Duskull & Crossbone insignia. The pirate had undoubtedly faced a few sea monsters in his time, his scarred face sporting a black eye patch, his left hand a twisted hook and his right leg a wooden peg. Tipping off the menacing facade was a Chatot perched staunchly on his shoulder, announcing ‘DAVEY JONES’ LOCKER’ in a mimicking squawk. Frozen in fear and at a loss for a strategy, you watch as about four of the pirates lug what appears to be an Electrode into a bulky mortar. By the time you come to your senses it’s too late, a huge blast of smoke wisps from the empty barrel as the giant cannonball hurtles through the sky. Gene switches to evasive manoeuvres but the missile uses Magnet Rise to home into the Metang. You can only flinch as the giant explosive, well, Explodes.

    BOOM!

    Your weary eyes creep open, attempting to rub them is impossible – you were tied up against a wooden post. It had appeared you’d been knocked unconscious. That seemed to be happening a lot lately. You look around, quickly clocking on to the fact you’d been thrown in the dingy brig of the Ghostly Galleon and were being held captive. Gene was nowhere to be seen amongst the barrels of gunpowder and empty shackles although you could probably reach your other Pokéballs if you tried hard enough. You hear the boat creak against the waves, it must’ve set sail again and there was no telling where it was headed. Suddenly! You hear footsteps coming from upstairs and getting louder. What will you do?

    Crater Lake

    Itzatrap: The rescue plan all going smoothly, Numel was safe in-shore as the redhead pressed on its chest in hopes of resuscitating it. Water suddenly squirts out of the calf’s throat, “Torkoal, this little fella’s cold. I need you to help out with a Heat Wave!” Torkoal nods as the adolescent puts the camel down, its stubby legs spreading on the ash-strewn terra. Torkoal fires up his furnace on queue, black smoke puffing from every orifice before he spews out a flurry of hot air which washes down on the small Pokémon. You feel some comfort knowing it was probably going to make it, but there was still trouble ahead as you’d managed to pick a fight with a hungry Carvanha. Deciding to substitute Olli from the fight, you switch to a better typed operative – Shell barks as he switches into a battle stance. On command the Squirtle rushes to the bank of the deep crater, making his claw into a fist as he socks the piranha with a Rock Smash. The attack sure does a number on the fish, loosening its jaw slightly whilst also knocking Chimchar off balance – the ape angrily snapping at his ally for not aiming better. With Carvanha looking lose Squirtle goes in for the strike, bounding into the air and tucking into his shell for a Tackle. The turtle butts into the foe’s tailfin, finally knocking it loose and into the pool. However Shell can’t slow down, and goes hurtling right in tow! With a mighty splash, the two nose-dive into the hot spring which quickly becomes a makeshift arena. With Squirtle regaining his buoyancy the agile Carvanha goes in for the jugular with its Crunch, sinking its teeth into the turtle’s tough skin for a solid hit. Squirtle quickly separates from the piranha with another Rock Smash. Carvanha yelps in pain as it narrowly swims backwards, eventually u-turning and tackling the turtle with a Take Down. Squirtle bowls further down the lake as the Carvanha takes some recoil. Looks like the fight is on, what will you do?

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: At a loss on how to put a stop to the electric menace you think it better to get help from one of the trained manta conductors. You approach a dark-haired girl in a black wetsuit on the sideline, the trainer nervously biting her lip in wake of the Stunfisk attack. “Don’t ask me, my supervisor is off today and I only know how to handle the manta! Please just do what ever you can to put a stop to that thing!” You watch as she rummages around for a first aid kit, scurrying toward the fake coastline to tend to the wounded teenager and close at hand Mantine, kind of embarrassed for her. But if Stunfisk was left with a free reign of the manta pool she’d have a lot more on her hands than two casualties. Not quite settled down yet, the ray smirks manically as it shoots off another Thunderbolt, the bolt of lightning hitting the wing of another sailing Mantine, knocking it out of flight and nose-diving into the water. By this point the youngsters were screaming and scrambling out of the shallow pool, but Stunfisk wasn’t really interested in hurting them. The dab submerges, taking snapping turtle with it like some reluctant hostage as it wriggles toward a school of Mantyke at snails pace. One of its eyes twitches as sparks fly up and down its body. The chances of saving the guppy rays were against you, but you had the element of surprise and a point-blank shot. What will you do?


    Joshua growled. The trainer was useless, and the Pokémon trainer wasn't much better. Things were looking bad for Aegis, the Stunfisk, and all the Mantyke... There was only one option left. "Aegis!" he called out, "We fight! Time to use your Water Gun attack - at close range, you should be able to do extra damage, and follow up with a Bubble to slow it down! Hold on as tight as you can!" I've got to protect those Mantyke... Don't they have Pokéballs around here? At least all the kids had gotten out of the water. This probably wouldn't end well, but the Mantyke needed to be protected... He still had an empty Pokéball in his hand, perhaps capturing Stunfisk would be his only option. He began aiming his Pokéball, in case Aegis managed to heavily damage Stunfisk... And if it was his only shot.

    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Ampere Beach

    Trainer Andy: With Sheldon struggling despite a solid type advantage, you can’t help wondering if you’d been slacking on his training. Then again, there was no way of telling that a beach vacation would set way for your first Pokémon battle. Scrunching your face in determination, you decide it’s about time to pull out the big guns. Sheldon snaps in agreement as he focuses on the blurry Corphish ahead, waiting for it to make a move. The crustacean springs onto the offense, pinching its claws to spray off another jet of Bubbles. With suds in his eyes Sheldon struggles to spot the attack, taking a few weak hits before propping up a Wide Guard in defence. The tail end of the foamy blast pops away against the translucent barrier, leaving Turtwig in good shape. The turtle squint ahead, still struggling to make out his foe as he fires off a flurry of Razors from his twinleaf.The shurikens hurtle in all directions, some of the spectators diving out of the way to avoid a nasty abrasion. The crab is too pig-headed to dodge however, the majority of the leaves beating away at his hard shell for a tonne of damage. Corphish scuttles waywardly back hanging on by the skin of his teeth and Hardening his body in defence. It’s too little to late though as Sheldon leaps in the air, spreading out his stubby legs and Slamming his Body into the crab. A few seconds pass as you wait for the crayfish to scuttle out from underneath the tortoise... Corphish was down for the count! Level Up for Sheldon A few of the youngsters cheer before scampering back to their sandcastles.

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: Whilst two fresh trainers had just finished their first Pokémon battle about a mile apart on the same stretch of amped coast, they were about to find their paths intertwine as a adolescent sailor donning a pair of shades approaches them separately. “Hey, I managed to catch most of that. You started off a little shaky but really pulled it in towards the end!” the chap jousts, “I’m one of the East Coast Ferry battle scouts. We’re looking for rookie trainers like you to take part in our sea expedition over Rainbow Reef. The ferry sets sail at Peili Harbour at 1o’clock sharp, so don’t be late!” The scout hands you a before waving farewell and heading up the boardwalk towards the set of docks. You check the time, the ferry was set to leave in just five minutes! You could head to Peili Harbour for what looked to be a once in a lifetime opportunity or continue exploring Ampere Beach, what will you do?


    Watching as Sheldon landed the decisive blow on his opponent, Andy felt himself sag in relief. He hadn't realised how tense this battle had made him, and as Sheldon scampered back for his praise Andy was looking forward to getting back into relaxing on the beach.

    As the crowd that had surrounded him cleared, Andy heard another cheer not to far away. Looking in its direction Andy saw what appeared to be a plam tree with a face toppling to the ground, another Trainer standing close by next to a small, white and green, rather dishevelled looking Pokemon.

    "Looks like we're not the only ones who had a tough time here." Andy said, looking at Sheldon. The Turtwig nodded wearily, still a little out of breath. "Tur..." it agreed.

    Looking back onto the beach Andy walked over to the fainted Corphish that lay in the sand. "You were a tough little bugger," he said to his downed foe. Now the battle was over, and the heat of the moment had passed, Andy felt a twinge of sympathy. Sure, that pinch on the behind wasn't welcomed but he remembered reading some time a go that Corphish were territorial Pokemon, and Andy had obviously just gotten himself in the wrong place at the wrong him. As he sat there an idea came over him.

    Rushing to his backpack, Andy rummaged through, looking for his spare Pokeballs. Finally locating one, Andy was about to head back to the Corphish when a voice interrupted him.

    “Hey, I managed to catch most of that. You started off a little shaky but really pulled it in towards the end!”
    Andy looked around to see a stranger approaching him. His apparel gave him the look of a sailor, apart from a pair of sunglasses.
    “I’m one of the East Coast Ferry battle scouts." The man introduced himself. Reaching into his pocket, the stranger pulled out what seemed to be a scrap of paper and handed it to Andy. Looking at it closely, Andy realised it was a ferry ticket. "We’re looking for rookie trainers like you to take part in our sea expedition over Rainbow Reef," he explained, "The ferry sets sail at Peili Harbour at 1o’clock sharp, so don’t be late!”
    With that the man turned and walked away, waving behind him as he did so.
    As he waved, Andy caught a glimpse of the man's watch and gasped. Had that man said 1 o'clock? That was in 5 minutes!

    "Dammit, I'd better hurry!" Said Andy loudly, to himself. "This sounds way too good to miss."
    Running to collect his stuff, he bundled it up in his arms before remembering he was still holding an empty Pokeball. Now he'd gotten himself in a dilemma, did he have time? Looking in the direction that the man had walked away in, then back at the beach Andy sighed and slung his backpack onto his back.

    "Looks like you're still causing trouble even when you've fainted..."

    Bracing himself to begin running towards Peili Harbour at a moments notice, Andy threw the Pokeball (1 of 5) towards the Corphish. He felt as though his breath had caught in his throat as the ball soared through the air. Silently he watched, and hoped.
    Last edited by Trainer Andy; 15th April 2012 at 1:41 PM.

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pokemon World
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Pengyzu: With counter orders accounted for the skirmish quickly resumes, Meinfoo dashing down the outskirts of the pool at breakneck speed whilst Wingull nosedives from above. The mustelid is first on the attack, quickly ramming into Keiko with sending him splashing rearward like a beach ball. Rolling back onto his front, Keiko tries squirting off a Water Gun, the attack skimming past the monk’s shoulder for a weak chip against his health. Meanwhile, Kara was faring just as poorly against his avian opponent, the seagull swooping in for a Quick Attack of its own, the birds beak poking him in the chest. Kara tries swinging a Thunder Punch in return, but the agile foe easily nips out of the way with a corkscrew manoeuvre. Turning in midair, the bird sets its sights on the Wailmer calf, unfolding its Wings for another Attack. Scared of getting hurt, Keiko ignores his second round of orders and Bounces into the sky, evading damage and landing in the deep end splashing all the nearby youngsters. Whilst slightly dismayed, it was good knowing the Wailmer had a few more attacks up its sleeve. Back to Kara – he watches with a keen eye as Meinfoo heads towards him, wasting no time in getting his own back as he channels his Psychic energy through a twistedspoon. The telekinetic beat down sends the kung-fu rodent flying to the deep end of the pool, the water cushioning a huge blow. Whilst an early lead by the looks of it, your opponents were more skilled than your run-of-the-mill Pokémon and Keiko was having self-esteem issues. What will you do?
    Rey confidently orders his Pokemon what seems to be a perfect counter to each move. Ralts is more than ready to try out his new moves, whilst Keiko is having trouble focusing. The sun was beating down on the wet field, with wind cooling people off a bit. The enemy Pokemon lunge at the two with much speed. This hits the Wailmer nicely and pushes him back a bit. He spits a jet of pressurized water at the offender but misses, only scraping the side of the Mienfoo by a bit. Meanwhile, Ralts charges up some cackling electricity into his fists and prepares to strike the foe as he closes in. The bird gets hit by a part of the attack but easily makes a hit without damage.

    Their trainer was speechless... only managing to form a frown. "What am I going to do? My Pokemon are losing... because of me... I'm such a ditz. I'm so stupid and dumb. I can't do anything right!" he thought to himself. "Kara, Keiko, hang in there! I'll do my best to turn the battle for you, I promise. Please... just... trust in me."

    Kara looks at his trainer, feeling concern over his well being. Keiko on the other hand, is having self-esteem issues. Wingull closes in for a Wing Attack but Keiko is too afraid to follow through with his orders. He bounces up into the air and dodges the attack, and falls to the pool again, causing a splash.

    "Oh... so you know Bounce afterall... Let's see-"

    Mienfoo makes its way toward Kara to pound him once more. Kara has other plans, and channels his Psychic energy into the spoon. This energy is expelled at the Mienfoo and blasts him away, only to be cushioned by the water itself.

    "Well... the odds are against us here. It's your first battle Ralts... I understand. Even the environment is against us... hmmm... Oh yeah! Keiko! You can do it, buddy! You are THE son of the mighty Shamu! You WILL become a star! Believe in yourself! I want you to listen to me and focus... I want you to use Bounce again and try to strike the Wingull, drowning it in the water. Kara, while he's bouncing, I want you to use Flash to daze the enemy. Confusion on the Mienfoo. Keiko, Body Slam on the Wingull if it's underneath you, if not Water Gun!"

    [x]

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,046

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post

    Ampere Beach

    Trainer Andy: With Sheldon struggling despite a solid type advantage, you can’t help wondering if you’d been slacking on his training. Then again, there was no way of telling that a beach vacation would set way for your first Pokémon battle. Scrunching your face in determination, you decide it’s about time to pull out the big guns. Sheldon snaps in agreement as he focuses on the blurry Corphish ahead, waiting for it to make a move. The crustacean springs onto the offense, pinching its claws to spray off another jet of Bubbles. With suds in his eyes Sheldon struggles to spot the attack, taking a few weak hits before propping up a Wide Guard in defence. The tail end of the foamy blast pops away against the translucent barrier, leaving Turtwig in good shape. The turtle squint ahead, still struggling to make out his foe as he fires off a flurry of Razors from his twinleaf.The shurikens hurtle in all directions, some of the spectators diving out of the way to avoid a nasty abrasion. The crab is too pig-headed to dodge however, the majority of the leaves beating away at his hard shell for a tonne of damage. Corphish scuttles waywardly back hanging on by the skin of his teeth and Hardening his body in defence. It’s too little to late though as Sheldon leaps in the air, spreading out his stubby legs and Slamming his Body into the crab. A few seconds pass as you wait for the crayfish to scuttle out from underneath the tortoise... Corphish was down for the count! Level Up for Sheldon A few of the youngsters cheer before scampering back to their sandcastles.

    Read Below

    Dark Searchman: You gaze decisively at the battle ahead - With his trunk charred and his palmy hairdo frazzled, you might just be able to take down this Exeggutor. But with Ralts bruised and trampled it’d be a tough one. Playing to your defence would get you nowhere fast, so you decide to tilt the odds in your favour with a Potion. The emotion Pokémon winces as you pull the trigger on the spray bottle, leaving a stinging sensation on his grazes. The medication quickly does its work on the small psychic who’s fresh in a matter of seconds, however time spent on the mend gives the giant tree a wide opening for its next barrage. The three coconuts gulp as they spit off another salvo of Seed Bombs, pelting the emotion Pokémon and chipping his health away in no time. The Ralts tumbles down the beach coughing up sand as he flops on his back. Having been caught off guard he hops to his feet and blows off a gust of Icy Wind. The tundra washes away against the Exeggutor, sending him closer to the brink but somewhat soothing his burns. The three heads scrunch up their faces in rage as they go for a last ditch attempt at clenching victory. Charging ahead, the Exeggutor manages to squash Ralts in another Stomp, this time completely submerged beneath the clubfoot. A few of the kids gasp in shock as it looks like it’s all over. Suddenly! The heads holler in pain as a Signal Beam pushes against the sole of its foot. The twofold effective attack makes quick work of the tree, sending it toppling against the sand with a low thud. Level Up for Ralts A few of the youngsters cheer before scampering off to their sandcastles.

    Read Below

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: Whilst two fresh trainers had just finished their first Pokémon battle about a mile apart on the same stretch of amped coast, they were about to find their paths intertwine as a adolescent sailor donning a pair of shades approaches them separately. “Hey, I managed to catch most of that. You started off a little shaky but really pulled it in towards the end!” the chap jousts, “I’m one of the East Coast Ferry battle scouts. We’re looking for rookie trainers like you to take part in our sea expedition over Rainbow Reef. The ferry sets sail at Peili Harbour at 1o’clock sharp, so don’t be late!” The scout hands you a before waving farewell and heading up the boardwalk towards the set of docks. You check the time, the ferry was set to leave in just five minutes! You could head to Peili Harbour for what looked to be a once in a lifetime opportunity or continue exploring Ampere Beach, what will you do?
    {Yosha! Thanks a lot! Nice for both of us, really, this is going to be awesome! And more similarities underlined, we really were in the same area. lol}

    Hyrem could feel flashes of different colors as Ralts felt the stinging sensation of the Potion. Seconds after, however, she felt renewed as she said, "Ralts!" and transmitted an orange color to her trainer's mind. This only lasted for that long, however, as she was pelted by more Egg Bombs. She responded with a breath of fresh air, so to speak, as the minty, Icy Wind blew against the three-headed palm tree, soothing its burns but also bringing it closer to defeat. Exeggutor planned on finishing Ralts with its preferred method of dealing with such pests: Stomping it into the ground and burying it deep under its foot until the opponent gave in to its crushing weight. Indeed, it did look very bleak for the Feeling Pokemon as Hyrem cried out, "Ralts! ...Please be OK..." as he crossed his fingers.

    ...Now, you'd think Exeggutor would've learned its lesson from the last time it Stomped Ralts and nearly got its foot Incinerated away, but I guess it just wanted to get the battle over and done with, none of its three heads really thinking about any possible consequences that could come from it. Fortunately for Hyrem, that would cost the Walking Jungle the battle. A spectacular light show came from under Exeggutor's foot. "EXEEEE!" the three heads hollered as it was pushed up and tipped over by the one attack in Ralts' current arsenal that would deal the most damage to it: Signal Beam. It landed on the sand with a "Gu!", followed by a weak "Torrrrr...", the swirly eyes depicting it was successfully Knocked Out.

    As the spectators cheered, Hyrem felt a wave of relief come over him. "We did it..." he said as he fell to his knees with a smile, finally able to relax from the turmoil. A light blue indicated in his mind that Ralts could feel at ease as well. "That was more trouble than it was worth," he said with a sigh. Of course, being as relaxed as he was, he didn't notice someone approaching until they spoke:

    “Hey, I managed to catch most of that. You started off a little shaky but really pulled it in towards the end!” He turned around to find a teen, maybe a couple of years older than him, in a sailor's uniform and sporting some nice sunglasses. “I’m one of the East Coast Ferry battle scouts," he continued. "We’re looking for rookie trainers like you to take part in our sea expedition over Rainbow Reef. The ferry sets sail at Pieli Harbour at 1o’clock sharp, so don’t be late!”

    "Wow, thanks!" said Hyrem as he was given an SS Ticket for the ferry. The sailor left as soon as he came, and Hyrem could see another trainer with what looked like two more Pokemon, one of them on top of the other. Apparently he wasn't the only one with a little excitement today. He focused back on the ticket and became excited for the opportunity. "Well, change in plans then! We did come here for Seedot, but this is too good to pass up! Right, Ralts?"

    "Ralts!" she replied cheerfully, albeit a little exhausted from the battle.

    Then he looked at his watch. "12:55!? We've only got five minutes!" He quickly grabbed Ralts' Pokeball from his belt. "Ralts, return, you can rest for now!" As Ralts disappeared into her Pokeball with a flash of red light, he instinctively looked to where the other trainer was. The trainer threw a Pokeball at the crustacean-looking Pokemon, and Hyrem watched with a little interest as he began a mad dash to Pieli Harbor and the ferry soon to depart. Perhaps this older-looking trainer was invited too. If so, hopefully his capturing that Pokemon wouldn't slow him down too much.


    Level Up! Ralts grew from Lv. 12 to Lv. 13!
    Claim: SS Ticket
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 20th April 2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: I'm nitpicky about my post...

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: You’re quick into action as a thick of bubbles curdle violently on the greenish water’s surface, sceptical of what danger loomed ahead. Sothe and Orcharist are given belayed orders, the two shifting into stealth battle stances as you focus in on the commotion. Meanwhile the three hippies shiver with their heads buried in the small vessel – wishing they’d never gotten themselves worked up over the nautical folk law. The tension was building as the lake stood dead silent. Suddenly! The water rises into a large lump, breaking away quickly to reveal a huge green cranium, water dripping from the ends of its purple vines. The plant monster shrieks fiercely, sending the nearby wild Pokémon scampering for their lives. The crinoid was larger than your run-of-the-mill Cradily, its head about as big as a Wailmer and its tentacles stretching even further. The Pokémon quickly scans the lagoon with its bulb-like eyes, spotting the kayak packed with three tasty entrées. The creature’s head looms over the boat, shadowing the three travellers who were frozen in fear. In an incredible feat of strength, the sea monster extends its tentacles, binding the boat and hoisting it out of the water. He then douses his lunch with a Gastro Acid, the three travellers cringing as they’re basted from head to toe in digestive fluids. As the kayak is lifted slowly overhead the three hippies sheepishly clamber out, Lily and Chong discretely splashing into the pond with Moku plunging conspicuously in tow. The carnivorous plant isn’t quick to notice their escape, tightening its grip on the kayak until it splinters and cracks, churning it into its shadowy mouth and down its digestive tract.

    “It’s a giant flower!” Lily awes with a hint of terror.
    “I told you we shouldn’t have eaten those Foongus we found in the woods!” regrets Moku, rubbing his tight tummy.
    “Please don’t hurt us flower!” Chong pleas, bowing down submissively at the Pokémon slinky neck.

    Before the Cradily can even mull over an organic snack, your reptilian mercenaries spring into action. Orcharist twists and Coils her body as she stealthily submerges in the water whilst Sothe ruffles his bushy tail to let loose a wind of Sweet Scent. The pinkish aroma stinks its way across the lagoon, the three hippies easing out of their panic as they slip neck deep into the water. Cradily takes a whiff as the whole lagoon pauses still in silence... ATCHOO! The enormous sea monster grimaces, eyeing up the lizard who’d doused him with such an overwhelming perfume. In the blink of an eye one of the crinoid’s tentacles shoots off, lashing into Sothe at Astonishing speed. Sceptile yelps in pain as the trunk-wide whip lashes against his torso, struggling to keep his footing after being caught off guard. Sothe holds his ground, pressing his leaf-blade against his beak and using it as a Grasswhistle - the sharp tune piercing through the tense air. Cradily’s petals slump slightly, but this proves only to be a momentary lapse as it roars again sending the bird Pokémon flocking for miles - you imagine the attack had had as much effect as injecting a full-grown Gyarados with Ponyta tranquiliser. The same can’t be said for Orcharist however, who sinks out of consciousness courtesy of her ally’s melody. Not really seeing Sothe as much of a threat, the Cradily focuses back on its lunch, wrapping up Chong’s banjo in his feeler and reeling it into its mouth...

    “My banjo!”
    Balmund's jaw nearly dropped to the ground at the sight of the gargantuan monster that came out of the lagoon. He had read about and even seen a revived Cradily once before, but to see such a creature off gigantic proportions, and a wild to boot. It would have never crossed his mind. It clearly posed an immediate threat as it quickly got hold of the kayak and its passengers, dousing them with its Gastro Acid, a horrifying experience. Luckily enough, they manage to jump out of it before they are ingested, and Balmund only hoped the water had washed away most of the acidic residue off of their skin.

    Chris and Sothe soon take action as Chris Coiled underwater, perparing to strike whereas Sothe lets out his Sweet Scent, achieving the desired effect of tanquilizing the hippies, but earning an Astonishing whip-lash from the monster in retribution. He insists on further calming it down however, as he starts blowing a Grasswhistle from one of his leaf blades, but the ancient plant Pokémon was far too immersed into its frenzy to be soothed by something like that. The same could not be said of the rest however, Balmund himself already feeling drowsy and exhausted even though he had covered his ears, and Chris somehow losing concentration and lulling herself to sleep underwater.

    'I can't believe this is happening to me,' Balmund thought. Ideally he would've thought of a way to just run away, but he wouldn't feel okay leaving the trio to their own fates. What was left to do would be force the Cradily to turn around and leave, fighting back fiercely to convince the creature that such a fiesty meal wasn't worth the effort, or, in the worst case scenario, kill the threat somehow.

    "Sothe! I need you to have it turn it's attention to you. Fire a barrage of Seed Bombs, then close in and let it rip with your Fury Cutter!" He commanded his Sceptile as he thrusted himself towards his unconscious Seviper, Awakening [1/1] in hand so as to bring her back into action. Once she did, he would command her to support her partner by attempting to cripple the Cradily, injecting it with her Toxic coctail before further capitalizing on it with her Venoshock. It was time to go all out in what was a life or death situation. Questions can always be asked later.
    Last edited by Balmund; 15th April 2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: One move too many. Leaving second move on Seviper as I have to jet. If it's still to much I'll edit that last one away later.

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    The Caverns

    Celebii: The battle presses on and your type advantage was really taking its toll on the bat Pokémon who was slipping toward its final reaches of health already. Although Larry was looking quite fatigued from all the energy-intensive techniques, you decide to stay on the offense whilst your foe was winded and struggling to catch air. You shoot off another chain of orders, beads of sweat trickling down the monster’s metal hide as he scurries into action. Making use of his natural Digging abilities he starts pawing away at the rocky surface until he’s submerged. The Golbat gapes around the caverns in confusion, hoping it’d got off scot-free from his iron foe. The vampire bat’s sensitive ears prick up as he hears a rumble from below, Aron speeding upwards with a Head Smash. The tackle scrapes the bat on its underside, shrieking in pain as it flutters off the ground. The poison type decides to show what a tricky bugger he can be as he coughs up a Haze, the cave filling with white smoke and reducing your visibility to nil. Larry looks just as lost as he Charges down the cave in a burst of Flames, mistaking the bat for a stalagmite which he dim-wittedly rams into. The Golbat taunts its foe by smacking him with a Air Cutter, barely chipping away any health but enough to rile up the Aron. By the looks of your last hit the bat was teetering on the brink, but you had a few obstacles ahead if you wanted to take it out quickly. What will you do?
    The fight continued, and Larry scored another successful Head Smash on the Bat Pokemon. He could hear the Golbat fly through the air as it crashed onto the cold, hard floor once more. However, it wasn't ready to go down just yet as it opens its mouth wide and fills the cave with a thick Haze, rendering Larry's ability to see in the dark nearly useless as his Flame Charge hits a nearby stalagmite. Cele coughs slightly as the Haze reaches his delicate lungs. Golbat then fires another Air Cutter at Larry, doing almost nothing, by the looks of it.

    "Excellent work once again, Larry." Cele stated as he heard the Golbat screech loudly in pain. "But the fight isn't over yet. This Golbat is really filled with tricks and they're getting on my nerves. What say we end the fight now Larry? Hopefully the flock with fly away once we dispatch of this Golbat." Cele thinks to himself. "Let's finish this, Larry!" Try and blow that Haze away with another Swords Dance, then Flame Charge once again!" Larry nodded, though Cele couldn't see it.

    Grabbing a Pokeball from his belt, he enlarged it by pressing the center button, then tossed it forward. The red and white sphere burst open in the air, revealing the Pokem kept inside in a flash of white light. A Spoink happily bounced about, before panicking at its lack of vision. "Boing, I need you to light this cave up with Flash, while Larry fights this Golbat, okay?" Boing jumped in acknowledgedment before his pearl began to glow...
    Last edited by FlashFusion; 14th April 2012 at 8:37 AM.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

        Spoiler:- PASBL Record:



Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •