Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 698

Thread: Whale Island's Recorded History

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    274

    Default Whale Island Adventures: Batch 5

    Apologies uhhhh. Will update you for next week, but worry not, things will get exciting from now on. /evilgrin

    ::Pieli Harbour::

    Flame Mistress: As the fact of being a victim of theft starts to sink down on your mind, you start swelling up with anger as your head is filled with all kinds of profanities and insults known to you, along with some others discovered in the spur of the moment. Though you kept your thoughts to yourself, anyone passing by could probably easily tell how distressed you were as you stood there throwing a repressed tantrum. You were certain it was Phillip who had played this horrible trick on you, even if you did not see him do it, and you were sure you would at least cause him great harm if you would ever find the boy again.

    You start walking aimlessly as the thought ran wild on your mind, and beside you Flare looked up at you with concern. Finding yourself back at the same bench you had been to, you sit down and bury your head into your hands, completely at a loss of what to do next. Flare tried to comfort you snuggling up to you; while she too was sad and worried for her missing partners, what hurt her the most was to see you in pain. Yet, you wouldn't respond, you had practically lost everything now, what else could you do?

    Your prayers seem to be answered however, as Flare suddenly senses something. Making full use of her sense of smell, the Vulpix hops off the bench and starts looking for the source of the familiar smell. As you follow your movements with your eyes, you end up turning around and see a Meowth a short distance away, barely visible behind some of the few patches of greenery along the way, holding a Heart Scale within its mouth. Flare frowns and barks before dashing towards the cat Pokémon, who wastes not an instant to flee from the Fire-type. Gauging by the way Flare reacted to the wild Meowth, it may have been related in some way with your stolen goods, and seeing how you found yourself at a loss, Flare has apparently decided to take matters into her own paws.

    What will you do?

    ::Crater Lake::

    jolteonjak: With the old man walking off to tend to his own duties, you decide to check out your own room upstairs. Grabbing the appropriate key from behind the counter as instructed, you head upstairs while promising your partner a nice walk outside later on along with your other Pokémon. Entering the second room to the right, you find yourself within a moderately small space, and conservatively furnished with a medium-sized bed, a table with an electric lamp, and a thick curtain covering a large window with an amazing view of the lake. In a flash you throw yourself and your bag on to the bed, feeling instant gratification from the matress's firm support and the cozy softness of its cotton blanket.

    Having relaxed for a good while, you get off your bed before sleep could get the better of you, waking up your groggy Cindaquil in the process. You walk downstairs and you see Pedro still standing beside the entrance, almost as if he was paralyzed in time like some statue. Taking a notebook out of your pocket, you take the elder's words to heart and try your best to communicate to the Quagsire in what you think would be his own language, Spanish; explaining how much you would like to walk outside and better explore the area as you did. Much to your surprise, Pedro immediately nods in understanding and starts waving goodbye to you; a response far more positive than anything you had gotten from him so far. As amusing and bizarre as it sounds, perhaps the wild water fish really does know Spanish for some unknown reason after all.

    Once outside you start walking near the edge of the lake, marvelling at its beauty. Its pristine waters allowed you to see in detail the soil beneath the surface, stretching far and deep into a dark blue abyss. A cry from above calls your attention, and as you look upwards you could see the silouette of an imposing Braviary, soaring the skies in search of prey. A part of you hoped it didn't see you as such.

    Finally finding a good spot to stop, you reach for one of your Pokéballs and toss it into the air; the red and white orb bursting mid-air in a flash of light as it releases the gutsy horned-beetle, Heracross. Cyndaquil is quick to greet his newly met partner as it walks up to him; the Bug Pokémon instinctively stepping back in apprehension of the fire mouse. Ordering your Cyndaquil to extinguish his open flames, you apologize to Heracross who seems to calm down a bit, though still remaining wary and distrustful of the Fire-type.

    Calling out to the both of them, you decide it's time to keep exploring and they both nod in agreement, one more enthusiastically then the other. You wouldn't get much of a chance to travel far however, as you spot a pair of Wooper suddenly jump out of the lake, hopping excitedly towards you with big gaping smiles on their faces. You gather they could probably want to play with you a little as they keep jumping up and down like hyperactive Spoink, crying their names repeatedly. One of them abruptly frowns and smirks mischieveously however, and forcefully squirts a Water Gun to your Heracross's face, knocking him over to his back. How low! It seems these Wooper like playing rough, and the question now is on whether you wan to "play" along.

    What will you do?


    I think you over did it a bit too much here, not with Heracross's intro since I do like you writing all you can to develop his character, but rather with the other actions as they do count as self updating. How do you know nothing would've happened in the thirty or so minutes you went to rest, or that nobody would already be there when you reached your room? How would you know Pedro would still be there when you got back down (very likely since he's just that...special, but you get the point)? Still, it's not a big deal, so I'm running with it.

    ::Raikou's Effigy::

    Nightfall715: Having lost track of your Pokémon in the heat of the moment, you call forth for another companion, Lucifer, the Houndour. Though young and inexperienced, the pup had quite the strong personality and almost immediately started dominantly ripping nearby plants in an attempt to look as frightening as he could be. You firmly call to his attention however, to which he settled down and listened attentively. Having given your instructions, the Fire-type scampers immediately in search of the missing Black, using his sensitive sense of smell to track down the familiar scent of the Purrloin. You turn to the man and quickly tell him to follow along before running off with Lucifer.

    "W-wait, wait! Ugh, fine!" he uttered between his teeth, quickly adjusting his large circular glasses and picking up his gear before catching up to you.

    The mist made visibility horrible for you, but you only needed to follow the lead of your Pokémon. You could tell you were now within the outer limits of the surrounding forest. You're halted to a sudden stop however as you encounter a pair of burly men from out of the mist, them both accompanied by Bidoofs by their side. They both look shocked to see you and it's as if they weren't expecting, nor did they want anyone to see them.

    "Hey, what do you think you're doing!" Yells one as he catches sight of you. "Stop right there!"

    You had read about incidences of illegal logging in the area, and chances are they might be up to no good. Though they don't know this, they now stand between yourself and your Pokémon. Perhaps if you play your cards right you may avoid giving off the wrong impresion and move on without any confrontation.

    What will you do?


    Nightfall, while I don't feel I should criticize anyone's writing style, I would like just a little bit more effort from you if possible. Rather than copy-pasting segments from what I write, try to paraphrase in your own words, and maybe even add a bit more detail on your thoughts at what is happening. That can only help you as it gives me more info about you to work on. Just my two cents. ^^

    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: Ambushed by a swarm of Rattatta which seemingly popped out of nowhere, you question out loud the veracity of your current situation as your suspension of disbelief is shattered to pieces. Logic dictates that they couldn't appear just like that and Sangre himself would've noticed from the start even if they had been hiding behind the walls. Even so, if this was an illusion it was a pretty damn good one as it appealed to each and every of your relevant senses.

    August and Sangre don't take any chances themselves as the both take the initiative and waste not a second to protect their friend and master; they knew through experience and love that this wasn't the time to be idly waiting for orders. Quickly taking action, Sangre begins by flashing a widespread Confuse Ray in an attempt to stun and confuse the rats; August covering your eyes and protectively embracing you to shield you from all harm. Though unable to see, you could hear it apparently working wonders as the Rattatta all started stumbling against one another in a chaotic mess.

    Following up, August proceeds to blast them apart by powerfully blowing with her mighty wings not one, but two devastating Twisters. All hell breaks loose as you find yourself immersed in a thunderous cacophony composed by the howling winds, shrieking Rattatta, and the clash of various unknown objects crashing and breaking against one another from wall to wall. Almost as soon as it started, it was over.

    Absolute silence reigned once again as you soon as the storm ceased. Any audible signs of Rattatta remaining on the room vanished just as suddenly as it had happened. You start hearing the cackling noise of electricity as loose wires made contact with something, but then, almost by art of magic, they stop and the generators start running again as if nothing had happened. How was this possible eluded you, but you didn't get much of a chance to think about it as you hear a voice coming from the opposite obscure end of the basement.

    "Well, well, aren't you a tough one?" It says in an inhuman tongue, and you could recognize to a Ghost Pokémon, a Haunter, if your memory served you right. Despite the fact that it spoke an entirely different language, your familiarity with ghosts allowed you to understand it... and it seemed to be aware of that somehow as it spoke to you so casually.

    "Where you scared?" It continued. "I hope so; my pranks have been losing their edge lately and I fear they're not as terrifying as they used to be... Oh, where are my manners, by the way? Here, allow me to brighten things up for you a bit."

    You see four Will-O-Whisps suddenly pop up and move about slowly to each corner of the room, allowing you clear sight of the gaseous body of a Haunter, staring at you with a naughty smile. The floor was filled with tons of wodden debris, broken glass and twisted metal scattered all over the place, but nary a single Rattatta in sight. The two large, metallic engines look unscathed, and while you were pretty sure they had taken some punishment moments ago, they didn't show any evidence of that anymore, somehow. On close inspection, you notice the floor painted white with a large rune, similar to the one carved on the bedroom's desk.

    Whatever this all meant you now had someone who could perhaps provide some answers. Whether this was friend or foe though, you had yet to determine.

    What will you do?

    ::Wet'n'Wild Recreation Park::

    Mon1010: It was settled, you agreed to come over and have some lunch with your new found friends; what could possibly go wrong? Even Shaana approved, though she still had reservations towards Alice, feeling jealousy towards the amount of attention she was giving you.

    Finally getting off the pool after exchanging a few introductionary words, you all pick your stuff before heading off to the nearby park's restaurant. It was only a short walk from the pool you were in, and, as expected, the outdoor and wooden-furnished dining area was saturated with of people. Fortunate had it that a family had just about finished eating however, leaving a messy but free table for all of you to use; a waitress kindly cleaning it up as soon you all took seat. It seemed the fabled Tony was nowhere in sight yet, but surely he would show up eventually. Meanwhile, the rest of the group made their respective orders and you yourself browse the menu as you overview the relatively limited but delicious looking options of hamburgers, hot dogs, fries and shakes. Alice, Pete and Lucy had all seemed to have taken great interest in you in the short while you known them as they dish out question after question regarding your life, hobbies, tastes and work; looking especially amazed after listening about the details regarding your assistant duties with Professor Fennel. The service was taking ages to get the food ready to you all, and understandably so, but it didn't matter so much as time flew past with such a pleasant talk.

    "Hey! 'Bout time you got here man!" Pete suddenly exclaimed cutting you short and just as the food was being served. You turn around and you see another man, mid-stature but in exceedingly good shape, dressing appropriately with a grey tank top, black trunks, sunglasses and sandals; his shaved head adding a layer of thoughness to his already impressive build. He gives a short upward nod in response before dropping to a chair next to Alice while taking another sip from his cold bottle of beer. Looking at you curiously with a smug grin, he turns then turns to Pete. "Who's that?" he asks ungraciously.

    "That, would be Scott," he replied, frowning a little bit. "He's from Straiton... You ok, by the way?"

    "Huh? Is that so?" Tony looked back at you, not really listening to Pete's last bit.

    "Yeah, Alice met him back at the pool and brought him over; he's pretty chill." Pete continued. Tony nods slowly, carefully observing both you and your Munna and you could feel a bit of disdain in his expression.

    "Come, we have to talk," he turned to Alice as he suddenly got back up to his feet.

    "There's nothing I want to talk about that can't be said here, Anthony," she responded, her once joyful expression having changed to one of annoyance. "The hell's wrong with you, again?"

    "Move!" he exclaimed harshly, grabbing Alice's shoulder and things start getting heated up as she keeps putting up some resistance, Pete and Lucy both calling out to him repeatedly at the same time. The way things are escalating you will probably be involved in some ugly drama.

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Balmund; 24th April 2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Grammar

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: Ambushed by a swarm of Rattatta which seemingly popped out of nowhere, you question out loud the veracity of your current situation as your suspension of disbelief if shattered to pieces. Logic dictates that they couldn't appear just like that and sangre himself would've noticed from the start even if they had been hiding behind the walls. Even so, if this was an illusion it was a pretty damn good one as it appealed to each and every of your relevant senses.

    August and Sangre don't take any chances themselves as the both take the initiative and waste not a second to protect their friend and master; they knew through experience and love that this wasn't the time to be idly waiting for orders. Quickly taking action, Sangre begins by flashing a widespread Confuse Ray in an attempt to stun and confuse the rats; August covering your eyes and protectively embracing you to shield you from all harm. Though unable to see, you could hear it apparently working wonders as the Rattatta all started stumbling against one another in a chaotic mess.

    Following up, August proceeds to blast them apart by powerfully blowing with her mighty wings not one, but two devastating Twisters. All hell breaks loose as you find yourself immersed in a thunderous cacophony composed by the howling winds, shrieking Rattatta, and the clash of various unknown objects crashing and breaking against one another from wall to wall. Almost as soon as it started, it was over.

    Absolute silence reigned once again as you soon as the storm ceased. Any audible signs of Rattatta remaining on the room vanished just as suddenly as it had happened. You start hearing the cackling noise of electricity as loose wires made contact with something, but then, almost by art of magic, they stop and the generators start running again as if nothing had happened. How was this possible eluded you, but you didn't get much of a chance to think about it as you hear a voice coming from the opposite obscure end of the basement.

    "Well, well, aren't you a tough one?" It says in an inhuman tongue, and you could recognize to a Ghost Pokémon, a Haunter, if your memory served you right. Despite the fact that it spoke an entirely different language, your familiarity with ghosts allowed you to understand it... and it seemed to be aware of that somehow as it spoke to you so casually.

    "Where you scared?" It continued. "I hope so; my pranks have been losing their edge lately and I fear they're not as terrifying as they used to be... Oh, where are my manners, by the way? Here, allow me to brighten things up for you a bit."

    You see four Will-O-Whisps suddenly pop up and move about slowly to each corner of the room, allowing you clear sight of the gaseous body of a Haunter, staring at you with a naughty smile. The floor was filled with tons of wodden debris, broken glass and twisted metal scattered all over the place, but nary a single Rattatta in sight. The two large, metallic engines look unscathed, and while you were pretty sure they had taken some punishment moments ago, they didn't show any evidence of that anymore, somehow. On close inspection, you notice the floor painted white with a large rune, similar to the one carved on the bedroom's desk.

    Whatever this all meant you now had someone who could perhaps provide some answers. Whether this was friend or foe though, you had yet to determine.

    What will you do?
    Marion's Pokemon are brutally efficient at defeating the hundreds of tiny, purple assailants; after a cacophony of screeches, harsh wind and the clattering of objects being lifted into the air, the twisters drop and silence once again reigns over the Lighthouse. Normally, one would expect the moans and groans of the downed Rattata, but Marion suspects that the rats were never there to begin with... August, on the other hand, gives Marion a stern, yet concerned look, as if saying, "Why didn't you order us to do something?" Unfortunately, with the darkness obscuring her face, Marion is unable to catch the expression. Of course, August was not to be making faces for long, as the sound of the generators being magically repaired was distracting to all three members of Marion's group; Sangre in particular goes into high alert, lobbing sonar into the air in attempts to locate the source of the movement. Something wasn't right, here... No, not right at all...

    The voice of what sounded like a Haunter broke the silence. Its tone and statements ("Aren't you the clever one," instead of "Aren't you the clever ones,") implied that it was addressing Marion in particular. As it conjures up some Will-O-Wisps to allow for better sight on the part of its "guests," all of Marion's suspicions are confirmed at once: there is a Haunter speaking to them, the Rattata are totally gone as if part of an illusion, and something was definitely, definitely wrong about those generators. The thought strikes Marion like a spark of electricity: what if the generators are an illusion, too? While perhaps not the only explanation, it was certainly clear to Marion that her physical senses cannot be trusted in this place. If those Rattata were any indication, this Haunter is very well-trained in the art of deception and trickery. Though Marion knows that she will have to exercise caution with what is likely a powerful Pokemon, she is also fascinated and intrigued by the Haunter's abilities, and how it fits into the larger context of the Lighthouse's mystery. Also, this strange rune seems to be making a second appearance, as well; this time, it appears to be emblazoned on the floor. It had to mean something, but Marion did not recognize it from her reading. Regardless of what it could mean, the avoidance of the other spirits of this basement area could be the result of whatever that rune symbolized... Chances were good that she wasn't safe at all in this Haunter's company, but Marion had a strange inclination towards dancing with death. August could sense that her trainer was more concerned with satisfying her curiosity than preserving her safety, and inwardly reminded herself that protecting Marion was going to have to be her own priority if Marion was not going to do it herself. August maintains a watchful eye over the situation as it unfolds, ready to strike at any time. Crobat, on the other hand, still seems stuck on the fact that there are no Rattata left. After all, he was hoping to dine on some delectable rodent blood as a reward for protecting his trainer. Where did they go? He flaps around, confused. There had to be at least one left... Did the brutish dragon blow them all away?

    Marion takes a small step forward to greet the Haunter who has materialized before them. She smiles kindly and politely at the spectre before her, showing no traces of fear. Not wanting to appear rude, she addresses his question directly, "Well, you heard my Crobat's scream, yes? You most certainly got a rise out of us! I am most impressed. To be able to confound senses beyond the typical five... Even sonar... That is a talent I do not see often." Marion grins, her eyes glinting with curiosity and interest. "Indeed, where are my manners? Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Marion Ette." She gives a lady-like bow to the ghost-type in front of her. "To whom do I have the honor of referring?"

    [FB || PASBL]

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    Apologies uhhhh. Will update you for next week, but worry not, things will get exciting from now on. /evilgrin

    ::Pieli Harbour::

    Flame Mistress: As the fact of being a victim of theft starts to sink down on your mind, you start swelling up with anger as your head is filled with all kinds of profanities and insults known to you, along with some others discovered in the spur of the moment. Though you kept your thoughts to yourself, anyone passing by could probably easily tell how distressed you were as you stood there throwing a repressed tantrum. You were certain it was Phillip who had played this horrible trick on you, even if you did not see him do it, and you were sure you would at least cause him great harm if you would ever find the boy again.

    You start walking aimlessly as the thought ran wild on your mind, and beside you Flare looked up at you with concern. Finding yourself back at the same bench you had been to, you sit down and bury your head into your hands, completely at a loss of what to do next. Flare tried to comfort you snuggling up to you; while she too was sad and worried for her missing partners, what hurt her the most was to see you in pain. Yet, you wouldn't respond, you had practically lost everything now, what else could you do?

    Your prayers seem to be answered however, as Flare suddenly senses something. Making full use of her sense of smell, the Vulpix hops off the bench and starts looking for the source of the familiar smell. As you follow your movements with your eyes, you end up turning around and see a Meowth a short distance away, barely visible behind some of the few patches of greenery along the way, holding a Heart Scale within its mouth. Flare frowns and barks before dashing towards the cat Pokémon, who wastes not an instant to flee from the Fire-type. Gauging by the way Flare reacted to the wild Meowth, it may have been related in some way with your stolen goods, and seeing how you found yourself at a loss, Flare has apparently decided to take matters into her own paws.

    What will you do?
    For some weird reason I d'awwed at "Flare has apparently decided to take matters into her own paws". Hehe.

    "Flare, it's mean to bark at wild Pokemon like that!" Charlotte exclaimed, scooping Flare up into her arms. "It's very rude, even if you don't like the Meowth, that's bad manners, you should know that..."

    Cogs started to turn inside Charlotte's head. The way Flare barked at the wild Meowth... could it have been related to her stolen goods? Perhaps the Heart Scale the Meowth had been holding had been hers? But she didn't exactly remember there being a Heart Scale in her bag, even though it could be that she just hadn't seen it within the pile of messed up items in her bag... She wondered if Flare had decided to look for the stolen goods and her missing teammates by herself. She couldn't help but feel proud at that; her little baby girl was finally growing up... Well... not exactly, but it was the closest thing.

    Flare prodded Charlotte's chest with her paw, and Charlotte looked down at the Fox Pokemon. "What, you want to follow the Meowth?" she asked. Flare nodded eagerly. Flare must have taken the matters into her own paws, there was no mistake in that. Charlotte nodded in response, and let Flare down onto the ground. Immediately, Flare rushed off at the speed of light down the street. "Hey! Wait up!" Charlotte yelled desperately, trying to keep up with her speedy Vulpix with what little strength she had left. She hadn't noticed that she was so tired; it must have been all the fuss in the last few hours.

    "Say, Flare," Charlotte panted breathlessly when she finally caught up with the still energetic Flare, "if we do find the Meowth... how about we battle it, huh? IT would be fun, don't you think? If maybe, just maybe, we do end up battling that Meowth, use Heat Wave then Crossfire, okay? Make it simple."

    It had only been a few hours since her arrival at Pieli Harbour, yet she already found herself in trouble... Not that it wasn't to be expected.

  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Crater Lake::

    jolteonjak: With the old man walking off to tend to his own duties, you decide to check out your own room upstairs. Grabbing the appropriate key from behind the counter as instructed, you head upstairs while promising your partner a nice walk outside later on along with your other Pokémon. Entering the second room to the right, you find yourself within a moderately small space, and conservatively furnished with a medium-sized bed, a table with an electric lamp, and a thick curtain covering a large window with an amazing view of the lake. In a flash you throw yourself and your bag on to the bed, feeling instant gratification from the matress's firm support and the cozy softness of its cotton blanket.

    Having relaxed for a good while, you get off your bed before sleep could get the better of you, waking up your groggy Cindaquil in the process. You walk downstairs and you see Pedro still standing beside the entrance, almost as if he was paralyzed in time like some statue. Taking a notebook out of your pocket, you take the elder's words to heart and try your best to communicate to the Quagsire in what you think would be his own language, Spanish; explaining how much you would like to walk outside and better explore the area as you did. Much to your surprise, Pedro immediately nods in understanding and starts waving goodbye to you; a response far more positive than anything you had gotten from him so far. As amusing and bizarre as it sounds, perhaps the wild water fish really does know Spanish for some unknown reason after all.

    Once outside you start walking near the edge of the lake, marvelling at its beauty. Its pristine waters allowed you to see in detail the soil beneath the surface, stretching far and deep into a dark blue abyss. A cry from above calls your attention, and as you look upwards you could see the silouette of an imposing Braviary, soaring the skies in search of prey. A part of you hoped it didn't see you as such.

    Finally finding a good spot to stop, you reach for one of your Pokéballs and toss it into the air; the red and white orb bursting mid-air in a flash of light as it releases the gutsy horned-beetle, Heracross. Cyndaquil is quick to greet his newly met partner as it walks up to him; the Bug Pokémon instinctively stepping back in apprehension of the fire mouse. Ordering your Cyndaquil to extinguish his open flames, you apologize to Heracross who seems to calm down a bit, though still remaining wary and distrustful of the Fire-type.

    Calling out to the both of them, you decide it's time to keep exploring and they both nod in agreement, one more enthusiastically then the other. You wouldn't get much of a chance to travel far however, as you spot a pair of Wooper suddenly jump out of the lake, hopping excitedly towards you with big gaping smiles on their faces. You gather they could probably want to play with you a little as they keep jumping up and down like hyperactive Spoink, crying their names repeatedly. One of them abruptly frowns and smirks mischieveously however, and forcefully squirts a Water Gun to your Heracross's face, knocking him over to his back. How low! It seems these Wooper like playing rough, and the question now is on whether you wan to "play" along.

    What will you do?


    I think you over did it a bit too much here, not with Heracross's intro since I do like you writing all you can to develop his character, but rather with the other actions as they do count as self updating. How do you know nothing would've happened in the thirty or so minutes you went to rest, or that nobody would already be there when you reached your room? How would you know Pedro would still be there when you got back down (very likely since he's just that...special, but you get the point)? Still, it's not a big deal, so I'm running with it.
    OOC: Sorry about that. That didn't occur to me. I really wanted to say something to Pedro (yah, I'm weird like that). I hope I didn't screw your plans up too badly! ^^;


    Once Cyndaquil and Heracross had begun to be civil to each other, Chad decided it was time to move on with their exploring. He was worried about Heracross, though. Would he run off? Would he even obey and come back should he run?

    Almost instantly after beginning to walk away, the trio's attention was drawn to the lake as two creatures jump out. The creatures spotted Chad and his friends, and they hopped over to them. Chad stopped walking, as did his Pokemon. Heracross immediately assumed a fighting stance. Chad wasn't sure whether or not they were friendly, but seeing the wide smiles on their faces told him they may not be dangerous. He put his hand on Heracross' shoulder, "Easy big guy. I don't think they want a fight. Let's see who they are." He took his Pokedex out of his pocket and scanned them:

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Wooper, the Water Fish Pokemon. Wooper evolves into Quagsire. When walking on land, it covers its body with a poisonous film that keeps its skin from dehydrating.
    "I hope their skin isn't too poisonous to humans, should they touch me," Chad said to himself. When the Wooper got a little closer to them, they started jumping up and down crazily like their feet had springs in them. They were also speaking their names repeatedly as if they wanted something. "I think maybe they want to play," Chad looked at Heracross and Cyndaquil on either side of him. Cyndaquil stepped forward inquisitively looking at the pair of water fish.

    Chad noticed one of the Wooper had a sly smile on its face. He thought maybe it was up to something. As if on cue, the Wooper fired a Water Gun towards them, and it hit Heracross in the face. The force and the shock of it all caused Heracross to fall on its back.

    "Cross! Hera, he cross!" Heracross frantically cried flailing around on the ground. He was struggling being on his back. Chad and Cyndaquil ran over to his aid, the latter making sure his flames were extinguished. Chad reached out his hands to Heracross to help him up.

    "Are you ok buddy?" he asked concerned. After finally standing his insect up, he took out a handkerchief from his pocket to wipe some of the water off Heracross' face. "There you go."

    Heracross raised his arm as if to push Chad aside, and he stepped forward growling in a low tone, "Crrrrrrosssss." Chad could certainly tell Heracross was angry.

    'Maybe they don't want to play?' Chad thought to himself, wondering what the Wooper's intent was. All of a sudden, Chad remembered Pedro in the lodge. 'Did Pedro know these two? If we attack would Pedro find out somehow and defend the Wooper?' He remembered the book in his back pocket. He took it out and started flipping through the pages frantically. 'Maybe these two only understand Spanish like Pedro. I have to try.'

    "żPor qué hiciste eso a él, Wooper? No queremos que te ataque," Chad said, attempting to speak Spanish again, still poorly as before. "żUstedes dos quieren jugar un juego?" he asked, hoping for the best.

    Even though Chad knew Heracross was itching to fight these two, he worried Pedro would overhear the scuffle. That was one Pokemon whose bad side he did not want to get on. Nevertheless, if the Wooper didn't listen to reason, he would have to defend himself. "Ok, listen up you two. If we have to battle them, I want you both to work together. Heracross, boost your defenses right away with Iron Defense while Leering at the one who attacked you. Finally attack with Horn Attack. Cyndaquil, attack the other one with Extrasensory followed by Hidden Power. If it gets close to you at all use Double Kick."




    Stats

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post

    ::Raikou's Effigy::

    Nightfall715: Having lost track of your Pokémon in the heat of the moment, you call forth for another companion, Lucifer, the Houndour. Though young and inexperienced, the pup had quite the strong personality and almost immediately started dominantly ripping nearby plants in an attempt to look as frightening as he could be. You firmly call to his attention however, to which he settled down and listened attentively. Having given your instructions, the Fire-type scampers immediately in search of the missing Black, using his sensitive sense of smell to track down the familiar scent of the Purrloin. You turn to the man and quickly tell him to follow along before running off with Lucifer.

    "W-wait, wait! Ugh, fine!" he uttered between his teeth, quickly adjusting his large circular glasses and picking up his gear before catching up to you.

    The mist made visibility horrible for you, but you only needed to follow the lead of your Pokémon. You could tell you were now within the outer limits of the surrounding forest. You're halted to a sudden stop however as you encounter a pair of burly men from out of the mist, them both accompanied by Bidoofs by their side. They both look shocked to see you and it's as if they weren't expecting, nor did they want anyone to see them.

    "Hey, what do you think you're doing!" Yells one as he catches sight of you. "Stop right there!"

    You had read about incidences of illegal logging in the area, and chances are they might be up to no good. Though they don't know this, they now stand between yourself and your Pokémon. Perhaps if you play your cards right you may avoid giving off the wrong impresion and move on without any confrontation.

    What will you do?


    Nightfall, while I don't feel I should criticize anyone's writing style, I would like just a little bit more effort from you if possible. Rather than copy-pasting segments from what I write, try to paraphrase in your own words, and maybe even add a bit more detail on your thoughts at what is happening. That can only help you as it gives me more info about you to work on. Just my two cents. ^^
    Alright then...time for me to get on my creative style!

    Sylvia ran off, with Lucifer in full pursuit. Lucifer was pretty good at hunting things down, so this should be a snap. The Houndour bared his teeth in a sneer, and took off at full speed. In the distance, she could hear the mans voice.

    "W-wait, wait! Ugh, fine!" The man was calling, obviously desperate to catch up.

    In the fog, Sylvia could barely see anything. The mist was too thick. She kept constantly bumping into trees.

    After a bit, the fog began to clear a bit, and they could make out two figures with some other smaller figures in the fog. Thinking it was the two pokemon, Sylvia dashed ahead.

    But it wasn't her pokémon.

    It was two men, and they looked a bit like poachers. Two bidoof accompanied them. Sylvia stopped dead in her tracks, while Lucifer went into a low growl. The man that was following you finnaly caught up, face in awe.

    "Hey, what do you think you're doing!" Hollars the first, having a little fear in his voice. Sylvia then knew right then and there that they were 'probably' poachers, as who else would say that? They clearly wern't the sharpest tools in the shed... "Stop right there!"

    Sylvia knew they would have to fight. She looked at the man behind he, still mouth open in awe.

    "Do you have any pokémon of your own?" Asked Sylvia, fear gone. "We have to fight."

    Without waiting for an answer, she called out to Lucifer -

    "Fire Spin, at as many Bidoof as you can!"

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

    A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.
    Laguna Peninsula
    The Laguna Peninsula, also known as "Pirate Isle", is mainly forest and is famous for once harbouring a particularly nasty clan of pirates whose treasure is rumoured to still be hidden away somewhere in the vicinity. The peninsula is located on the south east end of Whale Island and although the pirates have long since vacated the land, they've certainly left their mark. Other than a rest house occupied by the peninsula's caretaker, there are no other dwellings here, the entire peninsula being under the protection of the Whale Island Conservation Society (WICS). It is said secret hideouts are cleverly hidden everywhere, so even if you're not aware of it you'll definitely have passed several of them if you're to take a scenic walk across the peninsula. Visit Pirate Isle and you'll be in for a jolly good time.

    Laguna Lake: A freshwater lake where the local Pokémon come to drink. People will often picnic here while trainers are more interested in seeing the kinds of Pokémon the lake attracts.


    "Wow," TA said as he glanced out at the lake. The water was crystal clear, and the waves lapped gently at his feet on the sandy shores. "This is awesome." TA's Treecko stood next to him and played with his Miracle Seed while he looked at the water. The wind blew clouds across the sky, giving the water an even more mystifying appearance. "Which way do you think we should go, Nav?"

    "Treecko," Nav said with a shrug. He walked up to the water and started to splash around. TA chuckled and looked at the surrounding area, trying to decide which way to travel. Unable to come to a decision, he chose randomly.

    "Let's head left, Nav." The Treecko looked up from the water and jumped up to follow his trainer. The two started to walk to their left, heading clockwise along the bank.

    Stats in sig.
    My fan-fic(Credit to Gelatino95 at Crazy Dragon Graphics for the userbar) Author's profile
    And here's an awesome RPG. It has dinosaurs!And a sprite comic, because I can't draw!

    Please click my dragon(s)!

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    274

    Default Whale Island Adventures: Batch 6

    Welcome to MarbleZone and Charminions, I hope you have a blast here. treecko's awesomeness I will also accept, but after you I will be oficially capped until further notice. jolteonjak, your update is actually written up already... in a notebook. Life issues prevented me from writing it here in time, but I will include it in the next batch instead. Sorry! o///o Nightfall, yours will also be up next week.

    ::Pieli Harbour::

    Flame Mistress: You didn't quite remember the Heart Scale being a part of your stuff, but seeing the way flare acted towards the Meowth definitely got a few cogs turning within your head as you wondered if perhaps it had something to do with your stolen goods. A part of you felt proud at the fire fox's initiative, and seeing how eager she was to set chase you allow her to do her stuff, the Vulpix rushing in hot pursuit of the Meowth at breakneck speed. You try your hardest to keep up, and it definitely was no easy task as you feel the exhaustion built up throughout the day weigh down on you now like a bag of rocks. You call out to your Pokémon and she stops for a moment waiting for you to finally catch up. Though panting breathlesly, you give Flare battle instructions for whenever she finds the wild feline, and she assertively nods in understanding, rushing once again as she followed the trace of her target.

    Though feeling tired beyond measure, the excitement of the moment brought you newfound energy, and while you falled behind more and more, you manage to keep your Pokémon within your sight as you followed her lead. The more you ran, the further and further away you wandered off from crowded areas, and before you knew it, you found yourself within the city, nearly passing out from exhasution on a deserted alley as you heart throbbed intensely as if it were to burst out of your chest at any given second. Before you stood Flare, who looked up a dumpster at the dead end of the alleyway, carefully watching the Meowth who sat on top, eyeing you both intesely.

    "Well, what do we have here, Stimpy?" you hear the voice of a man coming from behind and as you turn around you see two men walking into the alley.

    "Looks like a little girl, Ren. She dresses nice." answered the chubby one with an obscenely large nose to his scrawny, bulb-eyed friend.

    "A lot better than many of the brats here, Stimpy, and look, a Vulpix! Ohh, the tails of those sell for so much over here." He grinned maliciously, a Pokéball enlarging in his hand before he released the beast within, a fierce looking Raticate shrieking and gnawing intimidatingly before you. "Now, stay quiet and you won't get hurt, kid. Uncle Ren will take real good care of you now."

    Could things get any worse? Moments ago you had just been a victim of theft, and now... well, only Arceus knows what these men have in store for you and your partner. Behind you Meowth still looked on and watched how the events unfolded before it. Nowhere left to run, but with only Flare by your side, this would hardly be a fair fight, but you had to do something.

    What will you do?

    MarbleZone: It was quite a change of pace for you as you strolled through the ever-popular Pieli Harbour. Your last adventure wasn't nearly as fulfilling as you yourself lost on a hailstorm while training at Glacier Island, a thing which your Minccino still greatly resented. In contrast, the nice and warm weather of Whale Island felt like paradise, and while it still didn't quite make up for the previous mess, it at least was a right step forward towards reconciliation for the little chinchilla. Along with you also tagged along two newly hatched additions to your team, a very jovial Gible and a brave Elekid, both siblings at heart having been hatched on the same day, and neither having any real experience in this world as of yet. Being in expert hands, they were sure to become powerful allies, but even if they didn't Min at least appreciated the company.

    Looking around the ever-active docks, your eyes are certainly pleased as you see all the people walk around lightly dressed in accordance with the warm weather, and what better way to enjoy yourself if not with some quality ice cream? the place was legendary for its ever-coveted creamy, icy goodness after all. It wasn't hard to find an ice cream stand, and, as expected, the line forming in front of it was as legendary as the treat itself. As many good things in life though, you would have to patiently take your time, but oh would it be well worth the wait, even if it meant being char-broiled to perfection under the sun's implacable rays.

    Whatever time you spent waiting in line is sent entirely to waste however, as you see the stand's employee suddenly close shop and desperately explain the customers why they weren't serving ice cream anymore. Something was going on, but whatever had happened it only got the entire line raving mad, and the poor children crying unconsolably as they realized they had waited in vain. Your squad certainly didn't look happy either, their hopes for a delicious and refreshing meal shattered in a matter of seconds. Whether you would join in the crowd's angry uproar, or move on to something else was up to you, but a taste of the Classic pieli would unfortunately be post-poned.

    What will you do?

    uhhhh: Not wanting to be rude, you decide to stay and wait for Angie to come back. It wasn't like the event was going anywhere, and besides, this way you wouldn't risk getting lost again.

    "Oh, you're sweet," she smiled, "but don't think I'll give you preference come judging time for this!" she giggled half-jokingly.

    Following Kim's lead, you head towards one of the restaurant's cheap plastic tables before taking seat on one of the slightly unsteady plastic chairs. With no real indoor space and only a fabric roof and some fans to combat the daylight heat, it was clear that very little was invested in this place, and yet, it didn't seem to starve for customers as you see several tables filled with tourists who happily gorged up on bucketfulls of perfectly steamed Krabby, seasoned generously with lime, garlic and herbs, and accompanied with tons of melted butter to dip it in; a mouth-watering sight. At least the food seemed to have some quality to it, despite the questionable sanitary conditions. Having waited for barely a minute, a waitress soon shows up to take orders, looking a bit spaced out and apathetic.

    "Hi, um, what flavored sodas do you have?" Kim quickly asked, the waitress sighing discreetly and you could see her almost roll her eyes as she answered.

    "Fizzy, Fizzy Diet, Fizzy Zero, Cola, Ginger, Orange, Apple, Strawberry, Pineapple, Root Beer, Tamarind..." she went on, struggling a bit to remember them all.

    "Hmmm... I'll have a bottle of fresh water, please, and whatever he wants too." Kim said, the waitress jotting it down and looking rather unamused as she did.

    "Is that all?" the waitress asked, hoping she would leave soon.

    "Yeah... oh no, wait! Where's the restroom here, by the way?" Kim asked.

    "Walk all the way down back on the side, just behind the restau-" the waitress started explaining until she was suddenly interrupted by the crackling sound of shattering glass from from that same direction. Everybody turning around and murmuring to one another, you wonder just exactly what had happened. Wasn't Angie supposed to be there?

    What will you do?

    ::Seaside City::

    Charminions: Used to the more simple lifestyle of the Hoenn farmlands, both you and your partner, Apollo, find yourselves awestruck by what you saw as you walked through the never-sleeping Seaside City; tall, glass skycrapers and all sorts of other buildings standing proud and grand wherever you laid your eyes upon. There's good reason for Seaside City to be considered the most attractive city on all of Whale Island for tourists, and you could see why! As you stroll its ample streets so did a vast number of other people who went on about their respective business, going in and out of the many buildings, shops and restaurants. A bit of everything for everyone, that was Seaside.

    Stopping at a nearby park, you sit on a bench to rest for a bit, wondering about where to even start with the many things to do in the city. Turning to Apollo for his opinion, the Combusken only shrugs in response, content for the time being with dozing off lazily as he watched the other passerby play around in the park.

    "Oh, la, la! Aren't you the charming fellow?" You suddenly hear someone speak to you and as you turn around you see a young woman with short blonde hair, dressing a bit out of place with a long skirt, a short-sleeved scarlet shirt and a black beret. To her side stood a Mr. Mime, wearing an identical beret to that of its owner.

    "Non, non, speak not a word," she continued, "I know your type; a young energetic soul eager to find something to do but lacking the proper direction. I say, within you must lie the heart of an artiste, I know! Here, take this!" she handed a brochure to you. "Be sure to visit us at the Théâtre des Mimes. It will be a unique experience for anyone and we're offering free sessions this week. Je m'appelle Chléo, and this is my friend, Mademoiselle Mime. With that said, I must go. Au revoir!" she toddled off, stopping once to hand another brochure to some other person.

    "Pfft, mimes!" you hear another voice speaking to you again, and this time you see a large man dressing casually with shirt and jeans, but wearing a very non-casual and colorful luchador mask. In his company stood a Machoke, wearing a just as colorful mask of its own.

    "Say not a word! I can feel it! You must be of the farmlands like myself. Listen, only one thing can truly fill the hearts of simple men like us, and that is lucha libre! Here, take this!" he hands a brochure to you. "Pay us a visit at Wake's School of Pro Wrestling. We're offering free classes for begginers. What better way to bond with your fighting partner than within a wrestling ring? You won't regret it! Now, I must stop that crazy woman from spreading the madness of mimedom. Come, Santos Jr!" he then walks away, his Machoke giving an energetic cry in agreement.

    Quite a wierd encounter, but also how curious how this happened just as you sat there with nothing to do. Looking at the two brochures, you at least now had some idea, and it wouldn't hurt to give it a try, right?

    What will you do?

    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: There was no denying the Rattatta were an illusion by now, but going by how real it felt, you were pretty sure its creator must likely be a very powerful being and an expert in the art of deception and trickery. In truth, how could you trust any of your senses now? It may well be that everything that you saw and heard was but another illusion too. You know you had to excersice caution, but at the same time you felt great curiosity and fascination towards the Haunter's abilities and about what kind of relationship it may have with the mystery of the lighthouse. August however was putting your safety in the highest of priorities, and kept a watchful eye at every one of the Haunter's movements, ready to strike at the slightest sign of danger. Sangre on the other hand was still thoroughly confused at the lack of Rattatta. Why wasn't there at least one remaining? His sonar sense wouldn't betray him like that, would it? And he was so looking forward for a nice meal...

    Taking a small step forward, you introduce yourself gracefully and politely, but not before first addressing his question, admiting how impressed you were at the quality of its talent; the Huanter looking visibly pleased as its grin widened even further.

    "Marion... I like that name!" he responded in delight. "I'm glad at least someone could appreciate my gift. The mind is said to be greatest trap of them all, you see. Play with someone's mind and there won't be a thing you can't make them do or believe. Ah, but I digress! To whom you are referring to, you asked. That... the answer to that would be... a secret!" he wiggled his ethereal finger from side to side.

    "There's a lot of power to be found in knowledge and words. Even knowing something as simple as somene else's name and identity can give you power over that person. Don't you agree? 'Who I am' is one of my most valuable treasures, and I do not reveal that easily. You could call me 'Haunter' if you wish, for before your eyes that is what I am. That wouldn't be enough for someone like you though, would it? You're thirsty for knowledge, I can tell, and I bet you'd like to know what knowledge I have to offer. That said, now I ask this, do you like games, Marion?

    It begged the question, just what kind of games is it talking about? It seems you could get alot out of him, but you could be getting into some serious trouble here.

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Balmund; 1st May 2012 at 6:41 PM. Reason: Grammar

  8. #233
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    6,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Wet'n'Wild Recreation Park::

    Mon1010: It was settled, you agreed to come over and have lunch with your new found friends; what could possibly go wrong? Even Shaana approved. Though she still had reservations towards Alice, feeling jealousy towards the amount of attention she was giving you.

    Finally getting off the pool after exchanging a few introductionary words, you all pick up your stuff before heading off to the nearby park's restaurant. It was only a short walk from the pool you were in, and, as expected, the outdoor and wooden furnished dining area was saturated with of people. Fortunate had it that a family had just about finished eating however, leaving a messy but free table for all of you to use; a waitress kindly cleaning it up as soon as you took seat. It seemed the fabled Tony was nowhere in sight yet, but surely he would show up eventually. Meanwhile, the rest of the group made their respective orders and you yourself browse the menu as you overview the relatively limited but delicious looking options of hamburgers, hot dogs, fries, and shakes. Alice, Pete, and Lucy all seemed to have taken great interest in you in the short while you known them as they dish out question after question regarding your life, hobbies, tastes, and work; looking especially amazed after listening about the details regarding your assistant duties with Professor Fennel. The service was taking ages to get the food ready to you all, and understandably so, but it didn't matter so much, time flew past with such pleasant talk.

    "Hey!' Bout time you got here man!" Pete suddenly exclaimed, cutting you short as the food was being served. You turn around and you see another man, mid-stature but in exceedingly good shape, dressing appropriately with a grey tank top, black trunks, sunglasses and sandals; his shaved head adding a layer of toughness to his already impressive build. He gives a short upward nod in response before dropping to a chair next to Alice while taking another sip from his cold bottle of beer. Looking at you curiously with a smug grin he turns then turns to Pete, "Who's that?" he asks ungraciously.

    "That, would be Scott." he replied, frowning a little bit. "He's from Straiton... You ok, by the way?"

    "Huh? Is that so?" Tony looked back at you, not really listening to Pete's last bit.

    "Yeah, Alice met him back at the pool and brought him over; he's pretty chill." Pete continued. Tony nods slowly, carefully observing both you and your Munna could feel a bit of disdain in his expression.

    "Come, we have to talk." he turned to Alice as he suddenly got back up to his feet.

    "There's nothing I want to talk about that can't be said here, Anthony." she responded, her once joyful expression having changed to one of annoyance. "The hell's wrong with you, again?"

    "Move!" he exclaimed harshly, grabbing Alice's shoulder and things start getting heated up as she keeps putting up some resistance, Pete and Lucy both calling out to him repeatedly at the same time. The way things are escalating you will probably be involved in some ugly drama.

    What will you do?
    Things were going smoothly so far. After leaving the pool, and getting their stuff, the group went to the park's restaurant a short walk away from the pool. The place was crowded as it could possibly be, but that was to be expected. Theme Park restaurants always seemed to be crowded. Fortunately, a family left soon after Scott and his new friends arrived, freeing up a table. They left a mess behind, but a waitress cleaned up as everyone sat down.

    After everyone had placed their orders, more conversation began. Pete, Lucy, and Alice seemed very interested in what Scott had to say. They were particularly amazed by his assistant duties with Professor Fennel. Who wouldn't be interested in that? The Professor may be a bit...eccentric at times, but her work is fascinating. Particularly the part about using Dream Mist to discover a world made of the dreams of Pokemon, even if it does sound a bit farfetched. It was a great conversation starter. The food was taking it's sweet time to get here, but it really didn't matter that much.

    Then he showed up. That Tony person whom they were supposed to meet here. Just as the food got here too. The man looked like he could kick Scott's a** with ease, and Scott was intimidated. Hopefully his opinion of him would be wrong...

    It didn't look like that would be the case. He could sense some disdain in his tone when he asked Pete who he was, and by the way he looked at him. Then, Tony immediately got up, and wanted to pull Alice aside. Alice however was not having it. Things quickly started to get heated.

    Scott could recognize what was going on. Alice and Tony probably had some "history" together, that most likely did not end well. This type of thing only seemed to happen in TV shows. He never thought he'd experience this in real life. He almost wanted to walk away, but that would be mean. He couldn't leave his new friend in this situation. He also didn't want things to escalate to physical violence either. Scott knew that if he and Tony came to blows, Scott would definitely not walk away unharmed.

    Thinking quickly, he pulled out a Premier Ball from his pocket, and let out another one of his Pokemon, a Togepi he named Angela. When she came out of the ball, she looked around and wondered where she was. This was the first time Scott had ever used her since adopting her a few months ago. She had been pampered by the employees at the Day Care Center and Beauty Salon during the time leading up to now.

    Scott picked up Angela, and gestured to Shaana to sit on his head. He gulped loudly as he slowly walked up to Tony. "Excuse me, what seems to be the problem here?" Scott asked him. Somehow, his Pokemon seemed to get what Scott was thinking when he sent them both out. Shaana and Angela smiled and batted their eyes. Angela in particular had turned on her Charm. He hoped this brute had some decency, and wouldn't hit a guy carrying cute Pokemon.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 9th May 2012 at 12:43 AM.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post


    MarbleZone: It was quite a change of pace for you as you strolled through the ever-popular Pieli Harbour. Your last adventure wasn't nearly as fulfilling as you yourself lost on a hailstorm while training at Glacier Island, a thing which your Minccino still greatly resented. In contrast, the nice and warm weather of Whale Island felt like paradise, and while it still didn't quite make up for the previous mess, it at least was a right step forward towards reconciliation for the little chinchilla. Along with you also tagged along two newly hatched additions to your team, a very jovial Gible and a brave Elekid, both siblings at heart having been hatched on the same day, and neither having any real experience in this world as of yet. Being in expert hands, they were sure to become powerful allies, but even if they didn't Min at least appreciated the company.

    Looking around the ever-active docks, your eyes are certainly pleased as you see all the people walk around lightly dressed in accordance with the warm weather, and what better way to enjoy yourself if not with some quality ice cream? the place was legendary for its ever-coveted creamy, icy goodness after all. It wasn't hard to find an ice cream stand, and, as expected, the line forming in front of it was as legendary as the treat itself. As many good things in life though, you would have to patiently take your time, but oh would it be well worth the wait, even if it meant being char-broiled to perfection under the sun's implacable rays.

    Whatever time you spent waiting in line is sent entirely to waste however, as you see the stand's employee suddenly close shop and desperately explain the customers why they weren't serving ice cream anymore. Something was going on, but whatever had happened it only got the entire line raving mad, and the poor children crying unconsolably as they realized they had waited in vain. Your squad certainly didn't look happy either, their hopes for a delicious and refreshing meal shattered in a matter of seconds. Whether in the crowds angry uproar, or move on to something else was up to you, but a taste of the Classic pieli would unfortunately be post-poned.

    What will you do?
    "Well this is a promising start..." muttered Levin, whose wave of bad luck just didn't seem to end. At least this time around it wasn't his fault; now to get that across to Minccino...

    Disheartened, he began to walk away. Pieli Harbour was a lively place, and he was sure to find entertainment elsewhere; besides having just dropped off Gible at the nearby Move Tutor, he couldn't wander too far off before picking him up. Well, he could, but he had grown affectionate of the hatchling, even with its curious habit of sleeve-biting (that could become dangerous if it evolved...); it didn't feel right to leave him under the care of some stranger for too long, even if the Move Tutor was a certified Busy Fubbles establishment.

    However, after a few short steps, he found himself unable to just leave the scene altogether. Something wasn't right about that ice cream shop closing, and who knows, maybe he could help somehow. This wasn't for the ice cream, it was for each and every one of those poor, crying women and children whose dreams had been crushed! And if he was rewarded a free serving of ice cream, maybe his Pokémon wouldn't lynch him.

    Making his way through the raucous crowd (seriously, how many people gathered to complain about ice cream?!), he tried to walk up to the clerk.
    As he finally reached the door, several elbows to the face later, Levin approached the employee, who clearly had his hands full with some particularly enthusiastic complainers.
    "Excuse me mister. Has something happened? I was wondering if there was anything a Pokémon League Official Trainer..." he made sure to stress the latter "... could do to help."
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 7th May 2012 at 2:48 PM.

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: There was no denying the Rattatta were an illusion by now, but going by how real it felt, you were pretty sure its creator must likely be a very powerful being and an expert in the art of deception and trickery. In truth, how could you trust any of your senses now? It may well be that everything that you saw and heard was but another illusion too. You know you had to excersice caution, but at the same time you felt great curiosity and fascination towards the Haunter's abilities and about what kind of relationship it may have with the mystery of the lighthouse. August in however was putting your safety in the highest of priorities, and kept a watchful eye at every one of the Haunter's movements, ready to strike at the slightest sign of danger. Sangre on the other hand was still thoroughly confused at the lack of Rattatta. Why wasn't there at least one remaining? His sonar sense wouldn't betray him like that, would it? And he was so looking forward for a nice meal...

    Taking a small step forward, you introduce yourself gracefully and politely, but not before first addressing his question, admiting how impressed you were at the quality of its talent; the Huanter looking visibly pleased as its grin widened even further.

    "Marion... I like that name!" he responded in delight. "I'm glad at least someone could appreciate my gift. The mind is said to be greatest trap of them all, you see. Play with someone's mind and there won't be a thing you can't make them do or believe. Ah, but I digress! To whom you are referring to, you asked. That... the answer to that would be... a secret!" he wiggled his ethereal finger from side to side.

    "There's a lot of power to be found in knowledge and words. Even knowing something as simple as somene else's name and identity can give you power over that person. Don't you agree? 'Who I am' is one of my most valuable treasures, and I do not reveal that easily. You could call me 'Haunter' if you wish, for before your eyes that is what I am. That wouldn't be enough for someone like you though, would it? You're thirsty for knowledge, I can tell, and I bet you'd like to know what knowledge I have to offer. That said, now I ask this, do you like games, Marion?

    It begged the question, just what kind of games is it talking about? It seems you could get alot out of him, but you could be getting into some serious trouble here.

    What will you do?
    Sangre, still flapping around and looking, finally realizes that there must be some connection with the Rattata's disappearance and the arrival of the Haunter. He decides that the ghostly apparition must have taken all the Rattatas away - for some crazy ghostie-ritual, no doubt. Satisfied with this explanation, Sangre turns to the Haunter, decides that he cannot drink the blood of something that is already dead, and phases out of the conversation, dreaming of adorable Bunearies and cute Skitties prancing through the fields... and then having their blood viciously sucked dry, accompanied by incredibly pained, yet devastatingly short screams of agony. Yum.

    Marion blushes when Haunter exclaims that he likes her name. August notes this, and thinks to herself that her trainer is far too easily flattered. Perhaps the result of not being exposed to flesh-and-blood human beings made her ultra-sensitive to any sort of warmth, physical or otherwise... Either way, August hopes that Marion will not let this Haunter's charm bewitch her. Marion, meanwhile, is intrigued by the Haunter's statements. He seems to know a great deal about her identity already. His immediate identification of her thirst for knowledge implied that he could either read her intention, or that he had been watching her before she even entered the lighthouse... neither explanation provided any comfort. In fact, his knowledge of her, and how much he could grasp about her identity already, implied that the danger may even be more severe than originally thought. No matter! Danger was a wonderful playmate, a beautiful, unpredictable lover... The evil twin brother of opportunity.

    "You speak the truth, Haunter. We are trapped within our bodies by our senses, both in terms of physical sense of the world, and also sense of self. Our selves, physical and mental... our identities are the only thing separating and protecting ourselves from the rest of the world, or, at least, allowing us to pretend that we can do so. Illusion, done correctly, can unravel more than just a person's surroundings... It can unravel their very being. Haha, but what am I saying? I am certain you know that fact far more intimately than I." Marion chuckles a bit. "It is indeed a pleasure to meet you. As for your game, oh, I am sure you know how enticed I am to play, but I must inquire as to the rules. After all, wouldn't want to be caught cheating unintentionally, now, would I?" Marion grins impishly. If she truly grasps the danger of her current situation, she does not show it outwardly. Then again, Marion certainly knew that with every game, there were consequences for losing...

    [FB || PASBL]

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Pieli Harbour::

    uhhhh: Not wanting to be rude, you decide to stay and wait for Angie to come back. It wasn't like the event was going anywhere, and besides, this way you wouldn't risk getting lost again.

    "Oh, you're sweet," she smiled, "but don't think I'll give you preference come judging time for this!" she giggled half-jokingly.

    Following Kim's lead, you head towards one of the restaurant's cheap plastic tables before taking seat on one of the slightly unsteady plastic chairs. With no real indoor space and only a fabric roof and some fans to combat the daylight heat, it was clear that very little was invested in this place, and yet, it didn't seem to starve for customers as you see several tables filled with tourists who happily gorged up on bucketfulls of perfectly steamed Krabby, seasoned generously with lime, garlic and herbs, and accompanied with tons of melted butter to dip it in; a mouth-watering sight. At least the food seemed to have some quality to it, despite the questionable sanitary conditions. Having waited for barely a minute, a waitress soon shows up to take orders, looking a bit spaced out and apathetic.

    "Hi, um, what flavored sodas do you have?" Kim quickly asked, the waitress sighing discreetly and you could see her almost roll her eyes as she answered.

    "Fizzy, Fizzy Diet, Fizzy Zero, Cola, Ginger, Orange, Apple, Strawberry, Pineapple, Root Beer, Tamarind..." she went on, struggling a bit to remember them all.

    "Hmmm... I'll have a bottle of fresh water, please, and whatever he wants too." Kim said, the waitress jotting it down and looking rather unamused as she did.

    "Is that all?" the waitress asked, hoping she would leave soon.

    "Yeah... oh no, wait! Where's the restroom here, by the way?" Kim asked.

    "Walk all the way down back on the side, just behind the restau-" the waitress started explaining until she was suddenly interrupted by the crackling sound of shattering glass from from that same direction. Everybody turning around and murmuring to one another, you wonder just exactly what had happened. Wasn't Angie supposed to be there?

    What will you do?
    "Oh, you're sweet," Kim said as she smiled, "but don't think I'll give you preference come judging time for this!" she giggled half-jokingly. Connor grinned, "Heh, wasn't expecting to. I'd be insulted if you actually did!" he retorted as he laughed with Gaspard. "Well then, let's go in and buy Angie a drink, shall we?" he said to her as they went in the establishment and took a seat at a nearby plastic chairs.

    Connor observed the place while they were waiting. The place didn't exactly look like a restaurant as most of the things on the restaurant looked cheap. With only a fabric roof and some fans, you can totally see how much they invested into building this restaurant, which is to say, not much. Foster looked unimpressed at the place as he was actually agreeing with Kim about this, and understandably so. What's surprising about this place however was that customers around them actually seemed to enjoy the food as a plate of steamed Krabby was being devoured by some of the customers in one table. "Well, at least the food here looks good and the people around here seem to like it," he said as a waiter finally approached the two, ready to take orders though her face suggest otherwise.

    "Hi, um, what flavored sodas do you have?" Kim quickly asked, the waitress sighing discreetly as she rolled her eyes and answered. "Fizzy, Fizzy Diet, Fizzy Zero, Cola, Ginger, Orange, Apple, Strawberry, Pineapple, Root Beer, Tamarind..." she continued on and looked like as if she was struggling to remember them all. "A new employee?" Connor thought. "Hmmm... I'll have a bottle of fresh water, please, and whatever he wants too." Kim said. "Oh, I'll have two Fizzys, an orange juice for Gaspard here, and..." he turned to Foster who just shook his head, not wanting a drink. "...that would be all from me," Connor finished. "Is that all?" the waitress asked, hoping she would leave soon. "Yeah... oh no, wait! Where's the restroom here, by the way?" Kim asked. "Walk all the way down back on the side, just behind the restau-"

    The waitress was interrupted by the sound of what seemed to be shattered glass. Everyone in the restaurant felt unease at the sound as Connor and Kim hear murmurs around them. "Wait, that's where the restroom is right?" Connor asked as Foster phased out, disappearing from everyone's sight, as he went to the source of the noise. "Wha- wait Foster, come back!" Connor got up from his seat as he just saw his Pokemon go to the restroom. Gaspard leapt up to Connor's shoulder, looking confused as to what was happening. "I don't know what's going on either, but we should at least check up on Angie too. Let's go follow Foster and see what's going on." he then turned to face Kim, "Hey Kim, let's check up on Angie and make sure she's alright. I don't know about you, but I have a bad feeling about this..." he said.

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    Welcome to MarbleZone and Charminions, I hope you have a blast here. treecko's awesomeness I will also accept, but after you I will be oficially capped until further notice. jolteonjak, your update is actually written up already... in a notebook. Life issues prevented me from writing it here in time, but I will include it in the next batch instead. Sorry! o///o Nightfall, yours will also be up next week.

    ::Pieli Harbour::

    Flame Mistress: You didn't quite remember the Heart Scale being a part of your stuff, but seeing the way flare acted towards the Meowth definitely got a few cogs turning within your head as you wondered if perhaps it had something to do with your stolen goods. A part of you felt proud at the fire fox's initiative, and seeing how eager she was to set chase you allow her to do her stuff, the Vulpix rushing in hot pursuit of the Meowth at breakneck speed. You try your hardest to keep up, and it definitely was no easy task as you feel the exhaustion built up throughout the day weigh down on you now like a bag of rocks. You call out to your Pokémon and she stops for a moment waiting for you to finally catch up. Though panting breathlesly, you give Flare battle instructions for whenever she finds the wild feline, and she assertively nods in understanding, rushing once again as she followed the trace of her target.

    Though feeling tired beyond measure, the excitement of the moment brought you newfound energy, and while you falled behind more and more, you manage to keep your Pokémon within your sight as you followed her lead. The more you ran, the further and further away you wandered off from crowded areas, and before you knew it, you found yourself within the city, nearly passing out from exhasution on a deserted alley as you heart throbbed intensely as if it were to burst out of your chest at any given second. Before you stood Flare, who looked up a dumpster at the dead end of the alleyway, carefully watching the Meowth who sat on top, eyeing you both intesely.

    "Well, what do we have here, Stimpy?" you hear the voice of a man coming from behind and as you turn around you see two men walking into the alley.

    "Looks like a little girl, Ren. She dresses nice." answered the chubby one with an obscenely large nose to his scrawny, bulb-eyed friend.

    "A lot better than many of the brats here, Stimpy, and look, a Vulpix! Ohh, the tails of those sell for so much over here." He grinned maliciously, a Pokéball enlarging in his hand before he released the beast within, a fierce looking Raticate shrieking and gnawing intimidatingly before you. "Now, stay quiet and you won't get hurt, kid. Uncle Ren will take real good care of you now."

    Could things get any worse? Moments ago you had just been a victim of theft, and now... well, only Arceus knows what these men have in store for you and your partner. Behind you Meowth still looked on and watched how the events unfolded before it. Nowhere left to run, but with only Flare by your side, this would hardly be a fair fight, but you had to do something.

    What will you do?
    You, sir, are the most evil creature I have ever seen. =<

    It certainly didn't seem like the skies were on her side today. First, a victim of theft, now a victim of... who knows what. But Charlotte knew that she had to somehow get out of there.

    As she stared at the gigantic, malicious-looking Raticate, which was baring its yellow, grimy fangs, she shuddered and stood there, immobilised, speechless and helpless, trying to think of a good way to escape from this situation. Practically combing through her brain, mind, and memories for any solutions, she started brainstorming in her head, but after a full 2.58 seconds, she still hadn't thought of anything, and knowing that she was running out of time, she began panicking, while another 3.42 seconds went by. That was five whole priceless seconds wasted, and Charlotte knew that she probably didn't have much time - a matter of seconds, actually - before the Raticate unleashed its fangs unto her.

    However, just when she was about to give up, her mother's distant yet strangely clear voice echoed in her ears. If a man's about to rape you, kick him in the groin and run away as fast as you can, and call the police! Sure, she probably wasn't going to get raped, and she wasn't exactly in a position to kick the crooks in the groin, let alone call the police, but she had an alternative to this. "Flare, Quick Attack on those men's groins, then use Hypnosis on both of them as well!"

    Well, it was this or nothing. Charlotte felt incredibly stupid, but sometimes, you had to be incredibly stupid like this.

    Especially when you were about to lose your best friend.

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    Welcome to MarbleZone and Charminions, I hope you have a blast here. treecko's awesomeness I will also accept, but after you I will be oficially capped until further notice.

    ::Seaside City::

    Charminions: Used to the more simple lifestyle of the Hoenn farmlands, both you and your partner, Apollo, find yourselves awestruck by what you saw as you walked through the never-sleeping Seaside City; tall, glass skycrapers and all sorts of other buildings standing proud and grand wherever you laid your eyes upon. There's good reason for Seaside City to be considered the most attractive city on all of Whale Island for tourists, and you could see why! As you stroll its ample streets so did a vast number of other people who went on about their respective business, going in and out of the many buildings, shops and restaurants. A bit of everything for everyone, that was Seaside.

    Stopping at a nearby park, you sit on a bench to rest for a bit, wondering about where to even start with the many things to do in the city. Turning to Apollo for his opinion, the Combusken only shrugs in response, content for the time being with dozing off lazily as he watched the other passerby play around in the park.

    "Oh, la, la! Aren't you the charming fellow?" You suddenly hear someone speak to you and as you turn around you see a young woman with short blonde hair, dressing a bit out of place with a long skirt, a short-sleeved scarlet shirt and a black beret. To her side stood a Mr. Mime, wearing an identical beret to that of its owner.

    "Non, non, speak not a word," she continued, "I know your type; a young energetic soul eager to find something to do but lacking the proper direction. I say, within you must lie the heart of an artiste, I know! Here, take this!" she handed a brochure to you. "Be sure to visit us at the Théâtre des Mimes. It will be a unique experience for anyone and we're offering free sessions this week. Je m'appelle Chléo, and this is my friend, Mademoiselle Mime. With that said, I must go. Au revoir!" she toddled off, stopping once to hand another brochure to some other person.

    "Pfft, mimes!" you hear another voice speaking to you again, and this time you see a large man dressing casually with shirt and jeans, but wearing a very non-casual and colorful luchador mask. In his company stood a Machoke, wearing a just as colorful mask of its own.

    "Say not a word! I can feel it! You must be of the farmlands like myself. Listen, only one thing can truly fill the hearts of simple men like us, and that is lucha libre! Here, take this!" he hands a brochure to you. "Pay us a visit at Wake's School of Pro Wrestling. We're offering free classes for begginers. What better way to bond with your fighting partner than within a wrestling ring? You won't regret it! Now, I must stop that crazy woman from spreading the madness of mimedom. Come, Santos Jr!" he then walks away, his Machoke giving an energetic cry in agreement.

    Quite a wierd encounter, but also how curious how this happened just as you sat there with nothing to do. Looking at the two brochures, you at least now had some idea, and it wouldn't hurt to give it a try, right?

    What will you do?
    Awesome, thanks so much!

    Just as Charm began reaching the land of boredom, he hears "Oh, la, la! Aren't you the charming fellow?" from what seems to be a woman. He turns around to confirm who it was, seeing a short blonde-haired girl with a black beret, red shirt, and an abnormally long skirt. Beside her was a Mr. Mime. She obviously isn't from around here, either he thinks to himself. Maybe she's looking for a battle? Charm instinctively thinks as sets his mind into battle mode, being cautious of the woman. Just as he's about to say something he is immediately stopped.

    "Non, non, speak not a word," she said, "I know your type; a young energetic soul eager to find something to do but lacking the proper direction. I say, within you must lie the heart of an artiste, I know! Here, take this!" giving me a brochure. Oh, so she isn't here to challenge me, Charm eases off. "Be sure to visit us at the Théâtre des Mimes. It will be a unique experience for anyone and we're offering free sessions this week. Je m'appelle Chléo, and this is my friend, Mademoiselle Mime. With that said, I must go. Au revoir!" she exclaimed before walking away to hand a brochure to another tourist. Err, a theatre of mimes? Is this what the city has to offer?, Charm begins to get bored again before another voice rings beside him.

    "Pfft, mimes!" This time it was a bulky looking man looking pretty casual with his jeans and shirt, except for an odd luchador mask. A Machoke was beside him with a similar mask. This city must be crazy if people are going to just randomly walk up to me, he thinks to himself as the man continued speaking, "Say not a word! I can feel it! You must be of the farmlands like myself. Listen, only one thing can truly fill the hearts of simple men like us, and that is lucha libre! Here, take this!" giving me a brochure. Oh, just another advertiser. This one looks interesting atleast. And how does he know I came from a farm? "Pay us a visit at Wake's School of Pro Wrestling. We're offering free classes for begginers. What better way to bond with your fighting partner than within a wrestling ring? You won't regret it! Now, I must stop that crazy woman from spreading the madness of mimedom. Come, Santos Jr!" the man and his Machoke skimper off towards the odd woman.

    Charm turns to his partner, Apollo, who is staring intently at the wrestling school brochure. "Wake's School of Pro Wrestling. Hmm. Seems you're interested in going here too, ain't ya buddy?"

    "Combusken!" Apollo merely replies in a cheery way. "Alright then, we'll head there," Charm decides. He looks into his map of the city and looks for the location of the wrestling school. He stands up from the bench, "Let's get going, Apollo. And stay close," Charm ordered.

    "Bus-ken," Apollo nods before the two march through the city, eager to arrive at Wake's School of Pro Wrestling.

  14. #239
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Lostlorn Forest
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

    A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.

    Western Shore
    [size=1]The western shore of Whale Island has more rocky, craggy cliffs than stunning sandy beaches, but has its own attractions nonetheless. Several villages and freshwater springs dot the area. Whether you're here for relaxation, adrenaline rushing water sports, or to find new Pokémon, you're sure to find something to keep you happy during your stay.

    Areas:
    The Lighthouse: A lighthouse situated atop the cliffs overlooking the Delphin Heads, the lighthouse has long since been unmanned. It's light never goes out, however, despite the fact no maintenance has been carried out here for more than forty years...
    "Come on Mareep! You want to go to the Lighthouse, or not?" Did I said very loud to Mareep, when I saw in my sight a little light, sparkeling on the sea by surrounded it. It was so beautiful... I was dreaming about getting my first partner, next to Mareep. She was tired by the walking the route to the Lighthouse, we still must reach it. I walked to her, picked her up and putted her on my head. "Is this better then Mareep?" asked I to Mareep, while she was happy and hugged my head.

    "Ma! Reeeep~" she said and licked me a little bit. We had still a big distance between here and the lighthouse... we both were tired. So we stopped at a rock, eating our food. I had a sandwich, while Mareep had Pokémon Food I made before we started our journey. Mareep like alltime that food. I don't know how, but she just like it...

    When the food and water was up, did we go further, towards to the Lighthouse in Whale Island...


    This is my first post from Fizzy Bubbles beside the registartion and all.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    274

    Default Whale Island Adventures: Batch 7

    Kinda late, but here it is. Anyone left behind, I'm moving to next week, as per usual. Also, welcome to treecko's awesomeness. Hope you'll have a lot of fun here.

    ::Pieli Harbour::

    MarbleZone: Deprived of the ice creamy goodness, you start walking away in dissapointment. First the incident at Glacier Islands and now this; it was as if misfortune followed wherever you went, and Minccino, well, it would be hard to convince her that this particular incident wasn't related to you in one way or another. Taking barely a few steps however you find yourself unable to leave altogether as your thoughts turned to the poor and unconsolable women and children who were left bereft of the dessert of their dreams. Your instinct told you something was very odd about all of this and you figured that if you could help out somehow, the possibility of free ice cream as a reward could vey well amend things between yourself and your Pokémon.

    Making way through the riotous crowd, you walk up to the employee, a task that required quite a bit of effort as you found yourself shoved and elbowed all the way. The man certainly seemed to have a handful as he tried to deal with the situation, but you still try to call out for his attention regardless. Though initially too overwhelmed to even listen to you, he eventually turns to you as you explain your intention to help out with whatever was the problem, making sure to stress the fact that you are an official Pokémon League trainer to give you some authority on the matter.

    "A League trainer? Did the guild sent you here? Oh thank goodness, you guys work fast! Please meet me in the back in a minute." He said in relief. "My boss was gonna make a popsicle out of me if I didn't get this sorted out, phew! I would owe my life to you, man! Hey Jimmy! Cover me up, will ya?" He yelled to the back as he retreated in a hurry; another young employee taking his place to deal with the angry customers.

    It seems something indeed had happened here, and apparently they had already called in for help. Whether you would be that help though, was up to you, though chances are there's another trainer in his way that may not enjoy you stealing his job.

    What will you do?

    ::Crater Lake::

    jolteonjak: Caught by surprise by a pair of Wooper, you wonder just why would they do this to you as you run to Heracross's aid, the Bug-type looking as pissed as anyone would after being caught offguard like that. You were hesitant to strike back however, as you thoughts turned to the massive Quagsire back at the lodge. That was certainly a Pokémon you didn't want to mess with, and if these Wooper were related to it, then this could mean some greater trouble ahead.

    Taking your dictionary out again, you try to reason with them in a language you think they might understand, but as you see one Wooper laugh out loud at you while the other just comments to his friend with a supressed giggle, it is made very clear that they were not taking you seriously. Pretty sure that this would turn into a fight, you issue combat orders to your Pokémon, and both of them nod in understanding as they get ready for action; Heracross in particular looking eager to get back at the fishy duo. The Wooper take the initiative however, as they quickly nod to each other before simultaneously squirting a Water Gun towards your Pokémon; Heracross enduring the attack pretty well as his body glows and hardens like Iron, drastically boosting his Defense in the process; Cyndaquil, on the other hand, was not taking the super-effective hit nearly as well as you hear him squeal in pain.

    The Wooper seemed to be getting great enjoyment from this, but their expressions change completely all of a sudden as they find themselves being given a terrifying Leer from the irate Heracross; the horned beetle charging to one fo the Wooper, hovering at high speed with a might Horn Attack while the recovering Cyndaquil counters with his Extrasensory, the golden beam of psychic energy sending the other Wooper into a sensory overdrive while his friend is sent flying a few feet back from the impact of the Bug-type's flying headbutt.

    Quickly getting back to their feet, the Wooper spring back to action, targeting what was literally the biggest threat to them as they both fire their Water Guns at Heracross's feet, the combined attack forcing him once again to loose his balance as he face-plants down into the now muddy ground underneath. They wouldn't get to celebrate much however, as one of them finds itself victim of Cyndaquil's Hidden Power, the various orbs of grass energy bursting into the mud-fish for some serious damage, and making it very clear to them that it was the Fire-type who they should truly watch out for.

    Avenging his friend, the other Wooper retaliates with yet another Water Gun which Cyndaquil barely manages to side-step in time. He isn't quite nimble for the other one as he finds himself taking a final Water Gun full-on from the wounded Wooper, who looks quite happy after exacting his just revenge.

    Things were looking kinda even for now. The Wooper seemed to know how to work roughly as a team, though overall their side was looking in worse conditions, the Hidden Power having taken a lot from one of them. The battle had only just started though, and whether you would face the wrath of Quagsire sooner or later, you could only hope you could avoid altogether.

    What will you do?

    ::Laguna Lake::

    treecko's awesomeness: Sure enough you were quite amazed as you stood on the border edge of Pirate Isle's Laguna Lake. Compared to the likes of Crater and Brumby, this was one of the smaller lakes within the Island, but it was very rich in life as it layed mostly untouched by man and surrouned by the peninsula's forest. Like its younger sister, Kakatua Lagoon, it too was separated from the ocean by a large reef of sand, and yet, unlike Kakatua, its fresh and clear waters were far less secluded and much deeper.

    You wonder where to even begin exploring and you turn to your partner, Nav, for his opinion on the matter, the Treecko only shrugging in response as he found himself too busy splashing around the lake's bank. Looking around the area for anything that would help you make up your mind, you ultimately decide to simply start walking clockwise along the edge of the lake. Surely, it wouldn't matter too much which way you chose as the view would remain always just a viewtiful; the forest would sing just the same with the howls of the curious treetop Aipom and the chirps of the various bird Pokémon, and the water Pokémon would probably all hide beneath the safety of the surface throughout until properly incentivated. Yet, there was something therapeutical on the mere act of walking in this place, and that's all that mattered. There's a reason why people often come here to picnic. Things didn't remain so calm for long however as barely five minutes into your walk you suddenly hear a warning cry from above, and just as you turn to its source you see the figure of a Spearow, diving at top speed and barely grazing Nav who managed to duck to safety just in time. As you see Spearow gaining height and turning around towards you, it is made very clear that's it's still not done with you yet. Whether it attacked out of territorial behavior or whether it looked at your partner as food, this certainly isn't the most favorable matchup for you. Perhaps you shouldn't have taken the left?

    What will you do?

    ::Raikou's Effigy::

    Nightfall715: You weren't one to be taking any chances with strangers like these, and instead you choose to take the initiative and strike first, fierce and fast. You quickly ask your newly met acquiantance if he had any Pokémon of his own, and he still seemed to be processing the whole situation as you immediately move on to command the fiery pup, who wastes not a second as he starts intensely breathing out a hellish vortex of flame, if at least as "hellish" as the young Houndour could muster, his Fire Spin trapping one of the Bidoof within which squeals in surprise and terror.

    "She's insane!" exclaimed one, as he saw the surroundings starting to catch on fire from Lucifer's attack. A flame tornado within a forest could only spell trouble.

    "They can't be of the WICS! Bieber, stop that thing! Stop it now!" the other one commanded, and his Bidoof obeyed as it started rushing towards Lucifer, attempting to knock it down with its Tackle. Lucifer grunts as he's pushed back a bit by the gutsy Bidoof, and he then turns his attention towards it, breathing another Fire Spin all over it; the Bidoof breaking through flames and scorching its fur in the process as it rams against the Dark-type with another Tackle.

    "You've gotta be kidding me... Damn it, Mimi, we need your help!" says your shaggy comanion as he releases his own Pokémon unto the field, a small Panpour who springs to action right away, attempting to prevent the start of a massive forest fire, dousing the area with its Water Sport in a desperate attempt to cool off the place. It seems to work as the fire tornadoes start dying off, much to the Bidoof's relief.

    "Geez... Ok listen, I know your Pokémon just went running on you and all, but try to focus for a bit and not burn the whole forest, alright? We'll sort things out later," he turned to you. "Alright Mimi, let's get it going and show these men what your Water Gun is all about!" he then commanded to his partner.

    With the inevitable battle underway, and a forest fire under control for now, you're fortunately getting some aid from the still unknown man. He seems more concerned about keeping the environment safe than to win the battle, but at least you're not on your own against these shady looking men. It wasn't quite over yet though.

    What will you do?

    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: A part of you knew the great danger you were getting yourself into, and moreso did August who got more and more anxious with each passing second, whereas Sangre... well, he was just too busy dreaming of the beautiful slaughter of many an adorable Buneary and Skitty, and of course of the delectable resulting bloodfest that came from that.

    As you back up the Haunter's words, he seems to be very delighted by your response, nodding eagerly in agreement throughout. "Excellent! Yes, yes, you do understand!" He laughed out loud. "I can't wait to start playing then. Do not worry, the rules are very simple, there won't be much chance to cheat even if you intend to. Are you familiar with role-playing games? It's easy; you will be assuming the identity of another persona, and making decisions in her place. In this particular session, you will play the role of a priestess, summoned to this very lightouse to purge it from the evil that haunts it. Whether you succeed or not depends on the kind of decisions that you make, and in the process you will undoubtedly learn many, many things, and so will I. The decisions that we make throughout our existance also helps shape our identities, and so can one learn a lot from another based on what kind of actions they do, don't you agree? Sounds very fun and exciting so far, yes? Now there is one little problem however." He turns his gaze to August. "You see, I can only accept one player, and I'm afraid they will have to go." August practically roars in protest, all alarms ringing in her head. "She would be right, of course," he continued, "it would indeed be very foolish to trust a deciever like me, to be honest, but alas, this condition is absolutely necessary to proceed. What you choose to do now will say a lot about you. Are you willing to do without your safety net? Know that there is a lot in stake for me too. I'm ready to face the consequences, and you... you aren't afraid of death, are you?"

    With great risk comes great reward, they say, and this definitely sounds like it's far beyond your average role-playing game.

    What will you do?

    ::Wet'n'Wild Recreation Park::

    Mon1010: Things were turning for the dramatic now and your brain scrambles to quickly find a solution to the whole mess. Walking away was an option; you had just met them and you owed them nothing, but that would leave a bad after-taste in your mouth. The last thing you would want to happen however where for things to have a turn for the violent. Things like these only happened in poorly written soaps, didn't they? What should anyone do in this scenario?

    Pulling out a Premier Ball from your pocket, you place your bets on your adorable partner, Angela, the young Togepi carefully looking around at her surroundings. She has had little experience with you so far; having only been pampered at daycares and beauty salons. Yet, you thought was enough for you as you need her not for her strength, but for her cute appeal, and boy, was she a charming one ideed! Gathering up enough courage, you stand up and and ask the brutish man just what his problem is all about while carrying your cute Pokémon with you, hoping their adorability would shield you from harm. What man worth his name would hurt another person carrying such cute Pokémon anyways? It would be like hitting a man with glasses or knocking off a handicapped person off his wheelchair; absolutely low and despicable.

    Tony seems to ease up however, observing you with a bit of a confused face as your Pokémon work their magic, smiling and batting their eyes at him; Angela's Charm in particular doing a good job at disarming him and significantly lowering his Attack power. "Naw, not at all," he then said a tad amused, "right, Alice? I'm sorry baby, I didn't know he was that kind of friend." he supressed a chuckle. Whatever he meant by that, at least he didn't seem to see you as a threat.

    "No, you know what? We do have a problem, Tony; you are the problem. It's always the same with you once you start drinking, and then even when you aren't!" she then exclaimed finally standing up.

    "So you are replacing me," Tony replied, his voice getting rougher and his expression turning to that of annoyance again.

    "You don't get it! This isn't about replacing you at all, it's about me having a real friggin social life again! Anthony-" she kept going but Tony wasn't really looking at her anymore, his gaze turning to you once again, and he looked pissed off. As he takes a step towards you, you almost flinch in anticipation of the inevitable fist to the face, but instead you see him pull out a Pokéball from his pants.

    "You and me, now!" he said as his Pokéball enlarged in his hand. Whether he wanted to prove something or just take out his frustration with you, it was clear he wanted to challenge you to a Pokébattle. Certainly a better outcome than being involved in a fist-fight yourself, but why should you even accept a challenge from a jerk like him?

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Balmund; 9th May 2012 at 1:15 AM. Reason: Grammar

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: A part of you knew the great danger you were getting yourself into, and moreso did August who got more and more anxious with each passing second, whereas Sangre... well, he was just too busy dreaming of the beautiful slaughter of many an adorable Buneary and Skitty, and of course of the delectable resulting bloodfest that came from that.

    As you back up the Haunter's words, he seems to be very delighted by your response, nodding eagerly in agreement throughout. "Excellent! Yes, yes, you do understand!" He laughed out loud. "I can't wait to start playing then. Do not worry, the rules are very simple, there won't be much chance to cheat even if you intend to. Are you familiar with role-playing games? It's easy; you will be assuming the identity of another persona, and making decisions in her place. In this particular session, you will play the role of a priestess, summoned to this very lightouse to purge it from the evil that haunts it. Whether you succeed or not depends on the kind of decisions that you make, and in the process you will undoubtedly learn many, many things, and so will I. The decisions that we make throughout our existance also helps shape our identities, and so can one learn a lot from another based on what kind of actions they do, don't you agree? Sounds very fun and exciting so far, yes? Now there is one little problem however." He turns his gaze to August. "You see, I can only accept one player, and I'm afraid they will have to go." August practically roars in protest, all alarms ringing in her head. "She would be right, of course," he continued, "it would indeed be very foolish to trust a deciever like me, to be honest, but alas, this condition is absolutely necessary to proceed. What you choose to do now will say a lot about you. Are you willing to do without your safety net? Know that there is a lot in stake for me too. I'm ready to face the consequences, and you... you aren't afraid of death, are you?"

    With great risk comes great reward, they say, and this definitely sounds like it's far beyond your average role-playing game.

    What will you do?
    As August roars at the Haunter (likely saying a few choice words in dragon language about his mother), Marion seems deep in thought. "A dream within a dream..." she muses. Indeed, Marion never could fully shake the feeling that she had always been part of a game herself. A game within a game. What really grabbed Marion's attention, though, was the role she would play; certainly, were she to roll her own character, it would not be the role she'd necessarily pick for herself. "Evil" to her was such a subjective term, and priestess-types tended to be obsessed with the idea of "good" and "holy," while Marion always saw herself as more of a chaotic neutral character, not following anyone or anything but herself and her own path. Besides, Marion preferred wizards. With their strange powers, plentiful spellbooks and arcane knowledge, Marion seemed more the type to be conjuring illusions and hurling lightningbolts. Indeed, Marion was obsessed with knowledge and the incredible power that came with it, and she needed Haunter's knowledge in order to help the spirits of the lighthouse. Having intimately felt their anger and sadness, she knew that she would not wish those emotions on anyone, and if it meant becoming a priestess and purifying the lighthouse, she would do it. Maybe she was more compassionate than she gave herself credit for. Perhaps that was the first lesson...

    Marion immediately recalls Sangre, seeming deep in thought as she performs the action. August lets out a low growl, as if trying to warn Marion that what she is doing is completely unwise. Clipping the Friend Ball back to her belt, Marion turns to her loyal companion, and approaches her; she pats August gently on the nose, and a little tear escapes August's left eye. August knows that she can't prevent Marion from doing what she believes is right, but she fears greatly for her trainer's safety. The Haunter himself admitted that the risk would be great, and death was a potential consequence. Marion embraces August, and whispers in her ear: "If anything happens, tell Minerva I loved her. You know that I love all of you." August nods, trying to keep a stiff upper lip, and desperately attempting to hold back the urge to attack the Haunter or somehow prevent Marion from engaging in this utter recklessness. Marion frees one of her hands from the embrace and pulls out August's Pokeball, returning the Dragon-type to the confines of her ball; Marion is still embracing the red light as it pulls August into the Pokeball, which ultimately leaves Marion embracing nothing at all.

    Clipping August's Pokeball back onto her belt, she takes a deep breath before facing Haunter. "I know that I am foolish," she says, her voice plain and direct. "I have been told so before. Even so, I know that what has gone on here has caused pain and suffering for so many souls, and I seek to bring these tired souls comfort and rest. I will take on the role you have described, and I hope you are right. I hope that we will both learn a great deal from each other." She grins darkly. "I'm willing to put my life on the line for that knowledge."
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 9th May 2012 at 6:21 PM.

    [FB || PASBL]

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Crater Lake::

    jolteonjak: Caught by surprise by a pair of Wooper, you wonder just why would they do this to you as you run to Heracross's aid, the Bug-type looking as pissed as anyone would after being caught offguard like that. You were hesitant to strike back however, as you thoughts turned to the massive Quagsire back at the lodge. That was certainly a Pokémon you didn't want to mess with, and if these Wooper were related to it, then this could mean some greater trouble ahead.

    Taking your dictionary out again, you try to reason with them in a language you think they might understand, but as you see one Wooper laugh out loud at you while the other just comments to his friend with a supressed giggle, it is made very clear that they were not taking you seriously. Pretty sure that this would turn into a fight, you issue combat orders to your Pokémon, and both of them nod in understanding as they get ready for action; Heracross in particular looking eager to get back at the fishy duo. The Wooper take the initiative however, as they quickly nod to each other before simultaneously squirting a Water Gun towards your Pokémon; Heracross enduring the attack pretty well as his body glows and hardens like Iron, drastically boosting his Defense in the process; Cyndaquil, on the other hand, was not taking the super-effective hit nearly as well as you hear him squeal in pain.

    The Wooper seemed to be getting great enjoyment from this, but their expressions change completely all of a sudden as they find themselves being given a terrifying Leer from the irate Heracross; the horned beetle charging to one fo the Wooper, hovering at high speed with a might Horn Attack while the recovering Cyndaquil counters with his Extrasensory, the golden beam of psychic energy sending the other Wooper into a sensory overdrive while his friend is sent flying a few feet back from the impact of the Bug-type's flying headbutt.

    Quickly getting back to their feet, the Wooper spring back to action, targeting what was literally the biggest threat to them as they both fire their Water Guns at Heracross's feet, the combined attack forcing him once again to loose his balance as he face-plants down into the now muddy ground underneath. They wouldn't get to celebrate much however, as one of them finds itself victim of Cyndaquil's Hidden Power, the various orbs of grass energy bursting into the mud-fish for some serious damage, and making it very clear to them that it was the Fire-type who they should truly watch out for.

    Avenging his friend, the other Wooper retaliates with yet another Water Gun which Cyndaquil barely manages to side-step in time. He isn't quite nimble for the other one as he finds himself taking a final Water Gun full-on from the wounded Wooper, who looks quite happy after exacting his just revenge.

    Things were looking kinda even for now. The Wooper seemed to know how to work roughly as a team, though overall their side was looking in worse conditions, the Hidden Power having taken a lot from one of them. The battle had only just started though, and whether you would face the wrath of Quagsire sooner or later, you could only hope you could avoid altogether.

    What will you do?


    Chad's stroll around the lake wasn't going exactly as planned. For starters, his Heracross was nervous around him, and he seemed to be afraid of Cyndaquil. Now, he was faced with a battle against two scheming Wooper, who had started it all by knocking Heracross on his back. While the thought of a rampaging giant Quagsire constantly weighed on Chad's mind, he also knew he didn't want Heracross's pride to be hurt. He tried reasoning with the pair in Spanish, since he found Quagsire knew it; but that proved unsuccessful.

    After a round of attacks, the four Pokemon appeared to be on even ground. The Wooper quickly realized that Cyndaquil's Hidden Power was more effective than they thought, so they seem to be focusing attacks on him. This was troubling to Chad, as Wooper's Water and Ground typing are both super effective against Cyndaquil. Chad ran over to Heracross, who had once again been knocked his feet by the Wooper, and helped him back on his feet. Heracross immediately pulled away from Chad, itching to get back into the fray.

    Chad assessed the situation. Cyndaquil's Hidden Power was found to be incredibly powerful against the water fish. 'I can't just keep using Hidden Power,' he thought to himself. 'They'll figure out a way to dodge the attack. Let's see.' Chad thought for a quick moment.

    "Ok, nice job so far guys. I want both of you to Leer at both Wooper. Show these two we mean business," he ordered. "Cyndaquil, keep your flame extinguished. That should lessen damage you receive from Water attacks you are unable to dodge. Plus your fire won't help much here," he glared at the Wooper. "Next, I want you to send out a Smokescreen to the Wooper. Heracross, launch a Stone Edge through the smokescreen. Cyndaquil, once Heracross is done I want you to use Hidden Power again and finally hide behind Heracross. And Heracross, use Iron Defense again." Chad grinned. He was hopeful these orders would be successful. "Oh I hope Pedro doesn't find out about this," he muttered quietly.




    Stats

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post

    ::Pieli Harbour::

    MarbleZone: Deprived of the ice creamy goodness, you start walking away in dissapointment. First the incident at Glacier Islands and now this; it was as if misfortune followed wherever you went, and Minccino, well, it would be hard to convince her that this particular incident wasn't related to you in one way or another. Taking barely a few steps however you find yourself unable to leave altogether as your thoughts turned to the poor and unconsolable women and children who were left bereft of the dessert of their dreams. Your instinct told you something was very odd about all of this and you figured that if you could help out somehow, the possibility of free ice cream as a reward could very well amend things between yourself and your Pokémon.

    Making way through the riotous crowd, you walk up to the employee, a task that required quite a bit of effort as you found yourself shoved and elbowed all the way. The man certainly seemed to have a handful as he tried to deal with the situation, but you still try to call out for his attention regardless. Though initially too overwhelmed to even listen to you, he eventually turns to you as you explain your intention to help out with whatever was the problem, making sure to stress the fact that you are an official Pokémon League trainer to give you some authority on the matter.

    "A League trainer? Did the guild sent you here? Oh thank goodness, you guys work fast! Please meet me in the back in a minute." He said in relief. "My boss was gonna make a popsicle out of me if I didn't get this sorted out, phew! I would owe my life to you, man! Hey Jimmy! Cover me up, will ya?" He yelled to the back as he retreated in a hurry; another young employee taking his place to deal with the angry customers.

    It seems something indeed had happened here, and apparently they had already called in for help. Whether you would be that help though, was up to you, though chances are there's another trainer in his way that may not enjoy you stealing his job.

    What will you do?
    Well, I think it's safer not to mention that I've only just started travelling and haven't had a single Pokémon Battle in my life if I wanna net this chance... How hard can it be to fix whatever's wrong with a small ice cream shop?

    Casually twirling a PokéBall in his fingers, Levin tried to look as calm as possible, as if he'd done this a million times.

    - Seems you have quite the problem here, but I'll see to it that it gets solved. It is what we do, after all.

    Levin thought back to when his father used to be absent from home for days even after his official journeys were long behind him; in truth, only specific Trainers who signed up for community service were called in case of Pokémon-related emergencies. His father had been one such Trainer, whose journey in his younger years wasn't exactly filled with success (as he failed to even reach Victory Road), but ended up making up for it much later with countless cases of social intervention - keeping order during wild Pokémon outbreaks, giving chase to Pokémon burglars (akin to the folk tales of Team Rocket), etc.

    Levin, of course, hadn't signed up for Pokémon Community Service yet (nor could he, without any personal curriculum to speak of), and impersonating a Public Order League Trainer (POLT for short) was almost certainly a crime of some sort, he reckoned, but well... these guys didn't need to know the details. What happened to just being a nice guy who just wanted to help his fellow Man and getting some ice cream for his troubles?
    Besides, the women and children weren't leaving the shop entrance any time soon - in fact, it seemed the cries and complaints only gained in intensity as time went by. Either the younger clerk who was covering for this one was terrible at crowd control, or the ice cream was a much bigger attraction around these parts than Levin had imagined... And that certainly makes this a much more important mission than I thought at first. Sweet. If he handled this case fast enough, he could even high-tail it before any actual POLTs arrived on the scene.

    He put on the most professional face that he could muster and extended a hand at the worried employee.
    - My name is Lev... Kevin Flanders. Now good man, let's hear your story.

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Hoenn
    Posts
    755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Laguna Lake::

    treecko's awesomeness: Sure enough you were quite amazed as you stood on the border edge of Pirate Isle's Laguna Lake. Compared to the likes of Crater and Brumby, this was one of the smaller lakes within the Island, but it was very rich in life as it layed mostly untouched by man and surrouned by the peninsula's forest. Like its younger sister, Kakatua Lagoon, it too was separated from the ocean by a large reef of sand, and yet, unlike Kakatua, its fresh and clear waters were far less secluded and much deeper.

    You wonder where to even begin exploring and you turn to your partner, Nav, for his opinion on the matter, the Treecko only shrugging in response as he found himself too busy splashing around the lake's bank. Looking around the area for anything that would help you make up your mind, you ultimately decide to simply start walking clockwise along the edge of the lake. Surely, it wouldn't matter too much which way you chose as the view would remain always just a viewtiful; the forest would sing just the same with the howls of the curious treetop Aipom and the chirps of the various bird Pokémon, and the water Pokémon would probably all hide beneath the safety of the surface throughout until properly incentivated. Yet, there was something therapeutical on the mere act of walking in this place, and that's all that mattered. There's a reason why people often come here to picnic. Things didn't remain so calm for long however as barely five minutes into your walk you suddenly hear a warning cry from above, and just as you turn to its source you see the figure of a Spearow, diving at top speed and barely grazing Nav who managed to duck to safety just in time. As you see Spearow gaining height and turning around towards you, it is made very clear that's it's still not done with you yet. Whether it attacked out of territorial behavior or whether it looked at your partner as food, this certainly isn't the most favorable matchup for you. Perhaps you shouldn't have taken the left?

    What will you do?


    TA sighed as he dug his toes into the sand. He looked at his partner walking beside him. Nav seemed to be enjoying this walk just as much as he was. Suddenly, the two of them flinched as they heard a piercing shriek. Nav jumped to the ground as a Spearow flew at him, claws raised.

    "Nav!" TA said. "Are you okay?"

    The Treecko nodded and glared at the violent bird Pokémon. Did they anger it by trespassing, or was it just hungry? Either way, they were going to have trouble.

    “Spear!” It turned around and was about to swoop at TA. There was no guarantee that either of them could dodge another attack, and Nav was at a disadvantage, being a grass type and being grounded. They couldn’t outrun it, though, so they’d have to fight.

    “Nav! Use Leer, then use Pound!” TA yelled. Lowering the Spearow’s defense would help, but he’d just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Treecko's Awesomeness; 17th May 2012 at 7:50 PM. Reason: grammar
    My fan-fic(Credit to Gelatino95 at Crazy Dragon Graphics for the userbar) Author's profile
    And here's an awesome RPG. It has dinosaurs!And a sprite comic, because I can't draw!

    Please click my dragon(s)!

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

    A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.


    [
    Central Plains
    [size=1]Mostly fertile farmland there's not much here for your average tourist or trainer although a few areas of interest do attract the more adventurous trainers. Electric Pokémon thrive out here and are often found roaming the fields. Better beware though, they're not all that fond of trainers getting too close to their young so take a wrong step and you may find yourself on the wrong end of a lightning bolt that hasn't come from the sky.

    Thunder Plains: The Thunder Plains are consistently lashed with vicious thunderstorms making travel for unprepared trainers a dance with death if not adequately equipped. The ferocity of the lightning bolts literally crack the hardened stony ground with every strike, and a Pokémon designed for attracting lightning is a nigh-on requisite for travelling through the plains without being smote. Indeed, such are the conditions that only the hardiest Pokémon reside here, calling the plains home.



    Haradion steped of the bus with great anticipation. He had come to the island, to journey to this specific part - where electric pokemon were in abundance. Before he could comment, the bus had shut its doors and pulled away, clearley keen to get away from the lightning storms. The driver had been surprised. His shuckle sat on his shoulder looking at the storm before him. Haradion stepped up the beech and madse his way to the steady glow which was the Lithogic river. Shuckle did not stay in his pokeball at times, although sometimes he would go there to sulk... Small chance of that today though.

    "Well Shuckle, what do you think?" He asked Shuckle, the turtle like creatures looking from left to right, flinching slightly, when a crash of lightning struck the ground in the distance.

    "Shuck... Shuckle Shuck..." He murmered. he was clearly unimpressed with the Island - or with the idea of ventureing into such hazadorus areas....

    Impaitence overwhealmed Haradion, and snapped at Shuckle quickley.
    "Shuckle, were not here to make a holiday home, were here to train and build a team, remember? Don't you want to grow stronger? Besides your part rock type - Whats the problem with a little lightning?"

    "Shuckle Shuck. Shuck Shu..."

    Was all shuckle said in reply. Haradion smiled at the grumpy turtles reaction. "Your such a pesimist! Just imagine what new partners await? Maybe a Pikachu - or best of all a Shink! Lets go Shuckle!" And with that he made his way farther into the fields, keeping his eye out for any pokemon that may be a challenge.

  21. #246
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Storybrooke, Maine
    Posts
    6,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post

    ::Wet'n'Wild Recreation Park::

    Mon1010: Things were turning for the dramatic now and your brain scrambles to quickly find a solution to the whole mess. Walking away was an option; you had just met them and you owed them nothing, but that would leave a bad after-taste in your mouth. The last thing you would want to happen however where for things to have a turn for the violent. Things like these only happened in poorly written soaps, didn't they? What should anyone do in this scenario?

    Pulling out a Premier Ball from your pocket, you place your bets on your adorable partner, Angela, the young Togepi carefully looking around at her surroundings. She has had little experience with you so far; having only been pampered at daycares and beauty salons. Yet, you thought was enough for you as you need her not for her strength, but for her cute appeal, and boy, was she a charming one ideed! Gathering up enough courage, you stand up and and ask the brutish man just what his problem is all about while carrying your cute Pokémon with you, hoping their adorability would shield you from harm. What man worth his name would hurt another person carrying such cute Pokémon anyways? It would be like hitting a man with glasses or knocking off a handicapped person off his wheelchair; absolutely low and despicable.

    Tony seems to ease up however, observing you with a bit of a confused face as your Pokémon work their magic, smiling and batting their eyes at him; Angela's Charm in particular doing a good job at disarming him and significantly lowering his Attack power. "Naw, not at all," he then said a tad amused, "right, Alice? I'm sorry baby, I didn't know he was that kind of friend." he supressed a chuckle. Whatever he meant by that, at least he didn't seem to see you as a threat.

    "No, you know what? We do have a problem, Tony; you are the problem. It's always the same with you once you start drinking, and then even when you aren't!" she then exclaimed finally standing up.

    "So you are replacing me," Tony replied, his voice getting rougher and his expression turning to that of annoyance again.

    "You don't get it! This isn't about replacing you at all, it's about me having a real friggin social life again! Anthony-" she kept going but Tony wasn't really looking at her anymore, his gaze turning to you once again, and he looked pissed off. As he takes a step towards you, you almost flinch in anticipation of the inevitable fist to the face, but instead you see him pull out a Pokéball from his pants.

    "You and me, now!" he said as his Pokéball enlarged in his hand. Whether he wanted to prove something or just take out his frustration with you, it was clear he wanted to challenge you to a Pokébattle. Certainly a better outcome than being involved in a fist-fight yourself, but why should you even accept a challenge from a jerk like him?

    What will you do?
    Apparently the cutenesss of his Pokemon did the trick. He backed off of Scott and didn't seem to find him threatening. The trainer was releaved he wouldn't have to get beaten up. Then, Alice and Tony got into an argument. In a fit of jealously, Tony walked up to Scott and challenged him to a Pokemon battle.

    Scott loved battles, and under normal circumstances, he would accept this challenge in a heartbeat. However, this guy was a jerk, and Scott knew plenty of jerks in his life, and they were sore losers and even sorer winners. Especially when they're drunk, as this guy most likely was. Battling him wouldn't prove a thing, and it wasn't worth the drama. Scott crossed his arms, and raised an eyebrow, "Uh, yeah no. It wouldn't be fair battling someone who's under the influence."

    Shaana on the other hand was determined to battle. She got really close to Tony's face, and with a determined look in her eyes, said something in Pokemon language that none of the humans could understand. (Angela seemed to understand though. She gasped in shock by the Munna's boldness.) Judging by the tone of her voice though, she meant business.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 10th May 2012 at 10:03 PM.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post


    ::Raikou's Effigy::

    Nightfall715: You weren't one to be taking any chances with strangers like these, and instead you choose to take the initiative and strike first, fierce and fast. You quickly ask your newly met acquiantance if he had any Pokémon of his own, and he still seemed to be processing the whole situation as you immediately move on to command the fiery pup, who wastes not a second as he starts intensely breathing out a hellish vortex of flame, if at least as "hellish" as the young Houndour could muster, his Fire Spin trapping one of the Bidoof within which squeals in surprise and terror.

    "She's insane!" exclaimed one, as he saw the surroundings starting to catch on fire from Lucifer's attack. A flame tornado within a forest could only spell trouble.

    "They can't be of the WICS! Bieber, stop that thing! Stop it now!" the other one commanded, and his Bidoof obeyed as it started rushing towards Lucifer, attempting to knock it down with its Tackle. Lucifer grunts as he's pushed back a bit by the gutsy Bidoof, and he then turns his attention towards it, breathing another Fire Spin all over it; the Bidoof breaking through flames and scorching its fur in the process as it rams against the Dark-type with another Tackle.

    "You've gotta be kidding me... Damn it, Mimi, we need your help!" says your shaggy comanion as he releases his own Pokémon unto the field, a small Panpour who springs to action right away, attempting to prevent the start of a massive forest fire, dousing the area with its Water Sport in a desperate attempt to cool off the place. It seems to work as the fire tornadoes start dying off, much to the Bidoof's relief.

    "Geez... Ok listen, I know your Pokémon just went running on you and all, but try to focus for a bit and not burn the whole forest, alright? We'll sort things out later," he turned to you. "Alright Mimi, let's get it going and show these men what your Water Gun is all about!" he then commanded to his partner.

    With the inevitable battle underway, and a forest fire under control for now, you're fortunately getting some aid from the still unknown man. He seems more concerned about keeping the environment safe than to win the battle, but at least you're not on your own against these shady looking men. It wasn't quite over yet though.

    What will you do?
    "Bieber, stop that thing!"? GENIUS!


    Lucifer immedily sprouted a Fire Spin The size of a small tree, and envoloped the bidoof in flames. What she didn't know was that she started a forest fire.

    "She's insane!" Yelled one of the burly man.

    Insane, am I? WELL, EAT MY DUST! Fiona thought with rage.

    "They can't be of the WICS! Bieber, stop that thing! Stop it now!" The other burly man commanded as another Fire Spin hit a Bidoof. This time the bidoof hit Lucifer twice with tackle.

    "Geez... Ok listen, I know your Pokémon just went running on you and all, but try to focus for a bit and not burn the whole forest, alright? We'll sort things out later," Your companion muttered. "Alright Mimi, let's get it going and show these men what your Water Gun is all about!"
    The man threw his pokeball, and a Panpour appeared before Fionas eyes. Then she saw a water sport, maintaining the fire.

    "Listen, dude, if your water gun is what its all about, then hit the *%#$ bidoof with it!" Fiona screamed.

    At least it was now 2-on-2, not 1-on-2 she thought.

    "Erm, sorry 'bout that...I get a bit too hotheaded at times." Fiona said apologetically. Lucifer growled. She nodded. Getting a forest fire started wasn't the best of ideas...

    "Luce, Howl and then Tackle, FULL POWER!"

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    274

    Default Whale Island Adventures: Batch 8

    To anyone not updated, I'll be giving you priority until next time. Can't say next week this time around since things are just starting to get a bit too intense with real life at the moment, and that's taking away the time I use to write. I do promise I won't go missing for months. At most, add another week, if not a few days. Zorua, Haradion and Megh, I'm afraid I can't take you yet since I'm at my limit, but I will as soon as a slot opens up. I'd ask you to be patient for a bit or try somewhere else, sorry. ^^;

    ::Pieli Harbour::

    Flame Mistress: With the two grunts before you, you stand helpless and immobilized in fear as your mind desperately thought of a way to get out of this situation. Just when you thought you were running out of options you remember your mother's wise words of wisdom, reminding you that when in danger, aim for the groin, the most vulnerable area for just about any person. It was well worth the try as you command your Vulpix to attack the thugs directly in the family jewels.

    Wasting not a second, she charges right away at top speed, heabutting the robust man deep and strong between the legs with her Quick Attack, and forcing him to bend over in agony as a result. Flare didn't have a chance to move on to her second target however, as she's Quickly intercepted by the Raticate's own Attack, who viciously slames the Fire-type against the building's wall. There's still a lot of fighting spirit left in the fiery fox pup however, as she quickly glares her opponent, attempting to disable the Raticate with her Hypnosis, only to be cut short by a swift Tail Whip from the rat Pokémon, which snaps painfully across the Vulpix's face. Raticate doesn't seem to have come out of unfazed from the exchange though, as he starts moving erratically, twitching and moving its head in an attempt to hold on to conscoiusness.

    "Stimpy, you idiot!" exclaims the skeletical Ren, as he swings his fist over Stimpy's head in frustration. "Do something, you moron!"

    "I'm so sorry, Ren! Please don't hurt me anymore!" Stimpy squealed, rubbing his bald head in pain with one hand as he still held his crotch with the other. "Skittles, avenge me!" he then said as he pulled out a Pokéball and released the monster within, a pink and fluffy Skitty, who looked at you menacingly while bearing her tiny fangs.

    Beware the cute ones, they say, and this one certainly meant no good as it rushed towards you intent on causing you great physical harm. Fortunately for you, Skittles is held back as she's met with the sudden Scratch from an unexpected aide, the Meowth barging into the fray for reasons unknown. Whatever its intention were, it seemed to be on your side apparently, and perhaps now the odds would be more on your favor.

    What will you do?

    uhhhh: Wondering about what had just happened, Foster is the first to go investigate as he takes an invisible form to stealthily float to the source of the noise. Worried and confused about the current happenings, both you and Gaspard too decide to go and check if at least Angie was alright, a motion which Kim agrees as she too gets back up to her feet. Chances are it was nothing more than a silly accident, but something gave you an awfully bad feeling about all this.

    You make way through the narrow alleyway leading to the back of the restaurant in company of your Pokémon and Kim, and even the waitress tagged along to figure out just what kind fo damage was done to the property. As you reach a much wider space at the end, you're shocked to see a Wigglytuff fly by in front of you and smash against a concrete wall.

    "Taffy!" exclaimes Kim, recognizing the Pokémon before her as it tries to get back up to its feet; it was Angie's. Looking to the other end of the square, you see not one but three Weavile poised and ready to strike; their faces bearing a malicious grin and their eyes shimmering with killer intent. As you quickly glance around in search for Angie, she's nowhere to be seen, but you notice the only restroon door to be closed and you hear something hit hard against it from the other side. This was just too surreal. Where did these Weavile even came from and why were they ganging up on Angie's Wigglytuff? Whatever the explanation was, the fact of the matter was that you all seemed to be in great danger, and if you were going to do something about it you would have to act fast.

    What will you do?

    ::Seaside City::

    Charminions: Certainly, a school of mimes wasn't something that would draw your attention, and really, who would be interested in something like that anyways? Mimes are a wierd bunch. Pro Wrestling however, now that was a reliable cure for boredom, and Apollo even seemed excited at the prostpect. It was an easy decision for the both of you as you pull out a map locate the wrestling school right before eagerly setting off towards it. Luckily, it wasn't much of a walk at all as barely a couple of blocks away from the park both, you and Apollo, find yourselves in front of the building's entrance, which stood amidst a small plaza along with some offices and fast-food restaurants, yet stood out from the bunch with its bright cerulean paint. With Crasher Wake's hanging high and visible for all, the place was pretty much unmissable.

    As you cross the glass door you walk in into what is, for all intents and purposes, a fitness gym, very well assorted with all sort of machines, some of which you could only wonder just what kind of muscles they would excercise. The presence of a wrestling ring, of course, was indispensable. You could see several portraits hanging along the walls of some fo the greatest wrestling super-stars who have started their careers in this very gym, and of course, the presence of a framed poster of the legendary Wake along with his faithful Floatzel was indispensable. Though pro-wrestling itself wasn't particularly attractive for everyone, many did come over if only for the facilities alone, and it showed as it certainly wasn't starving for customers, both human and Pokémon alike constantly training here to their hearts content.

    "Welcome!" You're greeted by a cute recepcionist behind a small counter. "How may I help you?" she asks with a smile.

    What will you do?

    ::Crater Lake::

    jolteonjak: It was worrying that the Wooper started focusing their attacks on Cyndaquil as its type disadvantage weighed in on your mind. They were aware of his Hidden Power, and he only had so much grass energy to make use of it which meant that would have to get a bit more creative with your orders to get the most of it.

    Rushing to Heracross's aid, you help him incorporate back to his feet; the Bug-type quickly pulling away from you to get back into the fray. Issueing your orders, both Cyndaquil and Heracross give an intimidating Leer to the Wooper, and having previously taken the Wooper's attacks like champs, the move does a great job at demoralizing the fish duo. They could swear their attacks were effective on them, weren't they? This buys Cyndaquil just enough of an instance for him to quickly put out his flames while simultaneously breathing out a thick Smokescreen, greatly hindering the Wooper's field of vision in the process. They don't just stand there however as they react by firing a Water Gun through the curtain in the direction they remembered your Pokémon to be. Luckily for Cyndaquil, he was able to dodge one with ease, however, Heracross wasn't so fortunate as the other one nailed him straight on, his lowered mobility keeping him from reacting in time. He's the first to counterattack though, as he starts concentrating hard, pulling out several sharp-edged rocks form underneath which circle around him more before being fired in the Wooper's general direction. As it did to the Wooper, the smoke too hindered your Pokémon visibility as it concealed the smash mud fish within it, but the widespread projectiles from Heracross's Stone Edge were sure to at least partly hit their mark, and so too would Cyndaquil's own Hidden Power as he launched a volley of orbs infused with grass-energy. As you heard the pained yelps from the Wooper, you knew your attacks had been at least somewhat succesful. They were sure to strike back however, and indeed they do as they charge out of the now dissipating screen and towards your Pokémon, Heracross bracing himself with his Iron Defense while Cyndaquil takes cover behind behind the Bug-type's back. Wasting not a second, both Wooper fire a round of their Water Gun at Heracross right before giving him an encore with another pair of Water Guns, the cumulative impact forcing the beetle to stagger a few steps back despite his increased defenses. He certainly seems to have taken most of the punishment this time around, but Cyndaquil on the other hand is looking mostly unharmed.

    What will you do?

    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: Though the role of a priestess was not quite what you had in mind, if that was what was needed to help the poor restless souls that inhabited this lighthouse then so be it. You needed the Haunter's help, and for that you were willing to pay the price and play the potentially deadly game.

    Pulling your Friend Ball out, you recall Sangre back before turning towards August, who warns you in vain of the completely unwaise decision you're making. Though she knows she can't keep you from doing what you think is right, a part of her still desperately wants to do something about it. Listening under your embrace to what could be your final loving words towards your partners, she nods understandingly while fighting against her inner impulses. As you finally recall august into her Pokéball, you find yourself alone with Haunter and you let him know plain and direct just how dead serious your resolution is.

    "I can see that." He replied, his tone reflecting yours. "Well then, let's not delay this any longer." He grinned, his eyes now glowing bright as he slowly floated towards you. Things start feeling very wrong however, as you find yourself unable to move at all, your whole body unresponsive as your wide open eyes lock themselves with Haunter's. Extending his hands towards you, the Haunter firmly grasps your head as he comes face to face with you. Amidst a throbbing migraine, one by one you start losing your physical senses: your body numbs, your ears go deaf, your nose clogs up, and finally, you black out. In the end, the only thing left was your conciousness drifting in a sea of nothingness, the awareness that you still existed. Was this it? What would happen from now on? Maybe your foolishness had gotten the better of you. And then, it all started crashing back down like a bucket of cold water.

    ... You wake up; your back against the floor as you inhale deep and fast as if for the first time. Looking above you, you see the sky all shades of blue, red and orange as the evening sun just started to set down over the horizon. Stranger still was the feeling of grass and dirt beneath, and the sound of the ocean waves crashing against the shore. Incorporating yourself back up, you notice you find yourself once again in front of the lighthouse, though this time it somehow felt very different. You weren't quite yourself either as you notice you're wearing a white, silken dress, beautifully decorated with the outlined pattern of many floral stamps. Your hands, though still delicate and pale, were definitely not yours, and as you take a strand of your long and jet-black hair, it is made very clear that this whole body wasn't yours either.

    "You had me worried there, my lady." You hear a voice speak to you, and as you turn to its source you see a Gastly looking back at you with a concerned face. "These episodes of yours are happening way too often lately. Your mother would probably banish me to the other world if something happened to you. Mind you, I can't imagine worse a feeling than being forced to stay within that anchor of a body, but it is not yet your time, I'm afraid. Are you alright?" he asks. Talk about character immersion. Admittedly, it is kinda hard to play a character you don't know much about though.

    What will you do?
    Last edited by Balmund; 23rd May 2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Grammar

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::The Lighthouse::

    Marion Ette: Though the role of a priestess was not quite what you had in mind, if that was what was needed to help the poor restless souls that inhabited this lighthouse then so be it. You needed the Haunter's help, and for that you were willing to pay the price and play the potentially deadly game.

    Pulling your Friend Ball out, you recall Sangre back before turning towards August, who warns you in vain of the completely unwaise decision you're making. Though she knows she can't keep you from doing what you think is right, a part of her still desperately wants to do something about it. Listening under your embrace to what could be your final loving words towards your partners, she nods understandingly while fighting against her inner impulses. As you finally recall august into her Pokéball, you find yourself alone with Haunter and you let him know plain and direct just how dead serious your resolution is.

    "I can see that." He replied, his tone reflecting yours. "Well then, let's not delay this any longer." He grinned, his eyes now glowing bright as he slowly floated towards you. Things start feeling very wrong however, as you find yourself unable to move at all, your whole body unresponsive as your wide open eyes lock themselves with Haunter's. Extending his hands towards you, the Haunter firmly grasps your head as he comes face to face with you. Amidst a throbbing migraine, one by one you start losing your physical senses: your body numbs, your ears go deaf, your nose clogs up, and finally, you black out. In the end, the only thing left was your conciousness drifting in a sea of nothingness, the awareness that you still existed. Was this it? What would happen from now on? Maybe your foolishness had gotten the better of you. And then, it all started crashing back down like a bucket of cold water.

    ... You wake up; your back against the floor as you inhale deep and fast as if for the first time. Looking above you, you see the sky all shades of blue, red and orange as the evening sun just started to set down over the horizon. Stranger still was the feeling of grass and dirt beneath, and the sound of the ocean waves crashing against the shore. Incorporating yourself back up, you notice you find yourself once again in front of the lighthouse, though this time it somehow felt very different. You weren't quite yourself either as you notice you're wearing a white, silken dress, beautifully decorated with the outlined pattern of many floral stamps. Your hands, though still delicate and pale, were definitely not yours, and as you take a strand of your long and jet-black hair, it is made very clear that this whole body wasn't yours either.

    "You had me worried there, my lady." You hear a voice speak to you, and as you turn to its source you see a Gastly looking back at you with a concerned face. "These episodes of yours are happening way too often lately. Your mother would probably banish me to the other world if something happened to you. Mind you, I can't imagine worse a feeling than being forced to stay within that anchor of a body, but it is not yet your time, I'm afraid. Are you alright?" he asks. Talk about character immersion. Admittedly, it is kinda hard to play a character you don't know much about though.

    What will you do?
    Haunter grins and begins floating towards Marion, the aura around him suggesting that he was about to perform some sort of strange ability or procedure. Marion takes one last, deep breath; the action seems quite appropriate, since the moment after she takes that breath, her breath is taken away from her. The feeling of paralysis is so complete that it feels as if Marion's very heart has stopped beating. Eyes forced wide-open and fixed on Haunter, Marion tries to think, to respond, to do anything at all, but her very thoughts seem locked within her skull, just as she is locked within her body. Haunter's hand firmly grips Marion's head, and a blinding, searing pain radiates from Haunter's hand and seems to echo down her spine. Her senses leave in the order of touch, hearing, taste/smell and finally vision as she completely blacks out. Completely deprived of her senses, she feels as though she is floating in nothingness, a mind without a body. Marion wonders, briefly, if the Haunter had indeed decided to kill her. Perhaps the joke was that she willingly went to her own death... It was the dark, ironic sort of humor she had come to expect. Her thoughts gradually releasing themselves from paralysis, she wonders what type of ghost Pokemon she will come back as. "I could be a Shuppet, like Minerva. She would be pleased to have the upper hand on me again. Or maybe a Duskull, like little Liliana... The two of us are very alike. Hm. I remember Keith saying he wanted a Gastly. I love Gastlies. Perhaps he could train me into a powerful Pokemon. It wouldn't be so bad being trained by someone you know, would it? I wonder what it would be like to live inside a Pokeball, or to use Dream Eater, or to faint after a long battle..."

    Marion's thoughts are cut off suddenly as she is violently shaken out of her reverie, as if by a sudden jolt; her senses come back to her in a flood, and she gasps for breath as if awakening from death itself. She can feel the pull of the Earth's familiar gravity on her back, the scent of grass and ocean air filling her nostrils. Her eyes take in the beautiful sunset before her, and she immediately tries to sit up, hoping to get out of the sun as fast as possible. It is at that moment that she realizes that her skin does not feel as if it is burning, despite being out in the sun. It was as if she had never spent years alone in the dark. It was as if... it was as if she wasn't in her own body at all. Marion lifts her hands to her eyes, and though they are pale, they are pale within what can normally be expected for human skin. The ghostly quality is gone, and the shape and structure of her hand seems... off. She pulls a lock of her hair out from behind her, expecting wispy, pale lavender locks, but is instead met with a lock of thick, ebony hair which glistens in the waning sunlight. The voice of someone addressing Marion as "my lady" gives Marion the sudden realization that Haunter must have indeed placed her into the body of someone else... A priestess, was it? Marion had to think fast.

    Turning towards the Gastly who addresses her, Marion tries to use context clues in order to assume the priestess's identity. Slowly standing up, Marion tries to give the Gastly a concerned look with this new face of hers. "I am fine in body, though I fear my memory has taken quite the tumble. I cannot seem to remember anything... not even my own name!" Marion attempts to smile, hoping that her new lips will not contort themselves oddly in the process. "I am certain these things will come back with time, as I get back on my feet... Perhaps you can help jog my memory. Bits and pieces may help awaken other memories, you know." Marion's priestess-head nods towards the Gastly, encouraging him to help her. "Must have been quite the episode, huh... but we... We have a job to do, don't we?"

    [FB || PASBL]

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Seaside City::

    Charminions: Certainly, a school of mimes wasn't something that would draw your attention, and really, who would be interested in something like that anyways? Mimes are a wierd bunch. Pro Wrestling however, now that was a reliable cure for boredom, and Apollo even seemed excited at the prostpect. It was an easy decision for the both of you as you pull out a map locate the wrestling school right before eagerly setting off towards it. Luckily, it wasn't much of a walk at all as barely a couple of blocks away from the park both, you and Apollo, find yourselves in front of the building's entrance, which stood amidst a small plaza along with some offices and fast-food restaurants, yet stood out from the bunch with its bright cerulean paint. With Crasher Wake's hanging high and visible for all, the place was pretty much unmissable.

    As you cross the glass door you walk in into what is, for all intents and purposes, a fitness gym, very well assorted with all sort of machines, some of which you could only wonder just what kind of muscles they would excercise. The presence of a wrestling ring, of course, was indispensable. You could see several portraits hanging along the walls of some fo the greatest wrestling super-stars who have started their careers in this very gym, and of course, the presence of a framed poster of the legendary Wake along with his faithful Floatzel was indispensable. Though pro-wrestling itself wasn't particularly attractive for everyone, many did come over if only for the facilities alone, and it showed as it certainly wasn't starving for customers, both human and Pokémon alike constantly training here to their hearts content.

    "Welcome!" You're greeted by a cute recepcionist behind a small counter. "How may I help you?" she asks with a smile.

    What will you do?
    Charm and Apollo continued walking towards the Pro Wrestling School. It was a short walk, as they saw the unmissable Crasher Wake sign on top of the cerulean blue gym.

    Woah, Wake? As in Crasher Wake? I can't believe I didn't notice this before. But isn't Crasher Wake a Water Gym Leader? Charm thought to himself and he stared in amazement. The duo walk through the glass door and notice the gym like any ordinary fitness gym. Well, except for that wrestling ring in the middle. Charm stared in awe at the different pictures hanging on the walls of champion wrestlers and their pokemon. Charm continued to look around and noticed that many people and pokemon were around training and sweating it out.

    "Welcome!" he suddenly hears. He looks around to see an attractive receptionist behind a counter. ""How may I help you?" she asks giving the usual smile a receptionist would give.

    With one look he suddenly turns red. "Oh... um... I..." Charm mumbled on feeling a little nervous around the receptionist. He never has been good with women it seems. "... I heard... that there were free classes here... for beginners... Where can I go for that?
    Last edited by Charminions; 21st May 2012 at 9:43 PM.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •