Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.

Western Shore
    The western shore of Whale Island has more rocky, craggy cliffs than stunning sandy beaches, but has its own attractions nonetheless. Several villages and freshwater springs dot the area. Whether you're here for relaxation, adrenaline rushing water sports, or to find new Pokémon, you're sure to find something to keep you happy during your stay.

Areas:

The Lighthouse: A lighthouse situated atop the cliffs overlooking the Delphin Heads, the lighthouse has long since been unmanned. It's light never goes out, however, despite the fact no maintenance has been carried out here for more than forty years...

Trike! Electrike! Electrike zoomed briskly across the sandy trail. Mini sand dusts formed behind him before settling again. Behind Rey, Poochyena dashed to catch up.

"Don't go too far Rey and Neko!" Vernon was pacing himself with a light jog, while Tepig was urging him on comfortably in his backpack. Snort snort, Tepig positively said. At last, Vernon could see the horizon line of the ocean, and slowed down to a walking pace. It only took a few steps to finally reveal the small village near the shore below the hill. Above the village overlooks the Lighthouse. It was the only thing out of place in the perfect image. The sparkling ocean, wingulls flying cozily in the sky, swirling white clouds in a perfect blue sky, humble errands being done in the small village, then the lighthouse. Moss covered its bottom half, and rust covered the top. It was situated in a cliff, which Vernon assumed would've been a great sight during a sunset back when the Lighthouse was working. Regardless, Vernon sprinted downhill to catch up to Rey and Neko, who were picking up speed towards the village.

--

The village was old and rural. Vernon loved the peaceful aura of the place. Villagers greeted him and pet Neko and Rey as they walked by, even though most of them were in a hurry to do their errands. At the end of the village lies a small cliff, leading to the sandy beach. The cliff wasn't high enough to get someone injured, so Vernon hopped down towards the beach. Tepig hopped off his backpack to enjoy the sand and the sun. Finally, Vernon situated himself in the sand and placed his backpack next to him. He thought about the Lighthouse, and whatever happened to it. You think people in the village might know? Vernon stands up to find out.

"Guys, stay in the beach for now, I'll be right back." Vernon signaled a Stay hand gesture to them, which made all three stare at him blankly. Then when he turned around and walked back to the village, the three played again.

OOC: Congrats on being a new updator KG!

3DS FC: 1805 - 2374 - 9672
    PASBL

Well, extroph, looks like your my only updatee for the time being.

The Lighthouse

extroph:
    You and your three amigos arrive on Whale Island’s scenic Western Shore. Peppered with steep crags, the salty ocean air is simultaneously soothing and invigorating. You ponder the mysterious lighthouse and wonder if the friendly villagers that you’ve passed may know anything about it. With great faith that will behave, you leave Rey, Neko, and Tepig while you go to investigate.

As you head back toward the village, the lighthouse in the distance once again catches your eye. You stop to admire it from a distance in your solitude. Or what you think is solitude.

“Aye, lad. A beautiful mystery, she is,” says a voice from behind you.

You turn and see this man standing behind you. A corncob pipe dangles from his lips, and his dark, wrinkled skin shows the roughness that comes with years of being subjected to the hot sun and sharp winds on the high seas. Though he takes you by surprise, his weary blue eyes appear kind beneath his bushy white eyebrows.

“As me father told me, in that lighthouse lives the heartbroken soul of the seafarer’s wife. Her husband left early one morning to go on a catch. But the young sailor was ripped in twain upon the high seas by the Monster of the Mist. Aye, but the poor lass couldn’t bare the thought of losing her beloved. So every night she would climb to the top of the tower and light the flame to guide him back to shore. But that, me boy, was many years ago. Though she may have passed, the legend says that her spirit returns every evening to shine love’s everlasting beacon into the night sky hoping that one day he would return…

Aye, but a legend it is not! It is fact! The Monster of the Mist remains at large, he does! I’ve seen him with me own two eyes! And the seafarer’s wife! Her soul cannot rest! Well, I intend to find the Monster and said the sea demon to the depths of the briney deep where he belongs!”

The old man grabbed a bucket from the ground stuffed with his rain gear and headed toward a dock near the shore. He waved toward a small, ramshackled old sailboat. From the boat’s deck, three younger men waved back; the crew to this apparent captain.

“So it’s a sea adventure you desire, lad? Well, come aboard! This always room for another aboard Captain Correia’s ship!”

The captain headed toward his ship. Who knows what the Monster of the Mist could really be? Do you follow the captain or do you prefer to continue toward the lighthouse in search of the alleged seafarer’s wife?

What do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by King Ghidorah View Post
    Well, extroph, looks like your my only updatee for the time being.

The Lighthouse

extroph:
    You and your three amigos arrive on Whale Island’s scenic Western Shore. Peppered with steep crags, the salty ocean air is simultaneously soothing and invigorating. You ponder the mysterious lighthouse and wonder if the friendly villagers that you’ve passed may know anything about it. With great faith that will behave, you leave Rey, Neko, and Tepig while you go to investigate.

As you head back toward the village, the lighthouse in the distance once again catches your eye. You stop to admire it from a distance in your solitude. Or what you think is solitude.

“Aye, lad. A beautiful mystery, she is,” says a voice from behind you.

You turn and see this man standing behind you. A corncob pipe dangles from his lips, and his dark, wrinkled skin shows the roughness that comes with years of being subjected to the hot sun and sharp winds on the high seas. Though he takes you by surprise, his weary blue eyes appear kind beneath his bushy white eyebrows.

“As me father told me, in that lighthouse lives the heartbroken soul of the seafarer’s wife. Her husband left early one morning to go on a catch. But the young sailor was ripped in twain upon the high seas by the Monster of the Mist. Aye, but the poor lass couldn’t bare the thought of losing her beloved. So every night she would climb to the top of the tower and light the flame to guide him back to shore. But that, me boy, was many years ago. Though she may have passed, the legend says that her spirit returns every evening to shine love’s everlasting beacon into the night sky hoping that one day he would return…

Aye, but a legend it is not! It is fact! The Monster of the Mist remains at large, he does! I’ve seen him with me own two eyes! And the seafarer’s wife! Her soul cannot rest! Well, I intend to find the Monster and said the sea demon to the depths of the briney deep where he belongs!”

The old man grabbed a bucket from the ground stuffed with his rain gear and headed toward a dock near the shore. He waved toward a small, ramshackled old sailboat. From the boat’s deck, three younger men waved back; the crew to this apparent captain.

“So it’s a sea adventure you desire, lad? Well, come aboard! This always room for another aboard Captain Correia’s ship!”

The captain headed toward his ship. Who knows what the Monster of the Mist could really be? Do you follow the captain or do you prefer to continue toward the lighthouse in search of the alleged seafarer’s wife?

What do you do?
    OOC: Sounds good. We'll get stuff done faster I guess xD

Vernon grunts as he got up from the shore, and started to walk towards the village. After going deep inside the village, Vernon's interest was pulled by the Lighthouse again. It stood ominously above everything in the area. Vernon felt alone when looking at it. Like he was the only one in the village at the time. All sounds from the busy day was blocked away. Then, he came back to his senses when a man starts a conversation.

He was in his late 50's but was still strongly built. He proceeded to explain to Vernon what has happened to the seafarer's wife, and how her spirit would come back to turn on the lights of the Lighthouse. All this sounded interesting, but he couldn't face any paranormal experiences for his life. Vernon had a great fear of ghosts....and burglars...and maids....and a lot of things. But then again, maybe a trip to the Lighthouse can toughen him up.

But then the man headed towards the dock. He invited Vernon to come search for the Monster of the Sea with him, which halved his decisions. Should he come visit the Monster, and possibly get lost in the ocean, or should he get scared to death by a heart broken ghost lady? All this was too much for Vernon, but he nods back to the man. "I'm coming! Lemme go get my friends first." And with that, Vernon hurried towards the shore again, trying not to bump into as much people as possible. As he got closer to shore, he could hear the playful noises of the three. He whistled to call them, and they ran enthusiastically back to him. "Return, all three of you!" At this statement, Vernon threw the Pokeballs of the three Pokemon right above them, and it proceeded to suck them back inside. Vernon knew that Spearow can handle a sea trip, without having the chance of falling off the ship. So he called Vince out, who then squawked joyfully. It was happy to be out of its Pokeball, and into the open sky. For a few minutes it circled high above, but later flew back down, exhausted, and perched on Vernon's arm.

They jogged excitedly towards Captain Correia’s ship, wondering who the Monster of the Sea could be. Surely it can't be a legendary. Wailord? Sharpedo? Whatever it was, Vernon was excited to see it.

Vernon's excitement turned to fear after he realized that the ship was an old sailboat. Did he mention that he was afraid of drowning? He doesn't recall, but he decided not to bring it up so the old man won't get offended. After some hesitation, he finally entered the sailboat.

PASBL

Default Whale Island Adventures: Batch 10

Time to post this batch now. Apologies to jolteonjak, after a sudden schedule change, I'm not having tomorrow off anymore, and thus, I will have to postpone yours until the next week.

::Pieli Harbour::

MarbleZone: "Okay... right over here, then," Andrew said, sounding more and more dubious about the whole thing, but he was desperate, and seldomly does one sit down to ask questions in desperation, "and remember, nobody outside can know about this!" he reminded you, perhaps a bit too paranoid. You however did not look nearly as worried; how hard could it be to take out a small group of Grimer anyways? Led into the small building, the clark's face suddenly turns pale however, as you both see a lone Grimer in the middle of the hallway, a trace of sludge leading back to a large metallic door shut tight with a makeshift barricade.

"You've got to be kidding me!" exclaimed Andrew in horrow as he wondered just how the heck did it manage to get out already. For better or worse now will be your chance to prove him your Grimer busting skills.

What will you do?

uhhhhh: Alarmed by the situation in front of you, you're quick to issue instructions, Foster going invisibly floating through the door while the waitress sprints out running, screaming like a madwoman for help.

"I always carry my Pokémon with me," Kim replied to you as you asked for her help, her demeanor changing radically as she did; sure enough she intented to do something about this even if you didn't. "Lola, we need you!" She yells, taking a Love Ball out and throwing it into the air, the ball bursting with bright, lovable colors as the light within materializes into a Lopunny.

Taking a brief look at the Weavile, you could appreciate the differences between the them; the apparent leader standing in the middle of the three, with a face that denoted an highly calculating and malicious mind. In sharp contrast, the Weavile to its right sported a wide open grin and constantly twitched and foamed from its mouth as if it were on drugs. The third one, in comparison, seemed practically emotionless, looking at you all with an impenetrable gaze.

Quickly getting into formation, the Weaviles take the initiative as they all simultaneously leap into the air, charging large black orbs between their claws before they're launched into your Pokémon's general direction. Taffy steps in in your defense however, putting forth a Light Screen against the incoming barrage of Shadow Balls. You can hear the screen shatter to pieces as the attacks combine and explode into a single dome of Ghost-energy. As your field of vision clears up, you can see your Pokémon mostly unharmed, but Taffy wasn't looking all that well however.

Starting the counter-offense, Humphrey stomps hard into the ground, investing significant energy to summon a Rock Tomb from underneath the concrete while Gaspard and Lola both dash forward to meet their opponents head-on. The Weavile too rush onwards to meet them, their leader nimbly dodging the rising grave from the much slower and inexperienced Rock-type, and in turn zig-zagging towards Gaspard with amazing agility, creating illusory copies of itself with its Double team. The monkey Pokémon is surprised at the sudden increase of targets, and takes a wild-guess as he leaps; his Fire-cloaked tail Punching nothing but air as his fist goes right through one of the clones. He isn't quite done however, as he starts glowing a bright green, dashing to another of the images as soon as he lands on his feet, and this time effective nailing the proper target before U-turning to safety with a backflip. The Weavile is clearly not amused as it spits out to the side in disdain, taking a deep breath before howling out a ferocious Blizzard; the ice-cold winds chilling Gaspard greatly, and more so it did to the lower-leveled Humphrey; he will not want to be taking many more of those.

On Kim's side, Lola swiftly closes the gap between herself and the stern weavile with a pair of long steps while spinning her right arm in the process. As she swings her Dizzy Punch accross the Weavile's face, it is sent flying a few feet back, spinning like a top, but surprisingly, it is able to land on its feet, skirting back a little bit with its expression still unchanged. Dashing towards Lola, it lets loose a quick and astonishing jab which she immediately tries to Protect against in reflex. Woe to her, however, it turned out to be Feint, Weavile suddenly cancelling its attack and whipping its arm against her jaw with a backspin. Before she could even react, the Weavile clenches his cyan-glowing fist before slamming its Ice Punch deep into the Lopunny's gut; a thin patch of ice forming in her midriff as a result. "Lola, now!" Kim commanded, keeping her focus, and the bunny diligently acts on cue, getting hold of the Weavile's arm before spinning it round overhead, launching it against the rocky formation with her Circle Throw.

Taffy seemed to be having her hand full as she dealt with the final Weavile who howled and laughed hysterically as it hacked and slashed like a beast with its Fury Swipes while Taffy only endured the assault by Curling up in Defense; an action that only fueled the Weavile's insane and disturbing state. Looking to finish off Taffy with stylish overkill, the Weavile's fist shimmers intensely with fighting spirit as it now thrusts a potentially devastating Focus Punch. It failed to notice Taffy's body glowing with a red aura in response however, and just as its fist made contact with her body, she suddenly bursts outwardly like an airbag upon collision, paying the Weavile back in spades with her Counter. You could almost hear the sickening noise of the Weavile's arm being crushed to a pulp in a fraction of a second before it got cannonballed straight into a wall; falling to the ground into complete uncounsciousness though still twitching like a half-dead bug. Taffy doesn't look good at all either after that exchange though, having already taken a beating before your arrival and now only hanging tight out of sheer willpower and desire to see her trainer safe and sound.

At least one Weavile was down now, though the leader still looked impecably healthy in comparison to everyone else, and as you saw the other one incorporate back to its feet, you could see a change in its expression alright; eyes fixated on Lola as it was apparently affected by her Cute Charm. Unlike how a regular enamoured Weavile would look though, this one now seemed to display extreme bloodlust and excitement. It would seem the kind of love this Weavile has is the kind that kills.

With all things going on right now, it is hard to relax and think straight if only for a bit, and just as your thoughts turned to Foster and Alice, you're shocked to see the ethereal figure of the Sjuppet being sent flying out of the restroom. As the door opens you see a man clad in black clothing come out from within, his face covered by black bandanas. Perched on his shoulder sat a Murkrow, glaring at you ominously. Behind him you could see Alice's body laying on the floow, and wether she was simply unconscious or worse was something you could not verify yet, but feared the possible answer, and more so did Kim who completely looses her cool and starts breaking down, too shocked to speak.

"So it was yours... I'll be taking that now, boy." He addressed you while taking a step forward, and it seemed to you that he limped as he did. "Thief." he then simply said, and in an instant it was made very clear what he meant as his Murkrow starts flying towards you, surrounded with an aura of darkness.

What will you do?

::Ampere Beach::

Emp: The man certainly must be under some sort of sun-induced delusion, but if what he wanted was a beachside Magikarp battle, then you were sure a beachside Magikarp battlehe was gonna get. Being on the far lower end of the spectrum in comparison when it comes to strength and experience in comparison to your other teammates, the experience gained here could only be of his benefit.

Scrambling back to you feet while Sitch crawled up to your shoulder, you looked down to Guppy, who still flopped pathetically as his water supply was spilled over more and more, before turning to the broom-haired guido, stretching your arm out to him with a cocky grin. Brimming with confidence, you'd even allow him the first move. The man seems amused by your gesture, returning the same cocky grin while giving you a strong bro-handshake, quickly withdrawing his hand afterwards before stroking his gel-saturated hair. "You're gonna lose, bro! Ain't nobody beating Robbie on his turf!" He exclaimed while pointing his thumb to himself.

You both move to a more suitable area for battle, your naked feet suffering along the way until you reach the moist and cool sand at the shore - at least Guppi seemed content enough to be out of his bucket. Wasting not another second, Robbie throws his own Pokéball into the air, releasing his average-looking Magikarp which flails energetically mid-air before falling into the water.

"Alright Snookie, let's finish this quick! Dragon Rage!" he commanded with an almost psychotic slasher smile on his face. Now that's a move you don't ever see a Magikarp doing. Perhaps this one isn't nearly as average as one would think.

What will you do?

::Seaside City::

Charminions: "Excellent" exclaimes the receptionist as you sign the waiver. Perhaps a decision your body might later regret, but, recalling the multiple times you would get pinned by your brothers back at home, learning to fight better was an opportunity you wouldn't pass up. "Right over here please," sha then said before leading you into the locker rooms. "Now, for your own safety, I will need you to wear this." She then said before handing you a pair of elbow and knee protectors. "Feel free to use the showers when you're ready to leave. You can also store your goods within these lockers while you stay here, if you wish. Once you're ready, head over to the ring. The Maestro will be there shortly." She finished with another cute smile.

Geared up and ready for some wrestling, you walk to the wrestling ring and meet up with the other first-time students that had shown up today. A slander, dark-skinned teen gave you gave you an updward nod in greeting while his Vigoroth seemed completely fixated on Apollo, staring at him in an excited and defiant manner. Next to him, a chubby man with short black hair and a goatee seemed very busy chatting up with another one, young, golden-haired, physically fit man; their Swalot and Pinsir also getting to know each other, mimicking their owners' personality and mannerisms. The duo quickly glance over you and greet you with a short nod before moving on to their conversation. Leaning against a wall, a young lass with a long, black ponytail also looked at you carefully, whereas the Meditite beside her simply sat in an apparent state of deep concentration.

"Yo!" The slender man suddenly approached. "'Sup, the name's Devon. Listen, I don't know when this 'Maestro' dude is gonna show up, if ever, but all I see in an empty ring and Bubbah here wants to fight." The Vigoroth stared even more intensely to Apollo, pumping itself into a battle frenzy in anticipation. "You gonna testify, or what?" Devon challenged.

What will you do?

::Rainbow Reef::

xXKratosAurionXx: It had been a long journey since you dared venture out of the winterlands of your home, and well worth it as you stood mouth-agape in amazement before the vast azure ocean. You were already all too eager to explore and see with your own eyes the variety of Pokémon that called this place home, as well as to discover and unravel the secrets left behind by the ancient civilization that thrived on this island once upon a time.

Ready for whatever layed ahead of you, you abandon the lone sandy bank you stood atop of to dive into the clear and cool waters, encouraging your partner, Brunhilde, to follow; the brave and noble Spheal keeping up with you despite her chubby, round body not yet being fully adapted for graceful underwater swimming. That didn't matter to her though, she would loyally follow you anywhere on each new chapter of your life, be it the ice cold waters of your native home, or the tropical lands of Whale Island.

Submerging ever deeper into the oceans depths, your eyes widen as they are witness to the marvelous kaleidoscope of colors before you; ever growing in beauty the closer you got. A natural, unreplicable, abstract sculpture, further enhanced by lightstreams filtering from above the surface, exposing it like a priceless jewel under a spotlight. Life flourished wherever you laid your eyes upon as a plethora of Water-type Pokémon swam about in a carefree manner, finding safety and refuge under the protection offered by the reef, and in turn finding themselves living proof of the reef's health and well-being. Before you, a pair of Staryu dance, spinning round and round in a graceful underwater ballet, while not too far off, a giant school of Luvdisc breeze by, swimming together like a single pink, heart-shaped organism. From up above, a Mantine gently glided down to the floor, passing through a field of Tantacool, glowing ruby red as they let themselves get carried away by the currents like Hoppip on a warm summer day. So many different Pokémon already, and this probably was the tip of the iceberg. The possibilities, what else layed there waiting for you to find?

You're suddenly snapped out of your thoughts however, as Brunhilde taps you in warning. Appearing almost like a ghost, you see a Sharpedo stealthily move about like a tiger on the prowl. As you notice all but the largest of Pokémon hiding into safety, the notion that you might indeed be in great danger is further reinforced. You would have to tread very carefully if you don't want to become food for sharks.

What will you do?

::The Lighthouse::

Marion Ette: The prescence of this man was certainly surprising, and you wonder just what kind of person hides behind his stern exterior. That was question that was best answered later, for now, all you could do was to introduce simply introduce yourself and explain your intentions.

"We have traveled far, and it's getting dark. We seek shelter for the night." Gastly further explained in human tongue, his accent sounding somewhat eerie as one would expect, though his pronounciation actually sounded quite remarkably fluid. Kinda ironic to say that you needed protection against the night, your other close friend, especially coming from the mouth of a Gastly, but you gathered it was a necessary lie. "You wouldn't leave a young lady sleeping outside, would you?" He posed the question, appealing to the old man's sense of charity and honor.

The man seems to delibarate in silence for a moment, carefully thinking about what he had just heard. "You may come inside," he then said after a pause, his voice sounding tired and rough, "but I would rather you didn't. There's a room downstairs you can use. I will spend the night at the top, as I have done every single night for the past 30 years."

"Kikyo, your voice has a nice ring to it. It reminds me of my departed wife. My eyes have grown sick - I can only tell the difference between light and shadow... and soon, not even this beacon will be ever able to pull me out of the approaching darkness. Kikyo... if you would... may I hold your hand?" He now politely asked you.

What will you do?
    Last edited by Balmund; 15th June 2012 at 3:06 AM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Rainbow Reef::

xXKratosAurionXx: It had been a long journey since you dared venture out of the winterlands of your home, and well worth it as you stood mouth-agape in amazement before the vast azure ocean. You were already all too eager to explore and see with your own eyes the variety of Pokémon that called this place home, as well as to discover and unravel the secrets left behind by the ancient civilization that thrived on this island once upon a time.

Ready for whatever layed ahead of you, you abandon the lone sandy bank you stood atop of to dive into the clear and cool waters, encouraging your partner, Brunhilde, to follow; the brave and noble Spheal keeping up with you despite her chubby, round body not yet being fully adapted for graceful underwater swimming. That didn't matter to her though, she would loyally follow you anywhere on each new chapter of your life, be it the ice cold waters of your native home, or the tropical lands of Whale Island.

Submerging ever deeper into the oceans depths, your eyes widen as they are witness to the marvelous kaleidoscope of colors before you; ever growing in beauty the closer you got. A natural, unreplicable, abstract sculpture, further enhanced by lightstreams filtering from above the surface, exposing it like a priceless jewel under a spotlight. Life flourished wherever you laid your eyes upon as a plethora of Water-type Pokémon swam about in a carefree manner, finding safety and refuge under the protection offered by the reef, and in turn finding themselves living proof of the reef's health and well-being. Before you, a pair of Staryu dance, spinning round and round in a graceful underwater ballet, while not too far off, a giant school of Luvdisc breeze by, swimming together like a single pink, heart-shaped organism. From up above, a Mantine gently glided down to the floor, passing through a field of Tantacool, glowing ruby red as they let themselves get carried away by the currents like Hoppip on a warm summer day. So many different Pokémon already, and this probably was the tip of the iceberg. The possibilities, what else layed there waiting for you to find?

You're suddenly snapped out of your thoughts however, as Brunhilde taps you in warning. Appearing almost like a ghost, you see a Sharpedo stealthily moce about like a tiger on the prowl. As you notice all but the largest of Pokémon hiding into safety, the notion that you might indeed be in great danger is further reinforced. You would have to tread very carefully if you don't want to become food for sharks.

What will you do?
    Our Trainer, deeply engaged in the wonders nad miracles that inhabit the depths of the ocean, is perhaps a bit too distracted from the dangers that may lurk within the azure domain of Water Pokemon. However, thankfully, he is not alone. His trusty partner, Brunhilde, always ready to jump into action, warns our Trainer to wawken from his fantasies of the ocean's diversity, and be wary of the master of the domain, who has finally returned to stand his ground against intruders. Indeed, a Sharpedo, stalking prey like an avid hunter, obviously experienced in the art of survival, swam in and around the waters that surrounded our Trainer and his partner. Deciding to follow his instinct, and stick to the theories he had learned in the Academy, he told to himself and to his trusty Pokemon as he revised his thought process one final time: "Brunhilde, as this is not our Battle... Let us leave the Sharpedo's territory slowly and respectfully, making no notion of weakness, neither disrespect towards the Brutal Pokemon's dominion over these waters. There are many reported ruin sites in these waters, so let us survey another one for the time being. Be on your guard, however, for if necesarry, we must answer accordingly to the threat..."

As he told these words to his Pokemon, our Trainer could feel his adrenaline flowing, and his heart beating faster, and faster as he slowly pulled back from the Sharpedo's territory, following the advice the other Pokemon had left him. Deciding to continue his hunt for ruins and Pokemon elsewhere, he slowly swam away in such a manner as not to alert not provoke the blue giant that continues to proul around, searching for prey. Yet, remembering his teachings and his training, our Trainer finally achieved a degree of serenity, focusing his mind, much like the Captain had taught him to in the Academy during several combat and Battle drill courses, and displayed no fear as he made his slow retreat. Wether the Sharpedo could notice, however, was far beyond his reach, and he could only hope that he could escape unnoticed from the maw of the Brutal Pokemon, and that the mighty shark would not find his partner's round shape too enticing to actually lounge in for the kill...
    [水]
    Former OSL Gym Leader

"Hear my call and arise before me..."

Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.

Suicune's Effigy: A life size stone statue of the Legendary Aurora Pokémon Suicune, depicted in an eternal roar. Some say the statue is real, and that Suicune comes to life when needed. Whether this is true or not, the statue has a powerful presence and some swear its eyes follow them as they pass by.
    http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=4125

Time to post this batch now. Apologies to jolteonjak, after a sudden schedule change, I'm not having tomorrow off anymore, and thus, I will have to postpone yours until the next week.

::Ampere Beach::

Emp: The man certainly must be under some sort of sun-induced delusion, but if what he wanted was a beachside Magikarp battle, then you were sure a beachside Magikarp battlehe was gonna get. Being on the far lower end of the spectrum in comparison when it comes to strength and experience in comparison to your other teammates, the experience gained here could only be of his benefit.

Scrambling back to you feet while Sitch crawled up to your shoulder, you looked down to Guppy, who still flopped pathetically as his water supply was spilled over more and more, before turning to the broom-haired guido, stretching your arm out to him with a cocky grin. Brimming with confidence, you'd even allow him the first move. The man seems amused by your gesture, returning the same cocky grin while giving you a strong bro-handshake, quickly withdrawing his hand afterwards before stroking his gel-saturated hair. "You're gonna lose, bro! Ain't nobody beating Robbie on his turf!" He exclaimed while pointing his thumb to himself.

You both move to a more suitable area for battle, your naked feet suffering along the way until you reach the moist and cool sand at the shore - at least Guppi seemed content enough to be out of his bucket. Wasting not another second, Robbie throws his own Pokéball into the air, releasing his average-looking Magikarp which flails energetically mid-air before falling into the water.

"Alright Snookie, let's finish this quick! Dragon Rage!" he commanded with an almost psychotic slasher smile on his face. Now that's a move you don't ever see a Magikarp doing. Perhaps this one isn't nearly as average as one would think.

What will you do?
    Wes’s grin was instantly reciprocated, the guido looking entertained by the much smaller kid’s show of confidence. It was a battle of two rather inflated egos as the trainer’s hand was yanked by the bodybuilder and shaken firmly. Wes winced as he pulled away from the handshake with his whole hand throbbing slightly. Signs of exasperation were already showing on the kid’s face as the hunk combed his fingers through his slick-back hair smugly. He couldn’t imagine the embarrassment of losing to such an dim-witted beachgoer, that wasn’t an option.

"You're gonna lose, bro! Ain't nobody beating Robbie on his turf!" he boasted, flicking a thumb toward his dancing pecks.
    “We’ll see about that...” Wes muttered under his breath, a great smirk growing on his face as he grabbed the handles of the shallow pail.

Not wanting to dehydrate the sorry salmon, the pair strolled further out toward the sea. Water tipped out of the bucket which was now almost drained as Wes frantically scuttled down the coast with his bare soles pulsing against the scalding sand. Wes paused in relief as his feet slumped into the moist shoreline, the muddy sand wriggling between his toes and soothing his burnt soles. He felt the foamy tide wash the sand away again, it was cold for a second but as he made his way into the turquoise sea it felt warm around his waist. Sitch clambered further up Wes now balancing on his crown – he didn’t like the idea of getting water in his pants. The trainer’s swim shorts billowed against the gentle waves as he held the bucket now in both hands. With a gentle tip, the now gasping Magikarp poured out of the pail and into the salty sea. He swam circles around the trainer for a while as his dry scales glistened healthily again, happy enough to stretch his fins.

“You up for some battling buddy?” Wes asked, not really getting any response from Guppy. When the trainer looked back up Robbie was sending out his own carp. He coolly pitched a Pokéball skyward, the ball dipping in midair and cracking open to reveal a regular orange Magikarp. The Karp flailed into the water with a splash - Guppy swimming over to get a closer look. He’d never met another of his kind before. Before small talk could be made, the bodybuilder volleyed his first orders. Wes’s jaw dropped, “Dragon Rage?” He looked ahead in confusion, Robbie’s smile was twisted and Wes wasn’t sure if this meant he’d lost his marbles or this was some sort of secret weapon.

“Okay... Bounce over the ‘Dragon Rage’ and into her”, Wes replied nervously, “Then bash the carp with two hard Tackles!” Wes thought he’d best not underestimate the opponent and suffer a humiliating defeat. The shiny Magikarp acknowledged his trainer for the first time all day as he bobbed forward ready for the fight of his life.

FB

Central Plains
    Mostly fertile farmland there's not much here for your average tourist or trainer although a few areas of interest do attract the more adventurous trainers. Electric Pokémon thrive out here and are often found roaming the fields. Better beware though, they're not all that fond of trainers getting too close to their young so take a wrong step and you may find yourself on the wrong end of a lightning bolt that hasn't come from the sky.

Energos Quarry: As a mine abandoned after an errant spark caused a massive cave-in that crushed hundreds of workers, Energos Quarry is full of an electro-magnetic ore that causes electrical devices to malfunction and electric Pokémon to act strangely even inside their Pokéballs. Although abandoned, there are still many gemstones to be found in the tunnels and mines within, although plucky adventurers are warned that some of the Pokémon living in the mines may be reluctant to part with the treasures.
    Alli and Pluto stared intently at the entrance to the Energos Quarry. Behind the splintery wooden frame the pathway inside slowly gave way to pitch blackness. "It's kind of spooky," mumbled Alli. Pluto ignored his trainer and stood beside her while playing with a yo-yo. "I think we'll find some good electric-type Pokemon in there," she rolled a Pokeball back and fourth in her hands. Pluto flipped the yo-yo upwards and caught it in his mouth. He chewed it and sipped up the yo-yo string like a piece of spaghetti. "Hey!," Alli extended a hand and Pluto spit up the mashed, slobbered yo-yo into it. Alli shook the yo-yo off and stuffed it into her backpack.

Pluto, despite his apathetic demeanor, was equally excited about the mine. There were gemstones in there, Pluto could tell, and thoughts of consuming them made him salivate. After locating the jewels, Pluto wanted either to immediately claim them as his own or deceive who ever did have them into giving them up. Of course, that might entail a quick escape plan. Pluto glanced up at his trainer who wore a hopelessly naďve grin on her face. This meant further planning was in order. Pluto began to conjure up more schemes to ensure his success.

Electricity crackled from inside the cave. "You know what I think happened to this mine," Alli started. Pluto didn't want to know, but knew he'd have to listen through it anyway and kept quiet. "I bet you it was a Thunderbird that flew down and zapped this mine with lightening, causing all the Pokemon inside to be super charged and turning them into the first electric-types!" Pluto shook his head discouragingly, but Alli took no notice of it. Neither one of them knew the tragic truth of what really happened in the mine. Alli would never have dared venture into such a dangerous grotto if she'd known.

While focusing on the mine entrance, Alli she took a deep breathe. "Okay, here we go!" Alli marched forward into the darkness. Pluto did not. He waited for a moment until Alli reemerged. "It's kind of dark in there." She scooped Pluto up into her arms and he promptly went limp. Alli held his head up and let his glowing eyes light the way as the two of them traveled deep into the gloomy cavern.

Last edited by allishinca; 11th July 2012 at 9:01 PM.

::Seaside City::

Charminions: "Excellent" exclaimes the receptionist as you sign the waiver. Perhaps a decision your body might later regret, but, recalling the multiple times you would get pinned by your brothers back at home, learning to fight better was an opportunity you wouldn't pass up. "Right over here please," sha then said before leading you into the locker rooms. "Now, for your own safety, I will need you to wear this." She then said before handing you a pair of elbow and knee protectors. "Feel free to use the showers when you're ready to leave. You can also store your goods within these lockers while you stay here, if you wish. Once you're ready, head over to the ring. The Maestro will be there shortly." She finished with another cute smile.

Geared up and ready for some wrestling, you walk to the wrestling ring and meet up with the other first-time students that had shown up today. A slander, dark-skinned teen gave you gave you an updward nod in greeting while his Vigoroth seemed completely fixated on Apollo, staring at him in an excited and defiant manner. Next to him, a chubby man with short black hair and a goatee seemed very busy chatting up with another one, young, golden-haired, physically fit man; their Swalot and Pinsir also getting to know each other, mimicking their owners' personality and mannerisms. The duo quickly glance over you and greet you with a short nod before moving on to their conversation. Leaning against a wall, a young lass with a long, black ponytail also looked at you carefully, whereas the Meditite beside her simply sat in an apparent state of deep concentration.

"Yo!" The slender man suddenly approached. "'Sup, the name's Devon. Listen, I don't when this 'Maestro' dude is gonna show up, if ever, but all I see in an empty ring and Bubbah here wants to fight." The Vigoroth stared even more intensely to Apollo, pumping itself into a battle frenzy in anticipation. "You gonna testify, or what?" Devon challenged.

What will you do?
    "Excellent," the receptionist delightfully says as Charm finishes signing the waiver. "Right over here please," she begins leading them to the locker rooms. Charm felt a little giddy for what's to come, but also slightly worried for his and his pokemon's safety. "Now, for your own safety, I will need you to wear this," the receptionist hands him some knee and elbow safety gear. Feel free to use the showers when you're ready to leave. You can also store your goods within these lockers while you stay here, if you wish. Once you're ready, head over to the ring. The Maestro will be there shortly," she finishes, giving a final warm smile before leaving. Charm has to look away so he can hide his blush.

After suiting up the protective gear, the duo walks to the wrestling ring and finds quite a few people already waiting there. A dark-skinned teen with a Vigoroth gives him a upward nod while the Vigoroth stares intently at Apollo. "Keep your eyes open, Apollo, that Vigoroth may want to eat you," Charm warns, shuddering at their previous experiance in The Cloud Forest. Beside them was a fat guy with a goatee and short black hair chatting with a golden haired man who looks quite fit; their Swalot and Pinsir are also chit chatting away in the same fashion as their trainers. They give Charm a quick nod before continuing their conversation. Charm looks on and sees a young girl with a black ponytail staring at them. Charm looks away, Oh god, another woman... but what is she doing taking a wrestling class? he thinks to himself, I hope I don't end up wrestling her... Beside the black haired lass was a Meditite meditating away. And great, her Pokemon has a type advantage over mine as well... Charm is probably overthinking the situation when he's suddenly approached by the slander dark-skinned teen.

"Yo!" he calls out to Charm. "'Sup, the name's Devon. Listen, I don't when this 'Maestro' dude is gonna show up, if ever, but all I see in an empty ring and Bubbah here wants to fight." His Vigoroth, Bubbah, continues staring at Apollo and readying himself for battle. "You gonna testify, or what?" he asks.

Charm thinks it over for a second; an unauthorized battle is probably a bad idea, but there's no way Charm is turning down a challenge. "Definitely," Charm answers. "By the way, I'm Charm and this is my Combusken, Apollo". Apollo gives a loud "Combusken!" as he pumps himself up for battle, answering the Vigoroth with his own death stare.

The combatents ready themselves on the ring and Charm calls out his orders, "Alright Apollo, let's start with an Agility to speed yourself up. Then follow with a Fire Punch. Finish with a Double Kick!" Apollo gives a nod and gets in a fighting stance, showing he's ready for battle.

Default Whale Island - 11

Raine’s Wildlife Park

Son of Shadows: Adrenaline pumps through your veins as you approach one of the empty seats, taking on the roll of reluctant babysitter as you hunker down next to a child sporting a Pikachu costume. “OH HI THERE MY NAME’S BILLY WHATS YOURS?. IM SIX AND A HALF YEARS OLD MY MOM SAYS I’M TOO LITTLE TO RIDE THE KYA-KYO-“ You sigh as the kid spends about a minute trying to pronounce the legendary orca’s name, feeling like you should probably wave the attention of the ride attendant by now. But as the metal bar closed down tight on your gut you realise its too late. A sharp piston signals the start of the ride, a release of pressure sending the carts wheeling out of the station. Breaking out of the tunnel your eyes readjust to the light and you spot a huge pool built around the coaster’s tracks with several glass tunnels weaving in and out of it. As you look around in awe your heart skips a beat with a hook grappling onto the bottom of the cart as you reached a sharp incline. The kid continues to ask invasive questions, the barrier barely keeping him seated as he attempts to clamber out of the ride. You pull the kid back by one of his Pikachu ears at the ride continues its near-verticle climb into the skies. The few Goldeen you could spot diving in and out of the water below looked like tiny ants now as you had a birds eye view of the whole park. You squint toward the entrance, noticing the band of nefarious environmentalists were no longer protesting outside.

“HERE WE GO!” The kid screams, his feet swinging off the edge of the seat as you barely catch sight of the deaf-defying drop. With a noisy swoosh the cart tumbles over the edge at breakneck speed, eliciting a loud scream on your part and an even louder scream from Billy who was wailing in terror. The g-forces make your stomach turn as your cheeks ripple in the intense velocity – what a feeling! Before you know what’s hit you the ride crashes into the water causing an eruption of white foam, the salty spray going up your nose and into your eyes. The water rains down for a few seconds, soaking you to the bone and leaving the kid even more terrified as the pointy ears of his costume turned flaccid. The ride wasn’t over yet. The coaster continues through a series of steeps and falls, tunnels and loop-de-loops. The ride starts to slow down now as it enters one of the underwater tunnels, the thick glass giving you a good view of the spectacular wildlife. A school of Magikarp narrowly speeds overhead whilst you spot a mysterious looking Cloyster release a few bubbles from its bivalve before clamping shut.

Clerchunk

Suddenly the ride grinds to a halt, sending you jerking forward with a great deal of pain as the metal bar punches the air out of your stomach. “WAAAAAAH I WANNA GET OFF!” Screams the kid. You can’t help share his feelings as you stare more intently at the glass: It’d been heavily vandalised. There was a Team Aqua insignia scaled in red spraypaint on the window, and what looked like a small radio taped across it. Just behind you the a control box had been ripped apart somehow, sparking dangerously as several red wires stuck out. It looked like you were stuck. What’s worse is that the radio-like device suddenly starts blinking and nearby Sharpedo nosedive toward the tunnel in a wild frenzy! The school of sharks start bashing their heads against the window, the kid now screaming louder than ever. Whilst the tempered glass looked safe you soon start to notice small cracks. If you didn’t do something fast you’d end up fish food... What will you do?

Pengyzu: With Wingull the first casualty of the match your chances of pulling a win seemed certain. Mienfoo was surrounded and the youngster was looking desperate now. “JUMP KIIIICK” He yells stubbornly from the sidelines, not wanting to go out with a fight. Your orders seemed foolproof though as Kara and the famous Wailmer spring into action. The mustelid pants before lunging toward Keiko, something invisible suddenly grabbing both his arms and rendering the rodent immobile. The Ralts could be seen from high up on the waterslide scrunching his face as he channels a Psychic through his twistedspoon. The Wailmer calf couldn’t look more confident now as he sprung into the air with a crowd pleasing Bounce, somersaulting in midair before plummeting toward the fox who was still struggling to break free. Suddenly! The Mienfoo manages to release a leg which he Kicks skyward with Wailmer inches away... BOOM The two attacks collide, Mienfoo skidding down the pool in a jet of foamy water whilst Wailmer hurtled toward the heavens! Level Up for Kara

You squint in panic as the Wailmer keeps gaining altitude, now nothing but a blip in the sky. He suddenly starts to dip back to earth, but the blast had sent him crashing miles away from the kiddie pool. You watch in horror as the Wailmer calf drops somewhere on the other side of the park. The youngster shares your expression of disbelief as he recalls his knocked out Pokémon, whistling innocently as he scuttles away from the swimming pool. What were you going to do?! The big show was going to start in about a few hours time and you’d lost the star attraction! Once you finally calm down you decide the best way of tracking down Keiko would be to check the wildlife exhibits near to where he landed and ask if anyone had seen him. After all, a six-foot tall Wailmer calf wouldn’t be that hard to find, right? You worriedly amble toward the nearest signpost, there were two attractions pointing in Keiko’s direction: The Polar Exhibit and The Sharpedo Tanks. Where will you head first?

Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: DS: I blame this fella ^^;

It had taken a good half hour but finally both trainers had landed a bite and the trip was turning out a great success. Whilst Hyrem had bucketed his first fish after a fair struggle, Andy’s catch was proving a lot tougher to confine as it slid toward open water returning any of Tsar’s hits with twice the force. The trainer would sure need his wits about him to secure such a rare catch. Hyrem lined up his fishing tackle again as built another rod. This time he weaved a medium-length line through the metal hoops and hooked on a Seaweed lure which looked like a lock of Tangrowth’s curls. Leaning back he waved the rod forward, and with a plop it landed into the blue surf and plummeted midway down the ocean. Hyrem’s eyes lit up as he made out a few fish Pokémon already taking interest.

Just a few feet away adrenaline was pumping through Andy’s blood, competition getting the best of him as he’d probably landed the rarest catch on the boat. This excitement would be short-lived however if he let it get away! Just as quick as the orders leave his lips, Andy’s Bronzor hovers into action to intercept the snipe eel. Tsar nudges the Pokémon with a Tackle, provoking it enough to shoot off a Water Pulse in return. The aqua sphere collides with the mirror for a considerable hit, Tsar tumbling past the railings like a flipped coin. When he finally regains balance, water running off his shiny body, he spots the pink fish now inches from the edge of the cruiser. About to Dive back out of sight, the Gorebyss is caught off guard as a Confusion zaps it in the snout. The fish doesn’t think it safe to exit from this side of the boat, and starts squirming towards the nose of the liner until she’s joined by another catch...

With a strong yank Hyrem’s reel spins as one of the silhouetted fishes bites. With the fishing rod bending with considerable strain, the trainer supports himself against the railings whilst tugging with considerable effort. Beads of sweat start to trickle down his forehead, he could tell this catch was much stronger than the one he’d landed earlier. With the line much shorter it’s not long before the fish is in visual range – a large carnivorous-looking fish jerking feverishly with the sharp hook caught on its top lip. The green bass snarls as he’s towed out of the water with one last pull, thudding on the deck a few times before coming to a standstill. With a black streak down the top of its body and two red stripes above its eyes, you identify this catch as Basculin – the Hostile Pokémon. The fish quickly lives up to its name as Daphne fires off a Leech Seed, the bass ravaging through the vine netting with a Crunch. The Seedot shudders, and starts to Harden herself frozen in place. The Basculin isn’t quite interested in the acorn though as it leaps for Hyrem. A throbbing pain suddenly pulses up the angler’s leg as it Bites onto his foot! Its dagger-like teeth make quick work of Hyrem’s sneakers with the points scraping against his flesh. Acorn’s eyes widen, scuttling up and peppering the fish with another shower of Bullet Seeds. The bass drops instinctively, blood stained down the newly waxed floorboards. It looked like this fish was more interested in revenge than a getaway... 40 minutes remaining

Cascade Waterfall

Kaisap: Your trip to the magnificent Cascade Watefall wasn’t off to a great start. Just as Skitty was getting used to the noisy sound of crashing waterfalls, he’d been soaked by a playful Phanpy who’d broken off from its herd without warning. Your eyes fixate on the mother Donphan’s thick tusks as she mothers over her offspring, immediately sensing danger as the kitten hisses wildly. The baby elephant is oblivious to the cat’s loathing as he trumpets cutely, bounding after Skitty’s paw-like tail which was stuck up as a sign of defence. With the cat’s claws sharpened you sense you’d be in a heap of trouble if she left a scratch on Phanpy calf’s face. With the Skitty’s body hunched irritably, you quickly intervene by plucking her away from the Phanpy by the skin of her neck. You reason that the Phanpy only wanted to play and by retaliating she’d be picking a fight with the dangerous-looking mother. The kitten meows in despair as you run a towel through her dripping-wet fur, Phanpy trying to push the towel away so he could carry on playing.

You sit back cautiously as the ‘fun’ between the two Pokémon continued. Skitty was furious as the Phanpy kept pressing its trunk against her whiskers curiously, raising a paw before catching sight of the mother just a stretch away. It then tucks into a ball and begins Rolling Out around the cat – causing her to go bezerk as she tries to catch it like a ball of twine. Not before long the elephant’s younger brothers and sisters had snuck past their mother’s watchful eye - all fascinated by Skitty. She reluctantly plays nice, still hissing as the parade of Phanpy jumps on her head and licks her face. This is quite amusing from a bystander’s point, but any smile you might have had turns into caution as a loud THRUMP cuts through the air. You look over to the Donphan that was fixated on you, its padded foot scratching at the bank as it prepared to charge! It looks like she doesn’t trust you for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: The past hour seemed to have raced by as you fought off one of the toughest Pokémon you’d ever encountered. The giant flower had almost made a meal out of Sothe but thanks to the reptilian’s strong bond they were able the quell the beast for long enough. The Cradily was tiring now as it emitted a low groan, its wilted tentacles curling inwards. Now unsteadily waving back and forth on the weight of its head you take a few paces back to avoid being accidently squashed, volleying what you hoped would be your last set of orders. Sothe clenches his limp arm, gritting his teeth in efforts to subdue the pain of his internal injuries. Orcharist hisses her body coils and tightens, her double slithering off into the thickets with her participation superfluous. On your mark the anaconda and the gecko leap into the air – their blade appendages extending as they flicker an amethyst and lime colour respectively. The two hang in mid air for a split second, tumbling past the fossil with the subtlest of slices. Light-footedly landing on the other side of the lagoon, facing the back of the monster, they pant in extreme exasperation. Nothing seems to happen for as seconds pass by like hours, you almost wonder if the two attacks had made contact. Suddenly! The plant topples as his head slides off its sturdy stem, another section of his body collapsing at the same time leaving the fossil trisected. A few tentacles swirl around the pool’s current as a school of resident Goldeen swim back to the surface, you could be sure that Kakatua was safe again. Level up for Orcharist and Sothe

“Gee Balmund”, says Moku with a mouthful of rice, “Tell us again how you slayed the giant flower”

“You were there, Moku”, says Lily, rolling her eyes as she mashes up some herbs to feed to your bandaged Sceptile.

“I know, but I wanted to hear HIM tell it!” he splutters. As sundown was fast approaching you’d decided to set up camp beside the lagoon, the fatigue from a hard day’s battle settling in. Lily had set up a large cooking pot and Chong had made a campfire. The hippie was strumming a few chords on the busted banjo he’d salvaged from the Cradily’s carcass, writing a ballad on your encounter with the monster. The sky was a stunning shade of pink as the orange sun crept further into the Cliffside. It was easy to see why the lagoon was such a hotspot for honeymooners as the palm trees swayed shyly in the breeze, a swarm of Volbeat and Illuminise courting over the greenish waterfront. Love is undeniably in the air; Chong and Lily nestle close for the last few seconds of sunset, Moku passionately hugging the honey-glazed ham that he’s incapable of eating. Even your reptilian comrades had put their squabbling aside, Orcharist warily nursing over Sothe and hissing if anyone stepped too close. Feeling slightly third wheelish you take to your sleeping bag early, gazing up at the dazzling starlit sky until your eyelids get too heavy...

You rub your eyes awake wearily after an unknown amount of time. The campfire had died out and the only illumination was coming from the moon shining flecks of silver light on the rippling lagoon. You could’ve sworn you’d heard a noise but everyone was fast asleep in their tents. Maybe it was a wild Pokémon? You squint over at the waterfront, still half-asleep until something out of the ordinary caught your eyes. It was a girl! Not just any girl by the looks of it. Her skin was as pale as the silvery moonlight, her face smooth as though it’d been airbrushed. Although she was a good stretch down the lake you could make out her smouldering amber eyes staring back at you. Her wet hair shimmered a dazzling crimson as it clung to her shoulders, the tips of it flowing freely about the water. Her beauty was beyond compare, there was almost something unnatural about it. You could only see her from the neck up, but you couldn’t help but imagine she was nude beneath the dark waters.

“Why don’t you join me?” she teases playfully, “Come on silly, the water’s fine!”
    With the Cradily at the border of collapse, both of Balmund's Pokémon leap past it with the subtlest of slices, dealing what he hoped would be the decisive blow. Time almost seems to freeze for a few eternal seconds until then, suddenly, the fossil collapses as it found itself cleanly triscted off its stem. Victory was his', and Balmund could be sure the lake would be safe again, but somehow, it seemed a bit bittersweet. The Cradily must've surely had a long, long life to have grown to such proportions before being ended by Balmund's Pokémon. Its final moments seemed to him more like an execution than anything else; a gory fatality on an already defeated opponent. What kept it fighting to the bitter end? Was it pride? Was it anger? was it hunger-induced desperation? Balmund would never know, but the least he could do was pay respect to the life he had taken, and forever hold it in his memory. Despite feeling sympathy for the monster though, he didn't regret his decision as it was necessary course of action to ensure the safety and survival of both himself and others. His Pokémon, on the other hand, certainly did not feel even an ounce of sympathy as they felt very proud and rejoiced by their deed; perhaps tonight they would celebrate together more in earnest.

With sundown fat approaching, Balmund and co. decide to set up camp beside the lagoon; intense emotions and built-up fatigue being eased up and washed away by cheerful storytelling, melodical poetry, and glorious cooking under a stunning pink sky. "It's alright Lily, I'd gladly tell Moku all about it as many times as he'd like." Balmund said laughing after moku insisted on hearing him tell it again. "Y'all can call me Duke, by the way; that's how my close friends call me." He added, putting emphasis on the word "friend".

With the last few seconds of sunset, love was definitely in the air, and Balmund could feel and see it everywhere around him as he even saw Chris pampering and nursing Sothe in one of the rare and elusive moments were they actually showed how much they really care for each other; a sight which made him very glad - he had been looking forward to this all day long. A part of him couldn't help feeling lonely and left out though. He knew he was well loved by his family, but he also yearned for that special kind of love that only comes from one's soulmate; a love that without which one just cannot feel complete and fulfilled. Maybe one day his wish would be finally granted, but for now, he could only wait. With those thoughts in mind, Balmund now stops fighting the urge to sleep and allows himself to close his tired and heavy eyelids as he falls into a deep slumber...

... Balmund wearily wakes up in the middle of the night, woken up by a strange sound. The campfire had already died out and everyone else was still fast asleep. How strange... was it a wild Pokémon? Looking over the waterfront, he's surprised to see a girls under the silvery moonlight. She possesed an enthralling sort of sureal beaty like he had never seen before, and in his half-asleep state, Balmund could only wonder if this was some sort of dream.

"I'm sure the water's fine, little mermaid, but are you?" He asked as she enticed him to join her into the lake. He wasn't sure why he had called her like that, the words simply came out of his mouth pretty much by themselves. At this point, he simply wasn't in any condition to be making any rational decisions. Stepping into the water, he moved forward to meet up close with the mystifying lady of the lake, acting on a primal instinct that defied logic and reason; like an unassuming fish to the most elaborate of lures. Roses are known to have sharp thorns, and Balmund wondered just how much the finest of them all would make him bleed.
    Last edited by Balmund; 20th June 2012 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Grammar

Crater Lake

Itzatrap: With your enemy a sitting duck it was the perfect opportunity to jump back onto the offense. The piranha rolls onto its belly as it snoozes away, an evil grin wiped across Shells face as you give off one last set of orders. The snapping turtle nods as he clenches his good fist, swimming down toward his foe and socking him with a Rock Smash! The effective hit sends the fish tumbling further down the pool, its eyes wearily opening from the shock. Conscious again the Carvanha darts upward leaving a stream of bubbles in its tail, its razor sharp teeth snapping open for another Bite. Before the predator can close the distance though he’s quickly intercepted as Shell breaks into an Aqua Jet and slams into its dorsal fin knocking it waywardly off course. You see this as your chance and clenching the Pokéball in your hand you toss it down into the lake. With a splash bubbles start streaming from the sphere as it loses altitude, finally tapping the foe and absorbing it in a flood of red light. The ball falls to the pit of the lake, landing on the ashy floor and shaking wildly... Ping! Congratulations! Lv.5 Male Carvanha was caught! You’d half worried the carnivorous fish would eat your Pokémon alive, but with your first battle a sweet success it looked as though he’d be joining your ranks.

“Wow, that was some impressive battling for a rookie”, the redhead comments, “I’ve just realised! In all the commotion of things we never properly introduced ourselves! I’m Flannery, Laveridge Town’s local gym leader” you feel slightly star struck as she tugs you into a friendly handshake. It also brought about the question of what a fire type gym leader from a far off land was doing near Crater Lake. She’s quick to answer this however as Shell crawls out from the lake with your newest team member in hand.

“I’m here on official gym leader business. I’ve been following a bunch of nefarious criminals who’ve been bullying the owners of a nearby ranch”, Flannery explains, “I don’t know what they’re up to, but you can bet I’m gunna find out! I was on my way there now, actually. You should tag along, I’m sure they could fix up your Squirtle’s broken arm too”
    "Thank you, Flannery. It is really great to meet you. My name is Rob, and this is Shell," he said, before pointing to Squirtle and remembering the tough fight his friend put up, "I'm sorry just need one second Flannery," he then turned to Shell, "You were amazing buddy, you deserve a nice long rest, I'm really proud of you," the trainer took the Pokéball that now held his newest team member, Argath the Carvahna, and scooped up Shell slowly, who had a faint smile on his face, as he grabbed Shell's Pokéball and recalled the turtle to rest up a bit while they made their way to the ranch.

Rob then turned his full attention back towards the fiery gym leader to continue, "The help for Shell would be amazing Flannery, he took quite a beating and it's my fault. Hope that the Numel is going to be well as well." he said before focusing on the part that struck him the most, "And about the criminals bullying the ranch owners, I would love to find out what's going on as well, and help out if possible if you don't mind of course, you lead the way!" Rob said, with quite a bit of enthusiasm at the possible opportunity to help someone.

The Lighthouse:

extroph:

You collect your friends and allow your Spearow to join you. The soothing ocean breezes and open skies would do him good, and besides, it could hurt to have something that can fly to look for help if something were to go…wrong.

Putting your anxieties of ghosts and drowning aside, you hurry behind Captain Correia and catch up with him near the sailboat. He gives you and excited slap on the back, which startles you and causes Vince to squawk at him.

“Aye lad, feast your eyes upon The Catarina. Named after me beloved wife, she is. Make yourself at home, boy, but get ready to ship out!” the captain explains to you. He climbs aboard the ship and heads toward the back, examining several maps.

Not sure what to do, you begin to follow him aboard the boat. However, you are promptly stopped by three young men; his crew. They’re tall, tan, and strong for months working on the high seas, and they don’t seem particularly thrilled to see you.

“So, the captain decided to bring along another landlover, did he?” questioned one of the sailors. “He has a habit of extending invitations when he knows there’s no room for the likes of someone useless like yourself.”

The sailor inches toward you trying to intimidate you. While you are a little afraid, you try to stand your grand. Vince, however, takes offense and gets in the sailor’s face squawking loudly at him.

“Oh, so you let your little parakeet here do your talking for you? Well, why not put your money where your beak is?” he responds. With that the sailor grabs a Pokeball and releases a Qwilfish on the ground in front of you.

“Qwilfish, these two think they’re tough. Tougher than you. Why don’t you show them what’s what with Water Gun!” he says.

What will you do?

Energos Quarry:

allishinca:

Interesting. A ten-year old girl and mysterious cave-dwelling creature wandering into an electric mine. What kind of parent would allow these things to happen?!

Regardless, here you are. While both you and your Sableye are equally excited to embark on your adventure, you both have very different motives. Your interested in learning about and finding electric-type Pokemon while Pluto is more interested in getting his claws on some shiny gemstones.

You wander into the dark cave. While it’s dim and dank like caves tend to be, the electric charge gives it a faint blue glow which allows Pluto’s eyes to act is proverbial headlights.

You hear the sounds of Pokemon rumbling within the depths of the cave, but they appear nowhere to be found. Perhaps the reflection from Pluto’s eyes is keeping them away. Suddenly, the relative silence of the cave is interrupted by a loud * CLINK CLINK CLINK.* The noise reverberates through the cave and you recognize it as the sound of metal striking stone. As you continue wandering, you stumble across a teenage girl and a Drillbur beside her. The girl swings a pickaxe at a large stone while the Drillbur digs at another with his sharp claws. The light from Pluto’s eyes reflects off her pickaxe and startles the girl who immediately turns and lifts the axe over her head pointed right at you.

“WHO’S THERE?!” she shouts. Her Drillbur partner jumps to her side, and grabs a flashlight which he points at you. Once the girl notices that you don’t seem threatening, she sighs in relief.

“Oh, hello there,” she says. “I’m sorry if I frightened you. I thought you were…one of them. They don’t take very kindly to people digging for gemstones in here. It is their home after all. But without the gemstones, I’d never be able to pay for anything. You look like someone who likes gemstones. Why don’t you give me hand?” she says.

Pluto smiles with delight and quickly begins scratching at the nearest rock. Before you know it, the girl is handing you a small pickaxe.

What do you do?

Suicune Effigy:

Coolz8:

OOC: I would have appreciated it if you would have actually posted something rather than just a link to your profile, but whatever.

You and your Treecko make the long journey and arrive at the Suicune Effigy. The statue’s representation is so lifelike that you can almost feel Suicune’s north winds blow through your hair. You can almost hear it’s majestic roar. You wonder if maybe there is any sort of truth to the legend that it can come to life.

As you approach the statue, you notice various trinkets placed around it’s base. They appear to be offerings to Suicune. You quickly realize that you’re not alone. On the other side of the statue, you notice a group of people clad in white, pale blue, and purple. All but one are seated on the ground. The other, an older gentleman, stands above the rest and speaks with fervent vigor.

“Mighty Suicune, we beg of thee, please watch over and protect us,” the man pleads. “We praise thee and offer the fruits of our harvest.” On cue, two small children from the group place a basket of coconuts and pineapple at the base of the statue before retreating back.

“Now, my brethren,” the leaders announces, “let us join hands and pray to Mighty Suicune.” The group members clasp hands with the other group members and all bow their heads in silence. Nearby, you notice a crowd of apparently non-worshipping tourists has gathered and is observing the group.

What do you do?
    Last edited by King Ghidorah; 15th June 2012 at 4:12 AM.

Default Crater Lake

Central Plains
    Mostly fertile farmland there's not much here for your average tourist or trainer although a few areas of interest do attract the more adventurous trainers. Electric Pokémon thrive out here and are often found roaming the fields. Better beware though, they're not all that fond of trainers getting too close to their young so take a wrong step and you may find yourself on the wrong end of a lightning bolt that hasn't come from the sky.

Crater Lake: Atop an extinct volcano, its crater is now a freshwater lake and home to many wild Pokémon. A travel lodge awaits weary visitors who have trekked up the mountainside, where they can rest their weary bones and have a bite to eat. Some say ancient Pokémon reside way down deep inside the throat of the volcano but nobody has been able to verify these stories.

OOC: Would someone mind taking me on?

"Come on, Blaze! We're almost to the top. Just a little bit longer!" Eric exclaimed to his Pokémon companion. Together with Blaze, Eric had embarked upon his first journey in the wide world of Pokémon; after some deliberation, they had decided to come to Whale Island to explore its many areas. Right now they were targeting Crater Lake, a lake resting within an extinct volcano that was the supposed dwelling of some ancient Pokémon. Eric had decided to test out this legend, and they were now aiming to stop and rest at the travel lodge at the top of the mountain before heading out. Who knows? We might catch some other Pokémon along the way, Eric thought.

The pair had been traveling up the volcano trying to endure the rocky terrain with an optimistic attitude, although they were wearing thin as fatigue raged through their bodies. Numerous water breaks had had to be taken along the two hour hike to prevent dehydration, and their water supplies were greatly depleted because of this. "We need to find the lodge fast, Blaze. We won't be able to last much longer out in this heat."

Pulling out a map of the area, Eric found that they still had about half of a mile to trek. "Hey, Blaze, I'll race you to the top. We're almost there!"

"Grow... Growlithe. Grow, grow!"

Taking that as a consent, the two were off. The sudden sprint helped ease Eric's weary body, awakening him from what had been a fatigue-induced stupor. For the first time he noticed the beauty of his surroundings: the sun's rays as they cast through the leaves; the sounds of Pokémon scurrying about; a faint scent of mint in the air as well, possibly emanating from some plants they had just dashed past. The trail was truly breathtaking.

At last the lodge came into view as they rounded a bend in the trail. Finally, Eric silently thought to himself. We're here. As they advanced closer, he realized that the building's façade was quite large, offering much room to roam around and rest in.

"Ready, Blaze?" Skidding to a stop before the building's giant entrance, Eric lightly knocked upon the wooden front door...
    Last edited by Thrain; 15th June 2012 at 6:12 AM. Reason: Fixed sentence.

Raine’s Wildlife Park

Pengyzu: With Wingull the first casualty of the match your chances of pulling a win seemed certain. Mienfoo was surrounded and the youngster was looking desperate now. “JUMP KIIIICK” He yells stubbornly from the sidelines, not wanting to go out with a fight. Your orders seemed foolproof though as Kara and the famous Wailmer spring into action. The mustelid pants before lunging toward Keiko, something invisible suddenly grabbing both his arms and rendering the rodent immobile. The Ralts could be seen from high up on the waterslide scrunching his face as he channels a Psychic through his twistedspoon. The Wailmer calf couldn’t look more confident now as he sprung into the air with a crowd pleasing Bounce, somersaulting in midair before plummeting toward the fox who was still struggling to break free. Suddenly! The Mienfoo manages to release a leg which he Kicks skyward with Wailmer inches away... BOOM The two attacks collide, Mienfoo skidding down the pool in a jet of foamy water whilst Wailmer hurtled toward the heavens! Level Up for Kara

You squint in panic as the Wailmer keeps gaining altitude, now nothing but a blip in the sky. He suddenly starts to dip back to earth, but the blast had sent him crashing miles away from the kiddie pool. You watch in horror as the Wailmer calf drops somewhere on the other side of the park. The youngster shares your expression of disbelief as he recalls his knocked out Pokémon, whistling innocently as he scuttles away from the swimming pool. What were you going to do?! The big show was going to start in about a few hours time and you’d lost the star attraction! Once you finally calm down you decide the best way of tracking down Keiko would be to check the wildlife exhibits near to where he landed and ask if anyone had seen him. After all, a six-foot tall Wailmer calf wouldn’t be that hard to find, right? You worriedly amble toward the nearest signpost, there were two attractions pointing in Keiko’s direction: The Polar Exhibit and The Sharpedo Tanks. Where will you head first?
    ooc: For future reference. Ralts levels up from level 12 [x] to level 13.

The two trainers exchange orders as their Pokemon are panting from the previous round. The kid's Mienfoo isn't looking too hot, and it looks like it won't be lasting for very much longer. The kung fu Pokemon dashes forward but is seemingly stopped in mid-air, as if invisible forces were preventing him from moving. Of course, this was actually just Kara's work by channeling some Psychic energy through his TwistedSpoon. Meanwhile, Keiko being as confident as he could be, does another crowd-pleasing jump. Up into the air he goes, and to all the kid's enjoyment, does a somersault before he starts falling back down. Rey rubs his eyes in astonishment and thinks to himself.

"Wow... I would have never expect, that that whale would have improved so much in one battle... He's now a crowd-pleaser like his father... I should definitely thank him and congratulate him after this is done! Which I'm guessing should be soon."

The shadow over the Mienfoo grows bigger and bigger while the calf falls from the sky. To everyone's surprise, the Mienfoo suddenly moves his one leg, probably because of the adrenalin rush he's having, and lets loose a kick to the sky. Rey and everyone else watched in astonishment as the two attacks collide. The kick sends the whale back into the air, going up and up and up as if it was a balloon. Rey's eyes grew big as he watched in horror.

"Oh... my... gosh... HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!"

Rey panics and screams and flails around in the pool, not realizing the opponent was knocked out in the process. Keiko is now in sight again, but this time, going down far away.

"Keikoooooooo!!! I'm sorry! I'll come save you, hold on!!! I'll get the Nurses if I have to, I won't let you down!"

After a few seconds, something hit Rey. He looks back into the pool and sees a kid tending to his Mienfoo.

"Hey kid! Great battle. I'm sorry if I was too dramatic and I went too hard. Here's some Po-"

Before he could even finish his sentence. The kid runs away from the pool without a word. Rey looks in disappointment at where the kid once was. He shakes his head before turning back to where he was looking at before.

"It looks like that kick sent Keiko flying this way... I should go look for him. I mean... I REALLY need to go look for him. This all happened so fast... I didn't even get to congratulate him. Kara, I know you're tired, so come back into your Pokeball. Your friends can handle everything else. Everyone! Back into your balls! I'm sorry for cutting this fun pool adventure short but we need to find Keiko! Oh! Except for you Allon. I want you to stay with me and help me, if that's fine with you."

The Magnemite brightens up with expression as he starts to orbit around the boy. He recalls everyone in his team back into their balls and gets running. He reaches a signpost with a worried expression on his face.

"It seems like we're going to have to choose where to look first. I really, REALLY, don't want to find Keiko in the Sharpedo Tank... I'd save that scenario for worst case worst. Besides... I like the cold, I think we should check The Polar Exhibit first. And perhaps, as we go there, we could ask around about what happened... Keiko... here I come..." says Rey with a tear running down his tiny round face.
    Last edited by Pengyzu; 20th June 2012 at 9:31 AM.

Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman:
    It had taken a good half hour but finally both trainers had landed a bite and the trip was turning out a great success. Whilst Hyrem had bucketed his first fish after a fair struggle, Andy’s catch was proving a lot tougher to confine as it slid toward open water returning any of Tsar’s hits with twice the force. The trainer would sure need his wits about him to secure such a rare catch. Hyrem lined up his fishing tackle again as built another rod. This time he weaved a medium-length line through the metal hoops and hooked on a Seaweed lure which looked like a lock of Tangrowth’s curls. Leaning back he waved the rod forward, and with a plop it landed into the blue surf and plummeted midway down the ocean. Hyrem’s eyes lit up as he made out a few fish Pokémon already taking interest.

Just a few feet away adrenaline was pumping through Andy’s blood, competition getting the best of him as he’d probably landed the rarest catch on the boat. This excitement would be short-lived however if he let it get away! Just as quick as the orders leave his lips, Andy’s Bronzor hovers into action to intercept the snipe eel. Tsar nudges the Pokémon with a Tackle, provoking it enough to shoot off a Water Pulse in return. The aqua sphere collides with the mirror for a considerable hit, Tsar tumbling past the railings like a flipped coin. When he finally regains balance, water running off his shiny body, he spots the pink fish now inches from the edge of the cruiser. About to Dive back out of sight, the Gorebyss is caught off guard as a Confusion zaps it in the snout. The fish doesn’t think it safe to exit from this side of the boat, and starts squirming towards the nose of the liner until she’s joined by another catch...

With a strong yank Hyrem’s reel spins as one of the silhouetted fishes bites. With the fishing rod bending with considerable strain, the trainer supports himself against the railings whilst tugging with considerable effort. Beads of sweat start to trickle down his forehead, he could tell this catch was much stronger than the one he’d landed earlier. With the line much shorter it’s not long before the fish is in visual range – a large carnivorous-looking fish jerking feverishly with the sharp hook caught on its top lip. The green bass snarls as he’s towed out of the water with one last pull, thudding on the deck a few times before coming to a standstill. With a black streak down the top of its body and two red stripes above its eyes, you identify this catch as Basculin – the Hostile Pokémon. The fish quickly lives up to its name as Daphne fires off a Leech Seed, the bass ravaging through the vine netting with a Crunch. The Seedot shudders, and starts to Harden herself frozen in place. The Basculin isn’t quite interested in the acorn though as it leaps for Hyrem. A throbbing pain suddenly pulses up the angler’s leg as it Bites onto his foot! Its dagger-like teeth make quick work of Hyrem’s sneakers with the points scraping against his flesh. Acorn’s eyes widen, scuttling up and peppering the fish with another shower of Bullet Seeds. The bass drops instinctively, blood stained down the newly waxed floorboards. It looked like this fish was more interested in revenge than a getaway... 40 minutes remaining

"This is going to be a tough one" Andy said to himself as he watched the Gorebyss turn and head away to another part of the boat in search of an escape route. "We've got to find a way of stopping it from getting away, without taking any more damage." He looked over to Tsar, who's blank, emotionless face hid the effects of all the damage it had taken to far, but Andy just knew he was having trouble.
    "You need to keep it distracted and away from the sides, Tsar! Hit it with another Confusion to buy us some time whilst I think of something"

Quickly grabbing his Pokedex, Andy scanned through it to find the information it held on Bronzors, trying to formulate a plan.

"That's it!" He said, triumphantly, quickly rummaging through his backpack again and pulling out a Rare Candy. Running over to Tsar, he gave the candy to the Pokemon, who he could have sworn looked a little tougher when he'd finished eating it.

"Now, get ahead of that Gorebyss again and use Hypnosis. That should help us out a little."

With all the excitement of his own capture, Andy hadn't really been paying attention to Hyrem and his captures. It seemed the fight with the Chinchou was long over, and his fellow Trainer seemed to be wrestling with another Pokemon. Quite a vicious little thing, it seemed to be, Andy hoped Hyrem's Pokemon were going to be ok as it lunged and... Oh god, it hadn't been aiming for the Pokemon, it had managed to clamp it's jaws around Hyrem!
    Andy wasn't sure how to react to this. On one hand he thought he'd should run to his fellow Trainer's aid, on the other hand he was incredibly squeamish and the thought of those sharp teeth digging into Hyrem's skin made him feel a little nauseous and faint. All he could manage for now was a rather weak "Are you ok?" before looking away from the seen before he risked passing out.

I'm not particularly sure how a Bronzor "eats" a Rare Candy, what with no visible mouth, but i'm sure it must be able to somehow.
    Last edited by Trainer Andy; 15th June 2012 at 1:16 PM.

- - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

Western Shore
    The western shore of Whale Island has more rocky, craggy cliffs than stunning sandy beaches, but has its own attractions nonetheless. Several villages and freshwater springs dot the area. Whether you're here for relaxation, adrenaline rushing water sports, or to find new Pokémon, you're sure to find something to keep you happy during your stay.

Areas:
    Suicune's Effigy: A life size stone statue of the Legendary Aurora Pokémon Suicune, depicted in an eternal roar. Some say the statue is real, and that Suicune comes to life when needed. Whether this is true or not, the statue has a powerful presence and some swear its eyes follow them as they pass by.

Being one of the first times that I travel as a Pokémon Trainer, I wanted to check out things that were a bit out of ordinary, but still keeping myself safe. I got a thing to anything related to legendaries, with their mysterious ways and all their stories related to them. Therefore, having the Suicune's or Raikou's Effigy as a stopping point would be great to satisfy part of my 'legend craving'! But since I overheard that the Pokémon in the Southern Gulf are on the hostile side these days, and I'm only starting as a trainer, I decided it was a safer choice to check out Suicune's Effigy first.

"Isn't it well-made Max?" I question my Poochyena while staring at the magnificent statue. "It have so many details, you could almost hear it roar just by looking at it!"

Max roars and barks in agreement, and in an desperate attempt to imitate the effigy's action.

"Nice try, close enough! Don't think you'll get a reaction out of it though!" I laugh. "Say, are you hungry? I still got some beef jerky that I brought with us before we started traveling!"

My Poochyena lets a high-pitched bark out and furiously wags his tail and jump at me, eager to get this rare and delicious treat.

"Alright alright, calm down, I'll get it for ya!" I giggled.

I pull my bag off my back, lean my back on the pedestal of Suicune's statue, opened my backpack and grab the bag of beef jerkies. I open it up, quickly threw one piece in my mouth, and another towards Max. He jumps and catches the jerky right in between his teeth, surprisingly not dropping his big Blackglasses off of his nose on the way.

"Good catch! Just don't choke on it like last time now!" I tease him with my mouth full.

But he was too busy to happily chew on the yummy food to give a proper answer.

Hope that wasn't too much for the first post!

Cascade Waterfall

Kaisap: Your trip to the magnificent Cascade Watefall wasn’t off to a great start. Just as Skitty was getting used to the noisy sound of crashing waterfalls, he’d been soaked by a playful Phanpy who’d broken off from its herd without warning. Your eyes fixate on the mother Donphan’s thick tusks as she mothers over her offspring, immediately sensing danger as the kitten hisses wildly. The baby elephant is oblivious to the cat’s loathing as he trumpets cutely, bounding after Skitty’s paw-like tail which was stuck up as a sign of defence. With the cat’s claws sharpened you sense you’d be in a heap of trouble if she left a scratch on Phanpy calf’s face. With the Skitty’s body hunched irritably, you quickly intervene by plucking her away from the Phanpy by the skin of her neck. You reason that the Phanpy only wanted to play and by retaliating she’d be picking a fight with the dangerous-looking mother. The kitten meows in despair as you run a towel through her dripping-wet fur, Phanpy trying to push the towel away so he could carry on playing.

You sit back cautiously as the ‘fun’ between the two Pokémon continued. Skitty was furious as the Phanpy kept pressing its trunk against her whiskers curiously, raising a paw before catching sight of the mother just a stretch away. It then tucks into a ball and begins Rolling Out around the cat – causing her to go bezerk as she tries to catch it like a ball of twine. Not before long the elephant’s younger brothers and sisters had snuck past their mother’s watchful eye - all fascinated by Skitty. She reluctantly plays nice, still hissing as the parade of Phanpy jumps on her head and licks her face. This is quite amusing from a bystander’s point, but any smile you might have had turns into caution as a loud THRUMP cuts through the air. You look over to the Donphan that was fixated on you, its padded foot scratching at the bank as it prepared to charge! It looks like she doesn’t trust you for some reason...
    Skitty was not having a good day. First she was soaked, then she was soaked again, and now this Phanpy was too naďve to get out of her sight immediately! Noriko was quick to snatch her partner away from trouble – the Donphan mother nearby wasn’t looking too happy about a Pokémon making threats at her calf. As Noriko tried to dry off Skitty with a towel, Phanpy still wouldn’t give up. A small trunk kept trying to push the towel away, which wasn’t making Skitty any happier. This Phanpy was either very young or very dumb…or both.

Once finished drying Skitty off, Noriko let her down and sat back a few feet away. “Skitty, play nice, alright?” she nodded at the Donphan, trying to remind Skitty of the potential danger if she went too far. Skitty gritted her teeth. She would’ve already shown that Phanpy its place if it weren’t for that Donphan. Just as this thought crossed her mind, Phanpy had moved closer and, of all possible things, was playing around with her whiskers.
    Noriko stiffened. The dark, malicious aura around Skitty could’ve been cut with a knife, but Phanpy was still completely oblivious to it. Instead of retreating, it tucked into a ball, Rolling Out around Skitty. Skitty stared for a second. That rolling ball reminded her too much of the ball of yarn she’d spent hours playing with back at Noriko’s home. Forgetting her anger for a moment, she ran after Phanpy, natural instincts kicking in. What kitten could resist a ball of yarn?

After some more rolling and running by Phanpy and Skitty, the other Phanpy started getting interested. It took almost no time at all for a bunch of Phanpy’s brothers and sisters to sneak over to the duo, their mother not noticing a thing. Skitty’s anger was quick to return when the Phanpy jumped all over her together – licking, poking and probing. Noriko’s small moment of amusement didn’t even form a smile on her lips before she heard a loud noise. The mother Donphan was not too trusting of the strangers and was apparently getting ready to charge at them!

The whole situation was full of odds stacked against Noriko and Skitty. Noriko could already picture the worst case scenario: Skitty would lose her temper, Donphan would attack them and Skitty would lose the battle in five seconds flat. Even if Noriko took action, it’d take an extreme form of divine intervention for them to get out of this jam smelling like roses.

Seeing no other choice than to try and calm the distressed mother, Noriko took a deep breath and tried to calm Donphan down. “Donphan, we’re really sorry! We don’t want to hurt your kids! Skitty’s just not used to being probed like that, could you please tell your calf to calm down a bit so they can play without incident? I swear we won’t hurt them!” To emphasize her plea for peace, she slowly walked over to the Phanpy and Skitty, setting on the ground a small pile of home-made candy. “Hey guys, how about we calm down a bit and have a snack? There’s plenty for all of you!” Knowing Skitty’s sweet tooth, she’d come over without a hitch – but what about the Phanpy?

::The Lighthouse::

Marion Ette: The prescence of this man was certainly surprising, and you wonder just what kind of person hides behind his stern exterior. That was question that was best answered later, for now, all you could do was to introduce simply introduce yourself and explain your intentions.

"We have traveled far, and it's getting dark. We seek shelter for the night." Gastly further explained in human tongue, his accent sounding somewhat eerie as one would expect, though his pronounciation actually sounded quite remarkably fluid. Kinda ironic to say that you needed protection against the night, your other close friend, especially coming from the mouth of a Gastly, but you gathered it was a necessary lie. "You wouldn't leave a young lady sleeping outside, would you?" He posed the question, appealing to the old man's sense of charity and honor.

The man seems to delibarate in silence for a moment, carefully thinking about what he had just heard. "You may come inside," he then said after a pause, his voice sounding tired and rough, "but I would rather you didn't. There's a room downstairs you can use. I will spend the night at the top, as I have done every single night for the past 30 years."

"Kikyo, your voice has a nice ring to it. It reminds me of my departed wife. My eyes have grown sick - I can only tell the difference between light and shadow... and soon, not even this beacon will be ever able to pull me out of the approaching darkness. Kikyo... if you would... may I hold your hand?" He now politely asked you.

What will you do?
    Marion is impressed with the Gastly's graceful, articulate human speech; she had learned in university that Gastlies had a strong propensity for human language, but this one in particular had such a smooth flow to his words that he was downright charismatic... at least, to Marion, anyhow. Others would likely find the Gastly's speech somewhat eerie and disconcerting, but having grown up in a haunted house with a haunted mind, Marion's perceptions of these things were often dramatically different. As he addresses the strange old man, Gastly stretches the truth a bit, saying they needed "shelter from the dark" and uses the delicate, soft nature of Kikyo's voice to his advantage; he relies on not only the man's honor, but his compassion towards the young woman who has "nowhere else to go". Marion was honestly not sure if that was true or not. Where else would she go, if not here?

The man seems to consider the statement thoroughly before providing a response. Though he allows them inside, he follows with an ominous desire that they would not. When the man mentions the "room downstairs," she thinks back to the odd room in the basement filled with Rattata... and the note! Where was the note? Oh, dear... She had left it on her other body. Don't you hate it when that happens? She tried to remember what it said... something about hot tits and kitt home of lyre... She couldn't quite remember.

The man then addresses Kikyo, comparing her voice to that of his departed wife. Marion is not sure how to respond to the compliment; after all, being compared to a beloved dead was a great honor (at least, in her mind). A simple thank you did not seem adequate enough, so she gave him an honored bow. Even though the man could not see it, perhaps he could feel her gratitude. He then goes on to explain that soon, not even the beacon of light will be able to pull him away from the darkness when night falls. Though Marion assumes that he is referring to his eyesight, something about the way he speaks of light and darkness seems like a metaphor for something decidedly more sinister. The old man, likely needing assistance up the stares due to his increasing blindness, asks for Kikyo's hand.

"Kikyo" turns to Gastly, reading his own expression before she tentatively reaches out. After all, if there was something about this man that was "off," the Gastly would likely perceive it before she does. Even so, Gastly had not said anything yet, so she may as well comply with the request. "Certainly, you are very kind to provide us shelter. It would be only right that I help you with your ascent to the beacon." Kikyo holds her hand close to the blind man's, so that he can take it easily.

[FB || PASBL]

Suicune Effigy:

Coolz8:

OOC: I would have appreciated it if you would have actually posted something rather than just a link to your profile, but whatever.

You and your Treecko make the long journey and arrive at the Suicune Effigy. The statue’s representation is so lifelike that you can almost feel Suicune’s north winds blow through your hair. You can almost hear it’s majestic roar. You wonder if maybe there is any sort of truth to the legend that it can come to life.

As you approach the statue, you notice various trinkets placed around it’s base. They appear to be offerings to Suicune. You quickly realize that you’re not alone. On the other side of the statue, you notice a group of people clad in white, pale blue, and purple. All but one are seated on the ground. The other, an older gentleman, stands above the rest and speaks with fervent vigor.

“Mighty Suicune, we beg of thee, please watch over and protect us,” the man pleads. “We praise thee and offer the fruits of our harvest.” On cue, two small children from the group place a basket of coconuts and pineapple at the base of the statue before retreating back.

“Now, my brethren,” the leaders announces, “let us join hands and pray to Mighty Suicune.” The group members clasp hands with the other group members and all bow their heads in silence. Nearby, you notice a crowd of apparently non-worshipping tourists has gathered and is observing the group.

What do you do?

A bright solar glare seemed to reflect slightly off the statue, and the odd group Barely caught Frinth's attention. Though as there was an assumed protector in the area, an assumed suspicious being may have maliciously hidden in the crowd.

Frinth then decided to search for someone among the crowd, someone oddly suspicious.

One who carried murderous intentions...

Though, Trick was at his side, he slowly recounts some memories, as each step he takes, slowly recreating thoughts being intertwined with present reality. Everything else seemed merely involuntary, Yet Trick was at his usual, cool yet cheerful mood, A bit of crushed ice from Frinth's pack, just in case he needed some for cooking or for cooling various refreshments.

A part of him may have also feared someone who may be there or was simply a result of the paranoia-infected part of his imagination.

As he Knew Trick was at his side, He needed not fear what may happen, Yet He only had one useful move, and One mistake may lead to their downfall.

Yet their search continued on...
    Last edited by Coolz8; 15th June 2012 at 4:04 PM.

allishinca: Interesting. A ten-year old girl and mysterious cave-dwelling creature wandering into an electric mine. What kind of parent would allow these things to happen?!

Regardless, here you are. While both you and your Sableye are equally excited to embark on your adventure, you both have very different motives. Your interested in learning about and finding electric-type Pokemon while Pluto is more interested in getting his claws on some shiny gemstones.

You wander into the dark cave. While it’s dim and dank like caves tend to be, the electric charge gives it a faint blue glow which allows Pluto’s eyes to act is proverbial headlights.

You hear the sounds of Pokemon rumbling within the depths of the cave, but they appear nowhere to be found. Perhaps the reflection from Pluto’s eyes is keeping them away. Suddenly, the relative silence of the cave is interrupted by a loud * CLINK CLINK CLINK.* The noise reverberates through the cave and you recognize it as the sound of metal striking stone. As you continue wandering, you stumble across a teenage girl and a Drillbur beside her. The girl swings a pickaxe at a large stone while the Drillbur digs at another with his sharp claws. The light from Pluto’s eyes reflects off her pickaxe and startles the girl who immediately turns and lifts the axe over her head pointed right at you.

“WHO’S THERE?!” she shouts. Her Drillbur partner jumps to her side, and grabs a flashlight which he points at you. Once the girl notices that you don’t seem threatening, she sighs in relief.

“Oh, hello there,” she says. “I’m sorry if I frightened you. I thought you were…one of them. They don’t take very kindly to people digging for gemstones in here. It is their home after all. But without the gemstones, I’d never be able to pay for anything. You look like someone who likes gemstones. Why don’t you give me hand?” she says.

Pluto smiles with delight and quickly begins scratching at the nearest rock. Before you know it, the girl is handing you a small pickaxe.

What do you do?
    Deep within the glowing blue cave, the electricity crackled above, startling Alli. She turned around and examined her surroundings while Pluto remained safely tucked within her arms. Even in his comatose state, he could smell the nearing gems. He fidgeted slightly, and Alli set him down as the two continued onwards, walking side by side. Pluto stepped ahead and lead the way with his glowing eyes.

The eerie echos of Pokemon scuttling in the darkness spooked Alli even further. A distance jingling sound of a pickaxe made itself apparent as Alli and Pluto descended into the cavern. In a spot further down, a teenage girl and a Drilbur were excavating. When Alli and Pluto stumbled into this new area, the two duos notice each other simultaneously.

"Who's there?!," the girl shouts. Alli panicked and dived behind Pluto, who barely concealed his trainer due to his small size. The Drilbur returned Pluto's glowing eyes with the illumination of a flashlight. Realized that the newcomers were only a Sableye and small girl, the teenage girl sighed with relief. Alli, on the contrary, had grown more and more distressed the further she had traveled into the treacherous pit. Finding a teenage wasn't any more calming, as Alli quickly remembered all the bullies she had put up with back when she had been in foster care.

"Oh, hello there," the girl uttered cheerfully. Alli was about to make a run for, but Pluto knew this and quickly plotted up an intervention. The sneaky Sableye turned towards Alli and indicated that she should respond.

Alli whispered back to Pluto while still crouching behind him: "What's with you?! That's a teenager! Remember all the bullies back in foster care? There was that one who always pulled on your ears!" Pluto did recall that rather unpleasant fellow, but he also remembered that during the nights he would enter said adolescence’s bedroom and ingest all the change out of his piggy bank. In retrospect, Pluto felt rather proud of that. In regards to this teenage girl, Pluto didn't like her either, but he could tell they were excavating jewels, and he wouldn't be able to swipe them unless they remained within a close proximity to his target. The biggest problem here was that Alli was on the verge of bolting. Pluto decided to use her fear against her.

Pluto raise his paws up, indicating that Alli should wait. He then quickly darted behind her and jumped on her shoulder from the adjacent side. This surprised Alli, who leaped to her feet. "What did you do that for?!," Alli whispered to the little demon on her shoulder. Pluto spread his arms out wide. "Well yeah, it is rather scary in here..." Alli pondered this for a moment. "You think I'd be less frightened if we stayed by this girl?" Pluto nodded. "But...she's a human...and those are the most scariest things of all..." Alli whispered back sadly.

Pluto inwardly growled. Why was she being so difficult? Even in his direr situation, Alli could not bring herself to trust another human. Pluto brought a paw up to his face and considered this. He would have to try something new. Pluto would need to convince Alli to stay on her terms. He snapped his elongated fingers together and hopped down from Alli's shoulder to do another demonstration.

Now in front of Alli, Pluto pulled his ears back and walked back and forth like a human. He then flipped his ears back up, and walked the same path only this time with an impish crawl. This bizarre charade would not have made sense to anyone but Alli. Her eyes grew wide, and they darted from Pluto, up to the girl, and back to Pluto. "I see!," Alli said, kneeling down by Pluto, "So you think she's a changeling?! I read that they sometimes live as humans for so long that they actually believe they are human themselves. Can you image? Forever being separated from your own kind and never really knowing it? Hey! Maybe I'm a changeling too!" Pluto elbowed Alli in the side in order to keep her on track. "I know, I know. Your right. If she was a human I'd leave, but I know all about cryptids, so we have nothing to worry about." Pluto rubbed his paws together as a devious grin grew across his face.

Alli stood up and returned her eyes to the girl. "Hi...," Alli finally mumbled back shyly.
    "I'm sorry if I frightened you. I thought you were…one of them." The hair on the back of Alli's neck rose. What did she mean by that? One of who? "They don't take very kindly to people digging for gemstones in here. It is their home after all. But without the gemstones, I'd never be able to pay for anything." Alli nodded. "You look like someone who likes gemstones. Why don't you give me hand?" The girl walked over and handed Alli a small pickaxe.

"Oh actually, I'm here looking for electric-type Pokemon." Pluto headbutted the back of Alli's leg, indicating that she should take the pickaxe. Alli did so while smiling sheepishly. "I'm Alli, and this is my partner, Pluto." Alli indicated the little monster who was scratching furiously at a nearby rock. "What's that? Is he an electric-type Pokemon?" Alli asked while looking at Drilbur. Alli whipped out her Pokedex:

Drilbur. The Mole Pokémon. Ground Type.

"Aww," Alli mumbled disappointingly, but quickly changed the subject. "So what was the thing you thought I was... Or the creatures that don't want you taking these jewels? Is it a Minhocăo? 'Cause I've read that they can be attracted to the sounds of mining and burst fourth from the cave walls and consume miners whole!"

Last edited by allishinca; 11th July 2012 at 8:48 PM.

The Caverns

Celebii: Not looking to become the new ‘Missing Child’ plastered on every bottle of MooMoo Milk, you do your best to avoid certain death due to some poorly built rail tracks. The cart was tumbling at dangerous speeds, and with little than a few seconds to plan your two Pokémon spring into action. Neptune throws his stubby arms in the air, hoping to raise a high enough wave to ferry you over the gap. The Surf lifts below, reaching about half way up the cave before starting to curve and break... It wasn’t going to work. You jam your eyes shut as the cart reaches the drop, Larry howling in panic whilst Bounce tries to come up with a plan B. The ‘clink clink’ of the wheels on the track comes to a halt as the cart drives off the edge. Spoink’s beady eyes glaze over with Psychic energy as he mentally grabs a hold of the cart. Not quite strong enough to keep it suspended he does manage to slow it down and keep it straight, manoeuvring it into Squirtle’s wave to cushion the blow into the salty depths. With a loud splash the cart lands minefield of sharp rocks which you could only guess had fallen from the ceiling. You cringe as the tangy taste of the salty spray fills your nostrils, some of the water tipping into the cart and weighing it down slightly. To your relief the cart buoys to the surface, the swirling waters weaving you narrowly through the rocks. Treasure was the last thing on your mind as survival instincts kick in, but you couldn’t help wonder where the current would take you. It certainly wouldn’t be a safe journey though, as the makeshift boat was on a collision course toward another sharp stalagmite! Maybe your comrades would do a better job in this scenario than the last one. What will you do?
    Deep in the murky, treacherous depths of a cavern on the rocky shores of the Laguna Peninsula, a young trainer and his trio of Pokemon were having trouble. After defeating a feisty Golbat who had its territory invaded, they had found an old treasure map, alongside a rickety mine cart and a path of rails going down into the darkness. With treasure on his mind, he rode the mine cart down the path. Unfortunately, he has now found himself in a rocky situation, quite literally.

Cele watched as Neptune worked his hardest to conjure up a wave, to lift them across the gap. Unfortunately, even with his determination and hard work, it was too much for a Tiny Turtle Pokemon. The wave manageed to get about halfway to the gap, before the technique began to fail. Cele grabbed all three of his Pokemon, as they all closed their eyes. As the cart fell, Cele's life flashed before his eyes. Was this it? He had achieved nothig thus far. He was to die, without any achievements? Cele prepared himself for whatever was coming next.

But Boing was on the ball, utilizing his Psychic to control the movement of the cart, and safely place it on Neptune's medium sized wave, in the process saving the lives of all three of them. The wave crashes into the waters below, the cart making a huge splash. "Aron!" Larry yelps as the cart hits the water. "Larry, return!" Cele calls as he grabs Larry's Pokeball and returns him to it, a red beam enveloping him and sucking him inside. It was a clever move, as Larry weighs over 130 pounds and has a weakness to water, making him very unsuited for this kid of situation. Cele sighs with relief as the cart begins to float, the current carrying it away. "You're welcome." Boing says to Cele, as Cele thanks Boing.

The current carried the mine cart, which was now being used as a boat, towards a scripted path, and Cele hopes it will be free of danger. Unfortunately, he gets no such luck, as he realizes that if the cart continues on this path, it will definitely crash into the upcoming stalagmite! Neptune and Boing move to Cele's side, awaiting the inevitable orders to stop the disaster. "Okay, guys. Neptune, you try to redirect us onto a safer path with Water Gun, while Boing, Telekinetic Psychic to help us."
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

Spoiler:- PASBL Record:

The Lighthouse:

extroph:

You collect your friends and allow your Spearow to join you. The soothing ocean breezes and open skies would do him good, and besides, it could hurt to have something that can fly to look for help if something were to go…wrong.

Putting your anxieties of ghosts and drowning aside, you hurry behind Captain Correia and catch up with him near the sailboat. He gives you and excited slap on the back, which startles you and causes Vince to squawk at him.

“Aye lad, feast your eyes upon The Catarina. Named after me beloved wife, she is. Make yourself at home, boy, but get ready to ship out!” the captain explains to you. He climbs aboard the ship and heads toward the back, examining several maps.

Not sure what to do, you begin to follow him aboard the boat. However, you are promptly stopped by three young men; his crew. They’re tall, tan, and strong for months working on the high seas, and they don’t seem particularly thrilled to see you.

“So, the captain decided to bring along another landlover, did he?” questioned one of the sailors. “He has a habit of extending invitations when he knows there’s no room for the likes of someone useless like yourself.”

The sailor inches toward you trying to intimidate you. While you are a little afraid, you try to stand your grand. Vince, however, takes offense and gets in the sailor’s face squawking loudly at him.

“Oh, so you let your little parakeet here do your talking for you? Well, why not put your money where your beak is?” he responds. With that the sailor grabs a Pokeball and releases a Qwilfish on the ground in front of you.

“Qwilfish, these two think they’re tough. Tougher than you. Why don’t you show them what’s what with Water Gun!” he says.

As Vernon approached the ship, one of the crew members began to talk with his sailor mouth.

“So, the captain decided to bring along another landlover, did he?”

Vernon didn't take offense in this. He was very controlled when it comes to fights against other people. Vince, on the other hand, takes great offense at this, and squawked right at the crew member's face. “Oh, so you let your little parakeet here do your talking for you? Well, why not put your money where your beak is?”

"C'mon now, let's just think straight for a seco--" Vernon tried to calm the worker down. But it was too late. They'll have to fight. The worker sent out a Qwilfish, and it landed on the boat. Vince gawked with laughter at the small fish, but stopped laughing as he got sprayed with a Water Gun.

"All right, that's it. Spearow, use Peck at the Qwilfish and get out of its Water Gun range soon after!"

PASBL

The time dates back to a few months earlier...

On a windswept mesa where the rugged ground is strewn about with jagged rocks, jutting rubble, and gaping crevasses, an energetic teenage boy dressed in a black jacket, black trousers, and a conical straw hat reminiscent of an upsidedown wicker basket, holds a long, bamboo-handled bug catcher's net over his shoulders and stands close to his team of trusted Pokemon. He takes a cautious step forward and pulls a sable-coloured Ver. V Pokedex out of his side-strap courier bag to his aid. A faint cobalt bulb winks on, and with a blip! bloop! bleep! the electronic encyclopedia whistles harmoniously to life. The harsh sun beats down on the lad from high overhead, and a sweat trickles down his face as he considers his present situation and thinks hard to come up with a plan.

Before him perched on the topmost branch of an old gnarled tree, glistening in the bright sunlight like a star that fell to earth, sits a tall metallic bird with a long thin neck and strong sturdy legs. Its feet sport a trio of razor sharp talons which grip tightly to the twisted wood and only add to the creature's intimidating appearance. The young trainer quickly consults his Pokedex and reads that the Skarmory specie is clad in an iron-hard armour that from an early age has grown tough on account of the repeated scratches the chicks receive from the thorns which adorn their bramblebush nests.

Angry that the boy and his comrades have invaded its territory, Skarmory suddenly beats the air menacingly with a flap of its powerful wings issuing a clear warning, and the boy catches a brief glimpse of the armored avian's sharp, swordlike red feathers which had up til now been encased in their protective sheaths. Underneath a triangular skull crest, Skarmory's yellow eyes glare defiantly down at the teenage intruder, who puts on a determined expression and introduces himself as William Hale from Pacifidlog Town. Taking another step forward, the lad vows to capture Skarmory, and proceeds to ask his partner, a Medicham, to unleash a Psychic attack.

The Medicham's eyes momentarily tinge cyan and a blast of high powered energy, like an invisible tidal wave of water, suddenly slams hard into the center of Skarmory's chest, knocking the steel condor off its woody perch and out of the wizened tree. Skarmory recovers quickly though, shaking itself clear of Medicham's mystic onslaught, and retaliates by swooping in closer, toothed beak agape as it lets out a grating, Metallic-Sounding screech - Keeeeeerrraaaaaaaw!!! - before again beating the air with widespread wings, this time delivering a Whirlwind attack that causes Will's entire team: Medeo the Medicham, Hyneo the Mightyena, Keo the Kingler, Sumeo the Hariyama, and Zebreo the Blitzle, to all tumble backwards and clutch their ears in agony.

Will pulls down on his straw hat so it doesn't get blown away in the sudden surge of gale force wind and remarks with a bitter grin that he had originally hoped to capture Skarmory the easy way, with only his bamboo net, but in any case feels he's more than up for the challenge a good battle will provide. Withdrawing a shiny, silver-coloured Pokeball from his courier bag, Will gets into a combat stance and begins issuing instructions to his companions while Skarmory wheels and turns in midair, diving headlong towards him, rotating its body in a corkscrew motion, preparing to strike with Drill Peck...

The present day...

Clippety clopp! Clippety clopp! Clippety clopp! It's another beautiful day in the curious realm of FB, and on the deserted beachfront that stretches along the southeastern coastline of the tropical isle known as Whale, a black-clad teenager is having trouble controlling his young Blitzle on his trek across the scenic peninsula, while the boy's other companions, an overgrown she-wolf, a lithe mystic, and a steel condor, race to keep up at his side.

The electric equine mischievously discharges a few sparks from her mane, zapping her rider and nearly throwing him off as she rampages over the hard-packed sand near the water's edge. Suddenly the lad notices a small dark speck off in the distance and yells out in astonishment that it just might be what they're looking for, the wreckage of the Black Swan. He points towards the presumed derelict vessel and his striped steed charges off straight in its direction.

On their right, the boy's monochromatic Mightyena dashes along happily in the shallow surf, tongue lolling out to one side, shaggy fur blowing in the gentle ocean breeze. Just overhead, his loyal Medicham companion rides upon the back of their newest comrade, a swift-flying Skarmory, who soars through the clear blue skies like a small plane.

The Black Swan: The Black Swan, once one of the largest and most feared pirate ships of its day, now lays rotting on Laguna Beach. Strangely enough wild Pokémon steer clear of the wreck; a sign that people perhaps shouldn't ignore.

A short time later, Will and his Pokemon arrive at the rotting remains of the Black Swan. The prospect of finding a fortune in long lost treasure has brought the lad here and he quickly recalls Skarmeo and Zebreo, thanking them for their help and promising them a bit of rest, before setting off with Medeo and Hyneo to do some exploring. Hoping to find something valuable and just as eager to add another member to his squad, Will takes a step towards the beached pirate schooner, unsure what adventures fate holds in store for them...
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 16th June 2012 at 3:22 PM.

fb | trades | pc
    *team pose by Luxraymaster

Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: DS: I blame this fella ^^;

As Hyrem cast the line, he could see where the fish Pokemon were this time... and they were interested in the lure!

While he waited for a bite, he watched Andy struggle to keep his Gorebyss from getting away. However, it seemed that Gorebyss was just too strong for his Bronzor to stop, although it was trying a different escape route which gave him a little more time to come up with a strategy.

Soon enough, the reel spins again, though a lot faster than before. As Hyrem tried reeling it in, the rod was bending and he had to support himself on the railings just so he had a chance to reel it. "Man, this one's a lot stronger!" he grunted as he continued reeling it in. Since the line was shorter, he could now see the green fish and gained strength from this. After giving it the ol' heave-ho, he finally reels it onto the boat. "Wow, this guy looks nasty..." he said with some hesitation and registered another fish for the Pokedex:

Basculin, the Hostile Pokemon. They come in two varieties: Red-Striped and Blue-Striped. The two species will fight each other instantly should they see each other. In fact, anything that enters their waters is attacked on sight.

Daphne took the initiative and fired her Leech Seed, but the Basculin--a Red-Striped Basculin, in this case--Crunched it effortlessly in its powerful, large jaws. Even though it was reeled in, it looked like it was going to put up much more of a fight than Chinchou did, and it looked stronger too. Daphne became clearly unnerved by this bigger and stronger fish and Hardened herself, knowing this could be a long battle for her. But this fish was a carnivore. It didn't want seeds, it wanted meat. And the body of flesh that brought it up here would definitely hit the spot. Before Hyrem could react, the fish had lunged for him and sank its teeth into his foot!

"AAAAGH!!" he screamed in pain, which brought Daphne to her senses. Seeing her trainer in trouble, she spit her Bullet Seeds at the assailant. Thankfully for Hyrem, this caused Basculin to let go and drop back onto the deck. He looked at his foot. His sneaker had been Bitten clean through the sole and was now stained all over with his blood in addition to the deck, and his foot was still affected by the sharp pain. When asked by Andy if he was all right, he said, "I don't know, I think I might need help!"

This spurned Sera into action. Attacking her Pokemon friends was one thing; that was just the nature of a Pokemon battle. But an attack on her trainer was just crossing the line. Forget being support for Daphne, this Basculin had thrown out the rulebook entirely, and she was not going to just stand there, watch Hyrem get bitten by the bloodthirsty fish, and let it get away with that! While Hyrem was tending to his injuries, he had sensed a dark red color coming from Ralts, and he knew she wasn't just going to jump into the battle... she wanted to get serious.

But it wasn't just Sera. Something triggered inside of Daphne too. How dare this fish just attack Hyrem like that! Sure, she gets up to some crazy mischief and gets him in trouble sometimes, but she still loves him as her trainer all the same! Any fear that was inside of her when the Basculin first appeared was gone now, and all she wanted to do now was prove that she could protect her trainer just like Sera could.

At that moment, her body began to be enveloped in white light. An evolution! Her body underwent a radical transformation and became more humanoid in form. When the light faded, it revealed a brown body with a lighter colored "mask" around the Pokemon's eyes and nose. A lone leaf stood atop her head, her legs were more bulbous, and she had slender arms and torso.

Hyrem couldn't believe his eyes. "Da... Daphne, you're..." he started to say when the voice of the Pokedex interrupted with her new identity:

Nuzleaf, the Wily Pokemon, and the evolved form of Seedot. They live deep within forested areas and use leaves to play music meant to scare travelers that listen to it. Their long noses are the most sensitive part of their bodies, and they will do everything they can to keep others from touching them.

"Haha, all right then, now that you've evolved, let's let him have it!" Hyrem cheered Daphne on, still holding his foot. "Use Razor Leaf, then another Bullet Seed. Then use Leech Seed again; this time try attacking from the side or even from behind, if you can, so Basculin can't Crunch through it!"

"Nuz nuzleaf!" said Daphne, ready to show the Hostile Pokemon her new powers.

Sera stood there still awaiting orders from Hyrem. "Sera, I know how much you want to do this, but this is Daphne's moment; let her prove herself to us!" he said with a smile, then winced again at his injury. She looked at him and transmitted a brighter red color to him. Hyrem looked back at her and simply said, "Just trust her," then smiled again. Trust Daphne? Nevertheless, she did as instructed and watched to see how Daphne would do against their foe.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast