Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

Son of Shadows: Adrenaline pumps through your veins as you approach one of the empty seats, taking on the roll of reluctant babysitter as you hunker down next to a child sporting a Pikachu costume. “OH HI THERE MY NAME’S BILLY WHATS YOURS?. IM SIX AND A HALF YEARS OLD MY MOM SAYS I’M TOO LITTLE TO RIDE THE KYA-KYO-“ You sigh as the kid spends about a minute trying to pronounce the legendary orca’s name, feeling like you should probably wave the attention of the ride attendant by now. But as the metal bar closed down tight on your gut you realise its too late. A sharp piston signals the start of the ride, a release of pressure sending the carts wheeling out of the station. Breaking out of the tunnel your eyes readjust to the light and you spot a huge pool built around the coaster’s tracks with several glass tunnels weaving in and out of it. As you look around in awe your heart skips a beat with a hook grappling onto the bottom of the cart as you reached a sharp incline. The kid continues to ask invasive questions, the barrier barely keeping him seated as he attempts to clamber out of the ride. You pull the kid back by one of his Pikachu ears at the ride continues its near-verticle climb into the skies. The few Goldeen you could spot diving in and out of the water below looked like tiny ants now as you had a birds eye view of the whole park. You squint toward the entrance, noticing the band of nefarious environmentalists were no longer protesting outside.

“HERE WE GO!” The kid screams, his feet swinging off the edge of the seat as you barely catch sight of the deaf-defying drop. With a noisy swoosh the cart tumbles over the edge at breakneck speed, eliciting a loud scream on your part and an even louder scream from Billy who was wailing in terror. The g-forces make your stomach turn as your cheeks ripple in the intense velocity – what a feeling! Before you know what’s hit you the ride crashes into the water causing an eruption of white foam, the salty spray going up your nose and into your eyes. The water rains down for a few seconds, soaking you to the bone and leaving the kid even more terrified as the pointy ears of his costume turned flaccid. The ride wasn’t over yet. The coaster continues through a series of steeps and falls, tunnels and loop-de-loops. The ride starts to slow down now as it enters one of the underwater tunnels, the thick glass giving you a good view of the spectacular wildlife. A school of Magikarp narrowly speeds overhead whilst you spot a mysterious looking Cloyster release a few bubbles from its bivalve before clamping shut.

Clerchunk

Suddenly the ride grinds to a halt, sending you jerking forward with a great deal of pain as the metal bar punches the air out of your stomach. “WAAAAAAH I WANNA GET OFF!” Screams the kid. You can’t help share his feelings as you stare more intently at the glass: It’d been heavily vandalised. There was a Team Aqua insignia scaled in red spraypaint on the window, and what looked like a small radio taped across it. Just behind you the a control box had been ripped apart somehow, sparking dangerously as several red wires stuck out. It looked like you were stuck. What’s worse is that the radio-like device suddenly starts blinking and nearby Sharpedo nosedive toward the tunnel in a wild frenzy! The school of sharks start bashing their heads against the window, the kid now screaming louder than ever. Whilst the tempered glass looked safe you soon start to notice small cracks. If you didn’t do something fast you’d end up fish food... What will you do?
    Hoo boy. It had been some time since Joshua had dealt with a six-year-old; he'd forgotten what little motor-mouths they could be. Just tune him out Joshua, the ride'll start and he'll just... Scream. Yeah. Screw this, callin the attend- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAANT! For some reason, his brain began to scream as the ride kicked into gear, blasting off around the massive tank at lickety speed. Joshua grabbed onto the bar tight, feeling the adrenaline kick in. He grinned uncontrollably, yet horribly creepy. He prayed the kid wasn't looking at him. He could see everything from up here though, including the foreboding glass tunnels that would bring them underwater - he had to give the engineers credit, this was a pretty awesome ride. As he pulled Billy back into his seat - having the kid fall would put a pretty big damper on the day - he noticed that Team Aqua was no longer outside the front of the park. They must be getting ready SPLASH! The ride crashed down into the tank of water, causing a gigantic spout of water to splash up and drench everyone on it to the bone. Thank goodness for towels, a warm day, and Bishop's Heat Wave... His train of thought continued: for the Shamu show... Well, I might have "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" he screamed on a loop-de-loop, a few surprises of my own for them. And I suspect "WOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HAAAAAAAAA!" he cried during a fall, Livewire might too, thought Joshua as the Koaster descended at breakneck speeds into an underwater glass tunnel, giving the patrons a fantastic view of the underwater wildlife...

And a large, red, Team Aqua emblem. Oh crap, not here too... More sabotage, and they were being much more brazen about it here than the Mantine tanks. The ride had completely stopped, and Joshua had been winded by the bar suddenly punching him in the stomach. Billy screamed about wanting to get off, and Joshua couldn't help but agree, though the metal bar completely prevented them from doing so. He began to look around, for any possible solutions. A control box had been damaged, which was probably the reason they'd stopped. What really got Joshua's attention though was the small radio on the side of the tunnel. Apparently it got some kind of signal, as it started to blink faster and faster... And it had an effect on the Sharpedo above them, driving them positively ballistic - it reminded Joshua of the Lake of Rage incident in Johto from when he was younger. Team Rocket had broadcast a radio signal that forced all the Magikarp in the lake to evolve to Gyarados and drove them wild. This seemed to be the same thing, except no evolution. Yet. The Sharpedo were now attacking the glass tunnel, attempting to break through - if they weren't stopped, they'd be devoured, if they didn't drown first. It was a terrifying situation straight out of a Final Destination movie (Joshua had never liked them).

He reached into his pocket, and grabbed the third Pokéball. He couldn't really move, but he managed to enlarge it and toss it. The ball opened to reveal Livewire the Stunfisk. Joshua had a desperate idea. "Livewire, I need your help! You must have some electricity charged inside you - you have the Static ability after all - I need you to try and short out that blinking device on the tunnel wall!"
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

OOC: I apologize to Hayward, but I’ve currently reached my cap for the time being.

Crater Lake:

Thrain:Making the trek up the mountainside, you and Blaze ponder the excitement of starting a new adventure. Where would destiny take you? What friends would you meet along the way? Fortunately for you, you have a long time to wonder as the journey up the mountain is no quick and easy task. You begin to sprint toward the mountaintop, and the journey through nature’s beauty gives you a second wind. You arrive at the lodge and enter.

“Hello! Welcome, weary traveler!” a voice greets you. A pretty, young brunette girl from behind a desk nearby smiles at you. “Glad to see you made it! My name is Cindy and I will be your concierge during your visit!”

You look around and see various people wandering through the expansive building. Some sitting near a fireplace, deep in discussion, others dragging hiking gear toward various rooms, others heading toward the dining hall.

“Let me tell you about the lodge,” Cindy offers. “Downstairs is the dining hall where many trainers go to grab a bite to eat and discuss their own journeys. Also, every few hours, one of our hiking guides takes a small group on an excursion around the mountain. And of course, we also offer rooms for rent for trainers to rest up for their next adventure. How can I be of service to you today?”

Cindy smiles, waiting for your answer.

What will you do?

Suicune Effigy:

OkikuMew: Like many who arrive at Whale Island, you decide to visit the Suicune Effigy. Upon arriving, you are taken aback by the statue’s majestic beauty. Your faithful Poochyena attempts to show his own toughness by playfully imitating the statue’s pose. How faithful.

Enjoying your time together, you toss him a piece of jerky, which he happily catches in his mouth and gobbles it up. You smile at your friend, and thinking he deserves another treat, you toss a second piece of jerky in the air and Max jumps to grab it…

…but is knocked out of the way. In a flash, a Dodrio sprints through, knocks Max to the ground, grabs the jerky in one of it’s mouths, and keeps on sprinting.

You’re shocked. Max is shocked…and infuriated. He gets to his feet, growls angrily, and then takes off sprinting chasing after the Dodrio.

What do you do?

Coolz8: You seem to be relatively unphased by the events going on. Rather than the strange group of Suicune worshippers at the base of the statue, you seem to be more intrigued by the crowd of onlookers.

You head toward the crowd, non-chalantly so as to not to be suspicious, but you still want to get a good look at the crowd. Your anxiety peaks as you near the crowd. Happy couples, athletic bicyclists, parents and their children. They all seem like they would be…normal. Nevertheless, you seem to get the sinking suspicion of impending doom.

In your search, you seem to have forgotten the group of Suicune worshippers. But they haven’t forgotten you. You turn, and the entire congregation seems to be staring at you.

An older woman, wearing a long pale blue robe rises from the ground and heads toward you, her arms embraced. She nears closer and smiles.

“Have you heard the word of Suicune, brother?” she asks.

What will you do?

Energos Quarry:

allishinca:
    After some initial apprehension, the girl convinces you to lend her hand mining for gemstones. Pluto’s uncontrollable desire didn’t help the matter, and while you would rather be searching for electric-type Pokemon, here you are…doing manual labor…inside a mysterious cave.

You swing down the pickaxe with a loud CLANG which echoes through the cave. You shudder a bit at the loud noise, but Pluto, the girl, and her Drillbur seem unphased. Pluto, furiously scratching a rock, begins jumping up and down erratically. He grabs you by the hand and pulls you over, pointing gleefully to a glimmering shiny object in the stone. The girl and her Drillbur step over and take a look.

“You…you found one…” the girl says a bit dejectedly. “But I haven’t found anything all day.”

Suddenly, a loud crash is heard not far away causing the entire cave to rumble.

“Oh god…they know we’re here!” the girl exclaims. The crashes become louder and more frequent. In a panic, you turn and notice the girl, the Drillbur, and the stone with the shiny object are all missing and you hear the sound of footsteps running away. The loud crashes appear to be getting closer.

What will you do?

The Lighthouse:

extroph:
    After being dragged into this trip by a persuasive old sea salt, you now find yourself engulfed in a fight due to your Spearow’s short temper.

Spearow laughs off the Qwilfish at first, but is immediately nailed in the face with a sharp surge from Water Gun. The tiny bird Pokemon doubles back and little bit and regains it’s composure before making it’s first move. Upon your command, Spearow flies into the sky and swoops down at the Qwilfish and gouges at the balloon Pokemon with it’s beak, getting a direct hit with Peck. The Qwilfish winces in pain, but has appeared to get the last laugh. Spearow comes away from the attack looking a little weary and shuddering with a purple glow.

Poison Point. Qwilfish’s ability. Spearow is now suffering from poison.

“Ha!” laughs the sailor. “That ought to keep yer yap shut! Now Qwilfish use Harden and then Tackle!”

The Qwilfish’s skin becomes stone-like for a fleeting moment and it nails Spearow with a big Tackle driving it into the ground. Additionally, Spearow’s poisoning has taken a bit out of it.

“Is that all you got? You gotta be more creative than that to get aboard this ship!” the sailor shouts.

Spearow has taken a decent amount of damage, while the Qwilfish’s damage has been minimal. Things may look bleak, but it’s still way too early to call this battle in anyone’s favor.

What will you do?

Quote Originally Posted by King Ghidorah View Post
    Crater Lake:

Thrain: Making the trek up the mountainside, you and Blaze ponder the excitement of starting a new adventure. Where would destiny take you? What friends would you meet along the way? Fortunately for you, you have a long time to wonder as the journey up the mountain is no quick and easy task. You begin to sprint toward the mountaintop, and the journey through nature’s beauty gives you a second wind. You arrive at the lodge and enter.

“Hello! Welcome, weary traveler!” a voice greets you. A pretty, young brunette girl from behind a desk nearby smiles at you. “Glad to see you made it! My name is Cindy and I will be your concierge during your visit!”

You look around and see various people wandering through the expansive building. Some sitting near a fireplace, deep in discussion, others dragging hiking gear toward various rooms, others heading toward the dining hall.

“Let me tell you about the lodge,” Cindy offers. “Downstairs is the dining hall where many trainers go to grab a bite to eat and discuss their own journeys. Also, every few hours, one of our hiking guides takes a small group on an excursion around the mountain. And of course, we also offer rooms for rent for trainers to rest up for their next adventure. How can I be of service to you today?”

Cindy smiles, waiting for your answer.

What will you do?

Pushing the oak front door open, Eric and Blaze entered a large reception area decorated with linoleum tile and wood paneling. Here and there, trainers wandered about talking among one another, showing each other their Pokémon, and even trading different items. Pictures of various locations on the volcano adorned the walls, giving the pair a hint at the scenic views ahead. Eric happened to notice a fairly large piece that showed an aerial view of the lake from above, and he couldn't help but gasp in amazement. It looked humongous! "Boy, this place sure looks nice, huh, Blaze? I bet we'll enjoy our time here!" Blaze yipped in agreement.

Taking a few steps into the entry hall, Eric's attention turned to that of a young lady standing behind a desk in the center of the room. Looking up from her work, the woman introduced herself as Cindy and welcomed them to the lodge. "Downstairs is the dining hall where many trainers go to grab a bite to eat and discuss their own journeys. Also, every few hours, one of our hiking guides takes a small group on an excursion around the mountain. And of course, we also offer rooms for rent for trainers to rest up for their next adventure. How can I be of service to you today?"

Pondering Cindy's question, Eric looked down to ask Blaze's opinion, only to find that he had disappeared. That's odd. Where could he have gone? Glancing around, Eric found that Blaze wasn't among the other trainers or Pokémon either. Typical Blaze. He always wanders off to explore new places. "I think I'll go get a bite to eat right now," Eric said, turning back to face Cindy. "What time is the next hike?"

~~~

While Eric had been talking with the young lady, Blaze had decided to scour the lodge for some food. After all, they had been hiking for two hours and Blaze was absolutely starving. Navigating down a long hallway that branched off the main entrance, Blaze used his nose to guide him downstairs and into the dining room...

Suicune Effigy:

OkikuMew: Like many who arrive at Whale Island, you decide to visit the Suicune Effigy. Upon arriving, you are taken aback by the statue’s majestic beauty. Your faithful Poochyena attempts to show his own toughness by playfully imitating the statue’s pose. How faithful.

Enjoying your time together, you toss him a piece of jerky, which he happily catches in his mouth and gobbles it up. You smile at your friend, and thinking he deserves another treat, you toss a second piece of jerky in the air and Max jumps to grab it…

…but is knocked out of the way. In a flash, a Dodrio sprints through, knocks Max to the ground, grabs the jerky in one of it’s mouths, and keeps on sprinting.

You’re shocked. Max is shocked…and infuriated. He gets to his feet, growls angrily, and then takes off sprinting chasing after the Dodrio.

What do you do?
    As both Max and I finish eating each of our slice of jerky, I think that he would like to eat another one. I mean, not only they're soooo good, but I'm still hungry, so he probably still is, too! I grab another piece of the dried meat and teasingly wiggle it.

"Do you want it?"

He playfully barks at me, shaking his whole body in anticipation.

"Okie dokes, come, and... get it!"

I throw the food upwards, trying to make my Poochyena do a very high jump. He quickly crouches then leaps at it at a very good height, his mouth wide open and his tongue and spit flapping out of it... but he's interrupted by a Dodrio, whacking him with full speed, snaps the jerky into one of its beaks and keeps on running!

"Whoa wait what!?" I garble, flabergasted.

Max, clearly not amused of losing his little moment of happiness, got right back up, growls at the jerky thief then launches himself to it as fast as he could!

"Whoa, wait! Max!"

I run after the two Pokémon as much as I can, while blidingly grabbing my Pokédex from my backpack to scan the three-headed bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokédex
    Dodrio, the Triple Bird Pokémon. When Doduo evolves into this odd breed, one of its heads splits into two. It runs at nearly 40 mph.
    Which not much of a surprise, this guy's sure's a quick one. Too quick, even.

"Max, stop running after it, it's too fast! ...I still got more jerky left ya know!"

But he clearly is too hard-headed to get the prowler back from running into him and stealing from him, as he ignores my advice and does not stop his pursuit. Knowing Max for years, he seems to ready himself to tackle him whenever he's gonna catch up to the flying-type. I shake my head, still desperately trying to get near my stubborn Poochyena.

allishinca: After some initial apprehension, the girl convinces you to lend her hand mining for gemstones. Pluto’s uncontrollable desire didn’t help the matter, and while you would rather be searching for electric-type Pokemon, here you are…doing manual labor…inside a mysterious cave.

You swing down the pickaxe with a loud CLANG which echoes through the cave. You shudder a bit at the loud noise, but Pluto, the girl, and her Drillbur seem unphased. Pluto, furiously scratching a rock, begins jumping up and down erratically. He grabs you by the hand and pulls you over, pointing gleefully to a glimmering shiny object in the stone. The girl and her Drillbur step over and take a look.

“You…you found one…” the girl says a bit dejectedly. “But I haven’t found anything all day.”

Suddenly, a loud crash is heard not far away causing the entire cave to rumble.

“Oh god…they know we’re here!” the girl exclaims. The crashes become louder and more frequent. In a panic, you turn and notice the girl, the Drillbur, and the stone with the shiny object are all missing and you hear the sound of footsteps running away. The loud crashes appear to be getting closer.

What will you do?
    The teenage girl was not at all swayed by Alli's warning of the Minhocăo. Pluto seemed eager to help out, so Alli decided to participate. Following the example set by the others, Alli laboriously lifted the pickaxe and smashed it down on a nearby rock. The harsh metallic sound reverberated off of the cave walls, causing Alli to jump. The others were unaffected by the piercing noise and continued working. Alli took some time to collect herself before attempting to swing the pickaxe again. Pluto was scratching away at a nearby rock and squealed gleefully when he unearthed a shiny new jewel. He swaggered over towards Alli in order to boast about what he had found.

"What is it, Pluto?" Pluto grabbed Alli by the hand and proudly displayed the jewel he had found. "Oh, good job!" Alli picked him up and squeezed him tightly, causing Pluto to go torpid. Peering over Alli's shoulder, Pluto saw the teenager and Drilbur approach. He eyed them suspiciously, but was unable to do anything in his current state.

"You.. you found one..." The girl said, a bit dejected. "But I haven't found anything all day."

"He's a Sableye," Alli explained. "They can find jewels easily since that's what they eat in the wild." Pluto did love the taste of gems. He had been eating junk such as Alli's plastic toys and tin robots for so long that he couldn't remember the last time he had a gem. Currently, he was not at all happy over how close in proximity the teenager and her Pokemon were to the jewel. He tried to fidget his way down, but Alli was too wrapped up in her conversation to notice this.

An Intense clamor shook the entire cavern, followed by an erupting noise.
    Alli glanced around wildly, her eyes full of fear.

"Oh God... They know we're here!" shouted the girl.

"Who? The Minhocăo?" Alli asked in a panic. The noise of a second loud crash echoed off of the high cave walls. It then continued repeatedly, growing significantly more boisterous and frequent after each one. The ground continued to shake, causing Alli to fall backwards. Pluto burst out of Alli's grip just in time to notice that the girl, the Drilbur, and the jewel was gone.

His jewel.

Pluto was furious.
    How dare they steal from him when he was planning on swindling them?!
    Pluto was about to chase after them when Alli called out.

"Pluto!" She cried.
    Poor Alli was terrified.
    Pluto glanced at her, then down the path the thieves had taken, then back to Alli.
    The clashes had grown even louder and the ground shook violently.

Trainer. Thieves. Trainer. Thieves.
    Pluto continued to weight his options.
    Alli looked up at him with tear filled eyes. Pluto groaned. After all, this whole situation was somewhat his fault. If he hadn't been so darn greedy, he and Alli could have been frolicking with electric-type by now. Pluto ran up to Alli and put himself between her and whatever was coming. Alli tried to run, but the rumbling ground prevented her from standing. Instead, she crawled behind a nearby stalagmite and hugged it for dear life. Looking back, she realized that Pluto had not followed her, but instead was standing his ground in the middle of the mine path.

"What are doing?! You can't fight a Minhocăo! They're gigantic!" Alli shouted to him. Pluto refused to move. "You're only fourteen inches tall!* That's short even for a Sableye!!" Pluto's demeanor was not altered. This whole mess was his fault, and he was determined to keep Alli safe at all cost.

Alli sense something was nearing.
    She closed her eyes and squeezed the stalagmite tightly.
    Pluto braced himself for whatever was about to emerge.

*(14" Inches = 1'2" Ft. = 0.35 Meters)
    Last edited by allishinca; 11th July 2012 at 8:49 PM.

The Lighthouse:

extroph:
    After being dragged into this trip by a persuasive old sea salt, you now find yourself engulfed in a fight due to your Spearow’s short temper.

Spearow laughs off the Qwilfish at first, but is immediately nailed in the face with a sharp surge from Water Gun. The tiny bird Pokemon doubles back and little bit and regains it’s composure before making it’s first move. Upon your command, Spearow flies into the sky and swoops down at the Qwilfish and gouges at the balloon Pokemon with it’s beak, getting a direct hit with Peck. The Qwilfish winces in pain, but has appeared to get the last laugh. Spearow comes away from the attack looking a little weary and shuddering with a purple glow.

Poison Point. Qwilfish’s ability. Spearow is now suffering from poison.

“Ha!” laughs the sailor. “That ought to keep yer yap shut! Now Qwilfish use Harden and then Tackle!”

The Qwilfish’s skin becomes stone-like for a fleeting moment and it nails Spearow with a big Tackle driving it into the ground. Additionally, Spearow’s poisoning has taken a bit out of it.

“Is that all you got? You gotta be more creative than that to get aboard this ship!” the sailor shouts.

Spearow has taken a decent amount of damage, while the Qwilfish’s damage has been minimal. Things may look bleak, but it’s still way too early to call this battle in anyone’s favor.

What will you do?

Spearow flies over to get poisoned. Great.

Vernon was getting angry, both at the trainer and at himself for being so stupid. Spearow squawked again, as he was hit directly by the Qwilfish's tackle. "Return, Spearow!" The injured Spearow was sucked back inside the Pokeball, away from further harm. "We'll get you cured, I promise." Vernon then gazed at the Qwilfish, who was now tougher in physical defense. Then, Vernon thought of a plan.

"Rey, come out!" With that, the Electrike leaped onto the ship with great finesse. "Thunder Wave that little brute!" Vernon grabbed Poochyena's Pokeball, ready to take it out after Electrike's attack. Neko can easily attack it from a distance with Swift, so it's best to send her out.

3DS FC: 1805 - 2374 - 9672
    PASBL

Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post

::Pieli Harbour::

MarbleZone: "Okay... right over here, then," Andrew said, sounding more and more dubious about the whole thing, but he was desperate, and seldomly does one sit down to ask questions in desperation, "and remember, nobody outside can know about this!" he reminded you, perhaps a bit too paranoid. You however did not look nearly as worried; how hard could it be to take out a small group of Grimer anyways? Led into the small building, the clark's face suddenly turns pale however, as you both see a lone Grimer in the middle of the hallway, a trace of sludge leading back to a large metallic door shut tight with a makeshift barricade.

"You've got to be kidding me!" exclaimed Andrew in horrow as he wondered just how the heck did it manage to get out already. For better or worse now will be your chance to prove him your Grimer busting skills.

What will you do?
    The building was a relatively confined space, and cold, as one would expect from an ice cream storage room. Battling here would require precision and careful planning. There was a metallic door across the hallway from where they stood and, sure enough, a single Grimer made its way slowly toward Levin and Andrew. Levin smiled; the confidence kept building up inside him, especially after laying eyes on his target - a goofy, slow, jelly-like Pokémon that might have been a threat in numbers, but this one stood all by itself.

He reached for a PokéBall in his belt and twirled it in his fingers.

Gaius can crush this slime easily. He has the type advantage and the raw power of a Dragon, so the choice is obvious.

As he was about to call out his Gible, something made him hesitate. A voice in the back of his head that reminded him of what happened every time he let his ego take over.

That's right... I always screw up when I underestimate an opponent. How many times has Minccino scolded me because of it? These Grimer didn't just show up out of nowhere, someone planted them here. Who knows how strong they are? For all I know, they could have been raised to battle, even without a trainer around. And, properly trained, Grimer can learn a variety of moves...

He placed the PokéBall in his belt again, and picked a different one.

If Andrew's right, there are at least three of them. Gaius may have the advantage and be extremely powerful, but I'll need to save him for later. He hatched recently, and I can't risk having him worn out too early. And besides, he has an ego of his own... I need somebody more reliable to start off. Someone I can trust to keep my confidence in check, too.

- Minccino, out you go!

The chinchilla materialized and hopped around excitedly. The prospect of battle always got her fired up, even if she acted like a conceited lady in every other situation.

- Your opponent is that Grimer. We know nothing of its strength, so let's be careful for now... Start off with a fierce Growl to show you mean business!

Default Whale Island Adventures: Batch 11

Oh yeah, here goeas another set of updates. Welcome to Hayward (and a belated welcome to Kratos too, who I forgot to introduce last time. xP). I hope you'll have a blast here. That said, enjoy!

::Pieli Harbour::

MarbleZone: Confidence starts building up on you as you're faced with only a single Grimer, and your thoughts first turn to your Gible, Gaius, in order to deal with the Poison-type as quickly as possible. Figuring that perhaps the Grimer might be trained by man however, and thus, stronger than it might look, you instead decide to call out Min, the Minccino looking eager and ready for a fight, which made a sharp contrast with what one would expect by her deceptively cute looks. Though she had no distinctive advantage over her opponent, you could trust her to deal with this pest effectively whereas Gaius in turn was a secret weapon best let in reserve until the time was right.

Issueing your command, Min starts Growling threatheningly to the Grimer, sounding surprisingly intimidating like a rabid chihuahua dog would. The Grimer seems to slowly back off a little bit in response, but you could tell by its defensive posture that it would definitely fight back if you pressured it any further. Andrew in turn, merely held his breath, waiting to see what was about to happen next.

What will you do?

::Ampere Beach::

Emp: You couldn't believe what you just heard as Robbie issued his first order, and as you looked at him you wondered wether he had gone insane or if this was some sort of secret weapon -maybe both. You quickly instruct Guppy to Bounce over the attack, and he immediately responds, leaping high into the air like seldomly a Magikarp ever does, much to the amazement of the other beachgoers. Snookie wasn't having any of it however, as she taps into the draconic heritage hidden deep within the ancestral memory of her genes, summoning forth a twister with her Dragon Rage. Many jaws dropped to the ground in awe as Guppy found himself being swallowed and tossed around within the small but furious vortex before being launched back into the water.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! Did you just see that?! I told ya my 'karp was the real deal!" Robbie celebrated, feeling like he had won already. Guppy still had a lot of fight left though, and a surprising amount of heart as he quickly readied himself to keep up the offensive. With both fish staring at each other for a fraction of a second, Guppy quickly rushes forward to meet his opponent head on, an action which Snookie too mimics like a mirror. Both carps lunge out of the water, clashing mid-air with a simultaneous Tackle before being likewise pushed back from the impact and against the water's surface.

"The hell ya doin'?!" Robbie exclaimed. "Dragon Rage is all ya need to do! Dragon Rage, now!" He roared the command to his Pokémon, and Snookie looks ready to let it rip once again, much to your dismay. Energy starts building up again within the deceptively weak-looking fish, and then... absolutely nothing; the Magikarp looking very confused as she wondered what just happened right before being bashed in the face by another of Guppy's Tackles.

"What?! Whaaaaat?! B-but, we practiced!" Robbie complained already throwing a small tantrum like a frustrated child. It would seem they didn't practice quite hard enough. It was said that once upon a time Magikarp were considerably stronger than their feeble modern counterparts, but that isn't the case anymore and there's a reason they're known for being the weakest of the weak. Perhaps this isn't going to be such a one-sided battle, but that one attack still hurt, and Guppy was now looking slightly worse than his opponent. Misfire or not, it was an attack to be wary of, and who knows what other secret weapon she had in store for you.

What will you do?

::Seaside City::

Charminions: Damn right you were gonna "testify", even if you figured these were unauthorized battle grounds; you were never one to back down from a challenge, after all.

"Charm and Apollo? Aight. Glad you aren't chickening out on us, man!" Devon answered as you introduced yourself, looking pleased by your decision. As you both get ready on opposite sides of the ring, you can see you're drawing quite a bit of attention as many other customers halted their routines entirely to watch the developing fight. Even your other classmates were paying closer attention, the duo making bets with one another whereas the lass simply observed in silence. None of that mattered though, for all you had to think of now was your opponent and your opponent only.

As you issue your orders, Apollo starts quickly shuffling from side to side, greatly relaxing and warming up his muscles while considerably increasing his Agility. Bubbah, on the other end, too Worked himself Up for battle, greatly boosting his confidence in the process as he entered some sort of battle frenzy. Rushing towards each other, both combatants meet at the center of the ring; Apollo using his now superior speed to land the first blow, jabbing straight into the Vigoroth's face with his Fire Punch. Bubbah groans as he is forced to stagger back a couple of steps, a pair of embers still sizzling on his face, but his mind was focused, and he immediately shrugs it off before unleashing a righteous Fury of Swipes; Apollo agilely weaving to and fro to minimize damage.

Finding an appropriate opening, Apollo kicks the hiperactive sloth straight in the gut before giving him twice the pain with another one into his chest; his Double Kick nailing Bubbah for super-effective damage and sending him straight into the ropes. Much to the Fire-type's surprise however, Bubbah bounces back, using the ropes to gather momentum before latching on to Apollo with a sudden lariat, nimbly transitioning the move into an elaborate throw as he spins the Combusken round and then overhead before slamming him hard against the matt with his Seismic Toss; the entire ring shaking upon impact as a result. With Apollo's back against the floor, you see Bubbah already preparing his next attack on the grounded Fire-type; Apollo's options apparently looking limited in this position.

What will you do?

::Rainbow Reef::

xXKratosAurionXx: Now aware of the presence of such a brutal predator, you decide to follow your instincts and start recalling your training, slowly swimming away from the threat in a manner that wouldn't display neither fear nor disrespect towards it. You couldn't help feeling a tad anxious however, as adrenaline started flowing throughout your body. You try to control yourself, remembering the many drill courses undergone during your training, finally achieving some inner peace as you focused harder and harder. You could only hope the Sharpedo would take interest in easier prey than Brunhilde and yourself. Unfortunatey, that doesn't seem to be the case however as soon enough you're surprised to see the Sharpedo swim past right in front of you, and as you follow it with your eyes, you can see it going in circles around you both. Wether or not you had done something wrong to draw its attention now didn't seem to matter as you now had all of it. The shark didn't seem to look at you with bloodlust however, but rather it seemed to be intensely curious instead. Wether it would satisfy its curiosity by using its sharp teeth however, was something else entirely, and Brunhilde was already looking very anxious from the stress and anticipation brought forth by this whole situation.

As you debate yourself about what the next best course of action would be, you're suddenly caught off guard as the Sharpedo boldly closes in towards you; neither rushing in nor slowing down, but rather an intense and moderately paced invasion of your personal circle of safety. Whatever its intentions were, you only had but a pair of seconds to react accordingly.

What will you do?

::The Black Swan::

-Hayward-: It had been a while since your last exciting adventure, and now you hoped to once again satiate your thirst for excitement as you ventured into one of Whale Island's most ominous of areas, the dreaded Black Swan. In its glory days, it used to be home and transport for one of the most brutal and fearsome groups of pirates to have ever layed foot on this island, if not the planet itself. Tainted with the evil that lied in the hearts of its previous owners, it now stood alone and abandoned as a monument of all that was wrong and twisted in mankind. There's a reason most wild Pokémon avoid this place like the plague, and as you approach its rotten and ebony remains, so can you feel the strange and intense pressure that emanated from it; the thick gray skies and howling winds only adding to the experience and forshadowing dangers that were yet to come.

It was a good thing that you weren't alone on this journey as you found strength and comfot in the company of Hynéo and Medéo, who had time and time again proved their worth to you before; Hynéo's acute senses and Medéo's psychic prowess would sure come in handy in this place. Looking up at the massive remains of the crippled swan, you wonder were to even start before finding a large breach on the ship's hull, leading into the ship's forecastle. An eerie silence fills the air as you make way into the tight quarter's once belonging to the ship's crew, only accentuating the sound of the whining wooden floor with every single one of your steps. You get the unsettling feeling that you're being watched, and more importantly, that you're not welcome; a sentiment strong enough to even put all of Hynéo's hairs on end. Looking out the door that led into the main decks, you see but a single purple wisp, floating idly before suddenly disappearing. What could it possibly be? You could stay in and further explore the crew chambers to see what had they left behind, or you could go out and explore the rest of the ship.

What will you do?

::Crater Lake::

jolteonjak: Things didn't go quite as planned at all just now, but you could be certain this was almost over as you go all out with your new set of orders. Getting into action, Cyndaquil seeks to strike down the weaker Wooper with his Extrasensory, pulling out every bit of Psychic-energy left in the process, while Heracross hovers forward to get up close and personal with the other one. As Cyndaquil's psychedelic beam makes impact against its intended target, so too does Heracross's Drain Punch which smashes against the other's face while simultaneously restoring the Bug-type's health and honor. As the Wooper gets back to its feet, wincing from the pain induced by its throbbing cheek, it gasps as it sees its partner wavering to and fro before collapsing into unconsciousness. With its partner now down for the count, the Wooper is now at a loss of action as it finds itself alone fighting two opponents, all confidence going down the drain in the process. Capitalizing on its moment of weakness and hesitation, your Pokémon take action once again. Cyndaquil is first to move, Mimicking Heracross's Drain Punch before punching the Wooper right across its other cheek with his small forearm. Staggering back a few steps, Wooper has little time to react as it notices Heracross's claws gather Dark-energy; the horned-neetle stepping past Wooper in an instant and slicing through as if unsheathing a sword with his Night Slash. The Wooper is sent skyward from the attack, falling to the ground a second afterwards with a loud thump behind Heracross; its expression revealing that it too could no longer continue to battle. Level Up for Cyndaquil and Heracross!

It was a hard fought battle, and you could feel sympathy for the Wooper who saw through it to the end. What would they gain from attacking you like that eluded you, but you figure the least you could do was to try and help them out a little bit for the sake of good sportsmanship (and to avoid the possible wrath of an overgrown Quagsire). Pulling out your last few Potions, you nurse the Wooper back to health; the medical spray healing their wounds just enough to allow them to recover their consciousness and slowly get back up to their feet. They seemed pleasantly surprised by your kind gesture, and as they turn to face each other, they both nod in agreement, as if confirming some inside deal between them that you weren't quite aware of. As Cyndaquil curiously asks them about it, one of the Wooper happily explains, blabbering on hiperactively to the Fire-type. Cyndaquil seems to have gotten most of it, and in turn tries to translate to you as best as he could. It would seems they were testing you as one of the Wooper was eagerly looking forward for adventure outside the edge of the volcano, and from what they could now gather, you stroke them as just the right kind of human for the job. As for the other one, well, it was just helping out a friend as it could. Looking back at them, you're met with the adorable, bruised-up face of Wooper, who looked at you with a charming smile and wagged its tail around like a puppy. It looks like someone wants to be friends with you, though there's still fishing to be had tomorrow.

What will you do?

::The Lighthouse::

Marion Ette: You figure the reason the man suddenly asked for your hand was likely for assistance going up the stairs given his blindness. Seeing that Gastly gave no sign for distrusting him, you kindly comply with his request, placing your hand within his reach. The old man chuckled, and it was hard to tell if he was moved by your kind gesture, or simply amusemed by something you just had said.

"Oh, do not worry, young missy, even the way I am now, I know this place as well as I know the palm of my hand. You however..." he said as he gently held your hand, stroking his bony fingers over your palm as if trying to read it. "Ah, so that's the kind of person that you are. It must be providence that brought you 'ere this evening. Maybe... naw..." he started chuckling again, letting go of your hand before carefully going upstairs while singing some melody:

[...]And as the evening darkens, lo! how bright,
    through the deep purple of the twilight air,
    Beams forth the sudden radiance of its light,
    with strange, unearthly splendor in the glare![...]

He muttered, at times uttering unintelligible lines, and at others only humming to himself. "What an interesting fellow. Looks like he's lacking a few screws in his head, but I've always felt the insane know more about the secrets of this world than anyone else. I like that old man already!" Gastly commentated, looking a bit marveled by the scene that unfolded before him.

Once inside the Lighthouse, you're faced once again with the same different choices. You could very well follow the old man upstairs as he did, or check out the basement once again. Either way, the keeper of this lighthouse didn't seem like he would mind at all, as he alreday gave you his blessing to spend the night within. Something else immediately caught your attention though, and it was the very feel of the air around you. How odd, it was no longer saturated with spiritual energy as before. Ominous? Yes, slightly, for any other person that is, but perfectly normal for your standards; nowhere near as aggresive and overwhelming as a few moments ago. Just what had happened, or will happen, in this place? The turth can only be revealed, once again, by the decisions you make.

What will you do?
    Last edited by Balmund; 29th June 2012 at 7:15 PM. Reason: Grammar

Thanks for taking me on Bal! After King G said he was full, I never expected I'd get picked up so quickly. The update was brilliant. I'm loving it already. Thanks again!

::The Black Swan::

-Hayward-: It had been a while since your last exciting adventure, and now you hoped to once again satiate your thirst for excitement as you ventured into one of Whale Island's most ominous of areas, the dreaded Black Swan. In its glory days, it used to be home and transport for one of the most brutal and fearsome groups of pirates to have ever layed foot on this island, if not the planet itself. Tainted with the evil that lied in the hearts of its previous owners, it now stood alone and abandoned as a monument of all that was wrong and twisted in mankind. There's a reason most wild Pokémon avoid this place like the plague, and as you approach its rotten and ebony remains, so can you feel the strange and intense pressure that emanated from it; the thick gray skies and howling winds only adding to the experience and forshadowing dangers that were yet to come.

It was a good thing that you weren't alone on this journey as you found strength and comfot in the company of Hynéo and Medéo, who had time and time again proved their worth to you before; Hynéo's acute senses and Medéo's psychic prowess would sure come in handy in this place. Looking up at the massive remains of the crippled swan, you wonder were to even start before finding a large breach on the ship's hull, leading into the ship's forecastle. An eerie silence fills the air as you make way into the tight quarter's once belonging to the ship's crew, only accentuating the sound of the whining wooden floor with every single one of your steps. You get the unsettling feeling that you're being watched, and more importantly, that you're not welcome; a sentiment strong enough to even put all of Hynéo's hairs on end. Looking out the door that led into the main decks, you see but a single purple wisp, floating idly before suddenly disappearing. What could it possibly be? You could stay in and further explore the crew chambers to see what had they left behind, or you could go out and explore the rest of the ship.

What will you do?
    On Whale Island's Laguna Peninsula, where no roads reach and no dwellings dot the scenic seaside, a giant schooner lies abandoned on the beachfront for years, possibly even decades or centuries. Part of the ship has rotted away leaving gaping holes in the exterior, while the remaining part is rumoured to hide vast riches, and the whole thing exudes an aura of menace and foreboding. No tourist, vacationer, or even wild Pokemon dares to come near the wreckage as it regarded as a place of pure evil...

Will Hale, the young, energetic treasure hunter from Pacifidlog Town, slowly makes his way through the murky darkness and cramped confines of the haunted vessel known as the Black Swan while he ponders on the possibility of the existence of ghosts. With every step he takes, the floorboards squeak eerily and the boy suddenly gets a creepy sensation that he's being watched, an uninviting feeling which immediately sends chills down his spine. Will timidly navigates his way into the crew's quarters and feels the spooky atmosphere gnawing at him from all sides. He exchanges a hesitant look with his Pokemon who cower behind him and glance about the place nervously.

Through the open doorway, Will suddenly catches a glimpse of a solitary wisp of transparent purple flitting down the corridor, a sight which makes him bolt in astonishment. Wondering what the thing might be, Will quickly makes up his mind to follow it and do some investigating, but just as he's about to set out in pursuit, he's struck by the realization that he might not ever make it back to this part of the ship again, and decides to first have a quick look around the cabin with the help of his Pokemon to see what they might find...
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 20th June 2012 at 10:05 PM.

fb | trades | pc
    *team pose by Luxraymaster

::Wet'n'Wild Recreation Park::

Mon1010: Normally you would be more than eager to jump in at the mention of a Pokémon battle, but this time was different, and you make it pretty clear that you had no intention to duel against a drunken scumbag like Tony. Shaana however didn't quite share your feelings, as she herself went up to Tony, looking at him with determined eyes and muttering something which was probably not suitable for little children to hear, but thankfully they could not understand. How bold!

"Heh, it looks like your little doll has more guts than you." He laughed out loud. "I'll rip you to shreds." He then muttered between his teeth to the small Psychic-type, backing off a few steps before releasing his Pokémon, a Timburr forming in a flash of light, and you could tell by the look on its face that it wasn't quite happy to be out right now.

"Dude, just cut it off, man," pleaded Pete. "You're making a fool of yourself right now."

"No, you know what? Leave him be Pete." Alice responded. "Sometimes, you just gotta let an idiot be an idiot, you know?"

"Are you serious? My Pokémon ain't gonna lose to that pansy!" Tony snapped. "He'd better not lose." He glared threateningly to his own Pokémon, who just silently nodded. "Now, Pound that thing black and blue!" He commanded, not even waiting to see if you were up to it. There's no turning back now, is it? You do have quite an advantage type-wise, though it's probably unwise to fight in the middle of the restaurant.

What will you do?

Scott slapped his face hard with his free hand, while the other arm was still wrapped around Angela the Togepi. "You just haaad to say something didn't you Shaana?" Of course, that was the price he paid for having a Bold natured Munna. Tony had sent out his own Pokemon, a Timburr, in the middle of a crowded restaurant. While Scott wasn't exactly intimidated by it, this was not exactly the place for a Fighting type who could do serious damage to the property, and maybe cause people to run around screaming. That Timburr also did not appear to be happy to be out of it's ball, but the cause of it's unhappiness, was anyone's guess.

Pete tried to reason with him, but of course, he just wouldn't listen. Alice figured that herself, and just told him to let the idiot be an idiot.

Scott sighed. Despite everything, Tony insisted on having his Timburr pound on his Munna. He even had the nerve to call her a pnasy, (Or, was he refering to him?) Either way, he was offended, and he desperately wanted to teach this guy a lesson. However, he had had to neutralize this Pokemon before the battle did any actual damage. He doubted Tony would listen to him at this point, so he had to try something different. "Shaana, use Yawn on him," pointing at the Timburr. "Defend yourself with Psybeam if he hits you. If possible, try to keep him from wrecking the place too much."
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 21st June 2012 at 4:03 AM.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Charminions: Damn right you were gonna "testify", even if you figured these were unauthorized battle grounds; you were never one to back down from a challenge, after all.

"Charm and Apollo? Aight. Glad you aren't chickening out on us, man!" Devon answered as you introduced yourself, looking pleased by your decision. As you both get ready on opposite sides of the ring, you can see you're drawing quite a bit of attention as many other customers halted their routines entirely to watch the developing fight. Even your other classmates were paying closer attention, the duo making bets with one another whereas the lass simply observed in silence. None of that mattered though, for all you had to think of now was your opponent and your opponent only.

As you issue your orders, Apollo starts quickly shuffling from side to side, greatly relaxing and warming up his muscles while considerably increasing his Agility. Bubbah, on the other end, too Worked himself Up for battle, greatly boosting his confidence in the process as he entered some sort of battle frenzy. Rushing towards each other, both combatants meet at the center of the ring; Apollo using his now superior speed to land the first blow, jabbing straight into the Vigoroth's face with his Fire Punch. Bubbah groans as he is forced to stagger back a couple of steps, a pair of embers still sizzling on his face, but his mind was focused, and he immediately shrugs it off before unleashing a righteous Fury of Swipes; Apollo agilely weaving to and fro to minimize damage.

Finding an appropriate opening, Apollo kicks the hiperactive sloth straight in the gut before giving him twice the pain with another one into his chest; his Double Kick nailing Bubbah for super-effective damage and sending him straight into the ropes. Much to the Fire-type's surprise however, Bubbah bounces back, using the ropes to gather momentum before latching on to Apollo with a sudden lariat, nimbly transitioning the move into an elaborate throw as he spins the Combusken round and then overhead before slamming him hard against the matt with his Seismic Toss; the entire ring shaking upon impact as a result. With Apollo's back against the floor, you see Bubbah already preparing his next attack on the grounded Fire-type; Apollo's options apparently looking limited in this position.

What will you do?
    "Charm and Apollo? Aight. Glad you aren't chickening out on us, man!" Devon responds. Apollo and Charm merely gawk at the terrible pun, although it was probably unintended. Preparing for the upcoming battle on opposite sides of the ring, everyone around the room stops what they're doing to watch. Even the classmates, as Charm sees the muscle man and chubby man make bets while the girl merely stares in silence. None of that mattered to Charm though, for when he's in battle mode, he's in battle mode.

After Charm calls out his orders, Apollo initiates the first part of the commands. Weaving side to side as his speed steadily increases. Bubbah begins by continuing to pump himself up, the battle frenzy appears to be raising his attack powers as he does so. Now the action starts. Both Pokemon rush to the center of the ring where the faster Apollo gives a fiery right hook straight into Bubbah's face. Thrown back a bit, the flames still sizzle on his face as he shrugs off the pain to deliver menacing swipes of fury. Apollo sees this coming, however, and does his best to dodge the attacks as much as he can to reduce the damage output.

An opening to strike arises, and Apollo takes it to deliver a powerful kick right in the groan area. Charm smirks proudly of his Pokemon's skill as he continues observing Apollo deliver one more kick in the chest, pushing Bubbah right into the wrestling ropes. This soon turns out for the worse, however, as the Vigoroth uses the rope's elasticity to give him the momentum to soar back towards Apollo with a lariat around his neck before throwing him around his head and straight to the ground by Bubbah's Seismic Toss. The impact leaves quite an impression as the Vigoroth is already preparing his next attack.

There isn't time for Charm to reflect as his immediate battle instincts lead him to call out his next orders. "Apollo, quick. As he prepares his attack, use that time to pull a Reversal, making him end up on the ground with you standing proud! Then bring him some pain with a pair of Thunder Punches!"

xXKratosAurionXx: Now aware of the presence of such a brutal predator, you decide to follow your instincts and start recalling your training, slowly swimming away from the threat in a manner that wouldn't display neither fear nor disrespect towards it. You couldn't help feeling a tad anxious however, as adrenaline started flowing throughout your body. You try to control yourself, remembering the many drill courses undergone during your training, finally achieving some inner peace as you focused harder and harder. You could only hope the Sharpedo would take interest in easier prey than Brunhilde and yourself. Unfortunatey, that doesn't seem to be the case however as soon enough you're surprised to see the Sharpedo swim past right in front of you, and as you follow it with your eyes, you can see it going in circles around you both. Wether or not you had done something wrong to draw its attention now didn't seem to matter as you now had all of it. The shark didn't seem to look at you with bloodlust however, but rather it seemed to be intensely curious instead. Wether it would satisfy its curiosity by using its sharp teeth however, was something else entirely, and Brunhilde was already looking very anxious from the stress and anticipation brought forth by this whole situation.

As you debate yourself about what the next best course of action would be, you're suddenly caught off guard as the Sharpedo boldly closes in towards you; neither rushing in nor slowing down, but rather an intense and moderately paced invasion of your personal circle of safety. Whatever its intentions were, you only had but a pair of seconds to react accordingly.

What will you do?
    As our Trainer made his retreat from the deep sea's warmaster's territory, in the same was as he had practiced it during the days of his youth, itsuddenly stroke him... A true feeling of danger and terror invaded his mind, only to be soothed by the memory of the Captain's voice, who reminded him of his duty as a Runeseeker of Fendel, and of the dangers he would someday face while performing research. This seemingly becalmed the Trainer's mood, but his Spheal was certainly facing a different panorama, as she was frozen by fear and stress in the face of the Brutal Pokemon's wake.

However, as the Sharpedo made his way towards our Trainer, he swiftly decided he could be well seeking to satiate his curiosity, rather than his hunger, all evidenced by his demeanor which hinted curiosity, rather than hostility. As the mighty blue giant inched ever closer to him, he reacted and made the call that he hoped would win his bet with fate: He chose to stop and stand his ground, just as he let out an order for his Spheal in a resolute tone that he hoped she would understand despite the stress. His words echoed across the sea and into the Spheal, as he relay his message, hoping for her to heed his call, he said: "Hilde, settle down, for there is nothing to fear, so long as we do not offend him. Let us embrace his curiosity with open arms, just as he has allowed us to explore his domain without quelm or protest." Declared our Trainer as he gave his Spheal a pat on her head, hoping to calm her down. He was certain the Sharpedo wished merely to determine what had invaded his territory, trusting his instincts, his knowledge, and the Sharpedo's unwritten language in taking his decision. This was yet another test of his wits, and as he once learned in the Academy, once must respect the master of the domain one wishes to explore, and in this case, he had appeared before him. Our Trainer's mind and memory raced as he thought: "Well, that is what we were taught at the Academy. Let's hope he is simply curious, and he will perhaps go away once he as determined we are not a threat. This is not our fight, but even if we were forced to engage, I shall still stand firm, showing respect towards the master of the deep." Were the thoughts that echoed within our Trainer's mind, as he let his face become an emotionless countenance that reflected serenity and peace of mind, much like he had learnt to during his days in Zavhert's Winterlands. However, in the back of his mind, he still was scared, yet, his courage and cold judgment had shone through, allowing him to make the call he thought was right.
    Last edited by xXKratosAurionXx; 22nd June 2012 at 5:40 AM.
    [水]
    Former OSL Gym Leader

"Hear my call and arise before me..."

OOC: I apologize to Hayward, but I’ve currently reached my cap for the time being.

[color=deepskyblueCoolz8: You seem to be relatively unphased by the events going on. Rather than the strange group of Suicune worshippers at the base of the statue, you seem to be more intrigued by the crowd of onlookers.

You head toward the crowd, non-chalantly so as to not to be suspicious, but you still want to get a good look at the crowd. Your anxiety peaks as you near the crowd. Happy couples, athletic bicyclists, parents and their children. They all seem like they would be…normal. Nevertheless, you seem to get the sinking suspicion of impending doom.

In your search, you seem to have forgotten the group of Suicune worshippers. But they haven’t forgotten you. You turn, and the entire congregation seems to be staring at you.

An older woman, wearing a long pale blue robe rises from the ground and heads toward you, her arms embraced. She nears closer and smiles.

“Have you heard the word of Suicune, brother?” she asks.

What will you do?
    [/color]
    "honestly, I wouldn't say so." he replies. Then he also remembers another trainer deployed at the same location, so he asks, "Have you seen another pokemon trainer around which is somehow like me yet much more different, but the only similarity is how we went here?"

He continues looking around then continues, "Well, I have heard about some legends in which Suicune enchantingly comes to life, and it only does so when truly needed. What are you guys doing here, If I may ask?" A nervous smile encompasses him.

Though he doesn't stop looking around, both for danger and of the other trainer, possibly curious as to how the situation may progress once they join forces.

Another memory pops into mind, Of another familiar timeline.

He was in motion... Or at least, they were all in motion... His friend lay rested on his shoulder, though a few drops seemed to flow down, as if the ice on his face decided to let off a bit, and some sunlight heated wherever it had landed. So he decided to alleviate the situation by moving the curtains and adjusted the conditioning vent to easily cool him off. The rest of the trip continued with smiles, and another day passed, waiting for another day to reminisce about.

Thought all Frinth was familiar about was the one he lived it, and has not understood a simple inkling of two which has entered his mind.

Crater Lake:

Thrain:
    You arrive at the Lodge and have a lively conversation with the bubbly concierge, Cindy. While you discuss the events that you have planned for your stay, you lose track of Blaze who decides to venture out on his own to the dining hall searching for some grub.

“The next hike leaves in approximately fifteen minutes! Shall I sign you up?” asks Cindy.

While you decide, Blaze casually strolls past the other trainers and lodge visiters and makes his way down to the dining hall. He sees various trainers eating and conversing with others with large plates of food in front of them, causing his tummy to rumble.

One trainer, who is eating a large hamburger, suddenly gets up and walks over to an island to grab condiments. Blaze, thinking it’s finders-keeps, happily jumps up and begins to eat the hamburger. Naturally, when the trainer returns, he’s less than thrilled.

“HELP! WAITER! IT’S EATING MY FOOD!” he shouts. A small crowd forms, but Blaze ignores his surroundings and continues eating the burger. You hear the shouting from the lobby.

“Uh, oh. That wasn’t your Growlithe, was it?” Cindy asks. “You better hurry down there quick!”

You rush down to the dining hall and find Blaze. You call to him and he doesn’t answer. You rush over, but are pushed out of the way by a large Pokemon Ranger.

“Don’t worry, I’ll handle this,” the ranger says. He pulls out a Capture Styler and before you know it, Blaze is under his control.

What do you do?

Suicune Effigy:

Coolz8:
    “You seem lost, friend,” says the lady. “Do you constantly feel alone? Do you feel as if you’re going through life despondent, anxious, or afraid? Are you searching for something? Or for someone?”

Could she know? Is it that obvious?

Before you have a chance to answer, the lady in the flowing blue and white robes ushers you over to the larger group. They all stand and smile at you with cheerful, glassy, dead eyes. You pan the crowd searching for the other trainer, but you find nothing. Suddenly, the preacher of the group approaches you.

“Hello, brother,” he says to you. Brother? Who is this man? Why is he calling you ‘brother’?

“My name is Cozbi and I am the leader of The Church of Suicune. We seek to spread the word of truth and majesty given to us by our mighty protector Suicune. We wish to rid the world of the evils produced by human and Pokemon alike in Suicune’s holy name. Through faith in Suicune, we hope that one day we will be present in his everlasting light.”

This all seems a bit much. You seem to have stumbled upon a religious sect based on worshipping Suicune. The people appear to be happy, but something is missing. Suddenly, Cozbi throws his arm around you and begins walking toward a large fountain. Apparently used for some sort of ritual.

“Come, brother. Let us welcome you into the Church of Suicune!”

What will you do?

OkikuMew: You go off on a chase, trailing behind your Poochyena who, in turn, is chasing the jerky-stealing Dodrio. Though Dodrio is fast, but somehow, Max is able to relatively keep up. One Dodrio head acts as the driver while the other two Dodrio heads continually look back and squawk at Max to try and scare him away. It doesn’t work, however, and Max launches himself into the air slamming into the Triple Bird Pokemon with a big Tackle.

The momentum knocks Dodrio off it’s feet and sends the bird rolling and squawking and screeching into a large section of brush. Max continues barking and growling at the Dodrio, ready to lunge at one of it’s numerous throats whenever the moment arises. The Dodrio scrambles to it’s feet, but is unable to continue it’s escape due to the brush.

Max has it cornered. And what do animals do when they are backed into a corner? They fight.

You finally catch up, panting and gasping for your breath. You see the much taller Dodrio looming over Max who has the bird trapped. Suddenly, the Dodrio’s three heads each individually lunge and snap at Max with an Attack full of Fury. Both Max and the Dodrio take a bit of damage, but the fight seems like it’s just about to begin.

What will you do?

Energos Quarry:

allishinca:
    In a quick flash, the girl and Pluto’s gem have vanished, leaving the two of you alone to face whomever’s home you’re disturbing.

BOOOOOM. CRAAAAAACK.

You try to find an escape route, but it seems everywhere you turn you’re met with a ground-rattling explosion. Bright flashes illuminate the dark cave as stone debris showers from all different directions. Things are beginning to look bleak.

You huddle to the ground with your Sableye in fear. Pluto, though small in stature, was willing to put up a fight against this unseen foe. More debris crumbles down around you and begin to consider saying your last goodbyes to Pluto.

But suddenly, the explosions stop. You look around, waiting for the other shoe to drop, waiting for the impending doom that you were certain of. But nothing.

You stand up, Pluto in tow, and look around. Noticing several clouds of smoke emanating from various points within the cave. Upon further investigation, you notice several red and white spheres that look like they’ve been pretty well charred. They almost resemble Pokeballs. Suddenly, you hear the buzz of an electrical charge behind you. You turn and see one of those spheres, only it’s not charred. It has eyes and it’s glaring very angrily at you. It’s a Voltorb! And it’s about to fire a Ball of Electricity at you and Pluto!

What will you do?

The Lighthouse

extroph:
    Getting caught up in the heat of the battle, you neglect to consider the Qwilfish’s ability and now have a very sick Spearow on your hands. Thinking quickly, you switch out to your Electrike.

“HEY! WHAT’S THE BIG IDEA!?” yells the sailor, apparently upset about your switch. On cue, the other two sailors grab you and take your remaining Pokeballs away from you!

“Don’t worry, lad” laughs Captain Correia, who has taken an interest in the match. “I’ll see to it that you get your Pokemon back after the fight. But this be one-on-one battlin’!”

Well, looks like your stuck with Electrike. He has the type advantage and is very eager to go to bat for you, but you have to be wary about it’s Poison Point. On your command, the Electrike fires a Wave of Thunder at the Qwilfish, which winces in pain at the electric shock.

“That ain’t nothing, Qwilfish!” yells the sailor. “Use Aqua Tail and then Tackle!

The balloon Pokemon turns it’s tail toward Electrike and slams it down hard on the ground, sending a large wave of water crashing over Electrike. While it does some damage, Electrike is largely unaffected and shakes off the water like dogs do. When the Qwilfish goes to use Tackle, however, it can’t move. Paralyzed.

“Aye, lad! There you go!” says Correia as he cheers you on. You examine the Qwilfish planning your next attack and you notice that the spikes on the right side of it’s body are no longer secreting poison due to the paralysis! Electrike has sustained a little damage and, while it is paralyzed, the Qwilfish remains undamaged. You have an opportunity here.

What will you do?

Welcome aboard Myahoo, here's hoping you enjoy what crazy escapades I have in store.

The Hydro-Electric Dam

Myahoo: There wasn’t a stormy cloud in the patchy sky as you headed toward the Hydro-Electric Dam with baited breath – Whale Island’s main power source and a haven for energetic electric types. Wildfire doesn’t seem to share your enthusiasm though digging his claws into your shoulder anxiously with the sound of pumping water rattling the echidna in all the wrong ways. Petting him reassuringly and following the thunderous humming you break through a forest clearing at the foot of the dam. The view was spectacular: Pristine and whitewashed, the concrete structure arced its way across the widest reservoir you’d ever seen. You could imagine wheels and cogs spinning cohesively within the dam, noisy turbines pumping water down from the great reservoir generating tonnes of electricity. About a dozen or so cylinders dotted evenly across the dam were surging powerful white jets into the fast flowing river you were standing beside which seemed to snake far over the horizon. Just a mile westward you spotted a herd of Blitzle and Zebstrika sampling the water. It’s not long before you realise you’re not the only trainer visiting the dam, a blond haired man with sparkling blue eyes and a matching jacket sat just a stretch away, unaware of your presence. There was something familiar-looking about him, you can’t help wondering if you’d seen him on TV before. He was stroking a black lion Pokémon idly as he stared across the fast-flowing river with bored sigh, almost as though he was waiting for something exciting to happen. What will you do?
    And here's to an interesting adventure.

It really was an impressive structure. From where the pair stood, Melissa could see almost the entire length of the dam and the sheer size of the building was awe-inspiring. Though she’d never given much thought to how a dam worked, the teen thought she could almost see the water spin the turbines on its way through the dam.

She turned to see how far the river went, but it just seemed to stretch on all the way to the horizon; she figured it lead all the way to the ocean, as her attention was caught by the herd of Blitzle and Zebstika at the river’s edge. Nodding her head towards the herd, she said to Wildfire, “Wouldn’t it be cool if we could go up to them?” The Cyndaquil peered over in the direction she indicated and tilted his head in consideration, before he shrugged.

“Qu-il, quilquil,” he replied.

“I’d be careful,” she told him, but she didn’t move towards the herd. As her eyes drifted over their surroundings again, she made a double-take when she realized there was someone else standing nearby.

After her initial embarrassment coupled with the surprise, she noticed that he wasn’t really paying attention to much around him either. In fact, he still seemed lost in thought. She debated whether she should bother him, but her curiosity won out. Besides, she was sure she’d seen him somewhere before, and she could have sworn that it was a Luxray that he was petting.

“Um, excuse me,” she started tentatively with Wildfire looking curiously over her shoulder, “you look somewhat familiar. Have you been on T.V. before?”

MarbleZone: Confidence starts building up on you as you're faced with only a single Grimer, and your thoughts first turn to your Gible, Gaius, in order to deal with the Poison-type as quickly as possible. Figuring that perhaps the Grimer might be trained by man however, and thus, stronger than it might look, you instead decide to call out Min, the Minccino looking eager and ready for a fight, which made a sharp contrast with what one would expect by her deceptively cute looks. Though she had no distinctive advantage over her opponent, you could trust her to deal with this pest effectively whereas Gaius in turn was a secret weapon best let in reserve until the time was right.

Issueing your command, Min starts Growling threatheningly to the Grimer, sounding surprisingly intimidating like a rabid chihuahua dog would. The Grimer seems to slowly back off a little bit in response, but you could tell by its defensive posture that it would definitely fight back if you pressured it any further. Andrew in turn, merely held his breath, waiting to see what was about to happen next.

What will you do?
    ((Could I have at least a brief description of the area, so I can know where I'm fighting? Thanks ))

Grimer's reluctant. It didn't lunge into an attack yet, which means the fear is definitely there... We can use that.

Levin thought back to Min's fight with Wicca, his Seedot, back in Cloud Garden not too long ago. That time, he had been forced to hold back on more powerfuls attacks by the end of the battle, as Minccino's energy depleted quickly from the start.

I better be more careful in the opening rounds this time; besides, Grimer aren't overly intelligent on their own and there's nobody issuing commands to this one, so we can afford to start off slower I think. Min will appreciate the light pace for now, and we can save our stronger moves for later.

Not that they had a whole lot of moves at their disposal; truth be told, Min was still at a relatively low level, and none of her attacks would be particularly effective against the living slime. Fortunately, the same applied to their opponent.

- Okay Min, let's get it on! It's guard is up, so let's rely on our speed! Run circles around Grimer and launch into a Pound when you're facing its back, then jump back away from it. Let's keep our distance for now!

Pound was a weak move to start off with, but in this scouting phase it was a good option. They got to deal damage for minimal energy and test the waters at the same time... And even if all this failed, Min still had the undeniable speed advantage, and Levin was willing to bet it would be the deciding factor.

I think too much when my ego's in check... But hopefully it's for the better.

Thinking carefully about every possible course of action and outcome wasn't as fun as mindlessly diving into battle and attacking head-on, as he often preferred. But this wasn't a casual face-off with a friend, this was the real deal.
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 18th October 2012 at 8:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water Pokémon with even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.

Northern Beaches
    Unless you're travelling along the Hydra River, the northern beaches tend to attract the wealthier crowd due to the fact the small beaches lining its shore have been purchased privately by those who have subsequently built properties by the water. Some of the rarer water and electric type Pokémon can be found along here, but if a wealthy beach owner finds you trespassing on their land there may be some unpleasant consequences.

Areas:
    Ancient Ruins: Several hundred feet from shore, and a few hundred feet deep, lay the remains of an ancient city. Dubbed "Atlantis" for obvious reasons, many of its structures are in remarkably good condition. You'll need a Pokémon with Dive if you're wanting to explore here, but be warned; many of the tunnels have not yet been mapped so take care to ensure you don't become lost.
    Stacey stood on the beach letting the sun wash over her skin, the weather was so nice here! Where she had planned to go she wouldn’t be able to enjoy the sunshine so she was taking as much of it in as possible before she set off. She opened her eyes and tilted her head back down to face the vast ocean spanning before her. She walked closer to the tide and let her feet melt into the wet sand as the water washed over them. Whilst she walked she searched through her water-proofed backpack making sure she had everything she needed. She had a slight panic when she couldn’t find her breathing apparatus but sighed as she felt it wedged right at the bottom. Enjoyment over she stopped and walked back onto drier land and checked to see who was around her before she began to strip. She removed her sundress and hat and placed them in her backpack leaving her in a small black and gold bikini. She pulled out a tight looking wetsuit and began to wriggle into it wondering if for one moment she wouldn’t fit. Appropriately dressed she made sure she had the breathing gear and goggles out and that her backpack was tightly sealed before walking into the water. Her wetsuit came conveniently with a magnetised belt for her Pokeballs and she removed a blue and white Dive Ball and threw it into the water releasing the Pokemon inside. A large Jellyfish emerged in the water and growled taking in his surroundings. He saw his trainer on the beach and from the way she was dressed he knew they were going for a swim.

Stacey swam towards him before she reached him and caressed a hand down his blue head making him hiss a welcome back.

“There are a set of ruins several hundred feet offshore, we need to Dive to get to them but it could be full of danger and I need a Pokemon with me that can handle himself. I know that you’ll strangle anything that comes our way so shall we head out?”

Oblivion raised his tentacles looking large and scary and almost roared in agreement. He had not been out for a long while and he was looking forward to a good swim, especially if he could drag a few unsuspecting creatures to their death whilst he was at it. His eyes held his malicious thoughts as Stacey held on tight to him feeling one of his tentacles wrap a little too tightly around her middle. She coughed and he loosened up with a twinkle in his eye, had he meant to do that? The little .. large bugger! He began to Surf off in the direction she indicated.

After a long swim where Stacey caught Oblivion up to speed with everything that had been going on with her and the rest of his team-mates they reached what she thought was the right spot. She placed her goggles over her eyes grimacing as they bit into her skin uncomfortably and placed the breathing gear in her mouth glaring at Oblivion as she cast her an amused look. He gave her no time to retort as she suddenly Dived under the surface dragging her with him as he still held onto her with his tentacle. He was having fun already as Stacey grabbed onto his head digging her nails into the flesh as she wished he hadn’t been hanging around certain members of her team. She hoped he would behave soon, she wasn’t sure what they would encounter in the ruins ... that was if they found them!

~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

Crater Lake:

Thrain:
    You arrive at the Lodge and have a lively conversation with the bubbly concierge, Cindy. While you discuss the events that you have planned for your stay, you lose track of Blaze who decides to venture out on his own to the dining hall searching for some grub.

“The next hike leaves in approximately fifteen minutes! Shall I sign you up?” asks Cindy.

While you decide, Blaze casually strolls past the other trainers and lodge visiters and makes his way down to the dining hall. He sees various trainers eating and conversing with others with large plates of food in front of them, causing his tummy to rumble.

One trainer, who is eating a large hamburger, suddenly gets up and walks over to an island to grab condiments. Blaze, thinking it’s finders-keeps, happily jumps up and begins to eat the hamburger. Naturally, when the trainer returns, he’s less than thrilled.

“HELP! WAITER! IT’S EATING MY FOOD!” he shouts. A small crowd forms, but Blaze ignores his surroundings and continues eating the burger. You hear the shouting from the lobby.

“Uh, oh. That wasn’t your Growlithe, was it?” Cindy asks. “You better hurry down there quick!”

You rush down to the dining hall and find Blaze. You call to him and he doesn’t answer. You rush over, but are pushed out of the way by a large Pokemon Ranger.

“Don’t worry, I’ll handle this,” the ranger says. He pulls out a Capture Styler and before you know it, Blaze is under his control.

What do you do?

"What time is the next hike?" Eric asked, turning to face the concierge.

"The next hike leaves in approximately fifteen minutes! Shall I sign you up?" she asked.

"Yes, please. Now, I think I'll go down to the dining hall and get a bite to eat before we leave. But first I have to find my Growlithe. You didn't happen to see one, did you?"

"Oh. That wasn't your Growlithe, was it?" Cindy asked, relaying to Eric that she had seen one wander in the direction of the dining hall. She said she had thought nothing of it at the time. Just then, a muffled yell rose up from the floor shouting something about food. "You better get down there quick!"

Eric turned and dashed off down the hallway, dodging around Pokémon and trainers alike.

~~~

Entering into the dining room, Blaze was assaulted by a variety of aromas both familiar and foreign. Pizzas, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, and the like all wafted their commonplace scents, along with delicacies that emitted unfamiliar smells. Glancing around, Blaze saw that Pokémon sat clustered around their trainers, eating just as any regular human would. A rumbling sound from within his stomach pierced Blaze's thoughts, reminding him once again that he was starving.

Stepping further among the tables and chairs, Blaze noticed a lone trainer stand and leave his table--with his food still on it--to visit the condiment's station. Aha! My chance at some grub! Darting up onto the table, Blaze began to wolf down the trainer's food, relishing the flavor and the fact that everything was seasoned just right. Minutes passed...

"HELP! WAITER! IT'S EATING MY FOOD!" The trainer had returned. Blaze, however, continued eating.

~~~

Eric rushed in to find his Growlithe eating another trainer’s food ravenously, surrounded by a group of people who had apparently decided to watch the event unfold. "Blaze, stop!" he called, but to no avail. Blaze was just too distracted. Arching his body, Eric tried to weave through the crowd, but was only pushed back in the process by a big, burly man brandishing a Capture Styler. It’s a Pokémon Ranger, Eric thought.

Whipping the styler around expertly, the ranger soon had Blaze under control. Rushing forward, Eric thanked the man profusely for calming him down; pulling out a Poké Ball, Eric returned Blaze to it. "I'm so sorry for all of the trouble he caused," Eric said, turning towards the unfortunate trainer. "I can assure you that I will talk to him about this. How can I ever repay you? Would you like me to pay for the meal, or..."

Eric waited for the trainer's response, vaguely realizing that the hike would be leaving soon...
    Last edited by Thrain; 24th June 2012 at 12:41 AM.

allishinca: In a quick flash, the girl and Pluto’s gem have vanished, leaving the two of you alone to face whomever’s home you’re disturbing.

BOOOOOM. CRAAAAAACK.

You try to find an escape route, but it seems everywhere you turn you’re met with a ground-rattling explosion. Bright flashes illuminate the dark cave as stone debris showers from all different directions. Things are beginning to look bleak.

You huddle to the ground with your Sableye in fear. Pluto, though small in stature, was willing to put up a fight against this unseen foe. More debris crumbles down around you and begin to consider saying your last goodbyes to Pluto.

But suddenly, the explosions stop. You look around, waiting for the other shoe to drop, waiting for the impending doom that you were certain of. But nothing.

You stand up, Pluto in tow, and look around. Noticing several clouds of smoke emanating from various points within the cave. Upon further investigation, you notice several red and white spheres that look like they’ve been pretty well charred. They almost resemble Pokeballs. Suddenly, you hear the buzz of an electrical charge behind you. You turn and see one of those spheres, only it’s not charred. It has eyes and it’s glaring very angrily at you. It’s a Voltorb! And it’s about to fire a Ball of Electricity at you and Pluto!

What will you do?
    Alli clung desperately to a stalagmite with Pluto standing bravely nearby. It was loud and the ground quaked forcibly as larges chunks from the ceiling crashed into the floor nearby. Bright flashes illuminated the cave at sporadic intervals. Alli gazed and Pluto and their eyes met in a moment of intense fear. Would this adventure be their last? Pluto crawled over to Alli and the two huddled together in their last moments. Alli tightly closed her eyes.

And then, there was nothing. Alli thought for a moment that she might be dead, and remained still with her eyes tightly shut. Pluto growled at some unknown menace. Alli slowly opened her eyes and was glad to see that they were not dead! Alli slowly arose on her shaky legs. Puffs of smoke pushed up from the lower regions of the cavern, leaving the two travelers standing in a smoggy cave with blue stoned walls. Alli noticed several spherical shapes that had been blackened with char lying as though dazed among the mist. Underneath the black soot, Alli could see a hint of red and white coloring. Pluto was gazing restlessly at them.

"What are those? Were they there before? They almost look like Pokeballs..." Alli squinted at them, only to jump suddenly when a whirl of electricity echoed from behind her. Pluto hopped down and took a defensive position as Alli turned to face their new foe. It was a strange, red and white ball with mean looking eyes.

"What's that?" Alli pulled out her Pokedex:

Voltorb. The Ball Pokemon. Electric Type.

"Oh! An electric type Pokemon! Boy, am I glad you're not a giant earth worm!" Alli leaned forward. "It's pretty neat, isn't it Pluto?" Pluto remained on guard. The Voltorb buzzed furiously and begin to light up. It was going to attack!

"Ahh! Pluto! Use..." Alli flipped through her Pokedex in order to look up Pluto's attacks. "...Foresight? What does that attack even do?!” Pluto's eyes flashed as he quickly unleashed a Foresight attack. "Dodge that Electro Ball and use Leer to lower his defenses. Then move in quickly and scratch him!"

The Voltorb shot a flashing Electro Ball at Pluto and Alli!
    Alli dived out of the way and Pluto prepared to dodge and go on the offense.

Last edited by allishinca; 11th July 2012 at 8:49 PM.

Suicune Effigy:

OkikuMew: You go off on a chase, trailing behind your Poochyena who, in turn, is chasing the jerky-stealing Dodrio. Though Dodrio is fast, but somehow, Max is able to relatively keep up. One Dodrio head acts as the driver while the other two Dodrio heads continually look back and squawk at Max to try and scare him away. It doesn’t work, however, and Max launches himself into the air slamming into the Triple Bird Pokemon with a big Tackle.

The momentum knocks Dodrio off it’s feet and sends the bird rolling and squawking and screeching into a large section of brush. Max continues barking and growling at the Dodrio, ready to lunge at one of it’s numerous throats whenever the moment arises. The Dodrio scrambles to it’s feet, but is unable to continue it’s escape due to the brush.

Max has it cornered. And what do animals do when they are backed into a corner? They fight.

You finally catch up, panting and gasping for your breath. You see the much taller Dodrio looming over Max who has the bird trapped. Suddenly, the Dodrio’s three heads each individually lunge and snap at Max with an Attack full of Fury. Both Max and the Dodrio take a bit of damage, but the fight seems like it’s just about to begin.

What will you do?
    Ugh, I can't tell if it's a good thing or not that they finally stopped running to fight... My body was not ready to make a sprint run.

As I finally catch my breath, I see that a battle between the two was unfortunately inevitable, if not nessesary. Knowing how the wild Pokémon is an evolved one, meaning it got quite some fighting experience, while my Poochyena had, at best, "defeated" quite a number of chew toys, we are at a disadvantage...

But Max is sure not willing to give up. And, as much as I wanted to start our training slowly and surely, me either. Besides, wasn't this what we wanted, a battle to hone our skills? I quickly think of a strategy, even with the low amount of moves Max currently knows, and...

"Alright, let's do this together Max! Concentrate on dodging its attacks, and Howl between them! And when you feel yourself pumped enough, keep dodging and Tackle it down whenever you can!"

My dog Pokémon loudly barks in agreement, ready to rumble.

Suicune Effigy:

Coolz8:
    “You seem lost, friend,” says the lady. “Do you constantly feel alone? Do you feel as if you’re going through life despondent, anxious, or afraid? Are you searching for something? Or for someone?”

Could she know? Is it that obvious?

Before you have a chance to answer, the lady in the flowing blue and white robes ushers you over to the larger group. They all stand and smile at you with cheerful, glassy, dead eyes. You pan the crowd searching for the other trainer, but you find nothing. Suddenly, the preacher of the group approaches you.

“Hello, brother,” he says to you. Brother? Who is this man? Why is he calling you ‘brother’?

“My name is Cozbi and I am the leader of The Church of Suicune. We seek to spread the word of truth and majesty given to us by our mighty protector Suicune. We wish to rid the world of the evils produced by human and Pokemon alike in Suicune’s holy name. Through faith in Suicune, we hope that one day we will be present in his everlasting light.”

This all seems a bit much. You seem to have stumbled upon a religious sect based on worshipping Suicune. The people appear to be happy, but something is missing. Suddenly, Cozbi throws his arm around you and begins walking toward a large fountain. Apparently used for some sort of ritual.

“Come, brother. Let us welcome you into the Church of Suicune!”

What will you do?
    "Um... Huh?" A confused gaze which accompanied the tilt of his head distincted a signature expression by a person of his stature.

Another odd reaction followed. "Wait, What?" the words he thought he was familiar with no longer exacted its presence.

The way he moved had changed entirely. He does not exactly consider any of them as improvements, yet somehow they held some significance, those replacing aspects which were taken away, not any notice to follow its trail.

"The Church of Suicune? No Offense, but I don't think I'm too interested in joining you guys. I already have my own stuff." He stares at the fountain, tracking each drop aligned in a stream, inducing a certain blind thirst, so he brought out a frozen pack of water, in which only a few liquid drops existed, yet their cold run was refreshing.

"Hmm... Mind explaining what you guys are doing here, exactly?" Another tilt of his stature followed.

What will the Suicune group do?
    Last edited by Coolz8; 26th June 2012 at 1:37 PM.

Default Whale Island - 12

Raine’s Wildlife Park

Pengyzu: Praying Keiko hasn’t been made a meal out of by the hungry predators that lurked in the Sharpedo Tanks, you nervously set course for the Polar Exhibit. You prod Kara on the head with him Pokéball for a midday siesta – substituting him with Allon who orbits around you leaving a few sparkles in his wake. With no time to waste you amble toward the snowy enclosure, unable to shake the feelings of worry and guilt as you catch word of youngsters talking about the debut of Shamu’s son at today’s show. You finally stop at a large warehouse with the words ‘Polar Exhibit’ scrawled above, with detailed illustrations of Beartic and Delibird on either side. There were a lot of kids shivering as they left the warehouse, the reason quickly becoming apparent as you break through the threshold which felt like walking into a refrigerator. The chill was more than worth it though as you look around in awe, the sound of barking Seel and cheering children enough to ease your troubled mind. Whilst you scan the crowd for any huge beach balls Allon hovers above, monitoring analytically like a security camera.

Spotting nothing in the crowd, you stroll toward the gates of the enclosure, nothing but icy cold water ahead and a huge cluster of ice bergs. If you needed cheering up this would just about cut it – rookeries of baby Piplup were waddling cutely around in the snow. There feathers were incredibly fluffy and downy suggesting most of them were still chicks. Almost forgetting why you were here, you read a small caption on the gate you were stood at: “Piplup (order Sphenisciformes, family Spheniscidae) are a group of aquatic, flightless bird Pokémon living almost exclusively in the Glacier Islands, especially in the Southern Ocean. A skilled swimmer, it dives for over 10 minutes to hunt” beaming with excitement, you read what is scrawled below the caption in red letters “These specimen are still in their incubation period and are NOT to be captured”. Almost forgetting your rescue mission, you watch the waddle of baby penguins eagerly, a few of them now throwing snowballs at each other. Any enthusiasm slides away again though as a fluffy white Piplup slips off the edge of the ice berg! The baby tweets desperately as it attempts to flap its tiny wings, it looked like it’d sink if you didn’t get involved. What will you do?

Son of Shadows: All the colour washes away from your face as you make out the Team Aqua insignia scrawled across the glass tunnel. Their vandalism was becoming far more reckless and quickly escalating into terrorism - a small radio device flickering steadily sending the nearby fauna wild. It’s difficult to think with Billy wailing at the top of his voice, but you manage to hatch a plan to short out the device which you shrewdly link to the gam of Sharpedo’s ballistic behaviour. Wrestling to your Pokéballs past the metal barrier, you manage to finger one of them and hurl it off the coaster. With a crack the sphere cracks open, a muddy flatfish bounding into the air and flopping onto the side platform. Not long ago the Stunfisk had been your sworn enemy, but under your ranks he’d immediately tamed, chirping as you volley instructions. The low thud of Sharpedo hitting the windscreen was getting steadily louder, a few of the sharks using Take Down to form large cracks in the fortified glass. Livewire springs into action as Static electricity crackles up his body, some flying off toward the radio. The sparks pulse through the device for a few seconds... Suddenly! The radio starts beeping erratically, its frequency now audible as a sharp noise starts ringing in your ears.

You instinctively clap them, oblivious to the fact the Sharpedo were now going bezerk. One of the sharks bullets forward like a torpedo, its Skull capped with white energy as it Bashes into the tunnel. With a thunderous chink pressurised water starts pumping into the tunnel, the kid in the Pikachu costume screaming at the top of his lungs as one of the Sharpedo lands in a shallow pool of water which was steadily rising toward your feet. The shark snarls as it circles the coaster, snapping its jaws feverishly. The first thing it spots in its beady black eyes is Livewire, a Pokémon it’d love to prey on in the wild... If ever there was a silver lining it was that the radio was smoking with its circuits fried, courtesy of the sprays of water coming from the fissure in the wall. The Sharpedo looks less agitated now, but its killer instincts are enough to spur it into a hunt, and with the level of water rising it looked like you had more than one problem on your hands. What will you do?

Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: With your rods and tackle cast aside you were both focused on the slippery deck with both catches struggling against any capture attempts. The two Pokémon had taken your bait hook, line and sinker but being so high levelled they were proving too much to handle. On Andy’s side, Tsar’s field advantage wouldn’t hold up against the fully evolved Gorebyss, and it’d take a lot more than attacking to manoeuvre the swift snipe eel into the empty pail - Andy being one of the only trainers not to have caught anything. Hyrem’s catch however was as hostile as Andy’s was slippery. The basculin gnarled, its bloodshot eyes fixated on the fisherman’s foot that was that was running red. He’d sooner go in for another nip than make a break for the open water, making for an unconventional twist in the fishing games. Both trainers brows furrowed in determination as they volleyed another set of orders in unison, their fishing partners quick into action.

Andy lobs a Rare Candy toward the ancient mirror who intercepts, absorbing the confectionary into his shiny hide. The Bronzor looks vaguely stronger as the bright sun glitters on his varnished face, orbiting around the Gorebyss who was looking more sluggish by the second. The snipe eel seemed to have devised one last ditch attempt to return to its watery home, spewing off another Water Gun and swishing its tail to propel itself off the starboard side of the boat. The mirror rolls skyward again, water dripping off his back as it hovers methodically back into place with a slight falter in its flight path. Tsar then shoots another ray of Confusion toward the bottom railing of the boat, catching the Gorebyss in the face and spurring it back into the centre. Dumbstruck by the attack the fish flops helplessly against the planked deck, no longer giving any fight. The ancient mirror compasses inches from Gorebyss with its eyes suddenly flickering like a pair of blue flashlights. The confused snipe eel catches sight of Hypnosis and suddenly tuckers into a midday siesta – giving Andy the perfect opportunity to sling it into his bucket.

Meanwhile Hyrem was clenching his fists, digging his nails into his palms to distract him from the hot pain at the ebbs of his toes. It had been a close call, by the looks of the fish’s toothy grimace one more attack like that could leave you with one less limb. Your Pokémon’s fraternal instincts kick in, Sera giving all sorts of wild emotions off whilst Daphne barked passionately. With fury coursing through her stem the acorn suddenly flickers a blinding white. Her silhouette sprouts a pair of arms as her stubby feet stretch giving her at least another head of height. Finally a sharp nose extends from her face as she shakes off the light - reveal an intimidating new form. The heat of the moment had triggered her evolution, and as Basculin went in for another Crunch the Nuzleaf sprang into action. With a few flicks of her head-leaf a flurry of Razor Leaf rip down the cruiser, slashing against the predator like a storm of shuriken. The bass reels in pain, flopping on its side before pushing back to his front with his pectoral fin. Eyes set on a new target, the fish flaps open its jaw before releasing a piercing Uproar. Daphne winces as she attempts to cover her ears before retaliating with a return-fire of Bullet Seeds. The attack sprays against Basculin again for another solid hit, the foe stubbornly clinging on by the skin of its teeth. It doesn’t take much now to finish it off though, Daphne somersaulting over her foe shooting off a kernel in mid-air. The Seed hits the red-striped bass on the dorsal fin, suddenly snaring it in netting and Leeching away any fight he had left in him. With a glint of success in your eyes you limp over to the fish, now faced with the difficult decision of which of your catches to keep. Basculin was much stronger and sure to fare better in the contest, but you couldn’t deny that Chinchou was a cool Pokémon.

30 Minutes Remaining. Since you’ve both met the minimum requirement of catching a fish each, I’ll give you the opportunity from this point onwards to skip to the judging part of the fishing contest. However you’ll have to decide this together. Hyrem, since you’ve caught two fish you will have to decide which one to keep and which one to release. After the contest is over you’re free to keep either Basculin or Chinchou (or another fish if you continue playing). Andy, since you caught an evolved Pokémon you won’t be able to keep it after the contest is over.

The Caverns

Celebii: With your boat caught in a current and swirling waywardly into the mysterious beyond, you quickly turn to survival instincts to avoid any sharp stalagmites. One of the sharp rocks pierced through the water like a deadly cutlass, the water spraying white as it collided with it. The wooden mine cart was showing no signs of manoeuvring from the rock, spurring you into action. Neptune is first off the bat as he scrambles out of the cart and clips his claws onto its two back wheels. Facing rearward the turtle then fires off a Water Gun, the pressurised blast propelling you ahead like a speedboat. Controlling his fire allows him to manoeuvre the cart westerly, although with the water getting more treacherous the cart starts to rock dangerously and would no doubt capsize any moment. This is when Boing lends his Psychic abilities, grabbing ahold of the cart and steadying it whenever you hit a rough patch of surf. With Wartortle now engineing the minecart you find yourself sailing at a much faster pace, and before you can see where you were headed it was too late...

CRASH

Suddenly the boat splinters against a sharp rock barely sticking out from under the water. The impact knocks you out in a matter of seconds, your vision fading as water starts filling your lungs... An unknown amount of time passes as you start to come to. You splutter up a mouthful of salty water with a rhythmic bounce resonating in your ears. As you weakly open your eyes the first thing you see is Spoink springing on your chest as though initiating CPR. Neptune was looming over your head in concern, his eyes glistening as you regained sat up weakly. Looking around, you find you’re still in the dark cavern, but on a beach somewhere inside. Foamy water washed against the shoaly sand, no doubt from the sea you’d almost drowned in. Dripping wet you weakly limp to your feet, what lay ahead was enough to wipe away the memories of your near-death experience: It was a huge wooden door crafted into the cave wall. A golden knocker which resembled a Duskull was framed in its centre. The second you laid eyes on it however its single eye suddenly lit up a lustrous scarlet. As if it’d just come to life, the knocker’s jaw drops as it starts to speak:

Like a Gastly in the wind
    He comes from the sea,
    And trembles the foe
    Like a storm on the lee.

With swashbuckling swagger
    And a Jolly Roger laugh,
    He flies the black flag
    On a Wailord bone staff.

He has a black-patched eye
    And a ring in his ear,
    And on his wind-burned face,
    A crusty-grizzled beard.

With a bone-cold glare
    And a sneer on his lip,
    He has a Octillery by his side
    And a cutlass in his grip.

With a thunderous blast
    From his Octillery's might,
    He shivers the strong
    And cripples their fight.

He takes what he's lost
    And turns it to gold,
    For He's crafty and shrewd
    And He's fearless and bold.

He's dashing and daring,
    A fierce buccaneer,
    For the sight of his plunder
    Pales many with fear.

From Laguna Peninsula
    in Pirate’s Cove,
    lies the Spirit of the Pirate
    And his Treasure Trove!

Dare ye proceed?

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: With your eyes glazed over in a lovesick daze you find your feet uncontrollably pacing away from the campsite and toward the wet bank. You maintain eye contact with the stunning lass as she draws you in with a Hypnotic stare, unfazed as your drenched clothes get weighty and uncomfortable. “Wow”, she whispers to herself, “that was easier than I thought”. You imagined she must have talked to herself quite a lot to not realise you were in earshot. Before any second thoughts can enter your mind she lunges toward you seductively, giggling as she entwines her fingers into yours. She bites her bottom lip, her gaze enough to send any man wild, before suddenly plunging underwater and pulling you with her! Gasping as bubbles of air stream from your nostrils, you find your suspicions quickly confirmed as she quickly dives down to the base of the lagoon with gentle swishes of a long sparkling blue and red tail with striations of black which didn’t look unlike a mosaic pattern - her tailfin glistening like a fan as it propelled you further into the depths. The icy water seemed to snap you out of your stupor and it quickly sinks in you were being taken captive by a siren. You attempt to struggle free but the mermaid’s aquatic prowess proves too much as you sink further down the deep lagoon until the glistening moon looks like nothing more than a dim fog light. With a desperate gasp a final draught of bubbles escape from your throat, water filling your lungs as you slip out of consciousness...

“Wake up sleepyhead!”

You’re suddenly jolted out of your coma, the shrill voice resonating barely inches from your face. For a split-second you felt as though you’d dreamt up the whole kidnapping. This hope quickly dies out as your eyes creep open, the stinging feeling from seeing underwater subsiding. You were in what looked like an underwater ruin over thousands of years old. Sharp stalagmites puncture though the cracked floor tiles and thickets of seaweed were strewn up the ancient pillars. The prison was lit by dazzling sapphires encrusted on the cave-walls, the gemstones giving off a strobe lighting that made the whole cavern a shade of blue. Your eyes focus back on the deceivingly beautiful girl who had dragged you down here against your will, staring at you with an enormous smile. There was a lot to take in at once, but you quickly realise that oxygen isn’t one of these things - you weren’t breathing. Instead a pair of slits on either side of your neck were flaring rhythmically. Gills weren’t the only thing you’d acquired in your coma either, a scaly blue tail flowed from your waist where your legs should be! With a beige underside the tail had several joints leading down to a whitewash caudal fin. Twisting your neck in horror you notice the rear of your magnificent tail brandished white dorsal fins which jutted out like sharp blades.

“I knew we were meant to be together when I first laid eyes on you”, she interrupts, her scarlet eyes sparkling like a lovesick puppy, “But I needed to be sure. I sent up my dear Mandragora to make sure you weren’t just a pretty face. I’m sure gunna miss her... But now that we’re together I guess I don’t need any pet monsters!” the siren breaks into a sort of twisted giggle, sending a shiver down your spine. If there was still any doubt in your mind that this girl was harmless, it was quickly wiped away by the fact she’d kept one of the deadliest Cradily you’d ever encountered as a pet. Mandragora had almost killed two of your dearest Pokémon under her orders, enough indication that you didn’t want her on your bad side. Deep trouble loomed ahead and escaping wouldn’t be easy. The siren was naďve enough not to tie you up, but swimming on your new appendage would be like learning to walk for the first time. She steals back your attention with a bat of her long eyelashes, desperate for you to say or do something and oblivious to any thoughts that might be trailing through your head. Whilst the hostage situation seemed hopeless, the mermaid would be sure to answer any burning questions in her mad infatuation. What will you do?

Hydro-Electric Dam

Myahoo: With the idea that you’d seen this stranger before, you can’t help but approach him and introduce yourself. There’s an awkward pause as he turns his head over his shoulder, not looking too interested. His mood seems to have rubbed off on the Luxray too, who exchanges a glance with the echidna before turning back to the gushing reservoir. “Yes...” he replies drolly with one hand itching the lion’s ear, “If you’ve ever watched Sinnoh Now, you’ve probably seen one of my interviews. And if you haven’t guessed by now, I’m Volkner of the Sunnyshore Gym”. Whilst he sounded quite arrogant, you couldn’t help but think he must get this all the time. He flings a handful skimming stones into the water one by one, the pebbles lightly rippling against its surface. It feels like he’s testing your patience, most travellers would’ve snubbed the gym leader and his brash attitude. You feel like parting ways yourself until all of a sudden, something happens that even he wasn’t expecting.

A metal screech from the dam pierces through the salty air. Suddenly the surges of foamy water coming from the cylinders wane to a few weak spurts. The roaring turbines grind to a halt as the last trickles of fresh water dribble down to the reservoir that was getting shallower by the second. Volkner tests the water with his hand, rising to his feet with an uncontrolled smirk on his lips. It had only taken a minute for the river to become bone dry, the nearby herd of Blitzle neighing in bewilderment. The blond chap’s eyes were glistening, you couldn’t help but think he’d gone mad as he smiles at you, “This is just the type of chaos I’ve been looking for!”

“I might need backup if you’d like the experience”, Volkner nods, far friendlier than before. He runs his fingers through the Luxray’s mane before mounting it, kicking one of his legs into the cat’s stomach to get it moving. The lion sets off into a run en route to the dam, and you start to wonder how on earth you’re meant to keep up. Volkner seems to realise this at the same split second as he pulls on the Luxray’s mane to bring it to a halt. “I almost forgot! I like to move fast. But luckily for you there’s a nearby herd of Blitzle. You don’t even have to capture one, wild Blitzle can be ridden if they deem a trainer strong enough. Don’t worry I’ll wait here”. You turn on your heel to face the zebras; one of them had broken off from the zeal. Looks like you’d have to gain its respect. What will you do?

Crater Lake

Itzatrap: “That’s great news Rob!” Flannery beams, scoping the desolate landscape with one eye, “Come on, it’s just North West of here. We’ve got no time to lose!” The redhead taps her Torkoal on the crown with a Pokéball before setting off down the uneven mountainside, coaxing you to scramble in tow. It was a challenge keeping up whilst throwing on the rest of your clothes, especially given the gym leader’s aptitude for hiking. She light-footedly climbs down a ledge that takes you almost a minute to reciprocate. Trekking up an unsteady cliff edge gives you a nice vantage of a canyon below. There was a large herd of Tauros migrating down toward the lake you’d just come from, a flock of Mandibuzz circling above in hopes one of the bulls collapses under the intense heat. You bring your attention back to Flannery who was now almost a mile ahead, upping your pace so not lose track. Finally, with your knees covered in fresh grazes you’d made your way to a large ranch. There was a large wood cabin with two enclosed fields branching out from it. One of the fields was packed with grazing Mareep whilst a dozen or so Blitzle could be seen galloping circles around the other. Just ahead there was a broad-shouldered businessman at the front door and as you got closer you spotted an elderly couple on the other side. The old couple, who you could only assume were the ranch owners, looked pale faced and shaken. Even though it was 90 degrees outside the guy at the front door was sporting a long trench coat and a panama hat that made him ooze with suspicion. Flannery signals you to discretely follow, holding one hand to her ear as she attempts to listen in.

“I’ve already told you Mr. and Mrs. Nouka”, he says with a greasy smile, “without a deed to the land there’s nothing you can do to stop us drilling on it”

“But please, think about the Pokémon!” the elderly woman cries, “Crater Lake is their home, and it’s a source of life for the entire Central Plain”

“If ya accidently cause an eruption, their blood will be on yer hands”, the male rancher continues, more sternly.

The man’s lips curl into an uncontrollable smirk. “Yes, that would be a shame wouldn’t it?” You can’t help but link this man with the group of criminals Flannery had mentioned to you earlier. The fact he had no shame in bullying an old farming couple was awfully incriminating. Whilst you’d only heard the tail end of their conversation, you’d have to do something to stop the situation from escalating further.

Cascade Waterfall

Kaisap: With the situation escalating from bad to worse and an angry momma Donphan raising her tusks just a stretch away you quickly rack up another plan. You decide a peace offering would best show you meant no harm to the herd as you rummage through your bag, dropping a batch of homemade confectionaries at the foot of wrestling Pokémon. The pink kitten’s eyes glisten as she wriggles out of the Phanpy pile-on she’d found herself under and paws at one of the candies. As she starts to nibble away, the rest of the parade look over curiously. They were used to a diet of berries and hadn’t seen anything like this before. As the eldest of the Phanpy picks one of the candy up with its snout, the mother suddenly THRUMPS again with a look of panic in her eyes. Your plan seemed to have misfired as the elephant didn’t like the idea of strangers offering her brood such weird looking food. She scuffs the ground again, this time stampeding toward Skitty without a second thought! Fortunately the cat’s feline instincts are no match for the Donphan as she springs off the ground, saving herself from being trampled as she lands on the Pokémon’s tyre snout. The elephant wasn’t expecting this and attempts to Flail the Skitty off, her claws now digging into its armour hide. After a few seconds of struggle the kitten detaches from Donphan, hurdling into the sky before clinging onto a tree branch several meters above. Whilst unharmed for the most part, she desperately clings onto the branch, meowing desperately. Determined to protect her offspring the elephant tucks into a wheel and Rolls Out into the towering tree, its trunk shaking as leaves drop down from its branches. That wouldn’t be the only thing dropping down if you didn’t act fast, maybe it wasn’t too late to win over the mother Donphan. What will you do?
    Last edited by Emp; 27th June 2012 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Grammar

Crater Lake

Itzatrap: “That’s great news Rob!” Flannery beams, scoping the desolate landscape with one eye, “Come on, it’s just North West of here. We’ve got no time to lose!” The redhead taps her Torkoal on the crown with a Pokéball before setting off down the uneven mountainside, coaxing you to scramble in tow. It was a challenge keeping up whilst throwing on the rest of your clothes, especially given the gym leader’s aptitude for hiking. She light-footedly climbs down a ledge that takes you almost a minute to reciprocate. Trekking up an unsteady cliff edge gives you a nice vantage of a canyon below. There was a large herd of Tauros migrating down toward the lake you’d just come from, a flock of Mandibuzz circling above in hopes one of the bulls collapses under the intense heat. You bring your attention back to Flannery who was now almost a mile ahead, upping your pace so not lose track. Finally, with your knees covered in fresh grazes you’d made your way to a large ranch. There was a large wood cabin with two enclosed fields branching out from it. One of the fields was packed with grazing Mareep whilst a dozen or so Blitzle could be seen galloping circles around the other. Just ahead there was a broad-shouldered businessman at the front door and as you got closer you spotted an elderly couple on the other side. The old couple, who you could only assume were the ranch owners, looked pale faced and shaken. Even though it was 90 degrees outside the guy at the front door was sporting a long trench coat and a panama hat that made him ooze with suspicion. Flannery signals you to discretely follow, holding one hand to her ear as she attempts to listen in.

“I’ve already told you Mr. and Mrs. Nouka”, he says with a greasy smile, “without a deed to the land there’s nothing you can do to stop us drilling on it”

“But please, think about the Pokémon!” the elderly woman cries, “Crater Lake is their home, and it’s a source of life for the entire Central Plain”

“If ya accidently cause an eruption, their blood will be on yer hands”, the male rancher continues, more sternly.

The man’s lips curl into an uncontrollable smirk. “Yes, that would be a shame wouldn’t it?” You can’t help but link this man with the group of criminals Flannery had mentioned to you earlier. The fact he had no shame in bullying an old farming couple was awfully incriminating. Whilst you’d only heard the tail end of their conversation, you’d have to do something to stop the situation from escalating further.
    Looking at the large wood cabin, along with the two fields with electrical sheep and horses, Rob could not contain his excitement as he muttered to himself, "Wow, this place is amazing..." Having come from a rather suburban place, he could only see the amazing freedom this place afforded for everyone, unbeknownst to the young explorer, a rather unsettling scene awaited him ahead.

A tall man and elderly couple stood in front of the door. With Flannery's signal, Rob followed her to listen in on their conversation. He could only feel his blood boil as he heard the man speak so coldly, and without concern for the well being of the Pokémon that lived in Crater Lake. He knew that he might regret stepping into this situation in a rash manner, but there was nothing he could do anymore to control himself from confronting the tall man in the coat, not when he acted so inhuman.

He reached for a Pokéball in his belt and pressed the opening mechanism, which released small brown crocodile with black stripes, who chomped happily as he saw his trainer. "Come with me Judis." he whispered, as the Sandile sensed Rob's tenseness. "Excuse me, but what do you think you are doing here?" the usual mousy approach he had when he met people seemed to be nonexistent "It seems to me that you are bothering this nice couple, and we can't have that can we Judis?" The crodile like Pokémon threateningly chomped towards the tall man in agreement.

Ampere Beach

Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: With your rods and tackle cast aside you were both focused on the slippery deck with both catches struggling against any capture attempts. The two Pokémon had taken your bait hook, line and sinker but being so high levelled they were proving too much to handle. On Andy’s side, Tsar’s field advantage wouldn’t hold up against the fully evolved Gorebyss, and it’d take a lot more than attacking to manoeuvre the swift snipe eel into the empty pail - Andy being one of the only trainers not to have caught anything. Hyrem’s catch however was as hostile as Andy’s was slippery. The basculin gnarled, its bloodshot eyes fixated on the fisherman’s foot that was that was running red. He’d sooner go in for another nip than make a break for the open water, making for an unconventional twist in the fishing games. Both trainers brows furrowed in determination as they volleyed another set of orders in unison, their fishing partners quick into action.

Andy lobs a Rare Candy toward the ancient mirror who intercepts, absorbing the confectionary into his shiny hide. The Bronzor looks vaguely stronger as the bright sun glitters on his varnished face, orbiting around the Gorebyss who was looking more sluggish by the second. The snipe eel seemed to have devised one last ditch attempt to return to its watery home, spewing off another Water Gun and swishing its tail to propel itself off the starboard side of the boat. The mirror rolls skyward again, water dripping off his back as it hovers methodically back into place with a slight falter in its flight path. Tsar then shoots another ray of Confusion toward the bottom railing of the boat, catching the Gorebyss in the face and spurring it back into the centre. Dumbstruck by the attack the fish flops helplessly against the planked deck, no longer giving any fight. The ancient mirror compasses inches from Gorebyss with its eyes suddenly flickering like a pair of blue flashlights. The confused snipe eel catches sight of Hypnosis and suddenly tuckers into a midday siesta – giving Andy the perfect opportunity to sling it into his bucket.

Meanwhile Hyrem was clenching his fists, digging his nails into his palms to distract him from the hot pain at the ebbs of his toes. It had been a close call, by the looks of the fish’s toothy grimace one more attack like that could leave you with one less limb. Your Pokémon’s fraternal instincts kick in, Sera giving all sorts of wild emotions off whilst Daphne barked passionately. With fury coursing through her stem the acorn suddenly flickers a blinding white. Her silhouette sprouts a pair of arms as her stubby feet stretch giving her at least another head of height. Finally a sharp nose extends from her face as she shakes off the light - reveal an intimidating new form. The heat of the moment had triggered her evolution, and as Basculin went in for another Crunch the Nuzleaf sprang into action. With a few flicks of her head-leaf a flurry of Razor Leaf rip down the cruiser, slashing against the predator like a storm of shuriken. The bass reels in pain, flopping on its side before pushing back to his front with his pectoral fin. Eyes set on a new target, the fish flaps open its jaw before releasing a piercing Uproar. Daphne winces as she attempts to cover her ears before retaliating with a return-fire of Bullet Seeds. The attack sprays against Basculin again for another solid hit, the foe stubbornly clinging on by the skin of its teeth. It doesn’t take much now to finish it off though, Daphne somersaulting over her foe shooting off a kernel in mid-air. The Seed hits the red-striped bass on the dorsal fin, suddenly snaring it in netting and Leeching away any fight he had left in him. With a glint of success in your eyes you limp over to the fish, now faced with the difficult decision of which of your catches to keep. Basculin was much stronger and sure to fare better in the contest, but you couldn’t deny that Chinchou was a cool Pokémon.

30 Minutes Remaining. Since you’ve both met the minimum requirement of catching a fish each, I’ll give you the opportunity from this point onwards to skip to the judging part of the fishing contest. However you’ll have to decide this together. Hyrem, since you’ve caught two fish you will have to decide which one to keep and which one to release. After the contest is over you’re free to keep either Basculin or Chinchou (or another fish if you continue playing). Andy, since you caught an evolved Pokémon you won’t be able to keep it after the contest is over.
    Hyrem's second catch, a Red Striped Basculin, was fixing to switch the roles and angle itself a human, but Sera and Daphne weren't going to have any of it. Daphne, in particular, wanted to prove her worth and show Hyrem's faith in her was well-placed, and she evolved as a result. The large fish wasn't just going to wait for her, though; she had finished evolving just in time to see Basculin lunge at Hyrem again in an attempt to rip his leg into pieces in one sickening Crunch. But Daphne acted fast and flung a barrage of Leaves straight at the Basculin. They flew through the air with Razor-sharp precision and collided into the aggressive Water-type for some good damage. She successfully caught her quarry's attention, but she'd pay for it as Basculin shrieked in a violent Uproar, forcing her to cover her ears. She muddled through the pain and spit her Bullet Seeds at the Basculin for more damage. Now that the fish was almost worn out, she needed only to finish it off with a Leech Seed on the dorsal fin and drain the rest of its energy away.

That's how to teach a Pokemon not to mess with your trainer.

With a half an hour still to go, he remembered he was only allowed to take one fish into the contest with him. Basculin would definitely be a top fish for the contest, but the Chinchou he'd caught earlier had some unique qualities that may give it an edge too. Eventually, it boiled down to one thing: if he was allowed to keep the Pokemon he entered into the contest, he'd pick Chinchou over Basculin any day. Sarkhan and Amethyst were trouble enough, and he'd rather not have another Pokemon that would be even worse by the fact that it'd love to rip him apart at the first chance it got.

So, satisfied with just the victory over a whopper of a fish, Hyrem limps over to where Basculin was, takes it by the tail fin and says a few words, still wincing in pain from the injury he got from it: "Good fight, Basculin, you really took me by surprise! I thought I'd be your "prize catch" for a second! I'm gonna let you back into the water now... I guess you'll be able to tell your friends about the big one that got away from you, huh?" he said, forcing a smile through the pain. And with that, he released the Basculin back into the water, likely a questionable decision in many others' opinions, but a decision Hyrem was happy with nonetheless. A fighter like that deserved to stay in the water and make another angler squirm trying to get it.

He turned over to Andy and saw him lower the Gorebyss into his bucket. "Nice job! That one must've been tough too!" he complemented. Now, there was still time to go fishing for one more Pokemon, but the injury on Hyrem's foot changed his priorities. He limped over to Andy with the Chinchou still in his bucket, sat down, and said, "Hey, I think I'm just going to enter the Chinchou I caught for the contest, but if you still want to keep fishing, there's one more combination that I think should work: the Short-Length Line and the Insect Lure. If you want to try that out, I'd like to watch you, but I also think that Gorebyss looks like a winner too." Sera and Daphne also take their seats on either side of Hyrem, nursing his wound. It was all up to Andy now; what would be his decision?

{Just in case you get to a point where I can catch the Chinchou in your next update, I'll try placing it in this Pokeball (2/10). Wish me luck!}
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 28th June 2012 at 1:11 AM. Reason: Putting in the Pokeball for my zone capture.

Cascade Waterfall

Kaisap: With the situation escalating from bad to worse and an angry momma Donphan raising her tusks just a stretch away you quickly rack up another plan. You decide a peace offering would best show you meant no harm to the herd as you rummage through your bag, dropping a batch of homemade confectionaries at the foot of wrestling Pokémon. The pink kitten’s eyes glisten as she wriggles out of the Phanpy pile-on she’d found herself under and paws at one of the candies. As she starts to nibble away, the rest of the parade look over curiously. They were used to a diet of berries and hadn’t seen anything like this before.
    As the eldest of the Phanpy picks one of the candy up with its snout, the mother suddenly THRUMPS again with a look of panic in her eyes. Your plan seemed to have misfired as the elephant didn’t like the idea of strangers offering her brood such weird looking food. She scuffs the ground again, this time stampeding toward Skitty without a second thought! Fortunately the cat’s feline instincts are no match for the Donphan as she springs off the ground, saving herself from being trampled as she lands on the Pokémon’s tyre snout.
    The elephant wasn’t expecting this and attempts to Flail the Skitty off, her claws now digging into its armour hide. After a few seconds of struggle the kitten detaches from Donphan, hurdling into the sky before clinging onto a tree branch several meters above. Whilst unharmed for the most part, she desperately clings onto the branch, meowing desperately.
    Determined to protect her offspring the elephant tucks into a wheel and Rolls Out into the towering tree, its trunk shaking as leaves drop down from its branches. That wouldn’t be the only thing dropping down if you didn’t act fast, maybe it wasn’t too late to win over the mother Donphan. What will you do?
    OOC: Just so you know, I changed Skitty’s nickname, but Kitty shouldn’t be too hard to relate to Skitty.

At the sight of Noriko’s delicious candy, Kitty the Skitty squirmed her way from beneath the Phanpy and proceeded to paw at one of the candies before quickly beginning to devour it. The Phanpy looked on curiously, not having seen candy before, the woods only containing berries to eat. The oldest of the Phanpy curiously picked up a candy with his snout, which sent his mother to a panic, a loud THRUMP sounding far and wide. She did not approve of her children being given such weird treats!

In response Donphan proceeded to stampede right at Skitty, who jumped out of the way with her superior feline reflexes. Instead of being trampled, Kitty landed neatly on Donphan’s snout. Donphan, in shock at such behavior and not having expected such a bold move, started Flailing at Kitty. Deciding not to stick around for such abuse, Kitty let go of Donphan – only to fly right up into the sky, barely managing to latch on to a tree branch with her nails. Noriko could only watch as Kitty meowed in distress.

Meanwhile, Donphan wasn’t about to let the feline’s actions go just like that. Donphan rolled up and started doing a Roll Out at the trunk of the tree. With leaves shaking off the tree, Kitty started panicking. She’d be the next one falling down if Noriko didn’t do something, quick!

Noriko ran up to a safe distance from Donphan, waving her hands. “Donphan, please stop! I’m sorry! I didn’t know candies were forbidden!” She frantically started digging through her bag. “Hey, I’ve got some tasty berries, would these be okay?” Noriko crouched down, holding out some berries in her hand: a Kelpsy Berry and a Rabuta Berry. “See, they’re berries, so nothing wrong with these, right?”

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast