Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
Raine’s Wildlife Park

Pengyzu: Praying Keiko hasn’t been made a meal out of by the hungry predators that lurked in the Sharpedo Tanks, you nervously set course for the Polar Exhibit. You prod Kara on the head with him Pokéball for a midday siesta – substituting him with Allon who orbits around you leaving a few sparkles in his wake. With no time to waste you amble toward the snowy enclosure, unable to shake the feelings of worry and guilt as you catch word of youngsters talking about the debut of Shamu’s son at today’s show. You finally stop at a large warehouse with the words ‘Polar Exhibit’ scrawled above, with detailed illustrations of Beartic and Delibird on either side. There were a lot of kids shivering as they left the warehouse, the reason quickly becoming apparent as you break through the threshold which felt like walking into a refrigerator. The chill was more than worth it though as you look around in awe, the sound of barking Seel and cheering children enough to ease your troubled mind. Whilst you scan the crowd for any huge beach balls Allon hovers above, monitoring analytically like a security camera.

Spotting nothing in the crowd, you stroll toward the gates of the enclosure, nothing but icy cold water ahead and a huge cluster of ice bergs. If you needed cheering up this would just about cut it – rookeries of baby Piplup were waddling cutely around in the snow. There feathers were incredibly fluffy and downy suggesting most of them were still chicks. Almost forgetting why you were here, you read a small caption on the gate you were stood at: “Piplup (order Sphenisciformes, family Spheniscidae) are a group of aquatic, flightless bird Pokémon living almost exclusively in the Glacier Islands, especially in the Southern Ocean. A skilled swimmer, it dives for over 10 minutes to hunt” beaming with excitement, you read what is scrawled below the caption in red letters “These specimen are still in their incubation period and are NOT to be captured”. Almost forgetting your rescue mission, you watch the waddle of baby penguins eagerly, a few of them now throwing snowballs at each other. Any enthusiasm slides away again though as a fluffy white Piplup slips off the edge of the ice berg! The baby tweets desperately as it attempts to flap its tiny wings, it looked like it’d sink if you didn’t get involved. What will you do?
The lad shrugs as he tries to distract his immature mind from the idea of having poor Keiko get eaten by Sharpedos. He sets his course to the Polar Exhibit with a troubled look on his face. He overhears some youngsters like himself talking about the debut of Shamu's son. Rey lowers his face and tries to make himself as invisible as he can. The idea of losing... or even... is just overwhelming. He gulps at the thought of it before arriving in front of a warehouse clearly marked as the Polar Exhibit, complete with cute Beartics and Delibirds on the sign.

"Okay... he we are... I can't believe... I failed mr. Raine... I-I failed him... and Keiko! Oh poor Keiko, that baby... I cannot imagine him in danger... without anyone to protect him. Oh please... let him be here..." he whispers as he walks into the frigid area. A gust of chilled air greets him, as if it gave him a glimpse of relaxation from the hectic day so far. Some kids were shivering, here and there, but the cold was worth it as sounds of enjoyable Seels, entertaining their young audience fills his ears.

"WOW! This place is better than I could have dreamed off! Are those Seels?! So adorable! Eeeeeeeek! The cold is just perfect! Don't you agree Allon?" he asked. The Magnemite is busy searching the place for any signs of Keiko while Rey was shouting like the little kid he was. "Right... we were looking for Keiko... He's still in trouble... This can wait..." he sighs right before setting his sight on another part of the exhibit. His pupils dilate, his heart beat grew faster, his thoughts were cleared... one thing flooded his mind. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEK! BABY PIPLUPS!!!" he shouted, hopefully no one would pay attention to this fan boy. He hurries over to the enclosure before reading the sign posted on the gate: “Piplup (order Sphenisciformes, family Spheniscidae) are a group of aquatic, flightless bird Pokémon living almost exclusively in the Glacier Islands, especially in the Southern Ocean. A skilled swimmer, it dives for over 10 minutes to hunt.” Rey jumped with joy as the idea of being able to watch and play with these cute penguins came to mind. He continues reading the sign to see if there's anything else to know. Printed in red letters, it says, “These specimen are still in their incubation period and are NOT to be captured”. "Darn... Oh well! Watching them is still an opportunity! He rushes into the habitat, squeeing at the sight of so many adorable Pokemon. Some of them are throwing snowballs at each other while the others do their own thing. All thoughts of Keiko now lay in the back of his head as he claps at the performing penguins. The enthusiasm dies almost immediately as Rey notices a white baby Piplup slipping off an iceberg, attempting to fly its way back up by flapping its wings at a high frequency. "Noooooooooooo! Someone! Anyone! Help! No! Allon! Please, oh please, hover over there as fast as you can to try and save it! I'll run my way to the nearest platform over there! I won't let you drown Piplup!"