Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 519

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

  1. #276
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: Ditto on the Writer’s Block front :/ I usually just power through what I’ve got to write though, even if it does look really poor when I read it back.

    You clap your ears as the owl’s screeching reverberates through the canopy of leaves, Skitty’s hairs standing on end as she attempts to block out the racket. Much to your chagrin it doesn’t look to go on its own, the Hoothoot’s Uproar keeping up whilst the bird was on a roll. You clasp your hands around your mouth this time, yelling up another set of orders which you could only hope hadn’t been drowned out. Kitty, who’d buried her head in her paws in efforts to siphon out all noise quickly springs into action on hearing your voice – her eyes smouldering with loathing as she glared at the fluttering foe. Drawing in breath the kitten suddenly expels a flurry of embers which Incinerate the Hoothoot and the surrounding branches to boot. Luckily it’d rained a few hours ago stopping the canopy from catching fire, but the owl looked truly scorched as her uproar died off into a splutter courtesy of the billowing smoke – leaving behind a ringing in your ears. With its feathers still smouldering the owl roosts on the nearest branch it can find, throwing off another Confusion knocking Kitty back as she wields her tail into counterbalance. Not landing status Kitty rounds off the skirmish with an Attract, wagging her tail seductively and sending a playful wink toward the bird. Your gamble seems to pay off as the male barn owl is overcome with infatuation. The little bird flails suspended in mid air, staring lovesick at the cat who licked her lips ready to make the next move. With the Hoothoot left a sitting duck victory was almost in reach, what will you do?
    There was nothing short of bright flames of loathing shining in Kitty’s eyes as she heard Noriko’s commands and turned her attention to Hoothoot. Said flames seemed to materialize into a powerful Incinerate: a burning attack flew right at Hoothoot, stopping the Uproar in its tracks, leaving only smoke and a sore throat behind. Noriko had a sudden start with the notion of plenty of wood and fire in the same location, but apparently the wood was moist enough to not spread fire. Maybe it had been raining recently? Quick to get out of Kitty’s reach, Hoothoot flew toward a nearby tree branch, attacking Kitty with Confusion.

    While the attack once again failed to produce confusion in Kitty, it didn’t even manage to throw the feline off balance, her tail acting as a wonderful balancing device. It was time to put Noriko’s plan into action as the Skitty wagged her tail and winked in the most charming and loving manner, creating a load of little hearts that hit Hoothoot right to the face. Maybe it was pure luck or female intuition but Noriko’s plan payed off: the male Hoothoot stared at Kitty from mid-air, fluttering his wings and making very lovey-dovey sounds.

    Noriko looked at Kitty. The little feline had on her face the most predatory look Noriko had ever seen. Hoothoot seemed to be too infatuated to even notice the dangerous licking of lips and tensing that was usually followed by a pounce for the yarn…or the kill. Victory was too close to let go of now!

    “We’ve got this in the bag, Kitty! Use Tackle and Incinerate once more!” After watching the battle unfold, Noriko decided to take her chances and threw a Pokéball [4/5] at Hoothoot with one hand while crossing her fingers with the other.
    Last edited by kaisap112; 20th August 2012 at 7:56 PM.

  2. #277
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: With the river bone dry and a new method of quick transport you set your sights on the Hydro-Electric Dam. Thoughts of evil organisations, terrorists and destructive Pokémon race through your head as you wonder what could grind the colossal generator to a halt like that. These thoughts cause a lump in the pit of your stomach as you approach your steed, but Volkner couldn’t be more excited. He taps his shoe impatiently against Luxray’s flank, occasionally glancing toward you and back up at the destination. Storm neighs tamely as you go to saddle up, pressing her muzzle against your open palm. Putting one hand on her neck for support, the zebra braces as you climb on. A sudden tingling sensation travels up your spine easing your nerves, your hair gaining some extra bounce courtesy of Storm’s static. Comfortably mounted you gaze toward Volkner who had already set off in overwhelming excitement, and on your signal the zebra was galloping in tow. The sudden jerk in speed almost sends you off balance, coaxing you to lock your legs in tight as you grabbed ahold of the lightning bolt mane.

    Breaking through the threshold of billowing smoke you quickly close distance with the bounding jungle cat, gaining momentum from its slipstream. Fear of falling quickly subsides as the thrill of riding took steed. Wind swept through your hair, the trees to your right flashing by like green blurs, the concrete structure panning closer into view until it was all you could see. Now a stone’s throw away from the dam Volkner brakes, slackening his grip on Luxray’s mane and holding a hand up to grab your attention. Storm canters to a halt as the gym leader examines the colossal structure, one hand covering his brow to block out the sun. Minutes roll by as he stares at the eyesore. You could swear he was X-Raying it, picking apart its cogs and wheels looking for a chink in its inner mechanics...

    “That’s what’s causing it!” Volkner yells, signalling toward a large turbine on the heart of the dam “The cylinder’s been clogged. I bet it was sabotage!” You can’t help but spot an air of excitement in the gym leader’s voice, as though the higher the stakes were there more fun your mission would be. Despite the growing lump in your throat, you set off with Volkner as he races further up the dried bank like a restless child. The winding trail was getting considerably steeper as you ambled on, a gravelly incline leading toward the top of the dam and no doubt - an overflowing reservoir swarming with danger. Storm neighs gruffly as she scales the path with growing difficulty, losing Luxray who’d already vaulted to its peak. The zebra hurdled up over rocks with each rough landing giving you nasty saddle sores. You almost consider an early dismount until a blond head of hair comes into view over the next stretch of boulder. As you approached there was no hiding the sallow look of disappointment in face. It was hard to tell why, the embankment was broad and long, spanning a great deal further than the eye could see. What was more fascinating was the Bidoof and Bibarel colony building their own dam across the reservoir. Packs of small Bidoof would break out of the forests carrying twigs and branches in their mouths, the Bibarel fusing the sticks into the muddy blockade with a slap of their flat tails. Each slap seemed to echo like a smack in the face for Volkner, who’d been expecting chaos as he bolted toward the dam - a real challenge. He eyed the lumber dam scathingly.

    “That’s what’s clogging the turbine?” Volkner said to himself in frustration, “Mud and branches?!” He starts pacing in a mixture of disbelief and anger. He’d obviously had his guns set on a more dangerous scenario. You go to speak but he quickly rounds on you, the words caught at the bottom of your throat. “YOU deal with it! Even a preschooler and his Magikarp could unblock that hole!” his voice cracks as he waves a careless hand toward you, wanting nothing to do with such a trivial crisis. You switch your gaze toward the crystal clear water, eventually spotting the turbine which must have fed the water into the rivers downstream. It was, as the gym leader described, clogged with mud and branches that had drifted off from the beaver dam. You notice the propeller blades shunt feebly at the thicket of timber. Until it had been salvaged or destroyed, the valley would dry up. The job wasn’t mangled with danger but you couldn’t help feel Volkner had taken it lightly. It wouldn’t be easy for a Pokémon to get down there and the Sunyshore leader had made it clear he wasn’t going to lend a hand. What will you do?
    The teen squeaked when Storm started cantering forward, her hands going to grab the foal's mane and her legs locking around the equine, while Wildfire's grip on his trainer's shirt tightened. The trio burst out of the lingering Smokescreen, quickly catching up to the dark-colored lion and its blond-haired rider, all heading towards the dam in a speedy fashion. It took a moment before Melissa could loosen the vice grip she had on her mount's mane, but, by that time, she'd started feeling the adrenaline rush again, her first-time rider's fear falling away when it became clear that she wasn't likely to fall anytime soon. She turned her attention to the dam that grew ever larger even as she watched, the trees blurring past in her peripherals.

    A stone's throw away from the concrete structure, Volkner raised a hand and Storm slowed to a stop, her two riders glancing between the Gym Leader and the dam curiously, trying to figure out what he was looking for. Melissa could almost imagine him X-raying the man-made structure, searching for the problem with the dam.

    "That's what's causing it!" he yelled and Melissa coudn't help jumping, both from his exclamation and from Wildfire's brief flaring of his flames. Storm shifted uncomfortably with a snort and a shake of her head, eying the girl with disappointment as Melissa tried to calm herself again; she hadn't expected Volkner to break the silence so suddenly. She looked towards where he was pointing, as he continued, "The cylinder's been clogged. I bet it was sabotage!" He sounded even more excited than he had when the dam had first screeched to a halt. She couldn't help remembering her thoughts from earlier: he definitely liked looking for trouble.

    With a lump of anxiety growing in her throat, the teen urged her Blitzle to follow the--she was starting to suspect he was crazy--Gym Leader up the bank, making it clear that she was in no hurry, though they quickly lost sight of Volkner's Luxray. The slope got steeper as they ascended, Storm neighing her reluctance to continuing climbing. Melissa was beginning to get saddle sores from Storm's leaping upwards and was starting to consider getting off; she was in no mood to deal with her new Pokemon's idiosyncrasies. "Storm, I get you don't want to continue going up, but I'd already decided to give Volkner a hand earlier, so we're gonna continue until we see him. Besides, this climb is just as bad for me as it is for you," she told the zebra firmly, her voice stern. A dark ear twisted backwards to listen before the equine continued onwards, movements not as reluctant as before.

    By the time the trio made it to the top, both mount and human rider were grateful to be on flat land. At least, until Melissa spotted Volkner's disappointed face. With an internal sigh at the more experienced trainer's behavior, the teen dismounted and scanned the embankment for the source of the Gym Leader's sour mood, shifting Wildfire back to her left shoulder. Her gaze quickly landed on a colony of Bidoof and Bibarel creating a lumber dam across the reservoir. The teen winced at the sight, glancing at Volkner to see his face darkening with each slap of the Bibarel's tails on their little wooden dam. He was obviously pissed off at this development.

    "That's what's clogging the turbine?" Melissa could hear the frustration in his voice and wondered absently why he looked so hard for chaos and destruction. Honestly, she almost felt like she was dealing with a younger sibling the way he was going about things. "Mud and branches?!" The blond started pacing and the disbelief and anger in his movements is clear. She found herself at a loss; after all, what did you say to a childish Gym Leader who'd just been disappointed by reality? Opening her mouth to possibly offer some condolences and maybe a silver lining, he rounded on her and the forming words dissipated like a mist. "YOU deal with it! Even a preschooler and his Magikarp could unblock that hole!" She caught the crack in his voice as he shoved the situation her way, waving a careless hand toward the girl and obviously wanting nothing to do with the trivial crisis. Melissa pursed her lips, finding his behavior starting to irritate her and debating the intelligence of refusing to deal with the situation herself, but she eventually turned her attention back to the dam. She scanned the crystal clear water, eventually finding the turbine that probably fed the river downstream; she noticed it was clogged with mud and branches, just like Volkner said, and it twitched feebly, still attempting to do its job. With an audible sigh this time, the teen reached for one particular Pokeball, glad that she had been able to acquire this Pokemon before she'd arrived. A burst of red light came from the two-colored sphere and her Finneon materialized inside the reservoir. Melissa took a few steps to the edge of the embankment, her new Pokemon craning her neck to peer curiously at the fish, and crouched down, feeling Wildfire shift on her shoulder to accommodate the change in position.

    "Stream, d'you see the turbine down there? The one with the mud and sticks in it?" She pointed at the mud-and-stick-clogged turbine. The Wing Fish Pokemon turned to look, nodding when he noticed it. "Could you do me a favor and see whether a Water Gun could clear up all that mud and stuff? Be careful of the current, if it works, alright?" She smiled at him when he nodded, turning to swim down to the turbine, while she kept an eye on him to make sure he'd be alright.

  3. #278
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    No
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

    Laguna Peninsula
    The Laguna Peninsula, also known as "Pirate Isle", is mainly forest and is famous for once harbouring a particularly nasty clan of pirates whose treasure is rumoured to still be hidden away somewhere in the vicinity. The peninsula is located on the south east end of Whale Island and although the pirates have long since vacated the land, they've certainly left their mark. Other than a rest house occupied by the peninsula's caretaker, there are no other dwellings here, the entire peninsula being under the protection of the Whale Island Conservation Society (WICS). It is said secret hideouts are cleverly hidden everywhere, so even if you're not aware of it you'll definitely have passed several of them if you're to take a scenic walk across the peninsula. Visit Pirate Isle and you'll be in for a jolly good time.

    Laguna Lake: A freshwater lake where the local Pokémon come to drink. People will often picnic here while trainers are more interested in seeing the kinds of Pokémon the lake attracts.
    As Fireray was walking though the the path to the lake his fiery friend was unhappy. It wasn't unusual for a fire-typ that he was unhappy but he kept walking with him because he saved him 1 year ago.
    "Cynda Cynda Quil." cried Cyndaquil in protest making it very clear not to go further.
    "Come on Cyndaquil don't be a wimp. When we go our next adventure will be in the Volcano." Fireray told Cyndaquil. Happy with this augument Cyndaquil kelt walking this time nearer to Fireray but happy thinking about the heat as they suddenly arrived at the lake. Taking in the beautiful sight of the river Cyndaquil obviously happy of the sight that lay before them.
    3ds FC 2492-4223-4524
    Black FC:0432-9941-9309
    Black 2 FC: 3397-2999-9109
    AC:NL Dream Address: 6900-2317-3049

  4. #279
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: Your eyes fix onto the last cloche with a mangled look of horror and disbelief. You stare for what feels like hours into the glassy eyes of the catfish, a wrought-iron stick skewering it through its middle with each thick segment topped in sliced pineapple. There was no explaining it. Somehow you just knew it was Moku, the happy-go-lucky hippie you’d met just a day a go in the lake hundreds of meters above. They shared the same sweet, intoxicated expression, the Whiscash’s whiskers a spitting image of the traveller’s Fu Manchu moustache. Grief strikes you like a wave against a rocky cliff, your thoughts drifting to Chong, Lily, Orcharist and Sothe who you’d hoped were out of harms way on the lagoon’s bank. The warning etched below your empty dinner plate was rattling through your brain – there were no lengths this girl wouldn’t go to and you no longer had any reason to trust her. You were going to beat her at her own game...

    With all your guts you manage to repress your feelings and send daggers toward the mermaid. She could have very easily been imagining this however, as soon as she gazes back at you your face had shifted to one of twisted pleasure. You then prize a joint of Whiscash spéciale and take a hearty mouthful. The roasted skin crunched on your bite, a burst of fatty juices filling your mouth and tantalising your taste buds. Melćna lets out the quietest sigh of relief she could muster, barely audible over the chewing of delicious catfish meat. With a satisfied swallow, you make sure to keep the siren on her tail – cutting straight to the chase with a question that had been burning in your throat ever since read the words ‘SHE LIES’.

    This sucked all the atmosphere out of the room. The mermaid looks stricken with surprise, her spoon slipping from her hand and clanging on the side of her bowl of boiled Shellder. The waiters tumble over each other comically, the Qwilfish puffing to twice its size and jabbering something in rapid French as all three of them frantically skirted out of the room – probably wanting to get in a safe distance before the siren erupted. But that didn’t happen at all. Her eyes started to well up as the long silence hit breaking point. She looked absolutely terrified, her darkish pupils darting around the dining room as though she was being watched. It looked as though she was trying to communicate something to you through a single look. Her acting skills had trumped yours tenfold, as you couldn’t help feel a momentary lapse of concern. Then you spot a glimpse of scarlet light flicker in her pupils and her petrified demeanour switches to one of uneasiness.

    “I’ve always been scared of men... ever since that old guy attacked me up at the lake”, she explains almost too innocently, before sending you the lovesick stare that had worked every time up until now, “But that was until I met you, baby... how about we go back to the royal bedroom for... dessert”. There was no need for her to raise a seductive brow - it was obvious what she wasn't talking about food. But what were her intentions this time?
    Balmund gauges her reaction very carefully after uttering his last question. It seems to have effectively caught everyone off guard. Good. The siren's eyes now started to well up, and they seemed to dart to and fro in absolute terror as if she was being they were being watched, a reaction which certainly caught Balmund's attention. Out of all the possible things, that was one peculiar response he wasn't quite expecting, at least given his current set of assumption. "SHE LIES!" The though popped back into his head. Of course she is, but then again, everybody does, and Balmund himself could also be an exceptional liar. The question is, lying about what? He needed to focus, and to open his mind wide to all sorts of possibilities. He couldn't quite lay all of his judgement on the mermaid when there was still a possibility of there being more than meets the eye regarding this whole mystery. Then again, he couldn't bring himself to trust her at all, even though she still had his sympathy; his mind flashing back to the scene she had showed him earlier.

    She admits to having been scared of men ever since the incident. Balmund expected no less, such a thing would traumatize anyone, filling them with fear, or anger, if not both. It wouldn't be something one could easily overcome, and when she claimed her feeling was different towards him, he couldn't help brushing it off as a complete lie. When she suggests retiring to the royal chambers for "sweet dessert", Balmund grins naughtily in return, moving towards her, eyes momentarily set on the roasted Wiscash before locking themselves with hers. "Fool, as if you haven't been hypnotized enough" He thought to himself, but he had purpose in this action. The rules of the "game" dictated that it had to be done this way; to look every bit enthralled in lustful desire like many a perverted man would. He couldn't help thinking that he was half-acting not only for her, but for someone else too. "Oh hun, I'm sure you know better than to invite a man to your room on the first date." He chuckled, ever with a smile on his face. "Cutoff the act, I've seen through it... but I want to help you. Is that the only place we can speak in absolute privacy?" He then suddenly whispered. This was yet another gamble, but in Balmund's mind, the best course of action. Hopefully, he wasn't just digging himself into an underwater grave...
    Last edited by Balmund; 21st August 2012 at 12:04 AM.

  5. #280
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: The pressure was on and the heat was really starting to get to you as you were posed with more challenges than an rookie was normally expected to handle. Jets of water from the outer pool where gushing into the tunnel, letting loose an angry Sharpedo who circled the coaster cart snapping its jaws feverishly. The cool water was knee deep now, and steadily rising – you’d need your wits about you to squirm out of this one. Unfortunately your wits are lost somewhere in the panic and wailing of your underage partner. Sheepishly recalling Livewire and making no attempts to stun or fend off the Sharpedo, you wrestle out of your seat with one arm, yanking billy by his Pikachu-tail with the other. With the flatfish gone, the shark’s beady eyes lock onto your bare ankles with a sense of abiding hunger - the Kyogre-shaped vehicle the only thing wedging you a safe distance from harm.

    Eventually the rising flood reaches your waist, and then your neck. A sharp splinter of glass signals more leaks are bursting up and down the cylinder, the pressure reaching dangerous highs. With the salty tang spraying up your nose and you take one long breath of air and signal the child to follow your lead. Your eyes force shut for a split second as your ears block with the low hum of ocean. You strain your eyes back open, the hole in the ceiling no longer pumping water with a clear view of the sun several dozen meters above. With Billy fastening to your waist you switch into a breast stroke, attempting to kick your legs with some struggle. Looking over your shoulder your bloodshot eyes widen at the sight of Sharpedo - locked onto your leg and trying to tug you back down! What will you do?

    Summoning the power of pent-up adrenaline and SCIENCE, Joshua managed to push the cold metal bar free. Now he recalled Livewire, and grabbed onto Billy. Yes, the menacing Sharpedo was glaring at him now, but this was the only way he could ensure survival. The kid took hold of his waist, and as the water began to rise to his chest, Joshua took a deep breath. Thankfully the sun's rays reached the bottom of the pool, which could have created a major problem.

    Speaking of major problems, Sharpedo made its move. It blasted forward as the trainer kicked, and clamped down hard on his leg. It took all his willpower for Joshua not to open his mouth and let out a scream, but somehow he managed. What could he do? Again, he had only one hope. Using his free leg, he attempted to kick Sharpedo in the nose, and force it to let go. To prevent it from further pursuing him, he moved his hand to his pocket, and called out the tiny blue turtle, Aegis the Squirtle again. Aegis would have to act as a decoy while Joshua got to the surface, and possibly use the occasional Tackle attack to cover them. This strategy had its flaws. Aegis might still be wounded from his fight with Livewire, and there was nothing he could really do for the other passengers but trust they could make it to safety themselves. He prayed to his chosen deity that he would make it out, and set his plan into motion. Once free, it would be a mad dash to the surface...


    OOC: Yes, I'm back. I apologise for the delay Emp, but this is really the first chance I've had to sit down for a zone reply in roughly a month. Also, your attempts to murder me are outright disturbing now. And yes, I did correct your typo. It was staring me in the face the whole time I was writing this, and I'm crazy.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  6. #281
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default Whale Island - 18

    Raine's Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: With survival instincts taking charge you breaststroke upward weighed down by your heavy clothes and the young juvenile wrapped tightly against your waist. The suns rays broke through the turquoise waters like a homing beacon, and it was that you’d focus on as you made your ascent. But there was a spanner in the works, and the Sharpedo you’d shrugged off in your escape wasn’t letting you go without a fight. The shark’s jaws locked tight around your ankle, sending a sharp pain ebbing from your sneaker up to your waist. Not looking to lose a foot you kick blindly at the predator, managing to bonk it on the nose after a few failed attempts. Strands of blood spool from its tiny nostrils as it lets go, lunging rearward in a sneeze as your leg throbbed in relief. This wouldn’t hold it off for long, and before making a break for the surface you inch for another Pokéball. The sphere loses altitude, chinking on the roof of the glass tunnel you’d just escaped from and cracking open to reveal Aegis the Squirtle. The turtle’s eyes home in on you before darting toward the shark whose gills were flaring as it prepped for another attack. You don’t need to explain, and with time scarce the word ‘Tackle’ leaves your throat in a muffled gurgle.

    The seaturtle nods and you set your sights back on the sun just a beeline above. Not daring to look back you break into another swim, the low thud of Aegis veering into the Sharpedo setting your mind at ease. You keep your eyes fixed on the blurred ball of light up ahead, shrugging over the school of Luvdisc that’d just swerved past and blocking out the high-frequency resonance of the Lanturn pod’s echolocation. Your lungs crave the fresh air just meters ahead, each kick of your legs agonizing as a stitch seized a hold of your stomach. You feel lightheaded as consciousness starts to slip away, but cling desperately to the here and now. Just a few more lunges. Jamming your stinging eyes shut you finally break through to the surface with an almighty gasp of air. Water runs down your face as you frantically look around the blurred surroundings. The tracks of the Kyogre-Koaster snaked overhead, all of its carts lined up in the docking bay and out of action. A man donning a blue bandana was being pulled away from the scene with some struggle, and a blond haired man had dived into the waters and was headed in your direction. With a front crawl on par with a high level Poliwrath, Rain closes in on you and hoists the comatose Billy onto his shoulder. Pulling a U-turn back to the poolside he yells “Come on kid!” You prepare to doggy paddle the rest of your way back to safety before faltering in your tracks. Aegis was still underwater! A good dozen meters away the turtle was tucked into his resilient carapace, unable to flee as the Sharpedo flailed it around like a chew toy. Not looking to pick a fight with you’d have to work out how to incapacitate it so Aegis could get away. What will you do?

    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: As the mermaid attempted to saddle you away from the truth yet again you decide to call her out on your growing suspicions, which was either an incredibly brave or reckless course of action. You do this in hushed tones, concerned she was being manipulated by some evil puppet master who had the room tapped. As you pull away from her earshot you spot a growing smile on the woman’s face, and any hope burning within is extinguished by her icy cold words, “There is nowhere you can talk to her without me hearing. I have made certain she can never be hurt by another man” her evil stare seems to suppress any retort, the forming words dissipating like mist. She paces back toward the table, her red hair flowing down her back like wisps of flame. There’s no gauging her reaction from this view, but as the silence lingers on she starts playing with one of the knives sending a lump down your throat.

    “You were much cleverer than the others. By the time they found out they were already in love”, the siren continues, spinning the blade in her hand, “And then I crushed their hearts before crushing them” She grasps a hold of the blade so swiftly your tail gives off a wince. Maybe now would be the time to test out your new powers... “You may be worthy of her after all...” her face suddenly contorts in some form of internal struggle. “Of course not. No man is good enough. And for spoiling my plans I will make sure that your pain is the deepest yet, and then I will kill you like you killed her!” She turns in one sudden, fluid motion. Her eyes as black as the Milotic’s and twice as Captivating. Your tailbone stiffens as she edges closer, your eyes darting around nervously as the rest of your body refused to obey. She kisses you on the lips, running her fingers through your hair as her nipples pressed softly against your bare chest. There was no love in the gesture - it was the kiss of death. As she breaks away you feel a sudden and sharp pain in your gut. Her spell breaks and you groan in agony, pressing your hand against the deep cut her knife left whilst hot blood gushed from the gaps in your fingers. The mermaid’s wicked laughing seems muffled with your head pounding, the pain starting to ebb through your whole body as you sink into oblivion...

    An unknown amount of time passes until you finally come to, your eyes opening to pitch blackness with the days events like some forgotten dream. Then the realisation of your situation crashes against you like a stormy sea, your ears were still filled with the hum of ocean. That meant she had to be near, and all the colour washes out of your face. You then remember your mortal wound, and attempt to examine it with your fingers, but your hands were bound in shackles. They rub painfully against your wrists in your attempts to break free, leaving you with nothing but a tail you’d only had for a day. All hope seems lost until the room suddenly fills with light. Vivid reds and blues from the crystals growing on the floors and walls blind you for a few seconds, your eyes stinging as you attempt to strain ahead. You were being held captive in the largest chamber by far, this one eerily reminiscent of a coliseum. Straining just ahead you spot a great stalagmite ripping through the heart of the arena, two figures tied to it like bait. As your vision returns the two blurs quickly come into focus – Chong and Lily! The last of the hippie trio screamed in muffled silence as they looked toward you in a fusion of shock and terror. They’d also been transformed into merfolk, their Huntail and Gorebyss tails flickering feebly against their bounds. Your eyes dart around the coliseum, desperate for some sort of tool to help you out of this desperate situation. You spot it glimmering like a diamond in the rough, a cherry-hued sphere that you were somehow certain held Eriphaim just in your tail’s reach. Before you can act on this impulse a terrifying voice echoes down the cavern.

    “Welcome back, honey” her words were filled with spite rather than lust this time, “I hope you enjoy your final hours as much as I will. Only a man with unmatched skill, wit and courage will be able to escape my games... So I guess that makes them unwinnable! Let the torture begin...” The voice rattles through your skull as you focus on the pair ahead. Did they know Moku was long dead? You wonder if things would have been different if you’d never met them. Of course they would. Your thoughts are shortly dashed by two new arrivals that break free from a pair of fissures on the roof of the cavern. The Sharpedo veered down toward the stalagmite and gracefully circled the prisoners in perfect symmetry, each waiting for the other to take the first bite whilst the traveller’s eyes grew wider. She’d promised to kill off another two of your friends, only this time she’d given you a front row ticket to the carnage. Or maybe this was a challenge, and maybe Eriphaim had been set in your reach to spare the hippies a gruesome death at the hands of the bloodthirsty sharks. Whatever it was, time was running out fast. What will you do?

    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: Atop of the Hydro-Electric dam’s reservoir you quickly discover your fears were uncalled for as the generator’s failure was nothing more than driftwood clogging the turbine courtesy of a Bidoof colony upstream. The feeling of relief isn’t shared all around as Volkner storms around like a child, eventually slumping down to the floor using his Luxray as a headrest and throwing the problem on your shoulders. Arguing wasn’t going to get you anywhere, so you choose to shrug off the gym leader’s boyish behaviour and focus on the job ahead. You brandish a Pokéball and toss it into the pool, bubbles running off its surface as it looses altitude. Then with a flash of light a small butterflyfish emerges and bobs to the surface. With a chirp he sets off back downstream on your command, his fins shimmering neon pink courtesy of their luminescence. You watch on cautiously as he stops at the turbine which was easily ten times his size and start to worry if he’d be able to out speed its current when it reactivates. The shunt of the blades against the blockage doesn’t paint a pretty picture in your head and you look towards Volkner. The man didn’t seem to be paying any attention, playing with the apps on his Pokétch without sparing a second glance.

    Back to the job ahead, Stream’s gills flare as she lets loose a Water Gun, the jet of pressure beating away at the clumps of wood. The showering manages to clean away the mud sharpish, but the wood and branches holds on for what feels like minutes. Finally a snap muffled by the water reveals one of the branches has given way, the propeller swinging with more leeway now. The Finneon’s eyes glint with determination as it powers on another torrent targeted at a large stump. The pressure pushes him back a few feet until the log shoots into the turbine and out of sight! Suddenly the turbine spins into motion and the rest of the blockage is pushed through it thanks to the fast building current. A low hum emanating from the whitewash walls of the dam makes you aware of its reactivation. With the blades spinning into one white blur the butterflyfish sees this as her queue to leave, but that’s easier said than done as the current tugs at her like an invisible fishing hook. The moment of panic soon passes as he narrowly breaks free of the violent flow, but resurfaces almost immediately as a loud crack pierces through the air. This seems to jolt Volkner to his senses too as you both zoom in on the lumber dam were several logs had just broken off. One stump was ferrying a small Bidoof squealing in terror as the driftwood picked up speed. It would surely drown without your help, but with Stream a considerable distance away seems to spot a problem. Still looking bored he remains lay on Luxray as he flings one of his Pokéballs into the water. A Lanturn resurfaces with a dazzling summersault, making a cheerful clicking sound toward its master.

    “Save the ‘doof”, he calls impassively. The dolphin nods and tails toward the Bidoof at mach speed. Intercepting the lumber before it could crash into the dam, the Lanturn presses its nose against it and starts to swim the Bidoof toward safety until- BZZZZZZZZ Your attention is drawn suddenly back toward the dam, sparks flying up and down the power lines feeding from it. Suddenly the structure releases a bolt of lightning into the air, making Storm kick his forelegs in bewilderment, inadvertently throwing you off. The lightning penetrates the cloudy sky which releases a drum of thunder in retaliation. Luxray leaps to its feet and roars toward the dam whilst Volkner - who’d been rested against the cat – swears as he bangs his head on the ground. Whilst the two electric types were acting bewildered Wildfire seemed immune to its effects. You look back toward the reservoir and Stream didn’t looked fazed either, but your confusion would have to wait for now as Lanturn had released the Bidoof in its nonplussed stupor sending it hurtling back toward a watery grave! What will you do?

    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: Love was in the air above as you peered through the leafy canopy, the Hoothoot crooning affectionately in a lovesick trance. Both fighters were looking worse for wear; the owl’s feathers ruffled and singed as it hung feebly in the air whilst Kitty’s downy fur was mottled red peck marks. With a window of opportunity swung open you’re quick to take advantage of the bird’s incapacitated state, volleying what looked to be the last set of orders. Smiling just enough to show her pointy fangs, the kitten loosens her grip on the branch - her back curved and her tail raised high as she prepared to pounce. You strain your eyes with baited breath, the treetops rife with action as the Skitty suddenly springs from her position and made for Hoothoot! The feline Tackles into the bird sending them in a freefall through the leafy mesa. Kitty wrows as the owl hoots hysterically, the two pecking, scratching and swinging for each other as they hit every branch on the way down. It’d be fair to say that romance is dead as they crash land on a net of vines just a reach from your position. The Hoothoot balances lop-sidedly on one foot, hanging on by the skin of its teeth. With one dive forward it gouges Kitty’s eye with a Peck, the cat screeching in mangled pain and fury. Going in for the kill, the feline churns up another inferno which Incinerates the lattice of ivy as it parries toward the enemy. You watch on with a glint pride as the cat’s beady eyes flicker in the dancing flames, the ebbing cinders unveiling a KO’d Hoothoot. Level Up for Kitty!

    The kitten paws at the unconscious owl like a ball of twine before stuffing it in her mouth. At a safe height she bounds light-footedly down to the forest floor, dropping the bird at your feet like a present... Gross! Before you can even summon the words for it a nervous gruff courtesy of the Donphan momma dashes your thoughts. There was a bewildered look in her darting eyes as she suddenly started pushing her babies into the woods with her tire-like snout. Your questions are quickly answered by a low ‘chopping’ sound prickling your ears. You strain for a better listen as the Donphan trumpets, rallying the parade of Phanpy further into the safety of the undercanopy. The noise was homing in, the watering hole completely deserted now aside from the thunder of the crashing cascade. Your heart starts to race as Kitty nuzzles between your legs, its head curiously following the growing ‘chopping’. Suddenly a harsh wind starts to blow down on your position, the gale blustering through the trees, their branches bending and foliage shedding. You look up through the opening in the canopy, spotting a jet black apache helicopter with a red R painted on its doors. Recognising the scarlet insignia as the sign of Team Rocket, you instinctively scoop up Kitty and dive out of the criminal’s line of sight. The chopping of the helicopter blades starts to move toward the lake which was now rippling in the blustering wind of the apache. From what you can see through the trees the doors had whooshed open to let loose a Wheezing which spiralled downward belching a thick Smokescreen over the fresh air. As the black haze carpeted the lake you catch one last glimpse of the Donphan bellowing and stomping its feet, it must have hung back to protect its babies! The billowing smoke quickly consumes the Donphan, forcing you to rely on your ears for what happens next. Two pairs of feet land on the bank, the elephant trumpets becoming muffled as it struggled into submission followed by a loud crash as it toppled over on its own weight.

    “Tranquiliser darts loaded with Seviper venom”, a female voice states amidst the smokescreen.

    “Nice”, the male voice replies, “Looks like this one’ll sell for a lot. Really long tusks”

    “We’re not out of the woods yet Ted, wasn’t there a Ranger spotted in the vicinity?”

    “I wouldn’t worry about that, Bundy. Our intel tells us he’s the worst ranger in the academy!”

    The two guffaw as their voices lift off into the air, drowned out by the chopping of the helicopter setting course toward the waterfall. With the smoke starting to thin you manage to make out its spinning silhouette as it disappears over the cascade, Donphan in its mitts. You feel a sudden pang of guilt for not doing anything. It was over in such a flash that you didn’t have a chance, and if you didn’t act fast the Phanpy calfs would be left without a mother. Before you could even gather your racing thoughts and begin to formulate a rescue plan, your attention is dashed by the snapping of branches from behind. Suddenly a young man donning black overalls and a red ranger jacket breaks out of the forest, wheezing as he bends down to his legs to gather his breath. You take one look at the teen, beads of sweat trickling down his forehead and leaving a patch on his chest, his glasses askew and his combed hair looking windswept and ruffled. After a long minute of panting he raises his head, his green eyes locking on yours as he struggles to string together a sentence, “Have you se-se-seen a Team R-r-rocket helicopter? I-I-I’ve been following it for hours! My n-names Deadalus by the way” He says, outstretching a hand for you to shake before quickly deciding to comb the dark strands of hair out of his face instead. What will you do?
    Last edited by Emp; 23rd August 2012 at 8:17 PM.

  7. #282
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: Atop of the Hydro-Electric dam’s reservoir you quickly discover your fears were uncalled for as the generator’s failure was nothing more than driftwood clogging the turbine courtesy of a Bidoof colony upstream. The feeling of relief isn’t shared all around as Volkner storms around like a child, eventually slumping down to the floor using his Luxray as a headrest and throwing the problem on your shoulders. Arguing wasn’t going to get you anywhere, so you choose to shrug off the gym leader’s boyish behaviour and focus on the job ahead. You brandish a Pokéball and toss it into the pool, bubbles running off its surface as it looses altitude. Then with a flash of light a small butterflyfish emerges and bobs to the surface. With a chirp he sets off back downstream on your command, his fins shimmering neon pink courtesy of their luminescence. You watch on cautiously as he stops at the turbine which was easily ten times his size and start to worry if he’d be able to out speed its current when it reactivates. The shunt of the blades against the blockage doesn’t paint a pretty picture in your head and you look towards Volkner. The man didn’t seem to be paying any attention, playing with the apps on his Pokétch without sparing a second glance.

    Back to the job ahead, Stream’s gills flare as she lets loose a Water Gun, the jet of pressure beating away at the clumps of wood. The showering manages to clean away the mud sharpish, but the wood and branches holds on for what feels like minutes. Finally a snap muffled by the water reveals one of the branches has given way, the propeller swinging with more leeway now. The Finneon’s eyes glint with determination as it powers on another torrent targeted at a large stump. The pressure pushes him back a few feet until the log shoots into the turbine and out of sight! Suddenly the turbine spins into motion and the rest of the blockage is pushed through it thanks to the fast building current. A low hum emanating from the whitewash walls of the dam makes you aware of its reactivation. With the blades spinning into one white blur the butterflyfish sees this as her queue to leave, but that’s easier said than done as the current tugs at her like an invisible fishing hook. The moment of panic soon passes as he narrowly breaks free of the violent flow, but resurfaces almost immediately as a loud crack pierces through the air. This seems to jolt Volkner to his senses too as you both zoom in on the lumber dam were several logs had just broken off. One stump was ferrying a small Bidoof squealing in terror as the driftwood picked up speed. It would surely drown without your help, but with Stream a considerable distance away seems to spot a problem. Still looking bored he remains lay on Luxray as he flings one of his Pokéballs into the water. A Lanturn resurfaces with a dazzling summersault, making a cheerful clicking sound toward its master.

    “Save the ‘doof”, he calls impassively. The dolphin nods and tails toward the Bidoof at mach speed. Intercepting the lumber before it could crash into the dam, the Lanturn presses its nose against it and starts to swim the Bidoof toward safety until- BZZZZZZZZ Your attention is drawn suddenly back toward the dam, sparks flying up and down the power lines feeding from it. Suddenly the structure releases a bolt of lightning into the air, making Storm kick his forelegs in bewilderment, inadvertently throwing you off. The lightning penetrates the cloudy sky which releases a drum of thunder in retaliation. Luxray leaps to its feet and roars toward the dam whilst Volkner - who’d been rested against the cat – swears as he bangs his head on the ground. Whilst the two electric types were acting bewildered Wildfire seemed immune to its effects. You look back toward the reservoir and Stream didn’t looked fazed either, but your confusion would have to wait for now as Lanturn had released the Bidoof in its nonplussed stupor sending it hurtling back toward a watery grave! What will you do?
    Melissa tracked her aquatic Pokemon as he swam down to the turbine and she realized just how much of a size difference there was. Would he be able to get out of the current? she wondered, more than a little worried with the Finneon far out of her reach should anything happen. The teen glanced briefly at Volkner and a surge of irritation rose up when she saw him focusing completely on some app on his Poketch; she turned away quickly, suppressing the urge to give him a good whack on the head, and returned to watching Stream do his job.

    Stream let loose a Water Gun to clear the turbine of debris, removing the mud immediately but leaving the wood and branches behind. He continued applying water pressure on the remaining debris and one of the branches snapped, letting the propeller swing more. The teen could almost see the determination in her Pokemon's eyes, as he turned his Water Gun on a large stump. He ended up moving back a few feet from the pressure, but the log shot through the turbine and the propeller started spinning again. "Yes!" Melissa cheered from her vantage point when she felt the dam start humming again. However, she spotted her little butterflyfish getting dragged towards the turbine and tensed up, before releasing a sigh when he got free of the current. A loud crack has her snapping her gaze over to the Bidoof dam where she spots some logs that she guessed had just broken off the dam and, most importantly, a terrified Bidoof on a small stump whose ferry was picking up speed. She finally sees Volkner do something useful when he sends out his Lanturn.

    "Save the 'doof," he told it and it was on its way to pushing the Bidoof to safety when something huge happened. The teen turned her attention back to the dam when a loud BZZZZZZZZ came from it and she flinched when she saw the sparks flying from the dam's power lines. Melissa cursed in shock when the dam let loose a lightning bolt skyward and gasped when Storm suddenly reared, neighing in bewilderment. She cursed again when she hit the ground, but her thoughts were on the strange phenomenon; the thunder created when the lightning bolt went up sounded ominous to the younger trainer's ears. She twisted around at the sound of the Luxray's roar and, while she would normally have grinned at Volkner's misfortune, she glanced at the other Pokemon around them instead. Wildfire, having fallen onto her stomach when she'd fallen, peered up at her in worry to make sure she was alright. While she reassured him, she turned her gaze towards Stream to see him doing fine while Volkner's Lanturn had stopped pushing the Bidoof!

    In a panic, Melissa pushed aside her confusion of the lightning bolt and the Electric Pokemons' behavior and called out to Stream, "Stream! You have to save the Bidoof! I know you can do it! Hurry over to the log and start pushing it, if you can! If you can't reach it in time or you don't have enough strength to push it, use Surf!" She climbed to her feet and set Wildfire back in his customary spot on her left shoulder, as they watched anxiously to see if Stream could make it in time.

  8. #283
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Rainbow Reef

    Dark Searchman and Trainer Andy: Whilst the rescue of Briney’s Slowpoke in almost one piece had gone off without a sitch, there was still a long way to go as the hungry Amprey coiled hungrily between yourselves and escape. Sparks jumped up and down its slinky body in Delilah’s torchlight, strands of blood still drifting from its sucker mouth in the gentle currents of the sunken ship. Hearts pounding with fear, you team up for another round as the crustacean and the angler fish spring into action. Delilah flounders in an arc toward the foe, her bulbs crackling as she lets loose a Shockwave of electricity. The current bursts from her position, hitting the eel as well as Kray who’d gone in for a Thunder Punch. Socking the foe in the fin with one of his crabhammers, he’s suddenly knocked sideways caught in the angler fish’s line of fire. The hardy Corphish flails his pincer angrily in the Chinchou’s direction, cursing something like ‘Watch where you’re firing!’ This unfortunately leaves him sitting duck for Eelektrik’s revenge as his markings flicker on and he shoots forward like a torpedo. The eel’s combusts into a Charge of Wild electricity as he rams into the lobster with a powerful tackle. Corphish grits his teeth as he’s sent crashing into the greenish floorboards which splinter on impact, emerging with sparks still flying up his shell armour.

    Rounding back on Kray, the predator is caught completely off guard as Delilah spits off a jet of Bubbles. The foamy blast peppers against its dorsal fin for a modest hit, managing to grab his attention more than anything. Eelektrik switches targets immediately, veering up toward Delilah and latching onto her with a Crunch. The angler fish wails in pain as the lamprey sinks its teeth into her scales, sporting a ring of gory bite marks on her torso as they break apart. Corphish swims back up to his battle partner’s side, the duo tailing off the round with a Bubble-Surf combo. As Chinchou gargles up another jet of foam, the Corphish flails its arms to create a wave that pulls the bubbles into its current. The torrent arcs down the deck and breaks on reaching its target. An explosion of foam engulfs the murky waters, momentarily obscuring the lamprey from view. The Eelektrik suddenly springs out of its cover and lunges for Delilah, Coiling its body around the Chinchou and locking it in a tight constrict. What will you do?


    At this point, it seemed impossible to tell who had the upper hand in this battle.

    The combined attacks of Delilah and Kray certainly appeared to be hitting their mark, but all that seemed to acheive was to make the Eel madder. Both Kray and Delilah were being battered with some pretty hard hits, Kray's carapace letting off the odd spark of electricity and Delilah sporting a rather nasty looking puncture wound thanks to the Eelektrik sucker-like mouth.
    And now, just when the situation couldn't have seemed to have gotten any worse, their opponent had ensnared Delilah with it's serpentine body, squeezing and constricting her tiny frame.

    "Damn it. This is bad." Andy muttered, whether it was to himself or the group as a whole was open to question. "Kray, you've got to get in there and free Delilah. Just like we did with Slowpoke," He called, rallying his Pokemon for this new rescue attempt "Try hitting it with a Thunder Punch first, maybe Delilah can draw some residual energy from that and use it to help herself. Then just try to Chip Away at the coils, see if you can loosen them."

    They needed to work fast, it wasn't even worth thinking about what would happen if Delilah suffered the same fate as Slowpoke. And Kray would have no chance of winning this fight on his own.

    "Don't worry, Hyrem" Andy said reassuringly to his fellow Trainer, "We'll get her out of there, and then hopefully we can finish this once and for all!"

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  9. #284
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: As the mermaid attempted to saddle you away from the truth yet again you decide to call her out on your growing suspicions, which was either an incredibly brave or reckless course of action. You do this in hushed tones, concerned she was being manipulated by some evil puppet master who had the room tapped. As you pull away from her earshot you spot a growing smile on the woman’s face, and any hope burning within is extinguished by her icy cold words, “There is nowhere you can talk to her without me hearing. I have made certain she can never be hurt by another man” her evil stare seems to suppress any retort, the forming words dissipating like mist. She paces back toward the table, her red hair flowing down her back like wisps of flame. There’s no gauging her reaction from this view, but as the silence lingers on she starts playing with one of the knives sending a lump down your throat.

    “You were much cleverer than the others. By the time they found out they were already in love”, the siren continues, spinning the blade in her hand, “And then I crushed their hearts before crushing them” She grasps a hold of the blade so swiftly your tail gives off a wince. Maybe now would be the time to test out your new powers... “You may be worthy of her after all...” her face suddenly contorts in some form of internal struggle. “Of course not. No man is good enough. And for spoiling my plans I will make sure that your pain is the deepest yet, and then I will kill you like you killed her!” She turns in one sudden, fluid motion. Her eyes as black as the Milotic’s and twice as Captivating. Your tailbone stiffens as she edges closer, your eyes darting around nervously as the rest of your body refused to obey. She kisses you on the lips, running her fingers through your hair as her nipples pressed softly against your bare chest. There was no love in the gesture - it was the kiss of death. As she breaks away you feel a sudden and sharp pain in your gut. Her spell breaks and you groan in agony, pressing your hand against the deep cut her knife left whilst hot blood gushed from the gaps in your fingers. The mermaid’s wicked laughing seems muffled with your head pounding, the pain starting to ebb through your whole body as you sink into oblivion...

    An unknown amount of time passes until you finally come to, your eyes opening to pitch blackness with the days events like some forgotten dream. Then the realisation of your situation crashes against you like a stormy sea, your ears were still filled with the hum of ocean. That meant she had to be near, and all the colour washes out of your face. You then remember your mortal wound, and attempt to examine it with your fingers, but your hands were bound in shackles. They rub painfully against your wrists in your attempts to break free, leaving you with nothing but a tail you’d only had for a day. All hope seems lost until the room suddenly fills with light. Vivid reds and blues from the crystals growing on the floors and walls blind you for a few seconds, your eyes stinging as you attempt to strain ahead. You were being held captive in the largest chamber by far, this one eerily reminiscent of a coliseum. Straining just ahead you spot a great stalagmite ripping through the heart of the arena, two figures tied to it like bait. As your vision returns the two blurs quickly come into focus – Chong and Lily! The last of the hippie trio screamed in muffled silence as they looked toward you in a fusion of shock and terror. They’d also been transformed into merfolk, their Huntail and Gorebyss tails flickering feebly against their bounds. Your eyes dart around the coliseum, desperate for some sort of tool to help you out of this desperate situation. You spot it glimmering like a diamond in the rough, a cherry-hued sphere that you were somehow certain held Eriphaim just in your tail’s reach. Before you can act on this impulse a terrifying voice echoes down the cavern.

    “Welcome back, honey” her words were filled with spite rather than lust this time, “I hope you enjoy your final hours as much as I will. Only a man with unmatched skill, wit and courage will be able to escape my games... So I guess that makes them unwinnable! Let the torture begin...” The voice rattles through your skull as you focus on the pair ahead. Did they know Moku was long dead? You wonder if things would have been different if you’d never met them. Of course they would. Your thoughts are shortly dashed by two new arrivals that break free from a pair of fissures on the roof of the cavern. The Sharpedo veered down toward the stalagmite and gracefully circled the prisoners in perfect symmetry, each waiting for the other to take the first bite whilst the traveller’s eyes grew wider. She’d promised to kill off another two of your friends, only this time she’d given you a front row ticket to the carnage. Or maybe this was a challenge, and maybe Eriphaim had been set in your reach to spare the hippies a gruesome death at the hands of the bloodthirsty sharks. Whatever it was, time was running out fast. What will you do?
    The mermaid's expression changes drastically as Balmund whispers to her, smiling almost victoriously. Balmund was right, and at the same time, very wrong in his assumption. It was not "she" with whom he was speaking, but rather "they", after all. How did he not see this sooner?

    She starts dangerously playing around with one of the table knives as she reveals her true, wicked intention to the merman. Her hatred of men truly knew no limits, they were all one and the same to her... to Milotic. She sought to play with their emotions, before crushing them in both body and soul for the ultimate satisfaction; the most gratifying form of revenge. How many others perished so miserably before him? Was Balmund truly the first one to catch on so quick? The sirens face seems to denote some sort of inner struggle however, could it be that this wasn't the will of the little girl, after all? But no matter, for Milotic, men are not to be trusted. They and they alone were the responsibles for her death.

    She transforms once again, her eyes turning black and captivating beyond belief, freezing Balmund in place as she edged closer and closer. He knew he was in danger, but his body betrayed him thoroughly. She kissed him, and he tasted her lips, and felt her fingers caress his head and her nipples softly press against his bare chest. A taste of sweet, sweet poison. As she pulls away, Balmund feels an intense pain in his gut, bending over and clutching his abdomen as warm blood gushed out of it. What a way to die. With his head pounding from the pain, he could barely hear her wicked and hysterical laughter as he felt his strength and senses fade out. The water was so cold... it was game over for the dragon tamer...

    ...Balmund wakes up. Wasn't he supposed to be dead... again? Who knows how long has it been, but as he returned to conciousness he found himself shackled within one of the greatest chambers of them all, which eeriely resembled a coliseum. At the heart of it, a great stalagmite ripped through it with none other than Chong and Lily! They both seemed tied to stone pillar, and they too had been transformed into merfolk. They seem to notice Balmund and look at him with a mix of both shock and horror. Balmund wondered if they knew about Moku, but this was hardly a time to talk about that. At least they weren't dead yet, but that didn't make their situation any less desperate. Balmund desperately looked for a solution, for something that could help him out in this situation, and then he found it, the metallic sphere he was so familiar with. It just had be Ephraim!

    Before he could reach it, he's interrupted by the mermaid, who sadistically taunts him, making it very clear just how perilous their situation was. Two figures enter the arena, and Balmund's eyes widen with horror as he sees the pair of Sharpedo rounding up their prisoners. She would have him witness the gory demise of his new met friends before finishing him off for good. Something had to be done, and fast!

    The Pokéball was set before him, and though Balmund wasn't sure he could quickly release it, or even move it to hand's reach with his clumsy tail, he at leats had to try. A pair of Signal Beams to the both of them should draw their attention. But even for a mighty dragon, two against one was hardly a fair fight. If there was a time to test out his newly found powers, it was now or never. He had to break free somehow. He had to summon the strength of his inner Gyarados if he wanted to have a chance at clearing this cruel test. Though logic screamed at this being a horrible idea, his instinct guided him to do otherwise. Bite through the shackles! Trust his dragons fangs! There are no bindings strong enough to hold such a beast. Then break all hell loose with righteous Dragon Rage!
    Last edited by Balmund; 23rd August 2012 at 9:32 PM.

  10. #285
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Rainbow Reef

    Dark Searchman and Trainer Andy: Whilst the rescue of Briney’s Slowpoke in almost one piece had gone off without a sitch, there was still a long way to go as the hungry Amprey coiled hungrily between yourselves and escape. Sparks jumped up and down its slinky body in Delilah’s torchlight, strands of blood still drifting from its sucker mouth in the gentle currents of the sunken ship. Hearts pounding with fear, you team up for another round as the crustacean and the angler fish spring into action. Delilah flounders in an arc toward the foe, her bulbs crackling as she lets loose a Shockwave of electricity. The current bursts from her position, hitting the eel as well as Kray who’d gone in for a Thunder Punch. Socking the foe in the fin with one of his crabhammers, he’s suddenly knocked sideways caught in the angler fish’s line of fire. The hardy Corphish flails his pincer angrily in the Chinchou’s direction, cursing something like ‘Watch where you’re firing!’ This unfortunately leaves him sitting duck for Eelektrik’s revenge as his markings flicker on and he shoots forward like a torpedo. The eel’s combusts into a Charge of Wild electricity as he rams into the lobster with a powerful tackle. Corphish grits his teeth as he’s sent crashing into the greenish floorboards which splinter on impact, emerging with sparks still flying up his shell armour.

    Rounding back on Kray, the predator is caught completely off guard as Delilah spits off a jet of Bubbles. The foamy blast peppers against its dorsal fin for a modest hit, managing to grab his attention more than anything. Eelektrik switches targets immediately, veering up toward Delilah and latching onto her with a Crunch. The angler fish wails in pain as the lamprey sinks its teeth into her scales, sporting a ring of gory bite marks on her torso as they break apart. Corphish swims back up to his battle partner’s side, the duo tailing off the round with a Bubble-Surf combo. As Chinchou gargles up another jet of foam, the Corphish flails its arms to create a wave that pulls the bubbles into its current. The torrent arcs down the deck and breaks on reaching its target. An explosion of foam engulfs the murky waters, momentarily obscuring the lamprey from view. The Eelektrik suddenly springs out of its cover and lunges for Delilah, Coiling its body around the Chinchou and locking it in a tight constrict. What will you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Andy View Post
    At this point, it seemed impossible to tell who had the upper hand in this battle.

    The combined attacks of Delilah and Kray certainly appeared to be hitting their mark, but all that seemed to acheive was to make the Eel madder. Both Kray and Delilah were being battered with some pretty hard hits, Kray's carapace letting off the odd spark of electricity and Delilah sporting a rather nasty looking puncture wound thanks to the Eelektrik sucker-like mouth.
    And now, just when the situation couldn't have seemed to have gotten any worse, their opponent had ensnared Delilah with it's serpentine body, squeezing and constricting her tiny frame.

    "Damn it. This is bad." Andy muttered, whether it was to himself or the group as a whole was open to question. "Kray, you've got to get in there and free Delilah. Just like we did with Slowpoke," He called, rallying his Pokemon for this new rescue attempt "Try hitting it with a Thunder Punch first, maybe Delilah can draw some residual energy from that and use it to help herself. Then just try to Chip Away at the coils, see if you can loosen them."

    They needed to work fast, it wasn't even worth thinking about what would happen if Delilah suffered the same fate as Slowpoke. And Kray would have no chance of winning this fight on his own.

    "Don't worry, Hyrem" Andy said reassuringly to his fellow Trainer, "We'll get her out of there, and then hopefully we can finish this once and for all!"
    Now that Hyrem and Andy had rescued Captain Briney's Slowpoke, all they needed to do was beat an Eelektrik and get out of the ship. Not too hard, right? Well actually...

    Not only was the Eelektrik a much stronger opponent than Delilah and Kray combined, it had an appetite to match its strength. Still, the team was undaunted and went in for a more offensive assault. While Kray favored a close range Thunder Punch, Delilah wanted more of a distance attack, charging up and releasing an electrical Shock Wave. Eelektrik was hit by both attacks, but Kray was also caught in Delilah's attack and got knocked to the side, angrily waving his arms at her. "I'm sorry!" the Chinchou apologized, embarrassed at her lack of control. Oh, but in his anger, Kray left himself wide open to Eelektrik's Wild Charge and took a huge hit, getting sent into the floor and coming back up with electricity running through his body.

    As if that wasn't bad enough, Hyrem and Delilah could see Eelektrik swimming back towards Kray for another attack. Delilah had to do something! So she spit out a flurry of Bubbles which just manage to catch the EleFish on the dorsal fin, drawing its attention away from Kray... and towards Delilah. Heh heh, okay, maybe that was a bad idea. A very bad idea. The EleFish swims up to Delilah faster than she can react and Crunches down on the angler's delicate flesh.

    "Chooooooooou!!" she cries out in agony.

    "Delilahhh!!" Hyrem screams in equal horror. She was a Pokemon he'd just caught on the boat above, but already they had grown a bond, and her bright personality certainly helped with that. He couldn't stand to see her get brutally attacked like that, but he knew that if he tried to interfere, he was liable to get a nasty shock of his own by the Eelektrik. It finally lets go, leaving four nasty incisions on Delilah's torso neatly arranged in a circle. This did allow Kray the time to join Delilah, likely with gratitude that she was so brave to distract Eelektrik from him. They nod to each other, and Delilah fires off another wave of Bubbles, while the Corphish summoned an underwater tide for the pockets of air to Surf on. This combination attack soon reaches Eelektrik and explodes in foam on contact. But this meant nobody could see Eelektrik... until it suddenly lunged for Delilah and wrapped her up tightly in its Coils. It had gotten a taste of anglerfish and was clearly intent on making Delilah its next prey.

    Not good.

    "Oh no, Delilah!" Hyrem calls out to his Pokemon again, now truly concerned about what was happening to her.

    "Damn it. This is bad." added Andy. "Kray, you've got to get in there and free Delilah. Just like we did with Slowpoke. Try hitting it with a Thunder Punch first, maybe Delilah can draw some residual energy from that and use it to help herself. Then just try to Chip Away at the coils, see if you can loosen them."

    That's right. Hyrem and Delilah weren't in this alone, they had Andy and Kray willing to help them in their time of need. Even though Eelektrik looked a lot more powerful, if the two trainers and their Pokemon continued to work as a team, they might just be able to win against this eel.

    "Delilah, try Flailing, and see if you can break Eelektrik's grip! If you can't break free, wait for Kray to turn away before using Flash twice! If you break free, use your own Surf attack, and make it so you and Kray can ride the wave into Eelektrik, then use Bubble at close range!"

    Flail was a pretty risky move that would probably use up a lot of energy, but this was no time to play it safe, her life was in danger!

    "Don't worry, Hyrem" he could hear Andy say to him. "We'll get her out of there, and then hopefully we can finish this once and for all!"

    "Yeah, hopefully," he replied, tensing up in the moment. Delilah and Kray both looked badly injured; they had to finish off Eelektrik before it finished them off, in which case the humans would be next... and helpless against the EleFish. But would they finish it off soon enough? Hyrem, Andy, and their Water Pokemon were about to find out...

  11. #286
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

    Western Shore
    The western shore of Whale Island has more rocky, craggy cliffs than stunning sandy beaches, but has its own attractions nonetheless. Several villages and freshwater springs dot the area. Whether you're here for relaxation, adrenaline rushing water sports, or to find new Pokémon, you're sure to find something to keep you happy during your stay.

    The Lighthouse: A lighthouse situated atop the cliffs overlooking the Delphin Heads, the lighthouse has long since been unmanned. It's light never goes out, however, despite the fact no maintenance has been carried out here for more than forty years...
    Suchiru, and Chainsaw, who was out of her pokeball, again, approached the Lighthouse on the Western Shore with trepidation. When they had been further away, it had seemed like a great idea to try and climb up to the top of the Lighthouse, but now they were right next to it, suddenly it seemed like a bad idea. It had looked so much smaller further away...

    Still, Suchiru supposed that they had come all this way, and if she gave up over some silly fear, she'd most certainly hear about it later, and besides, she had Chainsaw to protect her, although it wasn't exactly whatever might be in there that made her legs feel like they might be made of lead, as they approached the tower, more the height of the thing that towered way above her head. The teenage trainer exhaled, and swept a hand through her hair, in an effort to compose herself, and then, she set off with her Skarmory to explore the Lighthouse. There was no going back now...
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  12. #287
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Laguna Peninsula
    The Laguna Peninsula, also known as "Pirate Isle", is mainly forest and is famous for once harbouring a particularly nasty clan of pirates whose treasure is rumoured to still be hidden away somewhere in the vicinity. The peninsula is located on the south east end of Whale Island and although the pirates have long since vacated the land, they've certainly left their mark. Other than a rest house occupied by the peninsula's caretaker, there are no other dwellings here, the entire peninsula being under the protection of the Whale Island Conservation Society (WICS). It is said secret hideouts are cleverly hidden everywhere, so even if you're not aware of it you'll definitely have passed several of them if you're to take a scenic walk across the peninsula. Visit Pirate Isle and you'll be in for a jolly good time.

    The Black Swan: The Black Swan, once one of the largest and most feared pirate ships of its day, now lays rotting on Laguna Beach. Strangely enough wild Pokémon steer clear of the wreck; a sign that people perhaps shouldn't ignore.

    --Having bought an old treasure map upon their arrival on Whale Island, Hallow and Grace ventured into the land the natives nicknamed "Pirate Isle"--

    "This looks...familiar,"
    "Or maybe...not, AHA...This place just looks similar,"
    Grace sighed,
    "Argh this map makes no sense!," ripping the map apart,
    Grace chuckled a bit,
    "Shit,"
    They were lost,

    --Exhausted, they wandered the thick jungle a bit before finally reaching a clearing--

    The sweet aroma of salty sea air hit their faces first,
    "What a beach!"
    The view was amazing, the sun was still high, the water clear and glittering and the air sweet, there was just one thing missing, where were the people?, the swimmers, sun bathers, volleyball players?
    But no one was there, not a soul,
    Must be a private area on the Island, Hallow thought.
    Thats when he saw it, he was so captivated by the view how could he have missed a Giant ship just laying there across the beach?, Hallow was speechless.
    Grace emitted fire and shouted!,
    As they walked closer to it, the bigger it got, the ship was black like the night and was shaped in a form of a Swan.
    The wood was rotting away,
    "I wonder how long this has been here?," he inquired,
    A thought entered Hallow's mind,
    "heh heh, how brave do you feel, Grace?,"
    As if knowing already what her trainer was thinking,
    Grace blew out a plume of fire and looked eager!
    "Now how exactly do we get ourselves inside?,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 9:27 AM.

  13. #288
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default Whale Island - 19

    Just a notice that I have two weeks left of rapid fire updates before I start uni. Depending on my workload, I’ll probably only get a chance to update during half term and holidays, so if anyone wants to get anywhere with their adventures, now is the time to reply. If you’re having trouble finding your update because it’s fallen back a few pages then let me know and I’ll link you to it. Andy and Dark Searchman, I can pretty much guarantee you a completed adventure if you’re able to reply to my updates within 48 hours of posting. Balmund, Itza, SoS and Pengyzu are quite far down the line but I can’t be sure how long they’ll take to finish. I’m not trying to rush anyone, just warning you that from the 10th onwards pretty much all of my free time will be spent of drinking, sleeping and studying.

    Rainbow Reef

    Trainer Andy & Dark Searchman: As the battle pressed on Hyrem’s heart takes a dive as the lamprey locks Delilah in a bind, constricting the angler fish’s lungs as it turns a shade of purple. Andy takes the voice of confidence as he sends Kray boldly to the Pokémon’s rescue, both trainers holding on with baited breath as another round unfolds... The Corphish kicks things off as he ambles forward, reeling back a pincer that courses with Thunder. With a lunge the lobster Punches the eel in the side, some of the electricity ebbing off to the Chinchou to give her a mild health boost. The not very effective attack proves fruitless at loosening the bind as the Eelektrik cranes its head above the fish and drenches it in Gastro Acids. The yellowish juices slowly soak into Delilah’s scales, leaving her unscathed whilst stripping her of her invaluable ability. With one of your best chances of winning shattered you both share a glance, al look of fear behind the fog of the snorkels. Delilah doesn’t look as deflated as she starts to flounder and Fail free of her bounds, the predator grimacing as he’s slapped and kicked by the angler fish’s flippers. Fuelled by desperation the Chinchou manages to unfasten the eel’s hold long enough for Kray to Chip the Pokémon Away with a swing of his claw.

    The eel reels backward, slamming into the old wooden doorframe which gives a hollow crack. Giving a second’s warning it ricochets back into enemy lines, hocking up a Spray of Acid that surges outward hitting both Pokémon for solid damage. The corrosive substance runs off the lobster’s hard shell whilst Delilah winces in pain before preparing a counter strike. With a flick of her flippers a wave starts to pick up behind the two Pokémon, Surfing them down the quarters and into the Eelektrik. The lamprey barrels through the door and into the next room with a loud crash. For good measure Delilah fires a jet of Bubbles through the frame, the foamy blast fading into the pitch blackness pelting the eel. Silence fills the shipwreck, and you both swim forward a few paces straining your ears for any noise. The rattling of moving debris sends you back on high alert, the lamprey’s marking flickering a neon yellow as he lunged forward like a bullet. Combusting in a field of Charge, the electric eel was Wildly closing distance toward one of the fish giving you a split second to react! What will you do?

    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: Your shackles chafe agonizingly at your raw wrists, a sickness churning in your stomach that wasn’t to do with your recent acts of cannibalism. The Pokéball was at the tip of your tailfin, rolling forward an inch as you accidently nudge it further away. In the corner of your peripheral you could see the two Sharpedo twirling around the live bait and ready to strike at any moment. The muffled screaming of Lily seems to ring in your ears, coaxing you to stretch even further until the metal cuffs dig into your wrists. Biting your lip both to repress the pain and sharpen your concentration, you manage to spade beneath the cherry-hued ball and with a delicate flick you send it spinning through the water. Landing on your nearly flat chest, the ball cracks open and in a burst of light that seems to drive out your anxiety. Ephriam emerges on the scene with a gallant neigh, his courage faltering slightly as his eyes find yours chained to the floor with a deep gash on your abdomen. He readies to destroy your shackles, but you were in a lot less danger than the hippies and direct his attention to the stalagmite ahead. Volleying a set of orders, the Kingdra revolves on the spot and swiftly canters forward.

    In a flash, one of the Sharpedo went in for the kill, lunging toward lily with its jaw agape. Your pre-emptive flinch is quelled by Ephriam’s Sniper-like aim. The seahorse shoots off a fine Signal Beam jetting down the coliseum with tenacious speed. As the shark bullets ahead he’s suddenly caught in the snout by the ray, sending him barrelling sideways barking in pain. The other Sharpedo had moved in simultaneously, and unmarked by the dragon he’s quickly able to sink his teeth into Moku’s waist. The oncoming Crunch sends your heart spiralling into cold abyss, blood gushing from his Huntail-fin as his screams of pain ring through your ears. Ephriam sets aim for the Sharpedo a second after the first, another Signal Beam making its way down the chamber cuffing it in the gills for a critical hit! The Sharpedo is ripped off of Chong along with a chunk of his flesh, the scent of blood cajoling it into frenzy. The first shark had already switched targets from Lily to Ephriam, its twin speeding in tow with a look of smouldering revenge.

    With danger rising and adrenaline coursing through your veins you make it high time to unleash the Gyarados within and break free of your bonds. Filtering out the Sharpedo who were homing in fast, you fix your eyes on the shackles tying you to the ground. Teeth bare, you take one last inhale and twist your neck forward to bite through the wrought metal. A pain like nothing you’d experienced pierces through your mouth and ebbs through your whole body. Blood stained against the shackles, unscratched. A piece of chipped tooth sinks slowly toward the ground as you attempt to hold your throbbing mouth. Remembering your hands were still shackled behind your back you curse in a mixture of frustration and agony. All the rage building within seems to burst out in your cracked voice, but none of it was draconic. What had gone wrong? You were almost certain this would work. Maybe you hadn’t been filled with the power of Gyarados after all; the mermaid would’ve made sure of it if she could have. Or maybe it just wasn’t the right time. You could swear you felt something, like a dormant volcano – still sleeping until the right moment. A voice pierces through your brain like the cold blade, the goading words of an entertained siren.

    “Aw does Balmund have a tooth ache? Don’t worry baby, I’ll get you some pain killers... These ones are especially good at inflicting pain and, well, killing” Her laughter rattles through your skull until Ephriam’s gruff neigh brings you back to your senses. The Sharpedo had closed in on the dragon, their fangs bare as they went in for the kill. What will you do?

    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: Trying your best to block out the low buzz ringing in your ears courtesy of the Hydro-Electric Dam, you try to get a head on the situation. The Bidoof was picking up pace again en route to the dam, scampering on the log like a treadmill as it tried to keep balance. With Lanturn and every other Electric Type engrossed in the generator, the weight of the problem was hoisted back on your shoulders as you send Stream back into the line of action. Barely making it out of the turbine’s grasp alive, the Finneon sets sail toward the ‘Doof looking to intercept its course. In position, Stream swims toward the speeding log his butterfly fins boosting him ahead... SMACK With the driftwood caught in the reservoir’s rapid currents Finneon is easily saddled ten feet into the air, floundering back into the waters with a light splash. You eye through the crystal clear reservoir with growing concern for the butterflyfish, bubbles running off his body as well as blood spools from his tiny nostrils. He’s not out of it yet though, and fueled with determination as he veers toward the log seconds from shattering against the concrete barrier.

    The Bidoof covers its beady eyes with its paws, oblivious to Stream who bobs to the surface and lets off a Surf. A wave starts to pick up just ahead of the Finneon, building as it swallows the beaver into its current. You sigh in relief as the wave starts to break and the Bidoof crashes safely against the lumber dam. A few of the spectating beavers lug him off to the bank were its chastised by a Bibarel who was probably its mother. With crisis averted you scan beneath the surface for Stream and panic quickly starts to resurface. He was trapped in the strong current of the turbine again and this time he was having a lot more trouble! You notice the Finneon’s gills flaring through exhaustion as his swimming sends him nowhere. Tuckered out and closing distance toward the spinning propeller blades, you can only watch in horror as Stream collapses through fatigue and the turbine swallows him up... A huge lump fills your throat as you drop to your feet in despair. After just one adventure one of your Pokémon had been ground up into tuna. Sinking further into a depression you can hardly hear the buzzing sound anymore. It takes a firm grip of your shoulder to bring you back to your senses, Volkner’s ocean blue eyes penetrating yours.

    “Get up.” he commands, coaxing you to begrudgingly comply, “Fish Pokémon are sucked into those things all the time. They’ll end up either on the other side or somewhere in the filtering system. I think we should try the latter first.” Considering how unwilling he was to cooperate just a few minutes ago you can’t help but feel taken aback by his sudden mood swing. Rescuing a Finneon from the dam’s filtering system hardly seemed like a dangerous mission. You study his expression, he’s eyes locked on the structure as he appears to be X-Raying it again. “What I’m actually worried about is the dam. See those sparks? And that humming noise? It means that there’s a power overload, my guess is it happened when we shut the turbine back on. That’s why Electric Pokémon are being drawn to it. If we don’t shut down the generator soon the dam could break down for good, and that’d leave the whole continent without any power”, a smirk suddenly flickers on the gym leaders face, his eyes smouldering as he clenches his fists in excitement, “It could be dangerous...”

    “The Electric types are acting weird, we should travel back on foot”, the trainer brandishes two Pokéballs aiming one at the bank and the other at the reservoir, simultaneously withdrawing the Luxray and Lanturn still allured by the electromagnetic field. He then signals you to follow as he heads back down the mountainous terrain. After about a minute of hiking you come to a walkway stretching from one side of the dam to the other. Volkner starts to follow it, gesturing you in tow with a wave of his hand. Squinting down the valley you spot dozens of Pokémon from your vantage point. A chain-link of Magnamite were hovering through the sky, and what looked like a pasture of cotton candy turned out to be a herd of Mareep - they were all homing into the Power Generator like a giant magnet. Wildfire quivers timidly as the deafening surges of water get louder, one of the cylinders just a stretch below your footing. You hang onto the railings cautiously, lost in thought until Volkner comes to a standstill. The blond had stopped facing a metal door which gave a click as he twisted its handle. You boldly break through the threshold, a set of lights flickering on automatically.

    “Be on guard Melissa”, Volkner smiles, “The dam is run by itself so quite a few electric types have managed to make a home here” You strain ahead curiously, the pristine corridor deserted sans for a few blueprints scattered untidily on the tiled floor. Volkner picks them up, shuffles through them and passes you Blueprints A, B, C and D. You pore through the detailed schematics with a rising sense of confusion. The room you were in appeared to be the G1 Entrance, just a beeline ahead the path forked into three directions. The heavy double doors at the end of the corridor were safeguarded by two poles, electricity bouncing from one to the other – the 1.21 Gigawatt force field. Whatever lay ahead of that door was either incredibly important or exceedingly dangerous...

    Volkner eyes the forcefield for a few seconds, then faces you, “It’ll be best if we split up from here. I’ll head to the Control Room on the basement floor and shut down this forcefield. You can check out the Power Turbine for your Pokémon. We can meet back here at fourteen-hundred hours, got it?” synchronising watches, you shake hands and break apart. Volkner heads off down the leftmost path and you nervously bear right. You come across another doorway, the sound of gushing water barely penetrating its cracks and lifting your spirits. Wildfire trembles within your jacket as you gingerly turn the handle... but it doesn’t budge. Just ahead of the handle you spot a keypad flickering red to indicate the room was locked. Jamming random numbers indicates the code is 3 digits long. At a loss for what the password might be, maybe you ought to look for a clue in the blueprints?
    Last edited by Emp; 27th August 2012 at 7:38 PM.

  14. #289
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine's Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: With survival instincts taking charge you breaststroke upward weighed down by your heavy clothes and the young juvenile wrapped tightly against your waist. The suns rays broke through the turquoise waters like a homing beacon, and it was that you’d focus on as you made your ascent. But there was a spanner in the works, and the Sharpedo you’d shrugged off in your escape wasn’t letting you go without a fight. The shark’s jaws locked tight around your ankle, sending a sharp pain ebbing from your sneaker up to your waist. Not looking to lose a foot you kick blindly at the predator, managing to bonk it on the nose after a few failed attempts. Strands of blood spool from its tiny nostrils as it lets go, lunging rearward in a sneeze as your leg throbbed in relief. This wouldn’t hold it off for long, and before making a break for the surface you inch for another Pokéball. The sphere loses altitude, chinking on the roof of the glass tunnel you’d just escaped from and cracking open to reveal Aegis the Squirtle. The turtle’s eyes home in on you before darting toward the shark whose gills were flaring as it prepped for another attack. You don’t need to explain, and with time scarce the word ‘Tackle’ leaves your throat in a muffled gurgle.

    The seaturtle nods and you set your sights back on the sun just a beeline above. Not daring to look back you break into another swim, the low thud of Aegis veering into the Sharpedo setting your mind at ease. You keep your eyes fixed on the blurred ball of light up ahead, shrugging over the school of Luvdisc that’d just swerved past and blocking out the high-frequency resonance of the Lanturn pod’s echolocation. Your lungs crave the fresh air just meters ahead, each kick of your legs agonizing as a stitch seized a hold of your stomach. You feel lightheaded as consciousness starts to slip away, but cling desperately to the here and now. Just a few more lunges. Jamming your stinging eyes shut you finally break through to the surface with an almighty gasp of air. Water runs down your face as you frantically look around the blurred surroundings. The tracks of the Kyogre-Koaster snaked overhead, all of its carts lined up in the docking bay and out of action. A man donning a blue bandana was being pulled away from the scene with some struggle, and a blond haired man had dived into the waters and was headed in your direction. With a front crawl on par with a high level Poliwrath, Rain closes in on you and hoists the comatose Billy onto his shoulder. Pulling a U-turn back to the poolside he yells “Come on kid!” You prepare to doggy paddle the rest of your way back to safety before faltering in your tracks. Aegis was still underwater! A good dozen meters away the turtle was tucked into his resilient carapace, unable to flee as the Sharpedo flailed it around like a chew toy. Not looking to pick a fight with you’d have to work out how to incapacitate it so Aegis could get away. What will you do?

    Fresh air tasted sweet as Joshua broke to the surface. The last few seconds had been the most tense ones of his life as he furiously kicked towards the surface. Meanwhile, brave Aegis engaged the Sharpedo, acting as a distraction for him, Billy, and presumably other passengers, not that Joshua could see them. He gasped heavily, relieved to be alive. Meanwhile, a man had dived into the water and was pulling Billy to shore, encouraging him to follow along. It had to be Raine, the park's owner again. Thank goodness. But just as he made for the water's edge, he remembered - he had to get Aegis out of there! But he'd dropped his Pokéball, so he had no way to recall him. Things looked bleak for the turtle, who had retreated into his shell as Sharpedo crunched down on him.

    It was time for action. He had to force Sharpedo to let go and get hold of the Pokéball again. And already he had a plan. The Stunfisk may have been fresh, but it seemed to have a special move - Earth Power. How exactly it had acquired it he wasn't sure, but it would work in his favour. Such a powerful attack would definitely have enough force to get Sharpedo off Aegis. "I'll be back in a second Raine!" He pulled out Livewire's ball again, and pressed the button to let him out, making sure to keep it in his hand. "Livewire, when I stick my thumb out," - here he made a thumbs-up signal as a demonstration - "I want you to use Earth Power against Sharpedo. Once you do, we're making a mad dash for the surface - but wait for the signal!" A deep breath, and it was down into the water again. Joshua swam for the tiny red and white sphere he could see, and Livewire towards the hungry shark.

    Once Joshua would grab the ball, he'd give his signal to Livewire. Livewire would then unleash his Earth Power, giving Joshua his opening to recall Aegis to safety. Then he could recall Livewire as he swam for the surface. Then it was a matter of outswimming Sharpedo again. He was less confident about this, especially because his leg was still in pain from being bitten, but it seemed to be his best shot. At least, this was the plan...


    OOC: Typical that you would post the next set of updates just as I'm sitting down to respond to mine lol. I have the worst possible timing.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  15. #290
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    519

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Crater Lake

    Itzatrap: Beads of sweat trickled from your scalp down your forehead, the sun’s hot rays and the intense manual labour sending the temperature up a few notches. And just ahead the battle was reaching boiling point as spurts of flames erupted on each collision. Any attempts to settle down and tame the juvenile Blitzle weren’t working, you still had a long way to go in breaking Bolt. The electrified Pokémon scuffs his hoof against the charred pasture again whilst Olli decides to goad it even further. Taunting like only a monkey could, he rolls on the spot and pulls a flashes his butt cheeks and blows a raspberry. The foal neighs gruffly, cantering forward as sparks Charge up and down its muscular legs. Olli has no time to dodge as he’s steamrolled by the attack, electric hooves trampling him like live defibrillators - electricity dancing Wildly through his body. Scrambling to his feet the chimp looks pretty beat up, but with a thump of his chest he lets loose a Spinning pillar of flames. The Fire quickly picks up around Bolt who lifts his forelegs in bewilderment until he’s completely engulfed. This also severs the lasso keeping the zebra from escaping, Chimchar casting aside the charred fibres. You hear a yelp as the zebra skirts backwards only to be burnt on his flank, the smouldering tornado amplified by Olli’s attack boost. With his foe at bay the chimp starts to think of more Nasty Plots. You hope one of them involves what comes next, as Bolt combusts and Charges through the twister – his own Flames protecting him from the inferno. Running over Olli yet again, he then veers toward the gates using Agility to increase his momentum. With no lasso to tug onto, you’d need to intercept him before he got away! What will you do?
    The Taunt seems to do its job as the electric zebra charged at Olli once again, only this time he is trampled by the Blitzle. The electricity is quickly sent through Olli's body, and it seemed to do quite a number on him, only the nimble monkey made it to his feet, though the attacks were clearly wearing the chimp down, and Rob could only hope he had enough health to finish this. "Come on Olli! You can do it!" Encourging words was all the trainer could give him right now, as he unleashed a wall of fire, caging the zebra temporarily as Olli boosted his attack even further as he began to plan ahead. To both the trainer's and Pokémon's dismay, the zebra engulfed itself in fire as it escaped the fire prison and it quickly gained speed as it used Agility towards the gate, ready to escape.

    "Oh no you don't! Keane come on out!" The green mantis once again emerged from the lights to stretch his wings and scythes. "Keane, use Quick Attack to catch up to the Blitzle, don't attack it though, just use the speed boost to get in front of him to block him from escaping through the gates. Try to entertain it for a little while Olli catches up to it if you can. Olli, you catch up by Flame Wheeling your way and then hit it as hard as you can and follow it up with a Flamethrower!" Rob could only hope that Keane was fast enough to catch up to the Blitzle as both Pokémon nodded at their trainer.

  16. #291
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: Your shackles chafe agonizingly at your raw wrists, a sickness churning in your stomach that wasn’t to do with your recent acts of cannibalism. The Pokéball was at the tip of your tailfin, rolling forward an inch as you accidently nudge it further away. In the corner of your peripheral you could see the two Sharpedo twirling around the live bait and ready to strike at any moment. The muffled screaming of Lily seems to ring in your ears, coaxing you to stretch even further until the metal cuffs dig into your wrists. Biting your lip both to repress the pain and sharpen your concentration, you manage to spade beneath the cherry-hued ball and with a delicate flick you send it spinning through the water. Landing on your nearly flat chest, the ball cracks open and in a burst of light that seems to drive out your anxiety. Ephriam emerges on the scene with a gallant neigh, his courage faltering slightly as his eyes find yours chained to the floor with a deep gash on your abdomen. He readies to destroy your shackles, but you were in a lot less danger than the hippies and direct his attention to the stalagmite ahead. Volleying a set of orders, the Kingdra revolves on the spot and swiftly canters forward.

    In a flash, one of the Sharpedo went in for the kill, lunging toward lily with its jaw agape. Your pre-emptive flinch is quelled by Ephriam’s Sniper-like aim. The seahorse shoots off a fine Signal Beam jetting down the coliseum with tenacious speed. As the shark bullets ahead he’s suddenly caught in the snout by the ray, sending him barrelling sideways barking in pain. The other Sharpedo had moved in simultaneously, and unmarked by the dragon he’s quickly able to sink his teeth into Moku’s waist. The oncoming Crunch sends your heart spiralling into cold abyss, blood gushing from his Huntail-fin as his screams of pain ring through your ears. Ephriam sets aim for the Sharpedo a second after the first, another Signal Beam making its way down the chamber cuffing it in the gills for a critical hit! The Sharpedo is ripped off of Chong along with a chunk of his flesh, the scent of blood cajoling it into frenzy. The first shark had already switched targets from Lily to Ephriam, its twin speeding in tow with a look of smouldering revenge.

    With danger rising and adrenaline coursing through your veins you make it high time to unleash the Gyarados within and break free of your bonds. Filtering out the Sharpedo who were homing in fast, you fix your eyes on the shackles tying you to the ground. Teeth bare, you take one last inhale and twist your neck forward to bite through the wrought metal. A pain like nothing you’d experienced pierces through your mouth and ebbs through your whole body. Blood stained against the shackles, unscratched. A piece of chipped tooth sinks slowly toward the ground as you attempt to hold your throbbing mouth. Remembering your hands were still shackled behind your back you curse in a mixture of frustration and agony. All the rage building within seems to burst out in your cracked voice, but none of it was draconic. What had gone wrong? You were almost certain this would work. Maybe you hadn’t been filled with the power of Gyarados after all; the mermaid would’ve made sure of it if she could have. Or maybe it just wasn’t the right time. You could swear you felt something, like a dormant volcano – still sleeping until the right moment. A voice pierces through your brain like the cold blade, the goading words of an entertained siren.

    “Aw does Balmund have a tooth ache? Don’t worry baby, I’ll get you some pain killers... These ones are especially good at inflicting pain and, well, killing” Her laughter rattles through your skull until Ephriam’s gruff neigh brings you back to your senses. The Sharpedo had closed in on the dragon, their fangs bare as they went in for the kill. What will you do?
    It was hard to keep focus with the taste of his own blood filling his mouth. The stinging pain running through his body, the frustration brought forth by his current situation wasn't helping any. Ephraim had succeeded in drawing the Sharpedo's attention, but in return, Chong had been wounded very seriously, if not fatally. Balmund on the other hand was still helplessly shackled. Though adrenaline fueled rage coursed his body, his rage was not yet that of dragons. He was certain he had it in him. What was keeping it from surfacing now, in such a desperate time of need. Was did it take to have it powerfully erupt forth in an explosion of power? He didn't have time to think about such things.

    "Will you miss your other pets as much a Mandragora?" Balmund taunted back in return to the siren's goading words. If those sharks thought they would have it easy against Ephraim alone, they were dead wrong. Kingdras are known for summoning powerful tornadoes accidentaly with nothing but a mere yawn, and right now, Balmund would have him do what he knew best. "Ephraim, Whirlpool!" He commanded, in hopes of catching them both. "Then break these bindings with your Dragon Pulse! Get ready to cripple one them with your Octazooka!" He followed up. The other, I'll handle myself. He thought as he readied himself to Tackle his mark. A suicidal move, no doubt, considering his still present wounds, but it was yet another gambit he had to try. Wit, skill and courage were needed to overcome this task, and he was determined to prove he wasn't lacking any in courage, at the very least.
    Last edited by Balmund; 29th August 2012 at 7:00 AM. Reason: Grammar

  17. #292
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Just a notice that I have two weeks left of rapid fire updates before I start uni. Depending on my workload, I’ll probably only get a chance to update during half term and holidays, so if anyone wants to get anywhere with their adventures, now is the time to reply. If you’re having trouble finding your update because it’s fallen back a few pages then let me know and I’ll link you to it. Andy and Dark Searchman, I can pretty much guarantee you a completed adventure if you’re able to reply to my updates within 48 hours of posting. Balmund, Itza, SoS and Pengyzu are quite far down the line but I can’t be sure how long they’ll take to finish. I’m not trying to rush anyone, just warning you that from the 10th onwards pretty much all of my free time will be spent of drinking, sleeping and studying.

    Rainbow Reef

    Trainer Andy & Dark Searchman: As the battle pressed on Hyrem’s heart takes a dive as the lamprey locks Delilah in a bind, constricting the angler fish’s lungs as it turns a shade of purple. Andy takes the voice of confidence as he sends Kray boldly to the Pokémon’s rescue, both trainers holding on with baited breath as another round unfolds... The Corphish kicks things off as he ambles forward, reeling back a pincer that courses with Thunder. With a lunge the lobster Punches the eel in the side, some of the electricity ebbing off to the Chinchou to give her a mild health boost. The not very effective attack proves fruitless at loosening the bind as the Eelektrik cranes its head above the fish and drenches it in Gastro Acids. The yellowish juices slowly soak into Delilah’s scales, leaving her unscathed whilst stripping her of her invaluable ability. With one of your best chances of winning shattered you both share a glance, al look of fear behind the fog of the snorkels. Delilah doesn’t look as deflated as she starts to flounder and Fail free of her bounds, the predator grimacing as he’s slapped and kicked by the angler fish’s flippers. Fuelled by desperation the Chinchou manages to unfasten the eel’s hold long enough for Kray to Chip the Pokémon Away with a swing of his claw.

    The eel reels backward, slamming into the old wooden doorframe which gives a hollow crack. Giving a second’s warning it ricochets back into enemy lines, hocking up a Spray of Acid that surges outward hitting both Pokémon for solid damage. The corrosive substance runs off the lobster’s hard shell whilst Delilah winces in pain before preparing a counter strike. With a flick of her flippers a wave starts to pick up behind the two Pokémon, Surfing them down the quarters and into the Eelektrik. The lamprey barrels through the door and into the next room with a loud crash. For good measure Delilah fires a jet of Bubbles through the frame, the foamy blast fading into the pitch blackness pelting the eel. Silence fills the shipwreck, and you both swim forward a few paces straining your ears for any noise. The rattling of moving debris sends you back on high alert, the lamprey’s marking flickering a neon yellow as he lunged forward like a bullet. Combusting in a field of Charge, the electric eel was Wildly closing distance toward one of the fish giving you a split second to react! What will you do?
    Being locked in a hungry Eelektrik's hold is never a good thing, and Delilah was just plain having it rough! Fortunately, here came Kray with a Thunder-charged pincer ready to Punch the living daylights out of this slippery customer. Thing is, it didn't do a lot of damage due to Eelektrik's resistance, and it definitely didn't do enough to force it to release Delilah, but it did give the innocent Chinchou a much needed recharge. Eelektrik had had enough of dealing with that issue, however, and put a stop to it by coating Delilah heavily in a Gastro Acid attack. Delilah started to look sick; now she couldn't Absorb the Voltage being flung around any more! However, the extra electricity given to her before did raise her spirits, and she started Flailing around, pummeling Eelektrik with fins, flippers, anything she could until it couldn't hold on to her any longer. Its hold soon loosens just enough for Delilah to escape and for Kray to Chip Eelektrik Away from her. Still, losing Volt Absorb made this battle even less of a surety.

    After it crashed into an old door, splintering it into many pieces, it rebounded straight into the two fish and Sprayed more Acid all over them, badly damaging both their health and their Special Defenses. Sheesh, this fish wasn't giving anyone a break! They had to try to finish Eelektrik off now. Delilah allowed Kray a chance to swim alongside her before both started Surfing the wave she summoned. She then adds in another Bubble bath before sending it straight into Eelektrik. "Did we beat it...?" Hyrem asked quietly. That had to have done it...

    Rattle rattle...

    Hyrem and Andy could only tense up again before an all too familiar light pattern streaks up towards Delilah and Kray again. A Wild Charge attack! Seriously, what would it take to bring this guy down? Hyrem could only think of one more option.

    "Quick, Delilah, dodge the attack and then use Waterfall to send it flying! Then use one more Surf attack and let that Eelektrik get all washed up!" he orders his Chinchou. "Andy, maybe if we combine our Surf attacks, that'll be enough to beat Eelektrik! It's worth a shot!"

    The battle was reaching its climax, and the situation was even more dangerous than before for Delilah and Kray, and in effect, Hyrem and Andy. Would the foursome finally beat such a fearsome fish? ...Or would Eelektrik soon have a smorgasbord at its flippers? It all came down to what Andy decided... was Hyrem right with his strategy? Maybe Andy had an even better one...

  18. #293
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Rainbow Reef

    Trainer Andy & Dark Searchman: As the battle pressed on Hyrem’s heart takes a dive as the lamprey locks Delilah in a bind, constricting the angler fish’s lungs as it turns a shade of purple. Andy takes the voice of confidence as he sends Kray boldly to the Pokémon’s rescue, both trainers holding on with baited breath as another round unfolds... The Corphish kicks things off as he ambles forward, reeling back a pincer that courses with Thunder. With a lunge the lobster Punches the eel in the side, some of the electricity ebbing off to the Chinchou to give her a mild health boost. The not very effective attack proves fruitless at loosening the bind as the Eelektrik cranes its head above the fish and drenches it in Gastro Acids. The yellowish juices slowly soak into Delilah’s scales, leaving her unscathed whilst stripping her of her invaluable ability. With one of your best chances of winning shattered you both share a glance, al look of fear behind the fog of the snorkels. Delilah doesn’t look as deflated as she starts to flounder and Fail free of her bounds, the predator grimacing as he’s slapped and kicked by the angler fish’s flippers. Fuelled by desperation the Chinchou manages to unfasten the eel’s hold long enough for Kray to Chip the Pokémon Away with a swing of his claw.

    The eel reels backward, slamming into the old wooden doorframe which gives a hollow crack. Giving a second’s warning it ricochets back into enemy lines, hocking up a Spray of Acid that surges outward hitting both Pokémon for solid damage. The corrosive substance runs off the lobster’s hard shell whilst Delilah winces in pain before preparing a counter strike. With a flick of her flippers a wave starts to pick up behind the two Pokémon, Surfing them down the quarters and into the Eelektrik. The lamprey barrels through the door and into the next room with a loud crash. For good measure Delilah fires a jet of Bubbles through the frame, the foamy blast fading into the pitch blackness pelting the eel. Silence fills the shipwreck, and you both swim forward a few paces straining your ears for any noise. The rattling of moving debris sends you back on high alert, the lamprey’s marking flickering a neon yellow as he lunged forward like a bullet. Combusting in a field of Charge, the electric eel was Wildly closing distance toward one of the fish giving you a split second to react! What will you do?


    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Being locked in a hungry Eelektrik's hold is never a good thing, and Delilah was just plain having it rough! Fortunately, here came Kray with a Thunder-charged pincer ready to Punch the living daylights out of this slippery customer. Thing is, it didn't do a lot of damage due to Eelektrik's resistance, and it definitely didn't do enough to force it to release Delilah, but it did give the innocent Chinchou a much needed recharge. Eelektrik had had enough of dealing with that issue, however, and put a stop to it by coating Delilah heavily in a Gastro Acid attack. Delilah started to look sick; now she couldn't Absorb the Voltage being flung around any more! However, the extra electricity given to her before did raise her spirits, and she started Flailing around, pummeling Eelektrik with fins, flippers, anything she could until it couldn't hold on to her any longer. Its hold soon loosens just enough for Delilah to escape and for Kray to Chip Eelektrik Away from her. Still, losing Volt Absorb made this battle even less of a surety.

    After it crashed into an old door, splintering it into many pieces, it rebounded straight into the two fish and Sprayed more Acid all over them, badly damaging both their health and their Special Defenses. Sheesh, this fish wasn't giving anyone a break! They had to try to finish Eelektrik off now. Delilah allowed Kray a chance to swim alongside her before both started Surfing the wave she summoned. She then adds in another Bubble bath before sending it straight into Eelektrik. "Did we beat it...?" Hyrem asked quietly. That had to have done it...

    Rattle rattle...

    Hyrem and Andy could only tense up again before an all too familiar light pattern streaks up towards Delilah and Kray again. A Wild Charge attack! Seriously, what would it take to bring this guy down? Hyrem could only think of one more option.

    "Quick, Delilah, dodge the attack and then use Waterfall to send it flying! Then use one more Surf attack and let that Eelektrik get all washed up!" he orders his Chinchou. "Andy, maybe if we combine our Surf attacks, that'll be enough to beat Eelektrik! It's worth a shot!"

    The battle was reaching its climax, and the situation was even more dangerous than before for Delilah and Kray, and in effect, Hyrem and Andy. Would the foursome finally beat such a fearsome fish? ...Or would Eelektrik soon have a smorgasbord at its flippers? It all came down to what Andy decided... was Hyrem right with his strategy? Maybe Andy had an even better one...
    Delilah was now free from the Eelektrik's clutches, at least that was one problem solved. But they weren't out of the woods yet, and taking a potential meal away from their opponent only seemed to make it more determined to put both of the attacking Pokemon on the menu.

    This battle felt like it had been going on for hours and both Kray and Delilah had taken a lot of damage, Andy wondered whether it was now only sheer willpower that kept them going as they took the brunt of more hits before Delilah's counter-attack sent the Eel crashing through a wooden door, sending splinters of wood floating away in all directions.

    For a moment there was silence and Andy wondered if the battle was finally over.

    "Did we beat it...?" Came Hyrem's voice, mirroring his thoughts.

    The group seemed to relax, ready to celebrate their seeming victory, but it seemed that any pats on the back would have to wait and the sound of movement rattled echoingly through the hole that the Eelektrik had left.

    "It can't be..." Muttered Andy in disbelief.

    But it was, the electrical flickering and crackling now coming from the hole confirmed that their opponent was not done with them just yet. Like a bullet it shot from the hole, cutting through the water towards Kray and Delilah. The trainers would have to think fast.
    Hyrem was first off the mark, shouting out his orders to Delilah before turning to Andy.

    "Andy, maybe if we combine our Surf attacks, that'll be enough to beat Eelektrik! It's worth a shot!" Andy was sure he could here a mixture of emotions in his fellow Trainer's voice, both highs and lows. Desperation. Determination. Fatigue. Hope. Hyrem wasn't ready to give up, and that was all Andy needed to get behind this plan.

    "It certainly is, and why just combine the Surfs?" Said Andy with a nod, "Besides, if we don't beat it now, we may not have anything left to lose... But first..."

    And turned his attention back to the Pokemon.

    "Kray, Eelektrik's attack is almost definitely going to hit one of you, even if we try to dodge it, so Harden as much as you can and take the hit." Although both of the Pokemon had taken a beating, Andy assumed that Delilah would probably still be hurting from having the squeeze put on her not too long ago. And with her ability to absorb the electricity neutralised, this hit would probably do even more damage.
    "Then time your attacks with Delilah's for a double Waterfall and and double Surf attack. Show that rotten Eel what we're made of, and why we're not going to give up!"

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  19. #294
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: Trying your best to block out the low buzz ringing in your ears courtesy of the Hydro-Electric Dam, you try to get a head on the situation. The Bidoof was picking up pace again en route to the dam, scampering on the log like a treadmill as it tried to keep balance. With Lanturn and every other Electric Type engrossed in the generator, the weight of the problem was hoisted back on your shoulders as you send Stream back into the line of action. Barely making it out of the turbine’s grasp alive, the Finneon sets sail toward the ‘Doof looking to intercept its course. In position, Stream swims toward the speeding log his butterfly fins boosting him ahead... SMACK With the driftwood caught in the reservoir’s rapid currents Finneon is easily saddled ten feet into the air, floundering back into the waters with a light splash. You eye through the crystal clear reservoir with growing concern for the butterflyfish, bubbles running off his body as well as blood spools from his tiny nostrils. He’s not out of it yet though, and fueled with determination as he veers toward the log seconds from shattering against the concrete barrier.

    The Bidoof covers its beady eyes with its paws, oblivious to Stream who bobs to the surface and lets off a Surf. A wave starts to pick up just ahead of the Finneon, building as it swallows the beaver into its current. You sigh in relief as the wave starts to break and the Bidoof crashes safely against the lumber dam. A few of the spectating beavers lug him off to the bank were its chastised by a Bibarel who was probably its mother. With crisis averted you scan beneath the surface for Stream and panic quickly starts to resurface. He was trapped in the strong current of the turbine again and this time he was having a lot more trouble! You notice the Finneon’s gills flaring through exhaustion as his swimming sends him nowhere. Tuckered out and closing distance toward the spinning propeller blades, you can only watch in horror as Stream collapses through fatigue and the turbine swallows him up... A huge lump fills your throat as you drop to your feet in despair. After just one adventure one of your Pokémon had been ground up into tuna. Sinking further into a depression you can hardly hear the buzzing sound anymore. It takes a firm grip of your shoulder to bring you back to your senses, Volkner’s ocean blue eyes penetrating yours.

    “Get up.” he commands, coaxing you to begrudgingly comply, “Fish Pokémon are sucked into those things all the time. They’ll end up either on the other side or somewhere in the filtering system. I think we should try the latter first.” Considering how unwilling he was to cooperate just a few minutes ago you can’t help but feel taken aback by his sudden mood swing. Rescuing a Finneon from the dam’s filtering system hardly seemed like a dangerous mission. You study his expression, he’s eyes locked on the structure as he appears to be X-Raying it again. “What I’m actually worried about is the dam. See those sparks? And that humming noise? It means that there’s a power overload, my guess is it happened when we shut the turbine back on. That’s why Electric Pokémon are being drawn to it. If we don’t shut down the generator soon the dam could break down for good, and that’d leave the whole continent without any power”, a smirk suddenly flickers on the gym leaders face, his eyes smouldering as he clenches his fists in excitement, “It could be dangerous...”

    “The Electric types are acting weird, we should travel back on foot”, the trainer brandishes two Pokéballs aiming one at the bank and the other at the reservoir, simultaneously withdrawing the Luxray and Lanturn still allured by the electromagnetic field. He then signals you to follow as he heads back down the mountainous terrain. After about a minute of hiking you come to a walkway stretching from one side of the dam to the other. Volkner starts to follow it, gesturing you in tow with a wave of his hand. Squinting down the valley you spot dozens of Pokémon from your vantage point. A chain-link of Magnamite were hovering through the sky, and what looked like a pasture of cotton candy turned out to be a herd of Mareep - they were all homing into the Power Generator like a giant magnet. Wildfire quivers timidly as the deafening surges of water get louder, one of the cylinders just a stretch below your footing. You hang onto the railings cautiously, lost in thought until Volkner comes to a standstill. The blond had stopped facing a metal door which gave a click as he twisted its handle. You boldly break through the threshold, a set of lights flickering on automatically.

    “Be on guard Melissa”, Volkner smiles, “The dam is run by itself so quite a few electric types have managed to make a home here” You strain ahead curiously, the pristine corridor deserted sans for a few blueprints scattered untidily on the tiled floor. Volkner picks them up, shuffles through them and passes you Blueprints A, B, C and D. You pore through the detailed schematics with a rising sense of confusion. The room you were in appeared to be the G1 Entrance, just a beeline ahead the path forked into three directions. The heavy double doors at the end of the corridor were safeguarded by two poles, electricity bouncing from one to the other – the 1.21 Gigawatt force field. Whatever lay ahead of that door was either incredibly important or exceedingly dangerous...

    Volkner eyes the forcefield for a few seconds, then faces you, “It’ll be best if we split up from here. I’ll head to the Control Room on the basement floor and shut down this forcefield. You can check out the Power Turbine for your Pokémon. We can meet back here at fourteen-hundred hours, got it?” synchronising watches, you shake hands and break apart. Volkner heads off down the leftmost path and you nervously bear right. You come across another doorway, the sound of gushing water barely penetrating its cracks and lifting your spirits. Wildfire trembles within your jacket as you gingerly turn the handle... but it doesn’t budge. Just ahead of the handle you spot a keypad flickering red to indicate the room was locked. Jamming random numbers indicates the code is 3 digits long. At a loss for what the password might be, maybe you ought to look for a clue in the blueprints?
    Melissa winced when she spotted her fish thrown ten feet into the air by the speeding log and peered through the water to check on how he was doing. At the sight of the blood, she was almost tempted to call the rescue off, but Stream was already rushing straight towards the log again; this time, he let off a Surf and was able to get the Bidoof safely out of harm's way. The teen sighed in relief and turns to smile at her butterflyfish, but her stomach dropped at the sight of him fighting against the turbine's current. The tension in her shoulders shot straight back to max as she watches her exhausted Finneon get dragged closer and closer to the spinning propeller blades. She scrambled to get his Pokeball off her belt to return him to the safety of the sphere, but, right as she was about to take it off, he got sucked into the turbine.

    Wildfire moaned at the disappearance of his teammate, burying his head into the crook of Melissa's neck, but the teen didn't even register the movement; she was still staring at the location where her Pokemon disappeared, frozen, with blank disbelief written across her face. She couldn't believe she'd just lost a Pokemon to the man-made structure. It just wasn't the sort of thing she'd ever thought about. Sure, she knew adventuring was dangerous, but, in every worst case scenario she'd dreamed up, she'd never expected this.

    After another moment of staring blankly at the turbine, Wildfire sniffling quietly into the side of her neck, the despair started to sink in, inching its way through the numb disbelief and clutching her heart in a vice grip. What did she care about the dam's odd buzzing now? Someone else could go solve the mystery, while she stood here and mourned the loss of her Pokemon.

    The sight of the turbine blurred and she blinked rapidly, before turning away from the sight and clenching her fists. It had been stupid to wish that she'd just been dreaming and that Stream would come swimming back up to them any second now. She gritted her teeth when she felt a firm grip on her shoulder; she really didn't want to deal with the damned Gym Leader at the moment. Besides, what did he care? she thought bitterly. He was just hoping for something exciting to happen, so he could go running headlong into it.

    She opened her eyes (when had she closed them? she wondered distantly) and glared at him, gaze accusing, angry, and grief-stricken. She wanted to yell at him, shrug his hand off her shoulder, but, instead, she gingerly lifted Wildfire off her shoulder and comforted him as he snuggled into her chest this time, still sniffling, while she dropped her gaze when the echidna was in her arms.

    "Get up," he told her, and she was very tempted to refuse. She shot him another glare, demanding to know why he couldn't just let her deal with this, but he continued anyway. "Fish Pokemon are sucked into those things all the time. They'll end up either on the other side or somewhere in the filtering system. I think we should try the latter first." Melissa eyed him, suspicious. Why the complete turn around? Again, what did he care for this inexperienced trainer who he'd wanted to accompany him for backup? Besides, it was such a mundane task; he had no reason to offer to help.

    The blond had turned his attention back to the dam, in the meantime. "What I'm actually worried about is the dam. See those sparks? And that humming noise? It means that there's a power overload, my guess is it happened when we shut the turbine back on. That's why Electric Pokemon are being drawn to it. If we don't shut down the generator soon the dam could break down for good, and that'd leave the whole continent without any power." She spotted the smirk that crossed Volkner's face, how his eyes smouldered and his fist clenched in excitement. "It could be dangerous..."

    Of course, she thought bitterly, looking down at Wildfire, who'd stopped sniffling at the possibility that Stream could still be alive. All he wants to do is go find some dangerous, reckless adventure; never mind that I'd been under the impression that my Pokemon had been sliced into mincemeat. She shook her head to dispel the thoughts brought up by her depression. Volkner looked ready to go and she figured she'd need a clear head for whatever they were going to get into next.

    Setting Wildfire back on her left shoulder, she returned Storm to her Pokeball and followed the blond man down the side of the steep bank. When they reach a walkway set into the dam, he turned onto it and Melissa followed, distantly wondering how he knew his way around the dam. The teen's curiosity gently rising to prod her, she turned to look over the valley and felt subdued amazement at the Electric Pokemon that had gathered at the dam. There were lines of Magnemite, floating in front of the dam, and a stretch of fluff coming closer even as she watched; a moment later, she realized it was a herd of Mareep and, had she been less down, she would have made a note to grab one of them once she was done. Wildfire shuddered as the pair walked over one of the streams of water pouring from a turbine, tightening his grip on her shoulder, and Melissa gently scratched his head, reassuring without speaking.

    Even though she was holding onto the railing, she almost lost her balance when Volkner stopped, having not paid much attention to him as they walked along the walkway. He opened a door in the dam and, after a moment's hesitation and a glance at the water flowing beneath her, she crossed the threshold, blinking at the lights that flickered on. She glanced at Volkner out of the corner of her eye when he started speaking again; she doesn't miss the smile on his face. "Be on guard, Melissa. The dam is run by itself so quite a few Electric types have managed to make a home here." She strained her eyes further down the deserted corridor, noticing a few blue papers on the floor; she assumed they were blueprints of the structure and nodded when Volkner handed her four Blueprints. She skimmed them quickly, figuring that they were at the G1 Entrance, and, heading down the corridor, she raised an eyebrow at the two charged poles bouncing electricity between them.

    "It'll be best if we split up from here. I'll head to the Control Room on the basement floor and shut down this forcefield. You can out the Power Turbine for your Pokemon. We can meet back here at fourteen-hundred hours, got it?" Melissa turned to Volkner when he started speaking, seeing that he had been eying the forcefield, as well. She wanted to roll her eyes at the "fourteen-hundred hours" part (Cute, military time, she thought sardonically), but she nodded, syncing her watch with his and shaking his hand. She watched him head down the left path until he turned the corner, before she headed down the right path. The pair reached another doorway after a moment of walking and the sound of gushing water on the other side lifted her spirits, though she tried not to let it rise too much; Wildfire, on the other hand, shivered from inside her jacket, where he'd moved only a moment before, at the sound of all the water.

    Sure enough, when Melissa tried to turn the handle, it didn't move and her spirits dipped at the obstacle. Glancing at the door handle, she spotted a keypad flickering red. She sighed, thinking that it wasn't unexpected; if the structure ran, more or less, by itself, they'd need something to keep the wild Pokemon out of the more dangerous rooms. She tapped a few random numbers into the keypad to see how long the password was and it turned out to need three numbers.

    The teen took a seat on the floor in front of the door and began trying to figure out what the password could be. She pulled out the blueprints Volkner had handed her earlier, thinking someone might have put a clue on it and, sure enough, she spotted "PSWRD" and a picture of a Chinchou underneath her location. Her brow furrowed as she tried to figure out what it could mean. She climbed back to her feet, still deep in thought and typed in a few trios. 524. 246. 987. 352. Glancing at the picture again, a thought hit her hard and she scrambled to pull out her Pokedex, searching up Chinchou. It dinged after a moment, saying:

    "Number 170: Chinchou, the Angler Pokemon. A Water-Electric Pokemon, it evolves in Lanturn at level 27. It discharges positive and negative electricity from its antenna tips to shock its foes."

    Melissa ignored everything after Chinchou's number, typing in 170 into the keypad. This time, she was sure she was right, so she waited expectantly for the keypad to flash green with her hand on the handle.

  20. #295
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default Whale Island - 2o

    Raine's Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: Escaping a water grave by the skin of your teeth, a sensation of guilt crashes over you when Aegis doesn’t resurface. You lunge back through the watery threshold, straining down the subsurface until you spot the shark vigorously jostling the turtle trying to shake him out of his carapace. With the shell not staying still long enough for you to get a good aim, you decide to head back down after him, brandishing another Pokéball for reinforcement. The ball bursts open in your hands, Livewire floundering from the burst of light and veering deeper into the ride’s scenery on your command. The Sharpedo was too preoccupied ravaging it victim to spot the flatfish coming, and as his shadow casts over it it’s too late. The Stunfisk sniggers mischievously, slapping onto the shark’s hammerhead and releasing an eruption of Earth Power. A quick blast as the three separate gives you a split second to act. You grip both Pokéballs in each hand, biting your lip in concentration as you take aim for Livewire and Aegis. Two bolts of red light cross paths as they arc down the murky depths, hitting the Water Pokémon and vacuuming them to safety. With your adrenaline waning you start to gasp for air again. The surface wasn’t far but you were exhausted, a stitch growing in your chest as you powered upward. Before you can reach the surface a last choke of air escapes your mouth, bubbles rising upward as the scenery starts to fade out of view. Water filling with lungs, your oxygen starved brain quickly coaxes you out of consciousness...

    You felt a pounding on your chest, water running up your throat and spilling from your mouth. You roll onto your front and start to cough, spluttering as much of the salty water you could muster. When your throat eases you take a look around, you were lied on a stretcher in a white medical tent, and a trainer with brown hair tied in a ponytail smiling down at you. “Almost thought ya wouldn’t make it”, she grins, “When Raine rescued the lil tyke it took him a while to realise ya’d gone back under! I’m Terri by the way, Raine’s missus” You sit up in silence, painful flashes of the day’s event flooding back into view. Team Aqua activists had tried sabotaging the wildlife reserve twice now, and a feeling of unease swirls through your stomach like seasickness. The wildlife trainer seems to read your expression, “Don’t worry mate. We caught a bandana’d fella near the rollercoaster who confessed to everything. He’s in our custody until the police get here. Not to mention we only have the Shamu show left and those thugs wouldn’t stand a chance with Raine around! You should catch a seat now, not long ‘till the show starts!” Not managing to fully ease your troubled mind you quickly take to your feet, not feeling comfortable sat put in a medical tent. The woman sends you another smile before you head off through the white curtains greeted by warm rays of sunshine. Spinning around in awe you soak in the amazing panorama of Shamu Stadium. You were stood in the arena, a mammoth sized tank just ahead and fenced off by the stands which you could only imagine held thousands. The first few rows of bleachers had the words ‘SPLASH ZONE’ scrawled on the benches; you’d have to remember to give it a wide birth if you could. Circling the stadium you come to a standstill at a stairway leading into the pool. A man was stood at the edge of the tank, his black wetsuit shimmering in the sun’s rays.

    “G’day, mate!” Raine twists around to face you, “The missus was mighty worried about ya’, but I knew you’d pull through. Fancy meeting Shamu before the big show?” Without an answer the blond brandishes a Wailord-shaped whistle dangling from his neck and starts to blow down it. Your ears strain for a noise but you don’t hear anything. Suddenly, a low bellow breaks through the water and you make out the silhouette of the biggest Pokémon you’d ever seen. The blimp-like whale sails through the water with its pectoral fins propelling it upwards. You almost slip off the pedestal in panic as the Wailord grows larger than you could imagine. Water runs off its head as it breaks through the surface as it shoots a jet from its blowhole, but you could sense something was wrong. Shamu’s beady black eyes were glazed with a sickly complexion as his cheeks coloured a shade of green. The whale moaned as it rolled onto its back, a sudden belch almost knocking you off your feet. You have to pinch your nose as the clear blue water dyes a nasty yellow, the Wailord heaving up his lunch. Trying not to make eye contact with the drifting chunk of Remoraid you look toward Raine who looks completely taken aback, “I don’t know what’s come over him... How’s he gunna perform like this?” Perhaps you had something handy to cure the food poisoning. What will you do?

    Rainbow Reef

    Trainer Andy & Dark Searchman: Just as the lamprey looked down for the count, danger shot back with a vengeance giving you a split second to react. Hyrem suggests they sync up attacks and Andy follows suit, the two fish Pokémon staring down their enemy who was homing in with no telling which Pokémon the eel would strike. The crawdad crosses its pincers and starts to Harden its battle armour, glistening as it becomes more fortified. Meanwhile, Delilah goes for evasive manoeuvres, floundering out of sight before she could get throttled by the electric boogaloo. The pre-emptive dodge wasn’t needed as the Eelektik homes into Kray. Flattening him like a steamroller in a burst of voltage it’s only his raised defences that keep him hanging on by the skin of his teeth. The fried lobster locks eyes with the angler fish as the two move in for a counter strike. Ricocheting off the creaky floorboards the two jet forward with the power of a cascading Waterfall behind them. Spiralling around each other at mach speed, the two rocket into the lamprey for a devastating blow. The eel slinks into the floorboards, splintering a few meters of wood before coming to a stop. Teetering on the brink the Pokémon’s patters start flickering like a old light bulb, his gills flaring from fatigue. You can see the desperation in its glare as it rips from the parquet in a last ditch attempt to take down its prey. The lamprey starts bouncing off the walls wildly, Thrashing its tail about with the last of its energy. It manages to cuff Delilah who winces in pain before demolishing into another wall weakening the ship’s structural integrity. The two Pokémon share a nod, deciding it high time to put the Eelektrik out of its misery. Waving their arms in unison they channel a huge Surf which arcs down ship, the sheer power of the current almost sucking you two in. As it ploughs down the room it only adds to the destruction, pieces of splintered wood flying everywhere and the whole structure threatening to collapse. Finally the wave crashes on its target, the eel’s lights going out signalling a clean KO Level up for Kray and Delilah!

    You quickly share a high-five before until the creaking of the boat reminds you you’re not out of trouble just yet. However, the unease coursing through both your bodies now couldn’t hold a candle to the emotions to come. A maniacal laughter rings through the headset, coaxing you both to turn around to face Briney. He had a mad look in his eyes as his hand jealously dangled over the Red Orb, he seemed to be looking for just the right moment to prize it... “It was my grandpa who got me off the hook”, he starts as you share a look of confusion, “The great Briney the first. He was the one who caught me smuggling stolen goods from Rustboro to Slateport. I told him I got sucked into Team Aqua’s ideals, that I didn’t know what I was getting into when I joined up”. And like that, realisation comes on you like a crashing wave. The Red Orb that’d sunken this ship was the one of great legend. And the man who’d mentored you through the cruise activities was an evil criminal bent on using it for no good. The man quickly stifles any thoughts or exchanged glances as he boastfully continues, “Of course, the old fool believed me. And whilst the rest of Team Aqua are rotting in jail I’m here. Face to face with the legendary Red Orb! I and I alone shall fulfil their mission and expand the world’s oceans! KYOGRE SHALL BE MINE!”

    Fear echoes through the quickly collapsing shipwreck as Briney locks his fingers around the lustrous sphere. On his touch the orb explodes in a burst of red light, your eyes jamming shut on instinct to block out the blinding flare. Squinting ahead with all your efforts you catch Briney rising through the water, his eyes smouldering scarlet as ancient runes surfaced on his skin. The ruby orb was pulsing light a heartbeat, and as the beating got faster it suddenly gave off a shockwave of energy. You both share a tingling sensation as it breaks through the deck and ripples out into the ocean like a homing beacon. Driftwood starts raining from the sky as the vessel shakes violently, a cloud of dust obscuring your view to nothing but a scarlet silhouette which you have to filter out as the structure starts to collapse. Andy’s eyes dart frantically through the dust for the exit, but it had been closed off by debris. Hyrem’s eyes dart toward a fissure in the ceiling and signals Andy in tow as he heads toward it. Swimming faster than their arms and legs could carry them they manage to break through the threshold just before it collapsed on itself. Briney had fled the scene, but you had a bigger problem on your hands. Andy attempts to speak through his headset, but all Hyrem hears is a desperate splutter. Turning his attention to the trainer, Hyrem’s heart skips a beat. There was a huge puncture in Andy’s oxygen tank, his dial quickly diving into critical levels. Hundreds of feet below the surface you’d need to get swimming and fast!

    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: Between the physical and emotional torture it’s hard to keep your anger in check. The mermaid manages to provoke a comeback as you jeer through bloody teeth. She leaves you with the empty echoes of laughter which you manage to siphon out focussing on the chase ahead. The two sharks were homing in on Ephraim and fast, it’d take all your battling prowess to shake two off at once. More blood splutters from your mouth as you volley orders to the dragon who nods curtly, stretching his dorsal fins as the two drifted into range. In an impressive show of speed one of the Sharpedo Jets forward like a bullet, spiraling into a cocoon of Aqua as it cuffs the seahorse in the chest. Meanwhile the second Sharpedo’s Skull flickered white as it joined into brawl, attempting to Bash into the Kingdra at mach speed. The dragon was primed for battle as he twisted rapidly on the spot, trapping the incoming torpedo in a powerful current. The Whirlpool quickly swells to full size sucking in the other Sharpedo, the two predators snapping aggressively as they endeavour to break free. Buying enough time Ephraim ducks out of the eddy and sets course toward you. You lift yourself off the ground as far as the shackles will stretch, fresh pain stemming from your chafing manacles as you gave the seahorse plenty of room to aim. Ephraim doesn’t need it, the unmatched marksman shoots a fine Pulse of Dragon energy from his muzzle with tenacious accuracy.

    The blast lands on the link between your cuffs making them shatter apart and freeing you from your bounds. You feel the relief on your aching muscles as you stretch your arms forward for the first time, lifting off the ground in a naive sense of freedom. It’s only when you catch a glimpse of the waning whirlpool behind Ephraim that you switch back to your game face. One of the Sharpedo had ripped out of the eddy with a Aqua Jet, and the other was attempting to imitate this technique. The shark speeds forward, its Fangs bare and glistening with crystals of Ice energy. Ephraim loads aims and fires a powerful Octazooka, the stream of ink peppering the incoming Sharpedo and impairing its view. The Pokémon had picked up too much speed however, crashing into the Kingdra’s spiny body and ravaging blind with a frosty gnaw. By this point the second of the Sharpedo had broke free and was dizzily homing in on the action. It only had eyes for Ephraim, but stubborn on unleashing the beast within you recklessly dive forward. Your tailfin propels you into a charge and as the shark goes in for the seahorse you quickly intercept with a tackle. You can’t imagine who the ‘attack’ hurt more as you rub your temple in pain, the Pokémon’s Rough Skin like sandpaper on your scalp. You strain ahead lightheadedly - a blur of the Sharpedo speeding into focus. With its face scrunched up in Rage you have no time to dodge as it cuffs you in the stomach. All the wind seems to escape your gills as you bowl over in pain, trying your best to rasp together another string of orders. With your attempts at triggering an awakening proving fruitless, maybe you ought to leave the fighting to Ephraim... What will you do?

    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: After poring through the blueprints you’re almost certain you’ve found a clue scrawled on the first page of schematics. With the thoughts of reuniting with Stream spurring you on you nervously thumb Chinchou’s index number into the keypad. Jamming 170 your smile widens with success as the blinking red light switches to green. Twisting the handle your ears prick to the subtle clicking, the sound of gushing water shortly blocking out all sound - the hinges creaking as the door budges open. Breaking into the G2 Power Turbine you were stood on a long metal platform several meters above the rapid stream. You notice on the other side of the stream an identical length of platform, the two a good six foot apart and impossible to cross between. Your eyes quickly travel down the room, the fast flowing current churning into a turbine that was spinning rapidly. Fixed above the turbine was a copper rotor, giant electromagnets spinning within it creating a flow of electrons that were being pumped to the main generator. You watch the sparks of electricity dance up and down the rotor with piqued curiosity, until arguing voices quickly send you on high alert.

    “Ereki! Ere Ere!”
    “Erekid! Ere!”

    The squabbling emanating from the other side of the vicinity seems to be coming from behind the generator. You budge closer to the left in hopes of seeing into the blind spot, a pair of striped yellow Pokémon panning into view. You notice they’d dismantled part of the machine and had jabbed one of the spark plugs into a Magikarp. Judging by the smoke blowing from its fried scales and the aroma of tasty cod you quickly work out the two Elekid were grilling the koi for dinner. One of the juveniles thumps the other on the head, waving at the carp as if to say he’s overcooked it. The Electric Pokémon snaps back, snatching the spark plug from out of the Magikarp’s side and holding it over its head. Panic courses through your veins as the other Eelekid brandishes a fresh butterflyfish... it was Stream! Unconscious in its mitts, he’d soon be made into a meal if you didn’t act fast. The stream was too wide to cross yourself, but maybe you could throw a Pokéball or two across to defuse the situation. What will you do?

    For the intents and purposes of this adventure I won’t be letting you just recall Stream to his Pokéball :P Imagine the Elekid would move in the way of the capture beam on any attempt.

    Crater Lake

    Itzatrap: You can’t help but wonder if you’re cut out for ranch work as the Blitzle slips out of your fingers and canters toward the gates to freedom. This fleeting feeling of doubt quickly passes however as you wield another Pokéball, taking aim and launching it ahead of the galloping zebra. The red-white sphere spins through the hot air, crashing to the ground as Keane makes his comeback. As Bolt made a dash for the gates he was Quickly cut off by the Scyther who appeared ahead of the gate in a green blur. Wings churning, the praying mantis stretches its blades wide in a show intimidation rather than Attack. The foal neighs in shock as it pulls a U-turn back toward Olli. The Chimchar readies himself, jumping into a Wheel as his body combusts in Flames. Speeding down the field leaving a track of flames in his wake the ape makes contact with Blitzle, only to be Kicked in the gut by his right hoof. Olli yelps as the zebra socks him with the left hoof sending him careering into the steeple like a football, doubling over on the earth as his flames snuff into cinders. The equine scuffs the floor with his hoof before breaking into a Charge, sparks of electricity flying Wildly down his rump as he picks up momentum. Chimchar manages to lift himself up, stumbling tipsily as he regains his bearings. Olli strains ahead, a yellowish blur coming into focus giving him a split second to fire off a Flamethrower. The stream of boosted inferno engulfs the foal, the corral feeling like a hot furnace as you edge a safe distance away. When the smoke clears you spot Olli panting in fatigue, quickly finding Bolt who’s teetering on the brink of a knockout. The zebra stands charred from head to hoof in raw blisters, staring down its foe stubbornly. The old farmer throws you out of focus with an encouraging slap on the back, “You’ve got him kid, just make sure the chimp makes him know whose boss and then clinch it by getting him to saddle up”
    Last edited by Emp; 29th August 2012 at 11:59 AM.

  21. #296
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: After poring through the blueprints you’re almost certain you’ve found a clue scrawled on the first page of schematics. With the thoughts of reuniting with Stream spurring you on you nervously thumb Chinchou’s index number into the keypad. Jamming 170 your smile widens with success as the blinking red light switches to green. Twisting the handle your ears prick to the subtle clicking, the sound of gushing water shortly blocking out all sound - the hinges creaking as the door budges open. Breaking into the G2 Power Turbine you were stood on a long metal platform several meters above the rapid stream. You notice on the other side of the stream an identical length of platform, the two a good six foot apart and impossible to cross between. Your eyes quickly travel down the room, the fast flowing current churning into a turbine that was spinning rapidly. Fixed above the turbine was a copper rotor, giant electromagnets spinning within it creating a flow of electrons that were being pumped to the main generator. You watch the sparks of electricity dance up and down the rotor with piqued curiosity, until arguing voices quickly send you on high alert.

    “Ereki! Ere Ere!”
    “Erekid! Ere!”

    The squabbling emanating from the other side of the vicinity seems to be coming from behind the generator. You budge closer to the left in hopes of seeing into the blind spot, a pair of striped yellow Pokémon panning into view. You notice they’d dismantled part of the machine and had jabbed one of the spark plugs into a Magikarp. Judging by the smoke blowing from its fried scales and the aroma of tasty cod you quickly work out the two Elekid were grilling the koi for dinner. One of the juveniles thumps the other on the head, waving at the carp as if to say he’s overcooked it. The Electric Pokémon snaps back, snatching the spark plug from out of the Magikarp’s side and holding it over its head. Panic courses through your veins as the other Eelekid brandishes a fresh butterflyfish... it was Stream! Unconscious in its mitts, he’d soon be made into a meal if you didn’t act fast. The stream was too wide to cross yourself, but maybe you could throw a Pokéball or two across to defuse the situation. What will you do?

    For the intents and purposes of this adventure I won’t be letting you just recall Stream to his Pokéball :P Imagine the Elekid would move in the way of the capture beam on any attempt.
    Alright, I'll keep that in mind, though Melissa will definitely try. :P

    At the sight of the blinking red light turning green, Melissa smiled, turned the door's handle, and pushed the door in, hearing the click of the door for a moment before the sound of rushing water washed over her. She found herself on a platform several meters above the rushing water with another platform on the other side of a six-foot gap. The teen immediately looked into the river, tracing its path back to the spinning turbine and the apparatus above it, though she didn't spot her Pokemon anywhere in the water. The sparks of electricity dancing up and down the copper rotor caught her attention for a moment and she stared at it, mesmerized, until a pair of voices broke her out of her daze.

    The voices seemed to be coming from the other side of the generator, so the teen edged left to peer around the structure, spotting a pair of Elekid on the other side. She noticed that they'd taken apart part of the machine and had jabbed something at a Magikarp. From the smoke rising from the fish and the traces of cooked cod that she could catch, she figured the thing had ended up cooking the Magikarp. She watched as one of them hit the other over the head and it looked like he was yelling at the other one about overcooking it. The second one snapped back and pulled out the spark plug, but what the first Elekid pulled out next had her heart practically stuttering to a stop. It had Stream!

    Her eyes darted towards the cooked Magikarp and her first instinct was to find a way across to physically help rescue her Pokemon. A glance at the still-six-foot gap sent a combined rush of panic and anger throughout her body. She turned a glare at the two Electric types; there was no way in hell she was going to let them eat her Pokemon.

    She snatched his Pokeball from her waist and tried to bring him back, but all that did was bring the pair's attention to her. With a snarl and a glare at them, she glanced at Wildfire, gaze softening at the sight of her starter. She kept one eye on the fish-eaters, as she asked, "You feeling up for another battle, Wildfire?"

    He tilted his head in confusion and returned with a "Qui-il. Quil, quil?"

    She sighed. "Stream's unconscious and there's a pair of Elekid over there, about to cook him up."

    At the information, the Cyndaquil clambered out of her jacket and up to her left shoulder, so he could flare his flames out in anger. "Cyn-da-quil! Quil, quil! Cyn! Da! Quil!" he yelled angrily at the Elekid on the other side, the echidna quivering with restrained fury.

    Melissa smirked at his response. "I'll take that as a yes."

    She set him down and pulled off his Pokeball, but he stopped her for a moment. "Qui-il, cyn-da-quil," he told her and she nodded, taking off another Pokeball from her belt. She tapped him with the first Pokeball, turning him into a blaze of red energy, before she stood up and turned back to the other platform. Sending the two Elekid a vicious grin, she tossed the two Pokeballs to the other side, materializing Wildfire and Mar on the other side of the divide.

    "Wildfire, use Aerial Ace on the one holding Stream and use Quick Attack to return to Mar's side. Mar, use Harden while Wildfire's getting Stream and then be ready to use Shadow Claw to cover Wildfire's back," she called out to them, eyes blazing at the prospect of getting back at the Elekid. It didn't really matter to her that the two were probably just doing what they always did; they had brought her Pokemon into danger and she was going to do everything she could to rescue him. She then commented thoughtfully to herself, her sharpened gaze never leaving the double battle, "It's too bad we don't have any dirt in here; that would have made everything much easier."

  22. #297
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    520

    Default Whale Island - 21

    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: With stream about to be fried and eaten you quickly wrack up a rescue plan, prizing a Pokéball and recalling Wildfire. With the waterway too wide to cross yourself, you chuck the two spheres over to the other platform. Cracking open with a burst of light, the two quadrupeds switch into battle stances as they stare down the electric double act. Wildfire’s back erupts in flames as he lets off a pitchy squeal, meanwhile Mar eyes up the metal constructs with a hungrily before growling at the Elekid brandishing his teammate. The two Electric Pokémon snigger as they edge forward, eager for a punch-up as sparks dart between their horns. You suddenly spot a subtle difference in the juvenile’s skin tones; one was categorically paler than the other. You volley off a set of orders, drowned out somewhat by the racket of gushing water, and the two monsters spring into action. First off the bat Wildfire pounces forward in an Aerial manoeuvre rAcing for the front most Elekid and pouncing into his tummy. The plug Pokémon is slinks back as the Finneon slips out of his hold and starts floundering through the air. Your eyes follow the fish with your heart pounding wildly, the paler Elekid managing to catch the fish before it can fall into the river.

    As relief washes over you, you fix your attention back to the brawl ahead. A hair’s distance from the electric fighters, Wildfire looks to make a quick getaway. The Elekid’s arms whirl as it generates electricity, flailing its fist in a Thunder Punch. The echidna manages to Quickly escape from the Attack’s range skedaddling down the side of the platform and coming to a halt behind the metal monster. Mar holds his ground, his carapace shining intensely as he Hardens his battle armour. On the other side of the platform, the paler Elekid had propped up a Light Screen out of thin air, the pane of glass sandwiched between the opponents. Not wasting any time the other juvenile starts spinning his arms again, churning up more voltage as he tackles forward with another Thunder Punch. The Aron’s foot glistens like a dark Night, swiping at the Elekid with a Slash just as he’s cuffed in the jaw by the electrical wallop. The two break apart, Aron skidding back a few inches as sparks flew up and down his shell whilst the Elekid tumbles rearward falling behind the Light Screen. The paler Elekid tails off the round, generating a flurry of Swift stars which pepper against the two fighters for a decent hit, meanwhile flourishing the comatose Finneon in a protective grasp. What will you do?
    Last edited by Emp; 29th August 2012 at 1:47 PM.

  23. #298
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Rainbow Reef

    Trainer Andy & Dark Searchman: Just as the lamprey looked down for the count, danger shot back with a vengeance giving you a split second to react. Hyrem suggests they sync up attacks and Andy follows suit, the two fish Pokémon staring down their enemy who was homing in with no telling which Pokémon the eel would strike. The crawdad crosses its pincers and starts to Harden its battle armour, glistening as it becomes more fortified. Meanwhile, Delilah goes for evasive manoeuvres, floundering out of sight before she could get throttled by the electric boogaloo. The pre-emptive dodge wasn’t needed as the Eelektik homes into Kray. Flattening him like a steamroller in a burst of voltage it’s only his raised defences that keep him hanging on by the skin of his teeth. The fried lobster locks eyes with the angler fish as the two move in for a counter strike. Ricocheting off the creaky floorboards the two jet forward with the power of a cascading Waterfall behind them. Spiralling around each other at mach speed, the two rocket into the lamprey for a devastating blow. The eel slinks into the floorboards, splintering a few meters of wood before coming to a stop. Teetering on the brink the Pokémon’s patters start flickering like a old light bulb, his gills flaring from fatigue. You can see the desperation in its glare as it rips from the parquet in a last ditch attempt to take down its prey. The lamprey starts bouncing off the walls wildly, Thrashing its tail about with the last of its energy. It manages to cuff Delilah who winces in pain before demolishing into another wall weakening the ship’s structural integrity. The two Pokémon share a nod, deciding it high time to put the Eelektrik out of its misery. Waving their arms in unison they channel a huge Surf which arcs down ship, the sheer power of the current almost sucking you two in. As it ploughs down the room it only adds to the destruction, pieces of splintered wood flying everywhere and the whole structure threatening to collapse. Finally the wave crashes on its target, the eel’s lights going out signalling a clean KO Level up for Kray and Delilah!

    You quickly share a high-five before until the creaking of the boat reminds you you’re not out of trouble just yet. However, the unease coursing through both your bodies now couldn’t hold a candle to the emotions to come. A maniacal laughter rings through the headset, coaxing you both to turn around to face Briney. He had a mad look in his eyes as his hand jealously dangled over the Red Orb, he seemed to be looking for just the right moment to prize it... “It was my grandpa who got me off the hook”, he starts as you share a look of confusion, “The great Briney the first. He was the one who caught me smuggling stolen goods from Rustboro to Slateport. I told him I got sucked into Team Aqua’s ideals, that I didn’t know what I was getting into when I joined up”. And like that, realisation comes on you like a crashing wave. The Red Orb that’d sunken this ship was the one of great legend. And the man who’d mentored you through the cruise activities was an evil criminal bent on using it for no good. The man quickly stifles any thoughts or exchanged glances as he boastfully continues, “Of course, the old fool believed me. And whilst the rest of Team Aqua are rotting in jail I’m here. Face to face with the legendary Red Orb! I and I alone shall fulfil their mission and expand the world’s oceans! KYOGRE SHALL BE MINE!”

    Fear echoes through the quickly collapsing shipwreck as Briney locks his fingers around the lustrous sphere. On his touch the orb explodes in a burst of red light, your eyes jamming shut on instinct to block out the blinding flare. Squinting ahead with all your efforts you catch Briney rising through the water, his eyes smouldering scarlet as ancient runes surfaced on his skin. The ruby orb was pulsing light a heartbeat, and as the beating got faster it suddenly gave off a shockwave of energy. You both share a tingling sensation as it breaks through the deck and ripples out into the ocean like a homing beacon. Driftwood starts raining from the sky as the vessel shakes violently, a cloud of dust obscuring your view to nothing but a scarlet silhouette which you have to filter out as the structure starts to collapse. Andy’s eyes dart frantically through the dust for the exit, but it had been closed off by debris. Hyrem’s eyes dart toward a fissure in the ceiling and signals Andy in tow as he heads toward it. Swimming faster than their arms and legs could carry them they manage to break through the threshold just before it collapsed on itself. Briney had fled the scene, but you had a bigger problem on your hands. Andy attempts to speak through his headset, but all Hyrem hears is a desperate splutter. Turning his attention to the trainer, Hyrem’s heart skips a beat. There was a huge puncture in Andy’s oxygen tank, his dial quickly diving into critical levels. Hundreds of feet below the surface you’d need to get swimming and fast!


    With determination and the combined power of their Pokemon on their side the decisive blow was finally dealt to the Eelektrik. A wave of relief washed over, causing his body to sag in exhaustion.

    "We did it..." Andy half laughed, almost in disbelief, "We did it!" He said again as a victorious high five was shared between the two Trainers

    A tired, battered looking Kray made his way to his Trainer's side, giving him a look that seemed to mean, "Did you ever doubt me?"

    "Level 11 now Kray," Andy smiled, patting his Pokemon on the head, "Keep this up and you'll be a Crawdaunt in no time." Andy was still smiling as he turned to Hyrem. "Delilah was great too, she's really...."

    Andy's compliment was cut short as the creaking of the old wreck brought them back to reality. The familiar uneasy, claustrophobic feeling began to creep back, ramped up even more when a mad cackling crackled into the headset. It wasn't coming from Hyrem, and it certainly wasn't himself, which caused Andy to quickly spin round to look at the only other member of their group, whom Andy had almost forgotten about in the chaos of the battle.

    Briney was over by the Skeleton, the one that had given Andy such a fright earlier, his hands outstretched, reaching for the red orb clasped in the corpses hand. His gaze was wild as his voice came again over the comms.

    “It was my grandpa who got me off the hook”, he starts as Andy and Hyrem share a look of confusion, “The great Briney the first. He was the one who caught me smuggling stolen goods from Rustboro to Slateport. I told him I got sucked into Team Aqua’s ideals, that I didn’t know what I was getting into when I joined up”. The realisation of what Briney was talking about almost knocked the wind out of Andy. The Red Orb that lay before them now was the one of legend, one that Andy had lay awake many nights reading about in his books. And now the man who’d brought them to this place was intent on using its power for his own, no doubt twisted, purposes. “Of course, the old fool believed me." Briney continued on his maniacal speech, "And whilst the rest of Team Aqua are rotting in jail I’m here. Face to face with the legendary Red Orb! I and I alone shall fulfil their mission and expand the world’s oceans! KYOGRE SHALL BE MINE!”

    With that the crooked Captain grasped the Orb, sending the blinding red flash throughout the rotting ship. Andy shielded his face with his hands, squeezing his eyes shut until the light seemed to dim. Squinting cautiously Andy catches sight of a figure that seemed to be bathed in the red light that had just spread from the Orb, it seems to exude from his body, glowing through his skin in peculiar patterns and glyphs. The Briney that he'd met on the beach after catching Kray seemed to be long gone now, lost to the power of the Orb, which now seemed to have come alive, pulsing and throbbing with mystical energy. Another wave of light spewed from the Orb, passing through the Trainers and the ship itself, out into the ocean beyond. The ship begins to shake sending dust, debri and driftwood flying in all directions, obscuring Andy's view of any way out. Luckily Hyrem seemed to have noticed something above and signalled for Andy to follow, which he did, kicking his legs with all his might as the ship began to collapse around them.

    "I don't see Briney anywhere." Andy said to Hyrem over the headset, "Maybe he... glrk" All of a sudden, Andy was finding it harder to breath, as if somebody filled his snorkelling mask with foam. Panic began to kick in as he began to flail wildly. It was then that he saw it, a puncture in his oxygen tank, which must have been caused by some of the loose debri from the ship. Andy tried his best to hold his breath and think of how he could plug the puncture, however the rising panic made it hard to him to think straight. He looked to Hyrem with fear in his eyes, his fellow Trainer seemed to also noticed Andy's predicament.

    Andy could only think of one thing to do, swim as fast as he could and hope he could hold his breath until the got closer to the surface. It wasn't the best plan, but it was all he could manage in his current panic-stricken state.

    "Swim... hurry..." was all he could manage, the depleting oxygen levels making even this a struggle. If Hyrem had any better ideas, he would gladly hear them.

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  24. #299
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: With stream about to be fried and eaten you quickly wrack up a rescue plan, prizing a Pokéball and recalling Wildfire. With the waterway too wide to cross yourself, you chuck the two spheres over to the other platform. Cracking open with a burst of light, the two quadrupeds switch into battle stances as they stare down the electric double act. Wildfire’s back erupts in flames as he lets off a pitchy squeal, meanwhile Mar eyes up the metal constructs with a hungrily before growling at the Elekid brandishing his teammate. The two Electric Pokémon snigger as they edge forward, eager for a punch-up as sparks dart between their horns. You suddenly spot a subtle difference in the juvenile’s skin tones; one was categorically paler than the other. You volley off a set of orders, drowned out somewhat by the racket of gushing water, and the two monsters spring into action. First off the bat Wildfire pounces forward in an Aerial manoeuvre rAcing for the front most Elekid and pouncing into his tummy. The plug Pokémon is slinks back as the Finneon slips out of his hold and starts floundering through the air. Your eyes follow the fish with your heart pounding wildly, the paler Elekid managing to catch the fish before it can fall into the river.

    As relief washes over you, you fix your attention back to the brawl ahead. A hair’s distance from the electric fighters, Wildfire looks to make a quick getaway. The Elekid’s arms whirl as it generates electricity, flailing its fist in a Thunder Punch. The echidna manages to Quickly escape from the Attack’s range skedaddling down the side of the platform and coming to a halt behind the metal monster. Mar holds his ground, his carapace shining intensely as he Hardens his battle armour. On the other side of the platform, the paler Elekid had propped up a Light Screen out of thin air, the pane of glass sandwiched between the opponents. Not wasting any time the other juvenile starts spinning his arms again, churning up more voltage as he tackles forward with another Thunder Punch. The Aron’s foot glistens like a dark Night, swiping at the Elekid with a Slash just as he’s cuffed in the jaw by the electrical wallop. The two break apart, Aron skidding back a few inches as sparks flew up and down his shell whilst the Elekid tumbles rearward falling behind the Light Screen. The paler Elekid tails off the round, generating a flurry of Swift stars which pepper against the two fighters for a decent hit, meanwhile flourishing the comatose Finneon in a protective grasp. What will you do?
    The teen gritted her teeth when Stream was sent flying. Well, she definitely wasn't going to try to get him before the two were knocked-out, again; Wildfire wasn't fast enough to steal the Finneon. She relaxed when Wildfire made it back behind Mar, dodging the Thunder Punch at the same time. She saw Mar's metal shine as he Hardened, but was distracted by the pane of glass popping up between the two sides. A Light Screen, huh? she thought, shaking her head. Well, that was fine with her. The Elekid wound up another Thunder Punch and Mar met it with a Shadow Claw, both Pokemon skidding backwards from the hits. That was when she noticed something odd about the Elekid. One of them was paler than the other. As the flurry of Swift stars peppered her Pokemon, she pulled out her Pokedex and brought up the picture of Elekid, glancing between it and the pair on the other platform.

    "Huh. Well, wha'd'you know? It's a shiny," she commented, stowing the Pokedex in her pocket. "Not that it matters." She refocused on the battle, eyes scanning the situation. "If they want to make this physical, I can make this physical," she muttered, before calling over to her Pokemon to issue her next orders, "Mar, use Headbutt to bring down that barrier and prepare a Metal Claw for their reply. Wildfire, send a Crush Claw their way and then an Ember if they follow you as you back up to Mar."

  25. #300
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine's Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: Escaping a water grave by the skin of your teeth, a sensation of guilt crashes over you when Aegis doesn’t resurface. You lunge back through the watery threshold, straining down the subsurface until you spot the shark vigorously jostling the turtle trying to shake him out of his carapace. With the shell not staying still long enough for you to get a good aim, you decide to head back down after him, brandishing another Pokéball for reinforcement. The ball bursts open in your hands, Livewire floundering from the burst of light and veering deeper into the ride’s scenery on your command. The Sharpedo was too preoccupied ravaging it victim to spot the flatfish coming, and as his shadow casts over it it’s too late. The Stunfisk sniggers mischievously, slapping onto the shark’s hammerhead and releasing an eruption of Earth Power. A quick blast as the three separate gives you a split second to act. You grip both Pokéballs in each hand, biting your lip in concentration as you take aim for Livewire and Aegis. Two bolts of red light cross paths as they arc down the murky depths, hitting the Water Pokémon and vacuuming them to safety. With your adrenaline waning you start to gasp for air again. The surface wasn’t far but you were exhausted, a stitch growing in your chest as you powered upward. Before you can reach the surface a last choke of air escapes your mouth, bubbles rising upward as the scenery starts to fade out of view. Water filling with lungs, your oxygen starved brain quickly coaxes you out of consciousness...

    You felt a pounding on your chest, water running up your throat and spilling from your mouth. You roll onto your front and start to cough, spluttering as much of the salty water you could muster. When your throat eases you take a look around, you were lied on a stretcher in a white medical tent, and a trainer with brown hair tied in a ponytail smiling down at you. “Almost thought ya wouldn’t make it”, she grins, “When Raine rescued the lil tyke it took him a while to realise ya’d gone back under! I’m Terri by the way, Raine’s missus.” You sit up in silence, painful flashes of the day’s event flooding back into view. Team Aqua activists had tried sabotaging the wildlife reserve twice now, and a feeling of unease swirls through your stomach like seasickness. The wildlife trainer seems to read your expression, “Don’t worry mate. We caught a bandana’d fella near the rollercoaster who confessed to everything. He’s in our custody until the police get here. Not to mention we only have the Shamu show left and those thugs wouldn’t stand a chance with Raine around! You should catch a seat now, not long ‘till the show starts!” Not managing to fully ease your troubled mind you quickly take to your feet, not feeling comfortable sat put in a medical tent. The woman sends you another smile before you head off through the white curtains greeted by warm rays of sunshine. Spinning around in awe you soak in the amazing panorama of Shamu Stadium. You were stood in the arena, a mammoth sized tank just ahead and fenced off by the stands which you could only imagine held thousands. The first few rows of bleachers had the words ‘SPLASH ZONE’ scrawled on the benches; you’d have to remember to give it a wide birth if you could. Circling the stadium you come to a standstill at a stairway leading into the pool. A man was stood at the edge of the tank, his black wetsuit shimmering in the sun’s rays.

    “G’day, mate!” Raine twists around to face you, “The missus was mighty worried about ya’, but I knew you’d pull through. Fancy meeting Shamu before the big show?” Without an answer the blond brandishes a Wailord-shaped whistle dangling from his neck and starts to blow down it. Your ears strain for a noise but you don’t hear anything. Suddenly, a low bellow breaks through the water and you make out the silhouette of the biggest Pokémon you’d ever seen. The blimp-like whale sails through the water with its pectoral fins propelling it upwards. You almost slip off the pedestal in panic as the Wailord grows larger than you could imagine. Water runs off its head as it breaks through the surface as it shoots a jet from its blowhole, but you could sense something was wrong. Shamu’s beady black eyes were glazed with a sickly complexion as his cheeks coloured a shade of green. The whale moaned as it rolled onto its back, a sudden belch almost knocking you off your feet. You have to pinch your nose as the clear blue water dyes a nasty yellow, the Wailord heaving up his lunch. Trying not to make eye contact with the drifting chunk of Remoraid you look toward Raine who looks completely taken aback, “I don’t know what’s come over him... How’s he gunna perform like this?” Perhaps you had something handy to cure the food poisoning. What will you do?


    Surprisingly, Joshua's plan went off without a hitch. Livewire's Earth Power had been strong enough to blast Sharpedo with enough force to free Aegis. But, it had its repercussions. Joshua hadn't managed to gather enough adrenaline and oxygen to stay underwater for all that time, and just as he approached the surface, he lost consciousness and began to sink again...

    ---

    Oh God... I'm dead, aren't I? I drowned in the tank... Right? Well, not exactly. Joshua was awoken by a pounding on his chest and sudden rush of water from his lungs. He rolled on to his front, coughing furiously to get the last of the salt water out. It was disgusting, and yet somehow, his throat felt much more clear all of a sudden. Huh. He could probably sing beautifully now. Wait, this was what he was thinking right now? He was ALIVE. He, and many others could've died on that rollercoaster. But he was alive. Only just, but still.

    “Almost thought ya wouldn’t make it!" Oh my God, a mermaid. That's how I'm alive, a mermaid saved me. “When Raine rescued the lil tyke it took him a while to realise ya’d gone back under! I’m Terri by the way, Raine’s missus,” continued the woman who had been speaking to him. Raine married a mermaid? Seems logical for a sailor... I guess Billy's ok too, thank goodness for that. Joshua got up, looking at the woman in more detail. Specifically, whether she had scales or a tail. Apparently not. One of those mermaids that took human form on land then? This was getting silly now. He had more important things to deal with right now - Team Aqua had now sabotaged two attractions, and more were almost certainly to follow... But Terri seemed to read his mind. Maybe that was a mermaid power. “Don’t worry mate. We caught a bandana’d fella near the rollercoaster who confessed to everything. He’s in our custody until the police get here. Not to mention we only have the Shamu show left and those thugs wouldn’t stand a chance with Raine around! You should catch a seat now, not long ‘till the show starts!” Somehow, Joshua wasn't so sure that something wouldn't happen anyway. He decided to remain on guard... And perhaps have a talk with Raine. He burned with anger for this supposed protest, especially after it had almost killed innocent people. That crossed a serious line. Team Aqua, as far as he was concerned, were nothing more than terrorists. And he was going to make them pay, by hook or by crook. Joshua said a quick goodbye to the mermaid and walked out into the sunshine. Hopefully he'd warm up in it soon. Somehow, he'd wound up in the arena Shamu Stadium. The mermaid brought him here of all places? Well, there was Raine himself, looking as chipper as ever.

    "G’day, mate! The missus was mighty worried about ya’, but I knew you’d pull through. Fancy meeting Shamu before the big show?” The answer of course was a resounding yes, but Raine wasn't waiting for it. He blew a whistle to call it, and slowly but surely, the great Wailord rose to the surface, and water erupted from its blowhole. What a majestic creature... Though it was clearly unwell. “I don’t know what’s come over him... How’s he gunna perform like this?” Something about this stank of Aqua, and it wasn't just the vomit now filling Shamu's tank, perhaps the single most revolting thing Joshua had ever seen... Or smelt. Was there anything he could do? Well, he had a couple of Potions in his backpack, as well as some Lum Berries. Maybe those could help?

    "I've got a couple of things in my pack," he said, pinching his nose, "Maybe a Potion or Lum Berry could cure it? As a side note, next time Aqua shows up today, and I know they will... I'm helping out. They almost killed me and so many others today. Raine, let me help you fight them off if it comes to it. I'd like a little payback."
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •