Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Rainbow Reef

Trainer Andy & Dark Searchman: Just as the lamprey looked down for the count, danger shot back with a vengeance giving you a split second to react. Hyrem suggests they sync up attacks and Andy follows suit, the two fish Pokémon staring down their enemy who was homing in with no telling which Pokémon the eel would strike. The crawdad crosses its pincers and starts to Harden its battle armour, glistening as it becomes more fortified. Meanwhile, Delilah goes for evasive manoeuvres, floundering out of sight before she could get throttled by the electric boogaloo. The pre-emptive dodge wasn’t needed as the Eelektik homes into Kray. Flattening him like a steamroller in a burst of voltage it’s only his raised defences that keep him hanging on by the skin of his teeth. The fried lobster locks eyes with the angler fish as the two move in for a counter strike. Ricocheting off the creaky floorboards the two jet forward with the power of a cascading Waterfall behind them. Spiralling around each other at mach speed, the two rocket into the lamprey for a devastating blow. The eel slinks into the floorboards, splintering a few meters of wood before coming to a stop. Teetering on the brink the Pokémon’s patters start flickering like a old light bulb, his gills flaring from fatigue. You can see the desperation in its glare as it rips from the parquet in a last ditch attempt to take down its prey. The lamprey starts bouncing off the walls wildly, Thrashing its tail about with the last of its energy. It manages to cuff Delilah who winces in pain before demolishing into another wall weakening the ship’s structural integrity. The two Pokémon share a nod, deciding it high time to put the Eelektrik out of its misery. Waving their arms in unison they channel a huge Surf which arcs down ship, the sheer power of the current almost sucking you two in. As it ploughs down the room it only adds to the destruction, pieces of splintered wood flying everywhere and the whole structure threatening to collapse. Finally the wave crashes on its target, the eel’s lights going out signalling a clean KO Level up for Kray and Delilah!

You quickly share a high-five before until the creaking of the boat reminds you you’re not out of trouble just yet. However, the unease coursing through both your bodies now couldn’t hold a candle to the emotions to come. A maniacal laughter rings through the headset, coaxing you both to turn around to face Briney. He had a mad look in his eyes as his hand jealously dangled over the Red Orb, he seemed to be looking for just the right moment to prize it... “It was my grandpa who got me off the hook”, he starts as you share a look of confusion, “The great Briney the first. He was the one who caught me smuggling stolen goods from Rustboro to Slateport. I told him I got sucked into Team Aqua’s ideals, that I didn’t know what I was getting into when I joined up”. And like that, realisation comes on you like a crashing wave. The Red Orb that’d sunken this ship was the one of great legend. And the man who’d mentored you through the cruise activities was an evil criminal bent on using it for no good. The man quickly stifles any thoughts or exchanged glances as he boastfully continues, “Of course, the old fool believed me. And whilst the rest of Team Aqua are rotting in jail I’m here. Face to face with the legendary Red Orb! I and I alone shall fulfil their mission and expand the world’s oceans! KYOGRE SHALL BE MINE!”

Fear echoes through the quickly collapsing shipwreck as Briney locks his fingers around the lustrous sphere. On his touch the orb explodes in a burst of red light, your eyes jamming shut on instinct to block out the blinding flare. Squinting ahead with all your efforts you catch Briney rising through the water, his eyes smouldering scarlet as ancient runes surfaced on his skin. The ruby orb was pulsing light a heartbeat, and as the beating got faster it suddenly gave off a shockwave of energy. You both share a tingling sensation as it breaks through the deck and ripples out into the ocean like a homing beacon. Driftwood starts raining from the sky as the vessel shakes violently, a cloud of dust obscuring your view to nothing but a scarlet silhouette which you have to filter out as the structure starts to collapse. Andy’s eyes dart frantically through the dust for the exit, but it had been closed off by debris. Hyrem’s eyes dart toward a fissure in the ceiling and signals Andy in tow as he heads toward it. Swimming faster than their arms and legs could carry them they manage to break through the threshold just before it collapsed on itself. Briney had fled the scene, but you had a bigger problem on your hands. Andy attempts to speak through his headset, but all Hyrem hears is a desperate splutter. Turning his attention to the trainer, Hyrem’s heart skips a beat. There was a huge puncture in Andy’s oxygen tank, his dial quickly diving into critical levels. Hundreds of feet below the surface you’d need to get swimming and fast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Andy View Post
    With determination and the combined power of their Pokemon on their side the decisive blow was finally dealt to the Eelektrik. A wave of relief washed over, causing his body to sag in exhaustion.

"We did it..." Andy half laughed, almost in disbelief, "We did it!" He said again as a victorious high five was shared between the two Trainers

A tired, battered looking Kray made his way to his Trainer's side, giving him a look that seemed to mean, "Did you ever doubt me?"

"Level 11 now Kray," Andy smiled, patting his Pokemon on the head, "Keep this up and you'll be a Crawdaunt in no time." Andy was still smiling as he turned to Hyrem. "Delilah was great too, she's really...."

Andy's compliment was cut short as the creaking of the old wreck brought them back to reality. The familiar uneasy, claustrophobic feeling began to creep back, ramped up even more when a mad cackling crackled into the headset. It wasn't coming from Hyrem, and it certainly wasn't himself, which caused Andy to quickly spin round to look at the only other member of their group, whom Andy had almost forgotten about in the chaos of the battle.

Briney was over by the Skeleton, the one that had given Andy such a fright earlier, his hands outstretched, reaching for the red orb clasped in the corpses hand. His gaze was wild as his voice came again over the comms.

“It was my grandpa who got me off the hook”, he starts as Andy and Hyrem share a look of confusion, “The great Briney the first. He was the one who caught me smuggling stolen goods from Rustboro to Slateport. I told him I got sucked into Team Aqua’s ideals, that I didn’t know what I was getting into when I joined up”. The realisation of what Briney was talking about almost knocked the wind out of Andy. The Red Orb that lay before them now was the one of legend, one that Andy had lay awake many nights reading about in his books. And now the man who’d brought them to this place was intent on using its power for his own, no doubt twisted, purposes. “Of course, the old fool believed me." Briney continued on his maniacal speech, "And whilst the rest of Team Aqua are rotting in jail I’m here. Face to face with the legendary Red Orb! I and I alone shall fulfil their mission and expand the world’s oceans! KYOGRE SHALL BE MINE!”

With that the crooked Captain grasped the Orb, sending the blinding red flash throughout the rotting ship. Andy shielded his face with his hands, squeezing his eyes shut until the light seemed to dim. Squinting cautiously Andy catches sight of a figure that seemed to be bathed in the red light that had just spread from the Orb, it seems to exude from his body, glowing through his skin in peculiar patterns and glyphs. The Briney that he'd met on the beach after catching Kray seemed to be long gone now, lost to the power of the Orb, which now seemed to have come alive, pulsing and throbbing with mystical energy. Another wave of light spewed from the Orb, passing through the Trainers and the ship itself, out into the ocean beyond. The ship begins to shake sending dust, debri and driftwood flying in all directions, obscuring Andy's view of any way out. Luckily Hyrem seemed to have noticed something above and signalled for Andy to follow, which he did, kicking his legs with all his might as the ship began to collapse around them.

"I don't see Briney anywhere." Andy said to Hyrem over the headset, "Maybe he... glrk" All of a sudden, Andy was finding it harder to breath, as if somebody filled his snorkelling mask with foam. Panic began to kick in as he began to flail wildly. It was then that he saw it, a puncture in his oxygen tank, which must have been caused by some of the loose debri from the ship. Andy tried his best to hold his breath and think of how he could plug the puncture, however the rising panic made it hard to him to think straight. He looked to Hyrem with fear in his eyes, his fellow Trainer seemed to also noticed Andy's predicament.

Andy could only think of one thing to do, swim as fast as he could and hope he could hold his breath until the got closer to the surface. It wasn't the best plan, but it was all he could manage in his current panic-stricken state.

"Swim... hurry..." was all he could manage, the depleting oxygen levels making even this a struggle. If Hyrem had any better ideas, he would gladly hear them.
    This was an unpredictable Eelektrik... which Pokemon would it attack: Delilah or Kray? Well, Delilah made darn sure she was ready for Eelektrik's Wild Charge as her Volt Absorb ability was neutralized earlier. But it turned out Kray was the target; the only reason why the Corphish could survive such a powerful attack was because he had Hardened himself a few seconds before the Eelektrik collided into Kray with electricity coursing everywhere. It was a wonder Kray actually did survive; Hyrem was sure it would take more than a simple defensive move to survive that, it had to be Kray and his fighting spirit that helped him avoid a watery grave. Now it was their turn, and they would hit the EleFish hard with a double Waterfall attack. The combined upward currents send Eelektrik through more floorboards until it could stop itself. Now with its lights flickering... well, it started to get desperate. It bounced all over the old walls and even managed to hit Delilah in its speedy Thrashing before coming to a stop. Now was the time. Delilah and Kray time their movements together once again as they summon two more waves and combine them into one huge one. All Surf, no sand. And it crashes throughout the ship, taking wood and a bunch of other stuff, even almost taking the trainers with it, and sending it all straight into one target. Heh heh...Eelektrik didn't stand a chance against that.

Just like with the battle against Exeggutor, Hyrem could relax once again. "We did it..." he could hear Andy say. "Yeah... we did..." he heard himself respond.

"We did it!!" Andy said victoriously.

"Yeah! Awesome!" said Hyrem as the two trainers high-fived each other.

"Chou..." Delilah said weakly but happily, her lures also flickering, but still bright enough to lighten Hyrem's day as he took his Angler Pokemon and hugged her.

"You were great! Not only are you cute, you just took down a really tough Pokemon for someone of your level, with some help, of course. I knew I was right picking you over that Basculin!" he said to his still bright Chinchou. He started to gain a deep admiration for Eelektrik, though. It likely would've been a challenge for any of Hyrem's Pokemon, even Sera. Man, if I could have an Eelektrik of my own... he thought to himself.

CRRREEEAAAAAAKKKKK!!!!!

Whoops, I guess they stayed in that ship too long! They had to get themselves out of there-

"GHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" the crazed laughter resonates through Hyrem's headset and into his ears. He quickly turns toward the man who had been ignored throughout the battle:

"Briney? ...What's going on?" he asked. The captain's hand hovered over the bright red sphere held by the skeleton from earlier. He looked like he had just found the one thing that would change his life forever. Hyrem's first thought was that this was something that could be sold for millions, but it was so much more than that...

“It was my grandpa who got me off the hook,” Briney starts to say. Hyrem looks towards Andy, who was just as clueless as he was, then back to Briney. “The great Briney the first. He was the one who caught me smuggling stolen goods from Rustboro to Slateport. I told him I got sucked into Team Aqua’s ideals, that I didn’t know what I was getting into when I joined up.”

"Team Aqua...?" he started to ask... and then gasped. No... it couldn't be!

Hyrem's father had told him about countless adventures that he had in every region of the world, but it was his adventures in the Hoenn region that he would talk about most frequently. While there, he and his friends met up quite a few times with two shady organizations: Team Magma and Team Aqua. Team Magma wanted to expand the lands, while Team Aqua had plans to make the whole world wet and wild. This ultimately led up to a huge conflict between the two organizations in which each side had a powerful legendary Pokemon under their control; Team Magma had Groudon, and Team Aqua had Kyogre. (well, technically his friend's Pikachu had control of Groudon, but that's not relevant) And guess what Team Aqua used to control Kyogre? A Red Orb, and now that Hyrem was taking a good look at this rose-colored treasure, he could visualize the very magical sphere that could control the legendary Pokemon.

So this was Briney's true purpose. This was why he brought all these trainers on his cruise, why he had everyone go on this diving expedition... why Hyrem and Delilah are now good friends. All so one man could fulfill his evil intents.

Hyrem is snapped out of his thoughts as Briney continues: “Of course, the old fool believed me. And whilst the rest of Team Aqua are rotting in jail I’m here. Face to face with the legendary Red Orb! I and I alone shall fulfil their mission and expand the world’s oceans! KYOGRE SHALL BE MINE!”

The ship is enveloped in red light as Briney firmly grasps the Red Orb, and Hyrem has to shield his eyes to avoid being blinded. After that, he then sees Briney rise up, his eyes blood red and the rest of his body covered in ancient runes signifying his soul bonding with Kyogre's. Now a second wave pulses for what was probably miles, and the resulting shockwave ripples through Hyrem, creating an increased sense of fear in him. Well, no wonder, the ship was crumbling even faster now, and the cloud of debris that formed obscured everything save for a bright red figure continuing to rise through the deep waters.

That mattered, for sure, but the highest priority was getting out of a collapsing shipwreck. Andy tried the exit they came in, but that was blocked off; they kind of overdid things in the battle. Now Hyrem looks around... he spots something!

"Andy, look, the ceiling!" he shouts to the other trainer. The two trainers and their fish swim as fast as they can through the hole and just barely make it before the entire ship crumbles to the deep ground. Whatever happened to Slowpoke and Eelektrik was unknown.

"I don't see Briney anywhere." Hyrem could hear Andy say, "Maybe he... glrk"

"Andy? ...Oh no, ANDY!!" he shouted in horror.

You see, I don't know what could've ripped through Andy's oxygen tank like what Hyrem saw, but, sure enough, there was a huge gash that was all too easily seen. "Swim... hurry..." Andy struggled to say as he started swimming towards the surface, but there was no way he was going to make it alone.

"Delilah, Kray, you've gotta come help me quick!!" Hyrem said urgently as he swam up behind Andy and locked his arms around him, beneath his chest and above his waist, so Andy could swim along with him. As Hyrem starts paddling with his legs, he could see Delilah and what looked like Kray trying to pull Andy up as well.

Legs, don't stop! he thought to himself as he starts grimacing. Arms, don't lose your hold! He was so tired. "Delilah, Kray, give it all you've got!" he said out loud. He was asking so much of two Water Pokemon who were so battle weary already, who knows when their energy would give out? "Andy... hang in there!!" he then said with gritted teeth. He was running out of energy himself, but he knew any moment he took to stop and rest might cost Andy his life. The surface was so far away... Would they make it?

Level Up! Chinchou grew from Lv. 9 to Lv. 10!

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: Between the physical and emotional torture it’s hard to keep your anger in check. The mermaid manages to provoke a comeback as you jeer through bloody teeth. She leaves you with the empty echoes of laughter which you manage to siphon out focussing on the chase ahead. The two sharks were homing in on Ephraim and fast, it’d take all your battling prowess to shake two off at once. More blood splutters from your mouth as you volley orders to the dragon who nods curtly, stretching his dorsal fins as the two drifted into range. In an impressive show of speed one of the Sharpedo Jets forward like a bullet, spiraling into a cocoon of Aqua as it cuffs the seahorse in the chest. Meanwhile the second Sharpedo’s Skull flickered white as it joined into brawl, attempting to Bash into the Kingdra at mach speed. The dragon was primed for battle as he twisted rapidly on the spot, trapping the incoming torpedo in a powerful current. The Whirlpool quickly swells to full size sucking in the other Sharpedo, the two predators snapping aggressively as they endeavour to break free. Buying enough time Ephraim ducks out of the eddy and sets course toward you. You lift yourself off the ground as far as the shackles will stretch, fresh pain stemming from your chafing manacles as you gave the seahorse plenty of room to aim. Ephraim doesn’t need it, the unmatched marksman shoots a fine Pulse of Dragon energy from his muzzle with tenacious accuracy.

The blast lands on the link between your cuffs making them shatter apart and freeing you from your bounds. You feel the relief on your aching muscles as you stretch your arms forward for the first time, lifting off the ground in a naive sense of freedom. It’s only when you catch a glimpse of the waning whirlpool behind Ephraim that you switch back to your game face. One of the Sharpedo had ripped out of the eddy with a Aqua Jet, and the other was attempting to imitate this technique. The shark speeds forward, its Fangs bare and glistening with crystals of Ice energy. Ephraim loads aims and fires a powerful Octazooka, the stream of ink peppering the incoming Sharpedo and impairing its view. The Pokémon had picked up too much speed however, crashing into the Kingdra’s spiny body and ravaging blind with a frosty gnaw. By this point the second of the Sharpedo had broke free and was dizzily homing in on the action. It only had eyes for Ephraim, but stubborn on unleashing the beast within you recklessly dive forward. Your tailfin propels you into a charge and as the shark goes in for the seahorse you quickly intercept with a tackle. You can’t imagine who the ‘attack’ hurt more as you rub your temple in pain, the Pokémon’s Rough Skin like sandpaper on your scalp. You strain ahead lightheadedly - a blur of the Sharpedo speeding into focus. With its face scrunched up in Rage you have no time to dodge as it cuffs you in the stomach. All the wind seems to escape your gills as you bowl over in pain, trying your best to rasp together another string of orders. With your attempts at triggering an awakening proving fruitless, maybe you ought to leave the fighting to Ephraim... What will you do?
    Ephraim manages to trap the pair of sharks, though not without enduring a quick bash from one of them before that. Such speed! It was truly something to be wary of, and Balmund wondered how much the Kingdra's superb marksmanship would make up for that. At the very least it had managed to buy them enough time to free Balmund from his shackles, and though he knew it would hardly make a difference, he could at least attempt to play a more active part in this rather one-sided matchup.

The sharks are quick to free themselves from the powerful current summoned forth by Ephraim, and they charge, fangs beared, straight into seadragon. The Kingdra is quick to take aim and fires a powerful stream of ink towards one of the Sharpedo, but it had already gained too much momentum and rams into the Dragon-type, sinking its ice-coated fangs into his spiny body. The other one was already on its way to double up the pain for Ephraim, but it hadn't counted at all on Balmund's interferance, who quickly tackles it, propelled by his new tailfin. Truth to be told, Balmund wasn't sure how effective his attack actually was, and he found his head ringing and his scalp bleeding after making contact with the shark's Rough Skin. As expected, the Sharpedo rataliates in pure Rage, cuffing Balmund powerfully in the abdomen, forcing him to bend over in pain; he could almost feel the gash opening up again. Even in this new body, man was still no match for beast, but it wasn't like Balmund had any delusions of grandeur, no. He had accomplished what he wanted, to give Ephraim just enough breathing room to edge out victorious in this battle, even if it costed him his life. It was better to die trying, than not try at all. Despite the pain, he couldn't help grinning at this small victory. Maybe he had lost his mind, or maybe he was already drunk with the rush of battle he was so familiar with, though his usual opponents also tended to be human.

"Ephraim, shake it off with a point-blank Dragonbreath." He commanded to the Kingdra who still struggled to break free from the jaws of his opponent. The mist-flame of dragons was different from normal fire, and thus, not so easily quenchable by water. At this close range, it would hardly matter anyways. "Then with me! Dragon Pulse into a Draco Meteor!" Balmund remembered the teachings of his coach when dealing against multiple opponents. Always deal with only one of them at a time. This particular shark seemed to have taken the worst punishment so far. It was imperative to take him out at once! Balmund wasn't sure Ephraim could provide back up in time, but he was determined to fend off the enraged Sharpedo in the meantime. He may be no match for the fearsome predator in his current deplorable state, but fighting back was his best option so far. Attempting to run away would just inevitably end in failure. His thoughts turned to his tailfin, his newest acquisition, and also his newest weapon. Even moreso than normal legs, there was even a greater concentration of powerful muscles in his Gyarados-tail. Even Sharpedo would flinch from a good-slap from it. At worst, the shark would probably end up ripping a part of him out effortlessly, but it was still a good enough idea to try. Come at me, bro, Balmund though, I got a gift for you. He waited in growing anticipation.
    Last edited by Balmund; 29th August 2012 at 9:47 PM.

Default Whale Island - 22

Raine's Wildlife Park

Son of Shadows: You look into the glassy eyes of the sickly blue whale, your nose wrinkled as the stench of chum filled your nostrils and Raine sidled around helplessly. Your trainer instincts don’t fail you now as you quickly rummage through your inventory, plucking out a clove of Lum Berries known for curing status ailments. Whether this would do the trick remained to be seen, but as Raine gives you a ‘It’s worth a shot’ look you toss the green fruit into Shamu’s open mouth. Landing on the fold of his tongue which was as wide as a football net, the whale pivots back so it can slide down his gullet. You wondered if a higher dosage would be needed for such a huge mammal, but the effects kick in almost immediately. The Wailord’s greenish composure shifts to a navy blue, his eyes glistening and his mouth forming a wide grin - each tooth jutted out like a slab of concrete. Raine laughs in renewed excitement, slapping you on the back with all his appreciation. “Looks like the show will go ahead after all! You’d betta grab a seat whilst ya can mate. We’ll be gettin’ ready backstage!” You catch him rubbing his tummy as you make way to the bleachers, not taking too much notice as you find a seat with a good vantage.

Parked in the ‘Splash Zone’ with a perfect view of the whole tank you sit back for the first time all day, the idea of another terrorist attack gone astray in your subconscious as you get hyped for the big event. Admissions for the star show had opened as people of all ages started spilling into the arena, the lower benches packed with spectators whilst the stands further up offered a much roomier view. It becomes hard to hear your own thoughts as noisy kids litter the splash zone, one kid playing with a Wailord toy bearing a striking similarity to Billy – bringing on a flash of memories from the near-death experience. This seems to sharpen your senses, keeping your eyes peeled for anyone suspicious as the stadium filled to its maximum capacity. Even if there was an Aqua hooligan somewhere in the crowd he’d be impossible to pick out now. You fix back on the tank were two flatscreens flickered on above, sporting an animation of Shamu emerging from the foamy surf with a summersault as the crowd erupts with excitement. Music (00.00-01.00) fills the stadium courtesy of the surround sound, nudging you to the edge of your seat as the water starts churning with activity. Suddenly! A pod of Lanturn soar from the surface, their bulbs blinking Flashly as they wave their flippers at the audience. The fish do a full circuit of the tank with a recital of leaps, Dives and summersaults – one clearing at least twenty feet of air! You wave goodbye and whistle in admiration as the Lanturn tail-walk from the front of the tank to the back, disappearing to thunderous applause. Next up, the Wailmer Pod take centre stage. Like huge beach balls the Pokémon roll to the surface, Bouncing into the air and Splashing at the crowd who give off a mix of applause and screaming. Left speechless as the salty white spray rains down from above, you couldn’t have imagined you’d be soaked head to toe. Your t-shirt clings to your skin whilst the drops of rain running down your forehead manage to clog your vision. Rubbing water out of your eyes you spot Terri, balanced perfectly on a Wailmer’s nose who rafts her to the edge of the pool to another round of cheers. She takes a bow before tossing a handful of fresh Remoraid into each calf’s open mouth.

“And now ladies and gentlemen, the moment you’ve all been waiting for: The amazing Shamu!” the sea life trainer waves her hands with a flourish, the music reaching its climax and... Nothing happens. The music cuts and she looks around in confusion, “Ahem. The moment you’ve all been waiting for: The amazing Shamu!” Terri’s repetition doesn’t force any reaction out of the still waters. “One moment folks...” With that she rushes off behind stage and ruckus breaks out across the bleachers. You hear one person muttering that the old Wailord must be losing it in his old age, but you had a better theory. You’d sworn that if there was any more trouble with Team Aqua, you’d be the one to take them down. Maybe you ought to see what was going on backstage?

Ampere Beach

Dark Searchman & Trainer Andy: Stuck hundreds of feet below the surface with Andy’s oxygen reserves plunging to zero you had much more immediate problems to reckon with than an ex-Aqua convict. The odds were against you both, and the emptier the tank got the heavier it would be for Andy to lug. His eye’s dart around the fogged up snorkel in panic, Hyrem managing to keep a level head as he orders Delilah and Kray to watch their backs. With time cutting finer by the second there was nothing you could do but swim. Both breaking into front crawls you head toward the turquoise waters. The sea seems to get a few shades lighter as you leave the darkness of the deep sea trench, each lunge upward getting harder as pressure returned to normal. The suns rays broke through the turquoise waters like a homing beacon, and it was that you’d both focus on as you continued to gain altitude. With a fresh air supply Hyrem keeps shifting his eyes to check on Andy, focusing back ahead when he was sure the kid was okay. The Pokémon were equally concerned, Delilah nuzzling her way into the kid’s arms like a flotation device whilst Kray pinched his butt cheeks on the second to keep him from losing consciousness. You keep your eyes fixed on the blurred ball of light up ahead, shrugging over the school of Luvdisc that’d just swerved past and blocking out the high-frequency resonance of the Lanturn pod’s echolocation. Andy’s lungs crave the fresh air just a stretch ahead, each kick of his legs agonizing as a stitch seized a hold of his stomach. Andy starts feel lightheaded as consciousness starts to slip away, but clings desperately to the here and now. Just a few more lunges. Hyrem breaks through to the surface first, water running off his goggles as he snaps them onto his forehead. His heart skips a beat as he searches for Andy, who emerges from behind with an almighty gasp of air. You share a grin as Andy throws off his diving equipment, the punctured tank sinking back down to the bottom of the ocean.

As panic settled your eyes sweep across the rocky waves, spotting Ampere Beach a mile out. The two agree to head back, breaking into a breast stroke which is quickly stifled by a loud clap of thunder. Odd drips of rain land on your heads, rippling against the water in growing tempo. Before you know it you’re caught in the middle of a shower, dark clouds billowing over the clear blue sky. The churning thunderclouds eclipse the warm sun with a low rumble. It looked like a good time to swim back to shore, but the waves start to pick up in size, casting you both out further out. With a flash of lightning panic fills the air. As you redouble your escape efforts the surf become treacherous, crashing violently and pulling you under. You can’t help wondering if this was triggered by the Red Orb, but survival quickly becomes the only thing on both your minds as you find yourself caught in a massive tidal wave! Delilah and Kray are much lighter, jetting up to the arc of the wave whilst you both stayed weighted in its crest. You reach out to grab your Pokémon who’d be your best bet at getting out of this alive, but the wave quickly collapses on itself, bubbles streaming from your mouth as you start to lose consciousness...

Read Below

Trainer Andy: The muffled sound of breaking waves brings you out of your coma, salt water clogging your ears with your face half buried in sand. Rain was beating down hard, the cloudy sky painting the golden beach a dull monotone. Raising your head in confusion you take a fleeting look at the once crowded coast, the tourists no doubt driven away by the terrible weather conditions. Tipped sun loungers and slumps sand castles were all that remained of a perfect summer’s day. The thunderstorm seems to send memories flooding back in flashes and you suddenly start screaming for your friend. Jumping to your feet you scan the coast, running as fast as your legs could carry you toward the washed up body. Hyrem lay spread-eagled against the sand, Kray pinching his leg in hopes of triggering some sort of reaction whilst Delilah prodded him with mild jolts of her angler. His wetsuit was dishevelled and his oxygen tank had been cast away, he wasn’t breathing... You rush to the scene, batting away the crawdad and checking for a pulse. To your relief you feel a mild throbbing against your fingers as you wrap them against his neck. He was alive, but wouldn’t be for long if you didn’t act fast! What will you do?

Dark Searchman doesn’t need to reply to this update, but he’s free to recap up until he loses consciousness.

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: You run your fingers through your hair, gills flaring as the shark’s collision knocks all the wind out your lungs. As you powered through the scattered pain you bear in mind that taking out the Sharpedo one at a time would make the struggle a damn sight easier, and stick to your guns on posing a diversion. With enough air to cough up Ephraim’s orders, you fix back on the hungry predator with a dangerous smirk. With one of the Sharpedo latched onto the seahorse with an icy hold, he quickly pivots his neck so his muzzle is a hair’s distance from its dorsal fin. In a split second the dragon lets loose a point-blank flare of his Dragon Breath, scorching the shark on the nose its beady eyes welting in pain. The Sharpedo breaks away as fast as its fins allow, wheeling a safe distance away before U-Turning back with a Rage smouldering in its eyes. Bashing into the Kingdra’s torso he slides back a few feet, but your attention is elsewhere as you border toward the other Sharpedo. The shark doesn’t see you as much of a threat and lunges in for the kill. It takes all of your reflexes bat your tail upward, the fin’s flat surface difficult to swish in the water’s resistance. With a slap you hit the foe in its underbelly, and caught off guard he ducks down toward it and Bites. Sinking his teeth through the sails of your tailfin the sting isn’t as intense as anything from the waist up, but you can’t help but yank back in struggle. You’d need to be in one piece for whatever lay ahead.

Meanwhile, Ephraim relishes in the opportunity brought on by your antics, shooting off a Dragon Pulse which swats the shark in its pectoral fin and making it twist out of balance and snap in pain. The predator veers back on course, Rage building as it went in for another tackle at mach speed, this time clocking the seahorse in the cheek. Ephraim’s eyes squint as he holds back the pain, homing in on the Sharpedo that would quickly get his just deserts. You manage to salvage your limb from the shark’s tight lock, peering sideways in hopes of getting a look at the other battle. You still had to buy some more time with both Pokémon still standing... The Sharpedo rockets toward Kingdra with another Rage-fuelled savage, but before it can close the distance the dragon lets loose his ultimate attack. You don’t need to see, the coliseum momentarily flashes with golden light as a Draconic maelstrom erupts from Ephraim’s spot. A fiery Meteor shower rains down from the arc of the colisium, swallowing its target whilst a few stray flames catch the other Sharpedo who yelps in mangled pain and anger. As the blitzkrieg subsides you sweep across the cave which was in ruins. Debris and charred smoulders of dragonfire carpeted your half of the coliseum, one of the Sharpedo down with one more to go. You can’t repress a smirk as you wonder what must be going on in the mermaid’s head. This doesn’t take much thought though as she penetrates your skull for the third time, “Oh Balmund, look at what you’ve done! You’re such a messy bastard... No matter, I’ve been meaning to redecorate. I wonder how I’ll get out your bloodstains...” As you siphon her voice out of you head you look around for Ephraim. His gills were flaring in exhaustion, and he didn’t even acknowledge the lingering Sharpedo who was homing in fast with a Skull Bash. What will you do?

Hydro-Electric Dam

Myahoo: With Stream at stake the battle at the Power Turbine ploughs on. The Elekid duo were proving to be quite the ruffians, fists coiled as they went in for more. Your voice cracks over the boom of the torrent, another set of orders coaxing Wildfire and Mar into action. The latter kicks things off, scraping his foot against the tiled arena and breaking into a charge. Picking up pace the iron monster tucks his Head in as he Butts through the pane of glass, shattering on impact. With their line of defence shut down Wildfire takes his queue and scuttles down the side of the platform, overtaking Mar with his Claws bare. Homing into the regular Elekid whose arms were gyrating churning up more power, the echidna delivers the Crushing blow. With a snarl the plug Pokémon reels back, bumping into his shiny comrade who barks testily shoving it back into the firing line. The Elekid falls into a run as Wildfire retreats, managing to clip him on the rump with a Thunder Punch before he can make it behind Aron. With the butterflyfish in one hand the paler combatant dashes into the action, coiling a fist full of Fire in the other and Punching Mar on the crown. His metal skull glows red from the heat as he winces in pain, quickly retaliating with a Metal Claw. Boot shimmering like a razor blade he swipes it across the electric type’s chest, lacerating his torso albeit a resisted hit. Wildfire joins the fray again, setting his slit eyes on the normal Elekid and letting loose a flurry of Embers. The fiery cinders spurt around the foe’s feet as he comically dances on the spot. As the flames die out the Pokémon rounds on Wildfire and swings one of his throbbing feet against the echidna’s belly - sweeping the fire type off balance with a Low Kick. Meanwhile, the shiny Elekid keeps Aron at bay as it shoots off a Wave of electricity from its prongs which Thunders down the field and dances up his conductive armour. With Mar’s body locked in paralysis and Wildfire punted onto his back you still had a long way to go to claim back your Finneon! What will you do?

Crater Lake

Itzatrap: You can’t help but wonder if you’re cut out for ranch work as the Blitzle slips out of your fingers and canters toward the gates to freedom. This fleeting feeling of doubt quickly passes however as you wield another Pokéball, taking aim and launching it ahead of the galloping zebra. The red-white sphere spins through the hot air, crashing to the ground as Keane makes his comeback. As Bolt made a dash for the gates he was Quickly cut off by the Scyther who appeared ahead of the gate in a green blur. Wings churning, the praying mantis stretches its blades wide in a show intimidation rather than Attack. The foal neighs in shock as it pulls a U-turn back toward Olli. The Chimchar readies himself, jumping into a Wheel as his body combusts in Flames. Speeding down the field leaving a track of flames in his wake the ape makes contact with Blitzle, only to be Kicked in the gut by his right hoof. Olli yelps as the zebra socks him with the left hoof sending him careering into the steeple like a football, doubling over on the earth as his flames snuff into cinders. The equine scuffs the floor with his hoof before breaking into a Charge, sparks of electricity flying Wildly down his rump as he picks up momentum. Chimchar manages to lift himself up, stumbling tipsily as he regains his bearings. Olli strains ahead, a yellowish blur coming into focus giving him a split second to fire off a Flamethrower. The stream of boosted inferno engulfs the foal, the corral feeling like a hot furnace as you edge a safe distance away. When the smoke clears you spot Olli panting in fatigue, quickly finding Bolt who’s teetering on the brink of a knockout. The zebra stands charred from head to hoof in raw blisters, staring down its foe stubbornly. The old farmer throws you out of focus with an encouraging slap on the back, “You’ve got him kid, just make sure the chimp makes him know whose boss and then clinch it by getting him to saddle up”
    Keane quickly disappears and in a few seconds appears before the zebra, who's plan to escape was trumped by the mantis as he covered the exit. It was now up to Olli, who rolled into a ball and burst into flames, rolling towards the electric zebra. As soon as he made contact with it, the trainer winced as his Pokémon was sent flying backwards by a double kick. "Hang in there buddy, I know you can do this!" Rob could only hope the fiery chimp heard his trainer's encouragement as he slowly got up, only to see a large yellow ball racing towards him. "Look out!" Rob screamed at Olli, he was sure this was going to be over if the attack made contact, but luckily Olli responded to the attack by sending a stream of fire toward the charging zebra, covering the field in smoke. "Come on, come on, come on!" Rob said to himself, until a very loud "Yes!" was probably heard across some distance, with the trainer being relieved that Olli made it out okay as the smoke faded, but also showing an extremely hurt Blitzle, with the farmer scaring him slightly as he slapped him in the back as he said, “You’ve got him kid, just make sure the chimp makes him know whose boss and then clinch it by getting him to saddle up”.

"Thanks," he then turned to Olli, who had definely seen better days, "Okay, try to keep you distance as much as possible but as soon as you make eye contact with the Blitzle, Leer it to intimidate it enough so that you can slowly approach it. Make sure you do it slowly to not provoke it anymore. Then swing over its body and ride it, make sure you take control of it when you do that buddy! Make sure you hang on to it real tight! If you need to, use a little Strength to hold on to it's neck, but only to hold on and only if necessary." He then turned to Amos again, "I'm sorry I left the Blitzle in such a condition, we definitely didn't mean to harm it that much but we got carried away and I guess as long as we tame it, it's alright?" He chuckled nervously as he finished saying that, just as Olli gathered whatever power was necesseracy to finish this.
    Last edited by Itzatrap; 31st August 2012 at 4:12 PM.

Ampere Beach

Dark Searchman & Trainer Andy: Stuck hundreds of feet below the surface with Andy’s oxygen reserves plunging to zero you had much more immediate problems to reckon with than an ex-Aqua convict. The odds were against you both, and the emptier the tank got the heavier it would be for Andy to lug. His eye’s dart around the fogged up snorkel in panic, Hyrem managing to keep a level head as he orders Delilah and Kray to watch their backs. With time cutting finer by the second there was nothing you could do but swim. Both breaking into front crawls you head toward the turquoise waters. The sea seems to get a few shades lighter as you leave the darkness of the deep sea trench, each lunge upward getting harder as pressure returned to normal. The suns rays broke through the turquoise waters like a homing beacon, and it was that you’d both focus on as you continued to gain altitude. With a fresh air supply Hyrem keeps shifting his eyes to check on Andy, focusing back ahead when he was sure the kid was okay. The Pokémon were equally concerned, Delilah nuzzling her way into the kid’s arms like a flotation device whilst Kray pinched his butt cheeks on the second to keep him from losing consciousness. You keep your eyes fixed on the blurred ball of light up ahead, shrugging over the school of Luvdisc that’d just swerved past and blocking out the high-frequency resonance of the Lanturn pod’s echolocation. Andy’s lungs crave the fresh air just a stretch ahead, each kick of his legs agonizing as a stitch seized a hold of his stomach. Andy starts feel lightheaded as consciousness starts to slip away, but clings desperately to the here and now. Just a few more lunges. Hyrem breaks through to the surface first, water running off his goggles as he snaps them onto his forehead. His heart skips a beat as he searches for Andy, who emerges from behind with an almighty gasp of air. You share a grin as Andy throws off his diving equipment, the punctured tank sinking back down to the bottom of the ocean.

As panic settled your eyes sweep across the rocky waves, spotting Ampere Beach a mile out. The two agree to head back, breaking into a breast stroke which is quickly stifled by a loud clap of thunder. Odd drips of rain land on your heads, rippling against the water in growing tempo. Before you know it you’re caught in the middle of a shower, dark clouds billowing over the clear blue sky. The churning thunderclouds eclipse the warm sun with a low rumble. It looked like a good time to swim back to shore, but the waves start to pick up in size, casting you both out further out. With a flash of lightning panic fills the air. As you redouble your escape efforts the surf become treacherous, crashing violently and pulling you under. You can’t help wondering if this was triggered by the Red Orb, but survival quickly becomes the only thing on both your minds as you find yourself caught in a massive tidal wave! Delilah and Kray are much lighter, jetting up to the arc of the wave whilst you both stayed weighted in its crest. You reach out to grab your Pokémon who’d be your best bet at getting out of this alive, but the wave quickly collapses on itself, bubbles streaming from your mouth as you start to lose consciousness...
    Each attempt to propel Andy up towards the surface was more and more difficult for Hyrem as the water pressure decreased and both humans were losing energy. The difference between the two was that Hyrem wasn't running out of air. He would look down at Andy and continue to encourage him through his own heavy breathing. Delilah also helped by pushing Hyrem up between his arms, and he could see Kray pinching Andy's butt to keep him awake. The light above continued to get brighter as the four reached closer to the surface, ignoring schools of Luvdisc and Lanturn and focusing only on the light. He looked back at Andy and could see he was starting to lose it.

"No, Andy, keep going!" he shouted urgently. They were so close now! Hyrem kept pulling him up, and up, and up... He reached the surface along with Delilah and moved his goggles to his forehead so he could see above water better. But Andy wasn't surfacing! "Andy!? Where are you!? ANDY!!" he shouts some more in desperation, looking for any sign of him.

Right on cue, his friend breaks the surface behind him with a huge gasp of air, and Hyrem was elated at that moment. They made it!! As Andy throws off his heavy oxygen tank, Hyrem looks for shore. Through all the turbulent waves, he could see Ampere Beach. It was a mile away, but they had to reach land as soon as they could.

"C'mon, there's Ampere Beach, we've gotta try and get there!" Hyrem said to Andy.

"Chou chin!" Delilah said to Kray just as urgently.

They were only a few strokes in, however, when a storm rolled in.

Rain fell upon them almost instantly; in fact, it could be said that a Drizzle had overtaken the group. Now it was really urgent that they get to shore, but every attempt to swim was only met with a giant wave that sent them further back into the ocean. Lightning flashes close by, the group starts to panic, and the waves were only getting stronger and pulling them back into the water. How were they supposed to fight against this? Well, I can answer that: they just weren't going to. This had to be Kyogre's handiwork, but there wasn't going to be any stopping it. Not when they were about to be swept up in a tsunami!

Being the lighter beings, Delilah and Kray were swept up higher while Hyrem and Andy were brought lower down the wave. "DELILAAAAAAH!" Hyrem loudly calls out, reaching for his Angler, but unable to get even close to his Pokemon. The wave finally... crashes down- blub!

And- glrb!

The last thing- hlb!

Hyrem could see- ulb blub glu!

was...

water...

Ampere Beach

Read Below

Trainer Andy: The muffled sound of breaking waves brings you out of your coma, salt water clogging your ears with your face half buried in sand. Rain was beating down hard, the cloudy sky painting the golden beach a dull monotone. Raising your head in confusion you take a fleeting look at the once crowded coast, the tourists no doubt driven away by the terrible weather conditions. Tipped sun loungers and slumps sand castles were all that remained of a perfect summer’s day. The thunderstorm seems to send memories flooding back in flashes and you suddenly start screaming for your friend. Jumping to your feet you scan the coast, running as fast as your legs could carry you toward the washed up body. Hyrem lay spread-eagled against the sand, Kray pinching his leg in hopes of triggering some sort of reaction whilst Delilah prodded him with mild jolts of her angler. His wetsuit was dishevelled and his oxygen tank had been cast away, he wasn’t breathing... You rush to the scene, batting away the crawdad and checking for a pulse. To your relief you feel a mild throbbing against your fingers as you wrap them against his neck. He was alive, but wouldn’t be for long if you didn’t act fast! What will you do?

Dark Searchman doesn’t need to reply to this update, but he’s free to recap up until he loses consciousness.

Spluttering, gasping and on the edge of conciousness, Andy finally broke through the surface of the waves. He'd surely have drowned if it wasn't for the encouragement of Hyrem and their Pokemon. For a moment they bobbed on the surface, allowing Andy's lungs to fill with the air they'd been starved of as they had made their ascent. He looked over to Hyrem, who looked even happier than Andy that he'd survived the journey back up, if that was even possible. Shrugging off the oxygen tank that had almost been his undoing Andy swam over to Hyrem, both of them now grinning from ear to ear.

"We made it," Andy gasped, his voice a little hoarse from the ache in his chest from trying to hold his breath for so long, "I couldn't have done it without you. I really owe you one."

Hyrem nodded modestly, his mind still being the more focused of the two of them, as it had always seemed to be. "C'mon, there's Ampere Beach," he said, pointing to the so near yet still so far away coastline, "We've gotta try and get there!" Delilah made a noise of agreement in response as Kray nestled himself under Andy's arm, allowing his Trainer to float on him until his strength had returned.

They set off towards the beach, making as good a pace as they could without pushing their already worn out bodies too much. It seemed as though they'd only been swimming a few minutes when ominous crashes of thunder began to roll through the sky, followed almost instantly by rain, light drips at first that seemed to quickly develop into a torrential downpour. Now making land seemed even more urgent and the two Trainers and their Pokemon pushed on with unspoken resolve. The sky itself was now turning dark, lit occasionally with flashes of lighting, a fierce wind was also beginning to blow, creating waves that seemed to make any advancement near impossible. Surely there was no coincedence between this unnatural weather and what they had witnessed deep beneath the waves, this was certainly the handiwork of the Red Orb powered Briney. The sea was now swelling and rippling around them, strong current pulling at them, threatening to drag them back under, at times it almost did. It was on one such resurfacing that the Trainer's were met with a sight that made the breath catch in their throats, a monstrous wave towered over them leaving no room for escape, within seconds it crashed down on top of them. Andy thought he heard Hyrem call out Delilah's name, and then... nothing.

How long he'd been out, Andy didn't know. All he knew was that he'd hadn't drowned and had somehow been washed ashore. His body ached from being battered by the waves, his mouth dry and gritty from the sand he'd found himself face down in. Attempting to tip out the water clogging his ears, Andy surveyed to area. The last time he was on this beach it was full of people, happily playing and enjoying the sunshine, now it was deserted, a lingering spectre of what it once had been. A crash of thunder overhead snapped Andy back to reality.

"Hyrem!" He said loudly, in realisation. "Hyrem!" He called again, his voice almost seemed to echo along the empty beach, but no reply came.
    Pulling himself up, Andy forced his legs to carry him along the beach, calling as loudly as he could manage against the sound of the thunder and the rain. It was not long before he spotted something a few feet away. Kray and Delilah sat on the beach, prodding and poking in vain at the lifeless body sprawled out on the sand. A shiver of terror ran up Andy's spine, was Hyrem...

No, he couldn't allow himself to think like that. But the closer he got, the more it seemed to confirm Andy's fears. Hyrem's chest was still, he didn't seem to be breathing.

"No! God damn it, no!" Andy cried as he fell to his knees at Hyrem's side. Grasping his fellow Trainer's hand, Andy squeezed it tightly, desperate for a reaction. "Don't do this to me, man!" Andy croaked desperately, panic and tears welling up inside him, "You can't do this!"

Wait...

Was that...

Andy couldn't be sure, my mind was still hazy and he didn't trust it for a second not to play tricks on him.

There it was again, he was sure of it.

The faintest flutter of a pulse in Hyrem's wrist, Andy was sure he'd felt it. He quickly pressing his fingers to Hyrem's neck to double check.

There it was! He had a pulse! It was weak, but it filled Andy with renewed hope. He felt like laughing with joy, but this was no time for that. Hyrem had just saved Andy's life, and now it was time for him to return the favour. He thought back to his teen years, the books he'd read, he'd wanted to be a doctor before he'd become a trainer and had spent days, maybe even weeks, lost in medical books. His parent's had often tried to discourage this, saying things like, "Son, why don't you put don't those silly books for a minute and go outside. You aren't going to make any friends sitting in your room reading all day." Well now he'd gotten a friend, and those "silly books" may just help to save his life. Andy set about reminding himself of the instructions of what to do to help somebody in the event of near drowning.

"First, turn the head to the side to drain any water from the mouth or nose." He instructed himself, following his commands as he talked.
    "Secondly we need to warm him up, otherwise he might catch hypothermia." Andy quickly realised he didn't have a blanket to wrap Hyrem in, and he was sure that any towels or the like had been blown away in the freak weather. He would have to improvise. Andy quickly set about covering Hyrem's body with sand, packing it tightly around him, leaving only his chest, neck and head exposed. Unclipping a Pokeball from the belt of his wetsuit, Andy prayed that this would work. With a flash the form of Iggy the Slugma materialised.
    "Iggy, listen carefully because this is important," Andy said urgently to his Pokemon, "I need you to use Ember on this sand, but just enough to heat it up." He explained, wanting his friend to be warm, not cooked alive.
    "And I need to start CPR" This was the most important part, Andy had only read about the procedure and knew that if he did it incorrectly it would cause more harm than good, but now wasn't the time to hesitate. Kneeling at his friend's side again Andy pinched Hyrem's nose and leaned in. If he'd had time to think about this beforehand it probably would have felt pretty embarrassing but all Andy could think about now was saving Hyrem's life.

Taking a deep breath, Andy breathed into Hyrem's mouth. Four strong breaths, which would hopefully unclog any water in the breathing passageways and lungs. After that he moved his head slightly, his ear hovering over Hyrem's mouth to check for any signs of breathing. Andy felt Hyrem's pulse again, to see if it had gotten any stronger. Then the process was repeated again. Andy wasn't sure how long he'd have to do this for, but he wasn't going to give up yet. Not whilst there was a chance.

"Come on buddy," He said, urging himself and Hyrem on, "you can do it."

- - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

Hydro-Electric Dam

Myahoo: With Stream at stake the battle at the Power Turbine ploughs on. The Elekid duo were proving to be quite the ruffians, fists coiled as they went in for more. Your voice cracks over the boom of the torrent, another set of orders coaxing Wildfire and Mar into action. The latter kicks things off, scraping his foot against the tiled arena and breaking into a charge. Picking up pace the iron monster tucks his Head in as he Butts through the pane of glass, shattering on impact. With their line of defence shut down Wildfire takes his queue and scuttles down the side of the platform, overtaking Mar with his Claws bare. Homing into the regular Elekid whose arms were gyrating churning up more power, the echidna delivers the Crushing blow. With a snarl the plug Pokémon reels back, bumping into his shiny comrade who barks testily shoving it back into the firing line. The Elekid falls into a run as Wildfire retreats, managing to clip him on the rump with a Thunder Punch before he can make it behind Aron. With the butterflyfish in one hand the paler combatant dashes into the action, coiling a fist full of Fire in the other and Punching Mar on the crown. His metal skull glows red from the heat as he winces in pain, quickly retaliating with a Metal Claw. Boot shimmering like a razor blade he swipes it across the electric type’s chest, lacerating his torso albeit a resisted hit. Wildfire joins the fray again, setting his slit eyes on the normal Elekid and letting loose a flurry of Embers. The fiery cinders spurt around the foe’s feet as he comically dances on the spot. As the flames die out the Pokémon rounds on Wildfire and swings one of his throbbing feet against the echidna’s belly - sweeping the fire type off balance with a Low Kick. Meanwhile, the shiny Elekid keeps Aron at bay as it shoots off a Wave of electricity from its prongs which Thunders down the field and dances up his conductive armour. With Mar’s body locked in paralysis and Wildfire punted onto his back you still had a long way to go to claim back your Finneon! What will you do?
    A grin returned to her face when Mar shattered the Light Screen, Wildfire using the opening to land his Crush Claw on the regular Elekid. Both of her Pokemon were then hit with elemental punches, causing her to furrow her brow and frown. In a split-second, the tides had turned, ending with Wildfire on his back and Mar struck with paralysis. She certainly wasn't going to let them keep the upper-hand, though.

"Wildfire, use Extrasensory while you get back to your feet and then another Aerial Ace. Try to dodge their retaliating attacks as you return to Mar. Mar, Tackle the pair before they can hit Wildfire and then Shadow Claw them," she ordered, completely focused on the double battle. I really should look into getting some of those status curers, she thought to herself, as she eyed the leftover sparks from the Elekid's Thunder Wave.

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: You run your fingers through your hair, gills flaring as the shark’s collision knocks all the wind out your lungs. As you powered through the scattered pain you bear in mind that taking out the Sharpedo one at a time would make the struggle a damn sight easier, and stick to your guns on posing a diversion. With enough air to cough up Ephraim’s orders, you fix back on the hungry predator with a dangerous smirk. With one of the Sharpedo latched onto the seahorse with an icy hold, he quickly pivots his neck so his muzzle is a hair’s distance from its dorsal fin. In a split second the dragon lets loose a point-blank flare of his Dragon Breath, scorching the shark on the nose its beady eyes welting in pain. The Sharpedo breaks away as fast as its fins allow, wheeling a safe distance away before U-Turning back with a Rage smouldering in its eyes. Bashing into the Kingdra’s torso he slides back a few feet, but your attention is elsewhere as you border toward the other Sharpedo. The shark doesn’t see you as much of a threat and lunges in for the kill. It takes all of your reflexes bat your tail upward, the fin’s flat surface difficult to swish in the water’s resistance. With a slap you hit the foe in its underbelly, and caught off guard he ducks down toward it and Bites. Sinking his teeth through the sails of your tailfin the sting isn’t as intense as anything from the waist up, but you can’t help but yank back in struggle. You’d need to be in one piece for whatever lay ahead.

Meanwhile, Ephraim relishes in the opportunity brought on by your antics, shooting off a Dragon Pulse which swats the shark in its pectoral fin and making it twist out of balance and snap in pain. The predator veers back on course, Rage building as it went in for another tackle at mach speed, this time clocking the seahorse in the cheek. Ephraim’s eyes squint as he holds back the pain, homing in on the Sharpedo that would quickly get his just deserts. You manage to salvage your limb from the shark’s tight lock, peering sideways in hopes of getting a look at the other battle. You still had to buy some more time with both Pokémon still standing... The Sharpedo rockets toward Kingdra with another Rage-fuelled savage, but before it can close the distance the dragon lets loose his ultimate attack. You don’t need to see, the coliseum momentarily flashes with golden light as a Draconic maelstrom erupts from Ephraim’s spot. A fiery Meteor shower rains down from the arc of the colisium, swallowing its target whilst a few stray flames catch the other Sharpedo who yelps in mangled pain and anger. As the blitzkrieg subsides you sweep across the cave which was in ruins. Debris and charred smoulders of dragonfire carpeted your half of the coliseum, one of the Sharpedo down with one more to go. You can’t repress a smirk as you wonder what must be going on in the mermaid’s head. This doesn’t take much thought though as she penetrates your skull for the third time, “Oh Balmund, look at what you’ve done! You’re such a messy bastard... No matter, I’ve been meaning to redecorate. I wonder how I’ll get out your bloodstains...” As you siphon her voice out of you head you look around for Ephraim. His gills were flaring in exhaustion, and he didn’t even acknowledge the lingering Sharpedo who was homing in fast with a Skull Bash. What will you do?
    With Ephraim taking care of his mark, Balmund does his best to keep the other one busy. The Sharpedo seems to deem Balmund as an opponent to be easily dispatched, and charges stright forward for the kill. A surge of adrenaline fills Balmund's body in fear as he draws all of his resources and willpower to react in time, eyes ever wide-open as he somehow managed to intercept the shark and smack it in the underbelly. Reflexively, the Sharpedo lunges down and fiercely bites the end of Balmund's tailfin in response, sending a sting of pain all the way up to his body and forcing him yank away as he tried to wrestle himself free from its grip.

Meanwhile, Ephraim traded blows with the other shark, and while the Kingdra's aim was ever accurate and true, the Sharpedo's speed allowed him to keep withering away at his opponent with swift, clean and powerful blows. Ephraim had enough of this, and goes for the finishing blows as he summons his ultimate technique, raining a golder shower of draco meteors unto his opponent, and even nailing the other one in the process too! Was it over? One of them definitely had to be down for the count alright. Balmund contemplates the destruction brought forth unto the coliseum, right before being taunted once again by the siren.

"You know, sweetie, you're starting to look more and more like that depraved old man with each passing second. Sounded like something he would say too..." He returned the favor where he gathered it would probably hurt most. Then, he saw it, the last Sharpedo suddenly homing in on his Kingdra at full speed at what would definitely be a devastating skull bash. Ephraim still looked way too exhausted after his final attack to even notice. Sh*t, this was gonna be bad. "Move, Agility!" Balmund immediately screamed, hoping the dragon-type could make it out in time. Then, another crazy idea dawned upon him. "Whirpool!" He next instructed, smirking before pointing his finger towards the beautiful and cruel siren. "Then Heart Swap!" Time for you to learn a little empathy. Feel our pain, sorrow, and rage.

Default Whale Island - 23

Sorry Bal, I didn't see your reply. I'll probably just post your update when the date rolls over for reward purposes

Ampere Beach

Dark Searchman & Trainer Andy: Emotions running high as he craned over the comatose body of his newest buddy, Andy’s face furrowed as he tried to block out all thought and focus on reviving the kid before it was too late. Survival instincts quickly take over as he hastily shifts the body onto its side – his old CPR training coming back in flashes. Dribbles of salty water trickle from his mouth and nostrils as his head slumps limply in the wet mud, but there was a lot more where that came from still trapped in his lungs. Andy goes over the steps in his head, and at a loss for any other form of insulation starts piling handfuls of sloppy sand onto his side until he’s almost completely buried. Grainy water drips from between his fingers, cold against his palms with the tropical thunderstorm doing nothing to alleviate the bitter temperature. Andy quickly gets another brainwave, rummaging through his pockets he brandishes another Pokéball bringing Iggy reluctantly on the scene. The magma slug shrinks in irritation as the rain pelts against his skin with a sizzle, but seeing the crisis at hand quickly slinks into aid. Drawing in breath the Slugma lets loose a flurry of Embers, steam running off the mound raising the temperature inside couple of notches. You count down the stages on your fingers - it was time to resuscitate him. With a swallow you pinch the trainer’s nose and deliver a mouthful of fresh air. You rinse and repeat this step another three times, reeling your head back as you check for any signs of life. Hope starts to dwindle as seconds roll by like hours until... With a loud splutter of water Andy’s heart gives a start. Hyrem’s eyes widen in shock, rolling the sand off his body as he huddles over the sand and continues to wretch up salt water from his lungs. Delilah leaps for joy whilst Kray’s eyes glisten with a newfound sense of heroism toward his master.

The celebrations barely have time to kick off before they’re harshly cut short by another clap of thunder. This seems to ignite realisation into Hyrem who was just starting to regain his bearings. You both throw your heads toward the turbulent waters, straining to see something far in the distance. It was two red eyes, shining toward the shores like a pair of searchlights. With water running off its back as it surfaced you quickly recognise the marking on its fins... The Legendary Pokémon - Kyogre. The clouds seemed to churn more violently in its presence, the dark skies simulating nightfall as your eyes swept across the black waters in fear. As the orca drifts closer into view you get a good look at the adolescent riding it: Captain Briney. His eyes and tattoos matched the Sea Basin Pokémon’s, one arm stretched against its dorsal fin like a sail and the other holding the Red Orb which pulsed vividly. Paralysed with fear with no possible way of matching the legendary’s might, you wait for another voice to break through the salty sea air, the frantic footsteps coaxing you out of your shared daze.

“What hell are you kids doing out here?!” An old man rushes toward you, eyes wide with fear. He had an elderly sailor look about him, sporting a bushy white beard and a bald cap that was bouncing away the torrential rain. There was something familiar about him which you both seem to recognise as you share a glance before darting back toward the stranger. Gliding in tow, with a great deal of effort courtesy of the stormy weather, a Wingull perched onto his shoulder with a distressed squawk. He seems to tell by the look on your faces that you’re as clueless as he is, “I’m Captain Briney and this is Peeko. We need to get to my boat and fast! You can tell me what happened to you both on the way just follow Peeko!” The seagull dismounts from his master again and veers toward the docks of Pieli harbour. Briney Sr. breaks into a run and with the skies flaring with lightning you think it best to stick with him. What will you do?

Hydro-Electric Dam

Myahoo: Signs of a tough battle were starting to show as sparks flew up and down Mar’s body, his legs cramping in paralysis whilst Wildfire rolls back onto his front with a scowl. Looking to turn the tides with Stream driving your confidence you lance off another set of orders, the two Pokémon growling determinately as another round wheeled into motion. The Elekid twins are first off the bat this time, the darker of the duo spinning his fists again before socking the metal beast in the cranium with another Thunder Punch. Meanwhile the shiny Elekid churns up a tundra of yellow stars which Swiftly pelt against the two Pokémon like shuriken. Mar manages to overcome his paralysis to dive ahead, taking most of the hit for the team as he crash lands into the paler of the enemies with a Tackle. The tyke yowls as it’s knocked off its feet, the comatose Finneon slipping out of its grip and sliding down the platform. Meanwhile Wildfire homes in on the unmarked Elekid with a flood of Extrasensory power, the golden ray startling the victim as it clouts it in the gut. As the shiny Elekid springs back to its feet it breaks into a run, flailing its fist which combusts with Fire, delivering another Punch to Mar who takes it like a trooper. Mar attempts to counter but his muscles appear to lock up in paralysis. Wildfire keeps the fight moving as he veers past the Aron, streaks of flying energy streaming off his fur as he darts into the foe with an Aerial Ace, ricocheting back to your side of the field and safely behind the iron monster. This isn’t so good for Mar though, as the normal Elekid sweeps at his ankles with another Low Kick, chipping away a huge amount of damage and leaving him looking worse for wear. The fight was taking its toll all around, but with Aron knocked out early you’d have trouble pulling a win. What will you do?

Crater Lake

Itzatrap: With the zebra hanging on by the skin of its teeth you set into motion the finisher for taming the wild Pokémon. In one last show of rebellion Bolt scrapes his hoof against the charred ground, locking onto his foe with a mulish scowl. Olli manages to let off a smile amidst his tired panting, the monkey’s eyes closing into slits as he lets off an intimidating Leer. The foal’s nostrils flare but he doesn’t make another move, Chimchar panting as he reaches onto the tips of his toes. In a flash the ape was back on the prowl, skirting down the corral at mach speed and making for the zebra’s back. Leaping into the hot air Olli lands on the electrified Pokémon’s saddle, grappling onto its neck with an impressive show of Strength. Bolt wasn’t expecting this, kicking his forelegs in bewilderment and using every last ounce of strength in his body to try and buck the primate off. After a few circuits round the corral with Olli hanging on by the threads of Blitzle’s mane, Bolt finally settles down. He trots casually toward Amos who offers him a sugar cube. The zebra licks the cube off his palm, Chimchar beaming – making the most of the pony ride now the fear of being bucked was gone. The ranch owner nods encouragingly, “Looks like yer a natural. How about we mosey on over to the prairie and herd da Mareep?”

With that you round up your motley troop and begin strolling in tow of the farmer, keeping an eye out for Flannery who was still sleuthing around the empty stables with her pet Growlithe. She gives a shrug as you stroll past, signalling she’d still need more time to find the deed. Pressing on it looked like you had more work cut out for you. After a small trek to the outskirts of the ranch Amos grinds to a halt above a small bump in the savannah, coaxing you to jog to his point wondering what you’d find over the hill. “This boy, is the Mareep herd”, he grunts waving his hand over the breezy dip, “They need’a shavin’, but they aint so keen to give der wool away”. Your eyes sweep across the green prairie in awe, and what looked like yellow balls of cotton candy grazing across it. The pasture was about the size of a football field, chocked full of about thirty or so Mareep aimlessly wondering about. You then notice a pen at the edge of the meadow with about half a dozen empty sacks – your job seemed to be coming to light. The herd of sheep bah lazily as they scuttle about slightly, each in their own world. “Yer job is to figure out a way of herdin’ da Mareep so we can shear der wool. It aint as easy as it looks, they’re dim little fellers”, he gives a chuckle as he heads down to the auburn shed below, unbolting a small fence for the livestock to enter through. How you herd the Pokémon was in your hands. What will you do and how will you do it?
    Last edited by Emp; 1st September 2012 at 12:01 AM.

Ampere Beach

Dark Searchman & Trainer Andy: Emotions running high as he craned over the comatose body of his newest buddy, Andy’s face furrowed as he tried to block out all thought and focus on reviving the kid before it was too late. Survival instincts quickly take over as he hastily shifts the body onto its side – his old CPR training coming back in flashes. Dribbles of salty water trickle from his mouth and nostrils as his head slumps limply in the wet mud, but there was a lot more where that came from still trapped in his lungs. Andy goes over the steps in his head, and at a loss for any other form of insulation starts piling handfuls of sloppy sand onto his side until he’s almost completely buried. Grainy water drips from between his fingers, cold against his palms with the tropical thunderstorm doing nothing to alleviate the bitter temperature. Andy quickly gets another brainwave, rummaging through his pockets he brandishes another Pokéball bringing Iggy reluctantly on the scene. The magma slug shrinks in irritation as the rain pelts against his skin with a sizzle, but seeing the crisis at hand quickly slinks into aid. Drawing in breath the Slugma lets loose a flurry of Embers, steam running off the mound raising the temperature inside couple of notches. You count down the stages on your fingers - it was time to resuscitate him. With a swallow you pinch the trainer’s nose and deliver a mouthful of fresh air. You rinse and repeat this step another three times, reeling your head back as you check for any signs of life. Hope starts to dwindle as seconds roll by like hours until... With a loud splutter of water Andy’s heart gives a start. Hyrem’s eyes widen in shock, rolling the sand off his body as he huddles over the sand and continues to wretch up salt water from his lungs. Delilah leaps for joy whilst Kray’s eyes glisten with a newfound sense of heroism toward his master.

The celebrations barely have time to kick off before they’re harshly cut short by another clap of thunder. This seems to ignite realisation into Hyrem who was just starting to regain his bearings. You both throw your heads toward the turbulent waters, straining to see something far in the distance. It was two red eyes, shining toward the shores like a pair of searchlights. With water running off its back as it surfaced you quickly recognise the marking on its fins... The Legendary Pokémon - Kyogre. The clouds seemed to churn more violently in its presence, the dark skies simulating nightfall as your eyes swept across the black waters in fear. As the orca drifts closer into view you get a good look at the adolescent riding it: Captain Briney. His eyes and tattoos matched the Sea Basin Pokémon’s, one arm stretched against its dorsal fin like a sail and the other holding the Red Orb which pulsed vividly. Paralysed with fear with no possible way of matching the legendary’s might, you wait for another voice to break through the salty sea air, the frantic footsteps coaxing you out of your shared daze.

“What hell are you kids doing out here?!” An old man rushes toward you, eyes wide with fear. He had an elderly sailor look about him, sporting a bushy white beard and a bald cap that was bouncing away the torrential rain. There was something familiar about him which you both seem to recognise as you share a glance before darting back toward the stranger. Gliding in tow, with a great deal of effort courtesy of the stormy weather, a Wingull perched onto his shoulder with a distressed squawk. He seems to tell by the look on your faces that you’re as clueless as he is, “I’m Captain Briney and this is Peeko. We need to get to my boat and fast! You can tell me what happened to you both on the way just follow Peeko!” The seagull dismounts from his master again and veers toward the docks of Pieli harbour. Briney Sr. breaks into a run and with the skies flaring with lightning you think it best to stick with him. What will you do?
    Hyrem found himself in the sand, heaving up seawater and forcing all of it out from his lungs before laying back down again in exhaustion. He could hear Delilah calling to him in joy then sat back up and saw Andy, Kray, and a new Pokemon, a Slugma who he assumed belonged to Andy, also with him. "Andy, you..." he started to say, then as a reflex searched his pocket for his Pokedex to register the Fire-type:

Slugma, the Lava Pokemon. It has lava for blood, which hardens if cooled. As a result, this Pokemon cannot stop to rest and is on a constant search for places with extreme heat, such as volcanoes.

His mind still tried to focus. "Where... are we?" he asked.

CRRACCK!!!

A deafening clap of thunder brings Hyrem fully back to reality and he remembered everything that had happened. One glance across the sea, and his heart skipped a beat. It was that Pokemon. "K...K...K...K...K..." he found himself unable to say the Pokemon's name, the hand that held his Pokedex trembling as he brought it up to register the creator of the sea...

Kyogre, the Sea Basin Pokemon. Legend has it that the torrential downpours it brought created the oceans. It is feared for this very power as it has the potential to flood the entire world. The only Pokemon that is said to sufficiently exhaust it is Groudon.

There it was. Right in front of him. One of two Legendary Pokemon his father had met that fateful day he talked about. The stare the orca gave him with those glowing yellow eyes shook him to the core. And on top of it stood Briney, the man who summoned it once again. His purpose was the same as Team Aqua's: flood the world, and allow the sea creatures to rule it for millions of years. Because he now held the Red Orb, he could control Kyogre. And Kyogre wasn't about to be outmatched by two measly, inexperienced trainers. All Hyrem could do was sit there in the sand and watch as the Sea Basin Pokemon approached them, knowing full well they would be overwhelmed without Kyogre batting an eye...

“What the hell are you kids doing out here?!” a salty voice snaps him out of his fear-induced trance.

The old man that came up to the two trainers and the Wingull both seemed very familiar... This had to be Briney's old man, Briney I! And the Pokemon next to him?

Wingull, the Seagull Pokemon. This Pokemon glides expertly on updrafts instead of flapping its wings to fly. Wingull prefer to nest on sheer cliffs to detract predators, and keep food around its nest stored for the winter. Its long beak is well designed to snatch treasures or prey such as small fish or rodents. Males then hide these objects all over the place to attract females to their nest.

"Gull gull!" the bird caws to them in distress.

“I’m Captain Briney and this is Peeko. We need to get to my boat and fast! You can tell me what happened to you both on the way just follow Peeko!” Briney and Peeko then head towards Pieli Harbour and urge the two to follow.

Hyrem coughs a little more before he says, "Man, don't know what's going on, but I really don't wanna stick around here! Come on, let's follow! Delilah, return and take a little rest!" He takes out his Pokeball and calls back his Chinchou before running up the beach and back towards Pieli Harbour, hoping Andy would follow.

Raine's Wildlife Park

Son of Shadows: You look into the glassy eyes of the sickly blue whale, your nose wrinkled as the stench of chum filled your nostrils and Raine sidled around helplessly. Your trainer instincts don’t fail you now as you quickly rummage through your inventory, plucking out a clove of Lum Berries known for curing status ailments. Whether this would do the trick remained to be seen, but as Raine gives you a ‘It’s worth a shot’ look you toss the green fruit into Shamu’s open mouth. Landing on the fold of his tongue which was as wide as a football net, the whale pivots back so it can slide down his gullet. You wondered if a higher dosage would be needed for such a huge mammal, but the effects kick in almost immediately. The Wailord’s greenish composure shifts to a navy blue, his eyes glistening and his mouth forming a wide grin - each tooth jutted out like a slab of concrete. Raine laughs in renewed excitement, slapping you on the back with all his appreciation. “Looks like the show will go ahead after all! You’d betta grab a seat whilst ya can mate. We’ll be gettin’ ready backstage!” You catch him rubbing his tummy as you make way to the bleachers, not taking too much notice as you find a seat with a good vantage.

Parked in the ‘Splash Zone’ with a perfect view of the whole tank you sit back for the first time all day, the idea of another terrorist attack gone astray in your subconscious as you get hyped for the big event. Admissions for the star show had opened as people of all ages started spilling into the arena, the lower benches packed with spectators whilst the stands further up offered a much roomier view. It becomes hard to hear your own thoughts as noisy kids litter the splash zone, one kid playing with a Wailord toy bearing a striking similarity to Billy – bringing on a flash of memories from the near-death experience. This seems to sharpen your senses, keeping your eyes peeled for anyone suspicious as the stadium filled to its maximum capacity. Even if there was an Aqua hooligan somewhere in the crowd he’d be impossible to pick out now. You fix back on the tank were two flatscreens flickered on above, sporting an animation of Shamu emerging from the foamy surf with a summersault as the crowd erupts with excitement. Music (00.00-01.00) fills the stadium courtesy of the surround sound, nudging you to the edge of your seat as the water starts churning with activity. Suddenly! A pod of Lanturn soar from the surface, their bulbs blinking Flashly as they wave their flippers at the audience. The fish do a full circuit of the tank with a recital of leaps, Dives and summersaults – one clearing at least twenty feet of air! You wave goodbye and whistle in admiration as the Lanturn tail-walk from the front of the tank to the back, disappearing to thunderous applause. Next up, the Wailmer Pod take centre stage. Like huge beach balls the Pokémon roll to the surface, Bouncing into the air and Splashing at the crowd who give off a mix of applause and screaming. Left speechless as the salty white spray rains down from above, you couldn’t have imagined you’d be soaked head to toe. Your t-shirt clings to your skin whilst the drops of rain running down your forehead manage to clog your vision. Rubbing water out of your eyes you spot Terri, balanced perfectly on a Wailmer’s nose who rafts her to the edge of the pool to another round of cheers. She takes a bow before tossing a handful of fresh Remoraid into each calf’s open mouth.

“And now ladies and gentlemen, the moment you’ve all been waiting for: The amazing Shamu!” the sea life trainer waves her hands with a flourish, the music reaching its climax and... Nothing happens. The music cuts and she looks around in confusion, “Ahem. The moment you’ve all been waiting for: The amazing Shamu!” Terri’s repetition doesn’t force any reaction out of the still waters. “One moment folks...” With that she rushes off behind stage and ruckus breaks out across the bleachers. You hear one person muttering that the old Wailord must be losing it in his old age, but you had a better theory. You’d sworn that if there was any more trouble with Team Aqua, you’d be the one to take them down. Maybe you ought to see what was going on backstage?

Surprisingly enough, the Lum Berries worked, and so Shamu was back to his old self in no time flat. They really were cure-all medicines. Joshua was glad he carried them around, they were just too useful to miss out on. Raine patted him on the back appreciatively, causing him to almost fall into the tank - he wasn't the most weighty guy out there. The park owner trotted off backstage to prepare, and Joshua took a seat on the bleachers, ready to relax and enjoy the spectacular "aquabatics" (he thought he was clever for making that word up. He wasn't.) of Shamu. Rocking out to his opening theme, he could tell this was going to be pretty sweet. Thoughts of Team Aqua vanished from his mind... Or at least, until he spotted a small child, carrying a Shamu doll. Since he reminded him so much of Billy, it was a flash back to reality as the memories of almost drowning and being devoured came "flooding" back (again, he thought he was clever for that one. He still wasn't). Joshua was immediately put back on guard and began scanning the area for Aqua grunts... But it was no good in a crowd of this size. He couldn't pick out anything.

The water show began proper now, with Lanturn and Wailmer warming up the crowd. Joshua liked Lanturn, they were so pretty... And glowy... (this was the point he realised he wasn't clever). Wailmer, he wasn't so keen on, especially when a gigantic wave of spray and foam hit him, soaking him to the bone. Again. He was going to catch a chill at this rate. As he rubbed salt water out of his eyes, he spotted the mermaid, perched on one of the Wailmer. “And now ladies and gentlemen, the moment you’ve all been waiting for: The amazing Shamu!” Awkward silence. Nothing happened. “Ahem. The moment you’ve all been waiting for: The amazing Shamu!” Still nada. Something was wrong. Aqua, definitely. This whole day reeked of Aqua. Well, Aqua and vomit, but that was neither here nor there. The mermaid headed backstage to see what was going on, and Joshua slipped out of his seat to follow suit. He'd get to the bottom of this, one way or another...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Hydro-Electric Dam

Myahoo: Signs of a tough battle were starting to show as sparks flew up and down Mar’s body, his legs cramping in paralysis whilst Wildfire rolls back onto his front with a scowl. Looking to turn the tides with Stream driving your confidence you lance off another set of orders, the two Pokémon growling determinately as another round wheeled into motion. The Elekid twins are first off the bat this time, the darker of the duo spinning his fists again before socking the metal beast in the cranium with another Thunder Punch. Meanwhile the shiny Elekid churns up a tundra of yellow stars which Swiftly pelt against the two Pokémon like shuriken. Mar manages to overcome his paralysis to dive ahead, taking most of the hit for the team as he crash lands into the paler of the enemies with a Tackle. The tyke yowls as it’s knocked off its feet, the comatose Finneon slipping out of its grip and sliding down the platform. Meanwhile Wildfire homes in on the unmarked Elekid with a flood of Extrasensory power, the golden ray startling the victim as it clouts it in the gut. As the shiny Elekid springs back to its feet it breaks into a run, flailing its fist which combusts with Fire, delivering another Punch to Mar who takes it like a trooper. Mar attempts to counter but his muscles appear to lock up in paralysis. Wildfire keeps the fight moving as he veers past the Aron, streaks of flying energy streaming off his fur as he darts into the foe with an Aerial Ace, ricocheting back to your side of the field and safely behind the iron monster. This isn’t so good for Mar though, as the normal Elekid sweeps at his ankles with another Low Kick, chipping away a huge amount of damage and leaving him looking worse for wear. The fight was taking its toll all around, but with Aron knocked out early you’d have trouble pulling a win. What will you do?
    Wildfire wasn't the only one scowling as the round played out; Melissa watched with clenched fists, as Mar took a heavy beating from the two Elekid, almost growling when he was knocked down. Her gaze darted towards the unconscious Stream lying on the platform. Well, at least one good thing came out of this round, she thought, returning her gaze to her Pokemon.

"Alright, guys. Stream's out of their hands for now! Wildfire, remember where Stream is and then Smokescreen. Once the Smokescreen's up, use Quick Attack to get to Stream and try to bring him back to our side of the platform. Mar, hang on a little longer, buddy! Use the Smokescreen as cover to hit them with another Shadow Claw. Then retreat and use another Harden." She hoped Mar could last the rest of the battle, thinking wryly that she should really look into planning out her battles better or leveling her team higher. She then pulled out Stream's Pokeball, as she kept an eye on the battle. Once he was back on their side of the platform, she was going to see if she could recall him; she shouldn't have any more problems if Wildfire could bring the butterflyfish over and the only thing left would be to beat the two Elekid. Hard.
    Last edited by myahoo; 3rd September 2012 at 8:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

A tourist magnet, Whale Island is a large region of land that was formed from volcanic activity a millennia ago. There is a strange abundance of electrical energy present on this island which, rather than posing a problem, has complemented the island entirely. The entire area is a haven for water w Pokémonith even the mountain craters filled to the brim, the abundance of water sports and holiday travel locations ensuring the time you spend here is never dull. Cities and townships are located all across the island, with resorts, inns, and travel lodges in ample supply. The Hydra River is the main waterway, starting up in the north-west area of the island and down through the Central Plains where the great Hydro-Electric Dam has been constructed, before leading down to the south-eastern corner of the island and back out to sea. Whether it's action water sports you're after, or just lazing on a nice stretch of beach somewhere, you'll definitely find the place you're looking for on the famous Whale Island.

Western Shore
    The western shore of Whale Island has more rocky, craggy cliffs than stunning sandy beaches, but has its own attractions nonetheless. Several villages and freshwater springs dot the area. Whether you're here for relaxation, adrenaline rushing water sports, or to find new Pokémon, you're sure to find something to keep you happy during your stay.

Areas:

Suicune's Effigy: A life size stone statue of the Legendary Aurora Suicune, depicted in an eternal roar. Some say the statue is real, and that Suicune comes to life when needed. Whether this is true or not, the statue has a powerful presence and some swear its eyes follow them as they pass by.

Lass El looked at the statue in front of her. Suicune, she'd heard so many stories of the beast and had loved them all. To her, it was the embodiment of everything she loved about water types; graceful, powerful, blue. Although the statue itself wasn't actually blue it was rather greyish but technicalities! It captured the utter terror she felt around the water now pretty well too, what with those vicious fangs.

Stupid phobia. She'd already gone to several more aquatic areas, but she just couldn't take it. Stupid stupid frustrating! She screamed skyward to try venting her anger. A pointless endeavor, shouting never really made her feel better. Drained, she collapsed on the ground, sitting.

"Why? I just wanted to help and now..." El looked up at the stone creature. "Now I'm angsting to a statue. Yeah, nice going El, brilliant life you're leading." Standing up again, she began stroking the statue. "Really, I'm pretty sure this would be enough to qualify someone as insane. Is a phobia a kind of insanity? Do pokémon even understand that as a concept?" Now she was kicking the ground. It was a half-hearted effort, barely scruffing her shoes. "Statues don't, that's for sure. Seriously El, pull yourself together!"

An idea. A half formed, probably useless idea, but an idea nonetheless. El let Sparow out of her pokéball. She called the bird close and gave her a hug. It was kind of awkward, avian isn't a body shape conductive to hugging. El rocked gently and muttered "You were worth it, you are worth it."

It was, a life is more valuable than a future after all. And although it was hard, there was never a doubt in her mind that she would be able to overcome this.

Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets

I seem to have been skipped over in the flurry of updating... I'd PM somebody, but I'm not particularly sure who to PM.

Ampere Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Hyrem found himself in the sand, heaving up seawater and forcing all of it out from his lungs before laying back down again in exhaustion. He could hear Delilah calling to him in joy then sat back up and saw Andy, Kray, and a new Pokemon, a Slugma who he assumed belonged to Andy, also with him. "Andy, you..." he started to say, then as a reflex searched his pocket for his Pokedex to register the Fire-type:

Slugma, the Lava Pokemon. It has lava for blood, which hardens if cooled. As a result, this Pokemon cannot stop to rest and is on a constant search for places with extreme heat, such as volcanoes.

His mind still tried to focus. "Where... are we?" he asked.

CRRACCK!!!

A deafening clap of thunder brings Hyrem fully back to reality and he remembered everything that had happened. One glance across the sea, and his heart skipped a beat. It was that Pokemon. "K...K...K...K...K..." he found himself unable to say the Pokemon's name, the hand that held his Pokedex trembling as he brought it up to register the creator of the sea...

Kyogre, the Sea Basin Pokemon. Legend has it that the torrential downpours it brought created the oceans. It is feared for this very power as it has the potential to flood the entire world. The only Pokemon that is said to sufficiently exhaust it is Groudon.

There it was. Right in front of him. One of two Legendary Pokemon his father had met that fateful day he talked about. The stare the orca gave him with those glowing yellow eyes shook him to the core. And on top of it stood Briney, the man who summoned it once again. His purpose was the same as Team Aqua's: flood the world, and allow the sea creatures to rule it for millions of years. Because he now held the Red Orb, he could control Kyogre. And Kyogre wasn't about to be outmatched by two measly, inexperienced trainers. All Hyrem could do was sit there in the sand and watch as the Sea Basin Pokemon approached them, knowing full well they would be overwhelmed without Kyogre batting an eye...

“What the hell are you kids doing out here?!” a salty voice snaps him out of his fear-induced trance.

The old man that came up to the two trainers and the Wingull both seemed very familiar... This had to be Briney's old man, Briney I! And the Pokemon next to him?

Wingull, the Seagull Pokemon. This Pokemon glides expertly on updrafts instead of flapping its wings to fly. Wingull prefer to nest on sheer cliffs to detract predators, and keep food around its nest stored for the winter. Its long beak is well designed to snatch treasures or prey such as small fish or rodents. Males then hide these objects all over the place to attract females to their nest.

"Gull gull!" the bird caws to them in distress.

“I’m Captain Briney and this is Peeko. We need to get to my boat and fast! You can tell me what happened to you both on the way just follow Peeko!” Briney and Peeko then head towards Pieli Harbour and urge the two to follow.

Hyrem coughs a little more before he says, "Man, don't know what's going on, but I really don't wanna stick around here! Come on, let's follow! Delilah, return and take a little rest!" He takes out his Pokeball and calls back his Chinchou before running up the beach and back towards Pieli Harbour, hoping Andy would follow.
    Upon hearing the loud splutter coming from Hyrem, Andy fell back on the beach in relief. That was certainly an experience he was certainly hoping he'd never have to go through again.

"Andy, you..." Hyrem started to say, before something else caught his attention. Andy looked on amazed as the first thing Hyrem chose to do on returning from the brink of death was register Iggy in his Pokedex. Andy half laughed, glad to see that Hyrem seemed to have quickly gotten over such a traumatic moment.
    "Where... are we?" Hyrem asked eventually.

Before Andy could answer, a deafening crash of thunder rended the sky above them causing both Trainers to look quickly back out to sea. What they saw was far from a welcoming sight. Staring back at them were two giant red eyes, Andy noted that they reminded him of Briney's eyes the last time they'd seen him, only this was on a far larger scale. As they made their way closer to the waters surface the sea itself seemed to part as the creature rose from it's depths. It needed no introduction, the legendary Pokemon Kyogre, the mythical beast that Captain Briney sought to control with the power of the Red Orb he'd stolen from the shipwreck. Andy was lost for words. He cast a quick glance over to Hyrem, who seemed to be equally speechless but still seemed to find the focus to scan Kyogre with his Pokedex.

As the legendary Pokemon made it's way to shore the sky seemed to grow darker, making it's approach seem all the more menacing. Atop the aquatic colossus stood Briney, glowing the same shade of red as the Pokemon he was now controlling, a Pokemon that could wipe Andy and Hyrem away without even trying. A feeling of hopelessness seemed to fall on both the Trainers, who could only stand and watch as their defeat came closer.

“What hell are you kids doing out here?!” A voice cut through the air, snapping both the paralysed Trainer back to reality. They both turn to see a man running along the beach towards them. He seemed to be an elderly fellow, but he had an energy about him one would expect from a man half his age. His appearance seemed to identify him as a Sailor, or what Andy had always imagined one to look like. But there was something else about this man, something that seemed incredibly familiar, another look over to Hyrem told Andy that he was thinking the same thing.

“I’m Captain Briney," The old Sailor said, as if he had just read their minds. Wait... this was Captain Briney? There were two of them now? Andy then almost kicked himself as he remembered the younger Briney mentioning his Grandfather just prior to stealing the Orb. This was obviously the man who stood before them now. "And this is Peeko." Old Briney continued, motioning to the bird Pokemon who had just landed on his shoulder after struggling to keep up in the stormy weather, Andy was not in any way surprised to see that Hyrem had his Pokedex in hand once again. "We need to get to my boat and fast! You can tell me what happened to you both on the way just follow Peeko!”

With that Old Briney and his Pokemon set off back along the beach. Andy and Hyrem exchanged uncertainly looks between each other until Hyrem finally spoke. "Man, don't know what's going on, but I really don't wanna stick around here! Come on, let's follow!" Returning Delilah to her Pokemon Hyrem broke into a run in pursuit. Not wanting to be left on the beach on his own, Andy hurriedly called back Kray and Iggy and followed suit.
    Last edited by Trainer Andy; 3rd September 2012 at 3:36 PM.

- - - -
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

Default Whale Island - 24

Deadlion, you weren't skipped by accident. I'm capped and don't have the spare time necessary to start up any new adventures. Balmund is the same I think, but it's possible new ZA might pick you up down the line.

Raine's Wildlife Park

Son of Shadows: Just as you’d gotten hyped up for the main event you’d been greeted by an awkward silence, your excitement dying away like the ripples in the tank. The crowd had broke into a commotion as you edged your way out of the bleachers, headed backstage with a thirst for vengeance. The whole thing reeked of Team Aqua, they’d been up to no good around the park all day and it was high time for revenge. You speed down the steps and skirt up the path surrounding the tank, headed toward where you’d been resuscitated just an hour ago. Breaking through a tunnel leading away from the arena you come to the huge inside area where the performers were being kept. There were several props and inflatables strewn around the backstage. Your eyes sweep the room spotting a large pool leading off to the arena where the performers had been coming and going from. The Lanturn pod were resting in a separate pool after a hard day’s show whilst the Wailmer were piled up around the edge of the water fighting each other off for a raw fish. And then with a shake of surprise you spot Shamu. Whilst he looked a little cramped there was nothing wrong with him – he was raring to go but something else was holding them up.

“Eurgh...” The sallow groan comes from ahead, and you quickly spot Raine spread against the floor with his head in an old chum bucket. Sweat was trickling down his pale face, and by the look of it he was riddled with food poisoning too. Terri was slapping him on the back encouragingly, but you could tell by the look in her face she was holding back from gagging herself as she sidled away from the sick trainer upon catching your gaze. You get the awful feeling you’d interrupted something and with no Team Aqua in sight you turn on the heel and set off toward the doors. A noise from outside stopped you in your tracks, the crowd were getting lairy, “SHAMU SHAMU SHAMU...” You feel the trainer’s eyes set on you and turn head, “They’ve never missed a show before”, Terri sighs “Shamu’s gunna be devastated if he doesn’t get to perform...” You pause, wanting to help but knowing there was nothing you could do. Suddenly Raine’s head emerges from the pail, eyes watery and nose running.

“The kid can do it”, he mutters and you can’t help but wonder if he’s caught a high fever as he points a feeble hand toward you, “Shamu trusts him... he healed him before the big show...” Terri looks as shocked as you, eyes darting between you both. She looks at the blue whale who was bobbing on the surface like a great big land mass, his head nodding animatedly. Terri still looks apprehensive, “Well, if the kid wanted to... All he’d have to do is perform a few tricks... Shamu would be the one doing all the work...” As the trainer paced ahead of Raine in deep thought you manage to process what was being asked of you. They wanted you to cover Raine on the big stage. Your heart seemed to pound with nerves before you could even give them an answer. After a while of pacing, Terri faces you with a half smile, waiting to see what you thought. Meanwhile, Raine’s head receded back into the chum bucket as he started retching again. Whilst you mulled over the decision you struggle to think straight, the noisy chanting scattering your thoughts, “SHAMU SHAMU SHAMU...”

If you accept Raine’s offer to appear on stage with Shamu, I want you to treat it like the appeal stage of a Pokémon Contest. You’ll need to incorporate 3 moves Wailord is capable of learning through level up into your appeal in your next reply. The audience’s overall reaction will be based on the creativity and flow of the appeal, and whilst this technically doesn’t effect your adventure, the better your appeal the more inclined I’ll be to give you a good reward at the end of the adventure ;P Best of luck!

Ampere Beach

Dark Searchman & Trainer Andy: Rain was hammering from the sky, the tide breaking at your feet as is grew higher on Kyogre’s approach. With Briney Sr. offering you refuge on his boat you both quickly jump to the offer. Scrambling to your feet you recall your water Pokémon, taking no time to beat the sand off your wetsuits as you rush up the beach not daring to look back. You both feel a bit beaten and bruised by the rough waves, Hyrem in particular as he clenches a throbbing shoulder which could’ve very well have been in the storm dislocated. With Briney in great need of filling in, you both take turns explaining everything that had happened whilst the other caught their breath. Another flash of lightning bores down overhead as you both blink away the spots, eyes fixed on the docks where you’d first embarked on the fateful cruise several hours ago. This is where it’d began, and you can’t help thinking this is where it’d all end. Your footsteps creek against the boardwalk as you both continue the sprint ahead, panting for air as the rainstorm obscures the view ahead. You skirt past the various beach houses, finally making your way back to Pieli Harbour which was just as deserted as the beach. The seagulls that’d been swooping above for scraps had cleared off to their cliff nests now, sans for Peeko who has settled on the mast of a shabby looking sail boat. The vessel couldn’t look anything less like the luxury liner you’d gone fishing aboard. You both share a look of unease as Briney clambers onto the wooden craft which shook under his weight.

“Don’t worry”, he grinned, “I’m the best sailor you’ll ever meet, you’re safer on here than any other boat!” he pats the hatch of the boat reassuringly, coaxing you both to clamber aboard. The boat shakes to one side before regaining balance as you both take a seat. Looking back at where Ampere Beach had been, you’d escaped just in the nick of time. The water level had risen several meters since you left, the tide beating against the beach houses and soon spreading inland. If you didn’t stop the orca’s storm soon it’d likely it’d sink the whole of Whale Island. But how on earth was this even possible? You were both amateur adventurers with nothing the likes of which could match the Sea Basin Pokémon. With these thoughts rattling through your brain you sit frozen in fear, the silence only broken by the loud clap of thunder. Briney is quick into action, untying the ship from the harbour and pulling the boom to face the strong gale. The sails billow as they fill with wind, pushing you away from the docks and into the treacherous seas. With every strong wave water swashes onto the deck, the sailor controlling the boat with intense concentration.

“So here’s the plan!” He yells over the blustering weather, “We distract Kyogre and my grandson whilst Peeko goes in for the Orb! Without the Orb, Kyogre will return to the ocean and everything will go back to normal!” You hear it loud and clear despite the rumbling skies, but remain frozen in fear. How on earth were you supposed to distract the Kyogre without it tearing through the ship? You share another glance, both at a loss for a better idea. Looking out into the open waters, you’d almost come to the intercept between Kyogre and Ampere Beach, by which point it’d no doubt destroy the shabby old sea vessel with a flick of its pectoral fin. Another bolt of lightning shocks you to life, and you look around the turbulent seas desperately for some help. Andy, dangling over the port side has to do a double take as a cast of crustaceans scuttled onto the rocky surface of the sea barrier – shaking their pincers eagerly. Made up mostly of Kingler and Crawdaunt, there were several Krabby and Corphish who looked the spitting image of Kray. On the starboard side, Hyrem was able to make out several glowing lights travelling fast through the black waters. As they grew brighter a pod of Lanturn and Chinchou broke through the surf alongside a swarm of Tynamo, Eelektrik and Eelektross. The deep sea dweller’s luminescence glimmered against the sail like yellow searchlights. As you turn back to face one another, you can’t help but share a wide grin brimming with optimism. The same idea was forming in both of your minds: Kray and Delilah round up their cousins for an attack, giving Peeko enough of a diversion to snag the Red Orb.

The wild crustaceans and deep sea predators will mimic whatever you order Kray and Delilah to do, respectively. Although if they have a stronger move they may use that e.g. Crabhammer instead of Chip Away. Treat this a bit like Kray and Delilah vs. Eelektrik on a much more epic scale: try and wear the Kyogre down so is defences are lowered for when Peeko comes in. Also inb4 Hyrem breaks his Pokédex by registering so many species :P

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: Unease tingles through your body as the golden cinders die away against the concrete showground, Ephraim’s gills flaring after burning so much fuel in one shot. With emotions already running high you take a real burning as the mermaid keeps up her mock commentary with tenacious sadism. You seem to spit back a retort before even processing it, looking to hit her where it really hurt. Whether this struck a nerve or not, there was no telling. She seemed to be satisfied enough by the new instalment of action breaking out below, a glint of fear dancing in your eyes as the Sharpedo went in. Despite your fast reflexes Ephraim was too tuckered out to dodge, taking a Bash right to the gut. The shark reels away its Skull subsiding to a navy hue, a light bulb suddenly flickering on your head as the next chain of orders came out like vomit. It was time this harlot got what was coming to her. You can’t help but repress a smirk as Ephraim soldiered on, spinning on the spot to create another Whirlpool. The enemy Sharpedo manages to get in another Aqua Jet before he’s sucked into the pull, swimming around helplessly as he tries to wrack a pair of brain cells together to remember how he got out last time.

This buys the seahorse enough time to tail off the round, going for a far more vicious opponent than the ravaging Sharpedo. His coronets flicker a brilliant pink which seems to spread warmth where you stood. Suddenly, a pink orb bursts from Ephraim’s ribcage and wanders upward like a bright beacon. You quickly catch sight of another orb gracefully sinking down to the coliseum and homing into the dragon. The bright ball hits Ephraim, sinking into his Heart. The second the glow dies out a glazed look dawns on Ephraim’s eyes. It quickly becomes clear the two had Swapped personalities. The seahorse’s opaque eyes closing into slits, a slew off low growls spewing into open water like a volcano releasing its pent up emotions into the darkness. The dragon seems to be having an internal struggle, its eyes fixed on you as it considers you. However he quickly changes his course, headed towards the Sharpedo with a look of unrivalled ferocity. Looks like it wouldn’t be too hard to finish off the bugger now, but by the sounds of things Ephraim wasn’t the only one suffering from an internal struggle... “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!... AAARRRGGGHH!” Her screams die away leaving your ears ringing in pain.

Then a softer, more desperate voice breaks the silence, “I can’t keep her out for much longer... She’s trying to buy time by distracting you... Over there, your friend is dying!” Your eyes sweep across the coliseum, finding the plinth binding the two hippies with a look of horror. The water surrounding Chong was stained a weak red that stemmed darkest around his waist. It was where the Sharpedo had ravaged him, but you were too caught up in battle to notice how gory it was. The wound seemed to have sent him unconscious as his head dangled weakly in the pool of his own blood. Lily was still struggling though, backfacing the stalagmite with no clue what’d become of her partner. What will you do?

Hydro-Electric Dam

Myahoo: The battle was really getting tough, Aron limping back to his feet with a whimper after taking hits for both allies. You manage to take one silver lining from a pretty harsh round, and that was that Stream had been knocked out of the shiny Elekid’s mitts and lay comatose on the platform. With another shot of orders you keep your eyes fixed on the fish, hoping to salvage him as soon as possible. Wildfire is first into action, belching up a thick cover of Smokescreen which seems to fill the room much faster than it did in the open air. With the match completely obscured from view, you focus on your other senses as the Pokémon continued to brawl. The rearmost Elekid is quick to counter with a flurry of Swift stars which glow brightly in the haze, homing into the two opponents in spite of reduced visibility. Native to caves the darkness doesn’t really faze Mar who scuttles forward and swipes one of the juveniles in the face with another Shadow Claw. The Elekid yelps as it fumbles backwards in the dark, blindly swinging back with a Thunder Punch and only managing to hit thin air. Meanwhile, Wildfire remembers the spot he last saw the butterfly fish and heads there with blinding speed. Quickly grabbing the Finneon in his mouth, he does a U-turn back to his side of the arena, Attack the shiny Elekid with a shoulder barge on the way. The electric type shakes its fist in fury, Lowering its legs for another Kick. The sweep knocks the echidna on its back, squealing as Stream falls out of its mouth and flies through the smoky air. Landing somewhere in the middle of the field, you focus instead of Aron for the time being who Hardens his body another peg. This comes in perfect time as the Elekid Punches him with a fist full of Fire, yelping in pain after hitting such a hard surface. Although the Finneon was lost somewhere in the fray, it looked like the electric double act was tiring out and could easily go down in the next round. What will you do?
    Last edited by Emp; 4th September 2012 at 1:51 AM.

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: Unease tingles through your body as the golden cinders die away against the concrete showground, Ephraim’s gills flaring after burning so much fuel in one shot. With emotions already running high you take a real burning as the mermaid keeps up her mock commentary with tenacious sadism. You seem to spit back a retort before even processing it, looking to hit her where it really hurt. Whether this struck a nerve or not, there was no telling. She seemed to be satisfied enough by the new instalment of action breaking out below, a glint of fear dancing in your eyes as the Sharpedo went in. Despite your fast reflexes Ephraim was too tuckered out to dodge, taking a Bash right to the gut. The shark reels away its Skull subsiding to a navy hue, a light bulb suddenly flickering on your head as the next chain of orders came out like vomit. It was time this harlot got what was coming to her. You can’t help but repress a smirk as Ephraim soldiered on, spinning on the spot to create another Whirlpool. The enemy Sharpedo manages to get in another Aqua Jet before he’s sucked into the pull, swimming around helplessly as he tries to wrack a pair of brain cells together to remember how he got out last time.

This buys the seahorse enough time to tail off the round, going for a far more vicious opponent than the ravaging Sharpedo. His coronets flicker a brilliant pink which seems to spread warmth where you stood. Suddenly, a pink orb bursts from Ephraim’s ribcage and wanders upward like a bright beacon. You quickly catch sight of another orb gracefully sinking down to the coliseum and homing into the dragon. The bright ball hits Ephraim, sinking into his Heart. The second the glow dies out a glazed look dawns on Ephraim’s eyes. It quickly becomes clear the two had Swapped personalities. The seahorse’s opaque eyes closing into slits, a slew off low growls spewing into open water like a volcano releasing its pent up emotions into the darkness. The dragon seems to be having an internal struggle, its eyes fixed on you as it considers you. However he quickly changes his course, headed towards the Sharpedo with a look of unrivalled ferocity. Looks like it wouldn’t be too hard to finish off the bugger now, but by the sounds of things Ephraim wasn’t the only one suffering from an internal struggle... “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!... AAARRRGGGHH!” Her screams die away leaving your ears ringing in pain.

Then a softer, more desperate voice breaks the silence, “I can’t keep her out for much longer... She’s trying to buy time by distracting you... Over there, your friend is dying!” Your eyes sweep across the coliseum, finding the plinth binding the two hippies with a look of horror. The water surrounding Chong was stained a weak red that stemmed darkest around his waist. It was where the Sharpedo had ravaged him, but you were too caught up in battle to notice how gory it was. The wound seemed to have sent him unconscious as his head dangled weakly in the pool of his own blood. Lily was still struggling though, backfacing the stalagmite with no clue what’d become of her partner. What will you do?
    Ephraim was unfortunately too tired to even attempt dodging the Sharpedo's vicious ram. Nonetheless, the Kingdra holds on, and counters by sucking the Sharpedo in with yet another towering Whirlpool before moving on the the next part of the plan. Flickeirng a brilliant pink, a pink orb bursts out of Ephraim's chest and flies upwards before another one comes flying back down into his chest; effectively swapping hearts with none other than Melćna herself! With the siren's feelings flowing into the Dragon-type, Ephraim's expression darkens as he undergoes an internal struggle of his own. In truth, Balmund had not altogether dismissed the idea of having his own Pokémon turn against him as a result, but Balmund was placing his bet on the Kingdra's gentle side to overpower them altoghether. At least for now, he focused his newfound ferocity on the proper target. "He's all yours!" Balmund cheered him on, allowing him to take the shark out in whatever way he pleased. "I absolutely trust you!" He then added.

A shrill scream rings then rings down the arena as the siren too was conflicted with her new change of heart, apparently going mad in the process. A gentler voice then seems to surface out of her; her other personality trying her hardest to supress her other, far more chaotic side. She points out to Chong who already was on death's door as he bled to death from his previous wound. "Dammit! Hold on!" Balmund immediately begged as he swam towards them without giving it a second though. He wasn't even sure he could free the couple, but time was ticking against him, and Chong's chances of survival were waning with each passing second. Balmund only had basic first aid training, and he knew he had to stop or slow down the bleeding somehow. Maybe he could use the binding itself to tightly knot it around him and apply some pressure. At worst, he would need to manually apply pressure with his own hand as he had Ephraim break the bindings loose himself. Regardless, this was all just pure madness. What would he do then after after breaking them free? Where would they go? Who could he turn to for help? He didn't even have his equipment in hand, but one just can't idly stand and do nothing, can one?

Hydro-Electric Dam

Myahoo: The battle was really getting tough, Aron limping back to his feet with a whimper after taking hits for both allies. You manage to take one silver lining from a pretty harsh round, and that was that Stream had been knocked out of the shiny Elekid’s mitts and lay comatose on the platform. With another shot of orders you keep your eyes fixed on the fish, hoping to salvage him as soon as possible. Wildfire is first into action, belching up a thick cover of Smokescreen which seems to fill the room much faster than it did in the open air. With the match completely obscured from view, you focus on your other senses as the Pokémon continued to brawl. The rearmost Elekid is quick to counter with a flurry of Swift stars which glow brightly in the haze, homing into the two opponents in spite of reduced visibility. Native to caves the darkness doesn’t really faze Mar who scuttles forward and swipes one of the juveniles in the face with another Shadow Claw. The Elekid yelps as it fumbles backwards in the dark, blindly swinging back with a Thunder Punch and only managing to hit thin air. Meanwhile, Wildfire remembers the spot he last saw the butterfly fish and heads there with blinding speed. Quickly grabbing the Finneon in his mouth, he does a U-turn back to his side of the arena, Attack the shiny Elekid with a shoulder barge on the way. The electric type shakes its fist in fury, Lowering its legs for another Kick. The sweep knocks the echidna on its back, squealing as Stream falls out of its mouth and flies through the smoky air. Landing somewhere in the middle of the field, you focus instead of Aron for the time being who Hardens his body another peg. This comes in perfect time as the Elekid Punches him with a fist full of Fire, yelping in pain after hitting such a hard surface. Although the Finneon was lost somewhere in the fray, it looked like the electric double act was tiring out and could easily go down in the next round. What will you do?
    The teen grimaced, as the room filled with the black smoke; she always forgot how a Smokescreen made it more difficult to keep an eye on the battle. Straining her eyes and ears, she spotted the Swift stars from where she remembered the rear Elekid to be and watched as they hit her two Pokemon. Well, at least she knew where they were now. A streak of darkness followed by a yelp told her Mar's Shadow Claw had landed and the replying burst of electricity hitting thin air made her grin. Wildfire's squeal had her frowning again, though she couldn't see what had happened; she figured he'd gotten hit again by one of the Elekid and lost Stream in the process. A flaming fist caught her attention next and she grinned again when the Elekid hit Mar's Hardened body. Serves him right for trying to eat her Pokemon.

Figuring her two Pokemon were more at home in the Smokescreen than the pair of Elekid were, Melissa decided they might as well attack while they had cover. "Wildfire, let's hit them hard with a Crush Claw, followed by a Naturepower. Mar, we've got a chance to pay them back for all the hits you had to take! Give them a Dragon Rush and a Headbutt for good measure. Be careful that you don't fall off the platform, okay?" She replaced Stream's Pokeball on her belt as she called out her orders; there was no point in hanging on to it while she couldn't see where her Pokemon was. Anxiously, she strained her eyes and ears, waiting for the next round to pass.

Default Whale Island - 25

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: With Ephraim’s change of hearts triggering the siren’s split personality you’re left with a much bigger dilemma as she alerts you to the prisoners. Chong was surrounded by a mist of red, dangling from his bounds comatose through extreme blood loss. Your heart starts to race, and confident that the enemy Sharpedo was in for a world of pain courtesy of the frenzied seahorse you dash down the amphitheatre as fast as your tailfin would carry you. Closing the distance your nose wrinkles at the strong smell of blood, and examining his wound all hope seems to ebb away. A huge chunk of his flesh had been ripped out by the shark attack, bits of bone and intestine making you flinch in aversion. At a loss for what to do you start shuffling around the bounds in hopes of creating a blood clot, but it’d do no good to a wound this gory. Panic stricken and eyes flitting up and down his body for some sign of life, you finally muster up enough sense to test his pulse. Sticking your thumb in his beardy neck you know in an instant – he was a goner. That was two lives taken by the mermaid for your suffering, and your mourning is quickly drowned out by the boiling rage. Still shaking with rage it takes a loud Pulse that ripples down the stadium to knock you out of your frenzy. Looking back over your shoulder, the Dragon had destroyed its enemy with the devastating blast – still glaring at the fish carcass with a look of malevolence. Level up for Ephraim! With the battle over the glaze lifts from his eyes as the Heart Swap wears off. That could only mean one thing...

“Congratulations sweetie! Looks like you are quite skilful after all... It’s a shame you were such a selfish bastard and didn’t even bother to help your friends”, she breaks into another goading laugh, “Poor Lily is going to be heartbroken. I guess we both have something in common...” You feel yourself struggling to muster the words just spiteful enough until a loud grinding sound pierces your ear drums. A huge iron wrought gate had cracked open ahead leading to another dungeon.

“I’ll tell you what. If you go on alone I will set them free. It’s men I hate, so it’d be a shame for the woman and your Pokémon to die with you”, something seems genuine about her proposition this time. Perhaps she felt with Ephraim by your side you had a slim chance of escaping. The mermaid leaves you on a sinister note, “If you refuse or struggle, I’ll kill her”. This time you could swear she wasn’t bluffing. If you wanted to put a stop to this bloodshed you’d need to sacrifice yourself and continue her games alone. Just you and her... What will you do?

Hydro-Electric Dam

Myahoo: After a long hard struggle the signs of the battle reaching its closing stages were all around. As you strained through the thick smokescreen you could see both parties were worse for wear. The sound of exhausted panting was barely audible over the gushing river ahead. Ready to finish this and recover Stream once and for all you send off a final volley of orders and the fatigued battlers slug it out. First off the bat is Wildfire, who bounds down the side of plinth with Claws bare – cuffing the shiny Elekid for a Crushing blow. The Pokémon tumbles rearward like a ragdoll, still struggling to see anything in the deep haze. It lets off another volley of Swift which splashes against both the allies for another nice hit. Not really phased by the attack Mar breaks into a Dragon Rush, purple flames combusting down his metal carapace as he slams into the normal Elekid. The juvenile is likewise knocked off its feet, sparks flying between its prongs as it ricochets back into the action. With another sweep of his foot he clips the metal beast with a Low Kick, Aron roaring in pain and hanging on by the skin of his teeth. With both the electric types teetering on the brink Wildfire and Mar go in for the finisher. They switch targets with the echidna shooting off a Nature Power which manifests itself as a Thunder. The huge burst of lightning arcs down and fries the foe delivering a clean KO. At the same time Mar’s hardened cranium makes level with the shiny Elekid’s torso Headbutting it into the power turbine and knocking her out at the same time. Level Up for Wildfire and Mar!

The two Pokémon grin at their shared victory, and as the guise of smoke starts to wane you brandish three Pokéballs and recall the fighters to your side of the generator. Happy to have your team in one piece you check your watch to see how you were for time: 2:15 PM! The battle had taken a lot longer than you’d expected and you were fifteen minutes late for meeting back with Volkner! Whilst you weren’t all that keen on the guy you didn’t like the idea of keeping him waiting. You quickly turn on the heel and sprint back through the corridors of the dam interior. Panting as you reached the rendezvous point it takes you a few seconds to realise you were alone. He could’ve gone on without you, and whilst this seemed like a likely story it’s quickly squashed when you spot the jolts of electricity bouncing between the force field leading to the main generator. It was still active. Stricken with uncertainty you then start to wonder if the gym leader faced more trouble than he could handle. Worry starts to take shape, and whilst Volkner was arrogant and reckless you definitely didn’t wish him any harm. Maybe you ought to check the basement out. What will you do?

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: With Ephraim’s change of hearts triggering the siren’s split personality you’re left with a much bigger dilemma as she alerts you to the prisoners. Chong was surrounded by a mist of red, dangling from his bounds comatose through extreme blood loss. Your heart starts to race, and confident that the enemy Sharpedo was in for a world of pain courtesy of the frenzied seahorse you dash down the amphitheatre as fast as your tailfin would carry you. Closing the distance your nose wrinkles at the strong smell of blood, and examining his wound all hope seems to ebb away. A huge chunk of his flesh had been ripped out by the shark attack, bits of bone and intestine making you flinch in aversion. At a loss for what to do you start shuffling around the bounds in hopes of creating a blood clot, but it’d do no good to a wound this gory. Panic stricken and eyes flitting up and down his body for some sign of life, you finally muster up enough sense to test his pulse. Sticking your thumb in his beardy neck you know in an instant – he was a goner. That was two lives taken by the mermaid for your suffering, and your mourning is quickly drowned out by the boiling rage. Still shaking with rage it takes a loud Pulse that ripples down the stadium to knock you out of your frenzy. Looking back over your shoulder, the Dragon had destroyed its enemy with the devastating blast – still glaring at the fish carcass with a look of malevolence. Level up for Ephraim! With the battle over the glaze lifts from his eyes as the Heart Swap wears off. That could only mean one thing...

“Congratulations sweetie! Looks like you are quite skilful after all... It’s a shame you were such a selfish bastard and didn’t even bother to help your friends”, she breaks into another goading laugh, “Poor Lily is going to be heartbroken. I guess we both have something in common...” You feel yourself struggling to muster the words just spiteful enough until a loud grinding sound pierces your ear drums. A huge iron wrought gate had cracked open ahead leading to another dungeon.

“I’ll tell you what. If you go on alone I will set them free. It’s men I hate, so it’d be a shame for the woman and your Pokémon to die with you”, something seems genuine about her proposition this time. Perhaps she felt with Ephraim by your side you had a slim chance of escaping. The mermaid leaves you on a sinister note, “If you refuse or struggle, I’ll kill her”. This time you could swear she wasn’t bluffing. If you wanted to put a stop to this bloodshed you’d need to sacrifice yourself and continue her games alone. Just you and her... What will you do?
    Rushing into the aid of his friend, Balmund is horrified as he realizes there's little he can do. From up close, the wound was clearly far more serious than what he had imagined, and as Balmund finally checks his pulse he confirms without a shadow of a doubt his worst fear; Chong was a goner. Sadness and, even most prominently, rage, boils inside of him as he stares into the lifeless face of the once laidback hippie. His thoughts are then momentarily held back as Balmund listens to loud blast, turning around to witness Ephraim's victory over the Sharpedo. That was precisely the one who had inflicted such a wound on Chong, wasn't it? At least justice, in part, was rightfully served.

Ephraim's face seems to return to normality, which could only mean that the siren too had come back to her senses, and indeed she does only to goad him further and sarcastically congratulate him for his survival. Balmund's eyes narrow with intensity as he thinks of a appropriately spiteful response, but in turn he's surprised as he hears a loud grinding noise of an iron gate cracking open nearby. He listens intently as Melćna offers him to accept this one challenge alone if he ever wished Lily and Ephraim to remain safe. Her hatred was only towards men, after all, and that much he could sense was true. For a moment, Balmund silently debated with himself - this wasn't an easy decision to make at all, and she did seem very intent on taking all their lives just moments ago after all, but eventually he makes up his mind. He had just had it with the bloodshed, and if going in alone was all it took to ensure the safety of the others, then by all means, that's what he would do. Though he didn't have any intention of dying out there, he felt this was likely going to be the last chance he would get to bid his loved ones goodbye.

"Ephraim, do not follow me, that's an order. Look for the others, and let them know I love them." He approaches the Kingdra and pets him gently before turning to Lily. "I'm really sorry." Was all he could bring himself to say before turning to the sadistic orchestrator of this whole event. Balmund merely nods with an stern gaze before silently swimming towards the dungeon, preparing himself for the worst.

(Ephraim raises from Lv.60 to Lv.61.)
    Last edited by Balmund; 4th September 2012 at 4:25 PM.

Cascade Waterfall

Kaisap: Love was in the air above as you peered through the leafy canopy, the Hoothoot crooning affectionately in a lovesick trance. Both fighters were looking worse for wear; the owl’s feathers ruffled and singed as it hung feebly in the air whilst Kitty’s downy fur was mottled red peck marks. With a window of opportunity swung open you’re quick to take advantage of the bird’s incapacitated state, volleying what looked to be the last set of orders. Smiling just enough to show her pointy fangs, the kitten loosens her grip on the branch - her back curved and her tail raised high as she prepared to pounce. You strain your eyes with baited breath, the treetops rife with action as the Skitty suddenly springs from her position and made for Hoothoot! The feline Tackles into the bird sending them in a freefall through the leafy mesa. Kitty wrows as the owl hoots hysterically, the two pecking, scratching and swinging for each other as they hit every branch on the way down. It’d be fair to say that romance is dead as they crash land on a net of vines just a reach from your position. The Hoothoot balances lop-sidedly on one foot, hanging on by the skin of its teeth. With one dive forward it gouges Kitty’s eye with a Peck, the cat screeching in mangled pain and fury. Going in for the kill, the feline churns up another inferno which Incinerates the lattice of ivy as it parries toward the enemy. You watch on with a glint pride as the cat’s beady eyes flicker in the dancing flames, the ebbing cinders unveiling a KO’d Hoothoot. Level Up for Kitty

The kitten paws at the unconscious owl like a ball of twine before stuffing it in her mouth. At a safe height she bounds light-footedly down to the forest floor, dropping the bird at your feet like a present... Gross! Before you can even summon the words for it a nervous gruff courtesy of the Donphan momma dashes your thoughts. There was a bewildered look in her darting eyes as she suddenly started pushing her babies into the woods with her tire-like snout. Your questions are quickly answered by a low ‘chopping’ sound prickling your ears. You strain for a better listen as the Donphan trumpets, rallying the parade of Phanpy further into the safety of the undercanopy. The noise was homing in, the watering hole completely deserted now aside from the thunder of the crashing cascade. Your heart starts to race as Kitty nuzzles between your legs, its head curiously following the growing ‘chopping’. Suddenly a harsh wind starts to blow down on your position, the gale blustering through the trees, their branches bending and foliage shedding. You look up through the opening in the canopy, spotting a jet black apache helicopter with a red R painted on its doors. Recognising the scarlet insignia as the sign of Team Rocket, you instinctively scoop up Kitty and dive out of the criminal’s line of sight. The chopping of the helicopter blades starts to move toward the lake which was now rippling in the blustering wind of the apache. From what you can see through the trees the doors had whooshed open to let loose a Wheezing which spiralled downward belching a thick Smokescreen over the fresh air. As the black haze carpeted the lake you catch one last glimpse of the Donphan bellowing and stomping its feet, it must have hung back to protect its babies! The billowing smoke quickly consumes the Donphan, forcing you to rely on your ears for what happens next. Two pairs of feet land on the bank, the elephant trumpets becoming muffled as it struggled into submission followed by a loud crash as it toppled over on its own weight.

“Tranquiliser darts loaded with Seviper venom”, a female voice states amidst the smokescreen.

“Nice”, the male voice replies, “Looks like this one’ll sell for a lot. Really long tusks”

“We’re not out of the woods yet Ted, wasn’t there a Ranger spotted in the vicinity?”

“I wouldn’t worry about that, Bundy. Our intel tells us he’s the worst ranger in the academy!”

The two guffaw as their voices lift off into the air, drowned out by the chopping of the helicopter setting course toward the waterfall. With the smoke starting to thin you manage to make out its spinning silhouette as it disappears over the cascade, Donphan in its mitts. You feel a sudden pang of guilt for not doing anything. It was over in such a flash that you didn’t have a chance, and if you didn’t act fast the Phanpy calfs would be left without a mother. Before you could even gather your racing thoughts and begin to formulate a rescue plan, your attention is dashed by the snapping of branches from behind. Suddenly a young man donning black overalls and a red ranger jacket breaks out of the forest, wheezing as he bends down to his legs to gather his breath. You take one look at the teen, beads of sweat trickling down his forehead and leaving a patch on his chest, his glasses askew and his combed hair looking windswept and ruffled. After a long minute of panting he raises his head, his green eyes locking on yours as he struggles to string together a sentence, “Have you se-se-seen a Team R-r-rocket helicopter? I-I-I’ve been following it for hours! My n-names Deadalus by the way” He says, outstretching a hand for you to shake before quickly deciding to comb the dark strands of hair out of his face instead. What will you do?
    Hoothoot’s sudden feelings for Kitty were going to be his downfall. Kitty loosened her grip on the branch a bit, revealing her teeth with a smile. The little feline then pounced at Hoothoot with Tackle, managing to throw both of them into a downfall through the trees and branches. Screaming, scratching, pecking and hooting the blurry ball of Kitty and Hoothoot fell down on some vines, effectively getting Hoothoot stuck by his foot. This didn’t stop him from diving at Kitty with Peck, hitting the feline right in the eye and causing her to cry out in pain and anger. Kitty needed no further motivation to fire up another Incinerate at the vines, the flames dancing along them right to Hoothoot, crisping him and creating a screen of smoke while at it. Noriko felt a drop of sweat appear on her face as she watched Kitty stare at the flames with intense enjoyment.

As the smokescreen faded, the Hoothoot appeared to be very much knocked out. Kitty smiled happily, bouncing on her spot in celebration of her victory. Then she leaped over to Hoothoot, poking him with her paw before…snatching the little bird between her teeth. Noriko’s eyes went wide as Kitty bounched from branch to branch, all the way to ground-level, before setting the fried bird in front of Noriko’s feet. Kitty seemed more than proud of herself, waiting for the compliments on a job well done.

Noriko couldn’t manage to make the words come to her brain. Out of the blue, the mother Donphan started pushing her babies to the woods. A small sound could be heard in the distance – but it was getting louder and closer by the second. Donphan made a loud noise with her trunk, the bundles of joy gathering to her fast as light. Kitty had stepped behind Noriko’s legs, curiously trying to get a peek of whatever was making the noise.

A black helicopter with a bright red R-insignia on it started landing over the lake. Noriko hadn’t wasted time getting into hiding as soon as she recognized the sign of Team Rocket. For some reason the helicopter didn’t land – it hovered above the trees, blowing wind on the small area. The side-door opened and Noriko could barely make out a Weezing floating in the doorway…right before it released a Smokescreen all over the place. Donphan started making a very distressed noise: she had stayed behind! Not able to see anything, Noriko tried to hear what was going on instead.

Two sounds of feet landing on the ground hinted at a human presence. What bothered Noriko more was the distressed sound of Donphan, who was also stomping her feet from the sounds of it. Suddenly, the cries were muffled and something very, very heavy crashed on the ground. Was that Donphan?

“Tranquiliser darts loaded with Seviper venom”, said a female voice from the smoke.

“Nice”, a male voice replied, seemingly happy with their results. “Looks like this one’ll sell for a lot. Really long tusks!” Noriko bit her lip. Poachers, of course.

“We’re not out of the woods yet Ted, wasn’t there a Ranger spotted in the vicinity?”

“I wouldn’t worry about that, Bundy. Our intel tells us he’s the worst ranger in the academy!”

The duo seemed to get on the helicopter, which was rising up to the sky with Donphan on it. Luckily enough the smoke was clearing up and Noriko could see the helicopter heading for and over the waterfall. The sad sound of the little Phanphies crying after their mother could now be clearly heard. Of course Noriko was going to go save Donphan, but before she could get any further than that in her mind, there was loud noise from the bush…right before a young man popped out. He had on black overalls and a red jacket that Noriko recognized to be the iconic clothing item of the rangers. Despite such a high status, the rest of his appearance was less than desirable: messy hair, crooked glasses, and a visible sweat stain smack in the middle of his chest. His green eyes were striking though.

“Have you se-se-seen a Team R-r-rocket helicopter? I-I-I’ve been following it for hours! My n-names Deadalus by the way” the young man said, breath wheezing as he doubled over and tried to catch his breath. He still managed to stick out a hand for a handshake, but as soon as Noriko reached for it he pulled it back, re-arranging his dark hair instead. Noriko decided to go for a bow instead.

“Nice to meet you, Deadalus, I’m Noriko. And I have seen a Team Rocket helicopter, just a few minutes ago in fact.” She helpfully pointed toward the waterfall. “They went that way, but they’ve kidnapped a female Donphan that I want to save. Well, need to save is more like it; I can’t leave her babies without a mother.” Noriko picked up Kitty from the ground, turning her full attention to Deadalus. “This is my partner, Kitty, by the way. Since you seem to be a Ranger and after them, we’re coming with you. We can handle ourselves and won’t get in the way.” She stared down at Deadalus with all the determination she could muster, Kitty doing the best possible imitation of her trainer at the same time.

Hydro-Electric Dam

Myahoo: After a long hard struggle the signs of the battle reaching its closing stages were all around. As you strained through the thick smokescreen you could see both parties were worse for wear. The sound of exhausted panting was barely audible over the gushing river ahead. Ready to finish this and recover Stream once and for all you send off a final volley of orders and the fatigued battlers slug it out. First off the bat is Wildfire, who bounds down the side of plinth with Claws bare – cuffing the shiny Elekid for a Crushing blow. The Pokémon tumbles rearward like a ragdoll, still struggling to see anything in the deep haze. It lets off another volley of Swift which splashes against both the allies for another nice hit. Not really phased by the attack Mar breaks into a Dragon Rush, purple flames combusting down his metal carapace as he slams into the normal Elekid. The juvenile is likewise knocked off its feet, sparks flying between its prongs as it ricochets back into the action. With another sweep of his foot he clips the metal beast with a Low Kick, Aron roaring in pain and hanging on by the skin of his teeth. With both the electric types teetering on the brink Wildfire and Mar go in for the finisher. They switch targets with the echidna shooting off a Nature Power which manifests itself as a Thunder. The huge burst of lightning arcs down and fries the foe delivering a clean KO. At the same time Mar’s hardened cranium makes level with the shiny Elekid’s torso Headbutting it into the power turbine and knocking her out at the same time. Level Up for Wildfire and Mar!

The two Pokémon grin at their shared victory, and as the guise of smoke starts to wane you brandish three Pokéballs and recall the fighters to your side of the generator. Happy to have your team in one piece you check your watch to see how you were for time: 2:15 PM! The battle had taken a lot longer than you’d expected and you were fifteen minutes late for meeting back with Volkner! Whilst you weren’t all that keen on the guy you didn’t like the idea of keeping him waiting. You quickly turn on the heel and sprint back through the corridors of the dam interior. Panting as you reached the rendezvous point it takes you a few seconds to realise you were alone. He could’ve gone on without you, and whilst this seemed like a likely story it’s quickly squashed when you spot the jolts of electricity bouncing between the force field leading to the main generator. It was still active. Stricken with uncertainty you then start to wonder if the gym leader faced more trouble than he could handle. Worry starts to take shape, and whilst Volkner was arrogant and reckless you definitely didn’t wish him any harm. Maybe you ought to check the basement out. What will you do?
    She didn't see Wildfire's hit on the shiny Elekid, but the Elekid's responding Swift told her exactly where her two fighters were. Mar definitely lit himself up afterwords when he charged an Elekid down covered with purple flames. Melissa winced at Mar's pained roar, guessing one of the opponents had landed another Low Kick; she hoped he was able to endure it. Not being able to see when the pair sends their finishing moves, the teen feels a momentary surge of panic at the burst of Thunder flying down the platform and then a solid thunk of something hitting something metal.

She strained her eyes anxiously as the Smokescreen faded and grinned widely at the sight of the two knocked-out Elekid. Mar and Wildfire exchanged their own grins, still high on their victory, as their trainer pulled out three Pokeballs. In a bright flash of red light, the three Pokemon are dematerialized and returned to their respective spheres, Melissa feeling relieved that she had all three of them back. The fatigued Cyndaquil unsurprisingly burst out of his Pokeball at the same time that the teen checked her watch: 2:15 PM! She immediately began to panic; she was late for their rendezvous. Cursing under her breath, she scooped up her starter, spun on her heel, and bolted back to the three-way fork, hoping that Volkner wouldn't get too mad if she told him she had been in a decently challenging battle.

She panted when she reached the agreed-upon point, leaning over to catch her breath. The echidna glanced around for the blond Gym Leader and noticed a lack of him immediately. Once Melissa regained her breath, he pointed this out to her. "Cyn-da-quil, quil, quil."

Frowning, the brunette cast her gaze around their meeting point and confirmed the absence of the Gym Leader. Her first thought is that he went on when she didn't show up, eager to find his adventure, but a glance to the protected entryway proved that wrong; it was still sparking and she doubted the possibility that Volkner had found some way of passing the electricity over the course of a single Pokemon battle.

She glanced towards the left path uncertainly. Should she go see if he needed any help? He could have gotten into something much bigger than he thought, she worried, but then how would she be able to help? He was a Gym Leader, after all, and she was just a beginning trainer/adventurer. His Pokemon were bound to be much stronger than hers and if he couldn't beat whatever he was facing, how was her much weaker team supposed to save his ***? She glanced again at the left path. Not to mention, his personality grated harshly against her own. Why should she go help his reckless bastard *** when he'd gone looking for trouble earlier and foisted a simple cleaning job on her? He'd thrown a veritable tantrum when he'd found out that it was only debris and mud that was blocking the turbine; how would he react if she had to save him from whatever he'd run into? She glanced again at the path, still hovering indecisively as Wildfire dozed in her arms. But she couldn't just leave him there; her own conscience couldn't justify not lending a hand, even if she knew she wasn't going to get anything in return. Well, except maybe a favor, if he was feeling up to acting mature, but she was honestly expecting another tantrum instead. A scowl had formed at her thoughts, but she huffed and headed down the left path, gently cradling her starter as he dozed on. That Gym Leader had better appreciate her aid.

Wildfire goes from Lv. 17 to Lv. 18. Mar goes from Lv. 13 to Lv. 14.

Raine's Wildlife Park

Son of Shadows: Just as you’d gotten hyped up for the main event you’d been greeted by an awkward silence, your excitement dying away like the ripples in the tank. The crowd had broke into a commotion as you edged your way out of the bleachers, headed backstage with a thirst for vengeance. The whole thing reeked of Team Aqua, they’d been up to no good around the park all day and it was high time for revenge. You speed down the steps and skirt up the path surrounding the tank, headed toward where you’d been resuscitated just an hour ago. Breaking through a tunnel leading away from the arena you come to the huge inside area where the performers were being kept. There were several props and inflatables strewn around the backstage. Your eyes sweep the room spotting a large pool leading off to the arena where the performers had been coming and going from. The Lanturn pod were resting in a separate pool after a hard day’s show whilst the Wailmer were piled up around the edge of the water fighting each other off for a raw fish. And then with a shake of surprise you spot Shamu. Whilst he looked a little cramped there was nothing wrong with him – he was raring to go but something else was holding them up.

“Eurgh...” The sallow groan comes from ahead, and you quickly spot Raine spread against the floor with his head in an old chum bucket. Sweat was trickling down his pale face, and by the look of it he was riddled with food poisoning too. Terri was slapping him on the back encouragingly, but you could tell by the look in her face she was holding back from gagging herself as she sidled away from the sick trainer upon catching your gaze. You get the awful feeling you’d interrupted something and with no Team Aqua in sight you turn on the heel and set off toward the doors. A noise from outside stopped you in your tracks, the crowd were getting lairy, “SHAMU SHAMU SHAMU...” You feel the trainer’s eyes set on you and turn head, “They’ve never missed a show before”, Terri sighs “Shamu’s gunna be devastated if he doesn’t get to perform...” You pause, wanting to help but knowing there was nothing you could do. Suddenly Raine’s head emerges from the pail, eyes watery and nose running.

“The kid can do it”, he mutters and you can’t help but wonder if he’s caught a high fever as he points a feeble hand toward you, “Shamu trusts him... he healed him before the big show...” Terri looks as shocked as you, eyes darting between you both. She looks at the blue whale who was bobbing on the surface like a great big land mass, his head nodding animatedly. Terri still looks apprehensive, “Well, if the kid wanted to... All he’d have to do is perform a few tricks... Shamu would be the one doing all the work...” As the trainer paced ahead of Raine in deep thought you manage to process what was being asked of you. They wanted you to cover Raine on the big stage. Your heart seemed to pound with nerves before you could even give them an answer. After a while of pacing, Terri faces you with a half smile, waiting to see what you thought. Meanwhile, Raine’s head receded back into the chum bucket as he started retching again. Whilst you mulled over the decision you struggle to think straight, the noisy chanting scattering your thoughts, “SHAMU SHAMU SHAMU...”

If you accept Raine’s offer to appear on stage with Shamu, I want you to treat it like the appeal stage of a Pokémon Contest. You’ll need to incorporate 3 moves Wailord is capable of learning through level up into your appeal in your next reply. The audience’s overall reaction will be based on the creativity and flow of the appeal, and whilst this technically doesn’t effect your adventure, the better your appeal the more inclined I’ll be to give you a good reward at the end of the adventure ;P Best of luck!

So, it seemed the problem was not with Shamu, as Joshua learned when he headed backstage. Raine had unexpectedly fallen ill, from food poisoning too by the looks of it. Coincidence? He wasn't sure at this point, but his Lum Berries probably wouldn't work on Raine, sadly. It seemed the show would be cancelled for sure, or Terri would take the helm. That seemed most likely. Joshua made to return to his seat... And then he heard the chanting. The crowd calling out for the great Wailord. The mermaid seemed troubled. "They’ve never missed a show before... Shamu’s gunna be devastated if he doesn’t get to perform...” she sighed. Could he really not perform without Raine? Why couldn't the mermaid take command, would it be so hard? Raine, however, in his feverish state, had other ideas.

“The kid can do it.” Wut. Is he delirious? "Shamu trusts him... he healed him before the big show...” Well, that was actually a fairly good point... And Shamu himself seemed to agree, nodding in appreciation. Well, Joshua still didn't see why Terri wouldn't be able to do it instead, but why let the crowd be disappointed? Besides, if Team Aqua showed up to sabotage Shamu again, well, this time Joshua would be in the perfect position to counterattack.

“Well, if the kid wanted to... All he’d have to do is perform a few tricks... Shamu would be the one doing all the work...” Terri broke his line of thought. It sounded easy enough. Then again, he was performing something he'd never done before, to a crowd of hundreds of spectators expecting a spectacular show with a goddamn giant Wailord. Joshua bit his lip. Maybe... This wasn't such a good idea... But then again, what was the big deal? He'd performed before, he enjoyed acting in pantomimes and such. The only real difference was that there, he generally knew what he was doing. That was what was making him nervous and apprehensive here. The mermaid was looking at him now, to hear his decision, all the while, the crowd was chanting Shamu's name...

"Would you mind stalling for a couple of minutes? I need to change... And figure out what to do with the big guy. The show must go on, as they say," he smirked.

---

I can't believe I'm about to do this. What if he chews! OH GOD WHAT IF HE CHEWS. Now changed into a wetsuit (Pokéballs tucked into a zipped pocket), Joshua had improvised a routine in his head, and climbed into the gaping jaw of Shamu. His plan was simple: once Shamu swam out and broke the surface of the water, he'd extend his tongue, propelling Joshua out for a grand entrance and dive. Granted, it smelled revolting in here, but it would look cool. He hoped. They were moving now, almost time. Joshua held his breath, and waited for the splash. Daylight broke as Shamu opened his mouth, and he sprang forth... Oh God, overshoot, overshoot, overshoot! Panic flashed on his face as the edge of the pool came up to greet him... But it was a narrow miss, he landed in the water perfectly, just before the edge and climbed out safely. As usual, don't seem to know if I'm lucky or unlucky...

"Ladies and gentlemen - Shamu!" he called out to introduce the great whale. "This great leviathan is a true majestic creature of the deep - with a number of tricks up his sleeve! See, even as huge as he is, he can hide so easily! Shamu, shroud yourself in Mist to hide yourself, then Bounce out, as high as you can! Finish with a mighty mid-air Water Spout to drench this arena!"
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Ampere Beach

Dark Searchman & Trainer Andy: Rain was hammering from the sky, the tide breaking at your feet as is grew higher on Kyogre’s approach. With Briney Sr. offering you refuge on his boat you both quickly jump to the offer. Scrambling to your feet you recall your water Pokémon, taking no time to beat the sand off your wetsuits as you rush up the beach not daring to look back. You both feel a bit beaten and bruised by the rough waves, Hyrem in particular as he clenches a throbbing shoulder which could’ve very well have been in the storm dislocated. With Briney in great need of filling in, you both take turns explaining everything that had happened whilst the other caught their breath. Another flash of lightning bores down overhead as you both blink away the spots, eyes fixed on the docks where you’d first embarked on the fateful cruise several hours ago. This is where it’d began, and you can’t help thinking this is where it’d all end. Your footsteps creek against the boardwalk as you both continue the sprint ahead, panting for air as the rainstorm obscures the view ahead. You skirt past the various beach houses, finally making your way back to Pieli Harbour which was just as deserted as the beach. The seagulls that’d been swooping above for scraps had cleared off to their cliff nests now, sans for Peeko who has settled on the mast of a shabby looking sail boat. The vessel couldn’t look anything less like the luxury liner you’d gone fishing aboard. You both share a look of unease as Briney clambers onto the wooden craft which shook under his weight.

“Don’t worry”, he grinned, “I’m the best sailor you’ll ever meet, you’re safer on here than any other boat!” he pats the hatch of the boat reassuringly, coaxing you both to clamber aboard. The boat shakes to one side before regaining balance as you both take a seat. Looking back at where Ampere Beach had been, you’d escaped just in the nick of time. The water level had risen several meters since you left, the tide beating against the beach houses and soon spreading inland. If you didn’t stop the orca’s storm soon it’d likely it’d sink the whole of Whale Island. But how on earth was this even possible? You were both amateur adventurers with nothing the likes of which could match the Sea Basin Pokémon. With these thoughts rattling through your brain you sit frozen in fear, the silence only broken by the loud clap of thunder. Briney is quick into action, untying the ship from the harbour and pulling the boom to face the strong gale. The sails billow as they fill with wind, pushing you away from the docks and into the treacherous seas. With every strong wave water swashes onto the deck, the sailor controlling the boat with intense concentration.

“So here’s the plan!” He yells over the blustering weather, “We distract Kyogre and my grandson whilst Peeko goes in for the Orb! Without the Orb, Kyogre will return to the ocean and everything will go back to normal!” You hear it loud and clear despite the rumbling skies, but remain frozen in fear. How on earth were you supposed to distract the Kyogre without it tearing through the ship? You share another glance, both at a loss for a better idea. Looking out into the open waters, you’d almost come to the intercept between Kyogre and Ampere Beach, by which point it’d no doubt destroy the shabby old sea vessel with a flick of its pectoral fin. Another bolt of lightning shocks you to life, and you look around the turbulent seas desperately for some help. Andy, dangling over the port side has to do a double take as a cast of crustaceans scuttled onto the rocky surface of the sea barrier – shaking their pincers eagerly. Made up mostly of Kingler and Crawdaunt, there were several Krabby and Corphish who looked the spitting image of Kray. On the starboard side, Hyrem was able to make out several glowing lights travelling fast through the black waters. As they grew brighter a pod of Lanturn and Chinchou broke through the surf alongside a swarm of Tynamo, Eelektrik and Eelektross. The deep sea dweller’s luminescence glimmered against the sail like yellow searchlights. As you turn back to face one another, you can’t help but share a wide grin brimming with optimism. The same idea was forming in both of your minds: Kray and Delilah round up their cousins for an attack, giving Peeko enough of a diversion to snag the Red Orb.

The wild crustaceans and deep sea predators will mimic whatever you order Kray and Delilah to do, respectively. Although if they have a stronger move they may use that e.g. Crabhammer instead of Chip Away. Treat this a bit like Kray and Delilah vs. Eelektrik on a much more epic scale: try and wear the Kyogre down so is defences are lowered for when Peeko comes in. Also inb4 Hyrem breaks his Pokédex by registering so many species :P
    {I have no idea what you're talking about. }

Neither trainer looked back and simply kept trying to keep pace with the elder Briney. Hyrem had to start holding his shoulder; they had definitely been through a lot so far, and out of his entire body, it was his shoulder that felt the most pain, though everywhere else was certainly aching, telling him to rest. But he couldn't, not until they got to Briney's boat, otherwise he'd be swept up by the water again and would likely head towards Kyogre to face its judgement.

Once again at Pieli Harbor, lightning flashes down again and again before Hyrem and Andy notice Peeko on a rickety looking boat. Briney climbs onto it, and Hyrem could notice it shake all over the place. "We're going to get on this?" he asked with an incredulous look on his face. It did look pretty bad, and I was probably thinking the same thing Hyrem was back then: Briney likely had money... couldn't he have made that dinghy a little more... uh, "shipshape" I think is the term? Hyrem'd probably correct me if I was wrong. Anyway, back to the story.

“Don’t worry,” Briney assured them, “I’m the best sailor you’ll ever meet, you’re safer on here than any other boat!” He pats the hatch, a motion to climb aboard, but Hyrem fantasized him breaking the boat doing that- No! Now's not the time to be thinking about that! Get on before you get swept! Fortunately, once both trainers took the courage to board and sit down, the boat didn't shake as much. And, oh yeah, they were lucky to have gotten a move-on when they did. Hyrem looks back at Ampere Beach... he just sees water there now. And it was only getting worse. They had to stop the storm before all of Whale Island was sunk. Which meant they had to stop Kyogre. Tch, yeah right, easier said than done! The only Pokemon out of both trainers' parties that would be remotely close to a legendary Pokemon's level was Sera. And I must emphasize... remotely. Maybe in the future, but not now. Hyrem and Andy once again find despair in their hearts, unable to come up with an effective solution, while Briney pushed off and set sail, almost in a trance when concentrating on controlling his ship in these extremely troubled waters.

“So here’s the plan!” he yells out, clearly heard by Hyrem and Andy even with the storm pealing the bells of thunder in their ears. “We distract Kyogre and my grandson whilst Peeko goes in for the Orb! Without the Orb, Kyogre will return to the ocean and everything will go back to normal!” Okay, so that was slightly easier. They didn't have to defeat Kyogre, they just had to distract it. Then again, they'd need a pretty big distraction. One that preferably didn't involve the ship getting attacked by Kyogre, otherwise they'd be finished. Hyrem and Andy put their heads together and quickly realized they wouldn't be able to do anything resembling a distraction to the Kyogre on their own.

Right on cue, the two trainers looked out at the ocean to find a pretty cool sight. Off to the left was a huge group of crustaceans. The Corphish were recognized easily. The others, not as much. Good opportunity to check them out, Dexelle!

Krabby, the River Crab Pokemon. They live in holes they dig in sandy beaches and fight for territory with more food. The pincers are not only weapons but are also necessary to be able to walk sideways. This is why when they lose these pincers in battle, they grow back fairly quickly. They will also cover themselves in foam to ward off predators.

Kingler, the Pincer Pokemon, and the evolved form of Krabby. It has an abnormally large claw with which it communicates with others and uses as a weapon. However, the claw is heavy and therefore difficult to aim and tiring to use. It is a particularly powerful weapon, though, measuring at 10000- horsepower strength.

Crawdaunt, the Rogue Pokemon, and the evolved form of Corphish. Their violent tendencies cause them to battle any living thing in sight. Most other Pokemon are driven off as a result. They are very vulnerable after molting and hide themselves until their shell becomes hard again.

Something then catches Hyrem's eye on the right. Lots and lots of lights. Some belonged to Chinchou, some to Eelektrik, and others to their relatives:

Lanturn, the Light Pokemon, and the evolved form of Chinchou. Nicknamed the "Deep Sea Star", a large school of them can illuminate an entire ocean. Prey that comes too close is blinded by the light suddenly bursting from its antenna, then easily swallowed whole.

Tynamo, the EleFish Pokemon, and the pre-evolved form of Eelektrik. They travel in schools to defend themselves easier. When they all unleash electricity on one target, it is equivalent to being struck by lightning. They aren't much of a threat by themselves, which is why predators try their best to separate one Tynamo from the rest of the school.

Eelektross, the EleFish Pokemon, and the evolved form of Eelektrik. They prefer to hunt on the beach. They draw prey in with their sucker mouths, shock it with electrically-charged fangs to paralyze it, then drag it back to the ocean to drown it. They have been recorded to attack beachgoing tourists, though such attacks are rare.

"Andy," said Hyrem, suddenly grinning widely, "I hope you're thinking what I'm thinking because I'm thinking we use Delilah and Kray to lead the rest of the Water Pokemon into making a huge distraction! Delilah, come back out!"

Hyrem's Chinchou comes back out of his Pokeball, her lights now only a couple more among the others. She greets her good fellow Chinchou and Lanturn friends before Hyrem calls out to her: "Delilah, let's synch up and battle again! We need a distraction! A big one! And nothing says "attention grabber" to me more than a mass Surf attack! Then go for a mass Thunder Wave, followed by a mass Shock Wave! Think you can convince your friends to go for it?"

"Chou chou!" Delilah calls out happily. She was up for anything at this point. Hopefully Andy and Kray would call on their friends to lay on plenty of hurt too! Hyrem may not be a Groudon, but he knew this onslaught would have to make Kyogre notice the group.

[i]Ampere Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    {I have no idea what you're talking about. }

Neither trainer looked back and simply kept trying to keep pace with the elder Briney. Hyrem had to start holding his shoulder; they had definitely been through a lot so far, and out of his entire body, it was his shoulder that felt the most pain, though everywhere else was certainly aching, telling him to rest. But he couldn't, not until they got to Briney's boat, otherwise he'd be swept up by the water again and would likely head towards Kyogre to face its judgement.

Once again at Pieli Harbor, lightning flashes down again and again before Hyrem and Andy notice Peeko on a rickety looking boat. Briney climbs onto it, and Hyrem could notice it shake all over the place. "We're going to get on this?" he asked with an incredulous look on his face. It did look pretty bad, and I was probably thinking the same thing Hyrem was back then: Briney likely had money... couldn't he have made that dinghy a little more... uh, "shipshape" I think is the term? Hyrem'd probably correct me if I was wrong. Anyway, back to the story.

“Don’t worry,” Briney assured them, “I’m the best sailor you’ll ever meet, you’re safer on here than any other boat!” He pats the hatch, a motion to climb aboard, but Hyrem fantasized him breaking the boat doing that- No! Now's not the time to be thinking about that! Get on before you get swept! Fortunately, once both trainers took the courage to board and sit down, the boat didn't shake as much. And, oh yeah, they were lucky to have gotten a move-on when they did. Hyrem looks back at Ampere Beach... he just sees water there now. And it was only getting worse. They had to stop the storm before all of Whale Island was sunk. Which meant they had to stop Kyogre. Tch, yeah right, easier said than done! The only Pokemon out of both trainers' parties that would be remotely close to a legendary Pokemon's level was Sera. And I must emphasize... remotely. Maybe in the future, but not now. Hyrem and Andy once again find despair in their hearts, unable to come up with an effective solution, while Briney pushed off and set sail, almost in a trance when concentrating on controlling his ship in these extremely troubled waters.

“So here’s the plan!” he yells out, clearly heard by Hyrem and Andy even with the storm pealing the bells of thunder in their ears. “We distract Kyogre and my grandson whilst Peeko goes in for the Orb! Without the Orb, Kyogre will return to the ocean and everything will go back to normal!” Okay, so that was slightly easier. They didn't have to defeat Kyogre, they just had to distract it. Then again, they'd need a pretty big distraction. One that preferably didn't involve the ship getting attacked by Kyogre, otherwise they'd be finished. Hyrem and Andy put their heads together and quickly realized they wouldn't be able to do anything resembling a distraction to the Kyogre on their own.

Right on cue, the two trainers looked out at the ocean to find a pretty cool sight. Off to the left was a huge group of crustaceans. The Corphish were recognized easily. The others, not as much. Good opportunity to check them out, Dexelle!

Krabby, the River Crab Pokemon. They live in holes they dig in sandy beaches and fight for territory with more food. The pincers are not only weapons but are also necessary to be able to walk sideways. This is why when they lose these pincers in battle, they grow back fairly quickly. They will also cover themselves in foam to ward off predators.

Kingler, the Pincer Pokemon, and the evolved form of Krabby. It has an abnormally large claw with which it communicates with others and uses as a weapon. However, the claw is heavy and therefore difficult to aim and tiring to use. It is a particularly powerful weapon, though, measuring at 10000- horsepower strength.

Crawdaunt, the Rogue Pokemon, and the evolved form of Corphish. Their violent tendencies cause them to battle any living thing in sight. Most other Pokemon are driven off as a result. They are very vulnerable after molting and hide themselves until their shell becomes hard again.

Something then catches Hyrem's eye on the right. Lots and lots of lights. Some belonged to Chinchou, some to Eelektrik, and others to their relatives:

Lanturn, the Light Pokemon, and the evolved form of Chinchou. Nicknamed the "Deep Sea Star", a large school of them can illuminate an entire ocean. Prey that comes too close is blinded by the light suddenly bursting from its antenna, then easily swallowed whole.

Tynamo, the EleFish Pokemon, and the pre-evolved form of Eelektrik. They travel in schools to defend themselves easier. When they all unleash electricity on one target, it is equivalent to being struck by lightning. They aren't much of a threat by themselves, which is why predators try their best to separate one Tynamo from the rest of the school.

Eelektross, the EleFish Pokemon, and the evolved form of Eelektrik. They prefer to hunt on the beach. They draw prey in with their sucker mouths, shock it with electrically-charged fangs to paralyze it, then drag it back to the ocean to drown it. They have been recorded to attack beachgoing tourists, though such attacks are rare.

"Andy," said Hyrem, suddenly grinning widely, "I hope you're thinking what I'm thinking because I'm thinking we use Delilah and Kray to lead the rest of the Water Pokemon into making a huge distraction! Delilah, come back out!"

Hyrem's Chinchou comes back out of his Pokeball, her lights now only a couple more among the others. She greets her good fellow Chinchou and Lanturn friends before Hyrem calls out to her: "Delilah, let's synch up and battle again! We need a distraction! A big one! And nothing says "attention grabber" to me more than a mass Surf attack! Then go for a mass Thunder Wave, followed by a mass Shock Wave! Think you can convince your friends to go for it?"

"Chou chou!" Delilah calls out happily. She was up for anything at this point. Hopefully Andy and Kray would call on their friends to lay on plenty of hurt too! Hyrem may not be a Groudon, but he knew this onslaught would have to make Kyogre notice the group.
    Andy picked up the pace as he tried to catch up with Hyrem as the both ran across the beach, the thought of Kyogre looming behind them causing him to push through the protests of his aching body. The two of them eventually caught up with Briney and began filling him in on the details that had led them both to this point. At what seemed like forever the small group arrived at the dock, Andy couldn't help but wonder how things had gone so wrong since they were last here. A sense of unease came across Andy as they came to what appeared to be Briney's boat, which was a complete contrast to the one they'd been aboard with his grandson.

"We're going to get on this?" Andy heard Hyrem ask, and Andy didn't blame him. The boat looked as though it barely held Briney weight and he was convinced the second they set foot on it the ship would probably break apart and they'd be left awash in the ocean again.

“Don’t worry”, the old man grinned, “I’m the best sailor you’ll ever meet, you’re safer on here than any other boat!” Andy seriously doubted that claim, but they didn't really have much choice.

Both Trainers clambered aboard unsteadily as the boat swayed from side to side, although it seemed to steady itself once they were both eventually seated. Andy saw Hyrem cast a glance back along the beach and couldn't help but follow his gaze. The beach itself now seemed to have complete disappeared, swallowed by the rising tide, who knows what would have happened if Briney had not found them both when he did. At this rate it wouldn't be long before the entire island itself was lost under the waves.

"Damn it all..." Andy muttered to himself. It certainly seemed as though they were the only Trainer's left who could do anything about this situation, but what exactly could they do? None of Andy's Pokemon where anywhere near strong enough to take on a legendary Pokemon no matter how hard they tried, and whilst Hyrem had proved to Andy that he was a brilliant Trainer, Andy doubted whether he had that sort of firepower either. It was hopeless. Andy was so lost in his sudden onset of depression that he hadn't even noticed that the boat was now moving until a loud thunderclap brought him back to reality.

“So here’s the plan!” He heard the Captain yell over the blustering weather, “We distract Kyogre and my grandson whilst Peeko goes in for the Orb! Without the Orb, Kyogre will return to the ocean and everything will go back to normal!” Andy was surprised how clearly he could hear Old Briney's voice despite the constant crashing and rumbling outside. Andy almost laughed at how simple Briney made his plan sound. How on earth were you supposed to distract Kyogre?
    Andy and Hyrem looked at each other, trying to formulate some kind of idea, but both knowing this wasn't something they'd be able to do on their own.
    Another bolt of lightning fills the sky, and Andy catches a glimpse of something moving out the corner of his eye. Looking at the spot Andy can almost not believe his eyes as a vast group crustacean Pokemon scuttle their way onto a nearby rocky barrier. Andy instantly recognises the Corphish and enviously eyes the Crawdaunt, wondering if Kray would look as powerful and intimidating when he evolved. On the other side of the boat Andy heard Hyrem make a sound of surprise and quickly moved to investigatet. Rising to the turbulent surface were several glowing lights, flickering and blinking in an almost hypnotic display. Both Trainers watched as a pod of Lanturn and Chinchou broke through the surf alongside a swarm of Eelektrik and what Andy could only assume were it's evolved and pre-evolved forms. It was no surprise to Andy now that Hyrem had his Pokedex in hand throughout the proceedings. When the two could finally break away from the amazing spectacle before them, both saw that the other had a huge grin spread across their faces, a glimmer of hope now ignited within them. They both seemed to have the same idea, but Hyrem was the one who spoke first.

"Andy," said Hyrem, "I hope you're thinking what I'm thinking because I'm thinking we use Delilah and Kray to lead the rest of the Water Pokemon into making a huge distraction!" With that Delilah was released onto the deck as Hyrem relayed the plan to hear. Andy had also released Kray so he could listen in before Andy gave his own instructions.

"Ok, Kray, did you get all of that? We need to be thinking big here so I want you to get all the crustaceans to join in with the Surf, we'll show that Kyogre he's not the only one who can make waves." Andy could feel his grin getting wider as the plan started to come together. "Whilst Kyogre is dealing with the electrical attacks, I want you to lead your group around the other side of Kyogre and start hitting it with Crabhammers, and you can add in a Thunderpunch or two. Hopefully if it's being attacked from both sides Kyogre won't know where to turn first." Hopefully this would provide enough of a distraction for Peeko to eventually get in there and snag the Red Orb.

- - - -
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast