Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 698

Thread: Whale Island's Recorded History

  1. #476
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yamaku Academy
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Amphy – Cherubi suggests to you that the missing Zubats may be experiencing their mating season at the moment, and don’t have time to inhabit old ships. That may be true, but ships are close enough to dark caves in this condition, and there would probably still be enough of the winged creatures for it to not be completely abandoned.

    You look around at the layout, water swishing about your legs and wetting your clothes as you nose about, finding nothing much of value. Moss and sand have sludged together against the sides, and you go into the dining room, where not all of the tatty old cutlery has been robbed or swept away yet.

    “Human, I sense something!” Your Pokemon announces rather condescendingly, catching you off guard. Indeed, the grass type is getting a funny feeling, attracting him towards the opposite side of the fallen ship. Reaching there will be tricky seeing as it’s on its side, but it wouldn’t be impossible as long as you’re not hopeless about things. “We need to go towards the other side of the ship! Something worthwhile is waiting there! Something that might be more valuable than you!”

    Lovely.
    After the argument, Shiro and Cherubi winded up in the abandoned dining room. Shiro started looking around the dining room, enchanced by all the cutlery, that probably had been golden in their finest days, nowadays only tatty on the outside, and tatty in the inside.

    "Human, I sense something! We need to go towards the other side of the ship!" Cherubi suddenly announced condescendingly.
    "Hmm? Sure, I see nothing more of importance here." Shiro replied calmly, trying to keep himself from smacking Cherubi as an act of "Learn some manners, you!"
    Before proceeding, however, Shiro grabbed a tatty plate and a knife, shield and sword, some would call it. With his new knight equipment, and a mean Cherubi, Sir Shiro the Brave stepped onward.

    Cowardly.

    (Out of topic: Gotta love those knight moments filled with sarcasm )

  2. #477
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post


    The Lighthouse

    DeadLion – Your Skarmory growls in annoyance as you clutch her round the neck, attempting to keep yourself safe, steadied and remembering to breathe. You are certain now that something is there, but you just don’t know what. Feeling like you’ve bitten off more than you can chew, you carry on until reach a hallway. The window to one side casts light across the room, in which there isn’t a staircase, but a life that covers part of the distance. You don’t really care about this, however, instead jumping back and almost taking a tumble – it’s Chainsaw that prevents you dropping to your death on the ground floor.

    Two skeletons flank the lift, with not a shred of meat left on their forms. They look burnt, but all the pieces are there. The lift itself is there, but there’s no electricity to power it, if you can even open the doors. What had entered the lighthouse was a Woobat, which is screeching loudly and flying around the ceiling.

    Maybe you should turn back. Whatever is powering this light house doesn’t seem to encourage visitors.
    Suchiru leapt back, still attached securely to Chainsaw , a strangled scream, "S-Skeleton!"
    Shakily regaining her breath, Suchiru evaluated the situation. There were a pair of skeletons, and a Woobat. Chainsaw growled, and it seemed to Suchiru that the steel bird wanted to pick a fight. She slowly released her grip on Chainsaw, making sure that she had sure footing this time - Tumbling to a pancakey death wasn't on her list of things to do in life.

    Suchiru cast another glance around the room, finally able to see in the dim light that illuminated the room, and decided that the skeletons would probably be the biggest threat here, though she wasn't going to ignore the Woobat. Suchiru reckoned that she should try diplomacy first.
    "Hello there?" She called, trying to keep the shake from her voice.
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  3. #478
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meetan View Post
    the black swan

    takeo – you start looking over the ship for an entrance into the ship, but before you can decide on the safest or easiest route, it begins to pour down with rain. “i guess there’s nowhere else to go now.” you say, gathering vulpix close and taking a mighty leap to get inside. Looking around, the beauty seems more tragic with the grey, drenched backdrop, and the cause of the wreck appears to be the gaping cannon ball breaks across the interior.

    “you know, grace, there’s a song that pirates used to sing when they ventured into dangerous seas seeking adventure. The song is meant to uplift the spirits of those who sing it.” you tell the shivering fox. Whether or not your voice carries talent or not, your song appears to help her nerves. She bobs and flares her tail to the beat. Your song finishes, but it appears to have fixed the silence problem. You almost drop the lit torch onto the floor, but just catch it before it slips through your fingers. Something had made an ominous, thudding sound.

    “we aren’t alone.” you say suddenly, and vulpix shudders. It came from across the room, and worriedly, you inch to the other side. Nothing appears to be there. “did it come from above?” you ask your companion, who pouts a scared, “vul...”

    the thumping comes again, this time for a set of rickety stairs down a right-hand hallway, visible through a cannon-made hole. Whatever is taunting you, it’s up those stairs. Maybe it’s best to brave the rain and flee, but then again... Now you’re here...



    Worriedly, Hallow inched to the other side. Nothing appeared to be there. “did it come from above?” he asked his companion, who pouted a scared, “Vul...”

    The thumping came again, Hallow turned to the direction of the noise, this time form a set of rickety stairs down a right-hand hallway, which was visible through a cannon-made hole.
    Taking a peek through it, Hallow saw nothing, giving his Vuplix, Grace, a questionable look.

    Whatever it is, it was taunting him,
    and
    it's up those stairs, He thought,

    He turned to look at Grace, who was now hiding behind his legs,
    "Hey now, there's nothing to be scared of,"
    He kneed down, careful not to drop the torch, and patted her on her head,
    "Remember those old horror movies we used to watch together late at night?,"
    Vulpix gave a, "Vul..," confirming his question,
    "Those were nothing more then actors, props, and scary sound effects, that made us jump in fear,"
    Vulpix gave another, "Vul!," this time a bit more happier,
    "There's an explanation for everything,"
    "So now..," lifting himself off the ground,
    "We're going up those stairs, find out what's trying to scare us and why!,"



    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 8:07 AM.

  4. #479
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default Meetan's Story Batch #3

    The Black Swan

    Amph – Wielding a tatty plate and knife like a cowardly knight, your Cherubi and yourself proceed towards the other side of the ship. The further through you go, you find that the depth of water increases, so far that if you carry on, it will reach your waist and even higher. The water slows you down, too. If you follow Cherubi’s hunch, you will have to swim under the murky salt water, and your sidekick can’t handle the water the same way you can. Heck, with the salt agitating your eyes, you may even be swimming blindly.

    “I’m not really equipped for this.” You grumble hopelessly, awaiting more criticism from the braver of the two of you. You notice that even in the parts of the ship predominantly drowned, there is still not even a Magikarp or Basculin in sight, or even something like a Krabby or odd Wingull. If this doesn’t prove something amiss, what will?

    “Are you sure about this, Cherubi?” You ask anxiously, “If we keep going, I don’t think you’ll be able to stay out of your Poke Ball like this...”

    Takeo – Your Vulpix is scared, hiding behind your legs. You’ve watched enough scary movies together to put ideas in Grace’s head. “Those were nothing more than actors, props and scary sound effects that made us jump in fear.” You explain, and her back channel this time is more positive, “There’s an explanation for everything.” Confidence rekindled, you add, “We’re going up those stairs, we’ll find out what’s trying to scare us, and why!”

    You march onwards, having even inspired yourself, with Vulpix in tow. You go up the rickety stairs, and it creaks painfully, setting you on edge. It doesn’t feel as stable as it looks, which, in retrospect, is not very safe at all. You slow down, cautious again, taking each step as it comes. Vulpix does the same, a step behind. As the top draws closer, relief begins to sink in, until the fire-type’s scream breaks through the intimidating silence, and so does crashing wood. Grace has fallen down a hole, the step having caved in. You almost lose your balance, and manage to just about catch yourself, as there is not even a railing to save you now. Luckily, fear made you grip the torch tighter, not lose it by accident. You have this, at least, but Grace is obscured by the shadows.

    What do you do?

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – Diplomacy is taught throughout life to be the best policy in all situations, so despite Skarmory’s eagerness, this is what you try. “Hello there?” You call, now seperated from Chainsaw, who growls threateningly under her breath, tense. At first, the Woobat seems content to ignore you, its little wings flapping in a constant effort to keep afloat. You frown at this, and check your Pokedex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    ‘The heart-shaped mark left on a body after a woobat has been attached to it is said to bring good fortune.’
    “Huh,” You say, puzzled. “A Woobat isn’t supposed to be in a lighthouse like this. Maybe it got stuck in here from the forest... Or a cave.” You add, really left at a blank. But at least it isn’t like seeing an Absol – this Pokemon could give you good fortune, even if it tries to take a swoop or a chomp at you!

    You’re a little at a loss of how to proceed next, with the Woobat strangely inhabiting the Lighthouse, between you and an essentially broken lift. There’s a short time where you do nothing, and then the Woobat lights up in a violet aura. This aura reaches the skeletons. They crackle and knock together, clumsily coming to life before your eyes, their empty sockets locking onto the only other targets in the room aside from the Woobat: you. Not even Chainsaw. You.

    In a flurry of motion, they clumsily make for an attack. What do you do?

    ~~

    Plight of Leon: Look here.

    Poketim: Look here.
    Last edited by Meetan; 12th September 2012 at 8:11 PM.

  5. #480
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan
    Takeo – Your Vulpix is scared, hiding behind your legs. You’ve watched enough scary movies together to put ideas in Grace’s head. “Those were nothing more than actors, props and scary sound effects that made us jump in fear.” You explain, and her back channel this time is more positive, “There’s an explanation for everything.” Confidence rekindled, you add, “We’re going up those stairs, we’ll find out what’s trying to scare us, and why!”

    You march onwards, having even inspired yourself, with Vulpix in tow. You go up the rickety stairs, and it creaks painfully, setting you on edge. It doesn’t feel as stable as it looks, which, in retrospect, is not very safe at all. You slow down, cautious again, taking each step as it comes. Vulpix does the same, a step behind. As the top draws closer, relief begins to sink in, until the fire-type’s scream breaks through the intimidating silence, and so does crashing wood. Grace has fallen down a hole, the step having caved in. You almost lose your balance, and manage to just about catch yourself, as there is not even a railing to save you now. Luckily, fear made you grip the torch tighter, not lose it by accident. You have this, at least, but Grace is obscured by the shadows.

    What do you do?
    Having even inspired himself, he marched onward, with Vulpix in tow.
    Hallow walked up the rickety stairs, it creaked painfully, setting him on edge.
    "It doesn’t feel as stable as it looks," he mumbled to himself,
    Which, in retrospect, was not very safe at all. He slowed down, cautiously, taking each step as it came. Vulpix did the same, just a step behind him.

    As the top drew closer, relief began to set in, that was, until the fire-type’s scream broke through the intimidating silence, the staircase had swallowed her whole, a loud crash of wood followed.
    Hallow almost lost his balance, and managed to just about catch himself, as there was not even a railing to save him. Luckily, fear made him grip the torch tighter, he had this, at least,
    but Grace was lost to the shadows.

    There was now a great gaping hole where the staircase used to be,
    "GRACEEEEEEEEEE!," Hallow yelled, hoping to get a response,
    Hallow flashed the torch close enough to light the hole,
    there was only complete darkness,
    Hallow jumped into the hole, without thinking,

    "I'm not going to lose you," he promised.


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 8:09 AM.

  6. #481
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post


    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – Diplomacy is taught throughout life to be the best policy in all situations, so despite Skarmory’s eagerness, this is what you try. “Hello there?” You call, now seperated from Chainsaw, who growls threateningly under her breath, tense. At first, the Woobat seems content to ignore you, its little wings flapping in a constant effort to keep afloat. You frown at this, and check your Pokedex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    ‘The heart-shaped mark left on a body after a woobat has been attached to it is said to bring good fortune.’
    “Huh,” You say, puzzled. “A Woobat isn’t supposed to be in a lighthouse like this. Maybe it got stuck in here from the forest... Or a cave.” You add, really left at a blank. But at least it isn’t like seeing an Absol – this Pokemon could give you good fortune, even if it tries to take a swoop or a chomp at you!

    You’re a little at a loss of how to proceed next, with the Woobat strangely inhabiting the Lighthouse, between you and an essentially broken lift. There’s a short time where you do nothing, and then the Woobat lights up in a violet aura. This aura reaches the skeletons. They crackle and knock together, clumsily coming to life before your eyes, their empty sockets locking onto the only other targets in the room aside from the Woobat: you. Not even Chainsaw. You.

    In a flurry of motion, they clumsily make for an attack. What do you do?

    "Chainsaw! Attack the Woobat with Peck!" Suchiru shouted the order before she had time to think. The Woobat seemed to be controlling the skeletons, so if Chainsaw took the little bat out, then hopefully, the skeletons would stop moving around, and do what bones were supposed to do. Nothing. She hoped that Chainsaw would understand what she wanted her to do...

    Bringing her focus in on the matter at hand, Suchiru backed away a little from the advancing skeletons, and tried to dredge up knowledge from some badly filmed martial-arts tutorial video that she'd watched a few years back. She got herself into what might have been a defensive stance, and watched her enemy's advance, preparing to try to hold her own, at least until her bird had stopped the source of the attack. At least, she hoped it was the source, otherwise she knew a certain human and pokemon that would be getting a proper battering.
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  7. #482
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default Meetan's Tales #4

    The Black Swan

    Takeo - You let out a mighty scream for Grace, heart pounding wildly. You don’t think, but instead act, following your instinct and jumping down. It feels like the drop takes forever, but it does not, and you land on damp wooden flooring. The water doesn’t help too much. Your back hurts and your ankle stings, then aches strongly with pain, as does one of your wrists. You’re lucky not to have broken anything, as moving any of your limbs will let you know that they can be moved, but sprains? Definitely.

    Looking round, there is splashing as Vulpix races first for the torch – miraculously still lit, but a short distance out of reach – and then she runs straght to her trainer, crying softly from shock and relief at the fact that you’re alright. “Vul, Vul, Vulpix~~!” She calls, snuggling close, nosing at you. You’re in the deepest part of the ship now, but if you were to search, you’ll find that all other rooms are far more submerged than this, as you distance yourself from the shoreline and trek to the shallows – or what should be shallow.

    Despite the water, that miraculously lit torch betrays you. Its weak flame suddenly seems to regain strength, growing bigger. And bigger. And bigger. Soon, it will touch the ceiling... And even with the damp...

    What’s the explanation for this, exactly?

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – At first, Skarmory carries doubt. The skeletons look far more threatening, and immediately so, than that silly Woobat. However, Chainsaw seems to have caught on, and tries to take two birds with one stone: the steel bird surges forward to break through the skeletons before flying upwards sharply to Peck the Woobat. The two skeletons break formation and stumble before recuperating and running right for you – to give you a proper battering.

    The Woobat is clumsy, clearly, and not quite itself. It doesn’t even look ready for a confrontation. Its solution to Skarmory is to drop height, almost hitting the floor, forcing Skarmory to beat her wings and try not to smack into the wall. Her beak takes a little knock but she’s alright, not taking much damage at all. The Woobat tries to recover itself but seems a little startled, and responds to Skarmory by firing a Supersonic attack. You’re preoccupied by the skeletons, and your flying ally does not look pleased – Chainsaw is enjoying the confrontation, just a little bit. What do you do?

    ((All other updatees, look to the bottom of the previous page.))

  8. #483
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine's Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: “Sorry for the interruption folks”, Terri announces down the tannoy, “and without further ado, the moment you’ve all been waiting for, the amazing Shamu!” The crowd starts to roar with excitement which muffles down through the clear waters. Sat slack on the Wailord’s tongue you can’t help feeling overcome with nerves. You’d gone through the improvised routine with the whale and it was now in his fins to deliver a show stopping performance. As Shamu rises through the water you count down in your head... Three, two, one... Suddenly splashes of white foam erupt from the water as the blue whale surfaces, water running off its huge body. You hastily slip out of its mouth as it belches up a Mist of white smoke which billows across the waterfront to a rapture of oohs and aahs. The sound team are right on the ball as the arena starts to fill with mysterious music, slowly building as it fills the air with suspense. With Shamu nothing but a silhouette you swim a safe distance to the edge of the tank so not to be crushed. The music suddenly builds to a climax and Wailord takes flight! Bouncing out of the white veil and into the stratosphere you watch in awe as the float whale Pokémon clears hundreds of feet before slumping back down. The crowd breaks into applause as the Pokémon starts hurtling back into the arena with building momentum... But Shamu isn’t finished yet! He tails off the combo by Spurting Water from his blowhole like a fountain – soaking everyone in the audience. The crowd goes wild as the white jets rain down, cheering and whistling filling you with a great deal of satisfaction until... You hear a faint chopping growing louder, and before you have time to sweep the skies the Wailord comes bombing into the water with a massive splash – the force of which pulling you under.

    You race back to the surface, suspicions of Team Aqua’s final gambit starting to grow in your head. As you break through the threshold with a gasp of air the atmosphere couldn’t be any different. People in the crowd were screaming and shuffling toward the exits, Poochyena yapping them into an orderly line. The chopping sound was ringing in your ears, and following it to the sky you spot jet black apache helicopter with a blue ‘A’ painted on its doors. Recognising the turquoise insignia as the sign of Team Aqua, you instinctively bowl out of the tank and onto dry land. The chopping of the helicopter blades starts to move closer toward the pool which was now rippling in the blustering wind of the apache. Paralysed with fear and curiosity you watch as the doors whoosh open and a bundle of black ropes shoot down to the water’s surface. The tassels home into Shamu, the whale moaning helplessly as they bind around his fins giving him no leeway. The helicopter starts picking up altitude again, the water rising around the blue whale as it’s slowly lifted out of the water! Now was the time for action, your eyes sweep across the arena and find a set of ladders leading to the scaffolding where the lights were dangled from. From such a high vantage you might stand a good chance at stopping the helicopter. Before you can set the plan into motion, a redheaded woman sporting an Aqua uniform interrupts your chain of thought. “What do you think you’re doin’! Get in line with the rest of ‘em!” If the grunt’s threatening tone wasn’t enough, her barking Poochyena and snapping Corphish might be enough to stop you in your tracks. What will you do?

    Joshua had to admit, Shamu was a consummate professional, following his orders to perfection, and putting on a delightful show for the crowd around him. Bonus points to the sound team for just rolling with the Mist thing. Perhaps it was part of Raine's usual routine, he wasn't sure. But either way, the audience loved it, and Joshua beamed with pride; the awesome feeling of a crowd's applause causing his heart to swell... Until Shamu came down with a gigantic crash, pulling Joshua underwater again. Damn you physics! Still, that had been a lot less graceful than he was expecting... And there had been a strange sound before it happened. Aqua's last stand? Good, he'd been waiting for this. The stadium was a very different place as Joshua broke through to the surface again - the patrons were being herded out by grunts and their Poochyenas (of all things, someone had to have something to stand up to them, surely...), and a helicopter was flying above the stadium. That would explain the strange sound. Ready for action, Joshua bailed out of the tank and moved his hand to his wetsuit's pocket to grab his Pokéballs. He waited to see what the helicopter was about to do, though he had a hunch, immediately proven correct. Team Aqua was attempting to kidnap Shamu. And with Raine incapped and everyone in the audience apparently completely incompetent, it was up to Joshua to do something. The helicopter was starting to take off, and he needed a vantage point to stop it... The scaffolding beside the tank would do, he could climb the ladder and work from there.

    “What do you think you’re doin’! Get in line with the rest of ‘em!” A redheaded Aqua grunt with a Poochyena and a Corphish. He didn't have time for this - the helicopter would get away. Yes, Shamu's weight would probably slow its ascent considerably, but even so...

    "Aegis my friend, I need you again!" The Squirtle was clearly tired from his earlier excursions, but Joshua had no choice. And what he was about to do was slightly... Frowned upon, but desperate times, desperate measures. Besides, Aqua grunts probably had it coming. "Aegis, blind her with Muddy Water and let's make a break for the ladder! We can deal with her and her Pokémon later, but we need to stop that chopper!"
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  9. #484
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – “Are you with me on this?” You ask your Yanmega, who hovers faithfully by your side. You’ve pushed your body to the limits just putting yourself between the bystander (who is frozen in fear), and the Teddiursa, that betrays the stereotypical, cute disposition they are normally characterised with. Halting its charge, the normal-type leers menacingly at the pair of you, following up with an arrogant sneer to your choice of battle partner.

    Surgei may be more confident as a Yanmega, but even Teddiursa knows that their levels are evenly matched. Being a wild Pokemon, and a troublemaker at that, it has also had plenty of battle experience. Teddiursa thinks you are easy prey, and that it can take you. Waiting no longer, the petite opponent goes in, aiming a heavy Scratch to the bug’s eyes.
    Surgei and Blaze raced down towards the Teddiursa, both going at their bodies extremes to make sure that they got there in time. His heart was pounding almost near out of his chest, his lungs ached and burned from the exertion, his muscles in hot pain. Surgei was not nearly as tired as Blaze was, since he was a dragonfly and was used to flying at high speeds. The bystander stood frozen in fear as the Teddiursa noticed them. He gives a snicker as he notices the low level of Surgei, and thinks that the battle is going to be a kicker. He gives them both a LEER, which while it doesn't give either of them the willies, it does stop them in our tracks. He may have been have been a teddy bear, but, it showed crazy confidence, and wanted to battle them. Which was okay with him. They had no problem going rough with a troublemaker. He charges at them with his paw outstretched, ready to SCRATCH at Surgei large eyes.

    "Alright, Surgei, we are going to need some good teamwork here. First, fly out of its attack range. I don't think it has any ranged attacks, which gives us the obvious advantage." "You bet. A ground fighter is helpless to an air assault." "So, you see where I am going. Give it two ANCIENTPOWERs so that we can attack and stay safe!"
    Last edited by Plight of Leon; 13th September 2012 at 1:17 AM.


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  10. #485
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo - You let out a mighty scream for Grace, heart pounding wildly. You don’t think, but instead act, following your instinct and jumping down. It feels like the drop takes forever, but it does not, and you land on damp wooden flooring. The water doesn’t help too much. Your back hurts and your ankle stings, then aches strongly with pain, as does one of your wrists. You’re lucky not to have broken anything, as moving any of your limbs will let you know that they can be moved, but sprains? Definitely.

    Looking round, there is splashing as Vulpix races first for the torch – miraculously still lit, but a short distance out of reach – and then she runs straght to her trainer, crying softly from shock and relief at the fact that you’re alright. “Vul, Vul, Vulpix~~!” She calls, snuggling close, nosing at you. You’re in the deepest part of the ship now, but if you were to search, you’ll find that all other rooms are far more submerged than this, as you distance yourself from the shoreline and trek to the shallows – or what should be shallow.

    Despite the water, that miraculously lit torch betrays you. Its weak flame suddenly seems to regain strength, growing bigger. And bigger. And bigger. Soon, it will touch the ceiling... And even with the damp...

    What’s the explanation for this, exactly?

    The drop felt like it lasted forever, in reality, it took 5 seconds,
    Hallow landed on a damp wood flooring, the surrounding body of water didn’t make for a soft landing.
    "Damn, my back hurts, my ankle stings," Hallow whined, "even my wrists hurt,"
    Hallow slowly sat up, moving his limbs to check if anything was broken, "Looks like everything is in working order,"

    Hallow was now trapped in the deepest part of the ship,
    He looked up to the ceiling where both he and Grace both crash landed from, "I hope that wasn't a one way trip,"

    "Right!, where's Grace!," he focused on the problem at hand,
    He looked around, finding a fiery shadow running, leaving splashes of water behind,
    Vulpix raced first for the torch, which was miraculously still lit, and a short distance out of reach,
    She then ran straight to Hallow, crying softly from shock and relief at the fact that he was alright, “Vul, Vul, Vulpix~~!” She cried, snuggling close, and nuzzling him,
    He patted her head, "I'm fine, just a couple of bumps and bruises," he laughed lighty,

    "Argh," Hallow stood up, "I bet its useless to look into any of the other rooms, they're all probably more submerged in water than this one...,"
    He distanced himself from the shoreline and trekked to the shallows – or what should of been shallow...,

    Despite the water, the miraculously lit torch was still burning,
    Its weak flame suddenly seemed to be alive, growing bigger. And bigger. And bigger.

    "What's going on!?,"
    Soon, it would touch the ceiling... And even with the damp...this doesn't make sense!, he thought,
    "If this continues the whole ship will burn!,"

    Vuplix cried, "Vul!," in amazement,
    "Now, I'm sure there's a logically explanation for this...," He tried to tell her,
    distancing themselves away from the flames,
    "...and when I think of it, you'll be the first to know...,"
    Vuplix cried, "Vul!,"
    "For now lets just get rid of these flames,"
    But he had no water pokemon, let alone any other pokemon on hand,
    "I got it!,"
    Vulpix had a special ability that allowed her to take heat from any surrounding fire or lava,
    No heat = No fire
    "Grace!, use FLASH FIRE,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 8:20 AM.

  11. #486
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default Meetan's Rapid-Fire Stories #5

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – Teddiursa’s attempt at a Scratch attack fails as Surgei speeds away at the last minute, flying high in the air to use an Ancient Power, followed by yet another. The rocks in the area all rise up, some even being pulled from under the ground, all aimed for the little bear. It’s speedy, and dodges a few angrily, but this doesn’t garentee safety. Eventually, the Pokemon is hit, crying and wailing as it rolls across the floor.

    The attack does some damage, but not enough. Surgei may be safe out of the way, but you aren’t. This crazy confident Teddiursa has realised that it can’t reach the dragonfly, but it Leers at you, and then goes to Scratch you all over your body and face. Most Pokemon don’t focus on human targets if a battle’s been clearly established, but this one clearly doesn’t care for the rules of the world.

    What do you do?

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – As the flame ever increases in size, you gasp and stare in horror. ‘If this continues, the whole ship would burn.’ You realise, watching as, indeed, the fire licks at the floorboards above you. It’s all wet, so it hasn’t had an effect just yet, but you realse that it’s only a matter of time.

    Grace cries as you point out that while there’s a logical explanation for all this, you have yet to come up with it. You have, however, come up with a solution for the immediate threat. “Grace! Use Flash Fire!” The Vulpix tries to concentrate, and executes her ability, absorbing the heat from the water and from the towering fire. The damage sustained from the fall is gradually depleting, bringing Grace back to full health. The room is becoming colder as the fire extinguishes, and you are both left in the hull of the ship, and the cold dark, alone.

  12. #487
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Hello, my lovely updatees! With you as my bunch, I'm already at my cap! Lucky you! Hopefully you'll enjoy what I come up with. ^^ Don't forget to link to your stats in every post if it's not already in your signatures! Thankies!

    The Black Swan

    Poketim – Acting isn’t a fun thing for all people, but it is for you. After overhearing about a cruise liner that had sunk to the ocean depths, you and your little crew set out in a tiny boat, and you’re the captain. Your first mate, a Joltik called Jitterz, has overstepped his authority as first mate and returned to his little Pokebrig, but Krieg is still floating around you. You have no fault with him yet, and with that skull insignia on his purple tummy, he suits your scenario perfectly!

    Panting, worn out, you realise that you might have to take up the gym or some sort of sport before the pirate life is quite for you. Being a trainer does not automatically make you fit, unfortunately! You head over to the ‘Calypso’ once Koffing snaps you from your trance, and proceed through a hole in the ship’s hull.

    “Seems kind of rickety for a cruise liner. Where’s all the Pokemon?” You ask, and recieve no answer as you look around. There’s no obvious treasure to be seen. Time has taken its toll on the vessel, but you can vaguely see artistic carvings in some of the wood, and recognise some tatty pieces to have once been finer than others. Now, it all just looks like a jumbled mess. But still, once upon a time, the aristocracy had taken holidays and fine parties in this dump, so surely there were mysteries to be uncovered here?

    There is a door off to the left at the end of the room, at a slight angle seeing as the ship is collapsed. There is another straight ahead of you. Water drips, and you should remember that once the tide comes in, things could get a little gross. It is openly exposed. Which path do you take, or do you realise your mistake and take to the door?



    Brier placeed his hand on the now rotted carving, the life from them was gone. He moved from one wall to the next, examining the carvings on each as he went; every-so-often he would find some in better condition than the first and could tell they were more caringly designed. But these carving had long lost there value, the same of which could be said for the ship. It was barren. "I guess I should have known there wouldn't be any treasure, What wasn't lost to the sea would have easily been taken by Pirates. Sigh... Maybe I'm missing something." He imagened the parties that would have be attended by the rich, the music, the attire, the FOOD!

    *Drip* Weither it was the water seeping for the boat or from Brier's lips, the noise was enough to break him free from his daydream. "Man, again?" Brier wasn't one to daydream often, but to get lost in two within ten minutes of each other was enough to cause him some worry.

    "Koff." Krieger nugged him.

    "Huh?" Brier shifted his newly regain attention to the Koffing who inturn directed him towards Somn who had found a pair of doors. Walking over, Brier could see the age of the ship reflecting itself again in the doors. " Left or keep going straight? Somn, are you getting any feeling from either?"

    "Drowz." He shook his head.

    "Guess luck will show us where we need to go." Brier said reaching into his pocket for a coin. "Head straight, Tails left." *Ping* "What's it gonna be?" He waited for the coin to come back down and land in his out stretched hand. "Wha..." he sighed as the coin hit the side of his hand, and procided to tumble to the ground and roll. Brier unintentionally followed it through the door in front of him, stopping only after several yards beyond. "Well not what I had in mind, but oh well. Krieger, Somn get in here!" he yelled to the two crewmates who had become distracted by the dripping water, their age opposing that of the ship's.


    OoC: I brought this up to Amp that maybe we could ask to have our adventures merge paths later on. He sounded like he liked the idea, so i'm throwing out that option up you and him were willing.

  13. #488
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    [B]

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – At first, Skarmory carries doubt. The skeletons look far more threatening, and immediately so, than that silly Woobat. However, Chainsaw seems to have caught on, and tries to take two birds with one stone: the steel bird surges forward to break through the skeletons before flying upwards sharply to Peck the Woobat. The two skeletons break formation and stumble before recuperating and running right for you – to give you a proper battering.

    The Woobat is clumsy, clearly, and not quite itself. It doesn’t even look ready for a confrontation. Its solution to Skarmory is to drop height, almost hitting the floor, forcing Skarmory to beat her wings and try not to smack into the wall. Her beak takes a little knock but she’s alright, not taking much damage at all. The Woobat tries to recover itself but seems a little startled, and responds to Skarmory by firing a Supersonic attack. You’re preoccupied by the skeletons, and your flying ally does not look pleased – Chainsaw is enjoying the confrontation, just a little bit. What do you do?
    "Keep on Pecking Chainsaw!" Suchiru cried, kicking out viciously at her bony marauders, "I'm alright!"
    She clearly wasn't alright however - The attacking bones had proved to be a tougher opponent than she had realized. Her only aims now were to keep from dying, so she could give Chainsaw her orders, and to find some sort of weapon to use against the skeletons. She looked around for a while, though keeping at least some of her attention on defending herself from the skeletons. Suddenly, her eyes alighted on the lift. Of course! It was broken, so there had to be some sort of thing she could pull off of it. Suchiru took a breath, and leaped forwards, straight through her assailants, to reach said lift.
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  14. #489
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    The Black Swan
    Takeo – As the flame ever increases in size, you gasp and stare in horror. ‘If this continues, the whole ship would burn.’ You realise, watching as, indeed, the fire licks at the floorboards above you. It’s all wet, so it hasn’t had an effect just yet, but you realse that it’s only a matter of time.

    Grace cries as you point out that while there’s a logical explanation for all this, you have yet to come up with it. You have, however, come up with a solution for the immediate threat. “Grace! Use Flash Fire!” The Vulpix tries to concentrate, and executes her ability, absorbing the heat from the water and from the towering fire. The damage sustained from the fall is gradually depleting, bringing Grace back to full health. The room is becoming colder as the fire extinguishes, and you are both left in the hull of the ship, and the cold dark, alone.

    Vulpix's body grew a bright red, absorbing the heat from the water and from the towering fire. The damage sustained from the fall gradually depleted, bringing Grace back to full health.
    The room became colder and darker as the fire extinguished,

    That fire just now...somehow didn't feel natural, felt almost...supernatural, he inquired,
    turning his attention towards the ceiling, "we need to get above ground,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 9:30 AM.

  15. #490
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yamaku Academy
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Amph – Wielding a tatty plate and knife like a cowardly knight, your Cherubi and yourself proceed towards the other side of the ship. The further through you go, you find that the depth of water increases, so far that if you carry on, it will reach your waist and even higher. The water slows you down, too. If you follow Cherubi’s hunch, you will have to swim under the murky salt water, and your sidekick can’t handle the water the same way you can. Heck, with the salt agitating your eyes, you may even be swimming blindly.

    “I’m not really equipped for this.” You grumble hopelessly, awaiting more criticism from the braver of the two of you. You notice that even in the parts of the ship predominantly drowned, there is still not even a Magikarp or Basculin in sight, or even something like a Krabby or odd Wingull. If this doesn’t prove something amiss, what will?

    “Are you sure about this, Cherubi?” You ask anxiously, “If we keep going, I don’t think you’ll be able to stay out of your Poke Ball like this...”
    With his new knight equipment, Shiro started walking towards the other side of the ship, where Cherubi insisted on sensing something worthwhile.

    Soon, however, the water level started rising dangerously, soon rising up to the level of Shiro's waist.
    "I'm not really equipped for this..." Shiro grumbled hopelessly with a small voice, hoping that Cherubi wouldn't notice, as it would only earn more critizing from him.

    "Are you sure about this, Cherubi? If we keep going, I don’t think you’ll be able to stay out of your Poke Ball like this...” Shiro stated anxiously.
    After a few minutes quarrel, Shiro finally got Cherubi into his pokeball once again.
    Shiro threw the plate away, stuffed the knife into his pocket, and dived with his eyes closed.

  16. #491
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default Meetan's Sixth Updates Yay!

    The Black Swan

    Poketim – Not the type to get easily lost in daydreams, you feel a little concerned that it’s happened to you twice in ten minutes. This isn’t really the safest place for such silliness, either, and your Koffing decides to keep you in check. “Heads, straight. Tails, left. What’s it gonna be?” You leave your route to chance, but even that doesn’t go to plan. The coin plops into the water, rolling along the floor. Somn gives chase.

    “Well, at least we sorta decided a way to go...” You mumble, and Krieg sighs, hovering along after you. The celing and stairs have caved in for the most part, with the furniture of different levels and rooms partially submerged and all visible. There is a dip in the middle of the very long room, following the curve of the ship. There aren’t any fancy carpets or luxuries to note, but then, it’s been plenty of decades since the wreck.

    Looking around, perplexed, you notice that Somn is beginning to shiver. Something is unsettling him, even confusing him, but his usual psychic abilities are being subdued. “Drow... Drow... Zeee....” There are few things that could cause such a problem, but all you know is that it’s a big one. Relying on chance might not be safe, if chance is not on your side. Somn is trying to communicate with you, and Krief looks visibly taken aback. What’s going on?

    Takeo‘The fire just now... didn’t feel natural... Somehow felt, supernatural...’ You think to yourself, keeping silent so as to not alert Grace. Even with the both of you in panic, having company in this situation keeps you both rational and somewhat calm. Or not. The thudding comes again, different from before, quieter. Whatever it is, it’s on the floor directly above you. It’s coming for you. Something supernatural is coming for you.

    “We need to get above ground.” You say anxiously, trembling. However, you have no Pokemon that can help you and you’re surrounded by now-freezing water in other rooms, like a sitting Ducklett awaiting a predator. You tense, trying to think. Think, think! It can’t end like this! But then, the thudding is suddenly accompanied by sweeping torch light, and it stops. A yellow beam shines down at you, and you see a tanned, brown haired individual in blue board-shorts and a white top.

    “What the hell are you doing in there, man? This is private property! Are you trying to set fire to this thing wth you in it?” He demands, accent local. Thankfully, this person doesn’t seem threatening or even too angry, but it looks like you were right at this being a private beach.. With a private shipwreck. “Y’alright down there?”

    Amphy – The pair of you quarrel, but really, it’s all just for show. Cherubi can really feel this odd... Whatever it is now, and he doesn’t feel like he could leave this adventure behind without it nagging at him, unsolved. He’s worried that if he leaves you, you’ll wuss out and run away, but you don’t. You are a knght with a knife, and now without a plate, and you’re going in!

    Diving underneath with your eyes squeezed shut, you’re swimming blind. The salt stings your lips, but the water’s warm, and you hold your breath forcefully a long time, arms almost always outstretched as you feel outward for debris, something to hold onto for breath, or a Carvahna that might eat your face.

    Eventually, you’re forced to surface, taking a deep breath. Wiping frantically at your eyes, frightened that the salt will try to burn them from your sockets, you eventually buck up the courage to open them.

    What. Is happening.

    You open your eyes, and find yourself in the middle of seawater. It isn’t too deep, but your feet aren’t touching the floor. The beach is in sight, not too far away, but there is no ship. There are cliffs, and off to the right you can see a cove entrance, and off to the right, the pier – but it looks less wrecked and far sturdier than you remember, but it might just be you.

    Where is the Black Swan? Where the heck are you? What are you going to do?!
    The Lighthouse

    DeadLion – “Keep on Pecking, Chainsaw! I’m alright!”

    Clearly, you aren’t, but you think you might just be able to manage. The skeletons are wrestling at you, and in their state of death, they can’t feel pain, tiredness or even awareness. Luckily for you, as the Woobat struggles to split its concentration between the two battles, you find their strength weakening enough for you to hold out and notice the lift. It was broken, so there had to be something that you could pull off it! Preparing yourself, you take a mighty leap, breaking through your enemies to reach the doors.

    Two small windows allow you to vaguely see through. There is nothing to pull out or wreck or anything, and the doors won’t even open. You put your fingers in a little gap, and try pulling, but it’s not enough. You’re tired, and weak as it is, and those skeletons have just turned back round, and are ominously staring at you.

    The Woobat is struggling to fight off Skarmory, whose pecks are dealing fearsome damage now that it’s struggling to dodge and defend. In a desperate move, it uses Confusion, catching the steel type still, and hurling it at the side of the lift, temporarily dizzying and stunning Chainsaw, who definitely felt the blow. “Chainsaw!”

    You’re concerned, obviously, but inspired, too. Chainsaw’s talons are tough, but thin. Maybe she could claw the doors open, or even break through the windows and help you through? But the battle’s not won yet. Which instinct do you follow – fight, or flight?

    ((Poketim and Amphy - I'm perfectly happy to merge your adventures, as that might actually make things a bit easier for me creativity wise and spice things up a bit. Idk when exactly this merge will happen, but I will obv alert you here. At the rate that these updates are going, don't expect it to take too long, so make sure you both want this before it happens, yes?))

  17. #492
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – Teddiursa’s attempt at a Scratch attack fails as Surgei speeds away at the last minute, flying high in the air to use an Ancient Power, followed by yet another. The rocks in the area all rise up, some even being pulled from under the ground, all aimed for the little bear. It’s speedy, and dodges a few angrily, but this doesn’t garentee safety. Eventually, the Pokemon is hit, crying and wailing as it rolls across the floor.

    The attack does some damage, but not enough. Surgei may be safe out of the way, but you aren’t. This crazy confident Teddiursa has realised that it can’t reach the dragonfly, but it Leers at you, and then goes to Scratch you all over your body and face. Most Pokemon don’t focus on human targets if a battle’s been clearly established, but this one clearly doesn’t care for the rules of the world.

    What do you do?
    Surgei sped away at the last moment, able to get out of the way of the savage little Teddiursa's SCRATCH attack. He flies high into the air, and sends a ton of rocks at Teddiursa with his Ancientpower. Teddiursa gets hits by some of the rocks, and falls backwards, crying and wailing from the hit. 'Alright, Surgei. This is good. If we are able to keep this up, we will be able to beat this little Teddiursa quickly.' The Teddiursa gets back up, and does something really strange and scary. He runs towards Blaze his paws outstretched, with the full intention of SCRATCHing him as well. 'What in the world? Pokemon don't attack people!!!'

    Blaze remembered one day when he Geodude was trying to teach him how to fight if he ever needed to. " 'The best way to fight and opponent is to counter their strategies. If they attack physically, keep you distance or use their momentum against them in an attack like Submission or Reversal. Basically, try to catch him if you can. If you can't, run.' " Blaze knew that the Teddiursa was a small Pokemon, and that if he was lucky, he could grab him and neutralize him. But, he was not taking any chances. This could get ugly fast for him, and he knew it. "Alright, you little rotten teddy, playtime is over. Surgei, I need some supporting fire. You have the rocks ready, so give him another couple of ANCIENTPOWERS. I am going to try and grab the little sucker in my hands. Try not to hit me with the rocks and make it so he has a hard time dodging." He was not sure if Surgei got it, but he could only hope that Surgei understood as he ran towards the Teddiursa. 'If you play dirty with me little guy, don't expect a clean fight either.


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  18. #493
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – Teddiursa was loving this, quite frankly. She hadn’t expected you to come running at her, and it did surprise her, but damn. You charge at the bear as Surgei watches from above, already beginnng Ancient Power, as attested by the floating rocks in the vicinity. You and your targeter charge full on, and she stumbles back due to her smaller height... But your strategy has backfired.

    This thing is feral. She scratches at your hands rather than interlocking with them for any sort of punch, defence or wrestle and the pain is searing. There is blood, a lot of it, and you withdraw with a cry. Teddiursa seems to have forgotten Surgei in his exactment of revenge, lunging at you to rip you to shreds, and it practically has you on the floor. Surgei’s attack waits no longer – it can’t if you want to live – and while some brush you, the rocks all pummel your assailaint and send him off into the lake. She surfaces, spitting and crying and flailing and doggy paddling until it can clutch the edge.

    “Ursa...”

    It’s stopped for now, but Surgei has a bad feeling, and so do you – probably more considering the state you’re in, actually. The Teddiursa might retreat once it gets out the water, but you can’t be sure. And, as we know, it doesn’t like you. Either of you. You can settle this now, or take your chances. What do you do?

  19. #494
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan
    Takeo‘The fire just now... didn’t feel natural... Somehow felt, supernatural...’ You think to yourself, keeping silent so as to not alert Grace. Even with the both of you in panic, having company in this situation keeps you both rational and somewhat calm. Or not. The thudding comes again, different from before, quieter. Whatever it is, it’s on the floor directly above you. It’s coming for you. Something supernatural is coming for you.

    “We need to get above ground.” You say anxiously, trembling. However, you have no Pokemon that can help you and you’re surrounded by now-freezing water in other rooms, like a sitting Ducklett awaiting a predator. You tense, trying to think. Think, think! It can’t end like this! But then, the thudding is suddenly accompanied by sweeping torch light, and it stops. A yellow beam shines down at you, and you see a tanned, brown haired individual in blue board-shorts and a white top.

    “What the hell are you doing in there, man? This is private property! Are you trying to set fire to this thing wth you in it?” He demands, accent local. Thankfully, this person doesn’t seem threatening or even too angry, but it looks like you were right at this being a private beach.. With a private shipwreck. “Y’alright down there?”

    The thudding came again, different from before, quieter. Whatever it was, it was on the floor directly above them. It was coming for them. Something supernatural was coming for them. Surrounded by now-freezing water in the other rooms, like a sitting Ducklett awaiting a predator.

    Hallow tensed up, trying to think. Think, think! It can’t end like this!,
    The thudding stopped, a yellow beam of light shined down, blinding them for a second,
    A tanned, brown haired individual in blue board-shorts and a white top came into view,
    “What the hell are you doing in there, man? This is private property! Are you trying to set fire to this thing with you in it?” He demanded, his accent local. He didn’t sound threatening or even too angry.
    Looks like I was right at this being a private beach...With a private shipwreck?,
    “Y’alright down there?,” ha asked,

    "Yea fine, but if it isn't too much trouble...mind getting us out of here?,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 8:22 AM.

  20. #495
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – Teddiursa was loving this, quite frankly. She hadn’t expected you to come running at her, and it did surprise her, but damn. You charge at the bear as Surgei watches from above, already beginnng Ancient Power, as attested by the floating rocks in the vicinity. You and your targeter charge full on, and she stumbles back due to her smaller height... But your strategy has backfired.

    This thing is feral. She scratches at your hands rather than interlocking with them for any sort of punch, defence or wrestle and the pain is searing. There is blood, a lot of it, and you withdraw with a cry. Teddiursa seems to have forgotten Surgei in his exactment of revenge, lunging at you to rip you to shreds, and it practically has you on the floor. Surgei’s attack waits no longer – it can’t if you want to live – and while some brush you, the rocks all pummel your assailaint and send him off into the lake. She surfaces, spitting and crying and flailing and doggy paddling until it can clutch the edge.

    “Ursa...”

    It’s stopped for now, but Surgei has a bad feeling, and so do you – probably more considering the state you’re in, actually. The Teddiursa might retreat once it gets out the water, but you can’t be sure. And, as we know, it doesn’t like you. Either of you. You can settle this now, or take your chances. What do you do?

    The Teddiursa seemed to be pretty surprised to see Blaze charging at him, but she was more happy. Probably thinking more about how stupid the human was in charging him than anything else. Surgei was flitting above ready to give support, as he began another Ancientpower, raising rocks into the air to prepare for the strike. The Teddiursa and I charge full on. His superior height and weight make the Teddiursa fly a bit back, and he goes to the grab it before it can do anymore damage. That is when **** got bad.

    The Teddiursa was completely rabid, and SCRATCHES at Blaze's hands instead of trying to fight him hand to hand. The pain is searing on Blaze's hands, and he grimaces and backs up with a cry. There was blood. Blood everywhere. His hands were covered in the crimson liquid. The Teddiursa seems to have forgotten all about Surgei to gets it revenge on Blaze, and lunges at him. Blaze tries to get up, but his hands are in too much pain. The Teddiursa jumps on Blaze's chest, and swings its paw up into the air for the next blow. 'Crap crap crap crap crap crap crap CRAP CRAP CRAP CRAP!'

    Fortunately, Surgei comes through just in time. The rocks launch at Teddiursa, and while some of the them brushed up against Blaze, nearly all of them hit Teddiursa. He goes flying into the lake, and Blaze gets up, looking at his hands. 'Jesus Christ. Look at all that blood.' The Teddiursa surfaes, spitting out water, and crying, trying to doggy paddle.

    "Ursa..."

    Blaze got that bad feeling again like when he first saw the Teddiursa taking the food, but, he was more preoccupied with his hands. 'If I lose anymore blood, I am going to die, or at least pass out.' He looked at Surgei, who was flying down towards him. "Not the smartest move there man. You should be more careful with how you charge." "Yeah, yeah. Here, let us do this. Use your ANCIENTPOWER to create a barrier around us. I need to treat these wounds so that I don't bleed out like a pig. Then, I want you to go get help. Try to find a trainer that has a Chansey or an Audino or something. We can't take any chances here."

    "Yes sir." Surgei was lifting the rocks up in the air, and looked back. "That was pretty bad-***."


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  21. #496
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    The Lighthouse

    DeadLion – “Keep on Pecking, Chainsaw! I’m alright!”

    Clearly, you aren’t, but you think you might just be able to manage. The skeletons are wrestling at you, and in their state of death, they can’t feel pain, tiredness or even awareness. Luckily for you, as the Woobat struggles to split its concentration between the two battles, you find their strength weakening enough for you to hold out and notice the lift. It was broken, so there had to be something that you could pull off it! Preparing yourself, you take a mighty leap, breaking through your enemies to reach the doors.

    Two small windows allow you to vaguely see through. There is nothing to pull out or wreck or anything, and the doors won’t even open. You put your fingers in a little gap, and try pulling, but it’s not enough. You’re tired, and weak as it is, and those skeletons have just turned back round, and are ominously staring at you.

    The Woobat is struggling to fight off Skarmory, whose pecks are dealing fearsome damage now that it’s struggling to dodge and defend. In a desperate move, it uses Confusion, catching the steel type still, and hurling it at the side of the lift, temporarily dizzying and stunning Chainsaw, who definitely felt the blow. “Chainsaw!”

    You’re concerned, obviously, but inspired, too. Chainsaw’s talons are tough, but thin. Maybe she could claw the doors open, or even break through the windows and help you through? But the battle’s not won yet. Which instinct do you follow – fight, or flight?
    Suchiru swore, both at her inability to force the lift's doors open, and since Chainsaw took a hit that certainly looked painful. Coming to the Lighthouse had definitely been a pretty bad mistake, but it was too late to turn back now. Far too late, so Suchiru would simply have to deal with it.
    "Keep it busy Chainsaw! Keep pecking for now!" Suchiru grinned to herself, removing her jacket, whilst she kept her distance from the skeletons. This plan was risky enough without being tired AND beaten up, "Come down here a second Chainsaw!"
    Suchiru waited for her Skarmory to get a chance to land, hoping that she would be strong enough to fly with a human on her back. Her plan after that was to fly up near the Woobat, and to throw her jacket on top of it. After that, Suchiru planned to have Chainsaw attack again, although having a human on her back might make that just a little difficult.
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

  22. #497
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default Meetan's Internet-Failed-When-I-Tried-To-Update-Earlier Updates #7 :D

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You ask the stranger if it’ll be much trouble to get you out of there. “Naw, not at all. Hold on a sec.” He says, and moves off for a minute. You’re worried that he’s just going to wander off and not come back, but he does return to view, hauling down an Escape Rope for you to grab onto. Seeing as you’re not the heaviest lad, and that he appears to be quite strong, as long as the floor doesn’t go through again, you should both be fine. “Just take it slow and steady. I think y’already know this isn’t the safest place to go wandering around.” The man tells you, and you nod in agreement, clutching onto the rope and beginning a slow, very careful ascent, with Grace’s claws digging uncomfortably into your shoulder.

    When you eventually get onto safe flooring, you feel wiped out, but relieved to be alive and in some company. “C’mon, we gotta get out of here. Fast.” He says next, and you agree with that, too. Your adventure inside the Black Swan has come to a quick conclusion, you feel disappointedly, as the man begins to guide you both out. However, your adventure has not come to a complete close. “I’ll take you to the villa up the beach. My boss’ll want to see you.”

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – That was pretty bad shiz, Surgei was right, but you don’t need to hear it right now. You look like the first death out of a horror movie, reborn, or near enough. In fact, the very sight of you is not going to be encouraging tourism to Lake Laguna anytime soon. Your Yanmega is casting a barrier of rocks around you as you very, very tentatively slip your backpack off your shoulder, looking for anything to treat them with. But the pain is making your fingers twitch and you can’t even get a grasp on the zip.

    “There’s a Ranger’s hut nearby! I’ll go and get help!” The bystander that you valiently (sort of) rescued quickly returns the favour, dashing off into the brush. Most of the other people around have unsurprisingly legged it, including the mother and two children from the picnic, but the father’s still there, and he has a small first aid kit, which he procures. He looks about ready to throw it in your direction, until he sees that you wouldn’t be able to manage yourself. Your hands are losing feeling except for a stinging ache. Assistance isn’t going to come in time.

    Teddiursa finally pulls herself out of the lake, sopping wet and utterly distraught. She looks at you both, and the father, then the food that it had coveted, conveniently waiting for it by a tree trunk. However, after humiliation, it will not be satisfied to take the food and scram. If Surgei isn’t knocked out or you aren’t near dead, the mission will be a failure. It Leers viciously, then returns its attention back to Surgei, paw raised and sharp claws ready. Maybe it can make you two gory and matching.
    What do you do?

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – Chainsaw shakes off the blow after a few seconds, going back up to use its only offensive move, pecking away at the Woobat. It’s beginning to lose height, and eventually, drops down onto the floor, an unusual move for a flying-type. “Come down here for a second, Chainsaw!”

    Instead of swooping down to try and finish the match, she returns to your side, crouching down so that you can climb onto her shiny, silver back, wielding the jacket as a type of trap pack. Woobat sees your strategy, and you’ve forgotten the skeletons, which it utilizes to charge at the both of you whilst it tries to rest itself. Woobat’s obviously weak if it needs focus and settle down like this, but it also means your previous idea won’t work for as long as Woobat’s on the ground. But, also, you may be safer on Chainsaw’s back for now, where it can peck away at those nuisances. Is there some way to stop the skeletons’ charge without getting at Woobat first, or is it not worth the effort?

  23. #498
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You ask the stranger if it’ll be much trouble to get you out of there. “Naw, not at all. Hold on a sec.” He says, and moves off for a minute. You’re worried that he’s just going to wander off and not come back, but he does return to view, hauling down an Escape Rope for you to grab onto. Seeing as you’re not the heaviest lad, and that he appears to be quite strong, as long as the floor doesn’t go through again, you should both be fine. “Just take it slow and steady. I think y’already know this isn’t the safest place to go wandering around.” The man tells you, and you nod in agreement, clutching onto the rope and beginning a slow, very careful ascent, with Grace’s claws digging uncomfortably into your shoulder.

    When you eventually get onto safe flooring, you feel wiped out, but relieved to be alive and in some company. “C’mon, we gotta get out of here. Fast.” He says next, and you agree with that, too. Your adventure inside the Black Swan has come to a quick conclusion, you feel disappointedly, as the man begins to guide you both out. However, your adventure has not come to a complete close. “I’ll take you to the villa up the beach. My boss’ll want to see you.”

    “Naw, not at all. Hold on a sec.” He said, moving out of view,
    After a minute of waiting, Hallow became uneasy, thinking the man had just wandered off and forgotten about them,
    To Hallow's relief, he returned, hauling down an Escape Rope,
    Hallow grabbed onto it, mentally making a note to himself, Remember to get one of these when we get back to town,
    “Just take it slow and steady. I think y’already know this isn’t the safest place to go wandering around.” The man tells him, Hallow nodding in agreement, clutching onto the rope and beginning a slow, very careful ascent, with Grace’s claws digging uncomfortably into his shoulder.
    Why didn't I put you in your pokeball..., Hallow made a sour face,

    They had finally reached stable footing, Hallow felt wiped, but relieved to be alive and in some company.
    “C’mon, we gotta get out of here. Fast.” the man said,
    Hallow agreed,

    His exploration inside the Black Swan had come to a quick conclusion, feeling a bit disappointed, as the man began to guide them both out.

    However, his adventure had not come to a complete close,
    “I’ll take you to the villa up the beach. My boss’ll want to see you.”

    "Your boss?, what exactly does you boss want to see me for?," Hallow said in a defensive tone,



    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 8:23 AM.

  24. #499
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default Meetan's Update #8

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – “Your boss? What exactly does he want to talk to me for?” You demand in a rather defensive tone. Consciously, you rub your shoulder where Vulpix was clinging for dear life, once again asking yourself why you didn’t just put her away. At least when you go to tell your friends about your adventures in the bar, you will have some proof of your ordeals.

    “Well, you did tresspass on his property. If he hadn’t noticed the ship shaking weirdly, you’d still be in there.” The stranger explains after a short silence of heading round all the debris or unstable looking parts. His choice of exit gets your ankles wet, as he heads into an unexplored room and through a gaping hole in the side. From here, behind some large palm trees and large bushes trimmed like water Pokemon, you can see bits of a grand, white villa, with great glass windows and several balconies. You think back. The ship had weirdly shaken? You hadn’t even noticed it. “You have to come with me, or he’ll call the police.”

    Sounds like you’re in trouble. Or maybe this rich guy just wants to hear words of gratitude for the effort of sending someone out there to save your bum. Either way, you’re not feeling great about this. What do you do?


  25. #500
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post

    The Lighthouse

    Deadlion – Chainsaw shakes off the blow after a few seconds, going back up to use its only offensive move, pecking away at the Woobat. It’s beginning to lose height, and eventually, drops down onto the floor, an unusual move for a flying-type. “Come down here for a second, Chainsaw!”

    Instead of swooping down to try and finish the match, she returns to your side, crouching down so that you can climb onto her shiny, silver back, wielding the jacket as a type of trap pack. Woobat sees your strategy, and you’ve forgotten the skeletons, which it utilizes to charge at the both of you whilst it tries to rest itself. Woobat’s obviously weak if it needs focus and settle down like this, but it also means your previous idea won’t work for as long as Woobat’s on the ground. But, also, you may be safer on Chainsaw’s back for now, where it can peck away at those nuisances. Is there some way to stop the skeletons’ charge without getting at Woobat first, or is it not worth the effort?
    "Next time, I'm packing a weapon..." Suchiru muttered, from the back of her steel bird, as she hunkered down, and prepared herself for what she was about to do, whilst she whispered her plan to Chainsaw. It was pretty simple, just distract the skeletons, and defeat the Woobat.

    "Now... CHAAARGE!" The trainer screamed out, holding onto Chainsaw tightly, and hoping that they were heading for something other than the wall.

    Because, you know, that's really a downer.
    ~{ASB}~ ~{FB}~

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •