Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 698

Thread: Whale Island's Recorded History

  1. #526
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – “I didn’t give you my name yet. It’s Christopher.” The Ranger tells you, going forward to hook an elbow round yours and gently hoist you up, the Seismitoad carefully helping from your other side. “It was kinda silly. Teddiursa look cute, but they’ve got sharp claws and some of them are brave and quick. All Pokemon are different, after all. I’m surprised you hadn’t heard about the trouble the ones here are causing.

    “It’s the Teddiursa and Ursaring, mostly,” He continues, starting to slowly lead you off in the direction he came from, probably to try and get you some more help. “A new group of them immigrated from another area a while ago, and they’ve been thriving here. Breeding like wildfire. They’re vicious buggers – all causing trouble, but we Rangers are struggling to find a solution. Mostof the forest Pokemon we befriend here aren’t tough enough to take them, and the trainers are usually holidaying on Whale Island and can’t be bothered with the challenge.” The ‘ugly looking thing’ nods in agreement with his partner’s predicament, “We’re at our wits end. Nobody’s been killed yet, but if this carries on... I just don’t know what’s pushing them to behave like this. I don’t think it’s natural.”

    So, the story wasn’t hidden for long, and it definitely isn’t right. What will you two do?

    The ranger had caught on to Blaze's turn of phrasing, but didn't seem to be too mad or cautious about what Blaze what doing. “I didn’t give you my name yet. It’s Christopher.” the ranger says to Blaze as he hooked one arm around Blaze's, and his Seismitoad wrapped his arm around Blaze's other arm. They both heisted him up, and while Blaze was a little shaky, he found it was a little bit easier to stand up now then it was before. “It was kinda silly. Teddiursa look cute, but they’ve got sharp claws and some of them are brave and quick. All Pokemon are different, after all. I’m surprised you hadn’t heard about the trouble the ones here are causing." the Ranger said. "No, I hadn't heard. And if there was all this trouble, why were there people here?"

    “It’s the Teddiursa and Ursaring, mostly,” he said as him and his Seismitoad began to pull him in the direction that he came from. 'Probably to go get me some help most likely. Hopefully he isn't bringing me to their lair. :P' Surgei was attentive, buzzing around to make sure that the Ranger and his toad friend were not going to run off with Blaze. “A new group of them immigrated from another area a while ago, and they’ve been thriving here. Breeding like wildfire. They’re vicious buggers – all causing trouble, but we Rangers are struggling to find a solution. Most of the forest Pokemon we befriend here aren’t tough enough to take them, and the trainers are usually holidaying on Whale Island and can’t be bothered with the challenge.” The Siesmitoad next to Blaze nodded in agreement, and Blaze thought about what the ranger had said, 'So, it seems that some Teddiursa and Ursaring have immigrated here from another part of the island. Case of the invasive species. With no natural checks, they have flourished here, and have become aggressive and violent. The rest of the Pokemon in the forest are too weak to fight, and the Rangers are too spread out I would guess. Someone is at work here, this is not natural.' “We’re at our wits end. Nobody’s been killed yet, but if this carries on... I just don’t know what’s pushing them to behave like this. I don’t think it’s natural.”

    "I agree with you. This does not seem like a natural occurrence. But, it seems like it is something local, at least possibly." Surgei jumped into the conversation at that point, as he had a few questions that he would have liked to have answered. "Hello, Ranger Christopher." He did a slight salute to him in respect. "If I may, I would like to ask a few questions that would shed some light on the situation. For one, where are the Teddiursa and the Ursaring frequenting? Two, how many Rangers are there for the forest? Three, are there places that you have not been able to get into lately, for possibly a large group of these rabid animals? And finally, have their been anything suspicious happening lately? People moving in and out, or strange noises or machinery?" Blaze looked a little blushed, "Sorry, but Surgei is a reincarnated World War II soldier. He is good at asking questions?" Blaze looked at the ranger for the answers that would hopefully clear up this situation.


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  2. #527
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default Meetan's Update Collection

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – Taking Grace back into her Poke Ball, you decide that there’s been enough talk and that it’s time for action. “There’s a place I’d like to investigate first. It was before Grace had fallen through the staircase that we heard noise coming from on top of the ship.” You explain, and the man nods in understanding, glancing to Zachary.

    “We might as well go.” He tells his boss, “It’s useless to wait around in here.” Without waiting for permission or more insults, he strides out of the door, expecting you to follow (and you do). Braving the stormy conditions in his limited outfit, the man speaks over the howling wind and rainfall, “I’m Oliver, by the way. I work as a lifeguard and security here, too. I’ve only been here for just over a year, but I’ve not seen him act like that very often!”

    You have his name now, and feel more comfortable working with him. The bridge between you two has closed and you’re on the same boat. This time, he leaps through the break in the ship that you and Grace first did to enter, and he skids on the waterlogged wood, but doesn’t fall. “Do you have any idea how you’re going to get to the top? Psychic or fighting Pokemon, anything like that? If the Pokemon’s too heavy, there might be another collapse, so we should be careful.”

    What do you do?

    Laguna Lake
    Fireray – ((I’m going to say this now: laziness with capitalisation, punctuation and spelling is really not inspiring. It quite frankly says something when you can’t spell your own Pokemon’s species – ‘Corphish’ – correctly. I’m pretty sure you’ve been told off in other zones before and it has been a big debating topic recently so you should know better. Please shape up or I’ll take on someone else instead. I don’t demand perfection, but I do want better than this.))

    Cyndaquil was still moaning, and with a lax apology, you withdraw him from the scene. That probably wasn’t the best idea. Against these guys, who are clearly equipped to tackle water enemies, a fire-type might have better kept them on their toes. At least he was still thinking of volcanoes when he disappeared, not feeling disappointment or anything else negative.

    “No, Corphish, we’re not here to swim! We need to stop these crooks.” You order before your team member can attempt to take a dip. That would have been a really bad move. You know they’re organised, but who’s giving orders and what organisation do they belong to? The orders amuse you a little. They’re like a batch of human Cyndaquils!

    You order the little water-type to use surf, and follow up with a bubble attack to stun them. Daring to get closer to the water, a large wave suddenly rises from the lake, upsetting the already-surprised life within it. It crashes down on the enemies, who call out in anger at being soaked and stunned, soapy bubbles getting into their eyes and temporarily blinding them.
    “Boss, over there!” One man calls, still trying to fix his sight, a gloved hand rubbing furiously at irritated eyes. The assumed top dog from earlier turns round and sneers, eyeing your Corphish.

    “He’s just a child. But go and teach him a lesson, for his sake!” He orders, and at once, a small group of lackeys start making their way towards you, still wielding their large guns whilst the others try to continue the mission they started.

    They’re bigger than you in size, age and physical numbers. What do you do?

    Plight of Leon – The Ranger was momentarily stunned to find that the Yanmega had just started chattering away as if talking Pokemon were perfectly normal. Psychic types and the occasional Lapras or Lucario, maybe, but this? “Well...” Christopher started, clearing his throat to try and get past this not-so-little revelation, “The Teddiursa and Ursaring have made their nests at a waterfall and cliffsides not too far from the lake. There are caves there which reach out to different parts of the island. I know that some have occasionally started trekking out into the urban areas, but it’s not too frequent yet and there are only four Rangers currently available to deal with all situations we’re called in for.

    “Next, those areas I just mentioned are harder to traverse through on foot because of the Pokemon immigration. And finally... Whale Island has strange occurances all the time. It has a history, quite a superstitious one, but aside from stories about The Black Swan pirate ship, Pokemon have never been affected until now. I don’t even think people have, but they can choose to believe in whatever they want.” He adds. The rest stop is finally in sight: a big, wooden house, with small fencing around it to form a very minor garden perimeter. There was a loft as well, as the sky light in the roof suggested. Seismitoad holds you up by himself for a moment so that the Ranger could open the door for you all to enter, closing it behind you.

    “I’ll get an ambulance or a car to come out and collect you. Or, we’ll take you into town if there’s no other way.” Christopher assures you seriously, Seismitoad taking you through to a medical room, towards an empty white bed with a steel frame, “I won’t ask you to help us. You’re not in the condition to. But if you know of anyone – we’d appreciate the call when you feel ready to.”

    What do you do?

  3. #528
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – Taking Grace back into her Poke Ball, you decide that there’s been enough talk and that it’s time for action. “There’s a place I’d like to investigate first. It was before Grace had fallen through the staircase that we heard noise coming from on top of the ship.” You explain, and the man nods in understanding, glancing to Zachary.

    “We might as well go.” He tells his boss, “It’s useless to wait around in here.” Without waiting for permission or more insults, he strides out of the door, expecting you to follow (and you do). Braving the stormy conditions in his limited outfit, the man speaks over the howling wind and rainfall, “I’m Oliver, by the way. I work as a lifeguard and security here, too. I’ve only been here for just over a year, but I’ve not seen him act like that very often!”

    You have his name now, and feel more comfortable working with him. The bridge between you two has closed and you’re on the same boat. This time, he leaps through the break in the ship that you and Grace first did to enter, and he skids on the waterlogged wood, but doesn’t fall. “Do you have any idea how you’re going to get to the top? Psychic or fighting Pokemon, anything like that? If the Pokemon’s too heavy, there might be another collapse, so we should be careful.”

    What do you do?

    The man nodded in understanding, glancing to Zachary.

    “We might as well go.” He tells his boss, “It’s useless to wait around in here.” Without waiting for permission or more insults, he strided out of the door, expecting Hallow to follow, which he did. Braving the stormy conditions in his limited outfit, the man spoke over the howling wind and rainfall,
    “I’m Oliver, by the way. I work as a lifeguard and security here, too. I’ve only been here for just over a year, but I’ve not seen him act like that very often!”

    A sort of relief took over after hearing his name, and Hallow felt more comfortable around him. The bridge between them had closed and now they were on the same boat, figuratively.

    Oliver leaped through the break in the ship that he and Hallow first exited from, Oliver skidded on the waterlogged wood, but managed not to fall.
    “Do you have any idea how you’re going to get to the top? Psychic or fighting Pokemon, anything like that? If the Pokemon’s too heavy, there might be another collapse, so we should be careful.”

    Hallow thought about this, he had only brought Grace along...,
    "Unless you yourself have any pokemon, as I all I have is Grace...,"

    Suddenly, an eerily light came from his backpack,
    "Wait..., no, it couldn't be...," he said astonished,

    He looked through his bag,
    "I received this Egg on my travels," Hallow explained,
    "But I didn't think it would hatch now of all times,"

    He slowly took the Egg out of his pack,

    Soon a beautiful pink tentacles pushed through the shell and the rest of the body followed suit, his new baby twirled showing off for him. She stopped now floating in the air,

    He bowed to her, the queen of the ocean, no, she was, a Dancing Queen,

    He quickly placed her in a pokeball,
    He turned to face Oliver,
    "Well Oliver," he smirked, "seems we have a way to get across now,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 9:36 AM.

  4. #529
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    Plight of Leon – The Ranger was momentarily stunned to find that the Yanmega had just started chattering away as if talking Pokemon were perfectly normal. Psychic types and the occasional Lapras or Lucario, maybe, but this? “Well...” Christopher started, clearing his throat to try and get past this not-so-little revelation, “The Teddiursa and Ursaring have made their nests at a waterfall and cliffsides not too far from the lake. There are caves there which reach out to different parts of the island. I know that some have occasionally started trekking out into the urban areas, but it’s not too frequent yet and there are only four Rangers currently available to deal with all situations we’re called in for.

    “Next, those areas I just mentioned are harder to traverse through on foot because of the Pokemon immigration. And finally... Whale Island has strange occurances all the time. It has a history, quite a superstitious one, but aside from stories about The Black Swan pirate ship, Pokemon have never been affected until now. I don’t even think people have, but they can choose to believe in whatever they want.” He adds. The rest stop is finally in sight: a big, wooden house, with small fencing around it to form a very minor garden perimeter. There was a loft as well, as the sky light in the roof suggested. Seismitoad holds you up by himself for a moment so that the Ranger could open the door for you all to enter, closing it behind you.

    “I’ll get an ambulance or a car to come out and collect you. Or, we’ll take you into town if there’s no other way.” Christopher assures you seriously, Seismitoad taking you through to a medical room, towards an empty white bed with a steel frame, “I won’t ask you to help us. You’re not in the condition to. But if you know of anyone – we’d appreciate the call when you feel ready to.”

    What do you do?
    Looking at the Ranger, it clear from the look on his face that he was stunned that the Yanmega had just come up and talked to him, and especially in the way that made it seem like all Pokemon were able to talk. "Well..." Christopher started, before clearing to try and get past this pretty big revelation he had just heard, "The Teddiursa and Ursaring have made their nests at a waterfall and the cliffsides not too far from the lake. There are caves there which reach out to different parts of the island.. I know that some have occasionally started trekking out into the urban areas, but it's not too ferquent yet, and there are only four Ranger currently available to deal with all situations we're called for.

    "Next, those areas I just mentioned are harder to traverse through on foot because of the Pokemon immigration. And finally...Whale Island has strange occurances all the time. It had a history, quite a superstitious one, but aside from stories about The Black Swan pirate ship, Pokemon have never been affected until now. I don't even think people have, but they can choose to believe in whatever they want." He adds. Blaze listened and tried to make some sense out of this. He knew that something was involved with the waterfalls, and that it might have something to do with the pirate ship, but no real conclusions could be given. While Blaze is thinking, he sees the rest stop in sight, and for the second time on his adventure, he truly felt safe. Safe and sound. It was a big, wooden house, with some small fencing that made a small garden perimeter. 'Probably not very good at keeping people out.' There was also some sort of loft as well, as there was skylight that would allow light in. The Seismitoad helps Blaze up for a brief second, while the Ranger opens the door and helps Blaze inside.

    "I'll get an ambulance or a car to come out and collect you. Or, we'll take you into town if there's no other way." Christopher tries to assure Blaze. The Seismitoad holds Blaze up, taking him towards the medical room, which has an empty white bed with a steel frame. 'What, no first-class accomodations?' Blaze was tempted to laugh, but decided against it. "I won't ask you to help us. You're not in the condition to. But, if you know of anyone - we'd appreciate the call when you feel ready to."

    Surgei followed Blaze into the room. "So...how bad is it Blaze?" "They don't really hurt anymore. Just numb. And stiff. I'm concerned that the Teddiursa might have severed a tendon or two. If that it true, I might not have full control over the fingers in my hand." Blaze looked down in despair. He did not want to have hands that would not work. It seemed...wrong. "I'm sorry to hear that. I hope that you do okay. Truthfully." "Thanks. What do you think about what is going on here?" "Well, I don't know what to make of it heads or tails. It seems likes something is going on, on this island. We don't know much about the myths and stories about this place. It might have something to do with the pirate ship wreckage, or it could be the work of some sort of secret organization. I'm not sure to be honest. I think we would need to do some extra investigation, but, you are too injured to try and do that." Blaze looked down, feeling down about letting people down. He only hoped he could get better quickly. "Surgei, why have you taken such an interest in this?" "Truthfully, its like war. There are two sides, and one is invading the other. Not much is known about them or their plan, and getting behind enemies lines if difficult. It's...exciting." Blaze thought, 'He seems to love this. I think I should ask what he wants to do. This adventure IS for him.' "Surgei, what do you want to do?" "I...want to go with the Ranger and explore the area. If it difficult on foot, it should be nothing in the air. Plus, I have alreay shown my worth in situations like this." "Then, you know what, I think this is a good thing. You can go." "...Thank you..."

    Blaze looked around for the ranger, and saw him. "Christopher! Do you have a PC or anything I can use to e-mail someone for me?"


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  5. #530
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default Meetan's Not-So-Rapid-Fire-Updates #?

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – After proceeding into the ship with Oliver, a miracle occurs! An eery light is emitted by your backpack, and after explaining that you have acquired an egg on your travels, you remove it to show him. He watches in awe as pink tentacles push through the shell, and a ghost floats forth, twirling to impress you. You think she’s the queen of the ocean, and not only that, but a dancing queen!

    “Well, Oliver, seems we have a way to get across now.” You smirk. Oliver’s still gobsmacked, but also uncertain.

    “Are you sure? I mean, she just hatched... Do ghosts really have that kind of power?”

    Thinking about it, you’re not sure, either. But one thing you do know is, if there’s anything lurking across that gap, your new Frillish could float ahead and find out for you. Not only that, but she could probably get something to help you across, like a makeshift bridge or a rope, as most ghosts can interact with the physical. Heck, even Grace could help out, if she’s brave enough to join Frillish for some extra manpower.

    You reiterate that you’re sure, but it’s time to prove your point. What do you do?

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – The Seismitoad lies you down on the bed, and you look at your hands in despair, relaying concern to the Yanmega and others around you that you’re worried you’ve severed your tendons. The idea forms a pit in your stomach. Hands that don’t work feel wrong to you. You’re in no position to help or do anything, and feel depressed that you may have let others down... But Surgei wants to go on. He is excited, he has proved his worth in war, and now that he has been reborn with wings, invading enemy lines is far less difficult. Yanmega are powerful creatures.

    You give him permission to go, and only wish that you could be by his side. Still, even if you have to wait for him, you trust the Ranger, and perhaps the physical distance will close the emotional one between you, as you trust Surgei’s choice and give him freedom. Christopher gives you the affirmative, Seismitoad obediently standing guard whilst the other trainer brings a laptop through for you.

    “I’m happy to take care of Surgei for you, if that’s what you want. If things get too dangerous, I’ll bring him right back, just incase he’s too excited to return by himself.” The young man jokes, “But this is going to be dangerous. I want to investigate right by the waterfalls and nests themselves, to see if there really is a secret reason, or to find out if it’s actually just the Pokemon acting out. Either way, solving the problem is going to be complicated... Are you sure you’re up for this, Surgei? We’re going to need a plan... Who areyou emailing, anyway?”

    What do you do?

  6. #531
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – After proceeding into the ship with Oliver, a miracle occurs! An eery light is emitted by your backpack, and after explaining that you have acquired an egg on your travels, you remove it to show him. He watches in awe as pink tentacles push through the shell, and a ghost floats forth, twirling to impress you. You think she’s the queen of the ocean, and not only that, but a dancing queen!

    “Well, Oliver, seems we have a way to get across now.” You smirk. Oliver’s still gobsmacked, but also uncertain.

    “Are you sure? I mean, she just hatched... Do ghosts really have that kind of power?”

    Thinking about it, you’re not sure, either. But one thing you do know is, if there’s anything lurking across that gap, your new Frillish could float ahead and find out for you. Not only that, but she could probably get something to help you across, like a makeshift bridge or a rope, as most ghosts can interact with the physical. Heck, even Grace could help out, if she’s brave enough to join Frillish for some extra manpower.

    You reiterate that you’re sure, but it’s time to prove your point. What do you do?

    “Are you sure? I mean, she just hatched... Do ghosts really have that kind of power?”

    Hallow thought about it for a moment, and to tell the truth he wasn't too sure either, BUT one thing he was sure of, if there was anything lurking across that gap, his new Frillish could float ahead and find out for him.
    Not only that, she could possibly get something to help him across as well,

    Most ghosts can interact with the physical world, Hallow thought, I know!, Grace could help out too, if she’s brave enough to join Frillish, Frillish could take her across as well,

    "I got it!," Hallow clapped his hands,

    Hallow released his friends,
    Frillish twirling like a ballerina,
    Grace letting out a howl of a "Vul!,"

    "Grace meet Narissa, Narissa meet Grace,"
    "We'll get to know each other when this is all over, for now you two will work together,"
    The pokemon looked at each other,
    "Narissa will get both herself and you across the gaping hole preventing me and Oliver from getting across,"
    "Narissa I want you to find a way for us to get across,"
    "Grace, I want you to be our scout, I know Narissa is strong just be looking at her but if trouble arises I want both of you to look out for each other, got it?,"

    Like soldiers heading into battle after receiving their orders, the pokemon nodded, turned and marched till they reached where the staircase used to be.

    Frillish lifted Vulpix in its pink tentacles, and crossed to the other side.


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 26th October 2012 at 9:35 AM.

  7. #532
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default

    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You give your orders to Narcissa and Grace, whom have just been formally introduced to each otherfor the first time. Grace seems a little unsure about the newest addition to their family, but Narcissa seems most relaxed. The term ‘Dancing Queen’ seems fitting. Even as she’s meant to be still, she sways and spins from side to side, pink frills transparent and floating, giving pieces of the ship a rosie tint if you look through her.

    Still, even if Vulpix seems undecided on her feelings, she obeys just for you. Frillish carries her over with little difficulty, but then, she is a clevergirl.Upstairs, the two Pokemon get to their tasks. This is especially difficult for Vulpix, as the top floor is on a slope, and there are some floorboards missing. Glass covers the surface, from shattered windows to broken candle lamps. There is more furniture left above, but not entirely intact, suggesting that not much looting has been done on the top floor.

    Portraits and maps once lined these wooden walls, as suggested by hooks in the side, and gold and bronze frames scattered about. A few still have paintings left in them, all of pirates. One, however, seems to have been skewed. The oils have all ran, leaving the identity of this one a mystery...
    Vulpix spots some chair and table pieces, including the whole of the actual table. Its sturdiness is questionable, but in theory, it could be of some use.

    This is only the first room, though, and there’s a whole top floor and even above ship (sort of) to explore! Do the Pokemon try with the items they have found, or decide to have a greater investigation? Do they even decide to give the room another once-over?

  8. #533
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo – You give your orders to Narcissa and Grace, whom have just been formally introduced to each other for the first time. Grace seems a little unsure about the newest addition to their family, but Narcissa seems most relaxed. The term ‘Dancing Queen’ seems fitting. Even as she’s meant to be still, she sways and spins from side to side, pink frills transparent and floating, giving pieces of the ship a rosie tint if you look through her.

    Still, even if Vulpix seems undecided on her feelings, she obeys just for you. Frillish carries her over with little difficulty, but then, she is a clevergirl. Upstairs, the two Pokemon get to their tasks. This is especially difficult for Vulpix, as the top floor is on a slope, and there are some floorboards missing. Glass covers the surface, from shattered windows to broken candle lamps. There is more furniture left above, but not entirely intact, suggesting that not much looting has been done on the top floor.

    Portraits and maps once lined these wooden walls, as suggested by hooks in the side, and gold and bronze frames scattered about. A few still have paintings left in them, all of pirates. One, however, seems to have been skewed. The oils have all ran, leaving the identity of this one a mystery...
    Vulpix spots some chair and table pieces, including the whole of the actual table. Its sturdiness is questionable, but in theory, it could be of some use.

    This is only the first room, though, and there’s a whole top floor and even above ship (sort of) to explore! Do the Pokemon try with the items they have found, or decide to have a greater investigation? Do they even decide to give the room another once-over?

    Grace seemed unsure on her feelings of the new member to their little family, but obied,
    Narcissa carried her over with little difficulty,
    after all she was a clever girl,

    Upstairs, the two Pokemon got to their tasks,
    This was especially difficult for Grace, as the top floor was on a slope, and there were some floorboards missing,
    Glass covered the surface, from shattered windows to broken candle lamps, there were more furniture left above, but not entirely intact, suggesting that not much looting had been done on the top floor,

    Portraits and maps were once lined on the wooden walls, now laid scattered about along with some gold and bronze frames,
    A few frames contained paintings left in them, all of pirates, One, however, seemed to have been skewed,
    leaving a eerie impression, the oils had all ran, leaving the identity of the person a mystery...

    Grace spotted some chair and table pieces, including the whole of an actual table, its sturdiness, questionable, but in theory it could of been to some use,
    She howled to Narcissa who was dancing in front of broken glass that reflected her image,
    getting her attention, as the oldest she ordered Narcissa to retrieve the table top and cover the hole so that Hallow and Oliver could cross,
    Narcissa left carrying it back down stairs, leaving Grace left alone in the room,
    there was a whole top floor and even above ship left to explore,
    Grace choice to wait patiently for the others to arrive,

    while she waited she decided to look over the room once again,


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 3rd November 2012 at 9:17 AM.

  9. #534
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Crater Lake

    Itzatrap: With the zebra hanging on by the skin of its teeth you set into motion the finisher for taming the wild Pokémon. In one last show of rebellion Bolt scrapes his hoof against the charred ground, locking onto his foe with a mulish scowl. Olli manages to let off a smile amidst his tired panting, the monkey’s eyes closing into slits as he lets off an intimidating Leer. The foal’s nostrils flare but he doesn’t make another move, Chimchar panting as he reaches onto the tips of his toes. In a flash the ape was back on the prowl, skirting down the corral at mach speed and making for the zebra’s back. Leaping into the hot air Olli lands on the electrified Pokémon’s saddle, grappling onto its neck with an impressive show of Strength. Bolt wasn’t expecting this, kicking his forelegs in bewilderment and using every last ounce of strength in his body to try and buck the primate off. After a few circuits round the corral with Olli hanging on by the threads of Blitzle’s mane, Bolt finally settles down. He trots casually toward Amos who offers him a sugar cube. The zebra licks the cube off his palm, Chimchar beaming – making the most of the pony ride now the fear of being bucked was gone. The ranch owner nods encouragingly, “Looks like yer a natural. How about we mosey on over to the prairie and herd da Mareep?”

    With that you round up your motley troop and begin strolling in tow of the farmer, keeping an eye out for Flannery who was still sleuthing around the empty stables with her pet Growlithe. She gives a shrug as you stroll past, signalling she’d still need more time to find the deed. Pressing on it looked like you had more work cut out for you. After a small trek to the outskirts of the ranch Amos grinds to a halt above a small bump in the savannah, coaxing you to jog to his point wondering what you’d find over the hill. “This boy, is the Mareep herd”, he grunts waving his hand over the breezy dip, “They need’a shavin’, but they aint so keen to give der wool away”. Your eyes sweep across the green prairie in awe, and what looked like yellow balls of cotton candy grazing across it. The pasture was about the size of a football field, chocked full of about thirty or so Mareep aimlessly wondering about. You then notice a pen at the edge of the meadow with about half a dozen empty sacks – your job seemed to be coming to light. The herd of sheep bah lazily as they scuttle about slightly, each in their own world. “Yer job is to figure out a way of herdin’ da Mareep so we can shear der wool. It aint as easy as it looks, they’re dim little fellers”, he gives a chuckle as he heads down to the auburn shed below, unbolting a small fence for the livestock to enter through. How you herd the Pokémon was in your hands. What will you do and how will you do it?
    "You've got it!" Rob said as he looked on, the eyes of Olli and the zebra met, both pogeys staying still. The intimidating eye contact seemed to work as it made the zebra stay still, or maybe not since the zebra didn't look like it had much energy or health left anyway. This was it. Olli ran across the field, and jumped into the air, before landing on the zebra's back. Rob clenched his fist, "Hang in there Olli!" he screamed, as Olli grabbed the zebra's mane. The zebra obviously had enough energy to try and throw off the chimp from its back, kicking and moving about. It didn't seem like it was going to settle down, not without continuing to fight.

    "That's the way!" Rob said as Olli finally managed to settle down the zebra after showing his strength and endurance to the zebra. The zebra made his way towards Rob and Amos, Amos offering a sugar cube to the zebra, who took it without hesitation. Rob approached the newly trained Blitzle, extending his arms towards Olli, who seemed rightfully tired after the fight with the Blitzle. "You did great buddy!" Rob told the chimp, who was smiling widely, "Chim-Chim!" he responded as he jumped towards Rob's arms with what little energy he had left, resting his head on his trainer's shoulder. “Looks like yer a natural. How about we mosey on over to the prairie and herd da Mareep?” "Sure thing, sir!" Rob answered before heading over to the Mareep.

    As Rob and Amos made their way to the next task, Rob looked around for Flannery, finally spotting her as she continued to sniff around with her Growlithe, giving Rob a shrug as she noticed him. "Damn, nothing yet..." he thought to himself, with time being of the utmost importance, it looked like he could do nothing but help out the farmers with some chores, buying a little time for Flannery to look around. He continued to think, while aimlessly looking around, before he finally noticed Amos coxing him to jog up a hill. “This boy, is the Mareep herd. They need’a shavin’, but they aint so keen to give der wool away." Rob chuckled, looking at the yellow cottonballs on the football sized field, and also a pen with about half a dozen empty sacks. “Yer job is to figure out a way of herdin’ da Mareep so we can shear der wool. It aint as easy as it looks, they’re dim little fellers”, Amos says, chuckling as he headed down towards a shed, unlocking the fence for the Mareep to walk through.

    "Alright, alright..." Rob muttered to himself, with Olli being half asleep, with his head still resting on his trainer's shoulder."First thing's first." Rob grabbed Olli's Pokeball, enlarging it and pressing the button on it, absorbing the chimp. "You did a fantastic job, you deserve a much needed rest." he said to the red and white sphere. "Now...how do I do this?" It didn't look like there would be an easy way of doing this, not without the help of multiple Pokemon. Rob grabbed two Pokeball from his belt, throwing them into the air, each one releasing sparkling lights, taking the shape of different Pokemon, first one being of a quadruped and the other of a mole. "Hello there friends," Rob started, both Pokemon looking at their trainer as he spoke, "I need you all to help me get those Mareep into the pen for a little haircut, through the gate." Rob pointed them towards the fence Amos unlocked, "Melantha, use a Mean Look to get the Mareep to do what you want, which is to herd them to the fence. Try to get a pair of Mareep at the time, I don't want you to get more than that since they can attack and overwhelm you easily if they want to." Melantha nodded, "This is where you come in buddy," Guaca twiddled his claws nervously as the trainer looked directly at him, "Don't worry about the Mareep, they should be harmless since they are electric, but if they attack Melantha, I want you to use Mud Sport, is that alright?" The little mole seemed unsure, but nodded in agreement. 'Alright, get those Mareep!" The trainer said enthusiastically, with both Pokemon rushing to towards the Mareep.

  10. #535
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,513

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Crater Lake::

    jolteonjak: You attempt to ask Pedro about what is going on, using your rough Spanish for communication, though unfortunately he gave you no answer at all, looking rather entranced as he stared off into the horizon, paying no attention to either you, Cyndaquil or Heracross. Though you would press the issue further, you're surprised at the sight of the other two guests, and you feel relief as you notice their scuba gear. They're probably here to investigate the incident after all! That kinda seemed unlikely though, how could they possibly have come here so fast? Probably it was merely a strange coincidence? This wasn't time to be mulling over it though; rest and food was top priority. You make a mental note to keep a close eye on those two before moving in with your partners, closing the door, of course, as you do. You hear the footsteps of the duo going up to their rooms, though other than them, the lodge felt rather vacant for the most part. You wander around until you hear the sudden sound of plates being moved around. Following the source of the noise you find yourself walking into a large dinning room. A long table was set up, and you gathered it could easily hold over twenty seats. At the far end you see what appears to be a young woman with long, braided, brown hair, wearing a simple one-piece, forest-green dress. She seemed to be busy moving about, setting up the table with such grace even a Liepard would be jealous. Barely any noises were made.

    "Oh, hello there!" She greeted you with a warm smile. "Dad told me about you! Please take a seat, I'll give you some nice grub in a minute. You all must be starving! Saw anything interesting out there, by the way?" She took the initiative with the questions. Curiously enough, she did not seemed troubled at all by the event earlier, or perhaps it was something she didn't want to talk about.

    How will you respond?

    Chad walked into the lodge shortly after following the two strangers. He was hungry from his time outdoors with Cyndaquil and Heracross. He could only imagine how much hungrier they both were after their battle. All he could initially hear was the sound of the strangers' footsteps going up to their rooms. Once the noise was over it fell completely silent. The trio searched the lodge some more for a sign of life.

    "This is strange. Where did everyone go?" Chad said softly to Heracross and Cyndaquil. They looked back at him equally as baffled.

    Finally the silence was broken by some plates being shuffled around. They immediately followed the sound until they entered a dining room. There was a large table set, and Chad figured it was for the upcoming dinner. He then noticed a young woman at the far end of the table setting the table. He was impressed at how quiet she was working for the most part.

    She spoke when she noticed them. "Oh, hello there!" she said smiling. "Dad told me about you! Please take a seat, I'll give you some nice grub in a minute. You all must be starving!" Chad pulled out a chair a little for Cyndaquil to hop up on. He pulled one out for himself, then pulled one out on the other side of him for Heracross. "Saw anything interesting out there, by the way?" She didn't seem phased at all by the earlier disturbance at the lake.

    Chad was momentarily puzzled by what she was asking. He wondered if he should tell her. Would it worry her? Or panic her at all? "Now that you mention it," he leaned closer to her to speak a little softly, "I was out by the lake, and I heard a loud rumbling coming from the lake. Quite creepy. You had to have heard it, right?" Chad thought for a moment. "Then I saw two people entering the lodge with scuba gear. Normally I wouldn't think that was strange with the lake nearby and all, but it just didn't sit well with me." He tried to make out the lady's facial expression to his story. "Oh, and how could I forget! Uhh, how does Pedro feel about trainers battling Wooper from the lake?" Chad could only hope that Pedro wouldn't mind that he captured one of the Wooper.


    Stats

  11. #536
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    I set off the university in less than an hour. Since I take my studies (and social life) very seriously, I’m taking a break from updating giving you guys a break from adventuring. This will probably last until November-December, there’s a small chance I might update before then but I wouldn’t count on it. So I hope everyone doesn’t mind and is okay with hanging tight. I look forward to finishing most of your adventures when we start up again!

    Ampere Beach

    Dark Searchman & Trainer Andy: You can hardly tell the sea from the sky as violent waves crash against the boat with thunderous sprays. Thunder claps again, the boat rocking wildly as Briney steers against tide with impressive skill – but with the sail filling with rain it wouldn’t hold for long. Faced with impossible odds you decide to round up as many of the local ocean dwellers as possible to take on the legendary. Putting your heads together you wrack up a set of orders for each band of Pokémon to follow, prepped as you’ll ever be for the fight of your life. Delilah nods, prodding her trainer affectionately with her bulbs before disappearing into the black waters. Hyrem watches the yellow lights drift down the surf at blinding speed, joining onto the school of luminescent Pokémon. She relays your orders to her siblings who quickly shift into position. Meanwhile, Kray had kicked his way to the sea groyne snapping his pincers eagerly at the colony of crabs. The rowdier of the Pokémon take charge, breaking off into the harsh waters. One of Kray’s brothers gives him a nuggie before creating a line ahead of the sailboat. The Lanturn and Eelektross pods surface around them, forming a small battalion ready to let off a distraction. In unison the Pokémon wave their pincers and fins, the Surf becoming more turbulent swelling ahead and rolling into a tidal wave. Picking up size and ploughing onwards it quickly eclipses the Sea Basin Pokémon from view. Reaching its peak a few hundred feet in the air the tsunami starts to break. Squinting to see ahead, your hearts both skip a beat as Kyogre retaliates with a surging mass of its own, matching the tsunami in strength and size. The two Surf collide, curling into each other with a deafening crash. The flood of ocean starts to collapse on itself, the force from both waves churning together to form a giant whirlpool. Whilst most of the Pokémon are agile enough to break away from its current, several Chinchou, Tynamo, Corphish and Krabby are pulled into the eddy. And despite Briney Sr.’s seafaring prowess his boat is helpless to escape the torrent!

    You both grab ahold of the mast as the whirlpool sucks your in, the ship spiralling downward at tenacious speeds whilst the old sailor tries to resist. The deck was filling with water now, its salty spray filling your nose and leaving a tangy taste in your mouth. All you could do was hold on tight as the rollercoaster ride kicked into overdrive. Meanwhile phase two of your plan was going ahead as sparks flew up and down the platoon of electric types, shooting off a joint Thunder Wave which arced toward the orca, hitting it in the dorsal fin before it could dodge. Electricity dances up and down the legendary Pokémon’s body, looking to slow it down but not keep it at bay. This attack had given the band of crustaceans enough leeway to skirt past the whirlpool and position themselves a good distance in Kyogre’s rear for a surprise attack. Kray is the first one to brave a close distance hit, smacking the Sea Faring Pokémon on the tail fin with a Thunder Punch. Whilst doing nothing more than tickle the orca, the incoming 10,000 horsepower Hammer strokes from the rest of the Crabs manages to get its attention as it veers around in fury. With its smouldering eyes leering down on the colony the black clouds above start to rumble as it lets loose a powerful Thunder. The lightning strike lands in the middle of the crustaceans, the water working as a conductor to effectively fry the whole army in one fell swoop. Most of them drop like flies, a few further out managing to avoid the electrocuting. With its back turned the deep sea predators make their move, joining together to create field of electromagnetism. The Shock Wave of energy explodes down the stormy seas, pelting the killer whale for a good deal of damage. The Kyogre u-turns toward the shore ready to unleash its wrath on the fish. A tenaciously powerful jet of Water Spouts from the orca’s blowhole, gunning down half a dozen Eelektrik and Eelektross like a machine gun. From what you both make out as you spiralled out of control the Kyogre was making plenty of holes in your team’s defences. Briney’s voice manages to break over the din of the churning eddy as he tugs on the sail with all his strength, “Just keep holding him off! I’m gunna try and pull this thing out of the current!”
    Turbulent waters, rolling thunder, all things a sea captain like Briney could easily deal with. The ship... not so much. Hyrem, Andy, and Delilah's and Kray's families had to deal with the problem really quickly. But the problem was Kyogre... not someone that could be dealt with easily, if at all. That was evident after the groups of fish and crustaceans drew up a massive Surf attack... and Kyogre responded with an equally enormous wave to cancel it out. Of course, the bigger problem was what came after the clash... Whirlpool! Briney's boat is unable to resist and is drawn in along with many smaller Water Pokemon!

    Hyrem could barely focus on watching what was happening since he needed his hold on the mast to be sure, but he could see the anglers and eels let loose a combined Thunder Wave that hits Kyogre, but it only slows it down slightly. But it did slow Kyogre down enough so the Crabs and lobsters could Hammer its tail en masse while Hyrem could barely make out Kray Thunderpunching the Sea God to add to the damage. This only made Kyogre mad, however, and it's wrath would be shown in its call of a massive lightning bolt, the Thunder clapping and shaking all who saw to the core as many Crawdaunt and Kingler were felled in one attack. The other team--Delilah's team--would strike back with their own Wave of electricity... Shocking! Kyogre would have even more to say against them... well, its Water Spout would do the talking, taking out six eels.

    The last few rounds of attacks made things even more real for Hyrem. These Water and Electric Pokemon were giving it their all and were willing to give their lives, if necessary... all so a Wingull could grab the Red Orb from Briney's grandson. Briney himself was giving it his all too, and his effort was expressed in his voice: “Just keep holding him off! I’m gunna try and pull this thing out of the current!”

    Keep holding him off? With the way Kyogre was taking out these fish left and right, they wouldn't be able to keep it distracted for long. And this boat? Hyrem honestly had doubts about the boat surviving the watery vortex, so he had to call upon Delilah to deal with it. But where was she? Did she get swept into the whirlpool with them? He just couldn't see her, so he had to have faith that his Chinchou would be able to hear his orders. "Heeeeey, Delilaaaaaaah!!!" he shouted at the top of his lungs. "If you can hear me, see if you can stop this Whirlpool!! Then try to Scald Kyogre to keep its attention, and use Shock Wave again for some more hurt!!" He tried to keep his spirits high, but the fact he couldn't see or hear Delilah worried him. And who knows how long it would take before the rest of the fish got taken down? Okay Peeko, he thought. If you're going to make a move, you better do it really soon!

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  12. #537
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default Meetan's October Update #1

    The Black Swan

    Takeo: ((I don't understand why you've changed your post to this odd format. Where all the full stops and things? It's really hard to read, so please just post with the correct grammar and punctuation. I'm sure it was right before, so I don't get this at all. Anyway, please don't do it again.))

    Narcissa had only just hatched, and yet, she was already as vain as the prettiest supermodels of the world! The older sister of the duo had to practically howl to get her attention, the firey fox barking at her sibling to retrieve the table and come to the rescue. With strength that no baby should possess, she lifts the tabletop effortlessly, floating over to you and your friend and covering up the hole. Such is the power of a focused ghost Pokemon.

    "Thanks, Narcissa." Your companion says gratefully as she spins proudly around you, waiting eagerly for you to cross and make use of her work. Oliver goes first, tentatively putting one foot on the creaking, weathered wood. The sound is ominous, but he jumps before his weight can fully fall, and just about makes it. The man warns you to be careful and you follow suit. As a baby, Narcissa hasn't quite grasped that this rescue wasn't as perfect as she thought, but you praise her anyway. It was better than nothing, and the way down will probably be easier than up.

    "Grace!" You call as you ascend the rest of the unstable stairway. Your partner in accidental crime had taken the option to investigate the room once more. Your voice travels despite the wind and rain the lashes the vessel, and she reveals herself from underneath a tattered and fallen curtain. Just as the four of you reunite like the dysfunctional team you are, a blood curdling scream rings out.

    You can't tell where it's coming from. Suddenly, gravity begins weighing down on you, pressing the four of you. Everything feels heavy, and it's difficult to stand. Grace is petrified, but after getting over the shock, Narcissa seems largely unaffected. She confirms that the problem is not from below, and after glancing left to right and repeating this, she floats off towards a set of doors that were not there before. Not only it is locked if you try it, but it is reinforced from behind. Time to get tough. But things are pretty loud and pretty heavy. Is Peggy waiting beyond those doors?

    Only one way to find out. Unless you peg it out of here, of course! What do you do?

  13. #538
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan

    Takeo: ((I don't understand why you've changed your post to this odd format. Where all the full stops and things? It's really hard to read, so please just post with the correct grammar and punctuation. I'm sure it was right before, so I don't get this at all. Anyway, please don't do it again.))

    Narcissa had only just hatched, and yet, she was already as vain as the prettiest supermodels of the world! The older sister of the duo had to practically howl to get her attention, the firey fox barking at her sibling to retrieve the table and come to the rescue. With strength that no baby should possess, she lifts the tabletop effortlessly, floating over to you and your friend and covering up the hole. Such is the power of a focused ghost Pokemon.

    "Thanks, Narcissa." Your companion says gratefully as she spins proudly around you, waiting eagerly for you to cross and make use of her work. Oliver goes first, tentatively putting one foot on the creaking, weathered wood. The sound is ominous, but he jumps before his weight can fully fall, and just about makes it. The man warns you to be careful and you follow suit. As a baby, Narcissa hasn't quite grasped that this rescue wasn't as perfect as she thought, but you praise her anyway. It was better than nothing, and the way down will probably be easier than up.

    "Grace!" You call as you ascend the rest of the unstable stairway. Your partner in accidental crime had taken the option to investigate the room once more. Your voice travels despite the wind and rain the lashes the vessel, and she reveals herself from underneath a tattered and fallen curtain. Just as the four of you reunite like the dysfunctional team you are, a blood curdling scream rings out.

    You can't tell where it's coming from. Suddenly, gravity begins weighing down on you, pressing the four of you. Everything feels heavy, and it's difficult to stand. Grace is petrified, but after getting over the shock, Narcissa seems largely unaffected. She confirms that the problem is not from below, and after glancing left to right and repeating this, she floats off towards a set of doors that were not there before. Not only it is locked if you try it, but it is reinforced from behind. Time to get tough. But things are pretty loud and pretty heavy. Is Peggy waiting beyond those doors?

    Only one way to find out. Unless you peg it out of here, of course! What do you do?

    With the strength of Hercules, she lifted the tabletop effortlessly, floating over to Hallow and his friend, covering up the hole that stopped them from proceeding.

    "Thanks, Narcissa." Oliver said gratefully,
    Narcissa gladly taking the compliment spinning proudly around Hallow,
    waiting eagerly for him to cross and make use of her work.

    Oliver crossed first, tentatively putting one foot on the creaking, weathered wood.
    The sound was ominous, but he jumped before his weight could fully fall, and just about made it.
    The man warned Hallow to be careful and he followed suit.

    As a baby, Narcissa didn't quite grasp that this rescue wasn't as perfect as she thought, but Hallow praised her anyway.
    "Thank you,"
    Its better than nothing, he thought,
    and the way down will probably be easier than up.

    They made the crossing,
    "Grace!" Hallow called as he ascended the rest of the unstable stairway. His partner only crime was taken the option to investigate the room once more.
    His voice traveled despite the wind and rain that lashed the vessel, and she revealed herself from underneath a tattered and fallen curtain.
    Hallow chuckleed, "This is no time to be playing around," he said in a teasing tone,
    Just as the four of them reunite like the dysfunctional team they were, a blood curdling scream rang out.

    This snaped Hallow's attention,
    "What was that?,"
    He couldn't tell where it came from.

    Suddenly, gravity began weighing down on him, pressing the four of them down.

    Everything started to feel heavy, making it difficult to stand.
    "...It's like a Truck was just dropped on me..," he commented,
    He struggled to lift himself back up,
    "Oliver, are you ok?," he asked,
    Now flat on the ground he turned to see his Vulpix, Grace petrified beyond belief, and Narcissa after getting over the shock, seemed largely unaffected.

    She confirmed that the problem was not from below, and after glancing left to right, repeatedly,
    "Narcissa, whats wrong?,"
    She slowly floated off toward a set of doors that were not there before.
    She pressed her transparent hand on to it,
    "Are you saying that door wasn't there?,"
    "Frill...,"
    She tried to open it with her ghost like strength to no avail,
    It must be locked,

    The gravity pulling them down was intensifying now, as was the volume of the scream,
    "Narcissa use Scald and Sludge Bomb to burn a hole in that door!,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 4th November 2012 at 3:41 AM.

  14. #539
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default Meetan's November Updates #1

    ((I apologise at how sporadic these updates are, but seeing as most of my updatees have gone silent for now, I'm feeling less pressure/demand to reply. This is both a good and bad thing. I'm also quite ill at the moment and busy, with my first assignment deadline next week, another the week after and another a few weeks after that. My inspiration wanes under ill health and a hectic schedule but I'll do my best!

    Welcome to the crew, Lu!))

    The Black Swan

    Takeo: With the way the gravity is pushing down on you, the way down would definitely be far easier than up. However, it’s hard even to move, and your heart thumps in your ears like an alarm at every motion you make. Oliver just about manages a reply to you, gritting his teeth, dizzied by the surreal sensation. Narcissa peers up at you in confusion. She’s not old enough to understand that this isn’t right, especially as it’s in her species’ instincts to cause trouble for travelers.

    Loudly, you order a Sludge Bomb and a Scald to break down the door. Grace was petrified, and as such, it was for the best that she wasn't given the order, but the Frillish delivers right away, twirling after the blast of water and poison. The weathering drenches the wood, and the poison bubbles as it assists, but it looks like the door’s not as the same as the rest of the ship. You will need a lot more than that.

    But now, there isn't just screaming. You hear sounds all around you, and Oliver does, and so do your Pokemon. It’s like you’re in a place full of people: urgent shouting, scandalous whispers and murmurs, all flooding your senses as if you were struck by a torrent of water. You see colours in your vision: muddy brown, red, black, grey, faint and false gold, silver... It’s becoming hard to focus. Everything’s barraging you in confusion.

    “What the—What the heck’s happening?!” Oliver demands, looking around the pair of you at this extrasensory display. It’s inconsistent, sometimes loud and overbearing, seconds later barely registering. “Is this—Is this Peggy, or--?! Maybe we should get out, we can try this another way!”

    Whatever is doing this, or whoever, is beyond that door. Escape, and risk this curse following you, or challenge it head on, and find out your fate faster than you would want to? What do you do?

    Suicune’s Effigy

    LucarioArticunoSuicuneLover: You look upon the statue of Suicune with admiration, your heart swelling as you think of the stories you love, and how this one, mythical dog embodies all of your loves, hopes and fears. It reminds you, too, of what you went through for your Spearow and the scar it has since left you with, and you fall onto the ground in disgrace. A phobia is an irrational fear. Is that insanity? Talking to yourself whilst petting a statue might be.

    You embrace your Spearow to try and deal with the pain, but something disturbs you. A beautiful melody – a violin – breaks the depressing silence, and you cautiously get up with your partner. Not too far away, a tall and handsome man is playing the instrument, wavy black hair rustling with the cold wind. His skin is incredibly pale, and with his lithe figure, he almost looks sick. At first, the musician’s eyes are closed, but when they finally open, you find that they are a dark, dark brown – but have enough colour in them not to be black. His features, especially his chin, are sharp, and his hands and feet small.

    You’re watching, mesmerised by the display. He’s dressed well, too: in a cream white top, lacy and aristocratic in its style, paired with dark blue suit trousers. The jacket is lazily around his waist, and the case for his violin on the ground. You have no idea how long it lasts, or how long your eyes have been locked onto each other’s, but eventually he breaks the contact, and the performance ends. The stranger sets his violin by his side.

    “I heard someone screaming, was that you?” He asks in a deep voice, one that suggests age, class and with a certain gravel to it that suggests he might smoke, or be losing said voice, “Are you alright?”

    What do you do?

    Plight of Leon: Look here.

    Poketim: Look here.

    Amphy: Look here.

  15. #540
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The land of Vegimite and AFL
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post


    Suicune’s Effigy

    LucarioArticunoSuicuneLover: You look upon the statue of Suicune with admiration, your heart swelling as you think of the stories you love, and how this one, mythical dog embodies all of your loves, hopes and fears. It reminds you, too, of what you went through for your Spearow and the scar it has since left you with, and you fall onto the ground in disgrace. A phobia is an irrational fear. Is that insanity? Talking to yourself whilst petting a statue might be.

    You embrace your Spearow to try and deal with the pain, but something disturbs you. A beautiful melody – a violin – breaks the depressing silence, and you cautiously get up with your partner. Not too far away, a tall and handsome man is playing the instrument, wavy black hair rustling with the cold wind. His skin is incredibly pale, and with his lithe figure, he almost looks sick. At first, the musician’s eyes are closed, but when they finally open, you find that they are a dark, dark brown – but have enough colour in them not to be black. His features, especially his chin, are sharp, and his hands and feet small.

    You’re watching, mesmerised by the display. He’s dressed well, too: in a cream white top, lacy and aristocratic in its style, paired with dark blue suit trousers. The jacket is lazily around his waist, and the case for his violin on the ground. You have no idea how long it lasts, or how long your eyes have been locked onto each other’s, but eventually he breaks the contact, and the performance ends. The stranger sets his violin by his side.

    “I heard someone screaming, was that you?” He asks in a deep voice, one that suggests age, class and with a certain gravel to it that suggests he might smoke, or be losing said voice, “Are you alright?”

    What do you do?


    El looked up at the man, and it was quite definitely 'up'. She wasn't exactly short for her age, but he was just plain tall. It was almost intimadating really, if El was the kind of person the be intimidated. The music was... well, saying it was beautiful was possibly an understatement. For some time, she allowed herself to listen, Sparow on shoulder. Time flowed and musing danced, El's fears and worries all slowly but surely dripping away. She could have stood there forever, or at least until she had to go to the toilet. Whichever came first, the latter most likely.

    The music stopped and El snapped back. He'd noticed her it seemed. She wasn't sure what to do, had she disturbed him? Oh no he was coming for her, but at least he didn't seem too angry.

    “I heard someone screaming, was that you? Are you alright?”

    What was with this man? What mad scientist... ew no bad thought, just answer the question El. "Yeah, it was, sorry if I disturbed you! I just had to vent some frustration, you see. I love the sea and everything in it but I'm terrified of going in water." She took a deep breath and looked back over to the stone suicune. Lovely, the memories were coming back and nope, she was not going to cry. She'd already annoyed the nice man enough she didn't need to compund that with a complete and utter breakdown.

    With a shuddering breath, she continued. "The music you were playing was beautiful, you're very good. I could never play an instrument, too fiddly for me." Ah, changing the topic, the best tool in her arsenal that wasn't an angry bird or a spiky steel football. And really, it was far better at social situations than either of the two, she was pretty sure throwing a ferroseed at someone was several kinds of illeagal.

    Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets


  16. #541
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    656

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    ((I apologise at how sporadic these updates are, but seeing as most of my updatees have gone silent for now, I'm feeling less pressure/demand to reply. This is both a good and bad thing. I'm also quite ill at the moment and busy, with my first assignment deadline next week, another the week after and another a few weeks after that. My inspiration wanes under ill health and a hectic schedule but I'll do my best!

    Welcome to the crew, Lu!))

    The Black Swan

    Takeo: With the way the gravity is pushing down on you, the way down would definitely be far easier than up. However, it’s hard even to move, and your heart thumps in your ears like an alarm at every motion you make. Oliver just about manages a reply to you, gritting his teeth, dizzied by the surreal sensation. Narcissa peers up at you in confusion. She’s not old enough to understand that this isn’t right, especially as it’s in her species’ instincts to cause trouble for travelers.

    Loudly, you order a Sludge Bomb and a Scald to break down the door. Grace was petrified, and as such, it was for the best that she wasn't given the order, but the Frillish delivers right away, twirling after the blast of water and poison. The weathering drenches the wood, and the poison bubbles as it assists, but it looks like the door’s not as the same as the rest of the ship. You will need a lot more than that.

    But now, there isn't just screaming. You hear sounds all around you, and Oliver does, and so do your Pokemon. It’s like you’re in a place full of people: urgent shouting, scandalous whispers and murmurs, all flooding your senses as if you were struck by a torrent of water. You see colours in your vision: muddy brown, red, black, grey, faint and false gold, silver... It’s becoming hard to focus. Everything’s barraging you in confusion.

    “What the—What the heck’s happening?!” Oliver demands, looking around the pair of you at this extrasensory display. It’s inconsistent, sometimes loud and overbearing, seconds later barely registering. “Is this—Is this Peggy, or--?! Maybe we should get out, we can try this another way!”

    Whatever is doing this, or whoever, is beyond that door. Escape, and risk this curse following you, or challenge it head on, and find out your fate faster than you would want to? What do you do?

    With the gravity pushing him down, it was much easier to stay down, but Hallow couldn't, he refused to be beat. The adrenaline pumping through his system made his heart beat faster and now was all he could hear, Hallow glanced over to Oliver who was gritting his teeth surely from the pain, he looked dizzied, no less from the surreal sensation happening to them. Narissa peered up at them in confusion, her innocence's letting Hallow know she didn't quite understand what was going on.

    Over the intense screaming, heavy rain and wild wind happening, Hallow's order don't go unheeded, Narissa takes to action, sending a blast of hot water and poison to burn a hole through the door. The attack meets the door, splashing to the sides of the ship. Hallow looked to see the attack had failed.

    The screaming continues, but something else: urgent shouting, whispers, and murmurs all flood into his ear drums. He tightly closes his eye and reopens them to a vision of colors: muddy brown, red, black, grey, faint and false gold, silver... It’s becoming hard to focus. It's all Hallow could do not to lose consciousness.

    “What the—What the heck’s happening?!” Oliver demands, looking around the pair of them at this extrasensory display.

    "I don't know!," Hallow yells,

    “Is this—Is this Peggy, or--?! Maybe we should get out, we can try this another way!”

    "No!," he bellows, "We are facing this head on, we've come this far, I'm not turning back now!,"

    With all his might, he tried to push through the Gravity, "I'm getting to that door if its the last thing I do!,"


    [Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 20th November 2012 at 9:54 AM.

  17. #542
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    The Future
    Posts
    1,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    The Caverns

    Celebii: Whilst you’d made it this far, dreams of an early retirement in a Seaside City condo are quickly cut short as you manage to inadvertently trip the trove’s security system. Soulless marching sends ripples down the mound of gold as the half a dozen Golett round in on you - their flashlight eyes moving up your body, then over to your ragtag accomplices who had their hands held high in surrender. Harshly outnumbered, you quickly call on reinforcements in hopes of escaping the caverns in one piece. Two balls clunk on the coin-strewn floor before cracking open in a flash of light, Larry giving off a faltered bark which is immediately drowned by Nahkrin’s bloodthirsty roar. The guards look as stone-faced and emotionless as ever by this impressive entrance, communicating in strange beeps as they rally toward you. You quickly rack up a plan to take out the sentinels – focusing on one Golett at a time as you volley a set of orders.

    Pumped for battle Nahkrin kicks off the skirmish, by sharpening his white Claws and homing in on the centremost Golett. Neptune quickly follows up as he slides down his mound of gold and by your side, spurring off a jet of Scalding water that hits one of the robots its bluish metal hide colouring a shade of red for a second. It doesn’t have a chance to regain its footing as Boing springs into action, volleying an Energy Ball which smacks it further out of the firing line. Larry finishes this assault by shooting off a Pulse of Water, the blue sphere bursting against the sentry causing it to rattle as it slides back a few feet. To your amazement the Pokémon continues to march toward you, although he seems a bit out of the loop as the rest of the guard form retaliation... In complete unison, five of the unscathed Golett slam their boots into the ground making the whole cave shake and shudder. Coins ripple down the trove as rubble falls from the ceiling - the Earthquake knocking a few of your smaller recruits off their feet whilst Nahkrin attempts to take flight. Larry whimpers as he struggles to his feet, the most hard done by the assault.

    Once the seismic activity passes, Nahkrin gives up trying to lift off the ground and stomps forward claws bared. The spiny dragon quickly lets loose a Night Slash, swiping across the target Golett’s chest. For a split second, nothing happens. Then, the robot starts to rattle and clank, his yellow eyes flickering off as he falls apart on the cave floor. One down! Five to go! Neptune wags his fingers rhythmically, the tips flickering white as his Metronome conjures a random attack. Boing pumps the last of his grass reserves into another Energy Ball which bowls into a new target. Larry narrowly avoids the attack as he Charges into the firing line, his body combusting as he rams into the same robot. Flames burst from the impact as the two break away, the metal monster panting in fatigue. The sentinels once again slam the earth with all their weight – however the target Golett is cut off as Wartortle finally leaps in with a Sucker Punch - causing a Magnitude 10 on the Richter Scale. Your squad quickly regain their footing looking ready for more action; bar Larry who’s hanging on by the skin of his teeth after another super effective blow. What will you do?
    OOC: Yikes, sorry for taking so long to reply, Emp. Hopefully, when Christmas comes around, you'll consider continuing my adventure? I was really enjoying it. Also, as a minor note: Nahkriin is female. I can see that you wrote his at the beginning of the second paragraph.

    Cele was confident now. He was significantly outnumbered by the Golett, which got closer and closer with every passing moment, but he had already called out Nahkriin and Larry, two of his most powerful Pokemon, to help repel the Automaton Pokemon. Nahkriin and Larry both let out battle cries, Larry's being drowned out by the much larger Dragon-Type. Cele had a strategy already, albeit one that he thought up on the fly: Gang up. He ordered all his Pokemon to target one single Golett. Nahkriin had Honed her Claws and managed to down a Golett, with the help of Neptune's Scald, Boing's Energy Ball and Larry's Water Pulse.

    The Golett hadn't just stood idle and taken the moves, however, fighting back relentlessly. First off, a team attack. Five of them slamming their feet onto the cave ground, they managed to create an Earthquake which shook the cavern, leading to Neptune falling on his back, Boing losing momentum and dropping his pearl, which he quickly retrieves, and Larry getting dealt a hard amount of damage. Coins and treasures fall off of piles, and rocks begin to tumble down from the ceiling. After a well timed and placed Night Slash knocked a Golett out, the rest banded together once again. Another series of foot stomping resulted in a Magnitude 10 shaking up Cele's team. Neptune's Metronome fortunately rolled a Sucker Punch, stopping of the Golett from using Magnitude. Cele grabs on to the wall for support, but his Pokemon receive more damage, Larry in particular getting the brunt of it.

    Cele was now worried, especially about Larry. He dropped to one knee, rummaging through his Bag's Medicine Pocket. He pulled out a spray can, orange colored. He ran over to where Larry was and sprayed the Super Potion 1/5 on him, healing him. "Sorry about that Larry. We've just got to be more careful of Ground Moves from here on out." Larry nodded in agreement, turning back to face the Golett. Cele turned towards his Pokemon, which were awaiting orders.

    "So, gang up tactics succeeded in bringing down one Golett, but the rest can still attack all of you at once. We need to do that too. Boing, you start off with a Confuse Ray, spread it out to affect all Golett. Then go for a Psychic, aim for the Golett you last attacked. Nahkriin and Larry, I need an Earthquake from you, try to direct it at all Golett. Neptune, first off, try and finish off that Golett you attacked with an Ice Beam. Then use Hydro Pump in that special way you do, direct it at all Golett." The Pokemon nodded in acknowledgement, and turned back towards the Golett, ready to attack.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

        Spoiler:- PASBL Record:



  18. #543
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    6,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Black Swan: The Black Swan, once one of the largest and most feared pirate ships of its day, now lays rotting on Laguna Beach. Strangely enough wild Pokémon steer clear of the wreck; a sign that people perhaps shouldn't ignore.
    A 22-year-old Pokemon trainer marched his way across Laguna Beach, his white sneakers leaving footprints behind him in the sand. He was clad in a black t-shirt beneath a red and white sleeveless jacket, and his jeans were supported by a belt to which was attached half a dozen Poke Balls. Atop his head sat his most distinctive feature, a large, brown cowboy hat. By his side floated the occupant of one of the Poke Balls at this trainer's belt, a young Shuppet who would often glance out at the sea. The trainer, whose name was Keith, noticed this, and was aware of the reason. He knew of the Shuppet's past life, knew what she was, and where she lived. She had a particular affection for the sea, unhappy though her life had otherwise been, and it was due to this that he had consented to explore this area with her.

    Presently, they came to a large and rotting shipwreck on the beach- the remains of the Black Swan, perhaps the most feared pirate ship of its time.

    "Hmm," the Shuppet remarked in English, albeit with a rather unsettling stutter. "Per-haps we should not pro-ceed a-ny far-ther, Meat Sack," she said, addressing Keith. "I have heard that the lo-cal wi-ld Po-ke-mon dare not go near this place."

    "Yeah, well, you're not a wild Pokemon, are you, Myrtle?" replied Keith. "Besides," he added, and at this point he lapsed into Shuppet language. "You're not telling me that you're actually scared of whatever might be in there, are you?" he asked with a grin on his face.

    "Scared? HAH!" Myrtle exclaimed, also in her native language.

    "Well, then, what's the problem?" Keith asked, smirking as he returned to speaking in English.

    "...Fine," Myrtle snapped. "But there must be a rea-son why the wi-ld Po-ke-mon a-void this place like the plague."

    "And I intend to find out what it is," Keith responded as he started towards the shipwreck. Myrtle shook her head and floated after her trainer.

    "I wish I could e-volve in-to Ba-nette right now, just so I could face-palm," she muttered.

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 6 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 13 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade. Vote Missingno. for new SSB4 fighter!

    Fizzy Bubbles info

  19. #544
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    in the future
    Posts
    1,844

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    The Black Swan
    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon – The Seismitoad lies you down on the bed, and you look at your hands in despair, relaying concern to the Yanmega and others around you that you’re worried you’ve severed your tendons. The idea forms a pit in your stomach. Hands that don’t work feel wrong to you. You’re in no position to help or do anything, and feel depressed that you may have let others down... But Surgei wants to go on. He is excited, he has proved his worth in war, and now that he has been reborn with wings, invading enemy lines is far less difficult. Yanmega are powerful creatures.

    You give him permission to go, and only wish that you could be by his side. Still, even if you have to wait for him, you trust the Ranger, and perhaps the physical distance will close the emotional one between you, as you trust Surgei’s choice and give him freedom. Christopher gives you the affirmative, Seismitoad obediently standing guard whilst the other trainer brings a laptop through for you.

    “I’m happy to take care of Surgei for you, if that’s what you want. If things get too dangerous, I’ll bring him right back, just incase he’s too excited to return by himself.” The young man jokes, “But this is going to be dangerous. I want to investigate right by the waterfalls and nests themselves, to see if there really is a secret reason, or to find out if it’s actually just the Pokemon acting out. Either way, solving the problem is going to be complicated... Are you sure you’re up for this, Surgei? We’re going to need a plan... Who areyou emailing, anyway?”

    What do you do?
    Blaze was thankful for the laptop, and immediately began emailing a friend of his who was keeping one of his Pokemon with her. He was typing furiously, and hooked up and attachment to the laptop through the USB port, which would allow transportation of Pokemon.

    Dear Liliana,

    I hope that my dear Black Dynnamite hasn't given you many problems. I know he will fuss, and I know he will pull a fit about it, but can you get him to come over here? I have the transporter all hooked up and ready, I just need to make sure that he is in his Pokeball. Can you do that for me Liliana?

    Sincerly, Blaze

    P.S. Tell Gardenia I said hi!!!


    Blaze looked at the ranger, and said with a blush on his face, "I am emailing a friend of mine. You probably haven't heard of here, since she is quite far away from here, but she is a Gym Leader's sister. Her name is Liliana, and, she is Gardenia's sister, a Gym Leader from the Sinnoh Region. She has had some pretty tough times, but whenever I need someone to watch over one of my Pokemon, I go to her first." Suddenly, the laptop beeped, and a message appeared on screen.

    "Dear Blaze,

    Nah, he hasn't been too much trouble. Then again, I've mostly been keeping him in his Pokeball. I am sending him out to you right now.

    XO Liliana.

    P.S. Gardenia is not here right now. ;;"

    Blaze looked as he saw the attachment he hooked up to the laptop glow, and the Pokeball materialize out of thin air. Blaze looked at the ranger again, and said, "I am all set now. Don't worry about me, but you keep Surgei safe!


    Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

  20. #545
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    454

    Default Whale Island - 27

    Sorry about the delay folks. I’ll be updating a couple more times over the next couple of weeks so get those replies in whilst you can!

    Raine's Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: With chaos erupting all around the amphitheatre you do your best to scramble together a game plan, sweeping your eyes across the scaffolding until you spotted a perfect vantage for liberating Shamu. There was just a slight hitch in your plan as one of the Aqua grunts rounds on you with her Corphish and Poochyena looking to stop you in your tracks. Rather than fight your way through her you opt for a more tactless hit and run technique. Aegis bursts out of his Pokéball, bite marks still raw from his earlier scrap. “Two on one”, the grunt remarks, “Just my kind of od-“ Before she can finish her sentence your plan gears into motion with her smirk promptly wiped away by a eyeful of Muddy Water! The two of you exchange a look of hilarity as the activist guards her eyes letting out a scream of mangled pain and surprise before quickly heading for a set of ladders leading up to the scaffolding. Whilst you’d already managed to climb a few feet into the air with the hardy Wartortle narrowly in tow, the grunt wasn’t willing to let you go that easily.

    “Don’t just stand there!” She yells blindly, “After them!” The two Pokémon scamper forward, the Poochyena yowling as it bounded into the air teeth bared as it Bit down on your foot! Your grip slackens as you try to shake the canine lose, Aegis supporting you from the rear. However as you look over your shoulder you spot more to contend with than the mutt as a Corphish scuttles in and shoots a stream of Bubbles skyward. The foamy blast bursts against the railings making the ladder incredibly slippy. Trying your hardest to keep your grip, gravity triumphs and you tumble off the ladder taking Aegis down with you. With the turtle breaking your fall you slump to your feet, the two Pokémon had your surrounded – if you wanted to get to the scaffolding you’d have to get through them. You look around desperately, the ginger grunt still wiping mud out of her eyes. Homing in on the helicopter, you spot with some relief it was having trouble taking off, a low grinding ringing in your ears as it started to drop in altitude courtesy of the whale’s enormous weight. Shamu was buying you time, but you’d have to be quick about beating the canine and crustacean if you stood a chance at rescuing him. What will you do?

    Ampere Beach

    Dark Searchman: Even with a platoon of Water Types the pair of trainers were fighting an uphill battle, the sea captain barely able to keep his vessel from capsizing as it’s pulled into a vicious whirlpool. The flash of lightning blurs your vision like a Polaroid camera, the torrential downpour and sprays of surf making it impossible to make out the dark yonder. From what you’d caught of the battle, Delilah had made more than enough narrow escapes and was prepped for your next chain of orders - her blinking anglers flashing among the pod of electric types. The same couldn’t be said for Kray who’d been MIA since the strike of thunder. Andy frantically hung over the toe rail, desperate cries for Corphish met with no response. The last you’d seen of the crustaceans they’d manoeuvred into enemy territory, their attack at the rear grinding to a halt as the orca retaliated. Holding tight on the mast with your own fate in the balance, you have scarce time to commiserate - the sail boat is sucked deeper into the vortex. And then he was gone. Your ears barely catch the splash as Andy dropped into the treacherous blue to rescue his Pokémon. You hang over the port side and squint ahead, the current was so fast that there was no way of spotting a man overboard amongst the sea of darkness. The kid had saved your life not long ago, and you were just as willing to save his... “Don’t be a fool!” The captain yells above the drumming skies, grabbing your shoulder with a crippling hold, “It’s too dangerous lad!”

    With Briney Sr. quashing any reckless actions you try and block these doubts from your mind and focus on the struggle ahead. The vessel had lapped the whirlpool enough times to completely throw off your bearing, closing in like a wall of darkness as you attempt to position the bioluminescent sea creatures. In the nick of time a swarm of yellow blotches enters your scope, your voice cracking as you let loose more orders. With the current too strong for Briney to steer against you can only hope they got the message loud and clear. Inches from a watery grave you spot the fish dive into the eddy, a yellow torchlight breaking out over the watery deck. Delilah and the rest of the angler fish quickly start to swim against the Whirlpool. It current starts to slacken as Briney sails the boat toward the surface – your heart beating at normal speed again as the vortex subsides. This only lasts for a fleeting second however, Kyogre’s eyes flickering a smouldering red as it enjoys a round of open fire.

    With the electric types busy freeing you from the current the Sea Basin Pokémon submerges and lets off a high-frequency Pulse which echoes down the Water. The attack resonates against the electric platoon for another powerful hit, schools of unevolved fish recessing into the deep sea trenches – barring your Chinchou and a Tynamo that had had its brains scrambled in confusion. Delilah is looking worse for wear, but bravely bobs to the surface and shoots off a blast of Scalding water backed up by the Lanturn pod’s Hydro Pump. Her eel cousins improvise with a barrage of Acid Spray, the combine forces raining down on the orca and burning harsh against its skin. Kyogre lets out a wail of fury causing the skies to flash and rumble. The scorn legend is quick to unleash his wrath on the sea dwellers, the rain beating so cold against your skin it starts to feel like hard pellets. Gazing toward the orca your vision is quickly impaired by the icy blizzard churning out of its mouth, the Sheer power of it freezing a half a dozen of the ally team solid. Where the blast had made contact with the water a minefield of icebergs had formed – Briney steering the jib in efforts to safely manoeuvre out of them. With their numbers whittled down to just a handful, the electric types band together to let loose another Shock Wave – determined to avenge their fallen allies. The outburst of electromagnetism ripples down the sea, smacking the Kyogre in the nose for another effective hit.

    You grab ahold of the mast to get another good look at your enemies, scars of the battle strewn across its blubbery hide. Fatigue was starting to show on both sides, and you could tell the climatic finale was on the horizon. Briney is quick to rouse you from these thoughts as he clears the field of glaciers, his Wingull swooping down from the bird’s nest and onto his shoulder, “Peeko, its time for you to sweep in! Hyrem, make sure he has a clear opening!”

    The Caverns

    Flashfusion: A massive brawl was underway in the depths of the caverns, and by the looks of it you hadn’t gotten off to a bad start. One of the half a dozen robots was dismantled across the coin-strewn floor after you gang up tactics – and it was a strategy you were going to stick to as you shot out another volley of orders. Before that you drop to your knees rummaging through your bag for medical supplies – quickly brandishing a Super Potion. You aim at Larry who was on his last legs, pulling the trigger to release a spray of chemicals. The medicine stings but kicks in fast, the iron monster’s dents and scratches vanishing almost completely. Giving yourself a fighting edge, you take a step back as the nail biting action unfolds! First up Boing springs into the firing line with his pearl flickering a misty white, letting out a Ray of Confusion at a 180 degree angle. The sentinel’s movement appears more erratic, with confusion landing albeit only midly. Three of the five Golett manage to muster up a Shadow Ball whilst the others bonk themselves in the head in a stupor. The inky balls launch forward systematically, hitting all the ally team bar Larry who remains unscathed. Neptune tumbles onto his shell, using his tail to ricochet forward and shoot off a return-fire Ice Beam. The bluish bolt-beam arcs down on the most damage robot, his armour becoming stiff and glazed as the cold mist subsides. Nahkriin and Larry quickly join in on the action, slamming against the ground causing stalagmites to drop from the ceiling as the earth quakes. Coins ripple down the trove as the attack reaches the Golett, chipping away a good portion of their health whilst knocking one of them out! Neptune and Boing are knocked off their feet by the aftershock, but it was price worth paying bringing the odds to an equal number.

    Your eyes sweep over to Boing who was delaying the offence, his pearl rolling down one of the mounds of gold with the piglet scrambling after it! Meanwhile Neptune doesn’t bother getting to his feet as he withdraws into his shell and starts spinning on the spot. Coins are kicked up everywhere as the Pokémon reaches rapid g-force, suddenly letting lose a Hydro Pump in all directions. The powerful blasts of water hit three of the four Golett, with one misfiring and spraying Nahkriin in the jaw – the Druddigon letting off a snarl of annoyance. Boing finally reunites with his pearl, drawing it to his crown telekinetically and unleashing a wave of Psychic power. The telekinetic force sweeps down the arena, ploughing through more of the pirate’s booty and slamming one of the Golett at random. The robot tumbles onto its rear, rising back up without a trace of emotion. Whilst Boing looks pleased with himself the sentinels appeared to a have targeted a more considerable threat – sensors homing in on Neptune. The ghostly guard’s fists flicker with Shadowy energy, rotating them upward and launching a barrage of ethereal Punches on the turtle’s position! Too tuckered out from his last attack he takes the beating dead on, enough to knock him out cold. Rushing to passed out turtle’s side, the idea of pulling a win seemed a whole lot harder. With a quick glance over the battlefield your squad were in much better shape – this time you couldn’t let your guard down. What will you do?

    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: However much the thrill seeking Gym Leader had grinded your gears, your heart skips a beat upon seeing him sprawled across the storeroom floor – caught in an explosion to ward away trespassers. The leader stresses the importance of your mission waving a limp hand at the grid of Pokéballs, one of which a switch was hidden beneath. You weigh up your options, each red-white sphere identical despite how heavily you squinted. Finally picking the ball opposite Volkner, you nervously edge down the room, not looking to set off any bombs accidentally. The lights above give a slight flicker, tension rising as you crouched down to grab it. Hunkered down you lean in, fingers outstretched and inches away. You spot Volkner’s charred body in the corner of your eye – faltering an inch away. You’d come this far though, and with one brave lunge you prize the ball from the grid and lift it to see what’s underneath... Nothing! You’d picked the wrong ball, and what’s worse, this one felt a lot heavier than your average Pokéball. Just as this starts to sink in, a set of eyes crack open on the ball’s face – the Voltorb rattling wildly as it starts to Selfdestruct. You instinctively drop the timebomb and roll backwards whilst still in range. However as the Voltorb starts flashing violently, Wildfire pounces in the firing line taking the brunt of the hit. As the Voltorb detonates the last thing you hear is a loud BANG! A burst of fire swells ahead tossing the echidna against the wall like a ragdoll. You start to cough and splutter as smoke fills the room. Ears ringing you feel around the floor blindly, managing to find the KO’d echidna and return him to his Pokéball. As the smoke clears your throat starts to ease up, the grid back in sight with only two Pokéballs remaining... “Talk about your rotten luck”, Volkner says weakly, “I think we’ve taken out all the Voltorb, so the switch is bound to be under one of those ordinary Pokéballs”


    Crater Lake

    Itzatrap: Whilst Flannery continued sleuthing around the barn it was up to you to keep buying time, lending a hand in shepherding the farmer’s flock of Mareep. With a quick switcheroo you recall the tired chimp with Melantha and Guaca. The Absol stares vacantly at the mountain where Crater Lake stood, its sixth sense tingling – quickly getting distracted by the flock of prey ahead. The Drillbur stretches his shovel-like claws before giving you a cheery wave, ready to follow orders. The two make their way into the ranch as you relay your sheepherding strategy. Malentha is given the role of sheepdog whilst Guaca will be no doubt shearing the Mareep with his shock proof claws. The Absol relishes in this role, swiftly skirting to the edge of the pen and catching the wary eye of a few Mareep. Like a wild jungle cat the Disaster Pokémon pounces from cluster of Mareep to cluster of Mareep, eyes bore down on them with a Mean Look. To your relief the woolly Pokémon spring to their feet in fear, baaing as they bumped past each other to the safe refuge of the barn. Malentha left and right, her intimidation tact leaving few of the Mareep astray. The once yellow field looks far less cluttered as another dozen Mareep join the flock, with just a few more still grazing. The Absol rounds on these one by one, locking eyes with a juvenile Mareep who baas aggressively in return. Yellow sparks jolt up and down the static fur, a Thunder Shock knocking the cat rearward in surprise. At this point, you spot a few of the sheep stumbling out of the jam-packed pen much to your chagrin.

    “The young fella’s tend to get rowdy when dey reach a certain age”, Amos snorts, “A few light knocks outta put ‘im in ‘is place!” With Absol more than capable of delivering said hits you ready a round of orders, first checking up on how Guaca was faring. In the thick of the herd, the mole Pokémon Sports his shovel-like claws and starts drilling at the ground. An upchuck of Mud spews from his position, raining down on the Mareep who start baaing in bewilderment. With their yellow wool growing progressively muckier and the farm Pokémon scrambling to get away, the intentions of your plan appear dubious so far. Amos looks just as confused, “Woah now! Watch out der Bob we don’t want der pelts all dirty!”

    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: With Deadalus the Pokémon Ranger in-training now neck deep in the lake, your eyes drift toward the perilous waterfall, white foam from the rapid current spraying off the cluster of sharp rocks. Not trusting your own swimming abilities you hand it to a natural, brandishing a Pokéball and tossing it into the water. A stream of bubbles run off its surface as it sinks to the seabed, cracking open in a flash of light. Minori the Seel nimbly swerves back to the surface, breaking through the water with a playful bark. Kitty clambers to your crown as you test the water, inviting enough to plunge in wrapping your arms tight around the Seel. Deadalous sends you a weak smile before pressing on, the puffer fish flailing its tail waywardly sending him upstream. Minori quickly follows suit, kicking his hind flippers and Surfing you toward the plunge pool. The Skitty hisses as sprays of water catch her in the face, the water becoming more turbulent the further you swam. Eventually you meet the rocks – sharp as daggers with the fast current crashing any drifting vessel into them without a sweat. You wince as nerves take over, Kitty driving her claws into your scalp as her hydrophobia kicks in. With the Qwilfish knowing its way around the current the Ranger starts to gain a lead, Minori struggling against the rapids as you sailed in tow. After what felt like minutes you’d finally cleared the minefield without a scratch, the Seel barking triumphantly as you dock just a few feet from the waterfall. You spot Icarus the Rufflet, bored stiff of circling the skies as he flocks onto the ranger’s head – cawing cockily at Kitty.

    “Hmm...” Dadalous ponders, barely audible under the thunderous sound of crashing water, “I-I’m willing to bet there’s a secret passage just behind th-this waterfall. We-we might have a better chance at infiltrating their hideout!” You try to clear the water out of your ears, not quite sure you heard him right. Go through the waterfall? The splash of the cascade made it impossible to strain ahead, much less look for a tunnel. Deadalous had proven incompetent at his post so far, sending red flags flying within your subconscious. He starts a countdown, Minori flexing his fins before you can make up your mind. “Ready... Set... Go!” The sensation of a ton of bricks crashing down on you takes shape for a fleeting second, the heavy rain punching you under the surface as Minori veered forward. Breaking through the threshold with a gasp, your ears prickle to the din of the waterfall now behind you. Kitty wrows in protest, dripping wet with her claws dug so deep into your skull she could draw blood. As the water runs off your eyes you get a good glimpse of the channel ahead, Deadalous’s instincts were right! The pair of you crawl to the surface, in awe at the bluish stones suspended in mid-air, illuminating the cave a neon hue.

    “Those stones are charged by electrom-m-magnetism, watch you’re back, this cave ought to be t-teaming with electric types!” Deadalous dries his glasses against his jacket and bids farewell to the Qwilfish, delving deeper into the cave. As you scramble in tow you notice the walls were smooth to touch, supporting the ranger’s theory the tunnel had been drilled manually by nefarious criminals. However old cobwebs and Pokémon bones littered the stretch ahead, suggesting it hadn’t been used in a long time throwing more doubt into your mind. Minutes pass until you finally catch ear of some activity. You spot a glimpse of an Eelektrik, sparks flying up its body as it slinks into a fissure on the ceiling. The rare encounters don’t stop there, clusters of Ferroseed clinging to the walls, draining energy from its magnetic compounds. Eyes sweeping across the ceiling in awe, it take’s Deadalous’s stammering voice to rouse your attention. Just ahead was a huge web, weaved thick across the width of the channel blocking your path. The ranger rubs his head in dumfoundment, “Huh, I-I wonder if I should go back for one of those Ferroseed, do y-you have any better ideas?”
    Last edited by Emp; 30th December 2012 at 5:31 PM.

  21. #546
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine's Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: With chaos erupting all around the amphitheatre you do your best to scramble together a game plan, sweeping your eyes across the scaffolding until you spotted a perfect vantage for liberating Shamu. There was just a slight hitch in your plan as one of the Aqua grunts rounds on you with her Corphish and Poochyena looking to stop you in your tracks. Rather than fight your way through her you opt for a more tactless hit and run technique. Aegis bursts out of his Pokéball, bite marks still raw from his earlier scrap. “Two on one”, the grunt remarks, “Just my kind of od-“ Before she can finish her sentence your plan gears into motion with her smirk promptly wiped away by a eyeful of Muddy Water! The two of you exchange a look of hilarity as the activist guards her eyes letting out a scream of mangled pain and surprise before quickly heading for a set of ladders leading up to the scaffolding. Whilst you’d already managed to climb a few feet into the air with the hardy Wartortle narrowly in tow, the grunt wasn’t willing to let you go that easily.

    “Don’t just stand there!” She yells blindly, “After them!” The two Pokémon scamper forward, the Poochyena yowling as it bounded into the air teeth bared as it Bit down on your foot! Your grip slackens as you try to shake the canine lose, Aegis supporting you from the rear. However as you look over your shoulder you spot more to contend with than the mutt as a Corphish scuttles in and shoots a stream of Bubbles skyward. The foamy blast bursts against the railings making the ladder incredibly slippy. Trying your hardest to keep your grip, gravity triumphs and you tumble off the ladder taking Aegis down with you. With the turtle breaking your fall you slump to your feet, the two Pokémon had your surrounded – if you wanted to get to the scaffolding you’d have to get through them. You look around desperately, the ginger grunt still wiping mud out of her eyes. Homing in on the helicopter, you spot with some relief it was having trouble taking off, a low grinding ringing in your ears as it started to drop in altitude courtesy of the whale’s enormous weight. Shamu was buying you time, but you’d have to be quick about beating the canine and crustacean if you stood a chance at rescuing him. What will you do?


    The sound of the mud splashing into the grunt's face was the single most satisfying thing that had happened to Joshua all day, and he had to resist the urge to hi-five Aegis, making a private resolve to do so later, when they weren't about to be killed or in the middle of rescuing a giant Wailord.

    So it would be quite a while indeed.

    In the meantime, he seized his opportunity to begin climbing the ladder on the scaffolding. By hook or by crook, he would keep Shamu safe. Of course, Joshua had no idea how he was going to manage this... But details, details. He thought he might just have this... And then the fangs sunk into his bare foot.

    "MOTHERF-AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he howled, as the Poochyena's bite was followed up by a slippery bubble stream, sending Joshua and Aegis crashing to the ground. Too bad for the turtle that he had been bringing up the rear. Too bad for Joshua too, whose back was in massive pain. So now he was going to need a physiotherapy session to go with that tetanus shot. Lovely. Why was today trying so hard to kill him? What had he done to today? Shamu didn't seem too pleased with today's events either, by the way he was fighting against the helicopter - good. That could buy him a minute or two, but now there was no option. Deal with the grunt first, then the copter.

    "I'm warning you lady, you have picked the wrong day to mess with me. Voltron, help me even the odds!" he called, causing his shiny Magnemite to appear in a flash. "Aegis, can you still fight?" The Wartortle got to his feet, slightly winded, but still able. Two strong Pokémon versus a Corphish and Poochyena. They had this. "Voltron, hit that Corphish with all you've got - Thunderbolt it, and follow up with Spark! If it's still standing then, give him a Sonicboom, or hit Poochyena with a Mirror Shot if it's not. As for you Aegis, smash Poochyena with your Aqua Tail, before delivering a close-range Blizzard attack, and a Crossfire if you need to!"


    OOC: I'm assuming Wartortle's ok to fight, since you would've said if he wasn't. If not, please let me know so I can edit.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  22. #547
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: With a shark attack narrowly escaped not without the loss of another innocent life, the mermaid leaves you with a final gambit: journey further into the depths of the underwater dungeons alone for Ephraim and Lily’s safe passage. The swash of ocean rings through your ears as you weigh up your options. She lies. She could be lying right now, there was no way you could trust her. But you couldn’t afford to defy her either. Her threat was sincere, and if you turned down her bargain the death of the last standing traveller would be on your hands. Your eyes sweep across the coliseum: the passage to the dungeons, the terrified traveller and your greatest weapon undersea. You settle on Ephraim, who returns a noble gaze – determined to protect you from harm. You’d made your decision and this couldn’t be so, you had to go at it alone. Whilst the seahorse protests he eventually forfeits under your uncompromising tone, destroying Lily’s bounds and allowing her trembling arms to wrap around his spiny neck. You take one last fleeting look at them before facing the gateway ahead. Ready to meet your destiny...

    The light from the battleground only stretches a few meters down the passageway before being consumed by a pitch blackness that makes it impossible to tell what lay ahead. A quiver runs down your tail as faint noises echo from the bowels of the trail, and with a great gulp you muster up all your courage to press on. Breaking into a breaststroke you allow the darkness to swallow you whole. Eyes adjusting to no avail you start to rely on your other senses. You strain your ears for any sign of movement ahead, but the tunnel remains filled with a deadly silence. You swim for what feels like minutes, occasionally brushing your tail against the side of the channel and bearing back to the centre with a jerk. There’s no telling how far you’d travelled through the depth’s of the lagoon’s labyrinth by now, however your pupils suddenly dilate as a red light flickers into view at the end of the tunnel. Like a homing beacon the scarlet lure draws you in, the jagged cave walls smouldering under its luminosity. You come to a halt at the foot of the red light, which you quickly recognize as a gem stone encrusted onto a large conch. Your eyes follow the bivalve down to the pink figure it was latched onto, a red and white ruff around its neck and a zen-like expression on its face. The Slowking starts to speak mechanically, no doubt drunk on the mermaid’s Hypnosis.

    “Only a man with unmatched wit may go on to the final game. Answer my riddle on your first guess – I will let you pass. Answer wrongly – I attack. Remain silent – I will let you walk away from me, unscathed”, Your stomach slips a few notches as you gaze ahead nonplussed. You weigh your chances. If the riddle was too hard, you could keep silent, double back unharmed and try to find an alternate route to the dungeon. But that seemed unlikely. Stripped of your backup your only option seemed to be solving the riddle on the first attempt. Your thoughts are stammered as the Slowking’s mouth draws open, your ears fixed intently on every last word resonating from its lips:

    ’From the Sea Basin I took a Water Weed and gave it to a Tiny Turtle. What am I?’
    Leaving his companions behind, Balmund ventures forth onto the Siren's final challenge, alone, wounded, and unprotected; nothing left but his own might and his will to, somehow, make it out alive. Making his way within the labyrinth, he must've wandered for what felt like eternity, seconds turning into minutes and minutes in turn becoming hours within an impregnable darkness. Suddenly, a flash of red light flickers; a ray of hope or a most cruel of lures, either way, Balmund homed in to it without hesitation. As he closes in he finally comes face to face with the source of the light, a gem, encrusted in the familiar royal crown of the regal Slowking. Another of her servants, no doubt. It speaks, in an almost mechanical manner. Should he wish to move onward, a riddle needed to be answered. there was only one try. Fail, and Balmund would have to fight. Answer correctly, and he could move on. Remain silent and he could go back unscathed. Remain silent ... Slowking would not attack unless Balmund either spoke his answer, or tried to move forward regardless of this test, which meant there was no definite timer for this riddle. Nonetheless, that was an idea Balmund wasn't too ready to put to the test.

    He weighs his chances very carefully. He wouldn't want to quickly gamble his health (and life!) on a riddle he wasn't sure he could answer, but going back to the darkness, uncertain of the other dangers that layed ahead ... he wasn't even sure he would quickly find an opportunity like this. At this stage, all of his decisions carried the very real danger of death behind them.

    He thinks carefully about the riddle, deconstructing it word by word. There were three set of word that caught his attention: Sea Basin, Water Weed, Tiny Turtle. The last two he identified immediately by the two known Pokémon who bore such titles: Lotad and Squirtle. As for the first one, he vaguely remembered the legends. Could be it the legendary Kyogre? One thing was definitely not like the others. If there was one thing the legend was known for, was for the formation of the vast oceans. Kyogre was a force which brought unstoppable rain. Were it for the mythical beast, all of Earth would be swallowed under the seas. Rain is one thing Lotad adore, for it is at its strongest under that weather. But what about the turtle? Normally, Squirtle benefit from water and rain as much as any other Water-type would ... Tch, no, no, it made no sense at all, and his train of thought was starting to wander far as it tried to grasp for some connection. The stress of the moment, with all the recent happenings included, did not help one bit; Balmund felt far to mentally exhausted to dedicate some time to some random game. Maybe the answer was a lot more simple than it seemed?

    He thinks about it again. He figured he had hit the nail by identifying the creatures involved in this riddle. Kyogre, Lotad, & Squirtle, it would have something to do with them, but in what sense. From the Kyogre, I took a Lotad and gave it to a Squirtle. A strange sentence if taken by what the Pokémon's names literally represent, but what if they were to be substituted by something else? Amusingly enough, each Pokémon has been attributed a number in the system, even the deities. A bit farfetch'd a thing to add to the equation, as Balmund wasn't expecting the Slowking to think about Pokédex entries at all, but he quickly experiments with this idea nonetheless. If he takes the value of Lotad off Kyogre, and gives the result to Squirtle, the final answer surprisingly landed on another water Pokémon! Nothing directly to do with the other three, but as close an answer as Balmund would ever get. Though the chances of being wrong were very high, he might as well say something now and be done with it. He was already ready for battle anyways.

    "You're Seaking," Balmund answered, ironicly enough, considering he was addressing a "king" of another kind, but in context, it now made too much sense. How clever.
    Last edited by Balmund; 31st December 2012 at 2:43 PM.

  23. #548
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Sorry about the delay folks. I’ll be updating a couple more times over the next couple of weeks so get those replies in whilst you can!

    Ampere Beach

    Dark Searchman: Even with a platoon of Water Types the pair of trainers were fighting an uphill battle, the sea captain barely able to keep his vessel from capsizing as it’s pulled into a vicious whirlpool. The flash of lightning blurs your vision like a Polaroid camera, the torrential downpour and sprays of surf making it impossible to make out the dark yonder. From what you’d caught of the battle, Delilah had made more than enough narrow escapes and was prepped for your next chain of orders - her blinking anglers flashing among the pod of electric types. The same couldn’t be said for Kray who’d been MIA since the strike of thunder. Andy frantically hung over the toe rail, desperate cries for Corphish met with no response. The last you’d seen of the crustaceans they’d manoeuvred into enemy territory, their attack at the rear grinding to a halt as the orca retaliated. Holding tight on the mast with your own fate in the balance, you have scarce time to commiserate - the sail boat is sucked deeper into the vortex. And then he was gone. Your ears barely catch the splash as Andy dropped into the treacherous blue to rescue his Pokémon. You hang over the port side and squint ahead, the current was so fast that there was no way of spotting a man overboard amongst the sea of darkness. The kid had saved your life not long ago, and you were just as willing to save his... “Don’t be a fool!” The captain yells above the drumming skies, grabbing your shoulder with a crippling hold, “It’s too dangerous lad!”

    With Briney Sr. quashing any reckless actions you try and block these doubts from your mind and focus on the struggle ahead. The vessel had lapped the whirlpool enough times to completely throw off your bearing, closing in like a wall of darkness as you attempt to position the bioluminescent sea creatures. In the nick of time a swarm of yellow blotches enters your scope, your voice cracking as you let loose more orders. With the current too strong for Briney to steer against you can only hope they got the message loud and clear. Inches from a watery grave you spot the fish dive into the eddy, a yellow torchlight breaking out over the watery deck. Delilah and the rest of the angler fish quickly start to swim against the Whirlpool. It current starts to slacken as Briney sails the boat toward the surface – your heart beating at normal speed again as the vortex subsides. This only lasts for a fleeting second however, Kyogre’s eyes flickering a smouldering red as it enjoys a round of open fire.

    With the electric types busy freeing you from the current the Sea Basin Pokémon submerges and lets off a high-frequency Pulse which echoes down the Water. The attack resonates against the electric platoon for another powerful hit, schools of unevolved fish recessing into the deep sea trenches – barring your Chinchou and a Tynamo that had had its brains scrambled in confusion. Delilah is looking worse for wear, but bravely bobs to the surface and shoots off a blast of Scalding water backed up by the Lanturn pod’s Hydro Pump. Her eel cousins improvise with a barrage of Acid Spray, the combine forces raining down on the orca and burning harsh against its skin. Kyogre lets out a wail of fury causing the skies to flash and rumble. The scorn legend is quick to unleash his wrath on the sea dwellers, the rain beating so cold against your skin it starts to feel like hard pellets. Gazing toward the orca your vision is quickly impaired by the icy blizzard churning out of its mouth, the Sheer power of it freezing a half a dozen of the ally team solid. Where the blast had made contact with the water a minefield of icebergs had formed – Briney steering the jib in efforts to safely manoeuvre out of them. With their numbers whittled down to just a handful, the electric types band together to let loose another Shock Wave – determined to avenge their fallen allies. The outburst of electromagnetism ripples down the sea, smacking the Kyogre in the nose for another effective hit.

    You grab ahold of the mast to get another good look at your enemies, scars of the battle strewn across its blubbery hide. Fatigue was starting to show on both sides, and you could tell the climatic finale was on the horizon. Briney is quick to rouse you from these thoughts as he clears the field of glaciers, his Wingull swooping down from the bird’s nest and onto his shoulder, “Peeko, its time for you to sweep in! Hyrem, make sure he has a clear opening!”
    As Captain Briney continued to struggle to keep his boat afloat, Hyrem and Andy could barely see the situation, but from what they did see it wasn't pretty. At least Delilah was still around, leading the pod of Lanturn and Eelektross, but Kray, Andy's Corphish, was nowhere to be seen. Andy looked understandably distraught as he stood at the edge of the boat trying desperately to look for his Pokemon. By now, Kyogre had finished off the Crawdaunt and Kingler with Kray.

    Okay, now, I don't think anybody saw Andy fall off the boat, but yeah, he plunged right into the whirlpool, probably in an attempt to rescue his Corphish. "Hey, A- ANDYYYY!!!" Hyrem suddenly screamed at the top of his lungs, ready to jump in there himself; Andy saved him, after all, so it was only fair he return the favor. But Briney's sudden grip on his shoulder was firm and his voice rang loud and clear: “Don’t be a fool! It’s too dangerous lad!” He was right, and Hyrem had to focus on the task at hand. First, he had to find where Delilah was. Thankfully, Delilah's lights shone so Hyrem could shout out his orders ... and hope she heard them. With another "thankfully", she did hear them as she and the other Chinchou and Lanturn work against the swirling current and eventually calm down the Whirlpool. This would make for some smooth sailing, right? WRONG! Kyogre decides to take a cheap shot at the group of Electric-types by spitting out a Water Pulse which took out all the Tynamo except for one, who was left confused, and all the Chinchou except Delilah, who was looking really beat, but still able to use a Scald attack as the Lanturn use Hydro Pump and the Eelektrik and Eelektross use Acid Spray to greatly lower Kyogre's stiff Special Defenses to set the killer whale up for the Water attacks. All that acid and water made Kyogre rage and the Sea Basin Pokemon was ready to put his subjects in their place by using one of its more devastating attacks. The rain started to get Colder and colder, and Hyrem could see Kyogre was getting a very nasty attack ready. If it hit Delilah, it would all be over, just from the Sheer power it looked like it had. It hit six more Electric-type Pokemon and instantly took them out of commission. Very fortunately, it didn't hit Delilah, but it did freeze the water it touched. What power! It took Briney a lot of effort to steer away from the newly made ice floes, and Delilah and the rest of the Pokemon had to regroup just to get a decent Shock Wave attack that would ruin Kyogre's day further.

    Both Kyogre and the Electric-types were worn down and battered, so in general the battle was going to end soon, and if Briney's plan didn't work, Kyogre would overwhelm them. Well, Peeko flew from his perch to Briney's shoulder, then Briney said, “Peeko, its time for you to sweep in! Hyrem, make sure he has a clear opening!”

    "Okay, got it!" Hyrem said, though he needed to think about Delilah's well-being first, plus he needed to keep their plan unknown to the enemy. "Delilah, can you come over here for a sec?" he called out to Delilah. Once she drew close, he took out a bottle of Fresh Water (1/10) and held it in front of his Chinchou. "Here, drink this. Now here's the plan; watch where Peeko flies, then try to get Kyogre and the guy controlling him to look the other way with your attacks. I know we don't have as many Pokemon as before, but just do your best, that's all we can ask at this point. Give Kyogre another Shock Wave, then a Thunderbolt to keep its attention. Maybe some of the stronger Pokemon know Thunder or other stronger Electric attacks, see if they'll use them instead. Now go for it!" This was it, would Delilah and the remaining Electric-types be able to distract Kyogre enough in this critical moment? I can't say for sure, but I agree with Hyrem's strategy!
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 3rd January 2013 at 8:47 PM.

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  24. #549
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12

    Default Meetan's Return! January Updates #1

    OOC: Sorry to have taken so long with y'all. University and illness has kept me back, as you know. I'm on the mend now and not back until just before February university-wise, so now that I've written through the writers block, I hope to be more regular again! Let's do this!

    To those whose updates aren't here, your adventures are officially on hold. Amphy, Tim, etc - if you return, PM me and I'll link you to your adventures, then pick you back up as soon as I'm freer once again.

    Suicune’s Effigy

    LASL: You have a few issues in terms of mental stability, apparently. You first think that the stranger might be a mad scientist, despite the fact he looks neither mad nor like a scientist. At the very least, you go forth and answer the question, keeping your cool. The musician isn’t angry, after all, just concerned, and your childhood hero Suicune is majestically supporting you from a short distance away.

    “You didn’t disturb me at all. And thank you very much for the compliment – it was nice to have an audience, even if it’s just one person.” He replies with perfect calm. He, too, shifts his gaze to the beautiful statue, admiring it in silence for a few seconds before speaking again. “I’m sure you could play an instrument if you wanted to. If you could, what instrument would you play?” He asks you out of interest.

    As you reply, and the man listens, your Spearow looks up to the sky with caution. The clear morning that you had been grateful for is at threat of disappearing. In the distance, grey clouds are slowly crawling in the direction of the coastal town, and the wind is beginning to pick up, ruffling the Pokemon’s feathers. Still, they might pass over with any luck from the elements, and it’s too early to tell if a storm’s on the approach or a mere shower.

    What do you do?

    The Black Swan

    Missingno Master: Seeing as it is winter now, Laguna Beach is colder at this time than it might be any other season of the year. There is no snow atop the sand or ice above water, but every time the wind blows, you can appreciate the fact that it feels brutal. Your Shuppet, Myrtle, tries to discourage your latest escapade as you proceed down towards the most feared pirate ship of its time, the Black Swan. Unfortunately for her, you are heeding none of her advice, and your updater is going to make sure you regret it, whether Myrtle can face palm at your stupidity or not.

    It takes you a few minutes for you to find any sort of way in, and it involves you treading through the shallows, shivering as the low temperature chomps at your ankles and drenches your jeans. Needless to say, Myrtle continues to criticise you the entire time, hiding her reluctance to join this adventure behind nasty remarks. Your fingers wrap around weathered wood and you clumsily stumble inside the vessel. It looks as you expect it to – a complete and utter shambles

    “There-is-noth-ing inside here, Meat Saack.” Myrtle snaps icily, floating behind you as you begin your investigation. Indeed, any treasure appears to have been looted. However, what the ghost-type has yet to tell you is that she feels incredibly sick, and if she had eaten anything previously, she might have thrown it upon your very large hat by now. Her floating is a bit clumsier than usual. Unless you had attended one crazy New Year’s party with her, she shouldn’t be drunk – and certainly isn’t – is she?

    But that’s not all. Except for the water that you yourself wade through, the flooding is free of any disturbance from the waves that crash against the side and should be breaking through the holes. There are no wild critters living within the ship, just as Myrtle suggested to you, and it is eerily... Silent. You can’t hear the wind, or those waves, or... Anything. Unlike outside of the Black Swan, it isn’t cold or hot. It’s just... Something.

    What do you do?

    Laguna Lake

    Plight of Leon: Christopher watches patiently as you type, sending and receiving important emails with the sister of a strong gym leader. A Poke Ball materialises out of thin air, containing Black Dynamite, a Sawk that you had obtained in a trade not too long ago.

    “I will. I promise.” He seems reluctant to leave you, even though you have a protector of your own now beside the Seismitoad. “Like I said, the doctors will be on their way soon. I’ll contact a colleague, too, and see if someone will swing by.” He added, smiling. “Come on, Surgei, we should go before this gets more out of hand. Take care, Blaze.”

    With that, the Ranger makes a move. The door closes beyond your little rehabilitation room, and the dual-type joins yours as the adventure takes its direction through the forest and towards the nests of the uncontrollable Ursaring and Teddiursa.

    What will Surgei do?

    Fireray: Last update here.

  25. #550
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Black City
    Posts
    6,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    OOC: Sorry to have taken so long with y'all. University and illness has kept me back, as you know. I'm on the mend now and not back until just before February university-wise, so now that I've written through the writers block, I hope to be more regular again! Let's do this!

    To those whose updates aren't here, your adventures are officially on hold. Amphy, Tim, etc - if you return, PM me and I'll link you to your adventures, then pick you back up as soon as I'm freer once again.
    The Black Swan

    Missingno Master: Seeing as it is winter now, Laguna Beach is colder at this time than it might be any other season of the year. There is no snow atop the sand or ice above water, but every time the wind blows, you can appreciate the fact that it feels brutal. Your Shuppet, Myrtle, tries to discourage your latest escapade as you proceed down towards the most feared pirate ship of its time, the Black Swan. Unfortunately for her, you are heeding none of her advice, and your updater is going to make sure you regret it, whether Myrtle can face palm at your stupidity or not.

    It takes you a few minutes for you to find any sort of way in, and it involves you treading through the shallows, shivering as the low temperature chomps at your ankles and drenches your jeans. Needless to say, Myrtle continues to criticise you the entire time, hiding her reluctance to join this adventure behind nasty remarks. Your fingers wrap around weathered wood and you clumsily stumble inside the vessel. It looks as you expect it to – a complete and utter shambles

    “There-is-noth-ing inside here, Meat Saack.” Myrtle snaps icily, floating behind you as you begin your investigation. Indeed, any treasure appears to have been looted. However, what the ghost-type has yet to tell you is that she feels incredibly sick, and if she had eaten anything previously, she might have thrown it upon your very large hat by now. Her floating is a bit clumsier than usual. Unless you had attended one crazy New Year’s party with her, she shouldn’t be drunk – and certainly isn’t – is she?

    But that’s not all. Except for the water that you yourself wade through, the flooding is free of any disturbance from the waves that crash against the side and should be breaking through the holes. There are no wild critters living within the ship, just as Myrtle suggested to you, and it is eerily... Silent. You can’t hear the wind, or those waves, or... Anything. Unlike outside of the Black Swan, it isn’t cold or hot. It’s just... Something.

    What do you do?
    Ignoring Myrtle's continual snide remarks and general nastiness, Keith proceeded to walk into the ruined remnants of the old pirate ship. Myrtle's current attitude was nothing new for her, and Keith learned long ago to not let it get to him. As they entered, Myrtle snapped again, stating that there was nothing inside. However, Keith could not fail to notice the eerie silence that was, rather ironically, deafening. It wasn't cold, it wasn't hot... Keith didn't know what to make of that. Keith turned to look at Myrtle, and immediately noticed that her floating was somewhat clumsier than usual. His barely-suppressed annoyance at Myrtle's nasty remarks gave way to concern- Keith was certain something was off if Myrtle was floating like that. "Myrtle, you OK?" Keith asked, knowing full well what the answer would be.

    "I am per-fect-ly fine, Meat Sack," Myrtle snapped in reply.

    "Yeah, because that's always how you float, right?" Keith retorted. "You been eating enough negative emotions lately?"

    "I have been ea-ting fine, thank you ve-ry much!" Myrtle snapped angrily, though she wobbled a little more in midair as she said this.

    Keith shook his head. "Myrtle, don't lie to me," he said. "Something ain't right with you. Are you feeling OK?"

    "...Yes," Myrtle replied, though her moment of hesitation was all Keith needed to confirm his suspicions, and the Shuppet knew it, too. "Fine," she sighed. "I do not feel a hun-dred per-cent at the mo-ment. Hap-py now?"

    "C'mon, we're getting out of here," Keith replied. "We gotta get you to a Pokemon Center."

    "Hell no, Meat Sack," growled Myrtle. "I will be fine."

    "Come on, two minutes ago you couldn't wait to get out of here," Keith complained. "Now you want to stay?"

    "As I have told you be-fore," Myrtle hissed ominously, "I am not scared to be here. It will take more than a lit-tle nau-se-a to stop me."

    Keith sighed. "Fine, we'll keep exploring," he said. "But if you start feeling worse, you let me know right away, and we will leave."

    "We will see a-bout that, Meat Sack," snapped Myrtle. Secretly, she rather wanted to leave the ship as quick as possible, but she would rather die than show weakness in front of anybody.

    I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 6 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 13 up now!
    Author profile

    Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade. Vote Missingno. for new SSB4 fighter!

    Fizzy Bubbles info

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •