Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    ((I apologise at how sporadic these updates are, but seeing as most of my updatees have gone silent for now, I'm feeling less pressure/demand to reply. This is both a good and bad thing. I'm also quite ill at the moment and busy, with my first assignment deadline next week, another the week after and another a few weeks after that. My inspiration wanes under ill health and a hectic schedule but I'll do my best!

Welcome to the crew, Lu!))

The Black Swan

Takeo: With the way the gravity is pushing down on you, the way down would definitely be far easier than up. However, it’s hard even to move, and your heart thumps in your ears like an alarm at every motion you make. Oliver just about manages a reply to you, gritting his teeth, dizzied by the surreal sensation. Narcissa peers up at you in confusion. She’s not old enough to understand that this isn’t right, especially as it’s in her species’ instincts to cause trouble for travelers.

Loudly, you order a Sludge Bomb and a Scald to break down the door. Grace was petrified, and as such, it was for the best that she wasn't given the order, but the Frillish delivers right away, twirling after the blast of water and poison. The weathering drenches the wood, and the poison bubbles as it assists, but it looks like the door’s not as the same as the rest of the ship. You will need a lot more than that.

But now, there isn't just screaming. You hear sounds all around you, and Oliver does, and so do your Pokemon. It’s like you’re in a place full of people: urgent shouting, scandalous whispers and murmurs, all flooding your senses as if you were struck by a torrent of water. You see colours in your vision: muddy brown, red, black, grey, faint and false gold, silver... It’s becoming hard to focus. Everything’s barraging you in confusion.

“What the—What the heck’s happening?!” Oliver demands, looking around the pair of you at this extrasensory display. It’s inconsistent, sometimes loud and overbearing, seconds later barely registering. “Is this—Is this Peggy, or--?! Maybe we should get out, we can try this another way!”

Whatever is doing this, or whoever, is beyond that door. Escape, and risk this curse following you, or challenge it head on, and find out your fate faster than you would want to? What do you do?

With the gravity pushing him down, it was much easier to stay down, but Hallow couldn't, he refused to be beat. The adrenaline pumping through his system made his heart beat faster and now was all he could hear, Hallow glanced over to Oliver who was gritting his teeth surely from the pain, he looked dizzied, no less from the surreal sensation happening to them. Narissa peered up at them in confusion, her innocence's letting Hallow know she didn't quite understand what was going on.

Over the intense screaming, heavy rain and wild wind happening, Hallow's order don't go unheeded, Narissa takes to action, sending a blast of hot water and poison to burn a hole through the door. The attack meets the door, splashing to the sides of the ship. Hallow looked to see the attack had failed.

The screaming continues, but something else: urgent shouting, whispers, and murmurs all flood into his ear drums. He tightly closes his eye and reopens them to a vision of colors: muddy brown, red, black, grey, faint and false gold, silver... It’s becoming hard to focus. It's all Hallow could do not to lose consciousness.

“What the—What the heck’s happening?!” Oliver demands, looking around the pair of them at this extrasensory display.

"I don't know!," Hallow yells,

“Is this—Is this Peggy, or--?! Maybe we should get out, we can try this another way!”

"No!," he bellows, "We are facing this head on, we've come this far, I'm not turning back now!,"

With all his might, he tried to push through the Gravity, "I'm getting to that door if its the last thing I do!,"

[Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 20th November 2012 at 9:54 AM.