Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Whale Island - The Hydro-Electric Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    ((Lol, you're right. It is impossible. Silly point, that one.))

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Myrtle does all of the translating that she needs to do, and a little bit more on top of that. It is then that you ask your last question, offering the creature a spot on your team within a Christmas Ball. It speaks to you all again, this time with a polite rejection. Not only does it belong in the Mystery Zones and Glitch City, it tells you, but it needs to be there. It needs to protect the others of its kind, and the few people like yourself that come into trouble that it can save.

At that moment, you find yourself pushed back some distance, the salty sea spraying you and your open party. Missingno. has its last challenge for you: a battle. This time, it won’t be with a glitch Pokemon or trainer but its grand self. You’ve struggled, but come so far, it would seem a shame to bow out now. Furthermore, you also know that Missingno. could be your only route home, and as much as you may or may not be tempted, you cannot stay in this place for the rest of your life.

Do you accept Missingno.’s final challenge?
    Missingno. replied to Keith's question, and according to Myrtle, the response was just as he had anticipated; no. Missingno.'s place was in the Mystery Zones and Glitch City, and it needed to be there, to protect the others of its kind, and the few visitors to this place. Keith and Myrtle nodded in understanding, and then Keith found himself getting pushed back a distance; it became apparent that Missingno. had one more challenge to issue- a battle. Keith thought about this- he had come this far, it seemed a shame to back out now, as much damage as his team had sustained. Furthermore, a battle against Missingno.... When was he ever gonna get another opportunity like this, and more to the point, who would be stupid enough to reject such a once-in-a-lifetime chance? Slowly, an excited grin spread across Keith's face.

"I accept your challenge, Missingno.," he said. He then pointed forward and called out, "Lily, I choose you!"

Immediately, the Venomoth that had been accompanying them fluttered forward to face off against Missingno. She hovered in place, awaiting orders.

"Lily, use Supersonic!" Keith ordered. "Follow it up with a Giga Drain, and then use Sludge Wave!"

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #26

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: As much damage as your team has sustained, you can’t help but grin. When are you ever going to get another chance like this? You declare your acceptance, sending forth your trusty Venomoth. Lily’s wings beat hard and she sends out strong, supersonic waves which send the waters upwards, splashing against a dizzied Missingno. The attack worked, and not only that, but as ineffective as Giga Drain was in terms of type matchup, Lily needed some of her health restoring.

It goes to attack you, but only ends up hitting itself in its confusion, leaving it wide open for your team member’s Sludge Wave. Trying to avoid with such a large body is difficult in its state despite its good speed. In the end, you’ve finished this round with a good advantage – Lily has restored some of her previously lost health and come off unscathed, whilst Missingno. flounders from the Supersonic. Both have a good lot of energy left. What will you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: As much damage as your team has sustained, you can’t help but grin. When are you ever going to get another chance like this? You declare your acceptance, sending forth your trusty Venomoth. Lily’s wings beat hard and she sends out strong, supersonic waves which send the waters upwards, splashing against a dizzied Missingno. The attack worked, and not only that, but as ineffective as Giga Drain was in terms of type matchup, Lily needed some of her health restoring.

It goes to attack you, but only ends up hitting itself in its confusion, leaving it wide open for your team member’s Sludge Wave. Trying to avoid with such a large body is difficult in its state despite its good speed. In the end, you’ve finished this round with a good advantage – Lily has restored some of her previously lost health and come off unscathed, whilst Missingno. flounders from the Supersonic. Both have a good lot of energy left. What will you do?
    "Good, good," grinned Keith, for Lily was off to a decent start- her Supersonic was doing its job very well, the Giga Drain had its intended effect of restoring some of Lily's health, and the Sludge Wave hit its mark. "Way to go, Lily! Let's keep it up!"

"Do not get o-ver-con-fi-dent, though," warned Myrtle. "Re-mem-ber, Her-mi-o-ne star-ted out well a-gainst that Kan-gas-khan..."

"Right," nodded Keith. "OK, Lily, let's give it a taste of your Stun Spore! Follow it up with Confusion, and then use another Sludge Wave!"

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Suicune’s Effigy

LASL: You almost set off for the nearest of the two harbours until you recall the booming boat hire business of Shell Harbour, and decide to go there instead. It takes you a little while longer to reach there, but with the cold of the weather conditions and your adrenaline, you’re not as tired as you thought you would be when eventually you reach it. Still, you can’t help but catch your breath when you arrive, taking in the sights.

There are warehouses in the distance, but unlike in most urban areas, very few are abandoned and security is top, with all of them sealed up well if you were to go in that direction. Undoubtedly you’ll have to pass close to a few as you’ll need to go along one of the piers to reach whichever boat you end up acquiring. As for the boat hiring stall itself, hunting it down and investigating it, you see that the booth is all closed up due to the storm!

What now, you wonder? You’re soaked through, and at this rate, you’ll get sick before your mission is complete! There are cafes, bars and pubs along the coast. Given that it’s a place of commerce, there’ll surely be sailors, traders or even a helpful trainer or two that could help out. Alternatively, you have Minori the cowardly Seel and there might be other alternatives. What do you do?

((Psst, my Seel's name is Justin, Minori belongs to Kaisap.))

Darn! El was too late, the shop was closed and being out in the rain for so long was starting to take its toll. At least she wasn't coughing up blood, that was a plus. And even if she was in top condition, Delphi was too far away now. She had to make the best out of her choice, and that right now included 'getting dry'.

Which was probably the top priority of everyone else around, actually. Which in turn meant it probably wouldn't be too hard to find someone willing to sympathise. She let out a few more coughs and waited to catch her breath before dashing off towards the more touristy area, away from the warehouses. Even if they weren't maintained so well El could never bring herself to steal, anyway.

Her mad (hopefully) final dash gave her a good view of the ocean. The swells were... she did her best not to think about them, eep.

It was pretty obvious when she reached the commerce section, there was a bar or cafe for every second souvenire shop. The adrenaline was starting to abandon her, and it was just about one of the worst experiences she'd had this side of drowning. Her muscles were aching and tired, more than ready to give in under her own weight. And the burning in her chest, she couldn't breathe fast enough! It was not something she ever wanted to go through again, certainly, but right now it was an unparalelled oppertunity. It was time to turn the pathetic and desperate gauges up to the max.

"h-HELP P-p-PLE-Ease! I... I got... STUCK in the... inth, STORm! A-anyone p-PLease! ANYONE!"

On and on she wailed as best as she good while completely puffed. It was hard work in its own right, being so loud, but if she couldn't be heard over the storm it was all useless. And on the off chance she attracted somebody with icky intentions, well, no one expects the tiny helpless blonde girl to have a scyther.

Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets

Default Meetan's January Updates #27

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Myrtle reminds you not to get overconfident. Hermione began well with that Weedle, but the tables soon turned, and that appears to be the case here. Lily goes straight in for a Stun Spore, but Missingno. has shaken off its confusion and bursts through the attack with a jet of water. It pushes the flying bug backwards, and before she can use her confusion, Missingno. has soared up into the sky.

Before Myrtle can even warn you to what’s next, Missingno. descends at an alarming speed, using its Sky Attack. Lily fires her Sludge Wave, which is a direct hit, but is then shot into the sea. Missingno. passes you by in a golden light, returning to its previous spot, awaiting your next move. Lily’s newly recovered health is gone, and so is some more – that Sky Attack was quite the blow. Myrtle was right not to celebrate too soon. What will you do?

Shell Harbour

LASL: You already feel like you’re on your last legs. It’s hard to breathe, you’re feeling heavy, tired and there’s a burning in your chest. Unfortunately, you can’t afford to stop now, and as pathetic as you feel, you decide that sympathy is the best tactic. “H- help! P- p- please! I... I... got STUCK in the... inth, STORm!” You start, hoping that you can be heard over the powerful gales. At first it seems like nobody’s heard you, and then a sailor decked out in mostly white comes out of one of the nearby pubs.

“Hey, kid?” He asks, looking down at you. His belly’s big, but you get the impression from his arms and legs that some of it may be muscle and not fat, “What’re you doing screaming out there? Come on inside out of the rain! Are you crazy?” Before he can demean you more or shut the door on you, you tremble your way inside, where it is dry and considerably warmer. It’s dark, and whilst not silent, it isn’t as busy as other establishments might be. Most of the guests are either loners or regulars from the same gang.

“You got money for a drink? Get something warm.” The stranger advises, returning to his spot where a coffee awaits him. You’re attracting attention already with many eyes on you, and you haven’t even spoken or done anything weird yet! What do you do?

((Lol, so it is. Sorry about that. So many nicknames and I don't always check.))
    Last edited by Meetan; 24th January 2013 at 1:22 AM.

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Myrtle reminds you not to get overconfident. Hermione began well with that Weedle, but the tables soon turned, and that appears to be the case here. Lily goes straight in for a Stun Spore, but Missingno. has shaken off its confusion and bursts through the attack with a jet of water. It pushes the flying bug backwards, and before she can use her confusion, Missingno. has soared up into the sky.

Before Myrtle can even warn you to what’s next, Missingno. descends at an alarming speed, using its Sky Attack. Lily fires her Sludge Wave, which is a direct hit, but is then shot into the sea. Missingno. passes you by in a golden light, returning to its previous spot, awaiting your next move. Lily’s newly recovered health is gone, and so is some more – that Sky Attack was quite the blow. Myrtle was right not to celebrate too soon. What will you do?
    "Uh-oh," Keith muttered as he saw Missingno. soar into the sky. Myrtle couldn't warn him in time, but he didn't need her to, he knew the kind of attacks Missingno. could learn- why do you think he taught Myrtle Water Gun and Sky Attack? Lily unsteadily rose back into the air after the devastating blow.

"Mooooth," she groaned.

"We can still do this, Lily," Keith said encouragingly. "Use your Icy Wind attack! Follow up with Signal Beam, and if it tries another Sky Attack, use Harden!"

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #28

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Lily carefully rises back up into the air, although she’s unsteady with her body soaked in water. Using Icy Wind comes unnaturally to her, but she manages it anyway, and Missingno. is struck. Signal Beam is a little weaker, but finally, your side is making some real leeway. At the sight of the colossal Pokemon taking off, your steady uses Harden just as commanded, but it isn’t a Sky Attack that’s being used. The L-shape bends almost unnaturally, and it is revealed that instead, Missingno. is tightly binding around Venomoth’s body, squeezing it tightly!

Lily is immobilised, and whilst the damage is minimal, it won’t stay that way. The large captor sweeps her up into the sky, their bodies enveloped into that same aura as before. Then it comes crashing down, slamming your Pokemon into the sand beneath the sea before rising up. The damage sustained by Lily is far greater than Missingno.’s, but to expect this battle to be easier than the others – which were hard enough – would have been a foolish prediction.

What will you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Lily carefully rises back up into the air, although she’s unsteady with her body soaked in water. Using Icy Wind comes unnaturally to her, but she manages it anyway, and Missingno. is struck. Signal Beam is a little weaker, but finally, your side is making some real leeway. At the sight of the colossal Pokemon taking off, your steady uses Harden just as commanded, but it isn’t a Sky Attack that’s being used. The L-shape bends almost unnaturally, and it is revealed that instead, Missingno. is tightly binding around Venomoth’s body, squeezing it tightly!

Lily is immobilised, and whilst the damage is minimal, it won’t stay that way. The large captor sweeps her up into the sky, their bodies enveloped into that same aura as before. Then it comes crashing down, slamming your Pokemon into the sand beneath the sea before rising up. The damage sustained by Lily is far greater than Missingno.’s, but to expect this battle to be easier than the others – which were hard enough – would have been a foolish prediction.

What will you do?
    "Wait, what?" Keith said as Missingno.'s body began to bend unnaturally. "It knows Bind?"

"Ap-par-ent-ly, some of my kind can in-deed learn Bind," Myrtle replied. "I did not see that com-ing, how-e-ver."

Missingno. then unleashed another Sky Attack, and Lily was not looking that good- she was still conscious, but had clearly taken much more damage than Missingno. Keith knew that at the rate Missingno. was getting off these attacks, the battle was as good as lost. So what to do? Why, stop the attacks from coming, what else?

"OK," said Keith. "Lily, Sleep Powder now! Then use Giga Drain, and follow up with Sludge Wave!"

"Why didn't you just order Sleep Powder from the start?" asked Myrtle in Shuppet language.

"Haven't been having the best of luck with that move lately," Keith replied, also in Shuppet language. "But desperate times call for desperate measures."

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #29

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You are evidently taken aback that Missingno. knows Bind, but while Myrtle was aware that it was a possibility, she did not see it coming. Desperate times calls for desperate measures, something that you have conveyed to the Shuppet in her mother tongue. You have ordered Lily to use Sleep Powder first, something which you haven’t had luck in recently, but this time, it appears to work. The silver glitter falls all over and around your enemy, and it falls into an unscheduled slumber.

This is the time you use to recuperate some of Lily’s lost health, and Giga Drain does just that. Again, however, the flying resistance doesn’t help you, but it’s something, and the Sludge Wave smacks against the great wall of pixels. At the end of the turn, Lily has restored some of herself and began significantly chipping away at Missingno.’s. She has less energy than it, but for now, your challenger is still asleep. What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You are evidently taken aback that Missingno. knows Bind, but while Myrtle was aware that it was a possibility, she did not see it coming. Desperate times calls for desperate measures, something that you have conveyed to the Shuppet in her mother tongue. You have ordered Lily to use Sleep Powder first, something which you haven’t had luck in recently, but this time, it appears to work. The silver glitter falls all over and around your enemy, and it falls into an unscheduled slumber.

This is the time you use to recuperate some of Lily’s lost health, and Giga Drain does just that. Again, however, the flying resistance doesn’t help you, but it’s something, and the Sludge Wave smacks against the great wall of pixels. At the end of the turn, Lily has restored some of herself and began significantly chipping away at Missingno.’s. She has less energy than it, but for now, your challenger is still asleep. What do you do?
    "OK, Lily, you're doing great," Keith called.

"Moth... Moth..." panted Lily in response.

"I think you had bet-ter be care-ful of her en-er-gy, Keith," advised Helena. "Per-haps you should switch?"

"To what?" asked Keith. "Anything else I got is gonna be even worse off than Lily, she's the highest level thing I got on hand right now. No, it's her that's gotta finish it," he stated. "Besides, it looks like she's doing a good number on Missingno.'s health. Alright, Lily, let's use Sludge Wave again! Follow it up with Silver Wind, and if Missingno. wakes up at any point, hit it with a Supersonic!

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's January Update #30

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You cheer on Lily, who is indeed doing great, but she’s clearly tired. Helena suggests that maybe you should switch, but the fact is, the journey so far has already taken a great toll on your team. Lily’s your strongest member, and she has to be the one to finish this. Even through your chatter and executions, Missingno. sleeps through, taking on the barrage of attacks sent by your Venomoth.

It wakes up, and Lily uses her trusty Supersonic, but this round, the bright blue waves appear to do no good. You grimace, and the large enemy fights back with another Water Gun, which strikes Lily good and centre. You have no idea how much energy Missingno. will have left to fight with: its flying is unlimited, and normal attacks don’t take much at all, but the water attacks must have an end point eventually. Lily’s probably hurt worse than Missingno. still at this point, but there’s an ending in sight – a good one – if only you and your friends can persevere. What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: You cheer on Lily, who is indeed doing great, but she’s clearly tired. Helena suggests that maybe you should switch, but the fact is, the journey so far has already taken a great toll on your team. Lily’s your strongest member, and she has to be the one to finish this. Even through your chatter and executions, Missingno. sleeps through, taking on the barrage of attacks sent by your Venomoth.

It wakes up, and Lily uses her trusty Supersonic, but this round, the bright blue waves appear to do no good. You grimace, and the large enemy fights back with another Water Gun, which strikes Lily good and centre. You have no idea how much energy Missingno. will have left to fight with: its flying is unlimited, and normal attacks don’t take much at all, but the water attacks must have an end point eventually. Lily’s probably hurt worse than Missingno. still at this point, but there’s an ending in sight – a good one – if only you and your friends can persevere. What do you do?
    Keith grimaced as Lily's Supersonic had no effect whatsoever. He knew that if there were any more Sky Attacks to come, they wouldn't have any end point- Missingno. would have limitless energy for those moves. Not unlike... Not unlike how Lily would have limitless energy for her Poison and Bug moves.

"What is the stra-te-gy now?" asked Myrtle.

"Well, Lily's not gonna run out of Poison energy," Keith muttered. "And Sludge Wave is her strongest move..."

"You might want to do some-thing a-bout Mis-sing-no.'s mo-bi-li-ty, first," suggested Helena.

Keith nodded. "Right you are, Helena. OK, Lily, use Stun Spore, and follow it up with two Sludge Waves!"

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Shell Harbour

LASL: You already feel like you’re on your last legs. It’s hard to breathe, you’re feeling heavy, tired and there’s a burning in your chest. Unfortunately, you can’t afford to stop now, and as pathetic as you feel, you decide that sympathy is the best tactic. “H- help! P- p- please! I... I... got STUCK in the... inth, STORm!” You start, hoping that you can be heard over the powerful gales. At first it seems like nobody’s heard you, and then a sailor decked out in mostly white comes out of one of the nearby pubs.

“Hey, kid?” He asks, looking down at you. His belly’s big, but you get the impression from his arms and legs that some of it may be muscle and not fat, “What’re you doing screaming out there? Come on inside out of the rain! Are you crazy?” Before he can demean you more or shut the door on you, you tremble your way inside, where it is dry and considerably warmer. It’s dark, and whilst not silent, it isn’t as busy as other establishments might be. Most of the guests are either loners or regulars from the same gang.

“You got money for a drink? Get something warm.” The stranger advises, returning to his spot where a coffee awaits him. You’re attracting attention already with many eyes on you, and you haven’t even spoken or done anything weird yet! What do you do?

((Lol, so it is. Sorry about that. So many nicknames and I don't always check.))

The warmth was surprisingly refreshing after El's 'small' sprint, and it was nice to have some attention. Although it took until that to realise that assuming everywhere was closed was a silly idea. Oops. Still, she was warming up, albeit still soaking and the people seemed nice enough although some of them didn't quite look it.

"Th-thank you sir. Sorry about the racket, I'm in a bit of trouble at the moment." She sneezed. Ugh, worst time to get sickly, hopefully it would pass. "I have some money, yeah, does this place do hot chocolate?" She sat herself down on the nearest seat and began explaining herself. "I was up at Suicune's Effigy when the storm began... I, uh, found a good place to watch the storm form but it reached me faster than I was expecting. I ran here after that." Sure, she left out a few details and smudged a few facts, but would they believe her if she claimed she saw Suicune? Much less with the reason she was in such a hurry.

Speaking of, no time like the present to get cracking on that. "Oh, and, uh... I know the weather's pretty rough right now, but I need to do something and I have a bit under twenty-four hours to do it." Her temporal estimate was probably off, maybe it hadn't been a smart idea to ignore mama's suggestion of a watch. "Is there any way I might be able to cross the sea now?"

Default Meetan's January Updates #31

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Hindering Missingno.’s mobility is your plan thanks to Helena, but Lily moves in for a Stun Spore and fails miserably, the dust shot away by another well timed Water Gun. You don’t know if it’s going easy, or even mocking you, but you know that once the water energy runs low or out, it may start relying on more brutal tactics. You have no choice but to turn the tables, and the two Sludge Waves help to do exactly that. The gloopy purple substance is sticking all over its body, although it has yet to inflict poison after all these attempts.

Missingno. screeches unpleasantly. The damage taken is beginning to look significant, and while it is not equal, it soon could be. A win is still possible – or is it? You watch in horror as the block-like monster rises up into the sky, enveloping itself in that aura before zooming for Lily. The attack almost hits – almost, but the dual-type is skimmed by a hair’s breadth, taking minimal pain whilst Missingno. crashes into the sand beneath the shallow waters.

Groaning, it pulls itself up, dizzied by its accident, but undoubtedly serious. It has no intention to lose. What will you do?

Shell Harbour

LASL: Following the man in, you apologise for the racket. It was a silly assumption to believe that everywhere was going to be closed because of a storm, when only the sea and therefore the boats and perhaps flights would logically be affected. The bartender states that he can make a hot chocolate if that’s what you want, and taking your money, sets to your order.

Recounting your tale to the sailor chap, you sound either hesitant or still full of shivers. A few facts had been smudged and details erased, but you simply can’t see your saviour or anyone else with the wont to eavesdrop believing in your task or the Suicune that revealed himself before you.

“A way to cross the sea, huh?” The man repeats gruffly, glancing at the bartender, who was kind enough to bring the large mug of hot chocolate over to the table. It has plenty of whipped cream and marshmallows. “Well, if you have a water Pokemon and some nerve, you could cross. Otherwise, you’ll have to borrow one, or maybe pay to get someone to take ya.” He explains, looking around, “Someone might in here. I might. Depends where you’re going, and exactly when in those twenty four hours you wanna go.”

What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Hindering Missingno.’s mobility is your plan thanks to Helena, but Lily moves in for a Stun Spore and fails miserably, the dust shot away by another well timed Water Gun. You don’t know if it’s going easy, or even mocking you, but you know that once the water energy runs low or out, it may start relying on more brutal tactics. You have no choice but to turn the tables, and the two Sludge Waves help to do exactly that. The gloopy purple substance is sticking all over its body, although it has yet to inflict poison after all these attempts.

Missingno. screeches unpleasantly. The damage taken is beginning to look significant, and while it is not equal, it soon could be. A win is still possible – or is it? You watch in horror as the block-like monster rises up into the sky, enveloping itself in that aura before zooming for Lily. The attack almost hits – almost, but the dual-type is skimmed by a hair’s breadth, taking minimal pain whilst Missingno. crashes into the sand beneath the shallow waters.

Groaning, it pulls itself up, dizzied by its accident, but undoubtedly serious. It has no intention to lose. What will you do?
    Keith gasped as Missingno. rose up for yet another Sky Attack, but sighed in relief as the vast majority of the move missed completely. Though Missingno. was clearly in no mood to lose, the failed attack still rendered it dezed for the moment, and Keith seized his chance immediately.

"Now, Lily!" he exclaimed. "Stun Spore right now!! Then use two more Sludge Waves!" He knew his best chance was to get off a Stun Spore while Missingno. was too dizzy to fight it off.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Shell Harbour

LASL: Following the man in, you apologise for the racket. It was a silly assumption to believe that everywhere was going to be closed because of a storm, when only the sea and therefore the boats and perhaps flights would logically be affected. The bartender states that he can make a hot chocolate if that’s what you want, and taking your money, sets to your order.

Recounting your tale to the sailor chap, you sound either hesitant or still full of shivers. A few facts had been smudged and details erased, but you simply can’t see your saviour or anyone else with the wont to eavesdrop believing in your task or the Suicune that revealed himself before you.

“A way to cross the sea, huh?” The man repeats gruffly, glancing at the bartender, who was kind enough to bring the large mug of hot chocolate over to the table. It has plenty of whipped cream and marshmallows. “Well, if you have a water Pokemon and some nerve, you could cross. Otherwise, you’ll have to borrow one, or maybe pay to get someone to take ya.” He explains, looking around, “Someone might in here. I might. Depends where you’re going, and exactly when in those twenty four hours you wanna go.”

What do you do?

Ah, chocolate, its endorphin-releasing embrace was always welcome. Not that the sugary drink was helping El's heart-rate much, but on the plus side all the jittering would help her warm up faster. And it had been far to long since her last marshmallow, only half made it in the drink before her mouth. By the time she was half-way done with the drink she was already feeling much better. It was also around this time that she remembered that she probably owed a response to the nice man's answer.

"Yeah, I thought of pokemon. I have a seel, but I wouldn't exactly say that either of us have nerve." She shuffled around on her seat a bit, trying to get comfortable sitting on her wet clothes. And had a marshmallow for good measure. "As for when and where... As soon as possible would be great. While I was watching the storm I saw this big... castly-thingy come up out of the ocean." A sip of hot chocolate, never enough chocolate. "Don't ask me how I know, you probably wouldn't believe me but... I need to get there or something bad will happen."

El shuffled about and was half-tempted to bring out her purrloin, Colm, just for something warm and fluffy to hug as she gauged everyone's reactions. She didn't though, it would be kinda rude, especially not knowing the establishment's stance on pokemon indoors. And he would probably 'thank' her with liberal scratching. Not a chance in hell the feline would appreciate a wet hug.

OOC: Sorry to have taken so long with y'all. University and illness has kept me back, as you know. I'm on the mend now and not back until just before February university-wise, so now that I've written through the writers block, I hope to be more regular again! Let's do this!

Laguna Lake

Plight of Leon: Christopher watches patiently as you type, sending and receiving important emails with the sister of a strong gym leader. A Poke Ball materialises out of thin air, containing Black Dynamite, a Sawk that you had obtained in a trade not too long ago.

“I will. I promise.” He seems reluctant to leave you, even though you have a protector of your own now beside the Seismitoad. “Like I said, the doctors will be on their way soon. I’ll contact a colleague, too, and see if someone will swing by.” He added, smiling. “Come on, Surgei, we should go before this gets more out of hand. Take care, Blaze.”

With that, the Ranger makes a move. The door closes beyond your little rehabilitation room, and the dual-type joins yours as the adventure takes its direction through the forest and towards the nests of the uncontrollable Ursaring and Teddiursa.

What will Surgei do?

As the ranger closed the door to the shack and Surgei left Blaze, he was struck by a pang of indecision. He was wary about leaving Blaze all by himself, especially with his hands they way that they are. Blaze had allowed him to go, but he was unsure of whether or not he wanted to go. But, he made a resolve then to carry out his own wishes, and he knew that Blaze could handle himself fine enough, and went buzzing ahead, ready to do some surveillance. The problem was is that the many trees in the area made it difficult to see, and while Surgei was perched one a branch in one of the trees, his body nearly completely flat against it and his wings silent, he realized that he couldn't find anything. At least nothing that he could find that seem like it would be useful. A little ticked off by this fact, Surgei flies down from the tree branch towards the ranger and his Seismitoad. He had grown stronger really quickly for some reason...and he reasoned it might be because of Blaze's organization device; it had a habit of glitching out every once in a while.

As he approached the ranger, he asked the question, "So, how much further till we reach the waterfalls and the Ursaring nests? And is there anything you want me to do in the meantime, ranger? I would to be of some help. It is difficult to see with the trees." Surgei hovered in front of the ranger, a true marvel of flight. He wings beat furiously, creating a sharp buzzing noise. It was once said that a Yanmega taking off in flight uprooted trees...but that was probably myth. Right?

Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Default Meetan's March Updates #1

((Here you go, darlings. About time, yes? I'm home from uni, so updates will hopefully be more frequent now if my condition behaves itself! Enjoy!))

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Taking the first opening you have, you go for Stun Spore again. Missingno. lifts up into the air for another Sky Attack, but the status affliction is already hindering, and it flops back down into the water with a great splash. Lily flutters her wings with surprise to try and shake off the water dampening her wings before casting off another two Sludge Waves, which crash into the great enemy’s back. Even now, the enemy remains without poisoning – and will for as long as paralysis is in effect.

It is struggling now, quite obviously. It gets back up and fires a haphazard Water Gun, one which the Venomoth narrowly dodges, the spray clipping her antennae. With that, its water energy is spent – but that only means the worst for you. Missingno. stands back up, letting out an agitated screech. The battle is reaching its climax. Can Lily beat it alone? What do you do?

Shell Harbour

LASL: You elaborate on your situation, and the whole pub is staring at you now (or at least, the ones not too wrapped up in their situation to pay you any mind). “A castle from the sea? Where’d you see that?” It was in plain view, but they’ve all been indoors too long to notice it. The sailor who had fetched you had been preoccupied. “If you don’t think you and your Seel have much nerve, then how will you handle something like that by yourself?”

“I’d suggest a Ranger. If it’s a life or death situation maybe one’ve them’ll risk taken ya.” The sailor pipes up now. There are no Pokemon in the place, but that might be because a lot of them would be water-types. Sea farers usually had a lot of those. “Otherwise maybe rent a boat or ask someone to sail ya’cross. With the right money or loot crazy people’ll do anything.” He gives no indication if he’s one of the madmen, or simply offering verbal assistance. “Or maybe use another Pokemon. A dragon or tough bird that can handle the weather if yer Seel can’t.”

They aren’t sure that they believe your story’s plot twist, evidently, but they’re trying to help you. What do you do?

Laguna Lake

Plight of Leon: The ranger considers Surgei’s offer, his brows furrowing as he looks upon the impressive Yanmega. Christopher had a brisk walking pace, so whilst the Pokemon had been buzzing around, a decent amount of ground had been covered. “Not far to go now. It’s those cliffs, just over there.” He points forward, to the towering rock and earth formation in the distance. Water is rushing down from somewhere, so the destination couldn’t take a straight line. “They live outside and in the caves round there. If you follow the direction of the water sound, maybe you could do some surveillance and report back to me? Then we’ll know that we aren’t walking right into trouble. Or, maybe that we are...” He laughed a little nervously, but kept going with his partner nonetheless.

Further away by the nests, a cluster of Ursaring and Teddiursa are lounging around, the parents watching the children play. Pieces of material and accessories suggest that the Pokemon have been pillaging a lot recently, but there’s no clear indication as to why. Maybe there’s no underlying source of the problem after all – and a bad family of bears have moved in! What does Surgei do?

((Here you go, darlings. About time, yes? I'm home from uni, so updates will hopefully be more frequent now if my condition behaves itself! Enjoy!))

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Taking the first opening you have, you go for Stun Spore again. Missingno. lifts up into the air for another Sky Attack, but the status affliction is already hindering, and it flops back down into the water with a great splash. Lily flutters her wings with surprise to try and shake off the water dampening her wings before casting off another two Sludge Waves, which crash into the great enemy’s back. Even now, the enemy remains without poisoning – and will for as long as paralysis is in effect.

It is struggling now, quite obviously. It gets back up and fires a haphazard Water Gun, one which the Venomoth narrowly dodges, the spray clipping her antennae. With that, its water energy is spent – but that only means the worst for you. Missingno. stands back up, letting out an agitated screech. The battle is reaching its climax. Can Lily beat it alone? What do you do?
    As Keith had hoped, Missingno. needing to recover from the missed Sky Attack was exactly the opening they needed. Lily's Stun Spore had done its job, and the following Sludge Waves both met their mark.

"You do know they will not poi-son it be-cause of the pa-ra-ly-sis, right?" Myrtle asked Keith.

Keith nodded. "Doesn't matter," he replied. "The paralysis is still restraining Missingno., and that's what matters. We can still pull this off! Lily, Harden attack! Then go for Confusion, and follow up with Sludge Wave!"

"I ne-ver un-der-stood that, though," Helena murmured. "Why would pa-ra-ly-sis pre-vent poi-so-ning?"

Keith shrugged. "I don't know," he responded. "All I know is, it does, and it's something to bear in mind during battles."
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 28th March 2013 at 4:41 PM.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Shell Harbour

LASL: You elaborate on your situation, and the whole pub is staring at you now (or at least, the ones not too wrapped up in their situation to pay you any mind). “A castle from the sea? Where’d you see that?” It was in plain view, but they’ve all been indoors too long to notice it. The sailor who had fetched you had been preoccupied. “If you don’t think you and your Seel have much nerve, then how will you handle something like that by yourself?”

“I’d suggest a Ranger. If it’s a life or death situation maybe one’ve them’ll risk taken ya.” The sailor pipes up now. There are no Pokemon in the place, but that might be because a lot of them would be water-types. Sea farers usually had a lot of those. “Otherwise maybe rent a boat or ask someone to sail ya’cross. With the right money or loot crazy people’ll do anything.” He gives no indication if he’s one of the madmen, or simply offering verbal assistance. “Or maybe use another Pokemon. A dragon or tough bird that can handle the weather if yer Seel can’t.”

They aren’t sure that they believe your story’s plot twist, evidently, but they’re trying to help you. What do you do?

Life or death, urp. Now that El was sitting down and talking about this whole unexpected crazy call-it-what-you-will and the adrenaline was wearing of the severity of everything was starting to sink in. She did her best to still her trembling hands (nobody cares if peoples' legs jitter, right?) before responding. No point in being rude to the nice people, after all.

"Well, uh," deep breaths, deep breaths, "I saw it! I was watching the storm and out of the sea came this great big castley thingy! And there was... a guy who said, er, something bad would happen if I didn't face my fear and go there. So..." She had to look away and close her eyes, let her thoughts steady for a moment before continuing. "So even though I'm not very brave and my pokémon aren't very strong, I don't really have much of a choice."

Rangers, now there was an idea. Wasn't there something in the news a while back about them doing something something blah blah legendary pokémon? Not sure, she was never one to pay much attention to the news beyond small snippets she heard from the TV while she was reading whatever textbook had caught her mind at the time. They seemed nice and approachable though, not that the sailors were proving to be otherwise, but a ranger's experience with pokémon may prove helpful. And crazy people sounded... disconcerting. Squishy was bad enough to be around.

Speaking of... "Um, I do have a ditto, I guess I could probably have it take me if worst comes to worst. But it'd need a reference, all it can really do reliably are my teammates and my biggest one is a scyther." Wait you can fly on dragon types? Ooh, maybe she could-- no, focus El! "So uhh," down went the last few dregs of hot chocolate, little more than lukewarm powdery milk, "where might I find a ranger? I'm not from around here, I wouldn't know where to start. This is a pokémon-related life-or-death issue so they seem like the people to turn to."

Default Whale Island - 3o

Going back to classic rapid fire here. Which means tentatively capping myself at 300 words per update following this update until I get the hang of it, although I encourage you to write more if you want to – just keep up with the good standard

Raine's Wildlife Park

Son of Shadows: A great shadow starts to cast over Shamu Stadium as the Wailord slowly gains altitude, your next volley of orders barely audible over the chopping blades. The crowd had been safely evacuated but Raine was nowhere in sight. It was up to you to stop that chopper and the only thing standing in your way was the skirmish ahead. The enemy Corphish is first off the bat, prying open its pincer to fire off another Bubblebeam pelting Voltron for another decent hit. The magnet is sent skyward a few feet before ricocheting back down – its poles enveloped in electricity as it discharges another powerful Thunderbolt. The electricity hits its mark revealing a rather fried-looking lobster... Meanwhile Poochyena dashes forward ready to pounce but Aegis has other ideas. As the canine lowers its head ready to Take Down its foe the snapping turtle swats him away with a sweep of his Tail, the Aquatic collision sending it yapping in pain. The Corphish shows it isn’t out for the count just yet, scuttling toward Voltron and swinging its crabhammer. Kicking off the floor with its tailfin the crawdad meets the Magnemite with a critical Rock Smash, leaving a chip in the Pokémon’s lens as it careers toward the bleachers. Tilting its magnets rearward Voltron propels itself forward with a look of determination in its eye, crackling with electricity as it doles out another Thunderbolt. The lightning arcs downward, coursing through the crustacean’s shell armour as it screeches in pain. Struggling to keep its balance it wouldn’t take a lot to finish the Corphish, but the same couldn’t be said for Poochyena. The hyena jumps to its feet and skirts down the stadium, Fangs bare and crackling with Thunder. Aegis has other plans, scatting at the floor in an evasive manoeuvre... however his webbed claws are unable to Dig through the concrete, leaving him an open target as the pooch bites down hard on his tail! Aegis gives a cry as the canine sinks its teeth in, sparks flying up and down the turtle’s body. With the fight reaching a climax you look ahead to the red-haired grunt with frustration written all over her face. A mighty wail from above breaks your concentration, rain falling down as Shamu lets loose a Water Spout in efforts to gun down the helicopter. The apache careers out of its ascent attempting to steady – you didn’t have much time before it was back on course. You needed to finish things and fast...

The Caverns

Flashfusion: Whilst you’d taken out more of the enemy’s side your clean streak had hit some turbulence as the army of Golett obliterate your greatest weapon with Neptune biting the dust. You couldn’t count on a safe win without the turtle, quickly rushing to its side and prying open his jaw as he struggled to regain consciousness and slipping a Revive in his mouth. A few seconds roll by before Neptune lets out a gasp for air, eyes cracking open weakly as he stumbles to his feet. He was still heavily bruised but back in the fight, giving you the confidence to volley another round of orders. First off the bat Larry starts pawing at the ground, kicking up golden coins as he Digs a tunnel into enemy territory. Above ground, Nahkriin charges forward tail swinging as he sweeps up the most beaten-looking sentinel – the aquatic collision knocking its helmet straight off for a clean knockout! With three targets remaining Boing creates a green orb of Energy bowling it toward the central Golett. The Ball hits the it in the gut, the robot giving off a mild rattle before marching forwards. Neptune chooses this round to sit out, creating a Ring of Aqua spheres orbiting around his carapace. Your eyes sweep across the enemy lines as the golem swing their arms in unison, letting off another volley of Shadow Punches launched at Nahkriin, Boing and Neptune chipping away a decent chunk of their hit points. With a rumble beneath its feet the middle sentinel lets out a strange noise signalling its confusion, Larry suddenly emerging sending coins flying everywhere! The metal monster’s forepaw glazes over in Shadow energy, Clawing at the machine’s base for another huge hit. The two break apart with Larry nostrils flaring in fatigue, barely standing whilst the same can’t be said for its adversary that topples into pieces. As the round comes to a close one of Neptune’s orbs breaks away restoring a portion of health. Glancing ahead your heart skips a beat as the Golett cup their hands in unison charging a barrage of Shadow Balls! Two down and two to go – the real challenge now was keeping any of your allies from fainting. What will you do?

Hydro-Electric Dam

Myahoo: Ears ringing you stumble forward, struggling to keep balance as the room slowly spins into focus. The smoke had faded and there were two Pokéballs left on the grid, Volkner confident that all the explosives had been tricked leaving no risk of another detonation. Still you can’t help wince as you wrap your fingers around the red-white sphere, hand shuddering as you prized it from its position. Seconds roll by in silence before you open your eyes, spotting a large switch where the Pokéball had just been that had to control the force field. Your heart skips a beat as the Pokéball cracks open, containing a Max Revive which you hastily pocket – a sneaking suspicion that you’d need it for whatever the room ahead had in store... Volkner sends you a weak smile, his blue eyes shifting to the power switch. He nods seriously, enough of a signal for you to push the button. Both hands press down on the metal toggle, and after a few seconds of struggling the control gives off a click – pressing down until its level with the rest of the floor. Whilst you struggle to hear out of one ear the other registers a faint hum of something powering down. Volkner limps to the doorway, barely able to stand as he signals you to follow, “this way...”

As you climb up the familiar flight of stairs you can’t help feeling more broken than when you’d decent. You were a man down and Volkner looked ready to collapse again at any second. He dismisses any help as he wobbles down the conduit, “I got us into this mess...” Seconds turn to minutes with each whimper adding to your unease, eventually reaching the fork in the path were Volkner quickly leans against a wall for support. Your eyes fix on the heavy double doors before moving to the force field which had been deactivated, the two poles cold and silent. The gym leader pushes away from the wall shuffling through his pockets and prizing a Pokéball. He tosses it against the tiled floor creating a burst of white light – an Electivire thumping its chest as it materialises. The monster waits for Volkner’s command, sparks flying from its cable-like tail as it clenches its fists.

“Electivire, take down that door!” Volkner points forward, coaxing you to follow his finger toward the blast door that the Thunderbolt Pokémon had already began charging towards. Arms churning with electricity it suddenly delivers a left jab followed by a powerful right hook, the Thunder Punches creating huge dents in the metal door. The Pokémon finishes with a final swing of his fist against the crack, Breaking its hinge and sending the doors toppling like a tonne of Bricks! Whilst the show of power was impressive, it was nothing compared to what lay beyond the doors – quickly following the yellow beast into the generator room while Volkner limped in tow. Breaking through the threshold your eyes take a second to adjust to the natural sunlight breaking through a huge fissure in the ceiling. The room was tall and circular, but far more neglected than its schematics made out. You find yourself on a railed platform circling a giant construct humming with electricity which could only be the main power generator. Several open cables dangled from cracks in the wall, sparks flying and threatening to shock anyone who drew too close. Most of the control boxes and computer terminals had been destroyed, shattered glass strewn across the lower level with the functioning monitors flickering and screeching wildly. Lost in the world of circuits a yellow feather suddenly drifts into view dashing your thoughts as it gracefully descends. Looking for its source your eyes follow the generator up to its peak, eyes straining as your neck starts to ache... Then it came into focus. A huge bird had nested on the generator, its black and yellow plumage pulsing with electricity as it roosted. Its spiky feathers appeared to be made of lightning, its beak sharp enough to pierce through thick metal which you could only link to the room’s destruction. You turn to face Volkner, whose eyes seemed to twinkle in awe rather than fear. Only a handful of people had come face to face with one of the legendary birds and you two could count yourselves one of them.

“This explains everything”, Volkner remarks in his best efforts to whisper, “Zapdos has chosen this dam as its nest due to the abundance of electricity... But all the excess energy it’s discharging has made the equipment go haywire. This explains the behaviour of the local electric Pokémon...” The gym leaders eyes dart across the room, spotting two computer terminals on the left and right side of the generator – still functioning by the looks of it, “We need to disable the generator first then work out a way of getting rid of Zapdos. The power generator has given that bird enough juice to blow the whole dam – we can’t risk waking it up...” The gym leader then points to the left and right pathways, “The power is controlled by these terminals. We’ve breached most of their security so they shouldn’t be hard to crack into. I’ll stand guard and look at ousting the Zapdos while you work on that, alright?” The blond adolescent begins patrolling the platform, coaxing you to head to the first terminal. Pacing down the platform you do your best to keep your breathing steady, stepping over any loose spark plugs without waking the Zapdos. You eventually reach the computer terminal, booting it up with the dusty screen flickering on and your heart skipping a beat as an 8-Bit sound echoes from the speakers. Luckily it isn’t loud enough to rouse the sleeping legendary. Focusing back on the monitor, an arcade game flashes on screen. Your eyes shift down to the controls, it looked as though you’d need to beat the game to activate the command prompt...

Play Joltic’s Super Circuit! and post up your score in your reply. If you have any problems with this let me know.

Kakatua Lagoon

Balmund: I feel like I originally had this plot twist envisioned a few more updates into the battle... Oh well :P

Pushed against the ropes by the heavyweight sponge, could the underdog rise to the challenge? You clench your fists, knuckles still raw from the enemy’s rough skin as you wrack together a more strategic counter. You’d need your wits to match up to the goliath as it closes in with a Dynamic Punch! You’re quick to repel the attack by Twisting your tail creating a vicious typhoon of draconic energy. The twister blocks Porossal’s branch-like arm, sending its whole body pivoting back a few meters before dispersing. Still anchored to the ground the giant sponge looks around for its prey, but it had gone leaving a few bubbles in its wake. The Pokémon lets loose a nasty roar, scanning the perimeter and daring you to approach from any angle. You’d made it to its blind spot, perched against a dungeon wall on its rear. Your gills daren’t slip open as you hold your breath, seizing the element of surprise as you scope out a chink in the sea monster’s armour. Red eyes fixing on the Pokémon’s roots you fill your lungs with oxygen breaking the deadly silence as you let loose a flurry of Draconic flames. The wildfire rushes down the seabed enveloping one of the Porossal’s roots and leaving it thoroughly torched. The Pokémon lets loose a mangled scream of Rage and agony, firing out Rocks from all of its holes in retaliation. The giant boulders Blast in every direction and whilst you manage to veer past one of the rocks there’s no escaping the next one which hits you in the stomach, crushing you against the wall before breaking apart. There’s no describing the immense pain of the collision as you grip onto your broken ribcage, something about rocks didn’t agree with your newfound anatomy.

The throbbing only seems to fuel your raw inhibition as you swim toward the giant sponge, a great concentration of energy filling your chest and rising up your throat, nostrils flaring gold as a Hyper Beam spews from your mouth, swelling in size as it homes in on the enemy. The attack hits the Porossal head on, steadying yourself with your tailfin as the pressure pushes you rearward. A few seconds roll by and the colossal Pokémon starts to give way, roots snapping under its immense weight, the beam finally ploughing through the Pokémon as its roar echoes through the arena. With a mighty thud the whole dungeon is enveloped in a cloud of dust. You splutter in blind efforts to clear the smoke, ears straining to catch sound of the enemy. But by the time you do it was too late... A large shadow appears out of nowhere as another Rock sweeps you up Blasting you into a wall for another huge hit. Blood was pouring from your nose, a black eye making it impossible to see from your left. All your fighting spirit seemed to drain away, gills flaring with your body too fatigued to move. You can’t help wincing in defeat as another boulder comes hurtling from the dust... Suddenly! Another mercreature swerves into view, figure blurred but her scarlet locks unmistakeable. The siren starts glowing as she projects a Safeguard ahead of you both, the chain of rocks crumbling away against the translucent bubble. The mermaid turns to you with a look that wasn’t sinister or flirtatious – for the first time she looked concerned.

“We need to work together to finish him!”

Cascade Waterfall

Kaisap: Seconds tick by as you stand at the obstacle scratching your head, sapphire gem light breaking down on the spider’s web – thick as cable and impossible to slip through. At a loss for a way through you leave the fate your in the capable hands of your local Pokémon Ranger. Whilst you were already tired of Deadalus’s antics, a ranger who was far more suited to a lab than the field, you decide to stick to his plan in taming one of the resident cave dwellers. The amateur ranger nods, “Oh I-I shouldn’t need any h-help”. With an awkward grin Deadalus strolls away from the giant web, brandishing his capture styler as he breaches a section of the tunnel with a good deposit of Ferroseed, “You see, uh Ferroseed are a m-member of the Xanthium genus capable of attaching to cave walls w-with their spikes to absorb minerals, but that’s not all their spikes can be u-used for...” Hand shaking slightly he begins making circular motions with the instrument until a white circle begins to form. You quickly deduct that the immobile species of Pokémon is quite possibly the easiest Pokémon to capture as it makes not effort to evade the encompassing rings. The ring closes in on the thorny Pokémon signalling a capture, the Ferroseed detaching from cave ceiling and landing on the floor rolling in tow as you reach the thick net of webbing. You glance toward the ranger who’s fixed pensively on the web – eyes darting to certain areas as he mumbles in deep concentration.

“That ought to do it”, he remarks, “F-Ferroseed, use Gyroball at the base of the web!” The Pokémon’s yellow eyes give no indication of its acknowledgement, however you hastily stand back as it begins to spin on its axis kicking up dirt as it ploughs forward quickly gaining momentum. Vrooming past you feel a fleeting breeze as its sharp spikes slice through the air, reaching rapid g-force as it meets the web! What happened next was comparable to rolling up a ball of yarn after Noriko had unravelled it all – the seed Pokémon caught in the mesh with each rotation bringing more and more web toward it. By the time it’d finished spinning the Ferroseed had doubled in size, covered in string and unable to move. Whilst it had taken care of the obstacle you can’t help feeling sympathetic. This emotion is fleeting however, a loud scuttling catching your attention sending shivers down your spine. Eyes sweeping to find the source of the noise you quickly spot a fissure, freshly torn web dangling down from it. Suddenly! Focusing in on the crack you almost double over in shock as a pair of mandibles emerge from the darkness, six beady blue eyes dawning down on you menacingly! The Galvantula crawls out of its cave, having sensed the vibrations in its web and looking to feed on its prey. You struggle to keep a fix on it as it scuttles across the ceiling, sparks dancing up and down its fur as its fangs chatter hungrily. You look across to Deadalus; pale face and paralysed in fear, then to Noriko; hissing wildly with her tail raised high. The tarantula seems to have singled out the most appetising slab of meat as it shoots off a String Shot at Noreko, swatting it on the back and attempting to lasso it into its clutches... What will you do?!
    Last edited by Emp; 24th May 2013 at 1:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine's Wildlife Park

Son of Shadows: A great shadow starts to cast over Shamu Stadium as the Wailord slowly gains altitude, your next volley of orders barely audible over the chopping blades. The crowd had been safely evacuated but Raine was nowhere in sight. It was up to you to stop that chopper and the only thing standing in your way was the skirmish ahead. The enemy Corphish is first off the bat, prying open its pincer to fire off another Bubblebeam pelting Voltron for another decent hit. The magnet is sent skyward a few feet before ricocheting back down – its poles enveloped in electricity as it discharges another powerful Thunderbolt. The electricity hits its mark revealing a rather fried-looking lobster... Meanwhile Poochyena dashes forward ready to pounce but Aegis has other ideas. As the canine lowers its head ready to Take Down its foe the snapping turtle swats him away with a sweep of his Tail, the Aquatic collision sending it yapping in pain. The Corphish shows it isn’t out for the count just yet, scuttling toward Voltron and swinging its crabhammer. Kicking off the floor with its tailfin the crawdad meets the Magnemite with a critical Rock Smash, leaving a chip in the Pokémon’s lens as it careers toward the bleachers. Tilting its magnets rearward Voltron propels itself forward with a look of determination in its eye, crackling with electricity as it doles out another Thunderbolt. The lightning arcs downward, coursing through the crustacean’s shell armour as it screeches in pain. Struggling to keep its balance it wouldn’t take a lot to finish the Corphish, but the same couldn’t be said for Poochyena. The hyena jumps to its feet and skirts down the stadium, Fangs bare and crackling with Thunder. Aegis has other plans, scatting at the floor in an evasive manoeuvre... however his webbed claws are unable to Dig through the concrete, leaving him an open target as the pooch bites down hard on his tail! Aegis gives a cry as the canine sinks its teeth in, sparks flying up and down the turtle’s body. With the fight reaching a climax you look ahead to the red-haired grunt with frustration written all over her face. A mighty wail from above breaks your concentration, rain falling down as Shamu lets loose a Water Spout in efforts to gun down the helicopter. The apache careers out of its ascent attempting to steady – you didn’t have much time before it was back on course. You needed to finish things and fast...

Damn, this just wasn't going well at all. He'd completely messed up once again, but at the very least, Voltron had the upper hand over Corphish. Aegis wasn't handling himself quite as well against Poochyena, mainly because Joshua had told him to try and dig through concrete. Why did he think that was a good idea again? Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. Shamu was struggling as best he could against the helicopter, but he was still somewhat sick after all. That Water Spout looked impressive, and Joshua had been slightly drenched by the spray - not that it made much difference, having only climbed out of the tank a moment ago. Still, he was probably going to catch a cold after all this. What fun. ... Yeah, Joshua so clearly had his priorities straight. Sigh. A wandering mind is a dangerous one - focus boy!

He needed to finish this fight, once and for all, and get after Shamu. Was there a way he could stall for time maybe? Oh, duh. He had Flying types. "Cloudy!" he called, throwing a Pokéball in the air, causing the small blue bird with cloud-like wings to appear in mid-air, "Get after that helicopter - use your Dragon Pulse to try and destabilise it some more, and follow up with Heat Wave to try and damage the net." The Swablu chirped in response, and darted off towards the giant metallic target.

Turning back to the battle, the obvious strategy was to finish off Corphish as quickly as he could so Voltron could help Aegis out. It seemed like he was getting close to fainting, so it might be time to regroup with a Softboiled. Seemed good. "Alright you two, we can finish this in no time. Voltron, zap that Corphish with Thunderbolt once more. If that finishes the job, fire a Magnet Bomb at Poochyena - if not, Sonicboom Corphish instead. Aegis, recover your health with Softboiled, and hit Poochyena with another Aqua Tail!"
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Default Meetan's June Updates #1

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Your hopes have been fulfilled. With Missingno. needing to recover from the failing Sky Attack, you had the opening you needed, and the barrage of attacks have caused some substantial wreckage to the paralyzed, mythological tetris block. Myrtle gives you an important reminder: if it’s paralysed, it can’t be poisoned, which is fair enough. This leads into a brief conversation about what to remember in battles, the type of theory that you likely learned from parents and older friends in your youth, and Pokemon school classes and lectures, whatever the age. Ah, the adventure has definitely been a nostalgic. Remember those simpler days, before you were a trainer? When you almost drowned in the ocean? Yeah...

Lily uses the Harden attack that you order, her lavender body building up its defence, as Missingno.’s sparking form lifts up into the air. If another Sky Attack gets her, chances are, your Venomoth could be down for the count – but wait! That status condition is quite the bite, and once again, it comes crashing down into the water, sinking into the glitch blocks of sand, water spraying everywhere. Your team member takes her shot, flying in for an expertly fired Confusion and Sludge Wave. Missingno. shudders, crying out deafeningly, before lying entirely flat. KO?

Not quite. As you take in your victory, relieved and proud and a little scared, Missingno. begins to peel itself from the ground, the odd patterns that make it up dirtied and clogged with sea foliage and dusty grains. It isn’t up for another round, it knows better – instead, it growls in appreciation for you and your Pokemon’s abilities, and it thanks you for your company. Next, although not necessarily obvious, it addresses the Shuppet at your side: it is aware that maybe, somewhere inside, she wants to return and stay in Glitch City, but you need her. And whether she is willing to admit it or recognise it for herself, the journey that she has embarked on with you has joined your bonds and her relationship with the rest of the team, like Lily. Missingno. can’t keep your company forever, Glitch City just isn’t suitable. But maybe, one day, you can come back again, and catch up.

You can’t capture Missingno, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be friends. So, what now?

Shell Harbour

LASL: The severity of the situation has finally started to weigh down on you, now that you’ve had time to warm yourself up and calm down a little bit. Still, your social cues are still lacking – quivering knees do go noticed, the only reason they’re being ignored is because everyone thinks you’re freezing.

Taking deep breaths, your story still hasn’t convinced anyone. There are too many ‘ums’ and ‘ers’, and you just come off as a little girl with an overactive imagination.

“There’s a Ranger’s post not far from here, on higher ground, towards the lake and wildlife park.” The same sailor told you, “But y’know, if you need a reference for your Ditto, you’ve probably got plenty here. Tentacruel, Pelliper, Noctowl – bet we’ve got all sorts your Pokemon can turn into to get through that storm. ‘Sides, if you’re all about facing your fears, it’d toughen you up to go alone. Might not be as safe, but in the end, it’s ourselves and our Pokemon we rely on when our crew can’t be there for us.” He looked around, those eavesdropping were nodding and mumbling their agreements. “Your choice, though.”

What do you do?

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: Your hopes have been fulfilled. With Missingno. needing to recover from the failing Sky Attack, you had the opening you needed, and the barrage of attacks have caused some substantial wreckage to the paralyzed, mythological tetris block. Myrtle gives you an important reminder: if it’s paralysed, it can’t be poisoned, which is fair enough. This leads into a brief conversation about what to remember in battles, the type of theory that you likely learned from parents and older friends in your youth, and Pokemon school classes and lectures, whatever the age. Ah, the adventure has definitely been a nostalgic. Remember those simpler days, before you were a trainer? When you almost drowned in the ocean? Yeah...

Lily uses the Harden attack that you order, her lavender body building up its defence, as Missingno.’s sparking form lifts up into the air. If another Sky Attack gets her, chances are, your Venomoth could be down for the count – but wait! That status condition is quite the bite, and once again, it comes crashing down into the water, sinking into the glitch blocks of sand, water spraying everywhere. Your team member takes her shot, flying in for an expertly fired Confusion and Sludge Wave. Missingno. shudders, crying out deafeningly, before lying entirely flat. KO?

Not quite. As you take in your victory, relieved and proud and a little scared, Missingno. begins to peel itself from the ground, the odd patterns that make it up dirtied and clogged with sea foliage and dusty grains. It isn’t up for another round, it knows better – instead, it growls in appreciation for you and your Pokemon’s abilities, and it thanks you for your company. Next, although not necessarily obvious, it addresses the Shuppet at your side: it is aware that maybe, somewhere inside, she wants to return and stay in Glitch City, but you need her. And whether she is willing to admit it or recognise it for herself, the journey that she has embarked on with you has joined your bonds and her relationship with the rest of the team, like Lily. Missingno. can’t keep your company forever, Glitch City just isn’t suitable. But maybe, one day, you can come back again, and catch up.

You can’t capture Missingno, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be friends. So, what now?
    Though Lily went into her Harden attack, Missingno.'s subsequent attempt at a Sky Attack failed due to the Bird/Normal-type's paralysis, and it fell back down into the water. Lily wasted no time here, and launched her Confusion, following up with a powerful Sludge Wave. The attacks landed, making Missingno. cry out and shudder, and it collapsed at last. Indeed, Keith had to resist the urge to pull a Poké Ball out of his backpack and throw it at the Missingno., and yet it wasn't quite knocked out. The massive creature picked itself up, and started speaking to them. Myrtle was quick to provide a translation- first, Missingno. was showing appreciation for Keith and his Pokémon's abilities, and thanking them for their company. Then, it was addressing Myrtle directly, saying that though it was likely she wanted to return and stay in Glitch City, the fact remained that Keith needed her.

"True e-nough," smirked Myrtle in response. "It is ve-ry temp-ting to stay here... but I can-not see how this one would func-tion with-out me to cor-rect his mo-ments of stu-pi-di-ty," she added, with a glance up at Keith, though her tone of voice wasn't nearly as biting or sarcastic as it usually was. Keith picked up at this and smiled at Myrtle, while Helena and Lily exchanged happy glances at this- this was more or less the most affection Myrtle had ever shown for Keith. Or the least contempt, anyway.

"Thanks, Myrtle," grinned Keith.

"Mis-sing-no. al-so sug-ges-ted that per-haps we could re-turn here some-time for a vis-it," continued Myrtle.

Keith nodded as he looked at Missingno. "I'd like that," he said, smiling. "I'd like that very much."

"It should go with-out say-ing, but so would I," added Myrtle.

"Me too," smiled Helena.

"Veno Venomoth," nodded Lily.

"Looks like we're all in agreement, then," Keith observed. "Well, Missingno., it was very nice meeting you, but if you could please send us back? Unless you'd like us to stay a little longer, of course," he added.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Default Meetan's June Updates #2

Glitch City

Missingno. Master: The four of you are all in agreement: one day, you will definitely return to Glitch City again. How far in the future, none of you know, or even if the Black Swan will be your gateway. Myrtle is staying with you, and as nice as it is to know... Moments of stupidity? Really? Some things never change.

Missingno. tips forward as a nod of acceptance, and screeches out a solemn goodbye before the landscape rumbles around you, blocks of data falling out of place. A feeling of nausea sweeps over the party, and everything begins to fade into a white light. Nothingness, and then, when you all come round not too long after... The room of the wrecked ship from before, the bad feeling that Myrtle had dissipated.

Instead, waiting for you in the room, is the bounty that you were hoping for: A comically glitched looking chest, that is even emitting a fizzing sound like a snowy television screen. Inside, if you wish to look, is a single Big Nugget for you to collect. So maybe your backpack hasn’t become obscenely heavy or broken from one pocket, but your wallet might later, if you’re so inclined...

Time to wrap the adventure up! What will you do?

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast