Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 425 of 698

Thread: Whale Island's Recorded History

  1. #401
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Crater Lake

    Itzatrap: The Blitzle’s hooves barely miss you by inches as you reel into the corner of the stable. As quick as it had leaped from its pen the foal was now cantering toward the exit, veering past the haystacks and boxes at breakneck speed. Thinking almost instinctively you brandish another Pokéball which cracks open on a mesh of hoof prints revealing the Keane the Scyther. Without a second to lose you toss the lasso to the Mantis who manages to wrap it around his scythe without cutting it – sending him in hot pursuit of the zebra. Keane’s wings flicker to blurs as he picks up off the ground, taking chase with a piercing buzz. Despite the significant head start, the bug proves to be the right Pokémon for the job as he zooms toward the stable doors at mach speed. He acrobatically arcs over the haystacks in his way, quickly closing the distance much to Bolt’s chagrin. The two were nearing the bright daylight of the corral when Keane slowed down to take aim, the foal letting off a bolt of lightning which missed by inches. The tangles of rope suddenly shot forward, your heart racing as the noose flew ahead of the Blitzle who was still at top speed. In the blink of an eye, the lasso slung around the zebra’s nuzzle and slipped down to its neck. It hadn’t decelerated, now galloping faster than ever in hopes of shaking the mantis free.

    The two broke out into the corral and you see this as your queue to call on Olli to finish the job. Catching up - albeit with a painful stitch - a quick switcheroo lands Keane back in his Pokéball and Olli hanging onto the lasso with great difficulty. The monkey meets eyes with his foe and lets off a Leer, which manages to startle the Blitzle out of its aggressive kicking but isn’t nearly enough to tame it. Digging his feet into the loamy soil, Olli follows up quickly with a Nasty Plot which boosts his brainpower. The zebra neighs again, kicking its hind legs and giving the chimp a boot to the face! Olli squeals in a mixture of pain and rage, the Stomp causing a hoof shaped bruised underneath his eye. This act of rebellion is enough to coax him into attack, bursting into Flames and Wheeling forward. Fires scorching the arid pasture, the Chimchar finally closes into the foal ramming into his saddle and knocking him off balance. Showing he’s still got fight left in him yet, Bolt finishes with a Shock Wave – the outburst of energy knocking Olli off his feet as he struggles to get a hold back on the zebra’s lasso. What will you do?
    Keane maneuvers through the field of boxes and hay that block his path magnificently, with Rob grinning, watching his Pokémon catch up with the Pokémon with electrifying energy. An electric energy attack misses Keane by a few inches, "Thank god," he sighed in relief, "his weakness to electric attacks might have caused problems." His relief was short lived though as he looked at Keane try to control the wild horse.

    "It's now or never Olli!" Both trainer and Pokémon entered the corral, and the ape seemed more than ready as he took the lasso. The trainer recalled the flying manthis back in its home after a job well done, speaking to his Pokéball, "Thank you for your help Keane, you were wonderful." It was now up to Olli to finish the job, starting out by Leering at the Blitzle, settling down the horse a little, not nearly enough for it to be tamed. Olli continued by thinking of a Nasty Plot to help out during the battle, only it left Olli wide open to get Stomped in the face, leaving the marks of the attack right on his face, taking physical damage and damaging his pride as well.

    Turning into a ball of fire, the fiery ape rolled towards the rowdy zebra, knocking it off balance, but also triggering a retaliation as it sends waves of electric energy with Shockwave towards Olli, knocking him off his feet, trying to get the zebra under control.

    "Hang in there Olli! Start by provoking the zebra by Taunting it! Then engulf it in a Fire Spin to trap it, and if manages to get out, try another Fire Spin! If it stays in the first Fire Spin, start thinking of the Nasty Plot to help you gain more power while it is trapped!"

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Chi-town
    Posts
    151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::The Black Swan::

    -Hayward-: You were caught off guard by the appearance of the eerie Snorlax, and right off the bat your Pokémon position themselves to strike at a moment's notice; Hynéo growling menacingly while Medéo adopts the approriate stance for the situation. Though its gaze was unnerving, you regain your composure and figure that perhaps you could reason with it and have it join you. Introducing yourself and explaining your intentions, you open the invitation to have it accompany you in your quest for loot and treasure, trying to appeal to the pirate Pokémon's greed as you showed him a neatly polished Premier Ball. Hopefully, and just like that, he would join you in your merry exploration throughout the haunted ship!

    His expression remaining ever the same, the Snorlax studies you for a good and long moment, as if trying to figure out if this was some sort of trick, or if you were actually serious. Suddenly, it bursted out in laughter, his bellow echoing eeriely throughout the ship, sounding both grave and shrill at the same time, as if voiced by some mismatched chorus of people. Wether or not this was your intention, it seemed to have regarded your gesture as highly amusing somehow. Quieting down, it simply smiles wide before shaking its head from side to side. Its answer was clear: No. However, it then extends its arm towards you, paw facing upwards as if expecting you to give him something. A sense of great danger still inpregnated the air, but perhaps you could resolve this without resorting to violence, and even gain an ally in the process... for the right price.

    What will you do?
    In the infamous derelict pirate schooner known as The Black Swan, the swashbuckling Snorlax regards Will with a steady gaze as it briefly considers the lad's offer to join up with his crew of treasure hunters. Only a moment later, however, the Hibernation Pokemon breaks out in a hearty laugh that resounds throughout the abandoned wreckage, adding to the eerie atmosphere of the place and causing Will to shudder in fear. With a wide, patronizing grin, Snorlax shakes its shaggy head slowly from side to side before holding out a massive, upturned paw to Will. It's clear that Snorlax has no intention of joining Will's squad, but instead demands that the lad give something over.

    A feeling of foreboding hangs heavy in the cabin, and Will drags a hand through his short brown hair as he momentarily wonders to himself what item he possesses that the buccaneer bear might possibly want. Lost in thought, Will absentmindedly places the rejected premier ball back into his grey side-strap courier bag, but as he glances inside, his gaze suddenly falls on the crystal eye Medeo found while they were ransacking the place earlier, which he had tucked away for safe keeping, and he suddenly bolts with astonishment at the realization that perhaps it had once belonged to Snorlax. Wasting no time, Will quickly withdraws the crystal eye from his bag and apprehensively hands it over to the great grizzly...
    Last edited by -Hayward-; 13th August 2012 at 5:27 AM.

    fb | trades | pc
    *team pose by Luxraymaster

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Rainbow Reef

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: Without a second to spare, you put your heads together and decide to set course for Eelektrik’s tail with the help of Delilah’s illumination. Worried sick for his partner, Briney takes the lead – his expert breaststroke on par with a high levelled Poliwrath. Stitches start to grow in your guts as you desperately swim in tow trying your best to stay in the Chinchou’s light. Your oxygen tanks were taking the toll of your exhaustion as your heart starts to race. Hope seems to dwindle as the patches of illuminated seafloor show nothing but desolate miles of fish carcasses and hollow shells. Even if you were on the right trail, the lightning fast eel would be hours ahead by now. Until it hits you like a tonne of bricks – the side of an old sunken ship, its splintered mast just meters ahead. The wooden vessel was semi submerged in cold sand and emitted a greenish hue from the slimy moss rotting it.

    Scepticism fills the party as you glance at one another, but Delilah seems to insist that this sunken ship would be the dwelling of any deep sea predators. With a deep gulp you press on through a large tear in the side of the vessel. The silence is unnerving as you inspect the once inhabitable rooms that had decayed over the ages. Passing through a wide hole in the floorboards you find yourself in what appeared to be the captain’s quarters. Delilah’s antennae do a full scan of the room: You spot a table snapped in two on the floor, a shelf full of wine bottles that had shattered under the intense pressure and... A skeleton! You all reel back in panic, barely catching sight of a strange Red Orb clasped jealously within its bony fist. Briney however remains fixated on the relic, his eyes reflecting its redish hue until danger strikes again. This sudden jolt of panic seems to have lured the Eelektrik out of the shadows, Delilah now moving her light onto the predator who’d blocked the way out. It was holding a comatose Slowpoke by its tail, its pink skin pale white through loss of blood... What will you do?
    As Hyrem, Andy, and their Pokemon set out to pursue an Eelektrik with predatory intent, Hyrem could see Capt. Briney swim ahead of the group, clearly worried for his Slowpoke. Delilah was swimming pretty fast, as she needed to in order to stand a chance of finding the eel, but this left the rest struggling to catch up to avoid being left in the dark depths of Rainbow Reef's trenches. Hyrem wasn't about to ask Delilah to slow down, though; he knew as much as Delilah how urgent this rescue was. Still, his body was starting to get tired, his foot throbbing again from being forced to propel him forward so quickly, and he knew this chase was using quite a bit of oxygen in the process. As they continued through the deep canyon, old shells and fish carcasses reminded the group that they could be next. Hyrem was almost ready to give up; he was sure this was the right direction to go in, but the eel had to have been ten times faster than they were. It might have already been miles ahead of them, which would give it plenty of time to leisurely enjoy each bite it took of Slowpoke--tail, head, and all.

    "Oof! Wow, a sunken ship!" exclaimed Hyrem. "But... are you sure it'd be here, Delilah?" he asked his Chinchou, doubting Eelektrik would only take its catch this far.

    "Chou! Chinchou, chou!" she said with certainty, pointing one of her lures towards a big hole in the side of the ship. Well, it did seem like a nice home for bigger fish...

    "Okay, well, I... trust you," Hyrem gulped as he went inside the hole with her, hoping this wasn't the home of some other... bigger fish.

    The group went through each room, looking for the Eelektrik, but they only found an empty silence which only served to tense them further. A hole in the floor lead them to the captain's quarters. Delilah's lights showed them a few different things: two halves of a table, a bunch of broken wine bottles, a skeleton...

    A SKELETON!?

    "AH!" screamed Hyrem as he jumped back from the sight of the body of bones holding a Red Orb. Briney seemed interested in it, but Hyrem was a little bit more focused on the Eelektrik that met them and blocked their exit.

    "Captain, look! Your Slowpoke!" he shouted, pointing towards the limp Water Pokemon, easily rendered unconscious by the EleFish Pokemon. It then dawned on Hyrem the danger they were in after he noticed Eelektrik's current position. It was done playing with its first prey item and was ready to try for a whole buffet. If they failed to deal with the Eelektrik and deal with it quickly, the trainers risked losing too much oxygen. Even worse, if the trainers' Water Pokemon lost this battle, they'd be at the electric eel's mercy. And it had already shown how merciless it was. Fortunately, the Slowpoke was unconscious, but still alive. Still, they had to be careful not to damage Slowpoke any further.

    "All right, Delilah, ready to synch up and battle?"

    "Chou!" she called out.

    "Okay, let's make it so that eel's ready for Kray to attack! Start out with a Flash to blind it, then Supersonic to mess with it's hearing! If Kray's gotten it to let go of Slowpoke, do a Thunder Wave, but if not, use Flash again!" Hyrem and Delilah were ready with their side of the strategy, now to see what Andy and Kray would do.

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  4. #404
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Ampere Beach::

    Emp: You knew you had to take Robbie's commands seriously. Last time, Guppi had payed dearly by underestimating his opponent, and this time around, you wouldn't want to take any risks. As Snookie starts gathering massive amounts of energy while rushing towards her rival, you order your own golden karp to take evasive maneouvers to dodge the attack at all costs. Guppi waits for the perfect opportunity to Bounce high into safety, but Snookie simply had gathered too much momentum and rams your Magikarp with her Giga Impact explosively like a torpedo. It was like trying to jump over a bullet, and luck simply wasn't on your Pokémon's side. But Guppi wasn't down and out from that just yet, and though he was certainly reeling from the attack, he had the guts to keep fighting until the very end, Flailing back even stronger and wilder than before, with almost as too much power for a Magikarp. The crowed was wowed; they had gathered expecting a senseless Splash-fest and instead they were treated with a far more epic battle than they could have ever hoped from these combatants. Taking the attack in full, Snookie looks clearly in pain, and Robbie cursed so much even a sailor would turn his head in secondhand embarassment. She tries to retaliate, but her body is far too exhausted for more, and though Guppi was looking similarly tired, he takes the opportunity to succesfully Bounce yet once again, falling like a sack of potatoes straight into his opponent. This time, the attack seems to be extra effective as Snookie finds herself Paralyzed from the impact. A critical hit! You were sure you had this in the bag, and yet, she still seemed lively enough to keep fighting. In the end, both Magikarp were simply too weak to overcome each other's endurance, and by the looks of things, either one would more likely faint from exhaustion than from a solid KO. After all this, it would be a real shame if you still wounded up losing to this punk...

    Robbie wasn't one to stall for time, and he encourages his Pokémon to keep fighting hard. A moment you see the hulked up man pointing fingers and screaming orders; the next you see a Pelipper swooping down in front of you; and the next, there was no Snookie.... wait, what? Robbie seems completely perplexed about the event that suddenly unfolded before him, and it takes a while to digest what had just happened. "S-S-SNOOOOOOOKIIIIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!" He then screams in despair. "WOWOWOWOWO- HEEEEEEY! THAT'S MY MAGIKARP! HEEEY!" He starts swimming in vain as the Pelipper flew into the ocean. Good thing it wasn't yours, but then again, nobody deserves to have their Pokémon eaten like that. Perhaps you could do something about it, but on the other hand, why should you? This isn't your fault... right?

    What will you do?
    The boy’s instincts were on top form as, just as he’d expected, the female karp shot forward like a torpedo – a cocoon of purple energy spiralling around her the likes of which no Magikarp could match. He felt his fingernails cutting further into his open palms as Guppy attempted to Bounce upward with a slap of his tailfin. It was too late, Snooki was ripping through the water like a jetski and had gathered too much speed to be evaded. Wincing, he looked on helplessly as the koi made Impact, the golden fish hurtling skyward and crashing into the water with a salty spray. Wes felt his heart skip a beat, expecting it all to be over from there. But like a trooper Guppy emerged at the surface, water running off his bruised and bloody scales. A determination was painted on his face the likes of Wes had never seen before – his brow was furrowed and his eyes smouldered with the fury of a thousand Red Gyarados. The trainer was on tenterhooks as the carp shot forward, Sitch tugging onto his hair in suspense. Guppy looked like a fish out of water as he flopped and Flailed with all of his might, catching the foe with a few good tail slaps before the two broke apart. Then the uproar of backsplash settled the enemy Magikarp looked as beat up as Guppy. Robbie swore in frustration fuelling the kid’s building feeling of elation, although the rest of the match was still up in the air.

    The crowd of beachgoers toward the shore were pumping their fists and cheering for their favourite Karp and heckling the other. Wes had managed to tune them out for the most part, but he couldn’t help feeling like he had a show to put on. They weren’t disappointing either; anyone would’ve expected a Magikarp showdown to be on par with a Metapod face off, but what they’d produced was an epic yet comical scuffle. Wes focused back on Snooki who was too exhausted after her last attack, leaving her a sitting duck to Guppy’s finisher. Bouncing a good ten feet in the air the karp soared back down like a sack of spuds. The female koi was knocked a good distance under the surf, bobbing back to the surface a few seconds later with sparks flying up and down its body. Wes was thanking his lucky stars – not only had he landed paralysis, but had nailed the foe with a critical hit! Wes felt his nerves ease, cocksure he had this one in the bag. His eyes checked down the wavy arena, both looked knackered with their gills puffing ten to the dozen. He hadn’t counted too heavily on a knockout through fatigue, and his pre-emptive ecstasy slid away. It would all be for nothing, and losing to this Primape of a guy would make him the laughing stock of Ampere Beach.

    Wes’s nerves weren’t as sharp as before, and before he could volley more orders the bodybuilder was back on the offense. Hollering the poor Magikarp back into action, it took him a few seconds to cotton onto what Wes and Scraggy had just spotted soaring down from the streaky sky. A white feathery gull with a massive bill was homing in on the two Magikarp when it hit Wes what was happening like a tonne of bricks. He went to order Guppy to duck under water, but it was all over in a flash. The Pelleper had swooped over the surf and taken Snooki in a lightning fast scoop. It took Robbie much longer to digest than Wes. He stared blindly at the spot where his Pokémon had just been, his anger phasing from confusion to sheer panic in one fell swoop. Screaming helplessly toward the open sea were Pelleper was fast headed over the horizon, he lunged into a front crawl in hot pursuit. Wes knew he’d probably never catch the bird who was now quite far ahead, and suddenly felt a pang of guilt. With an arsenal like Snooki’s, she probably could’ve escaped from the gull’s pouch if it wasn’t for Guppy softening her up beforehand. Sitch gave Wes a ‘Do we have to help?’ look, probably set on spending the rest of the afternoon perfecting his tan. Wes nodded reluctantly, “Yes. And you’re the one who’s going to save her.”

    Scraggy bowled over in shock nearly dropping into the salty surf, a look of mangled confusion and unease painted on his face. Wes gave a half smile before unzipping his canvas satchel and rummaging through it. It was chock full of suveniers from his travels, some of which were useless: his lucky rabbits foot, zombie mask... the Superhero cape. Yanking the scarlet cloak from beneath the pile of junk, he waved the creases out of revealing the golden ‘FB’ insignia and held it out in front of the lizard. The Situation filled with excitement, he’d always wanted to try out the cape but this was the first time Wes had ever let him. Then realising this wouldn’t be a joyride, the excitement died away and he was nervous again. Tying a knot in the spandex cape it hung neatly around Sitch’s neck. Wes grinned as he held the reptile at arms length, quickly switching to a more serious face.

    “Okay Sitch, I want you to Fly into the air and after that Pelliper. If you’ve still got some Sand in your pants, I want you to Attack its vision by rubbing it in the bird’s eyes, then bonk it on the head with a Thunder Punch” He was hoping this would be enough to knock the Pelliper out of flight, or at least grab its attention. As though testing the shawl hadn’t worn out in its many years screwed up in his bag, he slackened his grip on the Scraggy. As though by magic, the lizard started to pick up altitude. Wes nodded with a reassuring thumps up, now fixating on the Pelliper sailing down the horizon and Robbie who was hopelessly in tow. Wes fell into a breaststroke, the tangy saltwater shooting up his nose as he swam further out toward the open sea.

    FB
    Last edited by Emp; 14th August 2012 at 12:51 AM.

  5. #405
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wherever You Are
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Seaside City::

    Charminions: Buckling under the intensity of the old man's gaze, you're quick to point fingers to the one who started this all. "Hey, what da hell?" Devon snapped. "You agreed to this, man! But yeah, I started it. What of it?" He returned a gaze almost as intense to the bald-headed luchador. The Bucanero combs his 'stache with his huge fingers, as if thinking about the situation carefully, turning his eyes to and fro between opposites ends of the ring as he studied you both. "Son, that Combusken of yours got potential. Could make it to the league if he wanted to." He then finally said. Potential! Potential! The Chatot began cawing. "But you need to work on your attitude, boy. Wrestling isn't only about flashy moves, it's about attitude and guts. Right or wrong, if you're commiting yourself to something stick to your guns until the end! You will learn to develop your character. You will learn to have your wits about and you will learn to use your environment - your ring - in your favor as if it was an extension of your body! Wrestling, is for those with passion!" Passion! Passion! "And this goes for you all! First, from this moment onwards, this is my ring! If you want this to be yours, you'll have to prove yourselves to me! You came here because you needed guidance to be strong, to be charismatic, to be a star! Stick through my training today, and you will be rewarded for your efforts! Now..." he paused, carefully looking at each and everyone of the students, his gaze eventually meeting once again with yours, "who will volunteer into this ring with me?"

    What will you do?
    Blaming the one who rightfully asked for the battle, Charm points his fingers towards Devon who responds with a "Hey, what da hell? You agreed to this, man! But yeah, I started it. What of it?" before staring back at the old man with almost the same intensity. The Bucanero accesses the situation, combing his stache, as he looks back and forth between the two trainers.

    "Son, that Combusken of yours got potential. Could make it to the league if he wanted to," he finally says. Potential! Potential! his Chatot cawed. "But you need to work on your attitude, boy. Wrestling isn't only about flashy moves, it's about attitude and guts," he scolded. Charm was now getting slightly irritated by that comment, Wrestling? I'm only here because I'm bored. I'm more of a martial arts man, myself, he thought to himself. Saying something like that out loud would put him in even more trouble. The Bucanero continues, "Right or wrong, if you're commiting yourself to something stick to your guns until the end! You will learn to develop your character. You will learn to have your wits about and you will learn to use your environment - your ring - in your favor as if it was an extension of your body! Wrestling, is for those with passion!" Passion! Passion! the Chatot repeats. I committed to a battle, this wrestling stuff is just something to pass the time, Charm wittily thinks to himself.

    "And this goes for you all! First, from this moment onwards, this is my ring! If you want this to be yours, you'll have to prove yourselves to me! You came here because you needed guidance to be strong, to be charismatic, to be a star! Stick through my training today, and you will be rewarded for your efforts! Now..." he looks at each of the students before looking back at Charm, "who will volunteer into this ring with me?"

    "I guess I have no choice in the matter," Charm relunctantly steps forward, awaiting whatever the Bucanero has planned.

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Rainbow Reef

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: Without a second to spare, you put your heads together and decide to set course for Eelektrik’s tail with the help of Delilah’s illumination. Worried sick for his partner, Briney takes the lead – his expert breaststroke on par with a high levelled Poliwrath. Stitches start to grow in your guts as you desperately swim in tow trying your best to stay in the Chinchou’s light. Your oxygen tanks were taking the toll of your exhaustion as your heart starts to race. Hope seems to dwindle as the patches of illuminated seafloor show nothing but desolate miles of fish carcasses and hollow shells. Even if you were on the right trail, the lightning fast eel would be hours ahead by now. Until it hits you like a tonne of bricks – the side of an old sunken ship, its splintered mast just meters ahead. The wooden vessel was semi submerged in cold sand and emitted a greenish hue from the slimy moss rotting it.

    Scepticism fills the party as you glance at one another, but Delilah seems to insist that this sunken ship would be the dwelling of any deep sea predators. With a deep gulp you press on through a large tear in the side of the vessel. The silence is unnerving as you inspect the once inhabitable rooms that had decayed over the ages. Passing through a wide hole in the floorboards you find yourself in what appeared to be the captain’s quarters. Delilah’s antennae do a full scan of the room: You spot a table snapped in two on the floor, a shelf full of wine bottles that had shattered under the intense pressure and... A skeleton! You all reel back in panic, barely catching sight of a strange Red Orb clasped jealously within its bony fist. Briney however remains fixated on the relic, his eyes reflecting its redish hue until danger strikes again. This sudden jolt of panic seems to have lured the Eelektrik out of the shadows, Delilah now moving her light onto the predator who’d blocked the way out. It was holding a comatose Slowpoke by its tail, its pink skin pale white through loss of blood... What will you do?



    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    As Hyrem, Andy, and their Pokemon set out to pursue an Eelektrik with predatory intent, Hyrem could see Capt. Briney swim ahead of the group, clearly worried for his Slowpoke. Delilah was swimming pretty fast, as she needed to in order to stand a chance of finding the eel, but this left the rest struggling to catch up to avoid being left in the dark depths of Rainbow Reef's trenches. Hyrem wasn't about to ask Delilah to slow down, though; he knew as much as Delilah how urgent this rescue was. Still, his body was starting to get tired, his foot throbbing again from being forced to propel him forward so quickly, and he knew this chase was using quite a bit of oxygen in the process. As they continued through the deep canyon, old shells and fish carcasses reminded the group that they could be next. Hyrem was almost ready to give up; he was sure this was the right direction to go in, but the eel had to have been ten times faster than they were. It might have already been miles ahead of them, which would give it plenty of time to leisurely enjoy each bite it took of Slowpoke--tail, head, and all.

    "Oof! Wow, a sunken ship!" exclaimed Hyrem. "But... are you sure it'd be here, Delilah?" he asked his Chinchou, doubting Eelektrik would only take its catch this far.

    "Chou! Chinchou, chou!" she said with certainty, pointing one of her lures towards a big hole in the side of the ship. Well, it did seem like a nice home for bigger fish...

    "Okay, well, I... trust you," Hyrem gulped as he went inside the hole with her, hoping this wasn't the home of some other... bigger fish.

    The group went through each room, looking for the Eelektrik, but they only found an empty silence which only served to tense them further. A hole in the floor lead them to the captain's quarters. Delilah's lights showed them a few different things: two halves of a table, a bunch of broken wine bottles, a skeleton...

    A SKELETON!?

    "AH!" screamed Hyrem as he jumped back from the sight of the body of bones holding a Red Orb. Briney seemed interested in it, but Hyrem was a little bit more focused on the Eelektrik that met them and blocked their exit.

    "Captain, look! Your Slowpoke!" he shouted, pointing towards the limp Water Pokemon, easily rendered unconscious by the EleFish Pokemon. It then dawned on Hyrem the danger they were in after he noticed Eelektrik's current position. It was done playing with its first prey item and was ready to try for a whole buffet. If they failed to deal with the Eelektrik and deal with it quickly, the trainers risked losing too much oxygen. Even worse, if the trainers' Water Pokemon lost this battle, they'd be at the electric eel's mercy. And it had already shown how merciless it was. Fortunately, the Slowpoke was unconscious, but still alive. Still, they had to be careful not to damage Slowpoke any further.

    "All right, Delilah, ready to synch up and battle?"

    "Chou!" she called out.

    "Okay, let's make it so that eel's ready for Kray to attack! Start out with a Flash to blind it, then Supersonic to mess with it's hearing! If Kray's gotten it to let go of Slowpoke, do a Thunder Wave, but if not, use Flash again!" Hyrem and Delilah were ready with their side of the strategy, now to see what Andy and Kray would do.
    Now that there plan was agreed, the two Trainers set off in search of their target, the Eelektrik. Briney took the lead, obviously concerned an eager to retrieve his Pokemon partner. Andy and Hyrem followed close behind, followed the illuminating beam coming from Delilah antennae.

    It was soon starting felt like they had been swimming endless through empty blackness, Andy's arms ached and the tank on his back weighed him down to no end. Exhaustion was beginning to bring about feelings of defeat, both for themselves and for Slowpoke, Andy began to wonder if it would even still be alive by the time they found it, a quick glance across to a grim faced Hyrem seemed to confirm that he was thinking something similar.

    "I don't think we're going to find any-"

    "Oof!" Came an interrupting noise from Hyrem over the walkie talkie, followed by, "Wow, a sunken ship!"

    Andy tried his best to look around his surroundings to find the source of Hyrem's exclamation, and it wasn't long before it hit him, literally. One minute, emptiness, the next Andy found himself smacking into something hard. It must have been the side of the ship that Hyrem had spoken of. Pulling himself back slightly, Andy looked momentarily awed as he took in the sight before him, this was the kind of thing you only saw on tv.

    "Are you sure it'd be here, Delilah?" Hyrem's voice crackled over the walkie talkie again, causing Andy to look away from the ship and in their direction. Both Pokemon and it's Trainer floated just next to a hole in the side of the ship's hull, the Chinchou looking as though it was trying to lead them inside. What choice did they have other than to follow?

    Although he'd rather they hadn't. The innards of the sunken wreck seem to engulf them in silence, the rooms that they passed through and their contents were covered in dust and decay. Andy was almost sure that at any second the souls of its doomed crew would arise and drag them to a watery grave, the thought made him swim a little quicker, despite his tired limbs, and stick probably a little closer to Hyrem than he normally would have. Slipping through a hole in the floorboards and passing to the lower decks the group arrived in a room, it seemed more lavishly furnished than the others and obviously belong to a more high ranking crew member, maybe even the Captain. In the centre of the room, a wooden table lay split in two, and on the wall nearby a shelf filled with the remains of old bottles that no doubt held wine, or rum, or whatever sailors liked to drink, and then there was...

    "AH!"

    A sudden scream of terror caused Andy to spin around quickly, bringing him face to face with a bleached white, skeletal face.

    "I knew it!" Andy screeched in equal horror, arms and legs flailing, "Oh restless spirits of the deep, please spare me! I'm too young to die!" By now he was flopping and thrashing about much in a similar was as the Gorebyss had on the deck of the boat earlier, desperate to escape his cursed fate. It was at that point Kray swam past him, towards the decaying menace.
    "Kray, come back, you'll..." The Corphish ignored his Trainer's pleas and studied the ghastly figure, then tapped it with the side of his claw. The figure remained still, unmoving.

    "It's... just a skeleton" Andy said, half laughing in relief, he looked around the rest of the group, hoping he hadn't made too much of a fool of himself. Kray seemed to be half laughing too, but in more of a "I can't believe how much of a moron you are" way, Briney seemed transfixed on a shiny red orb clasped in the dead seaman's bony hand, and Hyrem and Delilah seemed to be looking at something else altogether. Following their gaze, Andy nearly let out another scream, his nerves still a little shot. In the far corner of the room, something writhed and wriggled in the shadows, as Delilah's light passed over it, the form of the Eelektrik came into clear view, it's tail still wrapped around a rather gaunt looking Slowpoke.

    "All right, Delilah, ready to synch up and battle?" Hyrem's voice over the comm again, his Pokemon calling out in response.

    "We've got to get Slowpoke out of here quickly," Andy said to Kray, "Ready to be a team player?" Kray snapped his pincers in preparation, willing to put up with anything in order to get into a good scrap with the Eel.

    "Ok, wait for Delilah to use Flash and then use that to close in whilst it can't see. Once you're close enough, start to Chip Away at it's tail. If it tries to attack you just use Harden and keep going. We've got to concentrate on getting it to let go of Slowpoke."

    The two Trainers could now only wait, and hope their plan would work.
    Last edited by Trainer Andy; 15th August 2012 at 2:12 AM.

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    1,412

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Ancient Ruins::

    Arc_Angel: Stricken with fear at the sight of the oversized eel, you choose to try a more diplomatic approach in hopes that maybe it wouldn't see you as a threat, or even lunch for that matter. Engaging an electric eel in underwater combat was, after all, deadly dangerous, and trying to escape it was also an equally risky and hard endeavor, to say the least. Though you weren't sure about Oblivion's diplomatic ability, it was at least worth a try, and maybe the Tentacruel would have enough tact as to not immediately incurr the Eelektross's wrath.

    Oblivion spreads his tentacles so as to appear large and threathening - a creature worthy of being listened to. With a rough growl, he explains your intentions to the creature whom you had gathered was likely the guardian of the ruins, Oblivion looking ready to step into your aid at the least sign of danger as he does so. The Eelektross seems to carefully assess the jellyfish's words, seemingly undisturbed by Oblivion's tone of voice. In return, it emits a long whistling sound, as if asking "Who asks?".

    The guardian carefully looks at you as it tried to figure out if you were worthy, but then things take a sudden turn for the unexpected as you're shocked to see a harpoon suddenly dart right past you and sink into the eel's flesh; the Electric-type roaring and twisting in pain as a small trickle of blood flowed from the still half-clogged wound. As you turned to the source of the assault, you see two divers emerging from the darkness, looking well armed and equipped with specialized gear; their night vision diving masks in particular standing out the most as a single and small circular lens glowed a faint green right between where their eyes would be. In their company, a Huntail and Gorebyss both seemed ready to engage the beast while the divers took aim once again; one of them pointing a finger towards you before his partner nodded in understanding. What did they mean with that? Eelektross wasn't going to just sit there idly however, as its entire body now starts cackling with electricity, looking ready to Discharge you all. Was it grouping you with them? Who were these people anyways and should you take any part in this developing battle?

    What will you do?
    Stacey felt her heart beating in her chest as they stared down the enormous Elektross. Oblivion wasn't suffering this problem, he knew he could take care of them both should the thing attack ... bravado or genuine courage it was hard to tell. He understood his mistress' plan and spread his tentacles are far as he could reach taking up as much room as possible making himself look much larger. His narrow gaze met that of the electric snake and he begins to explain their presence, or at least Stacey hoped he was. He gave a few grunts and growls sending bubbles everywhere as he spoke and she waited nearly foolishly holding her breath for its reaction. A long pause of silence follows and Stacey digs her suited fingers into Oblivion's head making him grimace and tighten his hold on her. She gives him a small apologetic look before her attention is brought right back to the snake, it hisses out an answer that obviously Oblivion understood but she was oblivious ... it didn't sound too pleased but it wasn't attacking for now!

    Suddenly Stacey feels a rush of water by her face as a metallic object was launched past her and she gasps nearly choking on water by doing do. It was a harpoon and it lands cleanly into Elecktross' body causing it to roar in pain. It twists round and round in agony trying to dislodge the foreign object from its body nearly hitting its cap-tees in its writhing. Oblivion turned to face the source of the attack swinging Stacey around with it and she pointing her torch at the newcomers. Two divers were treading water kitted out with advanced looking gear and technology, much better than what she had bought. She couldn't make out their faces, only the eerie green gleam from their night vision goggles as they looked to their prey. They readied another harpoon as their Pokemon swam obediently by their sides, a Gorebyss and Huntail ready to finish off Electross if ordered to do so. One of them points towards her, its partner nodding as Electross finishes gets under control enough to start powering up electricity in its body once again.

    Stacey felt her blood run cold, should it attack it could kill them all, Oblivion and the other water Pokemon would probably be alright but humans were not used to receiving attacks of that magnitude! She didn't know who the divers were but she didn't agree with their brutality, if they were here to capture the Electkross then battle it, they had Pokemon available. No they were going to kill it and she wouldn't allow it. She felt safer with the giant snake than the two humans with their very sharp weapons. What if they turned on them next? They had indicated her for something and she had no plan to find out what. Oblivion was poised beneath her, he too was not impressed with killing Pokemon unless he was doing it with his own tentacles. He would kill these two and their Pokemon should his trainer order it and he knew that she was capable of such brutality herself if pushed enough.

    "Bloody stupid" Stacey muttered and Oblivion growled in agreement. "If they think we're going to float here and watch this they're sorely mistaken" She whispered to Oblivion and his eyes sparkled with malice ... time to play. Stacey pushed off from his body and he released her knowing that he was to attack.

    "Melt those weapons with an Acid then trap them all in a poison-filled Whirlpool, make them so dizzy they feel sick. Set up a Barrier to protect us from their attacks. Go my weapon." He didn't need to be told twice and he had already prepared his first attack as Stacey swam towards Elecktross shaking slightly her bravado ebbing away as she felt the electricity around its body. It probably wouldn't understand her but she had to try, for all their sakes. She held up her hands palms facing towards the snake in a symbol of peace, saying that she wasn't here to fight it before she tried to speak to it.

    "We do not know who these strangers are but I will not allow them to attack you any more and I will help you fight them. We are here only to explore, I know you must protect something important enough for these heathens to fight you but know that we will help you guard it, even if you wish us gone afterwards." She looked up hoping that it understood the sincerity in her voice even if it was garbled by the breathing apparatus.

    "I'm going to try and remove the harpoon from your body, you will feel better for it please don't electrocute us while I do," she said as she swam towards the metal object placing her hands around it preparing to pull it out should the giant Pokemon give her its consent., looking up into its eyes feeling her heart beating out a rhythmic tune of panic in her chest.


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  8. #408
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    454

    Default Whale Island - 16

    Rainbow Reef

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: The eerie remains of the abandoned shipwreck are quickly knocked out of focus as the menacing Eelektrik pans into view. Dangling from its sucker-like mouth was the body of a pale Slowpoke, strands of blood streaming from the base of his tail through the murky water. You decide on working together to rescue to comatose ‘Poke, making use of the Corphish’s pilfering skills whilst Chinchou posed a distraction. With a set of gargled orders the two Pokémon spring into action. Delilah is first off the bat, her glowing antennae drifting as she flounders toward the fissure. You both have to squint as she ups the amps in her lightbulbs, bathing the room in a Flash of blinding light. Trying to blink away the spots impeding your vision you catch sight of the Eelektrik who looked just as dazed. With Kray’s back turned to the radiance, he’s able to quickly dart forward, the eel tussling and squirming wildly making Slowpoke impossible to get a hold on. The crustacean attempts to Chip Away at the hostage’s tail to knock it lose, only to inadvertently hit the enemy in the cheek.

    The blinded amprey retaliates by Sparking with electricity, attempting to tackle into Kray but hitting Delilah instead. The angler fish bowls backwards but her batteries seem to have benefited from the recharge – Slowpoke the only one taking the hit as sparks jolt down his lifeless body. With the foe still too energetic she sends off an echo of Supersonic waves which reverberate across the room, the high frequencies making your walkie talkies go haywire. You clap your ears whilst Eelektrik and Kray’s eye’s glaze over in confusion. The electric eel slaps itself with its tail in its stupor, meanwhile Kray manages to come to his senses quick enough to lunge upward and Chip the Slowpoke Away from the predator. You look on horror-struck as the shroud of bubbles disperses to reveal the pasty slowpoke, its tail completely severed... Trying to keep down your lunch you focus back on the battle at hand, Delilah letting off a Thunder Wave which coils around the eel locking up its muscles. Fuelled with rage the lamprey spits off a vat of Acid - missing the Chinchou by inches, courtesy of its blurred vision, and melting a hole in the wooden floorboards. You’d gotten off to an impressive start with luck on your side, but considering neither of you had landed a solid hit you could still be headed to Davey Jones’ locker. What will you do?

    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: Your eyes fix onto the last cloche with a mangled look of horror and disbelief. You stare for what feels like hours into the glassy eyes of the catfish, a wrought-iron stick skewering it through its middle with each thick segment topped in sliced pineapple. There was no explaining it. Somehow you just knew it was Moku, the happy-go-lucky hippie you’d met just a day a go in the lake hundreds of meters above. They shared the same sweet, intoxicated expression, the Whiscash’s whiskers a spitting image of the traveller’s Fu Manchu moustache. Grief strikes you like a wave against a rocky cliff, your thoughts drifting to Chong, Lily, Orcharist and Sothe who you’d hoped were out of harms way on the lagoon’s bank. The warning etched below your empty dinner plate was rattling through your brain – there were no lengths this girl wouldn’t go to and you no longer had any reason to trust her. You were going to beat her at her own game...

    With all your guts you manage to repress your feelings and send daggers toward the mermaid. She could have very easily been imagining this however, as soon as she gazes back at you your face had shifted to one of twisted pleasure. You then prize a joint of Whiscash spéciale and take a hearty mouthful. The roasted skin crunched on your bite, a burst of fatty juices filling your mouth and tantalising your taste buds. Melćna lets out the quietest sigh of relief she could muster, barely audible over the chewing of delicious catfish meat. With a satisfied swallow, you make sure to keep the siren on her tail – cutting straight to the chase with a question that had been burning in your throat ever since read the words ‘SHE LIES’.

    This sucked all the atmosphere out of the room. The mermaid looks stricken with surprise, her spoon slipping from her hand and clanging on the side of her bowl of boiled Shellder. The waiters tumble over each other comically, the Qwilfish puffing to twice its size and jabbering something in rapid French as all three of them frantically skirted out of the room – probably wanting to get in a safe distance before the siren erupted. But that didn’t happen at all. Her eyes started to well up as the long silence hit breaking point. She looked absolutely terrified, her darkish pupils darting around the dining room as though she was being watched. It looked as though she was trying to communicate something to you through a single look. Her acting skills had trumped yours tenfold, as you couldn’t help feel a momentary lapse of concern. Then you spot a glimpse of scarlet light flicker in her pupils and her petrified demeanour switches to one of uneasiness.

    “I’ve always been scared of men... ever since that old guy attacked me up at the lake”, she explains almost too innocently, before sending you the lovesick stare that had worked every time up until now, “But that was until I met you, baby... how about we go back to the royal bedroom for... dessert”. There was no need for her to raise a seductive brow - it was obvious what she wasn't talking about food. But what were her intentions this time?

    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: You gaze down the smoky battlefield, fiery cinders and sparks of electricity lighting it up with each impressive collision. With the haze starting to falter you notice Wildfire’s hair frazzled and on end from the static whilst Blitzle’s stripes were blemished with red blisters. Neither looked to last another round and with one more spurt of confidence cough up a wheezy set of orders, courtesy of the scattering smog, and brandish a Pokéball ready to take aim. The echidna nods as bounds into the smokescreen, his beady eyes fixed on the zebra with a nerve-racking Leer. With the Blitzle’s vision fogged up it doesn’t catch sight of the intimidation tactics and instead canters into a Wild Charge. Ducking its head the foal rams into the rodent’s shoulder, not managing to hit head-on but still leaving a harsh blow. Rolling sideways Wildfire tries to find his opponent again, his eyes far better trained for the smoke as he fires off a burst of Embers at Blitzle’s hooves. The zebra whines in pain, trotting waywardly to put out the flames around its feet. It then lets out a kick of frustration Stomping on Cyndaquil who tumbles back with a large hoof-shaped shiner on his left eye. Hanging on by the skin of his teeth, the echidna musters up another Extrasensory whilst you ready for the catch. The gold beam catches the zebra on the flank, causing one of its legs to buckle. Teetering on a knockout, sparks start flying up its body but before it could lynch off another attack you aim with one eye open and lob the red-white sphere into the smoke. You catch sound of it hitting the target and ricocheting onto the gravelly terra. Straining your ears, the familiar Ping! sends your spirits sky high. Congratulations! Level Six Blitzle was caught! Just as you’d salvaged your newest capture from the charred banks Volkner’s voice brings you back to reality.

    “Not bad, kid. Not that I could see much of it. Luxray caught the whole thing with his X-Ray vision”, the blond man smiles, leant coolly against the jungle cat who looked poised for action. “Now she’ll need to be in top shape if you’re gonna ride her. Pass me the Pokéball”. You oblige, Volkner catching the ball in one swipe and sending the Blitzle back out. The foal looks about ready to topple over, still beat up from the skirmish. Volkner strokes its nuzzle, bonding with it instantly as he brandishes a Potion from one of his jean pockets. He whispers reassuringly in the zebra’s ear “this may sting a little” as he pulls on the trigger, spraying vapour on the Pokémon’s blisters. The Blitzle neighs feebly but the medicine quickly works its magic as her wounds miraculously fade away. She’d be in top riding shape, and you can’t help but think you’ll need it as the trickling stream dries out. Volkner sends you a serious nod before jumping back onto the Luxray and taking off for the dam. Your new Blitzle eyes you obediently, what will you do?

    Myahoo, with your first capture you’ve unlocked rights to the Egg House. Be sure to link to your response to this update when picking up your egg.

    Crater Lake

    Itzatrap: Beads of sweat trickled from your scalp down your forehead, the sun’s hot rays and the intense manual labour sending the temperature up a few notches. And just ahead the battle was reaching boiling point as spurts of flames erupted on each collision. Any attempts to settle down and tame the juvenile Blitzle weren’t working, you still had a long way to go in breaking Bolt. The electrified Pokémon scuffs his hoof against the charred pasture again whilst Olli decides to goad it even further. Taunting like only a monkey could, he rolls on the spot and flashes his butt cheeks, turning his head to blow a raspberry. The foal neighs frenziedly, cantering forward as sparks Charge up and down its muscular legs. Olli has no time to dodge as he’s steamrolled by the attack, electric hooves trampling him like live defibrillators - electricity dancing Wildly through his body. Scrambling to his feet the chimp looks pretty beat up, but with a thump of his chest he lets loose a Spinning pillar of flames. The Fire quickly picks up around Bolt who lifts his forelegs in bewilderment until he’s completely engulfed. This also severs the lasso keeping the zebra from escaping, Chimchar casting aside the charred fibres. You hear a yelp as the zebra skirts backwards only to be burnt on his flank, the smouldering tornado amplified by Olli’s attack boost. With his foe at bay the chimp starts to think of more Nasty Plots. You hope one of them involves what comes next, as Bolt combusts and Charges through the twister – his own Flames protecting him from the inferno. Running over Olli yet again, he then veers toward the gates using Agility to increase his momentum. With no lasso to tug onto, you’d need to intercept him before he got away! What will you do?
    Last edited by Emp; 19th August 2012 at 2:29 PM.

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Rainbow Reef

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: The eerie remains of the abandoned shipwreck are quickly knocked out of focus as the menacing Eelektrik pans into view. Dangling from its sucker-like mouth was the body of a pale Slowpoke, strands of blood streaming from the base of his tail through the murky water. You decide on working together to rescue to comatose ‘Poke, making use of the Corphish’s pilfering skills whilst Chinchou posed a distraction. With a set of gargled orders the two Pokémon spring into action. Delilah is first off the bat, her glowing antennae drifting as she flounders toward the fissure. You both have to squint as she ups the amps in her lightbulbs, bathing the room in a Flash of blinding light. Trying to blink away the spots impeding your vision you catch sight of the Eelektrik who looked just as dazed. With Kray’s back turned to the radiance, he’s able to quickly dart forward, the eel tussling and squirming wildly making Slowpoke impossible to get a hold on. The crustacean attempts to Chip Away at the hostage’s tail to knock it lose, only to inadvertently hit the enemy in the cheek.

    The blinded amprey retaliates by Sparking with electricity, attempting to tackle into Kray but hitting Delilah instead. The angler fish bowls backwards but her batteries seem to have benefited from the recharge – Slowpoke the only one taking the hit as sparks jolt down his lifeless body. With the foe still too energetic she sends off an echo of Supersonic waves which reverberate across the room, the high frequencies making your walkie talkies go haywire. You clap your ears whilst Eelektrik and Kray’s eye’s glaze over in confusion. The electric eel slaps itself with its tail in its stupor, meanwhile Kray manages to come to his senses quick enough to lunge upward and Chip the Slowpoke Away from the predator. You look on horror-struck as the shroud of bubbles disperses to reveal the pasty slowpoke, its tail completely severed... Trying to keep down your lunch you focus back on the battle at hand, Delilah letting off a Thunder Wave which coils around the eel locking up its muscles. Fuelled with rage the lamprey spits off a vat of Acid - missing the Chinchou by inches, courtesy of its blurred vision, and melting a hole in the wooden floorboards. You’d gotten off to an impressive start with luck on your side, but considering neither of you had landed a solid hit you could still be headed to Davey Jones’ locker. What will you do?
    Having incapacitated Briney's Slowpoke, Eelektrik had set its sights on the rest of the group, but they had other plans! Delilah was ready to rescue the helpless Water Pokemon and started by enveloping the entire room in a series of Flashes of light, almost blinding those who didn't look away, especially Eelektrik. Stunned by the Flash attack, Eelektrik was now vulnerable to Kray's attack. Kray couldn't get a good hold on Slowpoke, the way the EleFish was thrashing around, but he did Chip Away at Eelektrik's health.

    This Sparked Eelektrik's interest in battling the two fish for sure. It crackled with electricity and charged straight for what it thought was Kray, but... when you take a Flash to the eyes like that, you tend to see things... differently. Delilah didn't exactly like being rammed into like that, but she did like Absorbing all that Voltage being given off. Hyrem knew that ability of hers would come in handy! Slowpoke, on the other hand... well, nobody could tell what he felt, but having more electricity coursing through his body while already in a coma... that couldn't be good. Delilah needed to continue messing with the eel's senses, so she sent off Supersonic vibrations that sounded even louder through Hyrem's walkie-talkie. "Ow, ow, ow, bad idea, bad idea!" he cried as he covered his ears. Still, the purpose of the attack was achieved, and Eelektrik's senses were completely confused, as evidenced by it slapping itself with its tail. Fortunately, no one else was confused, including Kray; this time, he successfully manages to Chip Slowpoke Away from Eelektrik's mouth. They managed to achieve their goal, but the sight of a pale Slowpoke with its tail gone didn't exactly make the effort worth it.

    And they still had a hungry, ticked off Eelektrik to deal with. The little Chinchou remembered that, and so continued the onslaught with a Thunder Wave, which successfully paralyzed Eelektrik. Now it was really ticked off; first they made it let go of its lunch, and now they paralyze it? That Chinchou would pay! In an attempt to start the digestive process on Delilah, it tried to spit out some stomach Acid at her, but it narrowly missed. Everything had gone their way so far, even though Eelektrik had almost all of its health, it's just that they hadn't made an effort to hit hard... yet.

    "All right, we got Slowpoke free! Now it's time for some damage! Delilah, let's go for a Shock Wave, then two waves of Bubbles!" The Chinchou didn't have a lot of powerful attacks yet, but maybe Andy and Kray had some attacks that hit harder...

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

  10. #410
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: You gaze down the smoky battlefield, fiery cinders and sparks of electricity lighting it up with each impressive collision. With the haze starting to falter you notice Wildfire’s hair frazzled and on end from the static whilst Blitzle’s stripes were blemished with red blisters. Neither looked to last another round and with one more spurt of confidence cough up a wheezy set of orders, courtesy of the scattering smog, and brandish a Pokéball ready to take aim. The echidna nods as bounds into the smokescreen, his beady eyes fixed on the zebra with a nerve-racking Leer. With the Blitzle’s vision fogged up it doesn’t catch sight of the intimidation tactics and instead canters into a Wild Charge. Ducking its head the foal rams into the rodent’s shoulder, not managing to hit head-on but still leaving a harsh blow. Rolling sideways Wildfire tries to find his opponent again, his eyes far better trained for the smoke as he fires off a burst of Embers at Blitzle’s hooves. The zebra whines in pain, trotting waywardly to put out the flames around its feet. It then lets out a kick of frustration Stomping on Cyndaquil who tumbles back with a large hoof-shaped shiner on his left eye. Hanging on by the skin of his teeth, the echidna musters up another Extrasensory whilst you ready for the catch. The gold beam catches the zebra on the flank, causing one of its legs to buckle. Teetering on a knockout, sparks start flying up its body but before it could lynch off another attack you aim with one eye open and lob the red-white sphere into the smoke. You catch sound of it hitting the target and ricocheting onto the gravelly terra. Straining your ears, the familiar Ping! sends your spirits sky high. Congratulations! Level Six Blitzle was caught! Just as you’d salvaged your newest capture from the charred banks Volkner’s voice brings you back to reality.

    “Not bad, kid. Not that I could see much of it. Luxray caught the whole thing with his X-Ray vision”, the blond man smiles, leant coolly against the jungle cat who looked poised for action. “Now she’ll need to be in top shape if you’re gonna ride her. Pass me the Pokéball”. You oblige, Volkner catching the ball in one swipe and sending the Blitzle back out. The foal looks about ready to topple over, still beat up from the skirmish. Volkner strokes its nuzzle, bonding with it instantly as he brandishes a Potion from one of his jean pockets. He whispers reassuringly in the zebra’s ear “this may sting a little” as he pulls on the trigger, spraying vapour on the Pokémon’s blisters. The Blitzle neighs feebly but the medicine quickly works its magic as her wounds miraculously fade away. She’d be in top riding shape, and you can’t help but think you’ll need it as the trickling stream dries out. Volkner sends you a serious nod before jumping back onto the Luxray and taking off for the dam. Your new Blitzle eyes you obediently, what will you do?

    Myahoo, with your first capture you’ve unlocked rights to the Egg House. Be sure to link to your response to this update when picking up your egg.
    Melissa coughed as the Smokescreen started drifting towards her. Maybe having so many of those wasn't the best idea, she thought wryly as the smoke caused her eyes to water. Squinting at Wildfire through the smoke, she could see his fur sticking up from all the Electric attacks and she hoped the Blitzle wouldn't get too many more hits in; the fire echidna was her strongest Pokemon at the moment, not to mention her closest friend. She winced when she caught the telltale sparks of another Electric attack and clenched her fist triumphantly when she heard a responding whinny. The teen kept an eye on the shifting smoke and barely caught the golden beam signalling Wildfire's Extrasensory. Upon seeing one of the foal's legs buckling, she aimed with a single eye, her other having closed in response to all the smoke, and tossed the Pokeball at the sparking Blitzle, the sparks indicating where the Pokemon had fallen. She held her breath when she heard the dual-colored ball hit something solid, before making a sound as it hit the ground. It almost felt like everything had frozen as Melissa strained her ears for that Ping! and, when she heard it, everything suddenly began again.

    Letting her breath out in a rush, she hurried into the smoke, spirits light as air, as she picked up her brand-new Blitzle on her way to her Cyndaquil. It was only when Volkner's voice came from behind her that she remembered why she'd battled the Blitzle in the first place. Gently, but quickly, picking up her weary starter, she grinned at Volkner, still high on the rush of having caught her first Pokemon, tossing the Pokeball to the Gym Leader when he asked for it. She turned to Wildfire and said softly, "Great job, buddy! We did it, we caught our first wild Pokemon." He nodded wearily, not feeling up to anything more strenous; that had been much harder than he thought it would be. Together, the pair watched as Volkner released their new teammate, Melissa wincing when she realized the extent of the damage and Wildfire feeling satisfied that he'd been able to deal out that much damage. The teen's thoughts and gaze drifted back upriver as Volkner used a Potion on her Blitzle, returning to the situation at hand; she wondered what they would find when they reached the dam. She then thanked him for healing the Pokemon, thinking privately to herself that they'd need to be in top shape to take on whatever had made the dam stop.

    Finished healing the foal, Volkner gave Melissa a serious nod, before leaping onto his Luxray and heading towards the dam. The teen looked at her new Blitzle, shifting Wildfire to her left hand and reaching her right hand out to the Electrified Pokemon. With a nicker, the Blitzle touched Melissa's hand with her nose and the trainer grinned. "I've got a name for you, girl. How does Storm sound?" she murmured, as she got closer, preparing to mount the foal. The newly-dubbed Storm nodded and nudged the girl, indicating her trainer should get on quickly. Another grin crossed Melissa's face as she clambered up onto Storm's back, the trainer still giddy over her first capture, trying to settle herself into a comfortable position; this was the first time she'd ever ridden any equine and she hoped she didn't screw it up too badly. "Alright, Storm, let's go," she told her, when she found what she hoped was a good position, Wildfire clutching tightly to Melissa's shirt. With a whinny, Storm took off after Volkner's Luxray, bringing them closer to finding out what was wrong with the dam.

  11. #411
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post

    MarbleZone: Things were starting to look very dire, and you knew you had to do something before it got even worse, even if it meant a bit of collateral damage. You try to ease Andrew up, letting him know that everything was under control, and that he should focus on the important task of staying alive and unharmed. Besides, somebody would cover for the necessary repairs, and hopefully, it wouldn't have to be you.

    Facing against two Grimer, you choose to go full offensive, focusing all of your attacks on the weakened one in hopes of taking it down as soon as possible. Both of your Pokémon are quick to follow orders, Crix, going in first as both of his forearms are covered in flames, chopping accross the Grimer with a Cross motion traced with fire. Before the Grimer could even react, Gaius jumps in, thrashing about violently in mighty Outrage. The Grimer had clearly taken a beating, but somehow, it still held on to consciousness! Woe to you, it breathes even more Poison Gas over your Pokémon, both of them coughing heavily as a result before Crix pulls off an encore of his previous attack to finally shut the Grimer down for good. By the looks of it however, it seemed your Pokémon were now unfortunately Poisoned, and the gas would only worsen the situation by forcing them to expend extra energy on their attacks. You yourself were already feeling slightly faint and sick as the stench filled your nostrils. You felt like throwing up your breakfast, and Andrew makes no effort to retain his own as he starts barfing it all up. Nasty! To top things off, the other Grimer looks really pissed after witnessing his partner being so roughly mistreated, and dives towards your Pokémon in anger, arms flailing as he Pounds the both of your Pokémon. Gaius unleashes his might yet again with another burst of Outrage in retaliation, pounding the Grimer over and over again with a combo of bites, slashes and dragon flares, only to be stopped short by a single, but well-placed Pound to the face. Gaius tries to regain his bearings, but it seems that after all that thrashing, plus the slight concussion to his head, that may just take a while; by his looks you could tell he was very much Confused! The Grimer may be slow, but they were bulky, and it was almost like they had bricks for fists. If what Andrew said was correct, there was probably still yet another Grimer inside, but given the current circumstances, it was probably best to take things outside. The ventilation system seemed to be damaged, and with the poison gas floating around, time was ticking even more against you.

    "D-dude!" Andrew exclaimed while still trying to control his excessive coughing, gagging a bit spastically in between coughs. "Don't you guys work in groups or something? You have to call for back-up man! This is too much!" Call for back up... as if. A little bit of extra pressure always brings the best in someone though, right?

    What will you do?
    Levin started coughing spastically, the gas clearly getting to him as well as poor Andrew. To make matters worse, both Crix and Gaius were now Poisoned, with the latter being Confused on top of it. Could the deck be stacked against him any further? On the upside, they had managed to topple one of the Grimer, so now only one remained… at least there were no signs of the supposed third Grimer yet, so that gave him some time.

    Thinking clearly was getting harder with the noxious atmosphere, but two things were evident: Crix and Gaius had to leave the battle, and taking things outside could well cause general panic – there was a very obvious reason why people didn’t go about having Pokémon battles in the middle of crowded streets. They had to keep this confrontation somewhat unnoticed, both for the safety of any bystanders and for the sake of his own reputation.

    - Andrew, open the door now! We have to clear off the air, at least renew somewhat! Then get out, I don’t want to risk your health any longer, I’ll handle things from here!

    Keeping the door open would at least let some of the toxic air wash out, but they still had to stop Grimer from pouring out more of that Gas. Fortunately the opponent had already received a dead-on Outrage so he wasn’t fresh either… He had an idea. The only way to counter poison was to use Pokémon that were unaffected by it.

    - Gaius, Crix, great job! Return to your Pokéballs, I’ll fix you up as soon as this is over! And out you go, Opal and Zion!

    After recalling his Gible and Elekid, two new Pokémon emerged in front of Levin – a shy-looking Venonat and a quiet Beldum.


    - Time to get moving! Opal, Disable Grimer’s Poison Gas! Follow it up with two Hidden Power Ground! Zion, you keep up the pressure with three Take Downs in succession if need be, make sure it goes down!

    His head felt dizzy and his stomach wouldn’t stand still for some reason. Hopefully they could stop more toxins from coming out, and the fresh air from the open door would ease the atmosphere enough for him not to pass out; at least neither his Beldum nor his Venonat would be affected by the gas, which still gave them a fighting chance. He hoped.
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 6th January 2013 at 10:44 PM.

  12. #412
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: Mulling over your options, you finally cave and let Kitty fight the grouchy owl. The kittens pink fur was on end as she raised her rump into a pouncing motion – licking her lips as her paw-like tail swayed in the breeze. The Hoothoot was clipped its beak again as it swooped forward for a Peck. Claws suddenly bare, the feline suddenly Faked left before taking the bird Out from the right with a swipe! Knocking the owl off its perch it hooted wildly before landing on a lower branch. Its bloodshot eyes dawned on Kitty, flickering a shade of blue as pulsed off another Confusion. The psychic salvo knocks the Skitty off balance, nearly falling off the branch before catching herself with her tail. You brace yourself to try and catch the cat, but she’s quick to hoist herself up and leap toward the Hoothoot. Lowering her head Kitty Tackles into the owl sending brown feathers everywhere as the two struggle the break apart. The owl concedes, jumping off the branch and flapping its stubby wings to stay airborne. Still in mid-air, the Hoothoot lets loose another screech, Kitty sticking her paws in her ears in a feeble attempt to block out the painful Uproar. What will you do?
    OOC: Sorry for the lateness, I had a terrible writer's block!

    Kitty was more than happy to take on the annoying Hoothoot. While the little owl attempted to Peck Kitty, she skillfully dodged a bit to the left, only to return with a Fake Out from the right! Noriko looked on with pride: her partner had grown so much already. Hoothoot managed to land on a lower branch, sending off a blue pulse of Confusion at Kitty. This caused Kitty to stumble slightly, but she managed to keep herself from falling with her tail, as much as Noriko was ready to catch her. Shrugging the near-falling off, Kitty launched at Hoothoot, smacking right into it with Tackle, sending brown feathers flying everywhere.

    Hoothoot gave up under pressure, flying off the branch it was on while leaving Kitty room to land. Instead, Hoothoot started to cause an Uproar in mid-air, causing Kitty to try and desperately plug her ears. Noriko was already holding her hands on her ears, the vocal attack getting painful to hear. The trainer had to come up with something, quick!

    “Kitty, hang on! Use Incinerate and then Attract!” Getting the Hoothoot to be quiet was a top priority, no doubt about that!

  13. #413
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Rainbow Reef

    Trainer Andy and Dark Searchman: The eerie remains of the abandoned shipwreck are quickly knocked out of focus as the menacing Eelektrik pans into view. Dangling from its sucker-like mouth was the body of a pale Slowpoke, strands of blood streaming from the base of his tail through the murky water. You decide on working together to rescue to comatose ‘Poke, making use of the Corphish’s pilfering skills whilst Chinchou posed a distraction. With a set of gargled orders the two Pokémon spring into action. Delilah is first off the bat, her glowing antennae drifting as she flounders toward the fissure. You both have to squint as she ups the amps in her lightbulbs, bathing the room in a Flash of blinding light. Trying to blink away the spots impeding your vision you catch sight of the Eelektrik who looked just as dazed. With Kray’s back turned to the radiance, he’s able to quickly dart forward, the eel tussling and squirming wildly making Slowpoke impossible to get a hold on. The crustacean attempts to Chip Away at the hostage’s tail to knock it lose, only to inadvertently hit the enemy in the cheek.

    The blinded amprey retaliates by Sparking with electricity, attempting to tackle into Kray but hitting Delilah instead. The angler fish bowls backwards but her batteries seem to have benefited from the recharge – Slowpoke the only one taking the hit as sparks jolt down his lifeless body. With the foe still too energetic she sends off an echo of Supersonic waves which reverberate across the room, the high frequencies making your walkie talkies go haywire. You clap your ears whilst Eelektrik and Kray’s eye’s glaze over in confusion. The electric eel slaps itself with its tail in its stupor, meanwhile Kray manages to come to his senses quick enough to lunge upward and Chip the Slowpoke Away from the predator. You look on horror-struck as the shroud of bubbles disperses to reveal the pasty slowpoke, its tail completely severed... Trying to keep down your lunch you focus back on the battle at hand, Delilah letting off a Thunder Wave which coils around the eel locking up its muscles. Fuelled with rage the lamprey spits off a vat of Acid - missing the Chinchou by inches, courtesy of its blurred vision, and melting a hole in the wooden floorboards. You’d gotten off to an impressive start with luck on your side, but considering neither of you had landed a solid hit you could still be headed to Davey Jones’ locker. What will you do?


    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Having incapacitated Briney's Slowpoke, Eelektrik had set its sights on the rest of the group, but they had other plans! Delilah was ready to rescue the helpless Water Pokemon and started by enveloping the entire room in a series of Flashes of light, almost blinding those who didn't look away, especially Eelektrik. Stunned by the Flash attack, Eelektrik was now vulnerable to Kray's attack. Kray couldn't get a good hold on Slowpoke, the way the EleFish was thrashing around, but he did Chip Away at Eelektrik's health.

    This Sparked Eelektrik's interest in battling the two fish for sure. It crackled with electricity and charged straight for what it thought was Kray, but... when you take a Flash to the eyes like that, you tend to see things... differently. Delilah didn't exactly like being rammed into like that, but she did like Absorbing all that Voltage being given off. Hyrem knew that ability of hers would come in handy! Slowpoke, on the other hand... well, nobody could tell what he felt, but having more electricity coursing through his body while already in a coma... that couldn't be good. Delilah needed to continue messing with the eel's senses, so she sent off Supersonic vibrations that sounded even louder through Hyrem's walkie-talkie. "Ow, ow, ow, bad idea, bad idea!" he cried as he covered his ears. Still, the purpose of the attack was achieved, and Eelektrik's senses were completely confused, as evidenced by it slapping itself with its tail. Fortunately, no one else was confused, including Kray; this time, he successfully manages to Chip Slowpoke Away from Eelektrik's mouth. They managed to achieve their goal, but the sight of a pale Slowpoke with its tail gone didn't exactly make the effort worth it.

    And they still had a hungry, ticked off Eelektrik to deal with. The little Chinchou remembered that, and so continued the onslaught with a Thunder Wave, which successfully paralyzed Eelektrik. Now it was really ticked off; first they made it let go of its lunch, and now they paralyze it? That Chinchou would pay! In an attempt to start the digestive process on Delilah, it tried to spit out some stomach Acid at her, but it narrowly missed. Everything had gone their way so far, even though Eelektrik had almost all of its health, it's just that they hadn't made an effort to hit hard... yet.

    "All right, we got Slowpoke free! Now it's time for some damage! Delilah, let's go for a Shock Wave, then two waves of Bubbles!" The Chinchou didn't have a lot of powerful attacks yet, but maybe Andy and Kray had some attacks that hit harder...
    The battle to rescue Slowpoke was now underway, and Andy was honestly having trouble making out was was going on, between all the bright flashes from Delilah and sparks of electricity from the Eelektrik, his ability to follow the battle hampered momentarily even more by the supersonic screech coming from over the walkie talkies.

    "Ow, ow, ow, bad idea, bad idea!" He thought he heard Hyrem's voice crackle through the din. Andy wasn't sure whether it was still the feedback or if his ears were now just ringing.

    Andy agreed with that sentiment, "Maybe we should turn these off the next time you want to try that mov... Oh god..."

    One thing that the group did seem to notice was Briney's Slowpoke who, for lack of a better word, was looking worse for wear. Andy balked slightly, the sight of the Slowpoke having a worse effect on him than when he saw Hyrem with that Basculin clamped to him. Andy tried his hardest to regain his focus, and his stomach. Their foe was now angry, and they were getting exhausted from all the swimming, they'd really have to up their game now if they wanted Slowpoke, or indeed any of them, to make it out of here alive.

    "Ok, I wasn't sure if these moves would work because of where we are and what we're fighting but it looks like we can't be holding back now." Andy explained, "That Thunder Wave Delilah let off seemed to have some kind of effect, so here goes nothing." Andy's attention snapped back to the ensuing battle. "Ok, Kray, time yourself and try to make these moves connect the same time as Delilah's. When she uses Shock Wave, back it up with a Thunder Punch, then help push those Bubble volleys along with a Surf."

    Andy could only hope that a combined attack would be able to do some kind of damage to was obviously a very strong opponent. If it didn't, who knew what would happen...

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  14. #414
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    454

    Default Whale Island - 17

    Rainbow Reef

    Dark Searchman and Trainer Andy: Whilst the rescue of Briney’s Slowpoke in almost one piece had gone off without a sitch, there was still a long way to go as the hungry Amprey coiled hungrily between yourselves and escape. Sparks jumped up and down its slinky body in Delilah’s torchlight, strands of blood still drifting from its sucker mouth in the gentle currents of the sunken ship. Hearts pounding with fear, you team up for another round as the crustacean and the angler fish spring into action. Delilah flounders in an arc toward the foe, her bulbs crackling as she lets loose a Shockwave of electricity. The current bursts from her position, hitting the eel as well as Kray who’d gone in for a Thunder Punch. Socking the foe in the fin with one of his crabhammers, he’s suddenly knocked sideways caught in the angler fish’s line of fire. The hardy Corphish flails his pincer angrily in the Chinchou’s direction, cursing something like ‘Watch where you’re firing!’ This unfortunately leaves him sitting duck for Eelektrik’s revenge as his markings flicker on and he shoots forward like a torpedo. The eel’s combusts into a Charge of Wild electricity as he rams into the lobster with a powerful tackle. Corphish grits his teeth as he’s sent crashing into the greenish floorboards which splinter on impact, emerging with sparks still flying up his shell armour.

    Rounding back on Kray, the predator is caught completely off guard as Delilah spits off a jet of Bubbles. The foamy blast peppers against its dorsal fin for a modest hit, managing to grab his attention more than anything. Eelektrik switches targets immediately, veering up toward Delilah and latching onto her with a Crunch. The angler fish wails in pain as the lamprey sinks its teeth into her scales, sporting a ring of gory bite marks on her torso as they break apart. Corphish swims back up to his battle partner’s side, the duo tailing off the round with a Bubble-Surf combo. As Chinchou gargles up another jet of foam, the Corphish flails its arms to create a wave that pulls the bubbles into its current. The torrent arcs down the deck and breaks on reaching its target. An explosion of foam engulfs the murky waters, momentarily obscuring the lamprey from view. The Eelektrik suddenly springs out of its cover and lunges for Delilah, Coiling its body around the Chinchou and locking it in a tight constrict. What will you do?

    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: With the river bone dry and a new method of quick transport you set your sights on the Hydro-Electric Dam. Thoughts of evil organisations, terrorists and destructive Pokémon race through your head as you wonder what could grind the colossal generator to a halt like that. These thoughts cause a lump in the pit of your stomach as you approach your steed, but Volkner couldn’t be more excited. He taps his shoe impatiently against Luxray’s flank, occasionally glancing toward you and back up at the destination. Storm neighs tamely as you go to saddle up, pressing her muzzle against your open palm. Putting one hand on her neck for support, the zebra braces as you climb on. A sudden tingling sensation travels up your spine easing your nerves, your hair gaining some extra bounce courtesy of Storm’s static. Comfortably mounted you gaze toward Volkner who had already set off in overwhelming excitement, and on your signal the zebra was galloping in tow. The sudden jerk in speed almost sends you off balance, coaxing you to lock your legs in tight as you grabbed ahold of the lightning bolt mane.

    Breaking through the threshold of billowing smoke you quickly close distance with the bounding jungle cat, gaining momentum from its slipstream. Fear of falling quickly subsides as the thrill of riding took steed. Wind swept through your hair, the trees to your right flashing by like green blurs, the concrete structure panning closer into view until it was all you could see. Now a stone’s throw away from the dam Volkner brakes, slackening his grip on Luxray’s mane and holding a hand up to grab your attention. Storm canters to a halt as the gym leader examines the colossal structure, one hand covering his brow to block out the sun. Minutes roll by as he stares at the eyesore. You could swear he was X-Raying it, picking apart its cogs and wheels looking for a chink in its inner mechanics...

    “That’s what’s causing it!” Volkner yells, signalling toward a large turbine on the heart of the dam “The cylinder’s been clogged. I bet it was sabotage!” You can’t help but spot an air of excitement in the gym leader’s voice, as though the higher the stakes were there more fun your mission would be. Despite the growing lump in your throat, you set off with Volkner as he races further up the dried bank like a restless child. The winding trail was getting considerably steeper as you ambled on, a gravelly incline leading toward the top of the dam and no doubt - an overflowing reservoir swarming with danger. Storm neighs gruffly as she scales the path with growing difficulty, losing Luxray who’d already vaulted to its peak. The zebra hurdled up over rocks with each rough landing giving you nasty saddle sores. You almost consider an early dismount until a blond head of hair comes into view over the next stretch of boulder. As you approached there was no hiding the sallow look of disappointment in face. It was hard to tell why, the embankment was broad and long, spanning a great deal further than the eye could see. What was more fascinating was the Bidoof and Bibarel colony building their own dam across the reservoir. Packs of small Bidoof would break out of the forests carrying twigs and branches in their mouths, the Bibarel fusing the sticks into the muddy blockade with a slap of their flat tails. Each slap seemed to echo like a smack in the face for Volkner, who’d been expecting chaos as he bolted toward the dam - a real challenge. He eyed the lumber dam scathingly.

    “That’s what’s clogging the turbine?” Volkner said to himself in frustration, “Mud and branches?!” He starts pacing in a mixture of disbelief and anger. He’d obviously had his guns set on a more dangerous scenario. You go to speak but he quickly rounds on you, the words caught at the bottom of your throat. “YOU deal with it! Even a preschooler and his Magikarp could unblock that hole!” his voice cracks as he waves a careless hand toward you, wanting nothing to do with such a trivial crisis. You switch your gaze toward the crystal clear water, eventually spotting the turbine which must have fed the water into the rivers downstream. It was, as the gym leader described, clogged with mud and branches that had drifted off from the beaver dam. You notice the propeller blades shunt feebly at the thicket of timber. Until it had been salvaged or destroyed, the valley would dry up. The job wasn’t mangled with danger but you couldn’t help feel Volkner had taken it lightly. It wouldn’t be easy for a Pokémon to get down there and the Sunyshore leader had made it clear he wasn’t going to lend a hand. What will you do?

    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: Ditto on the Writer’s Block front :/ I usually just power through what I’ve got to write though, even if it does look really poor when I read it back.

    You clap your ears as the owl’s screeching reverberates through the canopy of leaves, Skitty’s hairs standing on end as she attempts to block out the racket. Much to your chagrin it doesn’t look to go on its own, the Hoothoot’s Uproar keeping up whilst the bird was on a roll. You clasp your hands around your mouth this time, yelling up another set of orders which you could only hope hadn’t been drowned out. Kitty, who’d buried her head in her paws in efforts to siphon out all noise quickly springs into action on hearing your voice – her eyes smouldering with loathing as she glared at the fluttering foe. Drawing in breath the kitten suddenly expels a flurry of embers which Incinerate the Hoothoot and the surrounding branches to boot. Luckily it’d rained a few hours ago stopping the canopy from catching fire, but the owl looked truly scorched as her uproar died off into a splutter courtesy of the billowing smoke – leaving behind a ringing in your ears. With its feathers still smouldering the owl roosts on the nearest branch it can find, throwing off another Confusion knocking Kitty back as she wields her tail into counterbalance. Not landing status Kitty rounds off the skirmish with an Attract, wagging her tail seductively and sending a playful wink toward the bird. Your gamble seems to pay off as the male barn owl is overcome with infatuation. The little bird flails suspended in mid air, staring lovesick at the cat who licked her lips ready to make the next move. With the Hoothoot left a sitting duck victory was almost in reach, what will you do?
    Last edited by Emp; 21st August 2012 at 8:53 PM.

  15. #415
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balmund View Post
    ::Pieli Harbour::

    uhhhhh: You fear the worst regarding Angie's fate, though you didn't dare speak it out loud, and more so as you find out who this man was actually targetting was none other than you! Why? What had you done? And what did he want to do with your camera? Whatever it was, this was simply too precious an item to let go, and you would defend it at costs. You recall Humphrey back to his Pokéball before busting out another one of your partners, Marco, the shiny Remoraid. Though he was literally like a fish out of water in this environment, you had planned to do something about that, and you hold him out like one would with a gun. Pointing out towards the Murkrow, Marco fires a chilling Ice Beam in its direction... and misses! The crow Pokémon maneouvering past the beam, it dives its beak straight into your torso and forcing you to drop your weapon from the sudden accute pain. Gaspard eeeks in shock and tries to run to your rescue, but he has his hands and tail are full as he tries to defend himself against the Weavile; swinging another Fire Punch only to have it blocked by a Reflective barrier, and in turn recieving a Poisonous Jab to the face. Lola on her end found herself losing focus as Kim did, and the sight of Angie unconscious didn't help at all either. She couldn't do a thing as the other Weavile rammed against her with a Quick Attack. The Lopunny attempts to defend herself with a one-two Double Hit combo, only to find herself stunned silly by a sudden Rock Smash breaking the frozen section in her abdomen; a flurry of Fury Swipes then falling upon her in turn. Far from immobilized by love, it actually seemed Weavile was all too eager to rip her beloved one to shreds now - the sick bastard.

    You look up and find Murkrow hovering above you while indeed holding your precious camera within its beak. How did things turned so ugly all of the sudden? And then, a ray of hope. Acting under his own initiative, Foster swoops in to Knock Off your dear camera from the thief's grasp, falling square in the security of your hands. You could then almost swear you'd heard him say "Cheese" before Flashing a bright beam of light right unto the Murkrow's eyes. Another flash lights up simultaneously, and this time it was Marco! The shiny Remoraid shifts forms and evolves into a dazzling shiny Octillery, and in this form he has absolutely no problem aiming on his own; nailing Murkrow with a far more powerful Ice Beam! Lola also seems to turn things in her favor, suddenly ducking for a Low Sweep and knocking the Weavile off its feet before she leaps high into the air. Weavile seems to try rolling out in defense, but finds its body somehow completely Disabled, courtesy of Taffy. There was nary a thing it could do as Lola Bounced straight into the Weavile's back! Now that was something it probably isn't recovering easily from. On his end of the battle, Gaspard tries shaking off the stinging effect of poison as the Weavile seems to inhale for another devastating Blizzard. Gritting his teeth, the Aipom bears with it and tackles the Weavile once again, having it stagger back and completely misblow the icy storm as Gaspard U-turned back to safety with nimble somersault.He still got his game going, though he probably didn't have enough energy left for more fiery punches or bug dives.

    The tide of battles start turning once more however, as the Murkrow now exhales a thick Haze all over the battlefield. With everyone's visibility now impaired, anything could happen. You didn't just have the man's Pokčmon to worry about, but he himself could be extremely dangerous without doubt.

    What will you do?
    OoC: Writer's block is bad. Really bad. Sorry for the wait, this has been long overdue.

    "Here goes nothing Marco..." Connor said to his Remoraid whom he aimed at at the Murkrow. "Ready... and fire!" he shouted out as Marco fired an Ice Beam at the Murkrow... and missed. Apparently, Connor's skill of aiming with his camera did not translate into aiming with a gun... or a fish that looks like a gun, in Marco's case. The Murkrow then promptly hit Connor into the torso with its beak, forcing Connor to drop Marco to the ground. Connor winced in pain as the Murkrow's attack really did damage to him. "Ow... that hurt..." he said before he looked up and was shocked as to what he saw.

    The Murkrow had his camera on its beak now.

    "No... I'm not letting you... just take my camera like that!" Connor shouted as suddenly the Murkrow was attacked by Foster's Knock Off and the camera was indeed knocked off and promptly fell on Connor's hands. He then also Flashed at the Murkrow, slightly blinding him. "Foster! You can still fight?" Connor called out to his Shuppet who just nodded, "Shup-shup!" he called back. "Heh, sorry about that. I thought you were out for the count!" he said as suddenly, another light shone... Connor looked at the source which turned out to be Marco, "Marco? What's going on?" he said as Foster and Gaspard were both also distracted by the light.

    The Remoraid next to him suddenly grew bigger as his fins started to transform into eight tentacles. Some parts of his body was growing yellow bumps on his sickly-green skin, most of them are on his tentacles. The head then grew rounder and Connor had noticed that the mouth had grown turret-like. It was then that Connor realized what was happening to his shiny Remoraid: Marco was evolving!

    The light from Marco faded as the newly evolved Octillery finally revealed his new form. "Wow... that's amazing..." Connor's jaw dropped as he took out his Pokedex and aimed it at the Octillery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Octillery, the Jet Pokemon. It has a tendency to want to be in holes. It prefers rock crags or pots and sprays ink from them before attacking.
    Marco then launched the second Ice Beam that Connor ordered, this time the beam noticeably stronger than before and directly hit the Murkrow. The shiny Octillery looked like he got used to his new power already. "Octill!" he shouted out towards the Murkrow.

    Things were looking good on Connor's side as Marco and Gaspard were taking down the Murkrow and a Weavile respectively with Foster on support and Taffy and Lola teaming up to KO another Weavile. Suddenly however, the Murkrow let out a haze that covered the battlefield. Connor's visibility decreased as he suddenly couldn't see the enemy. He gritted his teeth. He had to think of a plan fast.

    "Tch... how am I going to get rid of this haze?" Connor thought. "Kim, snap out of it! I need your help clearing this haze!" he called out to Kim, hoping she'd come to her senses. If that didn't work however... "Foster, try to brighten things up a bit with Sunny Day, then two Screeches at the Weavile and the Murkrow!" he didn't have much options into getting a definite way to clear the haze himself, but at least he had to try. "Marco stay close to me, I dunno what that man is planning and I know he's after me, so I need you to be nearby in case he does anything funny. I also want you to look for the Murkrow as well. I want you to Lock-On to him, Focus your Energy, and launch a Rock Blast at 'em! Hopefully your Sniper ability should activate!" he said to his Shiny Octillery who had now begun looking for the bird. "And lastly... Gaspard, once you see the Weavile, lay down the hurt on him with three Rock Smashes! Let's see how he likes that!" he commanded.
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 20th August 2012 at 1:31 PM.

  16. #416
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: Ditto on the Writer’s Block front :/ I usually just power through what I’ve got to write though, even if it does look really poor when I read it back.

    You clap your ears as the owl’s screeching reverberates through the canopy of leaves, Skitty’s hairs standing on end as she attempts to block out the racket. Much to your chagrin it doesn’t look to go on its own, the Hoothoot’s Uproar keeping up whilst the bird was on a roll. You clasp your hands around your mouth this time, yelling up another set of orders which you could only hope hadn’t been drowned out. Kitty, who’d buried her head in her paws in efforts to siphon out all noise quickly springs into action on hearing your voice – her eyes smouldering with loathing as she glared at the fluttering foe. Drawing in breath the kitten suddenly expels a flurry of embers which Incinerate the Hoothoot and the surrounding branches to boot. Luckily it’d rained a few hours ago stopping the canopy from catching fire, but the owl looked truly scorched as her uproar died off into a splutter courtesy of the billowing smoke – leaving behind a ringing in your ears. With its feathers still smouldering the owl roosts on the nearest branch it can find, throwing off another Confusion knocking Kitty back as she wields her tail into counterbalance. Not landing status Kitty rounds off the skirmish with an Attract, wagging her tail seductively and sending a playful wink toward the bird. Your gamble seems to pay off as the male barn owl is overcome with infatuation. The little bird flails suspended in mid air, staring lovesick at the cat who licked her lips ready to make the next move. With the Hoothoot left a sitting duck victory was almost in reach, what will you do?
    There was nothing short of bright flames of loathing shining in Kitty’s eyes as she heard Noriko’s commands and turned her attention to Hoothoot. Said flames seemed to materialize into a powerful Incinerate: a burning attack flew right at Hoothoot, stopping the Uproar in its tracks, leaving only smoke and a sore throat behind. Noriko had a sudden start with the notion of plenty of wood and fire in the same location, but apparently the wood was moist enough to not spread fire. Maybe it had been raining recently? Quick to get out of Kitty’s reach, Hoothoot flew toward a nearby tree branch, attacking Kitty with Confusion.

    While the attack once again failed to produce confusion in Kitty, it didn’t even manage to throw the feline off balance, her tail acting as a wonderful balancing device. It was time to put Noriko’s plan into action as the Skitty wagged her tail and winked in the most charming and loving manner, creating a load of little hearts that hit Hoothoot right to the face. Maybe it was pure luck or female intuition but Noriko’s plan payed off: the male Hoothoot stared at Kitty from mid-air, fluttering his wings and making very lovey-dovey sounds.

    Noriko looked at Kitty. The little feline had on her face the most predatory look Noriko had ever seen. Hoothoot seemed to be too infatuated to even notice the dangerous licking of lips and tensing that was usually followed by a pounce for the yarn…or the kill. Victory was too close to let go of now!

    “We’ve got this in the bag, Kitty! Use Tackle and Incinerate once more!” After watching the battle unfold, Noriko decided to take her chances and threw a Pokéball [4/5] at Hoothoot with one hand while crossing her fingers with the other.
    Last edited by kaisap112; 20th August 2012 at 7:56 PM.

  17. #417
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: With the river bone dry and a new method of quick transport you set your sights on the Hydro-Electric Dam. Thoughts of evil organisations, terrorists and destructive Pokémon race through your head as you wonder what could grind the colossal generator to a halt like that. These thoughts cause a lump in the pit of your stomach as you approach your steed, but Volkner couldn’t be more excited. He taps his shoe impatiently against Luxray’s flank, occasionally glancing toward you and back up at the destination. Storm neighs tamely as you go to saddle up, pressing her muzzle against your open palm. Putting one hand on her neck for support, the zebra braces as you climb on. A sudden tingling sensation travels up your spine easing your nerves, your hair gaining some extra bounce courtesy of Storm’s static. Comfortably mounted you gaze toward Volkner who had already set off in overwhelming excitement, and on your signal the zebra was galloping in tow. The sudden jerk in speed almost sends you off balance, coaxing you to lock your legs in tight as you grabbed ahold of the lightning bolt mane.

    Breaking through the threshold of billowing smoke you quickly close distance with the bounding jungle cat, gaining momentum from its slipstream. Fear of falling quickly subsides as the thrill of riding took steed. Wind swept through your hair, the trees to your right flashing by like green blurs, the concrete structure panning closer into view until it was all you could see. Now a stone’s throw away from the dam Volkner brakes, slackening his grip on Luxray’s mane and holding a hand up to grab your attention. Storm canters to a halt as the gym leader examines the colossal structure, one hand covering his brow to block out the sun. Minutes roll by as he stares at the eyesore. You could swear he was X-Raying it, picking apart its cogs and wheels looking for a chink in its inner mechanics...

    “That’s what’s causing it!” Volkner yells, signalling toward a large turbine on the heart of the dam “The cylinder’s been clogged. I bet it was sabotage!” You can’t help but spot an air of excitement in the gym leader’s voice, as though the higher the stakes were there more fun your mission would be. Despite the growing lump in your throat, you set off with Volkner as he races further up the dried bank like a restless child. The winding trail was getting considerably steeper as you ambled on, a gravelly incline leading toward the top of the dam and no doubt - an overflowing reservoir swarming with danger. Storm neighs gruffly as she scales the path with growing difficulty, losing Luxray who’d already vaulted to its peak. The zebra hurdled up over rocks with each rough landing giving you nasty saddle sores. You almost consider an early dismount until a blond head of hair comes into view over the next stretch of boulder. As you approached there was no hiding the sallow look of disappointment in face. It was hard to tell why, the embankment was broad and long, spanning a great deal further than the eye could see. What was more fascinating was the Bidoof and Bibarel colony building their own dam across the reservoir. Packs of small Bidoof would break out of the forests carrying twigs and branches in their mouths, the Bibarel fusing the sticks into the muddy blockade with a slap of their flat tails. Each slap seemed to echo like a smack in the face for Volkner, who’d been expecting chaos as he bolted toward the dam - a real challenge. He eyed the lumber dam scathingly.

    “That’s what’s clogging the turbine?” Volkner said to himself in frustration, “Mud and branches?!” He starts pacing in a mixture of disbelief and anger. He’d obviously had his guns set on a more dangerous scenario. You go to speak but he quickly rounds on you, the words caught at the bottom of your throat. “YOU deal with it! Even a preschooler and his Magikarp could unblock that hole!” his voice cracks as he waves a careless hand toward you, wanting nothing to do with such a trivial crisis. You switch your gaze toward the crystal clear water, eventually spotting the turbine which must have fed the water into the rivers downstream. It was, as the gym leader described, clogged with mud and branches that had drifted off from the beaver dam. You notice the propeller blades shunt feebly at the thicket of timber. Until it had been salvaged or destroyed, the valley would dry up. The job wasn’t mangled with danger but you couldn’t help feel Volkner had taken it lightly. It wouldn’t be easy for a Pokémon to get down there and the Sunyshore leader had made it clear he wasn’t going to lend a hand. What will you do?
    The teen squeaked when Storm started cantering forward, her hands going to grab the foal's mane and her legs locking around the equine, while Wildfire's grip on his trainer's shirt tightened. The trio burst out of the lingering Smokescreen, quickly catching up to the dark-colored lion and its blond-haired rider, all heading towards the dam in a speedy fashion. It took a moment before Melissa could loosen the vice grip she had on her mount's mane, but, by that time, she'd started feeling the adrenaline rush again, her first-time rider's fear falling away when it became clear that she wasn't likely to fall anytime soon. She turned her attention to the dam that grew ever larger even as she watched, the trees blurring past in her peripherals.

    A stone's throw away from the concrete structure, Volkner raised a hand and Storm slowed to a stop, her two riders glancing between the Gym Leader and the dam curiously, trying to figure out what he was looking for. Melissa could almost imagine him X-raying the man-made structure, searching for the problem with the dam.

    "That's what's causing it!" he yelled and Melissa coudn't help jumping, both from his exclamation and from Wildfire's brief flaring of his flames. Storm shifted uncomfortably with a snort and a shake of her head, eying the girl with disappointment as Melissa tried to calm herself again; she hadn't expected Volkner to break the silence so suddenly. She looked towards where he was pointing, as he continued, "The cylinder's been clogged. I bet it was sabotage!" He sounded even more excited than he had when the dam had first screeched to a halt. She couldn't help remembering her thoughts from earlier: he definitely liked looking for trouble.

    With a lump of anxiety growing in her throat, the teen urged her Blitzle to follow the--she was starting to suspect he was crazy--Gym Leader up the bank, making it clear that she was in no hurry, though they quickly lost sight of Volkner's Luxray. The slope got steeper as they ascended, Storm neighing her reluctance to continuing climbing. Melissa was beginning to get saddle sores from Storm's leaping upwards and was starting to consider getting off; she was in no mood to deal with her new Pokemon's idiosyncrasies. "Storm, I get you don't want to continue going up, but I'd already decided to give Volkner a hand earlier, so we're gonna continue until we see him. Besides, this climb is just as bad for me as it is for you," she told the zebra firmly, her voice stern. A dark ear twisted backwards to listen before the equine continued onwards, movements not as reluctant as before.

    By the time the trio made it to the top, both mount and human rider were grateful to be on flat land. At least, until Melissa spotted Volkner's disappointed face. With an internal sigh at the more experienced trainer's behavior, the teen dismounted and scanned the embankment for the source of the Gym Leader's sour mood, shifting Wildfire back to her left shoulder. Her gaze quickly landed on a colony of Bidoof and Bibarel creating a lumber dam across the reservoir. The teen winced at the sight, glancing at Volkner to see his face darkening with each slap of the Bibarel's tails on their little wooden dam. He was obviously pissed off at this development.

    "That's what's clogging the turbine?" Melissa could hear the frustration in his voice and wondered absently why he looked so hard for chaos and destruction. Honestly, she almost felt like she was dealing with a younger sibling the way he was going about things. "Mud and branches?!" The blond started pacing and the disbelief and anger in his movements is clear. She found herself at a loss; after all, what did you say to a childish Gym Leader who'd just been disappointed by reality? Opening her mouth to possibly offer some condolences and maybe a silver lining, he rounded on her and the forming words dissipated like a mist. "YOU deal with it! Even a preschooler and his Magikarp could unblock that hole!" She caught the crack in his voice as he shoved the situation her way, waving a careless hand toward the girl and obviously wanting nothing to do with the trivial crisis. Melissa pursed her lips, finding his behavior starting to irritate her and debating the intelligence of refusing to deal with the situation herself, but she eventually turned her attention back to the dam. She scanned the crystal clear water, eventually finding the turbine that probably fed the river downstream; she noticed it was clogged with mud and branches, just like Volkner said, and it twitched feebly, still attempting to do its job. With an audible sigh this time, the teen reached for one particular Pokeball, glad that she had been able to acquire this Pokemon before she'd arrived. A burst of red light came from the two-colored sphere and her Finneon materialized inside the reservoir. Melissa took a few steps to the edge of the embankment, her new Pokemon craning her neck to peer curiously at the fish, and crouched down, feeling Wildfire shift on her shoulder to accommodate the change in position.

    "Stream, d'you see the turbine down there? The one with the mud and sticks in it?" She pointed at the mud-and-stick-clogged turbine. The Wing Fish Pokemon turned to look, nodding when he noticed it. "Could you do me a favor and see whether a Water Gun could clear up all that mud and stuff? Be careful of the current, if it works, alright?" She smiled at him when he nodded, turning to swim down to the turbine, while she kept an eye on him to make sure he'd be alright.

  18. #418
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    No
    Posts
    559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Whale Island
    The Hydro-Electric Zone

    Laguna Peninsula
    The Laguna Peninsula, also known as "Pirate Isle", is mainly forest and is famous for once harbouring a particularly nasty clan of pirates whose treasure is rumoured to still be hidden away somewhere in the vicinity. The peninsula is located on the south east end of Whale Island and although the pirates have long since vacated the land, they've certainly left their mark. Other than a rest house occupied by the peninsula's caretaker, there are no other dwellings here, the entire peninsula being under the protection of the Whale Island Conservation Society (WICS). It is said secret hideouts are cleverly hidden everywhere, so even if you're not aware of it you'll definitely have passed several of them if you're to take a scenic walk across the peninsula. Visit Pirate Isle and you'll be in for a jolly good time.

    Laguna Lake: A freshwater lake where the local Pokémon come to drink. People will often picnic here while trainers are more interested in seeing the kinds of Pokémon the lake attracts.
    As Fireray was walking though the the path to the lake his fiery friend was unhappy. It wasn't unusual for a fire-typ that he was unhappy but he kept walking with him because he saved him 1 year ago.
    "Cynda Cynda Quil." cried Cyndaquil in protest making it very clear not to go further.
    "Come on Cyndaquil don't be a wimp. When we go our next adventure will be in the Volcano." Fireray told Cyndaquil. Happy with this augument Cyndaquil kelt walking this time nearer to Fireray but happy thinking about the heat as they suddenly arrived at the lake. Taking in the beautiful sight of the river Cyndaquil obviously happy of the sight that lay before them.

  19. #419
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: Your eyes fix onto the last cloche with a mangled look of horror and disbelief. You stare for what feels like hours into the glassy eyes of the catfish, a wrought-iron stick skewering it through its middle with each thick segment topped in sliced pineapple. There was no explaining it. Somehow you just knew it was Moku, the happy-go-lucky hippie you’d met just a day a go in the lake hundreds of meters above. They shared the same sweet, intoxicated expression, the Whiscash’s whiskers a spitting image of the traveller’s Fu Manchu moustache. Grief strikes you like a wave against a rocky cliff, your thoughts drifting to Chong, Lily, Orcharist and Sothe who you’d hoped were out of harms way on the lagoon’s bank. The warning etched below your empty dinner plate was rattling through your brain – there were no lengths this girl wouldn’t go to and you no longer had any reason to trust her. You were going to beat her at her own game...

    With all your guts you manage to repress your feelings and send daggers toward the mermaid. She could have very easily been imagining this however, as soon as she gazes back at you your face had shifted to one of twisted pleasure. You then prize a joint of Whiscash spéciale and take a hearty mouthful. The roasted skin crunched on your bite, a burst of fatty juices filling your mouth and tantalising your taste buds. Melćna lets out the quietest sigh of relief she could muster, barely audible over the chewing of delicious catfish meat. With a satisfied swallow, you make sure to keep the siren on her tail – cutting straight to the chase with a question that had been burning in your throat ever since read the words ‘SHE LIES’.

    This sucked all the atmosphere out of the room. The mermaid looks stricken with surprise, her spoon slipping from her hand and clanging on the side of her bowl of boiled Shellder. The waiters tumble over each other comically, the Qwilfish puffing to twice its size and jabbering something in rapid French as all three of them frantically skirted out of the room – probably wanting to get in a safe distance before the siren erupted. But that didn’t happen at all. Her eyes started to well up as the long silence hit breaking point. She looked absolutely terrified, her darkish pupils darting around the dining room as though she was being watched. It looked as though she was trying to communicate something to you through a single look. Her acting skills had trumped yours tenfold, as you couldn’t help feel a momentary lapse of concern. Then you spot a glimpse of scarlet light flicker in her pupils and her petrified demeanour switches to one of uneasiness.

    “I’ve always been scared of men... ever since that old guy attacked me up at the lake”, she explains almost too innocently, before sending you the lovesick stare that had worked every time up until now, “But that was until I met you, baby... how about we go back to the royal bedroom for... dessert”. There was no need for her to raise a seductive brow - it was obvious what she wasn't talking about food. But what were her intentions this time?
    Balmund gauges her reaction very carefully after uttering his last question. It seems to have effectively caught everyone off guard. Good. The siren's eyes now started to well up, and they seemed to dart to and fro in absolute terror as if she was being they were being watched, a reaction which certainly caught Balmund's attention. Out of all the possible things, that was one peculiar response he wasn't quite expecting, at least given his current set of assumption. "SHE LIES!" The though popped back into his head. Of course she is, but then again, everybody does, and Balmund himself could also be an exceptional liar. The question is, lying about what? He needed to focus, and to open his mind wide to all sorts of possibilities. He couldn't quite lay all of his judgement on the mermaid when there was still a possibility of there being more than meets the eye regarding this whole mystery. Then again, he couldn't bring himself to trust her at all, even though she still had his sympathy; his mind flashing back to the scene she had showed him earlier.

    She admits to having been scared of men ever since the incident. Balmund expected no less, such a thing would traumatize anyone, filling them with fear, or anger, if not both. It wouldn't be something one could easily overcome, and when she claimed her feeling was different towards him, he couldn't help brushing it off as a complete lie. When she suggests retiring to the royal chambers for "sweet dessert", Balmund grins naughtily in return, moving towards her, eyes momentarily set on the roasted Wiscash before locking themselves with hers. "Fool, as if you haven't been hypnotized enough" He thought to himself, but he had purpose in this action. The rules of the "game" dictated that it had to be done this way; to look every bit enthralled in lustful desire like many a perverted man would. He couldn't help thinking that he was half-acting not only for her, but for someone else too. "Oh hun, I'm sure you know better than to invite a man to your room on the first date." He chuckled, ever with a smile on his face. "Cutoff the act, I've seen through it... but I want to help you. Is that the only place we can speak in absolute privacy?" He then suddenly whispered. This was yet another gamble, but in Balmund's mind, the best course of action. Hopefully, he wasn't just digging himself into an underwater grave...
    Last edited by Balmund; 21st August 2012 at 12:04 AM.

  20. #420
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Raine’s Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: The pressure was on and the heat was really starting to get to you as you were posed with more challenges than an rookie was normally expected to handle. Jets of water from the outer pool where gushing into the tunnel, letting loose an angry Sharpedo who circled the coaster cart snapping its jaws feverishly. The cool water was knee deep now, and steadily rising – you’d need your wits about you to squirm out of this one. Unfortunately your wits are lost somewhere in the panic and wailing of your underage partner. Sheepishly recalling Livewire and making no attempts to stun or fend off the Sharpedo, you wrestle out of your seat with one arm, yanking billy by his Pikachu-tail with the other. With the flatfish gone, the shark’s beady eyes lock onto your bare ankles with a sense of abiding hunger - the Kyogre-shaped vehicle the only thing wedging you a safe distance from harm.

    Eventually the rising flood reaches your waist, and then your neck. A sharp splinter of glass signals more leaks are bursting up and down the cylinder, the pressure reaching dangerous highs. With the salty tang spraying up your nose and you take one long breath of air and signal the child to follow your lead. Your eyes force shut for a split second as your ears block with the low hum of ocean. You strain your eyes back open, the hole in the ceiling no longer pumping water with a clear view of the sun several dozen meters above. With Billy fastening to your waist you switch into a breast stroke, attempting to kick your legs with some struggle. Looking over your shoulder your bloodshot eyes widen at the sight of Sharpedo - locked onto your leg and trying to tug you back down! What will you do?

    Summoning the power of pent-up adrenaline and SCIENCE, Joshua managed to push the cold metal bar free. Now he recalled Livewire, and grabbed onto Billy. Yes, the menacing Sharpedo was glaring at him now, but this was the only way he could ensure survival. The kid took hold of his waist, and as the water began to rise to his chest, Joshua took a deep breath. Thankfully the sun's rays reached the bottom of the pool, which could have created a major problem.

    Speaking of major problems, Sharpedo made its move. It blasted forward as the trainer kicked, and clamped down hard on his leg. It took all his willpower for Joshua not to open his mouth and let out a scream, but somehow he managed. What could he do? Again, he had only one hope. Using his free leg, he attempted to kick Sharpedo in the nose, and force it to let go. To prevent it from further pursuing him, he moved his hand to his pocket, and called out the tiny blue turtle, Aegis the Squirtle again. Aegis would have to act as a decoy while Joshua got to the surface, and possibly use the occasional Tackle attack to cover them. This strategy had its flaws. Aegis might still be wounded from his fight with Livewire, and there was nothing he could really do for the other passengers but trust they could make it to safety themselves. He prayed to his chosen deity that he would make it out, and set his plan into motion. Once free, it would be a mad dash to the surface...


    OOC: Yes, I'm back. I apologise for the delay Emp, but this is really the first chance I've had to sit down for a zone reply in roughly a month. Also, your attempts to murder me are outright disturbing now. And yes, I did correct your typo. It was staring me in the face the whole time I was writing this, and I'm crazy.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  21. #421
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    454

    Default Whale Island - 18

    Raine's Wildlife Park

    Son of Shadows: With survival instincts taking charge you breaststroke upward weighed down by your heavy clothes and the young juvenile wrapped tightly against your waist. The suns rays broke through the turquoise waters like a homing beacon, and it was that you’d focus on as you made your ascent. But there was a spanner in the works, and the Sharpedo you’d shrugged off in your escape wasn’t letting you go without a fight. The shark’s jaws locked tight around your ankle, sending a sharp pain ebbing from your sneaker up to your waist. Not looking to lose a foot you kick blindly at the predator, managing to bonk it on the nose after a few failed attempts. Strands of blood spool from its tiny nostrils as it lets go, lunging rearward in a sneeze as your leg throbbed in relief. This wouldn’t hold it off for long, and before making a break for the surface you inch for another Pokéball. The sphere loses altitude, chinking on the roof of the glass tunnel you’d just escaped from and cracking open to reveal Aegis the Squirtle. The turtle’s eyes home in on you before darting toward the shark whose gills were flaring as it prepped for another attack. You don’t need to explain, and with time scarce the word ‘Tackle’ leaves your throat in a muffled gurgle.

    The seaturtle nods and you set your sights back on the sun just a beeline above. Not daring to look back you break into another swim, the low thud of Aegis veering into the Sharpedo setting your mind at ease. You keep your eyes fixed on the blurred ball of light up ahead, shrugging over the school of Luvdisc that’d just swerved past and blocking out the high-frequency resonance of the Lanturn pod’s echolocation. Your lungs crave the fresh air just meters ahead, each kick of your legs agonizing as a stitch seized a hold of your stomach. You feel lightheaded as consciousness starts to slip away, but cling desperately to the here and now. Just a few more lunges. Jamming your stinging eyes shut you finally break through to the surface with an almighty gasp of air. Water runs down your face as you frantically look around the blurred surroundings. The tracks of the Kyogre-Koaster snaked overhead, all of its carts lined up in the docking bay and out of action. A man donning a blue bandana was being pulled away from the scene with some struggle, and a blond haired man had dived into the waters and was headed in your direction. With a front crawl on par with a high level Poliwrath, Rain closes in on you and hoists the comatose Billy onto his shoulder. Pulling a U-turn back to the poolside he yells “Come on kid!” You prepare to doggy paddle the rest of your way back to safety before faltering in your tracks. Aegis was still underwater! A good dozen meters away the turtle was tucked into his resilient carapace, unable to flee as the Sharpedo flailed it around like a chew toy. Not looking to pick a fight with you’d have to work out how to incapacitate it so Aegis could get away. What will you do?

    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: As the mermaid attempted to saddle you away from the truth yet again you decide to call her out on your growing suspicions, which was either an incredibly brave or reckless course of action. You do this in hushed tones, concerned she was being manipulated by some evil puppet master who had the room tapped. As you pull away from her earshot you spot a growing smile on the woman’s face, and any hope burning within is extinguished by her icy cold words, “There is nowhere you can talk to her without me hearing. I have made certain she can never be hurt by another man” her evil stare seems to suppress any retort, the forming words dissipating like mist. She paces back toward the table, her red hair flowing down her back like wisps of flame. There’s no gauging her reaction from this view, but as the silence lingers on she starts playing with one of the knives sending a lump down your throat.

    “You were much cleverer than the others. By the time they found out they were already in love”, the siren continues, spinning the blade in her hand, “And then I crushed their hearts before crushing them” She grasps a hold of the blade so swiftly your tail gives off a wince. Maybe now would be the time to test out your new powers... “You may be worthy of her after all...” her face suddenly contorts in some form of internal struggle. “Of course not. No man is good enough. And for spoiling my plans I will make sure that your pain is the deepest yet, and then I will kill you like you killed her!” She turns in one sudden, fluid motion. Her eyes as black as the Milotic’s and twice as Captivating. Your tailbone stiffens as she edges closer, your eyes darting around nervously as the rest of your body refused to obey. She kisses you on the lips, running her fingers through your hair as her nipples pressed softly against your bare chest. There was no love in the gesture - it was the kiss of death. As she breaks away you feel a sudden and sharp pain in your gut. Her spell breaks and you groan in agony, pressing your hand against the deep cut her knife left whilst hot blood gushed from the gaps in your fingers. The mermaid’s wicked laughing seems muffled with your head pounding, the pain starting to ebb through your whole body as you sink into oblivion...

    An unknown amount of time passes until you finally come to, your eyes opening to pitch blackness with the days events like some forgotten dream. Then the realisation of your situation crashes against you like a stormy sea, your ears were still filled with the hum of ocean. That meant she had to be near, and all the colour washes out of your face. You then remember your mortal wound, and attempt to examine it with your fingers, but your hands were bound in shackles. They rub painfully against your wrists in your attempts to break free, leaving you with nothing but a tail you’d only had for a day. All hope seems lost until the room suddenly fills with light. Vivid reds and blues from the crystals growing on the floors and walls blind you for a few seconds, your eyes stinging as you attempt to strain ahead. You were being held captive in the largest chamber by far, this one eerily reminiscent of a coliseum. Straining just ahead you spot a great stalagmite ripping through the heart of the arena, two figures tied to it like bait. As your vision returns the two blurs quickly come into focus – Chong and Lily! The last of the hippie trio screamed in muffled silence as they looked toward you in a fusion of shock and terror. They’d also been transformed into merfolk, their Huntail and Gorebyss tails flickering feebly against their bounds. Your eyes dart around the coliseum, desperate for some sort of tool to help you out of this desperate situation. You spot it glimmering like a diamond in the rough, a cherry-hued sphere that you were somehow certain held Eriphaim just in your tail’s reach. Before you can act on this impulse a terrifying voice echoes down the cavern.

    “Welcome back, honey” her words were filled with spite rather than lust this time, “I hope you enjoy your final hours as much as I will. Only a man with unmatched skill, wit and courage will be able to escape my games... So I guess that makes them unwinnable! Let the torture begin...” The voice rattles through your skull as you focus on the pair ahead. Did they know Moku was long dead? You wonder if things would have been different if you’d never met them. Of course they would. Your thoughts are shortly dashed by two new arrivals that break free from a pair of fissures on the roof of the cavern. The Sharpedo veered down toward the stalagmite and gracefully circled the prisoners in perfect symmetry, each waiting for the other to take the first bite whilst the traveller’s eyes grew wider. She’d promised to kill off another two of your friends, only this time she’d given you a front row ticket to the carnage. Or maybe this was a challenge, and maybe Eriphaim had been set in your reach to spare the hippies a gruesome death at the hands of the bloodthirsty sharks. Whatever it was, time was running out fast. What will you do?

    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: Atop of the Hydro-Electric dam’s reservoir you quickly discover your fears were uncalled for as the generator’s failure was nothing more than driftwood clogging the turbine courtesy of a Bidoof colony upstream. The feeling of relief isn’t shared all around as Volkner storms around like a child, eventually slumping down to the floor using his Luxray as a headrest and throwing the problem on your shoulders. Arguing wasn’t going to get you anywhere, so you choose to shrug off the gym leader’s boyish behaviour and focus on the job ahead. You brandish a Pokéball and toss it into the pool, bubbles running off its surface as it looses altitude. Then with a flash of light a small butterflyfish emerges and bobs to the surface. With a chirp he sets off back downstream on your command, his fins shimmering neon pink courtesy of their luminescence. You watch on cautiously as he stops at the turbine which was easily ten times his size and start to worry if he’d be able to out speed its current when it reactivates. The shunt of the blades against the blockage doesn’t paint a pretty picture in your head and you look towards Volkner. The man didn’t seem to be paying any attention, playing with the apps on his Pokétch without sparing a second glance.

    Back to the job ahead, Stream’s gills flare as she lets loose a Water Gun, the jet of pressure beating away at the clumps of wood. The showering manages to clean away the mud sharpish, but the wood and branches holds on for what feels like minutes. Finally a snap muffled by the water reveals one of the branches has given way, the propeller swinging with more leeway now. The Finneon’s eyes glint with determination as it powers on another torrent targeted at a large stump. The pressure pushes him back a few feet until the log shoots into the turbine and out of sight! Suddenly the turbine spins into motion and the rest of the blockage is pushed through it thanks to the fast building current. A low hum emanating from the whitewash walls of the dam makes you aware of its reactivation. With the blades spinning into one white blur the butterflyfish sees this as her queue to leave, but that’s easier said than done as the current tugs at her like an invisible fishing hook. The moment of panic soon passes as he narrowly breaks free of the violent flow, but resurfaces almost immediately as a loud crack pierces through the air. This seems to jolt Volkner to his senses too as you both zoom in on the lumber dam were several logs had just broken off. One stump was ferrying a small Bidoof squealing in terror as the driftwood picked up speed. It would surely drown without your help, but with Stream a considerable distance away seems to spot a problem. Still looking bored he remains lay on Luxray as he flings one of his Pokéballs into the water. A Lanturn resurfaces with a dazzling summersault, making a cheerful clicking sound toward its master.

    “Save the ‘doof”, he calls impassively. The dolphin nods and tails toward the Bidoof at mach speed. Intercepting the lumber before it could crash into the dam, the Lanturn presses its nose against it and starts to swim the Bidoof toward safety until- BZZZZZZZZ Your attention is drawn suddenly back toward the dam, sparks flying up and down the power lines feeding from it. Suddenly the structure releases a bolt of lightning into the air, making Storm kick his forelegs in bewilderment, inadvertently throwing you off. The lightning penetrates the cloudy sky which releases a drum of thunder in retaliation. Luxray leaps to its feet and roars toward the dam whilst Volkner - who’d been rested against the cat – swears as he bangs his head on the ground. Whilst the two electric types were acting bewildered Wildfire seemed immune to its effects. You look back toward the reservoir and Stream didn’t looked fazed either, but your confusion would have to wait for now as Lanturn had released the Bidoof in its nonplussed stupor sending it hurtling back toward a watery grave! What will you do?

    Cascade Waterfall

    Kaisap: Love was in the air above as you peered through the leafy canopy, the Hoothoot crooning affectionately in a lovesick trance. Both fighters were looking worse for wear; the owl’s feathers ruffled and singed as it hung feebly in the air whilst Kitty’s downy fur was mottled red peck marks. With a window of opportunity swung open you’re quick to take advantage of the bird’s incapacitated state, volleying what looked to be the last set of orders. Smiling just enough to show her pointy fangs, the kitten loosens her grip on the branch - her back curved and her tail raised high as she prepared to pounce. You strain your eyes with baited breath, the treetops rife with action as the Skitty suddenly springs from her position and made for Hoothoot! The feline Tackles into the bird sending them in a freefall through the leafy mesa. Kitty wrows as the owl hoots hysterically, the two pecking, scratching and swinging for each other as they hit every branch on the way down. It’d be fair to say that romance is dead as they crash land on a net of vines just a reach from your position. The Hoothoot balances lop-sidedly on one foot, hanging on by the skin of its teeth. With one dive forward it gouges Kitty’s eye with a Peck, the cat screeching in mangled pain and fury. Going in for the kill, the feline churns up another inferno which Incinerates the lattice of ivy as it parries toward the enemy. You watch on with a glint pride as the cat’s beady eyes flicker in the dancing flames, the ebbing cinders unveiling a KO’d Hoothoot. Level Up for Kitty!

    The kitten paws at the unconscious owl like a ball of twine before stuffing it in her mouth. At a safe height she bounds light-footedly down to the forest floor, dropping the bird at your feet like a present... Gross! Before you can even summon the words for it a nervous gruff courtesy of the Donphan momma dashes your thoughts. There was a bewildered look in her darting eyes as she suddenly started pushing her babies into the woods with her tire-like snout. Your questions are quickly answered by a low ‘chopping’ sound prickling your ears. You strain for a better listen as the Donphan trumpets, rallying the parade of Phanpy further into the safety of the undercanopy. The noise was homing in, the watering hole completely deserted now aside from the thunder of the crashing cascade. Your heart starts to race as Kitty nuzzles between your legs, its head curiously following the growing ‘chopping’. Suddenly a harsh wind starts to blow down on your position, the gale blustering through the trees, their branches bending and foliage shedding. You look up through the opening in the canopy, spotting a jet black apache helicopter with a red R painted on its doors. Recognising the scarlet insignia as the sign of Team Rocket, you instinctively scoop up Kitty and dive out of the criminal’s line of sight. The chopping of the helicopter blades starts to move toward the lake which was now rippling in the blustering wind of the apache. From what you can see through the trees the doors had whooshed open to let loose a Wheezing which spiralled downward belching a thick Smokescreen over the fresh air. As the black haze carpeted the lake you catch one last glimpse of the Donphan bellowing and stomping its feet, it must have hung back to protect its babies! The billowing smoke quickly consumes the Donphan, forcing you to rely on your ears for what happens next. Two pairs of feet land on the bank, the elephant trumpets becoming muffled as it struggled into submission followed by a loud crash as it toppled over on its own weight.

    “Tranquiliser darts loaded with Seviper venom”, a female voice states amidst the smokescreen.

    “Nice”, the male voice replies, “Looks like this one’ll sell for a lot. Really long tusks”

    “We’re not out of the woods yet Ted, wasn’t there a Ranger spotted in the vicinity?”

    “I wouldn’t worry about that, Bundy. Our intel tells us he’s the worst ranger in the academy!”

    The two guffaw as their voices lift off into the air, drowned out by the chopping of the helicopter setting course toward the waterfall. With the smoke starting to thin you manage to make out its spinning silhouette as it disappears over the cascade, Donphan in its mitts. You feel a sudden pang of guilt for not doing anything. It was over in such a flash that you didn’t have a chance, and if you didn’t act fast the Phanpy calfs would be left without a mother. Before you could even gather your racing thoughts and begin to formulate a rescue plan, your attention is dashed by the snapping of branches from behind. Suddenly a young man donning black overalls and a red ranger jacket breaks out of the forest, wheezing as he bends down to his legs to gather his breath. You take one look at the teen, beads of sweat trickling down his forehead and leaving a patch on his chest, his glasses askew and his combed hair looking windswept and ruffled. After a long minute of panting he raises his head, his green eyes locking on yours as he struggles to string together a sentence, “Have you se-se-seen a Team R-r-rocket helicopter? I-I-I’ve been following it for hours! My n-names Deadalus by the way” He says, outstretching a hand for you to shake before quickly deciding to comb the dark strands of hair out of his face instead. What will you do?
    Last edited by Emp; 23rd August 2012 at 8:17 PM.

  22. #422
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Hydro-Electric Dam

    Myahoo: Atop of the Hydro-Electric dam’s reservoir you quickly discover your fears were uncalled for as the generator’s failure was nothing more than driftwood clogging the turbine courtesy of a Bidoof colony upstream. The feeling of relief isn’t shared all around as Volkner storms around like a child, eventually slumping down to the floor using his Luxray as a headrest and throwing the problem on your shoulders. Arguing wasn’t going to get you anywhere, so you choose to shrug off the gym leader’s boyish behaviour and focus on the job ahead. You brandish a Pokéball and toss it into the pool, bubbles running off its surface as it looses altitude. Then with a flash of light a small butterflyfish emerges and bobs to the surface. With a chirp he sets off back downstream on your command, his fins shimmering neon pink courtesy of their luminescence. You watch on cautiously as he stops at the turbine which was easily ten times his size and start to worry if he’d be able to out speed its current when it reactivates. The shunt of the blades against the blockage doesn’t paint a pretty picture in your head and you look towards Volkner. The man didn’t seem to be paying any attention, playing with the apps on his Pokétch without sparing a second glance.

    Back to the job ahead, Stream’s gills flare as she lets loose a Water Gun, the jet of pressure beating away at the clumps of wood. The showering manages to clean away the mud sharpish, but the wood and branches holds on for what feels like minutes. Finally a snap muffled by the water reveals one of the branches has given way, the propeller swinging with more leeway now. The Finneon’s eyes glint with determination as it powers on another torrent targeted at a large stump. The pressure pushes him back a few feet until the log shoots into the turbine and out of sight! Suddenly the turbine spins into motion and the rest of the blockage is pushed through it thanks to the fast building current. A low hum emanating from the whitewash walls of the dam makes you aware of its reactivation. With the blades spinning into one white blur the butterflyfish sees this as her queue to leave, but that’s easier said than done as the current tugs at her like an invisible fishing hook. The moment of panic soon passes as he narrowly breaks free of the violent flow, but resurfaces almost immediately as a loud crack pierces through the air. This seems to jolt Volkner to his senses too as you both zoom in on the lumber dam were several logs had just broken off. One stump was ferrying a small Bidoof squealing in terror as the driftwood picked up speed. It would surely drown without your help, but with Stream a considerable distance away seems to spot a problem. Still looking bored he remains lay on Luxray as he flings one of his Pokéballs into the water. A Lanturn resurfaces with a dazzling summersault, making a cheerful clicking sound toward its master.

    “Save the ‘doof”, he calls impassively. The dolphin nods and tails toward the Bidoof at mach speed. Intercepting the lumber before it could crash into the dam, the Lanturn presses its nose against it and starts to swim the Bidoof toward safety until- BZZZZZZZZ Your attention is drawn suddenly back toward the dam, sparks flying up and down the power lines feeding from it. Suddenly the structure releases a bolt of lightning into the air, making Storm kick his forelegs in bewilderment, inadvertently throwing you off. The lightning penetrates the cloudy sky which releases a drum of thunder in retaliation. Luxray leaps to its feet and roars toward the dam whilst Volkner - who’d been rested against the cat – swears as he bangs his head on the ground. Whilst the two electric types were acting bewildered Wildfire seemed immune to its effects. You look back toward the reservoir and Stream didn’t looked fazed either, but your confusion would have to wait for now as Lanturn had released the Bidoof in its nonplussed stupor sending it hurtling back toward a watery grave! What will you do?
    Melissa tracked her aquatic Pokemon as he swam down to the turbine and she realized just how much of a size difference there was. Would he be able to get out of the current? she wondered, more than a little worried with the Finneon far out of her reach should anything happen. The teen glanced briefly at Volkner and a surge of irritation rose up when she saw him focusing completely on some app on his Poketch; she turned away quickly, suppressing the urge to give him a good whack on the head, and returned to watching Stream do his job.

    Stream let loose a Water Gun to clear the turbine of debris, removing the mud immediately but leaving the wood and branches behind. He continued applying water pressure on the remaining debris and one of the branches snapped, letting the propeller swing more. The teen could almost see the determination in her Pokemon's eyes, as he turned his Water Gun on a large stump. He ended up moving back a few feet from the pressure, but the log shot through the turbine and the propeller started spinning again. "Yes!" Melissa cheered from her vantage point when she felt the dam start humming again. However, she spotted her little butterflyfish getting dragged towards the turbine and tensed up, before releasing a sigh when he got free of the current. A loud crack has her snapping her gaze over to the Bidoof dam where she spots some logs that she guessed had just broken off the dam and, most importantly, a terrified Bidoof on a small stump whose ferry was picking up speed. She finally sees Volkner do something useful when he sends out his Lanturn.

    "Save the 'doof," he told it and it was on its way to pushing the Bidoof to safety when something huge happened. The teen turned her attention back to the dam when a loud BZZZZZZZZ came from it and she flinched when she saw the sparks flying from the dam's power lines. Melissa cursed in shock when the dam let loose a lightning bolt skyward and gasped when Storm suddenly reared, neighing in bewilderment. She cursed again when she hit the ground, but her thoughts were on the strange phenomenon; the thunder created when the lightning bolt went up sounded ominous to the younger trainer's ears. She twisted around at the sound of the Luxray's roar and, while she would normally have grinned at Volkner's misfortune, she glanced at the other Pokemon around them instead. Wildfire, having fallen onto her stomach when she'd fallen, peered up at her in worry to make sure she was alright. While she reassured him, she turned her gaze towards Stream to see him doing fine while Volkner's Lanturn had stopped pushing the Bidoof!

    In a panic, Melissa pushed aside her confusion of the lightning bolt and the Electric Pokemons' behavior and called out to Stream, "Stream! You have to save the Bidoof! I know you can do it! Hurry over to the log and start pushing it, if you can! If you can't reach it in time or you don't have enough strength to push it, use Surf!" She climbed to her feet and set Wildfire back in his customary spot on her left shoulder, as they watched anxiously to see if Stream could make it in time.

  23. #423
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Rainbow Reef

    Dark Searchman and Trainer Andy: Whilst the rescue of Briney’s Slowpoke in almost one piece had gone off without a sitch, there was still a long way to go as the hungry Amprey coiled hungrily between yourselves and escape. Sparks jumped up and down its slinky body in Delilah’s torchlight, strands of blood still drifting from its sucker mouth in the gentle currents of the sunken ship. Hearts pounding with fear, you team up for another round as the crustacean and the angler fish spring into action. Delilah flounders in an arc toward the foe, her bulbs crackling as she lets loose a Shockwave of electricity. The current bursts from her position, hitting the eel as well as Kray who’d gone in for a Thunder Punch. Socking the foe in the fin with one of his crabhammers, he’s suddenly knocked sideways caught in the angler fish’s line of fire. The hardy Corphish flails his pincer angrily in the Chinchou’s direction, cursing something like ‘Watch where you’re firing!’ This unfortunately leaves him sitting duck for Eelektrik’s revenge as his markings flicker on and he shoots forward like a torpedo. The eel’s combusts into a Charge of Wild electricity as he rams into the lobster with a powerful tackle. Corphish grits his teeth as he’s sent crashing into the greenish floorboards which splinter on impact, emerging with sparks still flying up his shell armour.

    Rounding back on Kray, the predator is caught completely off guard as Delilah spits off a jet of Bubbles. The foamy blast peppers against its dorsal fin for a modest hit, managing to grab his attention more than anything. Eelektrik switches targets immediately, veering up toward Delilah and latching onto her with a Crunch. The angler fish wails in pain as the lamprey sinks its teeth into her scales, sporting a ring of gory bite marks on her torso as they break apart. Corphish swims back up to his battle partner’s side, the duo tailing off the round with a Bubble-Surf combo. As Chinchou gargles up another jet of foam, the Corphish flails its arms to create a wave that pulls the bubbles into its current. The torrent arcs down the deck and breaks on reaching its target. An explosion of foam engulfs the murky waters, momentarily obscuring the lamprey from view. The Eelektrik suddenly springs out of its cover and lunges for Delilah, Coiling its body around the Chinchou and locking it in a tight constrict. What will you do?


    At this point, it seemed impossible to tell who had the upper hand in this battle.

    The combined attacks of Delilah and Kray certainly appeared to be hitting their mark, but all that seemed to acheive was to make the Eel madder. Both Kray and Delilah were being battered with some pretty hard hits, Kray's carapace letting off the odd spark of electricity and Delilah sporting a rather nasty looking puncture wound thanks to the Eelektrik sucker-like mouth.
    And now, just when the situation couldn't have seemed to have gotten any worse, their opponent had ensnared Delilah with it's serpentine body, squeezing and constricting her tiny frame.

    "Damn it. This is bad." Andy muttered, whether it was to himself or the group as a whole was open to question. "Kray, you've got to get in there and free Delilah. Just like we did with Slowpoke," He called, rallying his Pokemon for this new rescue attempt "Try hitting it with a Thunder Punch first, maybe Delilah can draw some residual energy from that and use it to help herself. Then just try to Chip Away at the coils, see if you can loosen them."

    They needed to work fast, it wasn't even worth thinking about what would happen if Delilah suffered the same fate as Slowpoke. And Kray would have no chance of winning this fight on his own.

    "Don't worry, Hyrem" Andy said reassuringly to his fellow Trainer, "We'll get her out of there, and then hopefully we can finish this once and for all!"

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  24. #424
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Kakatua Lagoon

    Balmund: As the mermaid attempted to saddle you away from the truth yet again you decide to call her out on your growing suspicions, which was either an incredibly brave or reckless course of action. You do this in hushed tones, concerned she was being manipulated by some evil puppet master who had the room tapped. As you pull away from her earshot you spot a growing smile on the woman’s face, and any hope burning within is extinguished by her icy cold words, “There is nowhere you can talk to her without me hearing. I have made certain she can never be hurt by another man” her evil stare seems to suppress any retort, the forming words dissipating like mist. She paces back toward the table, her red hair flowing down her back like wisps of flame. There’s no gauging her reaction from this view, but as the silence lingers on she starts playing with one of the knives sending a lump down your throat.

    “You were much cleverer than the others. By the time they found out they were already in love”, the siren continues, spinning the blade in her hand, “And then I crushed their hearts before crushing them” She grasps a hold of the blade so swiftly your tail gives off a wince. Maybe now would be the time to test out your new powers... “You may be worthy of her after all...” her face suddenly contorts in some form of internal struggle. “Of course not. No man is good enough. And for spoiling my plans I will make sure that your pain is the deepest yet, and then I will kill you like you killed her!” She turns in one sudden, fluid motion. Her eyes as black as the Milotic’s and twice as Captivating. Your tailbone stiffens as she edges closer, your eyes darting around nervously as the rest of your body refused to obey. She kisses you on the lips, running her fingers through your hair as her nipples pressed softly against your bare chest. There was no love in the gesture - it was the kiss of death. As she breaks away you feel a sudden and sharp pain in your gut. Her spell breaks and you groan in agony, pressing your hand against the deep cut her knife left whilst hot blood gushed from the gaps in your fingers. The mermaid’s wicked laughing seems muffled with your head pounding, the pain starting to ebb through your whole body as you sink into oblivion...

    An unknown amount of time passes until you finally come to, your eyes opening to pitch blackness with the days events like some forgotten dream. Then the realisation of your situation crashes against you like a stormy sea, your ears were still filled with the hum of ocean. That meant she had to be near, and all the colour washes out of your face. You then remember your mortal wound, and attempt to examine it with your fingers, but your hands were bound in shackles. They rub painfully against your wrists in your attempts to break free, leaving you with nothing but a tail you’d only had for a day. All hope seems lost until the room suddenly fills with light. Vivid reds and blues from the crystals growing on the floors and walls blind you for a few seconds, your eyes stinging as you attempt to strain ahead. You were being held captive in the largest chamber by far, this one eerily reminiscent of a coliseum. Straining just ahead you spot a great stalagmite ripping through the heart of the arena, two figures tied to it like bait. As your vision returns the two blurs quickly come into focus – Chong and Lily! The last of the hippie trio screamed in muffled silence as they looked toward you in a fusion of shock and terror. They’d also been transformed into merfolk, their Huntail and Gorebyss tails flickering feebly against their bounds. Your eyes dart around the coliseum, desperate for some sort of tool to help you out of this desperate situation. You spot it glimmering like a diamond in the rough, a cherry-hued sphere that you were somehow certain held Eriphaim just in your tail’s reach. Before you can act on this impulse a terrifying voice echoes down the cavern.

    “Welcome back, honey” her words were filled with spite rather than lust this time, “I hope you enjoy your final hours as much as I will. Only a man with unmatched skill, wit and courage will be able to escape my games... So I guess that makes them unwinnable! Let the torture begin...” The voice rattles through your skull as you focus on the pair ahead. Did they know Moku was long dead? You wonder if things would have been different if you’d never met them. Of course they would. Your thoughts are shortly dashed by two new arrivals that break free from a pair of fissures on the roof of the cavern. The Sharpedo veered down toward the stalagmite and gracefully circled the prisoners in perfect symmetry, each waiting for the other to take the first bite whilst the traveller’s eyes grew wider. She’d promised to kill off another two of your friends, only this time she’d given you a front row ticket to the carnage. Or maybe this was a challenge, and maybe Eriphaim had been set in your reach to spare the hippies a gruesome death at the hands of the bloodthirsty sharks. Whatever it was, time was running out fast. What will you do?
    The mermaid's expression changes drastically as Balmund whispers to her, smiling almost victoriously. Balmund was right, and at the same time, very wrong in his assumption. It was not "she" with whom he was speaking, but rather "they", after all. How did he not see this sooner?

    She starts dangerously playing around with one of the table knives as she reveals her true, wicked intention to the merman. Her hatred of men truly knew no limits, they were all one and the same to her... to Milotic. She sought to play with their emotions, before crushing them in both body and soul for the ultimate satisfaction; the most gratifying form of revenge. How many others perished so miserably before him? Was Balmund truly the first one to catch on so quick? The sirens face seems to denote some sort of inner struggle however, could it be that this wasn't the will of the little girl, after all? But no matter, for Milotic, men are not to be trusted. They and they alone were the responsibles for her death.

    She transforms once again, her eyes turning black and captivating beyond belief, freezing Balmund in place as she edged closer and closer. He knew he was in danger, but his body betrayed him thoroughly. She kissed him, and he tasted her lips, and felt her fingers caress his head and her nipples softly press against his bare chest. A taste of sweet, sweet poison. As she pulls away, Balmund feels an intense pain in his gut, bending over and clutching his abdomen as warm blood gushed out of it. What a way to die. With his head pounding from the pain, he could barely hear her wicked and hysterical laughter as he felt his strength and senses fade out. The water was so cold... it was game over for the dragon tamer...

    ...Balmund wakes up. Wasn't he supposed to be dead... again? Who knows how long has it been, but as he returned to conciousness he found himself shackled within one of the greatest chambers of them all, which eeriely resembled a coliseum. At the heart of it, a great stalagmite ripped through it with none other than Chong and Lily! They both seemed tied to stone pillar, and they too had been transformed into merfolk. They seem to notice Balmund and look at him with a mix of both shock and horror. Balmund wondered if they knew about Moku, but this was hardly a time to talk about that. At least they weren't dead yet, but that didn't make their situation any less desperate. Balmund desperately looked for a solution, for something that could help him out in this situation, and then he found it, the metallic sphere he was so familiar with. It just had be Ephraim!

    Before he could reach it, he's interrupted by the mermaid, who sadistically taunts him, making it very clear just how perilous their situation was. Two figures enter the arena, and Balmund's eyes widen with horror as he sees the pair of Sharpedo rounding up their prisoners. She would have him witness the gory demise of his new met friends before finishing him off for good. Something had to be done, and fast!

    The Pokéball was set before him, and though Balmund wasn't sure he could quickly release it, or even move it to hand's reach with his clumsy tail, he at leats had to try. A pair of Signal Beams to the both of them should draw their attention. But even for a mighty dragon, two against one was hardly a fair fight. If there was a time to test out his newly found powers, it was now or never. He had to break free somehow. He had to summon the strength of his inner Gyarados if he wanted to have a chance at clearing this cruel test. Though logic screamed at this being a horrible idea, his instinct guided him to do otherwise. Bite through the shackles! Trust his dragons fangs! There are no bindings strong enough to hold such a beast. Then break all hell loose with righteous Dragon Rage!
    Last edited by Balmund; 23rd August 2012 at 9:32 PM.

  25. #425
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Rainbow Reef

    Dark Searchman and Trainer Andy: Whilst the rescue of Briney’s Slowpoke in almost one piece had gone off without a sitch, there was still a long way to go as the hungry Amprey coiled hungrily between yourselves and escape. Sparks jumped up and down its slinky body in Delilah’s torchlight, strands of blood still drifting from its sucker mouth in the gentle currents of the sunken ship. Hearts pounding with fear, you team up for another round as the crustacean and the angler fish spring into action. Delilah flounders in an arc toward the foe, her bulbs crackling as she lets loose a Shockwave of electricity. The current bursts from her position, hitting the eel as well as Kray who’d gone in for a Thunder Punch. Socking the foe in the fin with one of his crabhammers, he’s suddenly knocked sideways caught in the angler fish’s line of fire. The hardy Corphish flails his pincer angrily in the Chinchou’s direction, cursing something like ‘Watch where you’re firing!’ This unfortunately leaves him sitting duck for Eelektrik’s revenge as his markings flicker on and he shoots forward like a torpedo. The eel’s combusts into a Charge of Wild electricity as he rams into the lobster with a powerful tackle. Corphish grits his teeth as he’s sent crashing into the greenish floorboards which splinter on impact, emerging with sparks still flying up his shell armour.

    Rounding back on Kray, the predator is caught completely off guard as Delilah spits off a jet of Bubbles. The foamy blast peppers against its dorsal fin for a modest hit, managing to grab his attention more than anything. Eelektrik switches targets immediately, veering up toward Delilah and latching onto her with a Crunch. The angler fish wails in pain as the lamprey sinks its teeth into her scales, sporting a ring of gory bite marks on her torso as they break apart. Corphish swims back up to his battle partner’s side, the duo tailing off the round with a Bubble-Surf combo. As Chinchou gargles up another jet of foam, the Corphish flails its arms to create a wave that pulls the bubbles into its current. The torrent arcs down the deck and breaks on reaching its target. An explosion of foam engulfs the murky waters, momentarily obscuring the lamprey from view. The Eelektrik suddenly springs out of its cover and lunges for Delilah, Coiling its body around the Chinchou and locking it in a tight constrict. What will you do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Andy View Post
    At this point, it seemed impossible to tell who had the upper hand in this battle.

    The combined attacks of Delilah and Kray certainly appeared to be hitting their mark, but all that seemed to acheive was to make the Eel madder. Both Kray and Delilah were being battered with some pretty hard hits, Kray's carapace letting off the odd spark of electricity and Delilah sporting a rather nasty looking puncture wound thanks to the Eelektrik sucker-like mouth.
    And now, just when the situation couldn't have seemed to have gotten any worse, their opponent had ensnared Delilah with it's serpentine body, squeezing and constricting her tiny frame.

    "Damn it. This is bad." Andy muttered, whether it was to himself or the group as a whole was open to question. "Kray, you've got to get in there and free Delilah. Just like we did with Slowpoke," He called, rallying his Pokemon for this new rescue attempt "Try hitting it with a Thunder Punch first, maybe Delilah can draw some residual energy from that and use it to help herself. Then just try to Chip Away at the coils, see if you can loosen them."

    They needed to work fast, it wasn't even worth thinking about what would happen if Delilah suffered the same fate as Slowpoke. And Kray would have no chance of winning this fight on his own.

    "Don't worry, Hyrem" Andy said reassuringly to his fellow Trainer, "We'll get her out of there, and then hopefully we can finish this once and for all!"
    Now that Hyrem and Andy had rescued Captain Briney's Slowpoke, all they needed to do was beat an Eelektrik and get out of the ship. Not too hard, right? Well actually...

    Not only was the Eelektrik a much stronger opponent than Delilah and Kray combined, it had an appetite to match its strength. Still, the team was undaunted and went in for a more offensive assault. While Kray favored a close range Thunder Punch, Delilah wanted more of a distance attack, charging up and releasing an electrical Shock Wave. Eelektrik was hit by both attacks, but Kray was also caught in Delilah's attack and got knocked to the side, angrily waving his arms at her. "I'm sorry!" the Chinchou apologized, embarrassed at her lack of control. Oh, but in his anger, Kray left himself wide open to Eelektrik's Wild Charge and took a huge hit, getting sent into the floor and coming back up with electricity running through his body.

    As if that wasn't bad enough, Hyrem and Delilah could see Eelektrik swimming back towards Kray for another attack. Delilah had to do something! So she spit out a flurry of Bubbles which just manage to catch the EleFish on the dorsal fin, drawing its attention away from Kray... and towards Delilah. Heh heh, okay, maybe that was a bad idea. A very bad idea. The EleFish swims up to Delilah faster than she can react and Crunches down on the angler's delicate flesh.

    "Chooooooooou!!" she cries out in agony.

    "Delilahhh!!" Hyrem screams in equal horror. She was a Pokemon he'd just caught on the boat above, but already they had grown a bond, and her bright personality certainly helped with that. He couldn't stand to see her get brutally attacked like that, but he knew that if he tried to interfere, he was liable to get a nasty shock of his own by the Eelektrik. It finally lets go, leaving four nasty incisions on Delilah's torso neatly arranged in a circle. This did allow Kray the time to join Delilah, likely with gratitude that she was so brave to distract Eelektrik from him. They nod to each other, and Delilah fires off another wave of Bubbles, while the Corphish summoned an underwater tide for the pockets of air to Surf on. This combination attack soon reaches Eelektrik and explodes in foam on contact. But this meant nobody could see Eelektrik... until it suddenly lunged for Delilah and wrapped her up tightly in its Coils. It had gotten a taste of anglerfish and was clearly intent on making Delilah its next prey.

    Not good.

    "Oh no, Delilah!" Hyrem calls out to his Pokemon again, now truly concerned about what was happening to her.

    "Damn it. This is bad." added Andy. "Kray, you've got to get in there and free Delilah. Just like we did with Slowpoke. Try hitting it with a Thunder Punch first, maybe Delilah can draw some residual energy from that and use it to help herself. Then just try to Chip Away at the coils, see if you can loosen them."

    That's right. Hyrem and Delilah weren't in this alone, they had Andy and Kray willing to help them in their time of need. Even though Eelektrik looked a lot more powerful, if the two trainers and their Pokemon continued to work as a team, they might just be able to win against this eel.

    "Delilah, try Flailing, and see if you can break Eelektrik's grip! If you can't break free, wait for Kray to turn away before using Flash twice! If you break free, use your own Surf attack, and make it so you and Kray can ride the wave into Eelektrik, then use Bubble at close range!"

    Flail was a pretty risky move that would probably use up a lot of energy, but this was no time to play it safe, her life was in danger!

    "Don't worry, Hyrem" he could hear Andy say to him. "We'll get her out of there, and then hopefully we can finish this once and for all!"

    "Yeah, hopefully," he replied, tensing up in the moment. Delilah and Kray both looked badly injured; they had to finish off Eelektrik before it finished them off, in which case the humans would be next... and helpless against the EleFish. But would they finish it off soon enough? Hyrem, Andy, and their Water Pokemon were about to find out...

    My claimed Pokemon is...Seviper!

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •